Genomes and Genes
Summary: Small uniformly-sized spherical particles, of micrometer dimensions, frequently labeled with radioisotopes or various reagents acting as tags or markers.
Publications362 found, 100 shown here
- Gas foamed open porous biodegradable polymeric microspheresTaek Kyoung Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
Biomaterials 27:152-9. 2006Highly open porous biodegradable polymeric microspheres were fabricated for use as injectable scaffold microcarriers for cell delivery...
- The manufacturing techniques of various drug loaded biodegradable poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLGA) devicesR A Jain
NanoSystems, a Division of Elan Pharmaceutical Technologies, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Biomaterials 21:2475-90. 2000..Also, certain issues about other related biodegradable polyesters are discussed...
- Measurement of optical trapping forces by use of the two-photon-excited fluorescence of microspheresA V Kachynski
The Institute for Lasers, Photonics, and Biophotonics, State University of New York at Buffalo, 458 Natural Sciences Complex, Buffalo, New York 14260 3000, USA
Opt Lett 28:2288-90. 2003..calibration of laser trapping systems that utilizes two-photon-excited fluorescence of commercial dye-stained microspheres has been demonstrated...
- Artificial induction of autophagy around polystyrene beads in nonphagocytic cellsShouhei Kobayashi
Kobe Advanced ICT Research Center, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Iwaoka cho, Nishi ku, Kobe, Japan
Autophagy 6:36-45. 2010..In addition, the beads were subsequently transferred to lysosomes within a couple of hours. Our findings demonstrate the cellular responses that lead to autophagy in response to pathogen invasion...
- Chitosan microspheres as a potential carrier for drugsV R Sinha
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Int J Pharm 274:1-33. 2004..Various techniques used for preparing chitosan microspheres and evaluation of these microspheres have also been reviewed...
- Role of particle size in phagocytosis of polymeric microspheresJulie A Champion
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, California, 93106, USA
Pharm Res 25:1815-21. 2008Polymeric microspheres are extensively researched for applications in drug and vaccine delivery. However, upon administration into the body, microspheres are primarily cleared via phagocytosis by macrophages...
- Radioembolization for unresectable neuroendocrine hepatic metastases using resin 90Y-microspheres: early results in 148 patientsAndrew S Kennedy
Wake Radiology Oncology, Cary, NC 27511, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 31:271-9. 2008The use of 90Y-microspheres to treat unresectable liver metastases originating from a variety of neuroendocrine tumors was reviewed.
- Enhanced MSC chondrogenesis following delivery of TGF-β3 from alginate microspheres within hyaluronic acid hydrogels in vitro and in vivoLiming Bian
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, 240 Skirkanich Hall, 210 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Biomaterials 32:6425-34. 2011..Here, we investigated the co-encapsulation of TGF-β3 containing alginate microspheres with human MSCs in hyaluronic acid (HA) hydrogels towards the development of implantable constructs for ..
- Calcium phosphate cement with BMP-2-loaded gelatin microspheres enhances bone healing in osteoporosis: a pilot studyMeng Li
Orthopedic Trauma Institute of CPLA, Lanzhou General Hospital of CPLA, 333 Bing he nan Road, Lanzhou, 730050, Gansu Province, People s Republic of China
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1978-85. 2010..We therefore developed a composite bone substitute with rhBMP-2 loaded gelatin microsphere (GM) and calcium phosphate cement (CPC) to use in osteoporosis...
- Stabilization and encapsulation of recombinant human erythropoietin into PLGA microspheres using human serum albumin as a stabilizerJintian He
Hebei Normal University, Hebei Province, People s Republic of China he
Int J Pharm 416:69-76. 2011..this study was to prepare recombinant human erythropoietin (rhEPO) loaded poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres using human serum albumin (HSA) as a stabilizer...
- Holmium-166 radioembolization for the treatment of patients with liver metastases: design of the phase I HEPAR trialMaarten L J Smits
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, E01, 132, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:70. 2010Intra-arterial radioembolization with yttrium-90 microspheres ( 90Y-RE) is an increasingly used therapy for patients with unresectable liver malignancies...
- Protein-directed one-pot synthesis of Ag microspheres with good biocompatibility and enhancement of radiation effects on gastric cancer cellsPeng Huang
Department of Bio Nano Science and Engineering, Key Laboratory for Thin Film and Microfabrication Technology of Ministry of Education, National Key Laboratory of Micro Nano Fabrication Technology, Research Institute of Micro Nano Science and Technology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Nanoscale 3:3623-6. 2011Biocompatible Ag@BSA microspheres were successfully synthesized via one-pot reaction in aqueous phase at room temperature by using BSA as soft templates...
- Dosimetry based on 99mTc-macroaggregated albumin SPECT/CT accurately predicts tumor response and survival in hepatocellular carcinoma patients treated with 90Y-loaded glass microspheres: preliminary resultsEtienne Garin
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Comprehensive Cancer Institute Eugène Marquis, CS 44229, F 35042 Rennes, France
J Nucl Med 53:255-63. 2012Radioembolization of liver cancers using (90)Y-loaded microspheres is experiencing more widespread use. However, few data are available concerning the doses delivered to the tumors and the healthy liver...
- In vitro growth factor release from injectable calcium phosphate cements containing gelatin microspheresW J E M Habraken
Department of Periodontology and Biomaterials, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biomed Mater Res A 91:614-22. 2009..in previous experiments macroporosity was introduced by the in situ degradation of incorporated gelatin microspheres. Gelatin microspheres are also suitable carriers for osteoinductive drugs/growth factors, where release occurs ..
- Controlled-release and preserved bioactivity of proteins from (self-assembled) core-shell double-walled microspheresWeien Yuan
Department of Neurology, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai
Int J Nanomedicine 7:257-70. 2012..preserved protein bioactivities and protein sustained-release problems, a method for preparing double-walled microspheres with a core (protein-loaded nanoparticles with a polymer-suspended granule system-formed core) and a second ..
- Robust cell integration from co-transplantation of biodegradable MMP2-PLGA microspheres with retinal progenitor cellsJing Yao
Department of Ophthalmology, Eye and ENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical School, Fudan University, 83 Fenyang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Biomaterials 32:1041-50. 2011..and promote retinal repopulation, we co-transplanted biodegradable poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres that have the ability to deliver active MMP2 with retinal progenitor cells (RPCs) to the sub-retinal space of ..
- Chitosan-reinforced alginate microspheres obtained through the emulsification/internal gelation techniqueAntónio J Ribeiro
Laboratorio de Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Instituto Superior de Ciencias da Saude Norte, 4585 116 Gandra, Portugal
Eur J Pharm Sci 25:31-40. 2005Alginate microspheres prepared by emulsification/internal gelation were chosen as carriers for a model protein, hemoglobin (Hb)...
