Genomes and Genes
Summary: Recording of change in the size of a part as modified by the circulation in it.
Publications281 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of endothelial function evaluated by strain gauge plethysmography and brachial artery ultrasoundC Irace
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica G. Salvatore, Institute of Internal Medicine, Magna Graecia University, 88100 Catanzaro, Italy
Atherosclerosis 158:53-9. 2001Strain gauge plethysmography and brachial artery ultrasound are widely used to study endothelial function. No data on correlation between these two procedures are reported...
- Measurements of vascular function using strain-gauge plethysmography: technical considerations, standardization, and physiological findingsMahmoud A Alomari
Department of Kinesiology, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H99-H107. 2004..and technical aspects regarding the examination of the venous system using mercury in-Silastic strain-gauge plethysmography (MSGP)...
- Assessment of cerebral venous return by a novel plethysmography methodPaolo Zamboni
Vascular Diseases Centre, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Vasc Surg 56:677-85.e1. 2012..The purpose of this study was to assess the cerebral venous return in relation to the change in position by means of a novel cervical plethysmography method.
- Body-composition assessment via air-displacement plethysmography in adults and children: a reviewDavid A Fields
Department of Internal Medicine, The Center for Human Nutrition, Washington University, St Louis, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 75:453-67. 2002..Whole-body air-displacement plethysmography is a new practical alternative to these more traditional body-composition methods...
- Phox2b-expressing neurons of the parafacial region regulate breathing rate, inspiration, and expiration in conscious ratsStephen B G Abbott
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 31:16410-22. 2011..These results suggest that RTN-Phox2b neurons are no longer rhythmogenic in adulthood and that their average discharge rate may be far more important than their discharge pattern in driving lung ventilation...
- High doses of vitamin C reverse Escherichia coli endotoxin-induced hyporeactivity to acetylcholine in the human forearmJohannes Pleiner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna, Austria
Circulation 106:1460-4. 2002..Acute inflammation causes endothelial vasodilator dysfunction that may be mediated by oxidative stress...
- Invasive and noninvasive lung function measurements in rodentsHeinz Gerd Hoymann
Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine ITEM, Nikolai Fuchs Str 1, Hannover, Germany
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 55:16-26. 2007..their advantages and disadvantages and presents two of these methods in detail: the noninvasive head-out body plethysmography and an invasive but repeatable body-plethysmography in orotracheally intubated rodents...
- Decreasing cardiac chamber sizes and associated heart dysfunction in COPD: role of hyperinflationHenrik Watz
Pulmonary Research Institute, Hospital Grosshansdorf, Center for Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery, Woehrendamm 80, D 22927 Grosshansdorf, Germany
Chest 138:32-8. 2010..We studied the relationship of lung function with heart size and heart dysfunction and associated consequences for 6-min walk distance (6MWD) in patients with COPD of different severitites...
- Effects of tiotropium on lung hyperinflation, dyspnoea and exercise tolerance in COPDD E O'Donnell
Respiratory Investigation Unit, Dept of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Eur Respir J 23:832-40. 2004..Resultant increases in inspiratory capacity permitted greater expansion of tidal volume and contributed to improvements in both exertional dyspnoea and exercise endurance...
- Effect of somatic growth, strain, and sex on double-chamber plethysmographic respiratory function values in healthy miceThierry D Flandre
Departments of Pathology and Biostatistics, University of Liege, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Appl Physiol 94:1129-36. 2003Double-chamber plethysmography has been recognized since 1979 as a reference technique to measure pulmonary function values in guinea pigs, but it has not gained attention for use in mice...
- Respiratory variations in pulse oximetry plethysmographic waveform amplitude to predict fluid responsiveness in the operating roomMaxime Cannesson
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Louis Pradel Hospital, Claude Bernard Lyon I University, France
Anesthesiology 106:1105-11. 2007..The authors hypothesized that DeltaPOP can predict fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients during general anesthesia...
- Quantitative locus analysis of airway hyperresponsiveness in A/J and C57BL/6J miceG T De Sanctis
Combined Program in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 11:150-4. 1995..Each of these loci maps near candidate loci implicated in the pathobiology of asthma. Our study represents the first linkages established through a genome-wide survey of airway hyperresponsiveness in any mammal...
- Association between smoking cessation and sexual health in menChristopher B Harte
Department of Psychology, University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA
BJU Int 109:888-96. 2012..To provide the first empirical investigation of the association between smoking cessation and indices of physiological and subjective sexual health in men...
