Genomes and Genes
Summary: Method of tissue preparation in which the tissue specimen is frozen and then dehydrated at low temperature in a high vacuum. This method is also used for dehydrating pharmaceutical and food products.
Publications351 found, 100 shown here
- Spray freeze drying to produce a stable Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol containing inulin-based solid dispersion powder suitable for inhalationDirk Jan van Drooge
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration GUIDE, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Sci 26:231-40. 2005The purpose of this study is to investigate whether spray freeze drying produces an inhalable solid dispersion powder in which Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is stabilised...
- Stabilization of bacteriophage during freeze dryingU Puapermpoonsiri
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow, Strathclyde G4 0NR, UK
Int J Pharm 389:168-75. 2010..We propose that residual moisture is followed during lyophilization of bacteriophage from minimal concentrations of bulking agent...
- Freeze-drying of nanoparticles: formulation, process and storage considerationsWassim Abdelwahed
Laboratoire d Automatique et de Génie des Procédés LAGEP UMR CNRS 5007 CPE Lyon, ISPB, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43, Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:1688-713. 2006....
- Effect of culture medium and cryoprotectants on the growth and survival of probiotic lactobacilli during freeze dryingA Siaterlis
Department of Food Biosciences, The University of Reading, Berkshire, Reading, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:295-301. 2009To investigate the effects of the medium and cryoprotective agents used on the growth and survival of Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG during freeze drying.
- Lyophilization and development of solid protein pharmaceuticalsW Wang
Biotechnology, Bayer Corporation, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94701, USA
Int J Pharm 203:1-60. 2000....
- Technological and biological evaluation of tablets containing different strains of lactobacilli for vaginal administrationL Maggi
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 50:389-95. 2000..A larger batch of tablets made with a mixture of the three strains was then evaluated, confirming the feasibility of their industrial production and a good bacterial viability in the final dosage form...
- Characterisation of freeze-dried wafers and solvent evaporated films as potential drug delivery systems to mucosal surfacesJoshua S Boateng
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, John Arbuthnott Building, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
Int J Pharm 389:24-31. 2010....
- Gelatin coated hybrid lipid nanoparticles for oral delivery of amphotericin BSanyog Jain
Centre for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology, Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, SAS Nagar Mohali, Punjab 160062, India
Mol Pharm 9:2542-53. 2012..The histopathology of the kidney tissues further confirmed the absence of any changes in the morphology of the renal tubules...
- The trehalose myth revisited: introduction to a symposium on stabilization of cells in the dry stateJ H Crowe
Biostabilization Program, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Cryobiology 43:89-105. 2001..We review the available mechanisms for introducing trehalose into the cytoplasm of living cells as an introduction to the papers that follow...
- Low-dose oral immunization with lyophilized tissue of herbicide-resistant lettuce expressing hepatitis B surface antigen for prototype plant-derived vaccine tablet formulationTomasz Pniewski
Institute of Plant Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Strzeszynska 34, 60 479, Poznan, Poland
J Appl Genet 52:125-36. 2011..The results of the study provide indications on immunization methodology using a durable, efficacious, and convenient plant-derived prototype oral vaccine against hepatitis B...
- Live rats resulting from injection of oocytes with spermatozoa freeze-dried and stored for one yearShinichi Hochi
Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Ueda, Nagano, Japan
Mol Reprod Dev 75:890-4. 2008..In conclusion, rat spermatozoa freeze-dried and stored at +4 degrees C for 1 year are capable of participating in full-term development after ICSI...
- Lyophilized inserts for nasal administration harboring bacteriophage selective for Staphylococcus aureus: in vitro evaluationMunerah Alfadhel
Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0RE, UK
Int J Pharm 416:280-7. 2011..Our results therefore suggest that lyophilized inserts harboring bacteriophage selective for S. aureus may be a novel means for the eradication of MRSA resident in the nose...
- Bovine blastocyst development from oocytes injected with freeze-dried spermatozoaLevent Keskintepe
Transgenic and Embryonic Stem Cell Core, IMMAG, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Biol Reprod 67:409-15. 2002..These results demonstrate that in vitro-matured bovine oocytes can be fertilized with freeze-dried sperm cells, and that resultant zygotes can develop into karyotypically normal blastocysts...
- Lyophilization monophase solution technique for improvement of the physicochemical properties of an anticancer drug, flutamideNazik Elgindy
Department of Industrial Pharmacy, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 74:397-405. 2010..These data suggest that cyclodextrins might be useful adjuncts in preparation of immediate-release formulations of FLT...
- Preservation of micro-organisms by drying; a reviewC A Morgan
BTF Pty Ltd, PO Box 599, North Ryde BC, NSW 1670, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 66:183-93. 2006The preservation of micro-organisms by different drying methodologies has been used for decades. Freeze drying in particular is the preferred method for transporting and storing vast culture collections of micro-organism strain types...
- Freeze-dried sperm fertilization leads to full-term development in rabbitsJi Long Liu
Department of Animal Science Center for Regenerative Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Biol Reprod 70:1776-81. 2004..The present study also raises the question of whether rabbit sperm centrosomes survive freeze-drying or are not essential for embryonic development...
- An overview of liposome lyophilization and its future potentialChengjun Chen
College of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Wenhua Road, No 103, Shenyang, 110016, PR China
J Control Release 142:299-311. 2010..Finally, the major areas and future potential of research on lyophilized liposomes are highlighted...
- Desiccation tolerance of spermatozoa dried at ambient temperature: production of fetal miceSankha Bhowmick
Center for Engineering in Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02115, USA
Biol Reprod 68:1779-86. 2003..05). The results demonstrate the feasibility of using a convective drying protocol for the successful desiccation of mouse sperm and identifies some of the important parameters required for optimization of the procedure...
