Genomes and Genes
Summary: Skin tests in which the sensitizer is injected.
Publications235 found, 100 shown here
- Intradermal testing in healthy horses and horses with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, recurrent urticaria, or allergic dermatitisE Jose-Cunilleras
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 219:1115-21. 2001....
- Late-phase reactions to intradermal testing with Dermatophagoides farinae in healthy dogs and dogs with house dust mite-induced atopic dermatitisAndrew Hillier
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:69-73. 2002..To determine the prevalence of late-phase reactions to intradermal testing with Dermatophagoides farinae in healthy dogs and dogs with atopic dermatitis and an immediate reaction to D farinae...
- Common allergens of atopic dermatitis in dogs: comparative findings based on intradermal testsHa Jung Kim
BK21 Basic and Diagnostic Veterinary Specialist Program for Animal Diseases and Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Konkuk University, Seoul 143 701, Korea
J Vet Sci 12:287-90. 2011b>Intradermal tests were performed on 58 dogs diagnosed with atopic dermatitis from 2004~2008 at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital of Konkuk University, Korea...
- Prevalence of bovine tuberculosis in pastoral cattle herds in the Oromia region, southern EthiopiaBalako Gumi
Jimma University College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, PO Box 307, Jimma, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:1081-7. 2011..In order to investigate the public health risks and the epidemiological importance of BTB in the area, we recommend to include other livestock species (camels and goats) as well as humans in future studies...
- Canine atopic dermatitis: a retrospective study of 266 cases examined at the University of California, Davis, 1992-1998. Part I. Clinical features and allergy testing resultsGila Zur
Koret Veterinary Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, PO Box 12 Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Dermatol 13:89-102. 2002..Dogs had more positive reactions to weeds when allergy tests were performed in the summer and fall. Positive reactions to flea antigen were highly correlated with the clinical diagnosis of flea allergy dermatitis...
- Positive reactions to common allergens in 42 atopic dogs in JapanK Masuda
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 73:193-204. 2000..In this study, the two most common allergens involved in atopic dermatitis in dogs in Japan were HDM and Japanese cedar pollen...
- [Dermatologic occupationally relevant type I allergies]V Mahler
Dermatologische Klinik mit Poliklinik des Universitätsklinikums Erlangen, Erlangen
Hautarzt 55:34-41. 2004..The clinical manifestations and pattern of exposure to Type I allergens in the work place are described...
- Allergen-derived T cell peptide-induced late asthmatic reactions precede the induction of antigen-specific hyporesponsiveness in atopic allergic asthmatic subjectsW L Oldfield
Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Imperial College School of Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Dovehouse Street, London, SW3 6LY, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:1734-9. 2001..Thus, allergen-derived peptides induce tolerance to subsequent peptide injection in the target organ (the lung), reduce late-phase cutaneous responsiveness to whole allergen, and alter in vitro T cell reactivity...
- Occupational contact dermatitis, with asthma and rhinitis, from camomile in a cosmetician also with contact urticaria from both camomile and lime flowersE Rudzki
Department of Dermatology, Warsaw Medical School, Koszykowa 82a, 02 008 Warsaw, Poland
Contact Dermatitis 49:162. 2003
- [The diagnostic significance of immediate and late-phase skin reactions in patients with atopic dermatitis in early infancy]K Kuzume
Department of Pediatrics, NTT Nishinihon Matsuyama Hospital
Arerugi 50:440-9. 2001..05). In the LPR-positive group more cases had symptoms of allergic bronchitis or bronchial asthma before 12 months of age as compared to the LPR-negative group (p < 0.005)...
- Purification of the major allergen of red soft coral (Dendronephthya nipponica)R Onizuka
National Sanatorium Miyazaki Higashi Hospital, Miyazaki, Japan
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 125:135-43. 2001..The N-terminal amino acid sequence of this new allergen component (Den n 1) was determined as Asp-Asp-Ile-Asn-Arg-Tyr-Ala-Phe-Asp-Asn-Lys-Ile-Asn- Asp-Lys-Leu-Phe-Asp-His-Trp-Gln-Ser...
- Lymphocyte blastogenic responses to inciting food allergens in dogs with food hypersensitivityRinei Ishida
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Intern Med 18:25-30. 2004..Lymphocytes reactive to food allergens may play an important role in the pathogenesis of food hypersensitivity in dogs...