- Validation of ultrasound techniques applied to body fat measurement. A comparison between ultrasound techniques, air displacement plethysmography and bioelectrical impedance vs. dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryJean Claude Pineau
Dynamique de l évolution humaine UPR 2147 CNRS, Paris, France
Ann Nutr Metab 51:421-7. 2007..To evaluate the accuracy of body fat percentage (BF%) estimates from a portable, non-traumatizing ultrasound device with high accuracy and reliability compared to dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), the reference technique...
- [Which definition to use when defining airflow obstruction?]H Ben Saad
Service de Physiologie et des Explorations Fonctionnelles, EPS Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisia
Rev Mal Respir 24:323-30. 2007..70 or<LLN. The aim of this study is to determine, according to the different recommendations, the percentage of subjects having an OVD among them addressed for suspicion of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Air displacement plethysmography: validation in overweight and obese subjectsSamir R Ginde
Weight Control Unit, 1090 Amsterdam Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10025, USA
Obes Res 13:1232-7. 2005..The BOD POD air displacement plethysmography (ADP) system can accommodate a large body volume and may provide an opportunity for measuring body density (D(..
- Total lung capacity by plethysmography and high-resolution computed tomography in COPDJamie L Garfield
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Department of Radiology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 7:119-26. 2012To characterize and compare total lung capacity (TLC) measured by plethysmography with high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT), and to identify variables that predict the difference between the two modalities.
- The vascular impact of aging and vasoactive drugs: comparison of two digital volume pulse measurementsSandrine C Millasseau
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, St Thomas Hospital, Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine, King s College, London, United Kingdom
Am J Hypertens 16:467-72. 2003..Indices obtained from the second derivative of the DVP have also been proposed to characterize vascular aging and effects of vasoactive drugs...
- Estimation of body fatness by air displacement plethysmography in African American and white childrenJ C Nicholson
Unit on Growth and ObesityNational Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Pediatr Res 50:467-73. 2001The purpose of this study was to determine the ability of air displacement plethysmography (ADP) to estimate body fatness in prepubertal and early pubertal African American and white children...
- Effect of scalp and facial hair on air displacement plethysmography estimates of percentage of body fatP B Higgins
Division of Physiology and Metabolism, Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294-3360, USA
Obes Res 9:326-30. 2001..The objective of this study was to determine the effect of body hair (scalp and facial) on air displacement plethysmography (BOD POD) estimates of percentage of body fat. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURES: A total of 25 men (31.4 +/- 8...
- Body composition by air-displacement plethysmography by using predicted and measured thoracic gas volumesM A McCrory
Departments of Nutrition and Exercise Science, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8669, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 84:1475-9. 1998..Furthermore, although the use of Vtgpred has some application, determining Vtgmeas is relatively simple in most cases. Therefore, we recommend that the use of Vtgmeas remain as standard experimental and clinical practice...
- Does the Pleth variability index indicate the respiratory-induced variation in the plethysmogram and arterial pressure waveforms?Maxime Cannesson
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Louis Pradel Hospital and Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, INSERM ERI 22, Lyon, France
Anesth Analg 106:1189-94, table of contents. 2008..Pleth variability index (PVI, Masimo Corp., Irvine, CA) is a new algorithm that automatically calculates deltaPOP. The aim of our study was to test the ability of this new device to automatically and continuously monitor deltaPOP...
- Comparison of two plethysmography systems in assessment of forearm blood flowStephen J Leslie
Clinical Pharmacology Unit and Research Centre, The University of Edinburgh, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK EH4 2XU
J Appl Physiol 96:1794-9. 2004Venous occlusion plethysmography is widely used to assess forearm blood flow (FBF). We compared the established Hokanson system (HEC4) with a newly developed Filtrass 2001 system (F2001)...
- Relation between respiratory variations in pulse oximetry plethysmographic waveform amplitude and arterial pulse pressure in ventilated patientsMaxime Cannesson
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Pierre Benite, France
Crit Care 9:R562-8. 2005..We conducted a prospective study to evaluate the relationship between respiratory variation in arterial pulse pressure and respiratory variation in pulse oximetry plethysmographic (POP) waveform amplitude...
