Genomes and Genes
peak expiratory flow rate
Summary: Measurement of the maximum rate of airflow attained during a FORCED VITAL CAPACITY determination. Common abbreviations are PEFR and PFR.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Oral montelukast in acute asthma exacerbations: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialCrichton F Ramsay
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK
Thorax 66:7-11. 2011..Although leukotriene receptor antagonists have an established role in the management of patients with chronic asthma, their efficacy in an acute asthma exacerbation is not fully known...
- Lung inflation by glossopharyngeal breathing and "air stacking" in Duchenne muscular dystrophyJohn R Bach
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey New Jersey Medical School, New Jersey, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 86:295-300. 2007..To compare the use of glossopharyngeal breathing (GPB) and air stacking to increase lung volumes and cough peak flows (CPF), and GPB to increase ventilator-free breathing ability (VFBA), for patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
- Prospective multicenter study of relapse following treatment for acute asthma among adults presenting to the emergency department. MARC investigators. Multicenter Asthma Research CollaborationC L Emerman
Department of Emergency Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44109 1998, USA
Chest 115:919-27. 1999..To identify factors associated with relapse following treatment for acute asthma among adults presenting to the emergency department (ED)...
- Influence of cigarette smoking on inhaled corticosteroid treatment in mild asthmaG W Chalmers
Departments of Respiratory Medicine and Immunology, Western Infirmary, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Thorax 57:226-30. 2002..A study was undertaken to investigate the effect of active cigarette smoking on responses to treatment with inhaled corticosteroids in patients with mild asthma...
- Zafirlukast improves asthma control in patients receiving high-dose inhaled corticosteroidsJ C Virchow
Department of Pneumology, University Medical Clinic Freiburg, Germany and AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:578-85. 2000..produced a significant improvement over baseline in the primary study endpoint of mean morning peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) (18.7 L/min versus 1.5 L/min, p < 0.001), as well as in evening PEFR (p < 0...
- Effects of weight loss on peak flow variability, airways obstruction, and lung volumes in obese patients with asthmaK Hakala
Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Chest 118:1315-21. 2000..The results suggest that obese patients benefit from weight loss by improved pulmonary mechanics and a better control of airways obstruction...
- Exacerbations of asthma: a descriptive study of 425 severe exacerbations. The FACET International Study GroupA E Tattersfield
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Nottingham University, Nottingham, and National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:594-9. 1999..Exacerbations may be characterized predominantly by change in symptoms or change in PEF, but the pattern was not affected by the dose of inhaled corticosteroid or by whether the patient was taking formoterol...
- Effects of ambient particulate matter on peak expiratory flow rates and respiratory symptoms of asthmatics during Asian dust periods in KoreaJeong Woong Park
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Gachon Medical School, Gil Medical Center, Incheon, Korea
Respirology 10:470-6. 2005..The objective of this study was to investigate the possible adverse effects of Asian dust events on the respiratory functions and symptoms of subjects with bronchial asthma...
- Expiratory muscle strength training in persons with multiple sclerosis having mild to moderate disability: effect on maximal expiratory pressure, pulmonary function, and maximal voluntary coughToni Chiara
Brain Rehabilitation Research Center, Malcom Randall VA Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:468-73. 2006..To determine the effect of expiratory muscle strength training (EMST) on maximal expiratory strength, pulmonary function, and maximal voluntary cough in persons with multiple sclerosis (MS) having mild to moderate disability...
- Peak expiratory flow rate as predictor of inpatient death in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseFernando de la Iglesia
Unidad de Corta Estancia Médica UCEM, Complexo Hospitalario Universitario Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
South Med J 98:266-72. 2005..Few studies analyze hospital deaths and related factors in patients with acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease who require hospitalization...
- Effects of ambient air pollution on upper and lower respiratory symptoms and peak expiratory flow in childrenH M Boezen
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, University of Groningen, Netherlands
Lancet 353:874-8. 1999..We investigated whether children with bronchial hyperresponsiveness (BHR) and relatively high serum concentrations of total IgE (>60 kU/L, the median value) are susceptible to air pollution...
- A study of twelve Southern California communities with differing levels and types of air pollution. II. Effects on pulmonary functionJ M Peters
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 159:768-75. 1999..associated with lower FVC, FEV1, and maximal midexpiratory flow (MMEF); acid vapor with lower FVC, FEV1, peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR), and MMEF; and O3 with lower PEFR and MMEF...
- A study to evaluate safety and efficacy of mepolizumab in patients with moderate persistent asthmaPatrick Flood-Page
F R C P, London Chest Hospital, Bonner Road, London E2 9JX, UK
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:1062-71. 2007..A previous small dose-finding study found that mepolizumab, a humanized anti-interleukin-5 monoclonal antibody, had no effect on allergen challenge in humans...
- Particulate air pollution and panel studies in children: a systematic reviewD J Ward
Public Health Network, South Worcestershire Primary Care Trust, Isaac Maddox House, Shrub Hill Road, Worcester WR4 9RW, UK
Occup Environ Med 61:e13. 2004..Panel studies have been used to investigate the short term effects of outdoor particulate air pollution across a wide range of environmental settings...
- Assessing symptoms and peak expiratory flow rate as predictors of asthma exacerbationsWilliam M Tierney
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1001 W 10th Street, Room M200 OPW, Indianapolis, IN 46256, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:237-42. 2004To investigate peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and quality of life scores for their ability to predict exacerbations of asthma.
