Genomes and Genes
Summary: The number of RETICULOCYTES per unit volume of BLOOD. The values are expressed as a percentage of the ERYTHROCYTE COUNT or in the form of an index ("corrected reticulocyte index"), which attempts to account for the number of circulating erythrocytes.
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Early prediction of response to intravenous iron supplementation by reticulocyte haemoglobin content and high-fluorescence reticulocyte count in haemodialysis patientsChiao Lin Chuang
Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:370-7. 2003..Therefore, the aim of this study was to appraise the diagnostic power of these two parameters in the early prediction of response to intravenous iron (IVFE) medications in HD patients receiving rHuEpo...
- Reticulocyte count, mean reticulocyte volume, immature reticulocyte fraction, and mean sphered cell volume in elite athletes: reference values and comparison with the general populationGiuseppe Banfi
Istituto Galeazzi, Via Galeazzi 4, 20161 Milan, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:616-22. 2006..Few studies have considered the application of these parameters in athletes and a lack of specific reference ranges means that their valid clinical use is difficult...
- Suppression of erythropoiesis in malarial anemia is associated with hemozoin in vitro and in vivoCliment Casals-Pascual
Nuffield Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and National Blood Service Oxford Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9BQ, United Kingdom
Blood 108:2569-77. 2006..Taken together, these observations provide compelling evidence for inhibition of erythropoiesis by Hz...
- Evaluation of the automated hematology analyzer Sysmex XT-2000iV ™ compared to the ADVIA ® 2120 for its use in dogs, cats, and horses. Part II: Accuracy of leukocyte differential and reticulocyte count, impact of anticoagulant and sample agingNatali Bauer
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Clinical Pathology and Clinical Pathophysiology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Frankfurterstr 129, 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Vet Diagn Invest 24:74-89. 2012..The overall performance of the Sysmex XT-2000iV was excellent and compared favorably with that of the ADVIA 2120. A special strength was the excellent detection of feline eosinophils...
- Immature reticulocytes as an early predictor of engraftment in autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantationJ F A Noronha
Department of Clinical Pathology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Lab Haematol 25:47-54. 2003..We compared absolute reticulocyte count (RetAbs), mean fluorescence index (MFI) and mean reticulocyte volume/mean corpuscular volume (MRV/MCV) ratio ..
- Automated reticulocyte counting: state of the art and clinical applications in the evaluation of erythropoiesisElisa Piva
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 48:1369-80. 2010The reticulocyte count reflects the erythropoietic activity of the bone marrow and is thus useful in both the diagnosis of anemias and in monitoring bone marrow response to therapy...
- High reticulocyte count is an independent risk factor for cerebrovascular disease in children with sickle cell anemiaCélia Maria Silva
Hemominas Foundation, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:116-21. 2011..Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography (TCD) is an important way of detecting risk of ischemic stroke in children with sickle cell anemia...
- Elevated reticulocyte count--a clue to the diagnosis of haemolytic-uraemic syndrome (HUS) associated with gemcitabine therapy for metastatic duodenal papillary carcinoma: a case reportS Serke
Department of Haematology Oncology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, , Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 79:1519-21. 1999..Re-exposure to gemcitabine 6 months after the episode of HUS instituted for progressive carcinoma, thus far has not caused another episode of HUS...
- Developmental toxicity of artesunate in the rat: comparison to other artemisinins, comparison of embryotoxicity and kinetics by oral and intravenous routes, and relationship to maternal reticulocyte countRobert L Clark
GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406 0939, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 83:397-406. 2008..The antimalarial, artesunate, is teratogenic and embryolethal in rats, with peak sensitivity on Days 10 and 11 postcoitum (pc)...
- Effects of artemisinins on reticulocyte count and relationship to possible embryotoxicity in confirmed and unconfirmed malarial patientsRobert L Clark
Artemis Pharmaceutical Research, 1758 Allentown Road, Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:61-75. 2012Rat studies suggest that artemisinin-induced decreases in reticulocyte count are a marker for embryotoxicity (in one study, r = 0.82; p < 0.05)...
- Pharmacodynamic analysis of changes in reticulocyte subtype distribution in phlebotomy-induced stress erythropoiesisNidal H Al-Huniti
College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 32:359-76. 2005..analysis between various new, proposed metrics involving the HR, MR and LR fractions and the total reticulocyte count, with the latter indicative of stress erythropoiesis at higher total counts, revealed a highly significant ..
- [Reticulocyte as indication of the erythroid hematopoiesis: reticulocyte fractions in peripheral blood and bone marrow]T Kageoka
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Kurashiki Central Hospital, Kurashiki 710-8602
Rinsho Byori 49:485-9. 2001..In cases of death after bone marrow transplantation unlike in survivors, reticulocyte fractions decreased after engraftment...
