- Analysis of factors influencing hepatocellular carcinoma detection: efficient use of computed tomography during arterial portography and during hepatic arteriography
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:266-73. 2005
..This study was performed to investigate the situations in which computed tomography (CT) combined with arterial portography and hepatic arteriography surpassed dynamic CT in the detection of hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma with intrahepatic arterial yttrium-90 microspheres: a phase I and II study
W Y Lau
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories
Br J Cancer 70:994-9. 1994
..2 weeks). This difference is statistically significant with P = 0.005. We conclude that yttrium-90 microsphere therapy is safe and that tumour response is dose related. A tumour dose of > 120 Gy is recommended...
- Novel therapy for liver cancer: direct intraarterial injection of a potent inhibitor of ATP production
Jean Francois H Geschwind
Division of Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2185, USA
Cancer Res 62:3909-13. 2002
- PROACT: a phase II randomized trial of recombinant pro-urokinase by direct arterial delivery in acute middle cerebral artery stroke. PROACT Investigators. Prolyse in Acute Cerebral Thromboembolism
G J del Zoppo
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, Calif 92037, USA
Stroke 29:4-11. 1998
- Analysis of the safety and efficacy of intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy in ischemic stroke
Rejane C Lisboa
Departments of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Stroke 33:2866-71. 2002
..Intra-arterial thrombolytic therapy (IAT) may be a treatment option for patients with ischemic stroke. We analyzed the safety and efficacy of IAT on the basis of published data...
- Predictors of clinical improvement, angiographic recanalization, and intracranial hemorrhage after intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke
J I Suarez
Department of Neurology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Stroke 30:2094-100. 1999
..We sought to evaluate predictors of clinical outcome, angiographic success, and adverse effects after intra-arterial administration of urokinase for acute ischemic stroke...
- Antitumoral efficacy and pharmacokinetic properties of pirarubicin upon hepatic intra-arterial injection in the rabbit V x 2 tumour model
Research Laboratories, Nippon Kayaku Co Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 71:518-24. 1995
..injection of EPL. Our findings indicate that THP is the better candidate of the two drugs tested for the h.i.a. chemotherapy because of its greater anti-tumour activity and the lower systemic drug exposure achieved upon h.i.a. injection...
- Intra-arterial delivery of endostatin gene to brain tumors prolongs survival and alters tumor vessel ultrastructure
F H Barnett
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Gene Ther 11:1283-9. 2004
..We conclude that intra-arterial injection of plasmids selectively targets therapeutic genes to CNS neoplasms. This method of gene therapy holds promise for the treatment of these highly malignant brain tumors...
- Factors influencing outcome and treatment effect in PROACT II
Lawrence R Wechsler
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stroke 34:1224-9. 2003
..The purpose of the current study was to examine baseline factors to determine predictors of good outcome and response to treatment...
- Pre- and in-hospital delays from stroke onset to intra-arterial thrombolysis
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 34:1230-4. 2003
..The aim of this study was to examine, in our tertiary care center, the time intervals preceding intra-arterial thrombolysis in order to accelerate and optimize the management of acute strokes...
- Sequential combination of intravenous recombinant tissue plasminogen activator and intra-arterial urokinase in acute ischemic stroke
Kyung Yul Lee
Department of Neurology, BK21 Projects for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:1470-5. 2004
..We prospectively evaluated the effectiveness and safety of sequential combination of IV rTPA and IA UK in acute ischemic stroke...
- Arterial consequences of recreational drug use
P A Coughlin
Department of Vascular Surgery, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, England, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 32:389-96. 2006
..Inadvertent intra-arterial injection predisposes to distal limb ischaemia. Cocaine has numerous effects not only on the heart, but also potentially on any vascular bed...
- Ethiodized oil-ethanol capillary embolization in rabbit kidneys: temporal histopathologic findings
Section of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 057, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiology 232:147-53. 2004
..To determine the temporal histopathologic findings associated with selective arterial injection of a 1:1 ethiodized oil-ethanol mixture (EEM) in normal rabbit kidney followed by administration of pure ethanol into the main renal artery...
