Genomes and Genes
drug administration schedule
Summary: Time schedule for administration of a drug in order to achieve optimum effectiveness and convenience.
Publications326 found, 100 shown here
- The incretin system: glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors in type 2 diabetesDaniel J Drucker
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lancet 368:1696-705. 2006..However, long-term clinical studies are needed to determine the benefits of targeting the incretin axis for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- CD4+ count-guided interruption of antiretroviral treatmentW M El-Sadr
Division of Infectious Diseases, Harlem Hospital Center and Columbia University, New York, NY 10037, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2283-96. 2006..Despite declines in morbidity and mortality with the use of combination antiretroviral therapy, its effectiveness is limited by adverse events, problems with adherence, and resistance of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200Bruce J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1539-44. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the effect of bevacizumab (at 10 mg/kg) on survival duration for oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Once-daily bronchodilators for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: indacaterol versus tiotropiumJames F Donohue
University of North Carolina, 4125 Bioinformatics Building, 130 Mason Farm Road, CB 7020, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:155-62. 2010..Indacaterol is the first once-daily, long-acting inhaled beta(2)-agonist bronchodilator studied in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Insulin degludec, an ultra-longacting basal insulin, versus insulin glargine in basal-bolus treatment with mealtime insulin aspart in type 1 diabetes (BEGIN Basal-Bolus Type 1): a phase 3, randomised, open-label, treat-to-target non-inferiority trialSimon Heller
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK eld ac uk
Lancet 379:1489-97. 2012..We therefore compared the efficacy and safety of insulin degludec and insulin glargine, both administered once daily with mealtime insulin aspart, in basal-bolus therapy for type 1 diabetes...
- Insulin degludec, an ultra-longacting basal insulin, versus insulin glargine in basal-bolus treatment with mealtime insulin aspart in type 2 diabetes (BEGIN Basal-Bolus Type 2): a phase 3, randomised, open-label, treat-to-target non-inferiority trialAlan J Garber
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet 379:1498-507. 2012..Insulin degludec is a new, ultra-longacting basal insulin. We aimed to assess efficacy and safety of insulin degludec compared with insulin glargine in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the once-daily GLP-1 receptor agonist lixisenatide in Asian patients with type 2 diabetes insufficiently controlled on basal insulin with or without a sulfonylurea (GetGoal-L-Asia)Y Seino
Kansai Electric Power Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:910-7. 2012..To assess the efficacy and safety of once-daily lixisenatide versus placebo in Asian patients with type 2 diabetes insufficiently controlled on basal insulin ± sulfonylurea...
- Efficacy of a new once-daily long-acting inhaled beta2-agonist indacaterol versus twice-daily formoterol in COPDRonald Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Thorax 65:473-9. 2010..In previous studies, indacaterol provided 24 h bronchodilation on once-daily dosing with a fast onset of action. This study compared the efficacy and safety of indacaterol with the twice-daily LABA formoterol and placebo over 1 year...
- Once-daily indacaterol versus twice-daily salmeterol for COPD: a placebo-controlled comparisonO Kornmann
Pulmonary Division, Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Eur Respir J 37:273-9. 2011..Indacaterol should prove a useful additional treatment for patients with COPD...
- Phase III study of docetaxel and cisplatin plus fluorouracil compared with cisplatin and fluorouracil as first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a report of the V325 Study GroupEric Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 24:4991-7. 2006....
- Once weekly exenatide compared with insulin glargine titrated to target in patients with type 2 diabetes (DURATION-3): an open-label randomised trialMichaela Diamant
Diabetes Centre, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 375:2234-43. 2010..We aimed to test the hypothesis that improvement in haemoglobin A(1c) (HbA(1c)) achieved with once weekly exenatide was superior to that achieved with insulin glargine titrated to glucose targets...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin compared with interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C: a randomised trialM P Manns
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Lancet 358:958-65. 2001..In this randomised trial, peginterferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin was compared with interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin...
- Efficacy and safety of exenatide once weekly versus sitagliptin or pioglitazone as an adjunct to metformin for treatment of type 2 diabetes (DURATION-2): a randomised trialRichard M Bergenstal
International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet, Minneapolis, MN 55416, USA
Lancet 376:431-9. 2010....
- Effect of early versus deferred antiretroviral therapy for HIV on survivalMari M Kitahata
University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Box 359931, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
N Engl J Med 360:1815-26. 2009..The optimal time for the initiation of antiretroviral therapy for asymptomatic patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection is uncertain...
- Adherence to medicationLars Osterberg
General Medicine Division, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
N Engl J Med 353:487-97. 2005
- Use of twice-daily exenatide in Basal insulin-treated patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized, controlled trialJohn B Buse
University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:103-12. 2011..Insulin replacement in diabetes often requires prandial intervention to reach hemoglobin A₁(c) (HbA₁(c)) targets...
- Intermittent preventive treatment of malaria during pregnancy: a qualitative study of knowledge, attitudes and practices of district health managers, antenatal care staff and pregnant women in Korogwe District, North-Eastern TanzaniaGodfrey Mubyazi
National Institute for Medical Research, Ubwari Research Station, P O Box 81, Muheza, Tanzania
Malar J 4:31. 2005..This study assesses the knowledge, attitudes and practices of these groups in relation to malaria control with emphasis on IPTp services...
- Peginterferon-alpha2a and ribavirin combination therapy in chronic hepatitis C: a randomized study of treatment duration and ribavirin doseStephanos J Hadziyannis
Department of Medicine and Hepatology, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Ann Intern Med 140:346-55. 2004..Treatment with pegylated interferon (peginterferon) and ribavirin for 48 weeks is more effective than conventional interferon and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 infusion improves left ventricular ejection fraction and functional status in patients with chronic heart failureGeorge G Sokos
Department of Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212, USA
J Card Fail 12:694-9. 2006..Insulin resistance is present in the setting of congestive heart failure. Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is a naturally occurring incretin with both insulinotropic and insulinomimetic properties...
