- From pixels to picograms: a beginners' guide to genome quantification by Feulgen image analysis densitometry
David C Hardie
Department of Zoology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 50:735-49. 2002
..In this review, we provide a practical guide to the new technique of Feulgen image analysis densitometry. The review is designed for those interested in genome size measurements but not extensively experienced in ..
- The effects of radiation dose and CT manufacturer on measurements of lung densitometry
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, 855 West Twelfth Ave, Room 3350 JPN, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Chest 132:617-23. 2007
..To evaluate the effect of radiation dose and scanner manufacturer on quantitative CT scan measurements of lung morphology in smokers...
- Quantifying Western blots: pitfalls of densitometry
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, Vetsuisse Faculty University of Zürich and Zürich Center for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Electrophoresis 30:1845-55. 2009
Although Western blots are frequently quantified, densitometry is not documented and appears to be based merely on traditions and guesswork...
- Analysis of nuclear DNA content in Capsicum (Solanaceae) by flow cytometry and Feulgen densitometry
Eduardo A Moscone
Instituto Multidisciplinario de Biología Vegetal IMBIV, Casilla de Correo 495, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Ann Bot 92:21-9. 2003
..In addition, one sample each of C. annuum var. annuum and C. pubescens were also analysed using Feulgen densitometry (standard, Allium cepa 'Stuttgarter Riesen', 1C = 16.75 pg)...
- Identifying bone-mass-related risk factors for fracture to guide bone densitometry measurements: a systematic review of the literature
Catalan Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Research, Barcelona, Spain
Osteoporos Int 12:811-22. 2001
Available evidence suggests that fracture prediction with bone densitometry may improve when used on people at high risk of osteoporotic fractures...
- Application of TLC-densitometry, first-derivative UV-spectrophotometry and ratio derivative spectrophotometry for the determination of dorzolamide hydrochloride and timolol maleate
Lories I Bebawy
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, 6 Hussen Kamal el Deen, Ben el Sariat, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:737-46. 2002
..The proposed methods were successfully applied to the determination of these compounds in synthetic mixtures and in pharmaceutical preparations. The proposed methods are simple, rapid and suitable for quality control application...
- Blood volume measurement: The comparison of pulse dye densitometry and Dill and Costill's methods
Eric Belin de Chantemele
Laboratoire de Physiologie, UMR CNRS 6188, Faculté de Médecine d Angers, Rue Haute de Reculee, 49045 Angers Cedex, France
Life Sci 78:1564-9. 2006
..27). The DDG gives a good repeatability, not affected by the microgravity exposure. Thanks to its capacity to measure accurately the BV within 7-10 min, this device presents major advantages for clinical use and research purpose...
- Enumeration of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis by quantitative real-time PCR, culture on solid media and optical densitometry
Veterinary Research Institute, Hudcova 70, 621 00 Brno, Czech Republic
BMC Res Notes 5:114. 2012
..McFarland turbidity standards were also compared with F57qPCR and culture, due to its frequent inclusion and use in MAP studies...
- Clinical application of autofluorescence densitometry with a scanning laser ophthalmoscope
Department of Ophthalmology, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2994-3002. 2009
..This study reports a clinical application of FAF in measuring photopigments by scanning laser ophthalmoscopy (SLO)...
- Effect of 17beta-estradiol or alendronate on the bone densitometry, bone histomorphometry and bone metabolism of ovariectomized rats
L H da Paz
Departamento de Reumatologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 01246 930 São Paulo SP, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 34:1015-22. 2001
..1 mg/kg for 6 weeks (OVX-A, N = 8). Histomorphometry, densitometry, osteocalcin and deoxypyridinoline measurements were applied to all groups...
- The short-term effect of atorvastatin on carotid plaque morphology assessed by computer-assisted gray-scale densitometry: a pilot study
Department of Neurology, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Neurol Res 33:991-4. 2011
..Computer assisted gray-scale densitometry (GSD) index was calculated at baseline and 30 days after treatment from the normalized plaque images...
- Use of bone densitometry by Ontario family physicians
Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
Osteoporos Int 11:393-9. 2000
..The questionnaire examined current use of bone densitometry, focusing on reasons for its use, factors that limit use, and features of the report that are helpful to the ..
