Genomes and Genes
Summary: A cell-separation technique where magnetizable microspheres or beads are first coated with monoclonal antibody, allowed to search and bind to target cells, and are then selectively removed when passed through a magnetic field. Among other applications, the technique is commonly used to remove tumor cells from the marrow (BONE MARROW PURGING) of patients who are to undergo autologous bone marrow transplantation.
Publications293 found, 100 shown here
- Small but mighty: how the MACS-technology based on nanosized superparamagnetic particles has helped to analyze the immune system within the last 20 yearsAndreas Grützkau
Deutsches Rheuma Forschungszentrum Berlin DRFZ, a Leibniz Institute, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Cytometry A 77:643-7. 2010....
- Expression of epithelial cell adhesion molecule in carcinoma cells present in blood and primary and metastatic tumorsChandra G Rao
Immunicon Corporation, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006, USA
Int J Oncol 27:49-57. 2005..This supports the hypothesis that this adhesion molecule is down-regulated on carcinoma cells in the circulation...
- Correlation of HER2 status between primary tumors and corresponding circulating tumor cells in advanced breast cancer patientsMarta Pestrin
Translational Research Unit c o Department of Oncology, Hospital of Prato, Istituto Toscano Tumori, Piazza dell Ospedale 2, 59100, Prato, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:523-30. 2009..278). Our study suggests that a subset of patients with HER2-negative primary tumors develops HER2-positive CTCs during disease progression...
- Hematogenous micrometastases in osteosarcoma patientsOyvind S Bruland
Department Groups of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 11:4666-73. 2005..Attempts to subgroup osteosarcoma patients for more individualized treatment based on the presence of micrometastatic cells should be studied in a larger cohort of patients...
- Mast cell repopulation of the peritoneal cavity: contribution of mast cell progenitors versus bone marrow derived committed mast cell precursorsMaria Celia Jamur
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology and Pathogenic Bioagents, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
BMC Immunol 11:32. 2010..This study was undertaken to determine the mast cell response in the peritoneal cavity and bone marrow during repopulation of the peritoneal cavity in rats...
- Quantitative detection of Legionella pneumophila in water samples by immunomagnetic purification and real-time PCR amplification of the dotA geneM A Yanez
Labaqua, Pol Ind Las Atalayas, c Del Dracma, 16 18, 03114 Alicante, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3433-41. 2005A new real-time PCR assay was developed and validated in combination with an immunomagnetic separation system for the quantitative determination of Legionella pneumophila in water samples...
- Detection by multiplex real-time polymerase chain reaction assays and isolation of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serogroups O26, O45, O103, O111, O121, and O145 in ground beefPina M Fratamico
Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 600 East Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:601-7. 2011..stx(1), stx(2), and genes in the O-antigen gene clusters of the six serogroups, [corrected] and then immunomagnetic separation (IMS) followed by plating onto Rainbow® Agar O157 and PCR assays for confirmation of isolates...
- Rapid detection of Listeria monocytogenes by nanoparticle-based immunomagnetic separation and real-time PCRHua Yang
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, 217 P and A Bldg, Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 118:132-8. 2007The objective of this study was to develop a method combining nanoparticle-based immunomagnetic separation (IMS) with real-time PCR for a rapid and quantitative detection of Listeria monocytogenes...
- Negative enrichment by immunomagnetic nanobeads for unbiased characterization of circulating tumor cells from peripheral blood of cancer patientsZhian Liu
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
J Transl Med 9:70. 2011..We optimized a method for enrichment, subsequent detection and characterization of CTCs based on depletion of the leukocyte fraction...
- Optimization of an enrichment process for circulating tumor cells from the blood of head and neck cancer patients through depletion of normal cellsLiying Yang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, 125 Koffolt Laboratories, 140 West 19th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 102:521-34. 2009..e., does the CTC have predominantly epithelial or mesenchymal characteristics?)...
- Characterization of ERG, AR and PTEN gene status in circulating tumor cells from patients with castration-resistant prostate cancerGerhardt Attard
The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 69:2912-8. 2009..007) in CRPC patients treated with abiraterone acetate. These data confirm that CTCs are malignant in origin and indicate that hormone-regulated expression of ERG persists in CRPC...
- Isolation and enumeration of circulating endothelial cells by immunomagnetic isolation: proposal of a definition and a consensus protocolA Woywodt
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Thromb Haemost 4:671-7. 2006..CD146-driven immunomagnetic isolation has gained widespread use, but the technique is hampered by the lack of a definition of CECs and the absence of a consensus for their enumeration...
- Detection of pathogenic mycobacteria based on functionalized quantum dots coupled with immunomagnetic separationEmmanouil Liandris
Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture, Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece
PLoS ONE 6:e20026. 2011..The method described here can be easily adjusted for any other protein target of either the pathogen or the host, and once fully developed it will be directly applicable on clinical samples...
- Imaging technique implemented in CellTracks systemArjan G J Tibbe
Faculty of Applied Physics, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
Cytometry 47:248-55. 2002..Image analysis of the cells improves the specificity of cell classification, especially in cases where the particular cells are found relatively infrequently and one has to discriminate between artifacts and real events...
- Immunomagnetic separation combined with real-time reverse transcriptase PCR assays for detection of norovirus in contaminated foodYoungBin Park
Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Seoul National University, 28 Yunkeun dong, ChongRo Ku, Seoul 110 799, South Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:4226-30. 2008We developed an immunomagnetic separation (IMS) technique combined with real-time TaqMan reverse transcriptase PCR (RT-PCR), which allowed detection of norovirus at a level as low as 3 to 7 RT-PCR units from artificially contaminated ..
