Summary: Technique whereby the weight of a sample can be followed over a period of time while its temperature is being changed (usually increased at a constant rate).
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Thermal decomposition study of monovarietal extra virgin olive oil by simultaneous thermogravimetry/differential scanning calorimetry: relation with chemical compositionStefano Vecchio
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica Materiali Ambiente, Universita La Sapienza, Roma
J Agric Food Chem 57:4793-800. 2009..origins (eight from Italy, two from Spain, and the others from Tunisia) was evaluated by simultaneous thermogravimetry (TG) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) analyses...
- Synthesis and characterization of a new mebendazole salt: mebendazole hydrochlorideE V Brusau
Quimica Inorganica, Departamento de Quimica, Facultad de Quimica, Bioquimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Chacabuco y Pedernera, 5700 San Luis, Argentina
J Pharm Sci 97:542-52. 2008..Decomposition occurs in four steps. In the first step the HCl group is eliminated, and after that the remaining MBZ polymorph A decomposes in three steps, as happens with polymorphs B and C. (..
- Synthesis, structural characterization, and biological studies of new antimony(III) complexes with thiones. The influence of the solvent on the geometry of the complexesIbrahim I Ozturk
Section of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Inorg Chem 46:8652-61. 2007..been synthesized and characterized by elemental analysis, FT-IR, far-FT-IR, differential thermal analysis-thermogravimetry, X-ray diffraction, and conductivity measurements...
- Thermal decomposition and kinetics studies on 1,4-dinitropiperazine (DNP)Qi Long Yan
Xi an Modern Chemistry Research Institute, Xi an 710065, China
J Hazard Mater 151:515-21. 2008DNP, a nitramine, has been studied with regard to the kinetics and mechanism of thermal decomposition, using thermogravimetry (TG), differential thermal analysis (DTA), infrared (IR) spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetry (..
- Preparation of uniform prednisolone microcrystals by a controlled microprecipitation methodXiang Shan Li
Sin China Nano Technology Center, Key Lab for Nanomaterials, Ministry of Education, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, PR China
Int J Pharm 342:26-32. 2007..The dissolution tests showed that the hexagonal and tetragonal PDL microcrystals exhibited significantly enhanced dissolution property when compared to commercial micronized PDL...
- Development of antiproliferative nanohybrid compound with controlled release property using ellagic acid as the active agentMohd Zobir Hussein
Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1373-83. 2011..In vitro bioassay study showed that the EAN has a mild effect on the hepatocytes cells, similar to its counterpart, free EA...
- Synthesis and characterization of water soluble single-walled carbon nanotube graft copolymersBin Zhao
Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Riverside, California 92521 0403, USA
J Am Chem Soc 127:8197-203. 2005..NIR spectroscopic studies of SWNT-PABS show that this graft copolymer has a ground state that is a hybrid of the electronic structures of the isolated PABS and SWNT macromolecules...
- Preparation and characterization of chitosan poly(acrylic acid) magnetic microspheresLiang Guo
Department of Radiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, and College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Soochow University, Suzhou 215007, China
Mar Drugs 8:2212-22. 2010..infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), and thermogravimetry (TG)...
- Investigation on thermochemical behaviour of low rank Malaysian coal, oil palm biomass and their blends during pyrolysis via thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)Siti Shawalliah Idris
Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi MARA Malaysia, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Bioresour Technol 101:4584-92. 2010..First-order reaction model were used to determine the kinetics parameters for the pyrolysis of coal, palm biomass and their respective blends...
- Characterization and stability analysis of zinc oxide nanoencapsulated conjugated linoleic acidJin Ho Choy
Dept of Chemistry, Ewha Womans Univ, Seoul, Korea
J Food Sci 75:N63-8. 2010..Nanoencapsulation improved the thermal stability of CLA by about 25%, compared to pristine CLA. Practical Application: This system can be used for protection of encapsulated negatively-charged food ingredients from thermal processing...
- Thermogravimetric analysis of giant sensitive plants under air atmosphereThanasit Wongsiriamnuay
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai University, 239 Huaykaew Rd, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Bioresour Technol 101:9314-20. 2010..As the heating rates increased, average devolatilisation and combustion rates were observed to increase while the activation energy showed slight increase...
- Physical and structural characteristics of acrylated poly(ethylene glycol)-alginate conjugatesMaya Davidovich-Pinhas
Department of Chemical Engineering, Technion, Haifa 32000, Israel
Acta Biomater 7:2817-25. 2011..It seems that the concentration of the acrylated end group is not high enough to create a chemically cross-linked network...
