Genomes and Genes
Summary: The number of RED BLOOD CELLS per unit volume in a sample of venous BLOOD.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Screening toxicity study in young carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) on feed amended with fumonisin B1Stjepan Pepeljnjak
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Ante Kovacica 1, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Mycopathologia 156:139-45. 2003..nova) in the group treated with the higher FB1 dose. Several hematological parameters (erythrocyte count, platelet count) and serum chemical concentrations (creatinin, total bilirubin) and activities (aspartate ..
- [Simple hematological blood tests and urine and stool tests for diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis]Masahiro Yamamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University
Nihon Rinsho 63:297-300. 2005
- Lead decreases parasitemia and enhances survival of Plasmodium berghei-infected miceSaisudha Koka
Department of Physiology, University of Tubingen, Gmelinstr 5, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 363:484-9. 2007..berghei harbouring erythrocytes. In conclusion, Pb(NO3)2 accelerates eryptosis and subsequent clearance of infected erythrocytes and thus favourably influences the course of malaria...
- Subclinical lung disease, macrocytosis, and premature graying in kindreds with telomerase (TERT) mutationsAlberto Diaz de Leon
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390 8591, USA
Chest 140:753-63. 2011..The subclinical phenotypes of asymptomatic members of these families have not been evaluated with respect to TERT mutation status or telomere length...
- Human red blood cell aging: correlative changes in surface charge and cell propertiesYao Xiong Huang
Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Ji Nan University, Guang Zhou, China
J Cell Mol Med 15:2634-42. 2011..This quantitative approach not only clarifies the picture but also has implications in biology and medicine...
- A retrospective examination of anemia during infection of humans with Plasmodium vivaxWilliam E Collins
Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 68:410-2. 2003..An equilibrium appeared to be established between weeks 4 and 6. Decreases in Hb concentrations were greatest following the first week of parasitemia. Total restoration to preinfection levels did not occur during persistent parasitemia...
- Red cell distribution width in heart failure: prediction of clinical events and relationship with markers of ineffective erythropoiesis, inflammation, renal function, and nutritional stateZsolt Förhécz
3rd Department of Internal Medicine, and Szentágothai Knowledge Center, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Am Heart J 158:659-66. 2009..Understanding the mechanism underlying this observation is unclear, largely hampered by the lack of epidemiologic studies demonstrating factors that are associated with anisocytosis in cardiovascular diseases...
- A role of phosphatidylserine externalization in clearance of erythrocytes exposed to stress but not in eliminating aging populations of erythrocyte in miceSanjay Khandelwal
School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
Exp Gerontol 43:764-70. 2008....
- Hematological and serum biochemical indices in healthy bonnet macaques (Macaca radiata)Peter J Pierre
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
J Med Primatol 40:287-93. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine reference ranges for hematological and serum biochemical indices in healthy, socially housed bonnet macaques for males and females over a range of ages...
- Competition for red blood cells can enhance Plasmodium vivax parasitemia in mixed-species malaria infectionsPhilip G McQueen
Center for Information Technology and Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5620, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:112-25. 2006..Furthermore, transients in RBC production can induce coupled oscillations in the parasitemia of both species. These results are remarkably robust to changes in model parameters...
- Hematologic and serum biochemical values in aged female bonnet macaques (Macaca radiata) anesthetized with ketamine hydrochlorideRamasamy Venkatesan
Primate Research Center, National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:45-8. 2006..These findings will be useful in designing experiments assessing pathologic and toxicologic changes in blood and serum parameters and interpreting data obtained from aged bonnet monkeys...
- Effects of fasting on hematologic and clinical chemical values in cynomolgus monkeys (Macaca fascicularis)X C Zeng
National Shanghai Center for Drug Safety Evaluation and Research, Shanghai Institute of Pharmaceutical Industry, Shanghai, China
J Med Primatol 40:21-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of fasting on clinical pathology parameters in healthy adult cynomolgus monkeys...
- Aging of red blood cells and impaired erythropoiesis following prolonged administration of dichloromethylene diphosphonate containing liposomes in ratsAnna Lisa Giuliani
Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Section of General Pathology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Haematol 75:406-16. 2005..To investigate whether macrophage-depleted rats may serve as a model for studying red blood cell (RBC) aging...
- Lower red blood cell counts in middle-aged subjects with shorter peripheral blood leukocyte telomere lengthTim De Meyer
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, Ghent, Belgium
Aging Cell 7:700-5. 2008..While negligible in a middle-aged population, the clinical consequences might be important in the elderly (e.g. in anemia of chronic disease). Further studies are required to confirm the impact of our results...
- Erythrocytes and the regulation of human skeletal muscle blood flow and oxygen delivery: role of erythrocyte count and oxygenation state of haemoglobinJose Gonzalez-Alonso
Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH, UK
J Physiol 572:295-305. 2006....
- Comparative study of circadian variation in numbers of peripheral blood cells among mouse strains: unique feature of C3H/HeN miceNaoki Ohkura
Clinical Molecular Biology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Teikyo University, Tsukui, Kanagawa, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1177-80. 2007..The present observations provide basic information about the numbers of peripheral blood cells and their circadian rhythm in mouse models and also demonstrate a unique feature of C3H/HeN mice...
- Modeling time variant distributions of cellular lifespans: increases in circulating reticulocyte lifespans following double phlebotomies in sheepKevin J Freise
College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 35:285-323. 2008....
- Howell-Jolly body counting as a measure of splenic function. A reassessmentG R Corazza
Department of Internal Medicine, University of L Aquila, Italy
Clin Lab Haematol 12:269-75. 1990....