- Intra-arterial thrombolysis
J L Saver
Stroke Center and Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Neurology 57:S58-60. 2001
..In coming years, IA thrombolysis, alone or in combination with endovascular mechanical reperfusion techniques, is likely to be increasingly refined and validated and to become a widely accepted therapy for acute ischemic stroke...
- Gene therapy by adenovirus-mediated vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin-1 promotes perfusion of muscle flaps
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:149-59. 2002
..Ang-1 alone or in combination with VEGF was as effective as VEGF alone in augmenting muscle perfusion with more stable vessels 1 week after gene therapy...
- Safety and growth suppressive effect of intra-hepatic arterial injection of AdCMV-p53 combined with CDDP to rat liver metastatic tumors
Second Dept of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 22:399-406. 2003
..In conclusion, hepatic arterial injection of an adenovirus vector is better than portal vein injection for gene transduction efficiency, and causes no liver function disorder even when the injection is combined with CDDP...
- Efficient expression of naked dna delivered intraarterially to limb muscles of nonhuman primates
Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, Waisman Center, Medical School, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 53705, USA
Hum Gene Ther 12:427-38. 2001
..Other studies in immunosuppressed rats indicated that stable expression is possible. These results suggest that the procedure is likely to enable efficient and stable gene expression in human muscle without substantial toxicity...
- Randomized controlled trial of transarterial lipiodol chemoembolization for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma
Chung Mau Lo
Center for the Study of Liver Disease, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Hepatology 35:1164-71. 2002
..In conclusion, in Asian patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma, transarterial Lipiodol chemoembolization significantly improves survival and is an effective form of treatment...
- Hepatic arterial chemotherapy in combination with systemic chemotherapy compared with hepatic arterial chemotherapy alone for liver metastases from colorectal cancer: results of a multi-centric randomized study
Department of Oncology and Surgical Oncology, S Giuseppe General Hospital, Empoli Florence, Italy
In Vivo 20:707-9. 2006
..In conclusion, the combination of HAI+SYC is active and safe showing a clinical advantage with respect to simple HAI, increasing overall survival, response rate and time to progression...
- Preoperative treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma with intra-arterial injection of 131I-labelled lipiodol
J L Raoul
Departement d Oncologie Medicale, Centre E Marquis, Rennes Cedex, France
Br J Surg 90:1379-83. 2003
..Recurrence is common after surgery for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Intra-arterial injection of iodine-131-labeled lipiodol for treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma
Department of Medical Oncology, Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes, France
Radiother Oncol 82:76-82. 2007
..We report, the results of an open study of this therapy in cirrhotic patients with small hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Safety of adjunctive intracoronary thrombolytic therapy during complex percutaneous coronary intervention: initial experience with intracoronary tenecteplase
Robert V Kelly
Division of Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:327-32. 2005
..In conclusion, intracoronary TNK is safe and well tolerated in patients who develop thrombotic complications during complex PCI...
- Long-term follow-up of hepatic arterial chemoembolization with cisplatin suspended in iodized oil for hepatocellular carcinoma
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, 1 1, Honjo 1 chome, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:809-13. 2003
..We evaluated the results of the long-term follow-up of lipiodol-cisplatin suspension therapy and the augmentation of its anti-cancer effect when in combination with transcatheter arterial embolization...
- Thrombolysis of basilar artery occlusion--intra-arterial or intravenous: is there really no difference?
Stroke 38:9; author reply 10-11. 2007
- Arteriographic demonstration of slow antegrade opacification distal to a cerebrovascular thromboembolic occlusion site as a favorable indicator for intra-arterial thrombolysis
G A Christoforidis
Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1528-31. 2006
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization of liver tumors: effects of embolization protocol on injectable volume of chemotherapy and subsequent arterial patency
Jean Francois H Geschwind
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:111-7. 2003
..6% for group 3. Arterial patency at follow-up angiography was 56% for group 1, 74% for group 2, and 81% for group 3. The slurry protocol (group 1) significantly reduced arterial patency and injectable volume of chemotherapy during TACE...