- Erroneously elevated immature reticulocyte counts in leukemic patients determined using a Sysmex XE-2100 hematology analyzerJungwon Huh
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Ewha Womans University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Ann Hematol 86:759-62. 2007..The findings of the present study demonstrate that IRF results may be erroneously elevated in leukemia patients and indicate that hematologists should examine reticulocyte scattergrams and UPP values carefully...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling of recombinant human erythropoietin after intravenous and subcutaneous administration in ratsSukyung Woo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 565 Hochstetter Hall, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1297-306. 2006..87 and SC(50) = 65.37 mIU/ml) and mean lifespans of major erythropoietic cell populations in rats...
- Assessment of hematologic progenitor engraftment by complete reticulocyte maturation parameters after autologous and allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationA Torres
Department of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation, Reina Sofia University Hospital, Avda Menedez Pidal s n, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Haematologica 86:24-9. 2001....
- Interference of blood leucocytes in the measurements of immature red cells (reticulocytes) by two different (semi-) automated flow-cytometry technologiesN Villamor
Virchow Klinikum, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Clin Lab Haematol 18:89-94. 1996..This error is directly correlated with the leucocyte count. The basis for reticulocyte identification should be improved before automated estimation of reticulocyte maturation can be used in clinical practice...
- Relation between reticulocyte count and characteristics of erythrocyte 5'-nucleotidase in dogs, cats, cattle and humansMohammad Alamgir Hossain
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 65:193-7. 2003..lead, erythrocyte 5'-nucleotidase was measured in dogs, cats, cattle and humans, and its relationship to the reticulocyte count in these species was determined...
- Iron-deficient erythropoiesis in neonatal ratsSuzanne H Dubuque
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, AZ 85724 5073, USA
Biol Neonate 81:51-7. 2002..The neonatal rat is an excellent model of iron-deficient erythropoiesis and will be useful in designing future mechanistic studies examining the interplay between iron and erythropoiesis in the anemic, iron-challenged premature neonate...
- Haematological analysis conducted at the departure of the Tour de France 2001N Robinson
Laboratoire Suisse d Analyse du Dopage, Institut Universitaire de Medecine Legale, Rue du Bugnon 21, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Int J Sports Med 26:200-7. 2005..analysers of the same manufacturer to avoid too many variations notably on the haematocrit level and the reticulocyte count. Furthermore, this study suggests that analyses performed on the site are good and could enable the ..
- Autologous blood transfusion in radical hysterectomy with and without erythropoietin therapyMonica Hyllner
Departments of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 99:757-62. 2002..To investigate whether preoperative treatment with erythropoietin facilitates the collection of a sufficient amount of autologous blood in a short period of time...
- Perioperative erythropoietin administration in patients with gastrointestinal tract cancer: prospective randomized double-blind studyNicholas Kosmadakis
First Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippokration General Hospital, Athens Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Ann Surg 237:417-21. 2003....
- Effects of exercise on the secondary blood markers commonly used to suspect erythropoietin dopingNeil Robinson
Laboratoire Suisse d Analyse du Dopage, Institut Universitaire de Medecine Legale, Lausanne, Switzerland
Clin Lab 49:57-62. 2003..as the haematocrit level increased significantly after effort, whereas the plasma EPO concentration and the reticulocyte count remained constant...
- Re-challenging patients who developed pure red cell aplasia with epoetin: can it be done?Iain C Macdougall
Department of Renal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2901-5. 2004
- Hemoglobin levels correlate with interleukin-6 levels in patients with advanced untreated epithelial ovarian cancer: role of inflammation in cancer-related anemiaAntonio Maccio
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sirai Hospital, Carbonia, Italy
Blood 106:362-7. 2005..This evidence suggests that anemia in epithelial ovarian cancer is common and its presence is related to stage of disease and markers of inflammation...
- The Advia 120 red blood cells and reticulocyte indices are useful in diagnosis of iron-deficiency anemiaSanna Kotisaari
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Eur J Haematol 68:150-6. 2002..Nevertheless, the advanced RBC and reticulocyte indices may prove to be useful tools in the evaluation of iron status and diagnosis of iron-deficiency anemia...
- [Reticulocyte]Katsumi Higashi
Clinical Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo
Nihon Rinsho 62:558-60. 2004
- Regulation of iron absorption in Hfe mutant miceRichard S Ajioka
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Blood 100:1465-9. 2002..Our data indicate that Hfe mutant mice retain the ability to regulate iron absorption. Mouse hemachromatosis protein (Hfe) plays a minor role in down-regulation but does not influence the up-regulation of iron absorption...
- Erythropoiesis and serum sVCAM-1 levels in adults with sickle cell diseaseA J Duits
Red Cross Bloodbank Curaçao, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Ann Hematol 82:171-4. 2003....