- Increased integration of transplanted CD73-positive photoreceptor precursors into adult mouse retinaDominic Eberle
DFG Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden CRTD, Cluster of Excellence, Dresden, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6462-71. 2011..Purification via cell surface markers represents a new tool for the separation of transplantable photoreceptor precursors from a heterogeneous cell population, avoiding the need of reporter gene expression in target cells...
- Detection of breast cancer micrometastases in peripheral blood using immunomagnetic separation and immunocytochemistryS J Kim
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, 2-2-E-10 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
Breast Cancer 8:63-9. 2001..METHODS: PBM in operable and metastatic breast cancer patients were studied using immunomagnetic separation of tumor cells followed by immunocytochemistry (IMS-ICC)...
- Isolation of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serogroups O26, O45, O103, O111, O121, and O145 from ground beef using modified rainbow agar and post-immunomagnetic separation acid treatmentGlenn E Tillman
US Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Eastern Laboratory Outbreaks Section, Athens, Georgia 30605, USA
J Food Prot 75:1548-54. 2012..A post-immunomagnetic separation (IMS) acid treatment step was additionally used to reduce background microflora and increase recovery of ..
- Detection of pathogenic Listeria spp. in zoo animal faeces: use of immunomagnetic separation and a chromogenic isolation mediumLuc Bauwens
Veterinary Department, Royal Zoological Society of Antwerp, Koningin Astridplein 26, B 2018, Antwerp, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 91:115-23. 2003..A two-stage standard isolation (ISO) method was combined with immunomagnetic separation (IMS). ALOA agar, a chromogenic isolation medium, differentiating Listeria spp...
- Circulating tumor cells in colorectal cancer: past, present, and future challengesBenjamin P Negin
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 11:1-13. 2010Recent advances in immunomagnetic separation and flow cytometry have made the detection and characterization of circulating tumor cells (CTC) a reality...
- Rapid detection of Salmonella in milk by combined immunomagnetic separation-polymerase chain reaction assayB Mercanoglu Taban
Gazi University, Vocational School of Health Services, Golbasi, Ankara, Turkey
J Dairy Sci 92:2382-8. 2009..study including milk samples was conducted to evaluate the performance of a combination of 2 techniques--immunomagnetic separation and polymerase chain reaction (PCR)--for the detection of Salmonella...
- Detection of hepatitis A virus in clinical and environmental samples by immunomagnetic separation and PCRC Monceyron
Department of Virology, National Institute of Public Health, Oslo, Norway
J Virol Methods 46:157-66. 1994..The above technique was shown to be useful for the detection of a laboratory strain of HAV added to polluted river water, sea water and fecal extracts...
- Improving the yield of circulating tumour cells facilitates molecular characterisation and recognition of discordant HER2 amplification in breast cancerL M Flores
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Br J Cancer 102:1495-502. 2010..Circulating tumour cells (CTCs) offer a non-invasive approach to obtain and characterise metastatic tumour cells, but their usefulness has been limited by low CTC yields from conventional isolation methods...
- Mutation analysis of BRAF and KIT in circulating melanoma cells at the single cell levelK Sakaizawa
Department of Dermatology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Br J Cancer 106:939-46. 2012..Circulating tumour cells (CTC) are present in the peripheral blood of a significant proportion of cancer patients...
- Effect of the enrichment time and immunomagnetic separation on the detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O26, O103, O111, O145 and sorbitol positive O157 from artificially inoculated cattle faecesKaren Verstraete
Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research ILVO, Technology and Food Science Unit, Brusselsesteenweg 370, 9090 Melle, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 145:106-12. 2010The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of enrichment time and immunomagnetic separation (IMS) on the efficiency of a method to isolate non-O157 Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) serotypes O26, O103, O111, O145 ..
- Specific isolation of disseminated cancer cells: a new method permitting sensitive detection of target molecules of diagnostic and therapeutic valueSiri Tveito
Department of Tumor Biology, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Montebello, 0310, Oslo, Norway
Clin Exp Metastasis 24:317-27. 2007..By use of the CellPick system it is possible to specifically isolate bead-rosetted or otherwise labelled target cells from a heterogeneous cell population for further molecular characterization...
- One-step purification of a fusion protein of glucagon-like peptide-1 and human serum albumin expressed in pichia pastoris by an immunomagnetic separation techniqueJiaqi Chen
Department of Microbiology, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Nankai University, Tianjin 30071, China
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:2655-62. 2007..Overall, this study illustrates the development of a long-acting GLP-1/HSA fusion protein expressed in Pichia pastoris...
- Phenotypic and genetic characterization of circulating tumor cells by combining immunomagnetic selection and FICTION techniquesMaria Campos
Immunology Division, Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Experimental Sciences, Campus Las Lagunillas, University of Jaen, 23071 Jaen, Spain
J Histochem Cytochem 56:667-75. 2008....
- Enrichment of rare cancer cells through depletion of normal cells using density and flow-through, immunomagnetic cell separationOscar Lara
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Exp Hematol 32:891-904. 2004....
- A novel source of viable peripheral blood mononuclear cells from leukoreduction system chambersAllan B Dietz
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55095, USA
Transfusion 46:2083-9. 2006..Buffy coats are becoming less available as a source of research-grade peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMNCs). Therefore, alternative sources of these cells were investigated...
- Isolation and enrichment of urologic tumor cells in blood samples by a semi-automated CD45 depletion autoMACS protocolAxel Meye
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Int J Oncol 21:521-30. 2002..The improved sensitivity and specificity might be of importance when applying the protocol to BS in future clinical studies...