- Retention of in vitro and in vivo BMP-2 bioactivities in sustained delivery vehicles for bone tissue engineeringDiederik H R Kempen
Tissue Engineering and Biomaterials Laboratory, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biomaterials 29:3245-52. 2008..BMP-2 was incorporated into (1) a gelatin hydrogel, (2) poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres embedded in a gelatin hydrogel, (3) microspheres embedded in a poly(propylene fumarate) (PPF) scaffold and (4) ..
- The potential of mannosylated chitosan microspheres to target macrophage mannose receptors in an adjuvant-delivery system for intranasal immunizationHu Lin Jiang
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 29:1931-9. 2008A vaccine delivery system based on mannosylated chitosan microspheres (MCMs) was studied in vitro and in vivo. Bordetella bronchiseptica antigens containing dermonecrotoxin (BBD) were loaded in MCMs or chitosan microspheres (CMs)...
- Hepatic arterial 90Yttrium glass microspheres (Therasphere) for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: interim safety and survival data on 65 patientsBrian I Carr
Liver Cancer Center, Starzl Transplantation Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Liver Transpl 10:S107-10. 2004..A cohort of 65 patients with biopsy-proven unresectable HCC have been treated with hepatic arterial 90Yttrium microspheres (Therasphere), and the interim results are reported here...
- Radioembolization with selective internal radiation microspheres for neuroendocrine liver metastasesJulie King
Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cancer 113:921-9. 2008..In this study, the authors prospectively assessed the safety and efficacy of treatment with yttrium 90 ((90)Y) radioactive microspheres for patients with unresectable NETLMs.
- Recommendations for radioembolization of hepatic malignancies using yttrium-90 microsphere brachytherapy: a consensus panel report from the radioembolization brachytherapy oncology consortiumAndrew Kennedy
Wake Radiology Oncology, Cary, NC, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:13-23. 2007..To standardize the indications, techniques, multimodality treatment approaches, and dosimetry to be used for yttrium-90 (Y90) microsphere hepatic brachytherapy...
- In vitro uptake of polystyrene microspheres: effect of particle size, cell line and cell densityW Zauner
Cobra Therapeutics Ltd, The Science Park, Staffordshire, ST5 5SP, Keele, UK
J Control Release 71:39-51. 2001..Here we have characterized the ability of several cell lines to internalise labelled polystyrene microspheres of different sizes. All the cell lines tested ingested 20-nm microspheres avidly...
- Targeting to macrophages: role of physicochemical properties of particulate carriers--liposomes and microspheres--on the phagocytosis by macrophagesFakhrul Ahsan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech School of Pharmacy, 1300 Coulter, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
J Control Release 79:29-40. 2002..To date, the most extensively studied carriers are liposomes and microspheres. Various physicochemical properties of these carriers can alter their efficacy and specificity to a great ..
- Preparation of protein-loaded sustained-release microspheres via 'solid-in-oil-in-hydrophilic oil-in-ethanol (S/O/hO/E)' emulsificationWeien Yuan
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 79:326-33. 2010..After the embryonic microspheres loaded with the protein particles were formed in this hydrophilic "oil" phase, the formulation was transferred ..
- Synthesis of polystyrene microspheres and functionalization with Pd(0) nanoparticles to perform bioorthogonal organometallic chemistry in living cellsAsier Unciti-Broceta
Edinburgh Cancer Research UK Centre, Medical Research Council Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Nat Protoc 7:1207-18. 2012We have developed miniaturized heterogeneous Pd(0)-catalysts (Pd(0)-microspheres) with the ability to enter cells, stay harmlessly within the cytosol and mediate efficient bioorthogonal organometallic chemistries (e.g...
- A novel method for the induction of experimental glaucoma using magnetic microspheresPaulina A Samsel
School of Optometry, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:1671-5. 2011..The development of a method for the sustained elevation of intraocular pressure in experimental glaucoma based on the anterior chamber injection of paramagnetic microbeads...
- Colour-barcoded magnetic microparticles for multiplexed bioassaysHowon Lee
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shillim 9 Dong, Gwanak ku, Seoul 151 744, South Korea
Nat Mater 9:745-9. 2010..A DNA hybridization assay is done using the colour-barcoded magnetic microparticles to demonstrate multiplexing capabilities...
- Multifunctional alginate microspheres for biosensing, drug delivery and magnetic resonance imagingAbhijeet Joshi
Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, 400 076 Maharashtra, India
Acta Biomater 7:3955-63. 2011..were synthesized by the co-precipitation technique and loaded with the sensor and drug components into alginate microspheres using a commercial droplet generator...
- Radioembolization using 90Y-resin microspheres for patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinomaBruno Sangro
Liver Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:792-800. 2006To investigate the antitumor effect of resin microspheres loaded with 90-yttrium against hepatocellular carcinoma and their safety in the setting of liver cirrhosis.
- Safety and efficacy of 90Y radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with and without portal vein thrombosisLaura M Kulik
Department of Hepatology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Hepatology 47:71-81. 2008..carcinoma (HCC) with and without portal vein thrombosis underwent radioembolization with Yttrium ((90)Y) microspheres. Patients treated were stratified by Okuda, Child-Pugh, baseline bilirubin, tumor burden, Eastern Cooperative ..
- Encapsulation of Huh-7 cells within alginate-poly(ethylene glycol) hybrid microspheresRedouan Mahou
Institut d Ingénierie Biologique et Institut des Sciences et Ingénierie Chimiques, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, EPFL SV IBI LMRP, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Mater Sci Mater Med 23:171-9. 2012Novel calcium alginate poly(ethylene glycol) hybrid microspheres (Ca-alg-PEG) were developed and evaluated as potentially suitable materials for cell microencapsulation...
- Ionically cross-linked chitosan microspheres for controlled release of bioactive nerve growth factorWen Zeng
Institute of Orthopaedics, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Chang le Road No 145, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi, China
Int J Pharm 421:283-90. 2011..of the controlled release of bioactive nerve growth factor (NGF) with ionically cross-linked chitosan microspheres (NGF-CMSs)...
- Yttrium-90 microsphere radioembolization for the treatment of liver malignancies: a structured meta-analysisM A D Vente
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 19:951-9. 2009Radioembolization with yttrium-90 microspheres ((90)Y-RE), either glass- or resin-based, is increasingly applied in patients with unresectable liver malignancies...
- Factors affecting the loading efficiency of water-soluble drugs in PLGA microspheresFuminori Ito
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda, Chiba, Japan
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 61:25-9. 2008Poly(lactide-co-glycolide), PLGA, microspheres containing blue dextran as a hydrophilic model drug were prepared by a solvent evaporation method from w/o/w emulsions using a micro homogenizer...