- Structural effects caused by spray- and freeze-drying of liposomes and bilayer disksPer Wessman
Department of Physical and Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Box 579, Uppsala 751 23, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 99:2032-48. 2010..The radius of bilayer disks increased upon both spray- and freeze-drying, but the drying procedure did not change the open single-bilayer structure of the disks...
- Is trehalose special for preserving dry biomaterials?L M Crowe
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Biophys J 71:2087-93. 1996..Because samples remain in the glassy state at ambient temperatures, viscosity is high and fusion between liposomes is prevented...
- Measles virus hemagglutinin protein expressed in transgenic lettuce induces neutralising antibodies in mice following mucosal vaccinationD E Webster
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, GPO Box 2284, Melbourne, and School of Biological Sciences, Department of Immunology, Monash University, Vic, Australia
Vaccine 24:3538-44. 2006..This research represents a significant step towards the development of measles vaccine formulation that is effective, temperature-stable, easy to administer in a resource-poor setting and amenable to large scale manufacture...
- Development of a lyophilized plasmid/LPEI polyplex formulation with long-term stability--A step closer from promising technology to applicationJulia Christina Kasper
Department of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Butenandtstrasse 5, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Control Release 151:246-55. 2011..All samples were amorphous with low residual moisture levels (<1.3%) and high glass transition temperatures (>90°C)...
- In vitro drug release studies of polymeric freeze-dried wafers and solvent-cast films using paracetamol as a model soluble drugJoshua S Boateng
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, John Arbuthnott Building, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
Int J Pharm 378:66-72. 2009..The wafers which formed a porous network, hydrated faster than the more dense and continuous, (non-porous) sheet-like structure of the films...
- A pilot study of freeze drying of poly(epsilon-caprolactone) nanocapsules stabilized by poly(vinyl alcohol): formulation and process optimizationWassim Abdelwahed
Laboratoire d Automatique et de Génie des Procédés UMR CNRS 5007, CPE Lyon, ISPB, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Int J Pharm 309:178-88. 2006..Therefore, freeze drying of these colloidal systems is an alternative method to achieve long-term stability...
- Application of different methods to formulate PEG-liposomes of oxaliplatin: evaluation in vitro and in vivoSara Zalba
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:273-80. 2012..In conclusion, the FM was the simplest method in comparison with REV and HM to develop in vivo stable and efficient PEG-coated liposomes of oxaliplatin with a loading higher than those reported for REV...
- Effect of pH value of freeze-drying solution on the chromosome integrity and developmental ability of mouse spermatozoaTakehito Kaneko
The Institute for Biogenesis Research, Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Biol Reprod 68:136-9. 2003..0) rather than near neutral or acidic (pH 7.4-6.0). The data indicated that the chromosome integrity and developmental ability of mouse spermatozoa are affected by the pH value of freeze-drying solution...
- Freeze drying of peptide drugs self-associated with long-circulating, biocompatible and biodegradable sterically stabilized phospholipid nanomicellesSok Bee Lim
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7231, USA
Int J Pharm 356:345-50. 2008..lipid concentration range for lyophilization of sterically stabilized phospholipid nanomicelles (SSM) and the freeze drying feasibility of self-associated therapeutic peptide-SSM assemblies...
- Freeze-drying of bioproducts: putting principles into practiceF Franks
BioUpdate Foundation, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 45:221-9. 1998....
- Mechanism of protein stabilization by sugars during freeze-drying and storage: native structure preservation, specific interaction, and/or immobilization in a glassy matrix?Liuquan Lucy Chang
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, School of Pharmacy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CN 06269, USA
J Pharm Sci 94:1427-44. 2005..However, while a specific interaction between stabilizer and protein might be responsible for the preservation of native structure, the evidence supporting this position is not compelling...
- Preparation of DNA dry powder for non-viral gene delivery by spray-freeze drying: effect of protective agents (polyethyleneimine and sugars) on the stability of DNAJung Hua Steven Kuo
Department of Biotechnology, Chia Nan University of Pharmacy and Science, 60 Erh Jen Rd, Sec 1, Jen Te, Tainan 717, Taiwan, ROC
J Pharm Pharmacol 56:27-33. 2004This study investigates the feasibility of using the process of spray-freeze drying (SFD) to produce DNA dry powders for non-viral gene delivery. The effect of protective agents was assessed on the stability of DNA dry powders after SFD...
- Luminescent bacterial sensor for cadmium and leadS Tauriainen
University of Turku, Department of Biotechnology, Finland
Biosens Bioelectron 13:931-8. 1998..These results were obtained with only 2-3 h incubation times. Freeze-drying of the sensor strains had only moderate effects on the performance with respect to sensitivity or induction coefficients...
- In vitro lung delivery of bacteriophages KS4-M and ΦKZ using dry powder inhalers for treatment of Burkholderia cepacia complex and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections in cystic fibrosisL Golshahi
University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
J Appl Microbiol 110:106-17. 2011..To determine the feasibility of formulating and aerosolizing powders containing bacteriophages KS4-M and ΦKZ for lung delivery and treatment of pulmonary Burkholderia cepacia complex and Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections...
- Localized viral vector delivery to enhance in situ regenerative gene therapyW W Hu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Gene Ther 14:891-901. 2007..In contrast, AdBMP-2 lyophilized in gelatin sponges led to more than 80% regeneration of critical-size calvarial defects...
