Genomes and Genes
Summary: A technique for measuring extracellular concentrations of substances in tissues, usually in vivo, by means of a small probe equipped with a semipermeable membrane. Substances may also be introduced into the extracellular space through the membrane.
Publications392 found, 100 shown here
- Increase in muscle nociceptive substances and anaerobic metabolism in patients with trapezius myalgia: microdialysis in rest and during exerciseLars Rosendal
National Institute of Occupational Health, Lersø Parkallé 105, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Pain 112:324-34. 2004..Interstitial serotonin (5-HT), glutamate, lactate, pyruvate, and blood flow were determined by microdialysis in the trapezius muscle. Baseline pressure pain threshold (PPT) was lower (143+/-18 (TM) vs...
- Synaptic activity regulates interstitial fluid amyloid-beta levels in vivoJohn R Cirrito
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Neuron 48:913-22. 2005..Abeta aggregation is concentration dependent and brain region specific. Utilizing in vivo microdialysis concurrently with field potential recordings, we demonstrate that Abeta levels in the brain interstitial fluid ..
- In vivo microdialysis reveals age-dependent decrease of brain interstitial fluid tau levels in P301S human tau transgenic miceKaoru Yamada
Department of Neurology, Hope Center for Neurological Disorders, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 31:13110-7. 2011..To address these issues, we developed a microdialysis technique to analyze monomeric ISF tau levels within the hippocampus of awake, freely moving mice...
- Microdialysis evaluation of atomoxetine brain penetration and central nervous system pharmacokinetics in ratsWilliam Kielbasa
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 37:137-42. 2009..and central nervous system (CNS) pharmacokinetics of atomoxetine in rats was conducted using brain microdialysis. We sought to determine the nature and extent of transport at the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and blood-..
- Blood-brain barrier permeability after gamma whole-body irradiation: an in vivo microdialysis studyMichel Diserbo
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 80:670-8. 2002..barrier (BBB) to [3H]alpha-aminoisobutyric acid (AIBA) and [14C]sucrose were investigated using the microdialysis technique. Seven days, 3 and 6 weeks, and 3, 5, and 8 months after gamma exposure at a dose of 4...
- Active-site concentrations of chemicals - are they a better predictor of effect than plasma/organ/tissue concentrations?Margareta Hammarlund-Udenaes
Division of Pharmacokinetics and Drug Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 106:215-20. 2010..However, with the introduction of microdialysis and subsequently developed techniques, it has become possible to test the free drug hypothesis...
- Acute focal neurological deficits in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: relation of clinical course, CT findings, and metabolite abnormalities monitored with bedside microdialysisAsita Sarrafzadeh
Department of Neurosurgery, Virchow Medical Clinic, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Stroke 34:1382-8. 2003..ir)reversible neurological deficits and cerebral infarction in subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) patients by using the microdialysis technique and (2) to evaluate the influence of intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) on microdialysis parameters.
- Neuronal activity regulates the regional vulnerability to amyloid-β depositionAdam W Bero
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:750-6. 2011..Using in vivo microdialysis, we show that ISF Aβ concentrations in several brain regions of APP transgenic mice before plaque deposition ..
- In vivo assessment of brain interstitial fluid with microdialysis reveals plaque-associated changes in amyloid-beta metabolism and half-lifeJohn R Cirrito
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurosci 23:8844-53. 2003..Because assessment of ISF Abeta levels may provide unique insights into Abeta metabolism and AD, an in vivo microdialysis technique was developed to measure it...
- The effects of the cyclosporin A, a P-glycoprotein inhibitor, on the pharmacokinetics of baicalein in the rat: a microdialysis studyT H Tsai
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, 115 1 Li Nong Street Section 2, Shih Pai, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Br J Pharmacol 137:1314-20. 2002..2. Three microdialysis probes were simultaneously inserted into the jugular vein, the hippocampus and the bile duct of male Sprague-..
- Inhibition of P-glycoprotein enhances transport of imipramine across the blood-brain barrier: microdialysis studies in conscious freely moving ratsF E O'Brien
Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
Br J Pharmacol 166:1333-43. 2012..Therefore, the present study aimed to investigate the effect of P-gp inhibition on the transport of the tricyclic antidepressant imipramine and its active metabolite desipramine across the BBB...
- Muscle oxygenation and glycolysis in females with trapezius myalgia during stress and repetitive work using microdialysis and NIRSGisela Sjøgaard
Institute of Sport Sciences and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense M, Denmark
Eur J Appl Physiol 108:657-69. 2010..At rest, during PEG, and STR the trapezius muscle was measured using (1) EMG and MMG, (2) microdialysis, and (3) NIRS. Further, subjective pain ratings were scored (VAS)...
- Role of bedside microdialysis in the diagnosis of cerebral vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageA W Unterberg
Department of Neurosurgery and Radiology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosurg 94:740-9. 2001..Cerebral online microdialysis monitoring may detect the metabolic changes in the extracellular fluid associated with ischemia...
- Interstitial muscle lactate, pyruvate and potassium dynamics in the trapezius muscle during repetitive low-force arm movements, measured with microdialysisL Rosendal
National Institute of Occupational Health, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Physiol Scand 182:379-88. 2004Local muscle metabolic responses to repetitive low-force contractions and to intense static contractions were studied by microdialysis in humans.
- P-Glycoprotein-mediated efflux of phenobarbital, lamotrigine, and felbamate at the blood-brain barrier: evidence from microdialysis experiments in ratsHeidrun Potschka
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Pharmacy, School of Veterinary Medicine, Bunteweg 17, D 30559, Hannover, Germany
Neurosci Lett 327:173-6. 2002..by verapamil on brain access of the AEDs phenobarbital, lamotrigine, and felbamate was investigated by in vivo microdialysis in rats...
- Microdialysis: is it ready for prime time?J Clay Goodman
Department of Pathology, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 15:110-7. 2009This review highlights recent advances in cerebral microdialysis for investigational and clinical neurochemical monitoring in patients with critical neurological conditions.
- Translational neurochemical research in acute human brain injury: the current status and potential future for cerebral microdialysisLars Hillered
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, The David Geffen UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurotrauma 22:3-41. 2005b>Microdialysis (MD) was introduced as an intracerebral sampling method for clinical neurosurgery by Hillered et al. and Meyerson et al. in 1990...
- Uncovering the biochemical milieu of myofascial trigger points using in vivo microdialysis: an application of muscle pain concepts to myofascial pain syndromeJay P Shah
Rehabilitation Medicine Department, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1604 USA
J Bodyw Mov Ther 12:371-84. 2008This article discusses muscle pain concepts in the context of myofascial pain syndrome (MPS) and summarizes microdialysis studies that have surveyed the biochemical basis of this musculoskeletal pain condition...
- The human brain utilizes lactate via the tricarboxylic acid cycle: a 13C-labelled microdialysis and high-resolution nuclear magnetic resonance studyClare N Gallagher
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge, UK
Brain 132:2839-49. 2009..We used a novel combination of (13)C-labelled cerebral microdialysis both to deliver (13)C substrates into the brain and recover (13)C metabolites from the brain, and high-..
