Genomes and Genes
blood protein electrophoresis
Summary: Electrophoresis applied to blood proteins.
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Rapid capillary electrophoretic analysis of human serum proteins: qualitative comparison with high-throughput agarose gel electrophoresisR Clark
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic/Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Chromatogr A 744:205-13. 1996....
- Abnormal protein patterns in blood serum and cerebrospinal fluid detected by capillary electrophoresisMariella Ivanova
Department of Neurology, Biochemistry Laboratory, Medical University, 1 Georgy Sofijski Str, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
J Biochem Biophys Methods 53:141-50. 2002..Furthermore, capillary electrophoresis exhibits shorter analysis time and high resolution with low baseline noise. The results were proven to be powerful in diagnosis and monitoring of dyscrasias in routine laboratory practice...
- A modified protein precipitation procedure for efficient removal of albumin from serumYi Yun Chen
Core Facilities for Proteomic Research, Taipei, Taiwan
Electrophoresis 26:2117-27. 2005..Albumin isolated by the modified method is in the native state. Our method may offer a rapid method for purifying serum albumin in large scale...
- Comparative evaluation of serum protein analysis by capillary zone electrophoresis and agarose gel electrophoresisFrancisco J Fernandez
Protein Laboratory, Division of Clinical Biochemistry, University Clinic of Navarra, Avda Pio XII 36, E 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Am Clin Lab 21:26-9. 2002
- Interferences in clinical capillary zone electrophoresis of serum proteinsXavier Bossuyt
Laboratory Medicine Immunology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Electrophoresis 25:1485-7. 2004..This minireview gives a survey of interfering substances, including iodinated contrast agents and antibiotics...
- Quantitation of serum monoclonal proteins: relationship between agarose gel electrophoresis and immunonephelometryDavid L Murray
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 55:1523-9. 2009..Previous comparisons of monoclonal protein quantification identified a bias between serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP) and immunonephelometry (NEPH)...
- An approach to remove albumin for the proteomic analysis of low abundance biomarkers in human serumNuzhat Ahmed
Gynaecological Cancer Research Centre, Royal Women s Hospital and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Proteomics 3:1980-7. 2003..In conclusion, treatment of serum samples with Affi-Gel Blue or Aurum kit before 2-DE analysis can be used to remove high abundance proteins in order to increase the detection sensitivity of proteins present in low abundance...
- Capillary electrophoresis for monitoring the effects of plasmapheresis: a feasibility studyAnders Larsson
Department of Medical Sciences, Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Transfus Apher Sci 33:19-23. 2005..The mean reduction in M-component size was 51%, range 33-61%. Capillary electrophoresis is a rapid and inexpensive method that could be used to monitor the effect of plasmapheresis during the actual treatment...
- [A case of IgA2-lambda type M-protein that IgA concentration differs from the values of M-protein by serum protein electrophoresis]M Fukushima
Central Clinical Laboratory, Shinshu University Hospital, Matsumoto 390-8621
Rinsho Byori 49:690-4. 2001....
- Linearity and detection limit in the measurement of serum M-protein with the capillary zone electrophoresis system CapillarysEnrique Bergón
Department of Clinical Pathology, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Madrid, Spain
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:721-3. 2005..All these limitations have to be taken into account when monitoring monoclonal proteins, because the loss of linearity and the protein background may hide an increase in concentration at low levels...
- Reduction and alkylation of proteins in preparation of two-dimensional map analysis: why, when, and how?B Herbert
Proteome Systems, North Ryde, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Electrophoresis 22:2046-57. 2001..This strongly quenches their transfer in the subsequent SDS-PAGE step...
- Serum protein electrophoresis in retired racing GreyhoundsManena Fayos
College of Veterinary Medicine, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Vet Clin Pathol 34:397-400. 2005..Compared with other breeds, Greyhounds have low serum protein concentrations, but the concentrations of different serum protein fractions have not been reported...