- Safety and efficacy of simplified antibiotic regimens for outpatient treatment of serious infection in neonates and young infants 0-59 days of age in Bangladesh: design of a randomized controlled trialAbdullah H Baqui
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:S12-8. 2013..Because access to care is limited in settings with high mortality, exclusive reliance on the current recommendation of 7-10 days of parenteral antibiotic treatment is a barrier to provision of adequate treatment of newborn infections...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- Adherence to inhaled therapy, mortality and hospital admission in COPDJ Vestbo
Respiratory Medicine Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Thorax 64:939-43. 2009..Little is known about adherence to inhaled medication in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the impact on mortality and morbidity...
- Formoterol mono- and combination therapy with tiotropium in patients with COPD: a 6-month studyClaus Vogelmeier
Klinik für Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Standort Marburg Baldingerstrasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Respir Med 102:1511-20. 2008..Combined bronchodilator therapy may be a valuable treatment option for patients with COPD...
- The setpoint study (ACTG A5217): effect of immediate versus deferred antiretroviral therapy on virologic set point in recently HIV-1-infected individualsChristine M Hogan
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
J Infect Dis 205:87-96. 2012..The benefits of antiretroviral therapy during early human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection remain unproved...
- Liraglutide once a day versus exenatide twice a day for type 2 diabetes: a 26-week randomised, parallel-group, multinational, open-label trial (LEAD-6)John B Buse
Division of Endocrinology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Lancet 374:39-47. 2009..We compared the efficacy and safety of liraglutide, a human GLP-1 analogue, with exenatide, an exendin-based GLP-1 receptor agonist...
- Effects of initiation and titration of a single pre-prandial dose of insulin glulisine while continuing titrated insulin glargine in type 2 diabetes: a 6-month 'proof-of-concept' studyD R Owens
Diabetes Research Unit, Cardiff University, University Hospital Llandough, Penarth, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 13:1020-7. 2011..The efficacy of initiating and titrating a single bolus dose of insulin glulisine to baseline insulin glargine plus oral hypoglycaemic agents (OHAs) was investigated...
- The anti-angiogenic basis of metronomic chemotherapyRobert S Kerbel
Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, S 217, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Nat Rev Cancer 4:423-36. 2004
- When to start antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settingsRochelle P Walensky
Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard University Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, and Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:157-66. 2009..The results of international clinical trials that are assessing when to initiate antiretroviral therapy (ART) will not be available for several years...
- Gemcitabine in combination with oxaliplatin compared with gemcitabine alone in locally advanced or metastatic pancreatic cancer: results of a GERCOR and GISCAD phase III trialC Louvet
Service d Oncologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 23:3509-16. 2005..Given the promising phase II results obtained with the Gem-oxaliplatin (GemOx) combination, we conducted a phase III study comparing GemOx with Gem alone in advanced pancreatic cancer...
- Repopulation of cancer cells during therapy: an important cause of treatment failureJohn J Kim
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital and University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
Nat Rev Cancer 5:516-25. 2005..Strategies developed to overcome repopulation have improved clinical outcomes, and now new strategies to inhibit repopulation are emerging in parallel with advances in the understanding of underlying biological mechanisms...
- Comparison of tiotropium once daily, formoterol twice daily and both combined once daily in patients with COPDJ A Van Noord
Dept of Respiratory Diseases, Atrium Medisch Centrum, Henri Dunantstraat 5, 6419 PC Heerlen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 26:214-22. 2005..i.d. A combination of both drugs q.d. was most effective and provided an additive effect throughout the 24-h dosing interval...
- Retention in care of HIV-infected children from HIV test to start of antiretroviral therapy: systematic reviewCatrina Mugglin
Division of International and Environmental Health, Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland
PLoS ONE 8:e56446. 2013..The magnitude and reasons for loss to follow-up and death between HIV diagnosis and start of ART in children are not well defined...
- Risk of cardiovascular disease events in patients with type 2 diabetes prescribed the glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist exenatide twice daily or other glucose-lowering therapies: a retrospective analysis of the LifeLink databaseJennie H Best
Amylin Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, California, USA
Diabetes Care 34:90-5. 2011..To test the hypothesis that exenatide twice daily reduces the relative incidence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) events among patients with type 2 diabetes compared with other glucose-lowering agent(s)...
- Insulin degludec in type 1 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial of a new-generation ultra-long-acting insulin compared with insulin glargineKare I Birkeland
Oslo University Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Oslo, Norway
Diabetes Care 34:661-5. 2011..We assessed the efficacy and safety of IDeg formulations administered once daily in combination with mealtime insulin aspart in people with type 1 diabetes...
- Indacaterol once-daily provides superior efficacy to salmeterol twice-daily in COPD: a 12-week studyStephanie Korn
Pulmonary Department, Mainz University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Respir Med 105:719-26. 2011..Indacaterol is a novel, inhaled once-daily ultra-long-acting β(2)-agonist for the treatment of COPD...
- Gemcitabine alone versus gemcitabine plus radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced pancreatic cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group trialPatrick J Loehrer
Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, 980 West Walnut St, Suite C528, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4105-12. 2011..The purpose of this trial was to evaluate the role of radiation therapy with concurrent gemcitabine (GEM) compared with GEM alone in patients with localized unresectable pancreatic cancer...
- Overall survival and updated results for sunitinib compared with interferon alfa in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaRobert J Motzer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3584-90. 2009..Final survival analyses and updated results are reported...
