Genomes and Genes
Summary: Fractionation of a vaporized sample as a consequence of partition between a mobile gaseous phase and a stationary phase held in a column. Two types are gas-solid chromatography, where the fixed phase is a solid, and gas-liquid, in which the stationary phase is a nonvolatile liquid supported on an inert solid matrix.
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Application of a new method for analysis of exhaled gas in critically ill patientsJ K Schubert
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Freiburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 24:415-21. 1998..Application of a new method for analysis of exhaled gas in critically ill patients...
- Natural odor ligands for olfactory receptor neurons of the female mosquito Aedes aegypti: use of gas chromatography-linked single sensillum recordingsMajid Ghaninia
SLU, Department of Plant Protection Biology, 230 53 Alnarp, Sweden
J Exp Biol 211:3020-7. 2008..In the present study, we have, for the first time, conducted gas chromatography-coupled single sensillum recordings (GC-SSR) from antennal trichoid and intermediate sensilla of female Ae...
- Identification of uncommon plant metabolites based on calculation of elemental compositions using gas chromatography and quadrupole mass spectrometryO Fiehn
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Potsdam, Germany
Anal Chem 72:3573-80. 2000..crude leaf extracts were identified on the basis of calculations of elemental compositions obtained from gas chromatography/low-resolution quadrupole mass spectrometric data...
- Matrix-induced response enhancement in pesticide residue analysis by gas chromatographyColin F Poole
Department of Chemistry, Room 183, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Chromatogr A 1158:241-50. 2007..The different approaches for correcting matrix-induced enhancement for calibration in pesticide residue analysis are discussed and compared in this review...
- Identification of character-impact odorants in coriander and wild coriander leaves using gas chromatography-olfactometry (GCO) and comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GC x GC-TOFMS)Graham Eyres
Department of Food Science, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Sep Sci 28:1061-74. 2005..The aroma profiles were characterised using gas chromatography-olfactometry (GCO) and CharmAnalysis...
- Aromatic profile of aqueous banana essence and banana fruit by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O)M J Jordan
U S Citrus and Subtropical Products Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 600 Avenue S, N W, Winter Haven, Florida 33881, USA
J Agric Food Chem 49:4813-7. 2001b>Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O) were used to determine the aromatic composition and aroma active components of commercial banana essence and fresh banana fruit paste...
- Prediction of the wine sensory properties related to grape variety from dynamic-headspace gas chromatography-olfactometry dataEva Campo
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Science Faculty, Universidad de Zaragoza, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 53:5682-90. 2005Wine extracts obtained by a dynamic headspace sampling technique were studied by quantitative gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O) to determine the aroma profiles of six young monovarietal Spanish white wines...
- Characterization of volatile compounds in chilled cod (Gadus morhua) fillets by gas chromatography and detection of quality indicators by an electronic noseGudrun Olafsdottir
Icelandic Fisheries Laboratories, Skulagata 4, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
J Agric Food Chem 53:10140-7. 2005..5 degrees C) by gas chromatography (GC)-mass spectrometry and GC-olfactometry to screen potential quality indicators present in concentrations ..
- Analysis of 4-aminobiphenyl hemoglobin adducts in smokers and nonsmokers by pseudo capillary on-column gas chromatography- tandem mass spectrometryTiffany H Seyler
Emergency Response and Air Toxicants Branch, Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Anal Toxicol 34:304-11. 2010..2-aminonaphthylene, and 3- and 4-aminobiphenyl hemoglobin adducts in human blood using capillary gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry...
- Human pharmacokinetics of a perfluorocarbon ultrasound contrast agent evaluated with gas chromatographyJ M Correas
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Necker, Paris, France
Ultrasound Med Biol 27:565-70. 2001..It was concluded that DDFP pharmacokinetics in blood fitted to an open one-compartment model with a fast elimination half-life. Recovery in expired air was almost complete 2 h after administration...
- Comparison of various detection limit estimates for volatile sulphur compounds by gas chromatography with pulsed flame photometric detectionLionel J J Catalan
Department of Chemical Engineering, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ont, Canada
J Chromatogr A 1136:89-98. 2006..regarding the definition, determination, and reporting of detection limits for volatile sulphur compounds by gas chromatography with pulsed flame photometric detection (GC-PFPD)...
- In vitro kinetics of prebiotic inulin-type fructan fermentation by butyrate-producing colon bacteria: implementation of online gas chromatography for quantitative analysis of carbon dioxide and hydrogen gas productionGwen Falony
Research Group of Industrial Microbiology and Food Biotechnology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5884-92. 2009..A gas chromatography method was set up to assess H2 and CO2 production online and to ensure complete coverage of all metabolites ..
- Method for small-molecule discovery based on microscale-preparative multidimensional gas chromatography isolation with nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyGraham T Eyres
Australian Centre for Research on Separation Science, School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, G P O Box 2476V, Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia
Anal Chem 80:6293-9. 2008..Here, a novel preparative technique based upon capillary column multidimensional gas chromatography (MDGC) with 2D NMR to resolve, isolate, and identify pure volatile components from a complex sample is ..
- Application of microscale-preparative multidimensional gas chromatography with nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for identification of pure methylnaphthalenes from crude oilsGraham T Eyres
Australian Centre for Research on Separation Science ACROSS, School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, GPO Box 2476V, Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia
J Chromatogr A 1215:168-76. 2008..Here, a novel preparative technique based upon capillary multidimensional gas chromatography to isolate pure volatile components from complex samples is described...
- Validation of a rapid measure of blood PUFA levels in humansEileen Bailey-Hall
Martek Biosciences Corporation, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
Lipids 43:181-6. 2008..31-0.41, respectively). Results indicate that the described finger stick assay represents a fast, reliable method to measure specific LC-PUFA levels...
- Use of gas chromatography-olfactometry to identify key odorant compounds in dark chocolate. Comparison of samples before and after conchingChristine Counet
Unite de Brasserie et des Industries Alimentaires, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Croix du Sud, 2 Bte7, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 50:2385-91. 2002..vacuum distillation and liquid-liquid extraction, the volatile fractions of dark chocolates were analyzed by gas chromatography-olfactometry and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- A method for the direct evaluation of the fatty acid status in a drop of blood from a fingertip in humans: applicability to nutritional and epidemiological studiesFranca Marangoni
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, 20133 Milan, Italy
Anal Biochem 326:267-72. 2004..Drops of blood collected from fingertips have been directly subjected to transmethylation for gas chromatography analysis...
- Primary structure of the ovine hypothalamic luteinizing hormone-releasing factor (LRF) (LH-hypothalamus-LRF-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry-decapeptide-Edman degradation)R Burgus
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 69:278-82. 1972..The synthetic decapeptide possesses the same biological activities as the native ovine LRF. The amino-acid sequence of ovine LRF is identical to that already published for porcine LRF...
