Genomes and Genes
partial thromboplastin time
Summary: The time required for the appearance of FIBRIN strands following the mixing of PLASMA with phospholipid platelet substitute (e.g., crude cephalins, soybean phosphatides). It is a test of the intrinsic pathway (factors VIII, IX, XI, and XII) and the common pathway (fibrinogen, prothrombin, factors V and X) of BLOOD COAGULATION. It is used as a screening test and to monitor HEPARIN therapy.
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the direct oral thrombin inhibitor dabigatran in healthy elderly subjectsJoachim Stangier
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Biberach, Germany
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:47-59. 2008....
- Genetic associations for activated partial thromboplastin time and prothrombin time, their gene expression profiles, and risk of coronary artery diseaseWeihong Tang
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 55454, USA
Am J Hum Genet 91:152-62. 2012Activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) and prothrombin time (PT) are clinical tests commonly used to screen for coagulation-factor deficiencies...
- Replacing the first epidermal growth factor-like domain of factor IX with that of factor VII enhances activity in vitro and in canine hemophilia BJ Y Chang
Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7035, USA
J Clin Invest 100:886-92. 1997....
- Coagulopathy after successful cardiopulmonary resuscitation following cardiac arrest: implication of the protein C anticoagulant pathwayChristophe Adrie
Intensive Care Unit, Delafontaine Hospital, Saint Denis, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:21-8. 2005..We investigated coagulation abnormalities in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) patients, with special attention to the protein C anticoagulant pathway...
- A genome-wide association study identifies KNG1 as a genetic determinant of plasma factor XI Level and activated partial thromboplastin timeMaria Sabater-Lleal
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Genetics and Genomics Group, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2008-16. 2012....
- In vitro hemocompatibility testing of UV-modified hyaluronan hydrogelsLeena Pravina Amarnath
Department of Bioengineering, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Biomaterials 27:1416-24. 2006..We conclude that UV-treatment of hylans, useful to improve surface endothelialization, does not compromise their short-term hemocompatibility, vital to their use as vascular implant materials...
- Thrombinography shows acquired resistance to activated protein C in patients with lupus anticoagulantsVeronique Regnault
Hematologie, EA 3452, Universite Henri Poincare, Nancy, France
Thromb Haemost 89:208-12. 2003..The amount of thrombin activity generated in the presence of APC could be a better indicator of the thrombotic risk than the moment at which the thrombin burst starts...
- Structure-based design of novel potent nonpeptide thrombin inhibitorsNorbert H Hauel
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Research Division, Birkendorfer Strasse 65, D 88397 Biberach Riss, Germany
J Med Chem 45:1757-66. 2002..This zwitterionic molecule was converted into the double-prodrug 31 (BIBR 1048), which showed strong oral activity in different animal species. On the basis of these results, 31 was chosen for clinical development...
- Thromboelastography as a better indicator of hypercoagulable state after injury than prothrombin time or activated partial thromboplastin timeMyung S Park
U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, USA
J Trauma 67:266-75; discussion 275-6. 2009..We hypothesized that a hypercoagulable state exists in patients early after severe injury and that the pattern of clotting and fibrinolysis are similar between burned and nonburn trauma patients...
- Heparin and low-molecular-weight heparin: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic TherapyJack Hirsh
Henderson Research Centre, 711 Concession St, Hamilton, ON L8V 1C3, Canada
Chest 126:188S-203S. 2004..Variability in activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) reagents necessitates site-specific validation of the aPTT therapeutic range in order to ..
- Shortened activated partial thromboplastin time: causes and managementGiuseppe Lippi
Dipartimento di Patologia e Medicina di Laboratorio, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Parma, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:459-63. 2010..hemostasis laboratory, and as an evaluation of the coagulation cascade, the results of the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) have primarily been considered as an index of loss-of-function and rarely as an index of gain-of-..
- Postpartum acquired hemophilia (factor VIII inhibitors): a case report and review of the literatureS A Shobeiri
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New Orleans 70112, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 55:729-37. 2000..The literature concerning acquired hemophilia is reviewed, and new therapeutic medical advances are emphasized...
- Relationship of activated partial thromboplastin time to coronary events and bleeding in patients with acute coronary syndromes who receive heparinSonia S Anand
McMaster Clinic Population Health Section, 237 Barton St E, Hamilton, Ontario L8L 2X2, Canada
Circulation 107:2884-8. 2003..The need for a therapeutic range with the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) has not been validated in patients with arterial thrombosis who receive heparin...
- The partial thromboplastin time: defining an era in coagulationG C White
Division of Hematology Oncology, Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Thromb Haemost 1:2267-70. 2003
- Heparin monitoring in sheep by activated partial thromboplastin timeSeok Gon Park
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Institute of Artificial Heart, College of Agriculture, Cheju National University, Jeju, Korea
Artif Organs 27:576-80. 2003..In this study, we examined variation of activated partial thromboplastin time APTT) after the intravenous bolus IV bolus) and subcutaneous SC) heparin injection in order to monitor ..