- Assessment of serum free light chain assays for plasma cell disorder screening in a Veterans Affairs populationJude M Abadie
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington Medical School, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:157-62. 2006..Using the serum FLC results in conjunction with SPEP results improves the sensitivity and specificity for managing VA patients whose clinical presentation indicates the need to evaluate PCD...
- [A rare cause of diffuse pulmonary hemorrhage in a 45 year-old man]J Schreiber
Abteilung für Pneumologie der Klinik für Innere Medizin, Städtisches Klinikum Dessau, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Martin Luther Universität Halle Wittenberg
Internist (Berl) 47:944-51. 2006..The diffuse pulmonary bleeding stopped after initiation of treatment consisting of vincristine, adriamycine and dexamethasone...
- Serum free light chains: an alternative to the urine Bence Jones proteins screening test for monoclonal gammopathiesPeter G Hill
Department of Chemical Pathology, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby Hospitals National Health Service Foundation Trust, Derby, United Kingdom
Clin Chem 52:1743-8. 2006....
- Serum free light chain specificity and sensitivity: a reality checkJerry A Katzmann
Clin Chem 52:1638-9. 2006
- A rapid, economical, and reproducible method for human serum delipidation and albumin and IgG removal for proteomic analysisQin Fu
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 357:365-71. 2007..The reproducible depletion of lipids, IgG, and HSA permits a higher load of the remaining serum proteins, facilitating the identification of disease biomarkers...
- Microchip-based capillary electrophoresis of human serum proteinsC L Colyer
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Chromatogr A 781:271-6. 1997..Analysis of all five protein zones in a true human serum sample, however, has not yet been achieved on-chip due to the poor sensitivity of the TNS label for several of the serum proteins...
- [Detection of free light chains--a new method of diagnostics of haematological diseases]J Mecl
Nemocnice Na Homolce, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 146:159-62. 2007..To diagnose monoclonal gamopathy, one of the most frequent haematological diseases, we use immunochemical assays, which are based on the detection of paraprotein in serum and/or urine...
- Artificial neural network-based algorithm for the evaluation of serum protein capillary electrophoresisAgostino Ognibene
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:1451-2. 2004
- Time course of acute-phase response induced by Tityus serrulatus venom and TsTX-I in miceAndréa C Pessini
Departamento de Fisica e Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, USP, Av do Cafe, S N, 14040 903 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Int Immunopharmacol 3:765-74. 2003..Time-course analysis of these effects shows that responses are most pronounced on the first day after poisoning. However, leucocytosis and changes in acute-phase protein concentrations can be observed up to 7 days after envenomation...
- Multiple myeloma diagnosed during early pregnancy: a case reportAnnamaria Maglione
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, 71013 Foggia, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 111:214-5. 2003..A cesarean section was performed at the 34th week due to the progression of the disease and a normal healthy baby was delivered...
- Conflicting results between electrophoresis methods of serum M-proteinsBirgitte Wuyts
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Electrophoresis 25:1548-50. 2004..5) or pentamerization of IgM M-proteins. Therefore, other causes for discrepancies should be investigated...
- Quality control and quality assurance aspects of the routine use of capillary electrophoresis for serum and urine proteins in clinical laboratoriesMargaret A Jenkins
Austin Pathology, Austin Health, Heidelberg, 3084 Victoria, Australia
Electrophoresis 25:1555-60. 2004..The same applies for control material for urinary protein electrophoresis...
- [Serum protein immunofixation in malignant hemopathies other than multiple myeloma and Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia]L Ramont
Laboratoire Central de Biochimie, Hopital Robert Debre, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, avenue du Général Koenig, 51092 Reims Cedex, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 60:565-70. 2002....
- Myeloma and macroglobulinemia: what are the criteria for diagnosis?Marvin J Stone
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas 75246, TX, USA
Clin Lymphoma 3:23-5. 2002..Uniform definitions and consensus on diagnostic standards are becoming increasingly necessary if more effective and less toxic therapeutic approaches for patients with myeloma and macroglobulinemia are to be applied in an optimal manner...