- Non-isothermal pyrolysis characteristics of giant sensitive plants using thermogravimetric analysisThanasit Wongsiriamnuay
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Bioresour Technol 101:5638-44. 2010..It was found that an increase in heating rate resulted in a shift of thermograms to higher temperatures. As the heating rates increased, average devolatilization rates were observed to increase while the activation energy decreased...
- Nitrofurantoin-p-aminobenzoic acid cocrystal: hydration stability and dissolution rate studiesSuryanarayan Cherukuvada
School of Chemistry, University of Hyderabad, Prof C R Rao Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Pharm Sci 100:3233-44. 2011..NF-PABA cocrystal was found to be superior among the compounds studied in terms of minimal transformation to NF hydrate and comparable dissolution rate to the reference drug...
- Thermogravimetric and kinetic analysis of Spirulina wastes under nitrogen and air atmospheresLili Li
Yantai Institute of Coastal Zone Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 17 Chunhui Road, Laishan District, Yantai 264003, China
Bioresour Technol 140:152-7. 2013..The global kinetic model is estimated to be applicable for describing the thermal decomposition of Spirulina wastes under both inert and oxidative conditions...
- Thermal degradation mechanisms of wood under inert and oxidative environments using DAEM methodsD K Shen
Energy Technology Research Group, School of Engineering Science, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
Bioresour Technol 102:2047-52. 2011....
- Physicochemical and bioactivity of cross-linked chitosan-PVA film for food packaging applicationsS Tripathi
Department of Chemistry, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad 211004, India
Int J Biol Macromol 45:372-6. 2009..Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Bacillus subtilis. The obtained results indicate the film may be a promising material for food packaging applications...
- Oxy-fuel combustion characteristics and kinetics of microalgae Chlorella vulgaris by thermogravimetric analysisChunxiang Chen
College of Electrical Engineering, Guangxi University, Xixiangtang District, Nanning City, PR China
Bioresour Technol 144:563-71. 2013....
- Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) multifunctional composite scaffolds for tissue engineering applicationsSuperb K Misra
Department of Materials, Imperial College London, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AZ, UK Natural History Museum, Mineralogy, Cromwell Road, London SW75BD, UK
Biomaterials 31:2806-15. 2010..P(3HB) scaffolds with multifunctionalities (viz. bactericidal, bioactive, electrically conductive, antioxidative behaviour) were thus produced, which paves the way for next generation of advanced scaffolds for bone tissue engineering...
- Comparison of different pretreatment methods for lignocellulosic materials. Part II: Influence of pretreatment on the properties of rye straw ligninKai Wörmeyer
Hamburg University of Technology, Thermal Separation Processes, Eissendorfer Strasse 38, D 21073 Hamburg, Germany
Bioresour Technol 102:4157-64. 2011..Lignin products from the soda process, the Aquasolve process and with reservation the organosolv process show interesting properties for polymer applications...
- Pyrolysis kinetics and decomposition characteristics of pine treesSeung Soo Kim
Department of Chemical Engineering, Kangwon National University, 1 Joongang ro, Samcheok, Gangwon do 363 883, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 101:9797-802. 2010..It was found from the kinetic rate constants that the predominant reaction pathway was A (pine) to gas (C(1)-C(4)) rather than A to bio-oil at temperatures of 330-370 degrees C...
- Physico-chemical characterization of protein-pigment interactions in tempera paint reconstructions: casein/cinnabar and albumin/cinnabarCelia Duce
Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, Pisa, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 402:2183-93. 2012..The study clearly showed that HgS forms stable complexes with proteins and acts as a sensitizer in cross-linking, hydrolysis and oxidation...
- Hemoglobin recognition by imprinting in semi-interpenetrating polymer network hydrogel based on polyacrylamide and chitosanYong Qing Xia
State Key Laboratory of Functional Polymer Materials for Adsorption and Separation, Institute of Polymer Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 300071
Biomacromolecules 6:2601-6. 2005..The imprinted semi-IPN hydrogel has a much higher adsorption capacity for hemoglobin than the nonimprinted hydrogel with the same chemical composition and also has a higher selectivity for the imprinted molecule...
- Lipid microencapsulation in starchJ Kapusniak
Institute of Chemistry and Environmental Protection, Jan Długosz University of Czestochowa, Czestochowa, Poland
J Microencapsul 23:341-8. 2006..On the formation of microcapsules, the lipid guest molecules did not react to starches. The encapsulation yield varied between almost 11-94%...
- Polymorphism and pseudopolymorphism of salicaine and salicaine hydrochloride crystal polymorphism of local anaesthetic drugs, part VA C Schmidt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Pharm Sci 95:1097-113. 2006..I. A third polymorph monotropically related to mod. II degrees was found by freeze-drying. The free-base SLC was found to crystallize from ethanol/water as a triclinic hemihydrate...
