urological diagnostic techniques
Summary: Methods and procedures for the diagnosis of diseases or dysfunction of the urinary tract or its organs or demonstration of its physiological processes.
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- Morbidity of urodynamic testing in patients with spinal cord injury: is antibiotic prophylaxis necessary?J Pannek
Division of Neuro Urology, Department of Urology and Neuro Urology, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Marienhospital Herne, Germany
Spinal Cord 45:771-4. 2007..Prospective, non-randomized study...
- Good urodynamic practices: uroflowmetry, filling cystometry, and pressure-flow studiesWerner Schäfer
International Continence Society Office, Southme Hospital, Bristol, BSIO 5NB, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 21:261-74. 2002..This does not imply that this technique is the only one possible. Rather, it means that this technique is well-established, and gives good results when used with the suggested standards of good urodynamic practice...
- [Mini invasive urodynamic investigations and mathematical models of micturition]G Amarenco
Service de rééducation neurologique et d explorations périnéales, Hopital Rothschild, APHP, Inserm U731 UPMC, 33, boulevard de Picpus, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Ann Readapt Med Phys 49:197-8. 2006
- [Contribution of VLPP (Valsalva leak point pressure) in the urodynamic assessment]C Ciofu
Service d Urologie, Hopital Tenon, 4 rue de la Chine, Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 32:160-3. 2004..Conversely, the diagnosis of urethral sphincter insufficiency should rely on the tripod: clinical examination (low urethral mobility), low closure pressure and low VLPP...
- Urine flow curve shapes in adults with earlier vesicoureteral refluxHanna Mari Roihuvuo-Leskinen
Pediatric Research Centre, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Eur Urol 54:188-94. 2008..Forty-four patients had been operated on. The study included an interview by means of a symptom questionnaire, a urine flow measurement, a residual urine measurement, and a urine sample...
- Editorial comment on: urine flow curve shapes in adults with earlier vesicoureteral refluxPaolo Caione
Eur Urol 54:195. 2008
- Prophylactic antibiotics in urodynamics: a systematic review of effectiveness and safetyPallavi M Latthe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Health Care NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Neurourol Urodyn 27:167-73. 2008..To assess the effectiveness and safety of administering prophylactic antibiotics in reducing the risk of urinary tract infection (UTI) after urodynamic studies (UDS)...
- Validity of cuff-uroflow as a diagnostic technique for bladder outlet obstruction in malesJesus Salinas
Department of Urology, San Carlos Hospital, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Scand J Urol Nephrol 37:316-21. 2003..To investigate the validity of the cuff-uroflow method as a diagnostic technique for bladder outlet obstruction (BOO) in males...
- The reproducibility of urodynamic findings in healthy female volunteers: results of repeated studies in the same setting and after short-term follow-upAmit Gupta
Department of Urology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9110, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 23:311-6. 2004..To assess the immediate (same testing period) and short-term (within 6 months) repeatability of urodynamic (UD) testing in asymptomatic healthy female volunteers...
- [Use in daily urological practice of an ultrasound device for measuring bladder volume]Morgan Roupret
Service d Urologie et de Transplantation Renale et Pancreatique, Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpétrière Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI 83, boulevard de l Hôpital 75013 Paris, France
Presse Med 32:776-80. 2003..The Bladder-Scan is a portable, noninvasive ultrasound device for bladder volume estimation. This study was designed to assess the value of the Bladder-Scan to measure PVR in routine hospital urological practice...
- Urodynamic study and potassium sensitivity test for women with frequency-urgency syndrome and interstitial cystitisHann Chorng Kuo
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien, Taiwan, ROC
Urol Int 71:61-5. 2003..It is unclear whether urodynamic studies can predict a positive KCl test. This study compared the urodynamic results for women with different KCl responses who suffered from frequency-urgency syndrome and IC...
- Validation and comparison of the use of diuresis cystometry and retrograde filling cystometry at various infusion rates in female Beagle dogsAnnick J Hamaide
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Bld de Colonster, 20 B44, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 64:574-9. 2003....