- [Study of monoclonal gammopathy in Kagawa Prefectural Central Hospital]Masami Uchida
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Kagawa Prefectural Central Hospital, Takamatsu 760 8557
Rinsho Byori 52:574-9. 2004..In addition, long-term follow-up of patients with monoclonal gammopathy and preparation of a database of patient information are useful for monitoring the outcome...
- [Age-related variability of serum protein antigens in sturgeons (Acipenseridae, Acipenseriformes)]M F Subbotkin
Ontogenez 35:360-6. 2004..The direction of ontogenetic variability of serum antigens in sturgeon fry did not depend on the habitat of adult fish in fresh or sea water...
- [Establishment and evaluation of the method for removing albumin and IgG in serum proteomics]Xue Hua Li
Department of Pathology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:1233-5. 2004..To establish and evaluate the method for removing albumin and IgG in serum proteomics...
- Low IgE monoclonal gammopathy level in serum highlights 20-yr survival in a case of IgE multiple myelomaMichael J Hayes
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Eur J Haematol 78:353-7. 2007..Following chemotherapy, the patient went into clinical remission, eventually dying of complications of emphysema. This case expands the recognized clinical spectrum of IgE multiple myeloma...
- Plasma/serum proteomics: pre-analytical issuesStefano Barelli
Service Régional Vaudois de Transfusion Sanguine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Expert Rev Proteomics 4:363-70. 2007..This review aims to address some issues that can be encountered when handling plasma and serum in experimental and clinical proteomic settings...
- [Abundant protein' depletion in search of biomarkers]Alex J Rai
Department of Clinical Laboratories, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 88, New York, NY 10021, USA
Med Sci (Paris) 23:5-8. 2007..Finally, considerations for the translation of biomarkers, identified in such a manner, to a clinically useful assay, are discussed...
- Performance of the Sebia CAPILLARYS 2 for detection and immunotyping of serum monoclonal paraproteinsZhaohai Yang
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 128:293-9. 2007..In our hands, AGE and CZE had the same specificity for detection of monoclonal proteins; however, CZE/immunosubtraction seems to be less sensitive than IFE for the detection of IgM and, possibly, serum light chains...
- Protein electrophoresis, immunoelectrophoresis and immunofixation electrophoresis as predictors for high-risk phenotype in familial Waldenström macroglobulinemiaMary L McMaster
Genetic Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD MD 20892 7236, USA
Int J Cancer 122:1183-8. 2008..Polyclonal IgM may also be a marker of genetic susceptibility in WM families. Larger studies are needed to confirm these observations...
- Protein profiling of human plasma samples by two-dimensional electrophoresisSang Yun Cho
Department of Biochemistry, College of Sciences, Yonsei Biomedical Proteome Research Center, Seoul, Korea
Methods Mol Biol 428:57-75. 2008..Here, we describe a typical 2DE procedure for plasma proteome under either a healthy or a diseased state (e.g., liver cancer) in which pre-fractionation and depletion are integral steps in the search for disease biomarkers...
- Free-flow electrophoresis system for plasma proteomic applicationsRobert Wildgruber
BD GmbH, Martinsried, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 424:287-300. 2008..From a single FFE fraction 46 different proteins (protein family) have been identified, demonstrating FFE as a high efficient separation tool for human plasma proteome studies...
- Hemoglobin North Chicago (beta 36 [C2] proline----serine): a new high affinity hemoglobinS Rahbar
Hemoglobin 9:559-76. 1985..This residue is involved in the alpha 1 beta 2 contacts of hemoglobin molecule and its substitution to serine is possibly associated with conformational changes and alteration of hemoglobin function...
- Two-dimensional separation of human plasma proteins using iterative free-flow electrophoresisMikkel Nissum
BD Diagnostics, Martinsried, Germany
Proteomics 7:4218-27. 2007..g., L-selectin at 17 ng/mL and vascular endothelial-cadherin precursor at 30 ng/mL) and several tissue leakage products, thus providing a powerful orthogonal separation step in the proteomics workflow...
