Genomes and Genes
x ray diffraction
Summary: The scattering of x-rays by matter, especially crystals, with accompanying variation in intensity due to interference effects. Analysis of the crystal structure of materials is performed by passing x-rays through them and registering the diffraction image of the rays (CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, X-RAY). (From McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications298 found, 100 shown here
- Global rigid body modeling of macromolecular complexes against small-angle scattering dataMaxim V Petoukhov
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Hamburg, Germany
Biophys J 89:1237-50. 2005..The methods described are implemented in publicly available computer programs running on major hardware platforms...
- Bridging the solution divide: comprehensive structural analyses of dynamic RNA, DNA, and protein assemblies by small-angle X-ray scatteringRobert P Rambo
Life Science Division, Advanced Light Source, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Curr Opin Struct Biol 20:128-37. 2010..Here, we review recent SAXS computational tools, technologies, and applications to nucleic acids and related structures...
- Mapping collagen organization in the human cornea: left and right eyes are structurally distinctCraig Boote
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:901-8. 2006..The present study was designed to examine and compare the organization of collagen fibrils in the corneal stroma of left and right eyes...
- A flexible interface between DNA ligase and PCNA supports conformational switching and efficient ligation of DNAJohn M Pascal
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 24:279-91. 2006..This open-to-closed switch in the conformation of DNA ligase is accommodated by a malleable interface with PCNA that serves as an efficient platform for DNA ligation...
- The finer things in X-ray diffraction data collectionJ W Pflugrath
Molecular Structure Corporation, 9009 New Trails Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 55:1718-25. 1999..The d*TREK software suite for processing diffraction images is briefly introduced, and results from d*TREK are compared with those from another popular package...
- Structure and flexibility within proteins as identified through small angle X-ray scatteringMartin Pelikan
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Missouri in St Louis, St Louis, Missouri 63121, USA
Gen Physiol Biophys 28:174-89. 2009..A genetic algorithm is used to identify the minimal ensemble (minimal ensemble search, MES) required to best fit the experimental data. We demonstrate the use of MES in several model and in four experimental examples...
- X-ray analysis of the eye lens protein gamma-II crystallin at 1.9 A resolutionG Wistow
J Mol Biol 170:175-202. 1983..Three of these residues, Cys18, Cys23 and Cys74, form a cluster in the N-terminal domain.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Robust, high-throughput solution structural analyses by small angle X-ray scattering (SAXS)Greg L Hura
Physical Bioscience Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Methods 6:606-12. 2009..We believe that high-throughput SAXS is an enabling technology that may change the way that structural genomics research is done...
- Candidate cell and matrix interaction domains on the collagen fibril, the predominant protein of vertebratesShawn M Sweeney
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 283:21187-97. 2008....
- Analyzing protein circular dichroism spectra for accurate secondary structuresW C Johnson
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 7305, USA
Proteins 35:307-12. 1999..3% for alpha-helix, 2.6% for 3(10)-helix, 4.2% for beta-strand, 4.2% for beta-turn, 2.7% for poly(L-proline) II type 3(1)-helix, and 5.1% for other structures when compared with the X-ray structure...
- Mechanical behavior of cellulose microfibrils in tension wood, in relation with maturation stress generationBruno Clair
Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere, Kyoto University, Uji Kyoto, Japan
Biophys J 91:1128-35. 2006....
- Material-dependent bone induction by calcium phosphate ceramics: a 2.5-year study in dogH Yuan
Institute of Materials Science and Technology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Biomaterials 22:2617-23. 2001..Although the quality and quantity varied among different ceramics, the induced bone in both HA and BCP ceramics did neither disappear nor grow uncontrollably during the period as long as 2.5 years...
- An improvement in sintering property of beta-tricalcium phosphate by addition of calcium pyrophosphateHyun Seung Ryu
School of Materials Science and Engineering, College of Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea
Biomaterials 23:909-14. 2002..Due to this effect of CPP added to TCP, CPP-doped beta-TCP ceramics with relative density over 95% could be obtained when sintered at 1200 degrees C for 2 h...
- Analysis of X-ray and neutron scattering from biomacromolecular solutionsMaxim V Petoukhov
EMBL, Hamburg Outstation, Germany
Curr Opin Struct Biol 17:562-71. 2007....
- Electrostatic interactions contribute to the folded-back conformation of wild type human factor HAzubuike I Okemefuna
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, Division of Biosciences, Darwin Building, University College London, Gower Street, London, UK
J Mol Biol 391:98-118. 2009..The results of this study show that the conformation of FH is affected by its local environment, and this may be important for its interactions with C3b and when bound to polyanionic cell surfaces...
- Viable osteogenic cells are obligatory for tissue-engineered ectopic bone formation in goatsM C Kruyt
Department of Orthopedics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tissue Eng 9:327-36. 2003..In conclusion, tissue-engineered bone formation in goats can be achieved only with viable constructs of an appropriate scaffold and sufficient BMSCs...
- Biophysical characterization of the interaction of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) with endotoxinsKlaus Brandenburg
Forschungszentrum Borstel, Biophysik, Borstel, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:5972-81. 2002..These data allow to develop a model of the [endotoxin]/[HDL] interaction...
- Molecular architecture of SMC proteins and the yeast cohesin complexChristian H Haering
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell 9:773-88. 2002..The two heads of the V-shaped dimer are connected by different ends of the cleavable Scc1 subunit. Cohesin therefore forms a large proteinaceous loop within which sister chromatids might be entrapped after DNA replication...