- A sensitive method to detect Escherichia coli based on immunomagnetic separation and real-time PCR amplification of aptamersHye Jin Lee
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University, 5 1 Anam dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 713, Republic of Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 24:3550-5. 2009..It is anticipated that the present approach will be easily expanded and employed in various types of microorganism detection...
- Maximizing capture efficiency and specificity of magnetic separation for Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis cellsAntonio Foddai
Institute of Agri food and Land Use, School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7550-8. 2010..3 PFU/ml). This PMS-phage assay represents a novel, rapid method for the detection and enumeration of viable M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis organisms in milk, and potentially other sample matrices, with results available within 48 h...
- Sensitive detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in food and water by immunomagnetic separation and solid-phase laser cytometryB H Pyle
Microbiology Department, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana 59717, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:1966-72. 1999..Our objective was to determine the efficiency of bacterial detection by immunomagnetic separation (IMS) and the compatibility of IMS with cyanoditolyl tetrazolium chloride (CTC) incubation to determine ..
- Isolation of circulating cancer cells from whole blood by immunomagnetic cell enrichment and unenriched immunocytochemistry in vitroRichard E Zigeuner
Department of Urology, University of Graz, Austria
J Urol 169:701-5. 2003..We improved tumor cell detection compared with currently available immunocytochemical methods by immunomagnetic cell enrichment...
- The detection of the HLA-B27 antigen by immunomagnetic separation and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay-comparison with a flow cytometric procedureC T Chou
Division of Allergy Immunology Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Veterans General Hospital, No 201, Sec 2, Shih Pai Road, Shih Pai, Taipei, Taiwan
J Immunol Methods 255:15-22. 2001..Here, we describe a new method, IMS-ELISA, for measuring the B27-antigen. It combines immunomagnetic separation (IMS), to obtain B27-positive cells from whole blood samples, with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (..
- Clinical significance of cytokeratin 20-positive circulating tumor cells detected by a refined immunomagnetic enrichment assay in colorectal cancer patientsSze Chuen Cesar Wong
State Key Laboratory in Oncology in South China, Sir Y K Pao Centre for Cancer, Department of Clinical Oncology, Hong Kong Cancer Institute and Prince of Wales Hospital, People s Republic of China
Clin Cancer Res 15:1005-12. 2009..We attempted to overcome this drawback by developing the methodology for using a gastrointestinal-specific anti-cytokeratin (CK) 20 antibody to detect CTCs in colorectal cancer patients' blood...
- Flow cytometric characterization of myogenic cell populations obtained via the preplate technique: potential for rapid isolation of muscle-derived stem cellsR J Jankowski
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, and Bioengineering Department, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Hum Gene Ther 12:619-28. 2001..Flow cytometric described phenotypes will aid in the rapid isolation of specific donor cell populations for muscle cell transplants and muscle cell-mediated gene therapies, thereby enhancing their future success...
- Regeneration capability of Lin-/c-Kit+/Sca-1+ cells with or without radiation exposure for repopulation of peripheral blood in lethally irradiated mice monitored using Ly5.1 isotype on days 35, 90, and 270 after transplantationKensuke Otsuka
Radiation Safety Research Center, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 38:417-25. 2010....
- Immunomagnetic separation and rapid detection of bacteria using bioluminescence and microfluidicsJingmin Qiu
State Key Laboratory of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Science, P O Box 2871, Beijing 100085, China
Talanta 79:787-95. 2009This paper describes an immunomagnetic separation of target bacterial cells from others by using magnetic bead. The surface of bead was coated with antibodies which can capture specific organism...
- Specific detection of cytopathogenic Listeria monocytogenes using a two-step method of immunoseparation and cytotoxicity analysisKristen M Gray
Molecular Food Microbiology Laboratory, Department of Food Science, Purdue University, 745 Agriculture Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, United States
J Microbiol Methods 60:259-68. 2005..While immunomagnetic separation has been used for isolating Listeria spp...
- Development of a combined immunomagnetic separation and quantitative reverse transcription-PCR assay for sensitive detection of infectious rotavirus in water samplesWan Yang
State Key Joint Laboratory of Environment Simulation and Pollution Control, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Microbiol Methods 84:447-53. 2011A quantitative and rapid detection method for rotavirus in water samples was developed using immunomagnetic separation combined with quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (IMS-RT-qPCR)...
- Combination of immunomagnetic separation with real-time PCR for rapid detection of Salmonella in milk, ground beef, and alfalfa sproutsBirce Mercanoglu
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Engineering, Food Engineering Department, Beytepe, Ankara, Turkey
J Food Prot 68:557-61. 2005..in pasteurized milk, ground beef, and alfalfa sprouts was developed. The method combined immunomagnetic separation with a real-time PCR assay based on the double-stranded DNA binding dye SYBR Green I...
- Comparing recovering efficiency of immunomagnetic separation and centrifugation of mycobacteria in metalworking fluidsShu Chi Chang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan, Room 116, EWRE Bldg, 1351 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 32:629-38. 2005..We report here a comparison of immunomagnetic separation (IMS) coupled to flow-cytometric enumeration, with traditional centrifugation techniques for ..
- Separation and detection of rare cells in a microfluidic disk via negative selectionChen Lin Chen
Institute of Applied Mechanics, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Lab Chip 11:474-83. 2011..3%) and BD IMagnet (48.3%). The advantages of near-constant yield, roughly 30 min of operation, an acceptable level of cell loss, and potentially low cost system should aid in cyto-analysis of rare cells...
- Comparison of a reporter assay and immunomagnetic separation real-time reverse transcription-PCR for the detection of enteroviruses in seeded environmental water samplesYu Chen Hwang
Department of Environmental Science, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2338-40. 2007Two newly developed protocols for infective virus detection were compared to the plaque assay. An immunomagnetic separation procedure coupled with real-time reverse transcription-PCR of viral nucleic acids was developed to identify ..
