Genomes and Genes
tumor stem cell assay
Summary: A cytologic technique for measuring the functional capacity of tumor stem cells by assaying their activity. It is used primarily for the in vitro testing of antineoplastic agents.
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Effective cytotoxicity against human leukemias and chemotherapy-resistant leukemia cell lines by N-N-dimethylsphingosineDavid B Jendiroba
Departments of Special Medical Education Programs, Molecular and Cellular Oncology and Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Medicine, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leuk Res 26:301-10. 2002..DMS-based chemotherapy may improve leukemia treatment...
- Enriched levels of erythropoietin in human umbilical cord blood stimulate hematopoietic progenitor cellsGeorge F Lawlor
Department of Pharmacology, and Intractable Disease Research Center, Tokyo Medical University, 6 1 1 Shinjuku, Japan
J Biochem Mol Biol Biophys 6:65-70. 2002..5 and 80 kDa. The 80 kDa protein corresponds to the previously reported molecular mass for the Epo receptor, suggesting that erythropoietin is enriched in CB compared with adult PB...
- MDDD, a 4,9-diazapyrenium derivative, is selectively toxic to glioma cells by inducing growth arrest at G0/G1 independently of p53De Hua Yu
Immusol Inc, 10790 Roselle Street, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Invest New Drugs 24:489-98. 2006..These properties of MDDD favor its candidacy for evaluation as a new anti-tumor agent, particularly for glioma...
- Characterization of a cancer stem cell-like side population derived from human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cellsShi neng Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology The Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Tumori 96:985-92. 2010..To identify and partially characterize the side population cells derived from three human pancreatic adenocarcinoma cell lines...
- Clonogenic assay with established human tumour xenografts: correlation of in vitro to in vivo activity as a basis for anticancer drug discoveryH H Fiebig
Institute for Experimental Oncology, Oncotest GmbH, Am Flughafen 12 4, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 40:802-20. 2004..Thus, the tumour clonogenic assay has proven predictive value in the chemosensitivity testing of standard and experimental anticancer drugs...
- Persistence of a small subpopulation of cancer stem-like cells in the C6 glioma cell lineToru Kondo
Department of Cell Fate Modulation, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:781-6. 2004..We propose that many cancer cell lines contain a minor subpopulation of stem cells that is enriched in an SP, can be maintained indefinitely in culture, and is crucial for their malignancy...
- Multiple lineages of human breast cancer stem/progenitor cells identified by profiling with stem cell markersWendy W Hwang-Verslues
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 4:e8377. 2009..Taken together, these results suggest that similar to leukemia, several stem/progenitor cell-like subpopulations can exist in breast cancer...
- Acquired resistance to temozolomide in glioma cell lines: molecular mechanisms and potential translational applicationsJihong Zhang
Centre for Biomolecular Science, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Oncology 78:103-14. 2010..These cell lines provide valuable models for the development of strategies to combat temozolomide resistance...
- Radiosensitivity and characterisation of a newly established cell line from an epithelioid sarcomaL R Kelland
Radiotherapy Research Unit, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 58:322-5. 1988..15 for 150 versus 3.2 cGy min-1). This cell line, being only the second we are aware of to be established from this rare soft tissue sarcoma, should be useful in helping to ascertain the histogenesis of epithelioid sarcoma...
- Partial enzymatic degradation of stroma allows enrichment and expansion of primary breast tumor cellsS H Dairkee
Geraldine Brush Cancer Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco 94115, USA
Cancer Res 57:1590-6. 1997..The simple and rapid method described in this report could enable routine expansion of primary breast tumors and provide adequate numbers of viable cells for studying and manipulating their functional characteristics...
- TSLC1 is a tumor suppressor gene associated with metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinomaHong Lok Lung
Department of Biology and Center for Cancer Research, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 66:9385-92. 2006..These findings suggest that TSLC1 is a tumor suppressor gene in NPC, which is significantly associated with lymph node metastases...
- CD44+ CD24(-) prostate cells are early cancer progenitor/stem cells that provide a model for patients with poor prognosisE M Hurt
Cancer Stem Cell Section, Laboratory of Cancer Prevention, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Br J Cancer 98:756-65. 2008....
- GAS5, a non-protein-coding RNA, controls apoptosis and is downregulated in breast cancerM Mourtada-Maarabouni
Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine and School of Life Sciences, Keele University, Staffordshire, UK
Oncogene 28:195-208. 2009....
- Apoptosis-inducing effect of erlotinib is potentiated by 3,3'-diindolylmethane in vitro and in vivo using an orthotopic model of pancreatic cancerShadan Ali
Department of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 7:1708-19. 2008..These results suggest that the utilization of B-DIM could be a useful strategy for achieving better treatment outcome in patients with activated status of EGFR and NF-kappaB in their tumors...
- MITOSTATIN, a putative tumor suppressor on chromosome 12q24.1, is downregulated in human bladder and breast cancerA Vecchione
Department of Urology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Oncogene 28:257-69. 2009..Our findings support the hypothesis that MITOSTATIN has many hallmarks of a classical tumor suppressor in solid tumors and may play an important role in cancer development and progression...