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of epoetin alfa once weekly and three times weeklyW Cheung
The R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 57:411-8. 2001..These results indicate that the epoetin alfa 150 IU/kg t.i.w. and 40,000 IU q.w. regimens can be considered clinically equivalent...
- Quantitative trait loci for baseline erythroid traitsLuanne L Peters
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 17:298-309. 2006..These analyses emphasize the genetic complexity underlying the regulation of erythroid peripheral blood traits in normal populations and suggest that genes not previously recognized as significantly impacting normal erythropoiesis exist...
- Possible mechanism for the anemia induced by candesartan cilexetil (TCV-116), an angiotensin II receptor antagonist, in ratsI Naeshiro
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Takeda Chemical Industries, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 354:179-87. 1998..In the TCV-116 group, the erythrocyte count, hematocrit value and hemoglobin concentration were decreased by 7-8% as compared with the values in the ..
- Genetic association analysis highlights new loci that modulate hematological trait variation in Caucasians and African AmericansKen Sin Lo
Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, QC, H1T 1C8, Canada
Hum Genet 129:307-17. 2011..Our results show similarities but also differences in the genetic regulation of hematological traits in European- and African-derived populations, and highlight the role of natural selection in shaping these differences...
- Anemia due to losartan in hypertensive renal transplant recipients without posttransplant erythrocytosisA Ersoy
Department of Nephrology, Uludag University Medical School, 16059 Gorukle Bursa, Turkey
Transplant Proc 37:2148-50. 2005..Based on the capacity of losartan to decrease Hb and Hct, this drug should be carefully used in patients with preexistent anemia or low Hb levels...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic modeling of recombinant human erythropoietin after intravenous and subcutaneous administration in ratsSukyung Woo
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 565 Hochstetter Hall, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1297-306. 2006..87 and SC(50) = 65.37 mIU/ml) and mean lifespans of major erythropoietic cell populations in rats...
- Arterial blood pressure. Correlation with erythrocyte count, hematocrit, and hemoglobin concentrationB O Göbel
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik Bonn, West Germany
Am J Hypertens 4:14-9. 1991..0001) and this was associated with higher values for erythrocyte count, hemoglobin concentration, and hematocrit in men as compared to women...
- Evidence for linkage of red blood cell size and count: genome-wide scans in the Framingham Heart StudyJing Ping Lin
Office of Biostatistics Research NHLBI NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 7938, USA
Am J Hematol 82:605-10. 2007..9. These findings suggest that further studies are warranted to identify potential causal genetic variants for RBC size and count and related erythrocyte indices...
- Menstruation does not cause anemia: endometrial thickness correlates positively with erythrocyte count and hemoglobin concentration in premenopausal womenKathryn B H Clancy
Reproductive Ecology Laboratory, Department of Anthropology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8277, USA
Am J Hum Biol 18:710-3. 2006..24, P = 0.05; r(2) = 0.25, P = 0.04, respectively). We propose that, contrary to popular understanding, a thicker endometrium suggests greater iron reserves, rather than greater risk for anemia, in healthy women...
- Haematological values in pregnant women in Port Harcourt, NigeriaD V B Dapper
Department of Human Physiology, College of Health Sciences, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Niger J Med 15:237-40. 2006....
- Blood lactoferrin release induced by running exercise in normal volunteers: antibacterial activityHiroyoshi Inoue
Radioisotopes Institute for Basic and Clinical Medicine, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume 830 0011, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 341:165-72. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine serum lactoferrin concentrations and serum antibacterial activity before and after running exercise...
- Comparative studies on the infectivity of Theileria parva in ticks fed in vitro and those fed on cattleJoseph M Musyoki
Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
Exp Appl Acarol 32:51-67. 2004..When the immunised cattle were challenged with a lethal homologous dose of T. parva (Marikebuni), they were found to be immune...
- Influence of dexamethasone on some cellular aspects of the immune system in catsM Hoffmann-Jagielska
Department of Clinical Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural University of Warsaw, Nowoursynowska 159C, 02 786 Warsaw, Poland
Vet Res Commun 27:643-52. 2003..Dexamethasone also caused an increase in the number of B lymphocytes...
- Non-specific immunity-enhancing effects of tryptic casein hydrolysate versus Fermosorb for treatment/prophylaxis of newborn calf colibacillosisGediminas A Biziulevicius
Immunomodulators Research Sector, Institute of Immunology, Vilnius University, 29 Moletu plentas, LT 2021, Vilnius, Lithuania
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 39:155-61. 2003..The immunostimulatory activity of TCH most probably derives from a synergistic action of bioactive peptides encrypted in the preparation itself and the cell wall fragments resulting from microbial autolysis induction...
- Immune response of mice infested by Hyalomma dromedarii ticks infected with entomopathogenic nematodesAbdel Hakim Saad
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 36:867-87. 2006..Proinflammatory Thl T lymphocyte cytokines were suppressed and Th2 cytokines were enhanced for infestation with H. dromedarii. The data indicated a polarization of immune response towards Th2 lymphocytes...
- Clinico-haematological and mineral studies on experimental maduramicin toxicity in chickensTersem Singh
Department of Veterinary Pathology, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, 125 004, Hisar, India
Vet Parasitol 116:345-53. 2003..medication caused significant reduction in haemoglobin in both the medicated group from day 14 and total erythrocyte count and packed cell volume in 10 ppm group on day 21...
- Platelet count is independently associated with insulin resistance in non-obese Japanese type 2 diabetic patientsAtaru Taniguchi
Division of Diabetes, Kansai Denryoku Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Metabolism 52:1246-9. 2003..These results indicate that not only BMI, HbA(1c), and triglycerides levels but also platelet counts are independent predictor of insulin resistance in non-obese Japanese type 2 diabetic patients...