- Assessment of serum protein electrophoresis for monitoring therapy of naturally acquired equine cyathostomin infectionsJ B Abbott
Division of Companion Animal Sciences, Institute of Comparative Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Vet Parasitol 147:110-7. 2007..SPE was therefore concluded to be an insensitive tool for the monitoring of cyathostomin treatment in horses in a clinical environment...
- Hb D-Neath or beta 121 (GH4) Glu-->Ala: a new member of the Hb D familyS G Welch
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Basic Medical Science, Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, England
Hemoglobin 17:255-9. 1993
- Substitution of sugar cane bagasse in the chicken diet and immune responseR A Hegazy
National Center for Radiation Research and Technology, Department of Food Irridiation, Ahmed RI-Zumer St, P.O.B. 29, ET-113701 Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Nahrung 45:364-7. 2001..g. laying hens to overcome its suppressive effect on the gamma globulins...
- Renal processing of serum proteins in an albumin-deficient environment: an in vivo study of glomerulonephritis in the Nagase analbuminaemic ratTanya M Osicka
Endocrine Unit, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:320-8. 2004....
- The carbonyl content of specific plasma proteins is decreased by dietary copper deficiency in ratsKevin A Cockell
Nutrition Research Division, Bureau of Nutritional Sciences, Food Directorate, Health Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0L2
J Nutr 132:2514-8. 2002..Although dietary Cu deficiency may increase susceptibility to oxidative stress, it does not lead to accumulation of oxidized plasma proteins in this animal model...
- Clinical, physiological and serological observations of a human following a venomous bite by Macrovipera lebetina lebetina (Reptilia: Serpentes)Bayram Göçmen
Ege University Science Faculty, Department of Zoology, Izmir, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:158-62. 2006..On the other hand, the measurements carried out in blood smears and biochemical results indicated the decrease in RBC, MCV, MHV and a decrease in the diameter of red blood cells, as well as an increase in WBC...
- Analysis of protein/polypeptide interactions in human plasma using nondenaturing micro-2-DE followed by 3-D SDS-PAGE and MSTakashi Manabe
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
Electrophoresis 28:2065-79. 2007..The method employed here, aiming to integrate information on the proteins separated on nondenaturing 2-DE gels with that on the interactions between polypeptides, would help the comprehensive understanding of complex protein systems...
- Transient paraproteinemia: an intriguing immunological anomalyStephen L Strobel
Department of Pathology, St Vincent Mercy Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio 46308 2603, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 33:265-70. 2003..Twelve transient paraproteins were identified in a total of 895 serum protein electrophoreses reviewed (1.3% incidence). The relationships of the transient paraproteins to specific diseases were studied...
- A serum protein polymorphism determinant on chromosome 9 of Mus musculusE M Eicher
Mol Gen Genet 177:571-6. 1980..Because the genotype of SEP-1 can be determined for individual mice without killing them, Sep-1 is a very useful gene in linkage studies and experimental biology...
- [Effect of tamoxifen on plasma proteins in diabetes mellitus type 1]Teresa Cristina P Silva
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, UFRN
Acta Cir Bras 20:131-8. 2005....
- Phylogeography of wild musk shrew (Suncus murinus) populations in Asia based on blood protein/enzyme variationMegumi Kurachi
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Furocho, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Biochem Genet 45:543-63. 2007....
- Myelogenous leukemia in a bearded dragon (Acanthodraco vitticeps)M E Tocidlowski
Houston Zoological Gardens, 1513 North MacGregor Street, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 32:90-5. 2001..The abnormal cell population of the peripheral blood did not stain with the lymphoid cytochemical stains: alpha-naphthyl butyrate esterase, CD3, and CD79a...
