Genomes and Genes
antitumor drug screening assays
Summary: Methods of investigating the effectiveness of anticancer cytotoxic drugs and biologic inhibitors. These include in vitro cell-kill models and cytostatic dye exclusion tests as well as in vivo measurement of tumor growth parameters in laboratory animals.
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Chemistry and biology of the tetrahydroisoquinoline antitumor antibioticsJack D Scott
Department of Chemistry, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Chem Rev 102:1669-730. 2002
- Antitumor activity of the antimicrobial peptide magainin II against bladder cancer cell linesJan Lehmann
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur Urol 50:141-7. 2006..In this study, we evaluated the cytotoxic and antiproliferative potency of magainin II in bladder tumor cells and normal fibroblasts...
- Discovery of embelin as a cell-permeable, small-molecular weight inhibitor of XIAP through structure-based computational screening of a traditional herbal medicine three-dimensional structure databaseZaneta Nikolovska-Coleska
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Departments of Internal Medicine and Medicinal Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0934, USA
J Med Chem 47:2430-40. 2004....
- Prediction of chemotherapeutic response by collagen gel droplet embedded culture-drug sensitivity test in human breast cancersYuuki Takamura
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka University Medical School, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Int J Cancer 98:450-5. 2002..These results demonstrate that CD-DST can predict the response to CE and DOC therapy with a high accuracy in breast cancer patients and seems to be superior to the conventional predictors...
- Molecular modes of action of artesunate in tumor cell linesThomas Efferth
Center for Molecular Biology of the University of Heidelberg ZMBH, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 64:382-94. 2003..ART acts via p53-dependent and- independent pathways in isogenic p53+/+ p21WAF1/CIP1+/+, p53-/- p21WAF1/CIP1+/+, and p53+/+ p21WAF1/CIP1-/- colon carcinoma cells...
- Eusynstyelamides A, B, and C, nNOS inhibitors, from the ascidian Eusynstyela latericiusDianne M Tapiolas
Australian Institute of Marine Science, PMB No 3, Townsville MC, Queensland, 4810, Australia
J Nat Prod 72:1115-20. 2009..6 and 6.5 mM, respectively) and mild inhibitory activity toward the C(4) plant regulatory enzyme pyruvate phosphate dikinase (PPDK) (IC(50) values of 19 and 20 mM, respectively)...
- Systematic discovery of multicomponent therapeuticsAlexis A Borisy
CombinatoRx Incorporated, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:7977-82. 2003..Systematic combination screening may ultimately be useful for exploring the connectivity of biological pathways and, when performed with reference-listed drugs, may result in the discovery of new combination drug regimens...
- Actinomycetes for marine drug discovery isolated from mangrove soils and plants in ChinaKui Hong
Institute of Tropical Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agriculture Sciences, Haikou 571101, PR China
Mar Drugs 7:24-44. 2009..We conclude that actinomycetes isolated from mangrove habitats are a potentially rich source for the discovery of anti-infection and anti-tumor compounds, and of agents for treating neurodegenerative diseases and diabetes...
- Activity of the dual kinase inhibitor lapatinib (GW572016) against HER-2-overexpressing and trastuzumab-treated breast cancer cellsGottfried E Konecny
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 12 145 Factor Building, 10945 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1678, USA
Cancer Res 66:1630-9. 2006..These observations provide a clear biological rationale to test lapatinib as a single agent or in combination with trastuzumab in HER-2-overexpressing breast cancer and in patients with clinical resistance to trastuzumab...
- Histone deacetylases and cancer: causes and therapiesP Marks
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 1:194-202. 2001..HDAC inhibitors are proving to be an exciting therapeutic approach to cancer, but how do they exert this effect?..
- Chemotherapy sensitivity and response assays: are the ASCO guidelines for clinical trial design too restrictive?H Samuel Wieand
J Clin Oncol 23:3643-4; author reply 3646-8. 2005
- An information-intensive approach to the molecular pharmacology of cancerJ N Weinstein
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology LMP, Division of Basic Science, National Cancer Institute NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 275:343-9. 1997..It remains to be seen how effective this information-intensive strategy will be at generating new clinically active agents...
- Predictive value of the ATP chemosensitivity assay in epithelial ovarian cancerA T O'Meara
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, 1240 N Mission Road, Room 1L4, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Gynecol Oncol 83:334-42. 2001....
- Genetically engineered models have advantages over xenografts for preclinical studiesOren J Becher
Department of Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Res 66:3355-8, discussion 3358-9. 2006..These new technologies will hopefully support the use of GEMs in preclinical trials and help determine if trials in GEMs are more predicative than xenografts of human responses...
- Anticancer drug clustering in lung cancer based on gene expression profiles and sensitivity databaseAkihiko Gemma
The Fourth Department of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5, Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8602, Japan
BMC Cancer 6:174. 2006..It is consequently desirable to find more appropriate therapeutic opportunities based on informed insights. A molecular pharmacological analysis was undertaken to design an improved chemotherapeutic strategy for advanced lung cancer...
- In vitro and in vivo activity and cross resistance profiles of novel ruthenium (II) organometallic arene complexes in human ovarian cancerR E Aird
Cancer Research UK, Edinburgh Oncology Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XR, UK
Br J Cancer 86:1652-7. 2002..High activity coupled to non cross-resistance in cisplatin resistant models merit further development of this novel group of anticancer compounds...
- Predicting drug sensitivity and resistance: profiling ABC transporter genes in cancer cellsGergely Szakacs
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD, 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 6:129-37. 2004..Unexpectedly, we also found and validated compounds whose activity is potentiated, rather than antagonized, by the MDR1 multidrug transporter. Such compounds may serve as leads for development...