- Immunomagnetic separation and detection of Salmonella cells using newly designed carriersAlena Spanová
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University Brno, Tvrdeho 14, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr A 1009:215-21. 2003..were then successfully identified using cultural and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methods after their immunomagnetic separation. The PCR sensitivity of target cell detection was negatively influenced by the presence of some ..
- Self-assembled magnetic filter for highly efficient immunomagnetic separationDavid Issadore
Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 185 Cambridge St, CPZN 5206, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lab Chip 11:147-51. 2011....
- Evaluation of an immunomagnetic separation-real-time PCR assay for the rapid detection of Salmonella in meatAngelika Notzon
Technische Universitat Munchen, Centre of Life and Food Science, Department of Animal Sciences, Institute of Animal Hygiene, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
J Food Prot 69:2896-901. 2006The aim of this study was the comparison of an immunomagnetic separation (IMS)-real-time PCR assay for the detection of Salmonella with the cultural reference method according to and 35 of the German Law on Food and Commodities (LMBG, L ..
- Detection of Escherichia coli serogroups O26, O103, O111 and O145 from bovine faeces using immunomagnetic separation and PCR/DNA probe techniquesC Jenkins
Laboratory of Enteric Pathogens, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London, NW9 5HT, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 37:207-12. 2003..was to isolate Escherichia coli O26, O103, O111 and O145 from 745 samples of bovine faeces using (i) immunomagnetic separation (IMS) beads coated with antibodies to lipopolysaccharide, and slide agglutination (SA) tests and (ii) ..
- Prophylactic transfer of CD8-depleted donor lymphocytes after T-cell-depleted reduced-intensity transplantationRalf G Meyer
Department of Medicine III, Hematology and Oncology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Blood 109:374-82. 2007..Our results suggest that prophylactic CD8-depleted DLIs accelerate immune reconstitution after lymphodepleted HLA-matched SCT and carry a low risk of inducing severe GVHD...
- A comparison of two pre-enrichment media prior to immunomagnetic separation for the isolation of E. coli O157 from bovine faecesG Foster
SAC Veterinary Science Division, Inverness, UK
J Appl Microbiol 95:155-9. 2003To compare the sensitivity of two pre-enrichment broth media prior to immunomagnetic separation for the isolation of Escherichia coli O157 from cattle faeces.
- Selection of genetically modified chicken blastodermal cells by magnetic-activated cell sortingQ Wei
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Poult Sci 80:1671-8. 2001....
- Changes in circulating carcinoma cells in patients with metastatic prostate cancer correlate with disease statusJ G Moreno
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Urology 58:386-92. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that the level of CTCs can be quantified in the circulation of patients with metastatic CAP and that the change in CTCs correlates with disease progression with no diurnal variations...
- Use of immunomagnetic separation for the detection of Desulfovibrio vulgaris from environmental samplesRomy Chakraborty
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA
J Microbiol Methods 86:204-9. 2011b>Immunomagnetic separation (IMS) has proved highly efficient for recovering microorganisms from heterogeneous samples. Current investigation targeted the separation of viable cells of the sulfate-reducing bacterium, Desulfovibrio vulgaris...
- Rapid detection of enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens in meat samples using immunomagnetic separation polymerase chain reaction (IMS-PCR)Zheng You Yang
Department of Microbiology, College of Life Science, Key Laboratory for Agriculture Microbiology, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, China
J Agric Food Chem 58:7135-40. 2010Rapid detection of enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens in meat samples was accomplished with an immunomagnetic separation polymerase chain reaction (IMS-PCR). First, a monoclonal antibody (mAb) specific to C...
- Immunomagnetic separation and PCR for detection of Mycobacterium ulceransB Roberts
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, James Cook University of North Queensland, Townsville, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 35:2709-11. 1997..Using this method, we were able to detect M. ulcerans in water samples taken from Phillip Island, Australia, the site of several outbreaks of M. ulcerans disease in recent times...
- Production and evaluation of antibodies and phage display-derived peptide ligands for immunomagnetic separation of Mycobacterium bovisLinda D Stewart
School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Medical Biology Centre, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 50:1598-605. 2012This study describes the development and optimization of an immunomagnetic separation (IMS) method to isolate Mycobacterium bovis cells from lymph node tissues. Gamma-irradiated whole M...
- CD146-based immunomagnetic enrichment followed by multiparameter flow cytometry: a new approach to counting circulating endothelial cellsA Widemann
UMR S 608 INSERM Université de la Méditerranée Laboratoire d Hématologie et d Immunologie, UFR de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
J Thromb Haemost 6:869-76. 2008..The most widely used method for their detection is CD146-based immunomagnetic separation (IMS)...
- Flow through, immunomagnetic cell separationJ J Chalmers
Department of Chemical Engineering, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Biotechnol Prog 14:141-8. 1998..Some distinct advantages of these two systems are the potential of high purity, recovery, and throughput at a cost which is potentially significantly lower than current, comparable technologies...
- CD133 immunomagnetic separation: effectiveness of the method for CD133(+) isolation from umbilical cord bloodIordanis Pelagiadis
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, University Hospital of Heraklion, University of Crete Medical School, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Cytotherapy 14:701-6. 2012..Umbilical cord blood (UCB) is a rich source of stem cells, the characterization and isolation of which requires specific stem cell markers and reliable and reproducible protocols...