- Crystal form of cephradineYoung Taek Sohn
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul 132 714, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:178-82. 2006..After storage for two months at 0% RH (silica gel, 20 degrees C), 52% RH (saturated solution of Na2Cr2O7 x 2H2O/ 20 degrees C), and 95% RH (saturated solution of Na2HPO4/20 degrees C), none of the crystal forms showed transformation...
- Diclofenac salts. III. Alkaline and earth alkaline saltsAdamo Fini
Istituto di Scienze Chimiche, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Pharm Sci 94:2416-31. 2005..Decomposition exotherms, before or soon after the melting, appear below 300 degrees C. The ammonium salt is thermally unstable and, when heated to start dehydration, dissociates and leaves acidic diclofenac...
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a new nonlinear optical material: 4-phenylpyridinium hydrogen squarate (4PHS)C Ramachandra Raja
Govt Arts College, Kumbakonam, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1146-9. 2008..The UV cut-off wavelength and decomposition temperature of this grown crystal were also comparatively better. (1)H NMR and (13)C NMR spectroscopic studies were employed to elucidate the structure of the grown specimen...
- Improvement of dissolution rate of piroxicam by inclusion into MCM-41 mesoporous silicateV Ambrogi
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Via del Liceo 1, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Pharm Sci 32:216-22. 2007..Physical stability tests of the free drug and the inclusion/adsorption complex were conducted as well over one month storage at 40 degrees C at different relative humidity...
- Crystal growth of phase matchable new organic nonlinear optical material for UV laser generationJ Ramajothi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620024, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1271-6. 2008..The phase matching condition was obtained by Kurtz powder second harmonic generation (SHG) efficiency test. The laser damage threshold of the grown crystal was measured using a Q-Switched Nd:YAG laser (1064 nm)...
- Zinc phosphate as versatile material for potential biomedical applications Part 1L Herschke
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Ackermannweg 10, D 55128, Mainz, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 17:81-94. 2006..investigated by means of X-Ray diffraction (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), combined with thermogravimetry (TGA-MS)...
- Characterization of polymeric dispersions of dimenhydrinate in ethyl cellulose for controlled releaseJ Desai
Department of Industrial Pharmacy, University of Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Int J Pharm 308:115-23. 2006....
- The role of molecular structure in the crystal polymorphism of local anesthetic drugs: crystal polymorphism of local anesthetic drugs, part XAndrea C Schmidt
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Innsbruck, Innrain 52, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Pharm Res 22:2121-33. 2005..The goal is to explore the relationship between crystal polymorphism and molecular structural features...
- A study of variable hydration states in topotecan hydrochlorideFrederick G Vogt
Chemical and Pharmaceutical Development, GlaxoSmithKline plc, P O Box 1539, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:1080-8. 2006..Despite the detectable association of the channel water with hydrogen bonding sites on the topotecan molecule, (2)H quadrupolar echo experiments indicate that the channel water is highly mobile at room temperature and at -60 degrees C...
- Polyurethane networks from fatty-acid-based aromatic triols: synthesis and characterizationGerard Lligadas
Departament de Quimica Analitica i Quimica Organica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Campus Sescelades, Marcel li Domingo s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Biomacromolecules 8:1858-64. 2007..Partial crystallinity and phase separation were detected in samples with hard-segment content of 50%...
- A novel quantification method of pantaprazole sodium monohydrate in sesquihydrate by thermogravimetric analyzerV Ranga Reddy
Department of Analytical Research and Development, IPD, Dr Reddy s Laboratories Ltd, Unit III, Plot No 116, S V Co Op Ind Estate, Bollaram, Jinnaram, Medak Dist 502325, Andhra Pradesh, India
J Pharm Biomed Anal 43:1836-41. 2007..The Hi-Res-modulated TGA technique is very simple and easy to perform the analysis...
- Crystal growth, thermal and optical studies on a semiorganic nonlinear optical material for blue-green laser generationJ Ramajothi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1213-9. 2007..The optical birefringence was measured in the visible region as a function of temperature in the range 30-150 degrees C by interference technique...
- Physicochemical characterization of deflazacort: thermal analysis, crystallographic and spectroscopic studySilvia L Cuffini
Agencia Cordoba Ciencia, CEPROCOR, Cordoba, Argentina
Steroids 72:261-9. 2007..1) were investigated using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetry (TG), single-crystal X-ray diffraction, solid and liquid nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((13)C NMR), ..
- Preparation of glass solutions of three poorly water soluble drugs by spray drying, melt extrusion and ball millingJames E Patterson
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 336:22-34. 2007..The dissolution of the spray-dried material was generally poor, compared to melt extruded and ball milled products. This was probably due to rapid dissolution of PVP from the small particles of the spray-dried products...