- [Establishing the reference range of venous blood measured by automated haematology analyzer in Chinese adults]Yu Long Cong
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:1201-5. 2003..To establish the reference range of venous blood measured by automated hematology analyzer in China...
- Are published standards for haematological indices in pregnancy applicable across populations: an evaluation in healthy pregnant Jamaican womenTameika R James
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Physiology Section, Faculty of Medical Sciences, UWI, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 8:8. 2008....
- Bioaccumulation and damaging action of polymetal industrial dust on laboratory mice Mus musculus alba .II. Genetic, cell, and metabolic disturbancesM Topashka-Ancheva
Institute of Zoology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bd Tzar Osvoboditel 1, Sofia 1000, Bulgaria
Environ Res 92:152-60. 2003..An increase in hematocrit, accompanied by a loss of body weight after day 60, suggests dehydration resulting from lead and cadmium poisoning...
- Clinical and hematological effects of serial phlebotomy performed on laboratory beaglesTara G Ooms
University of Illinois Chicago, Biologic Resources Laboratory, 1840 W Taylor Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 43:38-42. 2004..We conclude that removing 15% blood volume in laboratory beagles is compatible with maintaining the health and well-being of the dog and can be acceptable in laboratory situations when it is scientifically justified...
- Effects of feeding calves genetically modified corn bt11: a clinico-biochemical studyNobuaki Shimada
Safety Research Team, National Institute of Animal Health, Ibaraki, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 68:1113-5. 2006..The results suggest that the transgenic Bt11 has no negative clinico-biochemical effects on calves...
- Effects of prolonged oral administration of aflatoxin B1 and fumonisin B1 in broiler chickensM Del Bianchi
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05508 900, Brazil
Poult Sci 84:1835-40. 2005..Results indicated that FB1 and AFB1, singly or in combination at the levels evaluated, do not change markedly the hematological and serological parameters of broiler chickens, but may cause relevant lesions in liver and in kidneys...
- Hematological and biochemical changes in water buffalo calves (Bubalus bubalis) infected with Trypanosoma evansiM Hilali
Parasitology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza 12211, Egypt
Vet Parasitol 139:237-43. 2006..Kidney function tests revealed significant decrease of both creatinine and urea...
- [Effects of 1800 MHz GSM-like exposure on the gonadal function and hematological parameters of male mice]Zsolt Forgacs
Országos Kémiai Biztonsági Intézet, Fodor József Országos Közegészségügyi Központ, Budapest 1450, Hungary
Magy Onkol 49:149-51. 2005..Further investigations are required to establish the biological significance of these phenomena...
- Effects of sodium selenite on some biochemical and hematological parameters of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss Walbaum, 1792) exposed to Pb2+ and Cu2+Burhan Ates
Department of Chemistry, Inonu University, Malatya, 44280, Turkey
Fish Physiol Biochem 34:53-9. 2008....
- Influence of diets supplemented with vitamins C and E on pirarucu (Arapaima gigas) blood parametersJaqueline Inês Alves de Andrade
Aquaculture Department, INPA Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia, Av Andre Araujo, 2936, P O Box 478, Manaus, AM, 69060 001, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 146:576-80. 2007..Our results suggest that 800 and 1200 mg AA kg-1 are probably the most suitable concentrations for pirarucu diets, although high vitamin E diets are not necessary for quantitative leucocyte increases for this species...
- The effect of repeated acute mental stress on habituation and recovery responses in hemoconcentration and blood cells in healthy menKatharina Mischler
Institute for Behavioral Sciences, Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Life Sci 77:1166-79. 2005..Plasma volume shift accompanying stress affects the time course of stress polycytosis...
- Evaluation of the effects of serial phlebotomy on the transcriptome of major tissues and on the response to toxicants in ratsEric A G Blomme
Department of Cellular, Molecular and Exploratory Toxicology, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL, USA
Toxicol Lett 176:138-48. 2008....
- The evaluation of coagulation profiles in calves with suspected septic shockK Irmak
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Selcuk, Konya, Turkey
Vet Res Commun 30:497-503. 2006..The results of this study indicate that DIC might be a significant risk factor for mortality in calves with suspected septic shock...
- Exertional Rhabdomyolysis during a 246-km continuous running raceKaterina P Skenderi
Laboratory of Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University, Athens, Greece
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:1054-7. 2006..To evaluate the effect of continuous, moderate-intensity ultra-endurance running exercise on skeletal muscle and hepatic damage, as indicated by serum enzyme activity measured immediately following the race...
- Erythropoietic response and hematological parameters in the catfish Clarias albopunctatus exposed to sublethal concentrations of actellicB O Mgbenka
Fisheries and Hydrobiology Research Unit, Department of Zoology, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 62:436-40. 2005..3, 0. 5, 0.8, and 1.0microg/L) of actellic for 18 days in a static bioassay system. The hemoglobin, erythrocyte count, hematocrit, and leucocyte counts were affected by actellic...
- Prevention of garlic-induced hemolytic anemia using some tropical green leafy vegetablesGaniyu Oboh
Biochemistry Department, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria
J Med Food 7:498-501. 2004..5 fL). This therefore implies that garlic could induce hemolytic anemia in rats. However, such anemia could be prevented by some tropical green leafy vegetables such as A. cruentus, B. alba, and O. gratissimum...
