Genomes and Genes
nephelometry and turbidimetry
Summary: Chemical analysis based on the phenomenon whereby light, passing through a medium with dispersed particles of a different refractive index from that of the medium, is attenuated in intensity by scattering. In turbidimetry, the intensity of light transmitted through the medium, the unscattered light, is measured. In nephelometry, the intensity of the scattered light is measured, usually, but not necessarily, at right angles to the incident light beam.
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Information content of point radiance measurements in turbid media: implications for interstitial optical property quantificationLee C L Chin
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto M5G 2M9, Canada
Appl Opt 45:2101-14. 2006..It is expected that point radiance measurements will prove valuable for both on-line treatment planning of minimally invasive laser therapies and optical characterization of tissues...
- Determination of scattering volume fraction and particle size distribution in the superficial layer of a turbid medium by using diffuse reflectance spectroscopyYasser S Fawzy
Perceptronix Medical Incorporated, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Appl Opt 45:3902-12. 2006..These results suggest the potential of using this method for measuring the volume fraction changes of tissue microstructure scatterers and applications in the detection of cancerous related morphological and structural changes...
- Analytical light-scattering solution for Chebyshev particlesDmitriy Petrov
Astronomical Institute, V N Karazin Kharkov National University, 35 Sumskaya Street, Kharkov 61022, Ukraine
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1103-19. 2007..This, in particular, can provide rapid particle-size and refractive index averaging in a particle ensemble. This separation is useful for the derivation of an analytical light-scattering solution for Chebyshev particles...
- Implementation of a digital optical phase conjugation system and its application to study the robustness of turbidity suppression by phase conjugationMeng Cui
Department of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1200 E California Blvd, MC 136 93, CA, 91125, USA
Opt Express 18:3444-55. 2010....
- Evaluation of a commercially available human serum amyloid A (SAA) turbidimetric immunoassay for determination of feline SAA concentrationA E Hansen
Central Laboratory, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Vet Res Commun 30:863-72. 2006..In conclusion, the SAA concentration in cats could be measured reliably using the commercially available TIA designed for measuring human SAA, which should facilitate implementation of the parameter for routine diagnostic purposes...
- Diagnosis of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency: An algorithm of quantification, genotyping, and phenotypingMelissa R Snyder
Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 52:2236-42. 2006..The purpose of this study was to define and evaluate a strategy that provides reliable laboratory evaluation of A1AT deficiency...
- Determination of the required HLB values of some essential oilsLara O Orafidiya
Department of Pharmaceutics, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Int J Pharm 237:241-9. 2002..8, 12.1 and 12.3, respectively (P<0.05). Liquid paraffin was used as a reference standard and its required HLB fell within literature value...
- Accuracy of GFR predictive equations in renal transplantation: validation of a new turbidimetric cystatin C assay on Architect c8000A S Bargnoux
Department of Biochemistry, University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Clin Biochem 45:151-3. 2012..To evaluate the Sentinel-PETIA cystatin C on Architect c8000 analyzer...
- Performance evaluation of a particle-enhanced turbidimetric cystatin C assay on the Abbott ci8200 analyzerMats Flodin
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Pharmacology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Biochem 42:873-6. 2009..There is a need for cystatin C assays adapted to routine chemistry instrument to minimize turnaround times and allowing 24 h/day availability...
- Measurement of urinary cystatin C by particle-enhanced nephelometric immunoassay: precision, interferences, stability and reference rangeStefan Herget-Rosenthal
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Ann Clin Biochem 41:111-8. 2004..We evaluated the measurement of urinary cystatin C and determined its reference range...
- Heritability of clot formation, morphology, and lysis: the EuroCLOT studyAngela M Carter
Academic Unit of Molecular Vascular Medicine, The LIGHT Laboratories, University of Leeds Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2783-9. 2007....
- Imaging through turbid layers by scanning the phase conjugated second harmonic radiation from a nanoparticleChia Lung Hsieh
School of Engineering, EPFL, Station 17, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Opt Express 18:20723-31. 2010..An image is obtained by scanning the phase-conjugated focus through the turbid layer in a region around the nanoparticle. We obtain a clear image of the target by measuring the light transmitted through it when scanning the focused beam...
- Verification of measurement of the feline serum amyloid A (SAA) concentration by human SAA turbidimetric immunoassay and its clinical applicationTakashi Tamamoto
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 70:1247-52. 2008..Measurement of the SAA concentration, in addition to the WBC count, would be clinically valuable as a routine test to detect inflammation...
- Analytic and clinical validation of a standardized cystatin C particle enhanced turbidimetric assay (PETIA) to estimate glomerular filtration rateNikolay V Voskoboev
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:1591-6. 2012....
- Particle enhanced turbidimetric immunoassay for the determination of urine cystatin C on Cobas c501Azita Sohrabian
Section of Clinical Chemistry, Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Biochem 45:339-44. 2012..Urinary cystatin C has been reported to be a good marker for tubular damage and acute kidney injury. The aim of this study was to develop a high throughput assay for the quantification of urine cystatin C...
- Analytical performance evaluation of a particle-enhanced turbidimetric cystatin C assay on the Roche COBAS 6000 analyzerManuel Conde-Sánchez
U G C Laboratorio Clínico, Hospital Nuestra Señora de la Merced, Avda De la Constitución, 2 41640 Osuna, Seville, Spain
Clin Biochem 43:921-5. 2010..Cystatin C is a low molecular protein that has been proposed to estimate the glomerular filtration rate. Here we investigated the performance of the Roche cystatin C assay on the COBAS 6000 analyzer...