- Impact of adjuvant inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases on tumor growth delay and local tumor control after fractionated irradiation in human squamous cell carcinomas in nude miceDaniel Zips
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical Faculty Carl Gustav Carus, University of Technology Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:908-14. 2005..To test the latter hypothesis, local tumor control experiments were performed...
- Orthotopic metastatic mouse models for anticancer drug discovery and evaluation: a bridge to the clinicR M Hoffman
AntiCancer, Inc, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
Invest New Drugs 17:343-59. 1999..These unique SOI models have been used for innovative drug discovery and mechanism studies and serve as a bridge linking pre-clinical and clinical research and drug development...
- Influence of p53 and p21(WAF1) expression on sensitivity of cancer cells to cladribineCarlos Maria Galmarini
INSERM 453 8 Avenue Rockefeller, 69373 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Biochem Pharmacol 65:121-9. 2003..We conclude that p53 and p21(WAF1) status of cancer cells influences their sensitivity to 2-CdA cytotoxicity. This may involve alterations in the apoptotic cascade as well as in PARP-1-dependent cell death...
- Development of an in vitro multicellular tumor spheroid model using microencapsulation and its application in anticancer drug screening and testingXulang Zhang
Laboratory of Biomedical Material Engineering, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 457 Zhongshan Road, Dalian 116023, China
Biotechnol Prog 21:1289-96. 2005..It demonstrated that the MMTS has the potential to be a rapid and valid in vitro model to screen chemotherapeutic drugs with a feature to mimic in vivo three-dimensional (3-D) cell growth pattern...
- Antitumor effects due to irreversible stoppage of tumor tissue blood flow: evaluation of a novel combretastatin A-4 derivative, AC7700K Hori
Department of Vascular Biology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai
Jpn J Cancer Res 90:1026-38. 1999..AC7700 has been demonstrated to be a promising anticancer compound which has such an action...
- Synthesis of chlorin e6-transferrin and demonstration of its light-dependent in vitro breast cancer cell killing abilityPhilip G Cavanaugh
The Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, CA 92649, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 72:117-30. 2002..The conjugate demonstrated potential as an anti-cancer agent...
- EGFR associated expression profiles vary with breast tumor subtypeKatherine A Hoadley
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Genomics 8:258. 2007..An EGFR-associated gene expression signature was identified in the basal-like SUM102 cell line and was used to classify a diverse set of sporadic breast tumors...
- Relationship between expression of topoisomerase II isoforms and intrinsic sensitivity to topoisomerase II inhibitors in breast cancer cell linesS Houlbrook
Molecular Oncology Laboratories, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Br J Cancer 72:1454-61. 1995..No relationship was found between the level of mRNA for topoisomerase II alpha or beta, and either sensitivity of breast cancer cell lines to topoisomerase II inhibitors or the level of topoisomerase II protein expression...
- Sensitization of human tumor cells to CPT-11 via adenoviral-mediated delivery of a rabbit liver carboxylesteraseM Wierdl
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 61:5078-82. 2001..These data suggest that the described reagents may be suitable for use in vivo in a viral-directed enzyme prodrug therapy approach using CPT-11...
- Appraisal of the MTT assay as a rapid test of chemosensitivity in acute myeloid leukaemiaJ M Sargent
Department of Haematology, Pembury Hospital, Kent, UK
Br J Cancer 60:206-10. 1989..The test can be repeated throughout the course of the disease to help identify any change in tumour sensitivity. This technique appears to give useful information to assist in the management of acute myeloid leukaemia...
- The use of an in vitro adenosine triphosphate-based chemotherapy response assay to predict chemotherapeutic response in breast cancerHyun Ah Kim
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, Ewha Womans University and Ewha Medical Research Institute, 911 1 MokDong, Yangcheon Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Breast 17:19-26. 2008..Our results show that ATP-CRA has high specificity and positive predictive value for predicting response to chemotherapy...
- Differential sensitivity of human colon cancer cell lines to the nucleoside analogs ARC and DRBUppoor G Bhat
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Cancer 122:1426-9. 2008..Overall, ARC could represent an attractive candidate for anti-cancer drug development that targets multiple survival pathways in colon cancer cells...
- Aurilides B and C, cancer cell toxins from a Papua New Guinea collection of the marine cyanobacterium Lyngbya majusculaBingnan Han
College of Pharmacy, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Nat Prod 69:572-5. 2006....
- Adenosine triphosphate-based chemotherapy response assay (ATP-CRA)-guided platinum-based 2-drug chemotherapy for unresectable nonsmall-cell lung cancerYong Wha Moon
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei Cancer Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, and Department of Division of Hemato Oncology, National Health Insurance Corp, Ilsan Hospital, Kyonggi Do, Korea
Cancer 109:1829-35. 2007..The study investigated correlations between adenosine triphosphate / chemotherapy response assay (ATP-CRA) and clinical outcomes after ATP-CRA-guided platinum-based chemotherapy for unresectable nonsmall-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Metabolomic profiling of drug responses in acute myeloid leukaemia cell linesStefano Tiziani
CR UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Henry Wellcome Building for Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy HWB NMR, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e4251. 2009..This opens new perspectives to use metabolic profiling as a tool to study the rational redeployment of drugs in new disease settings...