- Randomised comparison of fluorouracil, epidoxorubicin and methotrexate (FEMTX) plus supportive care with supportive care alone in patients with non-resectable gastric cancerS Pyrhonen
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Br J Cancer 71:587-91. 1995..It can be used as a reference treatment in testing new investigational combinations...
- A comparison of the efficacy of medications for adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder using meta-analysis of effect sizesStephen V Faraone
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams St, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:754-63. 2010....
- Phase III trial in metastatic gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma with fluorouracil, leucovorin plus either oxaliplatin or cisplatin: a study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische OnkologieSalah Eddin Al-Batran
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Krankenhaus Nordwest, Frankfurt, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:1435-42. 2008..This study was designed to compare fluorouracil, leucovorin, and oxaliplatin with fluorouracil, leucovorin, and cisplatin in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- European guidelines on managing adverse effects of medication for ADHDJ Graham
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Centre for Child Health, Dundee, UK
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 20:17-37. 2011..Some of the effects examined appeared to be minimal in impact or difficult to distinguish from risk to untreated populations. However, several areas require further study to allow a more precise understanding of these risks...
- Clinical evaluation of continuous daily dosing of sunitinib malate in patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumour after imatinib failureS George
Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Cancer 45:1959-68. 2009....
- Adherence to a six-dose regimen of artemether-lumefantrine for treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in UgandaCarole Fogg
Epicentre, Paris, France
Am J Trop Med Hyg 71:525-30. 2004..The high adherence to artemether-lumefantrine found in our study suggest that this drug is likely to be very effective in Mbarara provided that patients receive clear dosage explanations...
- Phase II study of the mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitor ridaforolimus in patients with advanced bone and soft tissue sarcomasSant P Chawla
International Institute of Clinical Studies, Sarcoma Oncology Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:78-84. 2012..This multicenter, open-label, single-arm, phase II trial was conducted to assess the antitumor activity of ridaforolimus in patients with distinct subtypes of advanced sarcomas...
- Safety of indacaterol in the treatment of patients with COPDJames F Donohue
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:477-92. 2011..Pooled data were analyzed to evaluate the safety and tolerability of indacaterol, a once-daily inhaled long-acting β(2)-agonist for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Exenatide once weekly versus twice daily for the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a randomised, open-label, non-inferiority studyDaniel J Drucker
Department of Medicine, Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lancet 372:1240-50. 2008..We compared the efficacy of a once-weekly formulation of exenatide to that of a twice daily dose...
- Metronomic cyclophosphamide and capecitabine combined with bevacizumab in advanced breast cancerSilvia Dellapasqua
Medical Senology Research Unit and Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:4899-905. 2008..Metronomic chemotherapy has shown efficacy in patients with metastatic breast cancer. When used in association with targeted antiangiogenic drugs, it was more active than metronomic therapy alone in preclinical and clinical studies...
- Early antiretroviral therapy and mortality among HIV-infected infantsAvy Violari
Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
N Engl J Med 359:2233-44. 2008..We investigated antiretroviral-treatment strategies in the Children with HIV Early Antiretroviral Therapy (CHER) trial...
- 6-month versus 36-month isoniazid preventive treatment for tuberculosis in adults with HIV infection in Botswana: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialTaraz Samandari
Botswana USA Partnership BOTUSA, Gaborone and Francistown, Botswana
Lancet 377:1588-98. 2011..We aimed to assess effectiveness of extended isoniazid therapy...
- Adherence to prescribed antihypertensive drug treatments: longitudinal study of electronically compiled dosing historiesBernard Vrijens
Pharmionic Research Center, Rue des Cyclistes Frontière 24, 4600 Visé, Belgium
BMJ 336:1114-7. 2008..To describe characteristics of dosing history in patients prescribed a once a day antihypertensive medication...
- Possible molecular mechanisms involved in the toxicity of angiogenesis inhibitionHenk M W Verheul
University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Rev Cancer 7:475-85. 2007..In addition, understanding the molecular mechanisms involved in the toxicity of angiogenesis inhibition should allow more specific and more potent inhibitors to be developed...
- Use of antenatal care services and intermittent preventive treatment for malaria among pregnant women in Blantyre District, MalawiTimothy H Holtz
Malaria Epidemiology Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trop Med Int Health 9:77-82. 2004..2, 95% CI 1.02-1.5, P=0.03). A substantial effort to improve the delivery and use of SP/IPT in Malawi will be necessary, but the Roll Back Malaria 2005 goal appears achievable...
- Once-daily NVA237 improves exercise tolerance from the first dose in patients with COPD: the GLOW3 trialKai M Beeh
insaf Respiratory Research Institute, Wiesbaden, Germany
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:503-13. 2012..We assessed the effects of glycopyrronium bromide (NVA237), a once-daily, long-acting muscarinic antagonist, on exercise tolerance in patients with moderate to severe COPD...
- HIV-infected adults with a CD4 cell count greater than 500 cells/mm3 on long-term combination antiretroviral therapy reach same mortality rates as the general populationCharlotte Lewden
INSERM, U593, Bordeaux, France
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:72-7. 2007..To compare mortality rates in combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)-treated HIV-infected adults with mortality in the general population according to the level of CD4 cell count reached and the duration of exposure to cART...
- Effect of medication dosing frequency on adherence in chronic diseasesSameer D Saini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:e22-33. 2009..To systematically review available data on the effect of daily medication dosing frequency on medication adherence in chronic disease states, as assessed by precise medication event monitoring systems (MEMS)...
- FOLFIRI followed by FOLFOX6 or the reverse sequence in advanced colorectal cancer: a randomized GERCOR studyChristophe Tournigand
Hopital Saint Antoine, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris, Cedex 12, France
J Clin Oncol 22:229-37. 2004..This phase III study investigated two sequences: folinic acid, FU, and irinotecan (FOLFIRI) followed by folinic acid, FU, and oxaliplatin (FOLFOX6; arm A), and FOLFOX6 followed by FOLFIRI (arm B)...