- The use and misuse of Penh in animal models of lung diseaseJason Bates
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:373-4. 2004
- [Evaluation of fatigue by using acceleration plethysmography]Kouzi Yamaguti
Department of Physiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University
Nihon Rinsho 65:1034-42. 2007We evaluated the fatigue of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome by using acceleration plethysmography. The changes in the acceleration plethysmography were relatively dominant in the sympathetic nervous system from the viewpoint of ..
- The use of plethysmography and oscillometry to compare long-acting bronchodilators in patients with COPDZoe L Borrill
Medicines Evaluation Unit, North West Lung Centre, University of Manchester, South Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:244-52. 2008..Having previously shown that specific airway conductance (sGaw) measured using body plethysmography and impulse oscillometry (IOS) are more sensitive than FEV(1) for assessing short-acting bronchodilator ..
- The ability of pleth variability index to predict the hemodynamic effects of positive end-expiratory pressure in mechanically ventilated patients under general anesthesiaOlivier Desebbe
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Louis Pradel Hospital, Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, INSERM ERI 22, Lyon, France
Anesth Analg 110:792-8. 2010..PVI can predict fluid responsiveness noninvasively in mechanically ventilated patients during general anesthesia. We hypothesized that PVI could predict the hemodynamic effects of 10 cm H2O positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP)...
- Use of unrestrained, single-chamber barometric plethysmography to evaluate sensitivity to cholinergic stimulation in mouse models of allergic airway diseaseFred D Finkelman
J Allergy Clin Immunol 121:334-5. 2008
- Comparison of body composition methods in overweight and obese childrenP J Gately
School of Leisure and Sport, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds LS6 3QS, United Kingdom
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:2039-46. 2003..the accuracy of percent body fat (%fat) estimates from dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, air-displacement plethysmography (ADP), and total body water (TBW) against a criterion four-compartment (4C) model in overweight and obese ..
- Determination of skeletal muscle perfusion using arterial spin labeling NMRI: validation by comparison with venous occlusion plethysmographyJ S Raynaud
NMR Unit (AFM, CEA and INSERM, Institute of Myology, , Paris, France
Magn Reson Med 46:305-11. 2001..in human muscles, T(1)-based NMRI of perfusion was compared to standard strain-gauge venous occlusion plethysmography performed simultaneously within a 4 T magnet...
- Comparison of the BOD POD with the four-compartment model in adult femalesD A Fields
Division of Physiology and Metabolism, Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:1605-10. 2001..Furthermore, the role of the aqueous and mineral fractions in the estimation of body fat by the BOD POD was examined...
- Body composition in Mexican adults by air displacement plethysmography (ADP) with the BOD-POD and deuterium oxide dilution using infrared spectroscopy (IRS-DOD)Nayeli Macias
Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Food Nutr Bull 23:99-102. 2002..and 21 women), 24 to 70 years old from northern Mexico, were measured for body density by air displacement plethysmography (ADP) with the BOD-POD, and for total body water by deuterium oxide dilution and infrared spectroscopy (IRS-..
- Use of air displacement plethysmography for estimating body fat in a four-component modelM L Millard-Stafford
Exercise Research Laboratory, Department of Health and Performance Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:1311-7. 2001To compare measurements of body density (D(b)) obtained from air displacement plethysmography (AP) and hydrostatic weighing (HW) and to determine the accuracy of substituting D(b) via AP (D(b)-AP) for D(b) via HW (D(b)-HW) in estimating ..
- Opto-electronic plethysmographyA Aliverti
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza L da Vinci, 32, 20133 Milano, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 59:12-6. 2003Recent developments of Opto-Electronic plethysmography allow a noninvasive and accurate measurement of the volume of the chest wall and its different thoraco-abdominal compartments, without any calibration specific on the subject under ..
- Comparison of percent body fat estimates using air displacement plethysmography and hydrodensitometry in adults and childrenE W Demerath
Lifespan Health Research Center, Department of Community Health, Wright State University School of Medicine, Kettering, Ohio 45420, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:389-97. 2002..The purpose of the study was to compare estimates of body density and percentage body fat from air displacement plethysmography (ADP) to those from hydrodensitometry (HD) in adults and children and to provide a review of similar recent ..
- Reliability of respiratory tidal volume estimation by means of ambulatory inductive plethysmographyPaul Grossman
Psychosomatic and Internal Medicine, University of Basel Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Biomed Sci Instrum 42:193-8. 2006..Recent technological advances that employ ambulatory inductive plethysmography could make monitoring of respiration outside the clinic and laboratory feasible...
