Summary: Implants constructed of materials designed to be absorbed by the body without producing an immune response. They are usually composed of plastics and are frequently used in orthopedics and orthodontics.
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of the second generation of a bioresorbable everolimus drug-eluting vascular scaffold for treatment of de novo coronary artery stenosis: six-month clinical and imaging outcomesPatrick W Serruys
Thoraxcenter, Ba 583, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 122:2301-12. 2010..Nevertheless, late luminal loss was less than that observed with bare metal stents. To maintain the mechanical integrity of the device up to 6 months, the scaffold design and manufacturing process of its polymer were modified...
- A bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting coronary stent system (ABSORB): 2-year outcomes and results from multiple imaging methodsPatrick W Serruys
Thorax Center, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet 373:897-910. 2009..We assessed the safety of the bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting stent (BVS)...
- Biolimus-eluting stent with biodegradable polymer versus sirolimus-eluting stent with durable polymer for coronary revascularisation (LEADERS): a randomised non-inferiority trialStephan Windecker
Department of Cardiology, and CTU Bern, Bern University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Lancet 372:1163-73. 2008..We compared the safety and efficacy of a biolimus-eluting stent (with biodegradable polymer) with a sirolimus-eluting stent (with durable polymer)...
- In vivo corrosion of four magnesium alloys and the associated bone responseF Witte
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Anna von Borries Str 1 7, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biomaterials 26:3557-63. 2005..From the results of this study, there is a strong rationale that in this research model, high magnesium ion concentration could lead to bone cell activation...
- Three-year results from a preclinical implantation study of a long-term resorbable surgical mesh with time-dependent mechanical characteristicsH Hjort
Novus Scientific, Rapsgatan 25, Uppsala, Sweden
Hernia 16:191-7. 2012....
- Periodontal regenerationHom Lay Wang
J Periodontol 76:1601-22. 2005..Targeted audiences for this paper are periodontists and/or researchers with an interest in improving the predictability of regenerative procedures. This paper replaces the version published in 1993...
- Equivalence randomized controlled trial of bioresorbable versus titanium miniplates in treatment of mandibular fracture: a pilot studyKrushna Bhatt
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, CDER, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1842-8. 2010..The study design was a randomized, controlled, equivalence trial...
- Improved safety and reduction in stent thrombosis associated with biodegradable polymer-based biolimus-eluting stents versus durable polymer-based sirolimus-eluting stents in patients with coronary artery disease: final 5-year report of the LEADERS (LimusPatrick W Serruys
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 6:777-89. 2013..This study sought to report the final 5 years follow-up of the landmark LEADERS (Limus Eluted From A Durable Versus ERodable Stent Coating) trial...
- Hydrogel swelling as a trigger to release biodegradable polymer microneedles in skinMinyoung Kim
College of BioNano Technology and Gachon BioNano Research Institute, Gachon University, Seongnam si, Gyeonggi do 461 701, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 33:668-78. 2012..Model drugs encapsulated in biodegradable polymer microneedles and hydrogel microparticles were successfully delivered by releasing microneedles into the skin...
- Functional living trileaflet heart valves grown in vitroS P Hoerstrup
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, MA, USA
Circulation 102:III44-9. 2000..This study used an in vitro pulse duplicator system to provide a biomimetic environment during tissue formation to yield more mature implantable heart valves derived from autologous tissue...
- Membrane durability and tissue response of different bioresorbable barrier membranes: a histologic study in the rabbit calvariumThomas von Arx
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 20:843-53. 2005..The objective of the present study was to histologically evaluate barrier durability and host tissue response of new prototype collagen membranes in comparison to clinically available collagen and synthetic polymer membranes...
- Initial evidence for the return of coronary vasoreactivity following the absorption of bioabsorbable magnesium alloy coronary stentsGopal Ghimire
Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
EuroIntervention 4:481-4. 2009....
- Evaluation of the skin sensitizing potential of biodegradable magnesium alloysFrank Witte
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 86:1041-7. 2008..We conclude that no skin sensitizing potential were detected for standard materials as well as for all tested magnesium alloys by the used methods...
- Bridging small-gap peripheral nerve defects using biodegradable chitin conduits with cultured schwann and bone marrow stromal cells in ratsPeixun Zhang
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
J Reconstr Microsurg 21:565-71. 2005....
- Assessment of the absorption process following bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting stent implantation: temporal changes in strain values and tissue composition using intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency data analysis. A substudy of the ABSORB clinical triHector M Garcia-Garcia
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 4:443-8. 2009....
- A bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting coronary stent system for patients with single de-novo coronary artery lesions (ABSORB): a prospective open-label trialJohn A Ormiston
Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Lancet 371:899-907. 2008..We assessed the feasibility and safety of this BVS stent...
- Intracoronary optical coherence tomography and histology at 1 month and 2, 3, and 4 years after implantation of everolimus-eluting bioresorbable vascular scaffolds in a porcine coronary artery model: an attempt to decipher the human optical coherence tomoYoshinobu Onuma
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 122:2288-300. 2010..We therefore report OCT findings with corresponding histology in the porcine coronary artery model immediately after and at 28 days and 2, 3, and 4 years after BVS implantation...