- [Effect of bethametasone on blood cell count and C-reactive protein in patients with threatened preterm delivery]Nikola Niewegłowska
II Katedra i Klinika Połoznictwa i Ginekologii, Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Med Wieku Rozwoj 7:261-70. 2003..Conclusions: Intramuscular administration of 12 mg betamethasone per day caused decrease of the RBC, HGB and HCT account and elevation of the WBC and neutrophil count. All these parameters normalized after about 7 days...
- Evaluation of erythropoiesis in protein energy malnutritionA el-Nawawy
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
East Mediterr Health J 8:281-9. 2002..The anaemia of protein energy malnutrition is due to mixed deficiencies resulting in ineffective erythropoiesis despite an increased level of erythropoietin...
- Effect of zinc supplementation on hematological parameters in athletesMehmet Kilic
School of Physical Education and Sports, Meram School of Medicine, Selcuk University, Konya Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 100:31-8. 2004..005) and after (p<0.05) exercise. These results suggest that zinc supplementation has a positive effect on hematological parameters in athletes...
- The influence of dietary vitamin C and E supplementation on the physiological response of pirarucu, Arapaima gigas, in net cultureGlauber Cruz de Menezes
Department of Aquaculture, INPA Amazonian National Research Institute, Av Andre Araujo, 2936, P O Box 478, Manaus, AM 69069 001, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 145:274-9. 2006..gigas immunological status. Red blood cell indices and immune system indicators showed no synergistic effect between the vitamins after supplementing the A. gigas diet with alpha-T+AA...
- Pharmacological and haematological results of rat skin burn injury treatment with Cu(II)2(3,5-diisopropylsalicylate)4Margarita H Malakyan
Sector of Radiation Medicine and Burns, Center of Traumatology, Orthopedics, Burns and Radiology, Ministry of Health, Republic of Armenia, P O Box 25, Davidashen, Yerevan, Armenia 375108
Inflammopharmacology 12:321-51. 2004....
- Experimental concurrent infection of Afar breed goats with Oestrus ovis (L1) and Haemonchus contortus (L3): interaction between parasite populations, changes in parasitological and basic haematological parametersH T Yacob
Department of Pathology and Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Addis Ababa University, P O Box 34, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Exp Parasitol 120:180-4. 2008..05) in FEC, worm burden, fecundity and female worm length was revealed in group OH animals compared to the mono-infected animals (group H). This was associated with eosinophilia and reduced packed cell volume...
- Hematology and serum biochemistry of Holstein dairy calves: age related changes and comparison with blood composition in adultsM Mohri
Department of Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
Res Vet Sci 83:30-9. 2007....
- Specific activities of poetam preparation (superlow-doses of antibodies to erythropoietin) and recombinant erythropoietinA M Dygai
Institute of Pharmacology, Tomsk Research Center, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
Bull Exp Biol Med 142:320-3. 2006..The effect of Recormon manifested immediately after injection, while the effect of Poetam was somewhat delayed, but more lasting (due to activation of host erythropoietin system)...
- Clinical pathologic alterations associated with subcutaneous administration of recombinant human interleukin-4 to cynomolgus monkeysK A Gossett
Department of Toxicology, Sterling Winthrop Pharmaceuticals Research Division, Rensselaer, New York 12144
Toxicol Pathol 21:46-53. 1993..Based on data obtained after the 14-day recovery period, the clinical pathologic changes associated with rhuIL-4 administration were considered to be reversible...
- In vitro quality of red blood cells (RBCs) collected by multicomponent apheresis compared to manually collected RBCs during 49 days of storageSusanne M Picker
Transfusion Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Transfusion 47:687-96. 2007..This study's aim was to evaluate quality of apheresis-derived RBCs (ARBCs) collected as single units along with platelets (RBC-Ps) or double units (2-RBCs) with four different apheresis systems...
- Emblica officinalis (Linn.) fruit extract provides protection against radiation-induced hematological and biochemical alterations in miceInder Singh
Radiation and Cancer Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 25:643-54. 2006..The results from the present study suggest that E. officinalis pretreatment provides protection against irradiation to Swiss albino mice...
- Effect of petroleum products inhalation on some haematological indices of fuel attendants in Calabar metropolis, NigeriaA M Okoro
Department of Physiology, College of Medical Sciences, University of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
Niger J Physiol Sci 21:71-5. 2006..These results indicate that the petroleum fumes cause a reduction in haematological indices which worsens with prolonged exposure...
- Effect of increased dietary protein and decreased dietary carbohydrate on performance and body composition in racing GreyhoundsR C Hill
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610-0126, USA
Am J Vet Res 62:440-7. 2001..Improved performance attributed to feeding meat to racing Greyhounds apparently is not attributable to increased dietary protein and decreased dietary carbohydrate...
- Short term evaluation of material blood compatibility using a microchannel arrayKimi Kurotobi
Biomaterials Center, National Institute for Materials Science NIMS, 1 1, Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0044, Japan
J Mater Sci Mater Med 18:1175-84. 2007..We concluded that this method could be applied to evaluate initial blood compatibility of materials within several minutes in vitro...
- The effect of Cannabis sativa L. (hemp seed) on hematological parameters in guinea pigsIsaac Karimi
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 7:288-90. 2007..It is recommended that individuals who have anemia or immunity complication should not use hemp seed in their food preparation on regular basis...
- Physiopathological effects of the administration of chronic cyanide to growing goats--a model for ingestion of cyanogenic plantsB Soto-Blanco
Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, , SP, Brazil
Vet Res Commun 25:379-89. 2001..Reabsorption vacuoles in follicular colloid and normocytic normochromic anaemia were observed in the experimental animals. Inhibition of peripheral conversion of T4 to T3 is suggested. However, no diabetogenic effects were observed...
