- Calibration of the calcium dissociation constant of Rhod(2)in the perfused mouse heart using manganese quenching
NSF Center for Light Microscope Imaging and Biotechnology, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cell Calcium 29:217-27. 2001
..This is in good agreement with values obtained by calibration of fluorescence values with a calcium saturation tetanization procedure in the same perfused mouse heart model...
- A fluorometric assay for detection of lysyl oxidase enzyme activity in biological samples
Amitha H Palamakumbura
Division of Oral Biology, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, 100 East Newton Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Anal Biochem 300:245-51. 2002
..This method eliminates the interference that occurs in some biological samples and can be successfully used to detect lysyl oxidase activity in cell culture experiments...
- The use of differential scanning fluorimetry to detect ligand interactions that promote protein stability
Frank H Niesen
Structural Genomics Consortium, Botnar Research Centre, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Nat Protoc 2:2212-21. 2007
..Results can be obtained in a single day...
- Chlorophyll fluorescence analysis of cyanobacterial photosynthesis and acclimation
Department of Biology, Mount Allison University, Sackville, New Brunswick E4L 1G7, Canada
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 62:667-83. 1998
..Finally, fluorescence parameters can be used to estimate the electron transport rate at the acclimated growth light intensity...
- A biochemical fluorometric method for assessing the oxidative properties of HDL
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Lipid Res 52:2341-51. 2011
..This new fluorometric method offers an inexpensive, accurate, and rapid means for determining the oxidative properties of HDL that is applicable to large-scale clinical studies...
- State-dependent cAMP binding to functioning HCN channels studied by patch-clamp fluorometry
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Biophys J 100:1226-32. 2011
..HCN) channel by simultaneously recording channel opening and ligand binding, using the patch-clamp fluorometry technique with a unique fluorescent cAMP analog that fluoresces strongly in the hydrophobic binding pocket and ..
- Optimization of variable fluorescence measurements of phytoplankton communities with cyanobacteria
Stefan G H Simis
Finnish Environment Institute SYKE, Marine Research Centre, Erik Palménin aukio 1, 00560 Helsinki, Finland
Photosynth Res 112:13-30. 2012
- Interdependence of receptor activation and ligand binding in HCN2 pacemaker channels
Institut fur Physiologie II, Universitatsklinikum Jena, Jena, Germany
Neuron 67:75-85. 2010
..Using patch-clamp fluorometry and a fluorescent cAMP analog, we show that full ligand-induced activation appears already with only two ..
- A rapid direct fluorescent assay for cell-free DNA quantification in biological fluids
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Ann Clin Biochem 46:488-94. 2009
..Owing to the complex and expensive methodology, detection of CFD has hitherto been confined to research laboratories. This study presents a simple, inexpensive and accurate test for CFD...
- Fitting light saturation curves measured using modulated fluorometry
Raymond J Ritchie
School of Biological Sciences A 08, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Photosynth Res 96:201-15. 2008
..The kinetics of NPQ does not appear to be related to the kinetics of Phi(PSII) or rETR...
- Simultaneous multiple target detection in real-time loop-mediated isothermal amplification
Nathan A Tanner
New England Biolabs, Ipswich, MA, USA
Biotechniques 53:81-9. 2012
..The coupling of this new multiplex technique with next generation isothermal DNA polymerases should increase the utility of the LAMP method for molecular diagnostics...
- Confounding experimental considerations in nanogenotoxicology
S H Doak
Institute of Life Science, Swansea University, Wales, UK
Mutagenesis 24:285-93. 2009
..Thus, highlighting some of the potential confounding factors that need to be considered in order to ensure that in vitro genotoxicity assays report true biological impacts in response to nanomaterial exposure...
- Dynamics of Ca2+-calmodulin-dependent inhibition of rod cyclic nucleotide-gated channels measured by patch-clamp fluorometry
Matthew C Trudeau
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, Box 357290, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7290, USA
J Gen Physiol 124:211-23. 2004
..This motion occurs with the same time course as channel inhibition, consistent with the notion that rearrangement of the NH(2)- and COOH-terminal regions underlies Ca(2+)/CaM-dependent inhibition...