- The biotin-streptavidin interaction can be reversibly broken using water at elevated temperaturesAnders Holmberg
Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
Electrophoresis 26:501-10. 2005....
- Using poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres to encapsulate plasmid of bone morphogenetic protein 2/polyethylenimine nanoparticles to promote bone formation in vitro and in vivoChunyan Qiao
Department of Pathology, School of Stomatology, Jilin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 8:2985-95. 2013..We demonstrated that pBMP-2/PEI nanoparticles could slowly release from the PLGA@pBMP-2/PEI microspheres for a long period of time...
- Biodegradable microspheres for protein deliveryV R Sinha
Department of Pharmaceutics, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, 160014 Chandigarh, India
J Control Release 90:261-80. 2003..In systemic delivery of proteins, biodegradable microspheres as parenteral depot formulation occupy an important place because of several aspects like protection of ..
- Osteopontin functions as an opsonin and facilitates phagocytosis by macrophages of hydroxyapatite-coated microspheres: implications for bone wound healingClaudio E Pedraza
Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Bone 43:708-16. 2008..acts as an opsonin and facilitates phagocytosis by macrophages of protein- and hydroxyapatite mineral-coated microspheres. Moreover, we have examined the opsonization effects of monomer OPN versus OPN polymerized (crosslinked) by ..
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization with epirubicin-loaded superabsorbent polymer microspheres for 135 hepatocellular carcinoma patients: single-center experienceAkihiko Seki
Department of Radiology, GateTower Institute for Image Guided Therapy, 1 Rinku Orai, Izumisano, Osaka, 598 0048, Japan
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 34:557-65. 2011..outcomes, and hepatic artery damage after transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE) with epirubicin-loaded superabsorbent polymer microspheres (ELM-TACE) in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in a single center in Japan.
- Preparation and immunological effectiveness of a Swine influenza DNA vaccine encapsulated in PLGA microspheresKai Zhao
Laboratory of Microbiology, College of Life Science, Heilongjiang University, Harbin, PR China
J Microencapsul 27:178-86. 2010..conditions of DNA vaccine against swine influenza encapsulated in Poly (D,L)-lactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) microspheres were determined...
- Accurate control of multishelled ZnO hollow microspheres for dye-sensitized solar cells with high efficiencyZhenghong Dong
State Key Laboratory of Multi Phase Complex Systems, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Adv Mater 24:1046-9. 2012A series of multishelled ZnO hollow microspheres with controlled shell number and inter-shell spacing have been successfully prepared by a simple carbonaceous microsphere templating method, whose large surface area and complex ..
- Preparation and characterization of PLGA microspheres by the electrospraying method for delivering simvastatin for bone regenerationSubrata Deb Nath
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Materials, Soonchunhyang University, Asan, South Korea
Int J Pharm 443:87-94. 2013..In this study, solid tiny PLGA microspheres were fabricated using the electrospraying method...
- Mathematical modeling of drug delivery from autocatalytically degradable PLGA microspheres--a reviewAshlee N Ford Versypt
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Control Release 165:29-37. 2013PLGA microspheres are widely studied for controlled release drug delivery applications, and many models have been proposed to describe PLGA degradation and erosion and drug release from the bulk polymer...
- Influence of PEG in PEG-PLGA microspheres on particle properties and protein releaseJ Buske
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Institute of Pharmacy, University of Bonn, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 81:57-63. 2012..b>Microspheres were prepared by the solvent evaporation technique using the same conditions for each formulation...
- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinomaBruno Sangro
Liver Unit, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Hepatol 56:464-73. 2012Radioembolization is a form of brachytherapy in which intra-arterially injected (90)Y-loaded microspheres serve as sources for internal radiation purposes...
- Complementary therapeutic effects of dual delivery of insulin-like growth factor-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor by gelatin microspheres in experimental heart failureAntonio Cittadini
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Sciences, University Federico II, Via Sergio Pansini 5, Naples, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1264-74. 2011..Our aim was to investigate the effects of sequential release of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) from biodegradable gelatin microspheres in experimental heart failure.
- Multiplex reverse transcription PCR Luminex assay for detection and quantitation of viral agents of gastroenteritisJie Liu
Divisions of Infectious Diseases and International Health, Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Clin Virol 50:308-13. 2011..Several viruses can cause diarrheal disease, a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Existing diagnostic methods include ELISA and nucleic acid amplification, usually performed individually...
- Preparation of anti-CD40 antibody modified magnetic PCL-PEG-PCL microspheresXiang Gao
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Center West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, P R China
J Biomed Nanotechnol 7:285-91. 2011Antibody modified magnetic polymeric microspheres have potential biomedical application...
- Transcatheter intraarterial therapies: rationale and overviewRobert J Lewandowski
Department of Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, 676 N St Clair St, Suite 800, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Radiology 259:641-57. 2011..As part of the interventional oncology review series, in this article we describe the rationale behind each of these transcatheter therapies and provide a review of the existing medical literature...
- Measuring integrated cellular mechanical stress response at focal adhesions by optical tweezersFrançois Bordeleau
Laval University, Center for Optics, Photonics and Lasers, Quebec, G1K 7P4, Canada
J Biomed Opt 16:095005. 2011..The differences in the forces from untreated and treated cells are resolved by the optical tweezers experiment...
- Trojan particles: large porous carriers of nanoparticles for drug deliveryN Tsapis
Department of Physics, and Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University, 9 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12001-5. 2002..The ability to produce LPNPs appears to be largely independent of molecular component type as well as the size or chemical nature of the NPs...
- Therapeutic equivalence in survival for hepatic arterial chemoembolization and yttrium 90 microsphere treatments in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma: a two-cohort studyBrian I Carr
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer 116:1305-14. 2010Intrahepatic arterial yttrium 90 ((90)Y) microspheres have been proposed as a less toxic, less invasive therapeutic option to transhepatic arterial chemoembolization (TACE) for patients with surgically unresectable hepatocellular ..
- Formation of ZnMn2O4 ball-in-ball hollow microspheres as a high-performance anode for lithium-ion batteriesGenqiang Zhang
TUM CREATE Centre for Electromobility, Singapore
Adv Mater 24:4609-13. 2012Novel ZnMn(2)O(4) ball-in-ball hollow microspheres are fabricated by a facile two-step method involving the solution synthesis of ZnMn-glycolate hollow microspheres and subsequent thermal annealing in air...
- Microfluidic emulsification and sorting assisted preparation of monodisperse chitosan microparticlesChih Hui Yang
Department of Biological Science and Technology, I Shou University, Taiwan
Lab Chip 9:145-50. 2009..In the future this apparatus can be used to fabricate size-controlled monodisperse microparticles to act as drug carriers for biotechnology and biomedicine applications...
