Summary: Method of using a polycrystalline powder and Rietveld refinement (LEAST SQUARES ANALYSIS) of X-RAY DIFFRACTION or NEUTRON DIFFRACTION. It circumvents the difficulties of producing single large crystals.
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Structural characterization of anhydrous naloxone- and naltrexone hydrochloride by high resolution laboratory X-ray powder diffraction and thermal analysisKunihisa Sugimoto
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research, Heisenbergstrasse 1, Stuttgart, Germany
J Pharm Sci 96:3316-23. 2007..naloxone and naltrexone hydrochloride were determined ab initio from high resolution laboratory X-ray powder diffraction data...
- Green synthesis of silver/montmorillonite/chitosan bionanocomposites using the UV irradiation method and evaluation of antibacterial activityKamyar Shameli
Department of Chemistry, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 5:875-87. 2010..These results show that Ag/MMT/Cts BNCs can be useful in different biologic research and biomedical applications, such as surgical devices and drug delivery vehicles...
- Development of antiproliferative nanohybrid compound with controlled release property using ellagic acid as the active agentMohd Zobir Hussein
Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Advanced Technology, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 6:1373-83. 2011..In vitro bioassay study showed that the EAN has a mild effect on the hepatocytes cells, similar to its counterpart, free EA...
- Controlled release and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition properties of an antihypertensive drug based on a perindopril erbumine-layered double hydroxide nanocompositeSamer Hasan Hussein Al Ali
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 7:2129-41. 2012..By virtue of the ion-exchange properties of layered double hydroxide, perindopril erbumine was released in a sustained manner. Therefore, this intercalated material can be used as a controlled-release formulation...
- Nanoemulsion-templated shell-crosslinked nanocapsules as drug delivery systemsWei He
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery of Ministry of Education and PLA, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Int J Pharm 445:69-78. 2013..Furthermore, the presence of surface food proteins introduces carboxyl and amine moieties, which enables the nanocapsules to anchor ligands, suggesting its potential application in targeting drug delivery, bioimaging and therapeutics...
- Piroxicam/2-hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin inclusion complex prepared by a new fluid-bed coating techniqueXingwang Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Pharm Sci 98:665-75. 2009..Solid-state (13)C NMR spectrometry indicated possible inclusion of PIX through the pyridine ring. It is concluded that fluid-bed coating has potential to be used as a new technique to prepare cyclodextrin inclusion complex...
- Characterization and stability analysis of zinc oxide nanoencapsulated conjugated linoleic acidJin Ho Choy
Dept of Chemistry, Ewha Womans Univ, Seoul, Korea
J Food Sci 75:N63-8. 2010..Nanoencapsulation improved the thermal stability of CLA by about 25%, compared to pristine CLA. Practical Application: This system can be used for protection of encapsulated negatively-charged food ingredients from thermal processing...
- Neutron powder diffraction studies of silicon-substituted hydroxyapatiteTh Leventouri
Physics Department, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Biomaterials 24:4205-11. 2003..4wt% silicon-substituted HAp prepared by an aqueous precipitation method. High-resolution neutron powder diffraction and Rietveld refinement methods were used to investigate the effect of silicon substitution on the crystal ..
- Structural characterization of iron oxide/hydroxide nanoparticles in nine different parenteral drugs for the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia by electron diffraction (ED) and X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD)S Futterer
Institute of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, D 55099 Mainz, Germany Electronic address
J Pharm Biomed Anal 86:151-60. 2013..X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) and electron diffraction (ED) methods were used in order to investigate the nine different parenteral ..
- Synthesis and characterization of silver/talc nanocomposites using the wet chemical reduction methodKamyar Shameli
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 5:743-51. 2010..These Ag/talc-NCs may have potential applications in the chemical and biological industries...
- Controlled release of donepezil intercalated in smectite claysJin Kuen Park
Center for Intelligent Nano Bio Material CINBM, Division of Nanoscience and Department of Chemistry, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Republic of Korea
Int J Pharm 359:198-204. 2008..Therefore, to formulate a complete drug delivery system, the hybrids were coated with Eudragit E-100 using a spray dryer, which also showed great enhancement in the release rate during a short period of time (180min)...
- High-throughput phase-diagram mapping via powder diffraction: a case study of HEWL versus pHSebastian Basso
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:1612-25. 2005..The Rietveld analysis gave an average structural model with excellent goodness of fit and stereochemistry...
- Subtleties in crystal structure solution from powder diffraction data using simulated annealing: ranitidine hydrochlorideAshfia Huq
Department of Physics and Astronomy, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 3800, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:244-9. 2003..We redetermine the structure from powder data using simulated annealing and show that the conformational disorder is clearly revealed by this method...
- Fabrication of silver nanoparticles doped in the zeolite framework and antibacterial activityKamyar Shameli
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Int J Nanomedicine 6:331-41. 2011..All of the synthesized Ag/zeolite NCs were found to have antibacterial activity. These results show that Ag NPs in the zeolite framework can be useful in different biological research and biomedical applications...
- Synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction study of hexagonal turkey egg-white lysozymeIrene Margiolaki
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, BP 220, F 38043, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 61:423-32. 2005The structure of turkey egg-white lysozyme (TEWL) has been refined from high-resolution X-ray powder diffraction data. The sample was rapidly obtained as a polycrystalline precipitate at high protein concentration using 0...
- X-ray powder diffraction patterns for certain fluoroquinolone antibiotic drugsSubbiah Thangadurai
Department of Geology and Mining, Guindy, Chennai 600 032, India
Acta Pharm 53:295-303. 2003X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) data for six pure fluoroquinolone antibiotic drugs, ciprofloxacin, norfloxacin, enrofloxacin, ofloxacin, pefloxacin and sparfloxacin have been obtained using a powder diffractometer...
- Powder crystallography on macromoleculesI Margiolaki
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility ESRF, Grenoble, France
Acta Crystallogr A 64:169-80. 2008..A wide range of small proteins have been found to give synchrotron powder diffraction profiles where the peak widths are essentially limited only by the instrumental resolution...
- Second SH3 domain of ponsin solved from powder diffractionIrene Margiolaki
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, ESRF, BP 220, F 38043, Grenoble, France
J Am Chem Soc 129:11865-71. 2007..seems to be no fundamental reason, except the sheer size and complexity of the structures involved, why powder diffraction should not be employed to solve structures of small proteins...
- Determination of the degree of deacetylation of chitin and chitosan by X-ray powder diffractionYongqin Zhang
Department of Food Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China
Carbohydr Res 340:1914-7. 2005..the degree of deacetylation (DD) of alpha-chitin and chitosan in the range of 17-94% DD using X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) is proposed...
- Monetite formed in mixed solvents of water and ethylene glycol and its transformation to hydroxyapatiteMing guo Ma
State Key Laboratory of High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructure, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Research Center, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200050, People s Republic of China
J Phys Chem B 110:14226-30. 2006..The products were characterized by X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and Fourier transform ..
- Electron paramagnetic resonance, scanning electron microscopy with energy dispersion X-ray spectrometry, X-ray powder diffraction, and NMR characterization of iron-rich fired claysFederica Presciutti
Chemistry Department and Center SMAArt, University of Perugia, Via Elce di Sotto 8, 06123 Perugia, Italy
J Phys Chem B 109:22147-58. 2005..paramagnetic resonance, scanning electron microscopy with electron dispersion X-ray spectrometry, X-ray powder diffraction, magic angle spinning and multiple quantum magic angle spinning NMR...
- In vivo and in vitro evaluation of a solid dispersion system of gliclazide:PEG 6000Sukmadjaja Asyarie
Pharmaceutics Research Group, School of Pharmacy, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Ganesha 10 Bandung 40132, Bandung, Indonesia
PDA J Pharm Sci Technol 61:400-10. 2007..In this study, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 6000 was used as a matrix to disperse gliclazide in the solid state, and the pharmacokinetic profile of this solid dispersion was studied in rats...
- Miniaturized assay for solubility and residual solid screening (SORESOS) in early drug developmentNicole Wyttenbach
Department of Preclinical Research, Pharma Division, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Bldg 093 724, CH 4070, Basle, Switzerland
Pharm Res 24:888-98. 2007..The aim was to develop a miniaturized method for solubility and residual solid screening of drug compounds in aqueous and non-aqueous vehicles in early drug development...
- Physicochemical properties of tamoxifen hemicitrate sesquihydrateTakashi Kojima
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, Higashinada, Kobe 658 8558, Japan
Int J Pharm 352:146-51. 2008....
- Detection of lot-to-lot variations in the amorphous microstructure of lyophilized protein formulationsYutaka Hirakura
Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Research and Technology Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc, 180 Ozumi, Yaizu, Shizuoka 425 0072, Japan
Int J Pharm 340:34-41. 2007..This study demonstrates the usefulness of TSDC in the analysis of lot-to-lot variations in amorphous pharmaceuticals...
- Crystallization of carbamazepine pseudopolymorphs from nonionic microemulsionsAnna Kogan
Casali Institute of Applied Chemistry, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Langmuir 24:722-33. 2008..Crystallization from microemulsion media enabling one to obtain the drug (CBZ) with predicted structure and morphology should be of great significance for pharmaceutical applications...
- Applications of solid-state NMR to pharmaceutical polymorphism and related mattersRobin K Harris
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 59:225-39. 2007..1%). Additional strength is being derived from computation of chemical shifts in solids, using a code that takes account of the spatial repetition inherent in crystalline materials...
- Quantitative measurement of indomethacin crystallinity in indomethacin-silica gel binary system using differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray powder diffractometryXiaohong Pan
School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, 20 North Pine Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 7:E11. 2006..DSC demonstrated greater sensitivity and had less variation in measurement than XRPD in quantifying crystalline IMC in the IMC-SG binary system...