- Gametocytemia in Plasmodium vivax and Plasmodium falciparum infectionsF Ellis McKenzie
Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Parasitol 92:1281-5. 2006..falciparum patients with gametocytemia had similar platelet counts but lower red blood cell counts, hemoglobin levels, hematocrit levels, and higher lymphocyte counts than patients without gametocytemia...
- Hb Ft. Worth: a27Glu changed to Gly(B8). A variant present in unusually low concentrationR G Schneider
Biochim Biophys Acta 243:164-9. 1971
- Effect of high levels of dietary vitamin C on the blood responses of matrinxã (Brycon amazonicus)Elizabeth Gusmão Affonso
Department of Aquaculture, INPA Amazonian National Research Institute, Av Andre Araujo, 2936, P O Box 478, Manaus, AM, 69 060 001, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 147:383-8. 2007..The physiological profile and the growth performance of matrinxã suggest that diet supplemented with 800 mg AA kg(-1) can improve its performance and increase the survival rate...
- [A programmed autologous transfusion. A study of 47 patients]Jalel Gargouri
Centre régional de transfusion sanguine de Sfax
Tunis Med 80:616-21. 2002..1%) and of the rate of platelets (average increase of 29,324 platelets/mm3). On the other hand, a transfusional complement by the concentrated homologous red corpuscles was necessary for 2 patients (2/40)...
- Evaluation of factors that can modify platelet-rich plasma propertiesMiguel Gustavo Setúbal Andrade
Bahia Foundation for Science Development and Postgraduate Program in Immunology, Bahia Federal University, Bahia, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e5-e12. 2008..The aim of this article is to discuss a protocol for obtaining platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and evaluate which factors, derived from its preparation method and from whole blood, modify PRP cytometry and coagulation time...
- Activation of natural killer cell function in recreational athletes with paraplegia during a wheelchair half-marathon raceKazunari Furusawa
Kibikogen Rehabilitation Center for Employment Injuries, Okayama ken, Japan
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:706-11. 2003..To investigate a part of the immune homeostasis in recreational athletes with spinal cord injury (SCI) during and after a wheelchair half-marathon race...
- Hematologic values for tule elk (Cervus elaphus nannodes)Susan E Shideler
Institute of Toxicology and Environmental Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:589-97. 2002..Differences between capture groups were assessed. Greatest differences were detected between yearling bulls and cows in December 1998 which may be a reflection of age and reproductive status...
- [Hematology]E G Beck
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg B 185:250-7. 1987..When comparing the children from the control area Freiburg, a slight increase in the number of erythrocytes and the haemoglobin content was detected with increasing height as an adaptive reaction...
- Comparative assessment of the erythrocyte osmotic fragility and of haematological and plasma biochemical values in the Nigerian white Fulani and N'dama breeds of cattleF O Olayemi
Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Trop Anim Health Prod 34:181-7. 2002....
- Effect of preexisting FeLV infection or FeLV and feline immunodeficiency virus coinfection on pathogenicity of the small variant of Haemobartonella felis in catsJeanne W George
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1172-8. 2002..To investigate the effects of preexisting FeLV infection or FeLV and feline immunodeficiency (FIV) coinfection on the pathogenicity of the small variant of Haemobartonella felis (Hfsm, California variant) in cats...
- Hematologic and serum biochemical changes in Salmonella ser Typhimurium-infected calvesRenato L Santos
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4467, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1145-50. 2002..To evaluate hematologic and serum biochemical changes in Salmonella ser Typhimurium-infected calves...
- Comparative chronic toxicity and carcinogenicity of acrylonitrile by drinking water and oral intubation to Spartan Sprague-Dawley ratsFrederick R Johannsen
Environmental, Safety and Health, Solutia Inc, 575 Maryville Center Drive, St Louis, MO 63141, USA
Toxicol Lett 132:197-219. 2002..Small, sometimes statistically significant, reductions in hemoglobin, hematocrit and erythrocyte count were observed in male and female rats in both high dose (10 mg/kg per day intubation and 100 ppm drinking ..
- Nutritional status of patients hospitalised in PolandJ Dzieniszewski
Department of Dietetic and Nutrition in Hospital with Clinic of Metabolic Diseases and Gastroenterology, National Food and Nutrition Institute, Powslnska 61 63 Warsaw, Poland
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:552-60. 2005..Screening and extended assessment of the nutritional status of patients on admission and on discharge from hospital were carried out...
- With time changes of T-lymphocytes after Babesia infection in mice pretreated with Toxoplasma lysate antigenM Sato
Department of Veterinary Clinical Radiology, Obihiro University, Japan
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 264:435-45. 1987..The rates of decrease in the erythrocyte count, hemoglobin concentration, and hematocrit value 10 days after inoculation, as compared with the counterparts ..
- [Anemia in chronic renal insufficiency--case report]M Popovic
Sluzba za unutrasnje bolesti, Zdravstveni centar Dr Gere Istvan, Senta
Med Pregl 52:279-81. 1999..It is applied subcutaneously and intravenously, whereas the dosage and length of treatment are individual...
- Effects of feeding Fusarium verticillioides (formerly Fusarium moniliforme) culture material containing known levels of fumonisin B1 in Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica)R K Asrani
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Dr CG Negi College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, CSK Himachal Pradesh Agricultural University, Palampur, India
Poult Sci 85:1129-35. 2006..Fumonisin feeding significantly increased hemoglobin, packed cell volume, total erythrocyte count, and total leukocyte count...