- Quality and performance measures in bone densitometry. Part 2: fracture risk
C C Gluer
Medizinische Physik, Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Osteoporos Int 17:1449-58. 2006
This is part 2 of a core chapter of the forthcoming Report on Bone Densitometry commissioned by the International Commission on Radiation Units (ICRU)...
- Quantitative western immunoblotting analysis in survey of human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive patients
D G Schiavini
Laboratory of Virology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Purpan, Toulouse, France
J Clin Microbiol 27:2062-6. 1989
..The results are expressed as integrals. This technique confirms the decrease in p24 and p17 antibodies as the criterion giving the earliest prediction of the progression to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome...
- A novel technique to assess chromatin texture using pixel optical densitometry in oral squamous cell carcinoma
Department of Oral Pathology, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore 575001, Karnataka, India nskant rediffmail com
Microsc Res Tech 75:1119-23. 2012
..This study was aimed to assess and correlate the progressive changes in chromatin texture from normal to varying grades of premalignancies to malignancy of the oral cavity...
- Elevated homocysteine and carotid plaque area and densitometry in the Northern Manhattan Study
Department of Neurology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Clinical Research Bldg 1120, NW 14 St, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Stroke 44:457-61. 2013
..We examined the association between tHcy and carotid plaque burden and morphology in a multiethnic cohort...
- Estimation of adenosine and its major metabolites in brain tissues of rats using high-performance thin-layer chromatography-densitometry
Kiran Kumar Akula
Pharmacology Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
J Chromatogr A 1209:230-7. 2008
A new, rapid and sensitive high-performance thin-layer chromatographic (HPTLC) method with densitometry was developed and validated for the concomitant estimation of purines like adenosine (Ade) and its major metabolites, inosine (Ino) ..
- Wavefront-optimized excimer laser in situ keratomileusis for myopia and myopic astigmatism: refractive outcomes and corneal densitometry
Division of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:2131-8. 2012
To determine the refractive outcomes of wavefront-optimized laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) treatments, in particular to measure corneal densitometry after LASIK using the densitometry function of the Pentacam Scheimpflug system.
- Wood densitometry in 17th and 18th century Dutch, German, Austrian and French violins, compared to classical Cremonese and modern violins
Berend C Stoel
Division of Image Processing, Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e46629. 2012
..conjecture is true, we analyzed 17 modern and classical Dutch, German, Austrian and French violins by wood densitometry using computed tomography and correlated these results with our previous study of modern and Cremonese violins; ..
- Effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on bone repair in rats: optical densitometry analysis
Instituto de Engenharia Biomedica, Universidade Camilo Castelo Branco, Unicastelo, Rodovia BR 116, 12247 004, Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Lasers Med Sci 28:651-6. 2013
..study was to evaluate the process of bone repair in rats submitted to low-level laser therapy using optical densitometry. A total of 45 rats which underwent femoral osteotomy were randomly distributed into three groups: control (..
- Validation of a high-performance thin-layer chromatography/densitometry method for the quantitative determination of glucosamine in a herbal dietary supplement
Laboratory of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmacy, University of Liege, CHU, B36, Avenue de l Hopital 1, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1112:156-64. 2006
..9 and 8.6%. Moreover, the method was found to be accurate, as the two-sided 95% beta-expectation tolerance interval did not exceed the acceptance limits of 85 and 115% on the whole analytical range (800-1,200 ng of glucosamine)...
- Measurement of cardiac output by pulse dye densitometry using indocyanine green: a comparison with the thermodilution method
Department of Anesthesiology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Anesthesiology 87:816-22. 1997
A new method for determining cardiac output (CO, l/min) using dye dilution combined with pulse dye densitometry (PDD), based on the principle of pulse oximetry, has been developed...
- Normative values for corneal densitometry analysis by Scheimpflug optical assessment
Sorcha Ni Dhubhghaill
Department of Ophthalmology, Antwerp University Hospital, Edegem, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:162-8. 2014
To describe the normative data for corneal Scheimpflug densitometry based on a cohort of normal participants.
- Alveolar bone healing process in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). A radiographic densitometry study
Department of Pediatric and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry of Aracatuba, Univ Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 20:222-7. 2012
..If undiagnosed or untreated, this pathology represents a systemic risk factor and offers unfavorable conditions for dental treatments, especially those requiring bone healing...