- Comparison of intradermal and serum testing for allergen-specific IgE using a Fcepsilon RIalpha-based assay in atopic dogs in the UKA P Foster
Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford, North Somerset BS40 5DU, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 93:51-60. 2003..3 and 77.1% (D. pteronyssinus 19.3% and D. farinae 67.9%) and the specificities varied between 64.2 and 96.6% (D. pteronyssinus 96.6% and D. farinae 89.3%)...
- A comparison of skin prick tests, intradermal skin tests, and specific IgE in the diagnosis of mouse allergyHemant P Sharma
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:933-9. 2008..However, it is unknown whether a positive skin test response or m-IgE result accurately identifies those with clinically relevant mouse sensitization...
- [Value of intradermal skin test and serum sIgE detection in diagnosing artemisia pollinosis]Jia Yin
Department of Allergy, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:1759-63. 2006..To evaluate the value of intradermal skin test (IDT) and serum sIgE detection in diagnosing Artemisia sensitivity in Chinese patients with autumnal hay fever...
- [Values of intradermal skin test and serum sIgE detection in diagnosing Humulus scandens pollinosis]Jia Yin
Department of Allergy, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:1906-11. 2006..To evaluate the values of intradermal skin test (IDT) and serum specific IgE detection in diagnosing Humulus scandens sensitivity in Chinese patients with autumnal hay fever...
- Contact urticaria from riceY Yamakawa
Department of Dermatology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
Contact Dermatitis 44:91-3. 2001..These results suggest that the allergen responsible for contact urticaria in this patient might be water-soluble, heat-unstable, and not contained in allergen-reduced rice...
- Patch testing and aeroallergen intradermal testing in suspected allergic contact dermatitis, unclassified endogenous eczema and non-atopic chronic urticariaL F Li
Department of Dermatology, Peking University, The Third Hospital, Beijing, China
Contact Dermatitis 45:84-8. 2001..The exact rÃ´le of aeroallergen sensitization in these diseases needs further study...
- IgE and IgG antibodies in skin allergy of the horseBettina Wagner
Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Vet Res 37:813-25. 2006..The data also suggest that IgG(T) can bind to skin mast cells and might contribute to clinical allergy...
- The prevalence of latex sensitisation and allergy in Danish atopic children. Evaluation of diagnostic methodsVagn Braendholt Jensen
Department of Paediatrics, Gentofte University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 49:260-2. 2002..All over the world natural rubber allergy is reported to be responsible for a wide spectrum of allergic symptoms ranging from mild rhinitis to severe anaphylaxis...
- Immediate and delayed-type reactions in caterpillar dermatitisMasaru Natsuaki
Department of Dermatology, Hyogo College of Medicine, Japan
J Dermatol 29:471-6. 2002..pseudoconspersa caterpillars. Variations in the clinical course of individual patients may be attributable to differences in the state of sensitization to the venomous components...
- Analysis of epitope-specific immune responses induced by vaccination with structurally folded and unfolded recombinant Bet v 1 allergen derivatives in manInes Pree
Department of Otolaryngology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 179:5309-16. 2007..These data may be important for the development of therapeutic as well as prophylactic vaccines based on recombinant allergens...
- Shortening of the induction period of allergic asthma in cynomolgus monkeys by Ascaris suum and house dust miteKatsumasa Iwashita
Toxicological Research Laboratories, Pharmaceutical Research Center, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 106:92-9. 2008..These models should be useful for the evaluation of anti-inflammatory drugs for asthma treatment...
- Contact urticaria from dillJ Monteseirin
Departamento de Medicina, Servicio Regional de Inmunologia y Alergia, Hospital Universitario Virgen Macarena, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Contact Dermatitis 48:275. 2003
- [Monitoring the efficacy of immunotherapy by symptom scores and the skin prick test in patients with allergic rhinitis]Yucel Akbas
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 10:221-5. 2003..We evaluated the role of the skin prick test, symptom scores, and total and specific IgE levels in monitoring the efficacy of immunotherapy in allergic rhinitis...
- Improvement of the diagnosis of allergy by using purified allergensS Scheurer
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1483-6. 2006
- The case of a very late response to a contact allergen in patch testingMagdalena Czarnecka-Operacz
Chair and Department of Dermatology, Allergic Diseases Diagnostic Centre, Medical University, Poznan
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 59:444-8. 2004..Correct instruction of the patient in case of appearance of a very late response to contact allergen will facilitate the diagnostic procedure and will enable correct interpretation of results...