- Practice pattern of urologists in the Rocky Mountains region with regard to use of urodynamic studiesFirouz Daneshgari
Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 61:942-5. 2003..Much controversy exists with regard to the need and indications for UDS in the clinical evaluation of urinary incontinence (UI) and voiding dysfunction (VD)...
- Effect of anatomic urethral length on the correlation between the Q-tip test and descent at point Aa of the POP-Q systemJ Robert Larrieux
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boston University, Room 6623, 85 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:273-6. 2008..01, p = 0.8). Urethral length does not affect the straining Q-tip angle. Point Aa is a strong predictor of an abnormal straining Q-tip angle in women with stage I anterior vaginal wall prolapse or greater...
- Evaluation of minimally invasive analysis system for cough leak point pressure measurementE Kocjancic
Clinica Urologica, Universita del Piemonte Orientale, Ospedale Maggiore della Carita, Novara, Italy
J Urol 172:994-7. 2004..A new, computerized LPP measuring technique for routine use in daily urodynamic practice was tested at a female unit urodynamic practice to evaluate female urinary incontinence...
- Assessment of urodynamic bladder behavior on filling with solutions representing physiological extremes of urinary osmolarityJose C Truzzi
Department of Urology, Paulista School of Medicine, Federal University of Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 31:569-78. 2005..Verify if there is any difference in sensitive and motor bladder response in the presence of solutions with different osmolarities, simulating physiological extremes of urinary osmolarity...
- Differences in urodynamic study, perineal sonography and treatment outcome according to urethrovesical junction hypermobility in stress urinary incontinenceSang Wook Bai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Women s Life Science, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 32:206-11. 2006..Treatment outcomes following a retropubic urethropexy were also compared...
- Interrater reliability of filling cystometrogram interpretation in a multicenter studyP Zimmern
Department of Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Urol 175:2174-7. 2006..We report interrater reliability findings for the filling cystometrogram...
- Variation in invasive and noninvasive measurements of isovolumetric bladder pressure and categorization of obstruction according to bladder volumeC K Harding
Department of Urology and Regional Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Urol 176:172-6. 2006..We noted variation in serial measurements obtained during a single void and, therefore, we determined whether this represents variation in detrusor contraction strength, as predicted in previous studies, or measurement error...
- Correlation between symptoms and urodynamic findings in Thai female patients with urinary incontinenceUbolrat Roongruangsilp
Department of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital and Medical School, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 88:364-70. 2005..To determine the accuracy of a urinary incontinence questionnaire in the diagnosis of various types of urinary incontinence classified according to the results of multichannel urodynamic testing...
- Re: Griffiths C, Drinnan M, Harding C, et al. 2005. Comparison of invasive and non-invasive bladder pressure measurements by calculation of the bladder outlet obstruction index. Neurourol Urodynam 24:529-531Shyh Jen Wang
Neurourol Urodyn 26:454; author reply 455. 2007
- Reference urodynamic values for stress incontinent womenC W Nager
UCSD Women s Pelvic Medicine Center, La Jolla, California
Neurourol Urodyn 26:333-40. 2007..To determine reference urodynamic values for preoperative urodynamic studies in women undergoing surgery for pure or predominant stress urinary incontinence (SUI)...
- Nuclear cystometrogram-determined bladder pressure at onset of vesicoureteral reflux predicts spontaneous resolutionKyle J Van Arendonk
Division of Pediatric Urology, Department of Urology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1089, USA
Urology 69:767-70. 2007..The predictive value of the bladder pressure at the onset of vesicoureteral reflux, as measured by nuclear cystometrography, was assessed relative to subsequent reflux resolution...
- Anatomy and physiology of urinary elimination. Part 1Glynis Collis Pellatt
Faculty of Health and Social Science, University of Bedfordshire
Br J Nurs 16:406-10. 2007..The importance of prevention of cross infection for nurses and patients is highlighted throughout the article...
- Significance of pad test loss for the evaluation of women with urinary incontinenceJae Seung Paick
Department of Urology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neurourol Urodyn 24:39-43. 2005....
