Summary: Endoscopes for visual examination of the urinary bladder.
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Practical cystoscopy: care of the instruments and preparation for a cystoscopic examinationPaul M Pilcher
St John s Hospital of Brooklyn, Jewish Hospital of Brooklyn, USA
Urol Nurs 24:120-4. 2004..One example, "this undoubtedly shortens the life of the catheter, but it lengthens the life of the patient" appears in the discussion about catheter cleaning after use in a pus case...
- Flexible cystoscopy assisted by hexaminolevulinate induced fluorescence: a new approach for bladder cancer detection and surveillance?W Loidl
Department of Urology, University of Vienna, Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Eur Urol 47:323-6. 2005..The aim of this study was the assessment of flexible cystoscopy assisted by hexaminolevulinate (HAL) fluorescence...
- Laparoscopic extraction of the awkward intravesical foreign body: a point of techniqueBalgopal Eradi
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, United Kingdom
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 18:75-6. 2008..The entry into the bladder is guided by visualization through the cystoscope. The foreign body is grasped using a laparoscopic grasper and delivered via the suprapubic incision en masse with the port...
- Outbreak of cystoscopy related infections with Pseudomonas aeruginosa: New Mexico, 2007Aaron M Wendelboe
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Urol 180:588-92; discussion 592. 2008..Personnel at the New Mexico Department of Health investigated a Pseudomonas aeruginosa outbreak potentially associated with outpatient cystoscopy performed by a urologist during January 1 to April 22, 2007...
- Evaluation of practice efficiency with a novel sheathed flexible cystoscope: a randomized controlled trialAlfred Krebs
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Medical Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
Urology 70:883-7. 2007The processing of standard flexible cystoscopes is time-consuming and potentially hazardous to healthcare staff...
- Joint AUA/SUNA white paper on reprocessing of flexible cystoscopesJ Quentin Clemens
American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5330, USA
J Urol 184:2241-5. 2010Numerous federal bodies and professional societies have produced guidelines and standards for the reprocessing of endoscopes, but few specifically address the reprocessing of cystoscopes.
- An independent analysis of flexible cystoscope repairs and costBenjamin K Canales
Department of Urologic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 178:2098-101; discussion 2102. 2007To establish the repair patterns of flexible cystoscopes we performed a systematic review of repairs performed at an independent endoscope repair company.
- Midazolam anesthesia during rigid and flexible cystoscopyYun Seob Song
Department of Urology, Soonchunhyang School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Urol Res 35:139-42. 2007..No difference was evident between group 2 and 3 regarding the pain score. Midazolam anesthesia may relieve pain during rigid and flexible cystoscopy. Our findings suggest that midazolam anesthesia during cystoscopy is useful and safe...
- Comparison of optical resolution with digital and standard fiberoptic cystoscopes in an in vitro modelSejal S Quayle
Department of Urology, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 66:489-93. 2005To compare two different distal sensor flexible endoscopes with standard fiberoptic cystoscopes for optical resolution. Distal video sensor flexible endoscopy may represent the cusp of a new endoscopic revolution.
- Thomo bagM Mulligan
Anaesth Intensive Care 33:277-8. 2005
- Improved patient compliance using pediatric cystoscope during office hysteroscopyMoty Pansky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:262-4. 2004..To evaluate the use of a pediatric cystoscope in office diagnostic hysteroscopy...
- Use of resectoscope to aid in bladder stone extractionD P Viprakasit
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Urology 65:1219-20. 2005..This technique decreases the overall time required for stone manipulation by allowing larger size stone fragments to be removed from the urethra under direct visualization...
- New ultrasonic cystofiberscope for staging bladder tumorsKazutaka Horiuchi
Department of Urology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Endourol 19:130-2. 2005..The cystofiberscope is useful for assessing the depth of bladder tumor invasion accurately...