- Pooling in chronic orthostatic intolerance: arterial vasoconstrictive but not venous compliance defectsJulian M Stewart
Department of Pediatrics and Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circulation 105:2274-81. 2002..My colleagues and I tested the hypothesis that pooling results from increased venous compliance in POTS patients...
- Noninvasive assessment of cutaneous vascular function in vivo using capillaroscopy, plethysmography and laser-Doppler instruments: its strengths and weaknessesGet Bee Yvonne-Tee
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University Sains Malaysia, Kubang Kerian, Kelantan
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 34:457-73. 2006..techniques used to assess cutaneous microvascular function in vivo include capillaroscopy, venous occlusion plethysmography, and laser-Doppler instruments (laser-Doppler fluximetry and laser-Doppler imaging)...
- Reproducibility of duplex ultrasonography and air plethysmography used for the evaluation of chronic venous insufficiencyAkram Mahmoud Asbeutah
Department of Vascular Sciences and Medicine, Monash University and Southern Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Ultrasound Med 24:475-82. 2005The purpose of this study was to determine the reproducibility of measurements on duplex ultrasonography (DU) and air plethysmography (APG) in subjects with post-thrombotic syndrome.
- Mathematical assessment of qualitative diagnostic calibration for respiratory inductive plethysmographyA De Groote
Biomedical Physics Laboratory, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
J Appl Physiol (1985) 90:1025-30. 2001..diagnostic calibration (QDC), which claims to provide a relative calibration of respiratory inductive plethysmography during natural breathing (Sackner MA, Watson H, Belsito AS, Feinerman D, Suarez M, Gonzalez G, Bizousky F, ..
- Monitoring of ventilation during exercise by a portable respiratory inductive plethysmographChristian F Clarenbach
Pulmonary Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Chest 128:1282-90. 2005..To evaluate the accuracy of a portable respiratory inductive plethysmograph that allows the monitoring of ventilation without airway instrumentation during exercise in unrestrained subjects...
- Assessment of airway hyperreactivity: comparison of forced spirometry and body plethysmography for methacholine challenge testsF Nensa
Institute for Occupational Physiology, Augusta Kranken Anstalt, Bochum, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:170-6. 2009..Hence we compared both methods concerning their clinical value and correlation during MCH challenges in patients with asthma...
- Development of a respiratory inductive plethysmography module supporting multiple sensors for wearable systemsZhengbo Zhang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Chinese PLA People s Liberation Army General Hospital, 28 Fuxing Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100853, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:13167-84. 2012..The performance of respiration measurement during movement is also evaluated. This RIP module is especially desirable for wearable systems with multiple RIP sensors for long-term respiration monitoring...
- Keratinocyte growth factor transiently alters pulmonary function in ratsJens M Hohlfeld
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Appl Physiol (1985) 96:704-10. 2004..Before and on days 3 and 7 after treatment, pulmonary function was determined by body plethysmography. Subsequently, lung histological changes were quantified...
- Validation of air displacement plethysmography for assessing body compositionD R Wagner
Exercise and Sports Science Department, Vanguard University of Southern California, Costa Mesa, 92626 USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 32:1339-44. 2000The purpose of this study was to verify the validity of an air displacement plethysmography device (Bod Pod) for estimating body density (Db).
- [Which definition to use when defining reversibility of airway obstruction?]H Ben Saad
Service de Physiologie et des Explorations Fonctionnelles, EPS Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisie
Rev Mal Respir 24:1107-15. 2007..2l or increase in FVC>12% and 0.2l. Our principal objective was to determine the percentage of patients with COPD (n=62) who were significant responders to the reversibility test according to the 5 recommendations...
- Reproducibility of blood flow and post-occlusive reactive hyperaemia as measured by venous occlusion plethysmographyDick H J Thijssen
Department of Physiology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Sci (Lond) 108:151-7. 2005Venous occlusion plethysmography is commonly used as a tool to assess BF (blood flow) and VR (vascular resistance) at baseline and during PORH (post-occlusive reactive hyperaemia)...
- Noninvasive measurement of midexpiratory flow indicates bronchoconstriction in allergic ratsThomas Glaab
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Appl Physiol (1985) 93:1208-14. 2002..Using noninvasive, head-out body plethysmography and the decrease in tidal midexpiratory flow (EF(50)), we measured airway responsiveness (AR) to inhaled ..
