- Closed-chest cell injections into mouse myocardium guided by high-resolution echocardiography
Matthew L Springer
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0124, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1307-14. 2005
..However, its small heart size hampers accurate implantation into the left ventricular (LV) wall. Precise injections have required surgical visualization of the heart, which is subject to complications and is impractical for ..
- Effect of gene therapy on visual function in Leber's congenital amaurosis
James W B Bainbridge
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:2231-9. 2008
..We administered to three young adult patients subretinal injections of recombinant adeno-associated virus vector 2/2 expressing RPE65 complementary DNA (cDNA) under the control of ..
- Autologous growth factor injections in chronic tendinopathy: a systematic review
R J de Vos
Department of Sports Medicine, The Hague Medical Centre Antoniushove, Leidschendam, The Netherlands
Br Med Bull 95:63-77. 2010
..There are many proposed treatment options for chronic tendinopathy. Treatments in the form of injections with autologous whole blood or PRP are increasingly used in clinical practice...
- A phase II randomized double-masked trial of pegaptanib, an anti-vascular endothelial growth factor aptamer, for diabetic macular edema
Emmett T Cunningham
Stanford University, USA
Ophthalmology 112:1747-57. 2005
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of pegaptanib sodium injection (pegaptanib) in the treatment of diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Multiple injections of electroporated autologous T cells expressing a chimeric antigen receptor mediate regression of human disseminated tumor
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Thoracic Oncology Research Laboratory and Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Cancer Res 70:9053-61. 2010
..Multiple injections of RNA CAR-electroporated T cells mediated regression of large vascularized flank mesothelioma tumors in NOD/..
- Tracer-cocktail injections for combined pre- and intraoperative multimodal imaging of lymph nodes in a spontaneous mouse prostate tumor model
Anne C van Leeuwen
Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Division of Diagnostic Oncology, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The NetherlandsAntoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Division of Immunology, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The NetherlandsAntoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Division of Surgical Oncology, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Biomed Opt 16:016004. 2011
..Furthermore, this approach improves fluorescent-based guidance and enables both accurate surgical planning and intraoperative detection, based on a single injection...
- Psychiatrists' use, knowledge and attitudes to first- and second-generation antipsychotic long-acting injections: comparisons over 5 years
M X Patel
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
J Psychopharmacol 24:1473-82. 2010
Psychiatrists' attitudes and knowledge about antipsychotic long-acting injections (LAIs) are important given the increasing emphasis on patient choice in treatment and the availability of second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) LAIs...
- Effects of subretinal injections of indocyanine green, trypan blue, and glucose in rabbit eyes
Fernando M Penha
Department of Ophthalmology Vision Institute, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ophthalmology 114:899-908. 2007
To evaluate the effects of subretinal injections of indocyanine green (ICG), trypan blue, glucose (GL), and balanced salt solution (BSS) in rabbits.
- A comparison of two intraosseous anesthetic techniques in mandibular posterior teeth
The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, Columbus 43218, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:1476-84. 2003
..The authors undertook a study to compare the two systems' anesthetic outcomes in primary intraosseous injections in mandibular posterior teeth.
- Intermittent recombinant TSH injections prevent ovariectomy-induced bone loss
The Mount Sinai Bone Program and The Thyroid Research Unit at the Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4289-94. 2008
..In contrast, loss of function of a mutant TSHR (Pro --> Leu at 556) in congenital hypothyroid mice activates osteoclast differentiation, confirming once again our premise that TSHRs have a critical role in regulating bone remodeling...
- Dose-dependent effects of multiple acute cocaine injections on maternal behavior and aggression in Sprague-Dawley rats
J M Johns
Department of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N C 27599 7096, USA
Dev Neurosci 20:525-32. 1998
..5 mg/kg of cocaine hydrochloride HCl, or normal saline. Injections were given immediately postpartum following delivery of their final pup (PPD 1), and again on postpartum day 3 (..
- Use of injections in healthcare settings worldwide, 2000: literature review and regional estimates
Yvan J F Hutin
Department of Blood Safety and Clinical Technology, World Health Organization, Avenue Appia, 20, CH 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
BMJ 327:1075. 2003
..To describe injection practices worldwide in terms of frequency and safety...
