Genomes and Genes
Summary: Classic quantitative assay for detection of antigen-antibody reactions using a radioactively labeled substance (radioligand) either directly or indirectly to measure the binding of the unlabeled substance to a specific antibody or other receptor system. Non-immunogenic substances (e.g., haptens) can be measured if coupled to larger carrier proteins (e.g., bovine gamma-globulin or human serum albumin) capable of inducing antibody formation.
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of a radioimmunoassay and establishment of a reference interval for salivary cortisol in healthy subjects in DenmarkA M Hansen
Department of Physiology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 63:303-10. 2003A commercial radioimmunoassay (RA) for salivary cortisol was evaluated using certified reference material in water and spiked to pooled saliva in the range 2.1-89.1 nmol/L...
- Formation of antibodies against infliximab and adalimumab strongly correlates with functional drug levels and clinical responses in rheumatoid arthritisT R D J Radstake
Department of Rheumatology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Geert Grooteplein 8, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1739-45. 2009..Tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) neutralising antibody constructs are increasingly being used to treat rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Radioimmunoassay of a bovine pregnancy-associated glycoprotein in serum: its application for pregnancy diagnosisA P Zoli
, , , Belgique
Biol Reprod 46:83-92. 1992..These results suggest that detection of this placental-specific antigen in the serum could be used as a specific serological method for early pregnancy diagnosis in cattle from 28 days after breeding...
- Evaluation of enzyme immunoassay and radioimmunoassay methods for the measurement of plasma oxytocinAngela Szeto
Behavioral Medicine Research Center and Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, USA
Psychosom Med 73:393-400. 2011..was to compare methods for plasma oxytocin measurement using a commercially available enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and radioimmunoassay (RIA), to evaluate the need for sample extraction, and to assess the immunospecificity of the assays.
- Discordance in thyroglobulin measurements by radioimmunoassay and immunometric assay: a useful means of identifying thyroglobulin assay interferenceMichael S Crane
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 50:421-32. 2013..We determined Tg assay discordance between a radioimmunoassay (RIA) and one of two immunometric assays (IMA) in DTC patients over a 9-year period to gauge assay ..
- Long-term follow-up of Hepatitis B Surface antibody levels in subjects receiving universal Hepatitis B vaccination in infancy in an area of hyperendemicity: correlation between radioimmunoassay and enzyme immunoassayChing Wen Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Hepatitus Research Center, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:1442-7. 2005..the anti-HBs levels measured by enzyme immunoassay (EIA) were closely correlated with those assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) methods during long-term monitoring...
- Measurement of 25-OH-vitamin D in human serum using liquid chromatography tandem-mass spectrometry with comparison to radioimmunoassay and automated immunoassayJohannes M W Van Den Ouweland
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:1163-8. 2010..We compared the LC-MS/MS assay to the DiaSorin radioimmunoassay (RIA) and a recently re-standardised version of an automated electrochemiluminescent immunoassay (ECLIA) from ..
- Plasma estrone sulfate assay in men: Comparison of radioimmunoassay, mass spectrometry coupled to gas chromatography (GC-MS), and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)Frank Giton
AP HP CIB GHU Sud, Hopital Henri Mondor, Faculte de Medecine, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil, France
Clin Chim Acta 411:1208-13. 2010..A convenient and accurate plasma assay of this steroid has become important...
- Association of estrogen receptor-alpha and progesterone receptor A expression with hormonal mammary carcinogenesis: role of the host microenvironmentGuadalupe Montero Girard
Instituto de Investigaciones Oncológicas, Academia Nacional de Medicina, 3092 Las Heras, Buenos Aires 1425, Argentina
Breast Cancer Res 9:R22. 2007..Finally, we evaluated whether the differences found between BALB/c and C57BL/6 mouse strains were due to intrinsic differences in epithelial cells...
- Prodynorphin knockout mice demonstrate diminished age-associated impairment in spatial water maze performanceXuan V Nguyen
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, 310 Whitney Henrickson Facility, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Behav Brain Res 161:254-62. 2005..Quantitative radioimmunoassay demonstrated that dynorphin A levels in frontal cortex, but not hippocampus, of 12- and 24-month mice were ..
- Comparison of the ability of three radioimmunoassay to detect pregnancy-associated glycoproteins in bovine plasmaZ S Perényi
Department of Physiology of Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Belgium
Reprod Domest Anim 37:100-4. 2002..Three different radioimmunoassay systems (RIA 1, RIA 2 and RIA 3) using antisera produced against PAG I67 (RIA 1), PAG55+62 (RIA 2) and PAG55+..
- The endogenous opioid system in human alcoholics: molecular adaptations in brain areas involved in cognitive control of addictionIgor Bazov
Division of Biological Research on Drug Dependence, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
Addict Biol 18:161-9. 2013..by quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR), and levels of dynorphins by radioimmunoassay (RIA) in post-mortem specimens obtained from 14 alcoholics and 14 controls...
- Aspartic proteinase members secreted by the ruminant placenta: specificity of three radioimmunoassay systems for the measurement of pregnancy-associated glycoproteinsZ S Perényi
Department of Physiology of Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Reprod Domest Anim 37:324-9. 2002..and pathological conditions at various concentrations, it was necessary to determine the specificity of three radioimmunoassay (RIA) systems currently used for the detection of PAG molecules...
- Meal-induced 24-hour profile of circulating glycated insulin in type 2 diabetic subjects measured by a novel radioimmunoassayJohn R Lindsay
Regional Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast, Ireland and the School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Metabolism 52:631-5. 2003..We measured 24-hour profiles of plasma glycated insulin, using a novel radioimmunoassay (RIA), to evaluate the effects of meal stimulation and intermittent fasting on circulating concentrations of ..
- Accuracy of ultrasonography and pregnancy-associated glycoprotein test for pregnancy diagnosis in buffaloesA Karen
Theriogenology Department, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafr El Sheikh University, Egypt
Theriogenology 68:1150-5. 2007..to evaluate and compare the accuracy of transrectal ultrasonography and pregnancy-associated glycoprotein radioimmunoassay (PAG-RIA) test for diagnosis of pregnancy in buffaloes...
- Low sex steroids, high steroid receptors: Increasing the sensitivity of the nonreproductive brainVirginie Canoine
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:57-67. 2007..This unusual seasonal receptor regulation may represent a means for the year-round regulation of vertebrate aggressive behavior via steroids by increasing the brain's sensitivity to sex steroids during the nonbreeding season...
- Alkylphenol xenoestrogens with varying carbon chain lengths differentially and potently activate signaling and functional responses in GH3/B6/F10 somatomammotropesMikhail Y Kochukov
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0645, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:723-30. 2009..Their rapid nongenomic effects that depend on structure for cell signaling and resulting functions are unknown...