- Zidovudine-related anemia with reticulocytosisP R Koduri
Department of Medicine, Cook County Hospital, Hektoen Building, Room 817, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Ann Hematol 82:184-5. 2003..These features can be mistaken for hemolytic disease, as shown by our experience with three such patients...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profiles of extended dosing of epoetin alfa in anemic patients who have chronic kidney disease and are not on dialysisTracy McGowan
Ortho Biotech Clinical Affairs, LLC, 430 Route 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:1006-14. 2008....
- Effect of altitude on second-generation blood tests to detect erythropoietin abuse by athletesMichael J Ashenden
Science and Industry against Blood doping, Gold Coast QLD 4217, Australia
Haematologica 88:1053-62. 2003..We investigated changes in blood parameters and model scores during and after exposure to terrestrial and simulated altitudes...
- Associations between serum transferrin receptor concentrations and erythropoietic activities according to body iron statusJong Weon Choi
Department of Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, Inha University, Inchon, South Korea
Ann Clin Lab Sci 33:279-84. 2003..In summary, iron deficiency leads to increased production of immature reticulocytes. Erythropoietic activity is more closely associated with log ferritin values than with sTfR concentrations in iron-deficiency anemia...
- The effect of common hematologic abnormalities on the ability of blood models to detect erythropoietin abuse by athletesRobin Parisotto
Department of Physiology, Australian Institute of Sport, PO Box 176, Belconnen ACT 2616, Australia
Haematologica 88:931-40. 2003..Because hematologic abnormalities can also result in unusual blood profiles, the aim of this study was to document the incidence and magnitude of such abnormalities in an elite athlete population...
- [Anemia and erythropoietin in critically ill patients]S Baginski
Universitätsklinikum Charité der Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Medizinische Klinik m S Nephrologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin
Zentralbl Chir 128:487-92. 2003..Recombinant human EPO has been proven to be effective in ameliorating the anemia of critical illness in several pilot studies and is currently being tested in larger trials...
- Marked decreases of total and immature reticulocytes in myelodysplastic syndrome among patients with pancytopeniaOsamu Kabutomori
Central Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Japan
Acta Haematol 109:212-3. 2003
- Reticulocyte indices rapidly reflect an increase in iron availability for erythropoiesisSanna Kotisaari
Haematologica 88:1422-3. 2003
- Beta-globin mRNA increases rapidly during erythropoietin treatmentA Hagberg
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala Academic Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 63:239-45. 2003..The response pattern of a possible new marker, beta-globin mRNA, is compared with reticulocyte count, levels of haemoglobin, transferrin receptor and ferritin after r-HuEpo treatment...
- Recombinant human erythropoietin in preoperative autologous blood donation did not influence the haemoglobin recovery after surgeryA Avall
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, East Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 47:687-92. 2003..The aim of the study was to determine endogenous erythropoietin production and haemoglobin recovery after preoperative autologous blood donation and surgery, with or without recombinant human erythropoietin treatment...
- Abnormal hematologic profiles in elite cross-country skiers: blood doping or?James Stray-Gundersen
Clin J Sport Med 13:132-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence of abnormal hematologic profiles in elite cross-country skiers, which may indicate a high probability of blood doping...
- Dexamethasone treatment improves morphological and hematological parameters in chronic experimental schistosomiasisAlexandre S Pyrrho
Departamento de Analises Clinicas e Toxicologicas, Faculdade de Farmacia, Cidade Universitaria, CCS, UFRJ, 21949 900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Parasitol Res 92:478-83. 2004..These data suggest that treatment with dexamethasone results in a mild course of murine schistosomiasis and point to this drug as a promising agent to complement S. mansoni specific treatment...
- [Erythropoietin administration to preterm infants: comparison between subcutaneous and intravenous route]V Rigourd
Service de réanimation néonatale, Institut de Puériculture et de Périnatalogie, 26, boulevard Brune, 75014 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 11:319-26. 2004..Our aim was to compare the effectiveness of a one-month treatment with recombinant human erythropoietine (rHuEpo) according to the administration route...
- The effect of vitamin E-bonded dialyzer membrane on red blood cell survival in hemodialyzed patientsTatsuya Nakatan
Department of Artificial Kidney, Osaka City University Medical School, Japan
Artif Organs 27:214-7. 2003..Therefore this study aimed to elucidate the effect of vitamin E-bonded dialyzer membrane on RBC life span by measuring creatine content in RBC...
- Recombinant human erythropoietin in mildly anemic women before total hysterectomyV Dousias
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 30:235-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to investigate the efficacy of preoperative recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) treatment in a group of mildly anemic women...
