Genomes and Genes
Summary: The technique of using FIXATIVES in the preparation of cytologic, histologic, or pathologic specimens for the purpose of maintaining the existing form and structure of all the constituent elements.
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Gene expression in fixed tissues and outcome in hepatocellular carcinomaYujin Hoshida
Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1995-2004. 2008..An obstacle to the development of genome-based predictors of outcome in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma has been the lack of a means to carry out genomewide expression profiling of fixed, as opposed to frozen, tissue...
- Formalin fixation at low temperature better preserves nucleic acid integrityGianni Bussolati
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e21043. 2011..that RNA fragmentation is caused by activation of RNAses during the interval between formalin penetration and tissue fixation. To prevent RNAse activation, a series of tissue samples were kept under-vacuum at 4°C until fixation and ..
- RNA expression analysis from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissuesSusan M Farragher
Almac Diagnostics, Craigavon, 19 Seagoe Industrial Estate, Armagh BT635QD, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 130:435-45. 2008..This paper reviews the progress in this field and discusses the unique opportunities that exist for the application of these techniques in the development of personalized medicine...
- Whole-genome gene expression profiling of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue samplesCraig April
Illumina, Inc, San Diego, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8162. 2009..We have developed a gene expression assay (Whole-Genome DASL), capable of generating whole-genome gene expression profiles from degraded samples such as formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) specimens...
- The isolation of nucleic acids from fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues-which methods are useful when?M Thomas P Gilbert
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e537. 2007..Our findings recommend that the extraction methodology adopted should be chosen carefully. Here we provide a quick reference table that can be used to determine appropriate protocols for particular aims...
- Generation of high-quality protein extracts from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesMaria Filippa Addis
Porto Conte Ricerche Srl, Tramariglio, Alghero, Sassari, Italy
Proteomics 9:3815-23. 2009..An evaluation of the extent of modifications introduced on proteins by formalin fixation and crosslink reversal, and their impact on quality of MS results, is also reported...
- Determinants of RNA quality from FFPE samplesSilke von Ahlfen
QIAGEN GmbH, Hilden, Germany
PLoS ONE 2:e1261. 2007..The results are particularly relevant for any application relying on cDNA synthesis as an initial step of the procedure, such as RT-PCR, and microarray analysis...
- Gene expression profiles from formalin fixed paraffin embedded breast cancer tissue are largely comparable to fresh frozen matched tissueLorenza Mittempergher
Divisions of Experimental Therapy, Molecular Biology, Surgical Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e17163. 2011..To this end we profiled, in duplicate, 20 FFPE tissues and 20 matched FF tissues and evaluated the concordance of the DASL results from FFPE and matched FF material...
- Automated extraction of DNA and RNA from a single formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue section for analysis of both single-nucleotide polymorphisms and mRNA expressionGuido Hennig
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products, Molecular Research Germany, Cologne, Germany
Clin Chem 56:1845-53. 2010..We investigated a fully automated, xylene-free nucleic acid extraction method for the simultaneous analysis of RNA and DNA biomarkers related to breast cancer...
- Limited copy number-high resolution melting (LCN-HRM) enables the detection and identification by sequencing of low level mutations in cancer biopsiesHongdo Do
Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Mol Cancer 8:82. 2009..The dilutions used (based on Ct values) are chosen such that mutations, if present, can be detected by the direct sequencing of amplicons with aberrant melting patterns...
- Application of a BRAF pyrosequencing assay for mutation detection and copy number analysis in malignant melanomaCynthia Spittle
Clinical Translational Medicine, Oncology, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Rd, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
J Mol Diagn 9:464-71. 2007..Pyro-sequencing serves as an excellent platform for BRAF genotyping of tumors from patients entering clinical trial...
- Systematic analysis of microRNA expression of RNA extracted from fresh frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samplesYaguang Xi
Cancer Genomics Laboratory, Mitchell Cancer Institute, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
RNA 13:1668-74. 2007..There are no significant differences of representative miRNA expression among 40 colorectal cancer FFPE specimens. This study provides a foundation for miRNA investigation using FFPE samples in cancer and other types of diseases...
- Histological assessment of PAXgene tissue fixation and stabilization reagentsMarcel Kap
Department of Pathology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e27704. 2011..It is our aim to assess the suitability of PAXgene tissue fixation for (immuno)histological methods...
- The HOPE fixation technique--a promising alternative to common prostate cancer biobanking approachesMartin Braun
Institute of Prostate Cancer Research, Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:511. 2011..Aim of the study was to compare HOPE-fixed, FFPE and fresh-frozen bio-specimens for their accessibility for diagnostic and research purposes...
- DNA extraction from archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections based on the antigen retrieval principle: heating under the influence of pHShan Rong Shi
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 50:1005-11. 2002..These findings may lead to a more effective protocol for DNA extraction from archival paraffin-embedded tissues and may also provide enhanced understanding of changes that occur during formalin-induced modification of nucleic acids...
- A multiplex PCR predictor for aCGH success of FFPE samplesE H van Beers
Division of Experimental Therapy, Netherlands Cancer Institute NKI AvL, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 94:333-7. 2006....