- Efficacy and safety of corticosteroid injections and other injections for management of tendinopathy: a systematic review of randomised controlled trials
Brooke K Coombes
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Lancet 376:1751-67. 2010
..Few evidence-based treatment guidelines for tendinopathy exist. We undertook a systematic review of randomised trials to establish clinical efficacy and risk of adverse events for treatment by injection...
- Intravitreal injection of crystalline cortisone as adjunctive treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy
J B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, Mannheim of the Ruprecht Karls University, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 131:468-71. 2001
To report the clinical outcome and complications of intravitreal injections of crystalline cortisone in patients undergoing pars plana vitrectomy for treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Intraocular pressure elevation after intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide injection
Jost B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim of the University Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ophthalmology 112:593-8. 2005
To report on intraocular pressure (IOP) after intravitreal injections of triamcinolone acetonide.
- Oral, injected and implanted contraceptives and breast cancer risk among U.S. Hispanic and non-Hispanic white women
Division of Epidemiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Int J Cancer 121:2517-23. 2007
..17) for both ethnic groups combined, and 2.23 (95% CI 1.17, 4.25) for ER negative tumors. Hormonal contraceptive injections were used by 3.3% of Hispanic controls and 2.8% of non-Hispanic white controls, OR 1.23 (95% CI 0.88, 1.73)...
- Intracoronary injection of mononuclear bone marrow cells in acute myocardial infarction
Department of Cardiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
N Engl J Med 355:1199-209. 2006
..We designed a randomized, controlled trial to further investigate the effects of this treatment...
- A novel injectable temperature-sensitive zinc doped chitosan/β-glycerophosphate hydrogel for bone tissue engineering
Department of Biotechnology, School of Bioengineering, SRM University, Kattankulathur 603 203, Tamilnadu, India
Int J Biol Macromol 54:24-9. 2013
..Thus, we suggest that the Zn-CS/β-GP hydrogel could have potential impact as an injectable in situ forming scaffold for bone tissue engineering applications...
- Injectable and biodegradable thermosensitive hydrogels loaded with PHBHHx nanoparticles for the sustained and controlled release of insulin
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery System, Ministry of Education, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, People s Republic of China
Acta Biomater 9:5063-9. 2013
..biodegradable and thermosensitive NP-CS/GP gels have great potential for use in novel ultralong-acting insulin injections. In addition, the NP-loaded hydrogel system also paves the way for long-term delivery of other proteins and ..
- Long-term result of endoscopic Histoacryl (N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate) injection for treatment of gastric varices
Eun Jung Kang
Institute for Digestive Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Seoul Hospital, Seoul 140 743, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 17:1494-500. 2011
..To evaluate the long-term efficacy and safety of endoscopic obliteration with Histoacryl(®) for treatment of gastric variceal bleeding and prophylaxis...
- Clinical guideline recommendations for antipsychotic long-acting injections
John M Kane
Department of Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital, 75 59 263 Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 52:S63-7. 2009
Long-acting injections (LAIs) of antipsychotic drugs were developed over 40 years ago in an attempt to improve the long-term treatment of schizophrenia.
- Blindness following cosmetic injections of the face
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Unit, Hospital of Pisa Via Paradisa 2 Cisanello, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Plast Reconstr Surg 129:995-1012. 2012
Complications following facial cosmetic injections have recently heightened awareness of the possibility of iatrogenic blindness...
- Evaluation of safety for bilateral same-day intravitreal injections of antivascular endothelial growth factor therapy
Luiz H Lima
Vitreous, Retina, and Macula Consultants of New York, New York, New York 10022, USA
Retina 29:1213-7. 2009
To explore the incidence of complications after bilateral same-day intravitreal injections of antivascular endothelial growth factor pharmacotherapies in this retrospective interventional case series.
- Provision of injectable contraceptives in Ethiopia through community-based reproductive health agents
University of California at Berkeley, School of Public Health, 229 University Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 6390, United States of America
Bull World Health Organ 89:556-64. 2011
..To determine whether community-based health workers in a rural region of Ethiopia can provide injectable contraceptives to women with similar levels of safety, effectiveness and acceptability as health extension workers (HEWs)...