- Plastic-embedded protein crystalsRaimond B G Ravelli
EMBL Grenoble, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 181, 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
J Synchrotron Radiat 14:128-32. 2007..The X-ray diffraction data allowed an initial atomic analysis to be made of the effects of freeze-substitution and plastic embedding on biological samples...
- Structure of tumor suppressor p53 and its intrinsically disordered N-terminal transactivation domainMark Wells
MRC Centre for Protein Engineering, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5762-7. 2008..The core domains enveloped the response element in the center of the molecule, with the Taz2-bound TADs projecting outward from the core...
- Spatial mapping of collagen fibril organisation in primate cornea-an X-ray diffraction investigationCraig Boote
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
J Struct Biol 146:359-67. 2004..Implications for the mechanical and optical properties of the cornea are discussed...
- On the propensity of phosphatidylglycerols to form interdigitated phasesGeorg Pabst
Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, 8042 Graz, Austria
Biophys J 93:513-25. 2007....
- The use of X-ray scattering techniques to determine corneal ultrastructureK M Meek
Biophysics Group, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cathays Park, CF10 3NB, Cardiff, UK
Prog Retin Eye Res 20:95-137. 2001....
- Multiple conformations of E. coli Hsp90 in solution: insights into the conformational dynamics of Hsp90Kristin A Krukenberg
Graduate Program in Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Structure 16:755-65. 2008..These studies provide a unique view of Hsp90 conformational dynamics and provide a model for the role of nucleotide in effecting conformational change...
- Effects of oleic acid and its congeners, elaidic and stearic acids, on the structural properties of phosphatidylethanolamine membranesSergio S Funari
Max Planck Institute for Colloids and Interfaces, c o HASYLAB, Notkestrasse 85, D 22603 Hamburg, Germany
J Lipid Res 44:567-75. 2003..ii) Mediterranean diets with high OA intake have been shown to exert protective effects against tumoral and hypertensive pathologies. iii) FFA derivatives have been developed as antitumoral and antihypertensive drugs...
- Differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray diffraction studies of the specificity of the interaction of antimicrobial peptides with membrane-mimetic systemsK Lohner
Institut für Biophysik und Röntgenstrukturforschung, Osterreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften, Steyrergasse 17 VI, A 8010, Graz, Austria
Biochim Biophys Acta 1462:141-56. 1999....
- Small-angle scattering: a view on the properties, structures and structural changes of biological macromolecules in solutionMichel H Koch
European Molecular Biology Laboratory Hamburg Outstation, EMBL c o DESY, Notkestrasse 85, D 22603 Hamburg, Germany
Q Rev Biophys 36:147-227. 2003....
- The ligand-free state of the TPP riboswitch: a partially folded RNA structureMona Ali
Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Mol Biol 396:153-65. 2010..Our results also demonstrate the power of combining experimental small-angle X-ray scattering data with theoretical structure prediction tools in the determination of RNA structures beyond riboswitches...
- The structure and conformation of Lys63-linked tetraubiquitinAjit B Datta
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Mol Biol 392:1117-24. 2009..The results of these studies provide a basis for understanding the differences in the behavior and recognition of Lys63 poly-Ub chains...
- Integration of small-angle X-ray scattering data into structural modeling of proteins and their assembliesFriedrich Förster
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
J Mol Biol 382:1089-106. 2008..Our integration of a SAXS profile into modeling by satisfaction of spatial restraints will facilitate further integration of different kinds of data for structure determination of proteins and their assemblies...
- Structures for amyloid fibrilsO Sumner Makin
Department of Biochemistry, John Maynard Smith Building, School of Life Sciences, University of Sussex, Falmer, East Sussex, UK
FEBS J 272:5950-61. 2005..Here, we describe and compare postulated structural models for the mature amyloid fibril and discuss how the ordered structure of amyloid contributes to its stability...
- On the formation of amelogenin microribbonsJanet Moradian-Oldak
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 114:289-96; discussion 327-9, 382. 2006....
- Collagen organization in the chicken cornea and structural alterations in the retinopathy, globe enlarged (rge) phenotype--an X-ray diffraction studyCraig Boote
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Maindy Road, Cardiff CF24 4LU, UK
J Struct Biol 161:1-8. 2008..We postulate that corneal flattening in rge chickens may be related to biomechanical changes brought about by an alteration in collagen arrangement at the corneal periphery...
- Collagen ultrastructural changes during stromal wound healing in organ cultured bovine corneasChristina S Kamma-Lorger
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
Exp Eye Res 88:953-9. 2009..We conclude that stromal swelling is more rapid for trephine-wounded corneas than in stromal flaps, indicating that the intensity of the corneal healing response depends on the type of injury...
- Structural mechanism of abscisic acid binding and signaling by dimeric PYR1Noriyuki Nishimura
Division of Biological Sciences, Cell and Developmental Biology Section, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Science 326:1373-9. 2009..Site-directed PYR1 mutants designed to disrupt hormone binding lose ABA-triggered interactions with type 2C protein phosphatase partners in planta...
- Structural characterization of unphosphorylated STAT5a oligomerization equilibrium in solution by small-angle X-ray scatteringPau Bernado
Laboratory of Biomolecular NMR, Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, Baldiri Reixac, 10 12, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Protein Sci 18:716-26. 2009..These contacts can be eventually formed or broken to trigger the dramatic modifications in the dimeric arrangement needed for STAT regulation and activity...
- Solution X-ray scattering reveals a novel structure of calmodulin complexed with a binding domain peptide from the HIV-1 matrix protein p17Yoshinobu Izumi
Graduate Program of Human Sensing and Functional Sensor Engineering, Yamagata University, 4 3 16, Jo nan, Yonezawa, Yamagata 992 8510, Japan
Biochemistry 47:7158-66. 2008..The hydrophobic patches of Ca (2+)/CaM are not responsible for the binding with the hydrophobic residues in the peptide, suggesting that CaM plays a role to sequester the myristic acid moiety of p17...