- Performance evaluation of a turbidimetric cystatin C assay on different high-throughput platformsLars Olof Hansson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 70:347-53. 2010..The goal with this study was to evaluate the analytical performance of a new cystatin C immunoassay (Tina-quant a Cystatin C, Roche Diagnostics GmbH). The evaluation was carried out at four centers according to a standardized protocol...
- Cystatin C is a reliable marker for estimation of glomerular filtration rate in renal transplantation: validation of a new turbidimetric assay using monospecific sheep antibodiesAnne Sophie Bargnoux
Department of Biochemistry, University of Montpellier 1, Montpellier, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:265-70. 2011..Analytical performance of this new assay was evaluated. Clinical relevance was determined by comparison with a reference method in a cohort of kidney transplant patients...
- Performance evaluation of a particle-enhanced turbidimetric cystatin C assay on the Hitachi 917 analyzerM Rabie Al-Turkmani
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, United States
Clin Chim Acta 398:75-7. 2008..Human cystatin C is a low molecular weight protein that has been proposed as a new endogenous marker of glomerular filtration rate. We investigated the performance of the Genzyme cystatin C assay on the Hitachi 917 analyzer...
- Turbidity suppression from the ballistic to the diffusive regime in biological tissues using optical phase conjugationEmily J McDowell
California Institute of Technology, Department of Bioengineering, 1200 East California Boulevard, Mail Code 136 93, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:025004. 2010..Our results describe the highest level of scattering that has been phase conjugated in biological tissues to date...
- Variations in assay protocol for the Dako cystatin C method may change patient results by 50% without changing the results for controlsMats Flodin
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:1481-5. 2006..Cystatin C is increasingly used as a glomerular filtration marker, but so far only a few companies produce most of the cystatin C reagents suited for turbidimetry or nephelometry use in clinical laboratories...
- An in vivo study of turbidity suppression by optical phase conjugation (TSOPC) on rabbit earMeng Cui
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Opt Express 18:25-30. 2010..The experimental findings address the minimum speed limit of a broad range of optical time reversal experiments for in vivo applications on tissues...
- Evaluation of the Dade Behring N Latex Cystatin C assay on the Dade Behring Nephelometer II SystemE J Erlandsen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Viborg County Hospital, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 59:1-8. 1999..The Passing-Bablok regression analysis revealed y = 1.105x - 0.340. In conclusion, the Dade Behring N Latex Cystatin C assay was precise and correlated with the Dako Cystatin C assay...
- Estimation of protein aggregation propensity with a melting point apparatusAndrei A Raibekas
Department of Pharmaceutics, Amgen, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Anal Biochem 380:331-2. 2008..The method could be employed for rapid evaluation of various factors such as mutations, buffers, and excipients influencing protein aggregation propensity under the thermal stress...
- Dynamic time-resolved diffuse spectroscopy based on supercontinuum light pulsesJohannes Swartling
ULTRAS INFM, IFN CNR, Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, P L da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milano, Italy
Appl Opt 44:4684-92. 2005..We also present the first in vivo real-time dynamic spectral measurements showing tissue oxygenation changes in the arm of a human subject...
- Imaging complex structures with diffuse lightSoren D Konecky
Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6396, USA
Opt Express 16:5048-60. 2008..Images were reconstructed using a fast image reconstruction algorithm based on an analytic solution to the inverse scattering problem for diffuse light...
- Reference ranges for plasma cystatin C and creatinine measurements in premature infants, neonates, and older childrenH Finney
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, St Bartholomew s and The Royal London, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Turner Street, London E1 2AD, UK
Arch Dis Child 82:71-5. 2000..To establish a reference range in the paediatric population for the new glomerular filtration rate (GFR) marker, cystatin C, and to compare it with that of creatinine...
- Three-dimensional localization and optical imaging of objects in turbid media with independent component analysisM Xu
Department of Physics, the Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, New York State Center of Advanced Technology for Ultrafast Photonic Materials and Applications, City College of New York, 10031, USA
Appl Opt 44:1889-97. 2005..The approach is applicable to different medium geometries, can be used with any suitable photon propagation model, and is amenable to near-real-time imaging applications...
- Latex immunoturbidimetric assay for soluble fibrin complexAkiei Hamano
Central Research Laboratory of Nissui Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Ibaraki 307 0036, Japan
Clin Chem 51:183-8. 2005..Its detection and quantification are useful for obtaining information about the condition and degree of intravascular coagulation in early-stage thrombosis, but there is no rapid method to measure SFC in plasma for clinical use...
- Experimental measurement of time-dependent photon scatter for diffuse optical tomographyNiksa Valim
Northeastern University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Dana Research Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:065006. 2010..Time-dependent Monte Carlo simulations and the time-resolved diffusion approximation are used to model photon propagation and are evaluated for agreement with experimental data...
- Changes in lactoferrin and lysozyme levels in human milk during the first twelve weeks of lactationP Montagne
GRIP, Immunology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Adv Exp Med Biol 501:241-7. 2001..89 g/L). The percentage of lysozyme vs. total protein was found to be always rising during lactation: colostrum, 2%; transitional milk, 2%; days 15 to 28, 2%; days 29 to 56, 3%; and days 57 to 84 mature milk, 8%...
- Real-time quantitative LAMP (loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNA) as a simple method for monitoring ammonia-oxidizing bacteriaYoshiteru Aoi
Department of Chemical Engineering, Waseda University, 3 4 1 Ohkubo, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 169 8555, Japan
J Biotechnol 125:484-91. 2006..Over results suggested that the real-time LAMP is effective for monitoring microorganisms and their gene expression in environments...