- Trekrezan as a modulator of hemato- and immunopoiesesO P Kolesnikova
Favorskii Institute of Chemistry, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Favorskogo 1, Irkutsk, 664033 Russia
Dokl Biol Sci 391:306-8. 2003
- Erythropoiesis activity, iron availability and reticulocyte hemoglobinization during treatment with hemodialysis and in subjects with uremiaMarianne Schoorl
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Hematology and Immunology, Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Clin Lab 52:621-9. 2006..Slightly increased values for the ZPP/heme ratio in combination with elevated reticulocyte count reflect increased activity of erythropoiesis...
- Analysis of red cell parameters on the Sysmex XE 2100 and ADVIA 120 in iron deficiency and in uraemic chronic diseaseO David
Department of Clinical Pathology, Regina Margherita S Anna Hospital, Turin, Italy
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 66:113-20. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the extent to which the red cell parameters, RBC-Y and RET-Y, provided by Sysmex XE 2100, correlate with HYPO and CHr...
- Cessation of intensive treatment with recombinant human erythropoietin is followed by secondary anemiaM Piron
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, and the Department of Clinical Biology, Division of Laboratory Hematology, , , Belgium
Blood 97:442-8. 2001..This may rather represent intrinsic erythroid marrow exhaustion, mostly at the level of erythroid progenitors but also at later stages of erythropoiesis...
- Association of serum transferrin receptor concentration with markers of inflammation in Zimbabwean childrenIshmael Kasvosve
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences, Harare, Zimbabwe
Clin Chim Acta 371:130-6. 2006....
- Predicting erythroid response to recombinant erythropoietin plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor therapy following a single subcutaneous bolus in patients with myelodysplasiaDavid Bowen
Haematologica 91:709-10. 2006..In this small study, the reticulocyte response at day 7 was highly predictive of subsequent response to a therapeutic trial of epoietin + G-CSF...
- Patients with pulmonary and cardiac disease show an elevated proportion of immature reticulocytesR G Kendall
Department of Haematology, The Freeman Hospital, Newcastle-upon Tyne, UK
Clin Lab Haematol 23:27-31. 2001..Furthermore, serial monitoring of the IRF may prove valuable in observing the efficacy of therapy in these patients...
- [Recombinant Human Erythropoietin (r-HuEPO) therapy in a newborn with hereditary spherocytosis]M Schiff
Service de néonatologie et de réanimation néonatale, Hopital Debrousse, 29, rue Soeur Bouvier, 69322 cedex 05, Lyon, France
Arch Pediatr 10:333-6. 2003..The newborn with hereditary spherocytosis can develop severe anemia, requiring red blood cell transfusions. Therapy with r-HuEPO has been proposed to avoid transfusions...
- Efficacy of recombinant human erythropoietin in critically ill patients admitted to a long-term acute care facility: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialMichael Silver
Kindred Health Care, Chicago, IL, USA
Crit Care Med 34:2310-6. 2006..Recent data have shown that red blood cell transfusions in critically ill patients can be decreased with recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO) therapy during their intensive care unit stay...
- Perioperative intravenous iron preserves iron stores and may hasten the recovery from post-operative anaemia after knee replacement surgeryJ A García-Erce
Department of Haematology, University Hospital, Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Transfus Med 16:335-41. 2006..Further studies are needed to ascertain which patients may benefit of extended intravenous iron and/or erythropoietin administration...
- Erythropoiesis and myocardial energy requirements contribute to the hypermetabolism of childhood sickle cell anemiaJacqueline M Hibbert
Department of Biochemistry, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 43:680-7. 2006..We hypothesized that an elevated hemoglobin synthesis rate (SynHb) and myocardial oxygen consumption (MVO2) contribute to the excess protein and energy metabolism reported in children with sickle cell anemia...
- The effect of subcutaneous recombinant human erythropoietin (r-Hu EPO) in CAPD patients with renal anaemiaL Janicka
Klinika Nefrologii Akademii Medycznej, Lublinie
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 48:67-77. 1994..We therefore present our result on the efficacy and safety of low dose r-Hu EPO given subcutaneously in th treatment of anemia in CAPD patients...
- Treatment of profound anemia with erythropoietin and steroids in a patient with X-linked chronic granulomatous disease associated with MacLeod erythrocyte phenotypeAchille Aouba
Am J Hematol 82:773-4. 2007
- Serum transferrin receptor in children: usefulness for determinating the nature of anemia in infectionM Angeles Vázquez López
Departments of Pediatrics, Hospital Torrecardenas, Almeria, Spain
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:809-15. 2006....
- Recombinant human erythropoietin use in hemolytic anemia due to prosthetic heart valves: a promising treatmentS Hirawat
Don Monti Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital-New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Am J Hematol 66:224-6. 2001..Two patients are reported with hemolytic anemia due to red blood cell fragmentation in association with prosthetic heart vales. They were treated with erythropoietin which eliminated the need for packed red blood cell transfusion...