- Interlaboratory agreement in the monitoring of unfractionated heparin using the anti-factor Xa-correlated activated partial thromboplastin timeA Cuker
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 7:80-6. 2009..the College of American Pathologists (CAP) recommends that the therapeutic range of the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) be defined in each laboratory through correlation with a direct measure of heparin activity such ..
- Transient lupus anticoagulant and prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time secondary to Epstein-Barr virus infectionKaterina Shiomou
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ioannina, Medical School, Greece
Scand J Infect Dis 34:67-9. 2002..19-month-old boy who presented with an acute Epstein-Barr virus infection and a prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) associated with the presence of a transient lupus anticoagulant (LA)...
- The detection of changes in heparin activity in the rabbit: a comparison of anti-xa activity, thrombelastography, activated partial thromboplastin time, and activated coagulation timeVance G Nielsen
Department of Anesthesiology Divisions of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Anesthesiology Research, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35249, USA
Anesth Analg 95:1503-6, table of contents. 2002..Thus, in this study I sought to compare the sensitivity of TEG, activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), and activated coagulation time (ACT) values with changes in anti-Xa activity after small-dose ..
- Biological activities of sulfated polysaccharides from tropical seaweedsL S Costa
UFRN, Laboratório de Biotecnologia de Polímeros Naturais Biopol, Centro de Biociencias, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Av Sen Salgado Filho, 3000, 59072970 Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Biomed Pharmacother 64:21-8. 2010..In the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) test, which evaluates the intrinsic coagulation pathway, seven seaweeds presented anticoagulant ..
- Assessment of prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, and fibrinogen concentration on equine plasma samples following different storage conditionsStefania Casella
Dipartimento di Scienze Sperimentali e Biotecnologie Applicate, Sezione di Fisiologia Applicata ed Etologia Comparata, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Polo Universitario dell Annunziata, Universita degli Studi di Messina, 98168 Messina, Italy
J Vet Diagn Invest 21:674-8. 2009..study was to assess the effect of different storage conditions on prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), and fibrinogen concentration in clinical samples from healthy horses...
- Activated partial thromboplastin time: new tricks for an old dogmaGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Semin Thromb Hemost 34:604-11. 2008The activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) is the most common coagulation test procedure performed in routine laboratories, apart from the prothrombin time...
- The responsiveness of different APTT reagents to mild factor VIII, IX and XI deficienciesA Bowyer
Sheffield Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, Sheffield, UK
Int J Lab Hematol 33:154-8. 2011..The APTT is used as a screening test for these factors, and a deficiency should manifest with a prolongation to the APTT, which may trigger the need for specific factor assays to be performed...
- Influence of 8 and 24-h storage of whole blood at ambient temperature on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, fibrinogen, thrombin time, antithrombin and D-dimerBettina Kemkes-Matthes
Hemostasis Center, University Hospitals Giessen and Marburg GmbH, Giessen, Germany
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 22:215-20. 2011..Aliquots were centrifuged and analyzed for prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), fibrinogen (Fbg), antithrombin (AT), thrombin time (TT) and D-dimer...
- A combined pharmacometric analysis of dabigatran etexilate in healthy volunteers and patients with atrial fibrillation or undergoing orthopaedic surgeryC Dansirikul
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Translational Medicine Pharmacometrics, 88397 Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Thromb Haemost 107:775-85. 2012..The relationship between dabigatran plasma concentrations and activated partial thromboplastin time in healthy volunteers and patients (n=762) was best described with a combination of a linear model and ..
- Diabetes mellitus is associated with shortened activated partial thromboplastin time and increased fibrinogen valuesYing Zhao
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
PLoS ONE 6:e16470. 2011This study was designed to examine the relationship between shortened activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) and increased fibrinogen values with diabetes mellitus.
- A novel thromboelastographic score to identify overt disseminated intravascular coagulation resulting in a hypocoagulable statePrashant Sharma
Dept of Haematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Am J Clin Pathol 134:97-102. 2010..Their combination into a cohesive TEM score possibly better captured the multiple hemostatic derangements occurring in DIC. The TEM score may bring objectivity to the analysis of TEM data...
- Usefulness of synthetic phospholipid in measurement of activated partial thromboplastin time: a new preparation procedure to reduce batch differenceM Okuda
Product Development Division, Sysmex Corporation, Murotani, Nishi ku, Kobe, Japan
Clin Lab Haematol 26:215-23. 2004Commercial activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) reagents prepared with phospholipid extracted from animal or plant sources often differ in their response to heparin and coagulation factors and in their reference values...