- [Usefulness of abdominal leak point pressure determination in the diagnosis of female urinary incontinence in the TVT era]J L Gutierrez Banos
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Valdecilla, Santander, Cantabria
Actas Urol Esp 28:506-12. 2004..To analyse our results about continence in the treatment of female urinary incontinence with the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure based on abdominal leak point pressure(ALPP)...
- [Techniques and current practice of urodynamics. Problems and traps]J Romero Maroto
Servicio de Urologia, Unidad de Urodinámica, Hospital Universitario de San Juan, San Juan, Alicante
Actas Urol Esp 27:75-91. 2003....
- Non-invasive evaluation of voiding function in asymptomatic primary school childrenHasan Serkan Dogan
Department of Urology, Uludag University Faculty of Medicine, Gorukle, Bursa, Turkey
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1115-22. 2008..The symptom scoring system, with the high sensitivity and specificity rates it possesses, is one of the promising tools for this purpose...
- Which stop test is best? Measuring detrusor contractility in older femalesThai Lian Tan
Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 169:1023-7. 2003..We compared the performance of 3 methods of measuring detrusor contraction strength to identify the best one...
- Comparative study of pressure-flow parametersLars M Eri
Department of Urology, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Neurourol Urodyn 21:186-93. 2002..In assessment of a large decrease in urethral resistance, such as after TURp, resistance parameters that are based on maximum flow rate as well as detrusor pressure are preferable...
- Modulation of viscero-somatic H-reflex during bladder filling: a possible tool in the differential diagnosis of neurogenic voiding dysfunctionsA Carbone
Department of Urology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, Viale del Policlinico, Rome, Italy
Eur Urol 42:281-8. 2002....
- Primer: questionnaires versus urodynamics in the evaluation of lower urinary tract dysfunction-one, both or none?Christopher R Chapple
Department of Urology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Nat Clin Pract Urol 2:555-64. 2005....
- Sex difference in urethral response to electrical stimulation of efferent nerves in the pudendal sensory branch of ratsHitoshi Kontani
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University, Kanagawa machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Int J Urol 9:586-95; discussion 596. 2002..The purpose of the present study was to report on sex difference in the UP response to ES of the pudendal nerves (PN) in rats before and after injection of d-tubocurarine (d-tc)...
- A noninvasive test for vesico-ureteric reflux in childrenR A Mevorach
University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
BJU Int 87:467-72. 2001..Further refinements may allow this technology to be used in all children with suspected VUR...
- Urodynamics in the management of female stress incontinence--which test and when?Anand K Patel
Department of Urology Research, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
Curr Opin Urol 18:359-64. 2008....
- Robert H. Whitaker and the Whitaker test: a pressure-flow study of the upper urinary tractMarie Blanche Tchetgen
Section of Urology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2916, USA
Urology 61:253-6. 2003
- A comparison of maximum cystometric bladder capacity with maximum environmental voided volumesE Yoon
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 9:78-82. 1998..The diagnosis of a small bladder should not be based on office cystometry alone...
- Bladder filling by autologous urine production during cystometry: a urodynamic pitfall!John P F A Heesakkers
Department of Urology, UMC St Radboud Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 22:243-5. 2003..We studied the influence of autologous urine production during filling cystometry on total bladder volume...
- Intrinsic urethral sphincteric deficiency: critical analysis of various diagnostic modalitiesLance H Betson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harbor, UCLA Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90509 2910, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 15:411-7. 2003..This paper will review the literature on the positive aspects and limitations of commonly employed procedures to diagnose intrinsic urethral sphincteric deficiency...
- Female urologic diagnostic techniquesJ F Redman
Department of Urology, University of Arkansas College of Medicine, Little Rock
Urol Clin North Am 17:5-8. 1990..The author describes modifications of a Foley catheter both to facilitate distention of the vagina for vaginoscopy and for urethrography and use of the visual urethrotome for urethroscopy...
- Paediatrician's responses to an evidence summary about renal tract imaging tests in children after urinary tract infectionGabrielle J Williams
Centre for Kidney Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Arch Dis Child 95:271-5. 2010..Renal tract imaging after urinary tract infection (UTI) has been widely recommended but clinical practice varies substantially among paediatricians...