- Should the Schwartz formula for estimation of GFR be replaced by cystatin C formula?Guido Filler
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, K1H 8L1 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 18:981-5. 2003..In conclusion, the data suggest that this novel cystatin C-based GFR estimate shows significantly less bias and serves as a better estimate for GFR in children...
- Light scattering from collagen fiber networks: micro-optical properties of normal and neoplastic stromaDizem Arifler
Department of Physics, Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, Cyprus
Biophys J 92:3260-74. 2007..Characterization of optical signals obtained from epithelial tissues can aid in development of optical spectroscopic and imaging techniques for noninvasive monitoring of early neoplastic changes...
- UV-B-induced secondary conformational changes in lens alpha-crystallinS Y Lin
Department of Medical Research and Education, Veterans General Hospital Taipei, Taiwan
J Photochem Photobiol B 49:29-34. 1999..20% to 43.77%; and leave the random coil structure almost unaltered. The secondary conformation of alpha-crystallin changes gradually but evidently with its increase of turbidity during UV-B exposure...
- Discrepancies between qualitative and quantitative analysis of cerebrospinal fluid IgG: densitometric comparison of nephelometry-silver versus immuno-enzymesGeoffrey Keir
Department of Neuroinflammation, Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London WC1 N 3BG, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 45:404-8. 2008..Although there have been well-described problems with qualitative versus quantitative measurements of abnormal IgG, such as in myeloma paraproteins, similar difficulties are also found with CSF IgG...
- An immunoturbidimetric assay for rapid quantitative measurement of feline alpha-1-acid glycoprotein in serum and peritoneal fluidLaura M Bence
Division of Animal Production and Animal Health, Institute of Comparative Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Vet Clin Pathol 34:335-41. 2005..Currently AGP can be measured by radioimmunodiffusion (RID) assays, which are time consuming and difficult...
- Light scattering in brain slices measured with a photon counting fiber optic systemL Tao
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY, 10016, USA
J Neurosci Methods 101:19-29. 2000..A spectroscopic study with the PCFO system showed that the spectrum of tissue scattering was almost a flat function in most of the visible range (650-470 nm) with a maximum at 500 nm and a rapid drop at 450 nm...
- Fully automated time domain spectrometer for the absorption and scattering characterization of diffusive mediaAntonio Pifferi
ULTRAS CNR INFM and IFN CNR, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Rev Sci Instrum 78:053103. 2007..Finally, an example of application of the instrument to the spectroscopy of powders is presented...
- Modified two-flux approximation for identification of radiative properties of absorbing and scattering media from directional-hemispherical measurementsLeonid Dombrovsky
Institute for High Temperatures of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 111116 Moscow, Russia
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:91-8. 2006..Possible applications of the derived analytical solution to identification problems are discussed...
- Method for recovering quantitative broadband diffuse optical spectra from layered mediaAng Li
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, 92612, USA
Appl Opt 46:4828-33. 2007..In addition to spectra, the algorithm recovers the top layer thickness up to 12 mm within 10% error. It is insensitive to initial guesses of both layers' optical properties as long as the layer thickness initial guess is within +/-2 mm...
- Effective phase function for light scattered by bloodIoan Turcu
National Institute for Research and Development of Isotopic and Molecular Technologies, P O Box 700, RO 400293 Cluj Napoca, Romania
Appl Opt 45:639-47. 2006..The angular dispersion of the light scattered by blood can be approximately described by the same formula used to characterize the light scattered by a single cell but with an effective, hematocrit-dependent anisotropy parameter...
- Polarized light propagation in multiply scattering media exhibiting both linear birefringence and optical activity: Monte Carlo model and experimental methodologyMichael F G Wood
Ontario Cancer Institute, Division of Biophysics and Bioimaging, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biomed Opt 12:014029. 2007..Other scattering-independent polarization properties can be incorporated into the developed Jones N-matrix formalism, enabling quantification of the polarization effects via an accurate polarization-sensitive Monte Carlo model...
- Light scattering enhancement in an aqueous solution of spermine-induced fractal -aggregate compositeNorberto Micali
CNR, Istituto per i Processi Chimico Fisici, Sezione Messina, Via La Farina 237, I 98123 Messina, Italy
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 72:050401. 2005..Both the enhanced scattered intensity and the imaginary part of the polarizability of the system obey scaling laws with the optical spectral dimension d0=0.3...
- Velocity half-sphere model for multiple light scattering in turbid mediaS Menon
Intense Laser Physics Theory Unit and Department of Physics, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois 61790 4560, USA
Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys 72:041910. 2005..It differs significantly from the diffusion theory for short source-detector spacings. We derive an analytical solution for the two lowest-order velocity moments of the radiance...
- Scattering coefficient determination in turbid media with backscattered polarized lightFranck Jaillon
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon, 1 CNRS UMR 5012 CPE, Laboratoire de Resonance Magnetique Nucleaire, La Doua 3, rue Victor Grignard, 69616 Villeurbanne, France
J Biomed Opt 10:034016. 2005..8, it is found a linear relationship between the scattering coefficient mu s and the inverse of the maximum position of this function...
- Measurements of scattering changes using polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomographySang Won Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Yonsei University, 234, Maeji, Heungup, Wonju, Gangwon, Korea
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:3350-2. 2007..We have tested our hypothesis using Intralipid phantoms and successfully applied this technique for diagnosis of cervical interepithelial neoplasm (CIN)...