- Fast setting calcium phosphate-chitosan scaffold: mechanical properties and biocompatibilityHockin H K Xu
Paffenbarger Research Center, American Dental Association Foundation, USA
Biomaterials 26:1337-48. 2005..The highly porous scaffold may facilitate bone ingrowth and implant fixation in vivo. In addition, the two to three times increase in strength may help extend the use of CPC to larger repairs in moderately stress-bearing locations...
- Bioresorbable composite bone paste using polysaccharide based nano hydroxyapatiteR Murugan
Nanobioengineering Laboratory, Division of Bioengineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative, National University of Singapore, 9 Engineering Drive 1, Singapore 117576, Singapore
Biomaterials 25:3829-35. 2004..These findings suggest that the HA/chitosan composites may have a great impact on human health care systems as bioresorbable bone substitute...
- Femoral bioabsorbable cross-pin fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructionJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Arthroscopy 23:1093-9. 2007....
- Collagen as a carrier for on-site delivery of antibacterial drugsZbigniew Ruszczak
INNOCOLL GmbH, Saal, Germany
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 55:1679-98. 2003..Recent efforts in the use of collagen and collagen-synthetic polymer composites for controlled drug delivery as well as collagen-based diffusion membranes for prolonged drug release have also been included in this review...
- Comparison of titanium and biodegradable miniplates for fixation of mandibular fracturesHyo Bin Lee
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chosun University College of Dentistry, GwanJu City, Korea
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2065-9. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to compare the use of biodegradable miniplates and titanium miniplates for the fixation of mandibular fractures...
- Biodegradable stents: they do their job and disappearRon Waksman
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 18:70-4. 2006..Thus, the concept of bioabsorbable stents has emerged as an alternative to permanent metal stents. This review will outline concepts, material designs, preclinical, and initial clinical experimental studies with bioabsorbable stents...
- First absorbable metal stent implantation in human coronary arteriesDirk Bose
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Am Heart Hosp J 4:128-30. 2006
- A novel approach to temporary stenting: degradable cardiovascular stents produced from corrodible metal-results 6-18 months after implantation into New Zealand white rabbitsM Peuster
Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Intensive Care, Children s Hospital, Georg August University, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37085 Goettingen, Germany
Heart 86:563-9. 2001..To determine whether corrodible materials may be safely used as biodegradable cardiovascular implants...
- Biolimus-eluting biodegradable polymer-coated stent versus durable polymer-coated sirolimus-eluting stent in unselected patients receiving percutaneous coronary intervention (SORT OUT V): a randomised non-inferiority trialEvald Høj Christiansen
Department of Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus, Denmark
Lancet 381:661-9. 2013..We aimed to further investigate the effects of a biodegradable polymer biolimus-eluting stent compared with a durable polymer-coated sirolimus-eluting stent in a population-based setting...
- Degradable copolymer based on amphiphilic N-octyl-N-quatenary chitosan and low-molecular weight polyethylenimine for gene deliveryChengchu Liu
Department of Biopharmaceutics, College of Food Science and Technology, Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:5339-50. 2012..In order to develop a new type of gene vector with high transfection efficiency and low cytotoxicity, amphiphilic chitosan was synthesized and linked with low-molecular weight polyethylenimine (PEI)...
- Biodegradable implants in sports medicine: the biological baseA Weiler
Division of Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy, Department of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Virchow Clinic, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Arthroscopy 16:305-21. 2000..A standardized classification system to document and treat possible adverse tissue reactions is given, with special regard to extra-articular and intra-articular soft-tissue response and to osteolytic lesions...
- Intrascleral outflow after deep sclerectomy with absorbable and non-absorbable implants in the rabbit eyeJakub J Kałuzny
Department of Ophthalmology, Collegium Medicum, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Bydgoszcz, Poland
Med Sci Monit 18:BR402-8. 2012..of intrascleral drainage vessels formed in rabbits' eyes after non-penetrating deep sclerectomy (NPDS) with absorbable and non-absorbable implants, and comparison to eyes in which surgery was performed without implanted material.
- Fabrication of balloon-expandable self-lock drug-eluting polycaprolactone stents using micro-injection molding and spray coating techniquesShih Jung Liu
Biomaterials Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chang Gung University, 259, Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
Ann Biomed Eng 38:3185-94. 2010..By adopting the novel techniques, we will be able to fabricate biodegradable drug-eluting PCL stents of different sizes for various cardiovascular applications...
- Safety and efficacy of biodegradable vs. durable polymer drug-eluting stents: evidence from a meta-analysis of randomised trialsEliano Pio Navarese
Department of Cardiology and Internal Medicine, Ludwik Rydygier Collegium Medicum, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Bydgoszcz, Poland
EuroIntervention 7:985-94. 2011..The aim of this study was to perform a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials (RCTs) comparing the safety and efficacy profile of BDS vs. durable polymer DES...