- Case-control studies of novel hemoglobin anomalies as differential diagnosis in sleep apnea syndromeBerndt Zur
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53127 Bonn, Germany
Sleep Breath 17:557-63. 2013....
- Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis secondary to monoclonal gammopathySanjeev Sethi
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:770-82. 2010..Autoimmune diseases and chronic infections, such as hepatitis C, are commonly recognized causes of MPGN; however, monoclonal gammopathy is a less widely recognized cause of MPGN...
- Significance of oligoclonal bands after stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma casesAi jun Liu
Department of Hematology, Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:1483-6. 2012..To determine the characteristics of oligoclonal bands that are frequently detected by serum protein electrophoresis (SPEP) and immunofixation electrophoresis (IFE) after stem cell transplantation...
- A novel role for ABCA1-generated large pre-beta migrating nascent HDL in the regulation of hepatic VLDL triglyceride secretionSoonkyu Chung
Department of Pathology Section on Lipid Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Lipid Res 51:729-42. 2010....
- [Serum protein electrophoresis: comparison of capillary zone electrophoresis Capillarys (Sebia) and agarose gel electrophoresis Hydrasys (Sebia)]B Lissoir
Laboratoire de Biologie Clinique, Service de Biochimie Medicale, Cliniques Universitaires Saint Luc, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Bruxelles
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 61:557-62. 2003..5%), however with a lower specificity (93.7 versus 98.9%). On the other hand, the Capillarys method displays obvious practical advantages such as full automation, ease of use and rapidity...
- [A "pulseless" woman with proteinuria!]C Garcia
Service de Biochimie, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, Clamart
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 62:441-5. 2004..The association of Takayasu arteritis and renal failure is unusual. This review focuses on the biological manifestations of Takayasu arteritis and on the link between this disease and the renal failure observed in this case...
- Protein intensity changes in the hemoglobin and plasma electrophoretic patterns of Oreochromis niloticus in response to single and combined Zn and Cd exposureOzgur Firat
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Letters, Adiyaman University, 02040 Adiyaman, Turkey
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 24:395-401. 2010..Also, there was increasing level of the metals in the whole blood with increasing concentrations of metals in the exposure medium and with increasing duration of exposure...
- Reference intervals for biochemical analytes in serum and heparinized plasma and serum protein fractions in adult alpacas (Vicugna pacos)Dominic R Dawson
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 40:538-48. 2011..Species-specific reference intervals for laboratory tests are required for diagnosis and management of disease. Few reports of reference intervals for biochemical analytes and protein fractions are available for alpacas...
- Non-specific immunity-enhancing effects of tryptic casein hydrolysate versus Fermosorb for treatment/prophylaxis of newborn calf colibacillosisGediminas A Biziulevicius
Immunomodulators Research Sector, Institute of Immunology, Vilnius University, 29 Moletu plentas, LT 2021, Vilnius, Lithuania
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 39:155-61. 2003..The immunostimulatory activity of TCH most probably derives from a synergistic action of bioactive peptides encrypted in the preparation itself and the cell wall fragments resulting from microbial autolysis induction...
- Subclasses of low-density lipoprotein and very low-density lipoprotein in familial combined hyperlipidemia: relationship to multiple lipoprotein phenotypeA M Georgieva
Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Laboratory of Molecular Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:744-9. 2004..The present study addresses the presence of distinct metabolic phenotypes in familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCHL) in relation to small dense low-density lipoprotein (sd LDL) and very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) subclasses...
- Study of agreement between LDL size as measured by nuclear magnetic resonance and gradient gel electrophoresisD R Witte
EURODIAB, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 45:1069-76. 2004..In particular, the two methods should not be assumed to be interchangeable in women and diabetic subjects. Whether NMR or GGE predicts cardiovascular disease risk better has not yet been evaluated...
- Combined analysis using extended renal reference range of serum free light chain ratio and serum protein electrophoresis improves the diagnostic accuracy of multiple myeloma in renal insufficiencyJeong Woo Park
Department of Nephrology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Clin Biochem 45:740-4. 2012..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of serum free light chain κ/λ ratio (rFLC) using extended renal reference (renal range rFLC) in multiple myeloma (MM) with renal insufficiency...
