Genomes and Genes
Summary: The making of a radiograph of an object or tissue by recording on a photographic plate the radiation emitted by radioactive material within the object. (Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Association fibre pathways of the brain: parallel observations from diffusion spectrum imaging and autoradiographyJeremy D Schmahmann
Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston MA 02114, USA
Brain 130:630-53. 2007..By replicating the major features of these tracts identified by histological techniques in monkey, we show that DSI has the potential to cast new light on the organization of the human brain in the normal state and in clinical disorders...
- Activated MAO-B in the brain of Alzheimer patients, demonstrated by [11C]-L-deprenyl using whole hemisphere autoradiographyBalazs Gulyas
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurochem Int 58:60-8. 2011....
- Combining catalyzed reporter deposition-fluorescence in situ hybridization and microautoradiography to detect substrate utilization by bacteria and Archaea in the deep oceanEva Teira
Department of Biological Oceanography, Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, P O Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, Texel, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:4411-4. 2004....
- Receptor architecture of human cingulate cortex: evaluation of the four-region neurobiological modelNicola Palomero-Gallagher
Institute of Neurosciences and Biophysics Medicine, Research Centre Julich, Julich, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 30:2336-55. 2009..For the first time, this study performs multireceptor autoradiography of 15 neurotransmitter receptor ligands and multivariate statistics on human whole brain postmortem samples ..
- Alterations of muscarinic and GABA receptor binding in the posterior cingulate cortex in schizophreniaKelly A Newell
Department of Biomedical Science, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, NSW 2522, Australia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:225-33. 2007..Therefore, in the present study we used quantitative autoradiography to investigate the binding of [(3)H]pirenzepine, [(3)H]AF-DX 384 and [(3)H]muscimol, which respectively label ..
- Antiabsence effects of safranal in acute experimental seizure models: EEG and autoradiographyHamid R Sadeghnia
Department of Pharmacology, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Pharm Pharm Sci 11:1-14. 2008..We examined the effect of safranal, a constituent of Crocus sativus, in acute experimental animal models of generalized absence seizures...
- Evaluation of the PBR/TSPO radioligand [(18)F]DPA-714 in a rat model of focal cerebral ischemiaAbraham Martin
INSERM U803, Orsay, France
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:230-41. 2010..In vitro autoradiography confirmed these in vivo results...
- Distinct parietal and temporal pathways to the homologues of Broca's area in the monkeyMichael Petrides
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS Biol 7:e1000170. 2009..The results throw new light on the prelinguistic precursor circuitry of Broca's region and help understand functional interactions between Broca's ventrolateral frontal region and posterior parietal and temporal association areas...
- Transmitter receptors and functional anatomy of the cerebral cortexKarl Zilles
Institute of Medicine, Research Center Julich, Germany
J Anat 205:417-32. 2004..Serial cryostat sections through whole human hemispheres were used for quantitative receptor autoradiography. The regional and laminar densities of numerous receptors of classic transmitter systems were analysed...
- Absolute quantification of regional cerebral glucose utilization in mice by 18F-FDG small animal PET scanning and 2-14C-DG autoradiographyHiroshi Toyama
Molecular Imaging Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Nucl Med 45:1398-405. 2004..In addition, we compared the rCMR(glc) values under isoflurane, ketamine and xylazine anesthesia, and awake states...
- VMAT2 and dopamine neuron loss in a primate model of Parkinson's diseaseMing Kai Chen
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurochem 105:78-90. 2008..Genetic or environmental factors that decrease VMAT2 function may be important determinants of PD...
- Measuring nicotinic receptors with characteristics of alpha4beta2, alpha3beta2 and alpha3beta4 subtypes in rat tissues by autoradiographyDavid C Perry
Department of Pharmacology, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Neurochem 82:468-81. 2002Comparison of [125I]epibatidine and 5-[125I]iodo-3-(2-azetidinylmethoxy)pyridine ([125I]A-85380) autoradiography showed evidence for nicotinic receptor heterogeneity...
- Quantifying substrate uptake by individual cells of marine bacterioplankton by catalyzed reporter deposition fluorescence in situ hybridization combined with microautoradiographyEva Sintes
Department of Biological Oceanography, Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research NIOZ, P O Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, Texel, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:7022-8. 2006..Therefore, this approach allows comparisons of single-cell activities for bacterial communities obtained from different sites or growing under different ecological conditions...
- Quantitative measurement of regional cerebrovascular reactivity to acetazolamide using 123I-N-isopropyl-p-iodoamphetamine autoradiography with SPECT: validation study using H2 15O with PETKuniaki Ogasawara
Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Medical University, 19 1 Uchimaru, Morioka 020 8505, Japan
J Nucl Med 44:520-5. 2003A simplified technique using (123)I-N-isopropyl-p-iodoamphetamine ((123)I-IMP) autoradiography (ARG) with SPECT has been proposed recently for quantifying regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF)...
- Renewal of the rabbit corneal epithelium as investigated by autoradiography after intravitreal injection of 3H-thymidineA Haddad
Departamento de Morfologia, Faculdade de Medicina, USP, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brasil
Cornea 19:378-83. 2000..To evaluate the renewal time of the rabbit corneal epithelium and to verify whether there are differences in the rate of renewal related to the topography of the cornea...
- Drugs in the brain--cellular imaging with receptor microscopic autoradiographyWalter E Stumpf
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC 27516, USA
Prog Histochem Cytochem 47:1-26. 2012For cell and tissue localization of drugs, receptor microscopic autoradiography is reviewed, including its development history, multiple testing, extensive applications and significant discoveries...
- Selective alterations in gene expression for NMDA receptor subunits in prefrontal cortex of schizophrenicsS Akbarian
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine 92717, USA
J Neurosci 16:19-30. 1996..In schizophrenics, the alterations in expression of NR2 subunit mRNA in prefrontal cortex are potential indicators of deficits in NMDA receptor-mediated neurotransmission accompanying functional hypoactivity of the frontal lobes...
- [3H]4-(dimethylamino)-N-(4-(4-(2-methoxyphenyl)piperazin-1-yl) butyl)benzamide: a selective radioligand for dopamine D(3) receptors. II. Quantitative analysis of dopamine D(3) and D(2) receptor density ratio in the caudate-putamenJinbin Xu
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Synapse 64:449-59. 2010..In this study, WC-10 was radiolabeled with tritium (specific activity = 80 Ci/mmol), and quantitative autoradiography studies were conducted using rhesus monkey and Sprague-Dawley rat brain sections...
- Comparison of 99mTc- and 18F-ubiquicidin autoradiography to anti-Staphylococcus aureus immunofluorescence in rat muscle abscessesDagmar Salber
C and O Vogt Institute of Brain Research, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Nucl Med 49:995-9. 2008..We compared the distribution of 99mTc-UBI 29-41, the potential PET tracers 18F-UBI 29-41 and 18F-UBI 28-41, and 3H-deoxyglucose (DG) in rat muscle abscesses to that of anti-Staphylococcus aureus immunofluorescent imaging...
- Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in rat forebrain that bind ¹⁸F-nifene: relating PET imaging, autoradiography, and behaviorKasia M Bieszczad
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Synapse 66:418-34. 2012..We then examined the distribution of ¹⁸F-nifene in rat using three methods: in vivo PET, ex vivo PET and autoradiography. Generally, ¹⁸F-nifene labeled forebrain regions known to contain nAChRs, and the three methods produced ..
