Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chromatographic techniques in which the mobile phase is a liquid.
Publications356 found, 100 shown here
- Multiplexed protein quantitation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using amine-reactive isobaric tagging reagentsPhilip L Ross
Applied Biosystems, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:1154-69. 2004..We find that inactivation of Upf1p and Xrn1p causes common as well as unique effects on protein expression...
- XCMS: processing mass spectrometry data for metabolite profiling using nonlinear peak alignment, matching, and identificationColin A Smith
Scripps Center for Mass Spectrometry and Department of Molecular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Anal Chem 78:779-87. 2006..The software is demonstrated using data sets from a previously reported enzyme knockout study and a large-scale study of plasma samples. XCMS is freely available under an open-source license at http://metlin.scripps.edu/download/...
- Integrated, nontargeted ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry platform for the identification and relative quantification of the small-molecule complement of biological systemsAnne M Evans
Metabolon, Incorporated, 800 Capitola Drive, Suite 1, Durham, North Carolina 27713, USA
Anal Chem 81:6656-67. 2009..The analytical platform incorporated two separate ultrahigh performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (UHPLC/MS/MS(2)) injections; one injection was optimized for basic species, and ..
- Exponentially modified protein abundance index (emPAI) for estimation of absolute protein amount in proteomics by the number of sequenced peptides per proteinYasushi Ishihama
Laboratory of Seeds Finding Technology LSFT, Eisai Co, Ltd, 5 1 3 Tokodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2635, Japan
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1265-72. 2005..The values of emPAI are easily calculated and add important quantitation information to proteomic experiments; therefore we suggest that they should be reported in large scale proteomic identification projects...
- A practical recipe for stable isotope labeling by amino acids in cell culture (SILAC)Shao En Ong
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Protoc 1:2650-60. 2006..In this protocol, we describe how to apply SILAC and the use of nano-scale liquid chromatography coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for protein identification and quantification...
- Stop and go extraction tips for matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization, nanoelectrospray, and LC/MS sample pretreatment in proteomicsJuri Rappsilber
Center of Experimental BioInformatics, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Anal Chem 75:663-70. 2003..Five femtomole of tryptic BSA digest could be recovered quantitatively. We have found that the Stage system is well-suited as a universal sample preparation system for proteomics...
- Repeatability and reproducibility in proteomic identifications by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryDavid L Tabb
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Proteome Res 9:761-76. 2010..These findings reinforce the importance of evaluating repeatability as a fundamental characteristic of analytical technologies...
- The secretome of the filarial parasite, Brugia malayi: proteomic profile of adult excretory-secretory productsJames P Hewitson
Institute of Immunology and Infection Research, University of Edinburgh, Ashworth Laboratories, Edinburgh, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 160:8-21. 2008....
- Measurement of total serum testosterone in adult men: comparison of current laboratory methods versus liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryChristina Wang
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center and Research and Education Institute, Torrance, California 90502, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:534-43. 2004..kit, and HUMC-RIA, a research laboratory assay) and compared results with measurements performed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MSMS)...
- Sodium octanoate to reverse indoxyl sulfate and p-cresyl sulfate albumin binding in uremic and normal serum during sample preparation followed by fluorescence liquid chromatographyHenriette de Loor
Department of Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
J Chromatogr A 1216:4684-8. 2009..Sodium octanoate binding competition is a novel sample preparation that allows for direct quantification of indoxyl sulfate and p-cresyl sulfate...
- Large-scale analysis of the yeast proteome by multidimensional protein identification technologyM P Washburn
Syngenta Agricultural Discovery Institute, 3115 Merryfield Row, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Nat Biotechnol 19:242-7. 2001We describe a largely unbiased method for rapid and large-scale proteome analysis by multidimensional liquid chromatography, tandem mass spectrometry, and database searching by the SEQUEST algorithm, named multidimensional protein ..
- VIPER: an advanced software package to support high-throughput LC-MS peptide identificationMatthew E Monroe
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99354, USA
Bioinformatics 23:2021-3. 2007..AVAILABILITY: VIPER may be downloaded free of charge at http://ncrr.pnl.gov/software/..
- Sphingolipidomics: high-throughput, structure-specific, and quantitative analysis of sphingolipids by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryAlfred H Merrill
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0230, USA
Methods 36:207-24. 2005..b>Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC MS/MS) is currently the only technology with the requisite structural ..
- Quantitative, multiplexed assays for low abundance proteins in plasma by targeted mass spectrometry and stable isotope dilutionHasmik Keshishian
Broad Institute of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:2212-29. 2007..The methods presented here provide a solid basis for developing quantitative MS-based assays of low level proteins in blood...
- A liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometric multi-mycotoxin method for the quantification of 87 analytes and its application to semi-quantitative screening of moldy food samplesMichael Sulyok
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Research, Department IFA Tulln, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Konrad Lorenzstr 20, 3430 Tulln, Austria
Anal Bioanal Chem 389:1505-23. 2007This paper describes the extension of a previously published method based on liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC/ESI-MS/MS) from 39 to currently 87 analytes...
- Masked mycotoxins: determination of a deoxynivalenol glucoside in artificially and naturally contaminated wheat by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryFranz Berthiller
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Mycotoxin Research and Institute for Plant Production Biotechnology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Konrad Lorenz Strasse 20, A 3430 Tulln, Austria
J Agric Food Chem 53:3421-5. 2005..The synthesis products were characterized by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry...
- Screening for N-glycosylated proteins by liquid chromatography mass spectrometryJakob Bunkenborg
MDS Proteomics Odense, Denmark
Proteomics 4:454-65. 2004..with N-glycosidase F and the peptides digested with trypsin before analysis by on-line reversed-phase liquid chromatography mass spectrometry...
- Simultaneous determination of multiple phytohormones in plant extracts by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryAbhilasha Durgbanshi
Departamento de Ciencias Experimentales, Universitat Jaume I, Campus Riu Sec, E 12071 Castelló, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 53:8437-42. 2005..The method described combines high-performance liquid chromatography with electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry...
- High-throughput analysis of sphingosine 1-phosphate, sphinganine 1-phosphate, and lysophosphatidic acid in plasma samples by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMax Scherer
Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, University of Regensburg, Germany
Clin Chem 55:1218-22. 2009..Because existing methodologies are of limited value for systematic evaluations of S1P and LPA in clinical studies, we developed a fast and simple quantification method that uses liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS).