- Seasonal and diel changes in photosynthetic activity of the snow alga Chlamydomonas nivalis (Chlorophyceae) from Svalbard determined by pulse amplitude modulation fluorometry
Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice, Czechia
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 59:265-73. 2007
..Photosynthetic activity was measured using pulse amplitude modulation fluorometry. Three types of cell (green biflagellate vegetative cells, orange spores clustered by means of mucilaginous ..
- Interaction of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase σ70 subunit with promoter elements in the context of free σ70, RNA polymerase holoenzyme, and the β'-σ70 complex
Waksman Institute of Microbiology, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 286:270-9. 2011
..The new fluorescent assay, which we call a protein beacon assay, will be instrumental in quantitative dissection of fine details of RNAP interactions with promoters...
- Interaction of beta-lactoglobulin with small hydrophobic ligands as monitored by fluorometry and equilibrium dialysis: nonlinear quenching effects related to protein--protein association
Agrotechnological Research Institute ATO, Wageningen University and Research Center, P.O. Box 17, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 49:2609-18. 2001
..The bindings of several small ligands as detected by fluorometry and equilibrium dialysis were compared...
- Differential scanning fluorometry signatures as indicators of enzyme inhibitor mode of action: case study of glutathione S-transferase
Wendy A Lea
NIH Chemical Genomics Center, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e36219. 2012
Differential scanning fluorometry (DSF), also referred to as fluorescence thermal shift, is emerging as a convenient method to evaluate the stabilizing effect of small molecules on proteins of interest...
- Modeling and design of micromachined optical Söller collimators for lensless CCD-based fluorometry
University of Maryland College Park UMCP, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Analyst 137:5011-7. 2012
..In this paper, we describe the optical principle for designing these Söller collimators for lensfree CCD-based fluorometry. The illuminating surface was modeled as a collection of differential areas emitting uniformly and spherically, ..
- PicoGmeter, a custom-made fluorometer for the quantification of dsDNA by PicoGreen fluorescence
Geoffrey G Schofield
Department of Physiology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Biotechniques 37:778-80, 782. 2004
..This simple, inexpensive, battery-operated fluorometer will allow investigators to employ the PicoGreen method without incurring the cost of purchasing a spectrofluorometer...
- Autofluorescence method to measure macular pigment optical densities fluorometry and autofluorescence imaging
Francois C Delori
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 430:156-62. 2004
..The method is implemented either by fluorometry of lipofuscin to yield the optical density of the macular pigment in a 2 degrees diameter central area, or by ..
- Time-resolved fluorometry PCR assay for rapid detection of herpes simplex virus in cerebrospinal fluid
Department of Virology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
J Clin Microbiol 38:3214-8. 2000
We have introduced a time-resolved fluorometry (TRF)-based microwell hybridization assay for PCR products in detection of herpes simplex virus (HSV) in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) specimens...
- An immunoassay for the pathological form of the prion protein based on denaturation and time resolved fluorometry
Reza H Dabaghian
Virus Reference Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, 61 Colindale Avenue, London NW9 5HT, UK
J Virol Methods 132:85-91. 2006
..The assay has a detection limit of 10 pg PrP, is robust and could be automated...
- Comparison by PAM fluorometry of photosynthetic activity of nine marine phytoplankton grown under identical conditions
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
Photochem Photobiol 81:649-53. 2005
- PAM fluorometry as a tool to assess microalgal nutrient stress and monitor cellular neutral lipids
Institute of Water and Wastewater Research, Durban University of Technology, P O Box 1334, Durban 4000, South Africa
Bioresour Technol 102:1675-82. 2011
This study investigated the use of Pulse Amplitude Modulated (PAM) fluorometry to measure nutrient induced physiological stress and subsequent synthesis of cellular neutral lipids. A freshwater Chlorella sp...
- Study on the subgel-phase formation using an asymmetric phospholipid bilayer membrane by high-pressure fluorometry
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Langmuir 28:12191-8. 2012
..Taking into account the fluorescence behavior of Prodan for the L(c) phase, we concluded that the structure of the L(c) phase is highly probably a staggered structure, which can transform into the L(c)I phase easily...
- A coupled equilibrium approach to study nucleosome thermodynamics
Andrew J Andrews
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Methods Enzymol 488:265-85. 2011
..This method will be useful for examining the impact of DNA sequence, histone variants, and posttranslational modifications on nucleosome thermodynamics...