- Inflammation induced by infection potentiates tau pathological features in transgenic mice
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Am J Pathol 178:2811-22. 2011
..Taken together, infectious agents that trigger central nervous system inflammation may serve as a comorbidity for AD, leading to cognitive impairments by a mechanism that involves exacerbation of tau pathological characteristics...
- Percutaneous intramyocardial stem cell injection in patients with acute myocardial infarction: first-in-man study
Department of Cardiology, Asklepios Hospital St Georg, Hamburg, Germany
Heart 95:1145-52. 2009
..However, preclinical studies have shown that intramyocardial cell injection is better than the intracoronary approach...
- Ultrasound-guided in utero injections allow studies of the development and function of the eye
Harvard Medical School, Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 237:1034-42. 2008
Ultrasound-guided in utero injections into the brain of murine embryos has been shown to facilitate gene delivery. We investigated whether these methods would allow gene transfer into ocular structures...
- Comparison of intravitreal versus posterior sub-Tenon's capsule injection of triamcinolone acetonide for diffuse diabetic macular edema
Jose A Cardillo
Hospital de Olhos de Araraquara, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ophthalmology 112:1557-63. 2005
..To compare the safety and efficacy of intravitreal versus posterior Sub-Tenon's capsule injection of triamcinolone acetonide for diffuse diabetic macular edema...
- Adeno-associated virus type 4 (AAV4) targets ependyma and astrocytes in the subventricular zone and RMS
Program in Gene Therapy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Gene Ther 12:1503-8. 2005
..In addition, SVZ injections were conducted on adult mice...
- Disruption of vitellogenin gene function in adult honeybees by intra-abdominal injection of double-stranded RNA
Gro V Amdam
Centre for Integrative Genetics and Department of Animal Science, Agricultural University of Norway, N 1432 Aas, Norway
BMC Biotechnol 3:1. 2003
..Here we assess two methods for probing gene function by RNA interference (RNAi) in adult honeybees...
- Vitreous concentrations of triamcinolone acetonide in human eyes after intravitreal or subtenon injection
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 138:1046-8. 2004
To compare vitreous concentrations of triamcinolone acetonide (TA) achieved by prior therapeutic intravitreal and subtenon injections.
- Hepatitis A vaccine administration: comparison between jet-injector and needle injection
Alaska Native Medical Center, Viral Hepatitis Program, 4315 Diplomacy Drive, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
Vaccine 18:1939-43. 2000
..To determine if a significant difference between these two methods in seroconversion rates or geometric mean titers of anti HAV antibody occurs at day 15, 30, and 210 days after vaccination...
- Acute intraocular inflammation after intravitreous injections of bevacizumab for treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration
Sanjeewa S Wickremasinghe
Medical Retina Unit, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Ophthalmology 115:1911-5. 2008
..We describe acute intraocular inflammation after intravitreous injection of bevacizumab for the treatment of neovascular AMD...
- Anthropological perspectives on injections: a review
A V Reeler
Health Access International, Royston, Herts, England
Bull World Health Organ 78:135-43. 2000
Qualitative studies from developing countries have pointed to the widespread popularity of injections. In addition to their use by formal and informal providers and traditional healers, there is now increasing evidence of the use of ..
- Efficacy of intraosseous injections of anesthetic in children and adolescents
Jean Louis Sixou
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, UFR d Odontologie de l Université de Rennes 1 and CHU de Rennes, France
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:173-8. 2008
The goal of this study was to determine the efficacy of the intraosseous (IO) injections of anesthetic as a primary technique in children and adolescents.
- Effect of donepezil and lercanidipine on memory impairment induced by intracerebroventricular streptozotocin in rats
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, S A S Nagar 160062, Punjab, India
Life Sci 77:1-14. 2005
..3 mg/kg) showed significant improvement in memory. When administered together, the effect of combination of these two drugs on memory and cholinesterase activity was higher than that obtained with either of the drugs when used alone...