- The anti-malarial artesunate is also active against cancerT Efferth
Virtual Campus Rhineland Palatinate, P O Box 4380, D 55033 Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 18:767-73. 2001..None of the other DNA repair or DNA check-point deficient isogenic strains were different from the wild-type. These results and the known low toxicity of ART are clues that ART may be a promising novel candidate for cancer chemotherapy...
- Micro-array analysis of resistance for gemcitabine results in increased expression of ribonucleotide reductase subunitsK Smid
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 25:1001-7. 2006..Culture in the absence of gemcitabine reduced resistance as well as RRM1 RNA expression, demonstrating a direct relationship of RRM1 RNA expression with acquired resistance to gemcitabine...
- Redefining the target: chemotherapeutics as antiangiogenicsK D Miller
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:1195-206. 2001..Finally, we describe potential mechanisms of resistance to antiangiogenic chemotherapies-some of which may apply to the pure antiangiogenics currently in development...
- Impact of intracellular chloride concentration on cisplatin accumulation in sensitive and resistant GLC4 cellsMilena Salerno
Laboratoire de Biophysique Moléculaire Cellulaire et Tissulaire, UMR CNRS 7033, UFR SMBH, Universite Paris 13, Bobigny, France
J Biol Inorg Chem 14:123-32. 2009..Our findings indicate that increase of intracellular chloride concentration may be a major determinant of CDDP resistance...
- Activity of PXD101, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, in preclinical ovarian cancer studiesXiaozhong Qian
CuraGen Corporation, 322 East Main Street, Branford, CT 06405, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2086-95. 2006..Taken together, these results support the clinical evaluation of PXD101 used alone or in combination therapy for the treatment of ovarian cancer...
- BPR0L075, a novel synthetic indole compound with antimitotic activity in human cancer cells, exerts effective antitumoral activity in vivoChing Chuan Kuo
Division of Cancer Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Res 64:4621-8. 2004..v. doses of 50 mg/kg in nude mice. These findings indicate BPR0L075 is a promising anticancer compound with antimitotic activity that has potential for management of various malignancies, particularly for patients with drug resistance...
- A prospective randomized controlled trial of tumour chemosensitivity assay directed chemotherapy versus physician's choice in patients with recurrent platinum-resistant ovarian cancerIan A Cree
Translational Oncology Research Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Anticancer Drugs 18:1093-101. 2007..The ATP-based tumour chemosensitivity assay remains an investigational method in this condition...
- Resistance gene expression determines the in vitro chemosensitivity of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Sharon Glaysher
Translational Oncology Research Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth PO6 3LY, UK
BMC Cancer 9:300. 2009..This study has tested the hypothesis that the molecular basis of the observed in vitro chemosensitivity of NSCLC lies within the known resistance mechanisms inherent to these patients' tumors...
- An integrated database of chemosensitivity to 55 anticancer drugs and gene expression profiles of 39 human cancer cell linesShingo Dan
Division of Molecular Pharmacology, Cancer Chemotherapy Center, Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 8455
Cancer Res 62:1139-47. 2002..Therefore, the integrated database approach of gene expression and chemosensitivity profiles may be useful in the development of systems to predict drug efficacies of cancer cells by examining the expression levels of particular genes...
- Identification of a small molecule with synthetic lethality for K-ras and protein kinase C iotaWei Guo
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 68:7403-8. 2008..Our results indicate that oncrasin-1 or its active analogues could be a novel class of anticancer agents, which effectively kill K-Ras mutant cancer cells...
- Structure-based design of spiro-oxindoles as potent, specific small-molecule inhibitors of the MDM2-p53 interactionKe Ding
Department of Internal Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Med Chem 49:3432-5. 2006..MI-63 has excellent specificity over cancer cells with deleted p53 and shows a minimal toxicity to normal cells...
- Targeting the loss of the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor gene in renal cell carcinoma cellsPatrick D Sutphin
Program in Cancer Biology, Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Cancer Res 67:5896-905. 2007....
- Clinical evaluation of chemosensitivity testing for patients with unresectable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using collagen gel droplet embedded culture drug sensitivity test (CD-DST)Masafumi Kawamura
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 59:507-13. 2007..In the present study, we prospectively evaluated the clinical feasibility and efficacy of collagen gel droplet embedded culture drug sensitivity test (CD-DST) in unresectable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) without previous treatment...
- Culicinin D, an antitumor peptaibol produced by the fungus Culicinomyces clavisporus, strain LL-12I252Haiyin He
Wyeth Research, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
J Nat Prod 69:736-41. 2006..Studies on the 3D structure of 4 using NOE data and computer modeling revealed a dominant conformation of the right-handed helix...
- Enhancement of Apo2L/TRAIL-mediated cytotoxicity in esophageal cancer cells by cisplatinWilson S Tsai
Section of Thoracic Oncology, Surgery Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Room 4 4W 3940, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1502, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2977-90. 2006....
- A novel natural compound, a cycloanthranilylproline derivative (Fuligocandin B), sensitizes leukemia cells to apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) through 15-deoxy-Delta 12, 14 prostaglandin J2 productionHiroo Hasegawa
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Blood 110:1664-74. 2007..These results indicate that 15d-PGJ(2) sensitizes TRAIL-resistant cells to TRAIL in a PPAR gamma-independent manner and that the use of 15d-PGJ(2) or its inducers, such as FCB, is a new strategy for cancer therapy...
- The sesquiterpene lactone parthenolide induces selective apoptosis of B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells in vitroA J Steele
Department of Hematology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Leukemia 20:1073-9. 2006..This is the first report showing the relative selectivity of PTL towards CLL cells. The data here warrant further investigation of this class of natural product as potential therapeutic agents for CLL...