- Expression of glycolytic enzymes is increased in pancreatic cancerous tissues as evidenced by proteomic profiling by two-dimensional electrophoresis and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometryKuniko Mikuriya
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Ube, Yamaguchi, Japan
Int J Oncol 30:849-55. 2007..The liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) system identified the spots as alpha-enolase, ..
- Metabolomic study of myocardial ischemia and intervention effects of Compound Danshen Tablets in rats using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometryYonghai Lv
Department of Medicinal Chemistry of Nature Product, School of Pharmacy, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 52:129-35. 2010..verapamil, propranolol, captopril, and trimethazine)-treated rats were analyzed by ultra-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry (UPLC-Q-TOF-MS)...
- Metabolomic profiling of Drosophila using liquid chromatography Fourier transform mass spectrometryM A Kamleh
SIBPS, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor Street, Glasgow, UK
FEBS Lett 582:2916-22. 2008..The rosy mutation thus ramifies far more widely than previously detected...
- emPAI Calc--for the estimation of protein abundance from large-scale identification data by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryKosaku Shinoda
Human Metabolome Technologies, Inc, Tsuruoka, Yamagata, Japan
Bioinformatics 26:576-7. 2010..The program is the first implementation of our previously reported emPAI algorithm; it calculates the emPAI from the protein identification results obtained by database search engines such as Mascot...
- Identification of microcystin toxins from a strain of Microcystis aeruginosa by liquid chromatography introduction into a hybrid linear ion trap-Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometerChris W Diehnelt
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, 26 West Martin L King Jr Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45268, USA
Anal Chem 78:501-12. 2006..produced by a strain of Microcystis aeruginosa that has not been investigated previously were separated by liquid chromatography and identified by high-accuracy m/z measurements of their [M + H]+ ions and the fragment ions produced by ..
- Screening for post-translational modifications in conotoxins using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry: an important component of conotoxin discoveryJennifer A Jakubowski
Department of Chemistry and the Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 South Mathews Avenue 63 5, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Toxicon 47:688-99. 2006..Using liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry, Conus venom can be fractionated and the peptides surveyed for specific post-..
- A direct nanoflow liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry system for interaction proteomicsTohru Natsume
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Hachioji, Japan
Anal Chem 74:4725-33. 2002..2 microg of total protein, and is a fully automated 1-h process, we anticipated that it should be an excellent tool for analyzing a limited amount of functional multi-protein complexes in cells...
- Fast and efficient determination of arginine, symmetric dimethylarginine, and asymmetric dimethylarginine in biological fluids by hydrophilic-interaction liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryJens Martens-Lobenhoffer
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Clin Chem 52:488-93. 2006..Research in this field requires the measurement of Arg and of ADMA and its closely related substance, symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA)...
- Comprehensive analysis of a multidimensional liquid chromatography mass spectrometry dataset acquired on a quadrupole selecting, quadrupole collision cell, time-of-flight mass spectrometer: II. New developments in Protein Prospector allow for reliable andRobert J Chalkley
Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0446, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1194-204. 2005....
- SuperHirn - a novel tool for high resolution LC-MS-based peptide/protein profilingLukas N Mueller
Institute of Molecular Systems Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Proteomics 7:3470-80. 2007..We show that the program automatically detects profiling trends in an unsupervised manner and is able to associate proteins to their correct theoretical dilution profile...
- Quantitation of fatty acyl-coenzyme As in mammalian cells by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryChristopher A Haynes
School of Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 0230, USA
J Lipid Res 49:1113-25. 2008..This simple and robust method should facilitate the inclusion of this family of compounds in "lipidomics" and "metabolomics" studies...
- Equivalence of protein inventories obtained from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded and frozen tissue in multidimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry shotgun proteomic analysisRobert W Sprung
Jim Ayers Institute for Precancer Detection and Diagnosis, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8575, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1988-98. 2009..of protein yielded approximately 400 confident protein identifications in a one-dimensional reverse phase liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) analysis...
- Accuracy and clinical implications of seven 25-hydroxyvitamin D methods compared with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry as a referenceHeinz Jürgen Roth
Limbach Laboratory, Department of Endocrinology and Oncology, Im Breitspiel 15, 69126 Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Clin Biochem 45:153-9. 2008..High variability in 25(OH)D measurements due to utilized test and assay technologies and the lack of standardization against reference materials and reference method often confounds proper assessment of vitamin D status...
- Quantitative profiling of biomarkers related to B-vitamin status, tryptophan metabolism and inflammation in human plasma by liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryØivind Midttun
Bevital A S, Armauer Hansens Hus, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 23:1371-9. 2009..05 to 7 nmol/L. The method enables quantification of endogenous plasma concentrations of 16 analytes related to B-vitamin status and inflammation, and may prove useful in large-scale epidemiological studies...
- Quantitation of hepcidin from human and mouse serum using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryAnthony T Murphy
Department of Drug Disposition Bioproducts, Lilly Research Laboratories, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Blood 110:1048-54. 2007..The method was used to establish baseline serum and plasma concentrations of hepcidin in normal C57Bl/6 mice and healthy human volunteers...
- Rapid analysis of 21 antibiotics of multiple classes in municipal wastewater using ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryBing Li
Department of Civil Engineering, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Anal Chim Acta 645:64-72. 2009In this study, solid phase extraction (SPE) and ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS) were utilized to develop a rapid, sensitive and reliable method for trace analysis of 21 antibiotics belonging ..
- Development and evaluation of a reference measurement procedure for the determination of estradiol-17beta in human serum using isotope-dilution liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometrySusan S C Tai
Analytical Chemistry Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899 8392, USA
Anal Chem 77:6359-63. 2005..A reference measurement procedure for estradiol in serum involving isotope-dilution coupled with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) has been developed and critically evaluated...
- Endometrial carcinoma biomarker discovery and verification using differentially tagged clinical samples with multidimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometryLeroi V DeSouza
Department of Chemistry, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ontario M2J 1P3, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1170-82. 2007..from endometrial tissues using differentially labeled tags iTRAQ and cleavable ICAT with multidimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry. J. Proteome Res...
- Characterization of protein impurities and site-specific modifications using peptide mapping with liquid chromatography and data independent acquisition mass spectrometryHongwei Xie
Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Waters Corporation, 34 Maple Street, Massachusetts 01757, USA
Anal Chem 81:5699-708. 2009b>Liquid chromatography (LC)-based peptide mapping is extensively used for establishing protein identity, assessing purity, and detecting post-translational modifications (PTMs) of recombinant proteins in the biopharmaceutical industry...