- Prospective cohort study of transarterial chemoembolization for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma in 8510 patients
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 131:461-9. 2006
..To elucidate the survival of the patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who underwent transcatheter arterial lipiodol chemoembolization (TACE) and to analyze the factors affecting the survivals...
- Combined IV-intra-arterial thrombolysis: a color-coded duplex pilot study
Department of Neurology, University Hospital and Medical School of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Neurology 67:324-6. 2006
- Transarterial chemoembolization for inoperable, early stage hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with Child-Pugh grade A and B: results of a comparative study in 96 Chinese patients
Man Fung Yuen
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1181-5. 2003
..We conducted a comparative study to determine whether TACE treatment had any survival benefit for patients with unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and with relatively preserved liver function...
- Combined IV and intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke
M L Flaherty
Department of Neurology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 231 Albert Sabin Way, MSB Rm 5161B, Cincinnati, OH, 45267 0525, USA
Neurology 64:386-8. 2005
..Three-month modified Rankin Scale scores were 0 to 2 for 50% of patients, mortality was 18%, and symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage occurred in 8%. IV/IA thrombolysis appeared safe and effective in this group...
- Intravenous versus intracoronary myocardial contrast echocardiography for evaluation of no-reflow after primary percutaneous coronary intervention
Jong Min Song
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan corrected Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Echocardiography 22:818-25. 2005
- Thrombolysis for central retinal artery occlusion
Department of Ophthalmology, Neuro Ophthalmology Unit, Emory University, 1365 B Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neuroophthalmol 27:215-30. 2007
..Even if this trial demonstrates a benefit, thrombolytic treatment is unlikely to become widespread in the management of CRAO unless it can be deployed quickly after the event...
- A phase I/II trial of chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma using a novel intra-arterial drug-eluting bead
Ronnie T P Poon
Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:1100-8. 2007
..To assess the safety and efficacy of transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) using doxorubicin-eluting beads (DEB) for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Combined intravenous and intraarterial revascularization therapy using MRI perfusion/diffusion mismatch selection for acute ischemic stroke at 3-6 h after symptom onset
Moon Ku Han
Department of Neurology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, 300, Gumi dong, Bundang gu, Seongnam 463 707, Korea
Neurocrit Care 8:353-9. 2008
..However, the advantages of combined IV and intraarterial (IA) thrombolysis after 3 h of stroke onset are unexplored...
- [Use of thrombolytic agents during invasive treatments for retinal vascular occlusions]
V V Sosnovskiĭ
Vestn Oftalmol 123:51-4. 2007
- Comparison of intraarterial and intravenous thrombolysis for ischemic stroke with hyperdense middle cerebral artery sign
Heinrich P Mattle
University Hospital Bern, Department of Neurology, Inselspital, Freiburgstrasse, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Stroke 39:379-83. 2008
..The aim of this study was to compare IAT and IVT in stroke patients with HMCAS...
- [Intra-arterial thrombolysis of the middle cerebral artery: an overview]
Klinik für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Neuroradiologie, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar
Radiologe 45:439-47. 2005
..This article provides an overview of state-of-the-art intravenous and intra-arterial therapeutic concepts and attempts to define the position of the local intra-arterial fibrinolysis approach...
- Progression to hypervascular hepatocellular carcinoma: correlation with intranodular blood supply evaluated with CT during intraarterial injection of contrast material
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, 13 1 Takaramachi, Kanazawa 920 8641, Japan
Radiology 225:143-9. 2002
- Preoperative detection of liver metastases secondary to pancreatic cancer: utility of combined helical computed tomography during arterial portography with biphasic computed tomography-assisted hepatic arteriography
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Pancreas 29:188-92. 2004
- Real-time MRI monitoring of transcatheter hepatic artery contrast agent delivery in rabbits
Kent T Sato
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University Medical School, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 251 E Huron St, 4 710 Feinberg, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Acad Radiol 12:1342-50. 2005
..We sought to test the hypothesis that transcatheter hepatic artery delivery of dilute gadolinium (Gd) in rabbits can be monitored in real-time using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Imaging of multistep human hepatocarcinogenesis by CT during intra-arterial contrast injection
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University, School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Intervirology 47:271-6. 2004
..We also revealed that there was a close correlation between the prognosis of the nodules and the blood supply patterns...