- Anticancer medicines in development: assessment of bioactivity profiles within the National Cancer Institute anticancer screening dataDavid G Covell
National Cancer Institute Frederick, Developmental Therapeutics Program, Screening Technologies Branch, Laboratory of Computational Technologies, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2261-70. 2007..These results are extended to applications of two-dimensional structural features to further refine compound selections based on tumor panel sensitivity obtained from tumor screening results...
- Dihydroxystyrene metabolites from an association of the sponges Poecillastra wondoensis and Jaspis spYong Ha Chang
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Nat Prod 71:779-83. 2008..Several compounds exhibited weak to moderate inhibitory effects against isocitrate lyase and sortase A enzymes derived from microorganisms...
- Guggulsterone inhibits tumor cell proliferation, induces S-phase arrest, and promotes apoptosis through activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase, suppression of Akt pathway, and downregulation of antiapoptotic gene productsShishir Shishodia
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, Unit 143, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Biochem Pharmacol 74:118-30. 2007..Overall, our results indicate that guggulsterone can inhibit cell proliferation and induce apoptosis through the activation of JNK, suppression of Akt, and downregulation of antiapoptotic protein expression...
- The nucleoside analog sangivamycin induces apoptotic cell death in breast carcinoma MCF7/adriamycin-resistant cells via protein kinase Cdelta and JNK activationSung A Lee
Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1482, USA
J Biol Chem 282:15271-83. 2007..Taken together, our data suggest that sangivamycin induces mitochondria-mediated apoptotic cell death of MCF7/ADR cells via activation of JNK in a protein kinase Cdelta-dependent manner...
- Cytotoxic withanolides from Tubocapsicum anomalumPei Wen Hsieh
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, School of Pharmcy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Nat Prod 70:747-53. 2007..The structure of 1 and 3 were further confirmed by X-ray crystallographic analysis. Compounds 1, 4-6, 8-10, and 13 showed significant cytotoxic activity against Hep G2, Hep 3B, A-549, MDA-MB-231, MCF-7, and MRC-5 cell lines...
- Pharmacogenomic strategies provide a rational approach to the treatment of cisplatin-resistant patients with advanced cancerDavid S Hsu
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4350-7. 2007..We utilized a genomic strategy to develop signatures predictive of chemotherapeutic response to both cisplatin and pemetrexed to provide a rational approach to effective individualized medicine...
- (1)H and (13)C NMR signal assignments of paecilin A and B, two new chromone derivatives from mangrove endophytic fungus Paecilomyces sp. (tree 1-7)Zhiyong Guo
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, SunYat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Magn Reson Chem 45:777-80. 2007..In our cytotoxicity assays, secalonic D (3) showed cytotoxicity toward KB cells with IC(50) < 1 microg ml(-1) and inhibiting human topoisomerase I with IC(50) at 0.16 micromol ml(-1). 1, 2, and 4 showed no activity to KB cells...
- Cytotoxic activity of the third-generation bisphosphonate zoledronic acid in acute myeloid leukemiaMichael Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Leuk Res 31:531-9. 2007..Both agents, however, exerted an additive cytotoxicity as revealed by isobologram-analysis and combination index. These data warrant further investigation of ZOL in the treatment of AML...
- Gene expression patterns within cell lines are predictive of chemosensitivityBrian Z Ring
Applied Genomics Inc, Burlingame, CA, 94010, USA
BMC Genomics 9:74. 2008..A strong correlation between the pattern of expression of a biomarker and sensitivity to a compound could suggest a clinically interesting biological relationship between the two...
- In vitro drug sensitivity predicts response and survival after individualized sensitivity-directed chemotherapy in metastatic melanoma: a multicenter phase II trial of the Dermatologic Cooperative Oncology GroupSelma Ugurel
Skin Cancer Unit, German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg and Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:5454-63. 2006..This multicenter phase II trial was aimed to investigate the efficacy of a sensitivity-directed, first-line chemotherapy in metastasized melanoma patients, and to prove an association between in vitro sensitivity and therapy outcome...
- Kahalalide derivatives from the Indian sacoglossan mollusk Elysia grandifoliaMohamed Ashour
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie und Biotechnologie, Heinrich Heine Universitat Dusseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, Geb 26 23, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Nat Prod 69:1547-53. 2006..The new derivative kahalalide R was found to exert comparable or even higher cytotoxicity than the potential drug candidate kahalalide F toward the MCF7 human mammary carcinoma cell line...
- Ex vivo assessment of chemotherapy-induced apoptosis and associated molecular changes in patient tumor samplesFarzaneh Pirnia
Institute of Medical Oncology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Anticancer Res 26:1765-72. 2006..One of the few possible approaches is serial biopsies in patients. However, this type of research is severely limited by methodological and ethical constraints...
- Structure-activity relationships for cytotoxic ruthenium(II) arene complexes containing N,N-, N,O-, and O,O-chelating ligandsAbraha Habtemariam
School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JJ, UK, and University of Edinburgh Centre for Cancer Research, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road South, Edinburgh EH4 2XR, UK
J Med Chem 49:6858-68. 2006..Complexes were not cross-resistant with cisplatin, and cross-resistance to Adriamycin was circumvented by replacing XY=en with 1,2-phenylenediamine. Some complexes were also active against colon, pancreatic, and lung cancer cells...
- In vitro chemosensitivity test to predict chemosensitivity for paclitaxel, using human gastric carcinoma tissuesYasuhiro Kodera
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 11:449-53. 2006..Therapy guided by chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays may lead to rational treatment decisions. Paclitaxel, one of several new drugs for gastric carcinoma, has not been extensively evaluated by in vitro chemosensitivity tests...