- Highly porous large poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres adsorbed with palmityl-acylated exendin-4 as a long-acting inhalation system for treating diabetesHyunuk Kim
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Jangjun dong, Geumjeong Gu, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Biomaterials 32:1685-93. 2011A porous large poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres (MS) adsorbed with palmityl-acylated exendin-4 (Ex4-C(16)) was devised as an inhalation delivery system...
- Preparation of monodisperse biodegradable polymer microparticles using a microfluidic flow-focusing device for controlled drug deliveryQiaobing Xu
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachussets Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Small 5:1575-81. 2009..These results demonstrate the utility of microfluidic FF for the generation of homogenous systems of particles for the delivery of drugs...
- A new preparation method for protein loaded poly(D, L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres and protein release mechanism studyT G Park
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong dong Yusong gu, Taejon 305 701, South Korea
J Control Release 55:181-91. 1998..for encapsulating a model protein, lysozyme into hydrophilic uncapped poly(d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres was developed using an oil/water (O/W) single emulsion technique...
- The use of human mesenchymal stem cells encapsulated in RGD modified alginate microspheres in the repair of myocardial infarction in the ratJiashing Yu
University of California Berkeley and University of California San Francisco Joint Bioengineering Graduate Group, Berkeley San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Biomaterials 31:7012-20. 2010..This study determined whether human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) encapsulated in RGD modified alginate microspheres are capable of facilitating myocardial repair...
- Safety of hepatic resection in metastatic disease to the liver after yttrium-90 therapyRyan Whitney
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
J Surg Res 166:236-40. 2011..The use of hepatic arterial resin microspheres containing the β emitter, yttrium-90, has been reported in the treatment of unresectable hepatic metastases...
- The effects of rhBMP-2 released from biodegradable polyurethane/microsphere composite scaffolds on new bone formation in rat femoraBing Li
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, VU Station B 351604, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Biomaterials 30:6768-79. 2009..Encapsulation of rhBMP-2 in either 1.3-micron or 114-micron PLGA microspheres prior to the foaming reaction reduced the burst release...
- Factors affecting the degradation rate of poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microspheres in vivo and in vitroM A Tracy
Alkermes Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Biomaterials 20:1057-62. 1999The purpose of this work was to study the degradation of poly(lactide-co-glycolide) (PLG) microspheres in vivo and in vitro...
- Mouse embryonic stem cell expansion in a microcarrier-based stirred culture systemA M Fernandes
Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering IBB, Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Av Rovisco Pais, 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
J Biotechnol 132:227-36. 2007..Importantly, mES cells expanded under stirred conditions using serum-free medium retained their pluripotency and the ability to commit to the neural lineage...
- Nerve conduction blockade in the sciatic nerve prevents but does not reverse the activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase in spinal microglia in the rat spared nerve injury modelYeong Ray Wen
Pain Research Center, Department of Anesthesiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Anesthesiology 107:312-21. 2007..Nerve injury-induced ectopic spontaneous activity is essential for the generation of neuropathic pain. The authors examined whether peripheral neural activity is necessary for p38 activation in spinal microglia...
- Radioembolization with yttrium microspheres for neuroendocrine tumour liver metastasesC Q Cao
Department of Surgery, University of New South Wales, St George Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Br J Surg 97:537-43. 201090)Y microsphere radioembolization is performed by injecting the microspheres through a hepatic artery catheter placed percutaneously via the femoral or brachial artery...
- Preparing polymer-based sustained-release systems without exposing proteins to water-oil or water-air interfaces and cross-linking reagentsTuo Jin
Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Pharmacy, China
J Control Release 128:50-9. 2008..protein-polysaccharide particles that can easily be incorporated in a variety of polymer-based pharmaceutical dosage forms and medical devices such as microspheres, scaffolds and drug-eluting stents for sustained-release protein delivery.
- The use of amphipols as universal molecular adapters to immobilize membrane proteins onto solid supportsDelphine Charvolin
Unite Mixte de Recherche 7099, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Paris 7, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Federated Research Institute 550, Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:405-10. 2009....
- Radioembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma using Yttrium-90 microspheres: a comprehensive report of long-term outcomesRiad Salem
Section of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Gastroenterology 138:52-64. 2010Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) has limited treatment options; long-term outcomes following intra-arterial radiation are unknown. We assessed clinical outcomes of patients treated with intra-arterial yttrium-90 microspheres (Y90).
- Cutting edge: Humanized nano-proresolving medicines mimic inflammation-resolution and enhance wound healingLucy V Norling
Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 186:5543-7. 2011..These findings indicate that humanized NPs, termed nano-proresolving medicines, are mimetics of endogenous resolving mechanisms, possess potent beneficial bioactions, can reduce nanotoxicity, and offer new therapeutic approaches...
- CoMn(2)O(4) spinel hierarchical microspheres assembled with porous nanosheets as stable anodes for lithium-ion batteriesLin Hu
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Microscale and Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 230026, PR China
Sci Rep 2:986. 2012..The open space between neighboring nanosheets allows for easy diffusion of the electrolyte. The hierarchical microspheres assembled with nanosheets can ensure that every nanosheet participates in the electrochemical reaction, because ..
- Ultralow-threshold Raman laser using a spherical dielectric microcavityS M Spillane
Department of Applied Physics, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Nature 415:621-3. 2002..Equally important, this system can provide a compact and simple building block for studying nonlinear optical effects and the quantum aspects of light...
- Treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma with intrahepatic arterial yttrium-90 microspheres: a phase I and II studyW Y Lau
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories
Br J Cancer 70:994-9. 1994..patients with inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) were treated with intrahepatic arterial yttrium-90 microspheres. All these patients showed a lung shunting below 15% and a tumour-to-normal ratio higher than 2 as determined ..
- Methotrexate loaded poly(L-lactic acid) microspheres for intra-articular delivery of methotrexate to the jointLinda S Liang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
J Pharm Sci 93:943-56. 2004..The purpose of this work was to develop and characterize MTX loaded poly(l-lactic acid) (PLLA) microspheres and evaluate in vivo tolerability and MTX plasma concentrations following intra-articular injection into ..
- Multiplex detection of bacteria associated with normal microbiota and with bacterial vaginosis in vaginal swabs by use of oligonucleotide-coupled fluorescent microspheresTim J Dumonceaux
National Microbiology Laboratory, Canadian Science Centre for Human and Animal Health, 1015 Arlington St, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 47:4067-77. 2009..Using the presence of A. vaginae or G. vaginalis, or both, as the defining criterion for BV, we found that the method was highly specific and sensitive for the diagnosis of BV using microscopy as a gold standard...
- Immobilization of Candida rugosa lipase on chitosan with activation of the hydroxyl groupsShao Hua Chiou
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu 30043, Taiwan
Biomaterials 25:197-204. 2004..The kinetic parameters Km and Vmax were determined for the free and immobilized lipase. The activation energy (Ea) was found to decrease for immobilization of lipase on chitosan beads...