- Quantitative assessment of immediate cutaneous hypersensitivity in a mouse model exhibiting an IgE response to Timothy grass allergensUlrike Seitzer
Veterinary Infectiology and Immunology, Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Borstel, Germany
Med Sci Monit 9:BR407-12. 2003..Functional read-out parameters include skin reactions and airway constriction. The aim of this study was to establish an improved quantitative assessment of the immediate cutaneous hypersensitivity reaction in a mouse model...
- High contribution contrast between the genes of eosinophil peroxidase and IL-4 receptor alpha-chain in Japanese cedar pollinosisHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Environmental Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Japan
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:1127-31. 2003..Japanese cedar pollinosis is the most common form of hayfever in Japan in spring and has remarkably increased since 1960...
- Seasonal atopic dermatitis in dogs sensitive to a major allergen of Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica) pollenKenichi Masuda
Department of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Vet Dermatol 13:53-59. 2002..These findings indicated that Cry j 1 was the major allergen recognized by IgE and lymphocytes and resulted in the development of type I hypersensitivity to CJ pollen allergen in these atopic dogs...
- [Poorly tolerated or genuinely allergic? How to properly assess food allergies]M Raithel
Medizinische Klinik I der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg
MMW Fortschr Med 144:30-3. 2002..To confirm the diagnosis, an oral provocative test should always be performed...
- Diagnosis of iodinated contrast media hypersensitivity: results of a 6-year periodV Kvedariene
Vilnius University Hospital Santariskiu klinikos, Vilnius, Lithiuania
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1072-7. 2006..Iodinated contrast media (ICM) hypersensitivity reactions represent a serious problem. Very few clinical data concerning systematic skin testing to ICM are available...
- [Could whey be responsible for the development of cow's milk allergy in newborns and infants?]T Thaller
Abteilung für Kinder und Jugendliche, LKH Leoben Eisenerz
Klin Padiatr 216:87-90. 2004..In our opinion the whey baths could be responsible for the sensitisation via skin and the allergic skin reactions. The risks and benefits of whey baths for newborns and infants should therefore be carefully considered...
- [Latex allergy in health care workers: frequency, exposure quantification, efficacy of criteria used for job fitness assessment]M Crippa
Cattedra di Medicina del Lavoro, Scuola di Specializzazione in Medicina del Lavoro, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
Med Lav 95:62-71. 2004....
- Skin test results and self-reported symptom severity in allergic rhinitis: The role of psychological factorsY Graif
Allergy and Immunology Clinic, Rabin Medical Center, Pulmonary Institute, Petach Tikva, Israel
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1532-7. 2006..In allergic conditions, the degree of skin test reactivity does not always correlate with the severity of clinical symptoms. Additional factors may contribute to the reported symptom severity...
- Intradermal skin tests in equine dermatology: a study of 83 horsesC Lebis
Clinique Veterinaire, Pont l Abbé, France
Equine Vet J 34:666-71. 2002..Further studies are required, notably with others allergens, to interpret intradermal skin tests' responses in clinical practice...
- Reinventing the weal?G F Clough
Clin Exp Allergy 37:1-3. 2007
- [Allergen-specific immunotherapy in allergic rhinitis]L Klimek
Zentrum für Rhinologie und Allergologie, Wiesbaden
MMW Fortschr Med 150:29-33; quiz 34. 2008
- [Anaphylactic shock due to French galette. Type I allergic reaction to buckwheat]T Plaza
Dermatologische Klinik mit Poliklinik des Universitätsklinikums Erlangen, Erlangen
Hautarzt 56:160-3. 2005..In contrast to wheat, buckwheat is not a cereal but a gluten-free knot-grass, initially from Asia. Whenever a patient suffers from allergic reactions due to pastries, a buckwheat allergy should be considered...
- Eczematous skin reaction from patch testing with aeroallergens in atopic children with and without atopic dermatitisS Wananukul
Department of Pediatrics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Dermatol 10:209-13. 1993..b>Intradermal tests with the same antigens were done on the forearm...
- [Management and treatment of pollinosis in clinic]Kimihiro Okubo
Department of Otolaryngology, Nippon Medical School
Nihon Rinsho 63:145-50. 2005
- The characteristics of patients with atopic dermatitis demonstrating a positive reaction in a scratch test after 48 hours against house dust mite antigenNorito Katoh
Department of Dermatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
J Dermatol 31:720-6. 2004....