- Relationship between peak expiratory flow rate and shoulders posture in healthy individuals and moderate to severe asthmatic patientsPriscila Games Robles-Ribeiro
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Santa Casa School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Asthma 42:783-6. 2005..Asthma overloads respiratory muscles causing changes in posture...
- Loss of response to treatment with leukotriene receptor antagonists but not inhaled corticosteroids in patients over 50 years of agePeter Creticos
John Hopkins Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21442, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 88:401-9. 2002..There are limited published data describing the relative efficacy of available treatment options in younger versus older patients with persistent asthma...
- Effects of particulate air pollution on the respiratory health of subjects who live in three areas in Kanpur, IndiaMukesh Sharma
Environmental Engineering and Management Program, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Arch Environ Health 59:348-58. 2004..All subjects resided near to air quality monitoring sites. Air quality and peak expiratory flow rate samplings were conducted for 39 d. Once during the sampling period, lung-function tests (i.e...
- Use of regularly scheduled albuterol treatment in asthma: genotype-stratified, randomised, placebo-controlled cross-over trialElliot Israel
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 364:1505-12. 2004..However, the existence of any genotype-dependent difference has not been tested in a prospective clinical trial...
- Doubling the dose of budesonide versus maintenance treatment in asthma exacerbationsJ M FitzGerald
Respiratory Medicine, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, University of British Columbia, Vancouver General Hospital Research Pavilion, 822 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Thorax 59:550-6. 2004..Previous guidelines recommend doubling the daily dose of maintenance inhaled corticosteroid to treat or prevent progression of exacerbations of asthma...
- Determinants of maximal inspiratory pressure. The Baltimore Longitudinal Study of AgingR I Harik-Khan
Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute on Aging, Gerontology Research Center, Baltimore, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 158:1459-64. 1998..028 x age + 0.343 x weight (kg) +/- (22.4); and for women: MIP +/- SEE = 171 - 0.694 x age + 0. 861 x weight (kg) - 0.743 x height (cm) +/- (18.5). These equations may be used for the assessment of inspiratory muscle strength...
- The effect of air pollution on inner-city children with asthmaK M Mortimer
Dept of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Eur Respir J 19:699-705. 2002..nitrogen dioxide (NO2) and particles with a 50% cut-off aerodynamic diameter of 10 microm (PM10) on peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and symptoms in 846 children with a history of asthma (ages 4-9 yrs)...
- Budesonide/formoterol combination therapy as both maintenance and reliever medication in asthmaPaul M O'Byrne
Firestone Institute for Respiratory Health, St Joseph s Hospital, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 171:129-36. 2005..001), reduced severe exacerbation rate, and improved symptoms, awakenings, and lung function compared with both fixed dosing regimens...
- Detecting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease using peak flow rate: cross sectional surveyHannah Jackson
Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB
BMJ 327:653-4. 2003
- Spirometric reference values in Tunisian childrenY Trabelsi
Department of Physiology and Lung Function Testing, Sousse Faculty of Medicine, University of Center, Sousse, Tunisia
Respiration 71:511-8. 2004..In Tunisia, there are no normal values of pulmonary function for healthy Tunisian children...
- House dust mite control measures in the management of asthma: meta-analysisP C Gøtzsche
Nordic Cochrane Centre, Rigshospitalet, Department 7112, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
BMJ 317:1105-10; discussion 1110. 1998..To determine whether patients with asthma who are sensitive to mites benefit from measures designed to reduce their exposure to house dust mite antigen in the home...
- Budesonide and formoterol in a single inhaler improves asthma control compared with increasing the dose of corticosteroid in adults with mild-to-moderate asthmaUmesh G Lalloo
Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
Chest 123:1480-7. 2003....
- Budesonide/formoterol in a single inhaler for maintenance and relief in mild-to-moderate asthma: a randomized, double-blind trialKlaus F Rabe
Department of Pulmonology, C3 P, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Chest 129:246-56. 2006..To compare a novel asthma management strategy--budesonide/formoterol in a single inhaler for both maintenance therapy and symptom relief--with a higher dose of budesonide plus as-needed terbutaline...
- Mechanical ventilation of healthy rats suppresses peripheral immune functionH A Vreugdenhil
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 23:122-8. 2004..Ventilator-induced peripheral immune suppression may contribute to poor outcome in acute respiratory distress syndrome patients...
- Comparison of formoterol and terbutaline for as-needed treatment of asthma: a randomised trialA E Tattersfield
Respiratory Medicine Unit, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Lancet 357:257-61. 2001..We studied the safety and efficacy of the long-acting beta-agonist formoterol compared with terbutaline, each taken as needed, in patients with moderate to severe asthma...
- Peak flow diaries in childhood asthma are unreliableA W Kamps
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Paediatric Pulmonology, Isala Klinieken, Weezenlanden Hospital, PO Box 10500, 8000 GM Zwolle, The Netherlands
Thorax 56:180-2. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Peak flow diaries kept by asthmatic children are unreliable. Electronic peak flow meters should be used if peak flow monitoring is required in children with asthma...
- EXCEL: A randomised trial comparing salmeterol/fluticasone propionate and formoterol/budesonide combinations in adults with persistent asthmaRonald Dahl
Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Arhus, Nørrebrogada 44, DK 8000 Arhus C, Denmark
Respir Med 100:1152-62. 2006....
- Effect of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy on asthma exacerbationsP Kuna
Department of Pneumonology and Allergy, Barlicki University Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Int J Clin Pract 61:725-36. 2007..Budesonide/formoterol for maintenance and relief reduces asthma exacerbations and maintains similar daily asthma control at a lower overall drug load compared with fixed-dose salmeterol/fluticasone and budesonide/formoterol...