- Vivosorb as a barrier membrane in rat mandibular defects. An evaluation with transversal microradiographyE J Hoogeveen
University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:870-5. 2009..The ePTFE and collagen membranes performed equally well and better than the PDLLCL membrane during this experiment. It was concluded that a PDLLCL membrane is not suitable for clinical application in its current form...
- Interventional atrial septal defect closure using a totally bioresorbable occluder matrix: development and preclinical evaluation of the BioSTAR deviceChristian Jux
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Georg August University, Goettingen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:161-9. 2006..We sought to test the hypothesis that interventional atrial septal defect (ASD) closure can be performed safely and effectively using a bioresorbable occluder matrix...
- Novel fully bioabsorbable salicylate-based sirolimus-eluting stentRefat Jabara
Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
EuroIntervention 5:F58-64. 2009..We sought to evaluate a novel, fully bioabsorbable sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) synthesised entirely from a unique salicylic-acid polymer, in a clinically relevant animal model...
- Biodegradable stents and non-biodegradable stentsS Garg
Department of Interventional Thoraxcentre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Minerva Cardioangiol 57:537-65. 2009..This article will review the status of biodegradable stents, and these newer DES, during this exciting period in interventional cardiology as technology strives to develop the ideal coronary stent...
- A prospective randomized study of ACL-reconstructions using bone-patellar tendon-bone grafts fixed with bioabsorbable or metal interference screwsJon Olav Drogset
Trondheim University Hospital, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:753-9. 2011..Bioabsorbable screws are, at the expense of metal screws, increasingly used as fixation device in ACL-reconstructions. The possible advantages with bioabsorbable screws are better postoperative MRI evaluations and easier revision surgery...
- Three-year results of clinical follow-up after a bioresorbable everolimus-eluting scaffold in patients with de novo coronary artery disease: the ABSORB trialYosinobu Onuma
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 6:447-53. 2010..Nevertheless, the long-term safety and efficacy of this novel therapy remain to be documented...
- Chest wall reconstruction with two types of biodegradable polymer prostheses in dogsXiong Qin
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Chang Zheng Hospital, 2nd Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 34:870-4. 2008..Currently, the choice of chest wall prosthesis remains a challenging problem for thoracic and reconstructive surgeons. The purpose of this study is to investigate the feasibility of newly developed biodegradable prostheses...
- Resorbable distraction of the mandible: technical evolution and clinical experienceFernando D Burstein
Emory University Plastic Surgery Division, Center for Craniofacial Disorders, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Craniofac Surg 19:637-43. 2008....
- Initial fixation strength of two bioabsorbable pins for the fixation of hamstring grafts compared to interference screw fixation: single cycle and cyclic loadingThore Zantop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Christian Albrechts University Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Am J Sports Med 32:641-9. 2004..During the early postoperative period, the fixation of a hamstring graft to the bone tunnel is the primary factor in limiting rehabilitation...
- Engineering angiogenesis following spinal cord injury: a coculture of neural progenitor and endothelial cells in a degradable polymer implant leads to an increase in vessel density and formation of the blood-spinal cord barrierMillicent Ford Rauch
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Yale University, Malone Engineering Center 311, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Eur J Neurosci 29:132-45. 2009..This work provides a novel method to induce angiogenesis following spinal cord injury and a foundation for studying its role in repair...
- Treatment of anterior cruciate ligament injuries with special reference to surgical technique and rehabilitation: an assessment of randomized controlled trialsDaniel Andersson
Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Molndal, Sweden
Arthroscopy 25:653-85. 2009..A secondary aim was to clarify relative strengths and weaknesses of the selected studies, resolve literature conflicts, and finally, evaluate the need for further studies...
- 6-month clinical outcomes following implantation of the bioresorbable everolimus-eluting vascular scaffold in vessels smaller or larger than 2.5 mmRoberto Diletti
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:258-64. 2011..We investigated the 6-month clinical outcomes after implantation of second-generation 3.0-mm bioresorbable everolimus-eluting vascular scaffolds (BVS) in small coronary vessels (<2.5 mm)...
- BioSTAR Evaluation STudy (BEST): a prospective, multicenter, phase I clinical trial to evaluate the feasibility, efficacy, and safety of the BioSTAR bioabsorbable septal repair implant for the closure of atrial-level shuntsMichael J Mullen
Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, SW3 6NP, England, United Kingdom
Circulation 114:1962-7. 2006..BioSTAR is a novel, bioabsorbable, atrial septal repair implant. This phase I pilot study evaluates the feasibility, safety, and effectiveness of BioSTAR for the first time in humans...
- Outcomes of osteochondral lesions of the knee repaired with a bioabsorbable deviceJoshua S Dines
Sports Medicine Service, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
Arthroscopy 24:62-8. 2008..We sought to evaluate the functional and radiographic outcome of osteochondral lesions involving the femoral condyle that were arthroscopically repaired via a bioabsorbable fixation device made of self-reinforced poly-L-lactic acid...
- The twelve-month outcomes of a biolimus eluting stent with a biodegradable polymer compared with a sirolimus eluting stent with a durable polymerScot Garg
Department of Interventional Cardiology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 6:233-9. 2010..This study reports the 12-month clinical outcomes of the LEADERS clinical trial which compared a biolimus eluting stent with a biodegradable polymer (BES) to a sirolimus eluting stent with a durable polymer (SES)...