- Usefulness of high-concentration calcium chloride solution for correction of activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) in patients with high-hematocrit valueMasaaki Kanahara
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Kurume University Hospital, Kurume, Japan
Thromb Res 121:781-5. 2008Pseudoprolongation of activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) is a serious problem in anticoagulation therapy for patients with high hematocrit, such as cyanotic congenital heart diseases...
- Dabigatran in clinical practice for atrial fibrillation with special reference to activated partial thromboplastin timeShinya Suzuki
Department of Cardiology, The Cardiovascular Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 76:755-7. 2012The distribution of activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) in nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF) patients under dabigatran therapy remains to be clarified.
- Stability of activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) test under different storage conditionsMohammed A Awad
Hematology Unit, Clinical Pathology Department, Al Mansoura Faculty of Medicine, Egypt
Hematology 11:311-5. 2006We designed this study to assess the effect of storage time and temperature on the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) test and plasma activity of factor VIII (FVIII)...
- A diagnostic challenge: mild hemophilia B with normal activated partial thromboplastin timeChang Hun Park
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:368-71. 2010..The diagnosis of hemophilia B is typically suspected by significantly prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) on screening tests, but aPTT may be normal or minimally prolonged in mild hemophilia B...
- Heterofucans from the brown seaweed Canistrocarpus cervicornis with anticoagulant and antioxidant activitiesRafael Barros Gomes Camara
Laboratory of Biotechnology of Natural Polymers, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal RN, Brazil
Mar Drugs 9:124-38. 2011..However, all polysaccharides prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT). Four sulfated polysaccharides (CC-0.3/CC-0.5/CC-0.7/CC-1.0) doubled aPTT with only 0...
- To bleed or not to bleed? Is that the question for the PTT?C S Kitchens
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, FL, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:2607-11. 2005The activated partial thromboplastin time (PTT) is the grandchild of the Lee-White whole blood clot time (WBCT). Both tests were developed to assist the diagnostic process for patients who exhibited features consistent with hemophilia, i...
- How to interpret and pursue an abnormal prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, and bleeding time in adultsArif H Kamal
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:864-73. 2007The prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) are among the most commonly ordered coagulation tests. In 2005, more than 140,000 PT and more than 95,000 APTT tests were performed at Mayo Clinic...
- Partial characterization and anticoagulant activity of a heterofucan from the brown seaweed Padina gymnosporaT M A Silva
Laboratório de Glicobiologia, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 38:523-33. 2005..5-fold lesser than low molecular weight heparin) estimated by activated partial thromboplastin time was completely abolished upon desulfation by solvolysis in dimethyl sulfoxide, indicating that 3-O-..
- Utility of activated partial thromboplastin time waveform analysis for identification of sepsis and overt disseminated intravascular coagulation in patients admitted to a surgical intensive care unitCarl Erik H Dempfle
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Mannheim, Germany
Crit Care Med 32:520-4. 2004An abnormality of the optical transmission waveform obtained during measurement of the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) has been described in association with overt disseminated intravascular coagulation...
- Common variants of large effect in F12, KNG1, and HRG are associated with activated partial thromboplastin timeLorna M Houlihan
Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology, Department of Psychology, The University of Edinburgh, 7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK
Am J Hum Genet 86:626-31. 2010Activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) is associated with risk of thrombosis and coagulation disorders...
- Evidence of normal thrombin generation in cirrhosis despite abnormal conventional coagulation testsArmando Tripodi
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, University and IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 41:553-8. 2005..Conventional coagulation tests such as prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time are inadequate to explore the physiological mechanism regulating thrombin, because they do not allow ..
- Monitoring of unfractionated heparin with the activated partial thromboplastin time: determination of therapeutic rangesA M H P van den Besselaar
Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Thromb Res 107:235-40. 2002..study was to determine therapeutic ranges for unfractionated heparin therapy using the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) by calibration against anti-Xa concentration. APTT assays were performed locally, i.e...
- Use of a fixed activated partial thromboplastin time ratio to establish a therapeutic range for unfractionated heparinS M Bates
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 161:385-91. 2001..5 to 2.5 times the control activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) is not universally applicable...
- [Risk of hemorrhage after adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy. Value of the preoperative determination of partial thromboplastin time, prothrombin time and platelet count]K Scheckenbach
Klinik fur Hals, Nasen, Ohren Krankheiten, Medizinische Einrichtungen der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Deutschland
HNO 56:312-20. 2008..Therefore, routine preoperative coagulation screening, including activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), prothrombin time (PT) and platelet count (PLC), are regularly performed, also for medicolegal ..