- Multiple myeloma presenting as recurrent sinopulmonary infectionsJulia Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
South Med J 103:260-1. 2010..The correct diagnosis of multiple myeloma can be easily overlooked, especially in a patient with recurrent infections but no other signs or symptoms typical of myeloma...
- Molecular diagnosis of a case of Hb Phnom Penh [alpha117(GH5)Phe-I1e-alpha118(H1)Thr (alpha1)]Rock Y Y Leung
Pathology Department, United Christian Hospital, Hong Kong
Hemoglobin 30:397-9. 2006..The result confirmed the predicted DNA sequence change involved in the mutation, which was delineated by another group in 1998 using amino acid analysis...
- Haemoglobin Lepore in a Malay family: a case reportJosephine Pasangna
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 27:33-7. 2005..Accurate diagnosis would provide information necessary for prenatal diagnosis, proper clinical management and genetic counseling. The clinical, haematological and laboratory features of this disorder are discussed in this paper...
- [Monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance]Norbert Ifrah
Service des Maladies du Sang, CHU et UFR médecine, UPRES EA 3863, Angers
Rev Prat 56:18-24. 2006..In most MGUS, however, populations of normal and myelomatous plasma cells coexist in a stable ratio. The overall relative risk for progression is 7 times the expected rate, depending from the disease and the type of M component...
- [What is your diagnosis? Bisalbuminemia]]R Binder
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Inselspital, Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:181-2. 2006
- Detection of kappa and lambda light chain monoclonal proteins in human serum: automated immunoassay versus immunofixation electrophoresisTroy D Jaskowski
Associated Regional and University Pathologists Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 500 Chipeta Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:277-80. 2006..9 to 91.4%) than IFE, but specific in detecting serum monoclonal proteins. Moreover, the kappa/lambda ratio has little value in routine screening since the majority of sera with abnormal IFE patterns had normal kappa/lambda FLC ratios...
- IPG with electrodic plateaus (and other unusual procedures for 2-DE)Elisabetta Gianazza
Gruppo di Studio per la Proteomica e la Struttura delle Proteine, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmacologiche, Universita degli Studi, Milano, Italia
Electrophoresis 28:2953-6. 2007..The only requirement to achieve this is to leave the all-ready-made attitude and go back to custom polymerization of the IPGs in one's laboratory...
- Serum biochemistry and electrophoretic patterns in the Eurasian Buzzard (Buteo buteo): reference valuesD Gelli
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, University of Padua, Legnaro, Padua, Italy
J Wildl Dis 45:828-33. 2009..5 g/l, creatinine 0.1 mg/dl. Mean electrophoretic values were prealbumin 1.4 g/l, albumin 14.2 g/l, alpha 1 globulin 5.9 g/l, alpha 2 globulin 4.7 g/l, beta globulin 7.5 g/l, gamma globulin 3.6 g/l, albumin/globulins ratio 0.8 g/l...
- Glomeruloid hemangiomas without POEMS syndrome: series of three casesSeth B Forman
J Cutan Pathol 34:956-7. 2007
- Changes in total lipid profiles assessed by analytical capillary isotachophoresis throughout the acute phase of myocardial infarctionKeisuke Okamura
Int J Cardiol 108:264-6. 2006
- DNA vaccination with the Aleutian mink disease virus NS1 gene confers partial protection against diseaseYurdana Castelruiz
Laboratory of Virology and Immunology, Department of Veterinary Microbiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Stigbøjlen 7, 1870 Frederiksberg C, Copenhagen, Denmark
Vaccine 23:1225-31. 2005..The findings let us to conclude, that the two DNA vaccinated groups of mink did show milder disease characteristics, but that the vaccine effect also in this trial could only be characterized as partial...