- Anaphylactoid reactions in two patients after omalizumab administration after successful long-term therapyKursteen S Price
Allergy, Asthma and Dermatology Associates, Portland, Oregon 97209, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 28:313-9. 2007..Polysorbate, an excipient in omalizumab, is known to cause similar reactivity to other medicines and is the most likely cause of these reactions...
- [The correlation analysis of the reactive intensity of intradermal test for allergens and the concentration of specific IgE in serum]Zhixian Liu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, First Teaching Hospital, Beijing University, Beijing 100034
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 16:60-1. 2002..To explore the relationship between the reactive intensity of allergen intradermal test and the concentration of specific IgE (sIgE) in serum...
- Regional importance of Alnus pollen as an aeroallergen: a comparative study of Alnus pollen counts from Worcester (UK) and Poznań (Poland)Matt Smith
National Pollen and Aerobiology Research Unit, University of Worcester, Henwick Road, Worcester, WR2 6AJ, United Kingdom
Ann Agric Environ Med 14:123-8. 2007..However, the amount of Alnus pollen released into the atmosphere in places such as Poznan may increase its impact on the population and make it one of the more important aeroallergens present...
- "In vivo" and "in vitro": tests in the diagnosis of trichophyton allergyM L Palma-Carlos
Clinical Allergy Immunology Center, Lisbon, Portugal
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 39:328-32. 2007..of 100 without fungal allergy have been compared in order to evaluate the diagnostic value of skin prick and intradermal tests and assay of Trichophyton specific IgE...
- Alternaria alternata NADP-dependent mannitol dehydrogenase is an important fungal allergenP B Schneider
Division of Genetics, Department of Cell Biology, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Clin Exp Allergy 36:1513-24. 2006..Mannitol dehydrogenase (MtDH) has previously been shown to be a major allergen of Cladosporium herbarum and cross-reactivity has been demonstrated for several fungal allergens...
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis' diagnosis remains a challengeEdilamara de Oliveira
Division of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, University of Sao Paulo, R Prof Artur Ramos 178 ap 211A, 01454 904, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Respir Med 101:2352-7. 2007..The aim of the present study is to evaluate whether serological tests for IgE specific to recombinant allergens of A. fumigatus (rAsp) can aid in the detection of sensitization to this fungus and in the diagnosis of ABPA...
- Immediate hypersensitivity to chlorhexidine: literature reviewE Beaudouin
Service de Medecine Interne, Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie, CHU de Nancy, Hôpital Central 29, avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 54035 Nancy, France
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 36:123-6. 2004..In the event of confirmed allergy to chlorhexidine, strict eviction is required, bearing in mind that over a hundred medicinal products currently on the French market contain chlorhexidine...
- Evaluation of a point-of-care immunodot assay for predicting results of allergen-specific intradermal and immunoglobulin E serological testsThierry Olivry
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Dermatol 16:117-20. 2005..In this population of dogs with AD, results of the E-Screen point-of-care immunodot assay was found to often agree with those of allergen-specific intradermal or Allercept tests for selected allergen groups...
- Diagnosis of flea allergy dermatitis: comparison of intradermal testing with flea allergens and a FcepsilonRI alpha-based IgE assay in response to flea controlCatherine Laffort-Dassot
15 rue Lugeol, F 33000 Bordeaux, France
Vet Dermatol 15:321-30. 2004....
- Skin test reactivity to 2 recombinant Aspergillus fumigatus allergens in A fumigatus-sensitized asthmatic subjects allows diagnostic separation of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis from fungal sensitizationS Hemmann
Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research SIAF, Davos, Switzerland
J Allergy Clin Immunol 104:601-7. 1999..A clear distinction between allergic sensitization to A fumigatus and ABPA is essential for therapy to prevent deterioration of pulmonary function in subjects with ABPA...
- Racial differences in allergen sensitivityChristine L M Joseph
Chest 126:1004-5; author reply 1005. 2004
- Occupational dermatoses in health care workers evaluated for suspected allergic contact dermatitisTina Suneja
Department of Medicine Dermatology, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Contact Dermatitis 58:285-90. 2008..Occupational skin diseases, including allergic contact dermatitis (ACD), irritant contact dermatitis, and allergic contact urticaria (ACU), occur commonly among health care workers (HCWs)...
