Genomes and Genes
fluorescence polarization immunoassay
Summary: Fluoroimmunoassay where detection of the hapten-antibody reaction is based on measurement of the increased polarization of fluorescence-labeled hapten when it is combined with antibody. The assay is very useful for the measurement of small haptenic antigens such as drugs at low concentrations.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Serologic detection of experimental Salmonella enteritidis infections in laying hens by fluorescence polarization and enzyme immunoassayRichard K Gast
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Avian Dis 46:137-42. 2002..typhimurium significantly less often than the ELISA. The fluorescence polarization assay also offered advantages in terms of speed and methodologic simplicity...
- A new enzyme-linked chemiluminescent immunosorbent digoxin assay is virtually free from interference of spironolactone, potassium canrenoate, and their common metabolite canrenoneAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 20:204-8. 2006..of spironolactone and related compounds in this assay by comparing the results with the fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA), which is known to have significant cross-reactivity with these compounds as well as a ..
- [Analysis of detecting methods of digoxin blood drug level]You Xin Li
Pharmacy College, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:285-8, 326. 2007..Sensitivity and stability of chemiluminescence immunoassay is very excellent. Fluorescence polarization immunoassay is sensitive and convenient. HPLC-MS-MS has high resolution and good specificity...
- A simple, rapid and high-throughput fluorescence polarization immunoassay for simultaneous detection of organophosphorus pesticides in vegetable and environmental water samplesZhen Lin Xu
Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Food Quality and Safety, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou 510642, China
Anal Chim Acta 708:123-9. 2011..The developed FPIA demonstrated good accuracy and reproducibility, and is suitable for rapid and high-throughput screening for OP contamination with high-efficiency and low cost...
- Assay of teicoplanin in serum: comparison of high-performance liquid chromatography and fluorescence polarization immunoassaySteven J McCann
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Wythenshawe Hospital, Southmoor Road, Manchester M23 9LT, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 50:107-10. 2002..extraction coupled with reverse-phase HPLC and UV detection was shown to correlate well with fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) on the Abbott TD(x) analyser for serum teicoplanin analysis, r(2) = 0.974, HPLC = 0...
- Application of fluorescence polarization immunoassay for determination of methotrexate-polyglutamates in rheumatoid arthritis patientsHideki Hayashi
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Genetics, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 215:95-101. 2008..We attempted to apply a method with the commercially available fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) kit...
- The application of CdTe/CdS in the detection of carcinoembryonic antigen by fluorescence polarization immunoassayJianniao Tian
Key Laboratory for the Chemistry and Molecular Engineering of Medicinal Resources Ministry of Education of China, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Guangxi Normal University, Guilin, China
J Fluoresc 22:1571-9. 2012A novel and portable strategy based on fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) using quantum dots (QDs) was described in this study for simple, rapid, and sensitive detection of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA)...
- Toxicological detection of the designer drug 3,4-methylenedioxyethylamphetamine (MDE, "Eve") and its metabolites in urine by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and fluorescence polarization immunoassayH K Ensslin
Pharmaceutical Institute, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Chromatogr B Biomed Appl 683:189-97. 1996..in urine after a single oral dose of 140 mg of MDE by GC-MS and fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA)...
- Multiplexed detection of tumor markers with multicolor quantum dots based on fluorescence polarization immunoassayJianniao Tian
Key Laboratory for the Chemistry and Molecular Engineering of Medicinal Resources Ministry of Education of China, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Guangxi Normal University, Guilin 541004, China
Talanta 92:72-7. 2012..nanosensor for multiplex detection of two tumor markers in a homogeneous format based on fluorescence polarization immunoassay was proposed...
- A rapid fluorescence polarization immunoassay for the determination of T-2 and HT-2 toxins in wheatVincenzo Lippolis
Institute of Sciences of Food Production ISPA, CNR National Research Council of Italy, Via G Amendola 122 o, 70126 Bari, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 401:2561-71. 2011..964). These results, combined with the rapidity (10 min) and simplicity of the assay, show that this method is suitable for high throughput screening as well as for quantitative determination of T-2 and HT-2 toxins in wheat...
- Fluorescence polarization immunoassay: detection of antibody to Brucella abortusK Nielsen
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Animal Diseases Research Institute, 3851 Fallowfield Road, Nepean, Ontario, K2H 8P9, Canada
Methods 22:71-6. 2000b>Fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPA) is a homogeneous immunoassay useful for rapid and accurate detection of antibody or antigen...
- Optimization of a fluorescence polarization immunoassay for rapid quantification of deoxynivalenol in durum wheat-based productsVincenzo Lippolis
Institute of Sciences of Food Production ISPA, National Research Council, Via G Amendola 122 o, 70126 Bari, Italy
J Food Prot 69:2712-9. 2006A fluorescence polarization immunoassay previously described for deoxynivalenol (DON) screening in wheat was optimized for the rapid quantification of DON in durum wheat kernels, semolina, and pasta...