- Glomerular plasmin-like activity in relation to nephritis-associated plasmin receptor in acute poststreptococcal glomerulonephritisTakashi Oda
Department of Public Health, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa shi, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:247-54. 2005..This result supports the nephritogenic character of NAPlr and offers insight into the mechanism whereby this antigen induces nephritis...
- Laparoscopic ultrasonographyS F Matin
Department of Urology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Endourol 15:87-92. 2001..It appears that as laparoscopic urologic procedures continue to expand, so will the application of this promising operative imaging modality...
- Interobserver agreement for noninvasive bladder pressure flow recording with penile cuffFrank McArdle
Department of Medical Physics, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Urol 182:2397-403. 2009..We assessed variability in interpreting noninvasive measurements of bladder pressure and urine flow between experienced and novice users of the penile cuff...
- Re: Noninvasive methods of diagnosing bladder outlet obstruction in men. Part 2: Noninvasive urodynamics and combination of measuresR van Mastrigt
J Urol 177:797; author reply 797-8. 2007
- How physicians diagnose urinary tract infections: the potential influence of laboratory regulations on test availability and useS D Flach
University of Iowa College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Fam Pract 50:613. 2001..We examined the potential effects of regulations on test availability and whether the use of tests in diagnosing uncomplicated urinary tract infections is related to availability...
- Valsalva leak point pressure: steps toward standardizationF Daneshgari
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East 9th Avenue, Box C 319, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Urol Rep 2:388-91. 2001..Such standardization likely will allow for further validation of VLPP and its use in distinguishing the right treatment options for the correction of stress urinary incontinence...
- [Urodynamic study in the female urinary incontinence evaluation, with the new MoniTorr MR system (non-multichannel urodynamic with urethral retro-resistance pressure measure). Experience with 100 patients]Solà V Dalenz
Unidad de Uroginecología y Cirugía Vaginal, Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Actas Urol Esp 32:325-31. 2008..To compare the clinical diagnosis of the urinary incontinence with the results of LPP and URP obtained by non-multichannel urodynamic. To evaluate the tolerance of the patients to this examination...
- A randomized controlled trial comparing internet and video to facilitate patient education for men considering the prostate specific antigen testDominick L Frosch
SDSU UCSD Joint Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology, San Diego, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:781-7. 2003..This study compared internet and video patient education modalities for men considering the prostate specific antigen (PSA) test...
- [Usefulness of Pak's test in Stapleton's modification in diagnosis of hypercalciuria in children]Anna Kaminska
Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii i Nefrologii, Warszawski Uniwersytet Medyczny
Pol Merkur Lekarski 24:38-40. 2008....
- The determination of sensation-dependent bladder emptying time in patients with complete spinal cord injury above T11J C Shin
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Research Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Spinal Cord 46:210-5. 2008..Retrospective investigation using urodynamic studies and medical records...
- Is a cystogram necessary after robot-assisted radical prostatectomy?Khurshid A Guru
Department of Urologic Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Urol Oncol 25:465-7. 2007..Robot-assisted radical prostatectomy has become an acceptable option for the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer. The role of cystography in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy was evaluated prospectively...
- Reliability and agreement of urodynamics interpretations in a female pelvic medicine centerJames L Whiteside
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Center for Female Pelvic Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:315-23. 2006..To estimate the reliability and interobserver consistency of urodynamic interpretations of female bladder and urethral function...
- Can we use a catheter to do the q-tip test?Emily E Weber Lebrun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:1297-300. 2007..To compare two commonly used modifications to the standard Q-tip test for urethral hypermobility: catheter alone and catheter with Q-tip...
- Genitourinary imaging techniquesJohn R Sty
Department of Pediatric Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:339-61, v. 2006..Because of these newer techniques, intravenous urography has lost its position as the "cornerstone" of urinary tract imaging and is used mainly to identify pathologic conditions of the ureters...
- Spatial distribution of vaginal closure pressures of continent and stress urinary incontinent womenQiyu Peng
PAVA Medical Center and Stanford University School of Medicine Urology, CA 94305, USA
Physiol Meas 28:1429-50. 2007..The results show that the VPP measured by the prototype probe can be used to quantitatively evaluate the strength of the PFM, which is a clinical index for the diagnosis or assessment of female SUI...
