Genomes and Genes
Summary: Techniques used to separate mixtures of substances based on differences in the relative affinities of the substances for mobile and stationary phases. A mobile phase (fluid or gas) passes through a column containing a stationary phase of porous solid or liquid coated on a solid support. Usage is both analytical for small amounts and preparative for bulk amounts.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- Shrimp Taura syndrome virus detection by reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification combined with a lateral flow dipstickWansika Kiatpathomchai
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology BIOTEC, National Science and Technology Development Agency, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
J Virol Methods 153:214-7. 2008..In addition to reduced assay time when compared to electrophoresis, combination of RT-LAMP with LFD confirms amplicon identity by hybridization and eliminates the need to handle carcinogenic ethidium bromide...
- Membrane-based techniques for the separation and purification of proteins: an overviewArunima Saxena
Electro Membrane Processes Division, Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar 364002 Gujarat, India
Adv Colloid Interface Sci 145:1-22. 2009..upstream and downstream technology, such as microfiltration, ultrafiltration, emerging processes as membrane chromatography, high performance tangential flow filtration and electrophoretic membrane contactor...
- A multidimensional chromatography technology for in-depth phosphoproteome analysisClaudio P Albuquerque
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1389-96. 2008..Here we developed a multidimensional chromatography technology, combining IMAC, hydrophilic interaction chromatography, and reverse phase LC, for phosphopeptide ..
- Recovery and purification process development for monoclonal antibody productionHui F Liu
Oceanside Process Research and Development, Genentech, Inc, Oceanside, CA, USA
MAbs 2:480-99. 2010..Basic unit operations such as harvest, Protein A affinity chromatography, and additional polishing steps are surveyed...
- Nucleic acid sequence-based amplification with oligochromatography for detection of Trypanosoma brucei in clinical samplesClaire M Mugasa
Department of Veterinary Parasitology and Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
J Clin Microbiol 47:630-5. 2009..brucei NASBA-OC test developed in this study can be employed in field laboratories, because it does not require a thermocycler; a simple heat block or a water bath maintained at two different temperatures is sufficient for amplification...
- Ineffectiveness of the Binax NOW malaria test for diagnosis of Plasmodium ovale malariaChristine Bigaillon
J Clin Microbiol 43:1011. 2005
- Separation and characterization of an IgG2 antibody containing a cyclic imide in CDR1 of light chain by hydrophobic interaction chromatography and mass spectrometryJohn Valliere-Douglass
Process and Analytical Sciences, Amgen Inc, Seattle, Washington 98119, USA
Anal Chem 80:3168-74. 2008Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) was used to separate populations of recombinant IgG2 antibody that were created as a result of prolonged incubation at 40 degrees C...
- Determination of carbohydrates in tobacco products by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry: a comparison with ion chromatography and application to product discriminationMichelle B Clarke
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, National Laboratory Center, 6000 Ammendale Road, Ammendale, Maryland 20705, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:1975-81. 2006Carbohydrates in commercial tobacco products were quantified utilizing a liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) technique...
- Technology trends in antibody purificationPete Gagnon
Bioprocessing Technology Institute, 20 Biopolis Way, 06 01 Centros, Singapore 138668 pete
J Chromatogr A 1221:57-70. 2012This article reviews technology trends in antibody purification. Section 1 discusses non-chromatography methods, including precipitation, liquid-liquid extraction, and high performance tangential flow filtration...
- Recent advances in large-scale production of monoclonal antibodies and related proteinsAbhinav A Shukla
Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Bristol Myers Squibb, CO, 6000 Thompson Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057, USA
Trends Biotechnol 28:253-61. 2010..Here, we review the current state-of-the-art industrial production processes, focusing on downstream technologies, for antibodies and antibody-related products and discuss future avenues for evolution...
- Selective enrichment of sialic acid-containing glycopeptides using titanium dioxide chromatography with analysis by HILIC and mass spectrometryGiuseppe Palmisano
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Nat Protoc 5:1974-82. 2010..glycopeptides using a combination of titanium dioxide (TiO(2)) and hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography (HILIC)...
- Separation of cellular nonpolar neutral lipids by normal-phase chromatography and analysis by electrospray ionization mass spectrometryPatrick M Hutchins
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045 6511, USA
J Lipid Res 49:804-13. 2008..Longer chain CE molecular species did not change in response to the activation of these cells...
- High-performance liquid chromatography method for determining alendronate sodium in human plasma by detecting fluorescence: application to a pharmacokinetic study in humansMin hyuk Yun
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
J Pharm Biomed Anal 40:168-72. 2006..9. Liquid chromatography was performed on a Capcell Pak C(18) column (4...
- Colloidal gold-based immunochromatographic assay for detection of ricinRong Hwa Shyu
Institute of Preventive Medicine, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Toxicon 40:255-8. 2002..In the absence of ricin, no immunogold was bound to the solid-phase antibody. With this method, 50 ng/ml of ricin was detected in less than 10 min. The assay sensitivity can be increased by silver enhancement to 100 pg/ml...
- Suitability of silica hydride stationary phase, aqueous normal phase chromatography for untargeted metabolomic profiling of Enterococcus faecium and Staphylococcus aureusScott A Weisenberg
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Weill Cornell Medical College, NY 10065, USA
J Sep Sci 32:2262-5. 2009We report the robustness of silica hydride stationary phase, aqueous normal phase (ANP) chromatography to the chemical complexity of the intracellular metabolomes of Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus faecium...
- Identification and quantitation of eleven sesquiterpenes in three species of Curcuma rhizomes by pressurized liquid extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryF Q Yang
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau SAR, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 39:552-8. 2005..phaeocaulis or C. wenyujin based on its location. Five components such as furanodienone, germacrone, curdione, curcumenol and neocurdione were optimized as markers for quality control of Ezhu...
- Hydrophilic interaction chromatography-based high-throughput sample preparation method for N-glycan analysis from total human plasma glycoproteinsL Renee Ruhaak
Leiden University Medical Center, Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry Unit, Department of Parasitology, P O Box 9600, 2300RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Anal Chem 80:6119-26. 2008..A hydrophilic interaction chromatography (HILIC)-based solid phase extraction method is then applied to isolate the 2-AA labeled N-glycans, which can ..
- Selecting protein N-terminal peptides by combined fractional diagonal chromatographyAn Staes
Department of Medical Protein Research, Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie VIB, Ghent, Belgium
Nat Protoc 6:1130-41. 2011..As a pioneering technology, N-terminal combined fractional diagonal chromatography (COFRADIC) has been used in numerous studies in which these protein modifications were investigated...
- Preparative isolation and purification of hydroxyanthraquinones from Rheum officinale Baill by high-speed counter-current chromatography using pH-modulated stepwise elutionF Yang
Beijing Institute of New Technology Application, China
J Chromatogr A 858:103-7. 1999Analytical and preparative high-speed counter-current chromatography was successfully used for the isolation and purification of hydroxyanthraquinones from Rheum officinale Baill (Dahuang) using pH-modulated stepwise elution...