- Dispersion-based optical coherence tomography OCT measurement of mixture concentrationsSeyed Morteza Bagherzadeh
Division of Medical Physics, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Strasse 13, A 1090 Wien Austria
Opt Lett 32:2924-6. 2007..Results show errors between a few percent for high concentrations, up to 31% for low concentrations. The application of such a technique in OCT might require ultrahigh depth resolution and/or other scattered photon rejection techniques...
- Scaling property of the diffusion equation for light in a turbid medium with varying refractive indexMargarita L Shendeleva
Photonic Processes Department, Institute of Physics, Kiev, Ukraine
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:2902-10. 2007....
- Regularized image recovery in scattering mediaYoav Y Schechner
Department of Electrical Engineering, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 29:1655-60. 2007..Thus, this regularization does not blur close objects. We demonstrate the approach in atmospheric and underwater experiments, based on an automatic method for determining the medium transmittance...
- Simulations of light intensity variation in photobioreactorsIris Perner-Nochta
Institute of Engineering in Life Sciences, Universitat Karlsruhe TH, Karlsruhe D 76128, Germany
J Biotechnol 131:276-85. 2007..The simulations show the potential of improving radial flow in a tubular photobioreactor by means of using a static mixer and the usefulness of CFD and trajectory analysis for scale-down/scale-up...
- Miniaturized dynamic light scattering instrumentation for use in microfluidic applicationsThomas Q Chastek
Polymers Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 100 Bureau Drive Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899 8542, USA
Rev Sci Instrum 78:072201. 2007..Further capabilities include temperature control, demonstrated by identification of a critical micelle temperature of poly(ethylene oxide-b-propylene oxide-b-ethylene oxide), as well as multiangle DLS measurements...
- Determination of the optical properties of anisotropic biological media using an isotropic diffusion modelAlwin Kienle
Institut fur Lasertechnologien in der Medizin und Messtechnik, Helmholtzstrasse 12, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Biomed Opt 12:014026. 2007..Contrarily, the derived reduced scattering coefficient depends strongly on the measurement direction in both domains. Measurements of the steady-state and time-resolved reflectance from bovine tendon confirm the theoretical findings...
- Perturbation and differential Monte Carlo methods for measurement of optical properties in a layered epithelial tissue modelInSeok Seo
University of California, Irvine, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:014030. 2007..These results provide some guidance for the design of compact fiber-based probes to determine and isolate optical properties from both epithelial and stromal layers of superficial tissues...
- Evaluation of a fiberoptic-based system for measurement of optical properties in highly attenuating turbid mediaDivyesh Sharma
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Biomed Eng Online 5:49. 2006..The influence of collecting reflectance at the illumination fiber on estimation accuracy is also investigated...
- Diffuse light propagation in a turbid medium with varying refractive index: Monte Carlo modeling in a spherically symmetrical geometryMargarita L Shendeleva
Department of Photonic Processes, Institute of Physics, Kiev, Ukraine
Appl Opt 45:7018-25. 2006..In the latter case it is shown that the interplay between the absorption coefficient and the refractive index may create the effect of a hidden inclusion...
- Scaling method for fast Monte Carlo simulation of diffuse reflectance spectra from multilayered turbid mediaQuan Liu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, 136 Hudson Hall, Box 90281, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0281, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1011-25. 2007..3 to 1.4, the RMSE was less than 10%. The scaling method can reduce computation time by more than 2 orders of magnitude compared with independent Monte Carlo simulations...
- Angular measurements of light scattered by turbid chiral media using linear Stokes polarimeterXinxin Guo
Ontario Cancer Institute, Division of Biophysics and Bioimaging and University of Toronto, Department of Medical Biophysics, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biomed Opt 11:041105. 2006..Comparison measurements with optically inactive glycerol suggest that the refractive index matching effect, and not the chiral nature of the solute, dominates the observed optical rotation engendered by glucose in highly turbid media...
- Simultaneous extraction of optical transport parameters and intrinsic fluorescence of tissue mimicking model media using a spatially resolved fluorescence techniqueSharad Gupta
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Appl Opt 45:7529-37. 2006....
- Comparison of simplified Monte Carlo simulation and diffusion approximation for the fluorescence signal from phantoms with typical mouse tissue optical propertiesGuobin Ma
Advance Research Technologies, Incorporated ART, Canada
Appl Opt 46:1686-92. 2007..The difference in time characteristics of the signal is also examined...
- Precision of Raman depolarization and optical attenuation measurements of sound tooth enamelMichael G Sowa
Institute for Biodiagnostics, National Research Council Canada, 435 Ellice Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1Y6, Canada
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:1613-9. 2007..Such reliability is crucial for these techniques to have a practical clinical value...
- Determination of optical scattering properties in turbid media using Mueller matrix imagingBrent D Cameron
Department of Bioengineering, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606 3390, USA
J Biomed Opt 11:054031. 2006..Such methods may eventually lead to the development of improved diagnostic tools capable of characterizing and distinguishing between tissue abnormalities, such as superficial cancerous lesions from their benign counterparts...
- Time-domain Green functions for diffuse light in two adjoining turbid half-spacesMargarita L Shendeleva
Department of Photonic Processes, Institute of Physics, Ukraine
Appl Opt 46:1641-9. 2007..The influence of the optical parameters of the two media (diffusion coefficients, absorptions, and refractive indices) on the shapes of the contour lines of the specific intensity is analyzed...