- Solution structures of 2 : 1 and 1 : 1 DNA polymerase-DNA complexes probed by ultracentrifugation and small-angle X-ray scatteringKuo Hsiang Tang
Department of Chemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:849-60. 2008....
- Crystal nucleation, growth, and morphology of the synthetic malaria pigment beta-hematin and the effect thereon by quinoline additives: the malaria pigment as a target of various antimalarial drugsInna Solomonov
Department of Materials and Interfaces, The Weizmann Institute of Science, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
J Am Chem Soc 129:2615-27. 2007..As a test, a dibehenoyl-phosphatidylcholine monolayer transferred onto OTS-Si wafer nucleated far more beta-hematin crystals, albeit randomly oriented, than a reference OTS-Si...
- Structural characterization of the active and inactive states of Src kinase in solution by small-angle X-ray scatteringPau Bernado
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Parc Cientific de Barcelona, Josep Samitier, 1 5, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Mol Biol 376:492-505. 2008..The regulation model emerging from this study, including at least three different conformational states, allows the tight regulation of the enzyme without compromising fast response in the presence of natural targets...
- Calorimetric, x-ray diffraction, and spectroscopic studies of the thermotropic phase behavior and organization of tetramyristoyl cardiolipin membranesRuthven N A H Lewis
Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Biophys J 92:3166-77. 2007..Finally, we discuss the biological relevance of the unique properties of TMCL to the structure and function of cardiolipin-containing biological membranes...
- Mechanism of the lamellar/inverse hexagonal phase transition examined by high resolution x-ray diffractionMichael Rappolt
Institute of Biophysics and X ray Structure Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, c o Sincrotrone Trieste, 34012 Basovizza, Italy
Biophys J 84:3111-22. 2003....
- ATP ground- and transition states of bacterial enhancer binding AAA+ ATPases support complex formation with their target protein, sigma54Baoyu Chen
Integrative Biosciences Graduate Degree Program, Chemical Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Structure 15:429-40. 2007....
- End-to-end stacking and liquid crystal condensation of 6 to 20 base pair DNA duplexesMichi Nakata
Department of Physics and Liquid Crystal Materials Research Center, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0390, USA
Science 318:1276-9. 2007..In a chemical environment where oligomer ligation is possible, such ordering and condensation would provide an autocatalytic link whereby complementarity promotes the extended polymerization of complementary oligomers...
- Supramolecular assembly of amelogenin nanospheres into birefringent microribbonsChang Du
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Science 307:1450-4. 2005....
- Structure and gene silencing activities of monovalent and pentavalent cationic lipid vectors complexed with siRNANathan F Bouxsein
Materials Department, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Biochemistry 46:4785-92. 2007..This property of CL-siRNA complexes contrasts to CL-DNA complexes, where the optimized transfection efficiencies of multivalent and monovalent lipids are comparable...
- Low resolution structural models of the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain of upstream stimulatory factor 1 and its complexes with DNA from small angle X-ray scattering dataEkaterina P Lamber
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Hamburg Outstation, D 22603 Hamburg, Germany
Biophys J 94:193-7. 2008....
- Molecular orientation of collagen in intact planar connective tissues under biaxial stretchJun Liao
Department of Bioengineering and the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Acta Biomater 1:45-54. 2005..The results of this first study suggest that collagen fiber/molecular kinematics under biaxial stretch are more complex than under uniaxial deformation, and warrant future studies...
- Structural analysis of flexible proteins in solution by small angle X-ray scattering combined with crystallographySusan E Tsutakawa
Life Science Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Struct Biol 158:214-23. 2007....
- Increasing the diffraction limit and internal order of a membrane protein crystal by dehydrationAnling Kuo
Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
J Struct Biol 141:97-102. 2003..Dehydration of integral membrane protein crystals should be one of the procedures included in the initial screening for appropriate crystals and as a method of improving the diffraction limits of existing crystals...
- Mono- and trivalent ions around DNA: a small-angle scattering study of competition and interactionsKurt Andresen
School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Biophys J 95:287-95. 2008..We also obtained an estimate for the minimum number of trivalent ions needed to initiate DNA-DNA attraction...
- Trapping of the thioacylglyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase intermediate from Bacillus stearothermophilus. Direct evidence for a flip-flop mechanismSebastien Moniot
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Modélisation des Matériaux Minéraux et Biologiques, UMR CNRS Université Henri Poincaré UHP 7036
J Biol Chem 283:21693-702. 2008..The locations of both the O1 atom and the C3-phosphate group of the substrate are also changed. Altogether, the results provide evidence for the flipping of the C3-phosphate group occurring concomitantly or after the redox step...
- Tracing coffee tabletop tracesJork Leiterer
BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Richard Willstatter Strasse 11, 12489 Berlin, Germany
Langmuir 24:7970-8. 2008....
- Observation of a membrane fusion intermediate structureLin Yang
National Synchrotron Light Source, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Science 297:1877-9. 2002..The observation of the stalk structure supports the stalk hypothesis for membrane fusion and enables the measurement of these parameters experimentally...
- Crystal and solution structure, stability and post-translational modifications of collapsin response mediator protein 2Viivi Majava
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oulu, Finland
FEBS J 275:4583-96. 2008..By a proteomic approach, we further identified a number of post-translational modifications in CRMP-2 from rat brain hippocampus and mapped them onto the crystal structure...