- The cancer stem cell marker CD133 has high prognostic impact but unknown functional relevance for the metastasis of human colon cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Thalkirchner Strasse 36, 80337 München, Germany
J Pathol 219:427-34. 2009..Thus, we conclude that CD133 expression is a marker with high prognostic impact for colon cancer, while it seems to have no obvious functional role as a driving force of this malignancy...
- Targeting inhibitor of apoptosis proteins in combination with dacarbazine or TRAIL in melanoma cellsBirgit O Engesæter
Oslo University Hospital, The Norwegian Radium Hospital
Cancer Biol Ther 12:47-58. 2011..Furthermore, the combined treatment reduced the ability of melanoma cells to engraft and form tumors in mice, actualizing the combination for future therapy of malignant melanoma...
- Nitro-chloromethylbenzindolines: hypoxia-activated prodrugs of potent adenine N3 DNA minor groove alkylatorsWilliam R Wilson
Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre, Faculty of Medical and Health Science, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2903-13. 2009..Nitro-CBIs are novel lead hypoxia-activated prodrugs that represent the first examples of hypoxia-selective generation of potent DNA minor groove alkylating agents...
- Determining mammosphere-forming potential: application of the limiting dilution analysisLauren M Rota
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, NJMS Cancer Center H1200, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 205 S Orange Ave, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 17:119-23. 2012..Here, we discuss the use and benefit of using a limiting dilution analysis to quantify sphere-forming frequency in primary mammary epithelial cells grown in nonadherent conditions...
- Plumbagin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis through reactive oxygen species/c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathways in human melanoma A375.S2 cellsClay C C Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, University Park Campus, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Cancer Lett 259:82-98. 2008..Moreover, blocking ERK and JNK by specific inhibitors suppressed plumbagin-triggered mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Taken together, these results imply a critical role for ROS and JNK in the plumbagin's anticancer activity...
- Triple combination of irradiation, chemotherapy (pemetrexed), and VEGFR inhibition (SU5416) in human endothelial and tumor cellsMarc Bischof
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, Medical School, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:1220-32. 2004..The combination of the folate antimetabolite pemetrexed, SU5416, a receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor of VEGFR2, and irradiation was investigated in human endothelial cells and tumor cell lines...
- Ionizing radiation induces up-regulation of functional beta1-integrin in human lung tumour cell lines in vitroN Cordes
Institute of Radiobiology, Federal Armed Forces Medical Academy, Neuherbergstrasse 11, 80937 Munich, Germany
Int J Radiat Biol 78:347-57. 2002....
- Radiation response of cancer stem-like cells from established human cell lines after sorting for surface markersOsama Al-Assar
CR UK, MRC Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1216-25. 2009..A subpopulation of cancer stem-like cells (CSLC) is hypothesized to exist in different cancer cell lines and to mediate radioresistance in solid tumors...
- Transient or long-term silencing of BCR-ABL alone induces cell cycle and proliferation arrest, apoptosis and differentiationJ Rangatia
Haematopoietic Stem Cell Laboratory, London Research Institute, Cancer Research UK, London, UK
Leukemia 20:68-76. 2006..Thus, long-term silencing of BCR-ABL might prove to be a promising alternative approach in CML patients especially for those who do not respond to any other drug treatment...
- 2-Deoxy-D-glucose-induced cytotoxicity and radiosensitization in tumor cells is mediated via disruptions in thiol metabolismXiao Lin
Section of Cancer Biology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer Res 63:3413-7. 2003....
- Potential use of the alkaline comet assay as a predictor of bladder tumour response to radiationS R McKeown
Radiation Science Research Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Jordanstown, Northern Ireland
Br J Cancer 89:2264-70. 2003..Our data suggest that predictive tests of radiosensitivity, appropriate to the clinical situation, may require the use of test doses in the clinical range...
- Antiproliferative activity of sulforaphane in Akt-overexpressing ovarian cancer cellsDevyani Chaudhuri
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Room 331, Basic Sciences Building, Grasslands Reservation, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:334-45. 2007....
- RNAi-mediated inhibition of MSP58 decreases tumour growth, migration and invasion in a human glioma cell lineWei Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Fourth Military Medical University and The State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Xi an, The People s Republic of China
J Cell Mol Med 13:4608-22. 2009..In summary, our data highlight the importance of MSP58 in glioma progression and provided a biological basis for MSP58 as a novel candidate target for treatment of glioma...
- Cancer stem-like cells in human prostate carcinoma cells DU145: the seeds of the cell line?Chen Wei
Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Cancer Biol Ther 6:763-8. 2007..CD133+ cells differed significantly from CD44+ integrinalpha(2)beta(1)(-/low)CD133- cells and the total population in clone generation, genes expression, differentiation, proliferative and tumorigenic potential...
- Targeting the apoptotic machinery in pancreatic cancers using small-molecule antagonists of the X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis proteinCollins A Karikari
The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, CRB2 Room 345, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:957-66. 2007..These preclinical results suggest that targeting of the apoptotic machinery in pancreatic cancers with XAntags is a promising therapeutic option that warrants further evaluation...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid induces apoptosis through both mitochondrial and Fas (Cd95) signaling in head and neck squamous carcinoma cellsAnn M Gillenwater
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2967-75. 2007....