- Determination of the mechanism of gemcitabine modulation of cisplatin drug resistance in panel of human endometrial cancer cell linesJudith A Smith
Division of Pharmacy, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
Gynecol Oncol 103:518-22. 2006..To evaluate the mechanism that gemcitabine modulates cisplatin drug resistance in endometrial cancer cell lines...
- Chemistry of renieramycins. Part 8: synthesis and cytotoxicity evaluation of renieramycin M-jorunnamycin A analoguesKornvika Charupant
Department of Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceutical Botany, Center for Bioactive Natural Products from Marine Organisms and Endophytic Fungi BNPME, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Bioorg Med Chem 17:4548-58. 2009..2'-Pyridinecarboxylic acid ester derivative (9c) exhibited a threefold increase in cytotoxicity relative to 1m...
- MS-1020 is a novel small molecule that selectively inhibits JAK3 activityByung Hak Kim
Pediatrics Hematology Oncology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 148:132-43. 2010..These results suggest that MS-1020 may have therapeutic potential in the treatment of cancers harbouring aberrant JAK3 signalling...
- RhoA silencing reverts the resistance to doxorubicin in human colon cancer cellsSophie Doublier
Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Mol Cancer Res 6:1607-20. 2008..Therefore, we suggest that inactivating RhoA has potential clinical applications and might in the future become part of a gene therapy protocol...
- Cytotoxic bromotyrosine derivatives from a two-sponge association of Jaspis sp. and Poecillastra spPramod B Shinde
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Geumjung ku, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:6414-8. 2008..Compounds 1-4, 6, 10, and 12 were evaluated for cytotoxicity against a small panel of five human solid tumor cell lines and their activity was compared in relevance to their structure...
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Technology Assessment: chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assaysDeborah Schrag
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Cancer Policy and Clinical Affairs, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3631-8. 2004..To develop a technology assessment of chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays in order to define the role of these tests in routine oncology practice...
- Menadione reduction by pharmacological doses of ascorbate induces an oxidative stress that kills breast cancer cellsRaphael Beck
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain Drug Research Institute, Toxicology and Cancer Biology Research Group, PMNT Unit, Belgium
Int J Toxicol 28:33-42. 2009..Since ascorbate is taken up by cancer cells and, due to their antioxidant enzyme deficiency, oxidative stress should affect cancer cells to a greater extent than normal cells. This differential sensitivity may have clinical applications...
- Detailed NMR, including 1,1-ADEQUATE, and anticancer studies of compounds from the echinoderm Colobometra perspinosaAnthony D Wright
Australian Institute of Marine Science, PMB No 3, Townsville MC, Townsville 4810, Australia
Mar Drugs 7:565-75. 2009..The NMR data for 4 and 5 are reported here for the first time, as is their occurrence from the marine environment. The in vitro anticancer activity of the original extract was found to be associated with 1, 3 and 5...
- Cytotoxic activity and cellular processing in human ovarian carcinoma cell lines of a new platinum(II) compound containing a fluorescent substituted propylene diamine ligandPatricia Marqués-Gallego
Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Gorlaeus Laboratories, Leiden University, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Biochem Pharmacol 78:365-73. 2009..Additionally, the reaction of cis-[Pt(bapda)Cl2] with 9-ethylguanine appears to be very slow, as studied by 1H and 195Pt NMR spectroscopy...
- Antitumoral and antiangiogenic efficacy of bisphosphonates in vitro and in a murine RENCA modelJens Soltau
Cancer Hospital Sanafontis, Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Anticancer Res 28:933-41. 2008..In this study the antiangiogenic potency of zoledronic acid and clodronate were evaluated...
- Bcl-2 overexpression enhances in vitro sensitivity against docetaxel in non-small cell lung cancerYoshimasa Inoue
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, 2 11 1, Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 173 8605, Japan
Oncol Rep 13:259-64. 2005..On the other hand, positive P-gp expression may be an indicator of enhanced in vitro resistance to CDDP in pulmonary adenocarcinomas...
- Apoptosis and tumor remission in liver tumor xenografts by 4-phenylbutyrateIrina Svechnikova
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addiction Research Section, Karolinska Hospital, CMM, L8 01, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Oncol 22:579-88. 2003..Reduction in expression of alpha-fetoprotein was found both in Hep3B cells and xenografts, suggesting also a differentiation effect by PB...
- Inhibiting JNK dephosphorylation and induction of apoptosis by novel anticancer agent NSC-741909 in cancer cellsXiaoli Wei
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 284:16948-55. 2009..Thus, NSC-741909-mediated inhibition of JNK dephosphorylation results in sustained JNK activation, which leads to apoptosis in cancer cells...
- Enhanced antitumor activity of combinations of free and HPMA copolymer-bound drugsJ Hongrapipat
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Int J Pharm 351:259-70. 2008..95, respectively. However, all other combinations were synergistic up to fa<0.9 and were additive at higher fa values. The observations that most combinations produced synergistic effects will be important for clinical translation...
- Antineoplastic agents. 499. Synthesis of hystatin 2 and related 1H-benzo[de][1,6]-naphthyridinium salts from aaptamineGeorge R Pettit
Cancer Research Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Arizona State University, Box 872404, Tempe, Arizona 85287 2404, USA
J Med Chem 47:1775-82. 2004..Naphthyridinium chloride 8a was selected for further development, and results of an initial cell cycle analysis and a cDNA microarray study showed effects consistent with inhibition of the S-phase of cell growth...