- Comparison of radioimmunoassay and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for determination of juvenile hormone titersZhaorigetu Chen
Section of Integrative Biology, School of Biological Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin, TX 78712, USA
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:799-807. 2007..sanguinipes, a migratory grasshopper, and Acyrthosiphon pisum, the pea aphid, using a chiral-specific JH radioimmunoassay (RIA) and liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), after extraction of JH with either ..
- Detection of Japanese encephalitis virus immunoglobulin M antibodies in serum by antibody capture radioimmunoassayD S Burke
J Clin Microbiol 15:353-61. 1982..IgM) antibodies to Japanese encephalitis (JE) virus was developed by using the antibody capture solid-phase radioimmunoassay approach (JE IgM ACRIAAA)...
- Effects of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor-1 antagonists on the brain stress system responses to morphine withdrawalJavier Navarro-Zaragoza
Department of Pharmacology, University School of Medicine, University of Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Mol Pharmacol 77:864-73. 2010..However, CRF1R activation may not contribute to the functional interaction between NA and CRF systems in mediating morphine withdrawal-activation of brain stress neurocircuitry...
- Sex steroid dependence of carotenoid-based coloration in female zebra finchesKevin J McGraw
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Physiol Behav 88:347-52. 2006....
- Isolation, purification, and characterization of pregnancy-specific protein B from elk and moose placentaF Huang
Department of Animal and Veterinary Science, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844, USA
Biol Reprod 61:1056-61. 1999..These data show that moose and elk PSPB have properties similar to those of bovine and ovine PSPB...
- Regulation of progesterone levels during pregnancy and parturition by signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 and 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenaseRoland P Piekorz
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:431-40. 2005....
- Chronic morphine accelerates the progression of lipopolysaccharide-induced sepsis to septic shockFrank M Ocasio
Department of Biology, Seton Hall University, 400 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079, USA
J Neuroimmunol 149:90-100. 2004..Our study presents both the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the potentiated LPS-induced inflammation and accelerated progression to septic shock seen with chronic morphine exposure...
- Estrogen receptor-alpha knockout mice exhibit resistance to the developmental effects of neonatal diethylstilbestrol exposure on the female reproductive tractJ F Couse
Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Dev Biol 238:224-38. 2001....
- Human chorionic gonadotropin and testosterone in normal and preeclamptic pregnancies in relation to fetal sexJohan Arnt Steier
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bergen, Norway
Obstet Gynecol 100:552-6. 2002..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of fetal gender on serum human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and testosterone in normotensive and preeclamptic pregnancies...
- Purification and characterization of a bovine pregnancy-associated glycoproteinA P Zoli
, Bruxelles, Belgique
Biol Reprod 45:1-10. 1991..According to some characteristics (e.g. the molecular weight), the purified bPAG may correspond to a form of the pregnancy-specific protein B previously described by Sasser and colleagues (Biol Reprod 1986; 35:936-942)...
- Expression of peptide YY in human brain and pituitary tissuesRyo Morimoto
Division of Nephrology, Endocrinology, and Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nutrition 24:878-84. 2008Expression of peptide YY (PYY) in the human brain and pituitary tissues was studied by radioimmunoassay, immunocytochemistry, and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction...
- Hu and voltage-gated calcium channel (VGCC) antibodies related to the prognosis of small-cell lung cancerS E Monstad
Department of Neurology, 200301028, Haukeland University Hospital, Jonas Liesvei 65, Bergen 5021, Norway
J Clin Oncol 22:795-800. 2004..These antibodies may reduce tumor growth in patients with the neurologic disease, but it is not clear whether they provide prognostic information in those without neurologic symptoms...
- Pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAG) as pregnancy markers in the ruminantsN M Sousa
Physiology of Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, B 4000, Liege, Belgium
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:153-71. 2006..It is especially helpful in the diagnosis of gestation and in detection of embryonic mortality as a non stressed method in the pregnancy management in the ruminants...
- Sexual experience of male rats influences anxiety-like behavior and androgen levelsKassandra L Edinger
Department of Biological Sciences, The University at Albany SUNY, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, United States
Physiol Behav 92:443-53. 2007..Thus, sexual experience is associated with lower levels of anxiety-like behavior and higher levels of androgen secretion...
- Routine monitoring of antibiotics in water and wastewater with a radioimmunoassay techniqueShinwoo Yang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1372, USA
Water Res 38:3155-66. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the use of a relatively simple coupled solid-phase extraction (SPE)/radioimmunoassay (RIA) method for screening and/or monitoring tetracycline (TC) and sulfonamide (SA) compounds in water...
- The medial amygdala modulates body weight but not neuroendocrine responses to chronic stressM B Solomon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 22:13-23. 2010..In addition, the data suggest that the MeA may be an important neural component for the control of body weight in the face of chronic stress...
- Measurement of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 (25OHD3) and 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 (25OHD2) in human serum using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and its comparison to a radioimmunoassay methodHuiping Chen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Chim Acta 391:6-12. 2008..We developed a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method to measure 25OHD(3) and 25OHD(2) in human serum and compared it to the traditionally used DiaSorin radioimmunoassay (RIA).
- Central adaptation to chronic administration of interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) in ratsSheba M J MohanKumar
Department of Pathobiology and Diagnostic Investigation, Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Brain Res Bull 62:71-6. 2003....
- Analytical, physiologic, and clinical validation of a radioimmunoassay for measurement of procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid obtained from dogsSimone Schuller
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, University of Liege, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 67:749-55. 2006To validate a radioimmunoassay for measurement of procollagen type III amino terminal propeptide (PIIINP) concentrations in canine serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and investigate the effects of physiologic and pathologic ..
- Radioimmunoassay and tandem mass spectrometry measurement of bedtime salivary cortisol levels: a comparison of assays to establish hypercortisolismSmita K Baid
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3102-7. 2007..Although bedtime salivary cortisol measurement has been proposed as the optimal screening test for the diagnosis of Cushing's syndrome, its performance using commercially available assays has not been widely evaluated...
- Biochemical and physiological validation of a corticosteroid radioimmunoassay for plasma and fecal samples in oldfield mice (Peromyscus polionotus)T Good
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Princeton University, 106A Guyot Hall, Washington Road, Princeton, NJ 8544 1003, USA
Physiol Behav 80:405-11. 2003..In this paper, we validated the corticosterone (CORT) 125I-radioimmunoassay (ICN Pharmaceuticals) for plasma and fecal samples in a small rodent species, the oldfield mouse (Peromyscus ..
- 7-Hydroxydehydroepiandrosterone epimers in human serum and saliva. Comparison of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and radioimmunoassayM Hill
Institute of Endocrinology, Prague, Czech Republic
J Chromatogr A 935:297-307. 2001..Besides serum, these steroids were, for the first time, measured in saliva where their concentrations were about five times lower. 7alpha- and 7beta-epimer levels correlated well in both body fluids and they were larger in male...