- Headspace liquid-phase microextraction of chlorobenzenes in soil with gas chromatography-electron capture detectionGang Shen
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, 3 Science Drive 3, Republic of Singapore 117543
Anal Chem 75:98-103. 2003..Repeatabilitywas between 5.7 and 17.7%, and the limits of detection were 6-14 ng/g. HS-LPME was shown to be an inexpensive, fast, and simple sample preparation method for volatile compounds...
- Simultaneous identification and quantitation of 11 flavonoid constituents in Kaempferia parviflora by gas chromatographyK Sutthanut
Center for Research and Development of Herbal Health Products, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
J Chromatogr A 1143:227-33. 2007..This method is expected to be useful in the quantitative and qualitative analyses of the flavonoid content of KD samples and as a quality control assessment of KD raw materials and products...
- Rapid determination of short-chain fatty acids in colonic contents and faeces of humans and rats by acidified water-extraction and direct-injection gas chromatographyGuohua Zhao
Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Center for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Lund University, PO Box 124, SE 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Biomed Chromatogr 20:674-82. 2006..After validation, the methodology was applied on two faecal samples from rats fed diets containing different amount of dietary fibre and one faecal sample from human fed a normal diet to test the accuracy of the developed method...
- Development of a compact and simple gas chromatography for oral malodor measurementTakatoshi Murata
Department of Oral Health, Nippon Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Periodontol 77:1142-7. 2006..We have assessed the correlation between measurements with a GC-SCS and those with a regular GC...
- Solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography olfactometry analysis of successively diluted samples. A new approach of the aroma extract dilution analysis applied to the characterization of wine aromaMaria Pilar Martí
Departament de Quimica Analitica i Quimica Organica, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Avenida Ramón y Cajal 70, E 43005 Tarragona, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 51:7861-5. 2003The relationship between the composition and the aroma of the wine can be established by using gas chromatography with olfactometric detection (sniffing or GCO), which combines the chromatographic response with the human nose response...
- Quantitative comparison of performance of isothermal and temperature-programmed gas chromatographyL M Blumberg
Fast GC Consulting, P O Box 585, Hockessin, DE 19707, USA
J Chromatogr A 933:13-26. 2001As a basic metric of separation for comparing isothermal and temperature-programmed GC (gas chromatography), we used the separation measure. S (defined elsewhere)...
- Determination of selected polychlorinated biphenyls in water samples by ultrasound-assisted emulsification-microextraction and gas chromatography-mass-selective detectionSenar Ozcan
Selcuk University, Department of Environmental Engineering, Campus, 42031 Konya, Turkey
Anal Chim Acta 647:182-8. 2009..developed for the determination of selected polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in 10 mL of water samples by gas chromatography-mass-selective detection...
- Determination of residues of endosulfan and five pyrethroid insecticides in virgin olive oil using gas chromatography with electron-capture detectionC Lentza-Rizos
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Athens, Greece
J Chromatogr A 921:297-304. 2001..Sep-Pak alumina-N column cleanup after a liquid-liquid extraction or low-temperature precipitation step, and gas chromatography (GC) with electron-capture detection. The matrix effect was assessed for the GC systems used...
- Acoustic methods of detection in gas chromatographyChristine Mah
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Sep Sci 29:1922-30. 2006..Of the two major classifications, reports of active methods are far more prevalent. In particular, the usage of SAW techniques with GC is an area of research that has seen accelerated growth in recent years...
- The chemical characterization of the aroma of dessert and sparkling white wines (Pedro Ximénez, Fino, Sauternes, and Cava) by gas chromatography-olfactometry and chemical quantitative analysisEva Campo
Laboratory for Flavor Analysis and Enology, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 56:2477-84. 2008Wines from Pedro Ximénez (PX), Fino, botrytized Sauternes, and Cava were screened by gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O), and the most relevant aroma compounds were further quantified in six different wines of each group...
- Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography of complex samples by using a 'reversed-type' column combination: application to food analysisMohamed Adahchour
Department of Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1083, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1054:47-55. 2004The practicability and potential of a non-orthogonal approach in comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC x GC) were studied and compared to those of the orthogonal approach for two different complex matrices, and using ..
- Extending the molecular application range of gas chromatographyErwin Kaal
Polymer Analysis Group, van t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 1184:43-60. 2008b>Gas chromatography is an important analytical technique for qualitative and quantitative analysis in a wide range of application areas...
- Evaluation of exudates by solid phase microextraction-gas chromatographyJaroslav Julák
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Katerinska 32, 121 08 2 Prague, Czech Republic
J Microbiol Methods 52:115-22. 2003Head-space solid phase microextraction combined with gas chromatography (SPME-GC) was used for the determination of bacterial volatile fatty acid (VFA) patterns. The method was validated with cultures of reference bacterial strains...
- Odour fingerprint acquisition by means of comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-olfactometry and comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography/mass spectrometryAlessandro Casilli
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Messina, Viale Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1141:279-86. 2007The analysis of complex matrices, such as perfumes, by means of gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O) can be rather imprecise due to the co-elutions, leading to a possible masking of odour-active trace-level compounds by major ..
- Gas chromatography-olfactometry and chemical quantitative study of the aroma of six premium quality spanish aged red winesLaura Culleré
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Zaragoza, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 52:1653-60. 2004The aroma of six premium quality Spanish red wines has been studied by quantitative gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O) and techniques of quantitative chemical analysis...
- A double plasma gas chromatography injector and detectorOmar P Naji
Imperial College London, Department of Chemistry, London, UK
Lab Chip 4:431-7. 2004A direct-current, chip-based plasma has been used for gas sample injection in gas chromatography. A second identical plasma chip has been used as the excitation source for an optical emission detector...
- Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography: metrics, potentials, limitsL M Blumberg
Fast GC Consulting, P O Box 585, Hockessin, DE 19707, USA
J Chromatogr A 985:29-38. 2003Metrics for evaluation of separation performance of comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC) and for quantitative comparison of that performance with similar performance of its 1D (one-dimensional) counterparts are ..
- Gas chromatography-olfactometry in food flavour analysisBarbara d'Acampora Zellner
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Messina, Viale Annunziata, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1186:123-43. 2008The application of gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O) in food flavour analysis represents to be a valuable technique to characterise odour-active, as well as character impact compounds, responsible for the characterizing odour of a ..
- Multiresidue analysis of pesticides in soil by supercritical fluid extraction/gas chromatography with electron-capture detection and confirmation by gas chromatography-mass spectrometrySandra R Rissato
Departments of Chemistry and Biology, Paulista State University UNESP, P O Box 473, 17033 360 Bauru SP, Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 53:62-9. 2005..For the SFE method, C-18 cartridges were used for the cleanup. The analytical screening was performed by gas chromatography equipped with electron-capture detection (ECD)...
- Low-temperature clean-up method for the determination of pyrethroids in milk using gas chromatography with electron capture detectionSimone Machado Goulart
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Av P H Rolfs, S N, 36570 000 Viçosa MG, Brazil
Talanta 75:1320-3. 2008..Some samples presented contamination with deltamethrin at levels below the maximum contamination limits established by the FAO...