- Synthesis of a clinoptilolite-Fe system with high Cu sorption capacityMaria K Doula
National Agricultural Research Foundation of Greece, Soil Science Institute of Athens, 1 Sof Venizelou St, 14123 Lycovrisi, Greece
Chemosphere 67:731-40. 2007..This fact is owed to its high specific surface area and to its high negative surface charge. Desorption of Cu was also examined and it was observed that the Fe-Clin system desorbs smaller Cu amounts than untreated clinoptilolite...
- Synthesis and characterization of norfloxacin-transition metal complexes (group 11, IB): spectroscopic, thermal, kinetic measurements and biological activityMoamen S Refat
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Education, Suez Canal University, Port Said, Egypt
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1393-405. 2007..The norfloxacin and their metal complexes have been biologically tested, which resulted in norfloxacin complexes showing moderate activity against the gram positive and gram negative bacteria as well as against fungi...
- Low density porous carrier drug adsorption and release study by response surface methodology using different solventsPraveen Sher
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune 411038, Maharashtra State, India
Int J Pharm 331:72-83. 2007..Effect of solvent properties shows a positive influence on drug adsorption and release. Release profiles of some batches could be considered as gastroretentive drug delivery system...
- A supramolecular complex between proteinases and beta-cyclodextrin that preserves enzymatic activity: physicochemical characterizationAngelo M L Denadai
Department of Chemistry, Institute of Exact Sciences, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG, Antonio Carlos 6627, Belo Horizonte 31270 901, Brazil
BioDrugs 20:283-91. 2006..Plant cysteine proteinases from Caricaceae and Bromeliaceae are the subject of therapeutic interest, because of their anti-inflammatory, antitumoral, immunogenic, and wound-healing properties...
- Rapid assessment of the structural relaxation behavior of amorphous pharmaceutical solids: effect of residual water on molecular mobilityDanforth P Miller
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Pharm Res 23:2291-305. 2006....
- Dehydration of risedronate hemi-pentahydrate: analytical and physical characterizationCathy Lester
Analytical Department, Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Mason, Ohio, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:2631-44. 2006..Adjustment of the crystal lattice appears to compromise crystal integrity and can result in reduced crystallite and particle sizes...
- Molecular complex consisting of two typical external medicines: intermolecular interaction between indomethacin and lidocaineYukiko Umeda
Department of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Itabashi Hospital, 30 1 Ohyaguchi, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:832-6. 2007..From the (1)H-NMR analyses, it was estimated that the dominant interactive site was the IDM carboxylic acid group which associated with the LDC diethyl amino group non-covalently...
- Growth and characterization of organic nonlinear optical crystal of 1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene (CDNB)K Sethuraman
Department of Physics, Anna University, Chennai 600025, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 66:707-11. 2007..UV-vis studies show the cutoff wavelength is less than 400 nm. Nonlinear optical property of the crystal was studied by Kurtz powder technique using Nd:YAG laser and the crystal exhibits second harmonic generation property...
- Characterization and physical stability of tolfenamic acid-PVP K30 solid dispersionsPia Thybo
Department of Pharmaceutics and Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharm Dev Technol 12:43-53. 2007..However, SDs with lower content showed recrystallization of TA after 1 week. Thus, this study reveals the possibility of preparing stable SDs of amorphous TA in PVP with improved dissolution rate...
- Structural and thermal characterization of a semiorganic NLO material: L-alanine cadmium chlorideS Dhanuskodi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli 620 024, Tamil Nadu, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 66:637-42. 2007..Powder SHG study shows that LACC is 1.5 times efficient as KDP. Its optical transparency goes down to 200 nm comparable to the typical borate crystals like potassium pentaborate...
- Oiling out or molten hydrate-liquid-liquid phase separation in the system vanillin-waterMichael Svärd
Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Royal Institute of Technology, SE 100 44 Stockholm, Sweden
J Pharm Sci 96:2390-8. 2007..To our knowledge, liquid-liquid phase separation has not previously been reported for the system vanillin-water, even though thousands of tonnes of vanillin are produced globally every year...
- Cefdinir: A comparative study of anhydrous vs. monohydrate form. Microstructure and tabletting behaviourWalter Cabri
R and D Department, Antibioticos Spa, Rodano Milan, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 64:212-21. 2006..The use of this later improves dissolution of tablet dosage form due to the lack of interconversion during tablet manufacture...
- Synthesis, growth, structural, spectroscopic and optical studies of a new semiorganic nonlinear optical crystal: L-valine hydrochlorideK Kirubavathi
Department of Physics, Thanthai Hans Roever College, Perambalur 621212, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1283-6. 2008..Differential thermal and thermogravimetric analyses confirmed that the crystal is stable up to 211 degrees C. The powder second harmonic generation (SHG) efficiency of LVHCl is 1.7 times efficient as potassium dihydrogen phosphate (KDP)...