- Chicken insulin-like growth factor-I: amino acid sequence, radioimmunoassay, and plasma levels between strains and during growthF J Ballard
CSIRO Division of Human Nutrition, Adelaide, Australia
Gen Comp Endocrinol 79:459-68. 1990..Chicken IGF-I (cIGF-I) has been measured using a radioimmunoassay with a human IGF-I (hIGF-I) standard and an antibody raised against hIGF-I...
- A generalized fecal glucocorticoid assay for use in a diverse array of nondomestic mammalian and avian speciesS K Wasser
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 120:260-75. 2000....
- Salivary testosterone determination in studies of child health and developmentD A Granger
Departments of Biobehavioral Health and Sociology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, 16802 6509, USA
Horm Behav 35:18-27. 1999..It may help many child development researchers improve or expand their research activities...
- Development and validation of a sensitive enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for blood plasma cortisol in female cattle, buffaloes, and goatsR Yadav
Dairy Cattle Physiology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal 132001, India
Domest Anim Endocrinol 45:72-8. 2013....
- Radioimmunoassay for the carboxy-terminal cross-linking domain of type IV (basement membrane) procollagen in body fluids. Characterization and application to collagen type IV metabolism in fibrotic liver diseaseD Schuppan
J Clin Invest 78:241-8. 1986..A radioimmunoassay was developed using rabbit antiserum. Intra- and interassay coefficients of variation were 4.7% and 5...
- Early overnutrition results in early-onset arcuate leptin resistance and increased sensitivity to high-fat dietMaria M Glavas
Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 Northwest 185th Avenue, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Endocrinology 151:1598-610. 2010..These studies suggest that early overnutrition can permanently alter energy homeostasis and significantly increase susceptibility to obesity and insulin resistance...
- Development of a competitive radioimmunoassay for glypican-3 and the clinical application in diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinomaQianyun Zhang
School of Science, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, Beijing 100029, China
Clin Biochem 43:1003-8. 2010..Glypican-3 (GPC3) is a promising specific tumor maker for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). The aim of this study is to establish a method to detect serum GPC3 and evaluate the clinical application on clinical diagnosis...
- Diabetes Antibody Standardization Program: evaluation of assays for insulin autoantibodiesM Schlosser
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Research Group of Predictive Diagnostics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Diabetologia 53:2611-20. 2010..The Diabetes Antibody Standardization Program (DASP) aims to improve and standardise measurement of autoantibodies associated with type 1 diabetes. We report the results of measurement of IAA from DASP workshops in 2002, 2003 and 2005...
- First salivary screening of celiac disease by detection of anti-transglutaminase autoantibody radioimmunoassay in 5000 Italian primary schoolchildrenMargherita Bonamico
Departments of Paediatrics, La Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 52:17-20. 2011..The aim was to identify CD in 6- to 8-year-old children for a timely diagnosis, start gluten-free diet (GFD) in compliant subjects, achieve the growth target, and prevent CD complications...
- Effects of adrenocorticotropic hormone challenge and age on hair cortisol concentrations in dairy cattleMarcela del Rosario González-de-la-Vara
Departamento de Etología, Fauna Silvestre y Animales de Laboratorio, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Coyoacan, Mexico
Can J Vet Res 75:216-21. 2011..The aims in this study were: to measure cortisol concentration in cow and calves hair by radioimmunoassay (RIA), to test cortisol accumulation in bovine hair after adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) challenges, and ..
- Utilizing isotope dilution-matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry as a reference procedure for the radioimmunoassay of serum thyroxineYu Chang Tyan
Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Chim Acta 420:99-103. 2013..Data on human thyroid hormone metabolism were gathered since the middle of the 1970s mainly by the use of radioactive iodinated ((125)I or (131)I) hormones...
- Purification of pregnancy-associated glycoproteins from late-pregnancy Bubalus bubalis placentas and development of a radioimmunoassay for pregnancy diagnosis in water buffalo femalesOlimpia Barbato
Department of Biopathological Veterinary Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, 06126, Italy
BMC Vet Res 9:89. 2013..Here, we describe the purification of several pregnancy-associated glycoproteins from water buffalo placenta (wbPAGs). A specific radioimmunoassay (RIA) was developed for early pregnancy diagnosis in buffalo species.
- Triple chimeric islet autoantigen IA2-ZnT8WR to facilitate islet autoantibody determinationLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, United States
J Immunol Methods 353:20-3. 2010..The chimeric assay provides an efficient and economical technique to screen for islet autoantibodies reacting with IA-2 and ZnT8...
- Development of a radioimmunoassay for the measurement of Bisphenol A in biological samplesNisrin Kaddar
Université de Lyon 1 ISBP, France
Anal Chim Acta 645:1-4. 2009..92) or HPLC coupled to a fluorescence detector (r2 = 0.80). In conclusion, we described a BPA-RIA that is a suitable tool for evaluating human exposure to BPA...
- Radioimmunoassay for autoantibodies against interferon omega; its use in the diagnosis of autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type IBergithe E Oftedal
Section of Endocrinology, Institute of Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Clin Immunol 129:163-9. 2008..It provides an alternative, sensitive and specific diagnostic test for APS I, and an ideal screening tool to precede mutational analyses of the AIRE gene in suspected APS I cases...
- A comparison of serum and EDTA plasma in the measurement of glutamic acid decarboxylase autoantibodies (GADA) and autoantibodies to islet antigen-2 (IA-2A) using the RSR radioimmunoassay (RIA) and enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kitsKobra Rahmati
Unit for Diabetes and Celiac Disease, Wallenberg Laboratory, University Hospital MAS, Malmo, Sweden
Clin Lab 54:227-35. 2008..Glutamic acid decarboxylase antibodies (GADA) and tyrosine phosphatase antibodies (islet antigen-2 antibodies; IA-2A) are used in clinical practise to identify type 1 diabetes...
- Correlation of five radioimmunoassay systems for measurement of bovine plasma pregnancy-associated glycoprotein concentrations at early pregnancy periodA Ayad
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Res Vet Sci 86:377-82. 2009..In this study, the correlation between five radioimmunoassay systems (RIA-497, RIA-706, RIA-780, RIA-809 and RIA-Pool) developed for measurement of PAG concentrations in ..
- Development and analytic validation of a radioimmunoassay for the quantification of canine calprotectin in serum and feces from dogsRomy M Heilmann
Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Am J Vet Res 69:845-53. 2008To develop and analytically validate a radioimmunoassay (RIA) for the quantification of canine calprotectin (cCP) in serum and fecal extracts of dogs...