- Microdialysis in the human brain and its potential role in the development and clinical assessment of drugsAdel Helmy
University of Cambridge, Academic Unit of Neurosurgery, Box 167, Level 4, Block A, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK
Curr Med Chem 14:1525-37. 2007..b>Microdialysis is an established, commercially available, clinical and research tool that is used to sample brain ..
- The neuropharmacokinetics of temozolomide in patients with resectable brain tumors: potential implications for the current approach to chemoradiationJana Portnow
Department of Medical Oncology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:7092-8. 2009Intracerebral microdialysis (ICMD) is an accepted method for monitoring changes in neurochemistry from acute brain injury...
- Alteration in P-glycoprotein functionality affects intrabrain distribution of quinidine more than brain entry-a study in rats subjected to status epilepticus by kainateStina Syvänen
Division of Pharmacology, LACDR, Leiden University, The Netherlands
AAPS J 14:87-96. 2012This study aimed to investigate the use of quinidine microdialysis to study potential changes in brain P-glycoprotein functionality after induction of status epilepticus (SE) by kainate...
- The designer methcathinone analogs, mephedrone and methylone, are substrates for monoamine transporters in brain tissueMichael H Baumann
Translational Pharmacology Section, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1192-203. 2012..In vivo microdialysis in rat nucleus accumbens showed that i.v. administration of 0.3 and 1...
- Lactate levels in the brain are elevated upon exposure to volatile anesthetics: a microdialysis studyTobias Horn
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Biocenter, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neurochem Int 57:940-7. 2010..In vivo-microdialysis was used to monitor extracellular energy metabolites in the brain of awake mice and during anesthesia with ..
- Cerebral microdialysis: research technique or clinical toolM M Tisdall
Department of Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical Care, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Br J Anaesth 97:18-25. 2006Cerebral microdialysis is a well-established laboratory tool that is increasingly used as a bedside monitor to provide on-line analysis of brain tissue biochemistry during neurointensive care...
- Isoflurane anesthesia enhances the inhibitory effects of cocaine and GBR12909 on dopamine transporter: PET studies in combination with microdialysis in the monkey brainH Tsukada
Central Research Laboratory, Hamamatsu Photonics K K, 5000 Hirakuchi, Hamakita, Japan
Brain Res 849:85-96. 1999..isoflurane-anesthetized monkeys using high-resolution positron emission tomography (PET) in combination with microdialysis. The striatal DAT availability and dopamine D(2) receptor binding were assayed with [11C]beta-CFT (WIN35,428) ..
- Peroxynitrite generated in the rat spinal cord induces neuron death and neurological deficitsF Bao
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard RT 0653, Galveston, TX 77555 0653, USA
Neuroscience 115:839-49. 2002..Peroxynitrite was generated by administering 5 mM S-morpholinosydnonimine, a donor of peroxynitrite, through a microdialysis fiber into the gray matter of the rat spinal cord for 5 h...
- Assessment of blood flow changes in human skin by microdialysis urea clearanceSimon Farnebo
Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery, and Burns, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Microcirculation 18:198-204. 2011....
- Extracellular glutamate and other amino acids in experimental intracerebral hemorrhage: an in vivo microdialysis studyAdnan I Qureshi
Department of Neurosurgery, Toshiba Stroke Research Center, University of Buffalo, State University of New York, USA
Crit Care Med 31:1482-9. 2003....
- Stimulation of the anterior nucleus of the thalamus induces changes in amino acids in the hippocampi of epileptic ratsHuan guang Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital Medical University, No 6, Tian Tan Xi Li, Beijing 100050, China
Brain Res 1477:37-44. 2012..b>Microdialysis probes were unilaterally lowered into the CA3 region of the hippocampus, but probes were implanted bilaterally ..
- Extracellular serotonin level in the basolateral nucleus of the amygdala and dorsal periaqueductal gray under unconditioned and conditioned fear states: an in vivo microdialysis studyJanaina M Zanoveli
Instituto de Neurociências and Comportamento INeC, Campus USP, 14040 901 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Brain Res 1294:106-15. 2009..acid (5-HIAA) in the BLA and dPAG during unconditioned and conditioned fear states using in vivo microdialysis procedure...
- Intestinal ischaemia during cardiac arrest and resuscitation: comparative analysis of extracellular metabolites by microdialysisUlrike Korth
Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, Institute of Anesthesiology, University of Heidelberg, 68165 Mannheim, Germany
Resuscitation 58:209-17. 2003..The present study was designed to use microdialysis as a tool to monitor intestinal ischaemia after cardiac arrest and resuscitation in pigs...
- Comparison of brain extracellular fluid, brain tissue, cerebrospinal fluid, and serum concentrations of antiepileptic drugs measured intraoperatively in patients with intractable epilepsyBernhard Rambeck
Biochemical Laboratory of the Epilepsy Research Foundation, University of Munster, Germany
Epilepsia 47:681-94. 2006..measure concentrations of AEDs in the extracellular space of human neocortical tissue by using intraoperative microdialysis (IOMD) in those parts of the brain that had to be removed for therapeutic reasons...
- Medial prefrontal cortex determines how stressor controllability affects behavior and dorsal raphe nucleusJ Amat
Department of Psychology, Campus Box 345, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80903 0345, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:365-71. 2005..This suggests a new function for the mPFCv and implies that the presence of control inhibits stress-induced neural activity in brainstem nuclei, in contrast to the prevalent view that such activity is induced by a lack of control...
- Effect of adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists on L-DOPA-induced hydroxyl radical formation in rat striatumKrystyna Gołembiowska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, Kraków 31 343, Poland
Neurotox Res 15:155-66. 2009..ZM 241385) on L: -3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine (L: -DOPA)-induced hydroxyl radical generation using in vivo microdialysis in the striatum of freely moving rats...
- Dynamic metabolic response to multiple spreading depolarizations in patients with acute brain injury: an online microdialysis studyDelphine Feuerstein
Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:1343-55. 2010..We here characterize the dynamic metabolic response to these events. A microdialysis catheter was inserted into perilesional cortical tissue adjacent to a strip for electrocorticography following ..
- The role of cortical and hypothalamic histamine-3 receptors in the modulation of central histamine neurotransmission: an in vivo electrophysiology and microdialysis studyGunnar Flik
Department of Biomonitoring and Sensoring, Groningen Research Institute of Pharmacy GRIP, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 34:1747-55. 2011..Extracellular histamine levels were determined using the dual (PFC and TMN) probe microdialysis, in freely-moving animals...
- Secretion of ghrelin from rat stomach ghrelin cells in response to local microinfusion of candidate messenger compounds: a microdialysis studyCharlotta Dornonville de la Cour
Unit of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Dept of Exp Med, University of Lund, BMC F13, S 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Regul Pept 143:118-26. 2007..g. calcitonin, glucagon, insulin, PTH). Microdialysis probes were placed in the submucosa of the acid-producing part of the rat stomach...