- Multidimensional gas chromatography using a double cool-strand interfaceFrederic Begnaud
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 1071:13-20. 2005Commercial interfaces for multidimensional gas chromatography (MDGC) are based either on a valve or a pneumatic switching between columns. Both exhibit significant drawbacks and only few suppliers exist...
- Determination of campesterol, stigmasterol, and beta-sitosterol in saw palmetto raw materials and dietary supplements by gas chromatography: collaborative studyWendy R Sorenson
Covance Laboratories, 3301 Kinsman Blvd, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J AOAC Int 90:670-8. 2007..Phytosterols were derivatized to trimethylsilyl ethers and then quantified by gas chromatography with hydrogen flame ionization detection...
- Fasting whole blood as a biomarker of essential fatty acid intake in epidemiologic studies: comparison with adipose tissue and plasmaAna Baylin
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Epidemiol 162:373-81. 2005..Fatty acids were identified by using capillary gas chromatography. Correlation coefficients adjusted for age, sex, and body mass index were calculated...
- A new approach to examine the relationships between sensory and gas chromatography-olfactometry data using Generalized Procrustes analysis applied to six French Chardonnay winesY Le Fur
Unité Mixte de Recherches sur les Arômes ENESAD INRA, Etablissement National d Enseignement Supérieur Agronomique de Dijon, 26 Boulevard Docteur Petitjean, B P 87999, F 21079 Dijon cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 51:443-52. 2003Six French Chardonnay wines were submitted to both sensory and combined headspace/gas chromatography-olfactometry analyses...
- Development of a matrix solid-phase dispersion method for the screening of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and polychlorinated biphenyls in biota samples using gas chromatography with electron-capture detectionA Martinez
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Facultad de Quimica, Instituto de Investigacion y Analisis Alimentario, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1072:83-91. 2005..Globally, recoveries higher than 75% and quantification limits around 0.4 ng/g have been achieved using gas chromatography with electron-capture detection (GC-ECD).
- Trace analysis of residual methyl methanesulfonate, ethyl methanesulfonate and isopropyl methanesulfonate in pharmaceuticals by capillary gas chromatography with flame ionization detectionWeiyong Li
Global Analytical Development, Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
J Chromatogr A 1046:297-301. 2004..A limit of detection of about 1 microg/g (1 ppm) and limit of quantitation of 5 microg/g (5 ppm) were achieved for the mesylate esters in drug substance samples. The method optimization and validation are also discussed in this paper...
- Retention models for programmed gas chromatographyG Castello
University of Genova, Dipartimento di Chimica e Chimica Industriale, Via Dodecaneso 31, Genova I 16146, Italy
J Chromatogr A 1216:1607-23. 2009..temperatures, peak widths, retention indices and separation numbers in programmed temperature and pressure gas chromatography by starting from preliminary measurements of the retention in isothermal and isobaric conditions are ..
- Characterizing human adipose tissue lipids by long echo time 1H-MRS in vivo at 1.5 Tesla: validation by gas chromatographyJesper Lundbom
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
NMR Biomed 23:466-72. 2010..SAT) triglyceride composition and to validate the findings with fatty acid (FA) analysis of SAT biopsies by gas chromatography (GC). (1)H-MRS spectra were acquired with a 1...
- Simultaneous determination of organophosphorus pesticides in Chinese herbal medicines by microwave-assisted extraction coupled with dispersive-solid phase extraction and gas chromatographyYi Qun Wan
Nanchang University, China
Biomed Chromatogr 24:961-8. 2010..The determination of pesticides in the final extracts was carried out by gas chromatography-flame photometric detection...
- Comparison of aroma volatiles in commercial Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon wines using gas chromatography-olfactometry and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryOzan Gurbuz
Citrus Research and Education Center, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, Florida 33850, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:3990-6. 2006..Volatiles were sampled using solid phase microextraction and analyzed using time-intensity gas chromatography-olfactometry and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)...
- Alignment of retention time obtained from multicapillary column gas chromatography used for VOC analysis with ion mobility spectrometryThorsten Perl
Department of Anaesthesiology, Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Gottingen, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 397:2385-94. 2010....
- Facile hyphenation of gas chromatography and a microcantilever array sensor for enhanced selectivityPeter J Chapman
Department of Chemistry, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 1600, USA
Anal Chem 79:364-70. 2007....
- Determination of retention indices in constant inlet pressure mode and conversion among different column temperature conditions in comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatographyShukui Zhu
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
J Chromatogr A 1150:28-36. 2007..and retention indices in constant inlet pressure mode was developed in comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography. At the same time, the conversion of GC x GC retention indices among different column temperature conditions ..
- The combination of gas chromatography-olfactometry and multidimensional gas chromatography for the characterisation of essential oilsGraham Eyres
Department of Food Science, University of Otago, P O Box 56, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
J Chromatogr A 1150:70-7. 2007..is presented for the identification of character-impact odorants in essential oil samples using (a) gas chromatography-olfactometry (GC-O); (b) comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC x GC) combined to time-of-..
- Detector technologies for comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatographyCarin Von Mühlen
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Instituto de Quimica, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
J Sep Sci 29:1909-21. 2006..These factors are discussed here as a means to appreciate the technical demands of detection in GC x GC. The MS detector will not be included in this review...
- Characterization of five typical agave plants used to produce mezcal through their simple lipid composition analysis by gas chromatographyJuan Fco Martínez-Aguilar
Laboratorio 101, Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 57:1933-9. 2009..profiles of the mature heads of each plant were determined by means of a modified Bligh-Dyer extraction and gas chromatography. Sixteen fatty acids were identified, from capric to lignoceric, ranging from 0.40 to 459 microg/g of agave...
- Development of a novel odor measurement system using gas chromatography with surface acoustic wave sensorEdward J Staples
Q and A Solutions, Westlake Village, CA, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 58:1522-8. 2008..system for creating arrays of virtual chemical sensors with nonoverlapping responses using ultrahigh-speed gas chromatography with a surface acoustic wave sensor (GC/SAW)...
- Sensitive determination of 2,4,6-trichloroanisole in water samples by ultrasound assisted emulsification microextraction prior to gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysisAriel R Fontana
Grupo de Investigacion y Desarrollo en Quimica Analitica QUIANID LISAMEN, CCT CONICET Mendoza, Av Ruiz Leal s n, Parque General San Martín, Mendoza, Argentina
Talanta 81:1536-41. 2010..and preconcentration of 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (2,4,6-TCA) from water samples prior to its determination by gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (GC-MS/MS)...
- Prediction of sensory properties of Brazilian Arabica roasted coffees by headspace solid phase microextraction-gas chromatography and partial least squaresJ S Ribeiro
Theoretical and Applied Chemometrics Laboratory, Chemistry Institute, University of Campinas, P O Box 6154, 13083 970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Anal Chim Acta 634:172-9. 2009....