- Enhanced radiation-induced cell killing and prolongation of gammaH2AX foci expression by the histone deacetylase inhibitor MS-275Kevin Camphausen
Radiation Oncology Branch and Molecular Radiation Therapeutics Branch, Radiation Oncology Sciences Program, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Res 64:316-21. 2004..These results indicate that MS-275 can enhance radiosensitivity and suggest that this effect may involve an inhibition of DNA repair...
- The JAK2 inhibitor AG490 predominantly abrogates the growth of human B-precursor leukemic cells with 11q23 translocation or Philadelphia chromosomeN Miyamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Yamanashi Medical University, Japan
Leukemia 15:1758-68. 2001..These results indicate that AG490 exerts a potent inhibitory activity to B-precursor leukemia with specific chromosomal abnormalities, and a therapeutic approach using AG490 is expected...
- Measurements using the alkaline comet assay predict bladder cancer cell radiosensitivityM A L Moneef
Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, Hodgkin Building, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, PO Box 138, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Br J Cancer 89:2271-6. 2003..Overall, these studies demonstrate ACA to be a good predictive measure of bladder cancer cell radiosensitivity at low dose, with potential clinical application...
- Relationship between clonogenic radiosensitivity, radiation-induced apoptosis and DNA damage/repair in human colon cancer cellsA L Dunne
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Newtownabbey, BT37 OQB, Northern Ireland
Br J Cancer 89:2277-83. 2003..Initial damage measured after 2 Gy using the alkaline comet assay gave a close correlation with SF2 (r2=0.95), whereas there was no correlation between initial DNA damage repair rate and SF2...
- DLC-1 suppresses non-small cell lung cancer growth and invasion by RhoGAP-dependent and independent mechanismsKevin D Healy
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Mol Carcinog 47:326-37. 2008..Combined, these studies provide information on the mechanism of DLC-1 function and regulation, and further support the role of DLC-1 tumor suppression in NSCLC...
- Enhancement of antineoplastic action of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine by zebularine on L1210 leukemiaMaryse Lemaire
Departement de Pharmacologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Anticancer Drugs 16:301-8. 2005..The probable mechanism of this drug interaction involves inhibition of CD by Zeb and the complementary inhibition of DNA methylation by both agents...
- Human glioblastoma and carcinoma xenograft tumors treated by combined radiation and imatinib (Gleevec)Susanne Oertel
Department of Radiation Oncology, German Cancer Research Center, and University of Heidelberg, Medical School, Heidelberg, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 182:400-7. 2006..Since radiotherapy is an important treatment option in many tumors, combined effects of imatinib and radiation were analyzed here...
- A systematic assessment of radiation dose enhancement by 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine and histone deacetylase inhibitors in head-and-neck squamous cell carcinomaHarlinde De Schutter
Laboratory of Experimental Radiotherapy, Leuvens Kanker Instituut, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:904-12. 2009..This study therefore aimed to investigate whether 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine (DAC) alone or in combination with the HDAC-Is trichostatin A, LBH589, or MGCD0103 could radiosensitize HNSCC tumor cell lines...
- The sensitivity of the MDA-kb2 cell in vitro assay in detecting anti-androgenic chemicals--identification of sources of variability and estimation of statistical powerSibylle Ermler
The School of Pharmacy, University of London, Centre for Toxicology, London, United Kingdom
Toxicol In Vitro 24:1845-53. 2010..Using the modified assay protocol extensive concentration-response analyses were conducted with bisphenol A, BDE100 and vinclozolin. Our modified procedure improves considerably the reproducibility of the MDA-kb2 assay...
- Genotoxic-activated G2-M checkpoint exit is dependent on CDC25B phosphatase expressionBeatrix Bugler
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire du Contrôle de la Prolifération, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR5088 IFR109, Institut d Exploration Fonctionnelle des Génomes, Universite Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1446-51. 2006..Together with previous results, our data strongly support a model in which CDC25B is the key phosphatase that controls entry into mitosis after DNA damage, thus emphasizing the relevance of its overexpression in many human tumors...
- Genistein potentiates the radiation effect on prostate carcinoma cellsG G Hillman
Department of Radiation Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, and Harper Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Clin Cancer Res 7:382-90. 2001..These studies suggest a potential of combining genistein with radiation for the treatment of localized prostate carcinoma...
- Bortezomib induces apoptosis in primitive chronic myeloid leukemia cells including LTC-IC and NOD/SCID repopulating cellsNicholas B Heaney
Paul O Gorman Leukaemia Research Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Blood 115:2241-50. 2010..Because of known toxicities, including myelosuppression, the likely initial clinical application of bortezomib in CML would be in resistant and advanced disease...