- An optimised, highly sensitive radioimmunoassay for the simultaneous measurement of estrone, estradiol and estrone sulfate in the ultra-low range in human plasma samplesJurgen Geisler
Institute of Medicine, Section of Oncology, University of Bergen, Norway
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 109:90-5. 2008..We describe here an optimised radioimmunoassay suitable for the simultaneous measurement of plasma estrone (E1), estradiol (E2) and estrone sulfate (E1S) ..
- Comparison of radioimmunoassay and chemiluminescent assay methods to estimate canine blood cortisol concentrationsN J Russell
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Division of Veterinary Clinical Science, Murdoch University, WA 6150, Australia
Aust Vet J 85:487-94. 2007..assay methods are widely used in commercial laboratories to measure canine blood cortisol concentrations, despite a paucity of published validity data of these tests compared with the traditional 'gold standard' radioimmunoassay.
- Pregnancy-associated glycoprotein profile during the first trimester of pregnancy in Egyptian buffalo cowsK A El-Battawy
Department of Animal Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, National Research Center, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
Reprod Domest Anim 44:161-6. 2009..concentrations between pregnant and non-pregnant animals starting at day 28 after breeding suggests that PAG-radioimmunoassay could be suitable for pregnancy diagnosis in buffaloes during this period...
- C1q solid-phase radioimmunoassay: evidence for detection of antibody directed against the collagen-like region of C1q in sera from patients with systemic lupus erythematosusS Uwatoko
Division of Immunology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 69:98-106. 1987..C1q-binding IgG in the sera from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) tested by C1q solid-phase radioimmunoassay is cofractionated with monomeric IgG on gel filtration and mostly binds to C1q via the F(ab')2 region...
- Examination of the tissue ghrelin expression of rats with diet-induced obesity using radioimmunoassay and immunohistochemical methodsSuleyman Aydin
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry Firat Hormones Research Group, School of Medicine, Firat University Hospital, Firat University, Elazig 23119, Turkey
Mol Cell Biochem 365:165-73. 2012..using avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex (ABC) method, while tissue ghrelin amounts were analyzed using radioimmunoassay (RIA) method...
- Development of radioimmunoassay for bullfrog thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH): effects of hypothalamic releasing hormones on the release of TSH from the pituitary in vitroReiko Okada
Department of Biology, School of Education, Waseda University, Nishiwaseda 1 6 1, Shinjuku ku, 169 8050, Tokyo, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 135:42-50. 2004..The antiserum was used for the development of a specific and sensitive radioimmunoassay (RIA) for the measurement of bullfrog TSH. The sensitivity of the RIA was 0.75+/-0...
- Analysis of pancreatic islet cells and hormone content in the spontaneously diabetic KKAy mouse by morphometry, immunocytochemistry and radioimmunoassayA R Diani
Diabetic and Gastrointestinal Diseases Research, Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat Histopathol 412:53-61. 1987..C57BL/6 mice was examined by morphometry and immunocytochemistry at the light microscopic level and by radioimmunoassay to evaluate the morphology, surface area, endocrine cell composition and hormone content of the pancreatic ..
- Radioimmunoassay for plasma C-type natriuretic peptide determination: a methodological evaluationSilvia Del Ry
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 43:641-5. 2005..We evaluated the analytical performance of a commercially available radioimmunoassay for CNP after a preliminary extraction with Sep-Pak C18...
- The adrenocortical response of greater sage grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus) to capture, ACTH injection, and confinement, as measured in fecal samplesM D Jankowski
Zoology Department and Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, 1117 West Johnson Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Physiol Biochem Zool 82:190-201. 2009..Therefore, we validated a radioimmunoassay that measures immunoreactive corticosterone metabolites (ICM) in fecal samples and used it to characterize ..
- Comparison of free testosterone results by analog radioimmunoassay and calculated free testosterone in an ambulatory clinical populationSergio A Moreno
Men s Health Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 7:1948-53. 2010..Calculated FT (cFT), derived from total testosterone (TT) and sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG) values has been recommended in its place. There are limited data comparing aFT and cFT in clinical populations...
- Non-invasive measurement of thyroid hormone in feces of a diverse array of avian and mammalian speciesSamuel K Wasser
Center for Conservation Biology, Department of Biology, University of Washington, P O Box 351800, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 168:1-7. 2010..Results suggest that thyroid hormone can be accurately and reliably measured in feces, providing important indices for environmental physiology across a diverse array of birds and mammals...
- Assessment of plasma profile of pregnancy-associated glycoprotein (PAG) in sheep with a heterologous (anti-caPAG55+59) RIA and its potential for diagnosing pregnancyR A Ledezma-Torres
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Theriogenology 66:906-12. 2006..associated glycoprotein (PAG)-profiles throughout pregnancy in a heterogenous sample of sheep using a radioimmunoassay with a heterologous antibody (anti-caPAG(55+59), #708) and utilize them for the purpose of pregnancy ..
- Radioimmunoassay of milk progesterone as a tool for fertility control in smallholder dairy farmsM Shamsuddin
Department of Surgery and Obstetrics, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Trop Anim Health Prod 38:85-92. 2006This study focused on the use of radioimmunoassay of progesterone in milk for the diagnosis of post-partum ovarian cyclicity and accurate detection of oestrus and non-pregnancy in cows in the artificial insemination (AI) programme in ..
- Radioimmunoassay quantification of adrenomedullin in human gingival crevicular fluidFionnuala T Lundy
Oral Science Research Centre, School of Dentistry, Queen s University, Grosvenor Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland BT12 6BP, UK
Arch Oral Biol 51:334-8. 2006....
- Comparison of five radioimmunoassay systems for PAG measurement: ability to detect early pregnancy in cowsA Ayad
Laboratory of Physiology of Animal Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Reprod Domest Anim 42:433-40. 2007..limit, reproducibility, accuracy, specificity and parallelism of different pregnancy-associated glycoprotein radioimmunoassay (PAG-RIA) systems: RIA-497, RIA-706, RIA-780, RIA-809 and RIA-Pool...
- Use of a homologous radioimmunoassay (RIA) to evaluate the effect of maternal and foetal parameters on pregnancy-associated glycoprotein (PAG) concentrations in sheepLeen Vandaele
Department of Reproduction, Obstetrics and Herd Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, 133 Salisburylaan, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Theriogenology 63:1914-24. 2005..study evaluates the effect of these parameters on the ovPAG concentration, determined by a homologous radioimmunoassay (RIA), and it further investigates the possibility to predict the number of lambs by means of homologous ..
- Behavioral characterization of A/J and C57BL/6J mice using a multidimensional test: association between blood plasma and brain magnesium-ion concentration with anxietyMarijke C Laarakker
Division of Animal Welfare and Laboratory Animal Science, Department of Animals in Science and Society, Program Emotion and Cognition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Physiol Behav 102:205-19. 2011..These results emphasize the hypothesized, and possibly causal, association between magnesium status and emotionality...