- Arthroscopic fixation of anterior cruciate ligament tibial avulsion fractures using bioabsorbable suture anchorsYong In
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:286-9. 2008..All patients showed bony union without anterior laxity or flexion contracture. The described technique provides firm fixation of fracture fragment and can be used in both skeletally immature and mature patients...
- Strut coverage and vessel wall response to a new-generation paclitaxel-eluting stent with an ultrathin biodegradable abluminal polymer: Optical Coherence Tomography Drug-Eluting Stent Investigation (OCTDESI)Giulio Guagliumi
Division of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Department, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Italy
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 3:367-75. 2010..Using optical coherence tomography (OCT) as a primary imaging modality, we assessed the proportion of uncovered struts at 6-month follow-up in PES coated with durable versus ultrathin (<1 microm) biodegradable abluminal polymers...
- First successful implantation of a biodegradable metal stent into the left pulmonary artery of a preterm babyPeter Zartner
Deutsches Kinderherzzentrum Sankt Augustin, Sankt Augustin, Germany
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:590-4. 2005..Bioabsorbable stents with different diameters may help develop new strategies in the therapy of vessel stenosis in pediatric patients...
- Use of a calcium sulfate-based bone graft substitute for benign bone lesionsS Gitelis
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Rush Medical College, Chicago, Ill 60612, USA
Orthopedics 24:162-6. 2001..Calcium sulfate is a well-tolerated, biodegradable, osteoconductive bone graft substitute. It is a reasonable alternative to autogenous bone graft for benign bone lesions...
- Biocorrosion of magnesium alloys: a new principle in cardiovascular implant technology?B Heublein
Hannover Medical School, Leibniz Laboratory for Biotechnology and Artificial Organs, Hannover, Germany
Heart 89:651-6. 2003..To develop and test a new concept of the degradation kinetics of newly developed coronary stents consisting of magnesium alloys...
- In vivo evaluation of stent strut distribution patterns in the bioabsorbable everolimus-eluting device: an OCT ad hoc analysis of the revision 1.0 and revision 1.1 stent design in the ABSORB clinical trialTakayuki Okamura
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 5:932-8. 2010..1) were introduced for the ABSORB Cohort B study in order to decrease recoil. The aim was to compare in vivo the strut distribution between the BVS revision 1.0 (Cohort A), and BVS revision 1.1 (Cohort B) designs...
- Safety and efficacy of bioabsorbable magnesium alloy stents in porcine coronary arteriesRon Waksman
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:607-17; discussion 618-9. 2006....
- A comparative study of barrier membranes as graft protectors in the treatment of localized bone defects. An experimental study in a canine modelFranci Stavropoulos
Center for Implant Dentistry, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, FL, USA
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:435-42. 2004..The authors conclude that the PGA : TMC membrane protected the DFDB-filled defect and allowed a greater amount of bone regeneration than the defect protected by the collagen membrane or the control...
- Bioabsorbable versus metallic interference screw fixation in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsChao Shen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai, China
Arthroscopy 26:705-13. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the outcomes between bioabsorbable and metallic screw fixation in anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction...
- Comparative analysis of collagen membranes for the treatment of implant dehiscence defectsTae Ju Oh
Department of Periodontics Prevention Geriatrics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:80-90. 2003....
- Preparation and characterization of rapamycin-loaded PLGA coating stentC J Pan
Key Lab for Advanced Technologies of Materials of Ministry of Education, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu 610031, China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:2193-8. 2007..Take into these results account, this novel rapamycin-eluting may be a good candidate to resolve in-stent restenosis...
- Comparison of the bioabsorbable and metal screw fixation after ACL reconstruction with a hamstring autograft in MRI and clinical outcome: a prospective randomized studyAnna Stina Moisala
Division of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Department of Trauma, Musculoskeletal Surgery and Rehabilitation, Tampere University Hospital, Medical School, University of Tampere, Teiskontie 35, 33014, Tampere, Finland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:1080-6. 2008..The use of bioabsorbable screws resulted in more femoral tunnel widening, and more graft failures compared to metal screws. The tunnel widening in the tibia was associated with the knee laxity (P=0.02)...
- Complications after zygoma fracture fixation: is there a difference between biodegradable materials and how do they compare with titanium osteosynthesis?Gert Wittwer
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 101:419-25. 2006..Different systems are commercially available. The aim of this study was to compare the clinical outcome of zygomatic fracture fixation using 3 biodegradable systems and a titanium osteosynthesis system...
- Comparison of titanium and resorbable copolymer fixation after Le Fort I maxillary impactionWalinder S Dhol
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:67-73. 2008..The purpose of this study was to investigate the stability of a resorbable copolymer as a potential alternative to titanium for fixation of Le Fort I maxillary impaction...
- Healing patterns of critical size bony defects in rat following bone graftN Mokbel
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Université Saint Joseph, Beirut, Lebanon
Oral Maxillofac Surg 12:73-8. 2008..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the healing patterns of critical size calvarial bony defects treated with different bone substitutes and to compare them to an autogenous graft and an ungrafted control group...