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy for benign prostate hyperplasia: separating truth from marketing hypeKonstantin Walmsley
Department of Urology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Urol 172:1249-55. 2004..There are various modifications to this technology, with each manufacturer touting safety and efficacy. We review the rationale of TUMT, as well as the historical safety and efficacy of this approach...
- [The treatment of bladder lithiasis with laser]Miguel Arrabal Martin
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:985-93. 2008..The holmium laser generates energy pulses of 400-2500 mJ, it is able to fragment every type of stone. The objective of this work is to analyze the results of endoscopic bladder lithotripsy with holmium-YAG laser...
- [Introduction of cold light to endoscopy]C W Kieser
Medizinhistorisches Institut und Museum der Universität Zürich, CH 8001 Zurich
Aktuelle Urol 39:130-4. 2008..Not before 1963 did K. Storz and the other German manufacturers produce their first cold light cystoscopes. Not possessing the know-how of glass fiber manufacturing, they had to get their fibers from abroad. K...
- Primary obstructive megaureter: initial experience with endoscopic dilatationOriol Angerri
Pediatric Urology Unit, Urology Department, Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona, Spain
J Endourol 21:999-1004. 2007..We present seven patients with POM who were treated endoscopically with balloon dilatation of the distal ureter...
- Confocal laser endomicroscopy of bladder and upper tract urothelial carcinoma: a new era of optical diagnosis?Stephanie P Chen
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, S 287, Stanford, CA, 94305 5118, USA
Curr Urol Rep 15:437. 2014..A variety of imaging probes are available that are compatible with the full spectrum of cystoscopes and ureteroscopes...
- Durability of flexible cystoscopes in the outpatient settingJohn J McGill
Urology Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Urology 81:932-7. 2013..To ascertain cystoscope durability in relation to usage and cost in the outpatient setting...
- [Transurethral resection of bladder tumors and prostate enlargement in physiological saline solution (TURIS). A prospective study]A Rose
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 46:1148-50. 2007..In this prospective randomized trial we compared conventional TUR with TUR in saline regarding safety and efficiency...
- Outpatient diagnostic of bladder tumours in flexible cystoscopes: evaluation of fluorescence-guided flexible cystoscopy and bladder biopsiesGregers G Hermann
Department of Urology, Copenhagen University, Frederiksberg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Urol Nephrol 46:31-6. 2012The aim of this study was to evaluate photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) in flexible cystoscopes and the diagnostic quality of biopsies for diagnosis of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer in the outpatients department (OPD).
- Novel technique of cytolithotripsy for large bladder stonesGokhan Toktas
Department of Urology, Ministry of Health, Istanbul Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Asian J Endosc Surg 6:245-8. 2013..We evaluated a minimally invasive surgical technique involving a single percutaneous access with a laparoscopic trocar under video-cystoscopic vision for managing large bladder stones. All patients were candidates for open surgery...
- Optical spectroscopy of the bladder washout fluid to optimize fluorescence cystoscopy with Hexvix®Carla Martoccia
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL, Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Station 6, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biomed Opt 19:97002. 2014..This should be included in the optical design of fluorescence cystoscopes. We estimate that restricting the excitation range from 370–430 nm to 395–415 nm would reduce the BWF ..
- Cystourethroscopy in the cat: What do you need? When do you need it? How do you do it?Allyson Berent
The Animal Medical Center, New York, USA
J Feline Med Surg 16:34-41. 2014..As expertise is expanding, the use of similar techniques in feline patients is growing...
- Max Nitze, the cystoscope and urologyHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 176:1313-6. 2006..Maximilian Carl-Friedrich Nitze (1848 to 1906) designed the modern cystoscope, providing a foundation for urology...
- Comparison of flexible and rigid cystoscopy-assisted ureteral catheter insertion before percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a prospective randomized trialAbdulkadir Tepeler
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Bezmialem Vakif University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Endourol 27:722-6. 2013..To compare the advantages of flexible and rigid cystoscopy-assisted ureteral catheter placement before prone percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL)...