- Screening of Vitamin D activity (VDA) of Solanum glaucophyllum leaves measured by radioimmunoassay (RIA)Susana Gil
Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Chorroarin 280 1427, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 103:483-6. 2007..02+0.35X [R=0.81; P=0,0002; N=15], allowing us to conclude that this novel assay could be used to estimate the amount of this active principle contained in SG leaves...
- Correlation of thyroglobulin concentrations measured by radioimmunoassay and immunoradiometric assay and the influence of thyroglobulin antibodyMarijana Stanojevic
School of Medicine, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
J Immunoassay Immunochem 30:197-207. 2009..Our objective was to determine the concentration of Tg by radioimmunoassay and immunoradiometric assay, to compare the values obtained and to investigate the influence of TgAbs on ..
- Radioimmunoassay for the measurement of adenosine 3',5'-cyclic phosphateA L Steiner
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 64:367-73. 1969A sensitive and specific radioimmunoassay for adenosine 3',5'-cyclic phosphate (cyclic AMP) has been developed which allows measurement of the nucleotide in extracts of 5-10 mg of tissue...
- A rapid LC-MS-MS method for the determination of nicotine and cotinine in serum and saliva samples from smokers: validation and comparison with a radioimmunoassay methodG D Byrd
Product Evaluation Department, R J Reynolds Tobacco Company, Winston Salem, NC 27102, USA
J Chromatogr Sci 43:133-40. 2005..When compared with an existing radioimmunoassay method in our laboratory, the LC-MS-MS method gives improved accuracy, precision, and sample throughput.
- Ability of ubiquitin radioimmunoassay to discriminate between monoubiquitin and multi-ubiquitin chainsK Takada
Department of Biochemistry I, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1290:282-8. 1996..For this purpose, we developed a radioimmunoassay specific to monoubiquitin by employing antiserum US-1 against ubiquitin...
- Regulation of neurotrophic peptide expression in sympathetic neurons: quantitative analysis using radioimmunoassay and real-time quantitative polymerase chain reactionBeatrice M Girard
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Regul Pept 109:89-101. 2002..The shorter depolarization-induced PACAP transcripts exhibit longer half-lives, suggesting that the short proPACAP mRNA variant may function to impart PACAP translational efficiency and sustain PACAP peptide production...
- Characterization of 111In and 177Lu-labeled antibodies binding to CD44v6 using a novel automated radioimmunoassayMarika Nestor
Unit of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Mol Recognit 21:179-83. 2008..The obtained results were in agreement with previously reported findings. In addition the real-time detection and higher time resolution made more detailed studies of the interactions possible...
- Hormonal monitoring of ovarian activity using the Ovarian Monitor, part I. Validation of home and laboratory results obtained during ovulatory cycles by comparison with radioimmunoassayLeonard F Blackwell
Department of Chemistry, Institute of Fundamental Sciences, Massey University, Private Box 11222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Steroids 68:465-76. 2003..to the WHO Reference Laboratory in London where they were analysed for E1G and PdG by the Monitor and by radioimmunoassay (RIA)...
- Comparison of thyrotropin-receptor antibodies measured by four commercially available methods with a bioassay that uses Fisher rat thyroid cellsCarol M Preissner
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street S W, Rochester, MN 55905
Clin Chem 49:1402-4. 2003
- Inhibition of testosterone production by propylthiouracil in rat Leydig cellsYu Chung Chiao
Department of Physiolog, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, No 155 Section 2, Li Nung Street, Taipei 11221, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biol Reprod 67:416-22. 2002..These results suggest that PTU acts directly on rat Leydig cells to diminish testosterone production by inhibiting P450(scc) function and StAR expression...
- Radioimmunoassay for N-terminal probrain natriuretic peptide in human plasmaH Schulz
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 61:33-42. 2001..Our aim in this study was to develop a radioimmunoassay for N-terminal proBNP, to compare its plasma concentrations in control subjects and in patients with end-..
- A comparison of immunometric and radioimmunoassay measurement of ACTH for the differential diagnosis of Cushing's syndromeJ R Lindsay
Reproductive Biology and Medicine Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD 20892 1109, USA
J Endocrinol Invest 29:983-8. 2006Measurement of plasma ACTH levels by radioimmunoassay (RIA) is used to identify adrenal causes (AA) of Cushing's syndrome (CS) and to distinguish ectopic CS (EAS) from Cushing's disease (CD) using CRH stimulation testing and inferior ..
- Development of antiinfliximab antibodies and relationship to clinical response in patients with rheumatoid arthritisGerrit Jan Wolbink
Department of Immunopathology, CLB Sanquin Amsterdam and Jan van Breeman Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 54:711-5. 2006..This study evaluated the clinical significance of these antibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Modern laboratory evaluation of peptide and amines: a continuing role for radioimmunoassay?Gregg Mamikunian
Inter Science Institute, 944 West Hyde Park Boulevard, Inglewood, CA 90302, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:135-51, viii-ix. 2011..This variation causes a concern with the specific objectives of the investigator and the specific aims of the research project at hand, and ultimately for the validity of the published results...
- Validation of sparse sampling strategies to estimate cyclosporine A area under the concentration-time curve using either a specific radioimmunoassay or high-performance liquid chromatography methodBlanka Koristkova
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ostrava University Hospital and Medical Faculty, University of Ostrava, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Ther Drug Monit 32:586-93. 2010..Up to now, more than 100 equations to estimate AUC using a limited sampling strategy have been published, but not all have been validated...
- A homologous salmonid leptin radioimmunoassay indicates elevated plasma leptin levels during fasting of rainbow troutPeter Kling
Department of Zoology Zoophysiology, University of Gothenburg, Box 463, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 162:307-12. 2009The present study was conducted to establish a homologous radioimmunoassay (RIA) for quantifying plasma leptin (Lep) levels in salmonid species, and to study Lep levels in relation to nutritional status...
- Phthalates impair germ cell development in the human fetal testis in vitro without change in testosterone productionRomain Lambrot
Laboratory of Differentiation and Radiobiology of the Gonads, Unit of Gametogenesis and Genotoxicity, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Environ Health Perspect 117:32-7. 2009..Phthalate esters represent a class of environmental endocrine-active chemicals known to disrupt development of the male reproductive tract by decreasing testosterone production in the fetal rat...
- Analysis of steroids in songbird plasma and brain by coupling solid phase extraction to radioimmunoassayA E M Newman
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Gen Comp Endocrinol 155:503-10. 2008..a common practice to extract steroids from plasma, serum, or tissue samples prior to steroid measurement by radioimmunoassay (RIA) or enzyme immunoassay (EIA)...