- The efficacy of supplemental intraosseous anesthesia after insufficient mandibular block
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, Bolnicka 4a, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosn J Basic Med Sci 5:57-60. 2005
..9% of mandibular molars. The difference between anesthetic efficacy of the classical mandibular block and anesthetic efficacy of the supplemental intraosseous anesthesia, applied after the insufficient mandibular block, is obvious...
- Ultrasound-guided versus 'blind' intraparotid injections of botulinum toxin-A for the treatment of sialorrhoea in patients with Parkinson's disease
Department of Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Tip Fakultesi Hastanesi, Noroloji Anabilim Dali, Zeytinlibahce Cad, Mersin Universitesi, 33070 Mersin, Turkey
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 106:93-6. 2004
To investigate the efficacy and safety of intraparotid botulinum toxin-A (BTX-A) injections into parotid gland using ultrasound-guided versus nonguided techniques for the treatment of sialorrhoea in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Anesthetic efficacy of a repeated intraosseous injection following a primary intraosseous injection
Private Practice, Pleasant Hill, CA, USA
J Endod 34:126-30. 2008
..In conclusion, using the methodology presented, repeating the intraosseous injection 30 minutes after an initial intraosseous injection will provide an additional 15 minutes of pulpal anesthesia...
- The efficacy and safety of 0.75% levobupivacaine vs 0.75% bupivacaine for peribulbar anaesthesia
D J Birt
Department of Anaesthesia, Derriforf Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Eye (Lond) 17:200-6. 2003
..Thus, this prospective, randomised, double-masked study was undertaken to assess the efficacy and safety of 0.75% levobupivacaine vs 0.75% bupivacaine, each with hyaluronidase, for peribulbar anaesthesia...
- Local injections of the 5-hydroxytryptamine antagonist mianserin into substantia nigra pars reticulata block tremulous jaw movements in rats: studies with a putative model of Parkinsonian tremor
Brian B Carlson
Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 1020, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 165:229-37. 2003
..Cholinomimetic-induced jaw movements are a putative model of parkinsonian tremor, and the ability of antipsychotic drugs to suppress these movements in rats is correlated with motor side-effect liability in humans...
- Safety and efficacy of gene transfer for Leber's congenital amaurosis
Albert M Maguire
Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2240-8. 2008
..Although the follow-up was very short and normal vision was not achieved, this study provides the basis for further gene therapy studies in patients with LCA...
- Bevacizumab-augmented retinal laser photocoagulation in proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a randomized double-masked clinical trial
Eye Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:263-9. 2008
..To evaluate the additional therapeutic effect of single intravitreal bevacizumab injection on standard laser treatment in the management of proliferative diabetic retinopathy...
- Complications of intravitreal injections
Kapil M Sampat
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 21:178-83. 2010
..The purpose of this review is to highlight the complications associated with these injections.
- A mouse model of depression induced by repeated corticosterone injections
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Eur J Pharmacol 581:113-20. 2008
..Mice received repeated injections of vehicle and 20 mg/kg of corticosterone for 1, 3 and 5 weeks, and then were subjected to the forced-swim and ..
- Triamcinolone acetonide as an adjuvant in the surgical treatment of retinal detachment with proliferative vitreoretinopathy
Rizwan A Cheema
Cardiff Eye Unit, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 38:365-70. 2007
..To report the efficacy of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide as an adjuvant in the surgical management of cases with advanced proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Year 2 efficacy results of 2 randomized controlled clinical trials of pegaptanib for neovascular age-related macular degeneration
Centre for Vision Sciences, The Queen s University of Belfast and The Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 113:1508.e1-25. 2006
..To evaluate the efficacy of a second year of pegaptanib sodium therapy in patients with neovascular age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Selective nerve root blocks for the treatment of sciatica: evaluation of injection site and effectiveness--a study with patients and cadavers
C W Pfirrmann
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Balgrist, Forchstrasse 340, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Radiology 221:704-11. 2001
..To relate different types of radiographic contrast material distributions to anatomic compartments by using cadaveric specimens and to relate the injection site to treatment-induced discomfort and therapeutic effect...
- ESCRS study of prophylaxis of postoperative endophthalmitis after cataract surgery: Preliminary report of principal results from a European multicenter study
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:407-10. 2006
..To report results in the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) multicenter study of the prophylaxis of endophthalmitis after cataract surgery...