- Phellinus linteus sensitises apoptosis induced by doxorubicin in prostate cancerL Collins
Department of Pathology, K522, Boston University School of Medicine, 80 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Cancer 95:282-8. 2006..Our study also suggests that PL has therapeutic potential to augment the magnitude of apoptosis induced by antiprostate cancer drugs...
- Use of isogenic human cancer cells for high-throughput screening and drug discoveryC J Torrance
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Nat Biotechnol 19:940-5. 2001..The present data demonstrate a broadly applicable approach for mining therapeutic agents targeted to the specific genetic alterations responsible for cancer development...
- Interference by anti-cancer chemotherapeutic agents in the MTT-tumor chemosensitivity assayEngin Ulukaya
University of Uludag, School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, Bursa, Turkey
Chemotherapy 50:43-50. 2004..The MTT assay is one of the methods used to predict the drug response in malignancies. However, it may suffer from interference by the anticancer drugs with the MTT assay...
- A novel combretastatin A-4 derivative, AC-7700, shows marked antitumor activity against advanced solid tumors and orthotopically transplanted tumorsY Nihei
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki
Jpn J Cancer Res 90:1016-25. 1999..These results suggest that AC-7700 is a novel antivascular agent that may have potent activity against advanced-stage cancer in the clinical setting...
- A bioactive secosterol with an unusual A- and B-ring oxygenation pattern isolated from an Indonesian soft coral Lobophytum spL A Morris
Department of Chemistry, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, U K
J Nat Prod 61:538-41. 1998..The structures of 1 was solved by 2D NMR methods and by chemical shift analogy to the known secogorgosterol 2. Compound 1 was found to have activity against human ovarian tumor and human leukemia cell lines...
- Ex vivo programmed cell death and the prediction of response to chemotherapyRobert A Nagourney
Rational Therapeutics, 750 East 29th Street, Long Beach, CA 90806, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 7:103-10. 2006..This article briefly reviews the history of whole-cell experimental models of in vitro chemosensitivity testing then focuses on cell-death measures as the most robust predictors of clinical outcome in human cancer...
- Effect of culture conditions on the chemosensitivity of ovarian cancer cell linesAugusta Fernando
Translational Oncology Research Centre, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Anticancer Drugs 17:913-9. 2006..Such a panel could be used to screen and develop anticancer drugs...
- Chemosensitivity and resistance assays: a systematic review?Robert Nagourney
J Clin Oncol 23:3640-1; author reply 3646-8. 2005
- Erlotinib hydrochlorideJonathan Dowell
Nat Rev Drug Discov 4:13-4. 2005
- Doxorubicin-PAMAM dendrimer complex attached to liposomes: cytotoxic studies against human cancer cell linesAristarchos Papagiannaros
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, 15771 Zografou Athens, Greece
Int J Pharm 302:29-38. 2005..Liposomal formulations composed of lipids and of a drug-dendrimer complex could be characterized as modulatory liposomal controlled release system (MLCRS), and could provide benefits to the delivery of drugs and modulate their release...
- Chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays: a systematic reviewDavid J Samson
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Technology Evaluation Center, Washington, DC 20005, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:3618-30. 2004..This systematic review evaluates evidence comparing therapy guided by chemotherapy sensitivity and resistance assays with empiric chemotherapy, emphasizing survival outcomes...
- Progress in the development and acquisition of anticancer agents from marine sourcesM L Amador
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Ann Oncol 14:1607-15. 2003
- Didmolamide A and B, two new cyclic hexapeptides from the marine ascidian Didemnum molleAmira Rudi
School of Chemistry, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv 69978, Israel
J Nat Prod 66:575-7. 2003..The structure of the two peptides was elucidated by interpretation of MS, COSY, HMQC, and HMBC data. The absolute configuration of all amino acids was determined to be l using Marfey's method for HPLC...
- Heterogeneity of chemosensitivity of metastatic cutaneous melanomaI A Cree
Department of Pathology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, UK
Anticancer Drugs 10:437-44. 1999..This provides the rationale for future randomized controlled trials of ATP-TCA-directed chemotherapy versus physician's choice to determine whether assay-directed chemotherapy can improve patient response and survival...
- Antitumor Agents. 211. Fluorinated 2-phenyl-4-quinolone derivatives as antimitotic antitumor agentsY Xia
Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-7360, USA
J Med Chem 44:3932-6. 2001..46 microM) and of radiolabeled colchicine binding to tubulin, with activities comparable to those of the potent antimitotic natural products colchicine, podophyllotoxin, and combretastatin A-4...
- Chemistry of renieramycins. Part 5. Structure elucidation of renieramycin-type derivatives O, Q, R, and S from thai marine sponge Xestospongia species pretreated with potassium cyanideSurattana Amnuoypol
Bioactive Marine Natural Products Chemistry Research Unit BMNCU, Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Nat Prod 67:1023-8. 2004..Their structures were elucidated by comparison of spectral data with those of recently reported renieramycins M (1m) and N (1n). The results of transformation and cytotoxicity measurements are also described...
- Array-based structure and gene expression relationship study of antitumor sulfonamides including N-[2-[(4-hydroxyphenyl)amino]-3-pyridinyl]-4-methoxybenzenesulfonamide and N-(3-chloro-7-indolyl)-1,4-benzenedisulfonamideTakashi Owa
Eisai Co, Ltd, 5 1 3 Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
J Med Chem 45:4913-22. 2002..These results provide an example of the utility of structure and gene expression relationship studies in medicinal genomics...