- [Assessment criteria of lower urinary tract symptom severity for general practitioners]Kikuo Okamura
Department of Urology, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 97:568-74. 2006..We conducted a preliminary study to examine the validity of assessment criteria of lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) severity for general practitioners (GPs)...
- Systematic review of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of photodynamic diagnosis and urine biomarkers (FISH, ImmunoCyt, NMP22) and cytology for the detection and follow-up of bladder cancerG Mowatt
Health Services Research Unit, Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:1-331, iii-iv. 2010....
- Management of neurogenic bladder patients in The Netherlands: do urologists follow guidelines?Berend Rikken
Department of Urology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurourol Urodyn 27:758-62. 2008..Preventive measurements are obligatory for optimal treatment of neurogenic bladder patients. We investigated Dutch urological practice in neurogenic bladder patients in relation to the available guidelines on neurogenic bladder...
- Biomechanical analysis of penile erections: penile buckling behaviour under axial loading and radial compressionGerald W Timm
Department of Urologic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
BJU Int 102:76-84. 2008....
- [Summary of recommendations for the clinical evaluation of non-neurological female urinary incontinence]Jean Francois Hermieu
Prog Urol 17:1239-41. 2007
- Bladder sensitivity testing using a visual analogue scale: comparative cystometric study on womenPhilippe Dompeyre
Department of Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, CHI Poissy St Germain, St Germain en Laye, France
Neurourol Urodyn 26:350-5. 2007..To obtain improved assessment of bladder sensitivity during cystometry by using a 10 cm visual analogue scale (VAS), and comparing it with the standard method according to the International Continence Society (ICS)...
- [Occult stress incontinence identified by preoperative urodynamic study in women with severe pelvic organ prolapse]P Ricci Arriola
Unidad de Uroginecología, Departamento de Ginecologia, Clinica Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Actas Urol Esp 32:827-32. 2008....
- [Diagnosis and treatment of superficial bladder cancers]Romain Caremel
Service d Urologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, 76031 Rouen
Rev Prat 57:621-7. 2007..They aim at reducing the risk of tumour recurrence, as well as the risk of progression to bladder muscle invasion...
- Transabdominal sonocystography: a novel technique to assess vesicourethral extravasation following radical prostatectomyHerbert Lepor
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Urol 180:2459-62. 2008..We describe our new technique of transabdominal sonocystography in men following radical prostatectomy...
- Which method is the most reliable in determination of bladder capacity in children with idiopathic overactive bladder? A comparison of maximum voided volume, uroflowmetry and maximum cystometric capacityNihat Uluocak
Gaziosmanpasa University, School of Medicine, Department of Urology, Tokat, Turkey
J Pediatr Urol 5:480-4. 2009..To compare uroflowmetry, maximum cystometric capacity and maximum voided volume in terms of bladder capacity (BC) estimation in children with idiopathic overactive bladder...
- [Effect of an urodynamic study on women with urinary incontinence]Maíta Poli de Araújo
Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:122-5. 2007..The purpose was to evaluate tolerance of patients with urinary incontinence undergoing an urodynamic study...
- Inter-observer reliability of three different methods of measuring urethrovesical mobilityStefano Salvatore
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Del Ponte Hospital, Piazza Biroldi 1, Varese, Italy
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:1513-7. 2008..83, 0.92 and 0.43, respectively. The Sensor-Q and Q-tip test showed a higher inter-observer reliability for the evaluation of urethral mobility if compared to ultrasounds...
- Urinary calreticulin in the diagnosis of bladder urothelial carcinomaSusumu Kageyama
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Shiga
Int J Urol 16:481-6. 2009..To evaluate the potential suitability of calreticulin (CRT) as a urinary marker for bladder cancer...
- Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic females: functional bladder capacity, frequency, and 24-hr volumeCindy L Amundsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Urogynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27110, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 26:341-9. 2007..Also, to use these data to develop clinical reference values. (We use FBC as a generic term for bladder diary volume-per-void measurements.)..