- Effects of the acyl chain composition of phosphatidylcholines on the stability of freeze-dried small liposomes in the presence of maltoseH Komatsu
Division of Drugs, National Institute of Health Sciences, Osaka, 540 0005, Japan
Chem Phys Lipids 113:29-39. 2001..These interactions were significant in the saturated or mixed chain liposomes but were markedly reduced in the DOPC liposomes...
- Practical aspects of lyophilization using non-aqueous co-solvent systemsDirk L Teagarden
Department of Sterile Products Development, Pharmacia Corporation, 7000 Portage Road, 49001 0199, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 0199, USA
Eur J Pharm Sci 15:115-33. 2002..Other co-solvent systems which do not freeze completely in commercial freeze-dryers were more difficult to use and often resulted in unacceptable freeze-dried cakes. Their use appears limited to levels of not more than 10%...
- Influenza vaccine powder formulation development: spray-freeze-drying and stability evaluationYuh Fun Maa
PowderJect Vaccines, Incorporated, 8551 Research Way Boulevard, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562, USA
J Pharm Sci 93:1912-23. 2004..More important, this study led to the selection of a formulation system that had been successfully tested in a human clinical study...
- Maintenance of genetic integrity in frozen and freeze-dried mouse spermatozoaH Kusakabe
Institute for Biogenesis Research, University of Hawaii Medical School, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13501-6. 2001..The technique provides an effective means of storing mouse spermatozoa from many different inbred, mutant, and transgenic strains for biomedical research...
- Short- and long-term stability study of lyophilized solid lipid nanoparticles for gene therapyA del Pozo-Rodríguez
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology Laboratory, University of the Basque Country UPV EHU, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 71:181-9. 2009..Furthermore, the storage of lyophilized lipoplexes stabilized with the disaccharide trehalose did not affect cell viability...
- Preparation of drug nanocrystals by controlled crystallization: application of a 3-way nozzle to prevent premature crystallization for large scale productionHans de Waard
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Sci 38:224-9. 2009..W., 2008. A novel bottom-up process to produce drug nanocrystals: controlled crystallization during freeze drying. J. Control. Release 128, 179-183]...
- Preservation of influenza virosome structure and function during freeze-drying and storageJan Wilschut
Department of Medical Microbiology, Molecular Virology Section, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Liposome Res 17:173-82. 2007..It is concluded that freeze-drying in the presence of inulin as a lyoprotectant completely preserves the structure and function of influenza virosomes...
- Pure F-actin networks are distorted and branched by steps in the critical-point drying methodGuenter P Resch
Department of Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Biology, Billrothstrasse 11, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
J Struct Biol 137:305-12. 2002....
- Freeze-drying polymeric colloidal suspensions: nanocapsules, nanospheres and nanodispersion. A comparative studyScheila R Schaffazick
Faculdade de Farmácia Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 56:501-5. 2003..In contrast to the literature, nanocapsules can be dried by freeze-drying without leakage of drug or breaking the capsule wall...
- Preparation and evaluation of lyophilized liposome-encapsulated bufadienolidesFang Li
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, PR China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 35:1048-58. 2009..The objective of this study was to prepare bufadienolides-loaded liposome (BU-lipo)...
- Long-term preservation of mouse spermatozoa after freeze-drying and freezing without cryoprotectionMonika A Ward
Institute for Biogenesis Research, University of Hawaii Medical School, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Biol Reprod 69:2100-8. 2003..Both preservation methods are successful, but rapid freezing without cryoprotection is the preferred method for preservation of spermatozoa from mouse strains carrying unique genes and mutations...
- Freeze drying of human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles with different excipientsMarion G Anhorn
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Biocenter of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Int J Pharm 363:162-9. 2008b>Freeze drying is a suitable technique to improve the long-term storage stability of colloidal drug carrier systems such as nanoparticles...
- Preparation and characterization of lyophilized liposomes with incorporated quercetinElena Alexopoulou
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, School of Pharmacy, Panepistimiopolis Zografou, 15771 Athens, Greece
J Liposome Res 16:17-25. 2006....
- Effect of sugars on storage stability of lyophilized liposome/DNA complexes with high transfection efficiencyYoshie Maitani
Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Ebara 2 4 41, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Int J Pharm 356:69-75. 2008....
- Effect of lyophilization and storage temperature on the activity of salivaricin CRL 1328, a potential bioactive ingredient of a urogenital probiotic productEsteban Vera Pingitore
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos CERELA CONICET, Chacabuco 145 T4000ILC San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucuman, Argentina
J Gen Appl Microbiol 58:71-81. 2012..This study provides useful information for the potential application of salivaricin as a bioactive principle for a pharmaceutical formulation...
- Preparation of submicron unilamellar liposomes by freeze-drying double emulsionsTing Wang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, P O Box 52, No 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province 110016, PR China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:222-31. 2006..Thus, this reproducible and simple technique can be used to prepare sterilized, submicron unilamellar liposomes with a relatively high encapsulation efficiency, and excellent stability during long-term storage...
- The freezing step in lyophilization: physico-chemical fundamentals, freezing methods and consequences on process performance and quality attributes of biopharmaceuticalsJulia Christina Kasper
Department of Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmaceutics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 78:248-63. 2011....
- Formulation of a dry powder influenza vaccine for nasal deliveryRobert J Garmise
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 7:E19. 2006..Further optimization of particle size and morphology is required for these powders to be suitable for clinical evaluation...
- Stability of lyophilized siRNA nanosome formulationsAnup K Kundu
Center for Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery, Xavier University College of Pharmacy, New Orleans, LA 70125, United States
Int J Pharm 423:525-34. 2012..Thus, this study indicates that the stored lyophilized siRNA formulation is as effective as the fresh preparation and that long-term storage could be a viable option to treat deadly diseases such as cancer and viral infection...