- Use of rapid sampling microdialysis for intraoperative monitoring of bowel ischemiaS Deeba
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1408-13. 2008..This study used rapid sampling online microdialysis to evaluate the biochemical changes occurring in a segment of human bowel during and after resection, and ..
- Local release of ATP into the arterial inflow and venous drainage of human skeletal muscle: insight from ATP determination with the intravascular microdialysis techniqueStefan P Mortensen
The Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Rigshospitalet, Section 7652, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
J Physiol 589:1847-57. 2011..into the mechanisms by which ATP is released into plasma, we measured plasma [ATP] with the intravascular microdialysis technique at rest and during dynamic exercise (normoxia and hypoxia), passive exercise, thigh compressions and ..
- Cerebral ischemia in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a correlative microdialysis-PET studyAsita S Sarrafzadeh
Charité Campus Virchow Medical Clinic, Humboldt University of Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Stroke 35:638-43. 2004Cerebral microdialysis (MD) is discussed as a technique for detection of cerebral ischemia in subarachnoid hemorrhage; however, clinical data on cerebral blood flow (CBF) are limited in these patients...
- Pubertal acceleration of pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone release in male rats as revealed by microdialysisGlenn C Harris
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Endocrinology 144:163-71. 2003A microdialysis technique was used in male rats to directly assess the postulate that pubertal maturation is associated with accelerated GnRH pulsatility...
- Persistent arterial hyperammonemia increases the concentration of glutamine and alanine in the brain and correlates with intracranial pressure in patients with fulminant hepatic failureFlemming Tofteng
Department of Hepatology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 26:21-7. 2006..By using in vivo brain microdialysis technique together with ICP monitoring in 17 FHF patients (10 females/7 males; median age 49 (range 18 to 66) ..
- Glucocorticoid receptor impairment alters CNS responses to a psychological stressor: an in vivo microdialysis study in transgenic miceA C Linthorst
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Section Neuropsychopharmacology, Kraepelinstrasse 2, D 80804 Munich, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 12:283-91. 2000..putative disturbances on the level of brain neurotransmission in GR-impaired (GR-i) mice using an in vivo microdialysis method...
- Effects of manganese on extracellular levels of dopamine in rat striatum: an analysis in vivo by brain microdialysisL Vidal
Department Functional Biology and Health Sciences, University of Vigo, Campus As Lagoas Marcosende, 36200, Vigo, Spain
Neurochem Res 30:1147-54. 2005..The infusion of MnCl2 removed the increase in DA levels, without affecting DOPAC and HVA levels. Perfusion of NSD 1015 increased the extracellular levels of L-DOPA in striatum, and MnCl2 increased the effect of NSD1015 on L-Dopa...
- Association between elevated brain tissue glycerol levels and poor outcome following severe traumatic brain injuryTobias Clausen
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle Saale, Germany
J Neurosurg 103:233-8. 2005..Recently, it has become feasible to measure via microdialysis cerebral extracellular fluid (ECF) glycerol concentrations at the patient's bedside...
- Effect of cerebral perfusion pressure augmentation on regional oxygenation and metabolism after head injuryAndrew J Johnston
University Department of Anaesthetics, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Crit Care Med 33:189-95; discussion 255-7. 2005In this study we have used O positron emission tomography, brain tissue oxygen monitoring, and cerebral microdialysis to assess the effects of cerebral perfusion pressure augmentation on regional physiology and metabolism in the setting ..
- Opposite influences of endogenous dopamine D1 and D2 receptor activation on activity states and electrophysiological properties of striatal neurons: studies combining in vivo intracellular recordings and reverse microdialysisAnthony R West
Department of Neuroscience, Center for Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
J Neurosci 22:294-304. 2002..of striatal neurons in vivo was investigated by performing intracellular recordings concurrently with reverse microdialysis in chloral hydrate-anesthetized rats...
- Consensus meeting on microdialysis in neurointensive careBo Michael Bellander
Section of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet and Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Intensive Care Med 30:2166-9. 2004b>Microdialysis is used in many European neurointensive care units to monitor brain chemistry in patients suffering subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) or traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Locomotor stimulation produced by 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) is correlated with dialysate levels of serotonin and dopamine in rat brainMichael H Baumann
Clinical Psychopharmacology Section, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:208-17. 2008..Male rats undergoing in vivo microdialysis were housed in chambers equipped with photobeams for measurement of ambulation (i.e...
- Biochemical alterations in the trapezius muscle of patients with chronic whiplash associated disorders (WAD)--a microdialysis studyBjörn Gerdle
Division of Rehabilitation Medicine, Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Faculty of Health Sciences, SE 58185 Linkoping, Sweden
Eur J Pain 12:82-93. 2008..pyruvate, potassium, interleukin-6 (IL-6), and blood flow were determined in the trapezius muscle using a microdialysis technique. Pressure pain thresholds (PPT) over trapezius and tibialis anterior muscles were also assessed...
- Baseline levels of glucose metabolites, glutamate and glycerol in malignant glioma assessed by stereotactic microdialysisMichael Roslin
Department of Neurosurgery, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Neurooncol 61:151-60. 2003The metabolism of high grade astrocytoma was studied in 15 patients using intra-tumoural microdialysis. Two catheters were implanted during a stereotactic biopsy procedure: one in the tumour and one in the peri-tumoural tissue...
- A microdialysis method for the recovery of IL-1beta, IL-6 and nerve growth factor from human brain in vivoCraig D Winter
Neurosurgical Department, Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Neurosci Methods 119:45-50. 2002Intracerebral microdialysis is used extensively as a research tool in the investigation of the neurochemical and metabolic changes that occur following acute brain injury...
- Norepinephrine mediates glucoprivic-induced increase in GABA in the ventromedial hypothalamus of ratsJ L Beverly
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 279:R990-6. 2000..These results support an interaction among noradrenergic and GABAergic systems in the VMN during glucoprivation and that increased NE mediates the increase in extracellular GABA after 2-DG...
- Social context-dependent singing-regulated dopamineAya Sasaki
Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosci 26:9010-4. 2006..Here we show in the first report of in vivo microdialysis in awake, behaving songbirds that singing is associated with increased dopamine levels in Area X...
- In vivo assessment of high-grade glioma biochemistry using microdialysis: a study of energy-related molecules, growth factors and cytokinesHani J Marcus
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Neurooncol 97:11-23. 2010b>Microdialysis enables measurement of the chemistry of the cerebral extracellular fluid...
- The mechanism of 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolines neuroprotection: the importance of free radicals scavenging properties and inhibition of glutamate-induced excitotoxicityLucyna Antkiewicz-Michaluk
Department of Biochemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow, Poland
J Neurochem 97:846-56. 2006..Finally, we demonstrated in an in vivo microdialysis experiment that 1MeTIQ prevents kainate-induced release of excitatory amino acids from the rat frontal cortex...
- New perspectives from microdialysis studies in freely-moving, spontaneously hypertensive rats on the pharmacology of drugs for the treatment of ADHDD J Heal
RenaSci Consultancy Limited, BioCity, Nottingham NG1 1GF, UK
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 90:184-97. 2008..In vivo microdialysis in freely-moving rats has been employed extensively to provide a better understanding of the pharmacodynamics ..