- Micrococcus luteus and Pseudomonas species as probiotics for promoting the growth performance and health of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticusAzza M Abd El-Rhman
Fish Disease Department, Central Laboratory for Aquaculture Research CLAR, Abbassa, Abu Hammad, Sharkia, Egypt
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:175-80. 2009..M. luteus enhanced the fish growth and health. It is recommended to use M. luteus as a probiotic in vivo, while Pseudomonas species showed probiotic effects in vitro only...
- Fetal and juvenile animal hemorheologyU Windberger
Core Unit for Biomedical Research, Medical University of Vienna, General Hospital, Austria
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 32:191-7. 2005..10/1.10/1.05; cat: 1.27/1.39 mPa s), which was associated with a low plasma protein concentration and a low erythrocyte count despite a high erythrocyte volume...
- [Lead exposure in highway toll-booth workers]Azra Hursidić-Radulović
Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 54:133-40. 2003..282, P < 0.05), EP inversely correlated with erythrocyte count (r = -0.253, P < 0.05), and ALAD positively correlated with MCHC (r = 0.306, P < 0...
- Fetal tobacco syndrome and perinatal outcomeDubravko Habek
Division of Perinatology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Hospital Osijek, Croatia
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:367-71. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate perinatal outcome in newborns of mothers who are smokers...
- Some aspects of hemostasis in kidney transplant recipients maintained on cyclosporine, azathioprine, and prednisone in comparison to patients treated with cyclosporine and prednisoneJ Malyszko
Department of Nephrology and Transplantology, Medical University, 15 540 Bialystok, Zurawia 14, Poland
Transplant Proc 35:2940-2. 2003..086), the groups did not differ with regard to age, BMI, erythrocyte count, hematocrit, leukocyte count, creatinine clearance, alanine and asparagine aminotransferase activities mean ..
- Chronic toxicity of di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate in ratsR M David
Health and Environment Laboratories, Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, New York 14652 6272, USA
Toxicol Sci 55:433-43. 2000..b>Erythrocyte count, hemoglobin, and hematocrit values for the 12,500-ppm group were significantly lower than controls at nearly ..
- Elevated levels of human beta-defensin 2 and human neutrophil peptides in systemic lupus erythematosusS Vordenbäumen
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetology, and Rheumatology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Lupus 19:1648-53. 2010..In order to explore whether these defensins may have a role in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), we sought to determine whether altered expression can be found in SLE patients...
- Effects of acepromazine on the stress response in Southern chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica) captured by means of drive-netsJorge R Lopez-Olvera
Servei d Ecopatologia de Fauna Salvatge, Facultat de Veterinària Edifici V, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Can J Vet Res 71:41-51. 2007..The lower heart-rate variability, temperature, erythrocyte count, hemoglobin concentration, packed cell volume (PCV), and serum creatine kinase activity in the animals ..
- Microbial levan in the diet of Labeo rohita Hamilton juveniles: effect on non-specific immunity and histopathological changes after challenge with Aeromonas hydrophilaS K Gupta
Department of Fish Nutrition and Biochemistry, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai, India
J Fish Dis 31:649-57. 2008..An increasing trend for total erythrocyte count was observed with increasing level of dietary levan...
- Influence of bromfenvinphos alone, and in mixture with methoxychlor, on levels of gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase, ceruloplasmin and cholesterol in the blood plasma of laboratory miceK I Zaleska-Freljan
Department of Vertebrate Animal Physiology, University of Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 45:309-16. 1993..The hematocrit value, the erythrocyte count and the weights of the liver, spleen, heart, kidney and gonads were also measured after the end of treatment...
- Effects of feeding blends of grains naturally contaminated with Fusarium mycotoxins on production and metabolism in broilersH V L N Swamy
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, ON, Canada
Poult Sci 81:966-75. 2002..The feeding of contaminated grains in the finisher period also caused significant linear increases in blood erythrocyte count and serum uric acid concentration and a significant linear decline in the serum lipase activity...
- Hematological effects in F344 rats and B6C3F1 mice during the 13-week gavage toxicity study of methylene blue trihydrateM R Hejtmancik
Battelle, 505 King Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43201, USA
Toxicol Sci 65:126-34. 2002..bodies and the development of anemia that was characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin, hematocrit, and erythrocyte count. Splenomegaly was apparent in all treated mice and in the 100 mg/kg (males only) and 200 mg/kg rats at ..
- Hematologic changes associated with the appearance of eccentrocytes after intragastric administration of garlic extract to dogsK W Lee
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Am J Vet Res 61:1446-50. 2000..To determine whether dogs given garlic extract developed hemolytic anemia and to establish the hematologic characteristics induced experimentally by intragastric administration of garlic extract...
- Erythropoietic activity of Asteracantha longifolia (Nees.) in ratsRajesh Singh Pawar
VNS Institute of Pharmacy, Vidhya Vihar, Neelbud, Bhopal, MP, India
J Ethnopharmacol 129:280-2. 2010..Family-Acanthaceae) is a wild herb commonly used in traditional ayurvedic medicine as Kokilaaksha and the Unani drug as Talimakhana in India and Srilanka for various medicinal uses as aphrodisiac, tonic, sedative and blood diseases etc...
- Effect of diallyl trisulfide-rich garlic oil on blood coagulation and plasma activity of anticoagulation factors in ratsKung Chi Chan
Department of Food and Nutrition, Providence University, Sha Lu, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 45:502-7. 2007..05), and affected the levels of several hematological parameters such as erythrocyte count, hemoglobin and platelets (P<0.05)...
- The erythrocyte indices of neonates, defined using data from over 12,000 patients in a multihospital health care systemR D Christensen
Intermountain Healthcare, Ogden, UT 84403, USA
J Perinatol 28:24-8. 2008..originally reported using hand-calculated values, based on a centrifuge-spun hematocrit, a counting-chamber erythrocyte count and a hemoglobin concentration measured by any number of hemoglobinometry methods...