- Immunomagnetic separation of Cryptosporidium parvum from source water samples of various turbiditiesZ Bukhari
Clancy Environmental Consultants, St Albans, Vermont 05478, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:4495-9. 1998b>Immunomagnetic separation (IMS) procedures which specifically capture Cryptosporidium oocysts and have the potential to isolate oocysts from debris have become commercially available...
- Immunomagnetic separation methods for the isolation of Campylobacter jejuni from ground poultry meatsL S Yu
US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Immunol Methods 256:11-8. 2001..Without pre-enrichment, this approach could detect 10(4) CFU/g of ground poultry meats. These methods represent a new approach to extracting, concentrating and isolating Campylobacter spp. directly from foods...
- Development of a fluorescent based immunosensor for the serodiagnosis of canine leishmaniasis combining immunomagnetic separation and flow cytometrySusana Sousa
Parasite Disease Group, IBMC Instituto de Biologia Molecular e Celular, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2371. 2013..As a challenging model, we used canine leishmaniasis due to the unsatisfactory sensitivity associated with the detection of infection in asymptomatic animals where the levels of pathogen-specific antibodies are scarce...
- On-chip dual detection of cancer biomarkers directly in serum based on self-assembled magnetic bead patterns and quantum dotsXu Yu
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Biology and Medicine Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Molecular Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Biosens Bioelectron 41:129-36. 2013..The linear ranges were from 10.0 ng/mL to 800.0 ng/mL. With the high sensitivity, high selectivity and short assay time, this approach could be used for rapid, high throughput detection of cancer biomarkers in clinical trials...
- Novel antibody/gold nanoparticle/magnetic nanoparticle nanocomposites for immunomagnetic separation and rapid colorimetric detection of Staphylococcus aureus in milkYun Ju Sung
Immune Therapy Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, 125 Gwahak ro, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 806, South Korea
Biosens Bioelectron 43:432-9. 2013..With the use of the appropriate antibodies, our immunomagnetic nanocomposites-based detection strategy can provide an easy, convenient, and rapid sensing method for a wide range of pathogens...
- Rapid detection of norovirus from fresh lettuce using immunomagnetic separation and a quantum dots assayHee Min Lee
Department of Food Science and Technology and Functional Food Research Center, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
J Food Prot 76:707-11. 2013..We developed an immunomagnetic separation (IMS) and a quantum dots (QDs) assay to detect norovirus eluted from fresh lettuce with Tris buffer ..
- Improved detection of Mycobacterium bovis infection in bovine lymph node tissue using immunomagnetic separation (IMS)-based methodsLinda D Stewart
Institute for Global Food Security, School of Biological Sciences, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e58374. 2013b>Immunomagnetic separation (IMS) can selectively isolate and concentrate Mycobacterium bovis cells from lymph node tissue to facilitate subsequent detection by PCR (IMS-PCR) or culture (IMS-MGIT)...
- Circulating melanoma cells in peripheral blood of patients with uveal melanoma before and after different therapies and association with prognostic parameters: a pilot studyDaniela Suesskind
Centre for Ophthalmology, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Germany
Acta Ophthalmol 89:17-24. 2011..To evaluate whether tumour therapy for malignant uveal melanoma leads to a shedding of melanoma cells into the systemic circulation...
- Rapid multitarget immunomagnetic separation through programmable DNA linker displacementChristine E Probst
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:17126-9. 2011b>Immunomagnetic separation has become an essential tool for high-throughput and low-cost isolation of biomolecules and cells from heterogeneous samples...
- Simultaneous detection of multifood-borne pathogenic bacteria based on functionalized quantum dots coupled with immunomagnetic separation in food samplesYu Zhao
Department of Chemistry, Life and Environment Science College, Shanghai Normal University, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 57:517-24. 2009..This method, of which the detection procedures are completed within 2 h, can be applied to the rapid and cost-effective monitoring of bacterial contamination in food samples...
- Examination of diarrheal stools in Hat Yai City, South Thailand, for Escherichia coli O157 and other diarrheagenic Escherichia coli using immunomagnetic separation and PCR methodSineenart Kalnauwakul
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 38:871-80. 2007..in southern Thailand, were examined for Escherichia coli O157 by the culture method combined with an immunomagnetic separation (IMS) technique. E...
- Visualization of circulating melanoma cells in peripheral blood of patients with primary uveal melanomaAnja Ulmer
Department of Dermatology and University Eye Hospital, Centre for Ophthalmology, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:4469-74. 2008..Here, we sought to isolate circulating melanoma cells in peripheral blood of patients with primary uveal melanoma and clinically localized disease...
- Evaluation of paramagnetic beads coated with recombinant Listeria phage endolysin-derived cell-wall-binding domain proteins for separation of Listeria monocytogenes from raw milk in combination with culture-based and real-time polymerase chain reaction-baGeorg Walcher
Milk Technology and Food Science, Department of Farm Animals and Veterinary Public Health, Institute for Milk Hygiene, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1019-24. 2010..987). The detection limit of the combined cell-wall-binding domain proteins/real-time PCR approach ranged from 10(2) to 10(3) colony forming units per milliliter, which is close to the theoretical detection limit of the method...
- Improvement of the immunomagnetic separation method selective for Escherichia coli O157 strainsT Tomoyasu
Department of Microbiology, Kobe Institute of Health, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:376-82. 1998b>Immunomagnetic separation is a useful enrichment method selective for Escherichia coli O157 cells against non-O157 E. coli cells from a preenrichment culture. However, E. coli cells are adsorbed onto a solid surface nonspecifically...
- Evaluation of antibodies for immunomagnetic separation combined with flow cytometry detection of Listeria monocytogenesYong Soo Jung
Center for Food Safety, Department of Food Science and Technology, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 7610, USA
J Food Prot 66:1283-7. 2003..were evaluated for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes in direct and indirect assays using immunomagnetic separation with flow cytometry. The efficiency of immunocapturing using magnetic beads was also determined...