- Assessment of pelvic floor muscle contraction in stress urinary incontinent women: comparison between transabdominal ultrasound and perineometryMahshid Chehrehrazi
University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:1491-6. 2009..However, no study has directly compared these measurements. The purpose of this study was to investigate the reliability and correlation between perineometry and TA ultrasound as measurements of different aspect of PFM function...
- Reliability of speed of contraction and endurance dynamometric measurements of the pelvic floor musculature in stress incontinent parous womenM Morin
Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Rehabilitation Montreal Rehabilitation Institute, Faculty of Medicine, School of Rehabilitation, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Neurourol Urodyn 26:397-403; discussion 404. 2007..To evaluate the test-retest reliability of dynamometric measurements of the pelvic floor muscles (PFM) during speed and endurance tests...
- Validation of the diagnostic value of NMP22 BladderChek test as a marker for bladder cancer by photodynamic diagnosisStefan Tritschler
Department of Urology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Eur Urol 51:403-7; discussion 407-8. 2007..The aim of the present study was to validate the sensitivity and specificity of the new "point-of-care" NMP22 BladderChek test compared to photodynamic diagnosis (PDD)...
- [Novel NMP22 quick qualitative analysis (BladderChek NMP22) for the diagnosis of urothelial tumor]Tomonori Minagawa
Department of Urology, Nagano Municipal Hospital
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 97:20-6. 2006..The BladderChek NMP22 test was studied to determine whether it could be a useful diagnostic tool for urothelial tumor...
- Visual assessment of uroflowmetry curves: description and interpretation by urodynamistsMauro Gacci
Department of Urology, University of Florence, Via Masaccio 102, 50132, Florence, Italy
World J Urol 25:333-7. 2007..Flow curves from healthy men or from patients with urethral stricture or benign prostatic obstruction are easily recognizable. Long experience and daily practice may make the difference in the assessment of uroflowmetry curves...
- The urine stream interruption test and pelvic muscle function in the puerperiumA Sartore
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Trieste, I R C C S Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 78:235-9. 2002..This study assesses the role of the uroflowmetric urine stream interruption test (UST) in the evaluation of postpartum pelvic floor muscle function...
- Comparison of parameters to determine the cause of urinary disturbance in men with prostate volume less than 20 millilitersAkihide Hirayama
Department of Urology, Prefectural Nara Hospital, Hiramatsu, Nara, Japan
Int J Urol 9:554-9; discussion 560. 2002..This study was conducted in men with a non-enlarged prostate to determine the cause of urinary disturbance by less invasive examinations that might eventually replace pressure-flow study...
- Evaluation of Aa point and cotton-tipped swab test as predictors of urodynamic stress incontinenceKaren Tapp
Division of Urogynecology Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7570, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:115-9. 2005..To compare the predictive abilities of the Aa point of the pelvic organ prolapse quantification examination and the cotton-tipped swab test straining angle to diagnose urodynamic stress incontinence...
- Urinary excretion of beta2-microglobulin and IgG predict prognosis in idiopathic membranous nephropathy: a validation studyAmanda J W Branten
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology 545, University Medical Center Nijmegen, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:169-74. 2005..It is concluded that the present data validate the accuracy of Ubeta2m and of UIgG in predicting renal outcome in patients with iMN. These markers can be used to guide decisions on the start of immunosuppressive treatment...
- [Do urologists apply benign prostatic hyperplasia clinical practice guidelines? Survey on the complementary investigation request modalities in France]Alexandre De La Taille
Service d Urologie, Hopital Henri Mondor Creteil, France
Prog Urol 14:320-5. 2004..In order to determine the impact of these guidelines on daily practice, we conducted a survey of the initial management of BPH by French Urologists...
- Morbidity of urodynamic investigation in healthy womenSoren Brostrom
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 13:182-4; discussion 184. 2002..Thus the incidence of lower urinary tract infection was 3.3% following repeated diagnostic catheterization. We concluded that although bacteriuria is common after diagnostic catheterization, it is essentially asymptomatic...