- Plasma, tumor, and tissue disposition of STEALTH liposomal CKD-602 (S-CKD602) and nonliposomal CKD-602 in mice bearing A375 human melanoma xenograftsWilliam C Zamboni
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:7217-23. 2007..For STEALTH liposomal formulations of anticancer agents to achieve antitumor effects, the active drug must be released into the tumor extracellular fluid (ECF)...
- Temporal profile of release of interleukin-1beta in neurotraumaK Fassbender
Department of Neurology, University Clinic Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135, Mannheim, Germany
Neurosci Lett 284:135-8. 2000..In brain tissue perfusates obtained by in vivo microdialysis a marked release of IL-1beta was unexpectedly detected within less than 60 min...
- MK801 suppresses the L-DOPA-induced increase of glutamate in striatum of hemi-Parkinson ratsNadine Jonkers
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Drug Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Brain Res 926:149-55. 2002In vivo microdialysis in freely moving rats was used to investigate the influence of the indirect dopamine receptor agonist levodopa (L-DOPA), alone and combined with the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist dizocilpine (MK801)..
- Extracellular glutamate and other metabolites in and around RG2 rat glioma: an intracerebral microdialysis studyP F Behrens
Department of Neurology, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Germany
J Neurooncol 47:11-22. 2000..After confirmation of tumor growth and localization by contrast enhanced MRI three microdialysis probes were implanted simultaneously in the cortex: at the tumor implantation site (tumor), 2 mm caudally, ..
- Cerebral extracellular chemistry and outcome following traumatic brain injury: a microdialysis study of 223 patientsIvan Timofeev
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Brain 134:484-94. 2011..Monitoring of cerebral extracellular chemistry with microdialysis has the potential for early detection of metabolic derangements associated with such events...
- Splanchnic metabolism during gut ischemia and short-term endotoxin and hemorrhagic shock as evaluated by intravasal microdialysisTobias Backström
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Shock 21:572-8. 2004..a model where shock-induced metabolic changes in the splanchnic region were studied by the use of intravasal microdialysis. 23 anesthetized domestic pigs were randomized into four groups: Group I, serving as controls (n = 5); Group ..
- Determination of phthalate esters from food-contacted materials by on-line microdialysis and liquid chromatographyJen Fon Jen
Department of Chemistry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40217, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 1130:28-33. 2006..released from food-contacted plastics into aqueous solution during microwave conditioning were measured with microdialysis enrichment on-lined high-performance liquid chromatography...
- Microdialysis with radiometric monitoring of L-[β-11C]DOPA to assess dopaminergic metabolism: effect of inhibitors of L-amino acid decarboxylase, monoamine oxidase, and catechol-O-methyltransferase on rat striatal dialysateMaki Okada
Molecular Probe Group, Molecular Imaging Center, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:124-31. 2011..To measure dopaminergic metabolism, we used microdialysis with radiometric detection to monitor L-[β-(11)C]DOPA metabolites in the extracellular space of the rat ..
- Sampling glutamate and GABA with microdialysis: suggestions on how to get the dialysis membrane closer to the synapseK L Drew
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, PO Box 757000, AK 99775 7000, USA
J Neurosci Methods 140:127-31. 2004b>Microdialysis is currently optimized to sample the extrasynaptic pool...
- Regional analyses of CNS microdialysate glucose and lactate in seizure patientsEain M Cornford
Department of Neurology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Epilepsia 43:1360-71. 2002..To correlate glucose (and lactate) results obtained from microdialysate to recent studies suggesting that glucose transporter activity may be significantly altered in seizures...
- Use of osmotic agents in microdialysis studies to improve the recovery of macromoleculesWilliam J Trickler
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986025 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6025, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:1419-27. 2003The availability of microdialysis probes with higher molecular weight cutoff membranes has made it possible to measure larger molecular weight compounds like bioactive peptides and proteins...
- Chronic hyperammonemia induces tonic activation of NMDA receptors in cerebellumNisrin ElMlili
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Centro de Investigacion Principe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
J Neurochem 112:1005-14. 2010..MK-801 also increases nNOS in synaptic membranes and reduces it in cytosol. This indicates that hyperammonemia increases tonic activation of NMDA receptors leading to reduced activity of nNOS and of the glutamate--NO--cGMP pathway...
- Continuous monitoring of cerebral metabolism in traumatic brain injury: a focus on cerebral microdialysisLars Hillered
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Opin Crit Care 12:112-8. 2006This review highlights recent advances in cerebral microdialysis as a tool for neurochemical monitoring of patients with traumatic brain injury.
- Microdialysis microneedles for continuous medical monitoringJeffrey D Zahn
Berkeley Sensor and Actuator Center, University of California, Berkeley, 497 Cory Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720 1774, USA
Biomed Microdevices 7:59-69. 2005..A novel microdialysis microneedle is introduced that is capable of excluding large MW compounds based on size...
- Extracellular brain ammonia levels in association with arterial ammonia, intracranial pressure and the use of albumin dialysis devices in pigs with acute liver failureKerstin Zwirner
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, Tuebingen University Hospital, Tuebingen, Germany
Metab Brain Dis 25:407-12. 2010..All pigs were monitored and treated under intensive care conditions until death. Arterial blood and cerebral microdialysis samples were collected and ICP data recorded...
- Opioid-induced mast cell activation and vascular responses is not mediated by mu-opioid receptors: an in vivo microdialysis study in human skinJames A Blunk
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
Anesth Analg 98:364-70, table of contents. 2004..In this study, we used intradermal microdialysis to assess whether this stimulatory effect of opioids on mast cells depends on the activation of opioid ..
- A method to evaluate the diffusion rate of drugs from a microdialysis probe through brain tissueB H Westerink
University Centre for Pharmacy, Department of Biomonitoring and Sensoring, University of Groningen, Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neurosci Methods 109:53-8. 2001For interpretation of microdialysis experiments in which compounds are applied retrodialysis, it is important to have information about the migration rate of the infused compounds...
- Microdialysis-based analysis of interstitial NO in situ: NO synthase-independent NO formation during myocardial ischemiaClaus Martin
Institut fur Pathophysiologie, Zentrum für Innere Medizin des Universitätsklinikums, Essen, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 74:46-55. 2007..The contribution of NOS-independent pathways to NO synthesis was studied using NOS blockade...
- Tolcapone enhances food-evoked dopamine efflux and executive memory processes mediated by the rat prefrontal cortexC C Lapish
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver BCV6T2A1, Canada
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 202:521-30. 2009..Furthermore, it has been shown previously that COMT inhibitors increase pharmacologically evoked DA but do not affect basal levels in the PFC...
- In vivo induction of P-glycoprotein expression at the mouse blood-brain barrier: an intracerebral microdialysis studyGary N Y Chan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurochem 127:342-52. 2013Intracerebral microdialysis was utilized to investigate the effect of P-glycoprotein (a drug efflux transporter) induction at the mouse blood-brain barrier (BBB) on brain extracellular fluid concentrations of quinidine, an established ..