- Development of a single column method for the separation of lipid- and protein-derived oligosaccharidesDavid C A Neville
Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
J Proteome Res 8:681-7. 2009..Normal-phase (NP)/hydrophilic interaction chromatography (HILIC) is commonly used to separate fluorophore-derivatized oligosaccharides...
- Monoclonal antibody purification using cationic polyelectrolytes: an alternative to column chromatographyThanmaya Peram
Early Stage Purification, Process Research and Development, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Biotechnol Prog 26:1322-31. 2010..to precipitate host cell and process related impurities was investigated, to replace one or more chromatography steps in monoclonal antibody purification...
- Development of rapid one-step immunochromatographic assayS H Paek
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, 5 Ka, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 701, Korea
Methods 22:53-60. 2000..g., ELISA). To minimize such sacrifice, major factors that control system performance were identified and the system was then devised under optimal conditions...
- Speciation of metal-EDTA complexes by flow injection analysis with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry and ion chromatography with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometryZuliang Chen
Centre for Environmental Risk Assessment and Remediation, University of South Australia, Mawson Lakes, SA Australia
J Sep Sci 31:3796-802. 2008Flow injection analysis (FIA) with ESI-MS and ion chromatography (IC) with inductively coupled plasma-MS (ICP-MS) as the complementary technique have been explored for the determination of metal ions as their metal-EDTA complexes...
- Simulated moving bed chromatography for the separation of enantiomersArvind Rajendran
Nanyang Technological University, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering, 62 Nanyang Drive, Singapore 637459, Singapore
J Chromatogr A 1216:709-38. 2009Simulated moving bed (SMB) chromatography, a continuous multi-column chromatographic process, has become one of the preferred techniques for the separation of the enantiomers of a chiral compound...
- RNase-assisted RNA chromatographyGracjan Michlewski
Medical Research Council Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, United Kingdom
RNA 16:1673-8. 2010RNA chromatography combined with mass spectrometry represents a widely used experimental approach to identify RNA-binding proteins that recognize specific RNA targets...
- The chemical interpretation and practice of linear solvation energy relationships in chromatographyMark Vitha
Drake University, Department of Chemistry, 2507 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311, USA
J Chromatogr A 1126:143-94. 2006..relative strength of the chemical interactions that control retention and selectivity in the various modes of chromatography ranging from gas chromatography to reversed phase and micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography...
- Analysis of protein phosphorylation using mass spectrometry: deciphering the phosphoproteomeMatthias Mann
Center for Experimental Bioinformatics, University of Southern Denmark, M, DK 5230, Odense, Denmark
Trends Biotechnol 20:261-8. 2002..In this article, we outline several methods for enrichment of phosphorylated proteins and peptides and discuss various options for their identification and quantitation with special emphasis on mass spectrometry-based techniques...
- Advantages of ultra performance liquid chromatography over high-performance liquid chromatography: comparison of different analytical approaches during analysis of diclofenac gelLucie Novakova
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
J Sep Sci 29:2433-43. 2006..This leads to shortening of analysis time and great savings in solvent consumption. Ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) is one of the new developments in liquid chromatography...
- Isoflavone-free soy protein prepared by column chromatography reduces plasma cholesterol in ratsKensuke Fukui
New Ingredients Research Institute and Soybean Health Foods Laboratory, Fuji Oil Company, Ltd, 1 Sumiyoshi cho, Izumisano, Osaka 598 8540, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 50:5717-21. 2002..effect of soy protein, the effect on plasma cholesterol of isoflavone-free soy protein prepared by column chromatography was examined in rats...
- Preparative isolation and purification of alkannin/shikonin derivatives from natural products by high-speed counter-current chromatographyAndreana N Assimopoulou
Organic Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Chemical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 541 24 Thessaloniki, Greece
Biomed Chromatogr 23:182-98. 2009..High-speed counter-current chromatography (HSCCC) was applied for the first time to the separation, preparative isolation and purification of A/S and ..
- Measurement and source identification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the aerosol in Xi'an, China, by using automated column chromatography and applying positive matrix factorization (PMF)Tomoaki Okuda
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Sci Total Environ 408:1909-14. 2010..2005 to 2007, by using a modified Soxhlet extraction followed by a clean-up procedure using automated column chromatography followed by HPLC/fluorescence detection...
- Optimization of a solid-phase microextraction procedure for the determination of herbicides by micellar electrokinetic chromatographySergio Frías-García
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Nutrition and Food Science, Faculty of Chemistry, University of La Laguna, Av Fco Sánchez s n, 38206 La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Sep Sci 27:660-6. 2004..80 microg L(-1) and 4.89 microg L(-1). Finally, the optimized method was applied to the determination of these compounds in spiked and non-spiked groundwater samples using a previously optimized MEKC separation...
- Rapid separation and determination of resibufogenin and cinobufagin in toad venom and Liushen tablet by beta-cyclodextrin modified micellar electrokinetic chromatographyYanfang Zhao
Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:124-8. 2006A rapid cyclodextrin modified micellar electrokinetic chromatography (CD-MEKC) method was proposed for the determination of resibufogenin and cinobufagin in the Chinese herbal extracts from toad venom and its medicinal preparation (..
- Slip flow in colloidal crystals for ultraefficient chromatographyBingchuan Wei
Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:10780-2. 2012..for separation length, is 15 nm, which is 500-fold smaller than previous reports for pressure-driven protein chromatography. A colloidal crystal is shown to separate a monoclonal antibody from its aggregates in only 40 s, representing ..
- Size exclusion chromatography does not require poresD E Brooks
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada V6T 2B5
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7064-7. 2000Separation of macromolecules on the basis of their molecular weight by size exclusion chromatography has long been considered to be caused by the geometry-dependent partition of macromolecules between a continuous phase and the porous ..
- General method for purification of α-amino acid-n-carboxyanhydrides using flash chromatographyJessica R Kramer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1600, United States
Biomacromolecules 11:3668-72. 2010We describe the application of flash column chromatography on silica gel as a rapid and general method to obtain pure α-amino acid-N-carboxyanhydride (NCA) monomers, the widely used precursors for the synthesis of polypeptides, without ..
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatographyPhilip M Cummins
School of Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Methods Mol Biol 681:431-7. 2011..Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is a commonly used technique that exploits these hydrophobic features of proteins as a basis for their ..
- Particle size characterization by quadruple-detector hydrodynamic chromatographyAmandaa K Brewer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 32306 4390, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:295-302. 2009..Here, we introduce a quadruple-detector hydrodynamic chromatography (HDC) method utilizing static multiangle light scattering (MALS), quasi-elastic light scattering (QELS), ..