- Determination of optical properties of human blood in the spectral range 250 to 1100 nm using Monte Carlo simulations with hematocrit-dependent effective scattering phase functionsMoritz Friebel
Laser und Medizin Technologie GmbH, Berlin, Germany
J Biomed Opt 11:34021. 2006..Moreover, the limitations of the Mie theory describing the optical properties of blood can be shown...
- Particle-sizing methods: a stationary-phase-based comparisonZeev Schiffer
Biophysical Interdisciplinary Jerome Schottenstein Center for the Research and the Technology of the Cellome, Department of Physics, University of Bar Ilan, Ramat Gan, Israel
Appl Opt 46:2209-18. 2007..Simulation and experimental results for both differential light scattering and microscope imaging of polystyrene beads are in good agreement with theory...
- Influence of the third-order parameter on diffuse reflectance at small source-detector separationsHuijuan Tian
College of Science, Key Laboratory of Opto electronics Information Technical Science, Ministry of Education, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
Opt Lett 31:933-5. 2006..As a result the influence of the second-order parameter y on the reflectance is irregular when the condition delta delta<<delta gamma is not satisfied...
- Noninvasive measurement of scattering anisotropy in turbid materials by nonnormal incident illuminationNeel Joshi
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0404, USA
Opt Lett 31:936-8. 2006..The proposed method is simpler than existing methods and does not rely on thin samples to produce reasonable results...
- Estimating optical properties in layered tissues by use of the Born approximation of the radiative transport equationArnold D Kim
School of Natural Science, University of California, Merced, P O Box 2039, Merced, California 95344, USA
Opt Lett 31:1088-90. 2006..We demonstrate the accuracy of this method by using spatially resolved reflectance data computed with Monte Carlo simulations...
- Inversion with early photonsGordon M Turner
Laboratory for Bio optics and Molecular Imaging, Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, CNY 149 13th Street 5406, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Med Phys 34:1405-11. 2007..We find that all methods perform adequately given appropriate regularization parameters, and that an experimentally measured photon weight function yields superior results over two approximate weights that have been previously used...
- Phase function measurements on nonspherical scatterers using a two-axis goniometerFlorian Klaus Forster
Institut fur Lasertechnologien in der Medizin und Messtechnik, Helmholtzstr 12, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Biomed Opt 11:024018. 2006..A multiple scattering configuration composed of two parallel cylinders is also examined. Finally, the phase function of dentin slabs is measured and its dependence on the dental microstructure is discussed...
- Monte Carlo simulation of time-dependent, transport-limited fluorescent boundary measurements in frequency domainTianshu Pan
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, MS BCM 360, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 34:1298-311. 2007..The Monte Carlo simulations validates and guides the future development of an appropriate RTE solver for deployment in small animal optical tomography...
- Effects of the surface boundary on the determination of the optical properties of a turbid medium with time-resolved reflectanceAurelie Laidevant
Département micro Technologies pour la Biologie et la Santé, Recherche Technologique Grenoble, Grenoble Cedex, France
Appl Opt 45:4756-64. 2006..The determination of optical properties underlines the continuity between the surface model and the infinite model and shows the depth at which the derived solutions can be applied...
- Quantitative modeling of laser speckle imagingPavel Zakharov
Department of Physics, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland
Opt Lett 31:3465-7. 2006..We present a refined processing scheme that allows a correct estimation of the relaxation time from LSI data...
- Random media characterization using the analysis of diffusing light data on the basis of an effective medium modelDmitry A Zimnyakov
Optics Department, Saratov State University, Russia
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:711-23. 2007..6 at 473 nm. This peculiarity is caused by the very large scattering efficiency of scatterers in the vicinity of the first Mie resonance...
- Time-resolved backscattering of circularly and linearly polarized light in a turbid mediumXiaohui Ni
Institute for Ultrafast Spectroscopy and Lasers, Department of Physics, City College of New York, Graduate School of the City University of New York, New York, New York 10031, USA
Opt Lett 29:2773-5. 2004....
- Evolutions of polarization and nonlinearities in an isotropic nonlinear mediumZhi Bo Liu
The Key Laboratory of Weak Light Nonlinear Photonics, Ministry of Education, Teda Applied Physics School, Nankai University, Tianjin 300457, China
Opt Express 16:8144-9. 2008..The numerical simulations based on two coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equations (NLSE) provide an excellent quantitative agreement with experimental results...
- Investigation of optical limiting in iron oxide nanoparticlesC P Singh
Laser Physics Application Division, Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore 452013 India
Opt Express 16:8440-50. 2008..Our observations further indicate that the dominant mechanism for the optical limiting in iron oxide nanoparticles is nonlinear scattering...
- Microring-resonator-based sensor measuring both the concentration and temperature of a solutionMin Suk Kwon
Department of Optical Engineering, Sejong University, 98 Gunja Dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 747, Korea
Opt Express 16:9372-7. 2008..Using polymers, conventional processes, and a polymer lift-off process, we implement the sensor. Through the measurement of the fabricated sensor, we obtain its characteristics of measuring the temperature and concentration...
- A method for studying insoluble immune complexesBoris N Khlebtsov
Institute of Biochemistry and Physiology of Plants and Microorganisms, Russian Academy of Sciences, 13 Pr Entuziastov, Saratov 410049, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1670:199-207. 2004..We have found that IICP can be modeled by incompact porous particles that contain about 30% of biopolymer substance and 70% of buffer...