- Fluorometric measurements of conformational changes in glutamate transporters
H Peter Larsson
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3951-6. 2004
..In the present study, we used voltage-clamp fluorometry to measure conformational changes in the neuronal excitatory amino acid transporter (EAAT) 3 glutamate ..
- Intra-leaf gradients of photoinhibition induced by different color lights: implications for the dual mechanisms of photoinhibition and for the application of conventional chlorophyll fluorometers
Plant Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
New Phytol 191:146-59. 2011
- Analysis of intracellular oxygen and metabolic responses of mammalian cells by time-resolved fluorometry
Alexander V Zhdanov
Luxcel Biosciences Ltd, BioInnovation Centre, UCC, Cork, Ireland
Anal Chem 79:9414-9. 2007
..The assay provides relevant, information-rich data on cellular function and metabolism. It allows monitoring of small, rapid, and transient changes in cell respiration and screening of new chemical entities...
- Green light drives leaf photosynthesis more efficiently than red light in strong white light: revisiting the enigmatic question of why leaves are green
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 50:684-97. 2009
..We also discuss some serious problems that are caused by neglecting these intra-leaf profiles when estimating whole leaf electron transport rates and assessing photoinhibition by fluorescence techniques...
- Application of fluorescent protein-tagged trans factors and immobilized cis elements to monitoring of toxic metals based on in vitro protein-DNA interactions
Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, 350 Minemachi, Utsunomiya 321 8505, Japan
Biosens Bioelectron 26:1466-73. 2010
..This is the first demonstration of a simple and rapid fluorometry to detect analytes based on in vitro interaction between a cis element and a trans factor.
- Illuminating the structure and function of Cys-loop receptors
Stephan A Pless
School of Biomedical Sciences and Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 35:1137-42. 2008
..Voltage-clamp fluorometry helps overcome this problem by simultaneously monitoring movements at the channel gate (through changes in ..
- Monitoring mitochondrial electron fluxes using NAD(P)H-flavoprotein fluorometry reveals complex action of isoflurane on cardiomyocytes
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:1749-58. 2010
..The NAD(P)H-FP fluorometry is a useful method for exploring the effect of drugs on mitochondria and identifying their specific sites of ..
- Investigation of the micellar properties of the tocopheryl polyethylene glycol succinate surfactants TPGS 400 and TPGS 1000 by steady state fluorometry
Physics Department, St John s University, 8000, Utopia Parkway, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
J Colloid Interface Sci 333:585-9. 2009
- Simultaneous determination of carvedilol and ampicillin sodium by first-derivative fluorometry in the presence of human serum albumin
Huai You Wang
College of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Shandong Normal University, Jinan 250014, People s Republic of China
Anal Sci 21:537-40. 2005
..The recoveries of carvedilol and AS were measured. This method is simple and can be used for the determination of carvedilol and AS in human serum and urine samples with satisfactory results...
- Diagnosis of enterovirus and rhinovirus infections by RT-PCR and time-resolved fluorometry with lanthanide chelate labeled probes
Department of Virology, Medical School and University Hospital of Tampere University, Tampere, Finland
J Med Virol 59:378-84. 1999
..probes carrying lanthanide chelate labels, which can be detected simultaneously by time-resolved fluorometry. The sensitivity and specificity of the RT-PCR-hybridization method were evaluated with a representative ..
- Voltage-dependent conformational changes in human Ca(2+)- and voltage-activated K(+) channel, revealed by voltage-clamp fluorometry
Departments of Anesthesiology Division of Molecular Medicine, Brain Research Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:12619-24. 2006
..By site-directed fluorescent labeling of residues in the S3-S4 region and by using voltage clamp fluorometry, we have resolved the conformational changes the channel undergoes during activation...
- Results from the "Technical workshop on genotoxicity biosensing" on the micro-scale fluorometric assay of deoxyribonucleic acid unwinding
Radiation Biology, Institute for Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Research Center DLR Köln, Linder Hohe, 51147 Köln, Germany
Anal Chim Acta 593:75-81. 2007
..As an inter-assay standard the action of hydrogen peroxide was tested in every test plate. The results demonstrate that the micro-FADU assay is suitable to detect the presence of chemically induced strand breaks within 3 h...
- Higher serum prolyl endopeptidase activity in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder
Clinical Research Center for Mental Health, Antwerp, Belgium
J Affect Disord 53:27-34. 1999
..4.21.26), a cytosolic endopeptidase, which cleaves peptide bonds on the carboxylside of proline in proteins of relatively small molecular mass...
