Summary: Artificial implanted lenses.
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- Retinal image contrast and functional visual performance with aspheric, silicone, and acrylic intraocular lenses. Prospective evaluationRobert M Kershner
Eye Laser Center, Tucson, Arizona 85704 1152, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1684-94. 2003..with those of conventional silicone (AA4207VF, Staar Surgical) and acrylic (AcrySof SA60AT, Alcon Surgical) lenses on retinal imaging and functional visual performance...
- Tilt and decentration of intraocular lenses in vivo from Purkinje and Scheimpflug imaging. Validation studyAlberto de Castro
Instituto de Optica Daza de Valdes, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:418-29. 2007To measure tilt and decentration of intraocular lenses (IOLs) with Scheimpflug and Purkinje imaging systems in physical model eyes with known amounts of tilt and decentration and patients.
- Biometry and formula accuracy with intraocular lenses used for cataract surgery in extreme hyperopiaRobert E MacLaren
Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, United Kingdom
Am J Ophthalmol 143:920-931. 2007..To audit intraocular lens (IOL) power predictions for cataract surgery in extreme hyperopia and to compare the accuracy across different biometry formulae and IOL types...
- Comparison of posterior capsule opacification rates between hydrophilic and hydrophobic single-piece acrylic intraocular lensesCatherine J Heatley
Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:718-24. 2005..To determine the effect of intraocular lens (IOL) material on the development of posterior capsule opacification (PCO) at 1 year...
- Posterior capsulorhexis combined with optic buttonholing: an alternative to standard in-the-bag implantation of sharp-edged intraocular lenses? A critical analysis of 1000 consecutive casesR Menapace
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna 1090, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:787-801. 2008..However, efficacy has turned out to be limited because of the propensity of LECs to use the posterior optic surface as an alternative scaffold...
- A new intraocular lens design to reduce spherical aberration of pseudophakic eyesJack T Holladay
Baylor College of Medicine, Holladay LASIK Institute, Houston, TX, USA
J Refract Surg 18:683-91. 2002..The aim of this study was to design and evaluate in the laboratory a new intraocular lens (IOL) intended to provide superior ocular optical quality by reducing spherical aberration...
- Calculation of intraocular lens power: a reviewThomas Olsen
University Eye Clinic, Aarhus Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:472-85. 2007....
- Sources of error in intraocular lens power calculationSverker Norrby
AMO Groningen BV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:368-76. 2008..To identify and quantify sources of error in the refractive outcome of cataract surgery...
- Accommodating intraocular lenses: a critical review of present and future conceptsR Menapace
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna, 1090, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:473-89. 2007..True pseudophakic accommodation with a change of overall refractive power of the eye may be induced either by an anterior shift or a change in curvature of the lens optic...
- Effect of intraocular lenses on preventing posterior capsule opacification: design versus materialOkihiro Nishi
Nishi Eye Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2170-6. 2004To compare the preventive effect of 4 types of design- and material-matched intraocular lenses (IOLs) on posterior capsule opacification (PCO).
- Results of hydrophilic acrylic, hydrophobic acrylic, and silicone intraocular lenses in uveitic eyes with cataract: comparison to a control groupClaudette Abela-Formanek
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1141-52. 2002To evaluate the uveal and capsular biocompatibility of hydrophilic acrylic, hydrophobic acrylic, and silicone intraocular lenses (IOLs) in eyes with uveitis.
- Glistenings and surface light scattering in intraocular lensesLiliana Werner
John A Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1398-420. 2010..Its mechanism of formation is controversial but may be related to long-term phase separation water near the IOL surface, although not seen as microvacuoles...
- In vivo study of bacterial adhesion to five types of intraocular lensesLaurent Kodjikian
Department of Ophthalmology, Herriot Hospital, Lyon, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:3717-21. 2002..of the Staphylococcus epidermidis strain (American Type Culture Collection [ATCC] 14990) to attach to 120 intraocular lenses (IOLs) made of five different biomaterials: fluorine polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), heparinized PMMA, ..
- A prospective comparative study of the AMO ARRAY zonal-progressive multifocal silicone intraocular lens and a monofocal intraocular lensR F Steinert
Center for Eye Research and Education, Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, and the Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 106:1243-55. 1999..To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of a zonal-progressive multifocal silicone intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Effect of optic material on posterior capsule opacification in intraocular lenses with sharp-edge optics: randomized clinical trialOliver Findl
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Ophthalmology 112:67-72. 2005..Comparison of the intensity of posterior capsule opacification (PCO) between a silicone intraocular lens (IOL) and a hydrophobic acrylic IOL, both of them 3-piece and open-loop and having truncated optics with sharp edges...
- Implantation of scleral-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses in adultsOle Kjeka
Department of Ophthalmology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Ophthalmol 86:537-42. 2008To report the results of transscleral fixation of posterior chamber intraocular lenses in adults.
- Model eyes for evaluation of intraocular lensesSverker Norrby
AMO Groningen BV, Netherlands
Appl Opt 46:6595-605. 2007In accordance with the present international standard for intraocular lenses (IOLs), their imaging performance should be measured in a model eye having an aberration-free cornea...
- Effect of anterior capsule polishing on fibrotic capsule opacification: three-year resultsStefan Sacu
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2322-7. 2004..To evaluate the long-term effect of anterior capsule polishing on anterior capsule opacification (ACO) and peripheral fibrotic posterior capsule opacification (PCO)...