- Automated immunomagnetic separation and microarray detection of E. coli O157:H7 from poultry carcass rinseD P Chandler
Analytical Microbiology Group, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 70:143-54. 2001..the development and application of an electromagnetic flow cell and fluidics system for automated immunomagnetic separation (IMS) of Escherichia coli O157:H7 directly from poultry carcass rinse...
- Optimization and evaluation of a modified enrichment procedure combined with immunomagnetic separation for detection of E. coli O157:H7 from artificially contaminated alfalfa sproutsStephen D Weagant
Food and Drug Administration, Retired, Poulsbo, WA, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 149:209-17. 2011..of this study was to develop and optimize an enrichment protocol with and without post-enrichment immunomagnetic separation (IMS) for the rapid detection by real-time PCR (RTiPCR) and cultural recovery of E...
- Rapid and quantitative detection of Legionella pneumophila applying immunomagnetic separation and flow cytometryHans Peter Füchslin
Eawag Swiss Federal Institute for Aquatic Science and Technology, Dubendorf, Switzerland
Cytometry A 77:264-74. 2010..pneumophila in 180 min with a detection limit of around 500 cells/l and a recovery of Legionella cells of 52.1 % out of spiked tap water. Fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometric cell-counting correlated well...
- Isolation of proximal and distal tubule cells from human kidney by immunomagnetic separation. Technical noteP C Baer
Department of Internal Medicine IV, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Kidney Int 52:1321-31. 1997..3x the basal level). The data of this study indicate the proximal and distal tubule origin of the cultured cells that were isolated according to their segment-specific antigens...
- Ultra-highly sensitive and wash-free bio-detection of H5N1 virus by immunomagnetic reduction assaysS Y Yang
Institute of Electro optical Science and Technology, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei 116, Taiwan
J Virol Methods 153:250-2. 2008..The results confirmed the ultra-high sensitivity of the immunomagnetic reduction assay on H5N1...
- Rapid detection of total and viable Legionella pneumophila in tap water by immunomagnetic separation, double fluorescent staining and flow cytometryHans Anton Keserue
Swiss Federal Institute for Aquatic Science and Technology Eawag, Uberlandstrasse 133, CH 8600, Dubendorf, Switzerland
Microb Biotechnol 5:753-63. 2012We developed a rapid detection method for Legionella pneumophila (Lp) by filtration, immunomagnetic separation, double fluorescent staining, and flow cytometry (IMS-FCM method)...
- The optimization of isolation media used in immunomagnetic separation methods for the detection of Escherichia coli O157 in foodsI D Ogden
Applied Food Microbiology Group, Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Aberdeen, UK
J Appl Microbiol 91:373-9. 2001To compare media used in immunomagnetic separation (IMS) techniques for the isolation of Escherichia coli O157 from food.
- Evaluation of immunomagnetic separation in combination with ALOA Listeria chromogenic agar for the isolation and identification of Listeria monocytogenes in ready-to-eat foodsShaila Wadud
Laboratory Services Division, University of Guelph, 95 stone Rd West, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 8J7
J Microbiol Methods 81:153-9. 2010A study was conducted to evaluate the performance of the ALOA (chromogenic media) in combination with immunomagnetic separation (IMS) for the detection of Listeria monocytogenes in ready-to-eat food products...
- Immunomagnetic CD45 depletion does not improve cytokeratin 20 RT-PCR in colorectal cancerChristoph Ausch
Department of Surgery, Ludwig Boltzmann Research Institute of Surgical Oncology, Danube Hospital SMZ Ost, Vienna, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:351-6. 2007....
- Development of Listeria monocytogenes-specific immunomagnetic beads using a single-chain antibody fragmentGeorge C Paoli
Microbial Biophysics and Residue Chemistry Research Unit, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Wyndmoor, PA 19038 8598, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 4:74-83. 2007..monocytogenes than were observed for the anti-Listeria IMBs (0.05-3.35%); also, the anti-L. monocytogenes scFv-IMBs exhibited improved specificity for L. monocytogenes as determined by cell capture efficiency in pure and mixed cultures...
- Immunomagnetic detection of micrometastatic cells in bone marrow of colorectal cancer patientsKjersti Flatmark
Department of Tumor Biology, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310 Oslo, Norway
Clin Cancer Res 8:444-9. 2002..Furthermore, that screening of 2 x 10(7) MNCs in a BM sample can be completed in <3 h makes the method an attractive alternative to other techniques...
- A comparison of immunomagnetic separation and culture, Reveal and VIP for the detection of E. coli O157 in enrichment cultures of naturally-contaminated raw beef, lamb and mixed meat productsP A Chapman
Public Health Laboratory, Sheffield, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 32:171-5. 2001..coli O157 after enrichment culture and immunomagnetic separation (IMS) performed on various naturally contaminated raw beef, lamb and mixed meat products.
- The biological information obtainable from circulating tumor cellsMassimo Cristofanilli
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230, USA
Breast 18:S38-40. 2009..detection of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) in metastatic breast cancer (MBC) is possible by using immunomagnetic separation and subsequent characterization with the CellSpotter analyzer (Veridex LLC, a Johnson & Johnson ..
- Sensitivity of Escherichia coli O157 detection in bovine feces assessed by broth enrichment followed by immunomagnetic separation and direct plating methodologiesJeffrey T Lejeune
Food Animal Health Research Program, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, 1680 Madison Ave, Wooster, Ohio 44691, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:872-5. 2006..agar supplemented with nalidixic acid (MACnal) and compared to overnight broth enrichment followed by immunomagnetic separation (IMS) and to direct plating of dilutions of bovine feces onto sorbitol MacConkey agar containing ..