- Update on bioabsorbable stents: from bench to clinicalRon Waksman
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Interv Cardiol 19:414-21. 2006..Bioabsorbable stents are considered the next frontier of stenting and we will discuss their potential to fulfill this promise in interventional cardiology...
- Segment stability in bimaxillary orthognathic surgery after resorbable Poly(L-lactide-co-glycolide) versus titanium osteosynthesesConstantin A Landes
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Plastic Facial Surgery, University Medical Centre, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Craniofac Surg 18:1216-29. 2007....
- Comparative study of skeletal stability between bicortical resorbable and titanium screw fixation after sagittal split ramus osteotomy for mandibular prognathismJun Young Paeng
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 40:660-4. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the skeletal stability of bicortical resorbable screw fixation after sagittal split ramus osteotomies for mandibular prognathism...
- Axon regeneration through scaffold into distal spinal cord after transectionBing Kun Chen
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:1759-71. 2009..The pattern of myelination, with extracellular collagen and basal lamina, was characteristic of SC myelination. Our results show that FB labeling is an effective way to measure the origin of regenerating axons...
- A randomized clinical trial of biodegradable and titanium fixation systems in maxillofacial surgeryG J Buijs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Medical Centre Groningen, University of Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Dent Res 91:299-304. 2012..The benefits of using biodegradable systems (fewer plate removal operations) should be confirmed during a follow-up of minimally 5 years (Controlled-trials.com ISRCTN number 44212338)...
- Evaluation of bone formation after sagittal split ramus osteotomy with bent plate fixation using computed tomographyKoichiro Ueki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 67:1062-8. 2009..To evaluate bone formation between the proximal and distal segments after a sagittal split ramus osteotomy (SSRO) with bent plate fixation...
- Fixation of the chevron osteotomy with an absorbable copolymer pin for treatment of hallux valgus deformityDavid S Caminear
Connecticut Orthopaedic Specialists, PC, Hamden, CT, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 44:203-10. 2005..001) postoperatively. In 1 procedure, a giant cell granuloma developed that was treated with debridement. Overall, these results were comparable to those derived from the use of other methods of fixation used for bunionectomies...
- Cyclic loading of rotator cuff repairs: A comparison of bioabsorbable tacks with metal suture anchors and transosseous suturesV K Goradia
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
Arthroscopy 17:360-4. 2001..However, additional evaluation in an animal model to examine degradation characteristics and sustained strength of repair is recommended before clinical use...
- New drug-eluting stent conceptsRainer Wessely
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Evangelisches Bethesda Johanniter Klinikum, 47228 Duisburg, Germany
Nat Rev Cardiol 7:194-203. 2010..Efforts to develop this technology further will greatly enhance the outcome for patients with coronary artery disease...
- In vivo degradation behavior of photo-cross-linked star-poly(epsilon-caprolactone-co-D,L-lactide) elastomersBrian G Amsden
Departments of Chemical Engineering and of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Biomacromolecules 7:365-72. 2006..The elastomers were well tolerated by the rats over the 12 week period in vivo...
- Self-reinforced biodegradable screw fixation compared with titanium screw fixation in mandibular advancementTimothy A Turvey
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 7450, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:40-6. 2006..The study groups included patients stabilized with 2-mm self-reinforced polylactate (PLLDL 70/30), biodegradable screws (group B), and 2-mm titanium screws placed in a positional fashion (group T)...
- Prefabricated nerve conduits advance histomorphological and functional outcomes in nerve regeneration of the sciatic nerve of the ratJ Rustemeyer
Department of Cranio and Maxillofacial Surgery, Klinikum Bremen Mitte, 28177 Bremen, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:889-96. 2010..Conduits and isografts did not reach the morphological or functional levels of untreated or sham-operated animals. The results suggest preferential conduits should be used for nerve reconstruction...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Novel magnetic resonance-compatible coronary stent: the absorbable magnesium-alloy stentHolger Eggebrecht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Circulation 112:e303-4. 2005
- Le Fort I miniplate osteosynthesis: a randomized, prospective study comparing resorbable PLLA/PGA with titaniumS E Norholt
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, Norrebrogade 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:245-52. 2004..There were two cases of infection and wound dehiscence in the LactoSorb group, whereas titanium osteosynthesis was more often palpable after 6-12 months and required surgical removal in three cases...
- A corrosion model for bioabsorbable metallic stentsJ A Grogan
National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Acta Biomater 7:3523-33. 2011..The effects of homogeneous and heterogeneous corrosion processes on long-term stent scaffolding ability are contrasted based on model predictions...
- Protection of stapled colorectal anastomoses with a biodegradable device: the C-Seal feasibility studyJoé L Kolkert
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Surg 201:754-8. 2011..A colorectal anastomotic leak can be life-threatening. We have assessed the feasibility of a new intraluminal biodegradable bypass device that we designed to avoid anastomotic leakage and the necessity of a temporary stoma...