- Prediction formulae for lung function parameters in females of south eastern NigeriaC O Nku
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Calabar
Niger J Physiol Sci 21:43-7. 2006..equations for forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory volume at the first second (FEV(1)) and peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR)...
- Effect of PM10 pollution in Bangkok on children with and without asthmaAroonwan Preutthipan
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:187-92. 2004..the Thai national standard (24-hr average, >120 microg/m3) on daily reported respiratory symptoms and peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) of schoolchildren with and without asthma in Bangkok...
- Theophylline chronotherapy of nocturnal asthma using bathyphase of circadian rhythm in peak expiratory flow rateN Burioka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 55:142s-146s. 2001..of theophylline chronotherapy for nocturnal asthma using the changes of the circadian rhythms in peak expiratory flow rate (PEF)...
- Effects of duration of exposure to wood dust on peak expiratory flow rate among workers in small scale wood industriesSultan A Meo
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, King Saud University Riyadh, Riyadh, KSA
Int J Occup Med Environ Health 17:451-5. 2004..The objective of the study was to assess the effects of wood dust and the duration of exposure on peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and additionally, to minimize possible health risks for wood workers by providing them with ..
- Acute effects of low levels of ambient ozone on peak expiratory flow rate in a cohort of Australian childrenB B Jalaludin
Epidemiology Unit, South Western Sydney Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Int J Epidemiol 29:549-57. 2000We enrolled a cohort of primary schoolchildren with a history of wheeze (n = 148) in an 11-month longitudinal study to examine the relationship between ambient ozone concentrations and peak expiratory flow rate.
- Sex influences on lung function and medication in childhood asthmaJenny Hallberg
Division of Occupational Medicine, Department of Public Health Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 95:1191-6. 2006..To evaluate possible sex differences in prevalence, diagnosis and treatment of asthma, and influence on lung function associated with asthma severity in a population-based birth cohort (BAMSE) of 4089 children...
- A comparative study of the peak expiratory flow rate of Indian and Nepalese young adults in a teaching instituteP Debray
Department of Physiology, Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara, Nepal
JNMA J Nepal Med Assoc 47:7-11. 2008b>Peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) measurement is the easiest and cheapest method to evaluate respiratory functions...
- Circadian rhythm of peak expiratory flow rate in healthy north Indian menM Goyal
Department of Physiology, King George s Medical University, Lucknow 226 003
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 52:64-8. 2008b>Peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) variability follows a specific pattern in asthmatics as well as in healthy individuals. There is scarcity of data for Indian healthy subjects. The PEFR (L/min...
- Decline in peak expiratory flow according to hourly short-term concentration of particulate matter in asthmatic childrenHiroshi Odajima
Fukuoka National Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Inhal Toxicol 20:1263-72. 2008..In colder months we did not find any robust association between SPM and morning/evening PEF. In conclusion, an increased 3-h concentration of SPM is associated with declines in PEF in warmer months...
- Blood lead levels of the battery and exhaust workers and their pulmonary function testsC Bagci
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep, Turkey
Int J Clin Pract 58:568-72. 2004....
- Reference values for peak expiratory flow rate in adults of African descentC H Njoku
Department of Medicine, University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Trop Doct 34:135-40. 2004..They were obtained by using curvilinear formulae derived from the study of 1009 normal adult Nigerians (668 men and 341 women) between the ages of 15 years and 82 years, living and/or working in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and its hinterland...
- Comparison between PEF values obtained from a population sample in the city of São Carlos, Brazil, and reference valuesCilso Dias Paes
Departamento de Fisioterapia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 35:151-6. 2009....
- Peak expiratory flow rate of rural school children from Wardha district, Maharashtra in IndiaAmar Taksande
Department of Pediatrics, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram, Wardha, Maharashtra 442102, India
World J Pediatr 4:211-4. 2008b>Peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) recording is an essential measure in the management and evaluation of asthmatic children. The PEFR can be measured by a simple instrument--peak expiratory flow meter...
- Clinical equivalence of salmeterol/fluticasone propionate in combination (50/100 microg twice daily) when administered via a chlorofluorocarbon-free metered dose inhaler or dry powder inhaler to patients with mild-to-moderate asthmaE D Bateman
UCT Lung Institute, Groote Schuur, Cape Town, South Africa
Respir Med 95:136-46. 2001..Patients switching to SALM/FP from other MDI-based asthma treatments may now do so without a change of delivery device...
- Sensitivity and specificity of PC20 and peak expiratory flow rate in cedar asthmaJ Cote
Department of Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 85:592-8. 1990..The combination of PEFR and clinical history revealed a 100% sensitivity with a 45% specificity. Combination of PEFR and PC20 did not improve the diagnostic accuracy.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Effects of personal particulate matter on peak expiratory flow rate of asthmatic childrenChin Sheng Tang
Department of Public Health, College of Medicine, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Sci Total Environ 382:43-51. 2007..The objectives of this study are to evaluate the effects of various size ranges of PM on peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) of asthmatic children, and to compare the model performance of using different PM measurements (..
- Revisiting the accuracy of peak flow meters: a double-blind study using formal methods of agreementZ Nazir
School of Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK
Respir Med 99:592-5. 2005..However, many of these studies did not use human subjects for peak flow measurements and did not compare meters of varying usage. In this study human subjects have been used with meters of varying usage...