- Strategy combining separation of isotope-labeled unfolded proteins and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry analysis enables quantification of a wide range of serum proteinsWei Li Liao
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, National Institute of Standards and Technology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Anal Biochem 377:55-61. 2008..This robust and inexpensive workflow is suitable for the quantitative profiling of protein changes in serum associated with preanalytical variables...
- [Differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus isolates based on phenotypical characters]Jacek Miedzobrodzki
Zakład Mikrobiologii, Wydział Biochemii, Biofizyki i Biotechnologii, Uniwersytet Jagielloński w Krakowie
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 62:322-7. 2008..aureus strains with atypical biochemical characters have evolved recently. Therefore it is essential to introduce additional typing procedures using molecular biology methods without neglecting phenotypic methods...
- Bisalbuminemia in chronic kidney diseaseA Ahsan Ejaz
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Clin Exp Nephrol 8:270-3. 2004..The role of persistent bisalbuminemia in renal disease is uncertain...
- Evaluation of variation in serum globulin concentrations in dairy cattleYounes Chorfi
Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal
Vet Clin Pathol 33:122-7. 2004..Several factors may influence the concentration of serum globulins in healthy cows and thereby affect clinical interpretation; however, few studies have addressed sources of variation in globulin values...
- Detection by immunofixation of M proteins in hypogammaglobulinemic patients with normal serum protein electrophoresis resultsRenuka Lakshminarayanan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, CA, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:746-51. 2007..We recommend reflex IFE testing in patients with hypogammaglobulinemia with a normal SPE pattern if any of the following are present: elevated alpha2- globulin/alpha1-globulin ratio, low hemoglobin level, and elevated creatinine level...
- [Analysis of proteomic components of sera from patients with hepatocellular carcinomas by two-dimensional electrophoresis and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time of flying mass spectrometry]Zheng Wang
Department of Pathology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 32:333-6. 2003..To analyze the proteomic components of the sera from the patients with hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC), in search of the diagnostic markers of HCC...
- Multiwell in-gel protein digestion and microscale sample preparation for protein identification by mass spectrometryMalcolm G Pluskal
Proteome Systems, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Proteomics 2:145-50. 2002..Data will be presented to show the application of this technology package to accelerate the throughput of protein characterization by protease fragmentation...
- Fibrinogen Lima. A new dysfibrinogenaemia with a high-molecular-weight alpha-chain and effective polymerizationC L Arocha-Pinango
Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas, Venezuela
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 1:561-5. 1990..The molecule showed a more anodal migration than the control. The abnormality described has been classified as Fibrinogen Lima...
- Hb Santander [beta34(B16)Val --> Asp (GTC --> GAC)]: a new unstable variant found as a de novo mutation in a Spanish patientAna Villegas
Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Hemoglobin 27:31-5. 2003
- Detection of gammopathy by serum protein electrophoresis for predicting and managing therapy of lymphoproliferative disorder in 911 recipients of liver transplantsA Lemoine
Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, Hopital Paul Brousse, Faculté de Médecine Paris Sud et Assistance Publique de Paris, Villejuif, France
Blood 98:1332-8. 2001..Gammopathy monitoring is an inexpensive, noninvasive, sensitive way to detect LPD and assess the efficacy of treatment. It could be used routinely in follow-up of recipients of transplants...
- Hb J Sicilia: beta 65 (E9) Lys-Asn, a beta homologue of Hb ZambiaG Ricco
FEBS Lett 39:200-4. 1974
- A mutation in the human MPDU1 gene causes congenital disorder of glycosylation type If (CDG-If)C Kranz
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderheilkunde, Munster, Germany
J Clin Invest 108:1613-9. 2001..This work provides a new clinical picture for another CDG that may involve synthesis of multiple types of glycoconjugates...
