Genomes and Genes
magnetic resonance spectroscopy
Summary: Spectroscopic method of measuring the magnetic moment of elementary particles such as atomic nuclei, protons or electrons. It is employed in clinical applications such as NMR Tomography (MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING).
Publications445 found, 100 shown here
- The Protein Data BankH M Berman
Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioinformatics RCSB, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8087, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 28:235-42. 2000..This paper describes the goals of the PDB, the systems in place for data deposition and access, how to obtain further information, and near-term plans for the future development of the resource...
- AQUA and PROCHECK-NMR: programs for checking the quality of protein structures solved by NMRR A Laskowski
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, UK
J Biomol NMR 8:477-86. 1996..They are intended to be of use both to support ongoing NMR structure determination and in the validation of the final results...
- Metabolomics--the link between genotypes and phenotypesOliver Fiehn
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 48:155-71. 2002..Current approaches are examined, and potential applications are summarized with a special emphasis on data mining and mathematical modelling of metabolism...
- The CCPN data model for NMR spectroscopy: development of a software pipelineWim F Vranken
Macromolecular Structure Database, European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Proteins 59:687-96. 2005..The software architecture developed by CCPN is now ready for new developments, such as integration with additional software applications and extensions of the Data Model into other areas of research...
- ARIA2: automated NOE assignment and data integration in NMR structure calculationWolfgang Rieping
Unite de Bioinformatique Structurale, CNRS URA 2185, Institut Pasteur, 25 28 Rue du Docteur Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Bioinformatics 23:381-2. 2007..Availability: A distribution with the source code of ARIA 2.1 is freely available at http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/Binfs/aria2...
- Java-based graphical user interface for the MRUI quantitation packageA Naressi
, , , Leipzig, Germany
MAGMA 12:141-52. 2001..This new graphical user interface (GUI) has been conceived for the processing of large data sets and uses prior knowledge data-bases to make interactive quantitation algorithms more userfriendly...
- Metabolite identification via the Madison Metabolomics Consortium DatabaseQiu Cui
Nat Biotechnol 26:162-4. 2008
- Increase in signal-to-noise ratio of > 10,000 times in liquid-state NMRJan H Ardenkjaer-Larsen
Amersham Health Research and Development AB, Medeon, SE 205 12 Malmö, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10158-63. 2003..4 T and room temperature. The method can be used generally for signal enhancement and reduction of measurement time in liquid-state NMR and opens up for a variety of in vitro and in vivo applications of DNP-enhanced NMR...
- Choline metabolism in malignant transformationKristine Glunde
The Johns Hopkins University In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging Center, The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 11:835-48. 2011..Because choline-containing compounds are detected by non-invasive magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), increased levels of these compounds provide a non-invasive biomarker of transformation, ..
- Cardiac steatosis in diabetes mellitus: a 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyJonathan M McGavock
Department of Internal Medicine, Divisions of Hypertension, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Tex, USA
Circulation 116:1170-5. 2007..Whether cardiac steatosis precedes the onset of cardiomyopathy in individuals with impaired glucose tolerance or in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus is unknown...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy studies of glutamate-related abnormalities in mood disordersCagri Yüksel
Istanbul University, Turkey
Biol Psychiatry 68:785-94. 2010..b>Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) has the potential to corroborate and extend these findings with the advantage of in vivo ..
- Systems biology: MetabonomicsJeremy K Nicholson
Nature 455:1054-6. 2008
- Java-based graphical user interface for MRUI, a software package for quantitation of in vivo/medical magnetic resonance spectroscopy signalsA Naressi
, , , Leipzig, Deutschland
Comput Biol Med 31:269-86. 2001..We also have established that MR quantitation algorithms, programmed in the past in other languages, can easily be embedded into the Java-based MRUI by using the Java native interface (JNI)...
- NMR-based metabonomic approaches for evaluating physiological influences on biofluid compositionMary E Bollard
Biological Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences Division, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, Imperial College, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
NMR Biomed 18:143-62. 2005..Thus metabonomic approaches based on information-rich spectroscopic data sets can be used to evaluate normal physiological variation and for investigation of drug safety issues...
- Clinical applications of metabolomics in oncology: a reviewJennifer L Spratlin
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:431-40. 2009..profile, detection of metabolites is carried out in cells, tissues, or biofluids by either nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy or mass spectrometry...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy to measure hepatic triglyceride content: prevalence of hepatic steatosis in the general populationLidia S Szczepaniak
DW Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8899, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E462-8. 2005..Localized proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) accurately measures hepatic triglyceride content (HTGC) but has been used only in small ..
- 1H, 13C and 15N chemical shift referencing in biomolecular NMRD S Wishart
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Biomol NMR 6:135-40. 1995....
- Crystallography & NMR system: A new software suite for macromolecular structure determinationA T Brunger
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA, and Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 54:905-21. 1998..User-friendly task-oriented input files are available for nearly all aspects of macromolecular structure determination by X-ray crystallography and solution NMR...
- Forty-three loci associated with plasma lipoprotein size, concentration, and cholesterol content in genome-wide analysisDaniel I Chasman
Donald W Reynolds Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000730. 2009....
- Structure and function of KH domainsRoberto Valverde
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
FEBS J 275:2712-26. 2008..We discuss the use of analogous point mutations at this position in other KH domains to dissect both structure and function...
- Optimized molecular dynamics force fields applied to the helix-coil transition of polypeptidesRobert B Best
Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, Lensfield Road, Cambridge CB2 1EW, U K
J Phys Chem B 113:9004-15. 2009..Our structural and thermodynamic analyses point toward the physical origins of these shortcomings in current force fields, and suggest ways to address them in future force-field development...
- An HR-MAS MR metabolomics study on breast tissues obtained with core needle biopsyMulan Li
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Jongno gu, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 6:e25563. 2011..Previous HR-MAS MR results have been obtained from post-surgery samples, which limits their direct clinical applicability...
- Galactosylated poly(ethylene glycol)-chitosan-graft-polyethylenimine as a gene carrier for hepatocyte-targetingHu Lin Jiang
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, South Korea
J Control Release 131:150-7. 2008..v.) administration. Together, these results suggest that Gal-PEG-CHI-g-PEI, which has improved transfection efficiency and hepatocyte specificity both in vitro and in vivo, may be useful for gene therapy...