- Crystal structure of human complement protein C8gamma at 1.2 A resolution reveals a lipocalin fold and a distinct ligand binding siteEric Ortlund
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the School of Medicine, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29208, USA
Biochemistry 41:7030-7. 2002..Access to the calyx may be regulated by movement of this loop in response to conformational changes in C8alpha during MAC formation...
- Calcium triggered L alpha-H2 phase transition monitored by combined rapid mixing and time-resolved synchrotron SAXSAnan Yaghmur
Institute of Biophysics and Nanosystems Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Graz, Austria
PLoS ONE 3:e2072. 2008....
- Characterization of the products of the heme detoxification pathway in malarial late trophozoites by X-ray diffractionD S Bohle
Department of Chemistry, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071 3838, USA
J Biol Chem 272:713-6. 1997..2176(4), b = 14.7184(5), c = 8.0456(3) A; alpha = 90.200(2), beta = 96.806(3), gamma = 97.818(3) degrees and Z = 2. These results unambiguously demonstrate that hemozoin crystallites are identical to synthetic beta-hematin...
- The Pyrococcus exosome complex: structural and functional characterizationCelso Raul Romero Ramos
Department of Biochemistry, Chemistry Institute, University of Sao Paulo, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Biol Chem 281:6751-9. 2006..The results shown here also indicate the participation of the exosome in RNA metabolism in Archaea, as was established in Eukarya...
- X-ray microbeam and electron diffraction experiments on developing xylem cell wallsMartin Muller
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, B P 220, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex, France
Biomacromolecules 3:182-6. 2002..We suggest the more applicable concept of microfibrils with increasing lateral disorder, similar to cellulose IV(I)...
- Investigation of the conformational states of Wzz and the Wzz.O-antigen complex under near-physiological conditionsKuo Hsiang Tang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Biochemistry 46:11744-52. 2007..Our finding may shed light on the biological mechanism of Wzz as a chain length determinant of O-antigen...
- Collagen fibrils appear more closely packed in the prepupillary cornea: optical and biomechanical implicationsCraig Boote
Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2941-8. 2003..The present study was designed to quantify the collagen fibril spacing and diameter across the normal human cornea and to relate this to the properties of the tissue...
- Evolution of a neuroprotective function of central nervous system myelinXinghua Yin
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cell Biol 172:469-78. 2006..These data support the hypothesis that the P0-PLP shift during vertebrate evolution provided a vital neuroprotective function to myelin-forming CNS glia...
- Lamellar orientation in human cornea in relation to mechanical propertiesCraig Boote
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Wales, UK
J Struct Biol 149:1-6. 2005..It is possible that, through a direct impact on the elastic modulus of the tissue, an imbalance of superior-inferior and nasal-temporal fibrils in some eyes might affect corneal shape...
- The archaeal exosome core is a hexameric ring structure with three catalytic subunitsEsben Lorentzen
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Struct Mol Biol 12:575-81. 2005..The high sequence similarity of this archaeal exosome to eukaryotic exosomes and its high structural similarity to the bacterial mRNA-degrading PNPase support a common basis for RNA-degrading machineries in all three domains of life...
- Fold recognition aided by constraints from small angle X-ray scattering dataWenjun Zheng
Department of Physics, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 18:209-19. 2005..Our results show that the use of SAXS data with gapless threading significantly improves the performance of fold recognition...
- Cubic phases and cubic phase dispersions in a phospholipid-based systemMarkus Johnsson
Camurus AB, IDEON, Gamma 2, Sölvegatan 41, SE 223 70, Lund, Sweden, and Physical Chemistry 1, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, PO Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
J Am Chem Soc 127:1076-7. 2005..The cubic phase formed by the DOPE/PEG(660)-GMO/water system coexists with water in the dilute part of the phase diagram and can be fragmented into colloidal size particles with retained cubic phase structure...
- Reduction of the pea ferredoxin-NADP(H) reductase catalytic efficiency by the structuring of a carboxyl-terminal artificial metal binding siteDaniela L Catalano-Dupuy
Molecular Biology Division, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipacha 531, S2002LRK Rosario, Argentina
Biochemistry 45:13899-909. 2006..Our results provide experimental evidence which indicates that mobility of the carboxyl-terminal backbone region of the FNR, mainly Tyr308, is essential for obtaining an FNR enzyme with high catalytic efficiency...
- Mail-in crystallography program at Brookhaven National Laboratory's National Synchrotron Light SourceHoward Robinson
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 62:1336-9. 2006..It also accelerates the innovation of new productivity tools, which benefit users who come to NSLS beamlines as well as those who use the mail-in program...
- In situ sensing of salinity in oriented lipid multilayers by surface X-ray scatteringHeinz Amenitsch
Institute of Biophysics and X ray Structure Research, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Schmiedlstrasse 6, 8042 Graz, Austria
Langmuir 20:4621-8. 2004..However, upon annealing the defect regions or regions of high curvature in the oriented lipid matrix, e.g. by low amounts of oleyl alcohol (OA), the system is able to sense osmotic stress upon addition of a salt solution...
- Comparative study of fibrillar collagen arrangement in the corneas of primates and other mammalsSally Hayes
Structural Biophysics Research Group, School of Optometry and Vision Institute, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:1542-50. 2007..This finding may be related to differences in the frequency of action and the forces generated by the various extraocular muscles during eye movement and image fixation...
- Polyglutamine homopolymers having 8-45 residues form slablike beta-crystallite assembliesDeepak Sharma
Biology Department, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA
Proteins 61:398-411. 2005..Moreover, the slab thickness indicates that K2Q45K2, rather than forming a water-filled nanotube, must form multiple reverse turns...