- Concurrent zidovudine levels in semen and serum determined by radioimmunoassay in patients with AIDS or AIDS-related complexK Henry
Department of Medicine, St Paul Ramsey Medical Center, MN
JAMA 259:3023-6. 1988..Mean semen zidovudine levels (as measured by a new radioimmunoassay) in samples collected 0.75 to 1.25 hours after oral dosing were 3.63 to 7.19 mumol/L...
- [Anesthetic management of two patients with insulinoma using propofol--in association with rapid radioimmunoassay for insulin]T Kunisawa
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa 078-8510
Masui 50:144-9. 2001..General anesthesia using propofol and epidural block is a useful choice for the anesthetic management of patients undergoing an operation for removal of an insulinoma...
- Expression of the growth hormone-releasing hormone gene and its peptide product in the rat ovaryA Bagnato
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Endocrinology 130:1097-102. 1992..The translation product of this mRNA is the same similar size as the rat hypothalamic neuropeptide and may promote follicular maturation by autocrine or paracrine modulation of the stimulatory action of FSH on granulosa cell function...
- Analytical and clinical validation of a radioimmunoassay for the measurement of 1,25 dihydroxy vitamin DDiana R Clive
DiaSorin, Inc, Stillwater, MN 55082, USA
Clin Biochem 35:517-21. 2002..The analytical and clinical validation of the DiaSorin 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D RIA is described...
- Characterization of pregnancy-associated glycoproteins extracted from zebu (Bos indicus) placentas removed at different gestational periodsNoelita Melo Sousa
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Rural Sciences Center, Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil
Reprod Nutr Dev 42:227-41. 2002..A bovine PAG radioimmunoassay was used to monitor the immunoreactivity throughout the isolation procedures...
- Direct determination of free thyroxin in undiluted serum by equilibrium dialysis/radioimmunoassayJ C Nelson
Department of Pathology, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Clin Chem 34:1737-44. 1988..With this free-T4 assay, which is adaptable to clinical laboratory use, one can differentiate hyperthyroidism from the major euthyroid hyperthyroxinemias and hypothyroidism from the major euthyroid hypothyroxinemias...
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) in the teleost fish Oreochromis mossambicus (tilapia): in vitro release and brain distribution determined by a novel radioimmunoassayP P L M Pepels
Department of Animal Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Peptides 23:1053-62. 2002..brain and pituitary of the fish Oreochromis mossambicus (tilapia) was studied following the validation of a radioimmunoassay. Compared to the pituitary content, the brain contained 20 times more CRH...
- Direct micro-radioimmunoassay of the new renin inhibitor CGP 60536G Lefevre
Novartis Pharma AG, Clinical Pharmacology, Basle, Switzerland
J Immunoassay 21:65-84. 2000A solid phase method for direct radioimmunoassay in plasma of the new renin inhibitor CGP 60536 has been developed which does not require the extraction of the parent drug with organic solvents...
- Quantification of ecdysteroids by immunoassay: comparison of enzyme immunoassay and radioimmunoassayN Pascual
Department of Agrobiology, , Barcelona, Spain
Z Naturforsch C 50:862-7. 1995The performance of enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and radioimmunoassay (RIA) in the quantitative analysis of ecdysteroids was compared...
- CRF-Oxytocin Interaction in the Regulation of Stress and AffectJoanna Dabrowska; Fiscal Year: 2013..Dr. Rainer Landgraf from Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry will train me in the radioimmunoassay technique developed in his laboratory, which has the necessary sensitivity that is needed to measure ..
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE CONSEQUENCES OF PARITYROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Techniques used include real time RT-PCR, Western blot analysis, in situ hybridization, radioimmunoassay, and behavioral testing...
- Simultaneous Insulin and Leptin Signaling in POMC Neurons Promotes Fertility andLATRICE DOREEN FAULKNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and radioimmunoassay (RIA), we will directly measure the levels of processing intermediates and cleavage products within the ARC ..
- Calcium Signaling in the Pubertal Activation of the GnRH Pulse GeneratorDaniel J Spergel; Fiscal Year: 2011..GnRH in slice superfusates will be measured using radioimmunoassay. The relative contributions of the Ca2+ channel subtypes to increased [Ca2+]j will be assessed by comparing K(..
- A twin study of ovarian hormones and disordered eatingKelly L Klump; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Radioimmunoassay will be used to analyze estradiol, and enzymeimmunoassay will be used to analyze progesterone...
- Mechanisms of comorbidity between epilepsy and depressionAndrey M Mazarati; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will be achieved by measuring, using radioimmunoassay, both basal and dexamethasone/corticotropine releasing hormone (DEX/CRH)- induced increase of plasma ..
- Ecstasy and the Dorsomedial HypothalamusDaniel E Rusyniak; Fiscal Year: 2010..in freely moving conscious rats using techniques of;microinjection, biotelemetric physiologic monitoring, radioimmunoassay for the markers of neuroendocrine activation, HPLC analysis of serum and brain catecholamines, microdialysis ..
- Regulation of Angiogenesis by KininogenKeith R McCrae; Fiscal Year: 2013..of mKng1-/- mice by immunoblotting using several different kininogen antibodies as well as a sensitive BK radioimmunoassay, demonstrates that these animals are completely deficient in kininogen...
- T-type Calcium Channels and Aldosterone SecretionPaula Q Barrett; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using techniques of patch-clamp electrophysiology, molecular mutagenesis and radioimmunoassay we evaluate the following specific aims: Aim 1: Establish the ionic basis for ZG cell membrane excitability...
- A NOVEL METHOD TO TREAT CHRONIC PAINSATHYANARAYANA N MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..rats, the drug in the spinal fluid will be sampled at different time points and the drug will be measured by radioimmunoassay. The composition of the formulation will be modified to achieve effective levels of drug in the CSF...
- Melanocortin system stress and HPA axisXin Yun Lu; Fiscal Year: 2010..nucleus of the hypothalamus and amygdala) using in situ hybridization, receptor autoradiography and radioimmunoassay;Second, we will determine the impact of the melanocortin system on the HPA response to acute and chronic ..
- Stress and Memory Formation Across the Female LifespanTracey Shors; Fiscal Year: 2009..Golgi impregnation and light microscope analysis, real-time polymerase chain reaction, in situ hybridization, radioimmunoassay, and surgical manipulation of glucocorticoids and ovarian hormones...
- Posttranslational regulation of augurin, a new secretory tumor suppressorAkihiko Ozawa; Fiscal Year: 2013..importance of sulfation in augurin;determine the augurin levels in normal and glial tumor-bearing mice using radioimmunoassay and immunohistochemical staining, to test the idea that lowered augurin expression may be a potential ..
- Vitamin D Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology and Head and Neck Cancer SurvivorshipGEOFFREY contact LIU; Fiscal Year: 2010..intake (using a validated food frequency questionnaire) and serum level of vitamin D (measured using a radioimmunoassay on archived samples);and (2) genetic polymorphisms of key vitamin D-related genes involved either in the ..