- Phase II study of weekly docetaxel and trastuzumab for patients with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerFrancisco J Esteva
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1800-8. 2002..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of weekly docetaxel plus trastuzumab in women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. Efficacy was correlated with serum HER-2 extracellular domain (ECD) levels...
- Phase III study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin alone in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas J Vogelzang
University of Chicago, Cancer Research Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2636-44. 2003..We conducted a phase III trial to determine whether treatment with pemetrexed and cisplatin results in survival time superior to that achieved with cisplatin alone...
- Long-term subcutaneous interferon beta-1a therapy in patients with relapsing-remitting MSL Kappos
University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Neurology 67:944-53. 2006..c.) interferon (IFN) beta-1a in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS)...
- Trabectedin plus pegylated liposomal Doxorubicin in recurrent ovarian cancerBradley J Monk
University of California at Irvine UCI and UCI Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868 3298, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3107-14. 2010....
- Timing of initiation of antiretroviral drugs during tuberculosis therapySalim S Abdool Karim
Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
N Engl J Med 362:697-706. 2010..The optimal timing for the initiation of antiretroviral therapy in relation to tuberculosis therapy remains controversial...
- Two 8-month regimens of chemotherapy for treatment of newly diagnosed pulmonary tuberculosis: international multicentre randomised trialA Jindani
International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, 68 boulevard Saint Michel, 75006 Paris, France
Lancet 364:1244-51. 2004..A WHO-recommended 8-month regimen based on ethambutol and isoniazid was evaluated in a randomised clinical trial against a 6-month standard regimen...
- Temozolomide versus procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine in recurrent high-grade gliomaMichael Brada
The Institute of Cancer Research and The Royal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 28:4601-8. 2010..No prospective comparison with nitrosourea-based chemotherapy exists. We report, to our knowledge, the first randomized trial of procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine (PCV) versus TMZ in chemotherapy-naive patients with recurrent HGG...
- Progression-free survival in gastrointestinal stromal tumours with high-dose imatinib: randomised trialJaap Verweij
Department of Medical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 364:1127-34. 2004..Imatinib is approved worldwide for use in gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GIST). We aimed to assess dose dependency of response and progression-free survival with imatinib for metastatic GIST...
- Multiple circulating proangiogenic factors induced by sunitinib malate are tumor-independent and correlate with antitumor efficacyJohn M L Ebos
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Molecular and Cellular Biology Research, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17069-74. 2007..They may also be relevant to drug-associated toxicities, drug resistance, and observed rapid tumor (re)growth seen after cessation of therapy...
- Phase II trial of celecoxib in prostate-specific antigen recurrent prostate cancer after definitive radiation therapy or radical prostatectomyRaj S Pruthi
Division of Urologic Surgery, Department of Biostatistics, and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:2172-7. 2006..However, human trials are absent. This study evaluated the efficacy of the COX-2 inhibitor celecoxib in prostate-specific antigen (PSA) recurrent prostate cancer after radiation therapy (X-ray therapy or XRT) or radical prostatectomy...
- Three-year efficacy of complex insulin regimens in type 2 diabetesRury R Holman
Diabetes Trials Unit, Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 361:1736-47. 2009..Evidence supporting the addition of specific insulin regimens to oral therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus is limited...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of intermittent preventive treatment of malaria in children (IPTc)Anne L Wilson
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e16976. 2011....
- Insulin degludec, an ultra-long-acting basal insulin, once a day or three times a week versus insulin glargine once a day in patients with type 2 diabetes: a 16-week, randomised, open-label, phase 2 trialBernard Zinman
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Lancet 377:924-31. 2011....
- Once-yearly zoledronic acid for treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosisDennis M Black
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
N Engl J Med 356:1809-22. 2007..We assessed the effects of annual infusions of zoledronic acid on fracture risk during a 3-year period...
- Overall survival benefit for weekly vs. three-weekly taxanes regimens in advanced breast cancer: A meta-analysisDavide Mauri
Department of Medical Oncology, General Hospital of Lamia, Greece
Cancer Treat Rev 36:69-74. 2010..We therefore performed a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials that compared weekly and every three weeks taxanes regimens in advanced breast cancer...
- Clinical response to adalimumab: relationship to anti-adalimumab antibodies and serum adalimumab concentrations in rheumatoid arthritisGeertje M Bartelds
Jan van Breemen Institute, 1056 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:921-6. 2007..A substantial proportion of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) do not respond, or lose initial response, to adalimumab treatment. One explanation for non-response is that patients develop anti-adalimumab antibodies...
- Timing of intermittent preventive treatment for malaria during pregnancy and the implications of current policy on early uptake in north-east TanzaniaKatherine Anders
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, WC1E 7HT, UK
Malar J 7:79. 2008..This study investigated the timing of delivery of IPTp to pregnant women attending antenatal clinics (ANC), and the potential determinants of timely uptake...
- Effect of dosing frequency on bisphosphonate medication adherence in a large longitudinal cohort of womenRobert R Recker
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Neb, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 80:856-61. 2005..To compare medication adherence with daily vs weekly bisphosphonate dosing for the treatment or prevention of osteoporosis in a broad US retail pharmacy database population...
- Population pharmacokinetics of piperaquine after two different treatment regimens with dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine in patients with Plasmodium falciparum malaria in ThailandJ Tarning
Department of Pharmacology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1052-61. 2008..Our data lend further support to a simplified once-daily treatment regimen to improve treatment adherence and efficacy and indicate that weight-adjusted piperaquine doses in children may need to be higher than in adults...