- Intra-arterial administration of fasudil hydrochloride for vasospasm following subarachnoid hemorrhage - analysis of time-density curve with digital subtraction angiography
The Department of Neurosurgery, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 46:535-9; discussion 540. 2006
..The present study suggests that intra-arterial administration of fasudil hydrochloride is effective as a treatment for vasospasm following SAH...
- Two-stage liver surgery for advanced liver metastasis synchronous with colorectal tumor
N J Lygidakis
Department of Surgical Oncology, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 51:413-8. 2004
..To evaluate the efficacy of two-stage surgery and multidisciplinary approach, in the treatment of primary colorectal cancer, synchronous with advanced liver metastases...
- Unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: survival and prognostic factors after lipiodol chemoembolisation in 89 patients
Department of Digestive Diseases, Edouard Herriot Hospital, Hospitals of Lyon, Lyon, France
Dig Liver Dis 38:125-33. 2006
..The majority of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma are not eligible for surgical radical treatment (resection or liver transplantation) and lipiodol chemoembolisation is an efficient alternative procedure in this indication...
- [Sustained clinical response of large hepatocellular carcinoma after chemoembolization with pirarubicin, amiodarone and Lipiodol]
Jean Pierre Cercueil
Département d Imagerie Médicale, CHU de Dijon
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1281-3. 2004
..Polysorbate 80, an excipient of injectable amiodarone stabilizes the anthracycline/lipiodol emulsion. The clinical efficacy of this new formulation could be evaluated in a phase II clinical trial...
- Outcome of hepatoblastoma treated with the JPLT-1 (Japanese Study Group for Pediatric Liver Tumor) Protocol-1: A report from the Japanese Study Group for Pediatric Liver Tumor
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hokkaido University, School of Medicine and the JPLT, Kita ku, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo, Japan 060 8638
J Pediatr Surg 37:851-6. 2002
..This report reviews the results of the Japanese Study Group for Pediatric Liver Tumor Protocol-1 (JPLT-1) and compares its outcomes with published reports of other studies...
- The efficacy of nicorandil, calcium chloride and nitroglycerin in treatment of ropivacaine-induced cardiotoxicity
J M Porter
University College Cork, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Cork, Ireland
Eur J Anaesthesiol 20:939-44. 2003
..v. nitroglycerin (glyceryl trinitrate) (5 microg kg(-1)) and calcium chloride (1, 2 and 4 mmol) in reversing the cardiotoxic effects of intracoronary ropivacaine were studied following the administration of intracoronary ropivacaine...
- Thrombolysis in patients with acute stroke caused by cervical artery dissection: analysis of 9 patients and review of the literature
Department of Neurology, University of Berne, Inselspital, CH 3010 Berne, Switzerland
Arch Neurol 59:549-53. 2002
..Results of recently published studies suggest that intravenous thrombolysis (IVT) and local intra-arterial thrombolysis (LIT) are feasible procedures in acute stroke after cervical artery dissection (CAD)...
- Intra-arterial administration of sodium borocaptate (BSH)/lipiodol emulsion delivers B-10 to liver tumors highly selectively for boron neutron capture therapy: experimental studies in the rat liver model
Radiation Oncology Research Laboratory, Research Reactor Institute, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:260-6. 2004
..The purpose of the present study was to reveal the efficacy for administration of emulsion of a boron compound (sodium borocaptate; BSH) and lipiodol via a hepatic artery using a rat liver tumor model...