- Detection of zearalenone and related metabolites by fluorescence polarization immunoassayChris M Maragos
Mycotoxin Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, 1815 North University Street, Peoria, Illinois 61604, USA
J Food Prot 67:1039-43. 2004..We developed a fluorescence polarization immunoassay for ZEN in maize...
- Fluorescence polarization immunoassay: can it result in an overestimation of vancomycin in patients not suffering from renal failure?D Sym
St John s University, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Jamaica, New York, USA
Ther Drug Monit 23:441-4. 2001It has been reported in scientific data that fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) results in overestimation of vancomycin in patients with renal failure...
- Determination of everolimus in whole blood using the Abbott IMx sirolimus microparticle enzyme immunoassayLorena Bouzas
Unidad Monitorización Fármacos, Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Clin Biochem 40:132-6. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the possible determination of everolimus in whole blood using a commercialized microparticle enzyme immunoassay for sirolimus determination...
- False-positive serum tricyclic antidepressant concentrations using fluorescence polarization immunoassay due to the presence of hydroxyzine and cetirizineAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ther Drug Monit 29:134-9. 2007..The potential interference of hydroxyzine and cetirizine with the fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) and CEDIA assay of carbamazepine as well as with the fluorescence polarization immunoassay ..
- Rapid fluorescence polarization immunoassay for the mycotoxin deoxynivalenol in wheatChris M Maragos
Mycotoxin Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, USDA ARS, 1815 North University Street, Peoria, Illinois 61604, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:1827-32. 2002..For wheat the HPLC-UV and FP methods agreed well (linear regression r(2) = 0.936), but for maize the two methods did not (r (2) = 0.849). We conclude that the FP method is useful for screening wheat, but not maize, for DON...
- Comparison of the Innofluor certican assay with HPLC-UV for the determination of everolimus concentrations in heart transplantationSara Baldelli
Department of Medicine and Transplantation, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Bergamo, Italy
Clin Biochem 39:1152-9. 2006..A fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) has been recently developed for the assessment of everolimus levels...
- Determination of blood sirolimus concentrations in liver and kidney transplant recipients using the Innofluor fluorescence polarization immunoassay: comparison with the microparticle enzyme immunoassay and high-performance liquid chromatography-ultravioleLorena Bouzas
Unidad Monitorización Fármacos, Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Ups J Med Sci 114:55-61. 2009..The aim of our study was to evaluate the possible determination of sirolimus using the fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) commercialized for everolimus quantification.
- Fluorescence polarization immunoassay based on a monoclonal antibody for the detection of the organophosphorus pesticide parathion-methylAnna Yu Kolosova
Division of Applied Life Science, Graduate School of Gyeongsang National University, Chinju, Gyeongnam 660 701, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 51:1107-14. 2003A fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) based on a monoclonal antibody for the detection of parathion-methyl (PM) was developed and optimized...
- Amphetamine concentrations in human urine following single-dose administration of the calcium antagonist prenylamine-studies using fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) and GC-MSThomas Kraemer
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Saarland, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Anal Toxicol 27:68-73. 2003..Chiral analysis revealed that both enantiomers of amphetamine were present in the samples with a surplus of the S(+)-enantiomer in the early phase of excretion. Forensic implications are discussed...
- Positive and negative in vitro interference of Chinese medicine dan shen in serum digoxin measurement. Elimination of interference by monitoring free digoxin concentrationA Wahed
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 2.292, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:403-8. 2001..in falsely elevated serum digoxin concentrations (positive interference) as measured by the fluorescence polarization immunoassay for digoxin (Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL)...
- Diagnostic efficiency of different amphetamine screening tests--the search for an optimal cutoffReto Savoca
Center of Laboratory Medicine, Kantonsspital Aarau, Aarau, Switzerland
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1063-5. 2004..In summary, the cutoff concentration for amphetamine screening tests should not be below 500 ng/ml to avoid a high rate of false-positive results...
- Between-centre agreement in homocysteine assays: experience from the UK NEQAS proficiency testing schemeI Jennings
Thromb Haemost 87:921-2. 2002
- Comparison of fluorescence polarization immunoassay and high performance liquid chromatography for determination of carbamazepine concentration in blood of poisoned patientsJolanta Wilimowska
Department of Analytical Toxicology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
Przegl Lek 62:595-8. 2005..There was no statistical difference between serum carbamazepine concentration measured by FPIA method and the sum of serum carbamazepine and carbamazepine-10,11-epoxide concentrations measured by HPLC-DAD method (t21 = 1.42, p = 0.1690)...