- Adipocyte insulin signaling and circulating adiponectin levelsROCIO INES PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..be examined with pulse chase experiments in isolated adipocytes, and plasma adiponectin will be measured by radioimmunoassay. Adipocyte insulin sensitivity (anti-lipolytic effect of insulin) will be evaluated in vivo using isotope-..
- MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION OF A SYNTHETIC PEPTIDE FACILITYJEANICK PASCAL; Fiscal Year: 2009..steroid haptens linked to bovine serum a1bumin as well as to histamine conjugates for the development of radioimmunoassay (RIA...
- MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION OF A SYNTHETIC PEPTIDE FACILITYJEANICK PASCAL; Fiscal Year: 2010..steroid haptens linked to bovine serum a1bumin as well as to histamine conjugates for the development of radioimmunoassay (RIA...
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research uses laser-captured microscopy, immunohistochemistry, Western blot, radioimmunoassay, and real-time RT-PCR techniques to identify gene and protein expressions that are critically involved in the ..
- A Nicotine Biosensor for Addiction StudiesPeter A Petillo; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., microdialysis, PET, radioimmunoassay) ill-suited for addiction studies in freely moving animals...
- University of Pennsylvania Diabetes Research CenterMitchell A Lazar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Functional Genomics Core;Islet Cell Biology Core;Mouse Phenotyping, Physiology, and Metabolism Core;Radioimmunoassay/Biomarkers Core;Transgenic and Chimeric Mouse Core;and Viral Vector Core...
- Progestins' non-genomic actions for socio-sexual behaviorCheryl Frye; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using classic behavioral endocrinology, pharmacology, and radioimmunoassay methods, in conjunction with tools of molecular biology, in a rat model of socio-sexual behaviors, aims will ..
- A Nicotine Biosensor for Addiction StudiesPeter A Petillo; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., microdialysis, PET, radioimmunoassay) ill-suited for long-term addiction studies in freely moving animals...
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND THEIR PHYSIOLOGICAL CONTROLAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2013..electrophysiology, fluorescence immunocytochemistry, confocal and conventional microscopy, qRT-PCR, and radioimmunoassay. These experiments are designed to generate a new and innovative view of the functional organization of the ..
- Hormones, Experience and Hippocampal NeurogenesisElizabeth Gould; Fiscal Year: 2009..combined with immunocytochemistry for cell-type specific markers, hormone levels will be assessed via radioimmunoassay and hippocampal function will be assessed by a variety of associative learning tasks, including trace ..
- Glucocorticoid and Stress Induced Cerebellar Neural Progenitor Cell ApoptosisKevin K Noguchi; Fiscal Year: 2013..career development including immunohistochemistry, pharmacokinetics, electron microscopy, stereology, the use of both knockout mice and conditional knockout mice, radioimmunoassay, and viral vector maintenance and use.
- Non-radioactive Multiplexed Assays for Prediction/Diagnosis of T1D and Comorbid AANU MATHEW; Fiscal Year: 2013..auto-antibodies (IAA) developed by our collaborators that has been shown to outperform currently used IAA radioimmunoassay in multi-laboratory comparative studies...
- The Role of Orexin in the Co-Occurrence of Binge Eating and Drug AddictionKimberlei A Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2013..a relationship between the orexin system and binge prone behavior, becoming proficient in the use of radioimmunoassay to measure hormone levels, learning cannulae implantation, and learning drug self administration...
- Rehabilitation of Stress-Induced InsomniaPingfu Feng; Fiscal Year: 2009..a classic technique for sleep evaluation, (3) microdialysis for extracellular fluid collection and (4) use radioimmunoassay to quantify the levels of CRH and orexins...
- Role and Mechanisms of Prolactin on HPA Axis Activation Following StressJames Janik; Fiscal Year: 2009..nucleus (PVN) will be quantified using qRT-PCR to determine mRNA levels and western blot analysis or radioimmunoassay to determine protein levels. Plasma corticosterone (CORT) and PRL levels will also be measured...
- SURGICAL STUDIES ON METABOLISM OF G. I. HORMONESJames Thompson; Fiscal Year: 1993..the differential hepatic uptake of different molecular forms of endogenously released CCK by bioassay and radioimmunoassay. We plan to study the mechanisms of actions of CCK on gallbladder (GB) smooth muscle...
- THROMBOPOIETIN: IMMUNOASSAY AND CHARACTERIZATIONTED MC DONALD; Fiscal Year: 1993..embryonic kidney (HEK) cells, 4) measure the efficacy of TSF in bone marrow suppressed animals, 5) develop a radioimmunoassay for TSF, 6) measure ploidy of megakaryocytes in animals after TSF treatment, 7) establish TSF combining sites ..
- HYPOTHALAMIC OPIATES IN OBESITY-ACCELERATED HYPERTENSIONRobin Rockhold; Fiscal Year: 1991..An initial series of experiments will correlate changes in hypothalamic beta-endorphin concentration (radioimmunoassay), plasma insulin levels (radioimmunoassay) and plasma catecholamine concentrations (HPLC-EC) with alterations ..
- COCAINE & MATERNAL AGGRESSION--OXYTOCINERGIC MECHANISMSJOSEPHINE JOHNS; Fiscal Year: 2005..OXY levels and receptor binding will be measured by radioimmunoassay, in situ hybridization and autoradiography in the amygdala, medial preoptic area and paraventricular nucleus ..
- STRUCTURE AND ROLE(S) OF GASTRIC AND THYMIC PEPTIDESRobert Carraway; Fiscal Year: 1980..Using radioimmunoassay and immunohistochemistry we have detected NT-related activity throughout the central nervous system (CNS) and ..
- NON-GASTRIN ACID SECRETAGOGUE IN ISLET CELL TUMORSWilliam Chey; Fiscal Year: 1990..Long-term objectives are 1) to identify this NGAS by radioimmunoassay (RIA) in these patients for early diagnosis, and 2) to study physiology, pharmacology and pathophysiology of ..
- TISSUE AND SERUM INDICATORS OF LUNG CANCER RECURRENCEDavid Harpole; Fiscal Year: 2000..Immunohistochemical staining will identify potential tissue tumor markers and radioimmunoassay (RIA) or enzyme-link immunosorbent assay (ELISA) will identify potential serum tumor markers...
- RETROVIRAL GENE TRANSFER INTO PRIMARY ASTROCYTEMARION SHORT; Fiscal Year: 1992..Levels of mature B-NGF will be determined by a two-site- radioimmunoassay and by immune precipitation using monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies to mouse B-NGF...