- Nanogold catalysis-based immunoresonance-scattering spectral assay for trace complement component 3Zhiliang Jiang
Key Laboratory of New Processing Technology for Nonferrous Metals and Materials of Education Ministry, Department of Material and Chemical Engineering, Guilin University of Technology, Guilin, China
Clin Chem 54:116-23. 2008..Complement component 3 (C3) is an essential bridge linking innate immunity and adaptive immunity. We describe an immunonanogold catalytic resonance-scattering (RS) technique for assaying C3 in serum...
- Optical properties of internally mixed ammonium sulfate and soot particles--a study of individual aerosol particles and ambient aerosol populationsAnnette Worringen
Department of Biogeochemistry, Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, P O Box 3060, 55020 Mainz, Germany
Appl Opt 47:3835-45. 2008..For the total aerosol population, the size distribution and the absolute soot content had the largest influence. The exact geometry of the ammonium sulfate and soot-mixed particles can be neglected...
- Single-scattering spectroscopy for the endoscopic analysis of particle size in superficial layers of turbid mediaArjen Amelink
Erasmus MC, P O Box 5201, 3008 AE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Appl Opt 42:4095-101. 2003..Several tissue phantoms demonstrated our fiber-optic probes sensitivity to light scattering from superficial layers of tissue and thereby its potential to detect superficial precancerous epithelial lesions...
- Finding the field transfer matrix of scattering mediaThomas Kohlgraf-Owens
CREOL and FPCE, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
Opt Express 16:13225-32. 2008..Experimental results demonstrate the ability of our procedure to correctly measure field transfer matrices and use them to recover the polarization state of incident illumination...
- Optical turbulence parameters characterized via optical measurements over a 2.33 km free-space laser pathArnold Tunick
US Army Research Laboratory, Adelphi, MD 20783, USA
Opt Express 16:14645-54. 2008..As a result, we found that an earlier calculation algorithm based on analysis of log-amplitude intensity variance was the best estimator of optical turbulence parameters over the propagation path considered...
- Comparative evaluation of two simple diffuse reflectance models for biological tissue applicationsGeorge Zonios
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Ioannina, 45110 Ioannina, Greece
Appl Opt 47:4965-73. 2008..We show that both models are suitable for use with an optical fiber probe and illustrate the potential, applicability, and validity range of the models...
- Evaluation of an improved immunoturbidimetic assay for serum C-reactive protein on a COBAS INTEGRA 400 AnalyzerAngela Sanchez
Laboratorio de Bioquimica, Hospital de Txagorritxu, Vitoria, Spain
Clin Lab 48:313-7. 2002..We conclude that this CRP assay offers to the clinical laboratory an efficient and reliable alternative tohigh sensitivity immunoassays in the new CRP applications...
- Electric field Monte Carlo simulation of coherent backscattering of polarized light by a turbid medium containing Mie scatterersJohn Sawicki
Fairfield University, 1073 North Benson Road, Fairfield, CT 06824, USA
Opt Express 16:5728-38. 2008..Coherent backscattering of linearly and circularly polarized light by a turbid medium containing Mie scatterers is then investigated using this method...
- Imaging through a scattering medium with an interferential spectrometer by selection of an amplitude modulation correlatorK Ben Houcine
Laboratoire Traitement du Signal et Instrumentation, Unite Mixte de Recherche, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Batiment F, 10 Rue Barrouin, 42000 Saint Etienne, France
Opt Lett 29:2908-10. 2004..The performance of two particular imaging systems, point-to-point and vertical-slice imaging, is discussed with an object comprising two cover plates that are attached...
- Integral equations of the photon fluence rate and flux based on a generalized Delta-Eddington phase functionWenxiang Cong
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Biomedical Imaging Division, School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, 1880 Pratt Drive, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:024016. 2008..By comparing to the Monte Carlo simulation results, the solutions of the system of integral equations accurately model the photon propagation in biological tissue over a wide range of optical parameters...
- High sensitivity gas spectroscopy of porous, highly scattering solidsTomas Svensson
Department of Physics, Lund University, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Opt Lett 33:80-2. 2008..The great value of the approach is illustrated in an application addressing structural properties of pharmaceutical materials...
- Determination of optical properties of superficial volumes of layered tissue phantomsSheng Hao Tseng
Johnson and Johnson Consumer and Personal Products Worldwide, Skillman, NJ 08558, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:335-9. 2008..6 mm source-detector separation diffusing probe when this layer thickness is as thin as 1 mm. Monte Carlo simulations illustrate that the interrogation depth can be further decreased by shortening the source-detector separation...
- Subsurface probing in diffusely scattering media using spatially offset Raman spectroscopyP Matousek
Central Laser Facility, CCLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX, United Kingdom
Appl Spectrosc 59:393-400. 2005....
- P(N) approximation for frequency-domain measurements in scattering mediaGregory W Faris
Molecular Physics Laboratory, SRI International, Menlo Park, California 94025 3493, USA
Appl Opt 44:2058-71. 2005..2. P(N) calculations are used to assess the magnitude of errors associated with the P1 and P3 approximations over a range of scattering albedo, phase function, and modulation frequency...
- Finite-difference time-domain solution of light scattering by an infinite dielectric column immersed in an absorbing mediumWenbo Sun
Center for Atmospheric Sciences, Hampton University, Hampton, Virginia 23668, USA
Appl Opt 44:1977-83. 2005..The errors in the scattering phase functions are typically smaller than approximately 4%. With the 2-D UPML FDTD technique, light scattering and absorption by long noncircular columns embedded in absorbing media can be accurately solved...