- Quantitative protein analysis from formalin-fixed tissues: implications for translational clinical research and nanoscale molecular diagnosisK F Becker
Technische Universitat, Institut fur Pathologie, Munchen, Germany
J Pathol 211:370-8. 2007..This technique may also be used to identify, characterize, and validate known and new protein markers in a variety of human diseases...
- Proteomic analysis of formalin-fixed prostate cancer tissueBrian L Hood
Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technologies, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1741-53. 2005....
- Comparison of gene expression profiling by reverse transcription quantitative PCR between fresh frozen and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded breast cancer tissuesIker Sánchez-Navarro
Laboratory of Molecular Pathology and Oncology, Research Unit, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Biotechniques 48:389-97. 2010..Our results could serve as a guide when developing clinical diagnostic tests based on RT-qPCR analyses of FFPE tissues in the coming era of treatment decision-making based on gene expression profiling...
- Relative indices of water diffusion anisotropy are equivalent in live and formalin-fixed mouse brainsShu Wei Sun
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri
Magn Reson Med 50:743-8. 2003..The combination of DTI measurements and standard histology may shed light on the microstructural determinants of diffusion anisotropy in normal and disease states...
- Quantitative expression profiling in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samples by affymetrix microarraysDiana Abdueva
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Research Institute and Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:409-17. 2010..This study provides guidelines for application of these methods in the discovery, validation, and clinical application of microarray expression profiling with FFPE material...
- KRAS mutation: comparison of testing methods and tissue sampling techniques in colon cancerWilbur A Franklin
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Denver, Fitzsimons Campus, 12801 E 17 Ave, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Mol Diagn 12:43-50. 2010..We conclude that coring of the paraffin blocks and testing by ARMS/S is a sensitive, specific, and efficient method for KRAS testing...
- A gene-protein assay for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2): brightfield tricolor visualization of HER2 protein, the HER2 gene, and chromosome 17 centromere (CEN17) in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded breast cancer tissue sectionsHiroaki Nitta
Medical Innovation, Ventana Medical Systems, Inc, Tucson, AZ, USA
Diagn Pathol 7:60. 2012....
- Standardization in immunohistologyAnthony S Y Leong
University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Methods Mol Biol 724:37-68. 2011..b>Tissue fixation is pivotal to antigen preservation but exposure to fixative prior to accessioning by the laboratory is not ..
- Effect of ischemic time, fixation time, and fixative type on HER2/neu immunohistochemical and fluorescence in situ hybridization results in breast cancerNeda A Moatamed
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 136:754-61. 2011..Our study demonstrates that HER2/neu results remain accurate beyond ASCO/CAP-recommended preanalytic variables, with the exception of Bouin solution for FISH analysis...
- The use of formalin fixed wax embedded tissue for proteomic analysisLynda D Ralton
Department of Pathology, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
J Clin Pathol 64:297-302. 2011..The purpose of this review is to provide an overview of the issues associated with the use of formalin fixed wax embedded tissues for proteomics...
- Extreme loss of immunoreactive p-Akt and p-Erk1/2 during routine fixation of primary breast cancerIsabel F Pinhel
Department of Academic Biochemistry, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
Breast Cancer Res 12:R76. 2010Very few studies have investigated whether the time elapsed between surgical resection and tissue fixation or the difference between core-cut and excision biopsies impact on immunohistochemically measured biomarkers including ..
- Genome-wide expression analysis of recently processed formalin-fixed paraffin embedded human prostate tissuesThomas A Dunn
Department of Urology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Prostate 69:214-8. 2009..However, the overall impact of the FFPE procedure alone on the reliability and accuracy of expression data, without influences from additional compromising factors introduced during long-term storage, has not been vigorously assessed...
- KRAS analysis in colorectal carcinoma: analytical aspects of Pyrosequencing and allele-specific PCR in clinical practiceMagnus Sundstrom
Molecular Pathology Unit, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Cancer 10:660. 2010..Several procedures to detect KRAS mutations have been developed. However, the analytical sensitivity and specificity of these assays on routine clinical samples are not yet fully characterised...
- Quantitative DNA methylation analysis of laser capture microdissected formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissuesJean Francois Gagnon
Service de Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Affilie Universitaire De Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Exp Mol Pathol 88:184-9. 2010..Our data demonstrate that this assay based on digestion with MSRE and qPCR procedures is a good technique to quantify MP on limited amounts of DNA and may find clinical applications...
- Whole genome SNP arrays using DNA derived from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded ovarian tumor tissueElla R Thompson
VBCRC Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hum Mutat 26:384-9. 2005..This advance will open up vast archival tissue resources to high-resolution genetic analysis and unlock a wealth of biological information...
- Evaluation of ethanol-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues for proteomic applicationsMamoun Ahram
Pathogenetics Unit, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proteomics 3:413-21. 2003..In light of these results, we conclude that ethanol-fixed tissues can be successfully utilized for proteomic analyses...
- Diffusion imaging of whole, post-mortem human brains on a clinical MRI scannerKarla L Miller
FMRIB Centre, Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Neuroimage 57:167-81. 2011..Despite these alterations, diffusion tractography of several major tracts is successfully demonstrated at both resolutions. We also report novel findings of cortical anisotropy and partial volume effects...