- Development and optimization of solid dispersion containing pellets of itraconazole prepared by high shear pelletizationGuanhao Ye
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, No 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, PR China
Int J Pharm 337:80-7. 2007..a simple fusion method followed by powdered and characterized by differential scanning calorimetry and X-ray powder diffraction. Solid dispersions containing pellets were consequently prepared using a lab-scale high shear mixer...
- Investigations of the effect of the lipid matrix on drug entrapment, in vitro release, and physical stability of olanzapine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticlesK Vivek
Drug Delivery Research Laboratory, Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Pharmacy Department, GH Patel Building, Donor s Plaza, Fatehgunj, M S University, Baroda 390002, Gujarat, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E83. 2007..A significant increase in size and zeta potential was observed for GTS SLN and WE 85 SLN dispersions stored at 40 degrees C. Release of OL from the SLNs was sustained up to 48 hours in pH 7.4 PB and obeyed Higuchi's release kinetics...
- Investigation of the solid state properties of amoxicillin trihydrate and the effect of powder pHAlireza Ghassempour
Medicinal Plants and Drugs Research Institute MPDRI, Shahid Beheshti University, Evin, PO Box 19835 389, Tehran, Iran
AAPS PharmSciTech 8:E93. 2007..Recrystallization studies confirmed that the powder pH could be controlled by adjusting the pH of the crystallization...
- Molecular structure of a D-homoandrostanyl steroid derivative: single crystal and powder diffraction analysesP Martinetto
Laboratoire de Cristallographie, UPR 5031, CNRS, 25 Avenue des Martyrs, BP166, 30842 Grenoble, France
J Phys Chem B 110:15127-33. 2006..diffractometry is the method of choice when it comes to crystal structure determination, methods using powder diffraction data become more and more competitive...
- Crystal structure determination of new antimitotic agent bis(p-fluorobenzyl)trisulfideHaoyun An
ACEA Biosciences, Inc, 6779 Mesa Ridge Road, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:551-6. 2008..Methods used included X-ray single crystal diffraction, X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), Fourier-transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetric (DSC) and ..
- Physicochemical, in silico and in vivo evaluation of a danazol-beta-cyclodextrin complexG S Jadhav
Pharmaceutical Division, Mumbai University Institute of Chemical Technology, N P Marg, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
Int J Pharm 352:5-16. 2008..Moreover, in mouse model, danazol-beta-cyclodextrin complex at 51.2mg/kg (equivalent to 400mg human dose) showed 100% anovulation when given orally...
- The salt-cocrystal continuum: the influence of crystal structure on ionization stateScott L Childs
SSCI, Inc, an Aptuit company, 3065 Kent Avenue, West Lafayette, Indiana 47906, USA
Mol Pharm 4:323-38. 2007..We propose modifications to the DeltapK(a) rule for selecting salt screen counterions that focus on the discovery of solid forms with useful physical properties rather than an arbitrary cutoff value for DeltapK(a)...
- Preparation and characterization of etoricoxib-beta-cyclodextrin complexes prepared by the kneading methodHaresh M Patel
Department of Quality Assurance, L M College of Pharmacy, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380009 India
Acta Pharm 57:351-9. 2007..The dissolution of etoricoxib was notably increased as compared to pure drug as well as its physical mixture. The complex showed more than 75% drug released in 30 min...
- Co-crystals of caffeine and hydroxy-2-naphthoic acids: unusual formation of the carboxylic acid dimer in the presence of a heterosynthonDejan Kresimir Bucar
Solid State Sciences, Global Pharmaceutical R and D, Abbott Laboratories, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
Mol Pharm 4:339-46. 2007..In the case of 6-hydroxy-2-naphthoic acid, the co-crystal exhibits a hydrogen-bonded carboxylic acid dimer in the presence of a hydroxyl-caffeine heterosynthon...
- Development of spray-dried co-precipitate of amorphous celecoxib containing storage and compression stabilizersRavindra S Dhumal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Erandawane, Pune 411038 Maharashtra, India
Acta Pharm 57:287-300. 2007..The present study demonstrates the synergistic effect of combining two types of stabilizers, PVP and CAR, on the stability of amorphous drug during compression and storage as compared to their effect when used alone...
- Comparative physicochemical characterization of phospholipids complex of puerarin formulated by conventional and supercritical methodsYing Li
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, PR China
Pharm Res 25:563-77. 2008..The physicochemical properties of the pure drug and the corresponding products prepared by two different SCF methods were also compared...
- Supramolecular medicinal chemistry: mixed-ligand coordination complexesZhenbo Ma
Department of Chemistry, Brown University, 324 Brook Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Mol Pharm 4:373-85. 2007....