- Development of stable lyophilized protein drug productsRichard L Remmele
Vaccine Formulation Development, MedImmune, 319 Bernardo Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 13:471-96. 2012b>Freeze drying, or lyophilization is widely used for biopharmaceuticals to improve the long term storage stability of labile molecules. This review examines general theory and practice of rational lyophilization of biopharmaceuticals...
- Comparison of spray freeze drying and the solvent evaporation method for preparing solid dispersions of baicalein with Pluronic F68 to improve dissolution and oral bioavailabilityXiuqiong He
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
AAPS PharmSciTech 12:104-13. 2011..consisting of baicalein and a carrier with a low glass transition/melting point (Pluronic F68) by spray freeze drying (SFD). We compared these powders to those produced from the conventional solvent evaporation method...
- Lyophilized aspirin with trehalose may decrease the incidence of gastric injuries in healthy dogsLee Shuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Surgery, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 74:1511-6. 2012..Lyophilized aspirin/trehalose might be a solution to decrease aspirin-induced gastropathy...
- Preparation of redispersible dry nanocapsules by means of spray-drying: development and characterisationPatrice Tewa-Tagne
Universite de Lyon, Lyon F 69003, France
Eur J Pharm Sci 30:124-35. 2007..The spray-drying technique is an attractive method to improve the NC conservation and facilitate future handling...
- Pharmacokinetics of desmopressin administrated as an oral lyophilisate dosage form in children with primary nocturnal enuresis and healthy adultsOle Osterberg
Ferring Pharmaceuticals A S, Kay Fiskers Plads 11 DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
J Clin Pharmacol 46:1204-11. 2006..The main difference in the pharmacokinetics between children and adults was the absorption delay. The pharmacokinetic difference was minor and presumably of no clinical relevance...
- Freeze-drying of liposomes using tertiary butyl alcohol/water cosolvent systemsJingXia Cui
School of Pharmacy, Hebei Medical University, No 361, Zhongshan East Road, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province 050017, PR China
Int J Pharm 312:131-6. 2006..In addition, in conjunction with a modified injection method, this FD technology might be used to produce dehydrated HSPC liposomes on a large scale...
- Inulin sugar glasses preserve the structural integrity and biological activity of influenza virosomes during freeze-drying and storageJørgen de Jonge
Department of Medical Microbiology, Molecular Virology Section, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:33-44. 2007..Formulation of influenza virosomes as a dry-powder is advantageous for storage and transport and offers the possibility to develop needle-free dosage forms, e.g. for oral, nasal, pulmonal, or dermal delivery...
- Aerosol delivery of nanoparticles in uniform mannitol carriers formulated by ultrasonic spray freeze dryingSuzanne M D'Addio
Advanced Drug Delivery Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Pharmacy Building A15, Camperdown, New South Wales, 2006, Australia
Pharm Res 30:2891-901. 2013..We describe a successful dry powder formulation which is capable of delivering nanoparticles to the lungs with good aerosolization properties, high loadings of nanoparticles, and limited irreversible aggregation...
- Correlation of laboratory and production freeze drying cyclesWei Y Kuu
BioPharma Solutions, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Round Lake, IL 60073, USA
Int J Pharm 302:56-67. 2005..The cycle run for the LDH formulation using the Edwards production dryer verified that the cycle developed in a laboratory freeze-dryer was transferable at the production scale...
- Nuclear transfer preserves the nuclear genome of freeze-dried mouse cellsTetsuo Ono
Laboratory for Genomic Reprogramming, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology, Kobe, Japan
J Reprod Dev 54:486-91. 2008..Our findings show that the genomic integrity of cells can be maintained after freeze-drying and that it is possible to produce offspring from the cells using nuclear transfer techniques...
- Impact of matrix properties on the survival of freeze-dried bacteriaPer Wessman
Department of Microbiology, Uppsala BioCenter, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 7025, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
J Sci Food Agric 91:2518-28. 2011..hydroxypropylmethylcellulose and polyvinylalcohol to support the survival of three bacterial strains during freeze drying. The initial osmotic conditions were adjusted to be similar for all formulations...
- Factors affecting short-term and long-term stabilities of proteinsT Arakawa
Amgen Inc, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 46:307-26. 2001..This review discusses the current knowledge of the mechanisms by which these additives stabilize proteins against acute stresses, and also the various factors to be considered for long-term storage of proteins in solution...
- Survival of freeze-dried leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus plantarum related to their cellular fatty acids composition during storageIbourahema Coulibaly
Unité des Bio industries, Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Faculte Universitaire des Sciences Agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, Gembloux, Belgium
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 157:70-84. 2009..mesenteroides and L. plantarum was noted in the freeze-dried powder held at 4 degrees C or under vacuum and in dark than at 20 degrees C or in the presence of oxygen and light...
- Effect of intracellular trehalose in Cryptococcus laurentii and exogenous lyoprotectants on its viability and biocontrol efficacy on Penicillium expansum in apple fruitB Q Li
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 44:437-42. 2007To improve viability and biocontrol efficacy of Cryptococcus laurentii after freeze drying and in subsequent storage.
- First steps towards tissue engineering of small-diameter blood vessels: preparation of flat scaffolds of collagen and elastin by means of freeze dryingL Buttafoco
Department of Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials, Faculty of Science and Technology and Institute of Biomedical Technology BMTI, University of Twente, Enschede, 7500AE, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 77:357-68. 2006Porous scaffolds composed of collagen or collagen and elastin were prepared by freeze drying at temperatures between -18 and -196 degrees C. All scaffolds had a porosity of 90-98% and a homogeneous distribution of pores...