- Refractive and reflective image distortion during lower tract endoscopy--a potential cause of misdiagnosisAltaf Mangera
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Endourol 24:199-200. 2010..Flexible cystoscopy is well established in urological practice. We present a unique image obtained during bladder inspection, illustrating visual refractive distortion, which highlights the potential difficulty in optical interpretation...
- Transcervical artificial insemination in dogs and cats: review of the technique and practical aspectsS Romagnoli
Department of Animal Medicine, Production and Health, University of Padova, Legnaro, PD, Italy
Reprod Domest Anim 49:56-63. 2014..initially in the bitch and are now gradually being replaced by rigid endoscopy through the adaptation of human cystoscopes and ureteroscopes...
- The randomized comparison of two different endoscopic techniques in the management of large bladder stones: transurethral use of nephroscope or cystoscope?Kemal Ener
2nd Urology Clinic, Ataturk Teaching and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Endourol 23:1151-5. 2009..To gain more insight into the endoscopic bladder stone management, we aimed to compare the transurethral use of nephroscope and cystoscope randomly...
- Impact of real-time visualization of cystoscopy findings on procedural pain in female patientsAmit R Patel
Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Endourol 22:2695-8. 2008..We sought to demonstrate similar effects of distraction on women undergoing rigid office cystoscopy...
- [Flexible cystoscopes: disinfection and microbiological surveillance practices among French urologists]S Malavaud
CHU de Toulouse, Hopital Rangueil, Toulouse Cedex, France
Prog Urol 22:731-5. 2012According to the French regulatory authorities, the highest level of disinfection must be achieved for flexible cystoscopes, as they enter a sterile cavity, the current method being peracetic acid disinfection and sterile water terminal ..
- Nurse-led flexible cystoscopy in Australia: initial experience and early resultsNikhil Sapre
Department of Urology and Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
BJU Int 110:46-50. 2012....
- Flexible cystoscope for evaluating pelvic fracture urethral distraction defectsXu Li
Department of Urology, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
Urol Int 89:402-7. 2012..To describe the value of flexible cystoscopy versus conventional urethrography (retrograde urethrography and cystourethrography) in diagnosing pelvic fracture urethral distraction defects (PFUDDs)...
- [Reprocessing rigid and flexible cystoscopes in urology: recommendations for ambulant practices]U Heudorf
Abteilung Medizinische Dienste und Hygiene, Stadtgesundheitsamt Frankfurt M, Braubachstrasse 18 22, 60311, Frankfurt, Germany
Urologe A 46:1528-33. 2007..understandable and practicable information and recommendations for the reprocessing of rigid and flexible cystoscopes. Based on the German Guidelines for reprocessing medical devices and cystoscopes practical information and ..
- Randomized clinical trial on antimicrobial prophylaxis for flexible urethrocystoscopyAntonio Jiménez-Pacheco
Urology Department, Hospital Santa Ana, Granada, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 65:542-9. 2012..To clarify this uncertainty, we practiced a pilot and experimental study aimed at assessing the effectiveness of chemoprophylaxis with 3 grams of fosfomycin trometamol in the prevention of UTI after urethrocystoscopy...
- [The "bladder electro-cutter" of A. von Lichtenberg and W. Heynemann]R Hubmann
Urologe A 42:567-8. 2003
- Virtual reality flexible cystoscopy: a validation studyJ Shah
Academic Surgical Unit, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:828-32. 2002..To validate a flexible cystoscopy simulator by determining if it could differentiate between expert and novice cystoscopists...
- [Closure of vesicovaginal fistulas from the urologic viewpoint with reference to endoscopic fibrin glue technique]J A Schneider
Urologische Klinik des Klinikums Ingolstadt
Zentralbl Gynakol 114:70-3. 1992..The primary closure rate of the first mentioned method is 88 per cent, but 66 per cent in cases of endoscopic fibrin sealing. The last method is reported in detail...