- Time-resolved fluorometry based sandwich hybridisation assay for HLA-DQA1 typing
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Finland
Dis Markers 14:9-19. 1998
..A series of whole blood spot samples were also studied and the results confirmed the applicability of this modification of the test...
- A direct demonstration of closed-state inactivation of K+ channels at low pH
Thomas W Claydon
Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology, and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Gen Physiol 129:437-55. 2007
- Simultaneous direct determination of amiloride and triamterene in urine using isopotential fluorometry
J A Pulgarín
Department of Analytical Chemistry and Food Technology, University of Castilla La Mancha, Ciudad Real, E 13071, Spain
Anal Biochem 292:59-68. 2001
..The limit of detection calculated according to Clayton who uses error propagation throughout the calibration curve and a noncentralized security factor was 16.8 and 2.4 ng mL(-1) for amiloride and triamterene, respectively...
- Cumulative glycaemia as measured by lens fluorometry: association with retinopathy in type 2 diabetes
I C Munch
Department of Ophthalmology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Nordre Ringvej 59, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Diabetologia 54:757-61. 2011
The aim of this study was to assess the association between lifelong cumulative glycaemia estimated by lens fluorometry and the presence of retinopathy in individuals with type 2 diabetes.
- Time-resolved sperm responses to an egg peptide measured by stopped-flow fluorometry
, , Cuernavaca, Morelos, 62250,
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:531-5. 2001
Speract, a decapeptide from sea urchin egg jelly, induces various sperm responses. Stopped-flow fluorometry was used to examine the binding of labeled speract and the intracellular changes in pH (pH(i)) and Ca2+ ([Ca2+]i) it induces in ..
- The voltage-clamp fluorometry technique
Chris S Gandhi
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 491:213-31. 2008
..Here we describe the optical technique voltage-clamp fluorometry (VCF) which is used to monitor the functional state and probe the structural rearrangements that take place as ..
- Comparison of Cd, Cu, and Zn toxic effects on four marine phytoplankton by pulse-amplitude-modulated fluorometry
Ai Jun Miao
Department of Biology, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Environ Toxicol Chem 24:2603-11. 2005
..For all the algae examined in our study, the bioaccumulation potentials of Cu and Zn were similar to each other, while the Cd bioaccumulation was much lower under environmentally realistic metal concentration...
- Estimation of chlorophyll content and daily primary production of the major algal groups by means of multiwavelength-excitation PAM chlorophyll fluorometry: performance and methodological limits
Biology I Plant Physiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Photosynth Res 83:343-61. 2005
..While this aspect presently limits the application of PAM fluorometry in limnology, this limitation may be overcome by future technical progress in the detection of dynamic changes ..
- Hydrophilic labeling reagents of dipyrrylmethene-BF2 dyes for two-photon excited fluorometry: syntheses and photophysical characterization
Niko J Meltola
Laboratory of Biophysics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, PO Box 123, 20521 Turku, Finland
J Fluoresc 14:635-47. 2004
..The results suggest that the novel dipyrrylmethene-BF2 labels are highly applicable to bioaffinity assays based on two-photon excitation of fluorescence...
- Determination and bioimaging method for nitric oxide in biological specimens by diaminofluorescein fluorometry
Research Laboratories, Nippon Shinyaku Co, Ltd, Nishiohji Hachijo Minami ku, Kyoto, 601, Japan
Anal Biochem 287:203-9. 2000
..Therefore, the present novel diaminofluorescein fluorometry should be useful not only for sensitive NO assay, but also for NO imaging in a variety of biological specimens.
- A continuous fluorescent assay for the determination of plasma and tissue angiotensin I-converting enzyme activity
M F Alves
Departamento de Biofisica, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:861-8. 2005
..5 microM lisinopril or captopril. The advantages of the method are the procedural simplicity and the high sensitivity providing a rapid assay for ACE determinations...
- Conformational dynamics of the Na+/K+-ATPase probed by voltage clamp fluorometry
Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Kennedyallee 70, D 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:964-9. 2003
The method of voltage clamp fluorometry combined with site-directed fluorescence labeling was used to detect local protein motions of the fully active Na(+)K(+)-ATPase in real time under physiological conditions...