- Determination of campesterol, stigmasterol, and beta-sitosterol in saw palmetto raw materials and dietary supplements by gas chromatography: single-laboratory validationWendy R Sorenson
Covance Laboratories, 3301 Kinsman Blvd, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J AOAC Int 89:22-34. 2006..Phytosterols were derivatized to trimethylsilyl ethers and then quantified by gas chromatography with a hydrogen flame ionization detector...
- Effects of the sniffing port air makeup in gas chromatography-olfactometryK Hanaoka
Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Industries Agricoles et Alimentaires, Département Science de l Aliment, Massy, France
J Agric Food Chem 48:2368-71. 2000A time-intensity gas chromatography-olfactometry (GCO) apparatus was developed to study some aerodynamic parameters that may influence odor detection and intensity measurements by the subjects...
- Simultaneous quantification of glyphosate, glufosinate, and their major metabolites in rice and soybean sprouts by gas chromatography with pulsed flame photometric detectorSu Hsiang Tseng
Department of Health, Executive Yuan, Taipei 115 51, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 52:4057-63. 2004..acid (AMPA) and 3-(methylphosphinico)propionic acid (3-MPPA), in rice and soybean sprouts by gas chromatography (GC) equipped with a pulsed flame photometric detector (PFPD)...
- Interlaboratory comparison for the determination of five residual organochlorine pesticides in ginseng root samples by gas chromatographyMei Fung Kong
Analytical and Advisory Services Division, Government Laboratory of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region HKSAR, Homantin Government Offices, Hong Kong
J AOAC Int 90:1133-41. 2007..It was recommended that laboratories review and rectify the situation promptly so that they would have a better understanding of measurement uncertainty or the test service provided...
- Gas chromatography-olfactometryConor M Delahunty
Department of Food Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Sep Sci 29:2107-25. 2006..Considerable emphasis is placed on the requirement for multidimensional GC analysis, and on best practice when using human assessors...
- Applicability of solid-phase microextraction combined with gas chromatography atomic emission detection (GC-MIP AED) for the determination of butyltin compounds in sediment samplesJ Carpinteiro
Departamento de Quimica Analitica, Nutricion y Bromatologia, Instituto de Investigacion y Analisis Alimentario, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela 15782, Spain
Anal Bioanal Chem 380:853-7. 2004..An aliquot of the centrifuged extract was placed on a vial where compounds were ethylated and concentrated on a PDMS fiber using the headspace mode. Determinations were carried out using GC-MIP AED...
- Sequential ethoxycarbonylation, methoximation and tert-butyldimethylsilylation for simultaneous determination of amino acids and carboxylic acids by dual-column gas chromatographyMan Jeong Paik
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Kyunggi Do 440 746, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 1034:13-23. 2004..acidification and solid-phase extraction, tert-butyldimethylsilylation was performed for direct analysis by gas chromatography (GC) on dual-columns with different polarities, which provided simultaneous separation of multiple amino ..
- Retention indexes for temperature-programmed gas chromatography of polychlorinated biphenylsShaogang Chu
Department of Environmental Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York 12201 0509, USA
Anal Chem 76:5486-97. 2004..on two commonly used columns (DB-XLB and DB-5), as well as on a supplementary column of DB-17 in capillary gas chromatography, were determined using this system...
- Validation of a quantitative assay of arbutin using gas chromatography in Origanum majorana and Arctostaphylos uva-ursi extractsAline Lamien-Meda
Institute for Applied Botany and Pharmacognosy, Department of Farm Animal and Public Health in Veterinary Medicine, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Phytochem Anal 20:416-20. 2009..Arbutin is a skin-whitening agent that occurs naturally in the bark and leaves of various plants. It is commonly quantified in plant extracts and skin-whitening products by HPLC...
- Analysis of hydroxylated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in urine using comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography with a flame ionization detectorLeiliane Coelho André Amorim
Chemistry Department, ICEx, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Belo Horizonte 31270 901, MG, Brazil
J Chromatogr A 1216:2900-4. 2009..The objective of this study was the development of a comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GCxGC) method using a flame ionisation detector (FID) to simultaneously determine 10 hydroxylated PAH...
- Determination of acrylamide in Chinese traditional carbohydrate-rich foods using gas chromatography with micro-electron capture detector and isotope dilution liquid chromatography combined with electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryYu Zhang
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, Zhejiang Province, PR China
Anal Chim Acta 584:322-32. 2007..One is based on derivatization with potassium bromate and potassium bromide without clean-up prior to gas chromatography with micro-electron capture detector (GC-MECD)...
- Novel method for identification and quantification of methanol and ethanol in alcoholic beverages by gas chromatography-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and horizontal attenuated total reflectance-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopyKakali Sharma
Vivekananda Mahavidyalaya, Haripal, Hooghly, Department of Chemistry, West Bengal, India
J AOAC Int 92:518-26. 2009..Other advanced techniques involve head space gas chromatography (GC), GC-flame ionization detection, high-performance liquid chromatography, enzymatic reactions, and ..
- Gas chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry analysis of alkylresorcinols in red blood cellsKornél Nagy
BioAnalytical Science Department, Nestle Research Centre, Nestec Ltd, Lausanne, Switzerland
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:4098-104. 2008..However, their high-throughput quantitative analysis by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is hindered by the time-consuming sample preparation and, more importantly, by ..
- Predicting the aerosol performance of dry powder inhalation formulations by interparticulate interaction analysis using inverse gas chromatographyHenry H Y Tong
School of Health Sciences, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, China
J Pharm Sci 95:228-33. 2006Previous studies have demonstrated the utility of inverse gas chromatography (IGC) in discriminating the differences in surface energy between salmeterol xinafoate (SX) powders prepared by conventional sequential batch crystallization and ..
- Determination of widely used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in water samples by in situ derivatization, continuous hollow fiber liquid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-flame ionization detectorZ Es'haghi
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Payame Noor University, Iran zarrin
Anal Chim Acta 641:83-8. 2009..The limits of detection were 1-2 ng L(-1). Repeatability of this method on an intra-day scale was 3.4-10.2% (RSD%). NSAIDs have been detected in several municipal wastewater samples, and the concentration range was 9.0-19.0 ng L(-1)...
- Organohalogen and organophosphorous pesticide method for ginseng root--a comparison of gas chromatography-single quadrupole mass spectrometry with high resolution time-of-flight mass spectrometryDouglas G Hayward
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Regulatory Science, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, HFS 706, College Park, Maryland 20740 5350, USA
Anal Chem 81:5716-23. 2009..Each purified pesticide extract was determined by both gas chromatography single quadrupole mass spectrometry using selected ion monitoring (GC-qMS-SIM) and by gas chromatography ..
- Miniaturized membrane-assisted solvent extraction combined with gas chromatography/electron-capture detection applied to the analysis of volatile organic compoundsManuela Schellin
Department of Analytical Chemistry, UFZ Centre for Environmental Research, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
J Chromatogr A 1103:211-8. 2006..The method can be fully automated and moreover, it allows the simultaneous determination of volatile and semi volatile compounds...