- Importance of dose-schedule of 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine for epigenetic therapy of cancerMaryse Lemaire
Departement de Pharmacologie, Universite de Montreal, Centre de Recherche Pediatrique, Service d hématologie oncologie, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
BMC Cancer 8:128. 2008..Although clinical studies show that DAC has activity against hematological malignancies, the optimal dose-schedule of this epigenetic agent still needs to be established...
- The phosphotyrosine-independent interaction of DLC-1 and the SH2 domain of cten regulates focal adhesion localization and growth suppression activity of DLC-1Yi Chun Liao
Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Cell Biol 176:43-9. 2007..These results provide a novel mechanism whereby the SH2 domain of cten-mediated focal adhesion localization of DLC-1 plays an essential role in its tumor suppression activity...
- Bcl-x(L) antisense oligonucleotides radiosensitise colon cancer cellsV Wacheck
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Section of Experimental Oncology Molecular Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Cancer 89:1352-7. 2003..Specific reduction of Bcl-x(L) protein levels by antisense oligonucleotides qualifies as a promising therapeutic strategy for colon cancer that may help overcome resistance and improve clinical outcome in this malignancy...
- Oncogenic transformation by inhibitor-sensitive and -resistant EGFR mutantsHeidi Greulich
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Med 2:e313. 2005..The presence of mutations correlates with tumor sensitivity to the EGFR inhibitors erlotinib and gefitinib, but the transforming potential of specific mutations and their relationship to drug sensitivity have not been described...
- Survivin antisense oligonucleotides effectively radiosensitize colorectal cancer cells in both tissue culture and murine xenograft modelsFranz Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy and Oncology, University of Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:247-55. 2008....
- Antitumor activity of suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid against thyroid cancer cell lines in vitro and in vivoQuang T Luong
Department of Medicine and the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5570-7. 2006..The histone deacetylase inhibitor, suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA), has multiple antitumor effects against a variety of human cancers...
- Antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing effects of hemin in hepatoma cellsCarmen Cristina Diaconu
Stefan S Nicolau Institute of Virology, Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1010:311-5. 2003..The antiproliferative and apoptosis-inducing effects of hemin might be considered in the design of treatment for patients with hepatoma...
- Suicide gene/prodrug therapy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma by E. coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase and 6-methylpurine 2'-deoxyribosideSophie Deharvengt
INSERM U375, Strasbourg Cedex, France
Pancreas 28:E54-64. 2004..ePNP activates the prodrug 6-methylpurine deoxyribose (MePdR) into methyl purine (MeP), which is highly toxic to dividing and nondividing cells...
- Novel mode of action of tylophorine analogs as antitumor compoundsWenli Gao
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Cancer Res 64:678-88. 2004..In summary, these tylophorine analogs are a unique class of antitumor compounds that have a mode of action different from known antitumor drugs...
- Arsenic but not all-trans retinoic acid overcomes the aberrant stem cell capacity of PML/RARalpha-positive leukemic stem cellsXiaomin Zheng
Laboratory of Tumor Stem Cell Biology, Department of Hematology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Haematologica 92:323-31. 2007..Arsenic induces high rates of CR and CMR followed by a long relapse-free survival (RFS). Here we compared the effects of ATRA and arsenic on PML/RARalpha-positive stem cell compartments...
- Antitumor effects of Nafamostat mesilate on head and neck squamous cell carcinomaYukiko Yamashita
Department of Biology and Function in the Head and Neck, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:487-91. 2007..We investigated the biological activities of Nafamostat mesilate on cell proliferation, cell-invasive potential and growth factor production in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Inositol hexakisphosphate kinase 2 sensitizes ovarian carcinoma cells to multiple cancer therapeuticsBei H Morrison
Center for Cancer Drug Discovery and Development, Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, OH 44195, USA
Oncogene 21:1882-9. 2002..The function of both death inducers is positively regulated by IP6K2...
- WTp53 induction does not override MTp53 chemoresistance and radioresistance due to gain-of-function in lung cancer cellsAndrew R Cuddihy
Division of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Mol Cancer Ther 7:980-92. 2008..Our results suggest that human MTp53 proteins can lead to resistant phenotypes independent of WTp53-mediated transcription and checkpoint control. This should be considered when using p53 as a prognostic factor and therapeutic target...
- Application of p27 gene therapy for human malignant glioma potentiated by using mutant p27Kyung Ho Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Lung Institute of Medical Research Center, Seoul National University College of Medicine and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Neurosurg 101:505-10. 2004..In this study, the authors investigated the roles of wild-type p27 and mutant p27 on the treatment of malignant glioma...
- Enhanced sensitivity of bladder cancer cells to cisplatin mediated cytotoxicity and apoptosis in vitro and in vivo by the selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor JTE-522Yoichi Mizutani
Department of Urology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Urol 172:1474-9. 2004....
- In vitro anti-cancer activity of a novel microbial fermentation product on human carcinomasChung Hin Chui
Anti Cancer Research Center, State Key Laboratory of Chinese Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Applied Biology, and Chemical Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, PR China
Int J Mol Med 17:675-9. 2006..The results obtained suggest that XP-180-mediated cancer cell death could involve mitochondria and both caspase-dependent and -independent pathways. Therefore, XP-180 is an efficient anti-cancer regimen in vitro...