- Evaluation of multidimensional chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/LC-MS/MS) for large-scale protein analysis: the yeast proteomeJunmin Peng
Department of Cell Biology, and Taplin Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Proteome Res 2:43-50. 2003Highly complex protein mixtures can be directly analyzed after proteolysis by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- Metabonomics study of urine and plasma in depression and excess fatigue rats by ultra fast liquid chromatography coupled with ion trap-time of flight mass spectrometryFengxia Zhang
CAS Key Laboratory of Separation Science for Analytical Chemistry, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
Mol Biosyst 6:852-61. 2010A novel metabonomic method based on fast liquid chromatography coupled with ion trap-time of flight mass spectrometry (UFLC/MS-IT-TOF) was applied to study the metabolic changes of plasma and urine in depression and excess fatigue rats...
- Correlations between phthalate metabolites in urine, serum, and seminal plasma from young Danish men determined by isotope dilution liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryHanne Frederiksen
Department of Growth and Reproduction, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Anal Toxicol 34:400-10. 2010..In seminal plasma, only MEP levels correlated significantly to levels in urine and in serum...
- Simultaneous determination of sulfonamides, tetracyclines and tiamulin in swine wastewater by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryWeiwei Ben
Research Center for Eco Environmental Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 18 Shuang Qing Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing 100085, China
J Chromatogr A 1202:173-80. 2008..three tetracyclines and one macrolide in swine wastewater using solid-phase extraction (SPE) and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)...
- Quantification of the anti-leukemia drug STI571 (Gleevec) and its metabolite (CGP 74588) in monkey plasma using a semi-automated solid phase extraction procedure and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryR Bakhtiar
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 28:1183-94. 2002..Herein, assay development, validation, and representative concentration-time profiles obtained from TK studies are presented...
- Development of a metabolomic approach based on liquid chromatography-high resolution mass spectrometry to screen for clenbuterol abuse in calvesFrédérique Courant
Laboratoire d Etude des Résidus et Contaminants dans les Aliments LABERCA, Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Nantes ENVN, USC INRA 2013, BP 50707, F 44307 Nantes Cedex 3, France
Analyst 134:1637-46. 2009..As a first demonstration of feasibility, an untargeted metabolomic approach based on liquid chromatography coupled to high resolution mass spectrometry measurements was developed and made it possible to highlight ..
- Exploring the mechanism of Physcomitrella patens desiccation tolerance through a proteomic strategyXiao Qin Wang
College of Life Sciences, Capital Normal University, Beijing 100048, China
Plant Physiol 149:1739-50. 2009..Late embryogenesis abundant proteins and reactive oxygen species-scavenging enzymes are both prominently induced, and they might help to diminish the damage brought by desiccation...
- Determination of 76 pharmaceutical drugs by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry in slaughterhouse wastewaterBing Shao
Central Laboratory, Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100013, China
J Chromatogr A 1216:8312-8. 2009..SPE) cartridge and further purification using an amino SPE cartridge, analytes were detected by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry in positive or negative ion mode...
- Combinatorial modification of human histone H4 quantitated by two-dimensional liquid chromatography coupled with top down mass spectrometryJames J Pesavento
Center for Biophysics and Computational Biology, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14927-37. 2008..range >10(4) using a strictly Top Down mass spectrometric approach coupled with two dimensions of liquid chromatography. This enhanced dynamic range enabled the precise characterization and quantitation of 42 forms uniquely ..
- Determination of multiple pharmaceutical classes in surface and ground waters by liquid chromatography-ion trap-tandem mass spectrometrySvetlana Grujic
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Technology and Metallurgy, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
J Chromatogr A 1216:4989-5000. 2009..Water samples were prepared using solid-phase extraction and extracts were analyzed by liquid chromatography-ion trap-tandem mass spectrometry with electrospray ionization in both positive and negative ionization ..
- Lipidomic analysis of biological samples by liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometryGiuseppe Astarita
Department of Pharmacology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 579:201-19. 2009..In this chapter, we present a lipidomic approach that combines sample preparation, chromatographic, and intrasource ionization separation coupled to mass spectrometry for analyzing a broad-range of lipid molecules in biological samples...
- Quantification of serum 1-84 parathyroid hormone in patients with hyperparathyroidism by immunocapture in situ digestion liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryVivek Kumar
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 56:306-13. 2010..A methodology using immunocapture purification with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) detection, along with a stable isotope-labeled internal standard, may ..
- Performance metrics for liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry systems in proteomics analysesPaul A Rudnick
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:225-41. 2010..Application of these metrics enables rational, quantitative quality assessment for proteomics and other LC-MS/MS analytical applications...
- Studies of signal suppression in liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry using volatile ion-pairing reagentsS A Gustavsson
Department of Organic Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 937:41-7. 2001Volatile ion-pairing reagents are useful due to their compatibility with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry...
- 13C isotope-labeled metabolomes allowing for improved compound annotation and relative quantification in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based metabolomic researchPatrick Giavalisco
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Anal Chem 81:6546-51. 2009..metabolomics, we here describe a (13)C isotope labeling strategy in combination with an Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance Mass Spectrometry-based approach (UPLC-FTICR MS) which provides ..
- Screening non-colored phenolics in red wines using liquid chromatography/ultraviolet and mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry librariesJianping Sun
Center for Viticulture and Enology, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agriculture University, 10083 Beijing, People s Republic of China
Molecules 12:679-93. 2007b>Liquid chromatography/ultraviolet (LC/UV) and mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry (MS/MS) libraries containing 39 phenolic compounds were established by coupling a LC and an ion trap MS with an electrospray ionization (ESI) source, ..
- Stable isotope dilution multidimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for pancreatic cancer serum biomarker discoveryKenneth H Yu
Centers for Cancer Pharmacology and Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Proteome Res 8:1565-76. 2009..Proteins were separated by isoelectric focusing (IEF) prior to two-dimensional liquid chromatography (2D-LC)-MS/MS analysis. A total of 1065 proteins were identified of which 121 proteins were present at 1...
- Degradation products of proteins damaged by glycation, oxidation and nitration in clinical type 1 diabetesN Ahmed
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Essex, Colchester, Essex CO4 3SQ, UK
Diabetologia 48:1590-603. 2005....