- Fluticasone furoate/vilanterol (100/25; 200/25 μg) improves lung function in COPD: a randomised trialFernando J Martinez
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Respir Med 107:550-9. 2013..However, the dose of inhaled corticosteroid to use in a once-daily combination is unknown. We compared two strengths of fluticasone furoate (FF) plus vilanterol (VI), the same strengths of the individual components, and placebo...
- Cognitive function and neurodevelopmental outcomes in HIV-infected Children older than 1 year of age randomized to early versus deferred antiretroviral therapy: the PREDICT neurodevelopmental studyThanyawee Puthanakit
HIV NAT, The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Infect Dis J 32:501-8. 2013..We now report neurodevelopmental outcomes...
- Comparative efficacy of indacaterol in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseMarcos Ribeiro
Asthma and Airway Centre, University Health Network, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:145-52. 2012..It is likely that once-daily dosing of a bronchodilator would be a significant convenience and probably a compliance-enhancing advantage, leading to improved overall clinical outcomes in patients with COPD...
- Phase IB study of the FLT3 kinase inhibitor midostaurin with chemotherapy in younger newly diagnosed adult patients with acute myeloid leukemiaR M Stone
Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Leukemia 26:2061-8. 2012..A phase III prospective trial is ongoing (CALGB 10603, NCT00651261)...
- Gefitinib in combination with paclitaxel and carboplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trial--INTACT 2Roy S Herbst
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 432, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:785-94. 2004..This phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial evaluated gefitinib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of RAD001 (everolimus) administered daily to Japanese patients with advanced solid tumorsIsamu Okamoto
Department of Medical Oncology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 40:17-23. 2010..To determine the pharmacokinetics and safety of RAD001 (everolimus) in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Trabectedin for women with ovarian carcinoma after treatment with platinum and taxanes failsCristiana Sessa
Southern Europe New Drugs Organization Foundation, Via Visconti di Modrone 12, 20100 Milano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:1867-74. 2005..To assess the efficacy and toxicity of the marine-derived alkaloid trabectedin (ET-743) in patients with advanced ovarian cancer refractory to or experiencing disease relapse after platinum- and taxane-based chemotherapy...
- Safety and tolerability of NVA237, a once-daily long-acting muscarinic antagonist, in COPD patientsC Vogelmeier
Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 23:438-44. 2010..Overall, the present study provides further evidence of the safety, tolerability and bronchodilator efficacy of once-daily treatment with NVA237 100 and 200 microg in patients with moderate-to-severe COPD...
- Rituximab chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody therapy for relapsed indolent lymphoma: half of patients respond to a four-dose treatment programP McLaughlin
Department of Hematology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:2825-33. 1998..It is appealing for targeted therapy, because it does not shed or modulate. A chimeric monoclonal antibody more effectively mediates host effector functions and is itself less immunogenic than are murine antibodies...
- Efficacy of aclidinium bromide 400 μg twice daily compared with placebo and tiotropium in patients with moderate to severe COPDRainard Fuhr
Early Phase Clinical Unit Berlin, PAREXEL International GmbH, Berlin, Germany
Chest 141:745-52. 2012..The efficacy and safety of aclidinium bromide bid, a novel, long-acting, muscarinic antagonist, was assessed in patients with moderate to severe COPD...
- Dosing frequency and medication adherence in chronic diseaseCraig I Coleman
University of Connecticut, School of Pharmacy, 80 Seymour St, Hartford, CT 06102 5037, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 18:527-39. 2012....
- Phase III trial comparing intensive induction chemoradiotherapy (60 Gy, infusional 5-FU and intermittent cisplatin) followed by maintenance gemcitabine with gemcitabine alone for locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer. Definitive results of the 2B Chauffert
Department of Oncology, Anticancer Center G F Leclerc, Dijon, France
Ann Oncol 19:1592-9. 2008..The role of chemoradiation with systemic chemotherapy compared with chemotherapy alone in locally advanced pancreatic cancer (LAPC) is uncertain...
- Inhibition of joint damage and improved clinical outcomes with rituximab plus methotrexate in early active rheumatoid arthritis: the IMAGE trialP P Tak
Division of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:39-46. 2011..The objective of the IMAGE study was to determine the efficacy of rituximab in the prevention of joint damage and its safety in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in patients initiating treatment with MTX...
- Randomized comparison of 12 or 24 weeks of peginterferon alpha-2a and ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 2/3 infectionMartin Lagging
Department of Infectious Diseases, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Hepatology 47:1837-45. 2008..If neither of these two criteria were met for patients > or = 40 years old, 24 weeks of therapy was superior (P < 0.0001)...
- A randomised trial to compare the safety, tolerability and efficacy of three drug combinations for intermittent preventive treatment in childrenKalifa Bojang
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Banjul, The Gambia
PLoS ONE 5:e11225. 2010..Thus, we have investigated whether SP plus AQ, SP plus piperaquine (PQ) and dihydroartemisinin (DHA) plus PQ might be equally safe and effective when used for IPT in children in an area of seasonal transmission...
- Efficacy and safety of various repeat treatment dosing regimens of rituximab in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: results of a Phase III randomized study (MIRROR)Andrea Rubbert-Roth
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:1683-93. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of three dosing and repeat treatment regimens of rituximab (RTX) plus MTX in patients with active RA...
- Is antibiotic cycling the answer to preventing the emergence of bacterial resistance in the intensive care unit?Marin H Kollef
Department of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:S82-8. 2006..e., antibiotic heterogeneity) can be part of a broader effort aimed at curtailing antibiotic resistance within ICUs. Such efforts should be routine, given the limited availability of new antibiotic drug classes for the foreseeable future...
- Weekly paclitaxel improves pathologic complete remission in operable breast cancer when compared with paclitaxel once every 3 weeksMarjorie C Green
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Box 424, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:5983-92. 2005....