- Characterization and relevance of physicochemical interactions among components of a novel multiparticulate formulation for colonic deliveryBrahma N Singh
Drug Delivery Systems Research Laboratory, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St John s University, 8000 Utopia Parkway, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Int J Pharm 341:143-51. 2007..The formation of AZA-Ca(2+) complex could have an impact on drug release kinetics, product stability and clinical efficacy for treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases or other diseases, which merit further investigation...
- Crystal growth formation in melt extrudatesCaroline Bruce
College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, United States
Int J Pharm 341:162-72. 2007..In vitro drug release studies showed no significant change during storage for up to 6 months at 25 degrees C/60% relative humidity and 40 degrees C/75% relative humidity...
- Application of direct crystallization for racemic compound propranolol hydrochlorideXiujuan Wang
Division of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore, Innovation Centre, Block 1, 16 Nanyang Drive, Singapore
J Pharm Sci 96:2735-45. 2007..Hence, the critical supersaturation control of a solution was essential to obtain pure enantiomers from a partially resolved racemate...
- Structural study of polymorphs and solvates of finasterideAbdullah Othman
Department of Chemistry, University of Durham, South Road, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
J Pharm Sci 96:1380-97. 2007..Mobility of the tert-butyl group is also implied. Thermal characteristics have been studied and TGA used (in conjunction with solution-state proton NMR) to estimate molar ratios...
- Assessment of defects and amorphous structure produced in raffinose pentahydrate upon dehydrationSimon Bates
SSCI, Inc, West Lafayette, Indiana 47906, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1418-33. 2007..amorphous form by dehydration at 60 degrees C, well below its melting temperature, was monitored by X-ray powder diffraction over a period of 72 h...
- Polymorphism of linezolid: a combined single-crystal, powder diffraction and NMR studyElisabetta Maccaroni
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Ambientali, Universita dell Insubria, Via Valleggio 11, I 22100 Como, Italy
Int J Pharm 351:144-51. 2008..1(3)A3, Z=4, Z'=1), while powders of form IV could be fully characterized by employing ab initio powder diffraction methods (triclinic, P1, a=6.5952(7)A, b=10.9875(10)A, c=12.9189(14)A, alpha=110.683(4) degrees , beta=88...
- Crystallographic characterization of several erythromycin A solvates: the environment of the solvent molecules in the crystal latticeRodger Henry
Structural Chemistry, Global Pharmaceutical R and D, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Rd, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1251-7. 2007..The isopropanol solvate exhibits uncommon modes of hydrogen bonding, which have previously been seen only in the erythomycin B hydrate. The methanol solvate is strikingly similar to the methanol solvate of 6-O-methyl erythromycin...
- Enhanced efficiency of direct-space structure solution from powder X-ray diffraction data in the case of conformationally flexible moleculesAndrew J Hanson
School of Chemistry, Cardiff University, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3AT Wales, UK
J Phys Chem B 111:6349-56. 2007..The strategy is shown to lead to significant improvements in the success rate of structure-solution calculations in the case of flexible molecules with a significant number of conformational degrees of freedom...
- Formulation of spray-dried phenytoin loaded poly(epsilon-caprolactone) microcarrier intended for brain delivery to treat epilepsyZhuzhu Li
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, 5005 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64110 2499, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1018-30. 2007..These data suggested that PHT containing spray-dried PCL-microcarrier may be a promising drug delivery system for local brain delivery and long-term treatment of pharmacoresistant epilepsy...
- Physical characterization of component particles included in dry powder inhalers. I. Strategy review and static characteristicsAnthony J Hickey
Division of Molecular Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Campus Box 7360, 1310 Kerr Hall, Kerr Hall, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7360, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1282-301. 2007..This is the first of two papers that discuss static and dynamic methods of characterizing dry powder inhaler formulations...
- Demonstration of a shear-based solid-state phase transformation in a small molecular organic system: chlorpropamidePeter L D Wildfong
Duquesne University Mylan School of Pharmacy, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1100-13. 2007..It is suggested that the transformation of either form is allowed when resolved shear stresses initiate deformation, causing lattice distortion, which allows the simultaneous reconformation of molecules...
- Solving molecular crystal structures from X-ray powder diffraction data: the challenges posed by gamma-carbamazepine and chlorothiazide N,N,-dimethylformamide (1/2) solvatePhilippe Fernandes
Solid State Research Group, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
J Pharm Sci 96:1192-202. 2007..solvate (1/2) (P2(1)/c, Z' = 2) have been determined from synchrotron and laboratory X-ray powder diffraction data, respectively, using simulated annealing...
- Polymorphism of Alprazolam (Xanax): a review of its crystalline phases and identification, crystallographic characterization, and crystal structure of a new polymorph (form III)Hector Novoa de Armas
Laboratory for Biocrystallography Formely Laboratorium voor Analytische Chemie en Medicinale Fysicochemie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, O and N2 Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Pharm Sci 96:1114-30. 2007..C(17)H(13)ClN(4), has been investigated by means of X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), single crystal X-ray diffraction, and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)...