- Hepsin shows inhibitory effects through apoptotic pathway on ovarian cancer cell linesKeiichiro Nakamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Int J Oncol 28:393-8. 2006..Our findings in this study identify Hepsin as a target for new approaches in ovarian cancer treatment...
- Flavopiridol potentiates the cytotoxic effects of radiation in radioresistant tumor cells in which p53 is mutated or Bcl-2 is overexpressedTakamitsu Hara
Department of Radiology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama City, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:1485-95. 2008..The purpose of the present study is to clarify whether flavopiridol enhances the cytotoxic effects of radiation in tumor cells that contain dysfunction p53 or that overexpress Bcl-2...
- Inhibition of Akt by the alkylphospholipid perifosine does not enhance the radiosensitivity of human glioma cellsLorena de la Peña
Molecular Radiation Therapeutics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1504-10. 2006..These results suggest that, although Akt may influence the radiosensitivity of other tumor types, it does not seem to be a target for glioma cell radiosensitization...
- Clonogenic acute myelogenous leukemia cells are heterogeneous with regard to regulation of differentiation and effect of epigenetic pharmacological targetingAnita Ryningen
Division for Hematology, Department of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital and University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Leuk Res 31:1303-13. 2007....
- Effect of bortezomib on human neuroblastoma cell growth, apoptosis, and angiogenesisChiara Brignole
Laboratory of Oncology, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16147 Genoa, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:1142-57. 2006..No data are available on bortezomib activity against human pediatric neuroblastoma...
- Proapoptotic ability of oncogenic H-Ras to facilitate apoptosis induced by histone deacetylase inhibitors in human cancer cellsShambhunath Choudhary
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Tennessee, 2407 River Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:1099-111. 2007....
- Enhancement of cisplatin induced apoptosis by suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cell linesJun Shen
Department of Oral Medicine, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, PR China
Biochem Pharmacol 73:1901-9. 2007..Our results suggest that concurrent treatment with SAHA enhances tumor cell sensitivity to subtoxic doses of cisplatin. This may be regarded as a novel strategy for treatment of OSCC...
- Antitumor activity of enzastaurin (LY317615.HCl) against human cancer cell lines and freshly explanted tumors investigated in in-vitro [corrected] soft-agar cloning experimentsAxel Rainer Hanauske
Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Lohmühlenstr 5, 20099, Hamburg, Germany
Invest New Drugs 25:205-10. 2007..This warrants further clinical development in tumors which have been identified to be potentially sensitive to Enzastaurin...
- High-LET radiation enhanced apoptosis but not necrosis regardless of p53 statusAkihisa Takahashi
Department of Biology, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:591-7. 2004..We analyzed the death pattern of human lung cancer cells harboring different p53 statuses after irradiation with different levels of linear energy transfer (LET)...
- Combined effects of the oral fluoropyrimidine anticancer agent, S-1 and radiation on human oral cancer cellsKoji Harada
Second Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of Tokushima, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, 770 8504, Japan
Oral Oncol 40:713-9. 2004....
- Induction of apoptosis and inhibition of growth of human hepatoma HepG2 cells by heparinS Sami Karti
Division of Hematology, Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1864-6. 2003..There have been no studies analyzing the effect of heparin on human hepatoma cells. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of heparin on human hepatoma cell line, HepG2...
- N-(4-Hydroxylphenyl)retinamide (fenretinide, 4-HPR), a retinoid compound with antileukemic and proapoptotic activity in acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)Stefan Faderl
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, P O Box 428, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Leuk Res 27:259-66. 2003..Although several modes of action have been postulated, its mechanism of action in hematologic malignancies remains unclear. Furthermore, only limited information exists as to its activity in lymphoid malignancies...
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors regulate the expression of a TGF-beta superfamily member that has proapoptotic and antitumorigenic activitiesS J Baek
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Pharmacol 59:901-8. 2001..These data demonstrate that NAG-1 is an antitumorigenic and proapoptotic protein, and its regulation by COX inhibitors may provide new clues for explaining their proapoptotic and antitumorigenic activities...
- Purging of myeloma cells using all-trans retinoic acid in a mouse modelJ M Henry
Department of Haematology and Genetic Pathology, Flinders University of South Australia and Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Exp Hematol 29:315-21. 2001....
- CD40L induces proliferation, self-renewal, rescue from apoptosis, and production of cytokines by CD40-expressing AML blastsDonatella Aldinucci
Clinical and Experimental Hematology Research Unit, I R C C S, Aviano, Italy
Exp Hematol 30:1283-92. 2002..In the present study, we analyzed the capability of CD40L/CD154 to modulate several functional aspects of CD40-expressing AML blasts...
- The histone deacetylase inhibitor AN-9 has selective toxicity to acute leukemia and drug-resistant primary leukemia and cancer cell linesAyse Batova
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical Center, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103 8447, USA
Blood 100:3319-24. 2002..Collectively, our results suggest that AN-9 is a selective agent for hematopoietic malignancies that can circumvent the mechanisms of chemoresistance limiting most conventional chemotherapy...