- Determination of adenosine nucleotides in cultured cells by ion-pairing liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryTianxiu Qian
Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China
Anal Biochem 325:77-84. 2004A method using ion-pairing liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (MS) was developed for analyzing adenosine 5(')-monophosphate (AMP), adenosine 5(')-diphosphate (ADP), and adenosine 5(')-triphosphate (ATP) in cellular extracts...
- Total, membrane, and immunogenic proteomes of macrophage- and tick cell-derived Ehrlichia chaffeensis evaluated by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and MALDI-TOF methodsGwi Moon Seo
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, 1800 Denison Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66506, USA
Infect Immun 76:4823-32. 2008..Total proteins resolved by one-dimensional gel electrophoresis and subjected to liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization ion trap mass spectrometry allowed identification of 134 and 116 proteins from ..
- Quantification of oxidative single-base and intrastrand cross-link lesions in unmethylated and CpG-methylated DNA induced by Fenton-type reagentsHuachuan Cao
Department of Chemistry 027, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521 0403, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:4833-44. 2007..These results suggest that oxidative intrastrand cross-link lesions formed at methylated-CpG sites may account for the previously reported mCG-->TT tandem double mutations induced by Fenton-type reagents...
- Identification of oxidised proteins in the matrix of rice leaf mitochondria by immunoprecipitation and two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryBrian K Kristensen
Risø National Laboratory, Plant Research Department, P O Box 49, DK 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Phytochemistry 65:1839-51. 2004..We therefore conclude that a number of proteins are oxidised in the matrix of rice leaf mitochondria in vivo and further identify a group of proteins that are particularly susceptible to mild oxidation in vitro...
- Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) remains a pre-eminent discovery tool in clinical steroid investigations even in the era of fast liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)Nils Krone
Centre for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, School for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121:496-504. 2010b>Liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) is replacing classical methods for steroid hormone analysis. It requires small sample volumes and has given rise to improved specificity and short analysis times...
- A proteomic analysis of human bileTroels Zakarias Kristiansen
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine and Department of Biological Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:715-28. 2004..of bile by one-dimensional gel electrophoresis and lectin affinity chromatography followed by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry...
- Negative ion graphitised carbon nano-liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry increases sensitivity for glycoprotein oligosaccharide analysisNiclas G Karlsson
Proteome Systems Ltd, Locked Bag 2073, North Ryde Sydney, New South Wales, 1670, Australia
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:2282-92. 2004Negative ion nano-liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (nano-LC/MS) and tandem mass spectrometry (nano-LC/MS(2)), using graphitised carbon as separating medium, were explored for analysing neutral and acidic O-linked and N-linked ..
- Quantitative evaluation of intracellular metabolite extraction techniques for yeast metabolomicsAndré B Canelas
Department of Biotechnology, Kluyver Centre for Genomics of Industrial Fermentation, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 81:7379-89. 2009..According to our results, AANM performs poorly in yeast and FTM cannot be considered adequate as an extraction method, as it does not ensure inactivation of enzymatic activity...
- Automation of nanoscale microcapillary liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry with a vented columnLawrence J Licklider
Taplin Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anal Chem 74:3076-83. 2002To fully automate the sample introduction step for nanoscale microcapillary liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) analyses, 75 microm i.d...
- A HUPO test sample study reveals common problems in mass spectrometry-based proteomicsAlexander W Bell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Nat Methods 6:423-30. 2009..to try to identify errors leading to irreproducibility, including incompleteness of peptide sampling, in liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry-based proteomics...
- Toward one step analysis of cellular lipidomes using liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry: application to Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Schizosaccharomyces pombe lipidomicsGuanghou Shui
Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Department of Biochemistry, 8 Medical Drive, Block MD 7, Singapore
Mol Biosyst 6:1008-17. 2010..Here we demonstrate that a single method of liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry (LCMS) can be used for simultaneous profiling of major cellular lipids ..
- Free thyroid hormones in serum by direct equilibrium dialysis and online solid-phase extraction--liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryBingfang Yue
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1221, USA
Clin Chem 54:642-51. 2008..We describe a direct equilibrium dialysis (ED)-liquid chromatography (LC)/tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) method for FT4 and FT3.
- Multiple high-throughput analyses monitor the response of E. coli to perturbationsNobuyoshi Ishii
Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, Yamagata 997 0017, Japan
Science 316:593-7. 2007..coli actively regulated enzyme levels to maintain a stable metabolic state in response to changes in growth rate. E. coli thus seems to use complementary strategies that result in a metabolic network robust against perturbations...
- Genome-specific gas-phase fractionation strategy for improved shotgun proteomic profiling of proteotypic peptidesAlexander Scherl
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Anal Chem 80:1182-91. 2008....
- Modifications to the Arabidopsis defense proteome occur prior to significant transcriptional change in response to inoculation with Pseudomonas syringaeAlexandra M E Jones
Department of Agricultural Science, Imperial College London, Wye TN25 5AH, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 142:1603-20. 2006..Rapid communication between organelles and regulation of primary metabolism through redox-mediated signaling are supported by our data...
- The Genoa 2005 outbreak. Determination of putative palytoxin in Mediterranean Ostreopsis ovata by a new liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry methodPatrizia Ciminiello
Dipartimento di Chimica delle Sostanze Naturali, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
Anal Chem 78:6153-9. 2006..It is based on combination of reversed-phase liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry (LC-MS)...
- A new strategy for identification of N-glycosylated proteins and unambiguous assignment of their glycosylation sites using HILIC enrichment and partial deglycosylationPer Hägglund
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteome Res 3:556-66. 2004..biological samples, we performed an enrichment of glycosylated peptides through hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (HILIC) followed by partial deglycosylation using a combination of endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidases (EC ..
- Determination of the neurotoxin BMAA (beta-N-methylamino-L-alanine) in cycad seed and cyanobacteria by LC-MS/MS (liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry)Johan Rosen
National Food Administration, Uppsala, Sweden
Analyst 133:1785-9. 2008A highly specific method for the analysis of beta-N-methylamino-L-alanine (BMAA) by LC-MS/MS (liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry) has been developed and applied for cycad seeds and cyanobacteria...
- Deciphering proteomic signatures of early diapause in NasoniaFlorian Wolschin
School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e6394. 2009..Studying a diapause syndrome on a proteomic level rather than isolated pathways or physiological networks, has proven to be an efficient and successful avenue to understand molecular mechanisms involved in diapause...