- Visualization of 2-arachidonoylglycerol accumulation and cannabinoid CB1 receptor activity in rat brain cryosections by functional autoradiographyVille A B Palomäki
Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
J Neurochem 101:972-81. 2007..fluoride results in endocannabinoid-mediated CB(1) receptor activity, which can be visualized by functional autoradiography. URB597, a specific inhibitor of anandamide hydrolysis proved ineffective...
- Assessment of microPET performance in analyzing the rat brain under different types of anesthesia: comparison between quantitative data obtained with microPET and ex vivo autoradiographyAkira Matsumura
Department of Physiology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Neuroimage 20:2040-50. 2003..The aim of this study was to compare the results obtained by microPET with those by ex vivo autoradiography of rat brain slices, based on the 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) method, and to establish the optimal ..
- Endogenous opioids upregulate brain-derived neurotrophic factor mRNA through delta- and micro-opioid receptors independent of antidepressant-like effectsHuina Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Eur J Neurosci 23:984-94. 2006....
- Early delineation of ischemic tissue in rat brain cryosections by high-contrast stainingJ Vogel
Department of Physiology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 30:1134-41. 1999..We describe a high-contrast silver infarct staining (SIS) method that allows an early delineation of ischemic tissue as soon as 2 hours after middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) in rat brain cryosections...
- Oxytocin and vasopressin receptor distributions in a solitary and a social species of tuco-tuco (Ctenomys haigi and Ctenomys sociabilis)Annaliese K Beery
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Comp Neurol 507:1847-59. 2008..We performed receptor autoradiography to assess whether forebrain oxytocin receptor (OTR) or vasopressin V1a receptor (V1aR) distributions differed ..
- Imaging hypoxia after oxygenation-modification: comparing [18F]FMISO autoradiography with pimonidazole immunohistochemistry in human xenograft tumorsEsther G C Troost
Department of Radiation Oncology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 80:157-64. 2006..Aim of this study was to validate [(18)F]FMISO against the clinically most widely used hypoxic cell marker pimonidazole under different oxygenation conditions...
- [(125)I]-(Pyr(1))Apelin-13 is a novel radioligand for localizing the APJ orphan receptor in human and rat tissues with evidence for a vasoconstrictor role in manS D Katugampola
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Cambridge, Level 6, Centre for Clinical Investigation, Box 110, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, CB2 2QQ
Br J Pharmacol 132:1255-60. 2001..93+/-0.05. 4. [(125)I]-(Pyr(1))Apelin-13 binding sites were localized using autoradiography to human cardiovascular tissue, including coronary artery, aorta and saphenous vein grafts...
- AZD2184: a radioligand for sensitive detection of beta-amyloid depositsAllan E Johnson
Disease Biology, AstraZeneca R and D, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Neurochem 108:1177-86. 2009..4 +/- 1.0 nM). Two minutes after i.v. administration in rats, about 1% of the dose was in brain. In vitro autoradiography on cortical brain sections from amyloid-beta precursor protein/presenilin 1 (APP/PS1) mice and AD patients ..
- Early life adversity programs changes in central 5-HT neuronal function in adulthoodSarah E Gartside
Psychobiology Research Group, School of Neurology, Neurobiology and Psychiatry, University of Newcastle, The Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Eur J Neurosci 17:2401-8. 2003..Similar effects in humans may contribute to the increased incidence of psychiatric illness in individuals exposed to early life adversity...
- Broca's region: novel organizational principles and multiple receptor mappingKatrin Amunts
Research Centre Julich, Institute for Neuroscience and Medicine INM 1, INM 2, Julich, Germany
PLoS Biol 8:. 2010..The distribution patterns of six receptor types using in vitro receptor autoradiography revealed previously unknown areas: a ventral precentral transitional cortex 6r1, dorsal and ventral areas 44d ..
- Organizational principles of human visual cortex revealed by receptor mappingSimon B Eickhoff
C and O Vogt Institute of Brain Research, University of Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Cereb Cortex 18:2637-45. 2008..We argue that these anatomical and functional differences may be regarded as the result of an evolutionary optimization adapting to the processing of the most relevant stimuli occurring in the upper and lower visual fields...
- Correlation of [18F]FMISO autoradiography and pimonidazole [corrected] immunohistochemistry in human head and neck carcinoma xenograftsEsther G C Troost
Department of Radiation Oncology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1803-11. 2008..A series of ten human head and neck xenograft tumour lines was used to validate [(18)F]FMISO as hypoxia marker at the microregional level...
- Dopamine D2 receptors and transporters in type 1 and 2 alcoholics measured with human whole hemisphere autoradiographyErkki Tupala
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Niuvanniemi Hospital, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Hum Brain Mapp 20:91-102. 2003..in Cloninger type 1 and 2 alcoholics by using [(125)I]epidepride in human postmortem whole hemispheric autoradiography (WHA), which provides high-resolution images corresponding to positron emission tomographic (PET) studies...
- Relationship between the appearance of symptoms and the level of nigrostriatal degeneration in a progressive 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine-lesioned macaque model of Parkinson's diseaseE Bezard
Manchester Movement Disorder Laboratory, Division of Neuroscience, School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:6853-61. 2001....
- Subdivisions of human parietal area 5 revealed by quantitative receptor autoradiography: a parietal region between motor, somatosensory, and cingulate cortical areasFilip Scheperjans
C and O Vogt Brain Research Institute, University of Dusseldorf, PO Box 10 10 07, 40001 Dusseldorf, Germany
Neuroimage 25:975-92. 2005..serotoninergic: 5-HT1A, 5-HT2; dopaminergic: D1) in human postmortem brains by means of quantitative receptor autoradiography, since the structural and functional aspects of human BA 5 are widely unknown, and previous observations have ..
- Effect of chronic ethanol and withdrawal on the mu-opioid receptor- and 5-Hydroxytryptamine(1A) receptor-stimulated binding of [(35)S]Guanosine-5'-O-(3-thio)triphosphate in the fawn-hooded rat brain: A quantitative autoradiography studyF Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 293:159-65. 2000..By quantitative autoradiography, receptor-mediated [(35)S]GTPgammaS binding activated by the two agonists was mapped throughout brain ..
- Comparison of drug distribution images from whole-body thin tissue sections obtained using desorption electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry and autoradiographyVilmos Kertesz
Organic and Biological Mass Spectrometry Group, Chemical Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831 6131, USA
Anal Chem 80:5168-77. 2008Desorption electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (DESI-MS/MS) and whole-body autoradiography (WBA) were used for chemical imaging of whole-body thin tissue sections of mice intravenously dosed with propranolol (7.5 mg/kg)...
- Positron-emission tomography imaging of the angiotensin II subtype 1 receptor in swine renal artery stenosisJinsong Xia
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Hypertension 51:466-73. 2008..to investigate the AT(1)R in vivo with positron-emission tomography (PET) and in vitro with quantitative autoradiography. AT(1)R PET measurements were performed with the radioligand [(11)C]KR31173 in 11 control pigs and in 13 pigs ..