- Cell death in irradiated prostate epithelial cells: role of apoptotic and clonogenic cell killG P Bromfield
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 6:73-85. 2003..Future strategies for prostate radiotherapy prediction or novel treatments should additionally focus on terminal growth arrest as an important endpoint in prostate cancer therapy...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor as a genetic therapy target for carcinoma cell radiosensitizationG Lammering
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:921-9. 2001..Therefore, disruption of EGFR function through overexpression of EGFR-CD533 may hold promise as a gene therapeutic approach to enhance the sensitivity of tumor cells to ionizing radiation...
- Tumor growth inhibition by arsenic trioxide (As2O3) in the orthotopic metastasis model of androgen-independent prostate cancerH Maeda
The 4th Department, Osaka Bioscience Institute, Osaka 565-0874, Japan
Cancer Res 61:5432-40. 2001..This study establishes that As2O3 provides a novel, safe approach for treatment of androgen-independent prostate cancer. Generation of ROS as a therapeutic target for the potentiation of As2O3-induced apoptosis also was shown...
- Reconstitution of hTERT restores tumorigenicity in melanoma-derived c-Myc low-expressing clonesAnnamaria Biroccio
Experimental Chemotherapy Laboratory, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 21:3011-9. 2002..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that the reconstitution of high levels of telomerase activity reverses the low tumorigenicity due to low c-Myc expression...
- IGF-binding protein-3-induced growth inhibition and apoptosis do not require cell surface binding and nuclear translocation in human breast cancer cellsAlison J Butt
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, New South Wales 2065, Australia
Endocrinology 143:2693-9. 2002..This suggests the existence of multiple pathways by which IGFBP-3 elicits its growth effects...
- Cancer therapy utilizing an adenoviral vector expressing only E1AAndrew V Hubberstey
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Gene Ther 9:321-9. 2002....
- Multigene targeting with antisense oligodeoxynucleotides: an exploratory study using primary human leukemia cellsJoanna B Opalinska
Authors Affiliations Hematology and Pathology, Pommeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Clin Cancer Res 11:4948-54. 2005..Because the expression of these genes is not known to be linked, we sought to determine the therapeutic value of silencing both genes simultaneously in K562 and primary patient (n = 9) chronic myelogenous leukemia cells...
- TRAIL (Apo2L) suppresses growth of primary human leukemia and myelodysplasia progenitorsM Plasilova
Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, Prague, Czech Republic
Leukemia 16:67-73. 2002..To conclude, our data document that TRAIL does not affect normal human hematopoiesis but suppresses the growth of early primary leukemia and myelodysplasia progenitors...
- Tyrphostin AG 1024 modulates radiosensitivity in human breast cancer cellsB Wen
, Institut Gustave Roussy, , France
Br J Cancer 85:2017-21. 2001..These results suggest that Tyrphostin AG 1024 could be used as a potential therapeutic agent in combination with irradiation...
- Imbalancing the DNA base excision repair pathway in the mitochondria; targeting and overexpressing N-methylpurine DNA glycosylase in mitochondria leads to enhanced cell killingMelissa L Fishel
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Cancer Res 63:608-15. 2003....
- Chemosensitization of human prostate cancer using antisense agents targeting the type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptorG O Hellawell
Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
BJU Int 91:271-7. 2003..IGF1R is overexpressed by prostate cancer compared with benign prostatic epithelium and IGF1R expression commonly persists in androgen-independent metastatic disease at levels comparable to those in the primary...
- Enhancement of tumor radioresponse by combined treatment with gefitinib (Iressa, ZD1839), an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, is accompanied by inhibition of DNA damage repair and cell growth in oral cancerSatoru Shintani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, 454 Shitsukawa, Shigenobu cho, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Int J Cancer 107:1030-7. 2003..Overall, we conclude that gefitinib enhances tumor radioresponse by multiple mechanisms that may involve antiproliferative growth inhibition and effects on DNA repair after exposure to radiation...
- Studies with cytotoxic agents suggest that apoptosis is not a major determinant of clonogenic death in neuroblastoma cellsJ Russell
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, K210 425 E68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Eur J Cancer 39:2234-8. 2003..By extension, the Clone F cells' resistance to radiation and other agents cannot be due to diminished apoptosis either. Based on these results, apoptosis may not be a useful surrogate for clonogenic outcome...
- Use of RNA interference to target cyclin E-overexpressing hepatocellular carcinomaKaiyi Li
Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:3593-7. 2003..Our results also indicate that cyclin E, which is overexpressed in 70% of HCCs, may serve as a novel therapeutic target...
- Both DNA topoisomerase II-binding protein 1 and BRCA1 regulate the G2-M cell cycle checkpointKazuhiko Yamane
Department of Radiation Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4942, USA
Cancer Res 63:3049-53. 2003..These results indicate that both TopBP1 and BRCA1 specifically regulate the G(2)-M checkpoint, partially compensating each function...