- [Serologic and skin test diagnosis of birch pollen allergy with recombinant Bet v 1, the chief allergen of birch]G Menz
, AKH, , Osterreich
Pneumologie 50:632-40. 1996..CONCLUSION: Our results document that recombinant Bet v 1 produced in bacterial expression systems allows accurate in vitro and in vivo diagnosis of birch pollen allergy in > 95% of birch pollen allergic patients...
- Biological potency of German cockroach allergen extracts determined in an inner city populationJ E Slater
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 37:1033-9. 2007..To perform valid studies on the diagnosis and treatment of cockroach allergy, biological potencies of test extracts need to be established, and a surrogate in vitro test for biological potency should be chosen...
- Recent advances in the diagnosis of drug allergyAntonino Romano
Allergy Unit of Integrated Complex Columbus, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 7:299-303. 2007..Immediate reactions occur within 1 h; nonimmediate ones occur after more than 1 h...
- Tolerability of aztreonam in patients with IgE-mediated hypersensitivity to beta-lactamsG Patriarca
Allergy Unit, Policlinico Gemelli, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Gemelli 8, Rome, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 21:375-9. 2008..positive specific IgE to any of the studied beta-lactam; they were studied by means of: skin prick and intradermal tests with penicilloyl polylysine, minor determinant mixture, semisynthetic penicillins, cephalosporins, aztreonam ..
- Cross-reactivity and tolerability of imipenem in patients with delayed-type, cell-mediated hypersensitivity to beta-lactamsD Schiavino
Department of Allergology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Allergy 64:1644-8. 2009..The aim of this study is to assess cross-reactivity and tolerability of imipenem in patients with cell-mediated allergy to beta-lactams...
- Delayed hypersensitivity to cefazolin: report on a case involving lymphocyte transformation studies with different cephalosporinsA Romano
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, UCSC, Columbus, Rome, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 87:238-42. 2001..A cell-mediated immunopathogenic mechanism has been demonstrated in only a few cases of cutaneous reactions to systemically administered cephalosporins...
- The role of iodine in hypersensitivity reactions to radio contrast mediaK Scherer
Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Exp Allergy 40:468-75. 2010..In IT, the pathomechanism is unclear. In DT, delayed positive patch (PT) and intradermal tests (IDT) and RCM-specific T cells suggest a T cell-mediated mechanism...
- Diagnostic and predictive value of skin testing in platinum salt hypersensitivityVanessa Leguy-Seguin
Dermatology Department, University Hospital, Dijon Cedex, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:726-30. 2007..Several preventive procedures have been proposed: premedication, desensitization regimens, or replacement with a different platinum salt...
- Allergic contact dermatitis from mercury antiseptics and derivatives: study protocol of tolerance to intramuscular injections of thimerosalMaria Teresa Audicana
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Santiago Apostol Hospital, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
Am J Contact Dermat 13:3-9. 2002..Mercury derivatives are frequent contact allergens and their cross-reactivity is not constant. Thimerosal is an organic mercurial used as an antiseptic and as a preservative in most vaccines...
- Drug skin tests in cutaneous adverse drug reactions to pristinamycin: 29 cases with a study of cross-reactions between synergistinsA Barbaud
Dermatology Department, Fournier Hospital, 36 Quai de al Bataille, 54000 Nancy, France
Contact Dermatitis 50:22-6. 2004..with other synergistins [virginiamycin and dalfopristin-quinupristin (DQ)], prick tests (10 cases) and intradermal tests (IDT) (5 cases)...
- Immunological response to mistletoe (Viscum album L.) in cancer patients: a four-case seriesNilo Esvalter Gardin
Phytother Res 23:407-11. 2009..These were: white blood cell count (leukocytes, neutrophils, lymphocytes), CD4+ and CD8+ T-lymphocytes, intradermal tests of delayed hypersensitivity (candidin, trichophytin, purified protein derivative-PPD), complement C3 and C4, ..
- Skin reactions to intradermal neuromuscular blocking agent injections: a randomized multicenter trial in healthy volunteersPaul Michel Mertes
Department of Anesthesiology, Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Hopital Central, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy, Unité Inserm 684, Faculte de Medecine de Nancy, France
Anesthesiology 107:245-52. 2007Numerous reports confirm the performance of intradermal tests for the diagnosis of anaphylaxis during anesthesia; however, there is controversy over their diagnostic value regarding the newer neuromuscular blocking agents (NMBAs).