- Towards single screening tests for brucellosisK Nielsen
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, 3851 Fallowfield Rd, Nepean, Ontario, K2H 8P9, Canada
Rev Sci Tech 24:1027-37. 2005..2%) than from only the OPS, and considerably higher (12.6%) than the CORE. Overall, both the I-ELISA and the FPA with combined antigens were suitable as screening tests for all species of Brucella in the animal species tested...
- Flow injection fluorescence immunoassay for gentamicin using sol-gel-derived mesoporous biomaterialHuang Hao Yang
Department of Chemistry, The Key Laboratory of Analytical Sciences of MOE, Xiamen University, People s Republic of China
Anal Biochem 308:71-6. 2002..with a detection limit of 200 ng/mL, which is close to that of the fluorescence immunoassay and fluorescence polarization immunoassay using the same reactants...
- Comparing different methods for homocysteine determinationBruno Zappacosta
Istituto di Biochimica e Biochimica Clinica, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:1139-42. 2002..The results clearly indicate that all three automated immunochemical methods correlate well with the HPLC method (slope 0.97-1.03; intercept 0.95-1.91 with a recovery above 95% for all three methods)...
- Digitalis-like immunoreactive substances in maternal and umbilical cord plasma: a comparative sensitivity study of fluorescence polarization immunoassay and microparticle enzyme immunoassayYoshio Ijiri
Department of Pharmacy, Osaka Medical College Hospital, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Ther Drug Monit 25:234-9. 2003..substances (DLIS) obtained from maternal and umbilical cord plasma at delivery were measured by fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA; TDX, Abbott) and microparticle enzyme immunoassay (MEIA; IMX, Abbott)...
- Comparison of fluorescence polarization immunoassay and high-performance liquid chromatography methods for assay of teicoplanin: can correlation be improved?Siamak Davani
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Toxicologie, CHU Jean Minjoz, 3, Boulevard Fleming, 25000 Besancon, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:584-8. 2004..Measurement of teicoplanin can be carried out by the fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) method or by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) methods...
- Stability of oleander extract and oleandrin in sera stored in plastic serum separator tubesAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center in Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Clin Biochem 44:485-7. 2007..The fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) for digoxin cross-reacts with oleandrin, the major poison of oleander extract and can be ..
- Receptor assay based on surface plasmon resonance for the assessment of the complex formation activity of cyclosporin A and its metabolitesB Vollenbroeker
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik D, Munster, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 41:248-60. 2003..A new automated receptor assay has been used to determine the complex formation activity of cyclosporin A (CsA) and its metabolites in whole blood...
- Analytical performance of the CEDIA cyclosporine PLUS whole blood immunoassayAnthony W Butch
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1713, USA
J Anal Toxicol 28:204-10. 2004..high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), enzyme-multiplied immunoassay technique (EMIT), and fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA)...
- Serological diagnosis of bovine brucellosis: a review of test performance and cost comparisonD Gall
Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Animal Diseases Research Institute, Brucellosis Centre of Expertise, Ottawa, Ontario, K2H 8P9, Canada
Rev Sci Tech 23:989-1002. 2004..In addition, a fee comparison suggested that the primary binding tests were price competitive with conventional tests for the diagnosis of brucellosis and, therefore, had a better combined cost/efficiency rating...
- Validation of fluorescence polarization assay (FPA) and comparison with other tests used for diagnosis of B. melitensis infection in sheepA Minas
Technological Educational Institution of Larissa, Faculty of Health Professions, Laboratory of Microbiology, Larissa, 41 110, Greece
Vet Microbiol 111:211-21. 2005..Due to its simplicity, the sort time that results can be obtained and its accuracy it can be used and improve the laboratory testing capacity as well as the efficacy of the eradication program based on test-and-slaughter policy...
- Improved performance of Brucella melitensis native hapten over Brucella abortus OPS tracer on goat antibody detection by the fluorescence polarization assayC Ramirez-Pfeiffer
Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales y Agropecuarias, Campo Experimental Río Bravo, Rio Bravo, Tamaulipas, Mexico
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 123:223-9. 2008..24-72h) than the immunodiagnosis assays frequently used in bovine brucellosis. In addition, NH tracer produces similar or better performance results than the conventional OPS tracer, using the FPA in goat sera samples...
- Comparison between a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry assay and a fluorescent polarization immunoassay to measure whole blood everolimus concentration in heart and renal transplantationsEric Dailly
Clinical Pharmacology Department, Hotel Dieu, CHU de Nantes, France
J Clin Lab Anal 22:282-5. 2008..FPIA and LC-MS/MS assays gave consistent overall results although some significant differences were observed in some samples between these methods indicating that FPIA assay has limitations that deserve further investigations...
- [Validation of the Fluorescence Polarisation Assay (FPA) for the serological diagnosis of brucellosis]Peter Bahn
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Berlin
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 118:372-6. 2005..FPA, SAT, CFT and ELISA attained a sensitivity of 92.3, 98.5, 84.6 and 86.2%. In comparison, specificity varied with 87.8, 72.6, 92.5 and 85.8%, respectively. Accordingly, FPA is a suitable test for serodiagnosis of brucellosis...