- Effect of culture age, protectants, and initial cell concentration on viability of freeze-dried cells of Metschnikowia pulcherrimaDavide Spadaro
Department of Exploitation and Protection of Agricultural and Forestry Resources, University of Turin, Grugliasco, TO, Italy
Can J Microbiol 56:809-15. 2010..pulcherrima cells was similar to that obtained in other studies. The results constitute a first step towards the commercial development of M. pulcherrima as a biocontrol agent...
- Survival curves for microbial species stored by freeze-dryingYukie Miyamoto-Shinohara
International Patent Organism Depository, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, 1 1 1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Cryobiology 52:27-32. 2006..The excellent survival after freeze-drying of each species might be attributable to the high level of desiccation and to sealing under vacuum...
- Freeze-drying fungi using a shelf freeze-drierC Shu hui Tan
Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 368:119-25. 2007..This approach has been employed to freeze-dry the majority of the 50,000 fungal strains that have been successfully lyophilized at the Centraal bureau voor Schimmelcultures (CBS) culture collection (http://www.cbs.knaw.nl/)...
- Molecular cloning of mRNA from toad granular gland secretion and lyophilized skin: identification of Bo8--a novel prokineticin from Bombina orientalisTianbao Chen
Molecular Therapeutics Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Queen s University, 97 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7BL, Northern Ireland, UK
Peptides 26:377-83. 2005..Amino acid substitutions in skin prokineticins from the skin secretions of bombinid toads are confined to discrete sites affording the necessary information for structure/activity studies and analog design...
- Viability, efficacy, and storage stability of freeze-dried biocontrol agent Candida sake using different protective and rehydration mediaM Abadias
Postharvest Unit, CeRTA, Centre UdL IRTA, Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
J Food Prot 64:856-61. 2001..The effect of several protective agents and rehydration media was investigated in the freeze drying of C. sake. Skimmed milk at 10% concentration was a good rehydration medium for all protectants tested...
- Unmasking venom gland transcriptomes in reptile venomsTianbao Chen
Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Ireland
Anal Biochem 311:152-6. 2002....
- Lyophilization prior to direct DNA extraction from bovine feces improves the quantification of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Campylobacter jejuniDelphine Rapp
Climate, Land and Environment, AgResearch, East Street, Private Bag 3123, Hamilton 3240, New Zealand
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:1686-8. 2010....
- Tolerance of the mouse sperm nuclei to freeze-drying depends on their disulfide statusTakehito Kaneko
Institute for Biogenesis Research, Department of Anatomy and Reproductive Biology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1859-62. 2003..The potential for freeze-drying damage seems likely to relate to the -SS- status of sperm proteins, in particular its protamines...
- Glycine betaine as a cryoprotectant for prokaryotesDavid Cleland
Bacteriology Program, American Type Culture Collection, 10801 University Boulevard, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
J Microbiol Methods 58:31-8. 2004..These results indicate that GB is a simple and useful cryoprotectant that works for a wide range of prokaryotic organisms under different cryopreservation regimens...
- Activation, pronuclear formation, and development in vitro of pig oocytes following intracytoplasmic injection of freeze-dried spermatozoaIn Kiu Kwon
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
Biol Reprod 71:1430-6. 2004..These results demonstrate that pig oocytes can be fertilized with appropriately freeze-dried spermatozoa and that the fertilized oocytes can develop to the blastocyst stage...
- Improvement in the long-term stability of freeze-dried mouse spermatozoa by adding of a chelating agentTakehito Kaneko
Division of Reproductive Engineering, Center for Animal Resources and Development CARD, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Cryobiology 53:279-82. 2006..This finding suggested that mouse spermatozoa can be freeze-dried in a simple solution containing the same composition as that used to preserve extracted DNA...
- Offspring derived from oocytes injected with rat sperm, frozen or freeze-dried without cryoprotectionT Kaneko
Division of Reproductive Engineering, Center for Animal Resources and Development CARD, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Theriogenology 68:1017-21. 2007..We concluded that this simple preservation method, in which cryoprotection was not required, allowed sperm to be preserved efficiently with maintenance of their fertilizing ability...
- Encapsulation and sustained release from biodegradable microcapsules made by emulsification/freeze drying and spray/freeze dryingWeisi Yin
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Rochester, 206 Gavett Hall, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 336:155-61. 2009Hollow biodegradable poly(DL-lactide) (PLA) particles with porous shell walls were prepared by freeze drying small droplets of PLA solution formed by emulsification or spraying...
- Viable rat offspring derived from oocytes intracytoplasmically injected with freeze-dried sperm headsMasumi Hirabayashi
National Institute for Physiological Sciences, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies, Okazaki, Aichi, Japan
Zygote 13:79-85. 2005..Thus, the successful participation of freeze-dried spermatozoa in full-term development was demonstrated by applying ICSI in the rat...
- Importance of primary culture conditions for the development of rat ICSI embryos and long-term preservation of freeze-dried spermTakehito Kaneko
Division of Reproductive Engineering, Center for Animal Resources and Development CARD, Kumamoto University, Honjo, Kumamoto, Japan
Cryobiology 58:293-7. 2009..Also, rat sperm after freeze-drying in TE buffer were preserved at 4 degrees C for long term without their deterioration...
- Solid state fluorescence of lyophilized proteinsRanjini Ramachander
Product and Process Development, One Amgen Center Drive, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Anal Biochem 376:173-82. 2008..This suggests that solid state, intrinsic protein fluorescence measurements using the Cary-Eclipse holder may be feasible for long-term stability studies and formulation development...