- Controlled release of clozapine through chitosan microparticles prepared by a novel methodSunil A Agnihotri
Drug Delivery Division, Center of Excellence in Polymer Science, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, India
J Control Release 96:245-59. 2004..Effect of crosslinking and drug loading on thermal decomposition of chitosan was studied by thermogravimetry (TGA) and these data indicated that pure chitosan is stable when compared to clozapine-loaded chitosan...
- Development of enteric-coated calcium pectinate microspheres intended for colonic drug deliveryFrancesca Maestrelli
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:508-18. 2008..Drug stability and drug-polymer interactions were studied by Differential Scanning Calorimetry, thermogravimetry, X-ray diffractometry and FTIR spectroscopy...
- X-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetry combined with infrared analysis of freeze-dried prednisolone hemisuccinateS Claussen
Jenapharm GmbH and Co. KG, Research and Development, Jena, Germany
Pharmazie 56:475-6. 2001..In this study, the thermal behaviour of freeze-dried prednisolone hemisuccinate (Prednisolut) was investigated by means of X-ray scattering, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and fourier transformation infra-red analysis (FT-IR)...
- The influence of thermal and mechanical preparative techniques on the amorphous state of four poorly soluble compoundsJames E Patterson
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, PO Box 913, 9001 Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 94:1998-2012. 2005..Ball milling may also be of use as a preparative technique however its effectiveness is dependent on the unit cell structure of the compound...
- Inclusion complexation and solubilization of paclitaxel by bridged bis(beta-cyclodextrin)s containing a tetraethylenepentaamino spacerYu Liu
Department of Chemistry, State Key Laboratory of Elemento organic Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, P R China
J Med Chem 46:4634-7. 2003..Furthermore, the cytotoxicity of the novel complexes was assessed using a K562 leukemia cell line which indicated that drug concentrations of 10 pg/mL elicited an inhibitory effect...
- Properties and stability of a liquid crystal form of cyclosporine-the first reported naturally occurring peptide that exists as a thermotropic liquid crystalDavid Lechuga-Ballesteros
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070 6256, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:1821-31. 2003..This is, to our knowledge, the first report of the existence of a thermotropic liquid crystal of a naturally occurring peptide...
- Crystallization and transitions of sulfamerazine polymorphsGeoff G Z Zhang
Department of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Weaver Densford Hall, 308 Harvard Street S E, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0343, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1089-100. 2002..Ostwald's Rule of Stages explains the crystallization of the polymorphs from various solvents and may account for the delay in the discovery of polymorph II...
- Physical characterization of oleanolic acid nonsolvate and solvates prepared by solvent recrystallizationHenry H Y Tong
School of Health Sciences, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, China
Int J Pharm 355:195-202. 2008..The PXRD patterns of commercial pharmaceutical grade OA and the OA-methanol were similar, so the commercial form is probably desolvated oleanolic acid methanol solvate...
- Variable temperature X-ray powder diffractometry of spironolactone polymorphsW Liebenberg
Research Institute for Industrial Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Potchefstroom University for CHE, Potchefstroom, South Africa
Pharmazie 58:435-7. 2003
- Solution and solid state properties of a set of procaine and procainamide derivativesMaría Eugenia Olivera
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Ciudad Universitaria, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Eur J Pharm Sci 18:337-48. 2003..Solid structure (zwitterionic or neutral), as well as composition (anhydrous or hydrated) may be recognized as the main factors in determining the rank of aqueous solubility of the set: (+-)>(+-.H(2)O)>(00.H(2)O)...
- Synthesis and characterization of konjac glucomannan-graft-polyacrylamide via gamma-irradiationZhenlin Xu
College of Food Science, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, PR China
Molecules 13:490-500. 2008..The results suggest that gamma-irradiation is convenient and efficient for inducing graft copolymerization of KGM and acrylamide (AM)...
- Characterization of solid-state forms of mebendazoleS Kumar
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology Formulations, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Nagar, Punjab, India
Pharmazie 63:136-43. 2008..Solubility studies were carried out for the solvates to identify the solubility advantage. Molecular modeling studies revealed moderately strong hydrogen bonding between the solvent molecules and MBZ...
- Formation and transformation of struvite and newberyite in aqueous solutions under conditions similar to physiologicalV Babic-Ivancic
Laboratory for Precipitation Processes, Division of Materials Chemistry, Ruder Boskovic Institute, P O Box 180, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Urol Res 32:350-6. 2004..by means of optical and scanning electron microscopy, x-ray diffractometry, FT-IR spectroscopy and thermogravimetry. Struvite was found to precipitate in nearly the whole concentration region investigated...