- Major discrepancy between digoxin immunoassay results in a context of acute overdose: a case reportOlivier Tribut
Clin Chim Acta 354:201-3. 2005
- Comparison of serum digoxin concentration monitoring by fluorescence polarization immunoassay on the TDxFLx and dry chemistry enzyme immunoassay on the Vitros 950Bogdan Solnica
Diagnostic Division, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, Krakow, Poland
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:958-64. 2004The aim of the study was to compare the results of digoxin assays performed using fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) on the TDxFLx and a dry chemistry enzyme immunoassay (EIA) on the Vitros 950. Within-run CV amounted to 8...
- [Detection of cannabinoids in urine]S S Kataev
Sud Med Ekspert 48:35-8. 2005..A possibility was pointed out to apply the methods of ICA and TLC as system analysis in the determination of 11-nordelta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carbonic acid in urine of marijuana users...
- Homocysteine and retinal emboli: the Blue Mountains Eye StudyBrian Chua
Centre for Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 142:322-4. 2006..To examine the association between serum homocysteine and retinal emboli in a general older population...
- Clinical validation of a new blood collection tube for the accuracy of total homocysteine measurement by different methodsEmmanuel Bisse
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Center Freiburg, Hugstetterstrasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Clin Biochem 40:739-43. 2007..To evaluate the clinical use of Homocysteine-Primavette, a new blood collection medium for total homocysteine (tHcy) assay...
- Use of the Brucella melitensis native hapten to diagnose brucellosis in goats by a rapid, simple, and specific fluorescence polarization assayCarlos Ramírez-Pfeiffer
Campo Experimental Río Bravo, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales y Agrícolas y Pecuarias, Rio Bravo, Tam, Mexico
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:911-5. 2008....
- Fluorescence polarization assay for diagnosis of human brucellosisNidia E Lucero
Brucellosis Laboratory, Administracion Nacional de Laboratorios e Institutos de Salud Dr C G Malbran, Avda Velez Sarsfield 563, 1281 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Med Microbiol 52:883-7. 2003b>Fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPA) uses molecular rotational properties to measure antibody binding to antigen directly...
- Application of the fluorescence polarization assay for detection of caprine antibodies to Brucella melitensis in areas of high prevalence and widespread vaccinationC Ramirez-Pfeiffer
Río Guadalquivir 401 B Ote, Colonia del Valle, San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, C P 66220
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:299-303. 2007....
- Evaluation and comparison of fluorescence polarization assay with three of the currently used serological tests in diagnosis of human brucellosisA Konstantinidis
Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, 22 Papakiriazi Str, PC 41222, Larissa
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:715-21. 2007..However, further studies are needed to assess the reproducibility of FPA...
- [Antidepressants]Kimio Yasuda
Department of Pharmacy, Hashima City Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 62:372-6. 2004
- Hoek's formula, a cystatin C-based prediction formula for determining the glomerular filtration rate, is the most effective method for original adjusting the dosage of vancomycinA Tanaka
Division of Pharmacy, Ehime University Hospital, Ehime, Japan
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 45:592-7. 2007..In this study, we compared the predictive performance of the serum vancomycin trough concentration predicted using serum cystatin C-based formulas...
- Effect of analytical inaccuracy on dose adjustment for gentamicin using the Abbottbase Pharmacokinetic SystemsLorena Bouzas
Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Clin Lab 50:187-91. 2004..For this reason, we would suggest the convenience of using a previous moment in the time concentration level in the monitoring of gentamicin instead of Cmin, which would be determined with greater imprecision and inaccuracy...
- Interference by carbamazepine and oxcarbazepine with serum- and urine-screening assays for tricyclic antidepressantsMohsen Saidinejad
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 120:e504-9. 2007..The purpose of this work was to evaluate the potential cross-reactivity of 2 antiepileptic medications containing 3-ringed structures, namely, carbamazepine and oxcarbazepine, with screening assays for tricyclic antidepressants...
- Total plasma homocysteine in Bulgarian population measured by high-performance liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection--comparison with fluorescence polarization immunoassayEvgeniya A Angelova
Department of Clinical Laboratory, University of Medicine, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Clin Lab 52:527-33. 2006..The higher plasma Hcy observed in our population compared to the rest of Europe corresponds to the high prevalence and mortality of cardiovascular disease in Bulgaria...
- Microfluidic enzyme immunosensors with immobilised protein A and G using chemiluminescence detectionJulia Yakovleva
Department of Chemical Enzymology, Faculty of Chemistry, M V Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
Biosens Bioelectron 19:21-34. 2003..5-3 and 80-240 microg l(-1), respectively...