- Visual outcome comparison of unilateral versus bilateral implantation of apodized diffractive multifocal intraocular lenses after cataract extraction: prospective 6-month studyRobert J Cionni
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1033-9. 2009..To evaluate the visual outcomes and patient satisfaction after unilateral implantation or stepwise bilateral implantation of an apodized diftractive multifocal intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Anterior chamber and sutured posterior chamber intraocular lenses in eyes with poor capsular supportKendall E Donaldson
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:903-9. 2005To compare the clinical outcomes and complications of patients who had surgical placement of anterior chamber (AC IOLs) and sutured posterior chamber intraocular lenses (PC IOLs) after cataract surgery resulting in poor capsular support.
- Multifocal versus monofocal intraocular lenses in cataract surgery: a systematic reviewMartin Leyland
Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, United Kingdom West Sussex Hospital, Brighton, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 110:1789-98. 2003To assess the visual effects of multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) compared with the current standard treatment of monofocal IOL implantation.
- Tilt and decentration of spherical and aspheric intraocular lenses: effect on higher-order aberrationsMartin Baumeister
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1006-12. 2009..To determine the impact of spherical and aspheric foldable intraocular lens (IOL) tilt and decentration on optical quality after cataract surgery in an intraindividual comparative study...
- Comparative rotational stability of single-piece open-loop acrylic and plate-haptic silicone toric intraocular lensesDavid F Chang
Private Practice in Los Altos, California, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1842-7. 2008To prospectively compare the early rotational stability of AcrySof SN60T toric intraocular lenses (IOLs) with that in a retrospective series of AA4203 toric IOLs.
- Visual function and patient experience after bilateral implantation of toric intraocular lensesIqbal Ike K Ahmed
Credit Valley Eye Care, 3200 Erin Mills Parkway, Unit 1, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1W8, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:609-16. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy, stability, predictability, and patient-reported outcomes of bilateral toric intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in cases of cataract with preexisting astigmatism...
- Astigmatic power calculations for intraocular lenses in the phakic and aphakic eyeEdwin J Sarver
Sarver andAssociates, Inc, Celebration, FL 34747, USA
J Refract Surg 20:472-7. 2004To develop sets of equations employed in the power calculations for toric intraocular lenses (IOLs) in phakic or aphakic astigmatic eyes.
- Iris-sutured intraocular lenses for ectopia lentis in childrenAndrew C Kopel
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:596-600. 2008..To compare outcomes and complications of pars plana lensectomy-vitrectomy (PPL-PPV) for the management of ectopia lentis in children with and without a foldable iris-sutured intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Comparison of clinical and patient-reported outcomes with bilateral AcrySof toric or spherical control intraocular lensesStephen S Lane
Associated Eye Care, Stillwater, MN 55082, USA
J Refract Surg 25:899-901. 2009To compare clinical and patient-reported outcomes with bilateral implantation of AcrySof toric or spherical control (Alcon Laboratories Inc) intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- [Use of multifocal intraocular lenses and criteria for patient selection]T Kohnen
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 105:527-32. 2008Multifocal intraocular lenses (MIOL) are increasingly being used as a therapeutic approach to correct presbyopia...
- Iris fixation of foldable intraocular lenses for ectopia lentis in childrenPascal Dureau
Fondation Ophtalmologique Adolphe de Rothschild, Paris, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1109-14. 2006To describe a technique for iris fixation of acrylic intraocular lenses (IOLs) in ectopia lentis and evaluate the medium-term anatomical and functional results in children.
- Halo size under distance and near conditions in refractive multifocal intraocular lensesS Pieh
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 85:816-21. 2001To calculate the diameter of halos perceived by patients with multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) and to stimulate halos in patients with refractive multifocal IOLs in a clinical experiment.
- Effects of yellow intraocular lenses on light-induced upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factorYasuo Yanagi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1540-4. 2006....
- Visual acuity and contrast sensitivity comparison between Tecnis and AcrySof SA60AT intraocular lenses: A multicenter randomized studyRoberto Bellucci
Ophthalmic Unit, Hospital and University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:712-7. 2005....
- Visual performance with multifocal intraocular lenses: mesopic contrast sensitivity under distance and near conditionsRobert Montes-Mico
Optometry and Vision Sciences Unit, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Ophthalmology 111:85-96. 2004..To evaluate distance and near visual performance under bright (photopic) and dim (mesopic) conditions in patients who had undergone uncomplicated cataract extraction with multifocal or monofocal intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Visual performance: Comparison of foldable intraocular lensesHarsha Bhattacharjee
Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya Beltola, Assam, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:451-5. 2006..and fellow eye with an AcrySof IOL and to compare results in the IOL groups to those in normal, similarly aged patients with clear phakic eyes...
- Long-term results of implantation of phakic posterior chamber intraocular lensesBirgit Lackner
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2269-76. 2004To study the incidence and progression of lens opacification after implantation of phakic posterior chamber intraocular lenses for myopia and its correlation with vaulting and endothelial cell density (ECD).
- Accuracy of intraocular lens power prediction using the Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, Holladay 2, and SRK/T formulasJulio Narvaez
Department of Ophthalmology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2050-3. 2006..To compare the accuracy of intraocular lens (IOL) power calculations using 4 formulas: Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, Holladay 2, and SRK/T...