- A metabolomic comparison of urinary changes in type 2 diabetes in mouse, rat, and humanR M Salek
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Physiol Genomics 29:99-108. 2007....
- Reversal of nonalcoholic hepatic steatosis, hepatic insulin resistance, and hyperglycemia by moderate weight reduction in patients with type 2 diabetesKitt Falk Petersen
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, 300 Cedar St, S263 TAC, P O Box 9812, New Haven, CT 06520 8020, USA
Diabetes 54:603-8. 2005..and insulin-stimulated rates of glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes, we used (1)H magnetic resonance spectroscopy to assess intrahepatic lipid (IHL) and intramyocellular lipid (IMCL) content in conjunction with ..
- Scaling and normalization effects in NMR spectroscopic metabonomic data setsAndrew Craig
Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Imperial College London, Sir Alexander Fleming Building, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ U K
Anal Chem 78:2262-7. 2006..e., transcriptomics or proteomics) and for integrated studies with "fused" data sets. It is concluded that data preprocessing is context dependent and there can be no single method for general use...
- A shortcut to identifying small molecule signals that regulate behavior and development in Caenorhabditis elegansChirag Pungaliya
Boyce Thompson Institute and Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7708-13. 2009..This study further supports the hypothesis that ascarosides represent a structurally diverse set of nematode signaling molecules regulating major life history traits...
- Hepatitis C virus infection affects the brain-evidence from psychometric studies and magnetic resonance spectroscopyKarin Weissenborn
Department of Neurology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Hepatol 41:845-51. 2004..The aim of the present study was to seek evidence for the presence of central nervous system involvement in HCV infected patients with only mild liver disease...
- Improved side-chain torsion potentials for the Amber ff99SB protein force fieldKresten Lindorff-Larsen
D E Shaw Research, New York, New York 10036, USA
Proteins 78:1950-8. 2010..The new force field, which we have termed Amber ff99SB-ILDN, exhibits considerably better agreement with the NMR data...
- Early stage diagnosis of oral cancer using 1H NMR-based metabolomicsStefano Tiziani
CR UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Henry Wellcome Building for Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy HWB NMR, Vincent Birmingham, United Kingdom
Neoplasia 11:269-76, 4p following 269. 2009..In the current study, blood samples of oral cancer patients were analyzed using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to derive a metabolic signature for oral cancer...
- Systems level studies of mammalian metabolomes: the roles of mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyWarwick B Dunn
Manchester Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 7DN, UK
Chem Soc Rev 40:387-426. 2011..The current limitations and future goals of metabolomics in systems biology will also be discussed (374 references)...
- Metabonomics: a platform for studying drug toxicity and gene functionJeremy K Nicholson
Biological Chemistry Section, Biomedical Sciences Division, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, South Kensington, London SW7 2AZ, UK
Nat Rev Drug Discov 1:153-61. 2002..Metabonomics is a systems approach for studying in vivo metabolic profiles, which promises to provide information on drug toxicity, disease processes and gene function at several stages in the discovery-and-development process...
- Metabolite profiling: from diagnostics to systems biologyAlisdair R Fernie
Department of Molecular Physiology, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 5:763-9. 2004..As a result, the power of metabolite profiling as a technology platform for diagnostics, and the research areas of gene-function analysis and systems biology, is now beginning to be fully realized...
- Structure of Bcl-xL-Bak peptide complex: recognition between regulators of apoptosisM Sattler
Pharmaceutical Discovery Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Science 275:983-6. 1997..Mutations in full-length Bak that disrupt either type of interaction inhibit the ability of Bak to heterodimerize with Bcl-xL...
- 2-hydroxyglutarate detection by magnetic resonance spectroscopy in IDH-mutated patients with gliomasChangho Choi
Advanced Imaging Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Nat Med 18:624-9. 2012..Here we report the noninvasive detection of 2HG by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Metabolic profiling of human colorectal cancer using high-resolution magic angle spinning nuclear magnetic resonance (HR-MAS NMR) spectroscopy and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS)Eric Chun Yong Chan
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Singapore
J Proteome Res 8:352-61. 2009..60, ROC AUC = 1.00, using 7-fold cross validation). These data suggest that metabolic profiling of CRC mucosae could provide new phenotypic biomarkers for CRC management...
- Role of pyruvate dehydrogenase inhibition in the development of hypertrophy in the hyperthyroid rat heart: a combined magnetic resonance imaging and hyperpolarized magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyHelen J Atherton
Department of Biochemistry, Sanger Bldg, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Rd, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Circulation 123:2552-61. 2011..The aim of this study was to use hyperpolarized magnetic resonance spectroscopy to investigate the rate and regulation of in vivo pyruvate dehydrogenase flux in the hyperthyroid ..
- Metabolomic profile of human myocardial ischemia by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of peripheral blood serum: a translational study based on transient coronary occlusion modelsVicente Bodi
Cardiology Department, Hospital Clínico Universitario INCLIVA, Universidad de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:1629-41. 2012..study was to investigate the metabolomic profile of acute myocardial ischemia (MIS) using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of peripheral blood serum of swine and patients undergoing angioplasty balloon-induced transient ..
- Hippocampal metabolites and memory performances in patients with amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's diseaseToshiyuki Watanabe
Department of Neurology, Uji Takeda Hospital, Uji, Kyoto 611 0021, Japan
Neurobiol Learn Mem 97:289-93. 2012..NAA) concentration and the increase of myo-inositol (MI) concentration using proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS)...
- Bioactive cembrane-based diterpenoids from the soft coral Sinularia triangularJui Hsin Su
National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium, Pingtung 944, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 9:944-51. 2011..7 macrophage cells by inhibiting the expression of the iNOS protein. Metabolites 4 and 5 also effectively reduced the expression of the COX-2 protein in the macrophages...
- Model free approach to kinetic analysis of real-time hyperpolarized 13C magnetic resonance spectroscopy dataDeborah K Hill
Cancer Research UK CR UK and Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council EPSRC Cancer Imaging Centre, Division of Radiotherapy and Imaging, The Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e71996. 2013....
- Age-related changes in brain metabolites and cognitive function in APP/PS1 transgenic miceShuang Qing Chen
Department of Radiology, Suzhou Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Suzhou 215001, China
Behav Brain Res 235:1-6. 2012Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS) and the Morris water maze (MWM) have played an important role in Alzheimer's disease (AD) research...