- The use of automated strain gauge plethysmography in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosisN A Maskell
Medical Directorate, Gloucestershire Royal NHS Trust, Gloucester, UK
Br J Radiol 75:648-51. 2002The venometer is a nurse- or technician-operated machine that uses automated strain gauge plethysmography to detect deep vein thrombosis (DVT)...
- Evaluation of breathing pattern: comparison of a Manual Assessment of Respiratory Motion (MARM) and respiratory induction plethysmographyRosalba Courtney
School of Health Science, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, Plenty Rd, Bundoora, Victoria 3083, Australia
Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback 33:91-100. 2008..Assessment of Respiratory Motion (MARM) and compares it to measures performed with Respiratory Induction Plethysmography (RIP)...
- Accuracy of prediction equations to assess percentage of body fat in children and adolescents with Down syndrome compared to air displacement plethysmographyA González-Agüero
GENUD Growth, Exercise, NUtrition and Development Research Group, Faculty of Health and Sport Sciences, Huesca, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Res Dev Disabil 32:1764-9. 2011..Johnston et al., Brook and Slaughter et al.) from skinfold thickness compared to air displacement plethysmography (ADP) in children and adolescents with Down syndrome (DS)...
- Measurement of longitudinal changes in body composition during weight loss and maintenance in overweight and obese subjects using air-displacement plethysmography in comparison with the deuterium dilution techniqueG Plasqui
Department of Human Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Obes (Lond) 35:1124-30. 2011Air-displacement plethysmography (ADP) may be a valid and practical technique to assess body composition in a clinical setting.
- Venous occlusion plethysmography versus Doppler ultrasound in the assessment of leg blood flow during calf exerciseSimon Green
Department of Physiology, Otago School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Appl Physiol 111:1889-900. 2011This study explored the accuracy with which venous occlusion plethysmography (VOP) assesses the hyperaemic response during calf exercise...
- Recurrence after varicose vein surgery: a prospective long-term clinical study with duplex ultrasound scanning and air plethysmographyAndre M Van Rij
Department of Surgery, Dunedin School of Medicine, University of Otago, New Zealand
J Vasc Surg 38:935-43. 2003..We observed long-term venous ultrasound and plethysmographic changes after varicose vein surgery, to determine factors that influence recurrence...
- Biomechanics of ocular pneumoplethysmographyC Chen
Institute for Biomedical Engineering and Mathematical Biology, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA 18015
J Biomech Eng 115:231-8. 1993....
- Evaluation of air-displacement plethysmography for body composition assessment in preterm infantsPaola Roggero
Department of Maternal and Pediatric Sciences, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan, Italy
Pediatr Res 72:316-20. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy and reliability of an air-displacement plethysmography (ADP) system to estimate percentage fat mass (%FM) in preterm infants and to evaluate interdevice reliability ..
- Air-displacement plethysmography pediatric option in 2-6 years old using the four-compartment model as a criterion methodDavid A Fields
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, and Children s Hospital Foundation, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1732-7. 2012..determine the accuracy, precision, bias, and reliability of percent fat (%fat) determined by air-displacement plethysmography (ADP) with the pediatric option against the four-compartment model in 31 children (4.1 ± 1.2 years, 103...
- Comparison of whole body and head out plethysmography using respiratory stimulant and depressant in conscious ratsRamakrishna Nirogi
Department of Pharmacology, Discovery Research, Suven Life Sciences Ltd, Serene Chambers, Road No 5, Avenue 7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, 500034, India
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 65:37-43. 2012....
- Fat and fat-free mass at birth: air displacement plethysmography measurements on 350 Ethiopian newbornsGregers S Andersen
Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Pediatr Res 70:501-6. 2011..FM and FFM were assessed within 48 h of birth on 350 Ethiopian newborns using air displacement plethysmography (ADP)...
- Meta-analysis of plethysmography and rheography in the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosisT Locker
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Emerg Med J 23:630-5. 2006b>Plethysmography and rheography techniques have been widely studied as diagnostic tests for deep vein thrombosis (DVT). This study aimed to systematically review the accuracy of these tests for diagnosing clinically suspected DVT.
- Respiratory inductance plethysmography in healthy 3- to 5-year-old childrenOscar H Mayer
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chest 124:1812-9. 2003..to measure respiratory function in 3- to 5-year-old children, there may be a role for respiratory inductive plethysmography (RIP), which is noninvasive and requires minimal subject cooperation...