- Measuring circulating blood volume in newborn infants using pulse dye densitometry and indocyanine green
Department of Child Health, Homerton University Hospital Bart s and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Paediatr Anaesth 18:865-71. 2008
..Circulating blood volume (BV) is an important, but often unconsidered, variable in newborn infants undergoing intensive care. The data on validation and repeatability of BV measurement are limited...
- Correlation of body growth and bone mineral density measured by ultrasound densitometry of the calcaneus in children and adolescents
Health Administration Center Izumo, Shimane University, Izumo, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 219:63-9. 2009
..Boys and girls show a similar growth pattern in body height and weight before peak development; however, the physical growth of boys eventually exceeds that of girls...
- Simultaneous identification and quantitative determination of selected aminoglycoside antibiotics by thin-layer chromatography and densitometry
Collegium Medicum of Jagiellonian University, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, Medyczna 9, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
J AOAC Int 92:1068-75. 2009
..65 microg for gentamicin, and a wide linearity range 0.75-6.25 microg/spot for amikacin and netilmicin and 1.5-12.50 microg/spot for other antibiotics. The precision of the determination was very good; RSD varied in the range 0.3-0.6%...
- Prevalence and risk factors of discordance in diagnosis of osteoporosis using spine and hip bone densitometry
Abdellah El Maghraoui
Ann Rheum Dis 66:271-2. 2007
- Fast determination of colchicine by TLC-densitometry from pharmaceuticals and vegetal extracts
Faculty of Pharmacy, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Emil Isac St 13, RO 400023 Cluj Napoca, Romania
J Pharm Biomed Anal 37:971-7. 2005
- Determination of analytes in medical herbs extracts by SPE coupled with two-dimensional planar chromatography in combination with diode array scanning densitometry and HPLC-diode array detector
Department of Physical Chemistry, Chair of Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy with Medical Analytics Division, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
J Sep Sci 34:27-36. 2011
..samples spiked with pesticide at a concentration level of 10 μg/g in plant material are presented. Method validation parameters for the quantification of pesticides by the proposed HPLC-DAD after SPE method are also presented...
- [Bone metabolism in dialysis patient assessed by biochemical markers and densitometry]
Klinika Nefrologii i Chorób Wewnetrznych AM w Białymstoku
Pol Arch Med Wewn 110:967-72. 2003
..52, p < 0.05). On the basis of our finding we conclude that BMD depends on time of renal replacement therapy. Biochemical markers of bone metabolism poorly correlate with bone mineral density in dialyzed patients...
- Contrast sonography, video densitometry and intervillous blood flow: a pilot project
W H Barth
Vincent Memorial Hospital, Women s Care Division of the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Placenta 27:719-26. 2006
To examine the feasibility of constructing time-intensity (TI) curves from the intervillous space with an intravascular ultrasound contrast agent and computer assisted video densitometry.
- Benefits for bone from resistance exercise and nutrition in long-duration spaceflight: Evidence from biochemistry and densitometry
Scott M Smith
Human Adaptation and Countermeasures Division, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Lyndon B Johnson Space Center, 2101 NASA Parkway, Houston, TX 77058, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:1896-906. 2012
..We report dietary intake, bone densitometry, and biochemical markers in 13 crewmembers on ISS missions from 2006 to 2009...
- Quality assessment for tramadol in pharmaceutical preparations with thin layer chromatography and densitometry
Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, Department of Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry, 9 Medyczna Str, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
Biomed Chromatogr 18:589-99. 2004
..1, v/v/v); (II) chloroform-toluene-ethanol (9:8:1, v/v/v). The UV densitometry was carried out at lambda = 270 nm...
- Official positions of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry
Edward S Leib
South Med J 97:107-10. 2004
- Risk factors for prevalent vertebral fractures in black and white female densitometry patients
Tamara J Vokes
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 606037, USA
J Clin Densitom 10:1-9. 2007
..We conclude that use of corticosteroids may be associated with relatively greater vertebral fracture risk in blacks than in whites...
- [2008 official positions of the Brazilian Society for Clinical Densitometry--SBDens]
Cynthia M A Brandão
Sociedade Brasileira de Densitometria Clínica, Rua Pelotas 562, Sao Paulo SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:107-12. 2009
With the evolution of bone densitometry, differences in technologies, acquisition techniques, reference databases, reporting methods, diagnostic criteria and terminology have developed and the International Society for Clinical ..