- Bioactive cembranoids from the soft coral Sinularia crassaChih Hua Chao
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung 804, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 9:1955-68. 2011....
- Choline phospholipid metabolism: a target in cancer cells?Ellen Ackerstaff
Department of Radiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cell Biochem 90:525-33. 2003..In this article, we have summarized some of the observations on the choline phospholipid metabolism of cancer cells and tumors, and make a case for targeting the aberrant choline phospholipid metabolism of cancer cells...
- Age-related change in brain metabolite abnormalities in autism: a meta-analysis of proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy studiesY Aoki
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Transl Psychiatry 2:e69. 2012..brain growth in ASD, we conducted a comprehensive literature search and a meta-analysis of (1)H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS) studies in ASD. From the 22 articles identified as satisfying the criteria, means and s.d...
- Detecting tumor response to treatment using hyperpolarized 13C magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopySam E Day
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Nat Med 13:1382-7. 2007..label between the carboxyl groups of pyruvate and lactate in the tumor can be measured using (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy and spectroscopic imaging, and that this flux is inhibited within 24 h of chemotherapy...
- Parahydrogen-induced polarization in imaging: subsecond (13)C angiographyK Golman
Nycomed Innovation AB, Medeon, SE 205 12 Malmö, Sweden
Magn Reson Med 46:1-5. 2001..By subjecting this molecule to a sudden change of the external magnetic field, the spin order is transferred into net polarization. A (13)C angiogram of an animal was generated in less than a second. Magn Reson Med 46:1-5, 2001...
- Conformational properties of alpha-synuclein in its free and lipid-associated statesD Eliezer
Department of Biochemistry and Program in Structural Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, 10021, USA
J Mol Biol 307:1061-73. 2001..These results suggest that one function of alphaS may be to tether as of yet unidentified partners to lipid surfaces via interactions with its C-terminal tail...
- Fast dynamic 3D MR spectroscopic imaging with compressed sensing and multiband excitation pulses for hyperpolarized 13C studiesPeder E Z Larson
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Magn Reson Med 65:610-9. 2011..This approach has enabled the monitoring of perfusion and uptake of the pyruvate, and the conversion dynamics to lactate and alanine throughout a volume with high spatial and temporal resolution...
- Myocardial steatosis is an independent predictor of diastolic dysfunction in type 2 diabetes mellitusLuuk J Rijzewijk
Department of Endocrinology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1793-9. 2008....
- Hyperpolarized 13C dehydroascorbate as an endogenous redox sensor for in vivo metabolic imagingKayvan R Keshari
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California San Francisco, 1700 4th Street, Byers Hall 203, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:18606-11. 2011..More broadly, these findings suggest a prognostic role for this new redox sensor in determining vulnerability of both normal and abnormal tissues to ROS...
- In vivo 1H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy study of the attentional networks in autismSilvia Bernardi
Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Brain Res 1380:198-205. 2011..In this study, we investigated cellular neurochemistry with proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging ((1)H-MRS) in brain regions associated with networks subserving alerting, orienting, and ..
- In vivo measurement of brain GABA concentrations by magnetic resonance spectroscopy in smelters occupationally exposed to manganeseUlrike Dydak
School of Health Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:219-24. 2011..Exposure to excessive levels of manganese (Mn) is known to induce psychiatric and motor disorders, including parkinsonian symptoms. Therefore, finding a reliable means for early detection of Mn neurotoxicity is desirable...
- Hepatic triglyceride content and its relation to body adiposity: a magnetic resonance imaging and proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyE L Thomas
Robert Steiner MR Unit, Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS, UK
Gut 54:122-7. 2005Hepatic steatosis is associated with obesity and type II diabetes. Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H MRS) is a non-invasive method for measurement of tissue fat content, including intrahepatocellular lipids (IHCL) and ..
- Measurement of brain temperature with magnetic resonance spectroscopy in acute ischemic strokeBartosz Karaszewski
Department of Neurology of Adults, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
Ann Neurol 60:438-46. 2006..We used magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (water-to-N-acetylaspartate frequency shift) to measure cerebral temperature noninvasively in stroke patients...
- Chemical synthesis and folding of APETx2, a potent and selective inhibitor of acid sensing ion channel 3Jonas E Jensen
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Toxicon 54:56-61. 2009..The native chemical ligation approach should provide an efficient route for synthesis of other pharmacologically useful disulfide-rich toxins from venomous animals...
- Predicting pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer by using MR imaging and quantitative 1H MR spectroscopyHyeon Man Baek
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine Hall 164, Irvine, CA 92697 5020, USA
Radiology 251:653-62. 2009....
- Tumour phospholipid metabolismF Podo
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome
NMR Biomed 12:413-39. 1999....
- Brain metabolic alterations in medication-free patients with bipolar disorderStephen R Dager
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle 98105, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:450-8. 2004..Bipolar disorder (BD) has substantial morbidity and incompletely understood neurobiological underpinnings...
- NMR-based metabolomic analysis of plantsHye Kyong Kim
Division of Pharmacognosy, Section Metabolomics, Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Einsteinweg, Leiden, The Netherlands
Nat Protoc 5:536-49. 2010..g., sugars and amino acids). This procedure is rapid; it takes not more than 30 min for sample preparation (multiple parallel) and a further 10 min for NMR spectrum acquisition...
- 1H-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy-based metabolic assessment in a rat model of obesity induced by a high-fat dietSo Hyun Kim
College of Pharmacy, Chung Ang University, Seoul, 156 756, Republic of Korea
Anal Bioanal Chem 395:1117-24. 2009..This study has identified features of urine metabolites in various groups and demonstrated the reliability of an NMR-based metabolomics approach to investigate the effects of the diet and the physical constitution on obesity...
- Isotopomer profiling of Leishmania mexicana promastigotes reveals important roles for succinate fermentation and aspartate uptake in tricarboxylic acid cycle (TCA) anaplerosis, glutamate synthesis, and growthEleanor C Saunders
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
J Biol Chem 286:27706-17. 2011....
- A genome-wide association study of metabolic traits in human urineKarsten Suhre
Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Genet 43:565-9. 2011..Moreover, we identify rs37369 in AGXT2 as the genetic basis of hyper-β-aminoisobutyric aciduria...