- Current two-dimensional electrophoresis technology for proteomicsAngelika Görg
Department of Proteomics, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Proteomics 4:3665-85. 2004..This is in contrast to liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry based methods, which perform analysis on peptides, where Mr and pI information is ..
- High throughput quantitative analysis of serum proteins using glycopeptide capture and liquid chromatography mass spectrometryHui Zhang
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:144-55. 2005..that are N-linked glycosylated in the intact protein, the analysis of these now deglycosylated peptides by liquid chromatography electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, and the comparative analysis of the resulting patterns...
- Spectral index for assessment of differential protein expression in shotgun proteomicsXiaoyun Fu
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Proteome Res 7:845-54. 2008..Therefore, it should be useful for biomarker discovery and comparisons of protein expression between normal and disease states...
- Quantitative analysis of sphingoid base-1-phosphates as bisacetylated derivatives by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryEvgeny V Berdyshev
Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, MFL Building, Center Tower, Room 683, 5200 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Anal Biochem 339:129-36. 2005..Preliminary findings employing positive ion electrospray ionization (ESI) liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) analysis indicated significant sample carryover from previous ..
- LC-MSsim--a simulation software for liquid chromatography mass spectrometry dataOle Schulz-Trieglaff
International Max Planck Research School for Computational Biology and Scientific Computing, Berlin, Germany
BMC Bioinformatics 9:423. 2008Mass Spectrometry coupled to Liquid Chromatography (LC-MS) is commonly used to analyze the protein content of biological samples in large scale studies. The data resulting from an LC-MS experiment is huge, highly complex and noisy...
- Comprehensive profiling of N-acylhomoserine lactones produced by Yersinia pseudotuberculosis using liquid chromatography coupled to hybrid quadrupole-linear ion trap mass spectrometryCatharine A Ortori
Centre for Analytical Bioscience, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Anal Bioanal Chem 387:497-511. 2007..of the N-acylhomoserine lactone (AHL) family of bacterial quorum-sensing molecules is presented using liquid chromatography (LC) coupled to hybrid quadrupole-linear ion trap (QqQLIT) mass spectrometry...
- In-depth proteomic profiling of the normal human kidney glomerulus using two-dimensional protein prefractionation in combination with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryMasahito Miyamoto
Department of Structural Pathology, Institute of Nephrology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
J Proteome Res 6:3680-90. 2007....
- Relative quantitative comparisons of the extracellular protein profiles of Staphylococcus aureus UAMS-1 and its sarA, agr, and sarA agr regulatory mutants using one-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and nanocapillary liquid chromatography couRichard C Jones
Divisions of Microbiology, Systems Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079 9502, USA
J Bacteriol 190:5265-78. 2008One-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis followed by nanocapillary liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry was used to analyze proteins isolated from Staphylococcus aureus UAMS-1 after 3, 6, 12, and 24 h of in ..
- Analysis of proteins and proteomes by mass spectrometryM Mann
Protein Interaction Laboratory and Center for Experimental BioInformatics CEBI, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
Annu Rev Biochem 70:437-73. 2001..By these and similar strategies, entire protein complexes, signaling pathways, and whole organelles are being characterized. Posttranslational modifications remain difficult to analyze but are starting to yield to generic strategies...
- Determination of berberine in human plasma by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryWenyan Hua
Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tongjiaxiang, Nanjing 210009, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:931-7. 2007A liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) method for the determination of berberine in human plasma using chlorobenzylidine as the internal standard (IS) has been developed and validated...
- Analysis of amadori-glycated phosphatidylethanolamine in the plasma of healthy subjects and diabetic patients by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryTeruo Miyazawa
Food and Biodynamic Chemistry Laboratory, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1126:291-4. 2008..Therefore, it is likely that pyridoxal 5'-phosphate acts as a lipid glycation inhibitor in vivo, and this may contribute to diabetes prevention...
- Low serum testosterone assayed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Comparison with five immunoassay techniquesValerie Moal
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, University Hospital, F 49033 Angers, France
Clin Chim Acta 386:12-9. 2007..Our aim was to develop a sensitive assay to quantitate low serum testosterone concentrations using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- Highly sensitive simultaneous determination of sulfonamide antibiotics and one metabolite in environmental waters by liquid chromatography-quadrupole linear ion trap-mass spectrometryM Silvia Díaz-Cruz
Department of Environmental Chemistry, Instituto de Investigaciones Químicas y Ambientales, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, C Jordi Girona 18 26, E 08034 Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1193:50-9. 2008The present work describes the development of a highly sensitive analytical method based on liquid chromatography-quadrupole linear ion trap-mass spectrometry (LC-QqLIT-MS) for the determination of nine sulfonamide antibiotics and one N4-..
- Mascot file parsing and quantification (MFPaQ), a new software to parse, validate, and quantify proteomics data generated by ICAT and SILAC mass spectrometric analyses: application to the proteomics study of membrane proteins from primary human endotheliaDavid Bouyssie
Laboratoire de Protéomique et Spectrométrie de Masse des Biomolécules, Equipe Labellisée LIGUE 2006, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, CNRS UMR 5089, 205 route de Narbonne, 31077, Toulouse, France
Mol Cell Proteomics 6:1621-37. 2007....
- Full-scan accurate mass selectivity of ultra-performance liquid chromatography combined with time-of-flight and orbitrap mass spectrometry in hormone and veterinary drug residue analysisE van der Heeft
RIKILT Institute of Food Safety, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:451-63. 2009The applicability of ultra-performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) combined with full-scan accurate mass time-of-flight (TOF) and Orbitrap mass spectrometry (MS) to the analysis of hormone and veterinary drug residues was evaluated...
- Analysis of carbohydrates on proteins by offline normal-phase liquid chromatography MALDI-TOF/TOF-MS/MSTheodora Tryfona
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Methods Mol Biol 658:137-51. 2010..Hence, the detailed characterization of such glycans can be a very demanding task. Liquid chromatography in combination with mass spectrometric techniques can provide a fast and sensitive tool for the analysis ..
- Determination of pharmaceuticals in soils and sediments by pressurized liquid extraction and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometryPablo Vazquez-Roig
Laboratori de Bromatologia i Toxicologia, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Valencia, Av Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1217:2471-83. 2010..on pressurized liquid extraction (PLE) and pre-concentration by solid-phase extraction (SPE), followed by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS/MS) for the determination of seventeen pharmaceuticals in ..