- Sample displacement chromatography of Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) thrombinEven Manseth
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Agricultural University of Norway, Chr M Falsensgate 1, P O Box 5040, N 1432 As, Norway
J Biochem Biophys Methods 60:39-47. 2004A modified method of sample displacement chromatography (SDC) was used to purify active salmon thrombin on a heparin-coupled matrix to near homogeneity in milligram amounts from 117 ml plasma...
- Solvent modulation of column chromatographyTsutomu Arakawa
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Protein Pept Lett 15:544-55. 2008..g., ammonium sulfate, NaCl, Citrate and phosphate in hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) and NaCl in ion exchange and dye affinity chromatographies...
- Two-dimensional liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry analysis of Gradiflow fractionated native human plasmaValerie C Wasinger
Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of New South Wales, Kensington, Australia
Proteomics 5:3397-401. 2005..Following albumin depletion, each fraction was trypsin-digested and the peptides were fractionated further using a 2-D LC-MS/MS. Differences in the total number of proteins identified for each sample were also noted...
- Characterisation of nanoparticulate systems by hydrodynamic chromatographyA Williams
Polymer Laboratories, Essex Road, Church Stretton, SY6 6AX, Shropshire, UK
Int J Pharm 242:295-9. 2002..Hydrodynamic chromatography (HDC) provides a method for the separation of polymers in solution or particles in suspension based on their ..
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography in dual salt system increases protein binding capacityAnna M Senczuk
Purification Process Development, Amgen, Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, Washington 98119, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 103:930-5. 2009Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) uses weakly hydrophobic resins and requires a salting-out salt to promote protein-resin interaction. The salting-out effects increase with protein and salt concentration...
- Using high throughput screening to define virus clearance by chromatography resinsLisa Connell-Crowley
Drug Substance Development, Amgen Inc, 1201 Amgen Court West, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 110:1984-94. 2013High throughput screening (HTS) of chromatography resins can accelerate downstream process development by rapidly providing information on product and impurity partitioning over a wide range of experimental conditions...
- Molecular insight into the ligand-IgG interactions for 4-mercaptoethyl-pyridine based hydrophobic charge-induction chromatographyDong Qiang Lin
State Key Laboratory of Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Phys Chem B 116:1393-400. 2012Hydrophobic charge-induction chromatography (HCIC) with 4-mercaptoethyl-pyridine (MEP) as the ligand is a novel technology for antibody purification...
- Oligomeric states of proteins determined by size-exclusion chromatography coupled with light scattering, absorbance, and refractive index detectorsEwa Folta-Stogniew
W M Keck Foundation Biotechnology Resource Laboratory, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Methods Mol Biol 328:97-112. 2006Size-exclusion chromatography (SEC), coupled with "on-line" static laser light scattering (LS), refractive index (RI), and ultraviolet (UV) detection, provides a universal approach for determination of the molar mass and ..
- Cuticular lipids of insects as potential biofungicides: methods of lipid composition analysisMarek Gołębiowski
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdansk, ul Sobieskiego 18 19, 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
Anal Bioanal Chem 399:3177-91. 2011..The separation and analysis of the insect cuticular lipids were performed by column chromatography, thin-layer chromatography (TLC), high performance liquid chromatography with a laser light scattering ..
- Proteome-wide characterization of N-glycosylation events by diagonal chromatographyBart Ghesquière
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Protein Research, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University, A Baertsoenkaai 3, B9000 Ghent, Belgium
J Proteome Res 5:2438-47. 2006..These properties--high sensitivity and dependence on glycan imprinting--can be exploited for glycan-biomarker analysis...
- Protein purification using chromatography: selection of type, modelling and optimization of operating conditionsJ A Asenjo
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Centre for Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Millennium Institute for Cell Dynamics and Biotechnology ICDB, University of Chile, Beauchef 861, Santiago, Chile
J Mol Recognit 22:65-76. 2009..including anion and cation exchange, which can be carried out at different pHs, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, gel filtration and affinity chromatography...
- Measurement of lumefantrine and its metabolite in plasma by high performance liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detectionInsaf F Khalil
Centre for Medical Parasitology at Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:168-72. 2011..Therefore, we set out to develop a simpler reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) method based on UV detection for simultaneous measurement of LUM and its major metabolite the ..
- Preparation and characterization of novel macroporous cellulose beads regenerated from ionic liquid for fast chromatographyKai Feng Du
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biological Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610065, China
J Chromatogr A 1217:1298-304. 2010..Therefore, we demonstrated that the MCB possessed more advantages than other ones, like HCB and CSFF, and was expected as an ideal material for fast chromatography.
- Establishment of the model of white blood cell membrane chromatography and screening of antagonizing TLR4 receptor component from Atractylodes macrocephala KoidzCuiqin Li
School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Sci China C Life Sci 49:182-9. 2006A model of white blood cell membrane chromatography (WB-CMC) was established to screen active component from Atractylodes macrocephala Koidz. The component can antagonize Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and inhibit inflammatory reaction...
- Host cell protein clearance during protein A chromatography: development of an improved column wash stepAbhinav A Shukla
Purification Process Development, Amgen Inc, Seattle, WA 98119, USA
Biotechnol Prog 24:1115-21. 2008..Protein A chromatography as a capture step for monoclonal antibodies and Fc fusion proteins can clear a large proportion of these ..
- Simultaneous determination of gibberellic acid, indole-3-acetic acid and abscisic acid in wheat extracts by solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometryShengjie Hou
Key Lab of Bioorganic Phosphorus Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Talanta 76:798-802. 2008A liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method was developed for simultaneous determination of three representative phytohormones in plant samples: gibberellic acid (GA(3)), indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) and abscisic acid ..
- Identification and quantitation of newly synthesized proteins in Escherichia coli by enrichment of azidohomoalanine-labeled peptides with diagonal chromatographyGertjan Kramer
Mass Spectrometry of Biomacromolecules, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1599-611. 2009..Selectively modified peptides are identified by reversed phase liquid chromatography and on-line tandem mass spectrometry...
- Novel strategy using an adsorbent-column chromatography for effective ethanol production from sugarcane or sugar beet molassesKen Ichi Hatano
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Graduate School of Engineering, Gunma University, 1 5 1 Tenjin cho, Kiryu, Gunma, Japan
Bioresour Technol 100:4697-703. 2009..The present work describes the way in which an adsorbent-column chromatography can effectively remove the colorant and produce biomass ethanol from sugarcane or sugar beet molasses...
- Determination of the absolute configuration of a chiral oxadiazol-3-one calcium channel blocker, resolved using chiral chromatography, via concerted density functional theory calculations of its vibrational circular dichroism, electronic circular dichroisP J Stephens
Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089 0482, USA
J Org Chem 72:4707-15. 2007..To determine the enantioselectivity of this activity, the enantiomers of 2 have been resolved using chiral chromatography. The absolute configuration (AC) of 2 has been determined by comparison of density functional theory (DFT) ..
