Genomes and Genes
fourier transform infrared spectroscopy
Summary: A spectroscopic technique in which a range of wavelengths is presented simultaneously with an interferometer and the spectrum is mathematically derived from the pattern thus obtained.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Proteome approaches combined with Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy revealed a distinctive biofilm physiology in Bordetella pertussisDiego Omar Serra
Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo en Fermentaciones Industriales CINDEFI, CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Proteomics 8:4995-5010. 2008..pertussis pathogenesis. In summary, our work showed that the combination of proteomics and FT-IR spectroscopy with multivariate statistical analysis provides a powerful tool to gain further insight into bacterial lifestyles...
- Spectroscopic diagnosis of myocardial infarction and heart failure by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in serum samplesStephan L Haas
Department of Medicine II, Mannheim Medical Faculty of the University Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Appl Spectrosc 64:262-7. 2010..Based on our data, mid-IR spectroscopy appears to be a promising new method to diagnose heart diseases from serum samples. Artificial neural network algorithms proved to be superior to cluster analysis for correct prediction...
- Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectromicroscopic characterization of stem-like cell populations in human esophageal normal and adenocarcinoma cell linesR Zhao
Department of Surgery and the Cancer Stem Cell Research Group, College of Medicine, and the Canadian Light Source, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Analyst 135:53-61. 2010....
- Injectable in situ forming biodegradable chitosan-hyaluronic acid based hydrogels for cartilage tissue engineeringHuaping Tan
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Biomaterials 30:2499-506. 2009..These characteristics provide a potential opportunity to use the injectable, composite hydrogels in tissue engineering applications...
- High-throughput metabolic fingerprinting of legume silage fermentations via Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and chemometricsHelen E Johnson
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3DD, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:1583-92. 2004..This corresponds to the known importance of rapid fermentation for the efficient conservation of forage proteins...
- Structural analysis of DNA interactions with biogenic polyamines and cobalt(III)hexamine studied by Fourier transform infrared and capillary electrophoresisAmin Ahmed Ouameur
Department of Chemistry Biology, University of Quebec at Trois Rivieres, C P 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G9A 5H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 279:42041-54. 2004..8 x 10(5) M(-1) and K(2) = 9.2 x 10(4) M(-1). The Hill coefficients indicate a positive cooperativity binding for biogenic polyamines and a negative cooperativity for cobalt(III)hexamine...
- Silver(I) complexes with DNA and RNA studied by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and capillary electrophoresisH Arakawa
Department of Chemistry-Biology, , , Canada
Biophys J 81:1580-7. 2001..1-6.6 with constant concentration of DNA or RNA and various concentrations of Ag(I). Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and capillary electrophoresis were used to analyze the Ag(I) binding mode, the binding constant, ..
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studies of alginate-PLL capsules with varying compositionsChris G van Hoogmoed
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Section of Bioadhesion, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 67:172-8. 2003..chemical compositions of alginate[bond]Ca beads and alginate[bond]PLL capsules were studied by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. We found that during the transition of the alginate[bond]Ca beads to alginate[bond]PLL capsules, ..
- A comparative study of gallstones from children and adults using FTIR spectroscopy and fluorescence microscopyOleg Kleiner
Department of Physics, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, 84105, Israel
BMC Gastroenterol 2:3. 2002..Recent years has seen an increasing trend in the number of cases involving children. The focus of this study is on the analysis of the chemical composition of gallstones from child and adult patients using spectroscopic methods...
- Effect of molecular structure of chitosan on protein delivery properties of chitosan nanoparticlesYongmei Xu
Department of Environmental Science, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Int J Pharm 250:215-26. 2003..Adding PEG hindered the BSA encapsulation and accelerated the release rate...
- Crystallographic evidence for substrate-assisted catalysis in a bacterial beta-hexosaminidaseB L Mark
Medical Research Council Group in Protein Structure and Function, Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:10330-7. 2001..This complex provides decisive structural evidence for substrate-assisted catalysis and the formation of a covalent, cyclic intermediate in family 20 beta-hexosaminidases...
- FTIR microscopic imaging of collagen and proteoglycan in bovine cartilageN P Camacho
Research Division, The Hospital for Special Surgery, 535 East 70th Street, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biopolymers 62:1-8. 2001..This study provides a framework in which complex pathological changes in this heterogeneous tissue can be assessed by IR microscopic imaging...
- Monitoring water reactions during the S-state cycle of the photosynthetic water-oxidizing center: detection of the DOD bending vibrations by means of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyHiroyuki Suzuki
Institute of Materials Science, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8573, Japan
Biochemistry 47:11024-30. 2008....
- Fourier transform infrared microspectroscopy identifies symmetric PO(2)(-) modifications as a marker of the putative stem cell region of human intestinal cryptsMichael J Walsh
Biomedical Sciences Unit, Department of Biological Sciences, Lancaster University, Bailrigg, Lancaster LA1 4YQ, UK
Stem Cells 26:108-18. 2008..nu(s)PO(2)(-), probably associated with DNA conformational alterations, might facilitate a means of identifying stem cells, which may have utility in other tissues where the location of stem cells is unclear...
- Insight into protein structure and protein-ligand recognition by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyC Jung
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Recognit 13:325-51. 2000An overview of the application of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy for the analysis of the structure of proteins and protein-ligand recognition is given. The principle of the technique and of the spectra analysis is demonstrated...
- Chitin-based scaffolds are an integral part of the skeleton of the marine demosponge Ianthella bastaE Brunner
TU Dresden, Fachrichtung Chemie und Lebensmittelchemie, Bioanalytische Chemie, Postfach, Dresden, Germany
J Struct Biol 168:539-47. 2009..basta consist of partially disordered and loosely packed chitin with large surfaces. The spectroscopic signature of these chitin-based scaffolds is closer to that of alpha-chitin than beta-chitin...