- Rinsability of orthophthalaldehyde from endoscopesNorman Miner
MicroChem Laboratory, Inc, 1107 C South Airport Circle, Euless, TX 76040, USA
Diagn Ther Endosc 2012:853781. 2012Orthophthalaldehyde high level disinfectants are contraindicated for use with urological instruments such as cystoscopes due to anaphylaxis-like allergic reactions during surveillance of bladder cancer patients...
- A randomized, single-blinded pilot study evaluating use of a laparoscope or a cystoscope for cystoscopy during gynecologic surgeryKatherine G Kratz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 19:606-14. 2012..To prospectively evaluate time required to perform cystoscopy with a laparoscope or a cystoscope after laparoscopic hysterectomy. Urinary tract symptoms, infection, adverse events, and expense were also evaluated...
- Bladder perforation of the tension-free vaginal tape detected with a flexible cystoscopeToshiaki Tanaka
The Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:805-6; discussion 807. 2006..This case suggests that employment of a flexible cytoscope is useful to detect the placement of tape in the bladder wall, which may be missed with a rigid cytoscope...
- [The biography of Maximilian Nitze (1848-1906) and his contribution to the urology]A B Verger-Kuhnke
Reuter Klink, Servicio de Urología del Hospital Karl Olga, Hospital Escuela de la Universidad de Ulm, Museo de Medicina Endoscópica, Max Nitze
Actas Urol Esp 31:697-704. 2007..By the beginning of the XX century urology reached the status of an independent specialty by separating from surgery, dermatology/venerology, internal medicine and pathology...
- A new small-calibre diagnostic flexible cystoscopeD J Dryhurst
Academic Urological Unit, The Royal London Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 89:194-6. 2002..To determine whether flexible cystoscopy with a prototype slim flexible instrument is less uncomfortable than flexible cystoscopy using a standard flexible cystoscope...
- Sterile disposable sheath system for flexible cystoscopesNathan Lawrentschuk
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Austin Hospital, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Urology 66:1310-3. 2005..However, it must be performed to prevent contamination of the endoscopes. This study is the first to document experience using a flexible cystoscope with a disposable sheath in a urologic setting...
- [Economic and organizational impact of the use of a disposable sheath with a flexible cystoscope]A C Coste
Service de Chirurgie Urologique, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Bâtiment 3C, 165, Chemin du Grand Revoyet, 69495 Pierre Benite Cedex, France
Prog Urol 23:356-63. 2013..To assess both economical and organizational impact as well as bacteriologic safety of a flexible cystoscope with sterile disposable sheath (FCSDS) compared to standard flexible cystoscopy (SFC) in two French urologic academic units...
- Diagnostic laparoscopies in rural areas: a different use for the cystoscopeJ Gnanaraj
Burrows Memorial Christian Hospital, Alipur, Banskandi Post, Cachar District, Assam, India 788101
Trop Doct 40:156. 2010..Diagnostic laparoscopies overcome the disadvantages of open surgical procedures and provide useful diagnostic information. We describe a method of carrying out diagnostic laparoscopies using the cystoscope in rural areas...
- Differential diagnosis of chronic pelvic pain in women: the urologist's approachSophie G Fletcher
Department of Urology, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Rev Urol 6:557-62. 2009..By using a stepwise approach and an evidence-based thought process, the obscurity of chronic bladder and urethral pain can evolve into a progressively narrowing differential...
- Two centuries of cystoscopy: the development of imaging, instrumentation and synergistic technologiesMary K Samplaski
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
BJU Int 103:154-8. 2009..From this past, it is clear that today's cystoscope is merely a forerunner of that which the future will bring...
- A large bullet in the bladderN Halkic
Service de Chirurgie, CHUV, Lausanne
Swiss Surg 7:139-40. 2001..We present here an alternative to suprapubic cystostomy with a large bladder foreign body treated via a combined transurethral unroofing followed by removal using a grasper passed through a suprapubic laparoscopic port...