- Paediatric cataract blindness in the developing world: surgical techniques and intraocular lenses in the new millenniumM E Wilson
Miles Center for Pediatric Ophthalmology, Storm Eye Institute, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425 5536, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 87:14-9. 2003..Practical guidelines and recommendations have also been provided for ophthalmic surgeons and health planners dealing with childhood cataract management in the developing world...
- Violet and blue light blocking intraocular lenses: photoprotection versus photoreceptionM A Mainster
PhD, MD, FRCOphth, Department of Ophthalmology, MS3009, University of Kansas Medical School, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66160 7379, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:784-92. 2006..To analyse how intraocular lens (IOL) chromophores affect retinal photoprotection and the sensitivity of scotopic vision, melanopsin photoreception, and melatonin suppression...
- Small-incision iris fixation of foldable intraocular lenses in the absence of capsule supportGarry P Condon
Drexel University College of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1311-8. 2007To report visual outcomes and complications of modified McCannel iris suture fixation of small-incision foldable acrylic intraocular lenses (IOLs) for aphakia in the absence of capsule support.
- Neuroadaptation of presbyopia-correcting intraocular lensesSusan M Pepin
Dartmouth Medical School, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:10-2. 2008Advances in the design of intraocular lenses give options to patients for some return to the optical accommodation needed to focus on objects at different distances...
- Visualization of the retinal image in an eye model with spherical and aspheric, diffractive, and refractive multifocal intraocular lensesThom Terwee
AMO Groningen BV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Refract Surg 24:223-32. 2008To present a method that visually demonstrates how spherical, aspheric, diffractive, and refractive multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) process light received from the cornea.
- Optical quality and depth-of-field of eyes implanted with spherical and aspheric intraocular lensesSusana Marcos
Instituto de Optica, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Refract Surg 21:223-35. 2005To compare experimental optical performance in eyes implanted with spherical and aspheric intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Intraocular lens power calculation after laser in situ keratomileusis for myopia and hyperopia: a standardized approachV Feiz
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arkansas for Medical Science, USA
Cornea 20:792-7. 2001..The amount of error was directly related to the amount of correction by LASIK. CONCLUSION: The pre-LASIK refraction can be used theoretically to determine an accurate IOL power...
- Phakic intraocular lensesCarlo F Lovisolo
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, San Raffaele Hospital and QuattroElle Eye Center, Milan, Italy, and Department of Ophthalmology, St Thomas Hospital Kings College, London, UK
Surv Ophthalmol 50:549-87. 2005..Clinical studies of phakic intraocular lenses demonstrate increasing promise for the correction of refractive errors not amenable to mainstream excimer ..
- Functional outcomes after implantation of Tecnis ZM900 and Array SA40 multifocal intraocular lensesUlrich Mester
Eye Clinic, Bundesknappschafts Hospital, An der Klinik 10, 66280 Sulzbach Saar, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1033-40. 2007..To evaluate the functional outcome after implantation of the Tecnis ZM900 multifocal intraocular lens (IOL) (AMO) and the Array SA40 multifocal IOL (AMO)...
- Biometry and intraocular lens power calculationAlexander C Lee
Pepose Vision Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63017, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 19:13-7. 2008..The article reviews recent studies and advances in the field of biometry and intraocular lens power calculations...
- Adaptive optics simulation of intraocular lenses with modified spherical aberrationPatricia A Piers
AMO Groningen, Groningen, P O Box 901, 9700 AX Groningen, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:4601-10. 2004..In this study, adaptive optics techniques were used to evaluate the potential advantages and disadvantages associated with intraocular lenses (IOLs) with modified spherical aberration profiles.
- Analysis of surface whitening of extracted hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lensesHiroyuki Matsushima
Department of Ophthalmology, Dokkyo Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1927-34. 2009To identify the cause of light scattering on the surface (ie, whitening) of extracted AcrySof intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Determination of albumin sorption to intraocular lenses by radiolabeling and confocal laser scanning microscopyDoerte Luensmann
Centre for Contact Lens Research, School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:2000-7. 2009..To determine albumin adsorption profiles and penetration depth of 3 intraocular lens (IOL) materials over time using confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) and radiolabeling...
- Siepser slipknot for McCannel iris-suture fixation of subluxated intraocular lensesDavid F Chang
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1170-6. 2004..There were no intraoperative complications, and a round pupil was preserved in all cases...
- Improvements in vision-related quality of life with AcrySof IQ SN60WF aspherical intraocular lensesI Chan Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1312-7. 2008..To compare vision-related quality of life and higher-order aberrations (HOAs) with an aspherical intraocular lens (IOL) (AcrySof IQ SN60WF) and a conventional spherical IOL (AcrySof SA60AT) (both Alcon) after phacoemulsification...
- Comparison of higher-order aberration and contrast sensitivity in monofocal and multifocal intraocular lensesChang Yeom Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 48:627-33. 2007The visual performance of pseudophakic eyes depends on the type of intraocular lenses (IOLs) that are implanted...
- Intraocular lenses with surface aspherization: Interferometric studyRita Mencucci
Department of Oto Neuro Ophthalmological Surgical Sciences, Eye Clinic, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1624-30. 2007To accurately evaluate in an optical laboratory 2 different types of intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Predicting the performance of accommodating intraocular lenses using ray tracingArthur Ho
Vision Cooperative Research Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:129-36. 2006To predict and compare the amount of accommodation achievable by pseudophakic accommodating intraocular lenses (IOLs) using optical ray-tracing analysis.