- AAPS-FDA Workshop White Paper: microdialysis principles, application, and regulatory perspectivesChandra S Chaurasia
Division of Bioequivalence, Office of Generic Drugs, Food and Drug Administration, Room 1360 HFD 650, 7520 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 47:589-603. 2007
- Prostaglandin release by spinal cord injury mediates production of hydroxyl radical, malondialdehyde and cell death: a site of the neuroprotective action of methylprednisoloneD Liu
Departments of Neurology and Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Neurochem 77:1036-47. 2001..The concentration of PGF(2alpha) measured by microdialysis sampling increased threefold immediately following impact injury to the rat spinal cord...
- Metabolism and inflammatory mediators in the peritendinous space measured by microdialysis during intermittent isometric exercise in humansH Langberg
Sports Medicine Research Unit, Department of Rheumatology H, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Physiol 515:919-27. 1999..These processes are important for understanding the development of overuse inflammation and injury. 2. A microdialysis technique was used to determine interstitial concentrations of glycerol, glucose, lactate, prostaglandin E2 (..
- Enhanced human tissue microdialysis using hydroxypropyl-ß-cyclodextrin as molecular carrierMarcus May
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e60628. 2013b>Microdialysis sampling of lipophilic molecules in human tissues is challenging because protein binding and adhesion to the membrane limit recovery...
- Quinidine as an ABCB1 probe for testing drug interactions at the blood-brain barrier: an in vitro in vivo correlation studyIstván Sziráki
Laboratory of Microdialysis, SOLVO Biotechnology, Berlini u 47 49, Budapest, Hungary
J Biomol Screen 16:886-94. 2011..Brain exposure to quinidine was tested in dual-/triple-probe microdialysis experiments in rats by assessing levels of quinidine in blood and brain...
- BBB transport and P-glycoprotein functionality using MDR1A (-/-) and wild-type mice. Total brain versus microdialysis concentration profiles of rhodamine-123E C de Lange
Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Division of Pharmacology, Leiden University, The Netherlands
Pharm Res 15:1657-65. 1998..The effect of P-glycoprotein (Pgp) on brain distribution using mdr1a (-/-) mice was investigated...
- Lactate uptake by the injured human brain: evidence from an arteriovenous gradient and cerebral microdialysis studyIbrahim Jalloh
1 Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurotrauma 30:2031-7. 2013..We recruited 19 patients with diffuse TBI, monitored with cerebral microdialysis and jugular bulb catheters...
- Verification of brain penetration of the unbound fraction of a novel HER2/EGFR dual kinase inhibitor (TAK-285) by microdialysis in ratsFranciska Erdo
Laboratory of Microdialysis, SOLVO Biotechnology, Berlini u 47 49, Budapest H 1045, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 87:413-9. 2012..the present work was to verify the presence of unbound TAK-285 in the rat brain after oral administration by a microdialysis technique with simultaneous sampling of blood and brain...
- Microdialysis of cytokines: methodological considerations, scanning electron microscopy, and determination of relative recoveryAdel Helmy
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurotrauma 26:549-61. 2009Cerebral microdialysis is a monitoring technique with expanding clinical and research utility following traumatic brain injury...
- A qualitative and quantitative proteomic study of human microdialysate and the cutaneous response to injuryCarolyn Gill
Centre for Proteomic Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Southampton, UK
AAPS J 13:309-17. 2011..Sampling of this compartment using continuous microdialysis allows assessment of the temporal changes in extracellular mediators involved in tissue homeostasis and ..
- Exploratory translational modeling approach in drug development to predict human brain pharmacokinetics and pharmacologically relevant clinical dosesW Kielbasa
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 40:877-83. 2012..In this study, we explored the potential utility of this translational approach using rat brain microdialysis and PK modeling techniques to predict human brain extracellular fluid PK of atomoxetine and duloxetine...
- Measurement of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of neuroactive compoundsMohammad S Alavijeh
Pharmidex Pharmaceutical Services Ltd, 72 New Bond Street, London, W1S 1RR, UK
Neurobiol Dis 37:38-47. 2010..In vivo microdialysis provides a powerful method for the measurement of endogenous and exogenous substances in the ISF surrounding ..
- Prostacyclin treatment in severe traumatic brain injury: a microdialysis and outcome studyMagnus Olivecrona
Department of Neurosurgery, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Neurotrauma 26:1251-62. 2009..This study is a prospective consecutive double-blinded randomized study on the effect of PGI(2) versus placebo in severe traumatic brain injury (sTBI). All patients with sTBI were eligible...
- Peroxynitrite generated in the rat spinal cord induces apoptotic cell death and activates caspase-3F Bao
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Boulevard RT 0653, Galveston, TX 77555 0653, USA
Neuroscience 116:59-70. 2003..concentration and duration produced by spinal cord injury by administering S-morpholinosydnonimine through a microdialysis fiber into the gray matter of the rat spinal cord...
- Metabolic markers obtained by microdialysis can detect secondary intestinal ischemia: an experimental study of ischemia in porcine intestinal segmentsHanne Birke-Sorensen
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, 8000, Aarhus, Denmark
World J Surg 34:923-32. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the value of microdialysis (MD) as a monitoring method for detecting ischemia in intestinal transplants.
- Striatal NTS1 , dopamine D2 and NMDA receptor regulation of pallidal GABA and glutamate release--a dual-probe microdialysis study in the intranigral 6-hydroxydopamine unilaterally lesioned ratLuca Ferraro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Pharmacology Section and LTTA Centre, University of Ferrara, Via Fossato di Mortara 17 19, 44100 Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 35:207-20. 2012The current microdialysis study elucidates a functional interaction between the striatal neurotensin NTS(1) receptor and the striatal dopamine D(2) and N-methyl-d-aspartic acid (NMDA) receptors in the regulation of striatopallidal gamma-..
- Identification of metabolites of crude and processed Fructus Corni in rats by microdialysis sampling coupled with electrospray ionization linear quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometryGang Cao
Research Center of TCM Processing Technology, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou 310053, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 56:118-25. 2011A microdialysis (MD) sampling coupled with electrospray ionization linear quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry (LTQ-MS(n)) method has been developed for rapid and sensitive analysis of rat microdialysate metabolite profile of Fructus ..
- A longitudinal study of 5-HT outflow during chronic fluoxetine treatment using a new technique of chronic microdialysis in a highly emotional mouse strainDaniela Popa
Univ Paris Sud, EA 3544, Fac Pharmacie, Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
Eur J Pharmacol 628:83-90. 2010..The function of the 5-HT system in the raphe nuclei and hippocampus, was assessed by using repeated in vivo microdialysis sessions in awake freely moving mice, then studying its relation with behavior, analyzed mainly with open ..
- Effect of adenosine A(2A) receptor antagonists and L-DOPA on hydroxyl radical, glutamate and dopamine in the striatum of 6-OHDA-treated ratsKrystyna Gołembiowska
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 12 Smetna Street, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neurotox Res 21:222-30. 2012..ZM 241385) on hydroxyl radical generation, and glutamate (GLU) and dopamine (DA) extracellular level using a microdialysis in the striatum of 6-OHDA-treated rats...