- Discontinuous Percoll gradient centrifugation combined with immunomagnetic separation obviates the need for erythrocyte lysis and yields isolated eosinophils with minimal granule abnormalitiesMonika Malm-Erjefalt
Department of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, Lund University Hospital, University of Lund, F blocket, Lund S 221 85, Sweden
J Immunol Methods 288:99-109. 2004..that the granule abnormalities seen following erythrocyte lysis were further increased following immunomagnetic separation. However, when erythrocyte lysis was omitted, by use of a two-layered Percoll gradient (1.076 g/ml/1...
- Development of an immunomagnetic bead-immunoliposome fluorescence assay for rapid detection of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in aqueous samples and comparison of the assay with a standard microbiological methodThomas R DeCory
Department of Food Science and Technology, Cornell University, Geneva
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:1856-64. 2005..These results demonstrate the feasibility of using immunomagnetic beads in combination with sulforhodamine B-encapsulating immunoliposomes for the rapid detection of E. coli O157:H7 in aqueous samples...
- Detection of E. coli in beach water within 1 hour using immunomagnetic separation and ATP bioluminescenceJiyoung Lee
Department of Environmental Health Science, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, 109 S Observatory, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Luminescence 19:31-6. 2004..A rapid method for testing beach water for Escherichia coli within 1 h has been developed. Immunomagnetic separation (IMS) and ATP bioluminescence were used for selective capture and quantification, respectively...
- Rapid detection of stressed Salmonella spp. in dairy and egg products using immunomagnetic separation and PCRN Rijpens
Agricultural Research Centre, Department for Animal Product Quality, Melle, Belgium
Int J Food Microbiol 46:37-44. 1999The rapid detection of an average of 5.9 stressed Salmonella cells in 25 g of food product using immunomagnetic separation (IMS) and PCR is described...
- Rapid detection of Escherichia coli and enterococci in recreational water using an immunomagnetic separation/adenosine triphosphate techniqueR N Bushon
U S Geological Survey, Ohio Water Science Center, Columbus, OH, USA
J Appl Microbiol 106:432-41. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine a rapid method for detecting Escherichia coli and enterococci in recreational water...
- Detection of Toxoplasma gondii in water by an immunomagnetic separation method targeting the sporocystsAurélien Dumètre
Faculte de Medecine, EA3174 Neuroparasitologie et Neuroépidémiologie Tropicale, Limoges, France
Parasitol Res 101:989-96. 2007An immunomagnetic separation (IMS) method was developed to detect Toxoplasma gondii in fresh waters by using the monoclonal antibody 4B6 targeting the sporocyst wall of T...
- Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy combined with immunomagnetic separation as a tool to discriminate Salmonella serovarsSílvia De Lamo-Castellví
Departament d Enginyeria Quimica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Avinguda Païssos Catalans, 26 Campus Sescelades, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Analyst 135:2987-92. 2010..study was to develop a method for the rapid detection and differentiation of Salmonella serovars using immunomagnetic separation (IMS) combined with Fourier-Transform Infrared (FT-IR) microspectroscopy and multivariate analysis...
- Optimization of immunomagnetic separation for cord blood-derived hematopoietic stem cellsTuija Kekarainen
Finnish Red Cross Blood Service, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Cell Biol 7:30. 2006..Protocols developed for the enrichment of peripheral blood-derived stem cells have been found to be suboptimal for cord blood...
- Detection of Salmonella in food samples by the combination of immunomagnetic separation and PCR assayG Jenikova
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
Int Microbiol 3:225-9. 2000A combination of immunomagnetic separation and polymerase chain reaction (IMS-PCR) was used to detect Salmonella in food samples. Pre-enrichment of samples was combined with filtration through a membrane for the removal of food debris...
- When pigs fly: immunomagnetic separation facilitates rapid determination of Pig-a mutant frequency by flow cytometric analysisStephen D Dertinger
Litron Laboratories, Rochester, NY, USA
Mutat Res 721:163-70. 2011..Beyond considerably enhancing the throughput capacity of the analytical platform, these blood-processing procedures were also shown to enhance the precision of the measurements...
- Escherichia coli O157 in cattle and sheep at slaughter, on beef and lamb carcasses and in raw beef and lamb products in South Yorkshire, UKP A Chapman
Public Health Laboratory, Sheffield, UK
Int J Food Microbiol 64:139-50. 2001..All samples were examined for E. coli O157 by enrichment culture, immunomagnetic separation and culture of magnetic particles onto cefixime tellurite sorbitol MacConkey agar...
- High Performance Magnetic Cell SortingJEFFREY CHALMERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoscale Optofluidic Pathogen DetectionDavid Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2009..the device will be applied to clinical diagnostics and will incorporate sample preparation steps such as immunomagnetic separation, RNA extraction and pre- concentration prior to sensor analysis...
- FERN Microbiological Cooperative Agreement Program in TexasGRACE KUBIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The laboratory currently has staff with extensive expertise in real time PCR, analysis of pathogens, immunomagnetic separation, ELFA and ELISA techniques for food and environmental samples...
- Immunomagnetic Diffractometry for Rapid Biomolecular DetectionCagri Savran; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed system is based on immunomagnetic separation and diffractometry whose combination has not yet been explored...
- Generation of Reagents for E. bieneusi Genome SequencingSaul Tzipori; Fiscal Year: 2003..2. Develop immunomagnetic separation (IMS) procedure to concentrate, and purify large quantities of spores from stools of patients ..