- Analysis of apoptotic cells using Beadlyte suspension arraysPaul W Rhyne
Upstate USA, Lake Placid, NY, USA
Biotechniques 35:624-9. 2003..The suspension array is being expanded to measure many other intracellular proteins including posttranslational modifications and should prove to be extremely useful for studying apoptosis and other important cellular pathways...
- Integrated capillary fluorescence DNA biosensorMarc A Breimer
Department of Chemistry, State University of New York at Binghamton, PO Box 6016, Binghamton, NY 13902 6016, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 18:1135-47. 2003..The results show that fluorescent dyes are retained in the dsDNA-modified surface and that exposure to concentrations of nickel and lead ions resulted in a recoverable, highly reproducible diminishment of the fluorescence intensity...
- Fluorescence polarization immunoassays and related methods for simple, high-throughput screening of small moleculesDavid S Smith
MicroPharm Ltd, 51 53 Bartholomew Close, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, EC1A 7BE, UK
Anal Bioanal Chem 391:1499-507. 2008b>Fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) is a homogeneous (without separation) competitive immunoassay method based on the increase in fluorescence polarization (FP) of fluorescent-labeled small antigens when bound by specific ..
- Evaluation of a compact bench top immunoassay analyzer for automatic and near continuous monitoring of a sample for environmental contaminantsThomas R Glass
Department of Bioscience, Central Research Institute of the Electric Power Industry, 1646 Abiko, Abiko City, Chiba 270 1194, Japan
Biosens Bioelectron 20:397-403. 2004..With further development and characterization, the bench top analyzer is expected to fill an important niche in environmental testing...
- Detection of trophic factor activated signaling molecules in cells by a compact fiber-optic sensorRakesh Kapoor
Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, 458 NSC, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 20:345-9. 2004..A compact charged coupled device (CCD) based spectrometer is used for recording the fluorescence signal. The method is two orders of magnitude more sensitive than the Western blotting technique...
- B-type natriuretic peptide rapid assay: a diagnostic test for heart failureIrma B Ancheta
University of Phoenix, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA
Dimens Crit Care Nurs 25:149-54; quiz 155-6. 2006..This article focuses on the description of the diagnostic performance of the BNP rapid assay, its clinical dimensions, and its implications to nursing practice and collaborative practice models...
- Express detection of pentachlorophenol as dioxins precursor in natural waterVitalia S Krikounova
Faculty of Chemistry, M V Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow
ScientificWorldJournal 2:1132-7. 2002..The assay provides a useful and a highly practical screening tool for the processing of large numbers of samples and for the preliminary estimation of potential dioxins contamination in water resources...
- In situ measurement of degranulation as a biosensor based on RBL-2H3 mast cellsRose Mary Z G Naal
Baker Laboratory, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 1301, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 20:791-6. 2004..We also demonstrate its utility in detecting inhibition of degranulation by a known pharmacologic inhibitor that blocks Syk tyrosine kinase activity critical for cell activation...
- Highly sensitive biosensing using a supercritical angle fluorescence (SAF) instrumentThomas Ruckstuhl
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Biosens Bioelectron 18:1193-9. 2003..The performance of the system is demonstrated by real time measurements of antibody-antigen reactions. Rate constants of the reaction were extracted. Antigen concentrations were detected down to 10(-13) mol/l...
- Verification of performance with the automated direct optical TIRF immunosensor (River Analyser) in single and multi-analyte assays with real water samplesJens Tschmelak
Institute of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry IPTC, Eberhard Karls University of Tuebingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Biosens Bioelectron 20:743-52. 2004..Robustness could be demonstrated by long-term stability tests of the biosensor surface. These studies show that the biosensor used offers the necessary reproducibility, precision, and robustness required for an analytical method...
- High-sensitivity miniaturized immunoassays for tumor necrosis factor alpha using microfluidic systemsSandro Cesaro-Tadic
IBM Research GmbH, Zurich Research Laboratory, Saumerstrasse 4, CH 8803 Ruschlikon, Switzerland
Lab Chip 4:563-9. 2004..6 mm(2) on PDMS to detect TNF-alpha in 600 nL of a dendritic cell (DC) culture medium with a sensitivity of approximately 20 pg mL(-1)(1.14 pM)...
- A rapid detection method for Vaccinia virus, the surrogate for smallpox virusKim A Donaldson
Department of Biology and Center for Biological Defense, University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, SCA 110, Tampa, FL 33620 5200, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 20:322-7. 2004..A photodiode quantifies the emission light at wavelengths between 670 and 710 nm. The biosensor was able to detect a minimum of 2.5 x 10(5) pfu/ml of Vaccinia virus in seeded throat culture swab specimens...
- One-step quantitative thyrotropin assay for the detection of hypothyroidism in point-of-care conditionsPiia von Lode
Department of Biotechnology, University of Turku, Tykistokatu 6A, FIN 20520, Turku, Finland
Clin Biochem 36:121-8. 2003..We demonstrate the applicability of a miniaturized microparticle assay format for rapid and quantitative determination of increased thyrotropin (TSH) concentrations in serum...