- Antiparallel β-sheet architecture in Iowa-mutant β-amyloid fibrilsWei Qiang
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:4443-8. 2012..Thus, our antiparallel D23N-Aβ(1-40) fibril model represents a specific "toxic intermediate" in the aggregation process of a disease-associated Aβ mutant...
- Symbiotic gut microbes modulate human metabolic phenotypesMin Li
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Systems Biomedicine, Shanghai Center for Systems Biomedicine at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2117-22. 2008....
- Investigations of the effects of gender, diurnal variation, and age in human urinary metabolomic profilesCarolyn M Slupsky
Department of Medicine and Magnetic Resonance Diagnostic Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Anal Chem 79:6995-7004. 2007..The mechanisms by which these differences arise will be key to the discovery of new diagnostic tests and new understandings of the mechanism of disease...
- Myocardial phosphocreatine-to-ATP ratio is a predictor of mortality in patients with dilated cardiomyopathyS Neubauer
Department of Medicine, Wurzburg University, Germany
Circulation 96:2190-6. 1997....
- Structure of the amino-terminal core domain of the HIV-1 capsid proteinR K Gitti
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD 21228, USA
Science 273:231-5. 1996..virus-type 1 (HIV-1) capsid protein has been solved by multidimensional heteronuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. The structure is unlike those of previously characterized viral coat proteins and is composed of ..
- Mapping protein-protein interactions in solution by NMR spectroscopyErik R P Zuiderweg
Biophysics Research Division, Department of Biological Chemistry, The University of Michigan, 930 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Biochemistry 41:1-7. 2002..A substantial fraction of complexes studied show distinct effects of induced fit affecting structural and dynamical properties beyond the contact interface...
- A systematic approach to protein glycosylation analysis: a path through the mazeKarina Mariño
Dublin Oxford Glycobiology Laboratory, National Institute for Bioprocessing, Research and Training, University College Dublin Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Ireland
Nat Chem Biol 6:713-23. 2010..To this end, we introduce some of the major technologies routinely used for structural N- and O-glycan analysis, describing the complementary information that each provides...
- Evidence of axonal damage in the early stages of multiple sclerosis and its relevance to disabilityN De Stefano
Institute of Neurological Science, Viale Bracci 2, 53100, Siena, Italy
Arch Neurol 58:65-70. 2001..To assess axonal damage and its contribution to disability at different stages of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Muscle mitochondrial ATP synthesis and glucose transport/phosphorylation in type 2 diabetesJulia Szendroedi
Department of Internal Medicine 3, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS Med 4:e154. 2007..We hypothesized that alterations in insulin action and mitochondrial function should be present even in nonobese patients with well-controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Effects of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes on lipoprotein subclass particle size and concentration determined by nuclear magnetic resonanceW Timothy Garvey
Division of Endocrinology and Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Diabetes 52:453-62. 2003..It will be important to study whether NMR lipoprotein subclass parameters can be used to manage risk more effectively and prevent cardiovascular disease in patients with the IRS...
- Method for determining molar concentrations of metabolites in complex solutions from two-dimensional 1H-13C NMR spectraIan A Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin Madison, 433 Babcock Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Anal Chem 79:9385-90. 2007..2% technical error under nearly ideal conditions. We propose FMQ by NMR as a practical alternative to 1D (1)H NMR for metabolomics studies in which 50-mg (extract dry weight) samples can be obtained...
- Impaired in vivo mitochondrial function but similar intramyocellular lipid content in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and BMI-matched control subjectsV B Schrauwen-Hinderling
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 5800, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 50:113-20. 2007..As obesity is an independent determinant of IMCL content, we examined mitochondrial function and IMCL content in overweight type 2 diabetes patients and BMI-matched normoglycaemic controls...
- Comparing and combining NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry in metabolomicsZhengzheng Pan
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, 560 Oval Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:525-7. 2007
- Absolute quantification of phosphorus metabolite concentrations in human muscle in vivo by 31P MRS: a quantitative reviewGraham J Kemp
Division of Metabolic and Cellular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
NMR Biomed 20:555-65. 2007..e. from measured PCr/ATP and Pi/ATP ratios, assuming a literature value for [ATP])...
- A peripheral monocyte interferon phenotype in HIV infection correlates with a decrease in magnetic resonance spectroscopy metabolite concentrationsLynn Pulliam
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Francisco, 94121, USA
AIDS 25:1721-6. 2011..In spite of effective antiretroviral therapy (ART), cognition is impaired in upwards of 35% of the HIV-infected population. We investigated a possible link between peripheral immune activation and brain metabolite concentrations...
- Noninvasive detection of target modulation following phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibition using hyperpolarized 13C magnetic resonance spectroscopyChristopher S Ward
Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Cancer Res 70:1296-305. 2010..Here, we show for the first time the efficacy of hyperpolarized (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in detecting the effect of PI3K inhibition by monitoring hyperpolarized [1-(13)C]lactate levels ..
- Detection of tumor glutamate metabolism in vivo using (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy and hyperpolarized [1-(13)C]glutamateFerdia A Gallagher
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute and Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 66:18-23. 2011Dynamic nuclear polarization can be used to increase the sensitivity of solution state (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy by four orders of magnitude...
- Glioma grading: sensitivity, specificity, and predictive values of perfusion MR imaging and proton MR spectroscopic imaging compared with conventional MR imagingMeng Law
Department of Radiology, New York University Medical Center, NY, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:1989-98. 2003..We evaluated the sensitivity, specificity, PPV, and NPV of perfusion MR imaging and MR spectroscopy compared with conventional MR imaging in grading primary gliomas...
- Role of myo-inositol by magnetic resonance spectroscopy in early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease in APP/PS1 transgenic miceShuang Qing Chen
Department of Radiology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 28:558-66. 2009..To explore the potential value of myo-inositol (mIns), which is regarded as a biomarker for early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, in APP/PS1 transgenic (tg) mice detected by (1)H-MRS...
- Elevated prefrontal cortex γ-aminobutyric acid and glutamate-glutamine levels in schizophrenia measured in vivo with proton magnetic resonance spectroscopyLawrence S Kegeles
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:449-59. 2012..b>Magnetic resonance spectroscopy studies in unmedicated patients have reported glutamine or glutamate-glutamine (Glx) elevations in ..