- Change in brain glucose after enteral nutrition in subarachnoid hemorrhageKosaku Kinoshita
Division of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Acute Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Itabashi, Tokyo
J Surg Res 162:221-4. 2010..In this study, we used brain microdialysis methods to estimate whether the physiologic elevation of plasma glucose following EN affects brain glucose ..
- Brain microdialysis in exercise researchR Meeusen
Department of Human Physiology and Sports Medicine, Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Sports Med 31:965-83. 2001During the last 5 to 10 years, the microdialysis technique has been used to explore neurotransmitter release during exercise...
- Neurotensin regulates cortical glutamate transmission by modulating N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor functional activity: an in vivo microdialysis studyLuca Ferraro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Pharmacology Section and LTTA Centre, Universityof Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Neurosci Res 89:1618-26. 2011The aim of the present in vivo microdialysis study was to investigate whether the tridecapeptide neurotensin (NT) influences the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor-mediated increase of cortical glutamate transmission in freely moving ..
- Interaction between brain chemistry and physiology after traumatic brain injury: impact of autoregulation and microdialysis catheter locationIvan Timofeev
Division of Neurosurgery, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurotrauma 28:849-60. 2011Bedside monitoring of cerebral metabolism in traumatic brain injury (TBI) with microdialysis is gaining wider clinical acceptance...
- Hypothalamic Orexin Role in Menopause-Associated Hot Flashes and Mood/Sleep DisruPHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..focused on whole animal physiology and behavior, combined with in vivo neurochemistry measures using microdialysis;stereotaxic delivery of pharmacological and tract tracing compounds, and ex vivo functional brain imaging ..
- Tyrosine Availability Influences Mesocortico-Limbic CatecholaminesGEORGE EUGENE JASKIW; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use in vivo microdialysis to sample the fluid between brain cells in awake animals and measure dopamine as well as noradrenaline and ..
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..the role of CRFR2 in the CRF-OT relationship using integrative neuroanatomical, neurophysiological, in vivo microdialysis, and behavioral approaches...
- 5-HT transporter function: Interaction of hormones and antidepressantsAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Experiments will be carried out in ovariectomized female rats. The new techniques to be used are in vivo microdialysis and the forced swimming test (FST)...
- The Kallikrein/Kinin-Mast Cell Interaction in Volume OverloadCHIH CHANG KEVIN WEI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using in vivo microdialysis, we have shown that interstitial infusion of BK in the normal rat is associated with increase in MCs and ECM ..
- Mechanisms of Vasovagal SyncopeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our approach is two-fold: 1) We will use intradermal microdialysis and laser Doppler flowmetry (LDF) to delineate the microvascular mechanisms of NO modulation of noradrenergic ..
- Pathogenesis of Postoperative Cognitive DysfunctionZhongcong Xie; Fiscal Year: 2013..with higher baseline A[unreadable] levels), and employ Western blot, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, RT-PCR, microdialysis, RNAi, the Fear Conditioning Test, and an intra-dimensional/extra-dimensional digging task...
- RYGB Improves Metabolism by Interrupting the Gastric Adipose Tissue AxisNaji N Abumrad; Fiscal Year: 2013..approaches: (i) In vivo studies to determine insulin sensitivity in liver and skeletal muscle and microdialysis of subcutaneous adipose tissue to assess tissue-specific oxidative stress, cytokine production and lipolysis...
- HYPOXIA AND CONTROL OF FETAL BREATHING MOVEMENTSBrian J Koos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Inhibitors of ATP degradation and the synaptic release of ATP will be administered locally to Pf via microdialysis while measuring in real time extracellular levels of ADO and ATP in Pf...
- Vascular effects of dietary salt in humans with salt-resistant BPWilliam B Farquhar; Fiscal Year: 2013..dilation and cutaneous vasodilation in response to local heating using laser Doppler flowmetry and intradermal microdialysis will be assessed in the forearm to evaluate the microvasculature...
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS OF REM SLEEP GENERATIONHelen A Baghdoyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Methods include: 1) in vivo microdialysis and microinjection for drug delivery to selective brain regions and for collecting endogenously released ..
- Novel therapy for monoamine neurotransmitter deficiency in PKUCary O Harding; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the final aim of the project, we will investigate, using microdialysis methods, whether acute administration of (6R)-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4), the required cofactor for TH ..
- Microdialysis Studies of Seizure-Induced Oxidative StressCraig E Lunte; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Microdialysis sampling in discrete brain regions along with simultaneous recording of electrocorticographic (ECoG) activity ..
- Dopaminergic Mechanisms of Cytokine-Induced Behavioral ChangeAndrew H Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..To test these hypotheses, in vivo microdialysis of extracellular DA as well as PET neuroimaging of DAT binding and FDOPA uptake will be conducted in animals ..
- Transscleral Transport & Polymeric Delivery of Antibody & Steroids for Macular EdAshim K Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2010..suspended in a thermosensitive PLGA-PEG-PLGA gel, following subconjunctival administration, using ocular microdialysis technique in anesthetized and conscious rabbit model...
- Sex and Stress Mechanisms of Vulnerability to AddictionRajita Sinha; Fiscal Year: 2011..and molecular neuroadaptations within the nucleus accumbens, prefrontal cortex and amygdala using in vivo microdialysis, Western blot analysis of downstream molecular markers (e.g., GluR1, AFosB, CDK5) and proteomics...
- Local Vasoconstriction in Postural Tachycardia SyndromeJulian M Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2013..NO deficiency in LFP caused by Ang-II/oxidase induced oxidative stress? Experiments use intradermal microdialysis probes, laser Doppler flowmetry, and the NO-dependent local heating response to measure Ang-II and Ang-(1-7) ..
- Adult Neurogenesis: Regulation By SleepDENNIS J MCGINTY; Fiscal Year: 2013..DG GABA release will be measured by in vivo microdialysis. We will examine changes in GABA release during specific sleep events, including NREM sleep-associated sharp ..
- Ecstasy and the Dorsomedial HypothalamusDaniel E Rusyniak; Fiscal Year: 2010..for the markers of neuroendocrine activation, HPLC analysis of serum and brain catecholamines, microdialysis and C-fos immunohistochemistry...
- Mechanisms of Cardiac Afferents and CNS Reflex ProcessingJohn C Longhurst; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use combined whole animal reflex, cellular electrophysiological, microdialysis/HPLC measurement and pharmacological approaches in the proposed investigations...
- Mechanisms of regulation of ethanol intake by lateral habenulaJiang Hong Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013..of glutamate receptors using Western blotting, and extracellular levels of glutamate in the LHb and RMTg using microdialysis techniques...
- 5-HT transporter function: Interaction of antidepressants and hormonesAlan Frazer; Fiscal Year: 2013..principal goal of this proposal is to extend these studies using other measures, either neurochemical (in vivo microdialysis) or behavioral (forced swimming test (FST)), to see if additional types of evidence can be obtained showing ..
- Neurobiology of Social SupportCAROL SUE CARTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Measures will include behavioral and neuroendocrine responses (measured by brain microdialysis, cFos and immunocytochemistry, and blood levels of OT, AVP and corticosterone)...