- Urine testing for designer steroids by liquid chromatography with androgen bioassay detection and electrospray quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry identificationMichel W F Nielen
RIKILT Institute of Food Safety, P O Box 230, 6700 AE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 78:424-31. 2006....
- Liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure photoionization tandem mass spectrometry for analysis of 36 halogenated flame retardants in fishSimon Ningsun Zhou
Department of Chemistry, Brock University, 500 Glenridge Avenue, St Catharines, ON L2S 3A, Canada
J Chromatogr A 1217:633-41. 2010A comprehensive, sensitive and high-throughput liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure photoionization tandem mass spectrometry (LC-APPI-MS/MS) method has been developed for analysis of 36 halogenated flame retardants (HFRs)...
- Forensic analysis of hallucinogenic mushrooms and khat (Catha edulis Forsk) using cation-exchange liquid chromatographyTim Laussmann
Centre for Education and Science of the Federal Finance Administration, Customs Laboratory Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 195:160-4. 2010..German customs authorities, a convenient comprehensive quantitative HPLC method based on cation-exchange liquid chromatography for these rather "exotic" drugs has been developed which avoids time-consuming multi-step sample ..
- Development of highly sensitive quantification method for testosterone and dihydrotestosterone in human serum and prostate tissue by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryKouwa Yamashita
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku Pharmaceutical University, 4 1 Komatsushima 4 chome, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi 981 8558, Japan
Steroids 74:920-6. 2009We developed highly sensitive detection of testosterone (T) and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry using high proton affinitive derivatization of 17beta-hydroxyl ..
- The reproducible acquisition of comparative liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry data from complex biological samplesIan I Stewart
MDS Proteomics Inc, 251 Attwell Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:1697-710. 2004..analysis using a prototype two-stage heated laminar flow chamber fitted to a commercial high-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC/MS/MS) instrument was undertaken...
- Liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry characterization of Escherichia coli and Shigella speciesRobert A Everley
Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services, Commonwealth of Virginia, and Department of Chemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23219, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 19:1621-8. 2008b>Liquid chromatography/quadrupole time of flight mass spectrometry (LC/QTOF MS) utilizing electrospray ionization was employed to monitor protein expression in Escherichia coli and Shigella organisms...
- Newborn screening for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD): validation of a combined liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric (LC-MS/MS) methodWalter C Hubbard
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 600 North Wolfe Street, Osler 527, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mol Genet Metab 97:212-20. 2009..These studies clearly show that the method is highly sensitive and accurate in identifying individuals with a defect in peroxisomal beta-oxidation such as X-ALD...
- Multi-residue analytical method for the determination of emerging pollutants in water by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryRosario Rodil
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of A Coruna, Campus A Zapateira s n, 15071 A Coruna, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1216:2958-69. 2009..53 multi-class emerging organic pollutants in water samples using solid-phase extraction (SPE) followed by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), using electrospray ionisation (ESI) in both positive and negative ..
- Development and validation of a sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay to simultaneously measure androgens and estrogens in serum without derivatizationD Tim Harwood
Andrology Laboratory, ANZAC Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 409:78-84. 2009..However, they lack specificity, especially at low levels. This study aimed to develop a sensitive LC-MS/MS method to measure serum androgens and estrogens without derivatization within a single run...
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..Measurement of EETs will be performed by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Findings to Date...
- Neuroimaging abnormalities in major depressive disorder: effect of inflammationJonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..using cytokine bead arrays, while measurements of TRP, KYN, and 3HK will be obtained with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Imaging will be conducted on a GE MR750 3T scanner with a 32-channel coil...
- Patient-Derived Stem Cells for Phosphoproteomic Profiling NeuropsychopathologyDieter A Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2011..Multidimensional liquid chromatography (MDLC) tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) is a powerful tool for analysis of proteomes, phosphoproteomes, ..
- A Rodent Model to Study Links Among Diet, Visceral Adipose and CardiomyopathyMELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..diet- induced changes in the myocardial and adipose lipid profile will be measured using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Arsenic Exposure, Genetic Determinants and Diabetes Risk in a Family StudyAna Navas-Acien; Fiscal Year: 2013..species concentrations using inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICPMS) and high performance liquid chromatography-ICPMS (HPLC-ICPMS), respectively...
- Protein alterations in skeletal muscle cells with improved mtDNA repairLyudmila I Rachek; Fiscal Year: 2010..To complete this study we propose to make use of a new liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) approach.
- Controlled delivery of polypeptide hormone calcitoninJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry, and high performance liquid chromatography techniques. Further, in vitro biocompatibility of the delivery systems will be evaluated by MTT assay. (2)...
- IDENTIFICATION OF ACOUSTICO-LATERALIS TRANSMITTERSDennis G Drescher; Fiscal Year: 2013..in hair cells and inner-ear sensory epithelia, with femtomole-sensitive, high-resolution, high-performance liquid chromatography. Enzymes of synthesis and transporters for the transmitters will be analyzed with molecular and ..
- Delineation of the molecular mechanisms underlying group A Streptococcus virulencPaul Sumby; Fiscal Year: 2013..To identify the breath of FASX-mediated regulation in GAS we will use two-dimensional liquid chromatography mass spectrometry analysis to compare the proteomes of a clinical GAS isolate with its isogenic fasX ..
- Deriving hepatocytes from disease specific iPS to treat metabolic liver disordersNamita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be determined and biliary excretion of bilirubin glucuronides will be analyzed by high-pressure liquid chromatography. (b) Finally, a group of recipient rats and immunodeficient mice will be observed life-long to evaluate ..
- Simultaneous Insulin and Leptin Signaling in POMC Neurons Promotes Fertility andLATRICE DOREEN FAULKNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and radioimmunoassay (RIA), we will directly measure the levels of processing intermediates and ..
- Nonenzymatic glycation, bone quality, and microdamage in type 2 diabetic boneEve Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2013..ft2 of core lab space, and includes equipment for CNC milling, mechanical testing, ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), and core facilities for Biochemistry, Bioimaging, Cell &Molecular Biology, Microscopy, and ..
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN MAG AKAT ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2012..in plasma-hypoxanthine (Hx), xanthine (Xa), and uric acid (UA)-will be measured using high performance liquid chromatography. Oxidative stress will be quantified by measuring plasma levels of xanthine oxidase (XO), xanthine ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..be ascertained using established methods such as nuclear magnetic resonance (1H-NMR) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- High Throughput Methods to Measure Disparities in Childhood Exposure to TobaccoSharon E Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to (1) develop high throughput liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) methods to quantify cotinine in dried blood spots;(2) estimate the U.S...