- Serial magnetic resonance spectroscopy reveals a direct metabolic effect of cediranib in glioblastomaHeisoog Kim
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering Health Science and Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:3745-52. 2011Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy is increasingly used in clinical studies of brain tumor to provide information about tissue metabolic profiles...
- icoshift: A versatile tool for the rapid alignment of 1D NMR spectraF Savorani
Quality and Technology, Department of Food Science, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Magn Reson 202:190-202. 2010..The algorithm is made open source and the Matlab code including documentation can be downloaded from www.models.life.ku.dk...
- Measuring intracellular pH in the heart using hyperpolarized carbon dioxide and bicarbonate: a 13C and 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyMarie A Schroeder
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Sherrington Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
Cardiovasc Res 86:82-91. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential of hyperpolarized [1-(13)C]pyruvate, coupled with (13)C magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), to measure pH(i) in the healthy and diseased heart.
- In-vivo proton MR-spectroscopy of the human brain: assessment of N-acetylaspartate (NAA) reduction as a marker for neurodegenerationW Block
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Amino Acids 23:317-23. 2002Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS) is a non-invasive method to investigate changes in brain metabolite composition in different cerebral diseases...
- Impaired mitochondrial activity in the insulin-resistant offspring of patients with type 2 diabetesKitt Falk Petersen
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
N Engl J Med 350:664-71. 2004..Insulin resistance appears to be the best predictor of the development of diabetes in the children of patients with type 2 diabetes, but the mechanism responsible is unknown...
- Metabonomics: NMR spectroscopy and pattern recognition analysis of body fluids and tissues for characterisation of xenobiotic toxicity and disease diagnosisJulian L Griffin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QW, UK
Curr Opin Chem Biol 7:648-54. 2003..This has allowed the approach to identify genetically modified yeast strains and distinguish both disease presence and severity in coronary heart disease...
- Subtype-specific alterations of gamma-aminobutyric acid and glutamate in patients with major depressionGerard Sanacora
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 61:705-13. 2004..of cortical gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) and glutamate concentrations is possible using proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy. An initial report, using this technique, suggested that occipital cortex GABA concentrations are ..
- Polarity-sensitive modulation of cortical neurotransmitters by transcranial stimulationCharlotte J Stagg
Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Brain, Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:5202-6. 2009..neuronal mechanisms by measuring polarity-specific changes in neurotransmitter concentrations using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy accurately estimate the severity of steatosis provided the stage of fibrosis is consideredStuart McPherson
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, QLD 4102, Australia
J Hepatol 51:389-97. 2009..Previous small studies found that steatosis measured by magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) and imaging (MRI) correlated with histological assessment of liver triglyceride content...
- A systematic literature review of magnetic resonance spectroscopy for the characterization of brain tumorsW Hollingworth
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1404-11. 2006..Proton MR spectroscopy ((1)H-MR spectroscopy) is a potentially useful adjunct to anatomic MR imaging in the characterization of brain tumors. We performed an updated systematic review of the evidence...
- Tumor metabolism and perfusion in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: pretreatment multimodality imaging with 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy, dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI, and [18F]FDG-PETJacobus F A Jansen
Department of Medical Physics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:299-307. 2012To correlate proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS), dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI), and (18)F-labeled fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography ([(18)F]FDG PET) of nodal metastases in ..
- In vivo quantification of choline compounds in the breast with 1H MR spectroscopyPatrick J Bolan
Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Magn Reson Med 50:1134-43. 2003....
- 1H-MRS quantification of tNA and tCr in patients with multiple sclerosis: a meta-analytic reviewZografos Caramanos
Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brain 128:2483-506. 2005..performed on the results of 75 comparisons from the 30 peer-reviewed publications that used proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) or spectroscopic imaging to (i) quantify the mean concentrations of total creatine (tCr, ..
- The solution structure of HIV-1 Nef reveals an unexpected fold and permits delineation of the binding surface for the SH3 domain of Hck tyrosine protein kinaseS Grzesiek
Laboratory of Chemical Physics, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Struct Biol 3:340-5. 1996..This unique feature may suggest possible avenues for drug design aimed at inhibiting the interaction between Nef and SH3 domains...
- 3D MRSI for resected high-grade gliomas before RT: tumor extent according to metabolic activity in relation to MRIAndrea Pirzkall
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94143 0226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:126-37. 2004..disease after surgery but before radiotherapy (RT) in patients with high-grade glioma by MRI and magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (MRSI) and to estimate the impact of MRSI on the definition of postoperative target volumes ..
- Macromolecular NMR spectroscopy for the non-spectroscopistAnn H Kwan
School of Molecular Bioscience, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
FEBS J 278:687-703. 2011..We then review the use of NMR spectroscopy for determining the 3D structures of macromolecules and examine how to judge the quality of NMR-derived structures...
- High-resolution magic angle spinning MRS of breast cancer tissueBeathe Sitter
SINTEF Unimed, MR Center, N 7465 Trondheim, Norway
NMR Biomed 15:327-37. 2002..HR MAS analysis of intact breast tissue specimens is a rapid method, providing spectra with resolution where relative quantification of the majority of the detected metabolites is possible...
- Capilloquinol: a novel farnesyl quinol from the Dongsha atoll soft coral Sinularia capillosaShi Yie Cheng
Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Mar Drugs 9:1469-76. 2011..The structure of capilloquinol was elucidated by extensive analysis of spectroscopic data. The cytotoxicity and antiviral activity against human cytomegalovirus of 1 was evaluated in vitro...
- SODIUM IMAGING IN ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASEPAUL BOTTOMLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..and human radionuclide imaging studies of potassium and potassium analogs, and from biochemical and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) studies of animal models, indicates that sodium- potassium pump function is compromised during ..
- Mechanism(s) of Alcoholic PancreatitisBhupendra S Kaphalia; Fiscal Year: 2011..fatty changes and endogenous levels of FAEEs in the pancreas by proton and/or 31phosphorus nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. In Aim 2, we will examine the progression of pancreatic injury, ER stress and proinflammatory ..
- Effect of Adrenal and Gonadal Hormones on Bone Marrow and Appendicular BMDCatherine M Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2013..tomography (pQCT), visual assessments of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data, MR relaxometry and magnetic resonance spectroscopy to measure bone mineral density and evaluate bone marrow composition, respectively...