- Identification of biologically active triterpenes and sterols present in hexane extracts from Miconia species using high-resolution gas chromatographyEduardo J Crevelin
Universidade de Franca, Av Dr Armando Salles de Oliveira, 201 Parque Universitário, CEP 14404 600, Franca, SP, Brazil
Biomed Chromatogr 20:827-30. 2006..biologically active triterpenes and sterols present in the hexane extracts of six species of Miconia using gas chromatography. The main compounds present in these extracts are beta-amyrin, alpha-amyrin, and beta-sitosterol...
- Comparative visualization for comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatographyBenjamin V Hollingsworth
GC Image LLC, P O Box 57403, Lincoln NE 68505 7403, USA
J Chromatogr A 1105:51-8. 2006This paper investigates methods for comparing datasets produced by comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC x GC)...
- Determination of carbamate, phenylurea and phenoxy acid herbicide residues by gas chromatography after potassium tert-butoxide/dimethyl sulphoxide/ethyl iodide derivatization reactionE Crespo-Corral
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, Complutense University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1209:22-8. 2008..as eluent on-line with this reaction was developed to determine these herbicides in water samples by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Simultaneous liquid-liquid microextraction/methylation for the determination of haloacetic acids in drinking waters by headspace gas chromatographyM J Cardador
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Campus of Rabanales, University of Cordoba, E 14071 Cordoba, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1209:61-9. 2008A novel analytical method that combines simultaneous liquid-liquid microextraction/methylation and headspace gas chromatography-mass spectrometry for the determination of nine haloacetic acids (HAAs) in water was reported...
- Determination of monomethylmercury in low- and high-polluted sediments by microwave extraction and gas chromatography with atomic fluorescence detectionJ J Berzas Nevado
Regional Institute for Applied Scientific Research, University of Castilla La Mancha, E 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Anal Chim Acta 608:30-7. 2008..Both steps can be combined if necessary. MMHg content has been found in good agreement with the certified value for the reference materials (IAEA-405 and ERM-CC580)...
- Reliable enzyme immunoassay detection for chlorothalonil: fundamental evaluation for residue analysis and validation with gas chromatographyEiki Watanabe
National Institute for Agro Environmental Sciences, 3 1 3 Kannondai, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, Japan
J Chromatogr A 1129:273-82. 2006..Nevertheless, the results demonstrated that the proposed ELISA is a reliable, cost-effective, and rapid quantitative method for chlorothalonil residue...
- Determination of D- and L-amino acids produced by cyanobacteria using gas chromatography on Chirasil-Val after derivatization with pentafluoropropyl chloroformateHelena Zahradnícková
Biology Centre, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Branisovska 31, 370 05, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:1815-22. 2007..Based on the obtained results it can be assumed that young populations excrete AAs in higher concentrations and a different composition compared to actively growing populations...
- Determination of enantiomers of synthetic pyrethroids in water by solid phase microextraction - enantioselective gas chromatographyWeiping Liu
Department of Environmental Sciences, University of California, Riverside, California 92521, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:736-41. 2004..enantiomers of (Z)-cis-bifenthrin and cis-permethrin in water using coupled SPME and enantioselective gas chromatography (GC)...
- Assay validation for three antidepressants in pharmaceutical formulations: practical approach using capillary gas chromatographyJ J Berzas Nevado
Department of Analytical Chemistry and Food Technology, University of Castilla La Mancha, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
J Pharm Biomed Anal 38:52-9. 2005..The results presented in this report show the applied gas chromatographic method is acceptable for the determination of the three antidepressants in the pharmaceutical formulations above mentioned...
- Pesticide multiresidue analysis in Panax ginseng (C. A. Meyer) by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography with electron capture and nitrogen-phosphorus detectionYoung Seok Park
Natural Products Chemistry Laboratory, Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, Chonnam National University, 300 Yong Bong Dong, Buk Ku, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Biomed Chromatogr 21:29-39. 2007An analytical multi-residue method using gas chromatography coupled with electron capture and a nitrogen-phosphorus detector was investigated for the simultaneous determination of 18 commonly used insecticides and fungicides in Korean ..
- Determination of volatile organic compounds in biological samples using headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography: toluene and styreneRadhika Barua
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Anal Toxicol 32:379-86. 2008..of low concentrations of styrene and toluene in very small volumes of biological samples using HS-SPME and gas chromatography (GC) equipped with a flame-ionization detector...
- Comprehensive investigation and optimisation of the main experimental variables in stir-bar sorptive extraction (SBSE)-thermal desorption-capillary gas chromatography (TD-CGC)Kevin MacNamara
Central Laboratory, Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, Midleton Distillery, Midleton, Co Cork, Ireland
Anal Chim Acta 636:190-7. 2009..The relative importance of contributing variables was clearly established and an optimum set of conditions was established for more uniform enrichment in a single analysis for a test mix of compounds with wide ranging polarities...
- Simultaneous quantification of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, 11-hydroxy-Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, and 11-nor-Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid in human plasma using two-dimensional gas chromatography, cryofocusing, and electron impact-mass sRoss H Lowe
Chemistry and Drug Metabolism Section, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
J Chromatogr A 1163:318-27. 2007A two-dimensional (2D) gas chromatography/electron impact-mass spectrometry (GC/EI-MS) method for simultaneous quantification of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), 11-hydroxy-Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (11-OH-THC), and 11-nor-Delta(9)..
- An improved method for determining medium- and long-chain FAMEs using gas chromatographyZhidong Xu
Methodist Research Institute, Clarian Health, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Lipids 45:199-208. 2010..we determined the fatty acid composition of lipid emulsions (Omegaven and Lipidem) on a Shimadzu GC2010 gas chromatography (GC) system using a capillary GC column (Zebron ZB-WAX plus, 30 m, 0.25 mm ID, 0.25 microm)...
- Analysis of aqueous pyrethroid residuals by one-step microwave-assisted headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography with electron capture detectionHong Ping Li
Residue Control Division, Taiwan Agricultural Chemicals and Toxic Substances Research Institute, Council of Agriculture, Wu Fong, Taichung County 413, Taiwan
Talanta 79:466-71. 2009..MA-HS-SPME) has been applied to be a pretreatment step in the analysis of aqueous pyrethroid residuals by gas chromatography (GC) with electron capture detection (ECD)...
- Aroma compound analysis of Piper nigrum and Piper guineense essential oils from Cameroon using solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography, solid-phase microextraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and olfactometryLeopold Jirovetz
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of Vienna, Althanstrasse 14, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Chromatogr A 976:265-75. 2002..Further aroma impressions can be attributed to mono- and sesquiterpenes, hexane, octane and nonane derivatives...