- Detection of engineered nanomaterials in drinking water, food, commercial productPaul K Westerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that two basic instrumentation platforms (ion coupled plasma mass spectroscopy and liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy) can be developed in conjunction with sample pretreatment methods, involving extraction, ..
- Combined use of green tea and quercetin in prostate cancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2012..polyphenols, quercetin and their metabolites in tumor tissue, liver, lung, and kidney by high performance liquid chromatography and coularray electrochemical detection...
- Molecular Biology of Erythrocyte AnkyrinPatrick G Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2010..includes: study of genomic DNA from patients with ankyrin-linked HS by denaturing high performance liquid chromatography, followed by nucleotide sequencing;analysis of the cDNA and genomic fragments of the ankyrin gene relevant ..
- Exposure and biological response biomarkers of cigarette smokeIAN ALEXANDER BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently devised a more quantitative method based on immunoaffinity stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) that can be readily elaborated to studies of tobacco smokers...
- Pharmacology of Antiretroviral Nanoparticle MicellesChristopher J Destache; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Liquid chromatography, scanning electron and confocal microscopy, and functional studies in macrophages as a drug delivery ..
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMCLARK ALGAIER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The development method included the determination of the lowest quantifiable matrix concentration using liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection (LC/MS) and evaluation of matrix interferences...
- Continuation of FERN Activities at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment StatioLAURIE J PETERSON-WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) The use of Liquid Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) for the analysis of unknown compounds in foods...
- Glutamate-Glutamine Metabolism in Primary Human Brain TumorsAnne Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The pattern of isotopic enrichment will be determined using liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)...
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS OF REM SLEEP GENERATIONHelen A Baghdoyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..to selective brain regions and for collecting endogenously released neurotransmitters;2) high performance liquid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis to measure changes in endogenous neurotransmitters caused by antipsychotic ..
- Modeling distinct neonatal purine metabolism to inform vaccine developmentOfer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..employ thin layer chromatography, pharmacologic inhibitors, enzyme immunodepletion, and high performance liquid chromatography. The ontogeny of purine-metabolizing enzymes will be characterized using neonatal and infant plasma ..
- Identification and Validation of Alcohol Biomarker Signatures by ProteomicsEmanuel Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A combination of 2D electrophoresis with multidimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectroscopy will be employed to characterize protein changes, as well as, post-..
- Triple Quadrupole/Linear Ion Trap LC-MS/MS for LPIJan Frederik Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2010..on oxidative stress-, inflammation- and age-related diseases by acquiring an Applied Biosystems 5500 QTrap Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry System (5500 QTrap LC-MS/MS) for the sensitive detection, identification, and ..
- Validation and Quantification of FFPE Antigen Retrieval by Proteome AnalysisXUPEING FANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteome techniques including two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and multidimensional liquid chromatography system, the lack of optimized methodologies for retrieving proteins from FFPE tissues further restricts ..
- The role of trace metals and T-channels in painSlobodan M Todorovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..identification of this molecule using immobilized metal-affinity columns, reverse-phase high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), mass spectrometry and patch-clamp recordings of recombinant CaV3.2 T-currents...
- Heme Oxygenase Polymorphisms and Hepatopulmonary SyndromeKARI EVAN ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2012..rare (1-10%) genetic variation in conserved segments of the H01 promoter using denaturing high pressure liquid chromatography, and then examine the association of this variation with HPS...
- Manipulation of Host Angiogenesis as a Therapeutic Strategy against Invasive PulmDimitrios P Kontoyiannis; Fiscal Year: 2010..AMB concentrations will be measured in pulmonary tissue and in matrigel plugs using high performance liquid chromatography, and compared between groups of mice receiving AMB alone and groups receiving AMB plus VEGF and/or bFGF...
- Population-Based Reference Ranges for Estradiol and Estrone in MenVASAN S RAMACHANDRAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Total E1 and E2 levels will be measured using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) and free E1 and E2 will be calculated...
- Urine biomarkers of lupus nephritis pathology and response to therapyJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2013..tyrosines (Tyr) indicative of exposure to reactive intermediates will be detected by high performance liquid chromatography-electrochemical detection (HPLC-EC)...
- Global Proteomic Screening by MALDI Spectrometric Imaging of Protein-Bead ArraysMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2012..with conventional mass spectrometry based proteomics such as two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and liquid chromatography are slow and not nearly as robust as the physical arraying/sorting of proteins inherent in a microarray...
- New composite material design based on studies of tooth-composite and microbial iJ Paul Santerre; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the materials, as measured by the release of degradation products, will be assessed by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) combined with UV spectroscopy and mass spectrometry...
- Children's Exposure to Flame Retardants: Effects on Thyroid Hormone RegulationHeather M Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2012..also plans to develop and validate a new method to measure thyroid hormone levels and DI activity using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS), which will use stable isotopes instead of radio-labeled isotopes used ..
- PPAR delta functions in liverChih Hao Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using unbiased, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) metabolomics approaches, we have identified 1-stearoyl-2- oleoyl-sn-glycero-3-..
- Impact of Estrogens and Menopause on Interacting Monoamine Neurotransmitters in tJeffrey K Yao; Fiscal Year: 2013..in biological tissues. This is accomplished using state-of-the-art high-pressure liquid chromatography coupled with a 16-channel Coulometric Multi-Electrode Array System (HPLC-CMEAS) and capillary gas ..
- Quercetin to enhance the bioavailability and activity of green tea polyphenolsSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2013..quercetin and methylated metabolites will be analyzed in blood and prostate tissue using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with coularray electrochemical detection (ECD)...
- ERK Signaling in Inflammatory Bone LossFrancis Young In Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..will examine whether rhCRG/NFATc1 functionally interact with 6 candidate proteins which we identified on Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry of His-CRG pulled-down proteins...
- Alkylammonium Formate Mobile Phase Modifiers for Protein Liquid ChromatographyNEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..ionic liquids, alkylammonium formates (AAFs), as mobile phase alternatives to organic solvents for liquid chromatography (LC) of proteins...
- Bioactive lipids in food and pharmaceutical productsEric J Haas-Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2013..cerevisiae with liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Dipstick Assay for Detection of Acetaminophen Protein AdductsLaura P James; Fiscal Year: 2010..be compared to "in parallel" examination of APAP protein adducts using an established high performance liquid chromatography assay with electrochemical detection...