- Comparison of trabecular metal cups and titanium fiber-mesh cups in primary hip arthroplasty: a randomized RSA and bone mineral densitometry study of 50 hips
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Orthop 82:155-60. 2011
..In this randomized RSA trial, we compared a new acetabular cup with a surface made of tantalum trabecular metal and a cup with a titanium fiber-mesh surface...
- Pulse dye densitometry and indocyanine green plasma disappearance in ASA physical status I-II patients
Department of Anesthesiology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Anesth Analg 110:466-72. 2010
..In addition, we evaluated the noninvasive measurement of ICG-PDR (transcutaneously by pulse dye densitometry [PDD] at the finger and the nose) and compared these with the simultaneously performed invasive measurements of ..
- Application of first-derivative, ratio derivative spectrophotometry, TLC-densitometry and spectrofluorimetry for the simultaneous determination of telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide in pharmaceutical dosage forms and plasma
Lories I Bebawy
National Organization for Drug Control and Research, 6 Hussein Kamal El Deen, Ben El Saraiat, Dokki, Gizza 12311, Egypt
Farmaco 60:859-67. 2005
..The proposed methods were applied successfully for the determination of the two drugs in bulk powder and in pharmaceutical formulations. The spectrofluorimetric method was utilized for the analysis of TELM in human plasma...
- An objective method to measure cell survival by computer-assisted image processing of numeric images of Petri dishes
Marie Claude Biston
Equipe d Accueil no 2941 Rayonnement Synchrotron et Recherche Médicale, Unité IRM, CHU, BP 217, F 38043 Grenoble 09, France
Phys Med Biol 48:1551-63. 2003
..The large amount of data produced also gives information about cell and colony characteristics. Thus, this computer-assisted method has considerably improved the reliability of our statistical results...
- Blood volume measurement at the bedside using ICG pulse spectrophotometry
Division of Surgical Intensive Care, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Anesthesiology 89:1322-8. 1998
..In 10-30% of tests the method failed because of motion distortion of the record during the 10-min data collection period or because of insufficient pulse amplitude in the test tissue...
- Exploring the role of CT densitometry: a randomised study of augmentation therapy in alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency
Gentofte Hospital, Copenhagen University, Hellerup, Denmark
Eur Respir J 33:1345-53. 2009
..and Computed Tomography scan as Lung End-points (EXACTLE) trial explored the use of computed tomography (CT) densitometry and exacerbations for the assessment of the therapeutic effect of augmentation therapy in subjects with alpha(1)..
- Radiopacity evaluation of root-end filling materials by digitization of images
Department of Restorative Dentistry, Dental School of Araraquara, Sao Paulo State University, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 16:376-9. 2008
..05), while white/grey MTA and Super EBA presented the lowest radiopacity values (p<0.05). The tested root-end filling materials presented different radiopacities, white/grey MTA and Super EBA being the least radiopaque materials...
- Therapeutic efficacy of α-1 antitrypsin augmentation therapy on the loss of lung tissue: an integrated analysis of 2 randomised clinical trials using computed tomography densitometry
Robert A Stockley
Lung Investigation Unit, University Hospitals of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Respir Res 11:136. 2010
Two randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials have investigated the efficacy of IV alpha-1 antitrypsin (AAT) augmentation therapy on emphysema progression using CT densitometry.
- Rat lumbar vertebrae bone densitometry using multidetector CT
Yi Xiang J Wang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Organ Imaging, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Eur Radiol 19:882-90. 2009
..The following comparisons were carried out: 2.5-mm MDCT densitometry versus 0.625-mm MDCT densitometry; 0...
- Preclinical thalassemic cardiopathy: a study by acoustic densitometry
Roberto Di Paola
Cardiology Unit, Garibaldi Hospital, Catania, Italy
Ital Heart J 4:413-8. 2003
The cardiac function in thalassemia major has never been studied at ultrasonic backscatter techniques. We assessed the utility of acoustic densitometry in thalassemic patients without clinical or echocardiographic signs of heart failure.
- Fetal programming of body dimensions and percentage body fat measured in prepubertal children with a 4-component model of body composition, dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, deuterium dilution, densitometry, and skinfold thicknesses
Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Am J Clin Nutr 86:618-24. 2007
..The effects on and consequences of body build (dimensions, mass, and length of body segments) are unclear...