- [Optical biometry of eyes corrected by phakic intraocular lenses]G Pitault
Service d ophtalmologie 3, Centre Hospitalier National d Ophtalmologie des Quinze Vingts, 28, rue de Charenton 75012 Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 28:1052-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether eye length measurements obtained with the IOL Master (Zeiss Humphrey) before and after phakic IOL implantation would show any changes...
- Tilt and decentration of three-piece foldable high-refractive silicone and hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses with 6-mm optics in an intraindividual comparisonMartin Baumeister
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 140:1051-8. 2005Intraindividual comparison of tilt and decentration of three-piece foldable intraocular lenses (IOLs) with 6-mm optics and different edge design and material.
- Pigment release and secondary glaucoma after implantation of single-piece acrylic intraocular lenses in the ciliary sulcusHarvey Siy Uy
University of the Philippines, Philippine General Hospital, Manila Asian Eye Institute, Makati City, Philippines
Am J Ophthalmol 142:330-2. 2006To report the association of sulcus-fixated, single-piece hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lenses (HAIOL) with pigment release and secondary glaucoma.
- [Cause analysis and management of severe dislocated or subluxated intraocular lenses in the capsular bag]Wen Qing Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Sixth People s Hospital of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 42:396-9. 2006To analyze the causes of severe dislocated and subluxated intraocular lenses (IOL) in capsular bag and the relevancy with abnormal capsular constitution.
- Visual performance and contrast sensitivity after phacoemulsification with implantation of aspheric foldable intraocular lensesRavi Nabh
Advanced Eye Centre, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:347-53. 2009..To compare visual performance after phacoemulsification with implantation of an aspheric intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Late dislocation of scleral-sutured posterior chamber intraocular lensesMarianne O Price
Cornea Research Foundation of America, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:1320-6. 2005..To examine a recent series of late scleral-sutured posterior chamber intraocular lens (PCIOL) dislocations to identify possible causes and preventive measures...
- Change in corneal aberrations after cataract surgery with 2 types of aspherical intraocular lensesSusana Marcos
Instituto de Optica Daza de Valdes, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:217-26. 2007To study the effect of cataract surgery through 3.2 mm superior incisions on corneal aberrations with 2 types of monofocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) with an aspherical design.
- Ultrasound biomicroscopic analysis of iris-sutured foldable posterior chamber intraocular lensesJuan J Mura
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Ophthalmol 149:245-252.e2. 2010To report ultrasound biomicroscopic (UBM) findings of iris-sutured foldable posterior chamber intraocular lenses (PCIOLs).
- Prospective visual evaluation of apodized diffractive intraocular lensesJose F Alfonso
Fernández Vega Ophthalmological Institute, the Surgery Department, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1235-43. 2007..To evaluate distance, intermediate, and near visual performance in patients who had multifocal apodized diffractive intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Glistenings in the single-piece, hydrophobic, acrylic intraocular lensesAaron Waite
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 144:143-4. 2007To study glistenings in single-piece AcrySof (models SA60 and SN60; Alcon, Fort Worth, Texas, USA) intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Complications of foldable intraocular lenses requiring explantation or secondary intervention--2007 survey updateNick Mamalis
John A Moran Eye Center, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1584-91. 2008The tenth annual survey of complications associated with foldable intraocular lenses (IOLs) requiring explantation or secondary intervention was sent to members of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the European ..
- Accommodative intraocular lenses: current statusH Burkhard Dick
Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 16:8-26. 2005..With accommodative effort, the capsular bag expands and the springs express kinetic energy, which might allow the optics to separate as the anterior lens moves forward...
- Scheimpflug imaging of modern foldable high-refractive silicone and hydrophobic acrylic intraocular lensesMartin Baumeister
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Dev Ophthalmol 34:187-94. 2002
- Randomized controlled trial of anterior-chamber intraocular lenses in Nepal: long-term follow-upJ R Evans
Glaxo Department of Ophthalmic Epidemiology, Institute of Ophthalmology University College London, England
Bull World Health Organ 78:372-8. 2000..We have studied the use of multiflex open-loop anterior-chamber intraocular lenses (ACIOL) in high-volume low-cost surgery...
- Uveal and capsular biocompatibility of hydrophilic acrylic, hydrophobic acrylic, and silicone intraocular lensesClaudette Abela-Formanek
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical School, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:50-61. 2002To evaluate the long-term response of 6 types of 3-piece intraocular lenses (IOLs) by assessing the cellular reaction on the anterior IOL surface, the behavior of posterior and anterior capsule fibrosis, and flare.
- [Calculation for emmetropic intraocular lenses in hypermetropia]M Hlozanek
Dĕtská ocní klinika UK 2 LF a FN Motol, Praha
Cesk Slov Oftalmol 58:153-7. 2002..Authors reached following modification of A-constant in SRK formula: new A-constant = original A-constant + C, where C = 0,146*AL2 - 7,702*AL + 100,130...
- Visual function after bilateral implantation of apodized diffractive aspheric multifocal intraocular lenses with a +3.0 D additionThomas Kohnen
Department of Ophthalmology, Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:2062-9. 2009To evaluate visual function after bilateral implantation of apodized diffractive aspheric multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) with a +3.0 diopter addition (add) power.
- Preventing lens epithelial cell migration using intraocular lenses with sharp rectangular edgesO Nishi
Nishi Eye Hospital, Osaka, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:1543-9. 2000..To compare the preventive effect on posterior capsule opacification (PCO) of an acrylic intraocular lens (IOL) and a silicone IOL, both with sharp rectangular optic edges...