- Effect of topical vapocoolant spray on skin test wheal, flare, and pain responsesKirk H Waibel
Allergy and Immunology Service, Department of Medicine, Dwight D Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia, 30905 5650, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 95:149-53. 2005Skin puncture and intradermal tests are commonly used to evaluate allergic rhinitis. Ethyl chloride, a topical vapocoolant spray, provides skin analgesia before venipuncture, but it has not been studied with allergy skin testing.
- Hypersensitivity reactions to neuromuscular blocking agentsP M Mertes
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU de Nancy, Hopital Central, 29 Avenue de Lattre de Tassigny, 54035 Nancy Cedex, France
Curr Pharm Des 14:2809-25. 2008..observed with muscle relaxants, every available neuromuscular blocking agent should be tested, using intradermal tests to confirm the responsibility of the suspected drug which should be definitely excluded...
- Hypersensitivity reactions to anthranilic acid derivativesM Fernandez-Rivas
Allergy Department, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Ann Allergy 71:515-8. 1993..We report a woman who had immediate adverse reactions to glafenine and meclofenamate sodium. Skin prick and intradermal tests were performed with solutions of glafenine and meclofenamate in phosphate-buffered saline (PBS) and with the ..
- [The use of skin testing in the investigation of toxidermia: from pathophysiology to the results of skin testing]A Barbaud
Service de Dermatologie, Hôpital Mainger Villemein Fournier, Nancy, France
Therapie 57:258-62. 2002..tests (PT), immediate hypersensitivity with prick tests and both immediate or delayed hypersensitivity with intradermal tests (IDT). The mechanisms involved in inducing CADR are not well elucidated...
- Assessment of a new brand of determinants for skin testing in a large group of patients with suspected beta-lactam allergyV Matheu
Drug Allergy Unit, Allergy Service, Hospital Universitario NS Candelaria, Tenerife, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 17:257-60. 2007..However, commercial reagents for this purpose were recently dropped from the European market...
- Skin tests in the diagnosis of drug hypersensitivity reactionsKnut Brockow
Department of Dermatology und Allergology Biederstein, and Division Environmental Dermatology and Allergology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen TUM, Technical University Munich, Germany
Curr Pharm Des 14:2778-91. 2008..Skin prick, patch, and intradermal tests are the most readily available tools for the evaluation of hypersensitivity drug reactions...
- Patch tests for diagnosis of delayed hypersensitivity to cephalosporinsM A Gonzalo-Garijo
Department of Allergology, Infanta Cristina University Hospital, Badajoz, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 34:39-41. 2006..The diagnostic procedures and extracts for these reactions are not standardized, and little is known about the extent of cross reactivity among different cephalosporins...
- Anaphylaxis to gadobenate dimeglumine (Multihance): a case reportDimitrios C Kalogeromitros
Allergy Unit, Attikon Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 144:150-4. 2007..Immediate severe adverse effects are exceptionally rare and mostly concern mild anaphylactoid reactions. We report a case of anaphylaxis to gadobenate dimeglumine (Gd-BOPTA, Multihance), a gadolinium-based contrast agent...
- Skin testing in patients with hypersensitivity reactions to iodinated contrast media - a European multicenter studyK Brockow
Department of Dermatology und Allergology Biederstein, Division Environmental Dermatology and Allergology Helmholtz Zentrum München TUM, Technical University Munich, Munich, Germany
Allergy 64:234-41. 2009..Iodinated contrast media cause both immediate and nonimmediate hypersensitivity reactions. The aim of this prospective study was to determine the specificity and sensitivity of skin tests in patients who have experienced such reactions...
- Anaphylaxis to general anestheticsD Anne Moneret-Vautrin
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Immunology and Allergology, Nancy, France
Chem Immunol Allergy 95:180-9. 2010..of the reaction has to be implemented by thorough investigations carried out weeks later: prick tests and intradermal tests, quantification of specific IgE to compounds containing quaternary ammonium ions, histamine release test or ..
- Drug patch testing in systemic cutaneous drug allergyAnnick Barbaud
Dermatology Department, Fournier Hospital, University Hospital of Nancy, 36 quai de la Bataille, 54000 Nancy, France
Toxicology 209:209-16. 2005..In contrast, intradermal tests can be performed only with injectable forms or with a pure and sterile form of the drug...