- High-throughput genetic analysis using time-resolved fluorometry and closed-tube detection
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Tykistokatu 6A, 6th Floor, 20520 Turku, Finland
Anal Biochem 299:211-7. 2001
..Throughput can be maximized by using predried PCR mixtures that are stable for at least 6 months. This homogenous, all-in-one dry reagent assay chemistry permits cost-effective genetic screening on a large scale...
- Fluorometric analysis of DNA unwinding (FADU) as a method for detecting repair-induced DNA strand breaks in UV-irradiated mammalian cells
Project Group Human Radiation Risk, Institute of Aerospace Medicine, Medical Faculty of the RWTH Aachen, Germany
Photochem Photobiol 72:477-84. 2000
- Ligand-dependent effects on the conformational equilibrium of the Na+,K+-ATPase as monitored by voltage clamp fluorometry
Stefan A Geys
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Biophys J 96:4561-70. 2009
Voltage clamp fluorometry was used to monitor conformational changes associated with electrogenic partial reactions of the Na(+),K(+)-ATPase after changes in the concentration of internal sodium (Na(+)(i)) or external potassium (K(+)(o))...
- New separation-free assay technique for SNPs using two-photon excitation fluorometry
Laboratory of Biophysics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
Nucleic Acids Res 32:e108. 2004
..Applicability of the new method in routine laboratory use is discussed with respect to alternative assay techniques...
- An automated microplate-based method for monitoring DNA strand breaks in plasmids and bacterial artificial chromosomes
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, Department of Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London WC1E 7JE, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e65. 2003
..Results obtained from pulsed- field electrophoresis of sheared samples were in agreement with those obtained using the microplate-based method...
- Two-photon excitation fluorometric measurement of homogeneous microparticle immunoassay for C-reactive protein
Matti E Waris
Laboratory of Biophysics, Institute of Biomedicine, Turku University Central Hospital, University of Turku, P O Box 123, FIN 20521, 20520 Turku, Finland
Anal Biochem 309:67-74. 2002
..laser technology have enabled the design of a compact instrumentation for two-photon excitation microparticle fluorometry (TPX)...
- Derivatization of F2-isoprostanes with 1-pyrenyldiazomethane and their subsequent determination by fluorescence high-performance liquid chromatography
Vladimir B Ritov
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pittsburgh, 3459 Fifth Avenue, MUH N809, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 3236, USA
Anal Biochem 311:10-8. 2002
..The purified 1-pyrenylmethyl esters of PGF(2alpha) were quantitatively analyzed by reverse-phase HPLC with fluorescent detection, with a detection limit of 5-10 pg...
- Sulfonylureas rapidly cross phospholipid bilayer membranes by a free-diffusion mechanism
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 52:2526-31. 2003
..Thus, we now provide a molecular mechanism by which sulfonylureas can penetrate the plasma membrane and reach intracellular sites regulating exocytosis...
- A microplate fluorimetric assay for measuring dehalogenase activity
Julian R Marchesi
Department of Microbiology, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Microbiol Methods 55:325-9. 2003
..The assay shows a wide response to halide concentration (1-500 mM) and tolerates a wide pH range. Furthermore, it is simple to use, has the potential for automation and uses an inexpensive non-toxic reagent...
- Selective zinc sensor molecules with various affinities for Zn2+, revealing dynamics and regional distribution of synaptically released Zn2+ in hippocampal slices
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 127:10197-204. 2005
..We believe that the use of various combinations of ZnAF family members will offer unprecedented versatility for fluorescence-microscopic imaging of Zn(2+) in biological applications...
- A real-time DNase assay (ReDA) based on PicoGreen fluorescence
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, PO Box 016129, Miami, FL 33101 6129, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e111. 2003
..The benefits of, and limitations to, the method are discussed...
- A rapid and sensitive fluorometric assay method for the determination of nitrilase activity
Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector 67, Mohali, Punjab 160062, India
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 37:289-93. 2003
..The activity determined by the proposed method correlates ( r =0.9625) well with the established Berthelot method. The proposed method is more sensitive than the existing methods for the determination of nitrilase activity...
- Intracellular labeling method for chip-based capillary electrophoresis fluorimetric single cell analysis using liposomes
Institute of Microanalytical Systems, Department of Chemistry, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Chromatogr A 1135:109-14. 2006
..Single cell analysis using microfluidic chip-based CE revealed that liposome-membrane fusion occurred after entrance of liposomes into the cells, with release of encapsulated fluorescence dyes and labeling of intracellular species...