- Autologous blood injections for refractory lateral epicondylitis
Scott G Edwards
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee, Memphis Campbell Clinic, USA
J Hand Surg Am 28:272-8. 2003
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate prospectively the results of refractory lateral epicondylitis treated with autologous blood injections.
- Measles virus spread and pathogenesis in genetically modified mice
Institut für Molekularbiologie Abt I, Universitat Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Virol 72:7420-7. 1998
..We conclude that in mice alpha/beta interferon controls MV infection and that a high-affinity receptor facilitates, but is not strictly required for, MV spread and pathogenesis...
- Risk factors for hepatitis C virus infection in male adults in Rawalpindi-Islamabad, Pakistan
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Community Health Sciences, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Trop Med Int Health 6:732-8. 2001
..To identify risk factors associated with HCV infection in Islamabad-Rawalpindi...
- Fear of injections in young adults: prevalence and associations
Infectious Diseases and Travel Clinic, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:341-4. 2003
Fear of injections may interfere with receipt of vaccines. The frequency, associations, and precipitators of fear-provoking factors of 400 travelers visiting a travel health clinic were evaluated...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) in the treatment of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusion
Melvin D Rabena
California Retina Consultants and Research Foundation, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA
Retina 27:419-25. 2007
..To report the authors' experience after intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin, Genentech) injection in patients with macular edema (ME) secondary to branch retinal vein occlusive disease (BRVO)...
- Twelve-month safety of intravitreal injections of bevacizumab (Avastin): results of the Pan-American Collaborative Retina Study Group (PACORES)
Instituto de Cirugia Ocular, San Jose, Costa Rica
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:81-7. 2008
..Bevacizumab, a humanized recombinant monoclonal IgG antibody that binds and inhibits all VEGF isoforms, has been proposed as an alternative treatment option...
- Catheter-based autologous bone marrow myocardial injection in no-option patients with advanced coronary artery disease: a feasibility study
Cardiovascular Research Institute, MedStar Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, 4B 1, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1721-4. 2003
..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of transendocardial delivery of autologous bone marrow (ABM) strategy in patients with severe symptomatic chronic myocardial ischemia not amenable to conventional revascularization...
- Pneumatic displacement and intravitreal bevacizumab: a new approach for management of submacular hemorrhage in choroidal neovascular membrane
Vitreo Retinal Services, Lucknow, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 57:155-7. 2009
..05 ml, along with 0.5 ml of SF6 was injected through the pars plana into the vitreous cavity. Postoperative best corrected visual acuity improved in all eyes with complete or partial displacement of SMH out of the foveal area...
- Intravitreal triamcinolone for uveitic cystoid macular edema: an optical coherence tomography study
R J Antcliff
GKT Department of Ophthalmology, Rayne Institute, St Thomas' Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, England, UK
Ophthalmology 108:765-72. 2001
..14-0.42). CONCLUSIONS: Complete anatomic and, to some extent, functional recovery can be induced by intravitreal TA despite long-term refractory inflammatory CME. Optical coherence tomography aids in the management of these cases...
- Fear of blood, injury, and injections, and its relationship to dental anxiety and probability of avoiding dental treatment among 18-year-olds in Norway
Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, Norway
Int J Paediatr Dent 18:163-9. 2008
..More knowledge about the relationship between blood-injury-injection phobia (BIIP) and dental anxiety (DA) may give new clinically relevant information in the assessment and management of children with DA...
- Targeted alpha-radionuclide therapy of functionally critically located gliomas with 213Bi-DOTA-[Thi8,Met(O2)11]-substance P: a pilot trial
Division of Neurosurgery, University Hospitals, Basel, Switzerland
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:1335-44. 2010
..Therefore, we evaluated locally injected (213)Bi-DOTA-substance P in patients with critically located gliomas as the primary therapeutic modality...
- Thermosensitive chitosan-Pluronic hydrogel as an injectable cell delivery carrier for cartilage regeneration
Kyung Min Park
Department of Molecular Science and Technology, Ajou University, Suwon, Republic of Korea
Acta Biomater 5:1956-65. 2009
..These results suggested that the CP hydrogel has potential as an injectable cell delivery carrier for cartilage regeneration and could serve as a new biomaterial for tissue engineering...