- New insights into ultrastructure, lipid composition and organization of vernix caseosaRobert Rissmann
Department of Drug Delivery Technology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 126:1823-33. 2006..The results suggest a lower degree of ordering of VC lipids as compared to the SC. A small-angle X-ray diffraction study showed similar results...
- Characterisation of bicontinuous cubic liquid crystalline systems of phytantriol and water using cryo field emission scanning electron microscopy (cryo FESEM)S B Rizwan
New Zealand s National School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Micron 38:478-85. 2007..Cryo FESEM provides a new technique to complement cryo TEM and SAXS for investigating their structure and function...
- Three-dimensional structure of the tetragonal crystal form of egg-white avidin in its functional complex with biotin at 2.7 A resolutionL Pugliese
Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia, Universita di Pavia, Italy
J Mol Biol 231:698-710. 1993..Hen egg-white avidin shows clear structural homology to streptavidin, from Streptomyces avidinii, but significant deviations can be observed in some regions...
- Protein driven patterning of self-assembled cubosomic nanostructures: long oriented nanoridgesAngelina Angelova
J Phys Chem B 109:3089-93. 2005....
- Real-space protein-model completion: an inverse-kinematics approachHenry van den Bedem
Joint Center for Structural Genomics, Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Laboratory, SLAC, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:2-13. 2005..Experimental results show that fitted fragments are in excellent agreement with the final refined structure for lengths of up to 12-15 residues in areas of weak or ambiguous electron density, even at medium to low resolution...
- Target recognition by calmodulin: the role of acid region contiguous to the calmodulin-binding domain of calcineurin AMasahiro Noguchi
Graduate Program of Human Sensing and Functional Sensor Engineering, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamagata University, 4 3 16, Jo nan, Yonezawa 992 8510, Japan
FEBS Lett 573:121-6. 2004....
- Measuring the resolution of uncompressed plastic sections cut using an oscillating knife ultramicrotomeKasim Sader
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
J Struct Biol 159:29-35. 2007..The results nevertheless suggest that improvements in ultramicrotomy will be important for bringing thin-sectioning and tomography of plastic-embedded cells and tissues to the point where macromolecule shapes can be resolved...
- Amyloid fibril formation by lens crystallin proteins and its implications for cataract formationSarah Meehan
Biological Physics Group, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0HE, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:3413-9. 2004..The ability of the crystallins to convert into fibrils under destabilizing conditions suggests that this process could contribute to the development of cataract with aging...
- Inter-DNA attraction mediated by divalent counterionsXiangyun Qiu
School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Phys Rev Lett 99:038104. 2007..This surprising observation is corroborated by independent light scattering experiments. The dependence of the observed attraction on experimental parameters including DNA length provides valuable clues to its origin...
- X-ray scattering used to map the preferred collagen orientation in the human cornea and limbusHossein Aghamohammadzadeh
Structural Biophysics Group, Cardiff School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3NB, UK
Structure 12:249-56. 2004..The detailed structural information provided is an important step toward understanding the shape and the mechanical properties of the tissue...
- Conformational differences among solution structures of the type Ialpha, IIalpha and IIbeta protein kinase A regulatory subunit homodimers: role of the linker regionsDominico Vigil
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 337:1183-94. 2004....
- Structural variation of tracheids in Norway spruce (Picea abies [L.] Karst.)M P Sarén
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Struct Biol 136:101-9. 2001..The thickness of the cell wall varied between 2.8 and 3.5 microm. Automatic cell lumen and cell wall recognition procedures were developed for the analysis of the images of the cross sections of the cells...
- Annulus of collagen fibrils in mouse cornea and structural matrix alterations in a murine-specific keratopathyAndrew J Quantock
Structural Biophysics Group, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:1906-11. 2003..Mice with corneas predisposed to topographical changes (the SKC strain) were also examined, to establish the size and spacing of stromal collagen fibrils and the integrity of the annulus...
- The BioCAT undulator beamline 18ID: a facility for biological non-crystalline diffraction and X-ray absorption spectroscopy at the Advanced Photon SourceR Fischetti
The Biophysics Collaborative Access Team BioCAT, Department of Biological Chemical and Physical Sciences, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616, USA
J Synchrotron Radiat 11:399-405. 2004..The beamline and associated instrumentation are described in detail and examples of the representative experimental results are presented...
- The binding of myristoylated N-terminal nonapeptide from neuro-specific protein CAP-23/NAP-22 to calmodulin does not induce the globular structure observed for the calmodulin-nonmyristylated peptide complexN Hayashi
Division of Biomedical Polymer Science, Institute for Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Protein Sci 9:1905-13. 2000....
- Crystal structure of globular domain of histone H5 and its implications for nucleosome bindingV Ramakrishnan
Biology Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973
Nature 362:219-23. 1993..The structure shows a striking similarity to the DNA-binding domain of the catabolite gene activator protein CAP, thereby providing a possible model for the binding of GH5 to DNA...
- Total lipids with short and long acyl chains from Acholeplasma form nonlamellar phasesA S Andersson
Department of Physical Chemistry, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Biophys J 75:2877-87. 1998..MADGlcDAG in particular contributes very powerfully to this tendency...
- Organization of corneal collagen fibrils during the healing of trephined wounds in rabbitsChe J Connon
Biophysics Group, Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, United Kingdom
Wound Repair Regen 11:71-8. 2003..We speculate that collagen is artefactually displaced during trephination, resulting in an abnormal alignment of the fibrils surrounding the wound edge, and that this influences the wound healing process...
- A single-source solid-precursor method for making eco-friendly doped semiconductor nanoparticles emitting multi-color luminescenceK Manzoor
Materials Development Group, Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur 342 011, Rajasthan, India
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:463-73. 2007....