- Identification of Yersinia enterocolitica at the species and subspecies levels by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyAndrea Elisabeth Kuhm
Chemisches und Veterinaruntersuchungsamt Stuttgart, Schaflandstr 3 2, 70736 Fellbach, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5809-13. 2009..pseudotuberculosis, Y. bercovieri, and Y. intermedia, were differentiated using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) combined with artificial neural network analysis...
- [Gallstone biochemical characteristics using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy method]P Sossé Djessou
Laboratoire de Biochimie Medicale, UFR des sciences médicales, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 68:39-42. 2010..stones (n = 12), cholesterol stones (n = 8) or as mixed stones (n = 4) according to analysis by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. The infrared spectroscopy quantification reported eight stones contained 100% of cholesterol, ..
- Preparation of coated nanoparticles for a new mucosal vaccine delivery systemOlga Borges
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Division of Pharmaceutical Technology, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 299:155-66. 2005..The optimisation of the coating process resulted in 35% (w/w) for the loading capacity of the coated particles. SEM investigations confirmed a suitable size of the coated nanoparticles for the uptake by M-cells...
- Flexibility and dynamics of NhaA Na+/H+-antiporter of Escherichia coli studied by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyE Džafić
Institut fur Biophysik, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Max von Laue Strasse 1, D 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 72:102-9. 2009..Together with the results from (1)H/(2)H exchange, the inactive state represents a more compact form whereas activation induces a more open conformation of the protein...
- Food wrapping with the postpharyngeal gland secretion by females of the European beewolf Philanthus triangulumGudrun Herzner
Department of Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology, University of Wurzburg, Biozentrum, Am Hubland, D 97074, Wurzburg, Germany
J Chem Ecol 33:849-59. 2007..We discuss our findings with regard to other possible mechanisms of the postpharyngeal gland secretion against fungal growth...
- Development of a cancer DNA phenotype prior to tumor formationDonald C Malins
Biochemical Oncology Program, Pacific Northwest Research Institute, 720 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10721-5. 2004....
- Surface modification of superparamagnetic magnetite nanoparticles and their intracellular uptakeYong Zhang
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 2120, USA
Biomaterials 23:1553-61. 2002....
- FTIR spectroscopy demonstrates biochemical differences in mammalian cell cultures at different growth stagesJ R Mourant
Bioscience Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87545, USA
Biophys J 85:1938-47. 2003..reports in the literature, our data demonstrate that determining DNA content or structure using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy data is difficult due to the relatively small amount of DNA and the overlap of DNA bands with the ..
- IR spectroscopic characteristics of cell cycle and cell death probed by synchrotron radiation based Fourier transform IR spectromicroscopyH Y Holman
Center for Environmental Biotechnology, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, One Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Biopolymers 57:329-35. 2000..Biopolymers (Biospectroscopy) 57: 329-335, 2000..
- Heat-induced secondary structure and conformation change of bovine serum albumin investigated by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyKoichi Murayama
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1, Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Biochemistry 43:11526-32. 2004....
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, detection and identification of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Alicyclobacillus strains in apple juiceHamzah M Al-Qadiri
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Box 646376, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6376, United States
Int J Food Microbiol 111:73-80. 2006..cells, and the pathogenic E. coli cells could be detected in apple juice...
- Dimeric surfactant protein B peptide sp-b(1-25) in neonatal and acute respiratory distress syndromeFrans J Walther
Research and Education Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502, USA
Exp Lung Res 28:623-40. 2002..The data suggest that dSP-B(1-25) is more efficient in restoring lung function in neonatal RDS and ARDS than mSP-B(1-25) surfactant...
- Detection of endogenous biomolecules in Barrett's esophagus by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyThomas D Wang
Division of Gastroenterology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15864-9. 2007....
- Approaches to understanding the functional architecture of the plant cell wallM C McCann
Department of Cell Biology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, NR4 7UH, Norwich, UK
Phytochemistry 57:811-21. 2001..We are using model systems to uncover the genes that encode some of the cell-wall-related biosynthetic and hydrolytic enzymes, and structural proteins...
- Gallstone analysis using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR)Eun Hyung Yoo
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Chem Lab Med 46:376-81. 2008..Physical analysis using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), compared to chemical analysis, requires minimal sample volume, shows uniform sensitivity ..
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy as a tool to study structural properties of cytochromes P450 (CYPs)Christiane Jung
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, 13125, Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:1031-58. 2008..b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) is one tool that is used to study these structural properties...
- Chloride cofactor in the photosynthetic oxygen-evolving complex studied by fourier transform infrared spectroscopyKoji Hasegawa
Laboratory for Photo Biology I, RIKEN Photodynamics Research Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, 519 1399 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai 980 0845, Japan
Biochemistry 41:13839-50. 2002..These results also suggest that Cl(-) is required for changes in the structure of the specific carboxylate ligand of the Mn cluster as well as the peptide backbone of protein matrixes upon the transition from S1 to S2...
- Conformation transition in silk protein films monitored by time-resolved Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy: effect of potassium ions on Nephila spidroin filmsXin Chen
Department of Macromolecular Science, The Key Laboratory of Molecular Engineering of Polymers of Education Ministry, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, People s Republic of China
Biochemistry 41:14944-50. 2002We used time-resolved Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) to follow a conformation transition in Nephila spidroin film from random coil and/or helical structures to beta-sheet induced by the addition of KCl from 0.01 to 1...
- Antioxidant-induced changes in oxidized DNADonald C Malins
Biochemical Oncology Program and Tumor Immunology Program, Pacific Northwest Research Institute, 720 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:5937-41. 2002..These benefits could be offset by the other structural changes found after NAC exposure, which may affect the fidelity of DNA synthesis...