- Metabolic impact of fructose restriction in obese childrenJean Marc Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2013..lipoprotein kinetics (by stable isotope measurement), lipid partitioning within tissues (by magnetic resonance spectroscopy), and nitric oxide metabolites (by HLPC and ELISA) in children with metabolic syndrome, stratified by ..
- Metabolic Dysfunction and Neuroprotection after Pediatric Head InjurySusanna Scafidi; Fiscal Year: 2013..measurements, ex vivo NMR spectroscopy, state of the art in vivo Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) and other methods in collaboration with the mentors will provide the PI with a broad experience ..
- RYGB Improves Metabolism by Interrupting the Gastric Adipose Tissue AxisNaji N Abumrad; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will correlate metabolic improvements to intra-hepatic triglyceride content using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), and visceral adipose tissue mass using MRI and dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA)...
- Neuroendocrine Contribution to Behavior &Cognition in the Female LifespanC NEILL NEILL EPPERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..I have relied heavily on the use of proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) to explore the relationship between sex hormones, neurosteroids and gamma-aminobutyric acid (..
- NAFLD in T2DM: Prevalence in Hispanics and Role of TreatmentKenneth Cusi; Fiscal Year: 2013..e, magnetic resonance spectroscopy or MRS) (Aim #1), and to assess the long-term safety and efficacy of pioglitazone (Aim #2)...
- The Intestinal Microbiome in Pediatric NAFLDNita H Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Jeffrey Schwimmer. Obese controls will be evaluated for liver steatosis by magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis carbon metabolism in vivoJohn D McKinney; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use 13C nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (13C-NMR) to profile metabolite pools in wild-type versus ICL-deficient bacteria fed 13C-labeled ..
- Visceral Adiposity, HIV, and HCV: Biologic Mediators of Hepatic SteatosisPhyllis C Tien; Fiscal Year: 2013..State-of-the-art non-invasive magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) will measure steatosis...
- Novel neurotrophic therapy in a mouse model of ALSAlpaslan Dedeoglu; Fiscal Year: 2013..neuronal health (N- acetylaspartate) and glial markers (myo-inosotol, taurine) will be detected using magnetic resonance spectroscopy in ALS mice...
- Skeletal muscle function and mitochondrial metabolism in non-diabetic CKDBaback Roshanravan; Fiscal Year: 2012..collaboration with the University of Washington Translational Center for Metabolic Imaging using magnetic resonance spectroscopy and optical spectroscopy as a window into skeletal muscle mitochondrial energetics...
- In vivo Studies of Creatine Kinase Kinetics by 31P Magnetization Transfer MRSAdil Bashir; Fiscal Year: 2013..Magnetization transfer phosphorous-31 magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) is an ideal tool to measure the kinetics of high energy phosphate metabolism in living tissue, ..
- PSMA-based Cancer Imaging AgentsMartin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2013..The current standard of PCa staging is shifting. Metabolic imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) are ..
- Is HIV-associated lipodystrophy a risk factor for cirrhosis of the liver?George Ioannou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, the percentage of liver fat, estimated by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, was found to be 10 times higher in HIV-infected patients on HAART with lipodystrophy than in HIV-..
- TWIN STUDY OF BIOLOGIC MARKERS FOR PTSDLisa M Shin; Fiscal Year: 2012..n- acetyl aspartate levels in dACC, rACC, ventromedial prefrontal cortex, and hippocampus by magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Twin subjects will be invited travel to the Massachusetts General Hospital for two days of ..
- EFFECT OF HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP FEEDING IN NONALCOHOLIC FATTY LIVER DISEASEShelby A Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Scientific tools including magnetic resonance spectroscopy, stable isotope tracer infusions, hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp procedure, and molecular analysis ..
- Comparative effectiveness of Brain Imaging and Blood Biomarkers in Alzheimer??s dOrly Lazarov; Fiscal Year: 2010..study successfully detected neural stem cells in the healthy human brain and quantified them using Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Imaging Biomarkers for Evaluating Mitochondrial Function in DiabetesGeoffrey David Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy can be used to demonstrate impaired metabolism in subjects with insulin resistance...
- 1H MRI based nanosensors for imaging tumor oxygenationVikram D Kodibagkar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Having obtained calibration curves, tumor uptake and clearance of nanoprobes will be studied by 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy for different particle sizes to identify particles with optimal uptake and time course in two human ..
- A Diarylheptanoid Scaffold to Treat TaopathiesChad A Dickey; Fiscal Year: 2013..Organic extraction, bioactivity-driven fractionation and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy identified the cyclic diarylheptanoid myricanol as one of the main active components from Bayberry ..
- Characterization of CHD family chromodomains Implicated in Epigenetic SignalingKimberly R Wiggins; Fiscal Year: 2010..two we will map the surfaces of interaction through structure determination with the use of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and x-ray crystallography...
- Gestational Stress and Impaired Iron Homeostasis in the Young InfantChristopher L Coe; Fiscal Year: 2013..indexed by the protein and metabolite profile of cerebrospinal fluid using Western blot and nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy techniques...
- Oxidative stress and schizophrenia: combination of cell biology and brain imagingAkira Sawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional findings revealed redox imbalances in SZ cells. We conducted magnetic resonance spectroscopy of the individuals who provided tissue/cell samples and obtained preliminary data that suggest a ..
- MR SPECTROSCOPY TO REVEAL CNS MECHANISMS OF CYTOKINE-INDUCED BEHAVIORAL CHANGEEbrahim Haroon; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the proposed research and career development plan is to utilize neuroimaging technologies such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to measure the consequences of peripheral inflammation on brain metabolism during depression...
- Bone Marrow Adiposity, Bone and Body CompositionAnn V Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2012..With non-invasive measurements of marrow fat now possible using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), small studies have reported correlations between marrow fat and areal bone density by dual ..
- Alcohol Abuse and HIV-1: Mechanisms of Combined CNS Injury and InterventionsYuri Persidsky; Fiscal Year: 2012..a combination of in vitro systems, an HIVE animal model chronically exposed to alcohol, and in vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy, we will investigate the astrocyte dysfunction as a focal point of combined effects of HIV-1 and ..