- Respiratory function as measured by peak expiratory flow rate and PM10: six communities studyJ T Lee
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 9:293-9. 1999..This diary study makes it possible to estimate the daily variation of pulmonary function measured as peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) related to 24-h mean PM10 levels, which were observed at each monitoring station placed in the ..
- Internet-based home asthma telemonitoring: can patients handle the technology?J Finkelstein
Department of Medical Informatics, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Chest 117:148-55. 2000..To evaluate the validity of spirometry self-testing during home telemonitoring and to assess the acceptance of an Internet-based home asthma telemonitoring system by asthma patients...
- Is home peak expiratory flow monitoring effective for controlling asthma symptoms?A M McGrath
College of Pharmacy, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
J Clin Pharm Ther 26:311-7. 2001..Although not specifically studied, PFM may be more appropriate and effective for patients who have difficulty identifying worsening of asthma control through symptom monitoring...
- Effect of bedding control on amount of house dust mite allergens, asthma symptoms, and peak expiratory flow rateInn Sook Lee
Department of Nursing, Keukdong College, Chungcheongbuk Do, Korea
Yonsei Med J 44:313-22. 2003..the effect of bedding control on the amount of house dust mite (HDM) allergens, asthma symptoms, and peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) in asthmatics sensitive to HDMs...
- Relationship between changes in interferon-gamma production by peripheral blood T cells and changes in peak expiratory flow rate in patients with chronic stable asthmaY I Koh
Division of Allergy, Department of Internal Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School and Research Institute of Medical Science, Kwangju, Korea
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1734-8. 2002..Some studies have suggested that the Th cell cytokines by peripheral blood T cells correlate with asthma severity...
- Effect of salmeterol xinafoate on lung mucociliary clearance in patients with asthmaA Hasani
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, NW3 2QG, UK
Respir Med 97:667-71. 2003..This study demonstrates that 2 weeks salmeterol treatment influences deposition of particles within the lung by increasing airway patency and indicates a beneficial effect of MDI salmeterol on lung mucociliary clearance...
- Budesonide turbuhaler delivered once daily improves health-related quality of life in adult patients with non-steroid-dependent asthmaCharles Banov
Allergy and Asthma Centers of Charleston, P A, 9165 A University Boulevard, Charleston, SC 29406, USA
Allergy Asthma Proc 24:129-36. 2003..Thus, patients with corticosteroid-naïve asthma can experience improved HRQL when using budesonide Turbuhaler...
- Underrecognition of the severity of asthma and undertreatment of asthma in a rural area of JapanKatsuyuki Tomita
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, San in Rosai Hospital, Japan
J Asthma 42:689-96. 2005..We reassessed the severity and possible undertreatment of asthma according to these guidelines in stable asthmatics...
- Control of mild to moderate asthma over 1-year with the combination of salmeterol and fluticasone propionateBo Lundbäck
Lung and Allergy Research, National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Respir Med 100:2-10. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess asthma control using salmeterol plus fluticasone propionate (FP) in combination (SFC) versus salmeterol or FP as monotherapy in patients with mild to moderate asthma...
- Add-on therapy with montelukast or formoterol in patients with the glycine-16 beta2-receptor genotypeErika J Sims
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Ninewells University Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:104-11. 2003....
- Salmeterol/fluticasone propionate (50/250 microg) combination is superior to double dose fluticasone (500 microg) for the treatment of symptomatic moderate asthmaKarl Christian Bergmann
Allergie und Asthmaklinik, Bad Lippspringe, Germany
Swiss Med Wkly 134:50-8. 2004..We compared the efficacy and safety of combined salmeterol fluticasone therapy (SFC, 50/250 microg twice daily) with twice the dose of fluticasone propionate (FP, 500 microg b.i.d.) in symptomatic asthmatics...
- Efficacy and tolerability of budesonide Clickhaler and Turbuhaler in adult asthmaA Morice
Castle Hill Hospital, Castle Road, Cottingham, East Yorkshire, UK
J Asthma 42:697-703. 2005..9 to 3.3). Secondary analyses also supported clinical comparability. This study demonstrates the comparable clinical efficacy and tolerability of budesonide Clickhaler and Turbuhaler devices in adult patients with stable asthma...
- Recognition of asthma in adolescents and young adults: which objective measure is best?Charlotte Suppli Ulrik
Department of Respiratory Diseases, Hvidovre Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Asthma 42:549-54. 2005....
- Efficacy, tolerability, and effect on asthma-related quality of life of formoterol bid via multidose dry powder inhaler and albuterol QID via metered dose inhaler in patients with persistent asthma: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, pWilliam Busse
Department of Allergy and Immunology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Clin Ther 26:1587-98. 2004..Inhaled beta(2)-agonists are widely used in asthma treatment. The design limitations of pressurized metered dose inhalers (pMDIs) have prompted the development of dry powder inhalers (DPIs) for the delivery of asthma medications...
- Efficacy and tolerability of formoterol Turbuhaler in childrenA von Berg
Marien Hospital, Wesel, Germany
Int J Clin Pract 57:852-6. 2003..05). Both doses of formoterol were as well tolerated as placebo. In conclusion, formoterol 4.5 and 9 micro b.i.d. is effective and well tolerated as maintenance therapy in children with mild to moderate asthma...
- Once-daily ciclesonide 80 or 320 microg for 12 weeks is safe and effective in patients with persistent asthmaC G Langdon
Holyport Surgery, Stroud Farm Road, Berkshire, SL62LP Holyport, UK
Respir Med 99:1275-85. 2005..Therefore, ciclesonide 80 and 320 microg administered once daily was a safe and effective maintenance treatment for patients with persistent asthma...