- Gold dithiocarbamate derivatives as potential antineoplastic agents: design, spectroscopic properties, and in vitro antitumor activityLuca Ronconi
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Padua, Via Marzolo 1, 35131 Padua, Italy
Inorg Chem 44:1867-81. 2005....
- Development of cobalt(3,4-diarylsalen) complexes as tumor therapeuticsRonald Gust
Institute of Pharmacy, Free University of Berlin, Konigin Luise Strasse 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Med Chem 47:5837-46. 2004..Therefore, a mode of action based on a cobalt-catalyzed oxidative damage of the DNA is not very likely...
- Haterumaimides F-I, four new cytotoxic diterpene alkaloids from an ascidian Lissoclinum speciesM J Uddin
Department of Chemistry, Biology and Marine Science, University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara-cho, Okinawa 903-0213, Japan
J Nat Prod 64:1169-73. 2001..Haterumaimides F-I (1-4) inhibited the first cleavage of fertilized sea urchin eggs and exhibited potent to weak cytotoxicities against P388 cells...
- Taurolidine: cytotoxic and mechanistic evaluation of a novel antineoplastic agentP Calabresi
Department of Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Brown University and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Cancer Res 61:6816-21. 2001..Administration of this regimen to nude mice bearing i.p. human ovarian tumor xenografts significantly inhibited both tumor formation and growth. These findings are discussed in light of their clinical implications...
- Synthesis and antitumor activity of some curcumin analogsKhairia M Youssef
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 338:181-9. 2005..This may be attributed to an increased positive inductive effect and/or increased lipophilicity of the new compounds, a fact which is proven by the superior activities of compounds 17 and 18...
- Selective cancer cell killing by alpha-tocopheryl succinateJ Neuzil
Institute for Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 9, Munich, 80336, Germany
Br J Cancer 84:87-9. 2001..e. primary and non-transformed cells. These findings strongly suggest a potential of this micronutrient in the therapy and/or prevention of cancer without significant side-effects...
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGeorge R Pettit; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Target Focused Discovery of Anticancer DrugsGEORGE PETTIT; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the proposed research will be sharply aimed at the discovery and very rapid development of new anticancer drugs for the NCI programs direct at improving human cancer treatments. ..
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF NONPEPTIDE PROTEASE INHIBITORSArun K Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research integrates organic synthesis, protein-ligand x-ray crystallography, molecular modeling and in-depth virus and cell-biological studies to design the next generation of HIV-1 protease inhibitors. ..
- PRE-CLINICAL COMBINATION CHEMO- AND RADIOANTIBODY THERAPRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..2) Therapy-induced changes in marker expression post therapy can be identified clinically in small samples of circulating tumor cells. ..
- Enabling Technologies for Combinatorial ChemistryK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Doxorubicin-Immunoconjugate Therapy of Non-Hodgkin's LymphomaRhona Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- SYNTHETIC STUDIES RELATED TO CANCER RESEARCH/TREATMENTPaul Wender; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, this research program is expected to be of significant value in chemistry, biology, and medicine. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF AZADIRACHTINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed work is expected to impact the general areas of pharmaceutical and agricultural research, and infectious diseases in particular, through discoveries in synthetic organic chemistry and chemical biology. ..
- Anti-Angiogenesis/Drugs in Tumors--Bench /Bedside & BackRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2005..Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity for young investigators working on cancer to educate and familiarize themselves with the field of angiogenesis and the complexities of the system. ..
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Rexinoid Synergy in Prostate Cancer ApoptosisMarcia Dawson; Fiscal Year: 2009..We anticipate that our results will provide a more effective and less systemically toxic means of enhancing the efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents currently used to treat prostate cancer. ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Conference on Angiogenesis in Cancer and Other DiseasesRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2002..The meeting's synthesis of available information will be particularly thought-provoking for students and post- doctoral fellows. ..
- Role of BMDCs in Solid Tumor Growth and RelapseRakesh K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, our results will offer strategies for the inhibition of tumor relapse after radiotherapy by targeting molecular pathways that are critical for both angiogenesis and myeloid BMDC recruitment. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSK C Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF NATURAL PRODUCTSK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2002..3] sigmatropic rearrangement and a radical based ring closure to form the bicyclic skeleton. ..
- Integrative Biology of Tumor MetastasisRakesh Jain; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, we have the resources and the clinical collaborators in place to initiate a clinical trial based on our findings, as attested by our ongoing trial using a VEGF-specific antibody. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF LIGAND ASSISTED ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESESArun Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2001..Besides the broad range of scope and generality, this line of research will provide excellent opportunities to teach and train graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory. ..
- Inhibition of Alzheimer's Beta-Amyloid Fibril FormationDuy Hua; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, soluble oligomeric Abeta showed high neuronal toxicity. Inhibition of the formation of these toxic soluble Abeta oligomers would provide therapeutics for AD. ..
- ACYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORS AS ANTI RAS AGENTSCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Urokinase Receptor in Prostate Cancer ProgressionInder Sehgal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Roles of Nkx3.1 in prostate development and cancerCory Abate Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 protein expression. These mice will provide a valuable model for exploring the reversibility of prostate carcinogenesis in vivo. ..