- Cytokine Effects on Amphetamine-Induced Dopamine Release using PET NeuroimagingJennifer C Felger; Fiscal Year: 2011..Preliminary findings from in vivo microdialysis indicate decreased basal ganglia DA under resting conditions and following amphetamine (AMPH) administration ..
- ApoE receptor pathways and abeta metabolismGuojun Bu; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, we will use in vivo microdialysis technique to assess the roles of apoE isoforms and apoE receptors in brain A[unreadable] clearance...
- Unihemispheric sleep: implications for mechanisms of sleep control and function iJerome M Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2013..In pursuance of these objectives, we will use bilateral in vivo microdialysis to monitor the release of key neurotransmitters during these states, Fos immunohistochemistry to identify cell ..
- Negative symptoms of schizophrenia: animal modelsAthina Markou; Fiscal Year: 2013..PCP-induced cognitive deficits and their potential reversal by these atypical antipsychotics by using in vivo microdialysis to measure monoamine, glutamate, and GABA levels in the prefrontal cortex and the nucleus accumbens...
- CNS circuitry and receptors mediating the effects of MDMADaniel E Rusyniak; Fiscal Year: 2013..to determine the effects of inhibiting or exciting the regions of interest on MDMA-evoked responses;and (3) microdialysis techniques to determine how inhibiting or exciting the regions of interest affect GABAergic and glutamatergic ..
- GCs, CRF and Stressor-Induced RelapseJohn R Mantsch; Fiscal Year: 2013..stressor-induced regulation of NA DA and its involvement in stressor-induced cocaine seeking using in vivo microdialysis in and administration of DA receptor antagonists into the NA core and shell...
- Impact of Corticotropin Releasing Factor (CRF) on Sleep RegulationRonald Szymusiak; Fiscal Year: 2013..CRF agonists will be delivered directly into the MnPN and VLPO via a microdialysis probe, while single unit activity is recorded immediately adjacent to the probe...
- Adolescent Binge Drinking Increases Adult Alcohol Intake: Glutamate MechanismsDeborah A Finn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Consistent with the inverse relationship between extracellular glutamate levels (via microdialysis) and nerve terminal glutamate immunolabelling, repeated bouts of binge drinking significantly increased ..
- Modeling Individual Differences in PTSDMarlene A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 uses microdialysis to assess individual differences in amygdalar responses in NPY, CORT and NE during extinction of fear-..
- Serotonergic Contribution to Adolescent Risk TakingANDREW EMMETT ARRANT; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary microdialysis in the prefrontal cortex showed that adolescent rats have a lower serotonergic response to fenfluramine (1, 2...
- Gustatory Control of Sodium AppetiteRalph Norgren; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specifically, we will use (1) central lesions, (2) microdialysis, and (3) FOS immunohistochemistry to determine if parabrachial gustatory neural activity distributed via the ..
- Mechanisms and Consequences of Locus Coeruleus ActivationKENICHIRO HAYASHIDA; Fiscal Year: 2013..by which GBP modulates GABA regulation of pre-synaptic glutamate release in the LC using synaptosomes and microdialysis. Secondly, we will examine mechanisms by which GBP modulates the unique astroglial-neuronal interaction in the ..
- NEURAL STEROIDOGENIC ENZYMES AND BRAIN FUNCTIONBARNETT ALAN SCHLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..this gap we have developed the ability to measure steroid levels in freely-behaving songbirds using in vivo microdialysis. Our findings show that E2 and testosterone (T) levels in the songbird brain fluctuate relatively rapidly ..
- Optogenetic Control of Vigilance State TransitionLuis de Lecea; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will monitor photostimulation-induced changes in Hcrt release by microdialysis. We will also monitor locomotor activity, anxiety, feeding, behavior and sleep/wake parameters...
- In Vivo Brain Dialysis of Neuropeptides and Neuroimmune Signaling ProteinsJulie A Stenken; Fiscal Year: 2012..In particular, microdialysis sampling of these important cytokines and peptides has been difficult to implement...
- Somatic cell gene transfer/neurological &clinical applicationsEn Ju Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..In brief, in 1992 we demonstrated using human microdialysis that adenosine was released in the conscious human brain, and that during an ictal event rose to ..
- Gene-environment interaction: the brain CRF system in alcohol preferring msP ratsMarisa Roberto; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using electrophysiology together with in situ hybridization, autoradiography and brain microdialysis technique, we expect to obtain information at neurocircuitry and at functional levels on the significance of ..
- Influence of Endocrine Disruptors on Reproductive Neuroendocrine FunctionJOSEPH RAYMOND KURIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, to better support this hypothesis, using an in vivo microdialysis approach, they propose to address the following aims: 1) determine the dynamics of GnRH release during BPA ..
- Neurovascular Responses to Reflex Cooling in Essential Hypertensive HumansJODY GREANEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Intradermal microdialysis will be used to assess specific downstream cellular mechanisms (adrenergic- and Rho kinase-mediated pathways) ..
- Nicotine and the roles of nicotinic receptors in a rodent model of schizophreniaRussell W Brown; Fiscal Year: 2013..in a sensitized dopamine response to nicotine in the nucleus accumbens core of adolescent rats as analyzed by microdialysis;3) we have reported enhanced behavioral sensitization and place conditioning to nicotine in rats neonatally ..
- Targeted Library Synthesis and Screening: Allosteric Modulators of TransportersSubramaniam Ananthan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Envisioned in vivo studies with candidate molecules include (i) microdialysis experiments in rats (ii) locomotor studies in rats and (iii) determination of the effects of the compounds ..
- Effects of dietary obesity on midbrain dopamine systemsEMMANUEL POTHOS; Fiscal Year: 2009..pathways of the adult rat midbrain dopamine system (mesoaccumbens, nigrostriatal, corticolimbic) with in vivo microdialysis. Correlate changes in dopamine release with changes in behavior (locomotion, diet consumption, response to ..
- In Vivo Neuronal Modulation via Engineered G Protein-Coupled ReceptorsSARAH CLAIRE ROGAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..To achieve these aims, a variety of techniques will be used, including immunohistochemistry, in vivo microdialysis, measurement of inositol phosphate accumulation, immunoblotting, and stereotaxic viral infusion...
- Mechanisms of Hypertension-induced Renal InjuryAllen W Cowley; Fiscal Year: 2010..be assessed at three time points during the development of hypertension (days 3, 7 and 14) using techniques of microdialysis to collect interstitial fluid for the determination of H2O2 and nitric oxide concentrations...
- Intra Cavitary Pharmacokinetics and Drug Resistance in Pulmonary TuberculosisRUSSELL RYAN KEMPKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..patient cohort of MDR-TB patients undergoing adjunctive surgery in the Republic of Georgia and an innovative microdialysis method we will assess SLD concentrations among various compartments including pulmonary cavities, the site of ..
- (Pro)renin receptor and renovascular hypertensionHelmy M Siragy; Fiscal Year: 2013..cellular and molecular techniques, siRNA and shRNA, Laser Scanning Confocal FRET microscopy and in vivo microdialysis to more rigorously test the proposed ideas...