- Identification of metabotropic glutamate receptor antagonists using an automated high-throughput screening system
Department of Automated Biotechnology, Merck Research Laboratories, North Wales, Pennsylvania 19454, USA
Anal Biochem 313:246-54. 2003
..Primary high-throughput screening hits were subjected to a combination of data analysis and counterscreening assays to identify several compounds with both efficacy and selectivity for the metabotropic glutamate receptor target...
- Rapid analysis of amino sugars by microchip electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kini, University, Higashi-Osaka, Japan
Electrophoresis 22:4023-31. 2001
..The result of amino sugar composition analysis for individual O-glycans fractionated by high-performance liquid chromatography was quite useful for their identification...
- Determination of the activity of catalase using a europium(III)-tetracycline-derived fluorescent substrate
Institute of Analytical Chemistry, Chemo and Biosensors, University of Regensburg, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Anal Biochem 320:129-35. 2003
..It is also the first europium-based probe that is compatible with the 405-nm diode laser. In summary, the new assay provides distinct advantages over direct ultraviolet detection and over the two-reagent (peroxidase) method...
- Fluorimetric determination of phytic acid in urine based on replacement reaction
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha 410083, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 605:185-91. 2007
..49-0.75 mg L(-1) with recoveries of 96.2-108.8%. Comparison of the obtained results with the reported HPLC was performed, indicating the proposed method was reliable...
- Critical evaluation of cytosolic calcium determination in resting muscle fibres from normal and dystrophic (mdx) mice
Department of Physiology, UCL 5540, Brussels, Belgium
Cell Calcium 14:473-83. 1993
..We showed that the behavior of the dye was not similar in C57 and in mdx muscles. For this reason, we did not confirm the previous results that cytosolic free calcium concentration is increased in mdx muscles...
- A ready-to-use fluorimetric biosensor for superoxide radical using superoxide dismutase and peroxidase immobilized in sol-gel glasses
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Elche E 03202, Spain
Anal Biochem 334:335-43. 2004
..These facts make this biosensor a simple, reliable, and highly sensitive method with a potential use in biological systems, food, and drinks...
- Distribution of acridine orange fluorescence in Plasmodium falciparum-infected erythrocytes and its implications for the evaluation of digestive vacuole pH
Patrick G Bray
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 119:301-4; discussion 307-9, 311-3. 2002
- Fluorescent nanoparticles as labels for immunometric assay of C-reactive protein using two-photon excitation assay technology
Janne O Koskinen
Laboratory of Biophysics, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
Anal Biochem 328:210-8. 2004
..The new assay method was applied for assessment of baseline levels of CRP in sera of apparently healthy individuals...
- Detection of residual donor leucocytes in leucoreduced red blood cell components using a fluorescence microplate assay
Ruth L Gilbert
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, National Blood Service Bristol Centre, Southmead Road, Bristol BS10 5ND, UK
J Immunol Methods 274:17-25. 2003
..175). In conclusion, the fluorescence microplate assay represents a simple, high throughput alternative to flow cytometry for monitoring leucodepletion compliance in blood banks...
- A rapid fluorometric assay for the proteolytic activity of SKI-1/S1P based on the surface glycoprotein of the hemorrhagic fever Lassa virus
Regional Protein Chemistry Center, Diseases of Ageing Unit, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Loeb Building, 725 Parkdale Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4E9
FEBS Lett 514:333-9. 2002
..This study confirmed the role of SKI-1 in GP-C processing and provides a novel, rapid and efficient enzymatic assay of SKI-1...
- High-performance liquid chromatography determination of methionine adenosyltransferase activity using catechol-O-methyltransferase-coupled fluorometric detection
Sheng Hung Wang
Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, China Medical College, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Anal Biochem 319:13-20. 2003
..The kinetic study showed that MAT in HL-60 cells exhibited negative cooperativity with a Hill coefficient of 0.5. The values of K(m) and V(max) were 6.1+/-0.3 microM and 135.4+/-1.5 nmol AdoMet formed/mg protein/h, respectively...