- Global anticoagulant effects of a synthetic anti-factor Xa inhibitor (DX-9065a): implications for interventional useMahmut Tobu
Department of Pathology and Pharmacology, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 9:1-17. 2003..time assay, thrombelastography, and global clotting tests, such as prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), diluted aPTT, Heptest, Heptest-HI, dilute Russell's viper venom time (dRVVT), thrombin time, ..
- A shortened activated partial thromboplastin time is associated with the risk of venous thromboembolismArmando Tripodi
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi, Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University and IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Milano, Italy
Blood 104:3631-4. 2004..These factors are cumulatively explored by the activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT)...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ximelagatran, a novel oral direct thrombin inhibitor, in young healthy male subjectsUlf G Eriksson
AstraZeneca R and D, 431 83 Mölndal, Sweden
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 59:35-43. 2003..The primary objectives were to determine the dose linearity and reproducibility of melagatran exposure and the influence of food intake...
- Heterofucans from Dictyota menstrualis have anticoagulant activityI R L Albuquerque
Laboratório de Biotecnologia de Polímeros Naturais, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, 59072 970 Natal, RN, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 37:167-71. 2004..The anticoagulant activity of these heterofucans was determined by activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) using citrate normal human plasma. Only the fucans F1.0v and F1.5v showed anticoagulant activity...
- First experience with direct, selective factor Xa inhibition in patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: results of the XaNADU-ACS TrialJ H Alexander
Duke University Center and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:439-47. 2005..Anticoagulants with predictable kinetics and anticoagulant effects, better efficacy, and greater safety are needed...
- Prediction of recurrent venous thromboembolism by the activated partial thromboplastin timeG Hron
Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thromb Haemost 4:752-6. 2006..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a multi-factorial disease. Extensive thrombophilia screening is costly and often inconclusive. Simple laboratory methods are required to predict the risk of recurrence...
- Synthetic selective inhibitors of coagulation factor Xa strongly inhibit thrombin generation without affecting initial thrombin forming time necessary for platelet activation in hemostasisM Ieko
Departments of Internal Medicine, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
J Thromb Haemost 2:612-8. 2004....
- The activated partial thromboplastin time in early diagnosis of myocardial infarctionA M Madi
Yale Prevention Research Center and The Department of Preventive Medicine, Griffin Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, Derby, Connecticut 06418, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:495-9. 2001..few studies have examined the diagnostic value of routine coagulability markers, such as the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), in patients with chest pain...
- A laboratory evaluation into the short activated partial thromboplastin timeAshraf Mina
Department of Endocrinology, Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW 1245, Australia
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 21:152-7. 2010....
- Analysis of the activated partial thromboplastin time test using mathematical modelingA E Kogan
Biological Faculty, Department of Biochemistry, Room 129, Moscow State University, 119899, Moscow, Russia
Thromb Res 101:299-310. 2001Activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) is a laboratory test for the diagnosis of blood coagulation disorders...
- Transient acquired hemophilia associated with Mycoplasma pneumoniae pneumoniaMin Sun Kim
Department of Pediatrics and the Research Institute of Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 23:138-41. 2008..Hematologic studies showed a prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), partially corrected mixing test for aPTT, reduced levels of FVIII, and the presence of ..
- Epidemiological association between fasting plasma glucose and shortened APTTGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Ospedale Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro, 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Clin Biochem 42:118-20. 2009To investigate the relationship between fasting plasma glucose (FPG) and shortened activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), an independent risk factor for thrombosis.
- Prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time assay considerationsValerie L Ng
Department of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Lab Med 29:253-63. 2009..Thus, this article reviews laboratory issues and known variables influencing prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time results and international normalized ratio determinations.
- The multiple faces of the partial thromboplastin time APTTS I Rapaport
Department of Medicine and Pathology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 2:2250-9. 2004
- Further data on the structure of brown seaweed fucans: relationships with anticoagulant activityL Chevolot
Unité de Recherche Marine 2 et Laboratoire de Biochimie et Molécules Marines, IFREMER, Nantes, France
Carbohydr Res 319:154-65. 1999..Anticoagulant activity is apparently related not only to MW and sulfation content, as previously determined, but also (and more precisely) to 2-O-sulfation and 2,3-O-disulfation levels...
- Abnormally short activated partial thromboplastin times are related to elevated plasma levels of TAT, F1+2, D-dimer and FVIII:CEdwin ten Boekel
Laboratory for Clinical Chemistry, Hematology and Immunology, Medical Center of Alkmaar, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 32:137-42. 2002..In conclusion, short APTTs are indicative of marked coagulation activity and elevated FVIII:C levels. Elevated FVIII:C levels may play a pathogenic role in the increased risk of thrombosis associated with abnormally short APTTs...