- Constant size, variable density aerosol particles by ultrasonic spray freeze dryingSuzanne M D'Addio
Advanced Drug Delivery Group, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW 2006, Australia
Int J Pharm 427:185-91. 2012..of critical process parameters involved in the production of inhalation aerosol particles by ultrasonic spray freeze drying to enable precise control over particle size and aerodynamic properties...
- Controlled crystallization of the lipophilic drug fenofibrate during freeze-drying: elucidation of the mechanism by in-line Raman spectroscopyHans de Waard
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
AAPS J 12:569-75. 2010..In conclusion, for the model drug fenofibrate, a high freezing rate and a relatively low crystallization temperature resulted in the smallest crystals and therefore the highest dissolution rate...
- Preparation and pharmacokinetics of docetaxel based on nanostructured lipid carriersXiang Li
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, People s Republic of China
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1485-92. 2009..This study describes the preparation and pharmacokinetics of docetaxel based on freeze-dried nanostructured lipid carriers (NLCs)...
- Influence of the stabilizer coating layer on the purification and freeze-drying of poly(D,L-lactic acid) nanoparticles prepared by an emulsion-diffusion techniqueD Quintanar Guerrero
Interuniversity Centre Geneva Lyon, Archamps, France
J Microencapsul 15:107-19. 1998In this study, the purification by cross-flow filtration (CFF) and freeze drying of poly(D,L-lactic acid) (PLA) nanoparticles prepared by an emulsion-diffusion technique using poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVAL) or poloxamer 188 (P-188) were ..
- Visualization of actin filaments in keratocyte lamellipodia: negative staining compared with freeze-dryingJ V Small
Institute of Molecular Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Salzburg
J Struct Biol 113:135-41. 1994..Drying in negative stain appears to stabilise the actin network.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Preparation and characterization of medium-chain fatty acid liposomes by lyophilizationChengmei Liu
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Department of Life Science and Food Engineering, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
J Liposome Res 20:183-90. 2010..The mean diameters were 251.1 and 265.3 nm, and the encapsulation efficiencies were 80.5 and 79.2% for freshly prepared and reconstituted liposomes, respectively...
- Freeze-drying of nanocapsules: impact of annealing on the drying processWassim Abdelwahed
Laboratoire d Automatique et de Génie des Procédés LAGEP, UMR CNRS 5007, CPE Lyon, ISPB, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1, 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
Int J Pharm 324:74-82. 2006..The acceleration of sublimation rate seems to depend on the temperature of annealing. The annealing of sucrose solution slows down the secondary drying kinetic whereas no effect is observed in the case of PVP...
- Freeze-dried primate sperm retains early reproductive potential after intracytoplasmic sperm injectionLuis Gabriel Sánchez-Partida
Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 89:742-5. 2008..Oocytes inseminated by intracytoplasmic sperm injection using fresh ejaculated or freeze-dried rhesus macaque sperm showed similar activation, sperm aster assembly, and male-female pronuclear apposition rates...
- From anhydrobiosis to freeze-drying of eukaryotic cellsWillem F Wolkers
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 131:535-43. 2002..We suggest that this finding will obviate the storage problem with platelets and that the principles established here may be extended to more complex eukaryotic cells...
- The stabilisation of purified, reconstituted P-glycoprotein by freeze drying with disaccharidesAdam Heikal
University of Brighton, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, Cockcroft Building, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4GJ, UK
Cryobiology 58:37-44. 2009..The ABCB1 purification procedure was optimised to allow successful freeze drying by substitution of glycerol with the disaccharides trehalose or maltose...
- Lyoprotected nanosphere formulations for paclitaxel controlled deliveryT Musumeci
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Catania, V le A Doria, 6 I 95125 Catania, Italy
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 6:3118-25. 2006..The PLGA NS, in particular, showed a cell growth inhibitory activity comparable to the free drug...
- Protein spray-freeze drying. Effect of atomization conditions on particle size and stabilityH R Costantino
Alkermes, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Pharm Res 17:1374-83. 2000..To investigate the effect of atomization conditions on particle size and stability of spray-freeze dried protein...
- Development of stable influenza vaccine powder formulations: challenges and possibilitiesJ P Amorij
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 25:1256-73. 2008..e. lyophilization, spray drying, spray-freeze drying, vacuum drying or supercritical fluid drying), the current status of dry influenza vaccine development and the ..
- Impaction bone grafting using freeze-dried allograft in revision hip arthroplastyN J de Roeck
Orthopaedic Research Unit, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Surrey RH1 5RH, United Kingdom
J Arthroplasty 16:201-6. 2001..The results of impaction bone grafting with freeze-dried bone alone have been satisfactory, although we recommend caution in its use alone in the hostile acetabulum...
- Inulin glasses for the stabilization of therapeutic proteinsW L Hinrichs
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology and Biopharmacy, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 215:163-74. 2001..When freeze drying is envisaged as method of drying, a relatively high Tg of the freeze concentrated fraction (Tg') is ..
- Instability, stabilization, and formulation of liquid protein pharmaceuticalsW Wang
Biotechnology, Bayer Corporation, 800 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94701, USA
Int J Pharm 185:129-88. 1999....
- Stability of dry liposomes in sugar glassesW Q Sun
Department of Botany, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Biophys J 70:1769-76. 1996..The half-life of solute retention in dry liposomes may be prolonged by storing dry liposomes at temperatures below the Tg and by increasing the Tg of the dry liposome preparation...
- The relation between moisture-induced aggregation and structural changes in lyophilized insulinGiselle M Flores-Fernández
Department of Chemistry, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico
J Pharm Pharmacol 61:1555-61. 2009..We have investigated the structural consequences of moisture sorption by lyophilized insulin under controlled humidity conditions by employing Fourier transform-infrared (FT-IR) microscopy...