- Classification of select category A and B bacteria by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyAlan C Samuels
ECBC, Research and Technology Directorate, Edgewood Area, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland 21010 5424, USA
Appl Spectrosc 63:14-24. 2009....
- Protonation structures of Cys-sulfinic and Cys-sulfenic acids in the photosensitive nitrile hydratase revealed by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyTakumi Noguchi
Institute of Materials Science, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8573, Japan
Biochemistry 42:11642-50. 2003..There is further speculation that either of these groups is hydrogen bonded to a reactant water molecule, increasing its basicity to facilitate the nucleophilic attack on the nitrile substrate bound to the iron center...
- Discrimination of intact and injured Listeria monocytogenes by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and principal component analysisMengshi Lin
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Box 646376, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6373, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:5769-72. 2004b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR, 4000-600 cm(-)(1)) was used to discriminate between intact and sonication-injured Listeria monocytogenes ATCC 19114 and to distinguish this strain from other selected Listeria strains (L...
- Rapid monitoring of recombinant antibody production by mammalian cell cultures using fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and chemometricsChristopher A Sellick
The University of Manchester, UK
Biotechnol Bioeng 106:432-42. 2010....
- Stacking interaction study of trans-resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene) in solution by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Fourier Transform Infrared SpectroscopyClaudia Bonechi
Department of Chemical and Biosystem Sciences, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2 53100 Siena, Italy
Magn Reson Chem 46:625-9. 2008..Moreover, the dynamics of the supramolecular aggregates were studied by nuclear spin relaxation data...
- Low-temperature Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy of photoactive yellow proteinY Imamoto
Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Biochemistry 40:8997-9004. 2001..intermediates of photoactive yellow protein (PYP) were characterized by low-temperature Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. The difference FTIR spectra of PYP(B), PYP(H), PYP(L), and PYP(M) minus PYP were measured under ..
- Studies on photosynthetic oxygen-evolving complex by means of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy: calcium and chloride cofactorsYukihiro Kimura
Laboratory for Photo Biology 1, RIKEN Photodynamics Research Center, 519 1399 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai 980 0845, Japan
Photosynth Res 84:245-50. 2005..However, Cl- -depletion did not exert significant effects on the low-frequency spectrum...
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy used to evidence the prevention of beta-sheet formation of amyloid beta(1-40) peptide by a short amyloid fragmentShan Yang Lin
Biopharmaceutics Laboratory, Department of Medical Research and Education, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Shih Pai, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Int J Biol Macromol 32:173-7. 2003..The study indicates that the reflectance FT-IR microspectroscopy can easily evidence the prevention of beta-sheet formation of Abeta(1-40) peptide by a short amyloid fragment...
- Lipid domains and orthorhombic phases in model stratum corneum: evidence from Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studiesD J Moore
International Specialty Products, Skin R and D, Wayne, New Jersey 07470, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 231:797-801. 1997..of ceramide III, cholesterol, and perdeuterated palmitic acid, has been characterized by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. At physiological temperature the CD2 scissoring mode of the palmitic acid methylenes, and the ..
- Application of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics for differentiation of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis phage typesOrnella Preisner
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Av Rovisco Pais, Lisbon, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:3538-44. 2010..For the first time it was demonstrated that FT-IR analysis of OMP extracts can be used for construction of robust models that allow fast and accurate discrimination of different Salmonella Enteritidis phage types...
- Differentiation between probiotic and wild-type Bacillus cereus isolates by antibiotic susceptibility test and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR)Henriette Mietke
Staatliche Betriebsgesellschaft für Umwelt und Landwirtschaft, Leipzig, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 140:57-60. 2010..When randomly checking these strains by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR), the probiotic B. cereus strains were separated from wild-type B. cereus/B...
- Diversity of Pseudomonas strains isolated with King's B and Gould's S1 agar determined by repetitive extragenic palindromic-polymerase chain reaction, 16S rDNA sequencing and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy characterisationK Johnsen
Department of Ecology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark
FEMS Microbiol Lett 173:155-62. 1999..were comparatively typed by repetitive extragenic palindromic-polymerase chain reaction and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, not previously used for environmental Pseudomonas...
- Determination of simvastatin-induced changes in bone composition and structure by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in rat animal modelSebnem Garip
Department of Biochemistry, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
J Pharm Biomed Anal 52:580-8. 2010..Molecular investigations were performed using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. In the bones of the two groups of simvastatin-treated rats, the relative mineral/matrix ratio (p&..
- Membrane permeability parameters for freezing of stallion sperm as determined by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyHarriette Oldenhof
Clinic for Horses Unit for Reproductive Medicine, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Germany
Cryobiology 61:115-22. 2010..b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) was used to monitor membrane phase behavior and ice formation during freezing of stallion ..
- Temperature-pressure stability of green fluorescent protein: a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studyCarsten H Scheyhing
Lehrstuhl für Technische Mikrobiologie, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Biopolymers 65:244-53. 2002..of wild-type GFP (wtGFP) and three of its red shift mutants (AFP, GFP(mut1), and GFP(mut2)) using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. For the wt GFP, GFP(mut1), and GFP(mut2) we found that up to 13-14 kbar the secondary structure ..
- RNA arbitrarily primed PCR and fourier transform infrared spectroscopy reveal plasticity in the acid tolerance response of Streptococcus macedonicusKonstantinos Papadimitriou
Laboratory of Dairy Research, Department of Food Science and Technology, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, 118 55 Athens, Greece
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:6068-76. 2008..by RNA arbitrarily primed PCR (RAP-PCR), and their whole-cell chemical compositions, by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR)...