- IMPROVED HYPOGLYCEMIA RESCUE DEVICEJohn Kinzell; Fiscal Year: 2009..Effective subcutaneous delivery of glucagon will be assessed by measurement of the drug in the blood using radioimmunoassay. Bioavailability of >80% relative to a control subcutaneous injection of aqueous-reconstituted glucagon in ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF SERUM FACTORS INDUCING MITOSISHARRY ANTONIADES; Fiscal Year: 1980..Biological assays with cell culture and a specific radioimmunoassay for the human serum derived growth factor (PNAS 74:1973,1978) have demonstrated that the human serum growth ..
- Morphine in MammalsMEINHART ZENK; Fiscal Year: 2009..Techniques will be established by mass spectrometry and radioimmunoassay that allow routine measurement of low quantities of morphine in brain tissue...
- MYOMETRIAL GAP JUNCTION MODULATION IN PRETERM LABORWILLIAM LARSEN; Fiscal Year: 1990..many of the mechanisms which underlie the modulation of gap junction subunits and the recent development of a radioimmunoassay for gap junction proteins offer the opportunity to investigate these relationships with greater efficiency ..
- RICKETTSIAL EFFECTS ON ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTIONSThomas Walker; Fiscal Year: 1990..protein C activation (by use of an amidolytic assay), (5) interferon-gamma production (by radioimmunoassay), and (6) prostaglandin T2 (PGI2) secretion (by radioimmunoassay)...
- Signaling in Tissue Injury and RepairRobert Diegelmann; Fiscal Year: 2009..spectrophotometric and fluorescence techniques, HPLC, GLC, radioisotope counting and ultracentrifugation;2) radioimmunoassay;3) cell dispersion and isolation of subcellular organelles;4) cell culture techniques;5) isolation and ..
- RADIOASSAY OF ERYTHROPOIETINGISELA CLEMONS; Fiscal Year: 1991Erythropoietin is now accepted as the hormone controlling red blood cell production. A radioimmunoassay has been developed in this laboratory using pure radioiodine labeled erythropoietin and an anti-erythropoietin-antiserum prepared in ..
- ALCOHOLIC EMBRYOPATHY & MATERNAL HYPERTENSIONRUSSELL MANKES; Fiscal Year: 1992..studies we will measure maternal blood and placental levels of progesterone, testosterone and estradiol by radioimmunoassay at critical points during gestation. Placental aromatase activity will be determined...
- HORMONE STORAGE AND SECRETION BY GONADOTROPESGwen Childs; Fiscal Year: 1993..Secretion (LH or FSH) will be detected by radioimmunoassay or the reverse hemolytic plaque assay (RHPA)...
- ROLE OF GABAERGIC NEURONS IN AUTONOMIC NUCLEIBANG HWANG; Fiscal Year: 1991..high performance liquid chromatography, radiometric assay (for glutamate decarboxylase, GAD), radioimmunoassay (for detecting VP contents), in situ hybridization (for studying VP mRNA), and quantitative receptor ..
- ANALYSIS OF ENDORPHINS BY LC-ELECTROCHEMISTRYNorman Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 1990..Current assays including bioassays, radioreceptor, radioimmunoassay (RIA) and high performance liquid chromatography (LC) with UV detection lack either adequate specificity or ..
- DETERMINATION OF OPIOID PEPTIDES BY ELECTROSPRAY LC/MSRobert Voyksner; Fiscal Year: 1991..g., fast atom bombardment or thermospray), achieving comparable sensitivity to radioimmunoassay (RIA) methods. The proposed program will investigate various parameters that effect ES ionization (i.e...
- ROLE OF SUGARS IN PHAGOCYTOSIS OF ROD OUTER SEGMENTSEDWARD KEAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..various conditions, the association between the cells and the membranes will be quantitated by means of a radioimmunoassay for rhodopsin...
- CELLULAR BIOMARKERS OF AGINGPaul Davis; Fiscal Year: 1992..and its in vitro responsiveness to physiological concentrations of thyroid hormone; 2) cytoplasmic content (radioimmunoassay) of calmodulin, a calcium-binding regulatory protein in erythrocytes and dermal fibroblasts; 3) glycosylated ..
- Relationship Between AD Clinicopathological Changes and CNS Sex Steroid HormonesJeremiah Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2009..The study will quantify levels of testosterone, estradiol, androstenedione and estrone by high sensitivity radioimmunoassay and will quantify expression of cytochrome P450 aromatase using real-time RT-PCR in hippocampus, midfrontal ..
- CELLULAR BIOCHEMISTRY--STRUCTURAL VARIANTYAGYA SINHA; Fiscal Year: 1990..A second aim is to develop radioimmunoassay and immunoblotting assays for the murine "20K" GH and some of the other GH forms recently detected by us...
- HETEROGENEITY OF GONADOTROPINS IN SERUM AND URINEINESE BEITINS; Fiscal Year: 1990..Methods used for characterization include chromatography, radioimmunoassay measurements of free gonadotropin subunits and fragments, comparison of in vitro biologic (B) and immunologic ..
- The Effects of Hydrotherapy on Anxiety and Pain in LaborREBECCA BENFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2005..physiology, including general, neural/hormonal, and immersion; (2) physiological instrumentation, including radioimmunoassay (RIA), immunoenzymatic assay (EIA), high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and electromyography (EMG); ..
- ETHANOL ACTIONS ON NEURONAL MEMBRANEPAUL SZE; Fiscal Year: 1990..3) The third study is to determine by radioimmunoassay the content of calmodulin in the isolated SPM following acute and chronic administration of ethanol...
- RADIOIMMUNOASSAY FOR HUMAN LIPOPROTEIN LIPASEAndre Bensadoun; Fiscal Year: 1992..Hormone responsive sequences in the 5'-flanking region of the HL gene will be identified...
- FACTOR II ANTIGEN AND COAGULANT ACTIVITYJAMES CORRIGAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..By the use of the recently developed radioimmunoassay for factor II antigen, this investigation will study the factors which affect II antigen and factor II ..
- STUDY OF HORMONE-CONTROLLED SEX-ORGAN DIFFERENTIATIONCHING TENG; Fiscal Year: 1980..Initially, the "hormonal environment" of the female chick embryonic sex organ will be studied by radioimmunoassay detection of estrogen and testosterone concentration in the plasma and the Mullerian duct of the embryo...
- CONTROL OF ENZYMES IN THE VITAMIN D ENDOCRINE COMPLEXJACOB GHAZARIAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..Screening for hybridomas secreting anti- cytochrome P-450 will be by radioimmunoassay using radio-iodinated antigen as has been used in our laboratory...
- RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES FOR CANCER THERAPYLEE WASHBURN; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Radioimmunoassay will be used to monitor retention of immunoreactivity following conjugation...
- MALIGNANCY-ASSOCIATED HYPERCALCEMIAGordon Strewler; Fiscal Year: 1993..We have developed a radioimmunoassay (RIA) to measure PLP is serum, and preliminary results indicate that PLP is detectable in hypercalcemic ..