- Optical Coherence Tomography Based Freeze Drying MicroscopyMircea Mujat; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Freeze drying below Tc is necessary to insure elegant appearance, low residual water content and therefore good storage ..
- Development of stable and rapidly acting adjuvanted vaccines for biodefenseROBERT NEWTON BREY; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is expected to result in dried thermostable subunit vaccines that can be given in an accelerated regimen (fewer numbers of doses) and which result in more rapid onset of protective immunity. ..
- Optical Coherence Tomography Based Freeze Drying MicroscopyMircea Mujat; Fiscal Year: 2013..system to advance the understanding of freeze-drying and to enable the development of efficient commercial freeze drying processes...
- Genotype Analysis for Diagnosis of Urea Cycle DisordersSteven Dobrowolski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 4 will demonstrate gene scanning reagents (buffer, dye, dNTPs, oligonucleotides, enzyme) are stabilized by freeze drying and following re-suspension perform in a manner comparable to freshly prepared reagents...
- A Thermostable Measles VaccineJeffrey K Griffiths; Fiscal Year: 2010..Vaccine campaigns have failed to eliminate measles because the vaccine goes bad when it is heated. Our project is to make a new vaccine that will not lose its ability to protect people if there is no refrigeration. ..
- YOUNG FROM STORED AND IMPAIRED MOUSE SPERMJohn Biggers; Fiscal Year: 2001..Other studies will be concerned with improving the current methods of in vitro fertilization, intracytoplasmic sperm injection and embryo transfer in mice, the results of which will be incorporated in a final algorithm. ..
- Organic Solvent Vapor Mass Flow Rate Monitor for Pharmaceutical Drying OperationsWilliam J Kessler; Fiscal Year: 2012..Example drying operations may include vacuum drying or fluid bed drying. Alternatively, freeze drying of labile drug products involves filling vials with liquid product (containing dissolved solids) and ..
- Freeze-Dried, Viable Allogeneic Heart ValvesKelvin Brockbank; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Osteoinductive Protein Synthesizing Implant SystemKyumin Whang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Revitalizing Allografts for Craniofacial ReconstructionEdward Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Process Analytic Technologies (PAT) for BiologicsWILLIAM KESSLER; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- DEVEL. OF A MINI-LYOPHILIZER FOR PHARMA. PRODUCTFORMUL.&PRO. &DEVEL. HHSN261201WILLIAM KESSLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The process of developing a drug formulation and freeze drying process begins with laboratory experiments followed by scale-up to pilot and production scale lyophilizers...
- CONCENTRATION METHOD FOR THERMALLY LABILE PHARMACEUTICALJOHN BOWSER; Fiscal Year: 2000..When product activity is sensitive to temperatures above room temperature, processes such as freeze drying are employed...
- STRUCTURE DETERMINATION OF THE NA/K-ATPASEManijeh Mohraz; Fiscal Year: 1992..It is closely related to Na, K-ATPase and the resulting structural similarities and differences could shed light on the mechanism of ion transport by these important biological systems...
- LYOPHILIZATION OF NONVIRAL GENE DELIVERY SYSTEMSTHOMAS ANCHORDOQUY; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition to designing excipient formulations to stabilize lyophilized preparations, these studies will help to better characterize the "native state" of synthetic gene delivery systems. ..
- DIGESTION OF FOOD OXALATEHarmeet Sidhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..The third specific aim will optimize fermentation and freeze drying conditions to produce a product with satisfactory cost, efficacy, safety and shelf life...
- Biochemical Stabilization for Freeze Dried PlateletsChristopher Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Breaking Tolerance to a Tumor associated AntigenScott Bingham; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe the novel delivery approach of this vaccine has potential to provide a broad immune response more capable of decreasing if not preventing tumor burden. ..
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO IMPROVE AND EXTEND PLATELET STORAGESherrill Slichter; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Stabilized Platelets for Advanced Wound HealingCindy Orser; Fiscal Year: 2004..loading methodologies, from endocytotic to peptide-mediated, will be evaluated for their applicability for pre-freeze drying loading...
- SIMPLE METHODS FOR SPERM CRYOPRESERVATIONRyuzo Yanagimachi; Fiscal Year: 2003..based on our published and unpublished data which demonstrate that simple cryopreservation methods such as freeze drying can preserve the genetic material without the requirement to maintain sperm viability...
- Development of a highly efficient sperm freeze drying systemTaylor Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Without this new technology, this priceless genetic resource could be lost and become unavailable for lifesaving research in the future. ..
- CONCENTRATION METHOD FOR THERMALLY LABILE PHARMACEUTICALJOHN BOWSER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Formulation of Synthetic Vectors as Lyophilized ProductsTHOMAS ANCHORDOQUY; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., vaccines, viruses, nanoparticles) during freeze-drying and storage. ..
- REGULATION OF PLATELET SHAPE CHANGESJohn Hartwig; Fiscal Year: 1993..We propose a comprehensive interdisciplinary study on to define the resting platelet cytoskeleton and understand the mechanism of platelet actin assembly during activation of the cells...
- Chemoprevention of Esophageal Squamous Cell CarcinomaGary Stoner; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- METABOLISM OF CARCINOGENIC TOBACCO SPECIFIC NITROSAMINESStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Remodeling of ECM ScaffoldsStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have identified clearly defined specific aims with quantifiable end points and an efficient three year timeline to conduct this work. ..