- Radioembolization results in longer time-to-progression and reduced toxicity compared with chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaRiad Salem
Department of Radiology, Section of Interventional Radiology and Division of Interventional Oncology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Gastroenterology 140:497-507.e2. 2011..Radioembolization with Yttrium-90 microspheres is a novel, transarterial approach to radiation therapy...
- Neuroprotective effect of erythropoietin-loaded composite microspheres on retinal ganglion cells in ratsXianfang Rong
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, Eye and ENT Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, No 83 Fenyang Road, Shanghai, China
Eur J Pharm Sci 43:334-42. 2011This study explored a sustained neuroprotective erythropoietin (EPO) loaded composite microspheres system on injured retinal ganglion cells (RGC)...
- BEAMing: single-molecule PCR on microparticles in water-in-oil emulsionsFrank Diehl
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and The Ludwig Center for Cancer Genetics and Therapeutics, The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, 1650 Orleans Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nat Methods 3:551-9. 2006
- Dynamics of endocytosis and exocytosis of poly(D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles in vascular smooth muscle cellsJayanth Panyam
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 6025, USA
Pharm Res 20:212-20. 2003..The purpose of this work was to characterize the process of endocytosis, exocytosis, and intracellular retention of poly (D,L-lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles in vitro using human arterial vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs)...
- Immunofluorescent labeling of cancer marker Her2 and other cellular targets with semiconductor quantum dotsXingyong Wu
Quantum Dot Corporation, 26118 Research Rd, Hayward, CA 94545, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:41-6. 2003..The results indicate that QD-based probes can be very effective in cellular imaging and offer substantial advantages over organic dyes in multiplex target detection...
- Biodegradable gelatin microparticles as delivery systems for the controlled release of bone morphogenetic protein-2Zarana S Patel
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, P O Box 1892, MS 142, Houston, TX 77251 1892, United States
Acta Biomater 4:1126-38. 2008..These results demonstrate that a systematic control of BMP-2 delivery from gelatin microparticles can be achieved by altering the extent of basic gelatin crosslinking...
- Internal pair production of 90Y permits hepatic localization of microspheres using routine PET: proof of conceptVanessa L Gates
Section of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago Illinois 60611, USA
J Nucl Med 52:72-6. 2011Radioembolization with 90Y microspheres represents a novel transarterial radiation treatment for liver tumors. The purpose of this pilot study was to evaluate the findings of postimplantation PET/CT of 90Y glass microspheres.
- Development of protein delivery microsphere system by a novel S/O/O/W multi-emulsionWeien Yuan
Shanghai Jiaotong University, School of Pharmacy, 800 Dongchuan Road, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Eur J Pharm Sci 36:212-8. 2009A novel method has been developed to protect protein drugs in poly (lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres using S/O/O/W multi-emulsion method...
- Covalent conjugation of polyethyleneimine on biodegradable microparticles for delivery of plasmid DNA vaccinesSudhir P Kasturi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Biomaterials 26:6375-85. 2005....
- Preparation of multi-phase microspheres of poly(D,L-lactic acid) and poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) containing a W/O emulsion by a multiple emulsion solvent evaporation techniqueM Iwata
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Dainippon Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Microencapsul 9:201-14. 1992Multi-phase microspheres of poly(D,L-lactic acid) (PLA) or poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) containing a water-in-oil (W/O) emulsion were prepared by a multiple emulsion solvent evaporation technique...
- Detection of antibodies to West Nile virus in equine sera using microsphere immunoassayUdeni B R Balasuriya
Equine Viral Disease Laboratory, Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 18:392-5. 2006..0001) or naturally infected with WNV (P < 0.0001). The rE MIA would appear to provide a rapid, convenient, inexpensive, and accurate test for the screening of equine sera for the presence of antibodies to WNV...
- Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from G-CSF-mobilized human peripheral blood using fibrin microbeadsI Kassis
Radiobiology and Biotechnology Laboratory, Sharett Institute of Oncology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:967-76. 2006..These cells could differentiate into osteoblasts, adipocytes and chondrocytes. This study indicates that FMB may have special advantage in isolating MSC from sources such as mobilized PB, where the number of such cells is scarce...
- Uptake of poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres by antigen-presenting cells in vivoKimberley D Newman
3118 Dentistry Pharmacy Centre, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 2N8
J Biomed Mater Res 60:480-6. 2002..cellular uptake of a biodegradable antigen delivery system, poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) microspheres, at two sites of injection: intraperitoneal and intradermal...
- Biocompatibility and degradation of poly(ether-ester) microspheres: in vitro and in vivo evaluationR van Dijkhuizen-Radersma
IsoTis NV, PO Box 98, 3720 AB, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Biomaterials 23:4719-29. 2002b>Microspheres of a hydrophobic and a hydrophilic poly(ether-ester) copolymer were evaluated for their in vitro and in vivo biocompatibility and degradation...
- Preparation and characterization of poly(lactic acid)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(lactic acid) (PLA-PEG-PLA) microspheres for controlled release of paclitaxelGang Ruan
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260, Singapore
Biomaterials 24:5037-44. 2003b>Microspheres of a new kind of copolymer, poly(lactic acid)-poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(lactic acid) (PLA-PEG-PLA), are proposed in the present work for clinical administration of an antineoplastic drug paclitaxel with hypothesis that ..
- PEGylation of microspheres generates a heterogeneous population of particles with differential surface characteristics and biological performanceJ K Gbadamosi
Molecular Targeting and Polymer Toxicology Group, School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences, University of Brighton, BN2 4GJ, Brighton, UK
FEBS Lett 532:338-44. 2002Surface PEGylation of polystyrene microspheres with methoxy-poly(ethylene glycol)-5000 (mPEG-5000) generated a heterogeneous population of entities that differed in surface characteristics and in vitro biological performance (phagocytosis ..
- A novel polymeric chlorhexidine delivery device for the treatment of periodontal diseaseIsaac C Yue
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Biomaterials 25:3743-50. 2004....
- Embolus extravasation is an alternative mechanism for cerebral microvascular recanalizationCarson K Lam
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ilinois 60611 USA
Nature 465:478-82. 2010..Alterations in the efficiency of the protective mechanism that we have identified may have important implications in microvascular pathology, stroke recovery and age-related cognitive decline...
- Development of a respiratory virus panel test for detection of twenty human respiratory viruses by use of multiplex PCR and a fluid microbead-based assayJ Mahony
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, and St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 45:2965-70. 2007....