- Flow cytometric determination of neutrophil respiratory burst activity in workers exposed to formaldehydeM Lyapina
Department of Hygiene and Medical Ecology, Medical University, 15 Dimitar Nestorov St, 1431, Sofia, Bulgaria, E mail
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 77:335-40. 2004..The aim of the study was to investigate neutrophil respiratory burst activity (NRBA) in workers who were occupationally exposed to formaldehyde...
- [Effects of nCPAP therapy on the blood picture in patients with obstructive sleep apnea]B Sanner
Pneumologie 49:413-7. 1995..001), the erythrocyte count from 5.02 +/- 0.42/pl to 4.79 +/- 0.51/pl (p < 0.001), and hematocrit from 45.4 +/- 3.1% to 43.1 +/- 4...
- GENETIC DETERMINANTS OF CHOLESTEROL GALLSTONES IN MICEBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Identifying the full range of QTLs that lead to gallstone disease in the mouse will position the field of cholesterol gallstone research to take advantage of the large genomic sequencing efforts currently underway. ..
- Xenobiotics, Lipid Peroxidation and AutoimmunityM Firoze Khan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SPLENIC TOXICITY OF ANILINEM Firoze Khan; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will elucidate the mechanisms of aniline-induced splenic toxicity, and will be important in devising strategies to prevent toxicity, and in risk assessment of aniline and other structurally-related aromatic amines. ..
- Vanadocenes as a New Class of Spermicidal DrugsOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mammalian Lactoferrin Receptors: Structure and FunctionBo Lonnerdal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Overall, our understanding of the physiological significance of Lf and its receptor will be increased. ..
- Pain Mechanisms and the Development of AnalgesicsTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2006..g. COX2 inhibitors, GABApentin, ziconotide) and failures (NK1 antagonist). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IN VIVO DYNAMIC OF BETA-CAROTENE METABOLISM IN HUMANSAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Advanced Techniques for Assessing Osteoarthritis in RatsMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Examining the Combination of OCT with the Microawl Therapeutic Technique in a Surgical Rat Model of OA. 4. Examining the Combination of OCT with a Pharmaceutical Intervention in Surgical Rat Model of OA. ..
- Phase II SBIR: WHI-07: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the Treatment of DepressionDavid Mischoulon; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is hoped that this project will provide the critical fund of basic knowledge and practical experience necessary to aid the candidate in becoming an independent investigator. ..
- NEUROBIOLOGY OF PAINTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005..The complexity of the problems and the diversity of the training approaches emphasize that the training received by these fellows will provide a broad base of knowledge relevant to wide areas of neurobiology. ..
- Spinal Galanin and its Receptors in Pain ProcessingTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe the outcome of these studies will provide direct evidence for the role played by this spinal peptidergic system in pain and point to the development of novel anti-hyperpathic agents. ..
- Optical Coherence Tomography for Microsurgical GuidanceMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Use structural, polarization, and spectroscopic data to identify sensor vs motor nerves, and 7. guide epineural nerve repair with OCT guidance. ..
- Biobehavioral-Cytokine Interactions in Ovarian CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings will have implications for innovative behavioral and pharmacological intervention strategies for ovarian cancer patients. ..
- ALCOHOL, HIV, AND THE BRAINAdolf Pfefferbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 3: To establish cross-sectional and longitudinal within-subject relationships among nueroimaging, neuropsychological, and clinical measures. ..
- Quantitation of Tocopherol Metabolism in HumansANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Particular attention will be directed to the absorption phase. The results are expected to provide information about vitamin E biopotency and eventually improved Dietary Recommendations. ..
- NORMAL AGING OF BRAIN STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONEDITH VIONI SULLIVAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Initiate longitudinal 4-year follow-up data collection to test hypotheses regarding selective accelerated deterioration of frontally-based brain systems in normal aging. ..
- Lung Perfusion Heterogeneity and Mechanisms of EdemaSusan R Hopkins; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Treatment of Major DepressionDavid Mischoulon; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. integrates biological findings with treatment in order to have a direct impact on the clinical practice of psychiatry. ..
- Identification and Treatment Of Unstable Plaque with OCTMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will in parallel attempt to further improve the rabbit hemorrhagic plaque model by inducing angiogenesis, the factor which may ultimately be the trigger of many plaque ruptures. ..
- CEREBELLAR STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN ALCOHOLISMEdith Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanism & Efficacy of Assessing Osteoarthritis by OCTMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. In patients undergoing microfracture during arthroscopy for the treatment of localized OA, OCT imaging will be performed of adjacent articular cartilage. ..
- Rapid Screen for Genotoxicants, Chemoprotectors, and RadioprotectorsStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, this assay can be used to investigate agents designed to ameliorate the effects of radiation exposure, e.g. biological response modifiers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Attentional Dysfunction in Children with PhenylketonuriaGeorgianne Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- High Throughput Radiation BiodosimetryStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to develop such a radiation biodosimetry assay based on the extremely high analysis rates that are possible with flow cytometry instrumentation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optical Coherence Tomography for Pulmonary CirculationMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of an OCT Imaging Catheter, Aim 2. Assessing the Pulmonary Veins Ablation in an Animal Model, Aim 3. Vascular Assessments In Vitro, Aim 4. OCT Elastography and Aim 5. OCT Imaging will be performed in an Animal Model of PTN. ..