- Development of Hydrogel Spinal Disc ReplacementBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Nano Fibers for ADME/ToxicologyPeter Ma; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeting Histone Deacetylation: A Tool for Chemopevention of Esophageal CancerLaura Kresty; Fiscal Year: 2008..goal of identifying and translating efficacious preventive agents into the clinic for evaluation in high risk human cohorts, including patients with long standing Barrett's esophagus or [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOLOGY OF PROTEOLYTIC DERIVATIVES OF LP(A)ANGELO SCANU; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of the proposed studies should shed light on whether ox-PL adducts play a role in the cardiovascular pathogenicity of Lp(a). ..
- Development and Characterization of a Novel Contrast AgentMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2009..A diagnostic tool that could safely and non-invasively detect tumors at an early stage, before metastasis, would be a great advance in health care. ..
- Orchestrating Bone Regeneration on Multiple ScalesPeter X Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..SA 3. Confirm that the multi-scaled and factor-releasing scaffolds (selected from Aims 1&2) afford a superior environment for vascularized bone regeneration in a rat critical defect model. ..
- INTERACTIONS OF LP(A) WITH VASCULAR EXTRACELLULAR MATRIXANGELO SCANU; Fiscal Year: 2002..Underlying these studies is the hypothesis, that the MMP-mediated changes in Lp(a)/apo(a) are favored by the inflammatory milieu of the human atheroma. ..
- CARCINOGENIC CYCLIC NITROSAMINE DNA ADDUCTSStephen S Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research is significant because of the known human exposure to these carcinogens through the diet, tobacco products, and endogenous formation. ..
- Cell Recruitment Induced by ECM Scaffold DegradationStephen F Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objectives of the studies, the hypothesis upon which the experimental design is based, and a timeline for completion of the studies are presented. ..
- BONE FACTORS AND ENDOCHONDRAL OSSIFICATIONBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..It is suggested that these results will provide insight into the role these factors play in bone development and repair. ..
- ROLE OF MEMBRANES AND MINERALIZATION OF BONES AND TEETHBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2001..This work will have major implications for our understanding of MV and how cells that calcify their matrix are able to regulate these extracellular organelles at distant sites. ..
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention: Isothiocyanates, inositolStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Gamma-Delta T cells and CryptosporidiosisBeth Kirkpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2008..These data will advance our understanding of the mucosal immune response to cryptosporidiosis, which will lead to further advances in prevention and therapy. ..
- Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound with Therapeutic ModalityMargaret Wheatley; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies are a prelude to show feasibility prior to in vivo studies. ..
- Influence of Sex and Gender on Musculoskeletal HealthBarbara Boyan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Worldwide current and future clinical trials will be discussed. Short papers on the workshop topics, future directions, and scientific updates will be published via Internet and summary papers in peer-reviewed journals. ..
- Chemoprevention of Oral Dysplasia by Black RaspberriesSusan Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2005..This experimental design (comparison of pretreatment and post-treatments tissues) permits each patient to serve as their own internal control. ..
- Biomimetic Nano ScaffoldsPeter Ma; Fiscal Year: 2004..This knowledge will enable us to develop a predictable biomimetic scaffold for in vivo application and will be the basis for our planned R01 investigation. ..
- Preservation of ejaculated mouse spermatozoaMONIKA WARD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our expectations are that the results of this application will allow us to recommend ICSI with preserved ejaculated spermatozoa as a simple and efficient method for preservation of valuable mouse genomes. ..
- Tobacco CarcinogenesisStephen Hecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..Steven Tannenbaum (MIT), Dr. Jack Henningfield (Johns Hopkins and Pinney Associates), Drs. Jeffrey Seeman and Anthony Tricker (Philip Morris), and Dr. John Lauterbach (an independent consultant, formerly with Brown and Williamson). ..
- NanobioReactor for monitoring small cell populationsAles Prokop; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of ECM Scaffold RemodelingStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2006..The work will be conducted by an experienced interdisciplinary team of scientists and a timeline is presented for completion of the work. ..
- Sperm DNA damage in fertilizationMONIKA WARD; Fiscal Year: 2006..are treated with various chemicals (detergents, DTT, exogenous DNA) or are subjected to mechanical insults (freeze drying and freezing without cryoprotection), and then injected into the oocytes, the paternal chromosomes in the ..
- The Role of VDR in PTH and Vitamin D3(D3) SynergyTara Aghaloo; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will help understand the mechanisms of PTH and D3 synergy through VDR and their effects on osteoblastic differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ice Nucelation in Biological Tissues - Implications to CryopreservationRam Devireddy; Fiscal Year: 2007..SA2: Extension of the technique to measure ice nucleation kinetics in whole tissues. SA3: Modeling and prediction of ice nucleation kinetics in whole tissue sections. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bacterial Vaccine Antigen DiscoveryLAWRENCE PAOLETTI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 2). Findings from these studies utilizing this unique approach to vaccine antigen discovery could be directly applied to other bacterial pathogens. ..
- Mechanobiology and Regenerative MedicineMichael S Sacks; Fiscal Year: 2010..A timeline for completion of these studies, hypotheses to drive the specific aims, alternative approaches for completion of the work, and quantitative criteria for success are provided. ..
- Development of a Global GBS VaccineLAWRENCE PAOLETTI; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will lead to a vaccine effective in preventing GBS diseases worldwide. ..
- Role of Oxidants & Angiogenesis in Kaposi's SarcomaSusan Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2007..Elucidation of these interactions will not only clarify KS pathogenic mechanisms, but will also identify sites for KS therapeutic intervention. ..
- Formulation & Evaluation of Bioadhesive Gels for Oral Cancer ChemopreventionSusan Mallery; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ORIGIN OF CELLS THAT REPOPULATE RESORBABLE ECM SCAFFOLDSStephen Badylak; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..