- Development of fluorescence change-based, reagent-less optic immunosensorSatoka Aoyagi
Department of Applied Physics, Seikei University, 3 3 1, Kichijoji Kitamachi, Musashino shi, Tokyo 180 8633, Japan
Biosens Bioelectron 20:1680-4. 2005..When the Qdot-labeled protein A bound to IgG, fluorescence intensity decreased because of the inhibition by IgG. The degree of fluorescence decrease depends on the IgG concentration at a steady state and also in a transient state...
- Development of a novel FRET immunosensor techniqueDarcy J Lichlyter
Department of Biological Engineering, University of Missouri Columbia, 250 Ag Engineering Building, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 19:219-26. 2003..The feasibility of the FRET immunosensor technique was established; however, it will be necessary to immobilize the complexes onto optical substrates so that consistent trends can be obtained that would allow calibration plots...
- Stable, sensitive, fluorescence-based method for detecting cAMPJayne Hesley
Molecular Devices, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, USA
Biotechniques 33:691-4. 2002..Together, these results demonstrate that this assay is afast, accurate, non-radioactive method that is ideal for high-throughput screening...
- Analysis of codeine, dihydrocodeine and their glucuronides in human urine by electrokinetic capillary immunoassays and capillary electrophoresis-ion trap mass spectrometryA B Wey
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 895:133-46. 2000..In these approaches, aliquots of urine and immunoreagents of a commercial, broadly cross-reacting fluorescence polarization immunoassay for opiates were combined and analyzed by capillary zone electrophoresis or micellar ..
- Pharmacokinetics of nimustine, cytosine arabinoside, and methotrexate in cerebrospinal fluid during cerebrospinal fluid perfusion chemotherapyN Morikawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Oita Medical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 24:436-8. 2001..The concentrations of ACNU and Ara-C in CSF were measured by HPLC, and the MTX concentrations by fluorescence polarization immunoassay. In the fifth course of treatment, a CSF injection chemotherapy solution, consisting of 5 mg of ..
- Interference between eplerenone and digoxin in fluorescence polarization immunoassay, microparticle enzyme immunoassay, and affinity column-mediated immunoassayTomoyuki Yamada
Department of Pharmacy, Osaka Medical College Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Ther Drug Monit 32:774-7. 2010..We performed three types of assays (fluorescence polarization immunoassay [FPIA], microparticle enzyme immunoassay [MEIA], and affinity column-mediated immunoassay [ACMIA]) ..
- [Cyclosporine 2% eye drops preparation]F Chast
Service de Pharmacie, Pharmacologie et Toxicologie, Hotel Dieu, Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 27:567-76. 2004..Moreover, it is widely used in the case of high-risk rejection corneal transplantation. We present a preparation of cyclosporine 2% eye drops...
- An improved application for the enzyme multipled immunoassay technique for caffeine, amikacin, and methotrexate assays on the Dade-Behring Dimension RxL Max clinical chemistry systemDamodara Rao Mendu
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University and Georgetown Clinical Research Center, Washington, DC, USA
Ther Drug Monit 29:632-7. 2007..and MTX by EMIT on the Dimension RxL Max and by EMIT (on the Olympus AU 600 for caffeine) and fluorescence polarization immunoassay [for MTX and amikacin (FPIA; TDx FLx)] at Quest Diagnostics...
- Effects of genetic polymorphisms of CYP3A4, CYP3A5 and MDR1 on cyclosporine pharmacokinetics after renal transplantationYong fang Hu
Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:1093-8. 2006..Cyclosporine whole blood levels were measured by fluorescence polarization immunoassay. Dose-adjusted trough blood concentrations (C(0)) were determined and compared among the different ..
- Pharmacokinetics of cytosine arabinoside, methotrexate, nimustine and valproic acid in cerebrospinal fluid during cerebrospinal fluid perfusion chemotherapyN Morikawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Oita Medical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 23:784-7. 2000..The MTX and VPA concentrations were measured by fluorescence polarization immunoassay. During CSF perfusion chemotherapy, the highest CSF concentrations of Ara-C, MTX, and ACNU were ..
- Clinical repercussions of analytical interferences due to aldosterone antagonists in digoxin immunoassays: an assessmentAna Cobo
Department of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 32:169-76. 2010..in comparison with another 3 immunoassays used for digoxin therapeutic drug monitoring: MEIA II, fluorescence polarization immunoassay, and enzyme multiplied immunoassay...
- Screening for urinary methadone by capillary electrophoretic immunoassays and confirmation by capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometryW Thormann
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Electrophoresis 19:57-65. 1998..capillary-based immunoassays for urinary methadone using reagents which were commercialized for a fluorescence polarization immunoassay. After incubation of 25 microL urine with the reactants, a small aliquot of the mixture is applied ..