- Live high-train low for 24 days increases hemoglobin mass and red cell volume in elite endurance athletesJon Peter Wehrlin
Swiss Federal Institute of Sports, Section for Elite Sport, 2532 Magglingen, Switzerland
J Appl Physiol (1985) 100:1938-45. 2006..1,080+/-98 s; P<0.01) from pre- to postaltitude. Living at 2,500 m and training at lower altitudes for 24 days increases Hbmass and RCV. These changes may contribute to enhance performance of elite endurance athletes...
- The safety and efficacy of ferumoxytol therapy in anemic chronic kidney disease patientsBruce S Spinowitz
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, The New York Hospital Medical Center of Queens, Flushing, New York 11355, USA
Kidney Int 68:1801-7. 2005..This phase II clinical trial studied ferumoxytol, a semi-synthetic carbohydrate-coated iron oxide administered by rapid intravenous injection to anemic chronic kidney disease patients (predialysis or undergoing peritoneal dialysis)...
- Antibody-induced anemia in fetal sheep: model for hemolytic disease of the fetus and newbornR B Wolf
Department of Reproductive Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0802, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 8:224-32. 2001..Furthermore, there appears to be a threshold degree of anemia required to elicit responses as the fetal EPO, PO(2), and lactate appeared unresponsive until hematocrit fell below 25%...
- Austrian Moderate Altitude Study (AMAS 2000): erythropoietic activity and Hb-O(2) affinity during a 3-week hiking holiday at moderate altitude in persons with metabolic syndromeWolfgang Schobersberger
University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology Tyrol, Institute for Leisure, Travel and Alpine Medicine, Tyrol, Austria
High Alt Med Biol 6:167-77. 2005..b>Reticulocyte count and erythropoietin (EPO) were increased at T2 and increased further until T5...
- L-arginine administration reverses anemia associated with renal diseaseTakahisa Tarumoto
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical School, Shimotsuke, Japan
Int J Hematol 86:126-9. 2007..3 g/day of L-arginine significantly improves Epo production and reverses anemia without adverse effects in elderly patients who have anemia associated with renal disease and are in the predialysis state of chronic renal failure...
- Characterization of the iron transporter DMT1 (NRAMP2/DCT1) in red blood cells of normal and anemic mk/mk miceF Canonne-Hergaux
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 98:3823-30. 2001..Together, these results provide further evidence that DMT1 plays a central role in iron acquisition via the transferrin cycle in erythroid cells...
- Anemia of chronic disease is the more frequent type of anemia seen in patients with chronic idiopathic neutropenia of adultsH A Papadaki
Department of Hematology of the University of Crete School of Medicine, University Hospital of Heraklion, Greece
Ann Hematol 80:195-200. 2001..These findings further support our previously reported suggestion for the possible existence, in NI-CINA patients, of an unrecognized low-grade chronic inflammatory process that may be involved in the pathogenesis of the disorder...
- Hemoglobin mass and peak oxygen uptake in untrained and trained female altitude residentsD Boning
Institute of Sports Medicine Charité University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Sports Med 25:561-8. 2004....
- Reticulocyte evaluation in alpha(+)-thalassemiaF Krügner
Department of Clinical Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Hematol 81:68-70. 2006..0082 and 0.0436, respectively). The results found here are compatible with a compensated erythropoiesis and do not confirm the hypothesis mentioned above...
- Effects of erythropoietin on erythrocyte deformability in non-transfused preterm infantsMartina Klipp
Division of Neonatology, Department of Paediatrics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Acta Paediatr 96:253-6. 2007..This prospective, randomised and controlled study was designed to find out whether rhEPO treatment improves erythrocyte deformability in preterm infants...
- [Clinical and laboratory prognostic parameters for leukemic types of chronic lymphoproliferative diseases]Ika Kardum-Skelin
Klinicka bolnica Merkur, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 62:351-64. 2008..The aim of the study was to identify the clinical and laboratory (hematologic, biochemical and morphological) prognostic parameters of chronic leukemic lymphoproliferative diseases (CLLPD)...
- An early (sixth-hour) serum bilirubin measurement is useful in predicting the development of significant hyperbilirubinemia and severe ABO hemolytic disease in a selective high-risk population of newborns with ABO incompatibilityS Umit Sarici
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Ihsan Doğramaci Children s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatrics 109:e53. 2002....
- Interaction of stem cell factor and its receptor c-kit mediates lodgment and acute expansion of hematopoietic cells in the murine spleenV C Broudy
Department of Medicine University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Blood 88:75-81. 1996..The mice were killed on day 3 and the hematocrit (Hct), reticulocyte count, and numbers of erythroid and myeloid hematopoietic progenitor cells (colony-forming unit-erythroid [CFU-E], ..