- Studies on manganese-nodule leached residues; 1. Physicochemical characterization and its adsorption behavior toward Ni(2+) in aqueous systemK M Parida
Regional Research Laboratory, Bhubaneswar 751013, India
J Colloid Interface Sci 277:48-54. 2004..The adsorption behavior of the washed sample toward Ni(2+) was recorded as a function of time, pH, temperature, and concentrations of adsorbent and adsorbate...
- Development of spray-dried co-precipitate of amorphous celecoxib containing storage and compression stabilizersRavindra S Dhumal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Erandawane, Pune 411038 Maharashtra, India
Acta Pharm 57:287-300. 2007..The present study demonstrates the synergistic effect of combining two types of stabilizers, PVP and CAR, on the stability of amorphous drug during compression and storage as compared to their effect when used alone...
- Characterization and evaluation of the hydrolytic stability of trifluoroacetylated cellulose fibersAna G Cunha
CICECO and Department of Chemistry, University of Aveiro, Campus de Santiago, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:360-6. 2007..of the ensuing materials was performed by elemental analysis, FTIR spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction (XRD), thermogravimetry, and surface analysis (XPS, ToF-SIMS, and contact angles measurements)...
- Studies on three-dimensional coordination polymer [Cd2(N2H4)2(N3)4]n: crystal structure, thermal decomposition mechanism and explosive propertiesZhenhua Liu
State Key Laboratory of Explosion Science and Technology, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Hazard Mater 154:832-8. 2008..thermal decomposition mechanism of the complex was studied by using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), thermogravimetry-derivative thermogravimetry (TG-DTG) and FT-IR techniques...
- Inclusion complex of trimethoprim with beta-cyclodextrinNing Li
College of Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:824-9. 2005..In vitro dissolution analysis indicated that dissolution properties of TMP/beta-CD complex were superior compared to both pure TMP and the corresponding physical mixture of TMP and beta-CD...
- Synthesis and characterisation of polyol-capped transition metal oxide nanoparticlesK S K Varadwaj
Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur 721302, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:627-34. 2005..FT-IR spectra show the presence of an organic moiety in the sample which acts as a capping agent. Thermogravimetry shows that the capping is stable up to 873 K in gamma-Fe2O3, and up to 400 K in Co3O4...
- Physical properties and molecular behavior of chitosan filmsJ Nunthanid
Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 27:143-57. 2001..4), and cross-linking between chitosan and phosphate anions might occur Finally, transmission infrared and 13C-NMR spectra supported that chitosan films prepared by using acetic acid as a dissolving were chitosonium acetate films...
- Spectroscopic study of phase transitions in natural calcite mineralS Gunasekaran
PG and Research Department of Physics, Pachaiyappa s college, Chennai 600030, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 69:1246-51. 2008..The minerals, which were formed upon heating the calcite, were calcium oxide and wollastonite...
- Synthesis of dawsonite: a method to treat the etching waste streams of the aluminium anodising industryE Alvarez-Ayuso
Department of Chemical Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 136, 2638 BL Delft, The Netherlands
Water Res 39:2096-104. 2005..Almost 100% of the aluminium initially present in the etching waste streams was recovered in the form of dawsonite when the appropriate conditions for its synthesis were used...
- Structural, thermoanalytical and molecular modeling studies on N-(3-hydroxypropyl) 3 alpha,12 alpha-dihydroxy-5 beta-cholan-24-amide and its monohydratesArto Valkonen
Department of Chemistry, University of Jyvaskyla, PO Box 35, FIN 40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Molecules 12:2161-78. 2007..The first monohydrate, C27H47NO4 x H2O, crystallizes in orthorhombic space group P2(1)2(1)2(1) with cell parameters: a = 7.1148(2), b = 18.1775(5), c = 20.1813(6), Z = 4...
- Synthesis and structure of nanocrystalline TiO2 with lower band gap showing high photocatalytic activityK Nagaveni
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Langmuir 20:2900-7. 2004..The lower band gap can be attributed to the carbon inclusion into the TiO2 giving TiO(2-2x)C(x) VO2**...
- Polymeric complexes of cornstarch and waxy cornstarch phosphates with milk casein and their performance as biodegradable materialsDorota Najgebauer
Department of Animal Product Technology, Agricultural University, Cracow, Poland
Molecules 9:550-67. 2004..Aqueous solubility, water binding capacity, IR spectra, and thermal analysis (thermogravimetry, TG, and differential thermogravimetry, DTG) of the precipitates revealed that they were not simple physical ..