- Plasma homocysteine in polycystic ovary syndrome: does it correlate with insulin resistance and ethnicity?Chandrika N Wijeyaratne
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Columbo, Sri Lanka
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 60:560-7. 2004..Hyperhomocysteinaemia is a recognized risk factor for atherosclerosis, particularly among migrant South Asians, and has recently been shown to be correlated positively with the degree of insulin resistance/hyperinsulinaemia...
- Dose-related increases in cerebrospinal fluid concentrations of methotrexate in a postoperative patient with glioblastomaN Morikawa
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Oita Medical University, Hasama machi, Japan
Ann Pharmacother 33:952-6. 1999....
- [Optimalisation of netilmicin dosage based on therapeutic drug monitoring during the first days of life in very preterm neonates (gestational age 23-32 weeks)]Magdalena Rutkowska
Klinika Neonatologii i Intensywnej Terapii Noworodka, IMiD, Instytutu Matki i Dziecka w Warszawie, 01 211 Warszawa
Med Wieku Rozwoj 13:252-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to optimalise netilmicin dosage in low and very low birthweight premature neonates, based on drug serum concentrations obtained during therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- Pharmacokinectics of vancomycin and amikacin in the subeschar tissue fluid in patients with severe burnRong Hua Yang
Department of Burns, The First Municipal Hospital of Guangzhou, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
Burns 35:75-9. 2009..Concentrations of these antibiotics in the samples were determined by fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) method...
- Analgesic efficacy of sodium salicylate in an amphotericin B-induced bovine synovitis-arthritis modelJ L Kotschwar
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 5601, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:3731-43. 2009..Cortisol and salicylate samples were analyzed by competitive chemiluminescent immunoassay and fluorescence polarization immunoassay, respectively. The pharmacokinetic data were analyzed using compartmental analysis...
- Analysis of risk factors for tumor recurrence after liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: key role of immunosuppressionMarco Vivarelli
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University of Bologna, S Orsola Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Liver Transpl 11:497-503. 2005..CsA trough blood levels, measured with the same technique (fluorescence polarization immunoassay), were analyzed at different time points after transplantation...
- Inhibition of N-acetylation of procainamide and renal clearance of N-acetylprocainamide by para-aminobenzoic acid in humansJ E Tisdale
College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 35:902-10. 1995..Serum procainamide and NAPA concentrations were analyzed using fluorescence polarization immunoassay. Urine procainamide and NAPA concentrations were measured with high performance liquid ..
- [Plasma homocysteine level and selected dietary habits in young healthy men]Anna Czajkowska
Zakład Fizjologii, Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego w Warszawie
Rocz Panstw Zakl Hig 60:85-9. 2009..Plasma homocysteine concentration was determined by fluorescence polarization immunoassay using commercial kits from Abbott (USA)...
- Intraosseous gentamicin perfusion of the distal metacarpus in standing horsesShawn Mattson
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
Vet Surg 33:180-6. 2004..To report tissue gentamicin concentrations after intraosseous (IO) perfusion in standing horses...
- Homogenous enzyme immunoassay for cyclosporine in whole blood using the EMIT 2000 cyclosporine specific assay with the COBAS MIRA-plus analyzerS Kimura
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 15:319-23. 2001..The correlation between values obtained with the EMIT 2000 cyclosporine specific assay kit (y) and fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) (TDxFLx) (x) was: y = 0.880x - 13.053 microg/L (r = 0.984, Sy/x = 15...
- Increased cannabinoids concentrations found in specimens from fatal aviation accidents between 1997 and 2006Dennis V Canfield
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration, Oklahoma City, OK 73125 5066, USA
Forensic Sci Int 197:85-8. 2010..Cannabinoids were screened using radioimmunoassay (RIA) for blood and fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA) for urine and confirmed using GC/MS...
- Effect of Chinese medicines Chan Su and Lu-Shen-Wan on serum digoxin measurement by Digoxin III, a new digoxin immunoassayMeredith A Reyes
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Health Sciences Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ther Drug Monit 30:95-9. 2008..and Lu-Shen-Wan with the Digoxin III assay by comparing results obtained by using Digoxin II and fluorescence polarization immunoassay, also manufactured by Abbott Laboratories...
- Lack of interaction of digoxin and P-glycoprotein inhibitors, quinidine and verapamil in human placenta in vitroGershon Holcberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 151, Beer Sheva 84101, Israel
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 109:133-7. 2003..To determine the effect of quinidine and verapamil, known antiarrhythmic agents and P-glycoprotein (Pgp) inhibitors, on digoxin transport from the maternal to the fetal compartment in the isolated perfused human placenta...