- Subjective photic phenomena with refractive multifocal and monofocal intraocular lenses. results of a multicenter questionnaireG Haring
Department of Ophthalmology, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:245-9. 2001..To compare the incidence and severity of photic phenomena after the implantation of the Array(R) (Allergan) refractive multifocal intraocular lens (MIOL) and a monofocal IOL...
- Safety of posterior chamber phakic intraocular lenses for the correction of high myopia: anterior segment changes after posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens implantationI Jimenez-Alfaro
Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Madrid, Spain
Ophthalmology 108:90-9. 2001..To assess the safety of posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens (PCPIOL) implantation in patients with high myopia...
- Posterior capsule opacification and Nd:YAG capsulotomy rates after implantation of silicone, hydrogel and soft acrylic intraocular lenses: a two-year follow-up studyG Beltrame
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital of San Donà di Piave, Venezia, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:388-94. 2002To compare the posterior capsule opacification (PCO) and neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) laser posterior capsulotomy rates associated with three different posterior chamber foldable intraocular lenses (IOL).
- Comparison of two acrylic intraocular lenses with different haptic designs in patients with combined phacoemulsification and pars plana vitrectomyA Mingels
Department of Ophthalmology at St Franziskus Hospital, Muenster, Germany
Eye (Lond) 21:1379-83. 2007The intra- and postoperative characteristics of two foldable single-piece intraocular lenses (IOL) with identical hydrophilic acrylic material, but different haptic designs (Akreos Adapt and Akreos Fit), were compared in combined ..
- [Aspheric intraocular lenses]T Kohnen
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt, Deutschland
Ophthalmologe 105:234-40. 2008Over the last years, the implantation of intraocular lenses (IOLs) has become a safe, effective, stable, and well-predictable procedure of lens replacement surgery...
- Remarks on WaveFront designed aberration correcting intraocular lensesWerner Fiala
Department of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Medical University of Vienna, Wien, Austria
Optom Vis Sci 86:529-36. 2009Aberration correcting intraocular lenses (IOL), design philosophies and terminology are discussed. The study is restricted to wavefront errors and IOLs which exhibit rotational symmetry.
- A prospective, randomised comparison of single and three piece acrylic foldable intraocular lensesR Nejima
Miyata Eye Hospital, Miyazaki, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 88:746-9. 2004To compare the postoperative performance of single and three piece acrylic foldable intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Comparative performance of intraocular lenses in eyes with cataract and uveitisJorge L Alio
Department of Cataract Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Avenida Denia 111, 03015 Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:2096-108. 2002..To evaluate the postoperative outcomes in uveitic eyes after phacoemulsification and posterior chamber intraocular lens (IOL) implantation...
- Biometry of 3 types of intraocular lenses using Scheimpflug photographyJ S Kim
Chung-Ang University Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:533-6. 2001....
- Scheimpflug measurement of intraocular lens position after piggyback implantation of foldable intraocular lenses in eyes with high hyperopiaMartin Baumeister
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:2098-104. 2006To investigate the position of 3-piece foldable intraocular lenses (IOLs) after piggyback implantation for high hyperopia.
- Bilateral dislocation of in-the-bag posterior chamber intraocular lenses in a patient with intermediate uveitisHarilaos S Brilakis
Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Washington, DC, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2013-4. 2003We present a case of bilateral dislocation of in-the-bag intraocular lenses (IOLs) in a patient with intermediate uveitis. The IOLs dislocated into the vitreous cavity 24 and 41 months postoperatively...
- Pigment dispersion and Artisan phakic intraocular lenses: crystalline lens rise as a safety criterionGeorges Baikoff
Monticelli Clinic, Marseilles, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:674-80. 2005..To validate the theory that crystalline lens rise can be used as a safety criterion to prevent pigment dispersion in eyes with an Artisan phakic intraocular lens (IOL) (Ophtec BV)...
- Inflammation after implantation of hydrophilic acrylic, hydrophobic acrylic, or silicone intraocular lenses in eyes with cataract and uveitis: comparison to a control groupClaudette Abela-Formanek
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1153-9. 2002To compare the course of inflammation after small-incision cataract surgery with implantation of 1 of 3 types of foldable intraocular lenses (IOLs) in eyes with uveitis.
- Reading ability with pseudophakic monovision and with refractive multifocal intraocular lenses: comparative studyMisae Ito
Department of Rehabilitation, Orthoptics and Visual Science Course, School of Allied Health Science, Kitasato University, Kanagawa, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1501-4. 2009..To the compare the reading ability after bilateral cataract surgery in patients who had pseudophakic monovision achieved by monofocal intraocular lens (IOL) implantation and patients who had refractive multifocal IOL implantation...
- Correlation between optics quality of multifocal intraocular lenses and visual acuity: tolerance to modulation transfer function decayAdelina Felipe
Fundacion Oftalmologica del Mediterraneo, Departamento de Optica, Facultad de Fisica, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:557-62. 2010To study the relationship between the optics quality of multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) and distance-corrected near, intermediate, and distance visual acuity to determine the degree to which optics quality must change to produce a ..
- Comparison of the stability of 1-piece and 3-piece acrylic intraocular lenses in the lens capsuleKen Hayashi
Hayashi Eye Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:337-42. 2005....