- Salmeterol HFA is as effective as salmeterol CFC in children and adults with persistent asthmaNarinder Chopra
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Global Commerical Strategy, Respiratory Building 38, 1 Floor, Greenford Road, Greenford, Middlesex UB6 0HE, UK
Respir Med 99:S1-S10. 2005..Together these data demonstrate salmeterol HFA MDI to be as effective as salmeterol CFC MDI in adults and children...
- Use of sequential quadrupling dose regimens to study efficacy of inhaled corticosteroids in asthmaK Phillips
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Thorax 59:21-5. 2004..We have explored the use of sequential quadrupling dose regimens and a range of end points to assess the response to budesonide in subjects with asthma...
- Comparative efficacy of once-daily therapy with inhaled corticosteroid, leukotriene antagonist or sustained-release theophylline in patients with mild persistent asthmaAhmet Selim Yurdakul
Atatürk Chest Disease and Thoracic Surgery Education and Research Hospital, Balkiraz mah, Saraycik Sok, Parlemento sit, B Blok, No 20 53, Ankara, Turkey
Respir Med 97:1313-9. 2003..Treatment with inhaled corticosteroid is preferred, but sustained-release theophylline and leukotriene antagonists are alternative controller medications in mild persistent asthma...
- Clinical and therapeutic aspects of allergic asthma in adolescentsCarlo Lombardi
Allergy and Respiratory Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, S Orsola Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:453-7. 2003..From a clinical and functional point of view, asthma in adolescents did not differ from other age ranges. Nevertheless, the management (diagnosis and therapy) emerged to be unsatisfactory from many points of view...
- Comparison of combination inhalers vs inhaled corticosteroids alone in moderate persistent asthmaDaniel K C Lee
Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY
Br J Clin Pharmacol 56:494-500. 2003....
- Initiation of maintenance treatment of persistent asthma: salmeterol/fluticasone propionate combination treatment is more effective than inhaled steroid aloneAnne Mette Strand
Medical Department, GlaxoSmithKline Denmark, 2605 Brøndby, Denmark
Respir Med 98:1008-15. 2004....
- Daily versus as-needed corticosteroids for mild persistent asthmaHomer A Boushey
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 352:1519-28. 2005....
- Sensitivity and validity of three bronchial provocation tests to demonstrate the effect of inhaled corticosteroids in asthmaHeikki O Koskela
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Chest 124:1341-9. 2003..To compare the sensitivity and validity of mannitol, histamine, and cold air challenges to demonstrate the effect of inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) in asthma...
- Formoterol used as needed improves health-related quality of life in asthmatic patients uncontrolled with inhaled corticosteroidsElisabeth Stahl
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Respir Med 97:1061-6. 2003..The symptom domain in AQLQ showed almost 0.5 units improvement after formoterol, a change that is considered to be clinically relevant...
- Low-dose theophylline in childhood asthma: a placebo-controlled, double-blind studySandra Suessmuth
Department of Paediatric Pulmonology and Neonatology, Medizinische Hochschule, Hannover, Germany
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:394-400. 2003..These results do not support a more important role of theophylline in the long-term treatment of moderate childhood asthma...
- The clinical efficacy of fluticasone propionate (Fluvent) compared with beclomethasone dipropionates (Becotide) in patients with mild to moderate brochial asthma at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, NigeriaO M Ige
Chest Unit, Department of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan
West Afr J Med 21:297-301. 2002..The drugs were well tolerated and no adverse event was noticed on any of the patients. We therefore concluded that Fluvent would be more efficacious than Becotide in the treatment of Asthma...
- Ciclesonide is more effective than budesonide in the treatment of persistent asthmaDieter Ukena
Klinik fur Pneumologie, Klinikum Bremen Ost, Züricher Str 40, 28325 Bremen, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 20:562-70. 2007..The objective of this study was to compare the efficacy and safety of once-daily ciclesonide versus once-daily budesonide in patients with asthma...
- Peak inspiratory flow rate after methacholine challenge in asthmatic patients and its impact on the effect of formoterol via different inhalersPeter Haidl
Fachkrankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie, Schmallenberg, Germany
J Aerosol Med 19:364-71. 2006..If patients fail to generate a PIMF of 30 l/min, 6 microg formoterol via Turbuhaler may provide inadequate relief in a severe asthma attack...
- The therapeutic effects of inhaled long-acting beta2-adrenergics (LABA) and corticosteroids (ICS) are not affected by their inhalation sequence in moderate/persistent asthmaR W Dal Negro
Lung Dept, Orlandi Gen Hospital, Bussolengo, Verona, Italy
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 38:153-7. 2006....
- Relationship between symptoms and objective measures of airway obstruction in asthmatic patientsC K Liam
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 19:79-83. 2001..the degree of airway obstruction as measured by the forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1) and peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) in a group of 64 asthmatic patients with clinically stable disease attending a university-based ..
- Long-acting bronchodilators in premenstrual exacerbation of asthmaR Magadle
Department of Medicine A, Hillel-Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Respir Med 95:740-3. 2001..b>Peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) and beta2-agonist consumption were recorded during three menstrual cycles in 67 females with mild-..
- [How is your asthma today?--A case report considering different parameters of asthma control]T Rothe
Luzerner Höhenklinik, Crans Montana
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:373-8. 2007..This case reports of a patient suffering from steroid dependent intrinsic asthma illustrates the different parameters being used to evaluate asthma control...