- Bioimaging of copper alterations in the aging mouse brain by autoradiography, laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry and immunohistochemistryLi Ming Wang
Department of Radiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Metallomics 2:348-53. 2010..Active uptake of (67)Cu in the brain was measured at 24 h by digital phosphor autoradiography. Cerebral superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD-1) and cytochrome-C oxidase subunit-1 (CCO-1) levels were analyzed by ..
- Quantitative autoradiography of adenosine receptors and NBTI-sensitive adenosine transporters in the brains and spinal cords of mice deficient in the mu-opioid receptor geneAlexis Bailey
Pharmacology Group, School of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
Brain Res 943:68-79. 2002..The results suggest there may be functional interactions between mu-receptors and A(1) adenosine receptors as well as NBTI-sensitive adenosine transporters in the brain but not in the spinal cord...
- 2-Alkylthio-substituted platelet P2Y12 receptor antagonists reveal pharmacological identity between the rat brain Gi-linked ADP receptors and P2Y12Kati S Vasiljev
Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, P O Box 1627, 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Neuropharmacology 45:145-54. 2003..The pharmacology of this receptor is well characterized. Based on the functional approach of [35S]GTPgammaS autoradiography, we recently disclosed the widespread presence of Gi-linked ADP receptors in the rat nervous system...
- Statistical parametric mapping applied to an autoradiographic study of cerebral activation during treadmill walking in ratsPeter T Nguyen
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Neuroimage 23:252-9. 2004..The SPM approach offers the ability to perform a semi-automated whole-brain analysis, and coupled with autoradiography, provides an effective means to globally localize functional activity in small animals.
- Decline of striatal dopamine release in parkin-deficient mice shown by ex vivo autoradiographyShigeto Sato
Department of Neurology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosci Res 84:1350-7. 2006..mice to assess the status of DA signaling pathway and examine DA release and DA receptor by ex vivo autoradiography. Ex vivo autoradiography using [11C]raclopride showed a clear decrease in endogenous DA release after ..
- Intra-nigral MPTP lesion in rats: behavioral and autoradiography studiesJuliana C Perry
Universidade Federal do Parana, Setor de Ciencias Biologicas, Departamento de Farmacologia, Av Francisco H dos Santos s n, CEP 81 531 990, Caixa Postal 19031, Curitiba Parana, Brazil
Exp Neurol 195:322-9. 2005..An autoradiography approach indicated that there was a reduction in [3H]SCH 23390 binding in substantia nigra pars compacta (..
- (64)Cu-ATSM and (18)FDG PET uptake and (64)Cu-ATSM autoradiography in spontaneous canine tumors: comparison with pimonidazole hypoxia immunohistochemistryAnders E Hansen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Radiat Oncol 7:89. 2012..study was to compare (64)Cu-diacetyl-bis(N(4)-methylsemicarbazone) ((64)Cu-ATSM) and (18)FDG PET uptake characteristics and (64)Cu-ATSM autoradiography to pimonidazole immunohistochemistry in spontaneous canine sarcomas and carcinomas.
- Positron emission tomography and ex vivo and in vitro autoradiography studies on dopamine D2-like receptor degeneration in the quinolinic acid-lesioned rat striatum: comparison of [11C]raclopride, [11C]nemonapride and [11C]N-methylspiperoneKiichi Ishiwata
Positron Medical Center, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, 1 1 Naka cho, Itabashi ku, 172 0022, Tokyo, Japan
Nucl Med Biol 29:307-16. 2002..quinolinic acid-lesioned rats was evaluated by positron emission tomography (PET) and ex vivo and in vitro autoradiography. PET showed a decreased uptake of [11C]raclopride in the lesioned striatum, but an increased uptake of [11C]..
- beta-blocker binding to human 5-HT(1A) receptors in vivo and in vitro: implications for antidepressant therapyE A Rabiner
MRC Cyclotron Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Neuropsychopharmacology 23:285-93. 2000..We report how positron emission tomography (PET) and in vitro autoradiography can inform trials of antidepressant augmentation...
- Binding of lurasidone, a novel antipsychotic, to rat 5-HT7 receptor: analysis by [3H]SB-269970 autoradiographyTomoko Horisawa
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd, 33 94 Enoki cho, Suita, Osaka 564 0053, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 40:132-7. 2013..In this study, we evaluated binding of lurasidone to 5-HT(7) receptors in the rat brain by autoradiography using [(3)H]SB-269970, a specific radioligand for 5-HT(7) receptors...
- Imaging of striatal dopamine D(2) receptors with a PET system for small laboratory animals in comparison with storage phosphor autoradiography: a validation study with (18)F-(N-methyl)benperidolS Nikolaus
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Nucl Med 42:1691-6. 2001..For this, the radiotracer concentrations obtained in the same animals with PET and with autoradiography were quantified, and the correspondence between both methods was assessed by means of correlation analysis.
- Positron autoradiography for intravascular imaging: feasibility evaluationPolad M Shikhaliev
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Phys Med Biol 51:963-79. 2006..Experiments showed that detecting the coronary plaques using the proposed technique is possible. The proposed technique has the potential for fast and accurate detection of vulnerable coronary and other intravascular plaques...
- Quantitative architectural analysis: a new approach to cortical mappingA Schleicher
C and O Vogt Brain Research Institute, University of Dusseldorf, Moorenstr 5, P O Box 10 10 07, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Anat Embryol (Berl) 210:373-86. 2005..Defining cortical borders, based on changes in cortical lamination in high resolution, in vivo structural MR images will result in a rapid increase of our knowledge on the structural parcellation of the human cerebral cortex...
- Whole-body autoradiography in drug discoveryE G Solon
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Experimental Station, E353 204A, Rt 141 and Henry Clay Road, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Curr Drug Metab 3:451-62. 2002..In particular, the use of whole-body autoradiography (WBA) for tissue distribution, which was once considered an impractical tool, owing to the long turn around ..
- Assessment of ESR-CT imaging by comparison with autoradiography for the distribution of a blood-brain-barrier permeable spin probe, MC-PROXYL, to rodent brainKazunori Anzai
National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Anagawa, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Magn Reson Imaging 21:765-72. 2003..and BBB-impermeable carbamoyl-PROXYL were used to assess the ESR imaging technique by comparing with autoradiography. For this purpose, spin probes, 14C-labeled at their five-membered ring, [14C]MC-PROXYL and [14C]carbamoyl-..
- Acute effects of three club drugs on the striatum of rats: evaluation by quantitative autoradiography with [18F]FDOPAChun Kai Fang
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Appl Radiat Isot 77:153-9. 2013In this work, we used quantitative autoradiography to study the acute effect of cocaine, methamphetamine, and ketamine on the uptake of [(18)F]FDOPA in the striatum of rats. Drugs were treated 0.5 h before (pre-treated), and 1...
- ANG II AT(1) and AT(2) receptors in developing kidney of normal microswineSusan P Bagby
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, and Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 97201 2940, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F755-64. 2002..in fetal (90-day gestation, n = 14), neonatal (3-wk, n = 5), and adult (6-mo, n = 8) microswine by autoradiography ((125)I-labeled [Sar(1)Ile(8)]ANG II+cold CGP-42112 for AT1R, (125)I-CGP-42112 for AT2R) and by whole kidney ..