- Neural Substrates of Phasic versus Sustained FearDavid L Walker; Fiscal Year: 2013..of selected brain regions, and the measurement of extracellular glutamate in different brain areas using microdialysis and high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Brain Norepinephrine and Stress ReactivityDavid A Morilak; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will employ microdialysis, behavioral pharmacology, and anatomical approaches...
- Locus Coeruleus Function and Methylphenidate ActionBARRY DALE WATERHOUSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..analysis of the distribution and density of noradrenergic profiles across various brain regions, 3) microdialysis and high pressure liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection (HPLC-EC) of NE release in sensory and ..
- Stressor controllability and anxiety: role of serotonin and prefrontal cortex.JOHN PAUL CHRISTIANSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..selected brain nuclei, including: microinjection of excitatory or inhibitory compounds during stress, in vivo microdialysis, functional anatomy using retrograde tracing and immunohistochemistry for cellular activity markers...
- Modulating and Monitoring the Foreign Body Response to ImplantsJulie A Stenken; Fiscal Year: 2013..EXPERIMENTAL APPROACH. Microdialysis sampling probes will be used as glucose sensor mimics that can concomitantly deliver mediators aimed to alter ..
- Social Influences on drug reward and monoaminesSondra T Bland; Fiscal Year: 2010..accumbens and medial prefrontal cortex of isolation- or group-reared male and female rats using in vivo microdialysis. Understanding how drug and social rewards interact and how this may be mediated by the prior social ..
- Purinergic Mechanisms in Homeostatic Sleep ControlRadhika Basheer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Receptor specificity will be tested by reverse microdialysis during SD of antagonists of the P2 and, separately, to the A1 receptor...
- Continuous monitoring of anti-fibrinolytic therapy in cardiovascular surgeryFrancis G Spinale; Fiscal Year: 2012..Through the use of microdialysis and microfluidics, the specific aims of this development project are (1) to complete calibration studies of a ..
- Oxidative Stress and Pathological Glutamate Release in StrokeAlexander A Mongin; Fiscal Year: 2013..stress and pathological glutamate release in vivo in a rat model of transient focal ischemia, using a microdialysis approach and the intra-dialysate drug delivery;(AIM 3) to test the neuroprotective potential of the ..
- Essential Hypertension and Human Skin Blood FlowLacy M Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2013..by pairing state-of-the-art nitric oxide (NO) specific in vivo methodologies (local heating and intradermal microdialysis) with in vitro analysis of human skin samples to examine the precise signaling mechanisms underlying impaired ..
- Role of Habenula in Tobacco AddictionRamiro Salas; Fiscal Year: 2013..in which I worked on mice with mutations on nicotinic receptors (nAChR), using behavior, in vivo pharmacology, microdialysis, etc. My current goal is to verify that the conclusions of my mouse research are applicable to humans...
- Neuropeptides, Social Stress and Drugs of AbuseKlaus A Miczek; Fiscal Year: 2013..discrete intracerebral microinjections to stimulate and block CRF-R1 in discrete neural regions, in vivo microdialysis for sampling extraneuronal fluid, high performance liquid chromatography for assaying these samples to ..
- Exercise, histamine receptors, and vascular functionSteven A Romero; Fiscal Year: 2012..agonist will be attempted by using single leg dynamic knee extension exercise along with the placement of microdialysis fibers to remove and infuse molecules and drugs of interest in the active skeletal muscle...
- Restoration of Estradiol Effects on Learning by Cholinergic EnhancementRobert Gibbs; Fiscal Year: 2009..used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease), with and without estradiol, and then studied using in vivo microdialysis and behavioral training...
- Rehabilitation of Stress-Induced InsomniaPingfu Feng; Fiscal Year: 2009..neonatal maternal deprivation, (2) polysomnographic recording, a classic technique for sleep evaluation, (3) microdialysis for extracellular fluid collection and (4) use radioimmunoassay to quantify the levels of CRH and orexins...
- DRUGS OF ABUSE, DOPAMINE & CONTROL BY BRAIN PEPTIDESBARTLEY HOEBEL; Fiscal Year: 1991Our progress in the three years of this grant shows that microdialysis can be used in behaving animals to monitor dopamine (DA), serotonin (SER), and their metabolites during body weight changes, self-stimulation or injection of drugs...
- CONTROL OF ENDOCANNABINOID RELEASE IN VIVODaniele Piomelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to use microdialysis and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry techniques to test the hypothesis that endogenous cannabinoid ..
- 5 HYDROXTRYPTAMINE MECHANISMS OF HALLUCINOGENIC DRUGSDAVID MOKLER; Fiscal Year: 1992..The method of in vivo microdialysis for simultaneous measurement of the extracellular levels of 5-HT and its metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid ..
- OREXIN AND THE CONTROL OF SLEEP AND WAKEFULNESSROBERT MC CARLEY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The key techniques to be used are novel combinations of multi-disciplinary methods including the use of microdialysis perfusion of antisense against mRNA of orexin receptors combined with electrographic recording of behavioral ..
- OXIDATION OF MACROMOLECULES IN SPINAL CORD INJURYDanxia Liu; Fiscal Year: 2001..and an iron chelator (desferrioxamine) into the intrathecal space of the rat spinal cord by a microdialysis or a microcannula loop...
- NUCLEUS ACCUMBENS INVOLVEMENT IN COCAINE REINFORCEMENTGREGORY MARK; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Microdialysis will be used to measure ACh at four time points: 1) during initial exposure to cocaine, 2) after 2 weeks of ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & PHARMACOLOGY OF SLEEP-WAKEFULNESSMahesh Thakkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The key technique to be used is a novel combination of microdialysis and extracellular single unit recording in freely behaving cats. The nonREM sleep phase...
- DEPRESSION--LOCUS COERULEUS AFFECTS DOPAMINE VIA GALANINJAY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2001..in VTA can reverse behavioral depression, and (2) commensurate changes in extracellular DA (measured by microdialysis) in forebrain also occur...
- IN VIVO INVESTIGATIONS USING MICRODIALYSIS SAMPLINGCraig E Lunte; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this proposal is to develop in vivo microdialysis sampling in the colonic mucosa to be used in conjunction with microanalytical techniques to monitor the ..
- Chemotherapy dose monitoring using a wearable, microdialysis-based assay systemGEORGE SUBREBOST; Fiscal Year: 2010..This system will couple microdialysis blood sampling to a miniaturized immunoassay for 5-FU and also with an embedded control system (small computer)..
- Neurochemistry of Cocaine ReinforcementNICHOLAS GOEDERS; Fiscal Year: 2002..experiment (self-administration and yoked infusions) with the complex neurochemical procedure, in vivo microdialysis from different brain areas thought to be involved in the mediation of cocaine-seeking behavior...
- ROLE OF DOPAMINE IN MDMA-INDUCED SEROTONIN DEPLETIONJ Nash; Fiscal Year: 1991..The proposed studies will measure the acute release of DA, 5-HT and their metabolites using in vivo microdialysis following the systemic or local administration of MDMA...