- Pseudoexfoliation and the cataract surgeon: preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative issues related to intraocular pressure, cataract, and intraocular lensesBradford J Shingleton
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Center for Eye Research and Education, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1101-20. 2009..provides a comprehensive assessment of intraocular pressure (IOP), phacoemulsification techniques, and intraocular lenses (IOLs) in pseudoexfoliation (PXF) eyes having cataract surgery...
- Performance of presbyopia-correcting intraocular lenses in distance optical bench testsW Andrew Maxwell
California Eye Institute, Fresno, California, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:166-71. 2009To compare the optical performance of 6 presbyopia-correcting intraocular lenses (IOLs) of different designs (accommodating or multifocal and aspheric or spheric).
- Effect of decentration of wavefront-corrected intraocular lenses on the higher-order aberrations of the eyeLi Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, 6565 Fannin, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1226-30. 2005To evaluate the theoretical effect of decentration of aspherical intraocular lenses (IOLs) and wavefront-corrected IOLs up to the sixth order on higher-order aberrations (HOAs) (third through sixth order) of the eye.
- Comparison of toric intraocular lenses and peripheral corneal relaxing incisions to treat astigmatism during cataract surgeryDavid Mingo-Botín
Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Ophthalmology Service, Madrid, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1700-8. 2010..To evaluate and compare toric intraocular lens (IOL) implantation and spherical IOL implantation with peripheral corneal relaxing incisions to manage astigmatism during phacoemulsification...
- Light-scattering characteristics of explanted opacified Aquasense intraocular lensesI J E van der Meulen
Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 93:830-2. 2009To study forward light-scattering characteristics of calcified explanted intraocular lenses (IOLs) (Aquasense, Ophthalmic Innovation International Ontario).
- [Intraocular lenses for the correction of refraction errors. Part 1: phakic anterior chamber lenses]T Kohnen
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main
Ophthalmologe 102:1003-7; quiz 1018. 2005..Complications are rare and differ for the three types of PIOL; for anterior chamber lenses these are mainly pupil ovalization and endothelial cell loss...
- Depth of focus in eyes with diffractive bifocal and refractive multifocal intraocular lensesGerald Schmidinger
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1650-6. 2006..To evaluate monocular and binocular depth of focus in eyes with different multifocal intraocular lens (IOLs) systems...
- Biofilm formation on intraocular lenses by a clinical strain encoding the ica locus: a scanning electron microscopy studyLaurent Kodjikian
Department of Ophthalmology, Croix Rousse Hospital, Lyon, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4382-7. 2003..which encodes production of adhesins mediating adherence to biomaterials and to study, with scanning electron microscopy, the morphologic features of this coagulase-negative Staphylococcus strain that adheres to intraocular lenses (IOLs).
- Comparison of reading performance after bilateral implantation of multifocal intraocular lenses with +3.00 or +4.00 diopter additionMarcony R Santhiago
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:1874-9. 2010To compare reading ability after cataract surgery and bilateral implantation of multifocal intraocular lenses (IOLs) with a +3.00 diopter (D) addition (add) or a +4.00 D add.
- Influence of neodymium:YAG laser capsulotomy on ocular wavefront aberrations in pseudophakic eyes with hydrophilic and hydrophobic intraocular lensesJos J Rozema
Department of Ophthalmology, Antwerp University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Antwerp University, Edegem, Belgium
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1906-10. 2009..To study the influence of neodymium:YAG (Nd:YAG) laser capsulotomy on ocular wavefront aberrations...
- Subluxation of suture-fixated posterior chamber intraocular lenses a clinicopathologic studyParag Parekh
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ophthalmology 114:232-7. 2007To report the occurrence of subluxation of suture-fixated posterior chamber (PC) intraocular lenses (IOL) and elucidate the mechanisms involved.
- Customized aspheric intraocular lenses calculated with real ray tracingJens Einighammer
Centre for Ophthalmology, University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1984-94. 2009To calculate the exact geometry of custom intraocular lenses (IOLs) for pseudophakic eyes and theoretically predict the residual wavefront error by real ray tracing based on Snell's law.
- [Phakic intraocular lenses. Current status and limitations]H B Dick
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Mainz
Ophthalmologe 101:232-45. 2004Phakic intraocular lenses (PIOLs), which are located closer to the eye's nodal points than the anterior corneal surface, can provide superior optical quality for higher corrections because of retention of normal prolate corneal ..
- Biocompatible PEG-Functionalized MethacrylatesWilliam Collins; Fiscal Year: 2003..Macrophage chemotaxis and phagocytosis will be assessed. The morphology of adherent macrophages and HCE- I cells will also be examined with scanning electron microscopy. ..
- Micro Patterned Intraocular Lens Membrane for Reducing Incidence of PCOSHRAVANTHI REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Ocular Drug Delivery Devices for Improved Postoperative Cataract CareBuddy D Ratner; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MRI Biometry of the Pseudophakic Cadaver EyeSusan A Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Strategies include lens refilling, scleral treatments, and, most notably, the development of accommodating intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- SENSIMMER? Virtual Phaco Trainer for Cataract SurgeryP Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- A Fluorescence-based Optomechanical Sensor for Intraocular Pressure MonitoringNIKOLAOS CHRONIS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Guiding the Treatment of Anterior Eye Disease with Optical Coherence TomographyDavid Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot clinical trials of these techniques are proposed. The goal is to develop surgeries that reliably improve the vision in patients with keratoconus, corneal dystrophies, and deep scars. ..