- Haemoglobin Q India (alpha 64(E13) aspartic acid histidine) associated with beta-thalassemia observed in three Sindhi familiesP K Sukumaran
J Med Genet 9:436-42. 1972
- Significant differences in capillary electrophoretic patterns of follicular fluids and sera from women pre-treated for in vitro fertilizationMelinda Rezeli
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Pecs, Ifjusag utja 6, 7624 Pecs, Hungary
J Biochem Biophys Methods 53:151-6. 2002....
- Characterization and structural impact of five novel PROS1 mutations in eleven protein S-deficient familiesB D Andersen
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
Thromb Haemost 86:1392-9. 2001....
- Hemoglobin Rush (beta 101 (g3) glutamine): a new unstable hemoglobin causing mild hemolytic anemiaJ G Adams
Blood 43:261-9. 1974
- Abnormal haemoglobins in Zambia. A new haemoglobin Zambia alpha-60 (E9) lysine--asparagineG P Barclay
Br Med J 4:595-6. 1969..No evidence for beta-thalassaemia was found, but Haemoglobin H disease and other evidence for alpha-thalassaemia were found...
- Albumin Naskapi variant in North American Indians and Eti TurksS G Franklin
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 77:5480-2. 1980....
- Band 3 Memphis: a widespread polymorphism with abnormal electrophoretic mobility of erythrocyte band 3 protein caused by substitution AAG----GAG (Lys----Glu) in codon 56P Jarolim
Department of Biomedical Research, St Elizabeth s Hospital, Boston, MA 02135
Blood 80:1592-8. 1992....
- THE CHARACTERIZATION OF HEMOGLOBIN SHIMONOSEKIM Hanada
Blood 24:624-35. 1964
- Effect of atorvastatin on total lipid profiles assessed by analytical capillary isotachophoresisBo Zhang
Cardiology 99:211-3. 2003
- Paraproteins and plasma cell dyscrasiasT Karmakar
Department of Pathology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 38:239-43. 1995..Such a high incidence of PCDs with varied picture in a short time is not usually seen in other parts of this country; a fact which may be due to lack of awareness...
- Measurement of beta1- and beta2-globulins improves detection of M-spikes on high-resolution electrophoresisSrinivas Narayan
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Clin Chem 49:676-8. 2003
- Mass spectrometric determination of apolipoprotein molecular stoichiometry in reconstituted high density lipoprotein particlesJohn B Massey
Section of Atherosclerosis and Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Lipid Res 50:1229-36. 2009..The method has the capability to determine the molecular ratio and molecular composition of apolipoprotein molecules in complex reconstituted HDL particles...
- Partial characterization of serum immunoglobulins of Oreochromis mossambicusP B Rajavarthini
Centre for Fish Immunology, Postgraduate and Research Department of Zoology, American College, Madurai 625002
Indian J Exp Biol 38:549-53. 2000..Further analysis of the immunoglobulin by SDS-PAGE showed that the IgM macroglobulin weighs about 900,000 Da, composed of mu-like heavy chain weighing about 90 kDa each and light chains weighing about 30 kDa each...
- [Homozygous sickle cell disease]Z Ouzzif
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 65:117-9. 2007
- Differential diagnosis of Hb EE and Hb E-beta(0)-thalassemia by protein and DNA analysesS C Wong
Department of Laboratory Medicine, National University Hospital, Singapore
Acta Haematol 103:84-9. 2000..In this communication, we present the protein and DNA analyses, including data on the use of the restriction enzyme Mnl I, for the definitive diagnosis of the Hb EE genotype in the propositi of these two Malay families...
- Hb Southampton [beta106(G8)Leu-->Pro, CTG-->CCG] in an Argentinean boySilvia Eandi Eberle
Servicio de Hematología Oncología, Hospital de Pediatria, Prof Dr Juan P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hemoglobin 30:401-3. 2006..We identified this hemoglobinopathy in a young patient with severe hemolytic anemia and hepatosplenomegaly...
- 2007 International Peripheral Nerve Society Meeting at Snowbird, UtahA Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..The meeting directly impacts public health and patient care by disseminating important new ideas (both research and therapeutic) and by developing consensus guidelines. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..