- Bevacizumab and radiation therapy for sarcomasSam Yoon; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study explores a novel combination of the anti-angiogenic agent bevacizumab and radiation therapy for the treatment of STS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer by CurcuminSharmila Shankar; Fiscal Year: 2008..We expect the proposed studies to yield data in support of our hypothesis and to serve as a critical step in developing new approaches to prostate cancer prevention. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dual-color tumor-host imaging modelsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These models have significant commercial potential for discovery and development of stroma-targeted and anti-angiogenesis drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of Apigenin in Inhibiting Ovarian TumorigenesisBing Hua Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A novel sulindac derivative for colon cancer chemopreventionGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Roles for MSX1 in vertebrate embryogenesisCory Abate Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Taken together, our focused analyses of Msx homeoproteins will provide general paradigms for addressing the functional specificities of other homeoproteins in vivo. ..
- Chemoprevention of Esophageal Squamous Cell CarcinomaGary Stoner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DRUG DISCOVERY CORE FACILITYCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Establishment of this DDCF will provide an important bridge between basic and applied research, and so will enhance the research environment and advance cancer research. ..
- Cell-based Assay on MicrotranspondersWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The benefits of the program involve the advancement of cell-based assay technology, acceleration of drug discovery programs in research laboratories and pharmaceutical industry, and cost savings. ..
- Clofarabine: Cytarabine Activation for Leukemia ResponseStefan Faderl; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- NON-PROTEIN AMINO ACIDS AND TAXOID ANTITUMOR AGENTSIwao Ojima; Fiscal Year: 2002..Drug resistance in cancer chemotherapy is a serious problem. In order to solve this problem, the PI will continue his successful approach to the development of MDR reversal agents based on the strategic modification of baccatins. ..
- CMMI Human Subject Research Enhancement ProgramDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..3.) Provide travel expenses and educational materials for IRB members, investigators, and Regulatory Affairs Office personnel to attend meetings for educational enhancement. ..
- 9/10TH Conf./Cancer Therapy/Antibody/ImmunoconjugatesDavid Goldenberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conference chairman, Dr. Goldenberg, has secured two outstanding scientists as co-chairmen, Drs. Ralph Reisfeld (Scripps) and Edward Sausville (NCI). ..
- Farnesyltransferase Inhibitor Therapy for MyelodysplasiaRazelle Kurzrock; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Nucleolin--A Novel Target for Cancer Drug DiscoveryPaula Bates; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Conference on Photodynamic TherapyDavid Kessel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The most recent PDT meeting, sponsored by the International Photodynamic Assn, has more than 600 participants. ..
- New Ligands for Radioimmunotherapy and MRI of CancerHyun Soon Chong; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of the proposed research will contribute to the development of better drugs for both MRI and RIT, which will greatly enhance clinical exploration of both modalities, and directly benefit cancer patients. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- Biological Evaluation of CCI-779 in Brain TumorsManuel Hidalgo; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ISOLATION OF THE NEUROBLASTOMA PREDISPOSITION GENEJohn Maris; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, these experiments should lead to the identification of a common pathway to neuroblastoma tumorigenesis that will be an outstanding target for rationally designed therapeutics. ..
- Fluidic Sorter for MicrotranspondersWlodek Mandecki; Fiscal Year: 2005..An automatic sorter would enable combinatorial chemistry on microtransponders, accelerating drug discovery. The sorter, in a parallel application, will also reduce the cost of microtransponder kits for DNA and protein multiplex assay. ..
- Pharmacodynamic-guided Dose-finding Study of RapamycinManuel Hidalgo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall this study will determine the biologically active dose of rapamycin in cancer patients that can then be explored in disease-oriented studies. ..
- Biosynthesis of Hypotensive Phosphonopeptide Natural ProductsBrian O Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Metalloproteinase inhibitors have potential to treat a large number of human illnesses including hypertension, cancer and osteoarthritis, among others. ..
- RHOMOCYCSTEINASE FOR HOMOCYSTEINE ASSAYYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The tHCY enzymatic kits for these applications will be ready for commercial launch at this point. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- UNIQUE TISSUE AND TUMOR PROCESSING FACILITYAdi Gazdar; Fiscal Year: 2003..A charge back fee system will recover some of the costs and will be used for future expansion of the Facility, which is anticipated to become self sustaining after five years. ..
- Inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase for acne therapyLingna Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Liposomal 4-MA will be developed as a topical selectively targeted therapeutic for acne for which they should be a very market. ..
- Therapeutic hair follicle-derived neurospheresMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hair- follicle bulge cells will be further characterized and developed for therapeutic potential for nerve regeneration in Phase III. [unreadable]..
- Discovery of novel fluorescent reporter genesMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reporters with spectral properties that can be used for whole-body imaging of tumors in the lung and their metastases will be candidates for further development for numerous applications of multi-color imaging. ..
- Targeted tumoricidal bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future human trials of the tumor-killing bacteria can be held after the Phase I and Phase II grant periods are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imageable tumor-targeting bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adenoviral GFP targeting of metastatic human tumors using multiple delivery routeHiroyuki Kishimoto; Fiscal Year: 2008..Having obtained these results, we can move forward in the Phase II grant application with experiments to bring OBP-401 to the clinic for use in cancer surgery in human patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Orthotopic models of tumor angiogenesis and blood flowMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and breast carcinogenesisSatya Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- INTERACTION OF APC AND P53 IN COLORECTAL CARCINOGENESISSatya Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, novel therapeutic strategies may emerge with respect to potential new targets for chemotherapeutic intervention in colon cancer. ..
- TRIPTYCENE ANALOGS--NOVEL BIFUNCTIONAL ANTICANCER DRUGSJean Pierre Perchellet; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Prediction and assessment of response to targated therapy in pancreatic cancerSoner Altiok; Fiscal Year: 2007..We expect that this study will result in validation of the novel PD approaches and will also inform further assessment and refinement in future hypothesis testing studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..