- Randomized comparison of vaginal and rectal measurement of intra-abdominal pressure during subtracted dual-channel cystometryLucia M Dolan
Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Urology 65:1059-63. 2005..To compare the rectal (Prec) and vaginal (Pvag) measurement of intra-abdominal pressure during cystometry in women by assessment of patient acceptability and cystometrogram quality control...
- The role of urinary urgency and its measurement in the overactive bladder symptom syndrome: current concepts and future prospectsChristopher R Chapple
Department of Urology, The Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
BJU Int 95:335-40. 2005..To review the concept of urinary urgency and its practical measurement in clinical trials, and advance the hypothesis that while urge is experienced by normal people, urgency is always pathological...
- Bladder pressure monitoring during intermittent catheterization: a comparison of gauges and methodsCorri L Ferguson
Research Service, Hines VA Hospital and Loyola Medical Center, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 22:250-4. 2003..In the current study, we compared an FDA-approved digital gauge with the previously studied analog gauge and studied the effects of hydrostatic pressure differences...
- [Urodynamic study in patients with prostatic hyperplasia]Keiichi Shishido
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Fukushima Medical University
Nihon Rinsho 60:346-51. 2002
- Current urologic applications of digital imagingR L Kuo
The Comprehensive Kidney Stone Center, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Endourol 15:53-7. 2001..In addition, one can efficiently capture and store still images that are crisper and sharper than their analog counterparts. These factors greatly improve the diagnostic capabilities and organization of today's endourologist...
- Detecting early chronic kidney disease: are clinical laboratories a problem?Thomas H Hostetter
Am J Kidney Dis 42:392-4. 2003
- Determination of arterial blood ammonia in uremic patients before and after hemodialysis using three different ammonia methodsJ R Huizenga
Artif Organs 26:815-6; author reply 816. 2002
- A novel quantitative method for measuring obstruction in the upper urinary tract: the 'obstruction coefficient'Sandor Lovasz
Department of Urology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Int J Urol 15:499-504. 2008....
- [Recommendations for the clinical evaluation of non-neurological female urinary incontinence]Ariane Cortesse
Service d Urologie, Hôpital Saint Louis 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, Paris
Prog Urol 17:1242-51. 2007..which is recommended in the investigation of female urinary incontinence. The clinical interview also looks for any associated anorectal disorders (anal incontinence and altered bowel habit)...
- Re: How does the pre-massage and post-massage 2-glass test compare to the meares-stamey 4-glass test in men with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome? J. C. Nickel, D. Shoskes, Y. Wang, R. B. Alexander, J. E. Fowler, jr., S. Zeitlin, M. P. O'LVittorio Magri
J Urol 180:1571-2; author reply 1572. 2008
- Urinary retention in adults: diagnosis and initial managementBrian A Selius
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, St Elizabeth Health Center, Youngstown, Ohio 44504, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:643-50. 2008..Definitive management of urinary retention will depend on the etiology and may include surgical and medical treatments...
- Comparison of bladder perceptions during cystometry in pediatric and adult patientsErim Erdem
Department of Urology, Mersin University School of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Urology 73:79-82. 2009..This study was designed to evaluate the reliability of bladder perception in children and compare it with that in adults...
- Urethral pressure reflectometry and pressure profilometry in healthy volunteers and stress urinary incontinent womenNiels Klarskov
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurourol Urodyn 27:807-12. 2008..The aim of this study was to report values for UPR parameters in healthy and stress urinary incontinent (SUI) women and compare UPR with urethral pressure profilometry (UPP) parameters...
- Interobserver variability in the assessment of clinical criteria for suspected urinary tract infection in nursing home residentsManisha Juthani-Mehta
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 29:446-9. 2008..Pairs of nursing home staff caring for 30 residents were interviewed at the time UTI was suspected. At least one measure from each of 7 clinical criteria categories was reliably assessed by nursing home staff members...
- Re: Knutson T, Pettersson S, Dahlstrand C. The use of biodegradable PGA stents to judge the risk of post-TURP incontinence in patients with combined bladder outlet obstruction and overactive bladder. Eur Urol 2002;42:262-7Cosimo De Nunzio
Eur Urol 43:202; author reply 203-4. 2003
- Neurological disorders cerebrovascular disease and parkinsonismMike B Siroky
Boston University School of Medicine, 80 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Urol Clin North Am 30:27-47, v. 2003..Neurological disorders, such as cerebrovascular disease and Parkinson's disease, often cause functional disturbances of the lower urinary tract...