- Improved preparation of high molecular weight DNA for pulsed-field gel electrophoresis from mycobacteria
V M Hughes
Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH 29 OPZ, UK
J Microbiol Methods 44:209-15. 2001
- The behaviour of bone mineral density and bone metabolism index in young and menopausal women with the consideration of body mass index
Department of Radiological and Isotopic Diagnostics and Therapy, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Med Sci Monit 16:CR342-7. 2010
..The aim of the study was to evaluate the behavior of bone mineral density (BMD) and bone metabolism index (IBM) in both young women and those more than 50 years old, as associated with BMI...
- Ultrasound densitometric analysis of carotid plaque composition. Pathoanatomic correlation
V Y Beletsky
Department of Neurology, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Stroke 27:2173-7. 1996
..Thus, methods that can enhance ultrasonic evaluation of plaque morphology might allow a more objective means of determining carotid-mediated stroke risk...
- Bone biopsy and densitometry findings in a child with Camurati-Engelmann disease
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, P O Box 281, 00029 Helsinki, Finland
Clin Rheumatol 26:1773-7. 2007
..The diagnosis was verified by detecting a mutation in exon 4 of the TGF-beta1 gene. Full body bone mineral densitometry studies performed before treatment with prednisolone were indicative for osteoporosis (Z-scores for the lumbar ..
- CT scan appearance, densitometry, and health status in protease inhibitor SZ alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency
University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Chest 136:1284-90. 2009
The aim of this study was to uniquely describe CT scan appearance, densitometry, and health status in subjects with protease inhibitor SZ phenotype (PiSZ) alpha(1)-antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) compared with matched subjects with protease ..
- Determination of thiocolchicoside in its binary mixtures (thiocolchicoside-glafenine and thiocolchicoside-floctafenine) by TLC-densitometry
N A El-Ragehy
Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Kasr El Aini St, 11562 Cairo, Egypt
Farmaco 58:463-8. 2003
..Assay precision using two-way ANOVA was performed on results of inter- and intra-day applications of the method...
- Ultrasonic tissue characterization of vulnerable carotid plaque: correlation between videodensitometric method and histological examination
Liz Andréa V Baroncini
Department of Internal Medicine Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirão Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 4:32. 2006
- Quantification and facilitated comparison of von Willebrand factor multimer patterns by densitometry
J D Studt
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1, D-30625 Hannover, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 116:567-74. 2001
..Interlaboratory comparison of results therefore may be difficult. We applied densitometry to obtain a reproducible quantification of vWF multimer patterns in healthy donors, patients with vWD variants, ..
- Distribution and densitometry mapping of L1-CAM immunoreactivity in the adult mouse brain--light microscopic observation
Division of Structural Cell Biology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, NAIST, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma City, Nara 630 0192, Japan
BMC Neurosci 4:7. 2003
..The distribution of L1 in mouse brain might provide a basis for understanding its role in the brain...
- Population rates of bone densitometry use in Australia, 2001-2005, by sex and rural versus urban location
Dan P Ewald
Northern Rivers General Practice Network, Lismore, NSW
Med J Aust 190:126-8. 2009
To explore use of bone densitometry in Australia and to identify any sex and geographic differences, as a marker of osteoporosis diagnosis and care.
- Application of LC and HPTLC-densitometry for the simultaneous determination of benazepril hydrochloride and hydrochlorothiazide
Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41522, Egypt
J Pharm Biomed Anal 25:171-9. 2001
..The two proposed methods were successfully applied to the determination of both drugs in laboratory prepared mixtures and in commercial tablets. No chromatographic interference from the tablets excipients was found...
- Assessment of regional progression of pulmonary emphysema with CT densitometry
M Els Bakker
Division of Image Processing, Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Chest 134:931-7. 2008
Lung densitometry is an effective method to assess overall progression of emphysema, but generally the location of the progression is not estimated...
- An improved method using densitometry for evaluating severity of laser photocoagulation induced CNV
R J Marano
Department of Molecular Ophthalmology, Lions Eye Institute, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Biotech Histochem 81:59-62. 2006
..We describe a new method for simple and rapid evaluation of laser induced choroidal neovascularization using densitometry. Fluorescein angiograms of a laser photocoagulated rat eye were scanned into a computer...