- OrbusNeich fully absorbable coronary stent platform incorporating dual partitioned coatingsRobert J Cottone
Department of Advanced Research and Development, OrbusNeich Medical, Inc 5363 NW 35th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, USA
EuroIntervention 5:F65-71. 2009..This paper provides a brief overview of the various innovations developed by OrbusNeich to create this fully absorbable coronary device platform...
- A randomized controlled trial of resorbable versus titanium fixation for orthognathic surgeryLim Kwong Cheung
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:386-97. 2004..To determine any differences in the intra- and postoperative morbidities and complications between resorbable and titanium plating systems for fixation in orthognathic surgery...
- INION compared with titanium osteosynthesis: a prospective investigation of the treatment of mandibular fracturesH Leonhardt
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 46:631-4. 2008..At 6 months a dense swelling developed in some patients in the INION group as a result of biodegradation of the plates. INION plates were biocompatible and strong enough to treat mandibular fractures...
- Preliminary assessment of skeletal stability after sagittal split mandibular advancement using a bioresorbable fixation systemN S Matthews
The West of Scotland Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 41:179-84. 2003..We conclude that bioresorbable SR-PLLA screws are comparable to metallic screws for fixation of bone after sagittal split mandibular advancement...
- Delayed foreign-body reaction to absorbable implants in metacarpal fracture treatmentPanagiotis K Givissis
1st Department of Orthopaedics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, G Papanikolaou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:3377-83. 2010..This has led to the development of stronger devices with improved durability. However, the modern implants have raised concerns about potential late-occurring adverse reactions...
- Tissue response to polyglycolide, polydioxanone, polylevolactide, and metallic pins in cancellous bone: An experimental study on rabbitsHarri Pihlajamaki
Research Institute of Military Medicine, Central Military Hospital, P O Box 50, FIN 00301 Helsinki, Finland
J Orthop Res 24:1597-606. 2006..The small-volume pins obviously did not exceed the local tissue tolerance and clearing capacity of the bone...
- Early dural reaction to polylactide in cranial defects in rabbitsAndreas A Mueller
AO Research Institute, Davos, and Clinic for Reconstructive Surgery, Division of Cranio Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Pediatr Neurosurg 41:285-91. 2005..A few giant cells were found at the cover-to-dura interface in equal numbers for both covers. Dural bone formation was present in 15 of 16 rabbits and progressed unhindered by the defect cover or its early degradation products...
- Intravascular bioresorbable polymeric stents: a potential alternative to current drug eluting metal stentsTahmer Sharkawi
Artificial Biopolymer Research Center, UMR CNRS 5473, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montpellier 1, 15 av Charles Flahaut, 34093 Montpellier, Cedex, France
J Pharm Sci 96:2829-37. 2007..An up to date commented review of published data concerning BPS is presented. Considerations are given on using BPS as local drug delivery systems as well as on evaluating BPS performances...
- Bioresorbable scaffold technologiesYosinobu Onuma
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circ J 75:509-20. 2011..In addition, we will discuss the ideal duration of bioresorption, the proven and potential clinical benefits and future perspectives of this rapidly progressing technology...
- Challenges related to development of bioabsorbable vascular stentsJoseph Berglund
Science and Technology, Medtronic CardioVascular, 3576 Unocal Place, Santa Rosa, CA 95403, USA
EuroIntervention 5:F72-9. 2009..We describe here the Medtronic CardioVascular bioabsorbable program which focuses on developing a degradable stent for superficial femoral arteries that targets degradation in less than 12 months...
- Use of a biodegradable self-expanding stent in the management of a benign oesophageal stricture in a catI Battersby
Manor Farm Business Park, Higham Gobion, Herts, UK
J Small Anim Pract 51:49-52. 2010..Fluoroscopic examination performed four months after placement indicated that the stent was no longer present and the cervical oesophagus was able to pass boluses of canned food with no signs of obstruction...
- Monitoring in vivo absorption of a drug-eluting bioabsorbable stent with intravascular ultrasound-derived parameters a feasibility studyNico Bruining
Thoraxcenter, Department of Cardiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 3:449-56. 2010....
- Evaluation of a prototype trilayer membrane (PTLM) for lateral ridge augmentation: an experimental study in the canine mandibleT von Arx
Department of Oral Surgery, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:190-9. 2002..In addition, these reactions appeared to provoke subsequent resorption of newly formed bone. No such findings were seen in ePTFE sites. The tested prototype membrane cannot be recommended for clinical application...
- Comparison of two resorbable membrane systems in bone regeneration after removal of wisdom teeth: a randomized-controlled clinical pilot studyRoger A Zwahlen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prince Philip Dental Hospital and Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:1084-91. 2009..To compare the performance and safety of Inion GTR(TM) Biodegradable Membrane System and Geistlich resorbable bilayer Bio-Gide((R)) membrane in human bone regeneration...
- A comparison of temporary self-expanding plastic and biodegradable stents for refractory benign esophageal stricturesPetra G A van Boeckel
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:653-9. 2011..It is a challenge to manage refractory benign esophageal strictures (RBES). We compared the efficacy and safety of self-expanding plastic stents (SEPSs) with placement of biodegradable stents for the treatment of RBES...