- Safety of repeat intravitreal injections of bevacizumab versus ranibizumab: our experience after 2,000 injections
Ioannis D Ladas
1st Department of Ophthalmology, Medical School of Athens University, Athens, Greece
Retina 29:313-8. 2009
To compare the safety of repeat intravitreal injections of bevacizumab versus ranibizumab performed on a large series of patients during the past 2 years period of time.
- Antipsychotic long-acting injections in clinical practice: medication management and patient choice
Faculty of Health, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 52:S51-6. 2009
..A patient-centred approach to care, focusing on recovery, demands a reconsideration of how choices are made about treatment, how this affects medication adherence, and the role of long-acting antipsychotics (LAIs) in this process...
- Evaluation of 19 cases of inadvertent globe perforation due to periocular injections
Salil S Gadkari
Gadkari Eye Centre, Pune, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:103-7. 2007
..Inadvertent globe perforation due to periocular injection is a serious iatrogenic complication...
- Bilateral simultaneous intravitreal injections in the office setting
Sophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 148:66-9.e1. 2009
To report the outcomes and complications of bilateral simultaneous intravitreal injections performed in the office.
- Efficacy and safety of multiple intravitreal triamcinolone injections for refractory diabetic macular oedema
Mark C Gillies
Save Sight and Eye Health Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, GPO Box 4337, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1323-6. 2007
The efficacy and safety of repeated injections of intravitreal triamcinolone (IVTA) for diabetic macular oedema is unclear, with results of previous reports conflicting.
- Reinforcing effects of central ethanol injections in newborn rat pups
Michael E Nizhnikov
Department of Psychology, Center for Developmental Psychobiology, Binghamton University SUNY, Binghamton, New York 13902, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 30:2089-96. 2006
..Given that early ethanol exposure can promote its future abuse, it is vital to discover the mechanisms behind reinforcing effects of ethanol at this stage of life...
- Unsafe injections in the developing world and transmission of bloodborne pathogens: a review
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 77:789-800. 1999
Unsafe injections are suspected to occur routinely in developing countries...
- Olanzapine long-acting injection: a review of its use in the treatment of schizophrenia
James E Frampton
Adis, a Wolters Kluwer Business, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 70:2289-313. 2010
..1% of injections in clinical trials...
- Macrophages inhibit neovascularization in a murine model of age-related macular degeneration
Rajendra S Apte
Department of Ophthalmology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
PLoS Med 3:e310. 2006
..The current theory is that macrophage infiltration promotes the development of neovascularization in CNV...
- Localization of the sentinel lymph node in tongue VX2 carcinoma via indirect CT lymphography combined with methylene blue dye injection
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, EENT Hospital, Fudan University, 83 Fenyang Road, Shanghai, PR China
Acta Otolaryngol 130:503-10. 2010
..Indirect computed tomography lymphography (CT-LG) combined with blue dye injection can locate the sentinel lymph node (SLN) in tongue carcinoma...
- Overprescribing in China, driven by financial incentives, results in very high use of antibiotics, injections, and corticosteroids
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1075-82. 2012
..These findings point to the need to integrate rational prescribing into China's ongoing health care reform...
- Circadian activity precedes daily methamphetamine injections in the rat
A E Kosobud
Department of Psychology, IN University, Bloomington 47405, USA
Neurosci Lett 250:99-102. 1998
Scheduled daily injections of methamphetamine (MA) produced locomotor activity that preceded and followed the usual time of injection in rats housed under conditions of constant, moderately dim light and temporally distributed feeding...
- Botulinum toxin A (Botox) intradetrusor injections in adults with neurogenic detrusor overactivity/neurogenic overactive bladder: a systematic literature review
Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Eur Urol 53:275-87. 2008
..systematic literature review discusses the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A (Botox) intradetrusor injections in adults with neurogenic detrusor overactivity (NDO) and urinary incontinence or overactive bladder symptoms of ..
- Injectable calcium sulfate/mineralized collagen-based bone repair materials with regulable self-setting properties
National Glycoengineering Research Center, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China
J Biomed Mater Res A 99:554-63. 2011
..It can offer a satisfactory biological environment for growing new bone in the implants and for stimulating bone formation...