- Randomized comparison of strategies for reducing treatment in mild persistent asthmaStephen P Peters
Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
N Engl J Med 356:2027-39. 2007....
- Rescue use of beclomethasone and albuterol in a single inhaler for mild asthmaAlberto Papi
Universita di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
N Engl J Med 356:2040-52. 2007....
- Extrafine beclomethasone dipropionate breath-actuated inhaler (400 micrograms/day) versus budesonide dry powder inhaler (800 micrograms/day) in asthmaW Reichel
Arhus Kommunehospital, Denmark
Int J Clin Pract 55:100-6. 2001..767). Four (4%) patients on BDP-AH and 3 (3%) on BUD-DPI reported increased asthma symptoms. BDP-AH at half the daily dose provided equivalent asthma control to BUD-DPI; both treatments were well tolerated...
- e-NO peak versus e-NO plateau values in evaluating e-NO production in steroid-naive and in steroid-treated asthmatic children and in detecting response to inhaled steroid treatmentM Silvestri
Lung Diseases Unit, G. Gaslini Research Institute, Largo G. Gaslini 5, 16148 Genoa, Italy
Pediatr Pulmonol 31:37-43. 2001..Because of possible nasal contamination in e-NO peak measurement, we prefer e-NO plateau levels for evaluating lower airway e-NO production...
- Once daily nebulized beclomethasone is effective in maintaining pulmonary function and improving symptoms in asthmatic childrenS La Grutta
Children Hospital ARNAS, Palermo, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 67:30-8. 2007..The present study was designed to assess whether, in childhood asthma, a single dose of nebulized beclomethasone dipropionate once daily was as effective and safe as the same total daily dose administered twice daily...
- Exhaled nitric oxide for monitoring childhood asthma inflammation compared to sputum analysis, serum interleukins and pulmonary functionMaria Luisa Z Paro-Heitor
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology Unit, Instituto da Criança, Hospital das Clinicas, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:134-41. 2008..Serial measurement of FeNO seemed to best reflect the progressive anti-inflammatory action of ICS in asthma...
- Efficacy and safety of fluticasone propionate/salmeterol 250/50 mcg Diskus administered once dailyEdward M Kerwin
Clinical Research Institute of Southern Oregon, Medford, OR 97504, USA
Respir Med 102:495-504. 2008..The once daily administration of an ICS/LABA may be a treatment option for some patients...
- [Respiratory resistance measured by interrupter technique in asthmatic children. Correlation with spirometry]S C Man
Clinica Pediatrie III Cluj Napoca
Pneumologia 52:217-20. 2003..76; p < 0.05). In conclusion, Rocc values correlated well with the main spirometric parameters, and this method (Rocc) could be used as a substitute of spirometry in young children, who cannot perform forced expiratory maneuvers...
- Salmeterol vs. formoterol: a comparison of rapid bronchodilator effect in a randomized controlled trialNamrata Singhania
Pediatric Pulmonology Division, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian Pediatr 45:225-8. 2008..We conclude that salmeterol and formoterol both cause bronchodilator response at end of 60 minutes and are not different with regards to their rapid bronchodilator response...
- Efficacy and tolerability of salmeterol/fluticasone propionate versus montelukast in childhood asthma: A prospective, randomized, double-blind, double-dummy, parallel-group studyJorge Maspero
Fundacion CIDEA, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Ther 30:1492-504. 2008..Asthma control remains suboptimal in adults and children worldwide. Inhaled salmeterol/fluticasone propionate combination (SFC) and oral montelukast (MON) are 2 treatments available for childhood asthma...
- The dose-response characteristics of inhaled corticosteroids when used to treat asthma: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviewsN P Adams
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, UK
Respir Med 100:1297-306. 2006..In patients with severe disease who are dependent on oral steroids, there may be appreciable benefit in reducing oral steroids from very high compared with high doses of fluticasone...
- Once-daily dosing with budesonide/formoterol compared with twice-daily budesonide/formoterol and once-daily budesonide in adults with mild to moderate asthmaP Kuna
Division of Pneumonology and Allergy, Barlicki University Hospital, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Respir Med 100:2151-9. 2006..Budesonide/formoterol administered once daily in the evening is a convenient treatment regimen that is as effective in improving asthma control as twice-daily dosing in patients with mild to moderate persistent asthma...
- Fluticasone propionate hydrofluoroalkane inhalation aerosol in patients receiving inhaled corticosteroidsWilliam R Lumry
AARA Research Center, Dallas, TX 75231, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 96:51-9. 2006..Therefore, some metered-dose inhaler products are being reformulated with "ozone-friendly" hydrofluoroalkane propellants...
- Comparison of the efficacy of beclometasone dipropionate and fluticasone propionate suspensions for nebulization in adult patients with persistent asthmaC Terzano
University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Respir Med 97:S35-40. 2003....
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of high doses of beclometasone dipropionate suspension for nebulization and beclometasone dipropionate via a metered-dose inhaler in steroid-dependent adults with moderate to severe asthmaI Grzelewska-Rzymowska
Institute of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of TBC
Respir Med 97:S21-6. 2003....
- The response of two different dosages of beclometasone dipropionate suspension for nebulization versus a standard dose of beclometasone dipropionate via a metered-dose inhaler on bronchoprovocation testing in adults with asthmaJ Bousquet
Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, Montpellier, France
Respir Med 97:S11-4. 2003..All treatments were comparable. All treatments were equally well tolerated. No significant effects on cortisol levels were reported in any of the treatment groups...