- Membrane chromatography: protein purification from E. coli lysate using newly designed and commercial anion-exchange stationary phasesBharat V Bhut
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Clemson University, 127 Earle Hall, Clemson, SC 29634, USA
J Chromatogr A 1217:4946-57. 2010..the purification of anthrax protective antigen (PA) protein from Escherichia coli lysate using bind-and-elute chromatography with newly designed weak anion-exchange membranes...
- Separation and determination of two sesquiterpene lactones in Radix inulae and Liuwei Anxian San by microemulsion electrokinetic chromatographyGao Wenhua
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 18:826-32. 2004A novel microemulsion electrokinetic chromatography (MEEKC) method for separating and determining two sesquoterpene lactones, alantolactone (AL) and isoalantolactone (IAL), in Radix inulae and Liuwei Anxian San has been developed...
- Modeling of protein monomer/aggregate purification and separation using hydrophobic interaction chromatographyJustin T McCue
Biogen Idec Corporation, Bioprocess Development, 14 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 31:261-75. 2008Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is commonly used to separate protein monomer and aggregate species in the purification of protein therapeutics...
- Properties of a new intravenous immunoglobulin (IGIV-C, 10%) produced by virus inactivation with caprylate and column chromatographyW Lebing
Technology Department, Bayer Health Care, Biological Products Division, Clayton, North Carolina 27520, USA
Vox Sang 84:193-201. 2003..Our objective was to design a new manufacturing process to maximize immunoglobulin G (IgG) purity, achieve robust viral safety, preserve all the biological activities of antibody and avoid unnecessary protein loss...
- Recent advancement in application of hydrophobic interaction chromatography for aggregate removal in industrial purification processYuefeng Lu
Global Process Engineering, Process Development, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 10:427-33. 2009Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) is a classic purification tool applied in protein and antibody, laboratory and industrial production process...
- Determination of campesterol, stigmasterol, and beta-sitosterol in saw palmetto raw materials and dietary supplements by gas chromatography: collaborative studyWendy R Sorenson
Covance Laboratories, 3301 Kinsman Blvd, Madison, WI 53704, USA
J AOAC Int 90:670-8. 2007..Phytosterols were derivatized to trimethylsilyl ethers and then quantified by gas chromatography with hydrogen flame ionization detection...
- Simultaneous analysis of proteome, phospho- and glycoproteome of rat kidney tissue with electrostatic repulsion hydrophilic interaction chromatographyPiliang Hao
School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 6:e16884. 2011....
- Feasibility study for the fractionation of the major human immunoglobulin G subclasses using hydrophobic interaction membrane chromatographyLu Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L7, Canada
Anal Chem 82:452-5. 2010..e., IgG1 and IgG2, by hydrophobic interaction membrane chromatography using environment-responsive membranes...
- Defining process design space for a hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) purification step: application of quality by design (QbD) principlesCanping Jiang
Manufacturing Sciences and Technology, Bristol Myers Squibb Co, East Syracuse, New York 13057, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 107:985-97. 2010..This paper outlines the development of a design space for a hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC) process step...
- Efficient purification of recombinant proteins fused to maltose-binding protein by mixed-mode chromatographyCharlotte Cabanne
EA 4135, ESTBB, Université V Segalen Bordeaux 2, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Chromatogr A 1216:4451-6. 2009..Mixed-mode resins thus represent a powerful alternative to the classical amylose or dextrin resins for the purification of recombinant proteins fused to maltose-binding protein...
- Strong cation exchange chromatography in analysis of posttranslational modifications: innovations and perspectivesMariola J Edelmann
Institute for Genomics, Biocomputing and Biotechnology, Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station, Mississippi State University, MS 39762, USA
J Biomed Biotechnol 2011:936508. 2011Strong cation exchange (SCX) chromatography has been utilized as an excellent separation technique that can be combined with reversed-phase (RP) chromatography, which is frequently used in peptide mass spectrometry...
- Durancin L28-1A, a new bacteriocin from Enterococcus durans L28-1, isolated from soilF Yanagida
The Institute of Enology and Viticulture, University of Yamanashi, Kitashin, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 40:430-5. 2005..To isolate, characterize and identify bacteriocins from lactic acid bacteria in soil...
- [Application of chromatography and related techniques in quality evaluation of traditional Chinese medicine]Yong Wang
School of Pharmacy, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Se Pu 26:136-41. 2008..The applications of chromatography as well as some related techniques in the information acquisition of TCMs are summarized...
- Hydroxyapatite chromatography: altering the phosphate-dependent elution profile of protein as a function of pHEwald Schröder
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Anal Biochem 313:176-8. 2003
- Derivatization of carbohydrates for analysis by chromatography; electrophoresis and mass spectrometryDavid J Harvey
Oxford Glycobiology Institute, Department of Biochemistry, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, UK
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:1196-225. 2011..All of these groups have been the targets of derivatization and this review attempts to summarise the main methods used for these various functional groups...
- Microfluidics in protein chromatographyFrank A Gomez
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 681:137-50. 2011..This review details recent developments in protein separations on microfluidic platforms and how MEMS have the potential for revolutionizing protein chromatography.
- Simultaneous determination of cefixime trihydrate and dicloxacillin sodium in pharmaceutical dosage form by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatographyMadhura V Dhoka
Pune University, A I S S M S College of Pharmacy, Department of Quality Assurance, Pune 01, India
J AOAC Int 93:531-5. 2010..Calibration curves were linear with R2 between 0.99 to 1.0 over a concentration range of 2-10 microg/mL for cefixime trihydrate and 5-25 micromL for dicloxacillin sodium. The RSD for intraday and interday precision was < 2.0%...
- Surface plasmon resonance spectroscopy-based high-throughput screening of ligands for use in affinity and displacement chromatographySrinavya Vutukuru
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York 12180, USA
Langmuir 24:11784-9. 2008..The combination of SPR spectroscopy and SAMs represents a powerful technique for identifying novel ligands that enable the purification of complex protein mixtures...
- Simultaneous determination of phytoestrogens and key metabolites in breast cancer patients' urine by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryJing Yu
Department of Chinese Medicinal Prescription, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:939-46. 2009A novel, selective and sensitive liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method has been developed and validated for the simultaneous determination of phytoestrogens and their key metabolites in human urine in this study...
- On-line size-exclusion chromatography/mass spectrometry of low molecular mass heparinJens Henriksen
Department of Spectroscopy, LEO Pharma A S, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
J Mass Spectrom 39:1305-12. 2004..The experimental setup includes on-line cation exchange in order to prevent massive adducting in the ESI interface...
- Modification of Martini force field for molecular dynamics simulation of hydrophobic charge induction chromatography of lysozymeLin Zhang
Department of Biochemical Engineering and Key Laboratory of Systems Bioengineering of the Ministry of Education, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, Nankai District, China
J Mol Graph Model 29:906-14. 2011..more accurate description of adsorption and desorption behaviors of lysozyme in hydrophobic charge induction chromatography (HCIC), the Martini coarse-grained (CG) force field has been modified based on the statistical analysis and ..