- Isolated prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time in an asymptomatic patient: Fletcher factor deficiencyKadir Acar
Thromb Res 118:765-6. 2006
- Coagulation profiles in dogs with congenital portosystemic shunts before and after surgical attenuationAnne Kummeling
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
J Vet Intern Med 20:1319-26. 2006..Serious postoperative hemorrhage has been reported in dogs after closure of congenital portosystemic shunts (CPS)...
- Recombinant activated factor VII for adjunctive hemorrhage control in traumaU Martinowitz
National Hemophilia Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
J Trauma 51:431-8; discussion 438-9. 2001..Therefore, use of the drug in trauma patients suffering uncontrolled hemorrhage appears to be rational...
- Measurement of prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) on canine citrated plasma samples following different storage conditionsF Rizzo
Small Animal Hospital, School of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford, Bristol BS40 5DU, UK
Res Vet Sci 85:166-70. 2008....
- Effect of freezing method and storage at -20 degrees C and -70 degrees C on prothrombin time, aPTT and plasma fibrinogen levelsSonja Alesci
University Hospital of Frankfurt, Hemophilia Center, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Thromb Res 124:121-6. 2009..Prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), and fibrinogen using a kinetic fibrinogen assay, PT-derived fibrinogen, and an immunoassay were ..
- Stability of prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time tests under different storage conditionsL V Rao
UTMB TDCJ Correctional Managed Care, Huntsville, TX, USA
Clin Chim Acta 300:13-21. 2000Prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) are common laboratory tests that are useful in the diagnosis of coagulation disorders and monitoring anticoagulant therapy...
- Hemostatic profiles in 39 dogs with congenital portosystemic shuntsJ D Niles
Small Animal Teaching Hospital, The University of Liverpool, England
Vet Surg 30:97-104. 2001OBJECTIVES: To determine if there were significant changes in prothrombin time (PT), partial thromboplastin time (PTT), and fibrinogen levels in dogs with naturally occurring congenital portosystemic shunts (CPSS) and to determine if ..
- Guidelines for the use of recombinant activated factor VII (rFVIIa) in uncontrolled bleeding: a report by the Israeli Multidisciplinary rFVIIa Task ForceU Martinowitz
National Hemophilia Center, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer and Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Thromb Haemost 3:640-8. 2005..While evidence-based guidelines exist for rFVIIa treatment in hemophilia, none are available for its off-label use...
- Inhibition of thrombin generation in plasma by inhibitors of factor XaD Prasa
Zentrum für Vaskuläre Biologie und Medizin, Klinikum der Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, Germany
Thromb Haemost 78:1215-20. 1997..In contrast, the highly potent FXa inhibitor r-TAP causes a stronger reduction of the thrombin activity in plasma than the most potent thrombin inhibitor hirudin...
- Biphasic transmittance waveform in the APTT coagulation assay is due to the formation of a Ca(++)-dependent complex of C-reactive protein with very-low-density lipoprotein and is a novel marker of impending disseminated intravascular coagulationCheng Hock Toh
Departments of Biochemistry and Pathology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Blood 100:2522-9. 2002..The complex has been designated lipoprotein complexed C-reactive protein...
- The biphasic waveform in plasma: identifying the sepsis--coagulation crossroad? A rebuttalC H Toh
J Thromb Haemost 3:604-5; author reply 605-6. 2005
- Combined prednisolone and intravenous immunoglobulin treatment for acquired factor VIII inhibitors: a 2-year reviewA C Dykes
Haemophilia Centre, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Haemophilia 7:160-3. 2001..All patients were bleeding at the time of diagnosis with prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time. There were four complete responses, one partial response, one nonresponse and one with an inadequate ..
- Prothrombinase enhancement through quantitative and qualitative changes affecting very low density lipoprotein in complex with C-reactive proteinMichael W Dennis
Roald Dahl Haemostasis and Thrombosis Centre, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot Street, Liverpool L7 8XP, United Kingdom
Thromb Haemost 91:522-30. 2004..Using a modified activated partial thromboplastin time assay, the mean normal clot time decreased significantly when VLDL from patients with biphasic ..
- Transition from argatroban to oral anticoagulation with phenprocoumon or acenocoumarol: effects on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, and Ecarin Clotting TimeSebastian Harder
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thromb Haemost 91:1137-45. 2004..A similar interference of the VKA on the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT), a monitoring assay for direct thrombin inhibitors, can occur...
- Functional effects of the ABO locus polymorphism on plasma levels of von Willebrand factor, factor VIII, and activated partial thromboplastin timeJ C Souto
Unitat d Hemostasia i Trombosi, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:2024-8. 2000..00075). In addition, factor VIII coagulant activity and activated partial thromboplastin time showed suggestive linkage with the ABO locus (P=0.10 and P=0.13)...