- Neuroimaging mechanisms of overlap between alcoholism and bipolar disorderJAMES JOSEPH PRISCIANDARO; Fiscal Year: 2013..of alcohol use and bipolar disorders, 2) learn how to design, conduct, and analyze fMRI and proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (1H-MRS) experiments to investigate the neurobiology of alcohol use and bipolar disorders, 3) augment ..
- The Role of Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver DiseaseJeffrey D Browning; Fiscal Year: 2013..and progression of NAFLD using non-invasive techniques based on stable isotope tracers and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, techniques that have the potential to immediately impact clinical care by providing a method to ..
- Effect of Manganese Exposure on GABA and Glutamate in Human Brains by MRSUlrike Dydak; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using novel, non-invasive techniques such as magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy to measure the changes in brain metabolism caused by manganese exposure, and studying the dose-..
- Effect of Bariatric Surgery on Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes: The B2D TrialPhilip R Schauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..incretin hormone responses (GLP-1/GIP), lipid accumulation in the liver and skeletal muscle using magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and insulin signaling pathways that regulate glucose uptake in skeletal muscle...
- Neuroendocrine and Neuroimaging Endophenotypes in Postpartum DepressionKRISTINA MARIE DELIGIANNIDIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2: To measure cortical GABA/Creatine with magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) and corticolimbic rs-fc in HR depressed and LR non- depressed ..
- Neuroimaging for Early Diagnosis of Manganese Toxicity in Humans and RodentsUlrike Dydak; Fiscal Year: 2013..Novel approaches in magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) will be used to detect in vivo concentration changes of brain GABA as well as N- ..
- The Antidepressant Action of Ketamine:Brain ChemistryMATE ISTVAN MILAK; Fiscal Year: 2013..gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) levels in the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) as measured by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H MRS)...
- Ph 2 Study of Dextromethorphan in the Treatment of Rett SyndromeSAKKUBAI R NAIDU; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brain magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) also shows high levels of glutamate...
- Effects of amino acids on regional lipid metabolismElisabet Borsheim; Fiscal Year: 2013..tracer techniques to quantify kinetic responses of regional lipid metabolism in vivo and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to quantify liver TG...
- Intestinal bacterial metagenome in pediatric NAFLDNita H Salzman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Obese controls will be evaluated for liver steatosis by magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Citicoline Treatment of Methamphetamine DependencePERRY FRANKLIN RENSHAW; Fiscal Year: 2010..take advantage of both neuropsychological measures and multimodal neuroimaging techniques such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy, diffusion tensor imaging and brain cortical thickness measure to investigate the efficacy of ..
- Alpha Methyl AcylCoa Racemase (AMACR)Martin G Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current standard of PCa staging is shifting. Metabolic imaging techniques such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) are ..
- Immunophilins regulate SOC entry channels in pulmonary endothelial cellsDonna L Cioffi; Fiscal Year: 2013..microscopy and patch-clamp electrophysiology to measure calcium channel function;nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to measure proline- containing peptide bond isomerization;video microscopy, permeability measurements ..
- Skeletal muscle dysfunction in persons with chronic kidney diseaseBaback Roshanravan; Fiscal Year: 2013..CKD;(2) Intervention trial design and longitudinal data collection;(3) Analysis and interpretation of magnetic resonance spectroscopy and optical spectroscopy (MRS/OS) measuring mitochondrial dysfunction in CKD;(4) Advanced training in ..
- Imaging evidence: Is there competition between marrow fat and bone?Wei Shen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Human imaging studies [i.e., magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT)] have also shown that there is ..
- Features of chronic tinnitus in an animal model as indicated by MEMRI and MRSBORIS M ODINTSOV; Fiscal Year: 2012..technique, manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI), with volume-localized proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS)...
- The Effects of APOE on Neuronal NetworksSONYA DUMANIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, 1H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, a noninvasive imaging technique that permits the quantification of metabolic biomarkers in vivo, ..
- IN VIVO VISUALIZATION AND QUANTIFICATION OF EPIGENETIC ACTIVITIES USING MAGNETICWon Bin Young; Fiscal Year: 2011..Another novel approach proposed in this application is using fluorine-19 magnetic resonance spectroscopy/imaging (19F MRS/ MRI) as an in vivo "confocal microscope" to measure DNMT1 gene activity based on ..
- Cortical GABA in MDD and Primary Insomnia with Magnetic Resonance SpectroscopyJohn W Winkelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..ACC) and occipital cortex (OC) in major depressive disorder (MDD) and primary insomnia with proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (1H- MRS)...
- Structural Studies and Char. of Neurotoxic Venom Peptides from Sicariidae SpidersNIKOLAUS MARTIN LOENING; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, some venom peptides are species-specific and therefore have the potential to be used as environmentally-friendly insecticidal toxins. ..
- Brain imaging and developmental follow-up of infants treated with erythropoietinRobin K Ohls; Fiscal Year: 2013..assessments and includes measures of volume (high resolution volumetric analysis), neurochemistry (magnetic resonance spectroscopy) and regional cerebral blood flow (arterial spin labeling)...
- Nutritional Supplement to Reduce Triglycerides and CholesterolSharon L Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Magnetic resonance spectroscopy will be used to measure liver fat...
- Clinical Translation of a Neuron Protective Recombinant Human AntibodyMoses Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2012..are preserved, and N-acetyl aspartate (NAA) concentrations in the brain stem increase, as measured by magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)...
- Rare Diseases Clinical Research Consortia (RDCRC) for the RDCR NetworkMark L Batshaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Assess neural mechanisms of injury in OTCD using structural MRI, functional MRI, and magnetic resonance spectroscopy. In the proposed initial pilot project we will study substrate availability for nitric oxide ..
- PEPTIDE-CELL INTERACTIONS IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAEFred R Naider; Fiscal Year: 2011..native chemical ligation, bioluminescent resonance energy transfer, and multidimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Success in these studies should provide an understanding of GPCR structure and molecular mechanisms ..
- PAR-1 Signaling and HANDKATHLEEN ANNE MAGUIRE-ZEISS; Fiscal Year: 2013..techniques that include recordings of neuronal activity via multielectrode arrays, and small animal magnetic resonance spectroscopy. The overall goal of our proposal is to identify targets for adjunct therapeutics...