- Simultaneous determination of D- and L-serine in rat brain microdialysis sample using a column-switching HPLC with fluorimetric detection
Department of Analytical Chemistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 18:813-9. 2004
..The proposed HPLC method will be useful for in vivo studies on D-serine, which acts as a coagonist for N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor, to the extracellular fluid of rat brain...
- Measurement of DNA single-strand breaks by alkaline elution and fluorometric DNA quantification
Laboratory of Pesticides Toxicology, Benaki Phytopathological Institute, Kifissia, GR 145 61 Athens, Greece
Anal Biochem 326:146-52. 2004
..The method of the DNA alkaline elution followed by fluorometric determination of ssDNA as modified and evaluated is an accurate and reliable approach for the determination of in vivo induced ssDNA strand breaks...
- High performance liquid chromatography for quantification of gatifloxacin in rat plasma following automated on-line solid phase extraction
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Ipiranga, 2752, Porto Alegre, RS 90 610 000, Brazil
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:205-10. 2007
..The assay has been successfully applied to measure gatifloxacin plasma concentrations in pharmacokinetic study in rats...
- Optimisation of an enzymatic method for beta-galactosidase
James B J McGuire
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
Clin Chim Acta 326:123-9. 2002
..The enzyme beta-galactosidase present in the Kupffer cells of the liver has potential as a marker of liver dysfunction prior to transplantation. Spectrophotometric methods have insufficient sensitivity...
- Single-cell and subcellular measurement of intracellular Ca2+ concentration
Anthony J Morgan
Physiology Group, Vascular Biology Research Centre, Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, UK
Methods Mol Biol 312:87-117. 2006
- Ratiometric, fluorescent BODIPY dye with aza crown ether functionality: synthesis, solvatochromism, and metal ion complex formation
Department of Chemistry and Institute for Nanoscale Physics and Chemistry, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Celestijnenlaan 200f bus 02404, 3001 Leuven, Belgium
J Phys Chem A 112:6104-14. 2008
..The compound also forms 1:1 complexes with several metal ions (Li(+), Na(+), Mg(2+), Ca(2+), Ba(2+), Zn(2+)), producing large blue shifts in the excitation spectra and significant cation-induced fluorescence amplifications...
- No-wash dyes for calcium flux measurement
Molecumetics Ltd, Bellevue, WA, USA
Biotechniques 34:164-6. 2003
- Evaluation of FLIPR Calcium 3 Assay Kit--a new no-wash fluorescence calcium indicator reagent
Neuroscience Discovery Research, Wyeth Research, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
J Biomol Screen 8:571-7. 2003
..Our results validate Calcium 3 as a compelling alternative to FLUO-4 in the choice of fluorescent dye reagent for studying G-protein-coupled receptors, providing the advantage of a homogenous, no-wash assay format...
- Quantification of fluorophore concentration in vivo using two simple fluorescence-based measurement techniques
Kevin R Diamond
Juravinski Cancer Centre and McMaster University, Department of Medical Physics, 699 Concession Street, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8V 5C2
J Biomed Opt 10:024007. 2005
..In liver and kidney an additional short lifetime component was evident...
- Self-referencing intensity measurements based on square-wave gated phase-modulation fluorimetry
H M Rowe
Department of Chemistry, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 4319, USA
Appl Spectrosc 57:532-7. 2003
..A key element of the adapted GPM method is its insensitivity to fluctuations in the source intensity. For a roughly 8-fold change in the excitation intensity, the signal ratio changes by less than 3%...
- A continuous fluorimetric assay for tumor necrosis factor-alpha converting enzyme
Department of Biological Chemistry, Wyeth Ayerst Research, 401 North Middletown Road, Pearl River, New York 10965, USA
Anal Biochem 302:269-75. 2002
..TACE appears to slightly prefer the A-V scissile bond. The enzyme also cleaves scissile bonds such as F-V, A-I, and A-L efficiently...
- A europium chelate for quantitative point-of-care immunoassays using direct surface measurement
Piia von Lode
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Tykistokatu 6A, 6th Floor, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Anal Chem 75:3193-201. 2003
..The novel nonadentate label facilitates short turnaround times and simple instrumentation due to the absence of all signal development steps, at the same time retaining an excellent immunoassay performance...
- Comparison of LST + MUG broth technique and conventional method for the enumeration of Escherichia coli in foods
H B Dogan
Department of Food Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Ankara University, Turkey
Lett Appl Microbiol 34:274-8. 2002
..This study provides reliability data for the fluorogenic method applied to certain foods...