- Erythropoietin therapy in children with bronchiolitis and anemiaBrian R Jacobs
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 4:44-8. 2003..with bronchiolitis and anemia would have a circulating erythropoietin deficiency and that treatment with exogenous erythropoietin would increase reticulocyte count and hematocrit and reduce red blood cell transfusion requirements.
- Influence of diet on the hematology and serum biochemistry of zinc-intoxicated mallardsJ M Levengood
Center for Wildlife Ecology, Illinois Natural History Survey, Champaign 61820, USA
J Wildl Dis 36:111-23. 2000..Zn-dosed ducks had a lower mean erythrocyte packed cell volume (PCV), higher mean reticulocyte count, and a greater number of individuals with immature and/or abnormal erythrocytes, than did control mallards...
- [Evaluation of the efficacy of intravenous iron III-hydroxide saccharate for treating adult patients with iron deficiency anemia]Rodolfo Delfini Cançado
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Santa Casa de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 51:323-8. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of intravenous iron III-hydroxide saccharate for treating adult patients with iron deficiency anemia lacking satisfactory response to oral iron therapy...
- [Possible complications of erythropoietin therapy in patients with chronic renal failure]Steva Pljesa
Nefrolosko odeljenje internisticke sluzbe, Medicinski fakultet Beograd, Klinicko Bolnicki Centar Zemun
Med Pregl 57:254-7. 2004..There have been many publications in the past 20 years about positive effects of human recombinant erythropoietin, which is used in treatment of anemia, especially in patients on dialysis...
- The association of anti-r-HuEpo-associated pure red cell aplasia with HLA-DRB1*09-DQB1*0309Kearkiat Praditpornsilpa
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1545-9. 2009..This adverse immunological effect of r-HuEpo causes sudden loss of r-HuEpo efficacy, low circulating reticulocyte count and bone marrow biopsy shows an absence of erythroid precursor cells with normal cell population of non-..
- Megaloblastic anaemia: prevalence and causative factorsUma Khanduri
Department of Haematology, St Stephen s Hospital, Tis Hazari, Delhi, India
Natl Med J India 20:172-5. 2007..Megaloblastic anaemia is not uncommon in India, but data are insufficient regarding its prevalence, and causative and precipitating factors. We did a prospective study to document such data for patients of megaloblastic anaemia...
- Pure red cell aplasia and anti-erythropoietin antibodies in patients treated with epoetinNicole Casadevall
Haematology Laboratory, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:viii37-41. 2003..with an absolute resistance to epoetin therapy and then rapidly develop severe anaemia with a very low reticulocyte count (<10 000/mm(3))...
- Reference values and hematologic changes from birth to 5 years in patients with sickle cell disease. Cooperative Study of Sickle Cell DiseaseA K Brown
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 148:796-804. 1994..To examine hematologic changes from birth to 5 years of age and establish hematologic reference values for infants and children with sickle cell disease...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in neonatesR Iranpour
Department of Pediatrics, Al Zahra Hospital, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Indian J Pediatr 70:855-7. 2003..Our aim was to study the prevalence of G6PD deficiency in relation to neonatal jaundice...
- Effect of intravenous iron supplementation on erythropoiesis in erythropoietin-treated premature infantsA Pollak
Department of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Pediatrics 107:78-85. 2001..To test the efficacy and safety of combining intravenous iron in amounts approximating the in utero iron accretion rate and the postnatal iron loss with erythropoietin (EPO) in very low birth weight (VLBW) infants...
- Severe autoimmune cytopenias in treatment-naive hepatitis C virus infection: clinical description of 35 casesManuel Ramos-Casals
Department of Autoimmune Diseases, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, School of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
Medicine (Baltimore) 82:87-96. 2003..6 mg/dL in the serum unconjugated bilirubin level, a reticulocyte count >5%, and a positive direct Coombs test. Severe neutropenia was defined as a neutrophil count <0...
- Severe anemia from parvovirus b19 infection in pediatric renal transplant recipients: two case reportsV Pinto
Exequiel Gonzalez Cortes Hospital, Metropolitan Southern Health Service, Pediatric Department, University of Chile School of Medicine, Santiago, Chile
Transplant Proc 40:3261-4. 2008..Herein we have reported our experience with two pediatric renal transplant recipients who had severe pure red cell aplasia in the early period after surgery, accompanying PVB19 infection...
- Urinary tract infection in term neonates with prolonged jaundiceNader Pashapour
Department of Pediatrics, Imam Hospital, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Urol J 4:91-4; discussion 94. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the frequency of urinary tract infection (UTI) in neonates with prolonged jaundice...