- Human aromatase in high yield and purity by perfusion chromatography and its characterization by difference spectroscopy and mass spectrometryC A Gartner
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Protein Expr Purif 22:443-54. 2001..Using the relatively new chromatographic technique of perfusion chromatography, a very rapid procedure for purification of the protein from solubilized cells was developed...
- Quantitative structure-property relationships for pesticides in biopartitioning micellar chromatographyWeiping Ma
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu, PR China
J Chromatogr A 1113:140-7. 2006The retention factor (log k) in the biopartitioning micellar chromatography (BMC) of 79 heterogeneous pesticides was studied by quantitative structure-property relationships (QSPR) method...
- Isolation and purification of recombinant proteins, antibodies and plasmid DNA with hydroxyapatite chromatographyFrank Hilbrig
University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Biotechnol J 7:90-102. 2012..since the purification of DNA therapeutics at a sufficiently large scale is an emerging need in bioprocess development and perhaps the area in bioseparation where apatite chromatography can make its most important contribution to date.
- Purification and identification of O-GlcNAc-modified peptides using phosphate-based alkyne CLICK chemistry in combination with titanium dioxide chromatography and mass spectrometryBenjamin L Parker
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark
J Proteome Res 10:1449-58. 2011..using CLICK chemistry and O-GlcNAcGalNAzPO(4)-containing peptides were enriched using titanium dioxide chromatography. Modified peptides were analyzed using a combination of higher energy collision dissociation for ..
- Quantitative studies of allosteric effects by biointeraction chromatography: analysis of protein binding for low-solubility drugsJianzhong Chen
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0304, USA
Anal Chem 78:2672-83. 2006..This approach is not limited to warfarin, tamoxifen, and HSA but can also be used to study other solutes and binding agents...
- Purification of plasmid DNA vectors by aqueous two-phase extraction and hydrophobic interaction chromatographyInês P Trindade
Centro de Química IBQF Pólo de Braga, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4700 320 Braga, Portugal
J Chromatogr A 1082:176-84. 2005..the salt-rich bottom phase, so that this stream could be subsequently processed by hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC)...
- A novel multidimensional protein identification technology approach combining protein size exclusion prefractionation, peptide zwitterion-ion hydrophilic interaction chromatography, and nano-ultraperformance RP chromatography/nESI-MS2 for the in-depth anaSpiros D Garbis
Center for Basic Research, Division of Biotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Anal Chem 83:708-18. 2011..High-pressure size-exclusion chromatography (SEC) was used for the prefractionation of serum proteins followed by their dialysis exchange and solution ..
- In vivo sampling for pharmacokinetic studies in small experimental animals: a combination of microdialysis, planar chromatography and digital autoradiographyMerja Haaparanta
Turku PET Centre, Medicity Research Laboratory PET, Turku, Finland
Mol Imaging Biol 6:27-33. 2004..a method for measuring the pharmacokinetics of positron emission tomography (PET) tracers during rat studies using microdialysis (MD) in combination with planar chromatography and digital autoradiography with a phosphoimager plate (DAR).
- MEP HyperCel chromatography II: binding, washing and elutionTsutomu Arakawa
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Protein Expr Purif 71:168-73. 2010Binding, washing and elution conditions for MEP HyperCel chromatography were examined using two conditioned media (CM) containing monoclonal antibodies (humanized IgG1) and bovine serum albumin (BSA)...
- New insights in Adipokinetic Hormone (AKH) precursor processing in Locusta migratoria obtained by capillary liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryG Baggerman
Laboratory for Developmental Physiology and Molecular Biology KULeuven, 59 Naamsestraat B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Peptides 23:635-44. 2002..By capillary liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry we demonstrate that the APRPs in Locusta migratoria are further processed to form two ..
- Separation of proteins using hydrophobic interaction membrane chromatographyR Ghosh
Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, UK
J Chromatogr A 923:59-64. 2001Membrane chromatography can overcome some of the problems associated with packed bed chromatography. In most membrane chromatographic studies reported so far, ion-exchange and affinity interactions have been utilised...
- A fatal case of chlorate poisoning: confirmation by ion chromatography of body fluidsH Eysseric
Fédération de Toxicologie Clinique et Biologique, CHU de Grenoble, France
J Forensic Sci 45:474-7. 2000..He died 12 h after his admission. Specific ion chromatography was used afterhand to assay the chlorate in various body fluids...
- Identification and characterization of native proteins of Escherichia coli BL-21 that display affinity towards Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography and Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography MatricesNeha Tiwari
Ralph E Martin Department of Chemical Engineering, 3202 Bell Engineering, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Protein Expr Purif 70:191-5. 2010..and characterize Escherichia coli proteins which display affinity towards both Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography (IMAC) and Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC)...
- Escherichia coli proteins eluted from mono Q chromatography, a final step during RNA polymerase purification procedureHuijun Zhi
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 37, Rm 5144, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Methods Enzymol 370:291-300. 2003
- Extraction and chromatography-mass spectrometric analysis of the active principles from selected Chinese herbs and other medicinal plantsXiaosuo Wang
Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Am J Chin Med 31:927-44. 2003..the different extraction methodologies used in the preparation of herbal extracts and reviews the utility of chromatography-mass spectrometry for the analysis of their active components...
- Direct measurement of protein osmotic second virial cross coefficients by cross-interaction chromatographyPeter M Tessier
Center for Molecular and Engineering Thermodynamics, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716, USA
Protein Sci 13:1379-90. 2004..for quantifying the osmotic second virial cross coefficient directly using a modified form of self-interaction chromatography called cross-interaction chromatography...
- Superporous agarose beads as a hydrophobic interaction chromatography supportP E Gustavsson
Department of Pure and Applied Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 830:275-84. 1999Superporous agarose beads were used as a support for hydrophobic interaction chromatography. These beads have large connecting flow pores in addition to their normal diffusion pores...
- Measurement of anions in ambient particulate matter by ion chromatography: a novel sample preparation technique and development of a generic uncertainty budgetRichard J C Brown
National Physical Laboratory, Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Talanta 80:1020-4. 2009A novel sample preparation technique for the measurement of anions in particulate matter by ion chromatography is presented...
- High performance liquid chromatography with two simultaneous on-line antioxidant assays: Evaluation and comparison of espresso coffeesMariam Mnatsakanyan
Australian Centre for Research on Separation Science ACROSS, School of Natural Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Parramatta, NSW, Australia
Talanta 81:837-42. 2010..Nevertheless, the overall intensity and complexity of the samples in both UV absorption and antioxidant assay chromatograms were aligned with the manufacturers description of flavour intensity and character...
- Validation of a method for the detection and confirmation of nitroimidazoles and the corresponding hydroxy metabolites in pig plasma by high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryStéphanie Fraselle
Scientific Institute of Public Health, Food Department, 14 J Wytsmanstreet, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Anal Chim Acta 586:383-93. 2007..J. Polzer, C. Stachel, P. Gowik, Anal. Chim. Acta 521 (2004) 189] was adapted for liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry detection and was validated in house according to the Commission Decision 2002/657/EC...