- Official positions of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry
E Michael Lewiecki
Osteoporos Int 17:1700-1. 2006
- Using the osteoporosis self-assessment tool for referring older men for bone densitometry: a decision analysis
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:218-24. 2009
To compare health benefits and costs associated with performing bone densitometry for all men with those of risk-stratifying using the Osteoporosis Self-Assessment Tool (OST) and performing bone densitometry only for a high-risk group.
- Determination of the standard value of circulating blood volume during anesthesia using pulse dye-densitometry: a multicenter study in Japan
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, 181 8611, Japan
J Anesth 19:193-8. 2005
..The standard value for circulating blood volume (BV) during anesthesia was determined by a multicenter study in Japan. The significance of BV on the reduction of blood pressure after the induction of anesthesia was also examined...
- Blood volume measurement to guide fluid therapy after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a prospective controlled study
Department of Perioperative and Emergency Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Stroke 40:2575-7. 2009
..In a prospective controlled study we assessed whether fluid management guided by daily measurements of blood volume (BV) reduces the incidence of severe hypovolemia compared to conventional fluid balance guided fluid therapy...
- Bone densitometry and the diagnosis of osteoporosis
G M Blake
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, England
Semin Nucl Med 31:69-81. 2001
..Although dual x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) is the technique most associated with the recent growth in bone densitometry, several innovative devices for performing measurements at sites in the peripheral skeleton are also available...
- Effects of light spectrum in flatbed scanner densitometry of stained polyacrylamide gels
Han Yen Tan
National University of Singapore
Biotechniques 42:474-8. 2007
..Based on this, we demonstrate that cost-effective densitometry can be achieved using a flatbed scanner with red light-emitting diode (LED) illumination, yielding results ..
- Accuracy and repeatability of blood volume measurement by pulse dye densitometry compared to the conventional method using 51Cr-labeled red blood cells
Department of Critical Care Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University School of Medicine, Bunkyo District, Japan
Intensive Care Med 26:1343-9. 2000
To determine the accuracy and repeatability of pulse dye densitometry (PDD) in measuring blood volume (BV) by comparing it with the conventional method using 51Cr-labeled red blood cells (RI method) and by assessing sequential measurements...
- Assessment of effective hepatic blood flow in critically ill patients by noninvasive pulse dye-densitometry
Osaka Prefectural Senshu Critical Care Medical Center, 2 24 Rinku Orai Kita, Izumisano, Osaka 598 0048, Japan
Surg Today 33:101-5. 2003
..This study was conducted to examine the relationship between cardiac output (CO) and EHBF using pulse dye-densitometry (PDD) in nonseptic and septic patients, and to assess the prognostic value of this relationship.
- Calcaneal ultrasound bone densitometry is not a useful tool to screen patients with inflammatory bowel disease at high risk for metabolic bone disease
David A Schwartz
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:749-54. 2005
..This would reduce the number of patients undergoing DXA testing unnecessarily. We tried to determine if calcaneal ultrasound bone densitometry is a useful tool in screening high-risk patients with IBD for metabolic bone disease.
- A qualitative and quantitative HPTLC densitometry method for the analysis of cannabinoids in Cannabis sativa L
Justin T Fischedick
Division of Pharmacognosy, Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
Phytochem Anal 20:421-6. 2009
..Cannabis and cannabinoid based medicines are currently under serious investigation for legitimate development as medicinal agents, necessitating new low-cost, high-throughput analytical methods for quality control...
- Volumetric characterization of ester- and ether-linked lipid bilayers by pressure perturbation calorimetry and densitometry
Department of Life System, Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 92:232-9. 2012
..DPPC) and dihexadecylphosphatidylcholine (DHPC) membranes using pressure perturbation calorimetry (PPC) and densitometry. The ln φ(2) vs temperature curves (φ(2): apparent molar volume of phospholipid) obtained from the PPC data ..
- Evaluation of a femoral stem with reduced stiffness. A randomized study with use of radiostereometry and bone densitometry
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgren University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Bone Joint Surg Am 84:1651-8. 2002
..The coating consisted of a titanium porous mesh proximally covered with a mixture of hydroxyapatite and tricalcium phosphate...
- Bone densitometry in children: a critical appraisal
R R van Rijn
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 13:700-10. 2003
Due to the introduction of new therapeutic regimen aimed at increasing and maintaining bone mass, bone densitometry in children has gained interest...