- Autoradiography, MALDI-MS, and SIMS-MS imaging in pharmaceutical discovery and developmentEric G Solon
QPS, LLC, Newark, Delaware 19702, USA
AAPS J 12:11-26. 2010Whole-body autoradiography ((WBA) or quantitative WBA (QWBA)), microautoradiography (MARG), matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometric imaging (MALDI-MSI), and secondary ion mass spectrometric imaging (SIMS-MSI) are ..
- [18F]FMDAA1106 and [18F]FEDAA1106: two positron-emitter labeled ligands for peripheral benzodiazepine receptor (PBR)Ming Rong Zhang
Department of Medical Imaging, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8555, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:201-4. 2003..Ex vivo autoradiograms of [(18)F]FMDAA1106 and [(18)F]FEDAA1106 binding sites in the rat brains revealed that a high radioactivity was present in the olfactory bulb, the highest PBR density region in the brain...
- Neurochemical studies of human narcolepsy: alpha-adrenergic receptor autoradiography of human narcoleptic brain and brainstemM S Aldrich
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109-0316
Sleep 17:598-608. 1994..We used quantitative autoradiography to assess noradrenergic alpha-1 and alpha-2 receptors in several regions of seven human narcoleptic and 18 ..
- Assessment of treatment response by autoradiography with (14)C-aminocyclopentane carboxylic acid, (67)Ga-DTPA, and (18)F-FDG in a herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase/ganciclovir brain tumor modelTadashi Miyagawa
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Nucl Med 44:1845-54. 2003..This study addresses whether imaging amino acid transport, glucose utilization, and passive vascular permeability provides an early indication of treatment response and can predict long-term outcome...
- Effects of chlorpromazine on plasma membrane permeability and fluidity in the rat brain: a dynamic positron autoradiography and fluorescence polarization studyNobuyuki Maruoka
Department of Neuropsychiatry, University of Fukui, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:178-86. 2007..antipsychotic drug, on plasma membrane permeability in fresh rat brain slices using a dynamic positron autoradiography technique and [(18)F]2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ([(18)F]FDG) as a tracer...
- The effect of estrogen on dopamine and serotonin receptor and transporter levels in the brain: an autoradiography studyCarolina Chavez
Behavioural Neuroscience Laboratory, Mental Health Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Brain Res 1321:51-9. 2010..serotonin transporters (SERT), serotonin-1A (5-HT(1A)) and 5-HT(2A) receptors using radioligand binding autoradiography. Three groups of female Sprague-Dawley rats were compared: sham-operated controls, untreated ovariectomized (..
- [18F]F15599, a novel 5-HT1A receptor agonist, as a radioligand for PET neuroimagingLaetitia Lemoine
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Universite de Lyon, EAC CNRS 5006, Lyon, France
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:594-605. 2010..Since all clinical PET 5-HT(1A) radiopharmaceuticals are antagonists, it is of great interest to develop a( 18)F labelled agonist...
- Functional autoradiography of neuropeptide Y Y1 and Y2 receptor subtypes in rat brain using agonist stimulated [35S]GTPgammaS bindingJanice L Shaw
Neuroscience Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Mail Code 0510, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 26:179-93. 2003..of functional NPY receptor subtypes in the rat brain, we performed agonist-induced [35S]GTPgammaS autoradiography. The Y1/Y4/Y5 agonist Leu(31), Pro(34)-NPY increased [35S]GTPgammaS binding in several brain areas with a ..
- Choline autoradiography of human prostate cancer xenograft: effect of castrationHossein Jadvar
Molecular Imaging Center, Department of Radiology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Imaging 7:147-52. 2008..of radiolabeled choline accumulation in murine-implanted human prostate tumor xenografts using quantitative autoradiography. We implanted androgen-dependent (CWR22) and androgen-independent (PC3) human prostate cancer cells in ..
- Distribution and binding of 18F-labeled and 125I-labeled analogues of ACI-80, a prospective molecular imaging biomarker of disease: a whole hemisphere post mortem autoradiography study in human brains obtained from Alzheimer's disease patientsBalazs Gulyas
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurochem Int 60:153-62. 2012..labeled and three (18)F labeled analogues of the peptide were synthesized and tested in post mortem human autoradiography experiments using whole hemisphere brain slices obtained from deceased AD patients and age matched control ..
- Fluorine-18 labeling of three novel D-peptides by conjugation with N-succinimidyl-4-[18F]fluorobenzoate and preliminary examination by postmortem whole-hemisphere human brain autoradiographyMahabuba Jahan
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska University Hospital, S 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 39:315-23. 2012....
- Use of the beta-imager for rapid ex vivo autoradiography exemplified with central nervous system penetrating neurokinin 3 antagonistsX Langlois
Department of Receptor Pharmacology, Janssen Research Foundation, Beerse, Belgium
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 299:712-7. 2001..An ex vivo measurement of NK3 receptor occupancy by quantitative autoradiography employing [3H]senktide as the radioligand has been developed...
- Changes of cerebral blood flow during the secondary expansion of a cortical contusion assessed by 14C-iodoantipyrine autoradiography in mice using a non-invasive protocolDoortje C Engel
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Munich Medical Center, Munich, Germany
J Neurotrauma 25:739-53. 2008..of (ETp)CO2 before, and at 15 min and 24 h following controlled cortical impact by 14C-iodoantipyrine autoradiography (IAP-AR; n = 5-6 per group) and by Nissl staining, respectively...
- Characterization of the binding sites for 123I-ADAM and the relationship to the serotonin transporter in rat and mouse brains using quantitative autoradiographyKun Ju Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Nucl Med 45:673-81. 2004..The aim of this study was to characterize the biodistribution and specificity of (123)I-ADAM to SERT using quantitative autoradiography in both control and neurotoxin-treated animals.
- 5-HT transporter sites and 5-HT1A and 5-HT3 receptors in Fawn-Hooded rats: a quantitative autoradiography studyF Chen
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 24:1093-102. 2000..The neuroanatomical profiles of 5-HT1A receptors, 5-HT3 receptors, and 5-HT transporters (5-HTT) in the brain of the Fawn-Hooded (FH) rat, particularly mesocorticolimbic regions, are not fully elucidated...
- Quantitative autoradiography of mu-,delta- and kappa1 opioid receptors in kappa-opioid receptor knockout miceS J Slowe
Pharmacology Research Group, School of Biological Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 5XH, UK
Brain Res 818:335-45. 1999..We have carried out quantitative autoradiography of mu-, delta- and kappa1 receptors in the brains of wild-type (+/+), heterozygous (+/-) and homozygous (-/-) ..
- FDG autoradiography reveals developmental and pathological effects of mutant amyloid in PDAPP transgenic miceJon Valla
Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:253-8. 2008..To further evaluate this potential biomarker and its correlation across age, we used fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) autoradiography at two ages (2 and 12 months) in wildtype, heterozygous, and homozygous PDAPP mice...
- Whole hemisphere autoradiography of the postmortem human brainH Hall
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 25:715-9. 1998Whole hemisphere autoradiography (WHA) with selective high-affinity radioligands is a new tool in studying the distribution of receptors and of other neuronal components postmortem in brains from controls vs...
- Digital autoradiography using room temperature CCD and CMOS imaging technologyJorge Cabello
Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing, School of Electronics and Physical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Phys Med Biol 52:4993-5011. 2007CCD (charged coupled device) and CMOS imaging technologies can be applied to thin tissue autoradiography as potential imaging alternatives to using conventional film...