- Automated bedside measurement of penile blood flow using pulse-volume plethysmographyNaoki Unno
Division of Vascular Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu, 431 3192, Japan
Surg Today 36:257-61. 2006..To evaluate the efficiency of the form PWV/ABI (pulse wave velocity/ankle brachial pressure index) for measuring penile blood pressure (PBP) and the penile brachial pressure index (PBI)...
- Annual assessment spirometry, plethysmography, and gas transfer in cystic fibrosis: do they predict death or transplantationMark Rosenthal
The Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:945-52. 2008The long- and short-term prognostic value of pediatric spirometry, plethysmography, and gas transfer measurements in cystic fibrosis (CF) were assessed.
- Ambulatory abdominal inductance plethysmography: towards objective assessment of abdominal distension in irritable bowel syndromeM J Lewis
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester, UK
Gut 48:216-20. 2001..Using the principle of inductance plethysmography we have developed a microprocessor based system capable of recording even minimal changes in girth over 24 ..
- Modified thoracic impedance plethysmography to monitor sleep apnea syndromesYoshifumi Yasuda
Health Science Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, Tempaku cho, Toyohashi 441 8580, Japan
Sleep Med 6:215-24. 2005In order to identify sleep disorders by thoracic impedance plethysmography (TIP), we propose several new techniques: the application of an adaptive filter, a scaled Fourier linear combiner (SFLC) to eliminate cardiac-derived fluctuation ..
- Body composition in full-term healthy infants measured with air displacement plethysmography at 1 and 12 weeks of ageBritt Eriksson
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 99:563-8. 2010To use Pea Pod, a device based on air displacement plethysmography, to study body composition of healthy, full-term infants born to well-nourished women with a western life-style.
- Respiratory inductive plethysmography to assess respiratory variability and complexity in humansMarie Noelle Fiamma
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UPRES EA 2397, Paris F 75013, France
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 156:234-9. 2007..In the present study, we tested the ability of respiratory inductive plethysmography (RIP) to describe these properties...
- Identification of optimal lung volume during high-frequency oscillatory ventilation using respiratory inductive plethysmographyT B Brazelton
Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 29:2349-59. 2001..and closing pressures and oxygenating efficiency, and second, to address whether respiratory inductive plethysmography (RIP) could be used to monitor changes in thoracic volume that follow changes in mean airway pressure during ..
- Relation between pulse oximetry plethysmographic waveform amplitude induced by passive leg raising and cardiac index in spontaneously breathing subjectsSamuel Delerme
Department of Emergency Medicine and Surgery, Center Hospitalo Universitaire Pitié Salpêtrière, 75013 Paris, UPMC Paris 6, France
Am J Emerg Med 28:505-10. 2010..Our objective was to correlate the variations of Delta POP and the variations of cardiac index (CI) induced by passive leg raising (PLR) in spontaneously breathing volunteers...
- Accuracy of the pleth variability index to predict fluid responsiveness depends on the perfusion indexO Broch
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 55:686-93. 2011..The aim of the following study was to examine whether the predictive power of PVI depends on different values of PI...
- Interdevice variability in percent fat estimates using the BOD PODS D Ball
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:996-1001. 2005To evaluate interdevice reliability in body density (Db) and percent body fat (%BF) using air-displacement plethysmography, the BOD POD (BP) body composition system.
- Effect of different swim caps on the assessment of body volume and percentage body fat by air displacement plethysmographyMaarten W Peeters
Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, Department of Biomedical Kinesiology, Research Centre for Exercise and Health, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Sports Sci 29:191-6. 2011..air trapped in scalp hair generates an underestimation of body volume when it is measured by air displacement plethysmography. The aim of this study was to examine the effect of wearing different types of swim caps on the measurement ..
- Within- and between-laboratory precision in the measurement of body volume using air displacement plethysmography and its effect on body composition assessmentA L Collins
Department of Health Human Sciences, London Metropolitan University, London, UK
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:80-90. 2004..extent of within- and between-laboratory precision in body volume (BV) measurements using air displacement plethysmography (ADP), the BOD POD body composition system, and to interpret any such variability in terms of body ..