- Physicochemical characterization of five glyburide powders: a BCS based approach to predict oral absorptionHai Wei
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 69:1046-56. 2008..Computer simulations could shorten the drug development process since appropriate bioawaivers, based on data from simulation studies, may be justified...
- Protecting nanoscaled non-oxidic particles from oxygen uptake by coating with nitrogen-containing surfactantsRainer Müller
Laboratory of Interface Chemistry, University of Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 31, D 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Langmuir 20:2598-606. 2004..b>Thermogravimetry, elemental analysis, and behavior against the water-vapor adsorption of the modified particles were used as ..
- Determination of calcium oxalate (mono- and dihydrate) in mixtures with magnesium ammonium phosphate or uric acid: the use of simultaneous thermal analysis in urinary calculiJacques Kaloustian
Laboratoire de Chimie Analytique, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Cedex 5, Marseille, France
Clin Chim Acta 334:117-29. 2003..This is because COM stones are evacuated two times more frequently than COD, which sometimes needs to be extracted surgically...
- Comparative biodegradation of HDPE and LDPE using an indigenously developed microbial consortiumAlok Satlewal
Department of Microbiology, C B S H, G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar 263145, India
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:477-82. 2008..Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and simultaneous thermogravimetric-differential thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis TG-DTG-DTA) were used to analyze these samples...
- Characterization of a new inhalable thymopentin formulationLei Wang
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang, Liaoning 110016, PR China
Int J Pharm 375:1-7. 2009..Analyses by scanning electron microscopy, laser diffractometry, thermogravimetry, Twin Stage Impactor and HPLC were performed to characterize the manufactured powders...
- Coordination chemistry of mercury(II) in liquid and aqueous ammonia solution and the crystal structure of tetraamminemercury(II) perchlorateKersti B Nilsson
Department of Chemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, PO Box 7015, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Inorg Chem 47:1953-64. 2008..spectroscopy and in solid solvates by combining results from X-ray single crystal and powder diffraction, thermogravimetry, differential scanning calorimetry, EXAFS, and Raman spectroscopy...
- Structure and solid-state chemistry of anhydrous and hydrated crystal forms of the trimethoprim-sulfamethoxypyridazine 1:1 molecular complexG Bettinetti
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita di Pavia, Viale Taramelli 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Pharm Sci 89:478-89. 2000..generated and experimental) and thermal analytical data from differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and thermogravimetry useful for the characterization of TMP.SMPD and TMP.SMPD.W are provided. The stability of TMP.SMPD...
- A thermogravimetric analysis of non-polymeric pharmaceutical plasticizers: kinetic analysis, method validation, and thermal stability evaluationAditya S Tatavarti
College of Pharmacy and Department of Chemistry, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
AAPS PharmSci 4:E45. 2002..propylene glycol, diethyl phthalate, triacetin, and glycerin have been subjected to rising temperature thermogravimetry for kinetic analysis and vaporization-based thermal stability evaluation...
- Benzocarbazole anions intercalated layered double hydroxide and its tunable fluorescenceDongpeng Yan
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, PR China
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:15085-92. 2010..and chemical composition of the composites were characterized by X-ray diffraction, elemental analysis, thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), infrared spectra (FT-IR), UV-vis absorption and fluorescence ..
- Preparation and characterisation of spray-dried and crystallised trypsin: FT-Raman study to detect protein denaturation after thermal stressRobert T Forbes
Drug Delivery Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford BD7 1DP, UK
Eur J Pharm Sci 30:315-23. 2007..Samples were investigated using polarising microscopy, thermogravimetry, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), FT-Raman spectroscopy and enzymatic assay...
- Decarboxylation of oxidized single-wall carbon nanotubesH S Vieira
Centro de Desenvolvimento da Tecnologia Nuclear CDTN CNEN C P 941, 30123 970, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3421-30. 2007..The purity and structural quality of the SWNT sample used in the decarboxylation process were evaluated by thermogravimetry and Raman spectroscopy...
- Novel three-dimensional pillared-layer Ln(III)-Cu(I) coordination polymers featuring spindle-shaped heterometallic building unitsQi Bing Bo
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Jinan, Jinan 250022, China
Inorg Chem 49:561-71. 2010..Complexes 1-8 are isostructural and structurally characterized by elemental analysis, FT-IR spectroscopy, thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), single-crystal X-ray diffraction, X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), ..
- Synthesis and characterization of poly(DL-lactide)-grafted gelatins as bioabsorbable amphiphilic polymersJianbiao Ma
Institute of Polymer Chemistry, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 13:67-80. 2002..The results from the thermal analysis of some copolymers, including thermogravimetry and differential scanning calorimetry, showed that the absorbed water in the samples could be lost at a ..