- Crystallization pathways and kinetics of carbamazepine-nicotinamide cocrystals from the amorphous state by in situ thermomicroscopy, spectroscopy, and calorimetry studiesK Seefeldt
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 428 Church St University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
J Pharm Sci 96:1147-58. 2007..microscopy (HSPM), hot-stage Raman microscopy (HSRM), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD)...
- Indomethacin-saccharin cocrystal: design, synthesis and preliminary pharmaceutical characterizationSrinivas Basavoju
Department of Health Science, Lulea University of Technology, Lulea, S 971 87, Sweden
Pharm Res 25:530-41. 2008..To design and prepare cocrystals of indomethacin using crystal engineering approaches, with the ultimate objective of improving the physical properties of indomethacin, especially solubility and dissolution rate...
- Preparation and evaluation of taste masked famotidine formulation using drug/beta-cyclodextrin/polymer ternary complexation approachAshok R Patel
Centre for Novel Drug Delivery Systems, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:544-50. 2008..In conclusion, the study confirmed that ternary complexation can be utilized as an alternative approach for effective taste masking...
- Development and characterization of zaleplon solid dispersion systems: a technical noteAtish Waghmare
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Government College of Pharmacy, Karad, Maharashtra 415124, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:536-43. 2008
- Preparation, characterization and in vitro cytotoxicity of indomethacin-loaded PLLA/PLGA microparticles using supercritical CO2 techniqueYunqing Kang
College of Materials Science and Engineering, Sichuan University, 29 Wangjiang Road, Chengdu, PR China
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:85-97. 2008..These results collectively suggested that IDMC-PLLA/PLGA microparticles prepared using SEDS would have potentials in anti-tumor applications as a controlled drug release dosage form without harmful organic solvent residue...
- The influence of thermal and mechanical preparative techniques on the amorphous state of four poorly soluble compoundsJames E Patterson
School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, PO Box 913, 9001 Dunedin, New Zealand
J Pharm Sci 94:1998-2012. 2005..Ball milling may also be of use as a preparative technique however its effectiveness is dependent on the unit cell structure of the compound...
- Modulation of microenvironmental pH and crystallinity of ionizable telmisartan using alkalizers in solid dispersions for controlled releasePhuong Ha Lien Tran
National Research Lab for Bioavailability Control, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 129:59-65. 2008..It was evident that the alkalizers in PEG 6000 based SDs synergistically enhanced dissolution of TEL not only by modulating pH(M) but also by changing drug crystallinity to an amorphous form via molecular interactions...
- Single crystal and powder diffraction characterization of three polymorphic forms of AcitretinLuciana Malpezzi
Dipartimento di Chimica, Materiali ed Ingegneria Chimica G Natta, Politecnico di Milano, Via Mancinelli, 20131, Milano, Italy
J Pharm Sci 94:1067-78. 2005..the crystal structures of which have been determined by single-crystal diffractometry (form I) or X-ray powder diffraction methods (form II and III) from conventional laboratory data only...
- Preparation of amorphous cefuroxime axetil nanoparticles by sonoprecipitation for enhancement of bioavailabilityRavindra S Dhumal
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy and Research Centre, Bharati Vidyapeeth University, Erandawane, Pune, Maharashtra, India
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:109-15. 2008....
- Controlled poorly soluble drug release from solid self-microemulsifying formulations with high viscosity hydroxypropylmethylcelluloseTao Yi
College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1037 Luoyu Road, Wuhan 430074, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 34:274-80. 2008..microscopy (TEM), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and X-ray powder diffraction, differences were found in the particle structure between both types of formulations...
- High-throughput crystallization: polymorphs, salts, co-crystals and solvates of pharmaceutical solidsSherry L Morissette
TransForm Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 29 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 56:275-300. 2004..This review highlights the opportunities and challenges of HT crystallization technologies as they apply to pharmaceutical research and development...
- Preparation and characterization of glassy celecoxibA R Paradkar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Poona College of Pharmacy, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Erandwane, Pune, Maharashtra State, India
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 29:739-44. 2003..celecoxib were studied using infrared (IR) spectroscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), intrinsic dissolution rate (IDR), and thin-layer-chromatography (TLC)...
- Design and optimization of mefloquine hydrochloride microparticles for bitter taste maskingPunit P Shah
Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Pharmacy Department, The M S University of Baroda, G H Patel building, Donor s Plaza, Fatehgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:377-89. 2008..The bitterness score of microparticles was decreased to zero compared to 3+ of pure ARM. In conclusion the bitterness of MFL was reduced with improved dissolution at acidic pH...
- Solid state and dissolution rate characterization of co-ground mixtures of nifedipine and hydrophilic carriersH Friedrich
College of Pharmacy, Freie Universitat Berlin, Kelchstrasse 31, Berlin, Germany
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:719-28. 2005..Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) measurements gave valuable information about the nature of drug crystallinity and the interactions with the carriers within the ground mixtures...