- A novel therapeutic approach for pressure ulcersEDWARD PAUL MONAGHAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry to determine the pharmacokinetic profile of ARN077 following acute or prolonged topical ..
- Linking Limnology to Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water Using Buoy Sensors and Auto-SaTodd R Miller; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cyanotoxins will be measured by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry and include hepatotoxins (microcystins and cylindrospermopsin) and neurotoxins (..
- A sensitive, ETD capable, ion trap for proteomics and PTM researchDENNIS PETERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..RELEVANCE: The instrument for this application is an amaZon ETD/CID ion trap mass spectrometer and nano liquid chromatography system from Bruker Daltonics which will provide accurate, reproducible and highly sensitive measurement of ..
- cGMP manufacturing of PBI-220, a broad spectrum immunoadhesin therapeutic againstLLOYD M YU; Fiscal Year: 2013..immunoblotting, isoelectric focusing, UV spectroscopy, binding assays, size exclusion and peptide mapping liquid chromatography. NARRATIVE: This application focuses on the scalable cGMP manufacturing of our lead biodefense ..
- Quantitative Mass Spectrometry Assays to Detect Multiple Myeloma and Assess RelapJOHN MATTHEW KOOMEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Coupled with reverse phase liquid chromatography separations, these pairs of intact molecular weight and fragment ion mass, known as transitions, provide ..
- Discovery of a urine biomarker of HIV for noninvasive, point-of-care testing useHans P Schlecht; Fiscal Year: 2011..Although modern liquid chromatography used in tandem with mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS) has ultrasensitive detection ability, i.e...
- Enhancement of Medullary Erythropoiesis during Anemia by Trib3David Kuhrt; Fiscal Year: 2013..I then will use co-immunoprecipitation and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry methods to identify Trib3 targets...
- GE Healthcare Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography FPLC product number 13470501.Jasti S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will utilize fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) to purify rAAVs...
- ROLE OF OXIDIZED CARDIOLIPIN TRANSLOCATION IN OXIDATIVE STRESS-INDUCED APOPTOSISAlbert W Girotti; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cutting-edge analytical techniques such as Biacore-based surface plasmon resonance, high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection, and high- performance thin layer chromatography with phosphorimaging ..
- Liquid Chromatograph-Triple Quadrupole Mass SpectrometerPeyton Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2010..analyze large numbers of samples (about 5000-10,000 per year), most of our analyses are carried out using liquid chromatography - tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)...
- Determining the Function of PNPLA3 Utilizing Metabolomics and Stable Isotope LabeMATTHEW ALVIN MITSCHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..an accumulation of fatty acids in the form of triglycerides, I will adapt and/or develop targeted liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS) methods to measure the concentrations of different classes of fatty ..
- Endogenous Oxalate SynthesisRoss P Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2013..13C-labelled oxalate, glycolate and glyoxal with ion chromatography coupled to mass detection (IC/MS) or liquid chromatography coupled to mass detection (LC/MS), will allow the flux of carbon to be tracked...
- TARGETS OF AMINO ACID RESTRICTION IN PROSTATE CANCERGary G Meadows; Fiscal Year: 2009..Intracellular amino acids will be determined by high pressure liquid chromatography and apoptosis will be measured by flow cytometry...
- Human serum carbonyl proteome in cardiovascular diseasesNisha Jain Garg; Fiscal Year: 2010..In aim 1, we would utilize a ProteomeLab PF2D liquid chromatography system to identify the changes in the plasma proteome of chagasic subjects and compare them to findings in ..
- Linear quadrupole/linear ion trap LC/MS/MS mass spectrometerRodney C Baker; Fiscal Year: 2010..Combining liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry provides a very powerful tool to investigators addressing biomedical questions, and ..
- HPLC-ICP-MS SystemPETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..funds for a new inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS) interfaced to a high- performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) system to be located at the Athinoula A...
- Interactions of Lipoproteins and Cells in Diabetes MellitusRICHARD LOUIS KLEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Specific Aim B, we will employ sophisticated high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry to quantitate ceramide and sphingolipid subspecies in VLDL, LDL, HDL2, and HDL3 ..
- CD1 presentation of self glycolipids and lipopeptides to T cellsDAVID BRANCH MOODY; Fiscal Year: 2013..After isolating antigenic compounds from tissues by liquid chromatography, their molecular structures will be solved by mass spectrometry...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Stability-indicating high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) will be used to assay the drug as well as monitor stability monitoring in Aim 3...
- OZONE INDUCED AIRWAY EPITHELIAL HYPERPROLIFERATIONCHRISTOPHER MURLAS; Fiscal Year: 1999..homogenates, assessment of new NEP-specific mRNA synthesis by Northern blot analyses, and high performance liquid chromatography measurements of NEP activity will be done...
- NUCLEAR ACIDIC PROTEIN ANTIGENS IN RHEUMATIC DISEASESGORDON SHARP; Fiscal Year: 1990..patient sera, IgG, and murine and human monoclonal antibodes will be isolated by high performance liquid chromatography ion, exchange, gel filtration, and immunoaffinity chromatography, and by gel electrophoresis...
- Assessment of Nicotine Metabolism Among Underserved Pregnant Women from NE SCRIPTDonna Parker; Fiscal Year: 2007..will measure both cotinine and hydroxycotinine levels in urine samples using state-of-the-art methodology- liquid chromatography/atmospheric pressure ionization tandem spectrometry...
- Metals in exhaled breath condensate as COPD biomarkersAntonio Mutti; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) will be used as a complementary approach to develop biomarkers of ..
- Field-Deployable Monitor to Assess Personal Exposure to Multiple Heavy MetalsBADAWI M DWEIK; Fiscal Year: 2010..as blood or urine in centralized laboratories using complex analytical methods such as high-performance liquid chromatography inductively coupled plasma mass spectroscopy...
- Refinement of LC/ESR/MS for Studying Lipid Free Radicals in Colon Cancer GrowthSteven Qian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, an innovative approach consisting of on-line Liquid Chromatography/Electron Spin Resonance (LC/ESR) and on-line Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) will be used ..
- Acquisition of a Hybrid Quadrupole, Ion Mobility Separation, Orthogonal AcceleratSheng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Tandem Mass Spectrometer (Synapt HDMS), interfaced with a fully integrated ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (nanoAcquityUPLC) platform from Waters Corporation...