- Formoterol Turbuhaler as reliever medication in patients with acute asthmaA R Rubinfeld
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Melbourne Hospital and Melbourne University, Australia
Eur Respir J 27:735-41. 2006....
- Nonreversible conductive airway ventilation heterogeneity in mild asthmaSylvia Verbanck
Respiratory Division, Academic Hospital, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:1380-6. 2003..We conclude that, even in the mildest forms of asthma, the most consistent pattern of non-beta(2)-agonist-reversible ventilatory heterogeneity is in the conductive lung zone, most probably in the small conductive airways...
- Epidemiology of Age-related Macular Degeneration and Other Retinal DiseasesRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., carotid artery intima-media thickness and plaques peak expiratory flow rate) as well as with changes in exposure levels over past time intervals;(2) determine the risk of AMD ..
- Project on TRAC: Improving Asthma Control in ChildrenAndrew Harver; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF PULMONARY EFFECTS OF FORMALDEHYDEDavid Kriebel; Fiscal Year: 1993..A model of formaldehyde lung dosimetry used by the U.S. EPA would be adapted to provide estimates of individual lung dose for quantitative dose response studies...
- COMMUNITY-BASED PHARMACEUTICAL CARE: A CONTROLLED TRIALMorris Weinberger; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Health Effects of CREON2000 In Asthmatic ChildrenMark Glazman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- DEMOLITION AND ASTHMA IN CHICAGO PUBLIC HOUSINGSamuel Dorevitch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Health effects studied will be asthma symptoms, peak expiratory flow rate, and exhaled nitric oxide, an indicator of pulmonary inflammation...
- NATIONAL COOPERATIVE INNER-CITY ASTHMA STUDYJames Stout; Fiscal Year: 2001..1) physiologic measures (methacholine challenge, forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV-1), peak expiratory flow rate; (2) health care use (asthma hospitalizations and acute visits to clinics and emergency rooms); and (3) ..
- OTHER FUNCTIONS - PHASE I SBIR TO DEVELOP SCREENFLOW - AN ELECTRONIC OPEN SOURCEJonathan Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2012..the 6 months, data from the Framingham Heart Study will beanalyzed to develop a model with and without peak expiratory flow rate data to predict whether a patient hasmoderate to severe COPD...
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORKVernon Chinchilli; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Promoting Children's Adherence to Asthma Self-ManagementPatricia Burkhart; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent statistics reveal an alarming increase in pediatric asthma morbidity and mortality. Peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) monitoring is integral to asthma symptom management...
- PSYCHOSOCIAL MORBIDITY IN CHILDHOOD ASTHMADEBRA FISER; Fiscal Year: 1991..symptoms in child and parent, number of school absences, family dysfunction, health locus of control, peak expiratory flow rate (an index of control of the disease), number of asthma attacks and number of emergency department visits...
- Family Clustering of Incidence & Progression of CataractBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2003..We currently have no funds to support the proposed analyses. We believe this project offers the possibility of examining important hypotheses in a large group of families in a population-based framework. ..
- PROGRESSION OF NUCLEAR DENSITY OVER A 10-YEAR INTERVALBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Linkage Studies of Quantitative Ocular TraitsBarbara Klein; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subsequent follow-up with fine mapping of areas of interest in the genome is planned. ..
- Socioeconomics Status&Respiratory/Cardiovascular HealthEdith Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..These analyses could have implications for how to time interventions to reduce health disparities in children, and for understanding the mediators that drive the relationship between SES and childhood health. ..
- Response to Beta2-Agonists in Acute Severe AsthmaNicola Hanania; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Combined Intercostal and Diaphragm PacingAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Socioeconomic Status, Stress & Asthma Biological MarkersEdith Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results from this project will allow us to begin developing models of how the larger social environment comes to affect a child's clinical course of asthma. ..
- EXPIRATORY MUSCLE ACTIVATION TO PRODUCE COUGHAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2003..Restoration of affective cough mechanism may allow patients with spinal cord injury to clear secretions more easily, reduce the incidence of respiratory complication and, ultimately, improve their life quality. ..
- Spinal Cord Stimulation to Restore Cough In HumansAnthony DiMarco; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Mental Health Assessment and Dynamic Referral for Oncology (MHADRO)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REMODELING OF HUMAN AIRWAYS IN DISEASEPeter Pare; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Acute Effects of Diesel Exhaust in Asthmatic ChildrenToby Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2008..They will also investigate associations between exhaled hydrogen a biomarker of asthma activity, and diesel exhaust exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Micellar VIP Nanoparticles for Rheumatoid ArthritisIsrael Rubinstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Promoting Asthma Self-Care in Urban African American TeensBARBARA F VELSO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings of this study will improve care to this underserved population of urban African-American teens with asthma and will have significant implications for health care providers, researchers, and policy makers. ..
- Tobacco Treatment Initiated in the Emergency DepartmentEdwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research plan includes preparing and submitting an R01 in Year 2. ..
- Asthma Surveillance and Education in Preschool SettingsSebastian Bonner; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide data on efforts at the institutional and individual levels that can be directed to reducing asthma morbidity in populations most heavily impacted by the disease. ..