- Titanium dioxide as a chemo-affinity solid phase in offline phosphopeptide chromatography prior to HPLC-MS/MS analysisMichael Mazanek
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nat Protoc 2:1059-69. 2007..is used as a phosphopeptide trap that acts as an offline first-dimension separation step in a two-dimensional chromatography system. This is followed by online nano reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography...
- A mild hydrophobic interaction chromatography involving polyethylene glycol immobilized to agarose media refolding recombinant Staphylococcus aureus elongation factor GJing Jing Li
National Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 353, Beijing 100080, China
Protein Expr Purif 40:327-35. 2005..Only pulse elution with 8 M urea was efficient. Urea concentrations favorable for efficiently refolding EF-G were investigated. Low urea concentration produced more misfolded structures...
- Prediction of enantiomeric selectivity in chromatography. Application of conformation-dependent and conformation-independent descriptors of molecular chiralityJoão Aires-de-Sousa
Departamento de Quimica, CQFB and SINTOR UNINOVA, campus Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Monte de Caparica, Portugal
J Mol Graph Model 20:373-88. 2002..datasets of chiral compounds, each of them containing pairs of enantiomers that had been separated by chiral chromatography. The elution order within each pair of isomers was predicted by means of Kohonen neural networks (NN) using ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Cardiotrophin-Like Cytokine 1, a Candidate Molecule for the FSGS FactorVirginia J Savin; Fiscal Year: 2010..These techniques include gel chromatography to determine the protein size and electrical charge, affinity chromatography to determine binding properties, ..
- Soluble Epoxide Hydrolase as a Target for Ischemic CardioprotectionDonna M Van Winkle; Fiscal Year: 2012..Measurement of EETs will be performed by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Findings to Date...
- The influence of air pollution mixtures on biomarkers of airway oxidative stressRoby Greenwald; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brown), training in biomarker discovery and development using high sensitivity chromatography and mass spectrometry instrumentation (with Dr. Barr), and guidance in air pollution exposure assessment (Dr...
- Neuroimaging abnormalities in major depressive disorder: effect of inflammationJonathan Savitz; Fiscal Year: 2013..cytokine bead arrays, while measurements of TRP, KYN, and 3HK will be obtained with high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Imaging will be conducted on a GE MR750 3T scanner with a 32-channel coil...
- Patient-Derived Stem Cells for Phosphoproteomic Profiling NeuropsychopathologyDieter A Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2011..Multidimensional liquid chromatography (MDLC) tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) is a powerful tool for analysis of proteomes, phosphoproteomes, and is ..
- A Rodent Model to Study Links Among Diet, Visceral Adipose and CardiomyopathyMELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..induced changes in the myocardial and adipose lipid profile will be measured using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Arsenic Exposure, Genetic Determinants and Diabetes Risk in a Family StudyAna Navas-Acien; Fiscal Year: 2013..species concentrations using inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICPMS) and high performance liquid chromatography-ICPMS (HPLC-ICPMS), respectively...
- Protein alterations in skeletal muscle cells with improved mtDNA repairLyudmila I Rachek; Fiscal Year: 2010..To complete this study we propose to make use of a new liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) approach.
- Controlled delivery of polypeptide hormone calcitoninJagdish Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry, and high performance liquid chromatography techniques. Further, in vitro biocompatibility of the delivery systems will be evaluated by MTT assay. (2)...
- IDENTIFICATION OF ACOUSTICO-LATERALIS TRANSMITTERSDennis G Drescher; Fiscal Year: 2013..hair cells and inner-ear sensory epithelia, with femtomole-sensitive, high-resolution, high-performance liquid chromatography. Enzymes of synthesis and transporters for the transmitters will be analyzed with molecular and ..
- Analogs of GTP as novel inhibitors of bacterial c-di-GMP-synthesizing enzymesGeorge E Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010..All new compounds will be purified by reverse phase or ion exchange chromatography, and characterized by NMR and LCMS methods;2, test GTP analogs for their ability to inhibit cyclization of GTP ..
- Deriving hepatocytes from disease specific iPS to treat metabolic liver disordersNamita Roy-Chowdhury; Fiscal Year: 2013..will be determined and biliary excretion of bilirubin glucuronides will be analyzed by high-pressure liquid chromatography. (b) Finally, a group of recipient rats and immunodeficient mice will be observed life-long to evaluate the ..
- Delineation of the molecular mechanisms underlying group A Streptococcus virulencPaul Sumby; Fiscal Year: 2013..To identify the breath of FASX-mediated regulation in GAS we will use two-dimensional liquid chromatography mass spectrometry analysis to compare the proteomes of a clinical GAS isolate with its isogenic fasX mutant ..
- Simultaneous Insulin and Leptin Signaling in POMC Neurons Promotes Fertility andLATRICE DOREEN FAULKNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and radioimmunoassay (RIA), we will directly measure the levels of processing intermediates and ..
- Pain and Hypoxia in Premature NeonatesDANILYN MAG AKAT ANGELES; Fiscal Year: 2012..in plasma-hypoxanthine (Hx), xanthine (Xa), and uric acid (UA)-will be measured using high performance liquid chromatography. Oxidative stress will be quantified by measuring plasma levels of xanthine oxidase (XO), xanthine ..
- Nonenzymatic glycation, bone quality, and microdamage in type 2 diabetic boneEve Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2013..ft2 of core lab space, and includes equipment for CNC milling, mechanical testing, ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), and core facilities for Biochemistry, Bioimaging, Cell &Molecular Biology, Microscopy, and ..
- Maternal Obesity and Gestational Diabetes: Impact on MetabolomeWilliam L Lowe; Fiscal Year: 2013..spectrometry- based platform to measure amino acids, acylcarnitines, and conventional metabolites and a gas chromatography:mass spectrometry-based non-targeted platform to analyze a wide variety of metabolites to define the metabolic ..
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2012..ascertained using established methods such as nuclear magnetic resonance (1H-NMR) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)...
- Identifying Key Structural Elements in the Activation of the Arp2/3 ComplexPatricia A Khuu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutant complexes will be purified through GST-VCA affinity, ion exchange, and gel filtration chromatography. Phenotype analysis of mutants will be visualized with GFP-tagged markers using confocal microscopy and total ..
- High Throughput Methods to Measure Disparities in Childhood Exposure to TobaccoSharon E Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to (1) develop high throughput liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS) methods to quantify cotinine in dried blood spots;(2) estimate the U.S...
- Detection of engineered nanomaterials in drinking water, food, commercial productPaul K Westerhoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that two basic instrumentation platforms (ion coupled plasma mass spectroscopy and liquid chromatography mass spectroscopy) can be developed in conjunction with sample pretreatment methods, involving extraction, ..