- Determination of complex refractive index of polystyrene microspheres from 370 to 1610 nmXiaoyan Ma
Department of Physics, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
Phys Med Biol 48:4165-72. 2003We introduce an inverse method for determining simultaneously the real and imaginary refractive indices of microspheres based on integrating sphere measurements of diffuse reflectance and transmittance, and Monte Carlo modelling in ..
- Formulation optimization for the nanoparticles-in-microsphere hybrid oral delivery system using factorial designMayank D Bhavsar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, United States
J Control Release 110:422-30. 2006..Based on the statistical model we were also successful in producing NiMOS of less than 10 mum in size, which could be used as oral delivery system for therapeutic and antigenic macromolecules...
- Porous nano-HA/collagen/PLLA scaffold containing chitosan microspheres for controlled delivery of synthetic peptide derived from BMP-2Xufeng Niu
State Key Laboratory of New Ceramics and Fine Processing, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Control Release 134:111-7. 2009..Porous nano-hydroxyapatite/collagen/poly(L-lactic acid)/chitosan microspheres (nHAC/PLLA/CMs) composite scaffolds containing different quantities of chitosan microspheres (CMs) were ..
- Adjuvants and delivery systems in veterinary vaccinology: current state and future developmentsPeter M H Heegaard
Department of Veterinary Diagnostics and Research, National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark, 27 Bülowsvej, Copenhagen V, Denmark
Arch Virol 156:183-202. 2011..With a focus on veterinary animals, this review highlights a number of approaches being pursued, including cytokines, CpG oligonucleotides, microparticles and liposomes...
- Growth factor gradients via microsphere delivery in biopolymer scaffolds for osteochondral tissue engineeringXiaoqin Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, MA 02155, USA
J Control Release 134:81-90. 2009..the gradient making system and the delivery efficiency of polylactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) and silk fibroin microspheres, initially an alginate gel was fabricated into a cylinder shape with microspheres incorporated as gradients...
- The microbead occlusion model: a paradigm for induced ocular hypertension in rats and miceRebecca M Sappington
Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0654, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:207-16. 2010..Here the authors describe a novel and relatively simple method for inducing a highly consistent, modest, and repeatable elevation in IOP for rats and mice...
- Nanoparticle-based bio-bar codes for the ultrasensitive detection of proteinsJwa Min Nam
Department of Chemistry and Institute for Nanotechnology, Northwestern University, 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Science 301:1884-6. 2003..Comparable clinically accepted conventional assays for detecting the same target have sensitivity limits of approximately 3 picomdar, six orders of magnitude less sensitive than what is observed with this method...
- Personalized Clinical Diagnostics and Beyond: Integrated Ring Resonator ArraysRyan Bailey; Fiscal Year: 2009..This technology promises to broadly impact the landscape of the biomedical sciences, both meeting the clinical diagnostic challenges of today and pioneering the paradigm-shifting discoveries of tomorrow. ..
- Targeted siRNA nanotechnology for intravesical treatment of urologicaldiseasesRobert M Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010..of common urological diseases including bladder cancer, overactive bladder and IC using siRNAs encapsulated in microspheres to increase their stability and prolong their efficacy...
- Effects of environmental thyroid hormone disrupting compounds on CNS developmentCHRISTOPHER KIRK THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, he will develop and characterize the use of microspheres as a local thyroid hormone delivery system and use this system to target particular hormone treatments to the ..
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) delivered from biodegradable microspheres was temporally correlated with recovering visual function (pupil light reflex and electroretinogram) in rats ..
- High-throughput multiplex microsphere screening for toxin protease inhibitorsSteven W Graves; Fiscal Year: 2012..flow cytometry to measure the cleavage of fluorescent fusion proteins that are attached to multiplexed microspheres. Beyond the speed at which compounds are screened, this assay is notable because it measures the activity of ..
- Plasminogen activators and NMDA after brain injuryWilliam M Armstead; Fiscal Year: 2012..Immunohistochemistry, detection of plasminogen activator and MAPK expression, and CBF determination by radiolabled microspheres will be performed.
- Structural and Functional Changes in Myopia and Susceptibility to GlaucomaLisa Ostrin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cal. Berkeley), who has agreed to give guidance on retinal imaging and image analysis, and 3) Dr. Ronald Harwerth (Univ. Houston), who will provide advice in refining the protocol for the experimental glaucoma model. ..
- Genetic hearing screening for newbornsXi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test a device based on biotinylated cDNA bait probes fixed on streptavidin- coated magnetic microspheres, which can be manufactured in-house without the use of any specialized equipment...
- Angiogenesis and Long-term Bone and Joint Allotransplant SurvivalAllen T Bishop; Fiscal Year: 2012..Growth factors are delivered, encapsulated within biodegradable microspheres placed within the transplanted femur...
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells To Mitigate and Treat Cutaneous Injury Following RadiationWilliam H McBride; Fiscal Year: 2010..To cover wide areas of radiation-induced burns, we will add MSCs on FMBs to natural collagen sheets as a form of biological dressing. ..
- Interleukin-6 and Retinal Ganglion Cell Degeneration in GlaucomaRebecca M Sappington; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose a series of studies to examine the potential of the inflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 as a therapeutic target to rescue RGCs in glaucoma. ..
- Cardiac and Renal Effects of N-AcetylcysteineMarkus Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2011..magnetic resonance imaging), myocardium-at-risk for infarction (Evans-Blue perfusion stain, fluoroscopic microspheres), myocardial infarction size (TTC stain), cardiac and renal apoptosis (TUNEL stain), renal function (Creatinine)..
- Fast calcium responses along arteriolar endothelium in vivoPooneh Bagher; Fiscal Year: 2010..By introducing fluorescent tracers of blood flow (labeled microspheres and red blood cells), I will determine the relationship between FOR and the velocity and distribution of blood ..
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells in Calcium Phosphate Constructs for Bone RegenerationHUAKUN XU; Fiscal Year: 2013..If indeed, hESCs delivered via CPC are superior in osteogenesis compared to the gold-standard hBMSCs, which is anticipated to be shown by this project for the first time, the results will broadly impact the regenerative medicine field. ..
- Oxidative Stress and Glutamate Excitotoxicity on Aged Dopaminergic NeruonsHeather A Boger; Fiscal Year: 2013..mentors that include training in molecular biology, electrochemistry, production of nanoparticles (microspheres), and statistics...
- Oxidative Stress and Glutamate Excitotoxicity on Aged Dopaminergic NeruonsHeather A Boger; Fiscal Year: 2010..mentors that include training in molecular biology, electrochemistry, production of nanoparticles (microspheres), and statistics...
- In Vivo Brain Dialysis of Neuropeptides and Neuroimmune Signaling ProteinsJulie A Stenken; Fiscal Year: 2012..to existing brain dialysis methods of either inclusion of a free antibody or antibodies immobilized to small microspheres will significantly improve protein relative recovery into dialysis probes that are implanted into the rat brain...