- Disagreement between bedside and laboratory activated partial thromboplastin time and international normalized ratio for various novel anticoagulantsM J Kemme
Centre for Human Drug Research, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:583-91. 2001..studies on warfarin, heparin and various anticoagulants with novel mechanisms of action, the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) and the (apparent) international normalized ratio (INR) from a bedside monitor (Coagucheck Plus(..
- Activated partial thromboplastin time waveform analysis: a new tool to detect infection?Nicolas Chopin
Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale and Laboratoire d Hémostase, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Crit Care Med 34:1654-60. 2006An abnormality of the optical transmission waveform obtained during measurement of the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) has been described to identify a high-risk intensive care unit population consisting of patients with ..
- Effect of cardiopulmonary bypass on activated partial thromboplastin time waveform analysis, serum procalcitonin and C-reactive protein concentrationsBertrand Delannoy
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Louis Pradel Hospital, 69500 Bron, France
Crit Care 13:R180. 2009..Biphasic waveform (BPW) analysis is a new biological test derived from activated partial thromboplastin time that has recently been proposed for sepsis diagnosis...
- Acquired anti-FVIII inhibitors in childrenR J Moraca
The Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Haemophilia 8:28-32. 2002..The median baseline FVIII was 0.05 U mL(-1), and the median baseline activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) was 79.8 s...
- Abnormally short activated partial thromboplastin time values are associated with increased risk of recurrence of venous thromboembolism after oral anticoagulation withdrawalCristina Legnani
Department of Angiology and Blood Coagulation Marino Golinelli, University Hospital S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Br J Haematol 134:227-32. 2006This study prospectively evaluated the relationship between activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) and risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) recurrence after oral anticoagulant (OA) withdrawal in patients with a previous unprovoked ..
- Combination of biphasic transmittance waveform with blood procalcitonin levels for diagnosis of sepsis in acutely ill patientsAhmed N Zakariah
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Crit Care Med 36:1507-12. 2008..of combining measurement of blood procalcitonin (PCT) concentrations with the presence of a biphasic transmittance waveform (BPW) from the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) to identify sepsis in critically ill patients.
- Targeted deletion of murine coagulation factor XII gene-a model for contact phase activation in vivoHans Ulrich Pauer
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical School, University of Goettingen, Germany
Thromb Haemost 92:503-8. 2004..FXII knockout (FXII(-)/(-)) mice showed no FXII plasma activity and had a markedly prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT)...
- Biphasic activated partial thromboplastin time waveform and adverse events in non-intensive care unit patientsEve Y Smith
Department of Pathology, Division of Laboratory Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:138-41. 2004The purpose of the present study was to determine whether the presence of a biphasic activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) waveform (BPW) is associated with adverse clinical outcomes among patients not in an intensive care unit (..
- Plasma fibrinogen level, bleeding, and transfusion after on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting surgery: a prospective observational studyMartin Karlsson
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Transfusion 48:2152-8. 2008..We investigated the relationship between preoperative fibrinogen plasma concentration and postoperative bleeding and transfusion after coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)...
- Antiplatelet and antithrombotic activities of timosaponin B-II, an extract of Anemarrhena asphodeloidesWen Quan Lu
Department of Pharmacy, Changzheng Hospital, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 38:430-4. 2011..Furthermore, 1, 3 and 6 mg/kg TB-II prolonged activated partial thromboplastin time by 9.29, 16.86 and 25.50%, respectively, but had no effect on the prothrombin time...
- Effect of argatroban on the activated partial thromboplastin time: a comparison of 21 commercial reagentsJohn L Francis
Florida Hospital Center for Thrombosis and Hemostasis, 2501 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 16:251-7. 2005..We conclude that most aPTT reagents are similarly sensitive to argatroban, and reagent choice is unlikely to significantly affect argatroban monitoring in patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia...
- In vitro factor XI activation mechanism according to an optimized model of activated partial thromboplastin time testA Kramoroff
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 12:289-99. 2001..In this context, we have simulated theoretical activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) by means of a program based on a body of 22 essential elementary reactions implemented with rate ..
- Anticoagulant property of a semi-synthesized sodium beta-1,4-glucan sulfateZhao Mei Wang
Institute of Light Industry and Chemical Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou
Yao Xue Xue Bao 41:323-7. 2006..To investigate the anticoagulant efficacy and mechanism of a semi-synthesized sodium beta-1,4-glucan sulfate (Na-MCS)...
- Experimental study on anticoagulant and antiplatelet aggregation activity of a chemically sulfated marine polysaccharide YCPFang Han
School of Life Science and Technology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 36:201-7. 2005..activity and antiplatelet aggregation activity of these sulfated derivates were evaluated by activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), prothrombin time (PT), thrombin time (TT) and platelet aggregation assay...