- Molecular Biology of Erythrocyte AnkyrinPatrick G Gallagher; Fiscal Year: 2010..includes: study of genomic DNA from patients with ankyrin-linked HS by denaturing high performance liquid chromatography, followed by nucleotide sequencing;analysis of the cDNA and genomic fragments of the ankyrin gene relevant to ..
- Combined use of green tea and quercetin in prostate cancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2012..quercetin and their metabolites in tumor tissue, liver, lung, and kidney by high performance liquid chromatography and coularray electrochemical detection...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HEPARIN COFACTOR IIDouglas M Tollefsen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Size-fractionated DS oligosaccharides will be subjected to HCII affinity chromatography, and the structures of selected high- and low-affinity oligosaccharides will be determined...
- Exposure and biological response biomarkers of cigarette smokeIAN ALEXANDER BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently devised a more quantitative method based on immunoaffinity stable isotope dilution liquid chromatography- tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) that can be readily elaborated to studies of tobacco smokers...
- Roles of pulmonary and hepatic P4501A enzymes in hyperoxic lung injury in miceBhagavatula Moorthy; Fiscal Year: 2010..Levels of F2 isoprostanes and isofurans will be measured in lung and liver by gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry (GC-MS). (4)...
- Pharmacology of Antiretroviral Nanoparticle MicellesChristopher J Destache; Fiscal Year: 2010..Liquid chromatography, scanning electron and confocal microscopy, and functional studies in macrophages as a drug delivery system ..
- Continuation of FERN Activities at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment StatioLAURIE J PETERSON-WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2013..depending on Forensic Chemistry Center (FCC) and FERN National Program Office (NPO) input: (1) The use of Gas Chromatography- Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) for the analysis of unknown compounds in foods...
- A Targeted Preemptive Approach to Addressing Mitochondrial Toxicity of NucleosideJohn K Buolamwini; Fiscal Year: 2013..medicinal chemistry, biochemical and molecular biological assays, laser scanning confocal microscopy, chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry will be employed...
- Glutamate-Glutamine Metabolism in Primary Human Brain TumorsAnne Williamson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The pattern of isotopic enrichment will be determined using liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)...
- CHEMISTRY SUPPORT SERVICES TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGY PROGRAMCLARK ALGAIER; Fiscal Year: 2009..The development method included the determination of the lowest quantifiable matrix concentration using liquid chromatography with mass spectrometric detection (LC/MS) and evaluation of matrix interferences...
- CHOLINERGIC MECHANISMS OF REM SLEEP GENERATIONHelen A Baghdoyan; Fiscal Year: 2013..selective brain regions and for collecting endogenously released neurotransmitters;2) high performance liquid chromatography and capillary electrophoresis to measure changes in endogenous neurotransmitters caused by antipsychotic drugs;..
- Modeling distinct neonatal purine metabolism to inform vaccine developmentOfer Levy; Fiscal Year: 2013..adult blood plasma. We will employ thin layer chromatography, pharmacologic inhibitors, enzyme immunodepletion, and high performance liquid chromatography...
- REGULATION OF 15N UREA ISOTOPOMERS PRODUCTIONItzhak Nissim; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use 15N and/or 13C labeled precursors and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), MALDI-TOF-mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and molecular biology...
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF MESSENGER RNA STABILITYDaniel R Schoenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 will use tandem affinity chromatography to recover the Complex I mRNP, identify its constituent proteins, and determine their role in mRNP assembly ..
- Identification and Validation of Alcohol Biomarker Signatures by ProteomicsEmanuel Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2010..A combination of 2D electrophoresis with multidimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectroscopy will be employed to characterize protein changes, as well as, post-translational ..
- Epidemiological Research on Autism in Jamaica - Phase IIMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2013..samples will be analyzed for 92 of the 209 PCBs congeners and 18 OC pesticides using capillary column gas chromatography by a CDC-certified lab at the Division of Chemistry and Toxicology at Michigan Department of Community Health ..
- Triple Quadrupole/Linear Ion Trap LC-MS/MS for LPIJan Frederik Stevens; Fiscal Year: 2010..oxidative stress-, inflammation- and age-related diseases by acquiring an Applied Biosystems 5500 QTrap Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry System (5500 QTrap LC-MS/MS) for the sensitive detection, identification, and quantification ..
- Protein Handling By Renal Proximal Tubule Epithelial CellsNicholas Ferrell; Fiscal Year: 2013..be characterized under flow and static conditions using spinning disk confocal microscopy and size exclusion chromatography to determine if flow induced cytoskeletal remodeling alters the capacity for protein uptake, intracellular ..
- PTIP as an epigenetic regulator in male meiosisGuo Zhang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 2: Determine PTIP-interacting proteins in spermatocytes. We will employ immunoaffinity chromatography followed by mass spectrometry to identify PTIP's functional partners...
- MAP KINASE IN ISLET FUNCTIONMelanie H Cobb; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will evaluate candidates that may mediate the actions of these drugs identified by drug-affinity chromatography. Finally, we will continue to investigate ERK1/2-dependent signaling events that control insulin gene ..
- Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy and Myocardial Dysfunction in Type 1 DiabetesRODICA BUSUI POP-BUSUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..of small fiber dysfunction and microvascular disease: oxidative stress fingerprints as assessed by gas- chromatography/mass spectrometry, real-time qRT-PCR, poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation and deficits of intraepidermal ..
- Using PET isotopes to identify drug targets and to diagnose infectious diseasesPeter J Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2010..exposed to labeled drugs and fractionated under non-denaturing conditions using methods such as size-exclusion chromatography and isoelectric focusing with in-line radiation detection to identify fractions containing protein-drug ..
- Validation and Quantification of FFPE Antigen Retrieval by Proteome AnalysisXUPEING FANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..proteome techniques including two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and multidimensional liquid chromatography system, the lack of optimized methodologies for retrieving proteins from FFPE tissues further restricts the ..
- Biogenesis of lipoarabinomannan in mycobacteriaMary Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2013..phosphatidyl-myo-inositol;PIM, phosphatidyl-myo-inositol mannosides;TFA, trifluoroacetic acid;TLC, thin-layer chromatography. Nomenclature: PIM is used to describe the global family of phosphatidylinositol mannosides that carries one ..
- The role of trace metals and T-channels in painSlobodan M Todorovic; Fiscal Year: 2013..of this molecule using immobilized metal-affinity columns, reverse-phase high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), mass spectrometry and patch-clamp recordings of recombinant CaV3.2 T-currents...
- Heme Oxygenase Polymorphisms and Hepatopulmonary SyndromeKARI EVAN ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2012..rare (1-10%) genetic variation in conserved segments of the H01 promoter using denaturing high pressure liquid chromatography, and then examine the association of this variation with HPS...
- Hydroxynonenal induces glutathione synthesis through JNKHenry Jay Forman; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 1, we will identify potential TFs by DNA affinity chromatography and LC-MS/MS analysis and then use chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChiP) assays to identify the EpRE and TRE TF ..