- Evaluation and validation of total RNA extraction methods for microRNA expression analyses in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesMartina Doleshal
Asuragen, Inc, Austin, TX 78744, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:203-11. 2008....
- DNA extraction from archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues: heat-induced retrieval in alkaline solutionShan Rong Shi
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine HMR 204, 2011 Zonal Avenue, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Histochem Cell Biol 122:211-8. 2004..1 M alkaline solution is a simpler and more effective heat-induced retrieval protocol for DNA extraction. Combination with some chemicals (detergents) may further significantly improve efficiency of the heat-induced retrieval technique...
- MicroRNA profiling of clear cell renal cell carcinoma by whole-genome small RNA deep sequencing of paired frozen and formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue specimensLihong Weng
Department of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
J Pathol 222:41-51. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first study to demonstrate that FFPE specimens can be used reliably for miRNA deep-sequencing analysis, making future large-scale clinical cohort/trial-based studies possible...
- Multicentre validation study of nucleic acids extraction from FFPE tissuesSerena Bonin
ACADEM Department University of Trieste and ICGEB, University of Trieste, Cattinara Hospital, 34149 Trieste, Italy
Virchows Arch 457:309-17. 2010..The results of the study emphasize the need for quality control of the nucleic acid extracts with standardised methods to prevent false negative results and to allow data comparison among different diagnostic laboratories...
- An array-based analysis of microRNA expression comparing matched frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human tissue samplesXiao Zhang
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s Laboratory for Molecular Pathology, Kingston, ON, Canada
J Mol Diagn 10:513-9. 2008..669 to 0.815; Spearman rank correlation coefficient, 0.847 to 0.948), supporting the use of FFPE-derived miRNAs for array-based, gene expression profiling...
- Analytical performance of a real-time PCR-based assay for V600 mutations in the BRAF gene, used as the companion diagnostic test for the novel BRAF inhibitor vemurafenib in metastatic melanomaHarkanwal Halait
Roche Molecular Diagnostics, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 21:1-8. 2012..A simple 1:2 dilution resulted in a valid test result of 76% in such cases. The cobas test is a reproducible assay that detects some non-V600E mutations and is more accurate than direct sequencing in detecting BRAFV600E...
- Antigen retrieval techniques: current perspectivesS R Shi
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 49:931-7. 2001..Furthermore, understanding the mechanism of the AR technique may shed light on facilitating the development of molecular morphology...
- 'Tissue surrogates' as a model for archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesCarol B Fowler
Department of Biophysics, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Lab Invest 87:836-46. 2007....
- Protein unlocking procedures of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues: application to MALDI-TOF imaging MS investigationsMaurizio Ronci
Centro Studi Sull Invecchiamento, Chieti, Italy
Proteomics 8:3702-14. 2008..A multivariate statistical evaluation is presented and discussed according to molecular spatial distributions and tissue morphology...
- Analyses and interpretation of whole-genome gene expression from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue: an illustration with breast cancer tissuesMuhammad G Kibriya
Department of Health Studies, The University of Chicago, 5841 S, Maryland Avenue, MC 2007, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
BMC Genomics 11:622. 2010..We used a whole genome DASL assay (addressing 18,391 genes) on a total of 72 samples from paired breast tumor and surrounding healthy tissues from both FF and FFPE samples...
- KRAS genotyping of paraffin-embedded colorectal cancer tissue in routine diagnostics: comparison of methods and impact of histologyWilko Weichert
Institut fur Pathologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Diagn 12:35-42. 2010....
- Formalin fixation alters water diffusion coefficient magnitude but not anisotropy in infarcted brainShu Wei Sun
Department of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:1447-51. 2005..However, the sensitivity of water diffusion in detecting tissue injury in vivo is not preserved in fixed tissues...
- Methods comparison for high-resolution transcriptional analysis of archival material on Affymetrix Plus 2.0 and Exon 1.0 microarraysKim Linton
Cancer Research UK Department of Medical Oncology, the Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Biotechniques 47:587-96. 2009..While larger series are needed to confirm high correspondence between fresh-frozen and FFPE expression patterns, these data suggest that both Plus 2.0 and Exon arrays are suitable platforms for FFPE microarray expression analyses...
- Metastatic colorectal cancer KRAS genotyping in routine practice: results and pitfallsAude Lamy
Laboratory of Tumor Genetics, University Hospital, Rouen, France
Mod Pathol 24:1090-100. 2011..The tumor heterogeneity observed in some patients indicates that it should be more appropriate to perform KRAS genotyping on metastases if sample is available...
- EGFR and K-ras mutation analysis in non-small cell lung cancer: comparison of paraffin embedded versus frozen specimensMarielle I Gallegos Ruiz
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Oncol 29:257-64. 2007..Furthermore, we compare the sensitivity of the analysis using genomic DNA (gDNA) versus RNA...
- Mass spectrometric analysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue: unlocking the proteome withinBrian L Hood
Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technologies, SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Proteomics 6:4106-14. 2006..Although these developments are quite new, the ability to conduct MS-based proteomic analyses of FFPE tissues opens heretofore intractable clinical samples for discovery-based biomarker research...
- Efficient method for the proteomic analysis of fixed and embedded tissuesDarryl Erik Palmer-Toy
Harvard Partners Center for Genetics and Genomics, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Proteome Res 4:2404-11. 2005..Moreover, we demonstrate that a high level of sequence coverage can be observed for proteins of interest...