- Methods for selective determination of persistent organochlorine pesticide residues in water and sediments by capillary gas chromatography and electron-capture detectionO S Fatoki
Department of Chemistry, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
J Chromatogr A 983:225-36. 2003..6 (aldrin and 2,4-DDD) to 184 +/- 0.12 ng/g (beta-BHC) in sediments for triplicate analyses. Some endocrine disrupting OCPs such as DDT, DDE, heptachlor, endosulphan and the chlordanes were detected...
- Improved gas chromatography methods for micro-volume analysis of haloacetic acids in water and biological matricesFengwu Wu
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Analyst 127:1318-23. 2002A fast headspace solid-phase microextraction gas chromatography method for micro-volume (0.1 mL) samples was optimized for the analysis of haloacetic acids (HAAs) in aqueous and biological samples...
- Comparison of chemical-activated luciferase gene expression bioassay and gas chromatography for PCB determination in human serum and follicular fluidA Pauwels
Toxicological Center Pharmaceutical Sciences, Antwerp University, Wilrijk, Belgium
Environ Health Perspect 108:553-7. 2000..Major polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) congeners were quantified by chemical analysis using gas chromatography with electron-capture detection, and the chemical-activated luciferase gene expression (CALUX) bioassay was ..
- Determination of compound-specific Hg isotope ratios from transient signals using gas chromatography coupled to multicollector inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (MC-ICP/MS)Mark Dzurko
Trent University, 1600 West Bank Drive, Peterborough, ON, K9J 7B8, Canada
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:345-55. 2009..Compound-specific isotope ratio measurements were performed by gas chromatography interfaced to MC-ICP/MS...
- High-speed gas chromatography in doping control: fast-GC and fast-GC/MS determination of beta-adrenoceptor ligands and diureticsClaudio Brunelli
Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita di Torino, Italy
J Sep Sci 29:2765-71. 2006..For this work a quadrupole MS with inert ion source has been used, demonstrating that the quadrupole technology is perfectly adequate to provide precise integration of 400 ms-wide GC peaks...
- Analysis of free and conjugated phytosterols in tobacco by an improved method using gas chromatography-flame ionization detectionWen Hui Liu
Research Center of Tobacco and Health, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230052, China
J Chromatogr A 1163:304-11. 2007An improved and simple method using capillary gas chromatography coupled with a flame ionization detection system (GC-FID) has been developed for quantitative analysis of free and conjugated phytosterols in tobacco...
- Comparison of signal-to-noise, blank determination, and linear regression methods for the estimation of detection and quantification limits for volatile organic compounds by gas chromatographyM Marsin Sanagi
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, 81310 UTM Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
J AOAC Int 92:1833-8. 2009..It is, therefore, essential to have a clearly described procedure for estimating the LOD and LOQ during method validation to allow interlaboratory comparisons...
- A simple automated system for measuring soil respiration by gas chromatographyClaudio Mondini
CRA RPS Centro di Ricerca per lo Studio delle Relazioni tra Pianta e Suolo, Gruppo di Ricerca di Gorizia, Via Trieste 23, Gorizia, Italy
Talanta 81:849-55. 2010..The automatic and frequent measurements provided by the system make possible an accurate description of the dynamics of gas evolution from soil samples under laboratory conditions...
- ["Ghost peak" in gas chromatography in a delirious woman with severe metabolic acidosis. Intoxication with an unknown substance?]D Franzen
Medizinische Klinik, Spital Zollikerberg, Zollikerberg, Zurich, Schweiz
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:2770-3. 2006..A 31-year-old female with known type 1 diabetes mellitus was referred because of symptomatic hyperglycemia. On admission she was delirious and impressed with marked Kussmaul breathing. All other vital signs were normal...
- Rapid analysis of food products by means of high speed gas chromatographyPaola Donato
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico, Facolta di Farmacia, Universita di Messina, Viale Annunziata, Messina, Italy
J Sep Sci 30:508-26. 2007..The present review provides an overview of the employment of fast GC techniques for the analysis of food constituents and contaminants. A brief historical and theoretical background is also provided for the approaches described...
- Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography with time-of-flight mass spectrometry combined with solid phase microextraction as a powerful tool for quantification of ethyl carbamate in fortified wines. The case study of Madeira wineRosa Perestrelo
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade de Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1217:3441-5. 2010..based on headspace solid phase microextraction (HS-SPME) combined with comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GC x GC-ToFMS) was developed for the identification and quantification of ..
- Phthalate Exposure and Pregnancy OutcomeT Peter Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010..of phthalate metabolites in urine and plasma early and late in pregnancy will be measured by isotope ratio gas chromatography mass spectrometry with selective ion monitoring...
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN MAG AKAT ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2012..by measuring plasma levels of xanthine oxidase (XO), xanthine dehydrogenase (XDH), and allantoin using gas chromatography and mass spectroscopy...
- Maternal Obesity and Gestational Diabetes: Impact on MetabolomeWilliam L Lowe; Fiscal Year: 2013..mass spectrometry- based platform to measure amino acids, acylcarnitines, and conventional metabolites and a gas chromatography:mass spectrometry-based non-targeted platform to analyze a wide variety of metabolites to define the ..
- Tea Polyphenols in Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2011..liquid chromatography with coularray electrochemical detection as well as mass spectrorrietry (MS) and gas chromatography/ MS to determine the concentrations of polyphenols, theaflavins and six different endogenous and colonic ..
- Roles of pulmonary and hepatic P4501A enzymes in hyperoxic lung injury in miceBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Levels of F2 isoprostanes and isofurans will be measured in lung and liver by gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry (GC-MS). (4)...
- Continuation of FERN Activities at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment StatioLAURIE J PETERSON-WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..depending on Forensic Chemistry Center (FCC) and FERN National Program Office (NPO) input: (1) The use of Gas Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) for the analysis of unknown compounds in foods...
- REGULATION OF 15N UREA ISOTOPOMERS PRODUCTIONItzhak Nissim; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use 15N and/or 13C labeled precursors and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), MALDI-TOF-mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and molecular ..
- Epidemiological Research on Autism in Jamaica - Phase IIMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Serum samples will be analyzed for 92 of the 209 PCBs congeners and 18 OC pesticides using capillary column gas chromatography by a CDC-certified lab at the Division of Chemistry and Toxicology at Michigan Department of Community ..
- Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy and Myocardial Dysfunction in Type 1 DiabetesRODICA BUSUI POP-BUSUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will help elucidate mechanisms of myocardial dysfunction in T1DM with ultimate goal of designing future studies implementing therapeutic strategies aimed at preventing increased cardiovascular risk in patients with T1DM. ..
- REGULATION OF 15N UREA ISOTOPOMERS PRODUCTIONItzhak Nissim; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use 15N and/or 13C labeled precursors and state-of-the-art methodologies, including gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), MALDI-TOF-mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and techniques of ..
- Impact of Estrogens and Menopause on Interacting Monoamine Neurotransmitters in tJeffrey K Yao; Fiscal Year: 2013..chromatography coupled with a 16-channel Coulometric Multi-Electrode Array System (HPLC-CMEAS) and capillary gas chromatography with a flame-ionization detector (GC-FID)...