- Dehydration of risedronate hemi-pentahydrate: analytical and physical characterizationCathy Lester
Analytical Department, Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Mason, Ohio, USA
J Pharm Sci 95:2631-44. 2006..Adjustment of the crystal lattice appears to compromise crystal integrity and can result in reduced crystallite and particle sizes...
- Crystal growth, thermal and optical studies on a semiorganic nonlinear optical material for blue-green laser generationJ Ramajothi
Department of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 68:1213-9. 2007..The optical birefringence was measured in the visible region as a function of temperature in the range 30-150 degrees C by interference technique...
- Corticosteroid microparticles produced by supercritical-assisted atomization: process optimization, product characterization, and "in vitro" performanceG Della Porta
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Chimica e Alimentare, Universita di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, 84084 Fisciano SA, Italy
J Pharm Sci 95:2062-76. 2006..The results shown that SAA-glucocorticoids have retained the activity of the parent untreated compounds and, in the case of dexamethasone, SAA processing improves drug performance...
- Hydrate modifications of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug diclofenac sodium: Solid-state characterisation of a trihydrate formMonica Bartolomei
Dipartimento del Farmaco, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:443-9. 2007..Furthermore, this study suggests that isomorphic hydrate forms with a different dislocation of water within the crystal structures can exist...
- Stable sugar-based protein formulations by supercritical fluid dryingNatasa Jovanović
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences UIPS, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Pharm 346:102-8. 2008....
- Enhanced dissolution of oxcarbazepine microcrystals using a static mixer processD Douroumis
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Lessing Strasse 8, D 07743 Jena, Germany
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 59:208-14. 2007..The static mixer technique was proved capable for micro-sized polymeric particles. This is an inexpensive, less time consuming and fully scalable process for development of poorly soluble drugs...
- Selected morphological and functional properties of extruded acetylated starch-cellulose foamsJunjie Guan
Department of Biological Systems Engineering and Industrial Agricultural Products Center, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68583 0730, USA
Bioresour Technol 97:1716-26. 2006..Cellulose content, barrel temperature and screw speed showed significant effects on thermal, physical and mechanical properties of extruded foams and the specific mechanical energy requirement...
- Dye-sensitized solar cells based on nanocrystalline titania electrodes made at various sintering temperaturesElias Stathatos
Engineering Science Department, University of Patras, 26500 Patras, Greece
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 7:555-9. 2007..Sintering extensively affected short circuit current but had small effect on device open-circuit voltage. Thus satisfactory photovoltaic response could be obtained even with devices made of non-sintered (room-temperature) titania...
- Polyurethane networks from fatty-acid-based aromatic triols: synthesis and characterizationGerard Lligadas
Departament de Quimica Analitica i Quimica Organica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Campus Sescelades, Marcel li Domingo s n, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Biomacromolecules 8:1858-64. 2007..Partial crystallinity and phase separation were detected in samples with hard-segment content of 50%...
- Surface analysis of cryofixation-vacuum-freeze-dried polyaluminum chloride-humic acid (PACl-HA) flocsYili Wang
Environmental Science, College of Environmental Science and Engineering, The Key Laboratory for Silviculture and Conservation of Ministry of Education, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 100083, PR China
J Colloid Interface Sci 316:457-66. 2007..The pore surface D(s) values calculated through thermodynamic model were much greater than three...
- THYROID PEROXIDASE AS AN AUTOANTIGENBasil Rapoport; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Three-Dimensional Imaging of Whole Cells by Using X-ray Diffraction MicroscopyJianwei Miao; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel imaging technique will be applied to the localization of multiprotein complexes inside whole cells. ..
- FTIR STUDY OF SIGNAL TRANSDUCTION IN SENSORY RHODOPSINSKenneth J Rothschild; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this project we will use an array of advanced IR-based techniques to examine the detailed molecular events which lead to signal activation in SRs including new methods to study these proteins inside living cells. ..
- Biomaterials (Mf/Zn/F-BCPs) for osteoporosis therapyYu Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..These results will greatly impact public health and alleviate the tremendous socio- economic burden associated with osteoporosis. ..
- Functional Amyloid Formation in Streptococcus mutansL Jeannine Brady; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together these Aims will reveal the contribution of amyloid formation to S. mutans biology, and demonstrate the feasibility of amyloid inhibition as a therapeutic approach to preventing biofilm formation by this pathogen. ..
- Synchrotron imaging of crystalline biofilms in urinary cathetersAaron I Packman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project results will indicate how the crystalline structure influences the development of Proteus biofilms on urinary catheters and suggest improved strategies for treating these infections and for preventing catheter blockage. ..
- Designing an Integrated Nanoscale System for Ion Channel Structure-Function StudyRatneshwar Lal; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Titin Splicing Mechanisms and Physical ImplicationsMarion L Greaser; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition the rat mutation model we have developed should help to understand mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmia and sudden death. ..
- Structural Dynamics of Cardiac Muscle ContractionBrett A Colson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since defects in this protein cause human heart disease, this research is likely to have substantial impact on therapeutic approaches to heart disease. ..
- Structural studies of PKR regulation by viral non-coding RNAGRAEME LESLIE CONN; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Simultaneous Time-Resolved X-ray Spectroscopy and Crystallography: A MechanisticRosalie Tran; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Cancer cell signaling through lipids complexed to proteinsRAYMOND DANIEL BLIND; Fiscal Year: 2013..The candidate will expand his research program as an independent investigator with the training afforded by this K01 award, opening new avenues to cancer research. ..