- The physicochemical characteristics of freeze-dried scutellarin-cyclodextrin tetracomponent complexesFeng Cao
Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, P R China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:747-56. 2005..65 mg/ml) was achieved with tetracomponent freeze-dried complex, up to 148-fold increase over scutellarin solubility in water, and the solubility of scutellarin is 15.35 microg/ml (up to 6-fold) in simulated gastric fluid...
- Structure determination of enalapril maleate form II from high-resolution X-ray powder diffraction dataY H Kiang
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, PO Box 4, West Point, Pennsylvania, 19426, USA
J Pharm Sci 92:1844-53. 2003..Lattice energy calculation showed that Form II is slightly more stable than Form I by 3.5 kcal/mole...
- Fibrous red phosphorusMichael Ruck
Institut fur Anorganische Chemie, Technische Universitat Dresden, 01062 Dresden, Germany
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 44:7616-9. 2005
- Development of fast-dissolving tablets of flurbiprofen-cyclodextrin complexesMarzia Cirri
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita di Firenze, Polo Scientifico di Sesto Fiorentino, Sesto Fiorentino, Firenze, Italy
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:697-707. 2005..Finally, it can be reasonably expected that the obtained drug dissolution rate improvement will result in an increase of its bioavailability, with the possibility of reducing drug dosage and side effects...
- Physical-chemical characterization and polymorphism determination of two nimodipine samples deriving from distinct laboratoriesTeófilo Mazon Cardoso
Departamento de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:631-7. 2005..shape, size, and crystallinity of particles were visualized by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray powder diffraction. To sum up, the techniques used in this study can be said to have been efficient in the characterization and ..
- Interconversion studies of betamethasone acetate polymorphsXue Ke
Department of Pharmaceutics, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, P R of China
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 31:813-8. 2005..and suspending in water, based on differential scanning calorimetry, thermogravimetric analysis, and X-ray powder diffraction. There existed enantiotropic relationships between the three polymorphs of BA, which were named form II, ..
- Development and evaluation of artemether taste masked rapid disintegrating tablets with improved dissolution using solid dispersion techniquePunit P Shah
Center of Relevance and Excellence in NDDS, Pharmacy Department, The M S University of Baroda, G H Patel building, Donor s Plaza, Fatehgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat 390002, India
AAPS PharmSciTech 9:494-500. 2008..Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) were performed to identify the physicochemical interaction between drug and carrier, hence its effect ..
- Physical stability and solubility of the thermotropic mesophase of fenoprofen calcium as pure drug and in a tablet formulationJames Patterson
Solid State Research Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Int J Pharm 247:147-57. 2002..forms of fenoprofen calcium could be differentiated by diffuse reflectance infra-red spectroscopy and X-ray powder diffraction, both as pure drug and in tablet formulation...
- Urea Route to Homoleptic Cyanates-Characterization and Luminescence Properties of [M(OCN)(2)(urea)] and M(OCN)(2) with M=Sr, EuSandro Pagano
, Department Chemie und Biochemie, Butenandtstrasse 5 13 D, , Fax 49 89 2180 77440
Chemistry 15:6186-93. 2009..The crystal structures of Sr(OCN)(2) and Eu(OCN)(2) were determined from X-ray powder diffraction data and refined by the Rietveld method...
- Polymorphism of microcrystalline urate oxidase from Aspergillus flavusInes Collings
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, BP 220, F 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 66:539-48. 2010..The related crystalline phases were characterized by means of high-resolution synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction. In all cases, Uox complexed with the inhibitor 8-azaxanthine (AZA) was not altered from its robust ..
- Characterization of dehydration behavior of untreated and pulverized creatine monohydrate powdersYukoh Sakata
Healthcare Research Institute, Wakunaga Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, 1624 Shimokotachi, Kodacho, Takatagun, Hiroshima 739 1195, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 35:185-91. 2004..The removal of crystal water was investigated by using differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), X-ray powder diffraction and scanning electron microscopy (SEM)...
- Lanthanide oleates: chelation, self-assembly, and exemplification of ordered nanostructured colloidal contrast agents for medical imagingGuozhen Liu
CSIRO Molecular and Health Technologies CMHT, Private Bag 10, Clayton South MDC, VIC 3169, Australia
J Phys Chem B 113:15949-59. 2009..oleates have been studied by elemental analysis, Fourier transfer infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), and X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) analysis...
- Microcrystalline cellulose, a useful alternative for sucrose as a matrix former during freeze-drying of drug nanosuspensions - a case study with itraconazoleBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 70:590-6. 2008..The crystalline itraconazole nanoparticles showed peak broadening in the X-ray powder diffraction spectra and a lower melting point as inferred from differential scanning calorimetry...
- Visible-light-induced photocatalysis through surface plasmon excitation of gold on titania surfacesEwa Kowalska
Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University, North 21, West 10, Sapporo 001 0021, Japan
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:2344-55. 2010..field-emission scanning electron microscopy (FE-SEM), scanning transmission microscopy (STEM) and X-ray powder diffraction (XRD)...