- Determination of radioactivity in infant, juvenile and adult rat brains after injection of anti-influenza drug [¹¹C]oseltamivir using PET and autoradiographyAkiko Hatori
Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 4 9 1 Anagawa, Inage Ku, Chiba, Japan
Neurosci Lett 495:187-91. 2011..the infant, juvenile and adult rat brains after injection of [(11)C]oseltamivir into the rats using PET and autoradiography. After injection of this radioligand, the highest radioactivity was found in the infant brain and the ..
- Muscarinic receptors in the prenatal mouse embryo. Comparison of M35-immunohistochemistry with [3H]quinuclidinyl benzylate autoradiographyM Lammerding-Koppel
Institute of Anatomy, University of Tubingen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 103:301-10. 1995..For autoradiography whole-body sagittal cryostat sections of the 17- and 18-day mouse embryo were covered with LKB-Ultrofilm ..
- Stroke penumbra defined by an MRI-based oxygen challenge technique: 1. Validation using [14C]2-deoxyglucose autoradiographyCraig A Robertson
Glasgow Experimental MRI Centre, Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:1778-87. 2011..14)C]2-deoxyglucose (2-DG) autoradiography was combined with T(2)(*) OC to determine metabolic status of T(2)(*)-defined penumbra...
- Distribution of neuromedin U binding sites in the rat CNS revealed by in vitro receptor autoradiographyC Mangold
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Gewerbestrasse 16, CH 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Neuropeptides 42:377-86. 2008..unknown, we studied the distribution of in vitro binding sites for (125)I-NMU-23 in the rat CNS by receptor autoradiography. High-density specific binding was found in discrete areas of the brain and spinal cord, namely in the limbic ..
- Evaluation of [125I]IPOS as a molecular imaging probe for hypoxia-inducible factor-1-active regions in a tumor: comparison among single-photon emission computed tomography/X-ray computed tomography imaging, autoradiography, and immunohistochemistryMasashi Ueda
Radioisotopes Research Laboratory, Kyoto University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Cancer Sci 102:2090-6. 2011..In vivo single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)/X-ray CT (CT) imaging, autoradiography, and double-fluorescent immunostaining for HIF-1α and pimonidazole (PIMO) were carried out 24 h after the ..
- Nucleus accumbens serotonin transporters in alcoholics measured by whole-hemisphere autoradiographyMarkus Storvik
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Kuopio, FI 70210, Finland
Alcohol 40:177-84. 2006..seven subjects, respectively), and nonalcoholic controls (10 subjects) by human postmortem whole-hemisphere autoradiography. The [3H]citalopram binding in the NAC was 35% higher in the alcoholics than in the controls; in the type 1 ..
- alpha-Amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-propionate receptor autoradiography in mouse brain after single and repeated withdrawal from diazepamC Allison
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 ONR, UK
Eur J Neurosci 21:1045-56. 2005..As changes in AMPA receptor subunit expression alter the functionality of the receptor, future studies will address this possibility...
- In vivo sampling for pharmacokinetic studies in small experimental animals: a combination of microdialysis, planar chromatography and digital autoradiographyMerja Haaparanta
Turku PET Centre, Medicity Research Laboratory PET, Turku, Finland
Mol Imaging Biol 6:27-33. 2004..a method for measuring the pharmacokinetics of positron emission tomography (PET) tracers during rat studies using microdialysis (MD) in combination with planar chromatography and digital autoradiography with a phosphoimager plate (DAR).
- Rats exhibiting acute behavioural tolerance to nicotine have more [125I]alpha-bungarotoxin binding sites in brain than rats not exhibiting toleranceX Zhang
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy and Elderly Care Research, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Behav Brain Res 113:105-15. 2000..These data may also be central to understanding the variability of tobacco use in humans, which may be contingent on the ability of the receptors binding to alpha-bungarotoxin to be responsive to nicotine-induced desensitization...
- 125I-labeled fasciculin 2: a new tool for quantitation of acetylcholinesterase densities at synaptic sites by EM-autoradiographyL Anglister
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
J Neurosci Methods 81:63-71. 1998..acetylcholinesterase (AChE) at mouse neuromuscular junctions (NMJs) by quantitative electron microscope autoradiography. We demonstrate that 125I-Fas2 binds very specifically to the NMJs of mouse sternomastoid muscles, with very ..
- Characterization of neuronal migration disorders in neocortical structures: quantitative receptor autoradiography of ionotropic glutamate, GABA(A) and GABA(B) receptorsK Zilles
C and O Vogt Institute of Brain Research, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 10:3095-106. 1998..GABA(A) and GABA(B) (gamma-aminobutyric acid) receptors are demonstrated with quantitative in vitro receptor autoradiography by using the ligands [3H]MK-801, [3H]AMPA, [3H]kainate, [3H]muscimol and [3H]baclofen, respectively...
- Imaging, autoradiography, and biodistribution of (188)Re-labeled PEGylated nanoliposome in orthotopic glioma bearing rat modelFeng Yun J Huang
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Environmental Sciences, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 26:717-25. 2011..Biodistribution, pharmacokinetic study, autoradiography (ARG), histopathology, and nano-SPECT/CT imaging were conducted for the animal model...
- Receptor microscopic autoradiography for the study of percutaneous absorption, in vivo skin penetration, and cellular-intercellular depositionNaohiko Hayakawa
Product Research Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratories, 1 135, Komakado, Gotemba, Shizuoka 412 8513, Japan
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 50:131-7. 2004Microscopic autoradiography with cellular resolution and preservation of in vivo conditions is potentially the method of choice to gain detailed information about sites of deposition and retention in the epidermis and of penetration to ..
- Amygdala serotonin transporters in alcoholics measured by whole hemisphere autoradiographyMarkus Storvik
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Niuvanniemi Hospital, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Synapse 61:629-36. 2007..These traits may be related to serotonergic regulation in the amygdala and prefrontal cortex...
- Diffusion of [3H]dexamethasone in rat subcutaneous slices after injection measured by digital autoradiographyYvonne Moussy
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
Biotechnol Prog 22:1715-9. 2006..We illustrate this method using dexamethasone injected into the subcutaneous tissue of rats. Digital autoradiography was used to measure the distribution of the [3H] dexamethasone within the subcutaneous tissue at 2...
- Detection of low level histamine H3 receptor occupancy by autoradiographySiyuan Le
World Wide Discovery Research, Cephalon, Inc, West Chester, PA 19380, USA
J Neurosci Methods 185:70-5. 2009..relationship between efficacy in the preclinical models and H(3) receptor occupancy, a brain slice receptor autoradiography method was used...
- An overview on functional receptor autoradiography using [35S]GTPgammaSJ Sovago
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Psychiatry Section, Karolinska Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 38:149-64. 200135S]GTPgammaS binding autoradiography is a novel method to study the distribution and function of neurotransmitter receptors in tissue sections...
- Penetration and binding of monoclonal antibody in human osteosarcoma multicell spheroids. Comparison of confocal laser scanning microscopy and autoradiographyM H Hjelstuen
Department of Physics, The Norwegian Institute of Technology, University of Trondheim, Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 35:273-9. 1996Penetration and binding of monoclonal antibody (MAb) in multicell osteosarcoma spheroids have been studied by autoradiography and confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM)...