- Evaluation of non-formalin tissue fixation for molecular profiling studiesJohn W Gillespie
Pathogenetics Unit, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Rm 2C500 Bldg 10, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Am J Pathol 160:449-57. 2002..Complete protocols and additional discussion of relevant issues are available on an accompanying website (http://cgap-mf.nih.gov/)...
- Effect of fixatives and tissue processing on the content and integrity of nucleic acidsMythily Srinivasan
Department of Pathology, Tzagournis Medical Research Facility, The Ohio State University, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Pathol 161:1961-71. 2002..In addition, the parameters of procurement and fixation that affect the quality of the tissues at the molecular level are discussed...
- The challenge and importance of standardizing pre-analytical variables in surgical pathology specimens for clinical care and translational researchD G Hicks
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 626, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Biotech Histochem 87:14-7. 2012..Inaccurate results owing to compromised tissue quality can lead to false positive or false negative results with therapeutic consequences that can harm patients and affect their eventual outcome...
- Comparison of methods in the recovery of nucleic acids from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded autopsy tissuesJohn B A Okello
McMaster Ancient DNA Centre, Department of Anthropology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario L8S4L9, Canada
Anal Biochem 400:110-7. 2010....
- The effect of tissue fixation and processing on breast cancer sizeBobbi Pritt
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Hum Pathol 36:756-60. 2005..One can arguably measure the size of an invasive breast cancer from either the fresh or fixed state without affecting accuracy, but caution should be exercised in relying solely on the microscopic measurements...
- Setting proteins free: progresses and achievements in proteomics of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesAlessandro Tanca
Porto Conte Ricerche, Tramariglio, Alghero, Italy
Proteomics Clin Appl 6:7-21. 2012..In conclusion, the future perspectives and open challenges in this field are discussed...
- Optimization of recovery of RNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissueJoon Yong Chung
Tissue Array Research Program, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 4605, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 15:229-36. 2006..Pretreatment with RNA, later followed by formalin fixation, did not result in improving the RNA quality, but did improve RNA yield. Our method improves the utility of FFPE tissue for molecular profiling studies...
- A novel procedure for protein extraction from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesTeresa Rodríguez-Rigueiro
Translational Cancer Research Group, Proteo Red ISCIII, Instituto de Investigación Biomédica A Coruña, Coruna, Spain
Proteomics 11:2555-9. 2011..This technique will allow utilising these stored FFPE tissues in several applications for protein analysis helping to advance the translational studies in cancer and other diseases...
- Formaldehyde substitute fixatives: effects on nucleic acid preservationCathy B Moelans
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Pathol 64:960-7. 2011..However, the commonly used formalin fixative is carcinogenic, and its crosslinking impairs DNA and RNA quality...
- Analysis of DNA methylation in FFPE tissues using the MethyLight technologyAshraf Dallol
King Fahad Medical Research Center, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Methods Mol Biol 724:191-204. 2011..We describe in this chapter a detailed protocol for MethyLight and its use in the determination of CpG Island Methylator Phenotype status in FFPE colorectal cancer samples...
- Assessment of morphology, antigenicity, and nucleic acid integrity for diagnostic thyroid pathology using formalin substitute fixativesSandra Lassalle
Inserm ERI 21, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, 06107 Nice, France
Thyroid 19:1239-48. 2009....
- Effects of preanalytical variables on the detection of proteins by immunohistochemistry in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissueKelly B Engel
Preferred Staffing Group for Office of Biorepositories and Biospecimen Research, National Cancer Institute, Washington, DC, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:537-43. 2011....
- Competitive allele specific TaqMan PCR for KRAS, BRAF and EGFR mutation detection in clinical formalin fixed paraffin embedded samplesAudrey Didelot
UMR S775, INSERM, Paris, F 75006, France
Exp Mol Pathol 92:275-80. 2012..The development of targeted therapies has created a need for robust molecular characterization of cancer and it has become a challenge to validate methods to ensure accuracy in tumor mutation testing...
- The effects of brain tissue decomposition on diffusion tensor imaging and tractographyHelen D'Arceuil
Athinoula Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, MGH NMR Center, Rm 2301, Bldg 149, 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Neuroimage 36:64-8. 2007..postmortem, this is not possible for human tissue, therefore there is always some delay between death and tissue fixation. The elapsed time between death and tissue fixation, the postmortem interval (PMI), will most likely ..
- Comparison of histopathology to gene expression profiling for the diagnosis of metastatic cancerAnand Kulkarni
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Diagn Pathol 7:110. 2012..Gene expression profiling (GEP) has found increasing use, particularly in the most difficult cases. In this pilot study, a direct comparison between GEP and IHC-guided methods was performed...
- Dramatic reduction of sequence artefacts from DNA isolated from formalin-fixed cancer biopsies by treatment with uracil- DNA glycosylaseHongdo Do
Molecular Pathology Research and Development Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Oncotarget 3:546-58. 2012....
- Comparison of formalin-free tissue fixatives: a proteomic study testing their application for routine pathology and researchHannelore Kothmaier
Institute of Pathology, Research Unit for Molecular Lung and Pleura Pathology, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:744-52. 2011..Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue is the routine processing method for diagnostics practiced in pathology departments worldwide...