- Intracoronary compared with intravenous bolus abciximab application in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention: the randomized Leipzig immediate percutaneous coronary intervention abciximab IV
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig, Heart Center, Strumpellstrasse 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Circulation 118:49-57. 2008
..Intracoronary abciximab bolus application results in high local drug concentrations and may be more effective than a standard intravenous bolus...
- Hyperdense middle cerebral artery sign: can it be used to select intra-arterial versus intravenous thrombolysis in acute ischemic stroke?
NJ Neuroscience Institute, JFK Medical Center, Seton Hall University School of Graduate Medical Education, Edison, USA
Cerebrovasc Dis 17:182-90. 2004
..Stroke patients with a hyperdense middle cerebral artery sign (HMCAS) may respond less favorably to intravenous (IV) thrombolysis...
- Image-guided vascular recanalization in acute stroke
Neuroradiology Division, Stroke Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Semin Roentgenol 37:237-48. 2002
- Thrombolysis 2004: the good, the bad, and the ugly
Louis R Caplan
Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, MA, USA
Rev Neurol Dis 1:16-26. 2004
..Finally, the author shares his advice to doctors about present thrombolytic management of patients with acute ischemic stroke...
- Intracoronary administration of abciximab in ST-elevation myocardial infarction
C Michael Gibson
Circulation 118:6-8. 2008
- Advantages of a combined approach to recanalization therapy
Stroke 39:e71; author reply e72. 2008
- Computed tomographic findings in patients undergoing intra-arterial thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke due to middle cerebral artery occlusion: results from the PROACT II trial
Heidi C Roberts
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Stroke 33:1557-65. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the role of noncontrast CT in the selection of patients to receive thrombolytic therapy for acute ischemic stroke and to predict radiological and clinical outcomes...
- Acute intravenous--intra-arterial revascularization therapy for severe ischemic stroke
Michael D Hill
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stroke 33:279-82. 2002
..A combination of these two approaches may provide the best chance of improving outcome in severe acute ischemic stroke. We sought to assess the safety and feasibility of this approach...
- Adding to the effectiveness of intravenous tissue plasminogen activator for treating acute stroke
James C Grotta
Circulation 107:2769-70. 2003
- Intracoronary nitroprusside for the prevention of the no-reflow phenomenon after primary percutaneous coronary intervention in acute myocardial infarction. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial
Department of Cardiology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Am Heart J 152:887.e9-14. 2006
- Treatment and clinical outcome in patients with basilar artery occlusion
Stroke 37:2206; author reply 2207. 2006
- Accidental intraarterial cocaine injection
Roger W Simon
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1124-5. 2008
- Selective internal radiation therapy with 90yttrium microspheres for extensive colorectal liver metastases
R S Stubbs
Wakefield Gastroenterology Centre, Wakefield Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand
J Gastrointest Surg 5:294-302. 2001
..Survival times, particularly for those who do not develop extrahepatic metastases for some time, appear to be extended. SIRT warrants further use and investigation in patients with advanced colorectal liver metastases...
- [Analysis on the prognostic factors in patients with large hepatocarcinoma treated by shentao ruangan pill and hydroxycamptothecine]
Li zhu Lin
First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of TCM, Guangzhou 510405
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 25:8-11. 2005
..To observe the effect of intervention therapy with Shentao Ruangan pill (SRP) and hydroxycamptothecine (HCPT) in treating 85 patients with middle-advanced large hepatocarcinoma, and to analyze the factors that could affect the prognosis...
- Large-volume liver metastases from neuroendocrine tumors: hepatic intraarterial 90Y-DOTA-lanreotide as effective palliative therapy
Mary K G McStay
Department of Radiology, Royal Free Hospital, London NW3 2QG, England
Radiology 237:718-26. 2005
- Preparation and biodistribution of rhenium-188 ECD/Lipiodol in rats following hepatic arterial injection
Tsai Yueh Luo
Chungtai Institute of Health Sciences and Technology, Taichung, Taiwan
Nucl Med Biol 31:671-7. 2004
..In conclusion, the new preparation of (188)Re-ECD/Lipiodol is a candidate agent for the treatment of liver cancer...