- Analysis of individual patient data from clinical trials: epidural morphine for postoperative painR J Ni Mhuircheartaigh
Pain Research and Nuffield Department of Anaesthetics, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Level 6 West Wing, Oxford, UK
Br J Anaesth 103:874-81. 2009..Individual patient information from clinical trials is infrequently available, but can provide insights for clinical trials and practice...
- Combined salmeterol and fluticasone in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomised controlled trialPeter Calverley
Department of Medicine, Clinical Sciences Centre, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 361:449-56. 2003..We postulated that a combination of these treatments would be better than each component used alone...
- Selective CD4+ lymphopenia in melanoma patients treated with temozolomide: a toxicity with therapeutic implicationsY B Su
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:610-6. 2004..Using an extended dosing schedule, we noted a high incidence of lymphopenia and occasional opportunistic infections (OIs). Here we report our retrospective experience in the first 97 patients...
- DURATION-2: efficacy and safety of switching from maximum daily sitagliptin or pioglitazone to once-weekly exenatideC Wysham
Rockwood Clinic, 400 East Fifth Avenue, Spokane, WA 99202, USA
Diabet Med 28:705-14. 2011..This subsequent, 26-week, open-label, uncontrolled assessment period evaluated the safety and efficacy of (i) continued exenatide once-weekly treatment and (ii) switching from sitagliptin or pioglitazone to exenatide once-weekly...
- Refractory asthma in the UK: cross-sectional findings from a UK multicentre registryLiam G Heaney
Centre for Infection and Immunity, Queen s University of Belfast, Level 8, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, UK
Thorax 65:787-94. 2010....
- Carboplatin and weekly paclitaxel doublet chemotherapy compared with monotherapy in elderly patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: IFCT-0501 randomised, phase 3 trialElisabeth Quoix
Service de Pneumologie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Strasbourg, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
Lancet 378:1079-88. 2011..We compared a carboplatin and paclitaxel doublet chemotherapy regimen with monotherapy in elderly patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Differing administration time-dependent effects of aspirin on blood pressure in dipper and non-dipper hypertensivesRamon C Hermida
Bioengineering Laboratory, University of Vigo, Campus Universitario, Spain
Hypertension 46:1060-8. 2005..The timed administration of low-dose aspirin could thus provide a valuable approach, beyond prevention of cardiovascular disease, in the blood pressure control of patients with mild hypertension...
- Phase I/II trial of metronomic chemotherapy with daily dalteparin and cyclophosphamide, twice-weekly methotrexate, and daily prednisone as therapy for metastatic breast cancer using vascular endothelial growth factor and soluble vascular endothelial growtNan Soon Wong
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Ontario Clinical Oncology Group, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto M4N3M5, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 28:723-30. 2010..There was no correlation between response and VEGF, sVEGFR-1, or sVEGFR-2 levels. CONCLUSION Metronomic dalCMP is safe, well tolerated, and clinically active in MBC...
Research Grants101 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Neurohormonal Blockade and Outcomes in Diastolic Heart FailureAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will examine the effect of neurohormonal blockade in propensity matched OPTIMIZE-HF participants with diastolic heart failure. ..
- OU Human Research Protection Program, Year 2Gary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2003..The University of Oklahoma is committed to maintaining these initiatives after the term of this award. ..
- Heart Failure and Beta-Blocker Use in Older AdultsAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- OU Developmental Center for Injury Prevention ResearchGary Raskob; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and renin-angiotensin system inhibitionAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- FONDAPARINUM IN CHILDREN WITH THROMBOSISGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacokinetic analyses as well as safety and efficacy determinations will be made which will provide valuable information on this new anticoagulant for pediatric patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNE MECHANISMS OF MIDDLE EAR DISEASEDavid Skoner; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary hypothesis is that cytokine genotype is predictive of illness expression and of OM incidence during a documented RSV infection in young children. ..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will have broad implications for the immunoregulation of cancer and how expression and modulation of COX-2 expression influences the immune response to cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Incidence, risk factors, and consequences of neonatal hypothermia in NepalLUKE MULLANY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Examination of alternate cutoffs for defining hypothermia severity may improve design of low-cost technologies for identification and subsequent management of hypothermic infants in the community. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Recombinant T-cell Receptor Ligands for Treatment of UveitisGrazyna Adamus; Fiscal Year: 2006..To determine an effective treatment regimen for clinical rat AAU using RTLs. 2. To determine the abilities of RTLs to inhibit recurrent anterior and posterior uveitis in Lewis rats. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL DEATH INDUCED BY ANTICANCER AGENTSAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this research program will be to define which pathway and effector a specific leukemia uses, and then prescribe effective drug combinations that will be individualized for that patient. ..
- Safety of repetitive TMS in chronic subcortical strokeSteven Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of these studies is to develop a safe and efficacious method for facilitating motor cortex function in order to improve motor status of patients with stroke-related weakness. ..
- Insulin Resistance and Hepatic Steatosis in Hepatitis CCharles F Burant; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Safety of Autologous Marrow Stromal Cells After StrokeSteven Cramer; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study is a Phase I safety trial, and thus represents the first step in evaluating autologous MSC transfusion in this regard. ..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- Purinergic control of medullary pain modulationNathan Selden; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Parasympathetic Effect in Exercise and RecoveryJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Microangiopathic Brain InjuryStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Incarceration and HIV-Infected InmatesDavid A Wohl; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2. Determine the inmate, nurse-counselor and facility characteristics associated with agreeing to HIV VCT. Aim 3. Explore the risks associated with receiving an HIV diagnosis in prison. ..
- Evaluation of Stimulant DrugsSharon Wigal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Within-subject PK variability in time-course of serum concentration for each medication will be analyzed, and the time-response characteristics also will be estimated based on PD measures for methylphenidate. ..