- Enhanced solubility and bioavailability of sibutramine base by solid dispersion system with aqueous mediumDong Xun Li
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, 214 1 Dae Dong, Gyongsan 712 749, South Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 33:279-84. 2010..investigated using scanning electron microscopy (SEM), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and X-ray powder diffraction. The dissolution and pharmacokinetics in rats of solid dispersion were evaluated compared to the sibutramine ..
- Structure and solid-state chemistry of anhydrous and hydrated crystal forms of the trimethoprim-sulfamethoxypyridazine 1:1 molecular complexG Bettinetti
Dipartimento di Chimica Farmaceutica, Universita di Pavia, Viale Taramelli 12, I 27100 Pavia, Italy
J Pharm Sci 89:478-89. 2000..5 molecules of water of crystallization (TMP.SMPD.W) are reported in this article. X-ray powder diffraction patterns (both computer generated and experimental) and thermal analytical data from differential scanning ..
- Coordination chemistry of mercury(II) in liquid and aqueous ammonia solution and the crystal structure of tetraamminemercury(II) perchlorateKersti B Nilsson
Department of Chemistry, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, PO Box 7015, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Inorg Chem 47:1953-64. 2008..199)Hg NMR, and Raman spectroscopy and in solid solvates by combining results from X-ray single crystal and powder diffraction, thermogravimetry, differential scanning calorimetry, EXAFS, and Raman spectroscopy...
- Rapid assessment of the structural relaxation behavior of amorphous pharmaceutical solids: effect of residual water on molecular mobilityDanforth P Miller
Nektar Therapeutics, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Pharm Res 23:2291-305. 2006....
- Characterisation of products of tricalcium silicate hydration in the presence of heavy metalsQ Y Chen
School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Donghua University, Shanghai 200051, PR China
J Hazard Mater 147:817-25. 2007..doped with nitrate salts of Zn(2+), Pb(2+), Cu(2+) and Cr(3+) were examined at different ages by X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), thermal analysis (DTA/TG) and (29)Si solid-state magic angle spinning/nuclear magnetic resonance (MAS/..
- Direct electrochemistry and electrocatalysis of horseradish peroxidase in alpha-zirconium phosphate nanosheet filmXiushuang Yang
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Resource Engineering, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Bioelectrochemistry 74:90-5. 2008..X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) results revealed that ZrPNS in HRP-ZrPNS film remained unorderly structured for the effect of HRP...
- Foreign material as a cause of choledocholithiasisV Prochazka
2nd Internal Clinic, Palacky University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Endoscopy 31:383-5. 1999..Gallstones obtained endoscopically from the biliary duct were analyzed to determine their structure and the presence of foreign material. The possible correlation between foreign material in gallstones and clinical data was investigated...
- Microcalorimetric measurement of the interactions between water vapor and amorphous pharmaceutical solidsDavid Lechuga-Ballesteros
Nektar Therapeutics formerly Inhale Therapeutics Systems, Inc, 150 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070, USA
Pharm Res 20:308-18. 2003....
- Hydrogarnet: a host phase for Cr(VI) in chromite ore processing residue (COPR) and other high pH wastesS Hillier
Macaulay Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen AB15 8QH, UK
Environ Sci Technol 41:1921-7. 2007..X-ray powder diffraction data show that peak intensities are altered by chromium substitution and that chromium substituted ..
- Novel three-dimensional pillared-layer Ln(III)-Cu(I) coordination polymers featuring spindle-shaped heterometallic building unitsQi Bing Bo
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Jinan, Jinan 250022, China
Inorg Chem 49:561-71. 2010..thermogravimetry-differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), single-crystal X-ray diffraction, X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), and nitrogen adsorption/desorption techniques...
- Immobilization of lead in shooting range soils by means of cement, quicklime, and phosphate amendmentsXinde Cao
Center for Environmental Systems, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 15:120-7. 2008..This study investigated stabilization of Pb in shooting range soils treated with cement, quicklime, and phosphate...
- Implications of organic matter on arsenic mobilization into groundwater: evidence from northwestern (Chapai-Nawabganj), central (Manikganj) and southeastern (Chandpur) BangladeshA H M Selim Reza
Department of Earth Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Water Res 44:5556-74. 2010..X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF) were performed to characterize the major mineral and chemical contents of ..
- Effects of spray drying on physicochemical properties of chitosan acid saltsMirna Fernández Cervera
Institute of Pharmacy and Food, University of Havana, La Coronela, La Lisa, Cuba
AAPS PharmSciTech 12:637-49. 2011..salts were investigated by means of solid-state CP-MAS (13)C nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR), X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), differential scanning calorimetry, and Fourier transform infrared spectrometry (FTIR) and near-..
- Design and synthesis of vanadium hydrazide gels for Kubas-type hydrogen adsorption: a new class of hydrogen storage materialsTuan K A Hoang
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 132:11792-8. 2010..5, and 1:2 and characterized by X-ray powder diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, nitrogen adsorption, elemental analysis, infrared spectroscopy, and ..