- Discrete mapping of brain Mu and delta opioid receptors using selective peptides: quantitative autoradiography, species differences and comparison with kappa receptorsN A Sharif
Parke Davis Research Unit, Addenbrookes Hospital Site, Cambridge, UK
Peptides 10:499-522. 1989..These patterns of mu and delta site distribution differed dramatically from that of the kappa opioid sites in these species studied with the peptide [125I]dynorphin(1-8)...
- Biodistribution study of [(123)I] ADAM in mice: correlation with whole body autoradiographyKun Ju Lin
Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Nucl Med Biol 29:643-50. 2002..However, the biodistribution of [(123)I] ADAM using whole body autoradiography (WBAR) has never been previously described, to the best of our knowledge...
- Neutron autoradiography imaging of selective boron uptake in human metastatic tumoursS Altieri
Department of Nuclear and Theoretical Physics, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Appl Radiat Isot 66:1850-5. 2008..In this paper, the results of the boron uptake analysis in the tumour and in the healthy samples taken from human livers after boron phenylalanine (BPA) infusion are shown; boron imaging was performed using neutron autoradiography.
- Location of glutamatergic/aspartatergic neurons projecting to the hypothalamic ventromedial nucleus studied by autoradiography of retrogradely transported [³H]D-aspartateJ Kiss
Neuromorphological and Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Semmelweis University, H 1094 Budapest, Tuzolto u 58, Hungary
Neuroscience 176:210-24. 2011..3)H]d-aspartate retrograde autoradiography was used injecting the tracer into the ventromedial nucleus...
- A microleakage study of ceramic laminate veneers by autoradiography: effect of incisal edge preparationC Hekimoglu
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Rehabil 31:265-9. 2004..In conclusion, the window preparation type was more effective in terms of prevention of microleakage at the incisal margin than the overlapped type laminates...
- Detection of hypoxia in microscopic tumors using 131I-labeled iodo-azomycin galactopyranoside (131I-IAZGP) digital autoradiographyXiao Feng Li
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:339-48. 2010..The object of this study was to determine if digital autoradiography using the radiolabeled hypoxia imaging tracer iodo-azomycin galactopyranoside ((131)I-IAZGP) could detect ..
- Validation of 4-[18F]-ADAM as a SERT imaging agent using micro-PET and autoradiographyKuo Hsing Ma
Department of Biology and Anatomy, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Neuroimage 45:687-93. 2009..as a SERT imaging agent in rats using micro-positron emission tomography (micro-PET) and autoradiography. Sixty to ninety min after injecting 4-[(18)F]-ADAM, specific uptake ratios (SURs) were determined by micro-..
- 177Lu-AMBA biodistribution, radiotherapeutic efficacy, imaging, and autoradiography in prostate cancer models with low GRP-R expressionMary Ellen Maddalena
Ernst Felder Laboratories, Bracco Research USA Inc, Princeton, New Jersey 08540 6608, USA
J Nucl Med 50:2017-24. 2009..We sought to evaluate the tumor binding and imaging potential of (177)Lu-AMBA in low GRP-R models of prostate cancer and determine how reduced expression affects (177)Lu-AMBA radiotherapy efficacy...
- Resolution, sensitivity and precision with autoradiography and small animal positron emission tomography: implications for functional brain imaging in animal researchKathleen C Schmidt
Unit on Neuroadaptation and Protein Metabolism, Laboratory of Cerebral Metabolism, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4030, USA
Nucl Med Biol 32:719-25. 2005..In this review we summarize the tradeoffs between the use of autoradiography and small animal PET for functional brain imaging studies in animal research.
- Developmental Regulation of Brain and BehaviorJULI S WADE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Finally, siRNA followed by autoradiography will be employed to determine whether SNX2 enhances the ability of BDNF and/or NE to act in the song system ..
- BRAINSTEM MATURATION IN THE SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROMEHannah C Kinney; Fiscal Year: 2010..to 5-HT cells, terminals, receptor subtypes, and the synthetic enzyme, tryptophan hydroxylase, using tissue autoradiography, immunocytochemistry, and in situ hybridization in brain tissues from human embryos, fetuses, and infants...
- Genetic and Optogenetic Models to Dissect the Role of the Serotonin 1B ReceptorKatherine M Nautiyal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Initial characterization with autoradiography and in situ hybridization reveals promoter-specific 5-HT1B R expression patterns that can be modulated with ..
- Mechanisms of comorbidity between epilepsy and depressionAndrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2013..cyclic voltammetry (FCV) in vivo, and with the functional state of raphe 5-HT1A autoreceptors, as measured by autoradiography. Further, we will examine, whether epilepsy-associated decrease of serotonin release in the hippocampus and ..
- Oxidative stress in regional cerebral blood flow alterations after cardiac arrestMioara D Manole; Fiscal Year: 2012..Cerebral metabolic rate for glucose will be measured with autoradiography. Nitric oxide will be measured in vivo serially with tissue minisensors and ex vivo with electron ..
- Development of a radioligand for assay of angiotensin-converting enzyme-2(ACE-2)ROBERT CHARLES SPETH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies will also include determination of the distribution of ACE-2 in the rodent brain using autoradiography and quantitative densitometric analysis of 125I-MLN-4760 analog binding...
- Neurobiological basis of Depression as a Comorbidity in EpilepsyAndrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2010..cyclic voltammetry to study the strength of raphe-hippocampal serotonergic innervation), and quantitative autoradiography of 5-HT1A serotonin receptors and serotonin transporter in the hippocampus...
- Ph 2 Study of Dextromethorphan in the Treatment of Rett SyndromeSAKKUBAI R NAIDU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brain magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) also shows high levels of glutamate. Neurotransmitter autoradiography of postmortem frontal cortex from girls less than 8 years of age with RTT showed a significant increase in ..
- Effects of nicotine and varenicline on ethanol behaviorsNoah R Gubner; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we propose to use autoradiography to measure binding at nAChR and RT-PCR to measure mRNA expression of nicotinic receptor genes in mice treated ..
- Melanocortin system stress and HPA axisXin Yun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..circuits (the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus and amygdala) using in situ hybridization, receptor autoradiography and radioimmunoassay;Second, we will determine the impact of the melanocortin system on the HPA response to ..
- Gene-environment interaction: the brain CRF system in alcohol preferring msP ratsMarisa Roberto; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using electrophysiology together with in situ hybridization, autoradiography and brain microdialysis technique, we expect to obtain information at neurocircuitry and at functional levels ..
- Hephaestin's role in retinal iron homeostasis and retinal healthNatalie Wolkow; Fiscal Year: 2012..The second aim of this project is to study the role of Hp in intercellular iron transport. Light microscope autoradiography will be used...
- Role of alpha3-containing nicotinic receptors in mediating central nicotine effecEdward Hawrot; Fiscal Year: 2009..1). Autoradiography of radioactive-Bgtx binding sites will be used for this purpose...
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation &Antidepressants: c-Fos, deltaFosB and TrkB ActivationAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Quantitative autoradiography will be used to measure [unreadable]1-adrenoreceptors...