- Intra-arterial hepatic carboplatin-based chemotherapy for ocular melanoma metastatic to the liver. Report of a phase II study
Oncology Department, Civil Hospital of Mantova, Italy
Tumori 80:37-9. 1994
..CONCLUSIONS: Carboplatin seems suitable for intra-arterial hepatic chemotherapy and active in ocular melanoma metastatic to the liver...
- Efficacy of intracoronary nicardipine in the treatment of no-reflow during percutaneous coronary intervention
Raymond I Huang
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:671-6. 2006
..The goal of this study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of nicardipine in reversing no-reflow during percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)...
- Intraarterial hepatic chemoembolization of liver metastases from colorectal cancer adopting irinotecan-eluting beads: results of a phase II clinical study
Department of Oncology, San Giuseppe Hospital, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale 11, Empoli, Florence, Italy
In Vivo 21:1085-91. 2007
..Major analgesics such as morphine must be used before and after the procedure. Our results suggest that TACE using irinotecan-eluting beads is feasible and active in pretreated patients with liver metastases from CRC...
- Following a trial that stopped early: what next for adjuvant hepatic intra-arterial iodine-131 lipiodol in resectable hepatocellular carcinoma?
S B Tan
J Clin Oncol 20:1709. 2002
- Targeted chemotherapy for unresectable primary and metastatic liver cancer
First Department of Surgery, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Acta Oncol 33:133-7. 1994
..In the 110 patients with metastatic liver cancer, the carcinoembryonic antigen level and tumor size were reduced. The 1-, 2-, and 5-year survival rates of these 110 patients were 61, 32, and 22% respectively...
- Adjuvant intra-arterial iodine-131-labeled lipiodol for resectable hepatocellular carcinoma: a prospective randomized trial-update on 5-year and 10-year survival
Wan Yee Lau
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ann Surg 247:43-8. 2008
..This study evaluated the long-term outcome...
- [Caustic injuries of the eye, skin and the gastrointestinal tract]
Toxikologische Abteilung der II Medizinischen Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar Technische Universität München, Munchen
Ther Umsch 66:379-86. 2009
..Perforation, evolution of a mediastinitis or peritonitis with multi-organ failure are devastating complications with extremely high mortality and warrants immediate surgical treatment...
- Bradykinin and its receptors in non-mammalian vertebrates
J M Conlon
Regulatory Peptide Center, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University Medical School, Omaha, NE 68178 0405, USA
Regul Pept 79:71-81. 1999
- Cholecystokinin stimulates neuronal receptors to produce contraction of the canine colon
F C Barone
Department of Pharmacology, Smith Kline and French Laboratories, King of Prussia, PA 19406
Life Sci 44:533-42. 1989
..Proglumide and CBZ-CCK27-32-amide are effective CCK receptor antagonists at these colonic neuronal receptors...
- Influence of calcium-entry blockade on vasoconstrictor responses in feline mesenteric vascular bed
H L Lippton
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112
Circ Res 61:570-80. 1987
- Gastrointestinal blood flow in the red Irish lord, Hemilepidotus hemilepidotus: long-term effects of feeding and adrenergic control
Department of Zoology, , Sweden
J Comp Physiol B 170:145-52. 2000
..Other control mechanisms are suggested...
- Uterine responses to exogenous oxytocin before and after pre-partum luteolysis in the cow
M M Taverne
Department of Herd Health and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Reprod Domest Anim 36:267-72. 2001
..Physiological doses of oxytocin did not evoke a spurt release of PGF2alpha in uterine venous blood during the peripartal period...