- Bio-degradation of a resorbable collagen membrane (Bio-Gide) applied in a double-layer technique in ratsAvital Kozlovsky
Department of Periodontology, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:1116-23. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate histologically the bio-degradation of two layers of Bio-Gide((R)) (BG) membrane, as compared with that of a single layer...
- Late tamponade secondary to aortic root perforation by BioSTAR septal closure deviceMustafa Cikirikcioglu
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospitals and Medical Faculty of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 91:604-6. 2011..Although late complications related with BioSTAR are rare, the presentation may be dramatic. A high index of suspicion and quick intervention is often lifesaving...
- Electrospun polydioxanone-elastin blends: potential for bioresorbable vascular graftsS A Sell
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Biomed Mater 1:72-80. 2006..Electrospinning of the PDO and elastin-blended composite into a conduit for use as a small diameter vascular graft has extreme potential and warrants further investigation as it thus far compares favorably to native vessel...
- Biopolymers and biodegradable smart implants for tissue regeneration after spinal cord injuryLiudmila N Novikova
Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Umea University, Sweden
Curr Opin Neurol 16:711-5. 2003..This article reviews recent experimental advances in the development of biosynthetic implants for repair of spinal cord injury...
- A randomised, multi-centre, prospective, double blind pilot-study to evaluate safety and efficacy of the non-absorbable Optilene Mesh Elastic versus the partly absorbable Ultrapro Mesh for incisional hernia repairChristoph Seiler
University of Heidelberg, Department of Surgery, Germany
BMC Surg 10:21. 2010..The aim of this study is to evaluate, if a non-absorbable mesh (Optilene Mesh Elastic) will result in better health outcomes compared to a partly absorbable mesh (Ultrapro Mesh)...
- Biodegradable fibrin conduit promotes long-term regeneration after peripheral nerve injury in adult ratsJonas Pettersson
Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section of Anatomy, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 63:1893-9. 2010..The present results suggest that a tubular fibrin conduit can be used to promote neuronal regeneration following peripheral nerve injury...
- A comparison of the results of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using bioabsorbable versus metal interference screws: a meta-analysisChristopher E Emond
Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:572-80. 2011..Our hypothesis was that there is no significant difference in outcomes between these screw types for ACL reconstruction...
- Mandibular distraction osteogenesis in Pierre Robin sequence: application of a new internal single-stage resorbable deviceFernando D Burstein
Center for Craniofacial Disorders, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, and the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:61-7; discussion 68-9. 2005..The final tracheostomy status in one patient will be determined after surgery for gastroesophageal reflux. There were no major complications and no structural device failures...
- Comparison between the first and second generation bioresorbable vascular scaffolds: a six month virtual histology studySalvatore Brugaletta
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 6:1110-6. 2011..To compare the intravascular ultrasound virtual histology (IVUS-VH) appearance of the polymeric struts of the first (Revision 1.0) and the second (Revision 1.1) generation bioresorbable vascular scaffold (BVS)...
- LONG TERM NERVE REGENERATION THROUGH COLLAGEN DEVICESIoannis Yannas; Fiscal Year: 2001..These data will be useful for all investigators studying the efficacy of devices for peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- LONG TERM NERVE REGENERATION THROUGH COLLAGEN DEVICESIoannis Yannas; Fiscal Year: 2002..These data will be useful for all investigators studying the efficacy of devices for peripheral nerve regeneration. ..
- Regenerative Healing Using ECM Based ScaffoldsIoannis Yannas; Fiscal Year: 2009..An attempt will be made to elucidate the mechanism of contraction blocking during healing of injured nerves, and to find out an association, if any, with induced regeneration. ..
- Simultaneous fMRI and Electrophysiology in Visual SystemGiorgio Bonmassar; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final system for general electrophysiology during MRI will become a high impact tool for vision research, given the worldwide lack of commercially available MR-compatible systems for electrophysiological recording. ..
- Imageable tumor-targeting bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Minimally-Invasive Image-Guided Therapy for Cancer TreatmentZheng Rong Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Addition of tumor-targeting agents and improved delivery systems should result in better outcomes and reduced damage to surrounding tissues. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biodegradable Macromolecular MRI Contrast AgentsZheng Rong Lu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Dual-color tumor-host imaging modelsMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..These models have significant commercial potential for discovery and development of stroma-targeted and anti-angiogenesis drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Therapeutic hair follicle-derived neurospheresMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hair- follicle bulge cells will be further characterized and developed for therapeutic potential for nerve regeneration in Phase III. [unreadable]..
- Novel Nanostructured Dental Glass-Ionomers for Advanced Dental RestorativesDong Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combined Chemoprevention Using a Nanotechnology-based Therapeutic SystemSunil Prabhu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Orchestrating Bone Regeneration on Multiple ScalesPeter X Ma; Fiscal Year: 2010..SA 3. Confirm that the multi-scaled and factor-releasing scaffolds (selected from Aims 1&2) afford a superior environment for vascularized bone regeneration in a rat critical defect model. ..