- Synthesis and crystal structure from X-ray powder diffraction data of two zirconium diphosphonates containing piperazine groupsMarco Taddei
Department of Chemistry, University of Perugia, Via Elce di Sotto 8, 06123 Perugia, Italy
Inorg Chem 49:9664-70. 2010..Their crystal structure has been determined ab initio from X-ray powder diffraction data collected with a conventional diffractometer...
- Hydration of microcrystalline cellulose and milled cellulose studied by sorption calorimetryVitaly Kocherbitov
Biomedical Laboratory Science and Technology, Faculty of Health and Society, Malmo University, SE 205 06 Malmo, Sweden
J Phys Chem B 112:3728-34. 2008..was studied using water sorption calorimetry, gravimetric water vapor sorption, nitrogen sorption, and X-ray powder diffraction. Amorphous cellulose was prepared by means of ball-milling of microcrystalline cellulose (MCC)...
- Optimization of a pharmaceutical freeze-dried product and its process using an experimental design approach and innovative process analyzersT R M De Beer
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Talanta 83:1623-33. 2011..Off-line X-ray powder diffraction analysis and Karl-Fisher titration were performed to determine the morphology and residual moisture content ..
- Itraconazole/TPGS/Aerosil200 solid dispersions: characterization, physical stability and in vivo performanceBernard Van Eerdenbrugh
Laboratory for Pharmacotechnology and Biopharmacy, K U Leuven, Gasthuisberg O and N2, Herestraat 49, box 921, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Pharm Sci 38:270-8. 2009..3% and 7.8%. X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD), solid state NMR (SSNMR) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) evaluation on the powders ..
- Crystal chemistry of sodium zirconium phosphate based simulated ceramic waste forms of effluent cations (Ba(2+), Sn(4+), Fe(3+), Cr(3+), Ni(2+) and Si(4+)) from light water reactor fuel reprocessing plantsO P Shrivastava
Department of Chemistry, Dr HS Gour University, Sagar, India
J Hazard Mater 153:285-92. 2008..14)O(12)) has been investigated using General Structure Analysis System (GSAS) programming of the X-ray powder diffraction data...
- Metastable Se6 as a ligand for Ag+: from isolated molecular to polymeric 1D and 2D structuresDamian Aris
Department of Chemistry, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton N B, E3B 6E2, Canada
Dalton Trans 40:5865-80. 2011..X-ray structure determinations, 2b and 4 additionally by chemical analysis and 4 also by X-ray powder diffraction, FT-Raman and FT-IR spectroscopy...
- CARBON-13 MAGNETIC RESONANCE - METHODS AND THEORYDAVID MORRIS GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..This allows x-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) to be combined with SSNMR in obtaining lattice structure...
- STRUCTURAL CHEMICAL STUDIES OF METABOLIC PHOSPHATESRobert Blessing; Fiscal Year: 1992..electron crystallography for unit cell and space group determination, state- of-the-art methods of X-ray powder diffraction for structure determination and refinement, time-of-flight neutron diffraction with powder samples and a ..
- Strutural basis of amyloid fiber pathologyRuben Diaz Avalos; Fiscal Year: 2003..5 Angstrom units resolution will be correlated with X-ray powder diffraction data to determine the atomic structure of the tightly-paired, water-excluding cross-beta peptide chains in ..
- 1-D Silicon Detector for Synchrotron XRDCAROLYN TULL; Fiscal Year: 2004..detector, and the accompanying integrated circuit pulse-processing electronics, for high-speed synchrotron powder diffraction experiments...
- X-RAY DIFFRACTION SUPPORT UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCHEdward Valente; Fiscal Year: 1990..isotherms with spectroscopy, and crystals will be studied by ft-ir spectroscopy and single crystal and powder diffraction methods...
- Sol-Gel Synthesis of bioactive glass materialsAderemi Oki; Fiscal Year: 2003..Zinc compound has also been shown to reveal a stimulatory effect on differentiation of osteoblastic cells. ..
- Structural analysis of the hepatitis C core proteinMarc Allaire; Fiscal Year: 2005..Altogether, the determination of the structure of the capsid will facilitate the development of research programs that aim to inhibit the assembly of the virus, a novel and very promising target for drug development. ..
- MECHANISMS OF RESPONSE TO PULMONARY VACCINATIONAnthony Hickey; Fiscal Year: 2005..The significance of this work lies in the novelty of pulmonary vaccination for the treatment of tuberculosis and the knowledge of the immune response gained from targeted antigen delivery to the lungs. ..
- Metals and Protein Structure in Protein-Folding DiseasesLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we use the local structure and homogeneity of the in situ metal-protein complex to develop a possible mechanism for the complex formation and toxicity. ..
- Synchrotron-Based Infrared Microscope for Chemical Imaging of DiseaseLisa Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..This instrument will be unique worldwide. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..