- Theory of light propagation incorporating scattering and absorption in turbid mediaLi Yang
Department of Science and Technology, Linkoping University, S 601 74 Norrköping, Sweden
Opt Lett 30:792-4. 2005..Experimental results obtained for dyed-paper systems illuminated by diffuse light are demonstrated to be qualitatively and quantitatively reproduced by the theory...
- [Selected markers of subclinical renal damage in men occupationally exposed to mercury vapours]Jan Rutowski
Specjalistyczny Szpital im E Szczeklika w Tamowie
Przegl Lek 63:65-73. 2006....
- Can the inflammation markers of patients with high peritoneal permeability on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis be reduced on nocturnal intermittent peritoneal dialysis?Alfonso M Cueto-Manzano
Unidad de Investigación Medica en Epidemiología Clinical and Departamento de Nefrología UMAE Hospital de Especialidades, CMNO Guadalajara, Mexico
Perit Dial Int 26:341-8. 2006....
- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated autoimmune diseases induced by antithyroid drugs: comparison with idiopathic ANCA vasculitidesBranka Bonaci-Nikolic
Institute of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arthritis Res Ther 7:R1072-81. 2005..Different serological profiles could help in the differential diagnosis and adequate therapeutic approach to ANCA-positive ATD-treated patients with symptoms of systemic disease...
- Treatment failure related to intrathecal immunoglobulin M (IgM) synthesis, cerebrospinal fluid IgM, and interleukin-10 in patients with hemolymphatic-stage sleeping sicknessVeerle Lejon
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, Nationalestraat 155, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:732-7. 2007..This highlights the need for the development and the evaluation of accurate point-of-care tests for the staging of human African trypanosomiasis...
- Optimized conditions for MDCK permeability and turbidimetric solubility studies using compounds representative of BCS classes I-IVMitchell E Taub
Novo Nordisk A S, Department of Drug Metabolism, Novo Nordisk Park, DK 2760 Maaloev, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Sci 15:331-40. 2002..e., a pH gradient (6.0 AP/7.4 BL), sodium taurocholate (5 mM, AP), and bovine serum albumin (0.25%, BL), was shown to generate more reliable P(app) values for compounds that are poorly soluble and/or highly protein bound...
- IgG1,IgG2 and IgE intrathecal synthesis in Angiostrongylus cantonensis meningoencephalitisAlberto Juan Dorta-Contreras
Laboratorio Central de Líquido Cefalorraquídeo LABCEL, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas Dr Miguel Enriquez, Calle Ramón Pintó No 202 Luyanó Ciudad Habana CP10700, Cuba
J Neurol Sci 238:65-70. 2005..Angiostrongylus cantonensis meningoencephalitis is an emergent zoonotic disease in the Caribbean basin, characterized by the presence of eosinophils and third stage larva of the helmint...
- Modulation of Cardiac Mechanics in AL AmyloidosisTheodore Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this research is to better understand the factors that influence the development of cardiac dysfunction in AL with the aim of optimizing treatment strategies to improve clinical outcomes in AL patients. ..
- Exercise, Pollution, and Neutrophils in Pediatric AsthmaCHRISTINA DANELL SCHWINDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, the candidate's career development will be overseen by the project co-mentors and a distinguished advisory committee consisting of immunologists, exercise physiologists, and biostatisticians. ..
- Nanoparticle-Based Optical Sensor for Glucose MonitoringRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Immune Responsiveness, APOE/Gender in NeurodegenerationCarol Colton; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, we will examine the role of hormones in the regulation of microglial and peritoneal macrophage immune activation in mice expressing only human apoE3 protein or expressing only human apoE4 protein. ..
- COLLABORATIVE OCULAR MELANOMA STUDYAndrew Vine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Michigan CenterMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Microglial ActivationCarol Colton; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Lawrence Latino Diabetes Prevention ProjectIra Ockene; Fiscal Year: 2007..All assessments will be oral, and delivered in either Spanish or English. The study will be a collaborative effort between the UMass Medical School, the GLFHC, and the research laboratories at UMass-Lowell. ..
- 5-Day Fiber-Coupled Sensor Interstitial GlucoseRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe the proposed sensor can provide a solution for short-term (3-5 days) continuous monitoring that will be accurate, reliable, and convenient for patient use. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bile acid conjugates for improving the oral bioavailability of bisphosphonatesPHILLIP KISH; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Pathophysiology of anti-B2GPI Antibodies in APSALISA WOLBERG; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is expected that these proposed studies will contribute to a fundamental understanding of pathogenic mechanisms for thrombosis in APS and lead to future investigations addressing therapeutic interventions in APS. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pre-clinical Feasibility Study of Tissue Oxygenation ImagerDavid Cuccia; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this work will provide essential design for building a dedicated prototype imaging oximeter system for evaluating clinical wounds in Phase II. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gabapentin as an Adjunct to Naltrexone for AlcoholismRaymond Anton; Fiscal Year: 2006..This evaluation of a novel treatment will allow us to better understand combined pharmacotherapy and develop a new paradigm for medications development for alcoholism. ..