- Classification of macroalgae as fuel and its thermochemical behaviourA B Ross
Energy and Resources Research Institute, School of Process, Environmental and Materials Engineering, University of Leeds, Woodhouse Lane, Leeds LS29JT, UK
Bioresour Technol 99:6494-504. 2008..Thermal treatment of the macroalgae has been investigated using thermogravimetry (TGA) and pyrolysis-gc-ms. Combustion behaviour is investigated using TGA in an oxidising atmosphere...
- Solid- and solution phase transformations in novel hybrid iodoplumbate derivatives templated by solvated yttrium complexesShashank Mishra
IRCELYON, Universite Lyon 1, 2 Avenue A Einstein, 69626 Villeurbanne, France
Inorg Chem 47:9333-43. 2008..The thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis studies indicate that complexes with DMF ligands are thermally more stable than ..
- Selective dehydration of bio-ethanol to ethylene catalyzed by lanthanum-phosphorous-modified HZSM-5: influence of the fuselYaochi Hu
College of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, China
Biotechnol J 5:1186-91. 2010..were characterized by ammonia temperature-programmed desorption (NH(3)-TPD), nitrogen adsorption and thermogravimetry (TG)/differential thermogravimetry (DTG)/differential thermal analysis (DTA) (TG/DTG/DTA) techniques...
- Analysis of elemental composition of the eggshell before and after incubation in the loggerhead turtle ( Caretta caretta) in OmanS N al-Bahry
Department of Biology, College of Science, Sultan Qaboos University, Al Khod, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Microsc Microanal 17:452-60. 2011..b>Thermogravimetry analysis of the calcareous showed a low exothermic peak at 425°C, which corresponds to a transitional phase ..
- Influence of thermal processing on the properties of chlorpheniramine maleate tablets containing an acrylic polymerYucun Zhu
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
Pharm Dev Technol 7:481-9. 2002..The thermogravimetry analysis (TGA) profiles of CPM, Eudragit RS PO, and TEC demonstrated that these materials were thermally ..
- Modification of multi-walled carbon nanotubes by Diels-Alder and Sandmeyer reactionsA Gergely
Institute of Chemistry, Chemical Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:2795-807. 2007..The properties of modified carbon nanotubes were studied by dispersability tests, elemental analysis, thermogravimetry/mass spectrometry, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and NMR spectroscopy...
- Comparison between dehydration and desolvation kinetics of fluconazole monohydrate and fluconazole ethylacetate solvate using three different methodsKhouloud A Alkhamis
Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid 22110, Jordan
J Pharm Sci 95:859-70. 2006..ethyl acetate solvate respectively and also to determine the kinetics of dehydration and desolvation using thermogravimetry (TGA)...
- Production and characterization of poly-(3-hydroxybutyrate) from recombinant Escherichia coli grown on cheap renewable carbon substratesGustavo Graciano Fonseca
Departamento de Engenharia Quimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CEP 05424 970, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Waste Manag Res 26:546-52. 2008..Moreover, using differential scanning calorimetry and thermogravimetry analyses, it was observed that the polymer produced in MM was the one which presented physicochemical ..
- [Synthesis and spectral properties of polymer of Tis (5, 5'-methylene-bis (8-hydroxy-quinoline) gallium with orange-red light emitting]Hai bo Guo
College of Science of Taiyuan University of Technology, Taiyuan 030024, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:1358-61. 2009..The thermal stability of the complexes was studied by thermogravimetry (TG)...
- Purity evaluation of carbon nanotube materials by thermogravimetric, TEM, and SEM methodsJoão Paulo C Trigueiro
Departamento de Química UFMG, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Pampulha, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:3477-86. 2007..In this research conventional and high resolution thermogravimetry are applied to quantify different fractions of carbonaceous and metallic materials in raw and moderately ..
- Kinetics of scrap tyre pyrolysis under vacuum conditionsGartzen Lopez
Departamento de Ingenieria Quimica, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Apartado 644, 48080 Bilbao, Spain
Waste Manag 29:2649-55. 2009..study: (i) the treatment of experimental data of weight loss and (ii) the deconvolution of DTG (differential thermogravimetry) curve...
- Biomaterials (Mf/Zn/F-BCPs) for osteoporosis therapyYu Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Analytical methods will include: x-ray diffraction, FT-IR spectroscopy, thermogravimetry, scanning electron microscopy, micro- computed tomography...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..and state of hydration of the drug include powder X- Ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry, thermogravimetry and particle size analysis...
- Characterization Methodologies &Proteomics to Assess Carbon Nanotube ExposureFrank A Witzmann; Fiscal Year: 2012..element mapping analysis, X-ray energy dispersive spectrometry (EDS) in scanning electron microscopy (SEM), thermogravimetry analysis (TGA) and Raman Spectroscopy. Specific Aim 2...