- Reducing use of injections through interactional group discussions: a randomized controlled trial
Field Epidemiology Training Programme, National Institute of Epidemiology, Indian Council of Medical Research, Chennai, India
Indian Pediatr 47:409-14. 2010
To determine whether interactional group discussions could reduce prescriptions of injections by physicians.
- Early versus late injection medialization for unilateral vocal cord paralysis
Aaron D Friedman
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Center for Laryngeal Surgery and Voice Rehabilitation, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Laryngoscope 120:2042-6. 2010
..late (>6 months) injection medialization laryngoplasty impacts the need for subsequent open-neck reconstruction to restore vocal function in patients with unilateral vocal cord paralysis...
- Community-based provision of injectable contraceptives in Madagascar: 'task shifting' to expand access to injectable contraceptives
Theresa H Hoke
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Health Policy Plan 27:52-9. 2012
..Committed to reducing unmet contraceptive need among remote, rural populations, the Ministry of Health and Family Planning (MOHFP) of Madagascar sought evidence regarding the safety, effectiveness and acceptability of CBD of injectables...
- Intraocular injection of crystalline cortisone as adjunctive treatment of diabetic macular edema
J B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 132:425-7. 2001
..To report the clinical outcome of a diabetic patient with macular edema treated with an intravitreal injection of crystalline cortisone...
- Growth factor-based therapies provide additional benefit beyond physical therapy in resistant elbow tendinopathy: a prospective, single-blind, randomised trial of autologous blood injections versus platelet-rich plasma injections
BUPA Health and Wellbeing, London, UK
Br J Sports Med 45:966-71. 2011
..Two such products; platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and autologous blood, have a growing body of supporting evidence. No previous trial has directly compared the efficacy of these two methods...
- Population beliefs about the efficacy of injections in Pakistan's Sindh province
Naveed Z Janjua
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Public Health 120:824-33. 2006
..We conducted this study to identify factors associated with receiving at least one injection during the past 3 months in an urban and a rural area in the Sindh province of Pakistan...
- Efficacy of intravitreal bevacizumab for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 92:70-3. 2008
The aim of the study was to assess the short-term efficacy of intravitreal injections of bevacizumab for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy (PCV).
- Ocular side effects associated with peribulbar injections of triamcinolone acetonide for diabetic macular edema
Emily Y Chew
National Eye Institute National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Retina 31:284-9. 2011
To evaluate long-term effects of anterior and posterior peribulbar injections of triamcinolone acetonide on intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation and cataract development.
- [Application status and safety countermeasures of traditional Chinese medicine injections]
Xing jiang Xiong
Department of Cardiology, Guang anmen Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:307-11. 2010
The research and development of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) injections is an important innovation of modernization of TCM, which has great clinical value and irreplaceability in medical enterprise of China...
- Pain assessment by children and adolescents during intraosseous anaesthesia using a computerized system (QuickSleeper)
Jean Louis Sixou
Department of Paediatric Dentistry, UFR d Odontologie de l Université de Rennes 1 and CHU de Rennes, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
Int J Paediatr Dent 19:360-6. 2009
Intraosseous (IO) anaesthesia has been shown to be effective in children. However, the pain associated with anaesthetic injections, and its acceptance by children, have never been studied.
- Single injection peribulbar anesthesia with a short needle combined with digital compression
Department of Anaesthesia, King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital, P O Box 7191, Riyadh 11462, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Anesth Analg 107:1751-3. 2008
..We compare the efficacy of using a 15 mm to the standard 25 mm needle for performing peribulbar blockade...
- A 5-year assessment of safety and aesthetic results after facial soft-tissue augmentation with polyacrylamide hydrogel (Aquamid): a prospective multicenter study of 251 patients
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery Burn Center, University Hospital of the RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:1797-804. 2010
..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of the material, the manufacturer initiated in 2001 a prospective clinical trial with a follow-up of 5 years. This represents one of the longest running studies on currently used fillers...