- [Co-sensitization to drugs belonging to different chemical classes during the same episode of cutaneous adverse drug reaction: two cases]P Dellestable
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Fournier, Nancy
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:655-8. 2007....
- The utility of the World Health Organization-The Uppsala Monitoring Centre (WHO-UMC) system for the assessment of adverse drug reactions in hospitalized childrenChutsumarn Tantikul
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 26:77-82. 2008..Skin prick tests and intradermal tests were positive in 1/20 and 1/5 of the patients, respectively...
- Skin testing in delayed reactions to drugsAnnick Barbaud
Department of Dermatology, Fournier Hospital, University Hospital of Nancy, Nancy, France
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 29:517-35. 2009Drug skin tests (eg, patch tests, prick tests with delayed readings, intradermal tests [IDT], especially with delayed readings) are used to investigate cutaneous adverse drug reactions (CADR) in delayed hypersensitivity reactions caused ..
- [Anaphylactoid reactions and late skin reactions to iodinated contrast media: present state of the question--idea development]D A Moneret-Vautrin
Service de Medecine Interne, Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie, Hopital Central, 29, Avenue du Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, 54035 Nancy, France
Rev Med Interne 22:969-77. 2001..Late skin reactions could be mostly related to delayed hypersensitivity. Previous reactions to contrast media, cardiovascular disorders, beta-blockers, asthma, and atopy are risk factors. Female gender and age increase the severity...
- The prevalence of suspected and challenge-verified penicillin allergy in a university hospital populationJakob E Borch
Allergy Centre and Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark, DK 5000 Odense, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 98:357-62. 2006..investigation for penicillin allergy with specific IgE, basophil histamine release, skin prick tests, intradermal tests and drug challenge tests...
- Seroepidemiological survey of paracoccidioidomycosis infection among urban and rural dogs from Uberaba, Minas Gerais, BrazilFabricio Fernandes Fontana
Department of Infectious Diseases, Federal University of the Triangulo Mineiro, Caixa Postal 118, Uberaba, MG, 38001 970, Brazil
Mycopathologia 169:159-65. 2010..infection with this fungus, a survey with 149 urban and 126 rural dogs was carried out using ELISA and intradermal tests with the gp43 antigen of P. brasiliensis in Uberaba, Minas Gerais state of Brazil...
- High frequency of contact allergy to gold sodium thiosulfate. An indication of gold allergy?B Bjorkner
Department of Occupational Dermatology, Malmo General Hospital, Sweden
Contact Dermatitis 30:144-51. 1994..negative patch tests to gold sodium thiomalate, sodium thiosulfate, and metallic gold; positive intradermal tests to gold sodium thiosulfate...
- Anaphylaxis to muscle relaxants: cross-sensitivity studied by radioimmunoassays compared to intradermal tests in 34 casesD A Moneret-Vautrin
Service d immuno allergologie, Faculte de Medecine, Nancy, France
J Allergy Clin Immunol 82:745-52. 1988....
- Cellular in vitro assays in the diagnosis of Hymenoptera venom allergyK Scherer
Allergy Unit, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 146:122-32. 2008The current diagnostic procedures of anaphylactic reactions to hymenoptera stings include intradermal tests, venom-specific IgE (sIgE) and possibly sting challenge tests. Sometimes, the culprit insect remains unidentified...
- Sensitivity and specificity of skin tests in the diagnosis of clarithromycin allergyFrancesca Mori
Paediatric Allergy and Immunology Unit, A Meyer Children s Hospital, Department of Paediatric, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 104:417-9. 2010....
- Practice of venom immunotherapy in the United Kingdom: a national audit and review of literatureL Diwakar
Department of Allergy and Immunology, Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 38:1651-8. 2008..However, controversies exist relating to diagnosis, indications for treatment and treatment schedules. We audited current practice of VIT in the United Kingdom to evaluate adherence to international guidelines...
- Biopotency and identification of allergenic proteins in Periplaneta americana extract for clinical applicationsV Thangam Sudha
Allergy and Immunology Section, Room 509, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110007, India
Biologicals 35:131-7. 2007..Cockroach positive patients' sera were collected after intradermal tests and specific IgE enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)...
- Systemic and local reactions of bee venom immunotherapy in IranMohammad Hassan Bemanian
Department of Pediatrics, Shahid Sadoughi Hospital, School of Medicine, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 6:203-6. 2007..Cluster protocol during 2002 and 2006 After diagnosis of hymenoptera sting allergy according to history and intradermal tests, the patient were treated with Cluster protocol immunotherapy...