- Ultrasound-accelerated formalin fixation improves the preservation of nucleic acids extraction in histological sectionsTony Fracasso
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Munster, Röntgenstrasse 23, 48149 Munster, Germany
Int J Legal Med 123:521-5. 2009..Keeping in mind the increasing need for molecular diagnosis, this fixation technique can be useful to ensure stable quality of nucleic acids in archived autopsy specimens...
- Quality assessment of DNA derived from up to 30 years old formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue for PCR-based methylation analysis using SMART-MSP and MS-HRMLasse S Kristensen
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Aarhus, The Bartholin Building, Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Cancer 9:453. 2009..Sensitive Melting Analysis after Real Time - Methylation Specific PCR (SMART-MSP) and Methylation Sensitive - High Resolution Melting (MS-HRM) are two methods for single locus DNA methylation detection based on HRM...
- The effects of tissue fixation alternatives on DNA content: a study on normal colon tissueGulcan Baloglu
Department of Biochemistry, Anatolian Health Center, Izmit, Turkey
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 16:485-92. 2008..All tissues fixed in formalin, ethanol, and Hollande were found suitable for Her-2/neu visualization after standard FISH applications, but tissues fixed in Zenker, B5, and Bouin were not found suitable...
- Advanced laboratory techniques for sample processing and immunolabeling using microwave radiationAdam M Ferris
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Chico, CA 95929 0515, USA
J Neurosci Methods 182:157-64. 2009..Microwave-assisted immunohistochemistry made it possible to sequentially label tissues and cells with several primary antibodies in a very short period of time with excellent labeling characteristics...
- Analytical performance of a PCR assay for the detection of KRAS mutations (codons 12/13 and 61) in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue samples of colorectal carcinomaSung Lee
Roche Molecular Systems, Inc, 4300 Hacienda Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Virchows Arch 460:141-9. 2012..The PCR assay was more sensitive and specific than Sanger sequencing, and performance was highly reproducible. Test performance was not influenced by various endogenous interfering substances or common gut microbes...
- Effects of temperature and aldehyde fixation on tissue water diffusion properties, studied in an erythrocyte ghost tissue modelPeter E Thelwall
Department of Neuroscience, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Magn Reson Med 56:282-9. 2006..Water membrane permeability was also significantly altered by fixation. This study demonstrates that relating in vivo MR data to chemically fixed ex vivo data requires an understanding of the effects of sample preparation...
- Mining the archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue proteome: opportunities and challengesNiroshini J Nirmalan
Clinical and Biomedical Proteomics Group, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, UK
Mol Biosyst 4:712-20. 2008..Here, we critically review the current status of research in the field, highlighting challenges which need to be addressed for robust quantitative application of protocols to ensure confident high impact inferences can be made...
- Whole genome amplification of DNA extracted from FFPE tissuesMira Bosso
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
Methods Mol Biol 724:161-80. 2011..GenomePlex(®) is a registered trademark of Rubicon Genomics Incorporation...
- Automated array-CGH optimized for archival formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor materialSimon A Joosse
Division of Experimental Therapy, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 7:43. 2007..Recently, we have developed an effective DNA quality test that predicts suitability of archival samples for BAC aCGH...
- Genome-wide, high-resolution detection of copy number, loss of heterozygosity, and genotypes from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumor tissue using microarraysSharoni Jacobs
Affymetrix, Inc, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
Cancer Res 67:2544-51. 2007....
- Whole genome amplification for array comparative genomic hybridization using DNA extracted from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded histological sectionsJian Huang
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
J Mol Diagn 11:109-16. 2009..0001). These results suggest that genetic analyses are possible using WGA-DNA extracted from paraffin sections, but that they should be performed with a carefully optimized and controlled protocol...
- The HOPE technique opens up a multitude of new possibilities in pathologyE Vollmer
Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Research Center Borstel, Germany
Rom J Morphol Embryol 47:15-9. 2006..Therefore new possibilities are opened up especially within the rapidly growing field of molecular pathology...
- RNA extraction from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue: a comparison of manual, semiautomated, and fully automated purification methodsKerstin Bohmann
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products, Molecular Research Germany, Cologne, Germany
Clin Chem 55:1719-27. 2009..A robust and automated RNA-extraction method with a high sample throughput is required...
- Development of a microarray platform for FFPET profiling: application to the classification of human tumorsSven Duenwald
Translational Sciences, Department of Molecular Profiling, Merck Research Laboratories, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Transl Med 7:65. 2009..Methods are needed to profile these FFPET samples that are linked to clinical outcomes to generate hypotheses that could lead to classifiers for clinical applications...
- Simultaneous recovery of DNA and RNA from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue and application in epidemiologic studiesWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS 8110, MSC 7240, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:973-7. 2010..Here, we report the method that we used to simultaneously recover DNA and RNA from FFPE tissue specimens with appreciable quantity and quality and discuss briefly the application of tumor markers in epidemiologic studies...