- Peripheral nerve blocks and trigger point injections in headache management - a systematic review and suggestions for future research
Neurologic Group of Bucks Montgomery County, Doylestown, PA, USA
Headache 50:943-52. 2010
Interventional procedures such as peripheral nerve blocks (PNBs) and trigger point injections (TPIs) have long been used in the treatment of various headache disorders...
- Comparative vaccine-specific and other injectable-specific risks of injection-site sarcomas in cats
Department of Population Health and Reproduction, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 241:595-602. 2012
..To compare associations between vaccine types and other injectable drugs with development of injection-site sarcomas in cats...
- Intravitreal and orbital floor triamcinolone acetonide injections in noninfectious uveitis: a comparative study
Department of Ophthalmology, St Franziskus Hospital, University Duisburg Essen, DE 48145 Münster, Germany
Ophthalmic Res 42:81-6. 2009
..To compare the effect of orbital floor (OFTA) or intravitreal (IVTA) administration of triamcinolone acetonide on visual acuity and chronic cystoid macular edema (CME) in patients with uveitis...
- Repeated injections of botulinum toxin-A for idiopathic detrusor overactivity
Department of Urology, Guy s Hospital and King s College London School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Urology 75:552-8. 2010
To report the efficacy and safety of repeated injections of botulinum toxin-A (BTX-A) in treating idiopathic detrusor overactivity refractory to anticholinergics...
- Second-look endoscopy with thermal coagulation or injections for peptic ulcer bleeding: a meta-analysis
Kelvin K F Tsoi
Institute of Digestive Disease, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:8-13. 2010
..of peptic ulcer bleeding, the benefits of second-look endoscopic treatment with thermal coagulation or injections in controlling recurrent bleeding is unsure...
- Twelve-year survey of fatal reactions to allergen injections and skin testing: 1990-2001
David I Bernstein
Division of Immunology Allergy, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0563, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:1129-36. 2004
..Fatal reactions associated with skin testing and injection immunotherapy have not been surveyed in North America since 1989...
- Subconjunctival and intracorneal bevacizumab injection for corneal neovascularization in lipid keratopathy
Joo Youn Oh
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Cornea 28:1070-3. 2009
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of subconjunctival and corneal intrastromal bevacizumab injections on corneal neovascularization in patients with lipid keratopathy.
- Degradation, cytotoxicity, and biocompatibility of NIPAAm-based thermosensitive, injectable, and bioresorbable polymer hydrogels
The School of Biological and Health Systems Engineering, Center for Interventional Biomaterials, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona 85287 9709, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 98:159-66. 2011
..2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A:, 2011...
- Computer-controlled delivery versus syringe delivery of local anesthetic injections for therapeutic scaling and root planing
Peter M Loomer
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry, 94143, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 135:358-65. 2004
..The anterior middle superior alveolar, or AMSA, injection was compared with other maxillary injections.
- Ongoing positive effect of platelet-rich plasma versus corticosteroid injection in lateral epicondylitis: a double-blind randomized controlled trial with 2-year follow-up
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, St Elisabeth Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Am J Sports Med 39:1200-8. 2011
..Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) has been shown to be a general stimulation for repair and 1-year results showed promising success percentages...
- HIV incidence and recent injections among adults in rural southwestern Uganda
Jimmy A Whitworth
Medical Research Council Programme on AIDS, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, Uganda
AIDS 21:1056-8. 2007
..HIV cases were matched for age, sex and time period with 36 controls to examine associations with recent injections. A significant association between HIV incidence and a history of injections was detected that was not reduced ..
- Comparison of initial cell retention and clearance kinetics after subendocardial or subepicardial injections of endothelial progenitor cells in a canine myocardial infarction model
Andrea J Mitchell
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
J Nucl Med 51:413-7. 2010
..Direct routes appear preferable. However, most prior studies have used epicardial injections, which are not practical for routine clinical use...
- Safety and efficacy of intravitreal anti-VEGF injections for age-related macular degeneration
V Swetha E Jeganathan
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 20:223-5. 2009
To report the safety and efficacy of intravitreal injections for age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Intra-myocardial biomaterial injection therapy in the treatment of heart failure: Materials, outcomes and challenges
Devin M Nelson
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Acta Biomater 7:1-15. 2011