- Regulation of the cardiorespiratory system of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) during severe hypoxia at three seasonal acclimation temperatures
J A W Stecyk
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Physiol Biochem Zool 79:614-27. 2006
- A young woman with clear cell adenocarcinoma of the uterine cervix
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kantou Rousai Hospital, 2035 Kizukisumiyoshi cho, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki 211 8510, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 8:399-404. 2003
..These results suggest that menarche and menopause may play roles in promoting carcinogenesis, or alternatively, that a subpopulation of women are subject to genetic or exogenous risk factors other than DES...
- Local effect of substance P on colonic motor activity in different experimental states
J Y Hou
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226
Am J Physiol 256:G997-1004. 1989
..Anesthetic doses of barbiturates have no major effects on the neuromuscular response to substance P, but laparotomy significantly inhibits the smooth muscle response and selectively blocks some neurons...
- Actual clinical use of gadolinium-chelates for non-MRI applications
Holger M Strunk
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Eur Radiol 14:1055-62. 2004
..Even at this dose, though, this results in a relatively small overall volume to be injected, which limits utility somewhat...
- Amlodipine effects on vasomotion in rabbit external ophthalmic artery
Departamento de Clinica, CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinária de Lisboa, Alameda da Universidade Técnica, 1300 477 Lisbon, Portugal
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:213-21. 2010
..in order to answer two questions: (1) What are amlodipine effects upon perfusion pressure and spontaneous oscillations in the in situ perfused rabbit eyes? (2) Can intraarterial amlodipine counteract ET-1 induced vasoconstriction?..
- Modulation of catecholamine storage and release by the pituitary-interrenal axis in the rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss
S G Reid
Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Comp Physiol B 165:665-76. 1996
..The results of this study demonstrate that interactions within the pituitary-adrenal axis can influence both catecholamine storage and release in the rainbow trout...
- Analysis of vasodilator responses to peroxynitrite in the hindlimb vascular bed of the cat
Bobby D Nossaman
Department of Anesthesiology, Ochsner Health System, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:358-66. 2007
..These studies suggest that under physiologic conditions, the cytotoxic effects of (ONOO-) on a short-term basis may have been overemphasized...
- Effects of captopril on responses to bradykinin in the hindquarters vascular bed of the rat
B D Nossaman
Department of Anesthesiology, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Peptides 18:491-4. 1997
..The observation that the evoked systemic vasodepressor responses to i.a. injections of BK were greatly enhanced, suggest that the lung is the major site of inactivation of BK...
- Endotoxin sensitization to kinin B(1) receptor agonist in a non-human primate model: haemodynamic and pro-inflammatory effects
University of Montreal Hospital CHUM Research Center, 3840 St Urbain St, room 7 132B, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1T8, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 132:327-35. 2001
..5. These results suggest LPS up-regulation of B(1) receptor effects in green monkeys. This non-human primate model may be suitable for testing new, selective B(1) antagonists with therapeutic potential as anti-inflammatory agents...
- Inhibition of vasodilatation by methylene blue in large and small arteries of the dog hindlimb in vivo
C G Sobey
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 15:401-10. 1988
..Methylene blue inhibited the local vasodilator actions of ACh in the femoral vasculature despite potentiating the systemic depressor response to that agent...
- n-Butyl 2-cyanoacrylate--substitute for IBCA in interventional neuroradiology: histopathologic and polymerization time studies
M F Brothers
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 10:777-86. 1989
..We conclude that NBCA has clinical and biologic behaviors similar to IBCA, and therefore should be an acceptable alternative to IBCA for intravascular use...
- Splanchnic tissues undergo hypoxic stress during whole body hyperthermia
D M Hall
Department of Exercise Science, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Physiol 276:G1195-203. 1999
..These data provide evidence that hyperthermia produces cellular hypoxia and metabolic stress in splanchnic tissues and suggest that cellular metabolic stress may contribute to radical generation during heat stress...
- Antidipsogenic effects of eel bradykinins in the eel Anguilla japonica
Department of Marine Bioscience, Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo, Nakano, Tokyo 164 8639, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 281:R1090-6. 2001
..In mammals, BK is dipsogenic and vasodepressor, so that our data demonstrate opposite effects on fluid and cardiovascular regulation of BK in the eel and suggest a new physiological role for the kallikrein-kinin system in teleost fish...