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura induced by metronidazole vaginal gelAnastasia Rivkin
Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Brooklyn, New York 11201, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1058-61. 2007..Patients with TTP often have an increased reticulocyte count, elevated serum lactate dehydrogenase level, and decreased serum haptoglobin level...
- Impact of daily consumption of iron fortified ready-to-eat cereal and pumpkin seed kernels (Cucurbita pepo) on serum iron in adult womenMohammad Reza Naghii
Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Health, Baqiyatallah a s University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Biofactors 30:19-26. 2007..collected on the day 20 of menstrual cycles before and after consumption and indices of iron status such as reticulocyte count, hemoglobin (Hb), hematocrit (Ht), serum ferritin, iron, total iron-binding capacity (TIBC), transferrin and ..
- Jaundice with hepatic dysfunction in P. falciparum malariaAli Hassan Abro
Infectious Disease Unit, Rashid Hospital, Dubai, UAE
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:363-6. 2009..To evaluate the frequency and severity of jaundice with hepatic dysfunction in Plasmodium (P.) falciparum malaria in adult patients admitted in the hospital...
- An automated optoelectronic reticulocyte counterK Kojima
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Osaka City, University Medical School, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 92:57-61. 1989..007 +/- 0.0055 (0.70 +/- 0.55%) for the reticulocytes, (4.63 +/- 1.09) X 10(9)/L for the reticulocyte count, 2.3 +/- 1.9% for highly fluorescent cells, 18.7 +/- 5.1% for moderately fluorescent cells, and 78.8 +/- 6...
- Characterization of the myelotoxicity of chloramphenicol succinate in the B6C3F1 mouseJohn A Turton
Centre for Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Int J Exp Pathol 87:101-12. 2006..The blood HFR reticulocyte count was a precise indicator of CAPS-induced depressive effects and subsequent recovery...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency in neonatal indirect hyperbilirubinemiaEnver Atay
Zeynep Kamil Maternity and Children s Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Trop Pediatr 52:56-8. 2006..newborn, complete blood count, peripheral blood smear, serum total and direct bilirubin, direct coombs test, reticulocyte count, serum-free T4 and TSH, urine analysis, urinary reducing substance and erythrocyte G6PD level...
- Evaluation of intravascular hemolysis with erythrocyte creatine in patients with cardiac valve prosthesesToshika Okumiya
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
Chest 125:2115-20. 2004..Erythrocyte creatine, a marker of erythrocyte age that increases with shortening erythrocyte survival, was evaluated with other hemolytic markers and hemodynamic parameters...
- Hydrops fetalis and neonatal death from human parvovirus B19: an unusual complicationT Marton
Department of Histopathology Birmingham Women s Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Prenat Diagn 25:543-5. 2005..This was confirmed on fetal blood sampling, but recovery was suggested with a reticulocyte count of 16.8%. The fetal karyotype was normal, 46,XY. Fetal IgM was positive for Parvovirus...
- Blood conservation in the critically illJennifer Thomas
Intensive Care Unit, St Agnes Hospital Pharmacy, Baltimore, MD 21229, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:S11-8. 2007....
- Erythropoiesis in women during 11 days at 4,300 m is not affected by menstrual cycle phaseJ T Reeves
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 91:2579-86. 2001..phases, and, where comparison within women was available, cycle phase did not alter erythropoietin (n = 5), reticulocyte count (n = 10), and red cell volume (n = 9)...
- [Determination by flow cytometry of reference values of erythrocyte parameters in aged subjects]H Blain
Centre de Gérontologie clinique, CHU de Montpellier
Presse Med 30:779-84. 2001..We compared normal values of hematological parameters in healthy adults and healthy persons aged 65 years and over using flow cytometry...
- Spectrum and outcome analysis of marked neonatal hyperbilirubinemia with blood group incompatibilityYi Hao Weng
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taipei, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:400-8. 2009..In the current study, we investigate the spectrum and outcome of marked neonatal hyperbilirubinemia with blood group incompatibility...
- Transgenic rescue of hemolytic anemia due to red blood cell pyruvate kinase deficiencyHitoshi Kanno
Department of Transfusion Medicine and Cell Processing, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Haematologica 92:731-7. 2007..To test whether the targeted overexpression of the normal R-PK gene in erythroid cells could reduce hemolysis in R-PK mutant mice, we performed a genetic rescue study using human R-PK transgenic mice...
- Pure red cell aplasia accompanied by autoimmune hemolytic anemia in a patient with type A viral hepatitisHiromi Koiso
Medicine and Clinical Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Rinsho Ketsueki 50:424-9. 2009..and a positive direct Coombs test were detected and these findings indicated AIHA complication; however, the reticulocyte count decreased and bone marrow showed marked erythroid hypoplasia so the co-existence of PRCA was diagnosed...