- Excavation of a buried treasure--DNA, mRNA, miRNA and protein analysis in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissuesR Klopfleisch
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Straße 15, Berlin, Germany
Histol Histopathol 26:797-810. 2011..In addition, methods and general problems of DNA, miRNA, mRNA and protein extraction and the current knowledge on the feasibility and accuracy of quantitative gene expression analysis in FFPE tissues is summarized...
- Improving molecular detection of fungal DNA in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues: comparison of five tissue DNA extraction methods using panfungal PCRC Muñoz-Cadavid
Mycotic Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2147-53. 2010..Factors such as sensitivity, cost, and labor will help guide the selection of the most appropriate method for the needs of each laboratory...
- Effect of duration of fixation on quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction analysesMaricris Macabeo-Ong
Oral Pathology, Department of Stomatology, University of California San Francisco, California 94143 0424, USA
Mod Pathol 15:979-87. 2002..However, results for some markers are adversely affected by prolonged formalin fixation times...
- Development and validation of a novel protein extraction methodology for quantitation of protein expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues using western blottingNiroshini J Nirmalan
Clinical and Biomedical Proteomics Group, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds, UK
J Pathol 217:497-506. 2009....
- Successful protein extraction from over-fixed and long-term stored formalin-fixed tissuesClaudia Wolff
Institute of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e16353. 2011..Because tissue fixation times vary in the routine clinical setting and pathology archives contain billions of FFPE tissues blocks, ..
- Profiling and discovery of novel miRNAs from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded melanoma and nodal specimensZhihai Ma
Departments of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Mol Diagn 11:420-9. 2009..This methodology can therefore be used to facilitate miRNA discovery from archived human cancers...
- Tissue preparation: Tissue issuesNathan Blow
Nature 448:959-63. 2007
- Control of autofluorescence of archival formaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue in confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM)W Baschong
M E Muller Institute at the Biozentrum, Aarau, Switzerland
J Histochem Cytochem 49:1565-72. 2001..Sudan Black B is suggested to mask fluorescent tissue components...
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis of archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue using the Illumina Infinium HumanMethylation27 BeadChipChristina Thirlwell
Medical Genomics Group, UCL Cancer Institute, University College London, 72 Huntley Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Methods 52:248-54. 2010..Here, we describe a protocol for the analysis of FFPE samples using the Infinium HumanMethylation27 BeadChip...
- MicroRNA isolation from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesAihua Liu
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 724:259-67. 2011..We demonstrate that miRNA expression profile from FFPE tissues closely resembles that from fresh tissues. These results underscore the suitability of FFPE tissues as appropriate resources for miRNA expression analyses...
- Exon-array profiling unlocks clinically and biologically relevant gene signatures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumour samplesJ S Hall
Translational Radiobiology Group, School of Cancer and enabling Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
Br J Cancer 104:971-81. 2011..This study aimed to show that useful information can be obtained by Exon-array profiling archival FFPE tumour samples...
- Genome-wide massively parallel sequencing of formaldehyde fixed-paraffin embedded (FFPE) tumor tissues for copy-number- and mutation-analysisMichal R Schweiger
Department of Vertebrate Genomics, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e5548. 2009..However, FFPE preparation is incompatible with many down-stream molecular biology techniques such as PCR based amplification methods and gene expression studies...
- Modeling formalin fixation and antigen retrieval with bovine pancreatic RNase A II. Interrelationship of cross-linking, immunoreactivity, and heat treatmentVladimir K Rait
Division of Biophysics, Department of Cellular Pathology and Genetics, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Lab Invest 84:300-6. 2004..We conclude that formaldehyde cross-links stabilize antigens against the denaturing effects of high temperature, but the reversal of these cross-links is necessary for the restoration of immunoreactivity...
- An approach to high resolution diffusion tensor imaging in fixed primate brainSusan Westmoreland
Neuroradiology Section, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA, USA
Neuroimage 35:553-65. 2007....
- A molecular mechanism of formalin fixation and antigen retrievalSeshi R Sompuram
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:190-9. 2004....
- Liquid Tissue: proteomic profiling of formalin-fixed tissuesDarue A Prieto
SAIC Frederick, Inc, National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD, USA
Biotechniques . 2005....
- Unlocking pathology archives for microRNA-profilingKai P Hoefig
Institute for Pathology, UKSH Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 28:119-23. 2008..A variety of high-throughput screening methods has been developed to identify dysregulated miRNA species in tumours. For retrospective clinical studies formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue is the most widely used material...
- Extraction and amplification of DNA from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissuesLin Wu
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc, Alameda, California 94501, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:269-74. 2002..We also have obtained much higher amplification efficiencies for a multiplex polymerase chain reaction...
- Fixation of brain tumor biopsy specimens with RCL2 results in well-preserved histomorphology, immunohistochemistry and nucleic acidsMatthias Preusser
Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Brain Pathol 20:1010-20. 2010..In conclusion, RCL2 fixation of brain tumor biopsies does not seem to significantly compromise histological tumor typing or immunohistochemistry and preserves nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) at a better quality than formalin fixation...
- New Methods for Tissue FixationLOUIS ROMANO; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cortical Synapses and Psychosis in ADRobert A Sweet; Fiscal Year: 2012..The laboratories consist of separate facilities for tissue fixation and preparation, immunocytochemistry and other histological procedures, western blotting, and computer-..