- Mouse Modeling Techniques for Bioluminescence TomographyWenxiang Cong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitative Optical Imaging of Cortical Hemodynamics in Animal ModelsDavid Cuccia; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Continuation of Dialysis Access Consortium Clinical TrialsJonathan Himmelfarb; Fiscal Year: 2007..The health care cost o maintaining adequate vascular access should also decrease from its current rate of over one billion dollars per year. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Genetic Determinants of C-Reactive ProteinJACQUELINE DANIK; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the end of the proposed research program, Dr. Suk will have attained advanced skills in genetics and epidemiology which can then be applied to independent research in genetic epidemiology and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Droplet Cell Array AssaysGREGORY FARIS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Elucidating the Kidney's Role in Cardiovascular RiskMichael Shlipak; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- SYSTEMS TO ENHANCE PROVIDER COUNSELING IN HYPERLIPIDEMIAIra Ockene; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Models for Screening Intestinal Transporter ProdrugsPHILLIP KISH; Fiscal Year: 2002..This screening system is expected to provide the basis for future intestinal transporter screens to aid drug development. ..
- IMPROVING ADHERENCE TO PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMENTIra Ockene; Fiscal Year: 2003..Proportion of selected non-lipid-lowering prescribed medication taken by patients as measured by CMA; and 3. Percentage of patients with an LDL level <130 mg per dl ..
- Cross-linked Polymer Micelles in Cancer TherapyTatiana K Bronich; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is anticipated that these studies will lead to the design of new formulation of cisplatin for improved cancer treatment. ..
- Upconverting Chelates for Cancer Detection and DiagnosisGREGORY FARIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..This work will combine the efforts of optical physicists, chemists, immunologists, a cancer biologist, and a pathologist. ..
- Molecular Risk Factors for Age-Related MaculopathyDebra Schaumberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Conjugate Carriers for Delivery of Anthrax DNA VaccinePHILLIP KISH; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Children's exposures/health effects/diesel exhaustLEE JANE LIU; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide critical missing information relating reductions in diesel emissions directly to reductions in exposures and health effects. ..
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ADVANCES IN OPTICS FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY, MEDICINEVasilis Ntziachristos; Fiscal Year: 2005..Aim 4: To promote interaction between the invited scientists and participating students, to support education and understanding of the multi-disciplinary field of bio-optics and associated applications and to enable collaborations. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- Heart Failure Incidence and Progression in Renal DiseaseMichael Shlipak; Fiscal Year: 2008..In persons with established heart failure and CRI, the combination of proBNP, hsCRP, and troponin-T may be optimal for risk stratification and informing long-term prognosis. ..
- Polymer-Surfactant Therapy in Rat Models of ARDSHWILLIAM TAEUSCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall this project will not only develop a promising new therapy of ALI/ARDS, but will also foster basic understanding of mechanisms of surfactant inhibition and ways to overcome it. ..
- Lipoproteins, HIV, and Antiretroviral Therapy in SMARTDaniel Duprez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal will produce additional information that will enhance their disease-free survival rate. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fluorescence Sensor Probe for Transcutaneous Glucose SensingRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall result will be a healthier life for people with diabetes and lower medical costs for diabetes care for the society. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Determinants of C-Reactive ProteinIra Ockene; Fiscal Year: 2005..PRIMARY HYPOTHESIS: BMI will be the strongest predictor of hs-CRP. SECONDARY HYPOTHESES: Dietary glycemic load, omega 3 fatty acid intake, and depression will be secondary determinants of hs-CRP. ..
- Pressure-enhanced near-infrared breast cancer imagingShudong Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- FREQUENCY DOMAIN LIFETIME SPECTROSCOPY AND IMAGINGEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our work focuses on Con A/Dextran moieties for diabetic glucose sensing. ..
- NOVEL SEROTHERAPY STRATEGIES--PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCIESSTEVEN TREON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Analogous to our work with Muc-1, we will also attempt to identify other PCD selective targets by generating and examining mAbs specific to the plasma cell glycoform of CD138. ..
- Sensitive, Rapid Bioassay using Upconverting ChelatesGREGORY FARIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work will combine the efforts of optical physicists, chemists, immunologists, and a virologist. ..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..
- Regulation of neuronal NO by apolipoprotein ECarol Colton; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Characterizing Tissue Development Under Biaxial LoadingAlvin Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2006..This novel experimental platform will form the basis for novel and innovative studies in mechanobiology. ..
- Renal Failure in Non-Myeloablative Stem Cell TransplantChirag Parikh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Optical labeling of tumor boundariesGREGORY FARIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The technique would also be of value for imaging thrombi. ..
- Bile acid conjugates to improve the oral bioavailability of anti-influenza drugsPHILLIP KISH; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is especially important in the treatment of highly contagious respiratory viruses, such as the influenza virus. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Technology Development in Optical Coherence TomographyEmily McDowell; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hybrid optical-ultrasound scanner for cancer imagingVasilis Ntziachristos; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Prevention/Alcohol Treatment in a Russian TB SampleMichael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is hoped that these programs can reduce the spread of HIV infection and TB in Russia and neighboring countries. ..
- Inflammation and Infection as Risk Factors in StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2006..Nationally recognized experts in stroke epidemiology and basic vascular biology will serve as mentors for these studies. ..
- Inflammatory and Infectious Burden and Risk of StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2008..The cross-sectional associations between inflammatory and infectious markers and quantitative MRI abnormalities will also be assessed. ..
- Levels of Inflammatory Markers in Treatment of StrokeMitchell Elkind; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Small animal fluorescence enhanced optical tomographyEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, this project will provide the first validation of optical tomography in a preclinical model of metastatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FREQUENCY DOMAIN LIFETIME SPECTROSCOPY AND IMAGINGEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our work focuses on Con A/Dextran moieties for diabetic glucose sensing. ..
- Opiod Addiction in Primary Care Chronic Pain PatientsMichael Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2002..Summary: This would be the first large prevalence survey conducted in the US health care system to assess rates of addiction in a primary care chronic pain population. ..