- Hemostasis and global fibrinolytic capacity in chronic liver diseaseSirin Aytac
Department of Gastroenterology, Guven Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 18:623-6. 2007..There was a significant positive relationship between the GFC and the prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time values (P < 0.05)...
- Effects of a protease inhibitor, ulinastatin, on coagulation and fibrinolysis in abdominal surgeryTomoki Nishiyama
Department of Anesthesiology, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Anesth 20:179-82. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effects of ulinastatin, a protease inhibitor, on coagulation and fibrinolysis in abdominal surgery...
- Characterization of a myeloma patient with a life-threatening hemorrhagic diathesis: presence of a lambda dimer protein inhibiting shear-induced platelet aggregation by binding to the A1 domain of von Willebrand factorAtsushi Shinagawa
Division of Hematology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Thromb Haemost 93:889-96. 2005..Both the bleeding time (>25 min) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) were prolonged...
- Effect on routine and special coagulation testing values of citrate anticoagulant adjustment in patients with high hematocrit valuesRichard A Marlar
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service, Oklahoma, City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 126:400-5. 2006..55-0.72]). Prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) results from nonadjusted and adjusted samples were statistically different and exponentially ..
- The anticoagulant fraction from the leaves of Diospyros kaki L. has an antithrombotic activityYou Seon Sa
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Ulsan, Ulsan 680 749, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:667-74. 2005..It delayed thrombin time (TT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and prothrombin time (PT) using human plasma...
- Predilution versus postdilution during continuous venovenous hemofiltration: a comparison of circuit thrombogenesisAnne Cornelie J M de Pont
Departments of Intensive Care, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ASAIO J 52:416-22. 2006..In summary, predilution and postdilution did not differ with respect to extracorporeal circuit thrombogenesis. During postdilution, baseline platelet count and maximal prefilter pressure were inversely related with circuit survival time...
- Coagulation assaysShannon M Bates
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Henderson Research Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Circulation 112:e53-60. 2005
- Utility of routine coagulation studies in emergency department patients with suspected acute coronary syndromesDagan Schwartz
Department of Emergency Medicine, Mt Sinai Medical Center, Cleveland, OH, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 7:502-6. 2005..Many emergency departments use coagulation studies in the evaluation of patients with suspected acute coronary syndromes...
- Effects of antithrombin and heparin cofactor II levels on anticoagulation with IntimatanKenichi A Tanaka
Department of Anesthesiology, The Emory Healthcare, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Thromb Haemost 94:808-13. 2005..With the absence of both cofactors, neither agent alone or in combination had any effect on thrombin generation. We conclude that Intimatan may be an effective adjunct to heparin therapy under low AT conditions...
- Overuse of prothrombin and partial thromboplastin coagulation tests in medical inpatientsFlorian H Pilsczek
Division of Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Belfer 610, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Heart Lung 34:402-5. 2005..of anticoagulant therapy, prothrombin time (PT) is used to measure the effect of warfarin, whereas the partial thromboplastin time (PTT) measures the therapeutic effect of unfractionated heparin...
- Routine coagulation tests in newborn and young infantsGiuseppe Lippi
Sezione di Chimica Clinica, Dipartimento di Scienze Morfologico Biomediche, Ospedale Policlinico G B Rossi, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Piazzale Scuro, 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Thromb Thrombolysis 24:153-5. 2007..The diagnostic approach to haemostatic defects in the newborn is challenging and requires appropriate interpretation of coagulation tests according to reference values dependent on the postnatal age...
- Differences in the clinically effective molar concentrations of four direct thrombin inhibitors explain their variable prothrombin time prolongationTheodore E Warkentin
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thromb Haemost 94:958-64. 2005..On a mole-for-mole basis, lepirudin was most able to prolong the PT, activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and thrombin clotting time (TCT), whereas argatroban had the least effect...
- Design, synthesis and molecular modelling of 1-amidinopiperidine thrombin inhibitorsI Smolnikar
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, University Medical Centre, Slovenia
Pharmazie 62:243-54. 2007..The binding conformation of inhibitors in the active site of thrombin was revealed by molecular modelling studies...
- Recombinant human antithrombin inhibits thrombin formation and interleukin 6 release in human endotoxemiaJudith M Leitner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Division of Immunohaematology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:23-34. 2006..Effects on leukocytes and inhibition of interleukin-6 release seem to represent specific pharmacodynamic properties of recombinant human antithrombin...
- [Study of a glycoprotein from Gastrodia elata: its effects of anticoagulation and antithrombosis]Cheng shi Ding
Institute of Biochencistry and Nicrobiology, Anhui University, Hefei 230039, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:1060-4. 2007..To investigate the effects of polysaccharide 2-1 from Gastrodia elata (PGE2-1) on blood coagulation and thrombosis...