- Rapid nondestructive on-site screening of methylamphetamine seizures by attenuated total reflection fourier transform infrared spectroscopyChing Yong Goh
Department of Applied Chemistry, Curtin University of Technology, GPO Box U1987, Perth, WA 6845, Australia
Appl Spectrosc 62:640-8. 2008The identification and quantification of illicit substances in the field is often desirable. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) has both qualitative and quantitative capabilities and field portable instruments are ..
- Novel method for identification and quantification of methanol and ethanol in alcoholic beverages by gas chromatography-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and horizontal attenuated total reflectance-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyKakali Sharma
Vivekananda Mahavidyalaya, Haripal, Hooghly, Department of Chemistry, West Bengal, India
J AOAC Int 92:518-26. 2009..and quantification of methanol and ethanol in beverages can be accurately done using GC-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and horizontal attenuated total reflectance (HATR)-FTIR...
- Development of a novel, FTIR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy) based, yeast bioassay for toxicity testing and stress response studyLaura Corte
Department of Applied Biology Microbiology, University of Perugia, Borgo 20 Giugno, 74, I 06121 Perugia, Italy
Anal Chim Acta 659:258-65. 2010b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) was used to analyze the metabolomic alterations caused to yeast cells by four chemical compounds: ethanol, sodium hypochlorite, sodium chloride and sulfur dioxide, each tested at five ..
- Comparative Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy study of cold-, pressure-, and heat-induced unfolding and aggregation of myoglobinFilip Meersman
Department of Chemistry, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Celestijnenlaan 200D, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Biophys J 82:2635-44. 2002We studied the cold unfolding of myoglobin with Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and compared it with pressure and heat unfolding...
- Quantification of trans-1,4-polyisoprene in Eucommia ulmoides by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometryShinya Takeno
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University, 2 1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 105:355-9. 2008..We also described a highly sensitive quantification method for EU-rubber by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) and pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (PyGC/MS)...
- Determination of acid number and base number in lubricants by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyF R van de Voort
McGill IR Group, Department of Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Macdonald Campus, McGill University, 21, 111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
Appl Spectrosc 57:1425-31. 2003..FT-IR analysis combining stoichiometric signal transduction with differential spectroscopy may be of wider utility as an alternative to titration in the determination of acid or basic constituents in complex nonaqueous systems...
- Determination of total sterols in brown algae by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyNaïma Bouzidi
Laboratory of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, University of Blida, P O B 270 Soumâa Blida 09000, Algeria
Anal Chim Acta 616:185-9. 2008..259+/-0.003, which represents the ratio between the slopes of calibration lines obtained from fucosterol and cholesterol. The method provides precise and accurate results for the IR analysis of real samples...
- Application of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy for monitoring short-chain free fatty acids in Swiss cheeseN Koca
Department of Food Science and Technology, The Ohio State University, 110 Parker Food Science and Technology Building, 2015 Fyffe Rd, Columbus 43210, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:3596-603. 2007..and rapid screening tool for monitoring the short-chain FFA contents in Swiss cheese by using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)...
- Continuous nondestructive monitoring of Bordetella pertussis biofilms by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and other corroborative techniquesDiego Serra
Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo en Fermentaciones Industriales CINDEFI, CONICET, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, UNLP, Calles 50 y 115, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:1759-67. 2007....
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) and X-ray diffraction analyses of mineral and organic matrix during heating of mother of pearl (nacre) from the shell of the mollusc Pinctada maximaJ Balmain
Laboratoire d Analyse Spectroscopique et de Traitement de Surface des Matériaux, LASTSM IUT, Universite de Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan Cedex, France
J Biomed Mater Res 48:749-54. 1999b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) and X-ray diffraction patterns were used to analyze the mineral structure and organic matrix composition and thermal behavior of the internal nacreous layer (mother of pearl or nacre) of ..
- In vivo and in situ detection of colorectal cancer using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyQing Bo Li
The State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:327-30. 2005..Here we aimed to detect in vivo and in situ colorectal cancer by using Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy and fiber-optic technology...
- Characterization of an RNA bulge structure by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyMartina Banyay
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Arrhenius Laboratories, Stockholm University, Stockholm SE 106 91, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 324:634-9. 2004..We have used Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to investigate a single-stranded RNA oligonucleotide with known NMR solution structure, ..
- The mechanical properties and molecular dynamics of plant cell wall polysaccharides studied by Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopyR H Wilson
Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7UA, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 124:397-405. 2000..The pectin chains respond faster to oscillation than the more rigid cellulose...
- Metastatic cancer DNA phenotype identified in normal tissues surrounding metastasizing prostate carcinomasDonald C Malins
Biochemical Oncology Program, Pacific Northwest Research Institute, 720 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11428-31. 2004..The metastatic phenotype is potentially an early predictor of metastatic disease. Interventions that inhibit its formation would be expected to also inhibit the development of metastatic tumors...
- The characterization and differentiation of higher plants by fourier transform infrared spectroscopySevgi Turker Gorgulu
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Appl Spectrosc 61:300-8. 2007..In conclusion, the current FT-IR study presents a novel method for rapid and accurate molecular characterization and identification of plants based on the compositional and structural differences in their macromolecules...
- Rapid and quantitative detection of the microbial spoilage of meat by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and machine learningDavid I Ellis
Institute of Biological Sciences Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3DD, Wales, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2822-8. 2002..We believe this approach will aid in the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point process for the assessment of the microbiological safety of food at the production, processing, manufacturing, packaging, and storage levels...
- Biophysic evaluation of bone quality-application of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and phosphorus-31 solid-state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyShinjiro Takata
Department of Orthopedics, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Med Invest 51:133-8. 2004..The T1 relaxation time of both bone and deficient hydroxyapatite was much longer than that of pure hydroxyapatite. T1 relaxation time is one of the promising indices of bone quality...