- The Regulation of Lens Fiber Cell DifferentiationMelinda K Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2012..long term visual outcome for patients, particularly those fitted with the newest generation of accommodating intraocular lenses. These studies seek to elucidate the transcriptional mechanisms responsible for normal lens fiber cell ..
- A DATABASE OF IOL POSITION AND BEHAVIORSusan A Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Strategies include lens refilling, scleral treatments, and, most notably, the development of accommodating intraocular lenses (A-IOLs)...
- Lens capsule and secondary cataractRam H Nagaraj; Fiscal Year: 2013..Completion of these aims will uncover a mechanism of PCO, and will provide a foundation for the development of more effective therapies to prevent PCO. ..
- ENGINEERING APPROACHES TO LOW VISION REHABILITATIONEli Peli; Fiscal Year: 2010..Carel Hoyng, Radboud U. Nijmegen, Holland (implant bifocal intraocular lenses), Mr...
- Differentiation of Human ES and iPS Cells into Lens CellsAles Cvekl; Fiscal Year: 2011..It has been estimated by the National Eye Institute, NIH (Bethesda, MD) that a 10-year delay in the onset of cataracts, could decrease the number of surgeries needed by almost one half, thus significantly decreasing vision care costs. ..
- Zonular Capture Accommodative-Disaccommodative Intraocular Lens SystemPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..This Phase I data is fundamental to engineering the haptic-optic system that can produce the accommodative range required under the restrictions of forces and amplitude of displacement present in the living eye. ..
- EPIKERATOPHAKIA: THE SURGICAL CORRECTION OF APHAKIAMARGUERITE MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 1991..aphakia in adult patients unable to tolerate contact lenses and not candidates for secondary implantation of intraocular lenses, and adapted for use in infants and children with congenital and traumatic cataracts to restore vision and ..
- Variable Power PhoropterJames T Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, other technologies such as wavefront-guided spectacle lenses, custom contact lenses and writable intraocular lenses are all finding their way out of the laboratory and into patients...
- Coordinating Center for Infant Aphakia Treatment Study (IATS)Michael J Lynn; Fiscal Year: 2013b>Intraocular lenses (lOLs) are now the accepted treatment following cataract surgery in older children and are being used increasingly in younger children and infants, but little is known about the safety or efficacy of lOLs for a rapidly ..
- Curvature Changing Accommodating IOLJames T Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2012..More sophisticated technologies such as multifocal contact lenses and intraocular lenses (IOLs) have been successfully employed to treat presbyopia...
- MRI Biometry of the Pseudophakic Cadaver EyeSusan Strenk; Fiscal Year: 2007..Strategies include lens refilling, scleral treatments, and, most notably, the development of accommodating intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- Optomechanical characteristics of lens accommodationFabrice Manns; Fiscal Year: 2013..3: To compare the pseudophakic accommodative response in subjects implanted with standard and accommodating intraocular lenses. The system developed in Aim 1 will be used to measure and compare the accommodation-induced changes in ..
- INFANT APHAKIA TREATMENT STUDYScott R Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2013b>Intraocular lenses (lOLs) are now the accepted treatment following cataract surgery in older children and are being used increasingly in younger children and infants, but little is known about the safety or efficacy of lOLs for a rapidly ..
- VCSEL technology for ultrahigh speed OCT retinal and anterior eye imagingVIJAYSEKHAR JAYARAMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..VCSEL performance will be increased by incorporating advanced designs and processing methods, with each generation of VCSELs integrated into ongoing clinical studies with collaborators in retinal, whole eye, and anterior eye imaging. ..
- Biofilm Formation And P. aeruginosa infection of the eyeMichael Zegans; Fiscal Year: 2006..complications and often are associated with prosthetic devices such as contact lenses, scleral buckles, and intraocular lenses. Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA) is one of the most common causes of bacterial keratitis...
- Adjustable Injectable Intraocular LensShiao Chang; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOUSE CHEMOTAXIS ASSAY--SUBSTITUTE VITREOUS TESTNANCY LARSEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..The development of this assay may serve to greatly reduce the use of primates for this purpose, to a marked decrease in the cost of testing, and to an increased use of lower animals and tissue culture for sample evaluation...
- CHRONIC ENDOPHTHALMITIS COMPLICATING CATARACT SURGERYRonald Smith; Fiscal Year: 1992..The results of these studies will help elucidate the pathogenesis of this emerging and complex cause of postoperative chronic inflammation...
- Clinical Accommodation MeasurementAdrian Glasser; Fiscal Year: 2010..Several new, potentially accommodative intraocular lenses are undergoing research and clinical testing and FDA clinical trials are likely to commence for some of ..
- COMPUTER SYSTEM FOR PATIENT DATA-BASE MANAGEMENTAndrew Schachat; Fiscal Year: 1990..We feel that supplementing our system with a Pyramid 9815 Supermini-Computer will break this bottleneck and permit our planned expanded research for at least the next ten years...
- Adjustable Phakic Intraocular LensShiao Chang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO ANALYSIS OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIAL WOUND HEALINGW Petroll; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- CALCIUM AND THE NORMAL LENS AND CATARACTGeorge Duncan; Fiscal Year: 2000..culture system will be invaluable for testing the growth-inhibiting (and hence PCO inhibiting) properties of intraocular lenses (IOLs) coated with thapsigargin. 3H-labeled Tg will be used to optimize the coating technology...