- X-RAY AND CHEMICAL STUDIES OF METALLOPORPHYRINSW Robert Scheidt; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effect of pressure will be investigated through the measurement of the NRVS spectrum at pressures up to about 8 GPa. Whenever possible, these measurements will be made on an oriented crystal specimen. ..
- Structures of Lipid-DNA Nonviral Gene Delivery Systems 4Cyrus R Safinya; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- A shared macromolecular X-ray diffraction system in RochesterJoseph E Wedekind; Fiscal Year: 2010..We request a state-of-the-art system that will be maintained as a shared resource, and integrated with the goals of our existing NIH-funded strategic Centers whose primary mission is to improve public health. ..
- CARDIAC CONTRACTILE KINETICSMichael Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Structural origin of fibrin clot mechanical propertiesJohn W Weisel; Fiscal Year: 2012..More generally, this research involves the determination of relationships between molecular structure and the mechanical properties of a remarkable biological material, the blood clot. ..
- Structure, Activity &Physiological Role of HemichannelsRatneshwar Lal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Mechanistic information gained from our study will then be used for designing effective prevention and treatment of diseases, including cardiac arrhythmias, neurodegenerative diseases, and cancer. ..
- Energetics of oligonucleotide conformational heterogeneityAlexander D MacKerell; Fiscal Year: 2013..The improved force fields will then be used to develop new agents for use in gene therapy and to understand the impact of environmental toxins on DNA and how they adversely affect DNA replication, thereby leading to cancer. ..
- Diffraction Methods in Molecular Biology Gordon Research ConferenceNANCY RYAN GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2010..The 2010 Gordon Research Conference in Diffraction Methods in Structural Biology seeks to advance the techniques used in structure determination by providing a forum for the presentation and discussion of recent developments. ..
- OSU Crystallography Facility: Acquisition of Crystallization RobotMichael K Chan; Fiscal Year: 2010..The crystallization robot requested in this proposal will help to grow crystals faster and thereby accelerate the ability of our NIH funded investigators to address issues of fundamental relevance to human health. ..
- X-RAY STUDIES OF SOD IN AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSISPETER JOHN HART; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Next Generation Neutron Diffraction Detector for NeuroscienceW B FELLER; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- LIPID AND PROTEIN EFFECTS ON MONOLAYER STABILITYJOSEPH ANTHONY ZASADZINSKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Native SP-A, B and C will be compared to peptide mimics to evaluate the efficacy of the peptides. ..
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Enhancing In Vitro Antimicrobial Activity of Common Antibiotics with CyclopeptideMaria Ngu-Schwemlein; Fiscal Year: 2012..These fundamental studies are expected to demonstrate the potential of bacterial membrane-disrupting molecules in enhancing the efficacy of some antibiotics and in prevailing over antibiotic resistance. ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERMike M Mueckler; Fiscal Year: 2010..This aim will be conducted in collaboration with Dr. Da-Neng Wang at NYU. ..
- Small-molecule Inhibition of the Interactions of the Urokinase Receptor: A TargeSamy Meroueh; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Computing Infrastructure to Advance Biomedical ResearchTHOMAS FURLANI; Fiscal Year: 2010..S.), and the Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute (home to Nobel Laureate Dr. Herbert Hauptman), which have a long history of collaboration and are all located within one block in downtown Buffalo, NY.) ..
- Femtosecond nano-crystallography of membrane proteinsPetra Fromme; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Optimization of Membrane Protein Production for CrystallizationMark E Dumont; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Role of apoE structure and metabolism in neurodegenerationRobert W Mahley; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies hold the potential to identify new therapeutic approaches to reverse the effects of apoE4 on Alzheimer's disease. ..
- LIGHT-DRIVEN ION TRANSPORT IN BACTERIAL RHODOPSINSJanos K Lanyi; Fiscal Year: 2013..It will take advantage of novel features in a newly discovered family of pumps, and extend the range of possible mechanistic elements that add up to the translocation of the ion in these membrane devices. ..
- ALPHA-V INTEGRINS AND ADENOVIRUS CELL ENTRYGlen R Nemerow; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such knowledge should bolster the emerging knowledge of how non-enveloped viruses breach host cell membranes as well as provide a foundation for the development of safer and more efficient viral vectors. ..
- Structural investigation of a GABA receptor subtypeDEREK CLAXTON; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this work will substantially contribute to the understanding of GABAA receptor structure and the allosteric effects of ligand binding on channel behavior. ..
- Structural characterization of a human neurotransmitter transporterKevin H Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..This application seeks to better understand how drugs affect neurotransmitter transporters by both abused and therapeutic drugs in the hope that more effective compounds can be developed. ..
- Replacement of an aging X-ray diffraction system for protein crystallographyLiang Tong; Fiscal Year: 2012..The requested instrument will be a crucial component of research on proteins of fundamental biological importance, as well as structure-based drug discovery against human diseases (obesity, diabetes, cancer and others). ..
- New Leads Against Cancer and Infectious Diseases from Puerto Rican Reef SpeciesAbimael D Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- High-Spin Iron(IV)-oxo Complexes-True Mimics of Enzymatic Non-Heme IronAIDAN RICHARD MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately this will allow us to more efficiently develop medicines to treat certain illnesses, and for the 'clean'natural removal of toxins from the environment. ..
- INTEGRIN ASSOCIATED PROTEIN/CD47 IS A THROMBOSPONDIN RECEPTORWilliam A Frazier; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CENTER FOR BIOMOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICSStephen R Sprang; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Structure and function of proteasome biogenesis associated proteins 1 and 2Erik Kish-Trier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Successful outcome will provide structural and functional insight into proteasome function in general and Pba1/2 in particular. ..