- [Nephroscopy with carbon dioxide in combination with laparoscopy in the treatment of urinary stones]A Garcia-Segui
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital General Mateu Orfila, Mahon, Menorca, Islas Baleares, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 36:186-90. 2012..In these cases, the nephroscopy with use of carbon dioxide (CO2) can be an alternative. We present our experience in with this technique...
- Validation of a flexible cystoscopy courseJ Shah
Academic Surgical Unit, Imperial College School of Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 90:833-5. 2002..To examine the instructional effectiveness of a course for nurses wishing to learn flexible cystoscopy, using a virtual reality flexible cystoscopy simulator to measure the outcome...
- Development of a standardized curriculum for teaching cystoscopic skills using a computer-based endourologic simulatorMatthew T Gettman
Department of Urology, Division of Biostatistics, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Simul Healthc 4:92-7. 2009..The goal of this study is to assess the learning curve and subjective impressions of cystoscopic tasks performed by untrained subjects on a computer-based simulator using a standardized curriculum...
- A tale of two telescopes: far in and far outLeon Morgenstern
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Surg Innov 14:7-8. 2007
- The digital flexible ureteroscope: in vitro assessment of optical characteristicsDorit E Zilberman
Division of Urologic Surgery, Comprehensive Kidney Stone Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Endourol 25:519-22. 2011..Digital technology was first introduced into flexible cystoscopes/nephroscopes and subsequently into rigid and flexible ureteroscopes...
- [Experience on the use of extra slim gastrointestinal endoscopes in ileal conduit endoscopy]Shusuke Akamatsu
The Department of Urology, Nishi Kobe Medical Center
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:283-6. 2007..It is often difficult to examine ileal conduits with flexible cystoscopes because ileal conduits lack continent mechanisms and cannot be dilated adequately with water irrigation...
- Impact of patient's self-viewing of flexible cystoscopy on pain using a visual analog scale in a randomized controlled trialKashifuddin Q Soomro
Department of Surgery, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Urology 77:21-3. 2011..To investigate the difference in pain score of patients allowed to view their flexible cystoscopy procedure compared with those who have not viewed the procedure on the video monitor...
- Prospective comparison of flexible fiberoptic and digital cystoscopesZhamshid Okhunov
Department of Urology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 74:427-30. 2009To compare the optics, performance, and durability of digital (DC) and fiberoptic (FC) cystoscopes.
- [Reprocessing cystoscopes in urology. Guideline compliance in hospitals and private practices in Frankfurt/M, Germany in 2005/2006]U Heudorf
Abteilung Medizinische Dienste und Hygiene, Stadtgesundheitsamt, Frankfurt am Main, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 50:1138-44. 2007..the recommendations of the German Guidelines for reprocessing medical instruments including rigid and flexible cystoscopes. In 12 hospitals and 22 private practices cystoscopy was performed using rigid cystoscopes, whereas flexible ..
- Endoscopic removal of intravesical thermometer using a rigid nephroscope and forcepsKenryu Nishiyama
Department of Urology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University and Shimada Urology Clinic, Aira gun, Kagoshima, Japan
Int J Urol 9:717-8. 2002..Our retrieval technique may be of general use in such cases, and it should be attempted before resorting to open surgery...
- Endocytoscopy: novel endoscopic imaging technology for in-situ observation of bladder cancer cellsTakashi Ohigashi
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Endourol 20:698-701. 2006..The newly developed Endocystoscopy system (Olympus Medical Systems Co., Tokyo, Japan) is a flexible digital endoscope that has more than a 450-fold magnifying power on a video monitor...