- GLUCOSE/SECRETAGOGUE METABOLISM IN PANCREATIC ISLETSMICHAEL JOHN MACDONALD; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lipids in cells and subcellular fractions are measured with gas chromatography. Mass spectrometry is used to measure short chain acyl-CoAs and to identify small molecules and lipids that ..
- Olfactory and behavioral responses of kissing bugs (Reduviidae: Triatominae), vecJohn G Hildebrand; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use gas chromatography (GC) coupled to electrophysiological recording from olfactory receptor cells (ORCs) to characterize the ..
- Regulation of Muscle ATP Synthase Beta Subunit Metabolism in ObesityChristos S Katsanos; Fiscal Year: 2013..Because measurement of stable isotopic enrichment of individual proteins is not practical using traditional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry approaches for proteins that are found in small amounts in skeletal muscle, we have ..
- GABA-active neurosteroids in contextual fear responsesGraziano Pinna; Fiscal Year: 2011..Allo content will be quantified in discrete corticolimbic areas using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), which allows measurement of femtomolar amounts of neurosteroids in laser ..
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Newborn Cerebral CirculationCharles W Leffler; Fiscal Year: 2013..activity, we propose a novel analytical method of H2S detection, identification, and quantification by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Gastrointestinal Smooth Muscle in Health &DiseaseJoseph H Szurszewski; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our methods will include immunohistochemistry, confocal microscopy and 3D volume reconstruction methodology, gas chromatography to measure H2S production, microelectrode recordings from smooth muscle cells, myenteric and prevertebral ..
- A Miniaturized GC with MEMS-Enabled Selective Preconcentration for Monitoring ExpMasoud Agah; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This research proposal is aimed at developing a miniaturized gas chromatography system with selective adsorption capability to identify air hazardous pollutants (HAPs) found in transportation-related ..
- A Genetic Study of Blood Metabolites and Their Relationship To Diabetes Risk.HARALD HEINZ HERBERT GORING; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose here to use two-dimensional gas chromatography and time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC-TOFMS) to generate metabolomic profiles of blood plasma...
- SOLID STATE RADIATION CHEMISTRY OF DNAJeffrey J Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2012..Stable end products will be quantified by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS), and liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS)...
- Early Insulin Therapy and Development of ARDSMichelle Ng Gong; Fiscal Year: 2011..tumor necrosis factor-a, interleukin-6 and Von Willebrand Factor antigen will be determined by liquid and gas chromatography and by ELISA...
- Intralumental Effect on Cholesterol Absorption/SynthesisJames Heubi; Fiscal Year: 2009..will include state-of-the art techniques utilizing stable isotopes and isotope ratio mass spectrometry, gas chromatography. Translational studies in animals will be used including novel techniques to measure fat absorption as well ..
- Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Lipoarabinomannan In VivoLibin Shi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, our structural studies will rely heavily on use of more sensitive tests such as Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS), enzyme digestion, and mapping of the oligosaccharides with Electrospray ..
- Metabolic and Endocrine Effects of Bariatric SurgeryJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2013..intermediates before and after VLCD, LAGB, RYGB, and SG in subjects with and without DM using liquid and gas chromatography and mass spectrometry in collaboration with Dr. Burant and the U of Michigan Metabolomics Core...
- Fetal Exposure to Environmental Toxicants and Child OutcomeENRIQUE MAPUA OSTREA; Fiscal Year: 2012..study cohort, as well as house dust from their homes, will be collected and analyzed for pesticides by gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry to detect ongoing exposure...
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMReshan Fernando; Fiscal Year: 2010..were procured and comprehensively characterized using ultra high performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), gas chromatography, elemental analysis, and infrared spectroscopy...
- CONTROL OF NEONATAL CIRCULATIONCharles W Leffler; Fiscal Year: 2013..CO production in vivo and in vitro is identified and quantified by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Thermo Vantage triple quadrupole with FAIMS and Accela UPLCKYM FRANCIS FAULL; Fiscal Year: 2010..UPLC brings liquid chromatographic resolution close to that attainable with capillary gas chromatography, and is an important development for high sensitivity work, high throughput work, and for work with complex ..
- Endocannabinoid signaling and agingMATTHEW SIMON GILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) I have identified multiple endocannabinoid (EC) molecules in C...
- PHYSIOLOGY OF FLUOROCARBON OXYGEN TRANSPORTLELAND CLARK; Fiscal Year: 1992..will be measured by specific gravity, ultracentrifugation, centrifugation, combustion, and electron capture gas chromatography. Organ fluorocarbon content will be measured by combustion and by gas chromatography...
- Neuroactive Steroids and Allostasis Induced by Ethanol/StressA Leslie Morrow; Fiscal Year: 2013..neuronal and extracellular neuroactive steroid levels will be examined by immunohistochemistry as well as gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy (GC-MS) analysis of microdialysates and/or tissue specimens, allowing investigation of ..
- Uncovering CD36-mediated oxidative and inflammatory pathways in progressive renalDARYL MIYOSHI OKAMURA; Fiscal Year: 2010..K08 and will focus on: (1) defining the major oxidant pathways modulated by CD36 during chronic injury using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry, as well as elucidating the inflammatory pathways activated by CD36;(2) ..
- Identification of bacteria-associated cues that regulate hatching of Aedes aegyptLoganathan Ponnusamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..coupled with chemical analytical techniques, including high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography, and mass spectrometry...
- Defining the Impact of Lipid Synthesis and Turnover on Aging in C. elegansCARISSA OLSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..methods to assay the turnover and synthesis of the acyl chains and phospholipid head groups in membranes via gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) and liquid chromatography/mass spectometry (LC/MS), respectively...
- Myxococcus xanthus signaling and cell fateLAWRENCE JOSEPH SHIMKETS; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be purified using bioassays involving mutants that are unable to produce the signals, identified by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, then synthesized to prove that the synthetic structure has the activity...
- NEUROSTEROID MODULATION OF ETHANOL WITHDRAWAL SEVERITYDavid J Rossi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, preliminary experiments with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) simultaneously quantified hippocampal neurosteroid levels and determined that ..
- Propofol in Exhaled Breath: Real-time Detection by Surface Acoustic Wave SensorsDONN MICHAEL DENNIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Unfortunately, the current research tools (e.g., proton transfer reaction-mass spectroscopy [PTR-MS], gas chromatography- mass spectroscopy [GC-MS]) used to measure propofol in breath consists of sensitive, large, very expensive ..
- Rapid Real-Time High-Sensitivity Trichloroethylene Vapor AnalyzerBRUCE ARAM RICHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) and diffusion time-of-flight (DiTOF) incorporating stationary phases (as in gas chromatography). CRDS provides extremely sensitive detection while diffusion with stationary phase provides specificity...