- IMMUNE RESPONSE TO CRYPTOCOCCAL INFECTIONSSTUART MICHAEL LEVITZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..antigens directly conjugated to 2-glucans, Pam3CSK4, ssRNA, and CpG, as well as yeast glucan particles and microspheres loaded with antigens and ligands...
- Partnership for Detection of Infection by Category B PathogensFrances S Ligler; Fiscal Year: 2011..First;potential assay formats, using coded microspheres as the solid support, will be investigated, including direct detection of pathogen and indirect identification ..
- Open Angle Glaucoma in Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Alpha 1 Deficient MiceEmmanuel S Buys; Fiscal Year: 2013..We furthermore expect to identify cGMP signaling as a promising therapeutic target in the treatment of OAG. ..
- Engineering a Supplemental Phenylalanine Metabolic Pathway to Prevent mPKUStephen K Hunter; Fiscal Year: 2011..These cells will then be encapsulated within polymeric microspheres. The microspheres isolate these cells from the immune system...
- Nanocaged Metal Tags in Massively Multiplexed Leukemia Bioassay and BeyondSteven H Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will show the advantages of FC-ICP-MS analysis of multi-metal-tagged PMBs coated with capture Abs against cytokines, chemokines, growth factors, and soluble receptors present in human serum. ..
- Kinetochore-Microtubule InteractionsJOHN RICHARD MCINTOSH; Fiscal Year: 2012..We may also help to identify proteins that are ideally suited to serve as targets for the discovery of new drugs that block cell division, one of the strategies that is currently used by some of the effective cancer chemotherapeutics. ..
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR TRANSPORT IN MUCUSW Mark Saltzman; Fiscal Year: 2012..that: antibodies (Abs), other proteins, and DNA can be slowly released from biocompatible polymer matrices and microspheres; these agents are active at the mucosal surface;human Abs, plasmid DNA, and other macromolecules can diffuse as ..
- Signals for Post-pneumonectomy Compensatory Lung GrowthConnie C W Hsia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Regional perfusion will be measured by fluorescent microspheres. The remaining lobes will be assessed for cell signaling and for alveolar ultrastructure by morphometry...
- Auto-antibody plus PSA assay for patients with prostate cancerGang Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, to individually purify recombinant PCAA proteins and then conjugate with xMAP microspheres is difficult in practical terms...
- Novel nanotechnology based oral influenza vaccinesSang Moo Kang; Fiscal Year: 2011..formulation, we propose to encapsulate influenza vaccines into stabilized small beadlike particles containing microspheres and nanospheres for oral vaccine delivery...
- Copolymer hydrogel microspheres for analysis of kinase activity in cell lysatesSean P Palecek; Fiscal Year: 2010..substrates will be copolymerized with acrylamide and crosslinker in an emulsion polymerization to generate microspheres via two-phase microfluidic flow...
- Regenerating the Heart with Engineered Human Cardiac TissueKAREEN LOUISE KREUTZIGER COULOMBE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, we will develop biodegradable alginate microspheres loaded with the angiogenic proteins vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and basic fibroblast growth ..
- Microvesicle Genetic Signaling Between Stem Cells, Retinal Neurons and GliaStephen M Redenti; Fiscal Year: 2013..An additional future study will analyze the encapsulation of microvesicles in biodegradable polymer microspheres for long-term ocular release to treat retinal tissue damaged by disease or trauma (34)...
- Imaging for Y90 Microscphere SIRT PlanningAnthony J McGoron; Fiscal Year: 2012..However, the significant difference in size, shape, and other properties of the MAA and the Y-90 microspheres complicates the treatment planning because the MAA particles cannot be expected to distribute the same as the Y-..
- Driving tissue formation by inductive stem cell sheet technologyEben Alsberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have engineered a system of self-assembling hMSC sheets incorporated with growth factor releasing hydrogel microspheres. Gelatin is used as the base biomaterial for the microspheres, as it forms biocompatible, biodegradable ..
- Microfluidic platform for rapid influenza subtypingAnubhav Tripathi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CT Method Development for Quantifying Myocardial Microvascular Flow DistributionERIK LEO RITMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Next, inject 15 [unreadable]m radiopaque microspheres (Ag impregnated) into the left atrium during resting flow conditions and then Au impregnated microspheres ..
- Coupling kinetochore microtubule dynamics to chromosome motionEkaterina L Grishchuk; Fiscal Year: 2013..stable attachment to the shortening polymer, we will use purified Ska1 to couple microtubules to glass microspheres, and examine their motions under a load applied with laser tweezers (Aim 3)...
- Bone marrow blood vessel location and blood flow with PTH and anti-VEGFRhonda Prisby; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, in vivo bone blood flow measurements will be analyzed by injection of radiolabeled microspheres into the circulation...
- Dendritic Cell Control of Skin ImmunityTerri M Laufer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have three Specific Aims. In our first Aim, we will utilize large antigen-conjugated microspheres to limit antigen presentation to one population of DCs...
- Microfluidic 3D Culture of Primary OsteocytesWoo Young Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..s. ..
- Cartilage repair with stem-cell laden hyaluronic acid hyrogelsDavid Steinberg; Fiscal Year: 2012..th cartilage defect, where differentiation and maturation is controlled by co-encapsulated growth factor- laden microspheres, and 2) implantation of an engineered construct that has been pre- matured ex vivo under defined conditions to ..
- An Innovative CardioprotectivePrakash Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2012..for which include optimization of ANG-4011 delivery in sustained-release, clinically compatible, biodegradable microspheres, evaluation of ANG-4011 therapy in myocardial-reperfusion models accompanied by co-morbidities (e.g...
- Modular Assembly of Interdigitated Osteochondral InterfacesJan P Stegemann; Fiscal Year: 2013..The ability to design robust and highly interconnected bone-cartilage constructs could lead to improved treatment of osteochondral defects. ..
- Precision Particle Fabrication-enabled Betamethasone-loaded Microspheres for TranMilind Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our proposed strategy uses Precision Particle Fabrication (PPF) to create betamethasone-loaded microspheres for transtympanic injection, round window membrane (RWM) localization, and sustained-release to the inner ear...
- Development of a multimeric CD40 ligand vaccine adjuvantRICHARD SYD KORNBLUTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this vaccination protocol, mice are first vaccinated with PLGA microspheres coated with antigen followed 7 days later by boosting with antigen plus MegaCD40L plus poly(I:C)...
- Gradient-based strategy for osteochondral regenerationMichael S Detamore; Fiscal Year: 2013..These gradients are accomplished by varying the relative numbers of "osteogenic" and "chondrogenic" microspheres along the scaffold length, which differ in material composition and encapsulated signal...