- Early history of endoscopic treatment of bladder tumors from Grunfeld's polypenkneipe to the Stern-McCarthy resectoscopeHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Endourol 20:85-91. 2006
- Cystoscopy in cattle--a valuable additional tool for clinical examinationSonja Franz
Clinic for Ruminants, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Vienna, Austria
Acta Vet Hung 52:423-38. 2004..Cystoscopy facilitates diagnosis through the direct visualisation of mucosal lesions and makes it possible to give a more accurate prognosis based upon the findings...
- Comparison of hexaminolevulinate based flexible and rigid fluorescence cystoscopy with rigid white light cystoscopy in bladder cancer: results of a prospective Phase II studyJ Alfred Witjes
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, St Radboud, Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 47:319-22. 2005..These studies, however, have been done with rigid cystoscopes. We carried out a study to evaluate whether the technique of fluorescence cystoscopy with HAL was also feasible ..
- Vaginal revision of intravesical tension-free vaginal tape 44 h after initial placement: a case reportLisa C Labin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, UMass Memorial Medical Center, 119 Belmont Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:223-5. 2007..With this technique, a more invasive surgery including laparotomy with cystotomy might successfully be avoided...
- A microbiological evaluation of level of disinfection for flexible cystoscopes protected by disposable endosheathsPeter Hjorth Jørgensen
Department of Urology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Urol 13:46. 2013..The purpose of this study was to make a microbiological post disinfection efficacy assessment of flexible cystoscopes (FC) using disposable sterile endosheaths.
- [A look inside the bladder--the human behind it]D Hauri
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsspital, Zurich, Schweiz
Urologe A 44:401-7. 2005..In the following we do not stress this examination, but focus on those people behind it who shared in paving the way for improvement with their fantasy and energy without neglecting to report on the human and very human aspects...
- Role of 5-aminolevulinic acid in the detection of urothelial premalignant lesionsDirk Zaak
Department of Urology, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Cancer 95:1234-8. 2002....
- Better irrigation delivers better vision: an exploratory study of a novel continuous irrigation sheath for a flexible cystoscopeZhensheng Zhang
Department of Urology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Urology 81:25-9. 2013..To evaluate the effectiveness of a novel continuous irrigation sheath (NCIS) for improving the vision of a flexible cystoscope under gross hematuria and to investigate whether this NCIS increases patient discomfort...
- The discovery of renal contrast media in BerlinKlaus Hierholzer
Department of Clinical Physiology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Schlappengasse 12, D 78476 Allensbach am Bodensee, Germany
Am J Nephrol 22:295-9. 2002After X-rays were detected and cystoscopes had become available, progress in nephrology depended on the development of contrast media which would permit imaging of the kidneys and the urinary system. We describe how A. Binz and C...
- [Transumbilical laparoscopic simple nephrectomy using a flexible cystoscope and standard laparoscopic instruments]Octavio A Castillo
Clínica Indisa, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Arch Esp Urol 62:296-300. 2009..We present our initial experience with transumbilical surgery in a simple nephrectomy performed with a flexible cystoscope and standard laparoscopic instruments...
- Successful diagnosis of orthotopic rat superficial bladder tumor model by ultrathin cystoscopyHiroshi Asanuma
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Urol 169:718-20. 2003..To our knowledge we present the first diagnosis of orthotopic rat superficial bladder tumor model by ultrathin cystoscopy...
- In utero therapy for lower urinary tract obstructionS K Agarwal
Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, London, UK
Prenat Diagn 21:970-6. 2001..It also discusses the limited data against which the efficacy of the various options can be assessed. The current state of fetal intervention is detailed in the present review...
- Improving the view at flexible cystoscopyD A Payne
Department of Urology, Leicester General Hospital, Leicester, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 85:132. 2003
- Flexible cystoscopy: is the volume and content of the urethral gel critical?M Holmes
Urology Consultant, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Endourol 15:855-8. 2001..To determine whether volume (10 or 20mL) or the presence of 2% lidocaine (lignocaine) in the gel used for urethral lubrication alters the discomfort felt during flexible cystoscopy...