- The Computer Assisted Brief Intervention for Tobacco (CABIT)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2007..g., JCAHO) and to facilitate financial reimbursement of tobacco counseling covered by Medicare and other third party providers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Asthma Communication in Minority FamiliesArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF MUSCLE BLOOD FLOW IN OLDER WOMEN AND MENDavid Proctor; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Strategies to Improve COPD ManagementRichard Casaburi; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should have immediate impact on treatment strategies for large poor-prognosis subgroups of COPD patients. ..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORK (ACRN)Stephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Influence of Genetics and Air Pollution Exposures on Birth OutcomesKathleen Mortimer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Study designs that allow for cost-efficient participant recruitment and sample collection would guide future cohort studies of children's environmental health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prospective Investigation of Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIICHARLES HALES; Fiscal Year: 2008..The Massachusetts General Hospital adds to the strength of PIOPED III by showing that Gd-MRA/MRV can be used successful!} for the diiagnosis of VTE in a tertiary care hospital. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Multicenter Pilot Studies for ED Tobacco InterventionsEdwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel Risk Factors for Chronic Kidney DiseaseRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The new data may provide insights into the relative protective value of low levels of these markers on the incidence CKD in an aging population. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Distal Lung Inflammation Effect on Asthma ExacerbationsDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study has the potential to clarify the contribution of the "silent zone" to the persistent morbidity encountered with asthma. ..
- Models and technologies for defining phenotypeEugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2006..A heavy emphasis will be placed on discussing, demonstrating, and where feasible performing approaches and techniques useful for characterization of "phenotype" ..
- The Dynamic Assessment and Referral System for Substance Abuse (DARSSA)Edwin Boudreaux; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., Medicare). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EFFECTS OF MISSPECIFICATION IN LONGITUDINAL MODELSMari Palta; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- INITIAL RESPIRATORY RESPONSES WELDING APPRENTICESChristina Holcroft; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recommendations will be made for the most effective respiratory and exposure variables to use in epidemiological assessments. Assessment of determinants of exposure will also be useful for consideration of exposure control options. ..
- HOME NURSE INTERVENTION FOR IUDE INFANTS--3 YR FOLLOW UPArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data will be of significant use to researchers, health care providers, insurers and policy makers. ..
- INHALED PARTICLE CHARACTERISTICS AND EARLY LUNG EFFECTSWilliam Beckett; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that the results will help to determine whether there are differential effects for equal mass exposures to fine particles of different size fractions in the pathogenesis of COPD ..
- TESTING INTERVENTIONS IN PEDIATRIC ASTHMAElizabeth McQuaid; Fiscal Year: 2002..Exploratory analyses will investigate mediators of behavior change. Results will be used to design a larger, randomized controlled trial comparing behavioral feedback to asthma education. ..
- ASTHMA CLINICAL RESEARCH NETWORKFrank Leone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Other planned studies are also briefly discussed, with the understanding that they could be modified or replaced in response to new information, new therapies, or changing clinical research priorities. ..
- LUNG HEALTH STUDY--LONG TERM FOLLOW UPDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2002..All ten of the original LHS clinical centers plan to participate in this study. To minimize bias, all surviving participants of the LHS will be invited to participate, giving a potential sample size of 5600. ..
- WISCONSIN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- ASTHMA AND EXPOSURE TO PEAKS IN PARTICULATE AIR POLLUTRALPH DELFINO; Fiscal Year: 2001..This research is expected to have an impact on decisions regarding the protection of health in populations frequently exposed to higher particle excursions. ..
- RISK FACTORS FOR ATHEROGENESIS IN TYPE 1 DIABETESMari Palta; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such information is critical in directing further efforts toward primary prevention of atherosclerosis in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. ..
- SCLERODERMA LUNG STUDYDonald Tashkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX IICHARLES HALES; Fiscal Year: 2003..The protocol parallels standard diagnostic strategy, without subjecting the patients to risk entirely for the acquisition of data. ..
- Protective Factors in Urban Children with AsthmaDaphne Koinis Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will be used to design a culturally sensitive asthma intervention to enhance asthma management behaviors of ethnic minority, urban and poor families. ..
- Pediatric Asthma, Particulate Air Pollution and NO2RALPH DELFINO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Long-term goals are to improve knowledge about the independent and combined adverse effects of particulate and gaseous air pollutants by examining acute exposures and responses using ambulatory monitoring methods. ..
- Microvascular - Macrovascular Disease in Type 2 DiabetesRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CONTROL OF IGE MEDIATED PULMONARY INFLAMMATION IN HUMANSStephen Peters; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis-Eye StudyRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2005..insights into the relative contribution of microvascular disease to the pathophysiology and natural history of subclinical and clinical cardiovascular disease, in representative populations of men and women of diverse ethnicities ..
- IDENTIFICATION OF AN ASTHMA SUSCEPTIBILITY GENE ON 3PEugene Bleecker; Fiscal Year: 2004..As part of this project, it will be very important to interact with other funded investigators to determine the impact of each genetic locus and to investigate gene-gene interactions. ..
- Cumulative Risks and Asthma Morbidity in Urban ChildrenDaphne Koinis Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from this study will enable future studies testing moderators that may enhance asthma-related functioning in urban children. ..
- A+ Asthma Rural PartnershipArlene Butz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings of this study will be important to clinicians, researchers, and health policy makers. ..
- Preparation and Distribution of the NUJLSOAEileen Crimmins; Fiscal Year: 2003..In order to acquire use of the data, researchers must agree to use the data only for research purposes and not to use data to describe or identify individuals. ..
- RISK FACTORS IN BRONCHOPULMONARY DYSPLASIAMari Palta; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- RETINAL ARTERIOLAR ABNORMALITIES AND CV MORTALITYRonald Klein; Fiscal Year: 2002..Data from this study will improve the understanding of the association between microvascular characteristics and cardiovascular mortality. ..