- Wayne State University Clinical Translational ScienceMichael Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Obesity, Oral Contraception and Ovarian SuppressionCarolyn Westhoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will have very good power to detect clinically important differences. Results could directly and immediately affect contraceptive practice. ..
- Dose-finding, pharmacokinetic, safety and efficacy of bivalirudin in childrenGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2009..More modern therapies are available but have not been systematically tested in children. This study will determine whether one such medication, bivalirudin is a safer and more effective alterative. ..
- Adolescent Exposure to Psychostimulants: Role of nNOSYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of these studies would provide new information on mechanisms that underlie the development of hypersensitivity to these drugs from adolescence through adulthood. ..
- THE CARNITINE TRANSPORTER IN HUMAN DISEASENicola Longo; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Symptom Measurement and Interrelationships During Chemotherapy for Ovarian CancerHeather Jim; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Severe Asthma From Respiratory InfectionsWilliam W Busse; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of asthma, particularly severe disease, and possibilities of new approaches to treatment. ..
- HIV-Hepatitis C Virus Interactions and PathogenesisRaymond T Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will shed considerable light on HIV-HCV pathogenic interactions and offer a means of productively disrupting these interactions. ..
- Causal Models for CVD Use by Aspirin and Vitamin E in the Women's Health StudyNancy Cook; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of reduced risk of CVD mortality, however, as well as effects by age, should be explored further to clarify the public health message. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NABTT-New Approaches to Brain Tumor Therapy (CNSC)Tracy Batchelor; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuropharmacology of Tramadol: Clinical Efficacy and Abuse PotentialWILLIAM WALTON STOOPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Developing analgesics with reduced abuse potential may reduce the prevalence of prescription opioid misuse and subsequent opioid use disorders. ..
- Reconsolidation and extinction processes in the treatment of drug addictionYossef Itzhak; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- International Clinical Trials UnitJohn Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Natural History of Venous Thromboembolism in the ElderlyFrederick A Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also examine how elderly patients with venous thromboembolism are currently being treated, whether some patients are at risk for inappropriate or under treatment, and the relationship of treatment to future complications. ..
- Clinical Activity of 17-AAG in LymphomaAnas Younes; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3 we will correlate the biologic effects of 17-AAG and clinical response in patients with relapsed MCL, ALCL, and HL. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ANGIOTENSIN ANALOGS TO TREAT WOUND HEALINGKathleen Rodgers; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this phase II SBIR, these compounds will undergo extensive preclinical testing to determine whether they should be further developed as a second generation of wound healing drugs. ..
- REGENERATIVE CAPACITY OF THE CD4+ T CELLS IN AIDSJohnson Wong; Fiscal Year: 2001..In specific aim four, the clinical significance of the regenerative capacity will be determined. ..
- Does NO mediate clinical anti-VEGF vascular effectsHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..However, to allow for potential clinical benefit, patients will be permitted to receive ongoing anti-VEGF therapy as deemed appropriate by their physician. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- RCT of a Novel Oral Contraceptive Initiation MethodCarolyn Westhoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also assess dual method use for STD prevention in the study to adoption of and adherence to oral contraceptives. We will also assess dual method use for STD prevention in the study population. ..
- Angiogenesis and thalidomide therapy in multiple myelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study offers a unique opportunity to serially study tumor cells and the tumor microenvironment following potential anti-angiogenic therapy. ..
- Impact of 3 Tier Drug Copays on Use and SpendingDominic Hodgkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL ANIMAL MODELS OF HCV-RELATED HEPATOCARCINOGENESISRaymond Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these models will help provide insights into the factors responsible for this devastating complication of chronic HCV infection. ..
- Clofarabine: Cytarabine Activation for Leukemia ResponseStefan Faderl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CLINICAL TRIALS AND MENTORING IN ONCOLOGY RESEARCHRobert Motzer; Fiscal Year: 2003..One recently joined staff at MSKCC in the Genito-urinary Section. Mentoring of clinical trials is extended beyond fellowship to junior faculty members. ..
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- RHINOVIRUS MEDIATED TRANSCRIPTION IN AIRWAY INFLAMMATIONBruce Zuraw; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will provide a necessary foundation for additional investigations into downstream inflammatory consequences of rhinovirus infection as well as potential targets for new intervention strategies. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RHINOVIRUS INDUCED ASTHMAWilliam Busse; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed studies will provide new evidence as the mechanisms by which RV-infected epithelial cells cause granulocytic bronchial inflammation and asthma exacerbations. ..
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- Novel antibacterial agents for treatment of TularemiaNachum Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2004..tularensis microbiological data and animal model data to warrant inclusion of the information on the product label as a narrow spectrum agent that could be used in the event of a F. tularensis release. ..
- NEW CLINICAL BIOMARKER FOR CANCER--WOUND ANGIOGENESISHerbert Hurwitz; Fiscal Year: 2005..4) To evaluate several potential refinements of this normal wound angiogenesis assay in healthy volunteers, and incorporate these refinements in to patient studies involving novel anti-angiogenesis agents. ..
- Effect of Selenoprotein SNPs on Prostate Cancer RiskMargaret Rayman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Reduction of cancer incidence in these sub-groups would reduce the incidence of prostate cancer in the population. ..
- Antiviral Therapy in African Americans with HCVNezam Afdhal; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specimens of liver tissue and serum will be collected for basic studies on viral resistance. These studies should help determine the best therapy for AA with HCV. ..
- Environmental Risk Factors and Canine Malignant LymphomaElizabeth Bertone Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Because dogs and their human owners share a common environment within the household, results from this study will have direct relevance to the on-going effort to identify factors that may increase risk of human NHL. ..