- Modulation of the Immune System to Improve Ligament/Ligament Graft HealingRay Vanderby; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary data also suggest that microspheres can be designed to release proteins that will spatially and temporally modulate inflammation for regenerative ..
- Engineered Regeneration of Bone through a Small Molecule Cyclic Adenosine MonophoCato T Laurencin; Fiscal Year: 2012..and BMP-2, 3) to develop and evaluate a novel bone grafting material system comprising biodegradable PLAGA microspheres matrices with small molecule 6-Bnz-cAMP...
- PET Enabled Microspheres for Radioembolization of Liver TumorsYONGREN BENJAMIN PENG; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project Summary/Abstract Current radioembolic Y-90 microspheres have been generally recognized as the state-of-the-art for treating primary and metastatic liver tumors...
- A Drug Delivery Platform For Near-Term Treatment of Proteolytic DiseaseJEFFREY MICHAEL KARP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionally, conventional polymeric drug delivery systems such as implants, injectable microspheres, and patches are used by tens of millions of people annually, yet often produce sub-optimal drug release ..
- Automated High Throughput Cryopreservation Using MicrofluidicsSTEVEN FRANCIS MULLEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be assessed by analysis of digital images taken of the solution in the final flow path, where metallic microspheres have been suspended into one of the initial solutions...
- Novel Optical Microprobes for Ultra-Precise Intraocular Laser SurgeryVasily N Astratov; Fiscal Year: 2010..The optical scalpel is composed of a hollow waveguide infiltrated with chains of microspheres, providing periodical focusing of light with progressively smaller sizes of the focused beams...
- Intestinal Tissue EngineeringJAMES C DUNN; Fiscal Year: 2012..A spatial gradient of basic fibroblast growth factor will be created using microspheres to enhance angiogenesis in the orthogonal-layer tube...
- Corneal Endothelial Cell TransplantationSanjay V Patel; Fiscal Year: 2010..In preliminary studies, we have successfully incorporated superparamagnetic microspheres (SPMs) into cultured HCECs in vitro and demonstrated cell migration toward a magnetic source...
- The budding yeast endocytic pathwayDavid G Drubin; Fiscal Year: 2013..A highly productive theory collaboration will continue to facilitate data synthesis and development of novel mechano-chemical concepts, and to generate experimentally testable hypotheses. ..
- MRI for In Vivo Quantification of Yttrium-90 Microsphere BiodistributionOyinlolu Adeyanju; Fiscal Year: 2012..is a novel selective internal radiation therapy that targets the delivery of radioactive 90Y glass microspheres to liver tumors, reducing side effects and limiting radiation exposure to normal liver tissues...
- 1/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSJOSEPH PATRICK MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2013..One long-acting injectable (LAI) atypical antipsychotic medication, risperidone microspheres (RM) is currently available at an average wholesale price that is approximately $8,000 per patient per year ..
- 2/2-A Comparison of Long-Acting Injectable Medications for Schizophrenia -ACLAIMSTHOMAS SCOTT STROUP; Fiscal Year: 2013..One long-acting injectable (LAI) atypical antipsychotic medication, risperidone microspheres (RM) is currently available at an average wholesale price that is approximately $8,000 per patient per year ..
- Protein Stability in Polymer Delivery SystemsSteven P Schwendeman; Fiscal Year: 2011..are the two most common stresses responsible for instability of proteins in PLGA delivery systems, including microspheres. Development of methods to control polymer microclimate pH will become a widely applicable method to stabilize ..
- Quantitative SPECT for Targeted Radionuclide TherapyEric C Frey; Fiscal Year: 2013..For example, locoregional therapy using Y-90 labeled microspheres for non-resectable liver tumors appears promising...
- Self-microencapsulation in polymer delivery systems without organic solventsSteven P Schwendeman; Fiscal Year: 2010..without the need for organic solvent, b) could be done inexpensively with terminally sterilized porous PLGA microspheres for multiple peptides and/or proteins, c) would be applicable to numerous polymer configurations and geometries ..
- MRI of Iron-labeled Microsphere Biodistribution for Radioembolization DosimetryANDREW CHRISTIAN LARSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Radioembolization involves catheter-directed infusion of 90Y microspheres that provide an internal radiation dose to liver tumors...
- Triple Analysis of Blood Clotting using Driven and Diffusing MicrobeadsRichard Chasen Spero; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MRI in mouse models of heart diseaseFrederick H Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..In our second aim we will compare and validate first- pass MRI and ASL for MBF imaging in mice, using microspheres as a gold standard. This aim will include reproducibility studies...
- Quantitative ECT for Complex Imaging TasksStephen C Moore; Fiscal Year: 2012..expressing somatostatin receptors, as well as to treatment of hepatic tumors and metastases with 90Y- labeled microspheres, and to the diagnosis of osteomyelitis...
- PEPTIDE BASED DELIVERY OF HIV IMMUNOGENLee Riley; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mcep and Inv3 are able to deliver materials (microspheres, colloidal gold particles) complexed to them into nonphagocytic cells with very high efficiency...
- Ultrasound guided site-specific gene delivery in prostate cancerPier Paolo Claudio; Fiscal Year: 2010..The gas filled microspheres effectively lower the energy threshold for cavitation...
- HEME PROTEINS, MICROSPHERES AND SYNTHETIC ANALOGSKENNETH SUSLICK; Fiscal Year: 2004The objectives of this research involve the characterization and application of heme proteins, heme protein microspheres, and synthetic analogs of heme proteins...
- SYSTOLIC CARDIAC FUNCTION IN OBESITY AND EXERCISEJOAN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will use acute and chronic (telemetry) measurement of heart rate and blood pressure, as well as colored microspheres, to study hemodynamics...
- BLOOD FLOW AND ADENINE NUCLEOTIDE METABOLISMROBERT BERNE; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- INTRA-ARTICULAR DELIVERY OF PEPTIDES AND PROTEINSPaul Simpson; Fiscal Year: 1999The development of novel biodegradable proprietary microspheres containing one or more analgesic and anti-inflammatory peptides that can be released in the joint, over a sustained period of time, is proposed...
- VASODILATOR-ASSISTED HYPERTHERMIA OF DEEP SEATED TUMORSGILBERT NUSSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 1991..Perfusion rates in tumors and normal tissues will be measured with the radioactive microspheres technique...
- MURINE MODEL OF HIV INFECTION OF HUMAN BRAINCristian Achim; Fiscal Year: 1999..is grown in vitro as a single cell suspension in serum free media; fetal neural cells aggregate and form "brain microspheres" which are then transplanted into the crania of severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) mice...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INFECTION WITH M TUBERCULOSISLee Riley; Fiscal Year: 2002..tuberculosis that promoted uptake of latex microspheres coated with the protein into nonphagocytic cells...