- Viable osteogenic cells are obligatory for tissue-engineered ectopic bone formation in goatsM C Kruyt
Department of Orthopedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tissue Eng 9:327-36. 2003..In conclusion, tissue-engineered bone formation in goats can be achieved only with viable constructs of an appropriate scaffold and sufficient BMSCs...
- Imaging of collagen and proteoglycan in cartilage sections using Fourier transform infrared spectral imagingK Potter
NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 44:846-55. 2001..However, for some applications, the lack of specificity of this technique for different types of proteins may be a limitation...
- Structural transformations of oligomeric intermediates in the fibrillation of the immunoglobulin light chain LENPierre O Souillac
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95064, USA
Biochemistry 42:8094-104. 2003....
- UVB-radiation-induced apoptosis in Jurkat cells: a coordinated fourier transform infrared spectroscopy-flow cytometry studyDeleana Pozzi
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Radiat Res 168:698-705. 2007....
- Epidemiological typing of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyNassim M Amiali
Quelab Laboratories Inc, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Microbiol Methods 69:146-53. 2007..These results demonstrate that FTIR spectroscopy has considerable potential as a rapid (1-hour) and simple method for MRSA strain typing and monitoring in clinical settings...
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy for screening and quantifying production of PHAs by Pseudomonas grown on sodium octanoateSolo Randriamahefa
Laboratoire de Recherches sur les Polymères, UMR 7581, 2 à 8 Rue Henri Dunant, 94 320 Thiais, France
Biomacromolecules 4:1092-7. 2003....
- Rapid discrimination of Alicyclobacillus strains in apple juice by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyMengshi Lin
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Washington State University, Box 646376, Pullman, WA 99164 6373, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 105:369-76. 2005..This technique may provide a tool for fruit juice producers to detect Alicyclobacillus rapidly and to monitor and control guaiacol formation...
- Single-pass attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy for the analysis of proteins in H2O solutionBrandye M Smith
Department of Chemistry, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 8204, USA
Anal Chem 74:4076-80. 2002..The observed trends for the amide I-III and A bands obtained by single-pass ATR-FT-IR agreed with those in the literature for conventional transmission FT-IR...
- Can Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy at higher wavenumbers (mid IR) shed light on biomarkers for carcinogenesis in tissues?R K Sahu
Ben Gurion University, Department of Physics and Cancer Research Center, Beer Sheva, Israel 84105
J Biomed Opt 10:054017. 2005..To further examine the utility of these markers in cancer diagnosis and management, they are tested successfully in monitoring the changes occurring in leukemia patients during chemotherapy...
- Differentiation of mesophilic and thermophilic bacteria with fourier transform infrared spectroscopySebnem Garip
Department of Biology, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Appl Spectrosc 61:186-92. 2007....
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in the study of lipid phase transitions in model and biological membranes: practical considerationsRuthven N A H Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Canada
Methods Mol Biol 400:207-26. 2007....
- Prion protein alpha-to-beta transition monitored by time-resolved Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyJulian Ollesch
University of California, San Francisco, Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, California 94143 0518, USA
Appl Spectrosc 61:1025-31. 2007..This was not determined by either NMR or X-ray. The experiments were performed in a double-sealed security cuvette developed for IR analysis of potentially infectious PrP samples outside the biosafety laboratory...
- Fibrinogen-catecholamine interaction as observed by NMR and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopySilvia Martini
Department of Chemical and Biosystem Sciences, University of Siena, Via Aldo Moro, 2 53100 Siena, Italy
Biomacromolecules 8:2689-96. 2007..The interaction with the stress level of epinephrine leads to drastic protein conformational changes, whereas norepinephrine does not affect fibrinogen secondary structure, even at stress concentration...
- Application of multibounce attenuated total reflectance fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics for determination of aspartame in soft drinksHarpreet Kaur Khurana
Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Science and Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
J Agric Food Chem 56:778-83. 2008..The FTIR method developed can be suitably used for routine quality control analysis of aspartame in the beverage-manufacturing sector...
- Microscopic FTIR studies of lung cancer cells in pleural fluidH P Wang
Department of Environment Engineering, Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Sci Total Environ 204:283-7. 1997....
- Conformational changes of pediocin in an aqueous medium monitored by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy: a biological implicationHélène Gaussier
Chaire de recherche du Canada sur les protéine et les ailments fonctionnels, Universite Laval, Département des Aliments et de Nutrition, Pavillon Paul Comtois, Sainte Foy, Quebec, G1K 7P4, Canada
Int J Biol Macromol 32:1-9. 2003....
- Diagnosis of gastric inflammation and malignancy in endoscopic biopsies based on Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyQing Bo Li
The State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Clin Chem 51:346-50. 2005..Our aim was to classify endoscopic biopsies into healthy, gastritis, and malignancy through the use of FT-IR spectroscopy...
- FTIR/ATR for protein adsorption to biomaterial surfacesK K Chittur
Chemical and Materials Engineering Department, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 35899, USA
Biomaterials 19:357-69. 1998....
- The behaviour of polyamino acids reveals an inverse side chain effect in amyloid structure formationMarcus Fändrich
Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, Central Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, UK
EMBO J 21:5682-90. 2002....
- Intermolecular interactions in dry and rehydrated pure and mixed bilayers of phosphatidylcholine and digalactosyldiacylglycerol: a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studyAntoaneta V Popova
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14424 Potsdam, Germany
Biophys J 85:1682-90. 2003..glycolipid digalactosyldiacylglycerol (DGDG), or from a mixture (1:1) of these lipids, using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. We show that there are extensive interactions between EPC and DGDG in mixed membranes, and also ..