- Cross-scale interactions between mineral and collagen for tendon-bone attachmentStavros Thomopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, these models and data form the foundation of future tissue engineering efforts and efforts to identify clinically useful metrics of tendon-to-bone tissue health. ..
- CENTER FOR BIOMOLECULAR STRUCTURE AND DYNAMICSStephen R Sprang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Bright and Fast Sensor for Time Resolved X-Ray Diffraction StudiesVIVEK V NAGARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF CHEMORECEPTIONGerald L Hazelbauer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Overall, the proposed research will increase understanding of signaling by transmembrane receptors. Such signaling, present in many life processes, is relevant to human health and disease. ..
- Metal ion export in bacteriaEdward W Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The specific aims are to determine the structural basis of heavy-metal ion interactions with: (1) the CusA inner membrane efflux pump, (2) the CusC outer membrane channel, and (3) the CusB membrane fusion protein. ..
- JCIMPT-ComplexesRaymond C Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2013..These proteins (e.g. human G-protein coupled receptors) are the target of the majority of therapeutic drug targets. There is a critical need to develop breakthrough technologies to enable better characterization of this protein family. ..
- An Alternative Strategy for Macromolecular CrystallizationAlexander McPherson; Fiscal Year: 2011..The strategy proposed here is essentially orthogonal to current approaches and has an objective of doubling the success rate of today. ..
- Molecular interactions between soluable host factors and a gene delivery vectorVijay S Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that these investigations will provide greater understanding of mechanism and underlying molecular interactions involved in adenovirus transduction of liver hepatocytes. ..
- Role of unique ADP-ribosylating vacuolating Mycoplasma pneumoniae toxin iJOEL BARRY BASEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..pneumoniae/CARDS TX biology and virulence mechanisms. ..
- Roles of nebulin in structure and function of straited muscleHenk L Granzier; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ROLE OF CELL INTEGRINS IN ADENOVIRAL CONJUNCTIVITISGlen R Nemerow; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- CRYSTALLOGRAPHIC STUDIES ON RIBOSOMAL PARTICLESADA E YONATH; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies have already illuminated principles of drug selectivity, and provided significant basic knowledge of possible pathways of drug resistance, hence paving the way to improve therapeutic properties. ..
- Center for Structure of Membrane ProteinsRobert M Stroud; Fiscal Year: 2013..3.1, one of the world's most productive protein crystallography facilities. Overall, the combined expertise of principal investigators provides a unique environment to achieve the proposed aims. ..
- MYOFIBRILLAR STRUCTURE OF STRIATED MUSCLEMICHAEL KAY REEDY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PROTEOMICS AND BIOMINERALIZATION OF DENTINCharles Sfeir; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CSHL X-Ray Methods in Structural BiologyTERRI I GRODZICKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..This enables the training of new researchers who can not only solve structures relevant to their field of biological endeavor but also contribute to translational approaches including rational drug design. ..
- Structure and Function of Neurotransmitter TransportersJames E Gouaux; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Dual-Beam Scanning Electron Microscope for New York Structural Biology CenterDavid L Stokes; Fiscal Year: 2010..By adding the new technologies provided by dual-beam SEM those already supported at NYSBC, we will significantly enhance its standing as a hub of structural biology in the greater New York metropolitan area. ..
- Hepatitis C virus E2 glycoproteinMansun Law; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ADVANCED HIGH-RESOLUTION TWO-DIMENSIONAL X-RAY DETECTOR FOR MAMMOGRAPHYJACQUELINE ANNE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2011..d) Comparing the performance of the new system with the GE Essential and FujiFilm CR systems. ..
- Structural Dynamics of Stretch Activation in MuscleMICHAEL KAY REEDY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MYOFIBRILLAR STRUCTURE OF STRIATED MUSCLEMICHAEL KAY REEDY; Fiscal Year: 2010..A Thick filament and A-band structure in relaxed IFM will be collaboratively modeled from our X-ray data at 2, 20 and 40 (normal flight temperature in vivo), using our supporting EM studies to generate model geometry. ..
- CARBONATOAPATITE FORMATION IN ENAMEL MINERALIZATIONTakaaki Aoba; Fiscal Year: 1993..The information obtained is valuable to predict the stability of dental enamel in normal and cariogenic environments or under fluoride regimes...
- Nanoliter Lab-on-a-chip for Protein CrystallizationVamsee Pamula; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structural Studies of HBsAg: Support for Quentin FlorenceQUENTIN FLORENCE; Fiscal Year: 2009..This lack of structure prevents us from understanding mutational effects on the antigenic properties of the epitope and in the design of new and better vaccines. ..
- Bright and Fast Sensor for Time Resolved X-Ray Diffraction StudiesVivek Nagarkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MACHINING AND POLISHING EFFECTS ON DENTAL CERAMICSRussell Giordano; Fiscal Year: 1999..3. Examine the role that microstructure plays in altering machining effects. 4. Determine the conditions for machining which produce superior strength and surface finish for the ceramics tested. ..
- 2007 Electron Distribution & Chemical Bonding Gordon Research ConferenceCarlo Gatti; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 3D Crystal Structure: Vertebrate Mitochondria Complex IIEDWARD BERRY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally (e) we want to crystallize a related complex n from an organism amenable to site-directed mutagenesis. ..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES OF THE PROTEIN PHOSPHATASE CALCINEURINWHYTE OWEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The possibility that calcineurin phosphatase activity may be regulated by the cellular redox provides a link between oxidative stress and calcium- dependent signal transduction pathways. ..
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF SYNTHETICALLY ENGINEERED RNASESBrian Edwards; Fiscal Year: 1993....