- The variation in urodynamic practice in the United KingdomO A Adekanmi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Torbay Hospital, Torquay, Devon, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 22:48-50. 2002..Standardisation of urodynamic variables may result in a greater consistency of diagnosis, allowing easier comparisons of treatment regimes and outcomes...
- Multisite evaluation of noninvasive bladder pressure flow recording using the penile cuff device: assessment of test-retest agreementBecky Clarkson
Department of Medical Physics, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Urol 180:2515-21. 2008..We report the agreement of the test and the subsequent retest using the cuff test in the short term...
- Two screening tests for urinary voiding dysfunction used in 209 consecutive patients undergoing lumbar spine operationsJan Roar Orlin
Department of Orthopaedics, Central Hospital FSS, Førde, Norway
Scand J Urol Nephrol 44:106-12. 2010..The value of using the two urodynamic screening tests in the evaluation of a larger group of patients with sciatica from disc lesions or spinal stenosis has not been published as an article before...
- CT for the evaluation of flank painK R Anderson
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Endourol 15:25-9. 2001..The scan requires no contrast medium and takes only 5 to 10 minutes of imaging time, making it cost effective. It behooves both urologists and radiologists to familiarize themselves with the techniques for reading these scans...
- Clinical Features in Nursing Home Residents with Suspected UTIManisha Juthani Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will create an evidence-based definition of UTI. Future studies will identify residents with UTI in whom antibiotic therapy improves clinical outcome. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF RENAL CALCIUM TRANSPORT BY CALCIUMJohn Arthur; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Visualization of Pelvic Floor ReflexesCHRISTOS EURIPIDES CONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..As indicated above we will NOT carry out the programming for the 2D animation portion of the proposal but instead ensure that data are coded appropriately and be made available. ..
- Pyrophosphate in vascular calcification of renal failureW CHARLES O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results will establish a new paradigm for vascular calcification in renal failure and form the basis for important clinical trials in humans. ..
- A new tool to diagnose female urinary incontinenceCatherine Bradley; Fiscal Year: 2008..Bradley's research career development. Dr. Bradley has the enthusiastic support of the Colleges of Medicine and Public Health, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecologv and her mentors and collaborators. ..
- Chronic Prostatitis Collaborative Research Network CPCRNJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with CPPS in clinical studies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed CPCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- Interstitial Cystitis Clinical Research Network (ICCRN)J Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2007..site with Dr. Nickel as PI has the experience, expertise and the proven ability to design, implement and enroll patients with IC in clinical strudies and will be a valuable partner in the proposed ICCRN and UCPPSCG. ..
- Direction Sensitive SensorCHRISTOS CONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Pittsburgh Collab Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery ProgramHalina Zyczynski; Fiscal Year: 2005..The surgical team is proficient in both surgical approaches and comfortable with the concept of a randomized surgical trial. ..
- Renal Volume Measurement to Detect Early Kidney DiseaseW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- CHARACTERIZATION & TREATMENT OF CATEGORY III PROSTATITISJ Nickel; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results from this 3 part study will be analyzed and correlated between groups and within groups, both concurrently and sequentially. ..
- Urinary Podocyte Excretion Using FACS MethodologyKevin Lemley; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. is podocyturia an earlier biomarker of incipient nephropathy? and 2) do the responses of albuminuria and podocyturia to treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors differ? ..
- ROLE OF ISCHEMIA IN BLADDER OVERACTIVITY AND FIBROSISMIKE SIROKY; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such enhanced understanding may lead to more effective diagnosis, treatment and perhaps even prevention of these problems. ..
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NA K 2CL COTRANSPORTW O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Dietary Oxalate and Kidney Stone FormationDEAN GEORGE ASSIMOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This translation of laboratory based findings to the clinic should be adatable to reducing a number of dietary associated risk factors and in individuals with stones other than calcium oxalate. ..