- Application of the DNA-specific dye EvaGreen for the routine quantification of DNA in microplates
Institut für Zytobiologie und Zytopathologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Anal Biochem 359:265-7. 2006
- [A new method in determination of formononetin content in Trifolium pratense]
Guang wei Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Xian Jiaotong University, Xian 710049, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:54-6. 2007
..A new method was established to determine the formononetin content in Trifoblium pratense L...
- Fluorometric determination of khellin in human urine and serum by high-performance liquid chromatography using postcolumn photoirradiation
Ken Ichi Mawatari
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Sagamiko, Kanagawa 199 0195, Japan
Anal Sci 19:1071-3. 2003
For the determination of khellin in urine and serum, fluorometry using HPLC-postcolumn photoirradiation has been developed. Khellin and visnagin of similar structure were separated on a column of Capcell Pak C8...
- Rapid high throughput assay for fluorimetric detection of doxorubicin--application of nucleic acid-dye bioprobe
Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Lund University, P O Box 124, SE 22100 Lund, Sweden
Anal Chim Acta 587:47-51. 2007
..The detection limit can be as low as 25 ng mL(-1) with an upper limit of 100 microg mL(-1). The recovery test with spiked serum sample shows that this method can be a potential routine method for therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- [Ca2+](i) rise in Jurkat E6-1 cell lines from different sources as a response to 50 Hz magnetic field exposure as a reproducible effect and independent of poly-L-lysine treatment
M O Mattsson
Department of Natural Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Cell Biol Int 25:901-7. 2001
..The addition of the cell adhesive peptide, poly-L-lysine, did not itself cause any effects on the intracellular calcium concentration...
- Non-destructive micromethod for MRP1 functional assay in human lung tumor cells
Institute of Environmental Toxicology, University of Halle, Franzosenweg 1a, 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Arch Toxicol 80:125-33. 2006
..These experiments confirm that MRP1 function can be followed in the attached cells in vitro under non-toxic concentrations of the substrates without the need to harvest and destroy the cells...
- Mutual and directional allogeneic cytotoxic reaction of hemocytes in the solitary ascidian Halocynthia roretzi revealed by one-step quantitative fluorimetric assay
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, Noda, Chiba, Japan
Zoolog Sci 19:263-70. 2002
- A fluorometric approach to local electric field measurements in a voltage-gated ion channel
Osei Kwame Asamoah
Department of Physiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuron 37:85-97. 2003
..The extension of this method to other membrane bound proteins, including transporters, will yield insight into the role of electrical forces on protein function...
- Essential role of histidine 20 in the catalytic mechanism of Escherichia coli peptidyl-tRNA hydrolase
Jonathan J Goodall
Basilea Pharmaceutica Ltd, Grenzacherstrasse 487, CH 4005 Basel, Switzerland
Biochemistry 43:4583-91. 2004
..These studies indicate that histidine 20 acts as the catalytic base in the hydrolysis of peptidyl-tRNA by Pth...
- Calibrated automated thrombin generation in frozen-thawed platelet-rich plasma to detect hypercoagulability
INSERM ERIT M 0323 et EA 3452, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Henri Poincare, CHU de Nancy, Nancy, France
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 33:23-9. 2003
- A novel fluorometric assay for ADP-ribose pyrophosphatase activity
Eun Kyung Song
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Chonju 561 182, South Korea
J Biochem Biophys Methods 63:161-9. 2005
..The fluorometric assay is comparable in sensitivity and useful for ADPRase assay in phosphate-containing samples...
- Fluorescence ratiometric pH sensor prepared from covalently immobilized porphyrin and benzothioxanthene
Cheng Gang Niu
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, State Key Laboratory for Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, PR China
Anal Bioanal Chem 383:349-57. 2005
..0 the fluorescence intensity ratio of the two dyes varied linearly as a function of pH. The sensing membrane was found to have a lifetime of at least one month. The sensor was applied to the analysis of waste water and artificial samples...
- Copper(II)-selective fluorimetric bulk optode membrane based on a 1-hydroxy-9,10-anthraquinone derivative having two propenyl arms as a neutral fluorogenic ionophore
Department of Chemistry, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 63:43-8. 2006
..The proposed fluorescence optode was applied successfully to the determination of copper(II) in black tea samples...