- Management of transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder at Kenyatta National Hospital, NairobiC G Waihenya
Thika District Hospital, P O Box 6117, Thika, Kenya
East Afr Med J 83:679-83. 2006..To highlight the management of patients with transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder with regards to clinical presentation, treatment and outcome...
- Risk factors for trocar injury to the bladder during mid urethral sling proceduresKobi Stav
Department of Urogynaecology, Mercy Hospital for Women, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Urol 182:174-9. 2009..We determined the incidence of and risk factors for bladder injury during mid urethral sling procedures for stress urinary incontinence...
- Percutaneous endoscopic holmium laser lithotripsy for management of complicated biliary calculiKelly Healy
Department of Urology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
JSLS 13:184-9. 2009..Advances in endoscopic techniques have transformed the management of urolithiasis. We sought to evaluate the role of such urological interventions for the treatment of complex biliary calculi...
- Metal fatigue causing cystoscope rupture during bladder neck incisionAlfonso Fernandez
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery and Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
JSLS 15:421-3. 2011....
- Disappearing drain--disaster averted and lesson learnt!Vishwanath Hanchanale
Department of Urology, Leighton Hospital, Crewe, UK
N Z Med J 120:U2496. 2007..The use of postoperative drains date back to Hippocrates. We report an iatrogenic case of migrated drain into the retroperitoneum. A novel technique using a rigid cystoscope for retrieval is described that prevented another laparotomy...
- Where next for the endoscope?Ricardo A Natalin
Department of Urology, Section of Minimally Invasive Urology, Columbia University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Nat Rev Urol 6:622-8. 2009..Ultimately, the continued improvement of these minimally invasive technologies will enhance the quality of care that we can offer our patients...
- Mercury and the kidneyCharles R P George
Concord Hospital, Concord, New South Wales, Australia
J Nephrol 24:S126-32. 2011..A further contribution it made to nephrology lay in the manufacture of thermometers, sphygmomanometers and cystoscopes.
- Flexible video cystoscope with built-in high-frequency cauterizing element for transurethral resection of bladder tumorM Kawakami
Department of Urology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Int J Urol 8:713-4. 2001..We successfully treated the patient with this technique and no complications were noted. This new flexible video cystoscope was found to be safe for resecting bladder tumor under local anesthesia...
- Clinical evaluation of a newly developed endoscopic resection device (Rotoresect): physical principle and first clinical resultsM S Michel
Department of Urology, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Surg Endosc 15:1395-400. 2001..To resolve these problems, a new electrosurgical resection device, The Rotoresect, has been developed...
- [Beyond the photodynamic diagnosis: Searching for excellence in the diagnosis of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer]J Oliva Encina
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Royo Villanova, Zaragoza, Espana
Actas Urol Esp 34:657-68. 2010..Among new devices we must emphasize some like Narrow Band Imaging, Optical Coherence Tomography or Laser Confocal Endomicroscopy...
- Chemo-ablation of the prostate with dehydrated alcohol for the treatment of prostatic obstructionJ Ditrolio
Division of Urology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, USA
J Urol 167:2100-3; discussion 2103-4. 2002..We confirmed clinically whether chemo-ablation of the prostate with absolute ethanol may be an innovative transurethral approach for the relief of obstructive benign prostatic hyperplasia...
- Legacy of Edwin Beer: fulguration of papillary bladder tumorsHarry W Herr
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Urol 173:1087-9. 2005..Edwin Beer introduced the first endoscopic treatment of papillary bladder tumors in 1910. This historical review describes how his landmark discovery paved the way for office cystodiathermy to treat recurrent papillary tumors...
- Effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy as a diagnostic and therapeutic intervention for lower urinary tract obstruction: a systematic reviewR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 37:629-37. 2011..To determine the effectiveness of fetal cystoscopy in the prenatal diagnosis of and intervention for congenital lower urinary tract obstruction...