- Food Safety and Security Monitoring Project (U18), FERNAbul Anisuzzaman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Laboratories in the following instrumental areas of testing: (1) Analysis of food or food products by (a) Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) and (b) Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS);to screen and ..
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Ethnicity and Hepatic MetabolismJeffrey D Browning; Fiscal Year: 2010..hepatic metabolism by using stable isotope techniques in combination with nuclear magnetic resonance and gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy and will test the hypothesis that primary NAFLD is the result of multiple metabolic ..
- Saliva Analyzer for Diagnosing SRD Patient Drug UseStuart Farquharson; Fiscal Year: 2012..a sample is screened with immunoassay test kits, and if a drug is present, it is confirmed and quantified by gas chromatography - mass spectrometry (GC-MS)...
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..Technological advances in gas chromatography and fatty acid peak identification software now make it possible to study specific fatty acids in large ..
- PHARMACOKINETICS AND PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL AFTER BARIATRIC SURGERYMarta Yanina Pepino; Fiscal Year: 2013..Blood alcohol concentrations (BAC) will be determined by the gold standard technique of headspace gas chromatography and these concentrations will be compared with the BAC estimated from breath samples...
- PLASMA PROTEINS: MARKERS OF CHEMICAL EXPOSUREGHULAM ANSARI; Fiscal Year: 1991..of chemically modified amino acids in blood proteins such as al-proteinase inhibitor and hemoglobin using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- Protective Glycopeptide Immunodeterminants of Ehrlichia chaffeensisJere W McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..chaffeensis infection. The gp47 glycan composition, linkage, and attachment site(s) will be determined by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry...
- Optimized Metabolite Extraction, Separation, and Identification for MetabolomicsAndrew Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2013..for other tissues and biofluids as well as platforms including nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry...
- Achieving a Nationally Integrated Food Safety System: ISO/IEC 17025 AccreditatiJason C White; Fiscal Year: 2013..All sample extracts will be analyzed simultaneously by gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection (GC/MS/MS) and by liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection (..
- Elucidating the mechanism of particulate methane monooxygenaseMegen A Culpepper; Fiscal Year: 2013..Once the O2 binding has been characterized, enzyme kinetics using gas chromatography and stopped-flow spectroscopy will be determined...
- A Compact and Low Cost High-Precision Carbon Isotope Ratio Monitoring Tool for RoNabil Saad; Fiscal Year: 2009..develop a fast, simple, and inexpensive replacement for IRMS while meeting or exceeding the performance of Gas Chromatography-Combustion-IRMS (GC-C-IRMS) by coupling a low-cost isotopic CRDS analyzer to a compact Gas Chromatography- ..
- New Hampshire Food Safety and Security Monitoring Project - ChemistryCHRISTINE LOUISE BEAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..support, we have enhanced our contaminated product- tampering response to include semi-volatile poisons by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC-MS), non-volatile poisons by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry ..
- A Breath-based Naltrexone Adherence Tool to Manage Narcotic-addicted HIV patientsDONN MICHAEL DENNIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., 2-butanone) exhaled in breath, 2) a miniature gas chromatography-metal oxide sensor (mGC-MOS) has been created to measure ketones in human breath, 3) multiple taggants can ..
- Mass Spectrometry-Based Biomarker DiscoveryVictor J Thannickal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using highly sensitive and specific gas chromatography MS we have recently characterized and validated specific markers of oxidative stress in human plasma...
- Mass Spectrometry platform for Oxidative Biomarker Discovery in Type 1 DiabetesSubramaniam Pennathur; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using highly sensitive and specific gas chromatography MS we have recently characterized and validated specific markers of oxidative stress in plasma of humans ..
- Neural mechanisms of olfactory reward value processing in the human brainJames D Howard; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the first experiment (Aim1), we will use a combination of gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) equipment, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and olfactory ..
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ETP FOR AIDS THERAPEUTICSReshan Fernando; Fiscal Year: 2009..UPLC, gas chromatography, elemental analysis were used to assess the purity of zivudine, lamavudine, nevirapine, and nelfinavir and ..
- Clinical Validation of a Biofilm Signature for Early Caries Activity AssessmentANDREA GONCALVES FERREIRA ZANDONA; Fiscal Year: 2012..of 5-19 to determine: (1) if there are marked differences between dental biofilm metabolic activities using gas chromatography - mass spectrometry (GC-MS) on a site-specific analysis that may categorize C-F surfaces compared to ..
- FDA FERN Chemistry Cooperative Agreement 2010STEVEN SOBEK; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, these goals will be met within the context of four key project areas: 1. The use of Gas Chromatography\Mass Spectrometry (GC\MS) analysis. 2. The use of Liquid Chromatography\Mass Spectrometry (LC\MS) analysis...
- Agilent 6550 QTOF system for U of UtahJAMES ERIC COX; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are pursuing a number of medically related metabolomics projects currently, from basic research in understanding the causes of disease to actual patient studies. ..
- A pocket-sized device for personal exposure level assessmentErica Forzani; Fiscal Year: 2013..to a lab for detailed analysis using sophisticated but expensive and difficult-to-operate equipment, such as gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry...
- Mass Informatics of Two Dimensinoal Gas Chromatography Time-of-flight Mass SpectrXiang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012..A particularly important platform for metabolomics is two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of- flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC/TOF-MS) that provides both high precision and extended capacity for ..
- MASS SPECTROMETER SYSTEM AND ACCESSORIESALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990This proposal is for the purchase of a gas chromatography/mass spectrometry/data system that is capable of operating in both chemical ionization, negative ion mode (GC/NICI-MS) and electron impact ionization, positive ion mode...
- TERPENE CYCLASES: FUNCTIONAL DOMAINS AND STRUCTURESJOSEPH NOEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..state kinetic analysis, product profiling by argentation thin-layer chromatography (arg-TLC) and radiometric gas chromatography (r-GC), product identification by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC-MS), and x-ray crystallography to ..
- CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKERS--KINETICS, ACTION & METABOLISMSTEPHEN BAI; Fiscal Year: 1992..Nifedipine plasma levels will be measured by electron capture-gas chromatography. The optical isomers of propranolol, its active metabolite 4-hydroxypropranolol, verapamil and its active ..
- OXIDATIVE STRESS IN SEIZURE INDUCED NEURONAL INJURYWOLF DIETRICH DETTBARN; Fiscal Year: 1999..These compounds were increased in DFP-induced muscle injury. We can detect F2-isoprostanes by gas chromatography/negative-ion chemical ionization...
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the[unreadable] neuromodulator B-phenylethylamine (MAO B substrate) will be determined by[unreadable] Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS). These levels will be[unreadable] correlated with MAO A and B catalytic activity...
- CONTROL OF ENDOCANNABINOID RELEASE IN VIVODaniele Piomelli; Fiscal Year: 2003..We propose to use microdialysis and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry techniques to test the hypothesis that endogenous cannabinoid substances are released in ..