- Exercise training improves femoral artery blood flow responses to endothelium-dependent dilators in hypercholesterolemic pigs
Christopher R Woodman
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2362-8. 2006
..These data suggest that Ex-induced improvements in FABF in HF arteries are mediated by vascular adaptations in arteries/arterioles downstream from the femoral artery...
- Safe radiation exposure of medical personnel by using simple methods of radioprotection while administering 131I-lipiodol therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Centre Eugene Marquis, Rennes, France
Nucl Med Commun 24:671-8. 2003
..These results show that the administration of high therapeutic activities of 131I-lipiodol can be carried out for the exposed personnel with a dose at the level of the fingers much lower than the European regulatory limit of 500 mSv...
- Evidence that neurotensin mediates postprandial intestinal hyperemia in the python, Python regius
Zoophysiology, Department of Biological Sciences, Aarhus University, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1393-9. 2007
..The data provide evidence that NT is an important hormonal mediator of postprandial intestinal hyperemia in the python, but its involvement in mediating the cardiac responses to digestion may be relatively minor...
- Effect of ganglionic stimulating and blocking agents on the fast components of colonic myoelectrical activity in the rat
A P Chandran
Department of Physiology and Paediatric Surgery, Medical College, Rohtak, India
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 67:1240-2. 1989
- Cardiovascular actions of dogfish urotensin I in the dogfish, Scyliorhinus canicula
Department of Zoophysiology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 109:269-75. 1998
..The data suggest that U-I, released together with potent pressor peptide urotensin II from the caudal neurosecretory system, may play a physiological role in cardiovascular regulation in elasmobranchs...
- Effects of bolus injections of leukotrienes and norepinephrine on forelimb vascular and lymphatic pressures
D E Dobbins
Department of Physiology, Uniformed Services, University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland 20814 4799
Microcirc Endothelium Lymphatics 4:249-64. 1988
..These data indicate that leukotrienes exhibit only mild constrictor effects on forelimb blood vessels and do not significantly affect forelimb prenodal lymphatic vessels...
- Ventilatory and cardiovascular actions of centrally and peripherally administered trout pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the unanaesthetized trout
J C Le Mevel
Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, Universite de Brest, INSERM U650, Laboratoire de Traitement de l Information Médicale, Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, IFR 148 ScInBioS, 22 avenue Camille Desmoulins, CS 93837, 29238 Brest Cedex 3, CHU de Brest, France
J Exp Biol 212:3919-27. 2009
- Endothelin-1 causes systemic vasodilatation in anaesthetised turtles (Trachemys scripta) through activation of ETB-receptors
Department of Zoophysiology, Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Aarhus, Denmark
J Exp Biol 208:3739-46. 2005
..This present study indicates, therefore, that ET(B)-receptors are responsible for the majority of the cardiovascular responses to ET-1 in Trachemys...
- Prostaglandins and modulation of small bowel myoelectric activity
C T Frantzides
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226
Am J Physiol 262:G488-97. 1992
..PGE2 has an inhibitory effect both on the spontaneous and PGF2 alpha-induced small intestinal myoelectric and contractile activity...
- Contrasting cardiovascular effects following central and peripheral injections of trout galanin in trout
J C Le Mevel
Laboratoire de Neurophysiologie, Unité de Formation et de Recherche de Médecine, Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 29285 Brest Cedex, France
Am J Physiol 275:R1118-26. 1998
..In conclusion, our results have shown that tGal may have contrasting cardiovascular regulatory functions in trout depending on whether its site of action is the brain or the peripheral circulation...
- The effects of acute hypoxia on chemically or neuronally induced catecholamine secretion in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) in situ and in vivo
S F Perry
Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
J Exp Biol 203:1487-95. 2000
..The differences between the results from the in vivo and in situ experiments may reflect the contribution of higher control centres and modulating factors in vivo that are absent in situ...