- POST-OPERATIVE ADJUSTMENT OF INTRAOCULAR LENS POWERCHRISTIAN SANDSTEDT; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Bubble Based Acoustic Force Elasticity for PresbyopiaKYLE HOLLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Test and refine this method by mapping the spatial distribution of elasticity in tissue with medical significance, the intraocular lens. ..
- Adjustable Injectable Intraocular LensShiao Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adjustable Phakic Intraocular LensShiao Chang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Phase III of the project will include US clinical studies, leading to PMA approval and commercial sales. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ULTRASONIC SYSTEM FOR OCULAR VISUALIZATION AND BIOMETRYGEORGE WISEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: The research will provide advanced ultrasonic systems to provide precise biometric data that is essential for optimal laser?refractive surgery and intraocular lens implants. ..
- Extra-lenticular aspects of accommodation and presbyopiaPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..are eliminated, mobility of the muscle can be restored and facilitate the function of accommodating intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- SmartlOL Accommodative Intraocular LensStephen Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work in Phase I will prepare for Phase II testing of an improved design in a primate model and full preclinical studies. ..
- Multiscale Modeling of Accommodation and PresbyopiaJANE KORETZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..The way that the focusing process changes with aging can provide clues for ways to arrest or slow the loss of visual range. It is also important in the design of intraocular lens implants that can effectively restore focusing ability. ..
- Photochromic Intraocular LensesStephen Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, it provides cataract patients with additional protection for retina by reducing the risk of macular degeneration or its progression. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HIGH PERMEABILITY, LONG WEAR CONTACT LENS MATERIALSStuart Nemser; Fiscal Year: 1999..Additionally, a permanent contact lens could be used as an alternative to intraocular lens replacement after cataract surgery. ..
- Postoperative Adjustment of Intraocular Lens PowerShiao Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- ELLIPTICAL ACCOMMODATIVE INTRAOCULAR LENSFAEZEH SARFARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2000..5 million units per year in the U.S. for cataract patients alone, with the potential for additional units for presbyopia therapy. ..
- CYCLODEXTRINS FOR SLOW-RELEASE ANTIBIOTIC COATINGPeter Duquette; Fiscal Year: 1992..It is stated that polymer-based implantable devices, such as urinary tract catheters, intraocular lenses, vascular grafts,and pacemaker leads comprise 80% of all non-orthopedic implantable devices and the number ..
- Development of an Adjustable Intraocular LensHARRY EGGLESTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Phase I will also be used to characterize the proposed concept and to perform initial experiments on a magnetically controllable insert for optic adjustment outside of the eye PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- MEMS Intraocular Pressure SensorMichael Ricci; Fiscal Year: 2007..will design 1mm and 3mm scale microelectromechanical (MEMS) pressure sensors suitable for attachment to intraocular lenses (IOLs) and as intravitreal implants, respectively...
- A Cell-Based Therapy for CataractsRichard Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Once established in animal models, the techniques described would be used with human ES cells and additional steps taken toward a practical therapy. ..
- ER:YAG LASER LENS EMULSIFICATIONCOLETTE COZEAN; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- IOL-IMMOBILIZED IMMUNOTOXINS TO PREVENT SECONDARY CATARAPeter Kelleher; Fiscal Year: 1991..These factors would lead to more efficacious killing, and at the same time allow for a substantial lowering of the clinical dose which would reduce patient exposure to the immunotoxin...
- DEVELOPMENT OF A MICROFENESTRATED INTRACORNEAL LENSPaul Mason; Fiscal Year: 1990..Acceptable resolution will be the ANSI standard for intraocular lenses (ICLs): 60% resolution efficiency (American National Standards Institute 1984)...
- Multicomponent Intraocular Lens-Prototype FabricationTheodore Werblin; Fiscal Year: 2001..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Development of new advanced (high technology) intra ocular lenses for human implantation in cataract and refractive surgery. ..
- INTRAOCULAR LENS COATINGS TO PREVENT CORNEA DAMAGEEUGENE GOLDBERG; Fiscal Year: 1980..Results to date suggest that hydrophilic coatings may afford a significant improvement in the safe use of IOL implants...
- Three-Dimensional Ocular Imaging Using UltrasoundDAVID KYNOR; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will also work with our commercialization partner to integrate our array into their ocular imaging system. ..
- ULTRAMICROSCOPIC CHANGES IN CORNEA AND CORNEAL GRAFTSFRANK POLACK; Fiscal Year: 1980..alterations in experimental graft rejection - the function on T-lymphocytes in the graft reaction and to investigate the phenomena of bacterial adhesion to the corneal surface, and to ultramicrscopically study removed intraocular lenses.
- EYE GROWTH DURING INFANCYScott Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2001..In addition, by understanding the mechanisms retarding ocular growth, it may be possible to modulate the excessive ocular growth which occurs in certain pathological conditions such as retinopathy of prematurity. ..
- Snapshot Retinal Imaging PolarimeterJames Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the device could potentially be a low-cost add-on to existing fundus cameras, allowing a more widespread utility than existing devices. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Subjective Refraction by Meridional Power MatchingEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Technological Innovation: Providing an accurate, low-cost, low-maintenance refractor that can be easily transported and used in hostile environments. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- Accommodative changes in aging eyesAdrian Glasser; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will provide a foundation for studies directed at understanding if accommodation can be restored with artificial accommodative intraocular lenses.
- Multi-Resolution Corneal Topography (MRCT)EDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2006..research grant ..