- Structural/Functional Modularity in Nitric Oxide SynthaseLinda J Roman; Fiscal Year: 2012..microscopy;Specific Aim 2: To address intrinsic regulation of the nNOS and eNOS by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, laser flash photolysis and protein film voltammetry to determine the mechanistic properties of these ..
- Metabolic Regulators of Tumor Cell GrowthRalph J DeBerardinis; Fiscal Year: 2013..All three Specific Aims feature extensive metabolic analysis of live tumors using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and mass spectrometry, and will produce a unique view of GBM metabolism with an unprecedented level ..
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Chronic Kidney DiseaseJORGE LUIS GAMBOA; Fiscal Year: 2013..mitochondrial dysfunction;we will measure mitochondrial function using the gold standard method, 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy. In Specific Aim 1 we will test the hypothesis that mitochondrial function worsen with the ..
- Glutamatergic Mediators of Antidepressant Response in Major DepressionBrian P Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2013..current proposal is designed to enable the candidate to gain experience and training in the use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) as an in vivo neuroimaging tool to be used adjunctively with clinical trials to measure ..
- The Treatment of Depression with Yoga and WalkingCHRIS CONWAY STREETER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Both yoga treatments and VNS have been shown to improve symptoms in depression and epilepsy. Using magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), brain gamma-aminobutryic acid (GABA) levels have been shown to be low in subjects with MDD and ..
- Measurement of Cardiometabolic Risk in Antipsychotic-Treated ChildrenGINGER ELLEN NICOL; Fiscal Year: 2013..thickness (IMT) measured by ultrasound, and hepatic and cardiac triglyceride content measured by 1H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS). These measures allow for the early, noninvasive study of metabolic risk...
- Glucose Modifications of Proteins in Diabetic NephropathyBILLY GERALD HUDSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..to DN and those responsive to PM therapy using conventional and imaging mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, research technologies that can provide precise information about molecular structure of renal ..
- Structure and Cell-Wall Targeting of the Staphylolytic Enzyme LysostaphinKEITH GRISCOM INMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..aureus by determining its atomic-resolution structure by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR) and using that structure to explore regions of the enzyme that make direct contact with the ..
- Cardiovascular Disease in Children with Chronic Kidney DiseaseMark M Mitsnefes; Fiscal Year: 2013..ventricular myocardial circumferential strain (Ecc), and 2) muscle energy metabolism by 31Phosphorus Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (31P MRS), and 3) left atrial size and markers of diastolic function...
- Non-Invasive Quantitation of Cellular and Biochemical Changes in Hereditary AtaxiGULIN OZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term goal of this work is to establish non-invasive, quantitative magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) measures sensitive to the cellular and biochemical processes associated with the progressive ..
- Brain H2D MRS: Implemation and Initial ApplicationsZhiyue Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) The long-term objective is to apply 2D 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) techniques in studies of pediatric neurological disorders. 1H MRS is valuable for evaluating neurological brain diseases...
- Prostate MRI and MRS: Correlations with Gene ExpressionSandra Gaston; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS), combined with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is a rapidly developing noninvasive technology that is under evaluation as a tool for determining ..
- Metabolic MRI of Diabetic Lower Extremity DiseaseRobert L Greenman; Fiscal Year: 2010..While magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) has been validated as a tool that can assess ischemia in muscle tissue by measuring the ..
- MR Studies of Myocardial Creatine Kinase MetabolismPAUL BOTTOMLEY; Fiscal Year: 2007Oxidative energy metabolism is essential for normal cardiac contractile function. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) with phosphorus (31P) is uniquely able to noninvasively assess key metabolites, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and ..
- Structural Biology of the Catalytic Domain of Bacteriophage T4 PrimaseDavid Rovnyak; Fiscal Year: 2009This proposal is to perform structure/function studies, by solution phase nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, of the 29 kDa C-terminal domain of bacteriophage T4 primase...
- Investigation and treatment of central nervous system dysfunction in chronic pelvFelipe Fregni; Fiscal Year: 2010..visceral pain due to pancreatitis and that changes in pain-related neural networks (as indexed by magnetic resonance spectroscopy) are found in these patients...
- NEURONAL DYSFUNCTION IN PREMENSTRUAL DYSPHORIC DISORDERC Epperson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, I have developed basic skills in proton-magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS), a novel, non-invasive method to quantify in vivo amino acid neurotransmitters...
- IN VIVO DETECTION OF FREE RADICALS USING NMRThomas Clanton; Fiscal Year: 2000..a phosphorus atom, bound closely to its reactive site, which has enabled us to use phosphorus-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (31P-NMR) for detection...
- CLINICAL METABOLIC CORRELATION IN DEMENTIA BY PROTON NMRWilliam Klunk; Fiscal Year: 1999..Proton nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1/H MRS) will be used to analyze 6 brain areas obtained at autopsy from 75 Alzheimer's disease (AD), ..
- Novel MRS Methods to Characterize MCMDKarl Goodkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is a proposal to advance the use of the techniques of H magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) and MRS imaging (MRSI) in HIV-1 infection...
- Attentional Dysfunction and Recovery in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)ANDREW ROBERT MAYER; Fiscal Year: 2010..deficit, and functional magnetic resonance imaging (FMRI), diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) to quantify the underlying neuronal changes that occur as a function of time in mild TBI...
- NMR SPECTROSCOPY IN ALZHEIMERS DISEASEMARIA CASERTA; Fiscal Year: 1999..and education that is focused on developing non-invasive in vivo diagnostic techniques based on magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) is for the early identification of Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Binding Between HIV-1 RT and IN and Its Functional SignificationSAMSON CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, we have identified the RT-interacting surface on IN, and have determined the affinity and kinetics ..
- Identification of MRS Markers of Glioma ProgressionTracy Richmond McKnight; Fiscal Year: 2010The overall goal of this project is to improve the interpretation of magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) data from non-enhancing glioma of various histologic subtypes in an effort to improve the therapeutic planning for patients ..
- 31P magnetization transfer study of bipolar disorderChun S Zuo; Fiscal Year: 2010..In such patients, magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) studies have consistently found decreases in phosphocreatine (PCr) levels, PET and SPECT ..
- Neuroimaging to Assess the Effects of Therapy in Children with Acute LymphoblastiBRUCE T contact SHIRAMIZU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Use of high resolution structural MRI (HRS-MRI), magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS), and diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) may allow detection of early changes in CNS structure and ..