- PAIN EVOKED RELEASE OF AMINO ACIDS AND PROSTANOIDSTony Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- NOVEL CONTRACEPTIVES WITH ANTI-HIV ACTIVITYOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2001..The preclinical data on in vivo efficacies of WHI-05 and WHI-07 will be essential to further explore the utility of these novel drugs for clinical studies in human patients. ..
- FLP-102: Rationally Engineered Antiviral ProteinOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The preclinical data on FLP-102 will be essential to further explore the utility of this novel recombinant PAP mutant for Phase II. ..
- IMPROVING THE DIAGNOSTIC POTENTIAL OF OCT FOR VULNERABLEMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- FACSVantage SE Sorting Flow CytometerJane Barker; Fiscal Year: 2002..Funds are requested to purchase the FACSVantage SE and the optional equipment for TJL's Flow Cytometry Service. This will provide a cost-effective way to fill an urgent need of TJL's principal investigators. ..
- Healing Touch and Immunity in Advanced Cervical CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- INDICES OF BIOTIN NUTRITIONDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Whether biotin deficiency of similar severity to that observed either early or late in human gestation causes increased rates of fetal malformation in the mouse. 5) The enzyme(s) responsible for biotin beta-oxidation. ..
- TUMOR NECROSIS FACTOR INVOLVEMENT IN FUMONISIN TOXICITYRAGHUBIR SHARMA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Results will help in defining the mechanism(s) of fumonisin toxicity, causes of species-specificity, and provide a better appraisal of risk in humans, including modification of fumonisin response by gram-negative infections. ..
- Measuring Cytogenetic Damage in Human BloodStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PHI-443: Novel Non-Spermicidal Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of PHI-443 in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- ALCOHOL, HIV, AND THE BRAINAdolf Pfefferbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 3: To establish cross-sectional and longitudinal within-subject relationships among nueroimaging, neuropsychological, and clinical measures. ..
- GENETICS OF HEART AND KIDNEY DAMAGE IN HYPERTENSIONChristian Deschepper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- In vivo mutation assay based on pig-a locusStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- REFERENCE LABORATORY TO EVALUATE THERAPIES FOR SCDToshio Asakura; Fiscal Year: 2004..This enhances the likelihood of finding potentially clinically useful compounds. ..
- Healing Touch, Immunity, and Fatigue in Breast CancerSusan Lutgendorf; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Stampidine: A Novel Broad-Spectrum Anti-HIV MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..Specific Aims 1 and 2 may provide the foundation for the clinical development of STAMP in Phase II studies as a safe, effective broad-spectrum anti-HIV microbicide without conception-inhibiting functions. ..
- GENETIC ENGINEERING OF CELLS FROM ANEMIC ANIMALSJane Barker; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Quantitation of In Vivo Human Lutein MetabolismANDREW JOSEPH CLIFFORD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, the purpose of this study is to determine how the human body uses lutein and other related compounds. ..
- Characterization of Toxicity with Spinal OpiatesTony L Yaksh; Fiscal Year: 2010..The present studies aim to define the mechanisms of granuloma formation and point to specific methods to prevent granuloma formation, which will increase the utility and reduce the risks of this important pain therapy. ..
- METVAN: A Novel Anticancer AgentOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..The knowledge gained from these studies described under Specific Aims 1-2 is expected to facilitate the design of innovative treatment regimens employing METVAN for metastatic breast cancer and brain tumor patients. ..
- Automation of the vitro Micronucleus AssayStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- PHI 346: A Novel Dual-Function MicrobicideOSMOND D CRUZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..Following successful completion of the Phase I in vivo efficacy studies, gel formulation of PHI-346 will be further explored as a vaginal dual-function microbicide in Phase II. ..
- Mouse Models for Heart, Lung and Blood DiseaseLUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2007..New mouse models will be cryo-preserved in order to maintain their availability. Provision are likewise to maintain all JAX PGA resources beyond the PGA program. ..
- Versatile Mutation Assay PlatformStephen Dertinger; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CO POISONING IN THE CONTEXT OF A REPERFUSION INJURYStephen Thom; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research plan is aimed to test the hypothesis that immune responses and the associated oxidative stress cause neurological injuries. ..
- DYNAMIC AND KINETIC BEHAVIOR OF FOLATE METABOLISMAndrew Clifford; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will determine the in vivo kinetic behavior of a tracer dose of folate in blood, urine, and stool. We will then compare the behavior of folate metabolism (functional endpoint) among the various genotypes. ..
- ORGANELLE MEMBRANES IN PLATELET STORAGE POOL DISEASELUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lung fibrosis typically leads to death in the 4th to 5th decades. This study is designed to identify the underlying genetic causes of HPS, which will provide avenues of research for potential therapies. ..
- CLONING AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ATH8Beverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, the most compelling candidate gene will be tested by transgenic rescue of the phenotype or construction of a knockout with a resulting change in atherosclerosis phenotype. ..
- From QTL to Gene for HDL CholesterolBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETIC INTERACTIONS IN RED CELL MEMBRANE DISEASELUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Identifying Genes Regulating HDL Cholesterol LevelsBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2007..The genes will be proved with the techniques of gene targeting and transgenics. Human homologue genes will be identified by comparative genomics. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adducin and the Membrane SkeletonLUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Follow up studies will include electrocardiology and echocardiology. ..
- GENE EXPRESSION ARRAYS FOR HEART, LUNG AND BLOOD RESEARCBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Hemolytic Anemia: ModelsLUANNE PETERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..5 isoform in the structure and assembly of the sarcoplasmic reticulum by an in vivo developmental study. ..
- Mouse Allergen-Specific IgG as a Biomarker of ExposureBeverly Paigen; Fiscal Year: 2006....