- Renal geology (quantitative renal stone analysis) by 'Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy'Iqbal Singh
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi and GTB Hospital, F 14 South Extension Part 2, New Delhi 110049, India
Int Urol Nephrol 40:595-602. 2008..To determine an ideal method for stone analysis suitable for use in a clinical setting...
- The effect of fructan on membrane lipid organization and dynamics in the dry stateIngrid J Vereyken
Department Biochemistry of Membranes, CBLE, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Biophys J 84:3759-66. 2003..POPC and DMPC were investigated in the dry state by (2)H, (31)P NMR, and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy using two types of fructan and dextran...
- Detection of the dipicolinic acid biomarker in Bacillus spores using Curie-point pyrolysis mass spectrometry and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyR Goodacre
Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, U K
Anal Chem 72:119-27. 2000..Thus, although the original data sets recorded hundreds of spectral variables from whole cells simultaneously, a simple biomarker can be used for the rapid and unequivocal detection of spores of these organisms...
- Assay for glucose oxidase from Aspergillus niger and Penicillium amagasakiense by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyK Karmali
Centro de Investigačão de Engenharia Química e Biotecnologia do Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa, Rua Conselheiro Emidio Navarro 1, 1949 014 Lisbon, Portugal
Anal Biochem 333:320-7. 2004..1.3.4) from Aspergillus niger and Penicillium amagasakiense was investigated by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. This enzyme catalyzed the oxidation of d-glucose at carbon 1 into d-glucono-1,5-lactone and ..
- Role of solvent on protein-matrix coupling in MbCO embedded in water-saccharide systems: a Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy studySergio Giuffrida
Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche ed Astronomiche, Universita di Palermo and CNISM, I 90123 Palermo, Italy
Biophys J 91:968-80. 2006..In this work, we compare Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy measurements (300-20 K) on MbCO embedded in trehalose, sucrose, maltose, raffinose, and glucose ..
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy provides a fingerprint for the tetramer and for the aggregates of transthyretinYraima Cordeiro
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Programa de Biologia Estrutural, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21941 590, Brazil
Biophys J 91:957-67. 2006..4), which suggests that high hydrostatic pressure converts the tetramers of TTR into an amyloidogenic conformation...
- Measuring enzymatic activity of a recombinant amidase using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyR Pacheco
Departamento de Engenharia Quimica, Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa, Rua Conselheiro Emídio Navarro, 1, 1949 014 Lisboa, Portugal
Anal Biochem 322:208-14. 2003A method based on Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR) has been developed for assaying the Pseudomonas aeruginosa native amidase (E.C. 184.108.40.206), overproduced in an Escherichia coli strain...
- Evaluation of fetal bone structure and mineralization in IGF-I deficient mice using synchrotron radiation microtomography and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyAndrew J Burghardt
Musculoskeletal Quantitative Imaging Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, QB3 Byers Hall, Suite 203, 1700 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Bone 40:160-8. 2007..Synchrotron microtomography (SR-microCT) and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) may provide methods to visualize and quantify differences in the structure and mineral ..
- Terpenes in propylene glycol as skin-penetration enhancers: permeation and partition of haloperidol, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetryH K Vaddi
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, 18, Science Drive 4, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
J Pharm Sci 91:1639-51. 2002..possible enhancement mechanism was then elucidated with HP-stratum corneum (SC) binding studies, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and differential scanning calorimetry...
- Membrane dynamics as seen by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in a cyanobacterium, Synechocystis PCC 6803. The effects of lipid unsaturation and the protein-to-lipid ratioB Szalontai
Institute of Biophysics, Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary
Biochim Biophys Acta 1509:409-19. 2000..dbnd6;O vibration. The contributions to the membrane dynamics of an ab ovo present 'structural' lipid disorder due to the protein-lipid interactions and of a thermally induced 'dynamic' lipid disorder could be distinguished...
- Quantification of hydrolysis of toxic organophosphates and organophosphonates by diisopropyl fluorophosphatase from Loligo vulgaris by in situ Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyJürgen Gäb
Blum Scientific Services, Munich, Germany
Anal Biochem 385:187-93. 2009..Because the assay is independent of the used enzyme, it should also be applicable to other phosphotriesterase enzymes such as organophosphorus hydrolase (OPH), organophosphorus acid anhydrolase (OPAA), and paraoxonase (PON)...
- The use of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to assay for urease from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Canavalia ensiformisK Karmali
Centro de Investigação de Engenharia Biotecnológica do Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa, Rua Conselheiro Emídio Navarro, 1, 1949 014 Lisbon, Portugal
Anal Biochem 331:115-21. 2004..5.1.5) from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Canavalia ensiformis by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. This enzyme catalyzed the hydrolysis of urea in phosphate buffer in deuterium oxide ((2)H(2)O)...
- DNA interaction studies of an anticancer plant alkaloid, vincristine, using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyGunjan Tyagi
Optical Radiation Standards, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi, India
DNA Cell Biol 29:693-9. 2010The binding of vincristine with DNA has been investigated using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Various changes in the double helical structure of DNA after addition of vincristine have been examined...
- LIPID PHASE TRANSITIONS AND PLATELET ACTIVATIONFern Tablin; Fiscal Year: 2001..These will be measured in conjunction with aggregometry to quantify the level of activation and agonist responsiveness in human platelets during and after cold storage. ..
- ROLE OF MATRIX VESICLES IN CALCIFICATIONROY WUTHIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analytical techniques to be used include Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, high resolution X-ray diffraction, TEM with EDAX analysis for Ca:P stoichiometry, and solid-..
- Controlled delivery of polypeptide hormone calcitoninJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..The stability of the released sCT as well as sCT in the gel will be evaluated using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, circular dichroism, sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, native sodium ..
- Structural origin of fibrin clot mechanical propertiesJohn W Weisel; Fiscal Year: 2012..force microscopy, and observing the structural transitions by wide angle X-ray diffraction or Fourier Transform infrared spectroscopy while stretching of fibrin clots...