- Antiviral agent cidofovir decreases Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) oncoproteins and enhances the radiosensitivity in EBV-related malignanciesBassam Abdulkarim
Laboratoire UPRES EA No 27 10 Radiosensibilité des tumeurs tissus sains, France
Oncogene 22:2260-71. 2003..These results provide the basis for a novel anticancer strategy to enhance the therapeutic ratio of IR in EBV-related cancers...
- Tumor cell repopulation during conventional and accelerated radiotherapy in the in vitro megacolony cultureRafal Tarnawski
Department of Experimental and Clinical Radiobiology, Center of Oncology Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Institute Branch, Gliwice, Poland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1074-81. 2003..To analyze the repopulation rate of cancer cells in vitro during conventional and accelerated irradiation, using the megacolony culture...
- Caspase 9 is required for p53-dependent apoptosis and chemosensitivity in a human ovarian cancer cell lineGen Sheng Wu
Program in Developmental Therapeutics, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Oncogene 21:1-8. 2002..Our results suggest that caspase 9 may be an important target for anticancer drug development. Thus, identifying novel compounds that can activate caspase 9 may be a strategy for overcoming a defect in the p53 apoptosis pathway...
- The farnesyl transferase inhibitor, FTI-277, inhibits growth and induces apoptosis in drug-resistant myeloma tumor cellsS C E Bolick
Clinical Investigations, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Leukemia 17:451-7. 2003..These preclinical studies suggest that prenylation inhibitors may represent new therapeutic agents for the treatment of refractory or drug-resistant multiple myeloma...
- Effect of daunorubicin, carminomycin, idarubicin and 4-demethoxydaunorubicinol against human normal myeloid stem cells and human malignant cells in vitroP Dodion
Service de Medecine, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 23:1909-14. 1987..was investigated in a human normal progenitor myeloid stem cell assay and in a human tumor stem cell assay. Against normal myeloid progenitor cells, idarubicin and carminomycin were equally potent; both agents ..
- In vitro chemosensitivity of brain tumors to cisplatin and its analogues, iproplatin and carboplatinP Dodion
Laboratoire d Investigation Clinique H J Tagnon, Institut Jules Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 22:80-2. 1988..Our data suggest that clinical studies with carboplatin and combinations of vindesine plus cisplatin and its analogues may be worthwhile...
- TLR7 expression is decreased during tumour progression in transgenic adenocarcinoma of mouse prostate mice and its activation inhibits growth of prostate cancer cellsJu Hee Han
Laboratory Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Reprod Immunol 70:317-26. 2013..Accordingly, we examined the expression of TLR7 during tumour progression of TRMAP (transgenic mouse model for prostate cancer) mice and its role on cell growth...
- Change in radiosensitivity with fractionated-dose irradiation of carbon-ion beams in five different human cell linesM Suzuki
International Space Radiation Laboratory, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:251-8. 2000..To investigate the change in the surviving fractions by fractionated-dose irradiations with carbon ions, based on the recovery of potentially lethal damage (PLDR) and the change of radiosensitivity by every fractionated-dose irradiation...
- Selective inhibition of leukemia cell proliferation by BCR-ABL antisense oligodeoxynucleotidesC Szczylik
Department of Pathology, Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia, PA 19140
Science 253:562-5. 1991..These findings demonstrate the requirement for a functional BCR-ABL gene in maintaining the leukemic phenotype and the feasibility of gene-targeted selective killing of neoplastic cells...
- 4-[3-(2-Nitro-1-imidazolyl)propylamino]-7-chloroquinoline hydrochloride (NLCQ-1), a novel bioreductive agent as radiosensitizer in vitro and in vivo: comparison with tirapazamineM V Papadopoulou
The Radiation Medicine Institute at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Oncol Res 12:325-33. 2001..An SER value of 1.58 was obtained for both hypoxia-selective cytotoxins, at equitoxic doses, in SCCVII tumors, by using a fractionated regimen. These results suggest a possible use of NLCQ-1 or TPZ as adjuvants to radiotherapy...
- Novel pyrimidine-2,4-diamine derivative suppresses the cell viability and spindle assembly checkpoint activity by targeting Aurora kinasesAnna Leena Salmela
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Biotechnology for Health and Wellbeing, Turku, Finland
Carcinogenesis 34:436-45. 2013..Our data suggest that this new pharmacophore possesses interesting anticancer properties that could be exploited in development of mitosis-targeting therapies...
- Development of a Test Cancer BioChip for the Cancer BioChip SystemRULA A ABBUD ANTAKI; Fiscal Year: 2010..The human tumor stem cell assay (HTSCA), also known as anchorage-independent growth assay, has been considered as the "gold standard" for ..
- PRIMARY BREAST CANCER THERAPY GROUP -- NSABPCARL SUTHERLAND; Fiscal Year: 1991..We plan to continue the activity of our Human Tumor Stem Cell Assay (HTSCA) Laboratory in analyzing primary and metastatic carcinoma of the breast, to generate data in ..
- POLYAMINE INVOLVEMENT IN MAMMARY CARCINOGENESISAndrea Manni; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Polyamines and Breast Cancer BiologyAndrea Manni; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of these studies is to identify critical signaling molecules which can be targeted in conjunction with antipolyamine therapy to optimize prevention of metastasis from breast cancer. ..