- Dual Direct Inhibitors of Thrombin and Factor XaUMESH RAMANLAL DESAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..at concentrations 2-6-fold below that of the clinically used LMWH enoxaparin, while in the activated partial thromboplastin time assay they required 2-6-fold higher concentration...
- Physiology and Molecular Biology of Factor XIDavid Gailani; Fiscal Year: 2013..and none are required for normal fXI function in plasma clotting assays such as the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) assay...
- Microactuated Rheometer for Point of Care Coagulopathy ApplicationsRichard Superfine; Fiscal Year: 2013..Traditional laboratory coagulation tests such as prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) are both impractical and ineffective at providing these diagnostics...
- Genetic Epidemiological Study of Venous Thromboembolism and Hemostatic FactorsWeihong Tang; Fiscal Year: 2012..The intermediate phenotypes include plasma levels of factor VIIIc, von Willebrand factor, and activated partial thromboplastin time. 3) To test for replication of significant genetic associations with VTE using a Mayo Clinic VTE study (..
- SYNTHESIS AND TESTING OF A NEW CLASS OF HEPARINOIDSJoseph Toce; Fiscal Year: 1991..properties of the final compounds generated will be examined for their ability to prolong the activated partial thromboplastin time and the thrombin time. The standard will be heparin, 175 units/mg. Dr...
- EFFECTS OF TF/FVIIa INHIBITION IN CRP TRANSGENIC MICEChristopher Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2004..at different doses and efficacy will be determined by the effects on prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time, platelet aggregation, and cyclic flow variations measured by Doppler flow...
- Nanoparticle targeting of cathepsin-L inhibitor and doxorubicin in breast cancerShaker Mousa; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FONDAPARINUM IN CHILDREN WITH THROMBOSISGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pharmacokinetic analyses as well as safety and efficacy determinations will be made which will provide valuable information on this new anticoagulant for pediatric patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Dose-finding, pharmacokinetic, safety and efficacy of bivalirudin in childrenGuy Young; Fiscal Year: 2009..125 mg/kg/hour). Dose adjustments will be based on the activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) which will be the pharmacodynamic (PD) parameter measured...
- Assessing Circulating Progenitor Cells in Heart DiseaseThomas Povsic; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will look at two methods of measuring these stem cells in the blood of heart patients. These methods may someday be used to predict who will or will not develop heart disease or other complications. ..
- Stabilized factor VIIIa as improved therapy for hemophilia AANDREW GALE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This treatment could improve the quality of life and overall health of the hemophilia A sufferers. ..
- Reduction of Annexin A5 in Antipholipid Pregnancy LossJACOB RAND; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Procoagulants in Aging CARDIA ParticipantsDavid Green; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Individual Propensity to Venous ThrombosisJohn Heit; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the incidence of VTE has remained relatively constant at about 1 per 1000 since 1980. Clearly, better methods of targeting VTE prophylaxis are needed. ..
- FUNCTION OF FACTOR VIII ON THE PLATELET MEMBRANEGary Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2001..Completion of the proposed studies will substantially increase our understanding of the role of the platelet phospholipids in activating the factor VIIIa-factor IXa complex. ..
- SLEEP, FATIGUE, AND DEXAMETHOSONE IN CHILDHOOD CANCERPamela Hinds; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our study findings will explicate the relationship between sleep efficiency and fatigue, and between sleep, fatigue, and systemic exposure to dexamethasone. ..
- Direct Cellular Effects of Blood Coagulation ProteasesLAURENT MOSNIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PUMONARY EMBOLISM DX IIRussell Hull; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- COAGULATION INITIATION IN FACTOR VII DEFICIENT MICEELLIOT ROSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research will contribute to our understanding of elements contributing to coagulation initiation in vivo. ..
- Effects of Vasoactive Drugs on Perfusion in Septic ShockPatrick Murray; Fiscal Year: 2005..focusing on prevention and management of septic acute renal failure, as a surrogate endpoint to optimize systemic perfusion in hyperdynamic states. ..
- Novel targets and agents to treat thrombotic disordersJohn Griffin; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Immune Thrombocytopenia and Low-Level Mercury ExposureJodi Segal; Fiscal Year: 2006..Segal with the necessary support for successful completion [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Enriched IVIG for the treatment of West Nile VirusIsrael Nur; Fiscal Year: 2005..In the absence of sufficient WN antibodies in convalescent donors, hyper-immune donors treated with an attenuated vaccine may be explored as an alternative source of plasma. ..
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS AND INTERVENTION STRATEGIES IN HUSRichard Siegler; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MECHANISMS OF HORMONE THERAPY IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENL Newby; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Role of Inter-alpha Inhibitors in Anthrax IntoxicationSteven Opal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Our research is focused on the development of a new and safe treatment based on the ability of inter-alpha proteins to prevent the fatal consequences of anthrax infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..