- TRANSGENETIC STUDIES OF PRION DISEASE IN CERVIDSGlenn C Telling; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that our work will continue to have a sustained, powerful impact on this field, and likely related diseases involving protein misfolding, as well as clarifying many remaining enigmatic aspects of CWD biology. ..
- LIGHT-DRIVEN ION TRANSPORT IN BACTERIAL RHODOPSINSJanos K Lanyi; Fiscal Year: 2013..and transient optical spectroscopy (absorption and fluorescence), site-specific spin labeling, Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy, crystallization and x-ray diffraction, and solution NMR...
- BONE PROPERTIES IN HYPOPARATHYROIDISM: EFFECTS OF PTHJohn P Bilezikian; Fiscal Year: 2013..histomorphometry, 5CT, synchrotron-based 5CT, quantitative back scattered electron imaging, and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy). In addition, bone turnover markers and circulating osteoblast precursor cells will be measured...
- Structural determinants of amelogenin function in regulating enamel formationHenry C Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Membrane binding and aggregation of alpha-synucleinJean Christophe Rochet; Fiscal Year: 2009..be monitored by total internal reflection fluorescence microscopy and attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. The formation of a-synuclein oligomers on membranes will also be monitored in test-tube models, ..
- EFFECTS OF GAMMA RADIATION ON BIOMEDICAL POLYMERSCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 1990..be studied using X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy,l static secondary ion mass spectrometry and fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Phase II...
- BASIC AND APPLIED RESEARCH ON SPERM CRYOPRESERVATIONJames Overstreet; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy will be used to detect lipid phase transitions in sperm, and the hypothesis that these ..
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY OF BILIRUBIN & ITS CONJUGATESWILLIAM SPIVAK; Fiscal Year: 1990..We will continue using derivative spectroscopy to study bile salt-bilirubin interactions. Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) will be used to study intra-and inter- molecular interactions of biliary lipids and bile ..
- TGF B1'S ROLE IN PRIMARY AND REPARATIVE DENTINOGENESISRENA D SOUZA; Fiscal Year: 2001..of primary dentin will be assessed in TGF-beta1(-/-) nude mice by tetracycline labeling, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, ultrastructural and biomechanical approaches...
- STUDIES ON THE STRUCTURE OF BASEMENT MEMBRANESBilly Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- BIOANALYSIS USING COATED CRYSTAL ATR/FTIR METHODSSTERLING TOMELLINI; Fiscal Year: 1992..is to evaluate the applicability of Coated Crystal Attenuated Total Internal Reflection (CC-ATR) Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy for analyzing low molecular weight species in aqueous solutions...
- IDENTIFICATION OF ESTROUS PHEROMONE(S)L Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 1993..desorption mass spectrometry, electron ionization mass spectrometry, ultraviolet spectrometry, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A SUBSTRATE FOR TESTING DENTAL ADHESIONPaulette Spencer; Fiscal Year: 1993..During phase 1 these surfaces will be characterized using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), Auger, and ESCA...
- AFGPS AND PLATELET MEMBRANE STABILIZATIONFern Tablin; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition we have developed a unique shapemeter to quantify the level of shape change, activation and agonist responsiveness of these platelets during and after cold-storage. ..
- PROTEIN AND THROMBUS DEPOSITION ON VASCULAR GRAFTSStuart Cooper; Fiscal Year: 1990..Conformation of the adsorbed protein will be determined by Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy and by enzymatic methods...
- SERPIN INTERACTION WITH SERINE PROTEINASESBARRY COOPERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- IN-VIVO EVALUATION OF SURFACE-INDUCED THROMBOGENESISStuart Cooper; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy with attenuated total Reflectance (FTIRATR), scanning electron microscopy, and x-ray ..
- PEPTIDE-CELL INTERACTIONS IN SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISAEFred Naider; Fiscal Year: 2006..these receptor domains will be studied using circular dichroism (CD), attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR) and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR)...
- INFRARED STUDIES OF PROTEIN STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICSJ Sage; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- ANABOLIC STEROIDS BY HPLC/FTIRJames Willis; Fiscal Year: 1993..which provides for the direct linkage of High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR). Anabolic steroids are in widespread and increasing illicit use...
- IDIOPATHIC OSTEOPOROSIS IN PREMENOPAUSAL WOMENElizabeth Shane; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIRI) will be applied to evaluate the properties of bone mineral and matrix...
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR APOLIPOPROTEIN AI FUNCTIONChristie Brouillette; Fiscal Year: 2002..analytical ultracentrifugation, thermodynamic stability, polarized attenuated internal reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (PATIR-FITR), and lipid binding kinetics...
- CONTROL OF PROTEIN AGGREGATION IN THE LENSWitold Surewicz; Fiscal Year: 1999..Other methods to be used in this study include conventional Fourier- transform infrared spectroscopy, hydrophobic photolabelling/peptide mapping and circular dichroism spectroscopy. ..
- STRUCTURE AND ACTION OF STEROIDOGENIC REGULATORY PROTEINHIMANGSHU BOSE; Fiscal Year: 2002..Fulfilling these aims will provide the structural information needed to develop a detailed understanding of how StAR and MLN64 regulate cholesterol movement from the outer to inner mitochondrial membrane. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL DENTAL ADHESIVESJ Eick; Fiscal Year: 1991..characterization of the chemical interaction of the proposed adhesive with tooth structure using Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and transmission electron microscopy...
- INTERFACIAL ACTION OF INHALATION ANESTHETICSIssaku Ueda; Fiscal Year: 1992..The microscopic properties are measured by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, fluorescence spectrophotometry, Raman and Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, etc...