- Analysis of IgE binding proteins of mesquite (Prosopis juliflora) pollen and cross-reactivity with predominant tree pollensAnamika Dhyani
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Room 509, Allergy and Immunology Section, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110007, India
Immunobiology 211:733-40. 2006..juliflora pollen extract and study cross-reactivity with prevalent tree pollen allergens. Intradermal tests with P...
- The pathology of Psoroptes ovis infestation in cattle with a special emphasis on breed differenceB J Losson
Department of Parasitology and Pathology of Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 83:219-29. 1999..under experimental and field conditions has been studied using serology, lymphocyte transformation assay, intradermal tests and passive cutaneous anaphylaxis in susceptible Belgian White and Blue (BWB) and resistant Frisian Holstein ..
- Anaphylactic shock after intra-articular injection of carboxymethylcelluloseJ Montoro
Al lergo Centre, Barcelona, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 28:332-3. 2000..SCMC is widely used in pharmaceutical and food industries. We present the case of a 47-year-old man who suffered an anaphylactic shock after an intra-articular injection of Trigon depot...
- The use of skin testing in the investigation of cutaneous adverse drug reactionsA Barbaud
Department of Dermatology, Fournier Hospital, Nancy, France
Br J Dermatol 139:49-58. 1998..All had drug patch tests; 46 also had prick tests and 30 had intradermal tests (performed on hospitalized patients using a sterile solution of the suspected drug, diluted sequentially) ..
- Negative predictive value of drug skin tests in investigating cutaneous adverse drug reactionsJ Waton
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital, Nancy, France
Br J Dermatol 160:786-94. 2009..Drug skin tests are useful in aetiological analyses of cutaneous adverse drug reactions to determine if the drug can be rechallenged, or to avoid a cross-reaction with a substitute drug...
- 'Renal hypersensitivity' to inulin and IgA nephropathyJustine Bacchetta
Centre de Référence des Maladies Rénales Rares, Hospices Civils de Lyon et Université Lyon 1, Lyon, France
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1883-5. 2008..Pruritus, wheezing and cough were observed during a first renal function test; results of prick and intradermal tests were negative for inulin...
- Patch testing in non-immediate drug eruptionsAntonino Romano
Department of Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore UCSC Allergy Unit, C, I, Columbus, Rome, Italy, and Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Oasi Maria S, S, Troina, Italy
Allergy Asthma Clin Immunol 4:66-74. 2008..Patch tests, together with delayed-reading intradermal tests, lymphocyte transformation tests, and challenges, are useful tools for evaluating non-immediate drug ..
- Histoplasmin reaction. Comparison of a polysaccharide antigen to the filtrate antigenC Fava S di
Medical School, Universidade de Santo Amaro, UNISA, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 39:257-60. 1997..at comparing a polysaccharide antigen from Histoplasma capsulatum to a classic histoplasmin with the help of intradermal tests of delayed type of hypersensitivity...
- Skin testing: a survey of allergistsJohn Oppenheimer
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07103, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 96:19-23. 2006..Although anecdotal data suggest widely varying practices in skin testing by allergists, the diversity and relative frequency of these practices have not been documented...
- Bezafibrate-induced anaphylactic shock: unusual clinical presentationM De Barrio
Servicio de Alergia, Hospital General Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 11:53-5. 2001..Allergy evaluation revealed intense positive responses to intradermal tests with bezafibrate active component and Eulitop Retard (skin tests in control subjects were negative)...
- Work up of patients with history of beta-lactam hypersensitivityR Silva
Allergy and Clinical Immunology Division, Hospital S Joao, EPE Porto, Portugal
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 37:193-7. 2009..The study of all cases of suspected beta-lactam hypersensitivity is highly important, to avoid the use of less efficient or more expensive alternatives, for fear of a reaction...
- UV, Neuropeptides, Histamine and Buruli Ulcer DiseaseRHIAN COPE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Irrespective of the outcomes of these experiments, new and important information on BUD pathogenesis will be obtained. ..
- Epidemiology of asthma: risk and prognosis in a cohort from birth to adolescenceSyed Hasan Arshad; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our work brings together a multidisciplinary research team with a proven record of collaboration and expertise in respiratory medicine, allergy and immunology, epidemiology, genetics, and biostatistics. ..