- Effect of chronic antipsychotic medication administration on cocaine poisoningKENNON JAMES HEARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..In vitro radioligand binding and autoradiography will be used to measure the regional density of D1 and D2 dopamine;5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C and 5-HT3 serotonin;..
- Localization of cisplatin and cisplatin-binding proteins in the inner earPeter S Steyger; Fiscal Year: 2010..been only detected indirectly via pathological observations, by low-resolution positron emission tomography, autoradiography, or biochemically using high-performance liquid chromatography...
- Effects of ethanol on 5-HT1A receptor density, gene expression and functionElizabeth J Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will evaluate the receptor at various levels of analysis: 1) receptor density using in vitro receptor autoradiography, 2) gene transcription using laser capture microdissection and quantitative PCR and 3) Signal transduction ..
- 18F-Fallypride Micropet Imaging to Monitor Pancreatic Beta Cell Loss in DiabetesAdriana Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2010..In preliminary studies Adriana used autoradiography and micro PET ex vivo imaging to show specific 18F-fallypride binding to pancreatic islets and not the ..
- Synaptic regulation of mTOR-dependent protein synthesis at synapsesPATRICIA SALGADO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Levels of protein synthesis will be assessed by pulse labeling and film autoradiography. Understanding how translation of new proteins is regulated at active synapses may provide novel insights on ..
- Mechanisms of Transmigration of HIV Infected Cells Across the Blood Brain BarrierTONI KAY ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2010..of monocytes and disruption of BBB integrity in response to CCL2 using radiolabeling, ColP, Western blot, autoradiography, confocal imaging, and tissue staining;and (4) to determine the phosphorylation changes in cell juction ..
- Cellular/Molecular Analysis of Short &Long-Term MemoryTERRY J CROW; Fiscal Year: 2013..The third aim will be addressed by the application of quantitative double-label autoradiography and phosphor imaging to identify proteins whose synthesis is regulated by one trial-conditioning at different ..
- The role of pericytes in the adult and the aging brainBerislav V Zlokovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be used including in vivo multiphoton microscopy, high resolution confocal microscopy, quantitative autoradiography, mathematical modeling of CBF and BBB permeability, methods to study neuronal structure and function (e.g...
- ACETYLCHOLINE RECEPTOR BIOGENESIS, STRUCTURE, FUNCTIONEdward Hawrot; Fiscal Year: 2009..The expression of the mutant a3 subunit in the CNS will be investigated by fluorescence, autoradiography, and micro-injection of Bgtx into discrete brain regions rich in a3...
- Fetal Endocrine-Cardiovascular RelationsJames C Rose; Fiscal Year: 2011..Ang 1-7), assays of enzyme and sodium transporter activity, localization procedures (immunocytochemistry and autoradiography) and molecular techniques to systematically evaluate components of the intrarenal and systemic RAS and sodium ..
- In Vivo Cancer Therapy Monitoring with Diffuse Optical MethodsRegine Choe; Fiscal Year: 2013..mouse xenograft model by microscopic and macroscopic fluorescence imaging techniques, and will be compared to autoradiography and PET...
- Cardiovascular disease, depression, and oxytocinMELISSA SCOTTI; Fiscal Year: 2013..function, and 3) investigate the effect of isolation and OTA on OT receptor binding (via receptor autoradiography) and gene expression (via RT-PCR) in brain regions associated with mood and autonomic function as well heart ..
- Neural &Vascular Dysfunction As Mechanisms of Injury in Genetic Migraine ModelsCenk Ayata; Fiscal Year: 2012..mismatch in mutants than in controls, as determined using novel optical imaging methods (CBF, oxygenation), autoradiography, and molecular stress markers...
- Chronic Nicotine Effects on Receptor SubtypesNorman H Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..we will test for both the short-term and persistent effects of chronic nicotine exposure on expression (using autoradiography and immunoprecipitation) and function (using rubidium efflux and neurotransmitter release) of nAChR subtypes, ..
- Pathophysiological Interpretations of Dynamic PET/CT of Molecular Liver BiologySusanne Keiding; Fiscal Year: 2010..distribution of tracers in benign and malignant liver tissue is evaluated by single- and dual-tracer autoradiography. We will create new, non-invasive methods for measuring blood flow and function in the liver using sensitive ..
- Genetic targeting of CGRP actions in a murine model of migraineERIC ALAN KAISER; Fiscal Year: 2011..To confirm increased expression of CGRP receptors, CGRP binding will be assesed with autoradiography and its'induction of cAMP levels and CGRP mRNA...
- Socially-facilitated excessive alcohol drinking in a novel prairie vole modelALLISON MJ ANACKER; Fiscal Year: 2012..Brains from the same animals will be used to determine V1aR binding level by autoradiography, using a 125I- linear-AVP antagonist as a ligand for the V1aR...
- Ethanol alteration of the neurogenic nicheKimberly Nixon; Fiscal Year: 2013..and proliferative dynamics of NSCs, the morphology of microglia, as well as in situ hybridization, receptor autoradiography and Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbant Assaysto determine microglia phenotype and cytokine expression...
- The Nociceptin ORL1 System: Treatment Target for RelapseFriedbert Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..of analysis including N/OFQ peptide and NOP receptor mRNA expression by in situ hybridization, NOP receptor autoradiography, and measures of the functional status of NOP neurotransmission using [35S]GTP3S binding...
- Preclinical Diagnostic Imaging of AmyloidJonathan S Wall; Fiscal Year: 2013..To achieve these goals we will combine advanced small animal SPECT/CT imaging, micro- autoradiography and biodistribution measurements for testing new peptides in mice with amyloidosis...
- PET Probes for Imaging the Vesicular Acetylcholine TransporterZhude Tu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2, Biological evaluation in rats. Rat biodistribution and autoradiography studies will be conducted to determine if the radiotracers bind to VAChT-enriched striatum of the brain...
- Typhoon Imaging System for Molecular Nutrition ResearchDavid J Eide; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previously, we have largely relied on other methods (e.g., film-based autoradiography) that are far inferior to imager scanning and much more costly...
- Development of agonist PET tracers for quantifying 5HT2ARJaya Prabhakaran; Fiscal Year: 2012..In vitro autoradiography studies performed in our laboratories using the agonist radiotracer [125I]LSD indicated a significant ..
- Near-Infrared Fluorescence Nanoparticles for Targeted O*Chun Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..By using a combination of nuclear and optical imaging, autoradiography, and fluorescence microscopy, we expect to provide detailed insights into the pharmacologic properties of ..
- Postnatal Antidepressant Effects on Periadolescent SERT Function by VoltammetryAnne Milasincic Andrews; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will also utilize quantitative autoradiography to evaluate changes in serotonin transporter binding sites to determine whether alterations in SERT function ..
- MRI Assessment of Tumor Perfusion, Permeability and CellularityCHRISTOPHER CHAD QUARLES; Fiscal Year: 2013..To characterize and validate the proposed method we will compare DSC-MRI, DCE-MRI and quantitative autoradiography derived measures of perfusion (Aim 1) and permeability (Aim 2) in orthotopic brain and breast tumor models...
- Novel HDAC Class III Specific Radiotracers for PET Imaging.JURI GEORGE GELOVANI; Fiscal Year: 2013..these in vitro studies we will select three best novel radiotracers for subsequent microPET/CT imaging and autoradiography studies in mice to assess their efficacy and specificity for imaging SIRTs expression-activity...