- Correlations between calcineurin phosphatase inhibition and cyclosporine metabolites concentrations in kidney transplant recipients: implications for immunoassaysNikolaos Karamperis
Research Laboratory C, Department of Renal Medicine C, Skejby, Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:569-74. 2006..was determined by the enzyme multiplied immunoassay technique (EMIT) and by the polyclonal fluorescence polarization immunoassay (pFPIA)...
- Interference of Asian, American, and Indian (Ashwagandha) ginsengs in serum digoxin measurements by a fluorescence polarization immunoassay can be minimized by using a new enzyme-linked chemiluminescent immunosorbent or turbidimetric assayAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 2 292, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:619-21. 2007Ginsengs are widely used by the general population. These herbs interfere with serum digoxin measurement using the fluorescence polarization immunoassay.
- Insulin resistance in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with elevated plasma homocysteineMorey Schachter
IVF and Infertility Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Tel Aviv University, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Hum Reprod 18:721-7. 2003..We examined the relationship between plasma homocysteine and insulin resistance in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Phenytoin immunoassay measurements in serum samples from patients with renal insufficiency: comparison with high-performance liquid chromatographyMaria J Tutor-Crespo
Laboratorio Central, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
J Clin Lab Anal 21:119-23. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the results obtained using the Abbott fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA), Dade enzyme-multiplied immunoassay technique (EMIT), and high-performance liquid ..
- Reassessment of cross-reactivity of spironolactone metabolites with four digoxin immunoassaysR A Pleasants
Department of Pharmacy, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, Chapel Hill
Ther Drug Monit 11:200-4. 1989..Samples were analyzed in duplicate by each of the following immunoassays: fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA); affinity-column-mediated immunoassay (ACMIA); radioimmunoassay (RIA); and enzyme ..
- Validated gas chromatographic-mass spectrometric analysis of urinary cannabinoids purified with a calcium-hardened beta-cyclodextrin polymerJu Yeon Moon
Life Sciences Division, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, 39 1 Hawolkok dong, Seoul 136 791, South Korea
J Chromatogr A 1204:87-92. 2008..9997). Twenty actual samples positive by fluorescence polarization immunoassay were also quantitatively analyzed...
- Comparison of phenytoin serum concentrations in premature neonates following intravenous and oral administrationO R Frey
Department of Pharmacy, Hospital of Heidenheim, Germany
Ann Pharmacother 32:300-3. 1998..To compare the serum concentrations attained following intravenous and oral administration of phenytoin in premature neonates...
- Prenatal diagnosis of methylmalonic aciduria by analysis of organic acids and total homocysteine in amniotic fluidYao Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:216-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the value of analysis of organic acids and total homocysteine in amniotic fluid in prenatal diagnosis of MMA...
- The effect of yogurt on acetaminophen absorption by activated charcoal and burnt toastAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 21:393-7. 2007..was withdrawn at 0, 5, 10, 20, and 30 min and acetaminophen concentrations were measured by the fluorescence polarization immunoassay (FPIA)...
- Evaluation of the Abbott IMx fluorescence polarization immunoassay and the bio-rad enzyme immunoassay for homocysteine: comparison with high-performance liquid chromatographyJ G Donnelly
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Ann Clin Biochem 37:194-8. 2000..The IMx assay had superior precision as well as the technological advantage of being completely automated. Both immunoassays exhibited greatly improved throughput compared with our existing HPLC method...
- Fluorescent HTS Assays for Human SulfotransferasesRobert Lowery; Fiscal Year: 2006..we developed a homogenous, fluorescent high throughput screening (HTS) method called donor product fluorescence polarization immunoassay (DP-FPIA) that provides a universal screening platform for measuring sulfation of any compound by ..
- Fluorescent HTS Assay for Methyltransferases in Neurodegenerative DiseasesRobert Lowery; Fiscal Year: 2006..on detection of the invariable MT reaction product S-adenosyl homocysteine-using a competitive fluorescence polarization immunoassay. The Phase I work includes development of antibodies and fluorescent nucleotide conjugates that ..
- RHOMOCYCSTEINASE FOR HOMOCYSTEINE ASSAYYuying Tan; Fiscal Year: 2002..HPLC is highly specialized and low throughput, however. A fluorescence polarization immunoassay for tHCY has also been developed...
- Fluorescent HTS Assays for Methyltransferases in Neurodegenerative DiseasesRobert Lowery; Fiscal Year: 2009..To address this need, in Phase I BellBrook Labs developed a novel fluorescence polarization immunoassay for S-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH), the invariant product of all MT reactions...
- QUANTITATIVE IMAGING OF ZINC METABOLISM IN THE BRAINRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- QUANTITATIVE IMAGING OF ZINC METABOLISM IN THE BRAINRichard Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Fluorescence Zinc BioSensing and Imaging TechnologyRICHARD BLAIR THOMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..This novel technology will provide the basis for new diagnostics and treatments. ..