- Manipulation of Host Angiogenesis as a Therapeutic Strategy against Invasive PulmDimitrios P Kontoyiannis; Fiscal Year: 2010..AMB concentrations will be measured in pulmonary tissue and in matrigel plugs using high performance liquid chromatography, and compared between groups of mice receiving AMB alone and groups receiving AMB plus VEGF and/or bFGF...
- REGULATION OF 15N UREA ISOTOPOMERS PRODUCTIONItzhak Nissim; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use 15N and/or 13C labeled precursors and state-of-the-art methodologies, including gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), MALDI-TOF-mass spectrometry, nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and techniques of ..
- Population-Based Reference Ranges for Estradiol and Estrone in MenVASAN S RAMACHANDRAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Total E1 and E2 levels will be measured using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) and free E1 and E2 will be calculated...
- Urine biomarkers of lupus nephritis pathology and response to therapyJames C Oates; Fiscal Year: 2013..tyrosines (Tyr) indicative of exposure to reactive intermediates will be detected by high performance liquid chromatography-electrochemical detection (HPLC-EC)...
- Global Proteomic Screening by MALDI Spectrometric Imaging of Protein-Bead ArraysMark Lim; Fiscal Year: 2012..with conventional mass spectrometry based proteomics such as two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and liquid chromatography are slow and not nearly as robust as the physical arraying/sorting of proteins inherent in a microarray...
- Children's Exposure to Flame Retardants: Effects on Thyroid Hormone RegulationHeather M Stapleton; Fiscal Year: 2012..also plans to develop and validate a new method to measure thyroid hormone levels and DI activity using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS-MS), which will use stable isotopes instead of radio-labeled isotopes used in ..
- Clostridium difficile Toxin Gene RegulationABRAHAM LINCOLN SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..general, unbiased searches for the relevant regulatory proteins will be carried out based on affinity chromatography. A fourth protein, TcdC, will be tested for its potential activity as an antagonist of TxeR...
- New composite material design based on studies of tooth-composite and microbial iJ Paul Santerre; Fiscal Year: 2013..the materials, as measured by the release of degradation products, will be assessed by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) combined with UV spectroscopy and mass spectrometry...
- Impact of Estrogens and Menopause on Interacting Monoamine Neurotransmitters in tJeffrey K Yao; Fiscal Year: 2013..in biological tissues. This is accomplished using state-of-the-art high-pressure liquid chromatography coupled with a 16-channel Coulometric Multi-Electrode Array System (HPLC-CMEAS) and capillary gas ..
- PPAR delta functions in liverChih Hao Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using unbiased, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) metabolomics approaches, we have identified 1-stearoyl-2- oleoyl-sn-glycero-3-..
- Oxidative stress in regional cerebral blood flow alterations after cardiac arrestMioara D Manole; Fiscal Year: 2012..we will measure 3-nitrotyrosine by ELISA and immunofluorescence, ascorbic acid by high liquid field chromatography, and reduced glutathione by fluorescence...
- Quercetin to enhance the bioavailability and activity of green tea polyphenolsSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2013..and methylated metabolites will be analyzed in blood and prostate tissue using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with coularray electrochemical detection (ECD)...
- C. trachomatis-mediated signaling pathways required for Type I IFN responsesJEFFREY RYAN BARKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..cyclase (DAC) protein CT012 and testing for conversion of radiolabeled ATP to c-di-AMP using thin layer chromatography. To complement this assay I will over express the putative phosphodiesterase recJ in MEFS and screen for the ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF FLUOROCARBON OXYGEN TRANSPORTLELAND CLARK; Fiscal Year: 1992..be measured by specific gravity, ultracentrifugation, centrifugation, combustion, and electron capture gas chromatography. Organ fluorocarbon content will be measured by combustion and by gas chromatography...
- Identification of biomarkers of fatty acid intakeHannia Campos; Fiscal Year: 2002..Technological advances in gas chromatography and fatty acid peak identification software now make it possible to study specific fatty acids in large ..
- PLASMA PROTEINS: MARKERS OF CHEMICAL EXPOSUREGHULAM ANSARI; Fiscal Year: 1991..of chemically modified amino acids in blood proteins such as al-proteinase inhibitor and hemoglobin using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry...
- NUCLEAR ACIDIC PROTEIN ANTIGENS IN RHEUMATIC DISEASESGORDON SHARP; Fiscal Year: 1990..patient sera, IgG, and murine and human monoclonal antibodes will be isolated by high performance liquid chromatography ion, exchange, gel filtration, and immunoaffinity chromatography, and by gel electrophoresis...
- Alkylammonium Formate Mobile Phase Modifiers for Protein Liquid ChromatographyNEIL DANIELSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..ionic liquids, alkylammonium formates (AAFs), as mobile phase alternatives to organic solvents for liquid chromatography (LC) of proteins...
- PROTEOGLYCAN SYNTHESIS DURING DEVELOPMENT AND AGINGArnold Caplan; Fiscal Year: 1999..Following partial enzymatic depolymerization of chains in each population, gel chromatography will be used to obtain the hexasaccharide component of the digestion products...
- MASS SPECTROMETER SYSTEM AND ACCESSORIESALAN NIES; Fiscal Year: 1990This proposal is for the purchase of a gas chromatography/mass spectrometry/data system that is capable of operating in both chemical ionization, negative ion mode (GC/NICI-MS) and electron impact ionization, positive ion mode...
- IMMUNE-LIKE PROTEINS OF INVERTEBRATESJOHN MARCHALONIS; Fiscal Year: 1993..specificity and chemical cleavage reagents such as CNBr with the resolution of peptides by gel filtration chromatography using high performance liquid chromatography and by reverse phase peptide chromatography...
- MATURATION OF LIVER FOR THE METABOLISM OF BILIRUBINGlenn Gourley; Fiscal Year: 1993..be isolated from the solubilized liver microsomes from the KCI gradient elutions of the initial anion-exchange chromatography of the B-UPDGt...
- Monoclonal Antibodies Against T-Regulatory CellsAlan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..lgG1 to create a fusion protein that can be produced in quantity and purified simply with Protein-A affinity chromatography. Purified human CD25-Fc will then be used in panning experiments using the MRC phage display library to ..
- GE Healthcare Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography FPLC product number 13470501.Jasti S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will utilize fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) to purify rAAVs...
- Refinement of LC/ESR/MS for Studying Lipid Free Radicals in Colon Cancer GrowthSteven Qian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Here, an innovative approach consisting of on-line Liquid Chromatography/Electron Spin Resonance (LC/ESR) and on-line Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) will be used for ..
- Acquisition of a Hybrid Quadrupole, Ion Mobility Separation, Orthogonal AcceleratSheng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Tandem Mass Spectrometer (Synapt HDMS), interfaced with a fully integrated ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (nanoAcquityUPLC) platform from Waters Corporation...