- Role of Anandamide in a Rodent Model of an Alcohol Use DisorderDANIEL JAMES LIPUT; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim 2 will utilize receptor autoradiography to assess cannabinoid 1 (CB1) receptor expression during a binge-alcohol exposure paradigm in the brain ..
- VALIDATION OF NEUROIMAGING BIOMARKERS FOR NIGROSTRAITAL NEURONSJOEL SYNES PERLMUTTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also demonstrated with in vitro quantitative autoradiography that DAT and VMAT2 presynaptic sites do not differentially regulate as the number nigrostriatal neurons ..
- Functional Adaptation of Neural Circuits After Exercise and Basal Ganglia InjuryDANIEL PHILIPP HOLSCHNEIDER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Regional CBF-related tissue radioactivity is quantified by autoradiography and analyzed in the three-dimensionally reconstructed brain...
- Neuronal cannabinoidsKENNETH P MACKIE; Fiscal Year: 2013..during tolerance? In these experiments we will use biochemical and electrophysiological approaches (GTP?S autoradiography, MAP kinase activation, and whole cell patch clamp of cultured neurons and in slices) to assess the "..
- BIOLOGICAL BASES OF DRUG-SEEKING BEHAVIORKIM ARTHUR NEVE; Fiscal Year: 2013..principally at the level of physiological, biochemical and pharmacological systems, using receptor binding, autoradiography, in vivo microdialysis and voltammetry, and electrophysiological techniques, and some work primarily in ..
- COCAINE & MATERNAL AGGRESSION--OXYTOCINERGIC MECHANISMSJOSEPHINE JOHNS; Fiscal Year: 2005..OXY levels and receptor binding will be measured by radioimmunoassay, in situ hybridization and autoradiography in the amygdala, medial preoptic area and paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus, all of which have been ..
- ALCOHOL EXPOSURE, SOCIAL BEHAVIOR AND DEVELOPMENTSandra J Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2010..This hypothesis is examined using autoradiography and microinjectior techniques...
- ENERGY REQUIREMENT OF NEURONS AFTER BRAIN INJURYStefan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have also shown, using double-label (18F-FDG/14C -glucose) autoradiography, that both the acute and delayed hyperglycolysis occur concomitantly with a 30-40% decrease in oxidative ..
- Functional Characterization of OPRM1 A118G in Nicotine DependenceJon Kar Zubieta; Fiscal Year: 2010..or nicotine-stimulated changes in MOR binding and signaling throughout the brain using [3H]carfentanil and autoradiography;and 2) evaluate the effect of the Asp38 variant on behavioral responses to nicotine using conditioned place ..
- Neural Correlate of Perfusion Based fMRISeong Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..well-established animal model, which has been extensively investigated with electrophysiology, 2-deoxyglucose autoradiography, and optical imaging...
- Maternal HIV: Developmental NeurotoxicityCharles F Mactutus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Quantitative autoradiography will be used to assess the expression of DA receptors (D1, D2, and D3) and DA transporters (DAT) in the ..
- ACTIONS OF PERIPHERAL 5-HYDROXYTRYPTAMINE IN FEEDINGKenny Simansky; Fiscal Year: 2000..The experiments will: l) use receptor autoradiography, assays of smooth muscle contraction in vitro and feeding tests with the peripheral 5-HT2 agonist, alpha- ..
- PHOSPHORIMAGERAllan Brasier; Fiscal Year: 1993..Storage phosphor technology is a new technique that is rapidly replacing the traditional methods of autoradiography for detection and quantitation of radioactive isotopes embedded in polyacrylamide gels or immobilized onto ..
- NEUROPEPTIDE RECEPTORS IN OCULAR AND PERIPHERAL TISSUESSteven Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 1992..Affinity labeled receptors will be analyzed by SDS gel electrophoresis and autoradiography of the dried gels...
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE SECRETORY IMMUNE SYSTEMAlbert Jones; Fiscal Year: 1991..Using immunocytochemistry and electron microscopic autoradiography, we will determine when the various components of the secretory immune system become operational...
- MOLECULAR NEUROBIOLOGY OF THE CIRCADIAN CLOCKVincent Cassone; Fiscal Year: 2000..sites of melatonin's action in the avian SCN, the vSCN, and other structures within the visual system using autoradiography of iodinated melatonin (IMEL). Binding is rhythmic, with peak values in the late day...
- THE SECRETORY IGA SYSTEM OF THE EYEDavid Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 1993..ELISPOT assays, immunofluorescence, cell isolation and culture, hybridoma production, flow cytometry and autoradiography. Specific aims are: 1) To identify the sources of IgA-containing cells in the lacrimal gland; 2) To evaluate ..
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS IN AGING AND ADLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..1c) Autoradiography will be used to localize 125I-m4-toxin in the dorsal horns of the human and rat spinal cord, and dorsal root ..
- DISULFIDE SURFACE STRUCTURE IN LEGIONELLA PATHOGENESISPaul Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 1990..Differences in alkylation of MOMP will be visualized by SDS-PAGE and autoradiography. Released proteins following DTT challenge (V and AV) will be identified by SDS-PAGE and western blot using ..
- NORMAL AND ABNORMAL UTERO-VAGINAL DEVELOPMENTGerald Cunha; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the human fetal genital tract, the ontogeny of estrogen (and progesterone), receptors will be assessed by autoradiography and immunocytochemistry...
- Use of Chronoamperometry to Measure Extracellular 5 HTAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2005..will correlate the time-dependent sertraline-induced changes in SERT density (as measured by quantitative autoradiography) with changes in the chronoamperometric signal caused by local application of 5-HT in brain...
- RECEPTOR PHARMACY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF GUT PEPTIDESAnn Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 1991..Tachykinin receptors will be examined in detail using several techniques: a) quantitative autoradiography to determine the distribution and density of receptors in different areas of the gastrointestinal tract both ..
- TESTICULAR STEROIDOGENESIS IN SELECTED MODELSGLORIA CALLARD; Fiscal Year: 1992..Using light and electron microscopy; autoradiography; immunocytochemistry; enzyme tracer analysis; radioimmunoassay; receptor analysis; and cell culture ..
- NOVEL SIGMA RECEPTOR LIGANDS IN NEURODEGENERATIONRaymond Booth; Fiscal Year: 2000..of [3H]PAT-labeled sigma3 receptors in mammalian brain will be determined using quantitative receptor autoradiography in rat, guinea pig, and monkey brain slices...
- HEMODYNAMICS AND LDL PERMEABILITY IN THE ARTERIAL WALLGEORGE TRUSKEY; Fiscal Year: 1992..of 125I-and 131I-tyramine-cellobiose-labeled LDL and methylated LDL using the technique of quantitative autoradiography. This technique permits resolution of areas as small as 100-500 mum2...
- AFLATOXIN B1 AND NUCLEOLAR RNA SYNTHESISFu Li Yu; Fiscal Year: 1990..the RNA transcripts from both the control and AFB1 treated rat liver nuclei, nucleoli, and P-3 fractions by autoradiography after gel electrophoresis...
- DEGENERATION--EPINEPHRINE NEURONS IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEWilliam Burke; Fiscal Year: 1993..in Epi neuronal cell bodies in AD and controls using polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and quantitative autoradiography. 3...