- Circulating blood volume measured by pulse dye-densitometry: comparison with (131)I-HSA analysis
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka City, Tokyo, Japan
Anesthesiology 89:1329-35. 1998
Pulse dye-densitometry (PDD) is a newly developed technique for monitoring the arterial concentration of indocyanine green. Using this method, circulating blood volume (CBV) can be calculated without using radioisotopes...
- Of small bones and big mistakes; bone densitometry in children revisited
R R van Rijn
Department of Radiology, Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Radiol 71:432-9. 2009
In this paper we discuss the bone densitometry systems available and their applicability in children and adolescents...
- Antimicrobial screening and quantitative determination of benzoic acid derivative of Gomphrena celosioides by TLC-densitometry
Rute Mendonça Xavier de Moura
Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciencias e Letras de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, 14040 020 Ribeirão Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 52:1342-4. 2004
..determination of 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-benzoic acid in stems, leaves, flowers and roots was established by TLC-densitometry. Results showed significant activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella typhi...
- Densitometry for assessment of effect of lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
Department of Pulmonology C3 P, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands, and Department of Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Respir J 29:1138-43. 2007
..in lung function, the effect of resection of emphysematous tissue was studied by computed tomography (CT) densitometry. In addition, the current authors studied how surgery-induced change in emphysema related to lung density in ..
- High-throughput film-densitometry: an efficient approach to generate large data sets
Life Sciences Division, Donner Laboratory, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Struct Biol 149:17-29. 2005
- High resolution MR based polymer dosimetry versus film densitometry: a systematic study based on the modulation transfer function approach
Institut für Medizinische Physik, Medizinische Universität Wien, Währingerstr 13, A 1090 Wien, Austria
Phys Med Biol 49:4087-108. 2004
- A quantitative histochemistry technique for measuring regional distribution of acetylcholinesterase in the brain using digital scanning densitometry
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Anal Biochem 296:18-28. 2001
..However, they are usually time-consuming. As we report here, we adapted digital scanning densitometry to quantitate AChE histochemical staining in brain sections...
- In vivo analysis of growth hormone receptor signaling domains and their associated transcripts
Jennifer E Rowland
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 25:66-77. 2005
..These mice represent the first step in delineating the domains of the GHR regulating body growth and composition and the transcripts associated with these domains...
- The effect of hindlimb immobilization on acid phosphatase, metalloproteinases and nuclear factor-kappaB in muscles of young and old rats
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, P O Box 9649, Haifa 31096, Israel
Mech Ageing Dev 126:289-97. 2005
..In conclusion, it seems that the kinetics of activation of extracellular hydrolytic and proteolytic systems differ in muscles of old animals compared to young animals...
- Vessel-specific regulation of angiotensin II receptor subtypes during ovine development
Blair E Cox
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Pediatr Res 57:124-32. 2005
..Although the mechanisms that regulate mRNA and protein expression are unclear, these changes parallel differences in VSM maturation and function and local blood flow...
- Downregulation of NF-kappaB activity associated with alteration in proliferative response in the spleen after burn injury
Ho H Phan
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Shock 23:73-9. 2005
..Furthermore, the regulation of NF-kappaB may be linked to the proliferative changes seen in the spleen after burn injury...
- Elevated neurotrophin and neurotrophin receptor expression in spontaneously hypertensive rat lungs
Unità Operativa Pneumologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie, Università La Sapienza Policlinico Sant Andrea, Roma, Italy
Growth Factors 22:195-205. 2004
- Pharmacological and molecular comparison of K(ATP) channels in rat basilar and middle cerebral arteries
Kenneth Beri Ploug
Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Pharmacol 553:254-62. 2006
..Furthermore, the results indicate that Kir6.1/SUR2B is the major K(ATP) channel complex in rat basilar and middle cerebral arteries...
- Stress regulation of sulfotransferases in male rat liver
Department of Physiological Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:235-41. 2004
..This suggests a stress regulation mechanism of SULT2A1 at the gene transcription level, possibly occurring via hormones...