- Phase1/11 study of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine and valproic *Guillermo Garcia Manero; Fiscal Year: 2005..Decitabine will be generously provided by SuperGen (r). Valproic acid is an FDA approved anti-convulsant. ..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- 6th International Symposium on OsteoporosisRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED PULMONARY EMBOLISHSuman Rathbun; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms and Neural Consequences of Estrogen ActionFarida Sohrabji; Fiscal Year: 2005..Moreover, identifying hormone-stimulated pathways that initiate cell-degenerative events will be increasingly important to the development of target and receptor specific estrogenic compounds. ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Therapies Treatment Consort*Claus Roehrborn; Fiscal Year: 2005..The MIST Study Group will be a blueprint for a technology assessment group applicable to other areas of urology and other medical or surgical subspecialties. ..
- Opioid and Cannabinoid Pharmacokinetic InteractionsDonald Abrams; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nausea and vomiting will be assessed daily via self-report. The study will be conducted over a 2-year period. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Trials Methods Workshop - EuropeDaniel Von Hoff; Fiscal Year: 2008..And, finally, a proven evaluation system is in place to demonstrate that the Workshop will meet its objectives. ..
- MINORITY BASED COMMUNITY CLINICAL ONCOLOGY PROGRAMPeter Wiernik; Fiscal Year: 2006..Efforts in screening and prevention intervention will be facilitated through the Community Outreach program and Community Council. ..
- Dopamine regulation in parkinsonian rat by gene therapyUn Kang; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- MECHANISM OF RETINAL DAMAGE IN AUTOIMMUNE RETINOPATHYGrazyna Adamus; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Developmental Psychopharmacology of AntipsychoticsJENNY WILEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will help to provide a more rational basis for making treatment decisions concerning children and adolescents who may benefit from treatment with an antipsychotic. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Specialty Mental Health Care--Expanding Access in an HMODominic Hodgkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will inform health plan decision-makers and others as they make utilization management choices that may have a major impact on patients and enrollee populations overall. ..
- ALCOHOL APPETITE--A NUTRIENT CONDITIONING ANALYSISKaren Ackroff; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will advance our basic knowledge of the psychobiology of alcohol appetite and may provide practical benefits for controlling alcohol consumption in humans. ..
- Phase II Study of Imatinib Mesylate in Patients with Inoperable Melanoma Gary K Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Dose reductions are allowed in the setting of toxicity. Imaging studies will be performed on an every 6 week schedule. ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- ISGS: The Ischemic Stroke Genetics StudyJAMES MESCHIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The application and SWISS share the same definitions for the present and absence of phenotype and key enrollment criteria. ..
- SECONDARY PREVENTION TRIAL OF VENOUS THROMBOSISPaul Ridker; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Prevention of Weight Gain in Young AdultsMark Espeland; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach shows promise for reducing weight gain and thereby improving long-term cardiovascular health. (End of Abstract) ..
- Immunoregulation in EAE and novel costimulatory pathwaysSamia Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also study the in vivo mechanisms of the novel costimulatory pathways by adoptive transfer of STAT4 KO/TCR transgenic or STAT4 KO/TCR transgenic cells into WT or TCRalphabeta KO recipients. ..
- Procoagulant Microparticles: Novel Determinants of Venous ThrombosisTHOMAS WILLIAM WAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2011..Lay Summary: This proposal will determine the role of procoagulant elements termed microparticles in the etiology of venous thrombosis and their use as a diagnostic tool. ..
- Treatment of Autoimmune Disease by Costimulatory Signal*Samia Khoury; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data obtained from the clinical trials and the critical information from the basic science projects will be valuable in getting us closer to our goal of tolerance induction for autoimmune disease. ..
- Seniors Health and Activity Research Program Pilot (SHARP-P)Mark Espeland; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Community Collaboration to Increase HIV Serostatus Awareness for At Risk AA MSMMelanie Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- An HB Vaccine Model For HIV Vaccine Trials in Drug UsersLu Yu Hwang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics and cardiovascular reactivity in young twinsYanbin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- THERAPEUTIC STUDIES OF ANAPLASTIC GLIOMASLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal thus builds on our extensive clinical investigative expertise within the context of a well-established multi-institutional brain tumor treatment consortium. ..
- Endpoint Analyses of Anti-Integrin Therapy for GliomasLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from these studies will be critically important in developing, refining and validating non-invasive methodologies for timely assessment of specific anti-angiogenic therapies for malignant brain tumors in patients. ..
- MECHANISMS OF BRAIN EDEMA AFTER INTRACEREBRAL HEMORRHAGEGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The purpose of our project is to investigate the mechanisms involved in thrombin-induced brain edema. If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel methods of treating ICH. ..
- Delayed Neurodegeneration After Intracerebral HemorrhageGuohua Xi; Fiscal Year: 2007..If our hypotheses are correct, these experiments may lead to novel therapies for ICH by either limiting iron overload or attenuating oxidative brain injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF CONDITIONING IN THE PHARMACOTHERAPY OF PSORIASISRobert Ader; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- The impact of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on pneumonia hospitalizationsCARLOS GRIJALVA; Fiscal Year: 2008..We propose the use of NIS and SID for the evaluation of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccination program, using an innovative approach. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Growth Hormone and Immune Reconstitution in HIV DiseaseKimberly Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Antitumor Mechanisms of SRC Inhibitors in Lung CancerEric Haura; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Estrogen and the Aging Blood Brain BarrierOAK CHI; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information obtained from our study will be crucially important for the clinical application of estrogen therapy for stroke as well as understanding the pathophysiology of age related cerebrovascular changes. ..
- Post-transcriptional Regulation Requires Phosphorylation of HuR in GliomaLOUIS NABORS; Fiscal Year: 2009..at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- CHILDRENS CANCER GROUPPeter Steinherz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Members of the affiliate hospitals have been participating in CCG studies and have proven their ability to conduct the clinical studies and provide material for laboratory evaluation. ..