- Methods and Instrumentation for Hydrostatic Pressure-Enhanced Tissue FixationAlexander V Lazarev; Fiscal Year: 2011..an automated tissue preservation system that uses high hydrostatic pressure to standardize the process of tissue fixation with precise thermodynamic control...
- Mid-Region AIDS and Cancer Specimen Resource ConsortiumLeona W Ayers; Fiscal Year: 2012..MR-ACSR proposes the deployment of a new tissue fixation method to improve preservation of RNA, DNA and tissue proteins for research tissues...
- Transgenic Reporters for Cardiac Growth and RegenerationLoren J Field; Fiscal Year: 2010..over existing models in that data can be acquired with minimal sample processing (in essence, requiring only tissue fixation and sectioning)...
- Develop & Validate An Ultrasound Tissue Preservation De*Zhenqing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our proposed project is to design and develop an ultrasound-facilitated processor (DTP) for rapid tissue fixation and processing for histology diagnosis and any further molecular study if necessary...
- Molecular profiles of colorectal adenomas by array CGHGalen Hostetter; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Tissue fixation: 10% buffered formalin. Microarray: Agilent 60-mer oligonucleotide microarrays and image scanner...
- Tissue Lysates for Studies of Protein PhosphorylationBeatrice Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..grant is to identify optimal conditions for preparation of tissue samples by testing multiple combinations of tissue fixation and protein extraction buffers...
- High Impedance Pacing Electrode with Novel Tine FixationALAN GRESZLER; Fiscal Year: 2004..the much greater mechanical strain on these leads, the fixation mechanism must be very secure until chronic tissue fixation, due to tissue in-growth, is complete...
- Enabling RNA Analyses from Formaldehyde-fixed TissuesRichard Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2006..The widespread use of tissue fixation and embedding in both clinical and research settings has resulted in the accumulation of large stores of ..
- Synthetic calibrators for immunohistochemical assaysSTEVEN BOGEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..A second set of processing calibrators will control for pre-analytic variability, which is associated with tissue fixation or antigen retrieval...
- MODULATION OF AIRWAY INFLAMMATION IN ASTHMA MODELSDavid Center; Fiscal Year: 2005..A. Marshak-Rothstein which provides a central facility for breeding all animals, immunization and challenge for physiology and tissue fixation for evaluation of inflammation.
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- Ultrasound-accelerated tissue formalin fixation and paraffin embeddingWei Sing Chu; Fiscal Year: 2008..a multi- tissue preservation processor with an optional real-time digital system to monitor and standardize tissue fixation level; (2)to validate the UTP techniques by performing more statistical assessments on histopathology, ..
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- BIOMECHANICAL EFFECT OF ACUPUNCTURE NEEDLINGHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will contribute to the fundamental understanding of acupuncture therapy and may lead to improvements in treatments. ..
- THE EFFECT OF LYCOPENE ON IGF-1 ACTIVITY AND SECRETION IN PRIMARY CULTURES OF PROLarisa Nonn; Fiscal Year: 2008..Once we have determined lycopene's effect on the IGF-1-induced actions in normal prostatic cells, this effect will be compared to those on cells derived from adenocarcinoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of Radiation-Induced Cognitive DysfunctionWilliam Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such therapeutic intervention studies could potentially be performed in as little as 10 weeks. ..
- VAS-COG 2007Donald Royall; Fiscal Year: 2007..Many vascular cognitive disorders are preventable and potentially reversible. VAS-COG will provide a forum in which information on these important conditions can be exchanged and disseminated. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IKSI: 1st Annual International Urolithiasis Research SymposiumAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nicotine and Cognition in ParkinsonismJay Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information obtained from these studies will hopefully lead to more efficient design of nicotinic therapeutics for patients with a variety of cognitive disorders. ..
- Mechanisms Causing Cryptorchidism and Fetal Transformation of Testicular CellsD N Rao Veeramachaneni; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results will clarify the interaction of genetics and EDAs as cause of cryptorchidism. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HAIR CELL RESPONSES TO OTOTOXIC DRUGSPETER STEYGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to new co-therapeutic treatments with aminoglycosides and (cellular) aminoglycoside-uptake inhibitors against a wider range of bacterial infections. ..
- MINERALIZATION OF PRIMARY BONEJEFFREY GORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of this work should better define the differences between primariy and lamellar bone, as well as aid in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis. ..
- Assessing Deployment of Microbicidal Gels With Label-Free Optical MeasurementAdam Wax; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Jak/STAT signaling in human T-cell lymphomasMariusz A Wasik; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Cardiac Atlas Project: Establishment of a Cardiac MRI Database.ALISTAIR ANDREW YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..By pooling data from many studies into a single resource, researchers will be able to perform standardized comparisons across many patient groups, in order to better predict and evaluate the effects of disease and treatment. ..
- Simvastatin treatment of experimental intracerebral hemorrhageDONALD M SEYFRIED; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Coherence Imaging for Assessing Colorectal NeoplasiaAdam Wax; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Nongenomic Signaling Mechanisms of Environmental EstrogensCheryl S Watson; Fiscal Year: 2011..breast and pituitary cancers, infertility) must be understood so that exposures can be limited to safe levels. ..