- [Osteoporosis: Optimizing treatment strategy]
Service de Rhumatologie, INSERM E0366, Saint Etienne 42
Presse Med 35:1543-6. 2006
..The minimum duration of treatment is 4-5 years, after which individual fracture risk must be reevaluated. Combinations of available drugs are not recommended for treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Characterization of H2O2-induced acute apoptosis in cultured neural stem/progenitor cells
Hsingchi J Lin
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC 20375, USA
FEBS Lett 570:102-6. 2004
..We conclude that the transient activation of PI3K-Akt signaling delays the H2O2-induced acute apoptosis in cultured NS/PCs in part through maintaining the basal pGSK3beta level and activating other downstream effectors...
- Enhanced podocalyxin expression alters the structure of podocyte basal surface
Constantinos G Economou
Institute of Biology, National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos, Agia Paraskevi, 15310 Athens, Greece
J Cell Sci 117:3281-94. 2004
..We suggest that the observed podocalyxin-mediated inhibition of binding to the matrix could be in part responsible for the specialized conformation of the basal surface of podocytes...
- [Non-corticosteroid drug-induced metabolic bone disease]
Service de Rhumatologie, Universite Rene Descartes Paris V, Hopital Cochin, Paris 75
Presse Med 35:1579-83. 2006
..Other drugs responsible for bone disease include: aromatase inhibitors, GnRH agonists, anticonvulsants, heparin, and L thyroxin at TSH-suppressive doses. Confirmation is required of data about neuroleptics and antivitamin K...
- Identification and functional characterization of a 5-transmembrane domain variant isoform of the NTS2 neurotensin receptor in rat central nervous system
Montreal Neurological Institute, Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:10219-27. 2005
..Taken together, the present results indicated that the rat vNTS2 is a functional receptor that may play a role in NT signaling in mammalian central nervous system...
- Prostaglandin E2 induces interleukin-8 gene transcription by activating C/EBP homologous protein in human T lymphocytes
Department of Experimental Pathology and Microbiology, University of Messina, 98125 Messina, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:14433-42. 2005
..These findings show the complexity with which PGE(2) regulates IL-8 synthesis by inhibiting or enhancing its production depending on the cell types and environmental conditions...
- Prognostic significance of metastasis-associated protein S100A4 (Mts1) in prostate cancer progression and chemoprevention regimens in an autochthonous mouse model
Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:147-53. 2005
..Because oral consumption of green tea polyphenols (GTP) has been shown to inhibit metastasis and prostate cancer in TRAMP, we further assessed the significance of S100A4 during chemoprevention regimen...
- Differential expression and processing of chromogranin A and secretogranin II in relation to the secretory status of endocrine cells
J R Peinado
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology, and Immunology, Campus de Rabanales Edificio Severo Ochoa, Planta 3, University of Cordoba, E 14014 Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 147:1408-18. 2006
..Thus, SgII expression is strongly related to the secretory activity of melanotrope cells, whereas CgA expression may not be related to secretory rate, but, rather, to hormone storage in this endocrine cell type...
- Targeted knockdown of G protein subunits selectively prevents receptor-mediated modulation of effectors and reveals complex changes in non-targeted signaling proteins
Andrejs M Krumins
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 281:10250-62. 2006
..These findings provide a foundation for understanding the mechanisms that regulate the adaptability and remarkable resilience of G protein signaling networks...
- 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), but not morphine, alters APP processing in the rat brain
Department of Psychiatry and Alzheimer s Disease Research Centre, Albert Szent Györgyi Center for Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 10:183-90. 2007
..These results indicate that the chronic use of 'ecstasy', but not morphine, may be harmful via a novel mode of action, i.e. by altering the APP expression and processing in the brain...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human tooth germ center
Oral Surgery of Oral Science Department, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 18:587-94. 2005
..Additionally, a positive reaction was observed for the VEGF protein in the cells of the stellate reticulum and in those endothelial tissue surrounding the microvessels in all the samples examined...
- Expression of SPARC in normal and fibrotic livers
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
Hepatology 21:847-54. 1995
..These studies demonstrate the increased expression of SPARC--a protein that modulates cell shape and disrupts cell-matrix interactions--during the initial stages of hepatic fibrosis...
- Mitochondrial NOS upregulation during renal I/R causes apoptosis in a peroxynitrite-dependent manner
J L Viñas
Department of Experimental Pathology, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, IIBB CSIC, IDIBAPS, Barcelona, Spain
Kidney Int 69:1403-9. 2006