- Stem Cell Based Soft Tissue ReconstructionJeremy J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2010..An interdisciplinary team of biomedical engineers, biologists, biomaterial scientists, imaging scientists and surgical consultants have been assembled to meet the challenges of realizing our goals. ..
- Semiconductor Nanosensors for Label-Free Detection of Antigens and Cellular ImmunMark Reed; Fiscal Year: 2010..These nanosensors can replace current technology with a powerful solid-state device useful for rapid diagnosis in clinical settings. ..
- Novel Amino Acid-Based Glass-Ionomer BiomaterialsDong Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Therapy for Musculoskeletal RepairCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH--ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERTHOMAS DODSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award leverages the PI's skills and talents by providing protected time to mentor additional trainees and to conduct high quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Inhibitors of 5alpha-reductase for acne therapyLingna Li; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS: Liposomal 4-MA will be developed as a topical selectively targeted therapeutic for acne for which they should be a very market. ..
- RHOMOCYCSTEINASE FOR HOMOCYSTEINE ASSAYYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2002..The tHCY enzymatic kits for these applications will be ready for commercial launch at this point. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not Available ..
- COMBINATORIAL APPROACH TO BIOMATERIALS DESIGNJoachim Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Discovery of novel fluorescent reporter genesMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reporters with spectral properties that can be used for whole-body imaging of tumors in the lung and their metastases will be candidates for further development for numerous applications of multi-color imaging. ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMBRIAN STROM; Fiscal Year: 2004..I. and co-PI s in the three distinct aspects of Clinical Research targeted by this program represent particular features of this proposal. ..
- ENGINEERING CRANIOFACIAL OSTEOGENESIS--MECHANICAL FORCESJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Adenoviral GFP targeting of metastatic human tumors using multiple delivery routeHiroyuki Kishimoto; Fiscal Year: 2008..Having obtained these results, we can move forward in the Phase II grant application with experiments to bring OBP-401 to the clinic for use in cancer surgery in human patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enzyme therapy for hyperhomocysteinemiaYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Phase II results will lead to an IND for MEGC-PEG-rMETase for end stage renal disease patients and other patients with intractable hyperhomocysteinemia and high cardiovascular disease mortality. ..
- Targeted tumoricidal bacteriaMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Future human trials of the tumor-killing bacteria can be held after the Phase I and Phase II grant periods are completed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Concurrent EEG and fMRI Studies in Human Brain ActivityGiorgio Bonmassar; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose a series of simultaneous fMRI/EEG experiments that will investigate the spatial location and temporal processing of event-related potentials in the human brain. ..
- Orthotopic models of tumor angiogenesis and blood flowMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel DNA Delivery via Surface Bound Calcium PhosphatesJian Tan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The technology developed in this proposal will have important impact on basic research, biotech industry and gene therapy based medicine. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nano Fibers for ADME/ToxicologyPeter Ma; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Biodegradable Materials for Tissue EngineeringCato Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3: To perform biological evaluation of novel blends of polyphosphazenes with PLAGA using in vivo animal models. ..
- Functional Tissue Engineering of Articular CondyleJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The anticipated findings may have implications in the ultimate ex vivo fabrication of tissue-engineered articular condyles using cell-based regenerative approaches. ..
- Bioreactivity Markers in Total Hip ReplacmentsNadim Hallab; Fiscal Year: 2004..Additionally, variable immunologic responses induced by implant degradation products (i.e. lymphocyte response to metal ions and monocyte/macrophage response to particulate debris) will be correlated with the development of osteolysis ..
- Stem-Cell Based Tissue Engineering in Regenerative Medicine ConferenceJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cell-Driven Regeneration of the Mandibular JointJeremy Mao; Fiscal Year: 2006..The anticipated findings may have implications in the ultimate fabrication of functional, tissue-engineered human mandibular condyles using autologous human stem cells for clinical implantation. ..
- TRAINING IN TISSUE ENGINEERING & IMPLANT SCIENCEJoachim Kohn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Myocardial Replacement with Acellular Porcine SubmucosaKeith Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Considerable savings in health care costs and improvements in patient quality of life may concomitantly be achieved. ..
- SPRINT- Randomized Trial of Tibial Fracture FixationMarc Swiontkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..The large size of the trial will reveal a more reliable and precise estimate of the true effect of both treatments. The results from this trial will be useful in guiding clinical practice. ..
- GERIATRIC CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY TRAINING GRANTSTEVEN HALBERT; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., clinical trials, case control, cohort research, etc.), and the faculties' commitment to collaborative research. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tissue engineered osteochondral patella resurfacingJames Cook; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biomimetic Nano ScaffoldsPeter Ma; Fiscal Year: 2004..This knowledge will enable us to develop a predictable biomimetic scaffold for in vivo application and will be the basis for our planned R01 investigation. ..
- ENHANCED THERAPY RESPONSE IN OSTEOSARCOMAGENE DIRESTA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The MSKCC Therapeutics faculty believes that the ALS, if successful in this model, has promise as an adjunct for limb salvage procedures and in the treatment of many unresectable or disfiguring tumors. ..