- Spinal cord repair with nerve constructsDouglas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Organization and Regulation of Eukaryotic CentromeresBETH SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose to investigate the roles of genomic structure and chromatin organization and dynamics in assembly and regulation of CENP-A chromatin, centromeric domains, and metaphase kinetochore structure. ..
- CHAOTIC MIXING OF AEROSOL IN RHYTHMICALLY EXPANDING LUNGAkira Tsuda; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Blood Brain Barrier Physiology and HIV DementiaHOWARD GENDELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data acquired could provide new insights and therapeutic intervention strategies for monocyte BBB trafficking during progressive HIV-1 infection in brain tissue. ..
- Replacing an Animal Resource Facility Cage Washer.Kristen Drescher; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GM1 Ganglioside Effects on Parkinson's DiseaseJay Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..Working hypothesis: Long-term GM1 use will stabilize symptoms or slow the progression of symptoms in PD patients and this may be accompanied by reduced loss of striatal DA terminals over time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MURINE MODEL FOR MONKEY B VIRUS INFECTIONJERRY RITCHEY; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BRAIN INJURY, AGING AND NEURODEGENERATION IN THE RATDouglas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2004..Success of these studies may reveal mechanistic links between brain trauma, age and neurodegenerative processes and provide a basis for the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Functional similarities in renal and cochlear epitheliaPETER STEYGER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ANALYSIS OF STRIATAL SPECIFIC RGS9Michael Bannon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Determine the cellular localization and dopaminergic regulation of RGS9 in the striatum. Specific Aim 2. Identify and analyze RGS signaling partners. Specific Aim 3. Analyze RGS9 targeting and function. ..
- Environmental Estrogens Acting via a Membrane ReceptorCHERYL WATSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- A 3D C57BL6/J MOUSE BRAIN ATLAS MAGNETIC RESONANCE MICROHelene Benveniste; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, a probabilistic (averaged from many brain specimens) atlas with error estimations will be created for registration of actual gene-expression data. ..
- Plasticity in the dorsal cochlear nucleusGULAMALI EMADI; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Method To Study Membrane Protein StructureGuido Zampighi; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- TEM with Digital and Cryopreparation SystemsAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Richard Gregory will employ immunohistochemistry to examine the role of a Streptococcus mutans 65 kDa fimbrial protein binding as a mechanism for the induction of dental carries. ..
- AMYLOIDOGENIC EFFECTS OF CHOLINERGIC DENERVATIONThomas Beach; Fiscal Year: 2002..This could lead to impaired cerebral vasoregulation and increased susceptibility to ischemia, further compromising cortical function in AD. ..
- A HIGH PRESSURE FREEZER FOR ELECTRON MICROSCOPY USESGINA SOSINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002..In all of these research projects, the primary goal is to understand the three-dimensional structure of organized cellular components and relate this morphology to their functionality...
- REGULATION OF EXTRACELLULAR SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE BY PROTRussell Bowler; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will not only define new aspects of the pathogenesis and regulation of vascular tone and inflammation, but can open new approaches to pharmacologically control these events. ..
- GENE-EXPRESSION CHANGE IN HUMAN BLOOD SAMPLES AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT RESPONSESAMUEL SATHYANESAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Briefly, further studies would involve examening differences among different types of depressive disorders and the correlation between gene-expression changes and treatment-response. ..
- THE ROLE OF PLACENTAL LACTOGEN IN FETAL DEVELOPMENTMichael Freemark; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies should provide new insist into the roles of pituitary and placental hormones in adipose development and function. ..
- Effect of GnRH antagonist on primordial follicle survival in the primate ovaryDOUGLAS DANFORTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Auditory cortex asymmetry in normals and schizophrenicsJohn Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rediscovering B cells: a Trudeau Institute workshopTroy Randall; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] This proposal requests funds to support the attendance of five of these early-career investigators. ..
- Harbor-UCLA Initiative for Minority Student DevelopmentChristina Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Determinants of the Durability of Resin-Dentin BondsDavid Pashley; Fiscal Year: 2006..This should provide important new insight into designing more durable resin-dentin bonds that can justify the placement of resin-based posterior composites. ..
- HIV 1 SUSCEPTIBILITY FACTORS IN THE FEMALE GENITAL TRACTBruce Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hypothesis confirmation will constitute a rationale for a clinical trial of these or similar agents applied topically, in vivo, to the female genital tract. ..
- Cloning Kawasaki Disease-specific antigensAnne Rowley; Fiscal Year: 2005..These plans will provide me with opportunities for enhanced career development by acquisition of new research skills, and will be fostered by the strong interdisciplinary research environment at Northwestern. ..
- MINORITY PREDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMLAURA NGWENYA; Fiscal Year: 2005..It has been established that cognitive decline occurs with age. This proposed investigation will determine if there are changes in adult cell genesis that could be important in the neurobiological basis of age-related cognitive decline. ..
- ALCOHOL, HIV, AND THE BRAINAdolf Pfefferbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 3: To establish cross-sectional and longitudinal within-subject relationships among nueroimaging, neuropsychological, and clinical measures. ..
- Prostate Cancer Development & GrowthChristina Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will provide the important missing link between diet fat and CaP growth and development. ..
- IMAGING TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPEVIRGINIA PICKEL; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..