- [Pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of anemia]Keiya Ozawa
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Jichi Medical University
Nihon Rinsho 66:423-8. 2008..Iron parameters (serum iron, serum ferritin, etc.), reticulocyte count, bone marrow examination, Coombs test, serum vitamin B12 level, and Ham test are also useful in the ..
- Plasma exchange for treatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in critically ill patientsP Knobl
Department of Medicine I, University of Vienna, Austria
Intensive Care Med 23:44-50. 1997..Description of diagnostic procedures, treatment modalities and intensive care management of patients with thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)...
- Brief communication: Successful treatment of pure red-cell aplasia with an anti-interleukin-2 receptor antibody (daclizumab)Elaine M Sloand
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann Intern Med 144:181-5. 2006..Most patients respond to some form of immunosuppressive treatment, but few prospective clinical trials have been performed...
- Inducing Fetal Hemoglobin to Treat Sickle Cell DiseaseChristian Hassig; Fiscal Year: 2004..5-$2 billion annually in health care costs in the United States alone. It is anticipated that this work will generate a desperately needed long-term therapy for SCD. ..
- Malaria and the safety of iron interventions: absorption and NTBIGary M Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2012..inflammatory cytokines, erythrocyte zinc protoporphyrin, and the complete blood count with absolute reticulocyte count and reticulocyte hemoglobin content (CHr)...
- Acute vs. delayed iron therapy: effect on iron status, anemia and cognitionChandy C John; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hemoglobin, iron status (ZnPP, ferritin, TfR), erythropoiesis (erythropoietin, reticulocyte count) and inflammation (hepcidin, ferritin, alphal-acid glycoprotein, cytokines) will then be measured at ..
- Enhancing Use of Hydroxyurea In Sickle Cell Disease Using Patient NavigatorsWally R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2013..or maximum dose;ED and hospital visits;mean corpuscular volume;total hemoglobin;white blood cell count;reticulocyte count;and quality of life...
- A novel mechanism of coagulation in sickle cell diseaseJULIA BRITTAIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..We also found a strong correlation between stress reticulocyte count, the number of the sRetic/monocyte aggregates and tissue factor (TF) activity on plasma microparticles and ..
- ORAL L GLUTAMINE THERAPY FOR SICKLE CELL ANEMIAYutaka Niihara; Fiscal Year: 2001..or chronic pain, 3) sickle cell anemia patients' hematological parameters including hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count,and hexokinase level, and 4) adverse effects attributable to L-glutamine...
- EVENT RECORDINGS OF HIGH RISK INFANTS ON APNEA MONITORSDEBRA WEESE MAYER; Fiscal Year: 1991..Baseline studies will include hematocrit, reticulocyte count, echocardiogram, cranial ultrasound, hair analysis for illicit drugs, growth parameters, and ..
- Epo as a Rescue Agent for Perinatal Hypoxia-IschemiaSandra Juul; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- METABOLIC CONSEQUENCES OF ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPYDAVID WEIGLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Future trials of these medications, along with a great deal more basic research, are clearly justified by the increasing and sustained use of HAART to deal with the worldwide epidemic of HIV infection. ..
- TRAUMA-RELATED ERYTHROPOIETIC SUPPRESSIONDavid Livingston; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the mechanisms behind post-trauma anemia will allow therapeutic interventions improving endogenous erythropoiesis to be targeted. ..
- ETIOLOGY OF STROKE IN CHILDREN WITH SICKLE CELL DISEASESherri Zimmerman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Based on this fact-finding study, I will design a hypothesis-driven therapeutic clinical trial for children at highest risk of developing stroke. ..
- Modulators of Nitric Oxide Synthase Activity in Sickle Cell DiseaseMary E Fabry; Fiscal Year: 2010..These observations may be applicable to patient interventions. ..
- Chicago Sickle Cell Clinical NetworkJoseph DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2008..To determine if there is a genetic basis for treatment variation, we will evaluate patients for genotypic variability using a number of polymorphic genes, such as mu receptor, MDR1 protein, and cytochrome 2D6. ..
- Genetic Dissection of Sickle Cell Anemia PhenotypesPaola Sebastiani; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Methylation, Chromatin, and Globin Gene SilencingJoseph DeSimone; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will define the mechanisms of gamma-globin gene silencing, and will aid in the development of new procedures to augment HbF production in patients with sickle cell disease. ..
- Nonhematopoietic Developmental Functions of EPOSandra Juul; Fiscal Year: 2004..We feel these experiments will provide important specific insights into the regulation of neonatal intestinal growth and injury. ..
- STUDIES OF REGIONAL FAT DISTRIBUTION AND ENERGY BALANCEDAVID WEIGLE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The applicant has successfully trained several young physician investigators in patient-oriented and basic research, and a plan to continue doing so is presented. ..