- Diagnosis and management of urothelial carcinoma of the bladderMaria F Tanaka
Department of Medicine, Section of Medical Oncology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Postgrad Med 123:43-55. 2011..It is important for primary care physicians to recognize the early signs and symptoms of bladder carcinoma, initiate the proper work-up, and refer promptly to a urologist to evaluate suspicious signs and symptoms...
- Flexible cystoscopy: a revolution in urological practicePraveen L Pillai
Department od Urology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 70:583-5. 2009..It can be done under local anaesthesia in the outpatient setting and is thus a highly useful tool. Its role in therapeutic urology is more limited but it still has a place in the management of certain conditions...
- Percutaneous renal surgery: use of flexible nephroscopy and treatment of infundibular stenosesRhonda M Walsh
Department of Urology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Endourol 23:1679-85. 2009..We also discuss various new technologies to help in these endeavors, including digital cystoscopes and ureteroscopes and our preferred baskets, as well as our particular techniques for improving stone-free ..
- Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy: optimizing surgical techniqueJosé A Salvadó
Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Endourol 23:575-8; discussion 578. 2009..In this report and video, we present our technique of laparoscopic pyelolithotomy assisted by flexible instrumentation to achieve maximal stone clearance in a selected group of patients...
- [Greenlight laser vaporization or conventional electroresection of the prostate for the treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia--David against Goliath?]A Bachmann
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsspital Basel
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:61-7. 2007
- [Maximilian Nitze (1848-1906): Obstetrician to urology]M Reuter
Museum fur Medizinische Endoskopie Max Nitze, Klinik für Urologie am KOK, Hackstrasse 61, 70190, Stuttgart
Urologe A 45:1076-83. 2006..This led, after his early death, to the establishment of the German Society for Urology and the Zeitschrift für Urologie in 1906, as well as the organization of the first urological congress in Vienna in 1907...
- A new minimally invasive technique for treating radiation cystitis: the argon-beam coagulatorMichael P Wines
Department of Urology, St George Public Hospital, Kogarah, NSW, Australia
BJU Int 98:610-2. 2006....
- [Ultrasound role in assessment of vesicoureteral reflux endoscopic treatment results]A Serrano Durba
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital La Fe, Valencia
Actas Urol Esp 30:402-5. 2006....
- Comparison of flexible grasping forceps and stone basket for removal of retracted ureteral stentsUdo Nagele
Department of Urology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
J Endourol 20:418-22. 2006..Grasping the distal end of the stent and removing it depends on the angulation between the extraction device and the stent, the size and length of the instrument, and the force of the branches and resistance of the dislocated stent...
- Endoscopic vaginoscopy in the dogJody P Lulich
Minnesota Urolith Center, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, 1352 Boyd Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
Theriogenology 66:588-91. 2006..If the urinary tract will also be examined, evaluate the urethra and urinary bladder first and then the vagina. After the reproductive tract is examined, tissue biopsies can be obtained for microscopic evaluation...
- Urethral catheterisation under direct vision using a flexible cystoscope and guide wireDiwa N Das
Lorn and Islands District General Hospital, Glengallan Road, Oban PA34 4HH
Scott Med J 51:21. 2006
- Milestones in endoscope design for minimally invasive urologic surgery: the sentinel role of a pioneerG J Fuchs
Minimally Invasive Urology Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Surg Endosc 20:S493-9. 2006....
- Novel everting urologic access sheath: potential advantages of decreased cellular advancementAffonso H L A Camargo
Department of Urology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Endourol 20:153-6. 2006..We created a urinary-tract model to evaluate the in-vitro advancement of cells to compare this technology with using instruments alone...
- Comparison of resolution, contrast, and color differentiation among fiberoptic and digital flexible cystoscopesJames F Borin
Department of Urology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
J Endourol 20:54-8. 2006..While the development of flexible fiberoptic cystoscopes more than 20 years ago greatly impacted the practice of urology, distal-sensor digital technology may represent ..