- New Polymeric Betaines as Antiadherent MaterialsAndrew Lowe; Fiscal Year: 2004..This will be accomplished using several advanced spectroscopic techniques such as photo-acoustic Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, attenuated total reflectance spectroscopy, and internal reflection infrared imaging. Finally, Dr...
- MATRIX ISOLATION INFRARED SPECTROSCOPY OF MASS IONSRobert White; Fiscal Year: 1992..Infrared analysis will be performed by Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. The apparatus will be tested using well-behaved systems and then applied to structure ..
- BIOSENSOR TO MONITOR DRUG/ANESTHETIC INTERACTIONSGilbert Smith; Fiscal Year: 1992..b>Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) will be used to characterize surface-bound structures...
- DNA DAMAGE IN MOUSE TUMORS EVAL BY IR SPECTROSCOPYDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Third, we shall evaluate how two chemotherapeutic drugs with different modes of action affect detectable DNA lesions, using the FT-IR technology, and attempt to correlate this with their activity in tumor formation. ..
- DNA Damage as Women Age: Implications for Breast CancerDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- FT-IR/GC-MS MODELS FOR PREDICTING PROSTATE CANCERDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..At the conclusion of these studies we expect to have significantly increased understanding of the etiology of prostate cancer and established a promising basis for cancer prediction. ..
- Micro-computed tomography system (Micro-CT)Adele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IN VITRO INITIATION OF BIOLOGICAL CALCIFICATIONAdele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISM OF HARD TISSUE MINERALIZATIONAdele L Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: To determine whether DSPP and BGN interact synergistically during the collagen-based in vitro mineralization process using in vitro and in situ analyses. ..
- Matrix proteins promote matrix vesicle mineralizationAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to understand the pathogenesis of calcium crystal formation in articular cartilage, so that specific therapies for this disabling disease can be designed. ..
- Open Tubular Capillary Electrochromatography/Mass SpectroscopyJOSEPH PESEK; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project focuses on providing a means for the analysis of complex samples found in clinical, biological and pharmaceutical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSGLUTAMINASE PROMOTES CPPD DISEASE IN AGING JOINTSAnn Rosenthal; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will contribute to our understanding of CPPD deposition disease, so that effective therapies for this common and disabling form of arthritis can be designed. ..
- Development of Etched Modified CapillariesJOSEPH PESEK; Fiscal Year: 2002..Microsolv Corporation will undertake a marketing plan to distribute the products for use by companies working in the targeted application areas. ..
- OSTEOPOROSIS, COLLAGEN CROSS-LINKS & BIOMECHANICSAdele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will be based on histology, FTIR Imaging (FTIRI), biomechanical, and biochemical techniques and represent a novel approach to evaluating the organic matrix inosteoporosis. ..
- Center for Nutrient-Gene Interaction in Cancer Preventi*Stephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition to the main projects, the Center will organize a competitive Pilot Project/Developmental program for the evaluation of new ideas and methods pertinent to the overall development of the Center. ..
- A NOVEL APPROACH TO GERM-LIINE PRESERVATION IN MACAQUESStuart Meyers; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dobrinski and experiments involving germ cell transplantation into male macaques will be performed at UC Davis. We expect to expand this study into a fully-independent project. ..
- A sensitive triple quadrupole mass spectrometerStephen Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that a commercial nanospray interface for use in nanoLC-MS analysis will be available by the fall of 2003. ..
- Phenanthroline Derivatives in Asymmetric CatalysisElke Schoffers; Fiscal Year: 2003..These experimental approaches will be complemented with computational ligand design based on molecular mechanics tools. ..
- TEM with Digital and Cryopreparation SystemsAndrew Evan; Fiscal Year: 2003..Dr. Richard Gregory will employ immunohistochemistry to examine the role of a Streptococcus mutans 65 kDa fimbrial protein binding as a mechanism for the induction of dental carries. ..
- NMR STUDIES OF THE MECHANISMS OF ACTION OF TRP REPRESSOROleg Jardetzky; Fiscal Year: 2002..Correlation of the findings should allow an understanding of the signaling code and the design of the regulatory apparatus. ..
- Molecular/Mechanical Imaging of Dentin Bonding SubstrateYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Results from this work will provide critical, new insight into failure mechanisms at the dentin/adhesive interface; failure that can ultimately lead to premature breakdown of the composite restoration. ..
- ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPESteven Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research that will be supported by the instrument falls into three general areas: protein-DNA interactions, amyloid formation and inhibition, and membrane protein complexes and arrays. ..
- Quantitative molecular imaging in articular cartilageYang Xia; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Peptide Reagents for Detection of Colonic DysplasiaThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CCD detectorCarol Muehleman; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, the optimized facility will greatly enhance the productivity of each user group as a consequence of detector efficiency. ..
- Structural Dynamics of Protein-RNA ComplexesBrian Cannon; Fiscal Year: 2007..The techniques developed in exploring the RNA-protein interactions in this model system may aid in providing the basis for future methodologies to probe more complicated health-related systems. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY FOR CANCER DIAGNOSIS AND MONITORINGJudith Mourant; Fiscal Year: 2005..Consequently, treatments could be customized. ..
- Novel Nanostructured Dental Glass-Ionomers for Advanced Dental RestorativesDong Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dentin/Adhesive Interface Structure/Property ImagingYong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- York College MARC U-STAR ProgramRuel Desamero; Fiscal Year: 2008..The trainee will also attend professional meetings in his/her discipline, present posters and make oral presentations. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Amino Acid-Based Glass-Ionomer BiomaterialsDong Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- 5 LIPOXYGENASE IN BONELynda Bonewald; Fiscal Year: 2001..Hence, these studies may also have profound implications for the increasing number of asthmatic patients who are currently being treated with steroids and 5LO inhibitors. ..