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR MOLECULAR CANCER DATAMichael Newton; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research merges advanced stochastic modeling techniques and tools from statistical computing to provide useful statistical methods for oncologists who study cancer at the molecular level. ..
- Anticancer Potential of Black Cohosh on Breast CancerLINDA EINBOND; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research project could identify new approaches to breast cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Proteases in Prostate Cancer Bone MetastasisMichael Cher; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HU-UPCI Cancer Education/Career Development PartnershipRichard Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- RNAi-Based Therapy of Hepatocellular CarcinomaKaiyi Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Phosphatase CL100/MKP1 in Human CancerGen Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Collectively, our studies will provide important and novel insights into the role of CL100/MKP1 in cell cycle and apoptosis control in human cancer. ..
- The MT1-MMP/RANKL/RANK Axis in Prostate Cancer Bone MetastasisRAFAEL A FRIDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will use a variety of biochemical and cellular approaches as well as animal models of bone metastasis. ..
- THE ROLE OF hCdc4 IN HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMAKaiyi Li; Fiscal Year: 2004..Histopathological studies will also be performed in the transgenics to determine HCC-related phenotypes. ..
- MOLECULAR CONTRIBUTORS TO STEM CELL QUIESCENCERichard Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insights gained from these studies should have a significant impact on gene therapy strategies and should generate novel tools for the study of leukemias and myelodysplastic syndromes. ..
- FAS/APO-1 MEDIATED APOPTOSISRobert Fine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, the selective and rapid induction of apoptosis occurring only in cancer cells carrying p53 abnormalities could be a powerful therapeutic modality for the treatment of cancer. ..
- PROSTATE CANCER, BONE METASTASIS, AND METALLOPROTEINASESMichael Cher; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies may lead to new therapeutic strategies aimed at interrupting the interactions between prostate cancer cells and bone. ..
- Spectral-Encoding for Video-Rate Hemodynamic TomographyBrian Pogue; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Xenogen IVIS-200 Bioluminescent Imaging SystemAlan Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Determinants of Acquired Erlotinib ResistanceVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ENZYMATIC DE-INHIBITION OF AXONAL REGENERATIONDavid Muir; Fiscal Year: 2003..The main goal of this project is to prove that application of CSPG-degrading enzymes within injured tissues is an effective therapy to improve axonal regrowth and recovery of function throughout the nervous system. ..
- RADIATION AND DRUG EFFECTS ON TUMOR CELL SUBPOPULATIONSDietmar Siemann; Fiscal Year: 2001..Ultimately we hope that these approaches can be reliably developed to an extent where the use of human tumor biopsy material may lead to radiotherapy treatments more tailored to the individual patient. ..
- Gene Gun Technology, Opioids, and Corneal DiseasesIAN ZAGON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, such data can be employed to design molecular strategies to remedy visual dysfunction. ..
- QUANTITATION OF HYPOXIC TUMOR CELLSPeggy Olive; Fiscal Year: 2001..To validate the models, expression of GFP will be analyzed in relation to proliferation, hypoxia marker binding, and clonogenicity following irradiation. ..
- TRAINING IN CANCER BIOSTATISTICSMichael Newton; Fiscal Year: 2003..A faculty mentor on specific cancer related projects as well as is/her own statistical research. A new addition to this proposal is to develop a course in statistical methods for genetics and molecular biology research. ..
- IGFS & IGF-BINDING PROTEINS IN GROWTH & DIFFERENTIATIONPomila Singh; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Growth Factors, Curcumin and Colon CarcinogenesisPomila Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies are expected to help in developing mechanism-based strategies for preventative/treatment protocols for CRCusing curcumin like agents. ..
- A Nucleosomal Biosensor for Identification and Isolation of Nuclear Hormone RecepRichard Steinman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This biosensor should be more rapid and versatile than cell-based reporter gene assays and more informative than assays that measure only ligand/receptor binding. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Phase 2 Trial of Dasatinib in Patients with NSCLC and Acquired Resistance to ErVincent Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is a clinical trial to determine whether dasatinib is an effective treatment for patients with NSCLC and acquired resistance to erlotinib or gefitinib. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference on Photodynamic TherapyDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The most recent PDT meeting, sponsored by the International Photodynamic Assn, has more than 600 participants. ..
- AUTOCRINE ROLE OF GASTRIN-LIKE PEPTIDES IN COLON CANCERPomila Singh; Fiscal Year: 2002..If we are successful in purifying the novel GP-R (and confirm its role in mediating the mitogenic effects of gastrins) then one can develop systemic strategies to block the receptor mediated effects in future funding periods. ..
- Multispectral Imaging for Oral Cancer DetectionAnn Gillenwater; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of this research will determine the feasibility for MDM imaging as a clinical tool to improve detection and monitoring of oral neoplasia. ..
- Promotion of PDT Induced phototoxicity by bile acidsDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2003..If the results of preliminary studies are borne out by further investigation, UDCA could offer a safe and effective means for promoting clinical PDT efficacy. ..