- DENDRITIC CELL IMMUNIZATION OF PRETERM NEONATESKurt Schibler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Methods: Dendritic cells will be obtained from cord blood and adult blood using immunomagnetic separation techniques...
- Magnetic nanobeads for cancer cell selectionArfaan Rampersaud; Fiscal Year: 2006..QMS is a flow-through immunomagnetic separation system that can provide sensitive enrichment of circulating cancer cells in blood as well as other ..
- TEST FOR VEROTOXIC E COLI TO PREVENT FOODBORNE INFECTIONBARRY PYLE; Fiscal Year: 1999..Montana ImmunoTech has demonstrated the feasibility of using immunomagnetic separation technology that, in a single test, captures and identifies verotoxic VTEC from meat...
- Trafficking, persistence and evolution of HIV in the CNSPeter Simmonds; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- NITRIC OXIDE AS A TUMOR DEFENSEWolfram Samlowski; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed experiments will employ immunohistology, flow cytometry, and immunomagnetic separation techniques to identify activated cell populations within tumors and in normal tissues of wild type and ..
- Prognostic Marker Analysis of Disseminated Cancer CellsRebecca Aft; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have successfully used both double immunostaining and immunomagnetic separation to detect breast cancer cells in model systems of bone marrow containing DTC...
- In vivo mutation assay based on pig-a locusStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Automation of the vitro Micronucleus AssayStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Measuring Cytogenetic Damage in Human BloodStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Rapid Screen for Genotoxicants, Chemoprotectors, and RadioprotectorsStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, this assay can be used to investigate agents designed to ameliorate the effects of radiation exposure, e.g. biological response modifiers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Versatile Mutation Assay PlatformStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High Throughput Radiation BiodosimetryStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to develop such a radiation biodosimetry assay based on the extremely high analysis rates that are possible with flow cytometry instrumentation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Assay and Instrument Development for Diagnosis of Prion DiseasePeixuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Current tests are all postmortem assays using brain tissue. This proposal is to develop a sensitive blood test to detect the disease in its early stage. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of Vaccine for Neisseria gonorrhoeaePeixuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2005..The data from this project will provide fundamental information for understanding the role of this protein in N. gonorrhoeae and the possibility to develop a gonococcal vaccine. ..
- Rapid Detection of Major Food-borne PathogensPeixuan Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2003..The instrument will be redesigned to be more compact and portable, and assays developed for use outside a laboratory setting. Tests will be performed on location where these foods are produced, transported and/or prepared. ..
- Protective Activity of a Multi-Functional ImmunogenEDMUND GOSSELIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, these studies and this vaccine strategy will be applicable to vaccines against a wide variety of pathogens in adult, pediatric, and immunocompromised populations. ..
- Microfluidic Channels for High Density, High Performance Culture AssaysDavid Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..As part of these studies, we will demonstrate a 25X reduction in the number of animals required for typical 24 well plate cell-based studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Study of Progenitor Regulation in Mouse Mammary GlandDavid Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a model would have a significant impact on breast cancer research. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- Development of Protein-Detecting MicroarraysThomas Kodadek; Fiscal Year: 2002..If successful, we will then move to apply these technologies to the creation and evaluation of functional PDMs. ..
- MONOCLONAL ITP AUTOANTIBODIES--PARADIGM FOR AUTOIMMUNITYDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, the proposed approach may be applied to the understanding of other autoimmune disorders. ..
- Investigation into human IL4I1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HIV and Neutrophil Function in Oral DiseaseLarry Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2003..As such, the results may provide an additional target to enhance innate immunity within the oral cavity and also to decrease the vertical transmission of HIV in breast milk. ..
- Department of Pathology LSR2 CytometerFrederic Preffer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The laboratory has the documented financial support of both the Department of Pathology and MGH administration. ..
- Neutrophils and HIV-1 infectionLarry Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is predicted that the results of this study will provide a basis for expanded and detailed analysis for potential and previously unrecognized involvement of neutrophils in HIV-1 transmission and disease. ..
- Beta glucan enhances antibody therapy for neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings will have general implications for antibody and vaccine strategies in human cancer models, and the role of polysaccharides as complementary/herbal medicine in immune-based therapies. ..
- NANOSCALE IRON PHASES IN NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASESJon Dobson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Pl's combination of skills and experience related to the research proposed here is unique and unavailable in the US. ..
- Translational Immunology Core's FACSAria Cell SorterFrederic Preffer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Advances in medicine based on similar past work today permit curative kidney and bone marrow transplantations as well as treatments for certain autoimmune and infectious disease. ..
- Imaging of O6-Alkylguanine-DNA AlkyltransferaseGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this proposal seeks to determine whether the development of a suitable agent for the imaging of tumor AGT will facilitate chemotherapy planning, thereby improving the outcome of alkylator chemotherapy. ..
- A novel set of molecular markers to measure metastatic neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Armed with the tools to collect samples expeditiously and to measure MRD accurately, the paradigm of treating subclinical NB can then be tested in multicenter randomized studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INVESTIGATION INTO THE FUNCTION OF FIG1Charles Chu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Phage Display Tools for Automated Blood TypingDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Diagnosis of Defective Memory Differentiation in Tumor-Specific T CellsWILLIAM HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will help identify the molecular basis for defective tumor-specific immunity, and provide a novel assay to predict immune response to cancer immunotherapy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- First International Inflammatory Breast Cancer ConferenceMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2008..For project details please see "Conference Plan". [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor Antigen Discovery in ALL by Expression ProfilingWILLIAM HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2006..This training will form the foundation of my career in translational research. ..