- Effect of clothing type on validity of air-displacement plethysmographyGeorge A King
Department of Exercise, Sport, and Leisure Studies and the Center for Physical Activity and Health, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 37996, USA
J Strength Cond Res 20:95-102. 2006The purpose of the study was to evaluate the validity of an air-displacement plethysmography system (AP) within the general population, while wearing (1) a racing-type swimsuit (AP(SS)) and (2) participant's personal undergarments (AP(UG)..
- Can high resolution computed tomography predict lung function in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?K Spiropoulos
Division of Pulmonology, Laboratory of Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test, Patras, Greece
Lung 181:169-81. 2003..Forced spirometry, somatic plethysmography and cardiopulmonary exercise test were performed in each patient...
- Compartmental analysis of breathing in the supine and prone positions by optoelectronic plethysmographyA Aliverti
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Ann Biomed Eng 29:60-70. 2001Optoelectronic plethysmography (OEP) has been shown to be a reliable method for the analysis of chest wall kinematics partitioned into pulmonary rib cage, abdominal rib cage, abdomen, and right and left side in the seated and erect ..
- Effects of clothing on accuracy and reliability of air displacement plethysmographyJason D Vescovi
The George Washington University Medical Center, School of Public Health and Health Services, Exercise Science Programs, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:282-5. 2002The purpose of this investigation was to quantify the effects of different attire on the accuracy and reliability of estimating percent body fat (%fat) by using air displacement plethysmography (ADP).
- Evaluation of factors determining the precision of body composition measurements by air displacement plethysmographyA L Collins
School of Health and Sports Science, The University of North London, 166 220 Holloway Road, London N7 8D8, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:770-6. 2003To investigate methodological precision of air displacement plethysmography for assessment of body composition in a heterogenous sample of adults.
- Plethysmography and impulse oscillometry assessment of tiotropium and ipratropium bromide; a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over study in healthy subjectsD Singh
Medicines Evaluation Unit, North West Lung Research Centre, Manchester, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:398-404. 2006Spirometry, plethysmography and impulse oscillometry (IOS) measure different aspects of lung function. These methods have not been compared for their ability to assess long- and short-acting anticholinergic agents...
- Abnormalities of plethysmographic lung volumes in asthmatic childrenBruno Mahut
Cabinet La Berma, 4 avenue de la Providence 92 160 Antony, France
Respir Med 104:966-71. 2010..The aim of this descriptive functional study was to assess whether systematic measurement of volumes by plethysmography may detect isolated hyperinflation with normal expiratory flows.
- Body fat measurement by bioelectrical impedance and air displacement plethysmography: a cross-validation study to design bioelectrical impedance equations in Mexican adultsNayeli Macias
Centro de Investigación en Nutrición y Salud, Instituto Nacional de Salud Pública Universidad 655, Santa Maria Ahuacatitlan, CP 62508, Cuernavaca, Mexico
Nutr J 6:18. 2007..The aim of this study was to develop and cross-validate a predictive equation for bioelectrical impedance using air displacement plethysmography (ADP) as standard method to measure body composition in Mexican adult men and women.
- Intra- and inter-tester reproducibility of venous occlusion plethysmography: comparison between a manual and a semi-automatic method of blood flow analysisBruno Moreira Silva
Laboratory of Exercise Sciences LACE, Federal Fluminense University, Brazil
Physiol Meas 30:1267-79. 2009Venous occlusion plethysmography (VOP) is a valid non-invasive method to assess peripheral blood flow (BF) in humans...
- Air-displacement plethysmography: here to stayDavid A Fields
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Children s Medical Research Institute s Metabolic Research Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 8:624-9. 2005Air-displacement plethysmography holds promise as an alternative to more traditional body composition techniques, although our understanding of air-displacement plethysmography is less than complete...
- Measuring lung function in mice: the phenotyping uncertainty principleJason H T Bates
Vermont Lung Center and College of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:1297-306. 2003..Unrestrained plethysmography in conscious mice represents the extreme of noninvasiveness and is highly convenient but provides respiratory ..
- Arterial versus plethysmographic dynamic indices to test responsiveness for testing fluid administration in hypotensive patients: a clinical trialGiuseppe Natalini
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Poliambulanza Foundation Hospital, Brescia, Italy
Anesth Analg 103:1478-84. 2006..These plethysmographic indices could provide a noninvasive tool for predicting the cardiac output increase by administering fluid...
- Comparison of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, air displacement plethysmography and bioelectrical impedance analysis for the assessment of body composition in severely obese Caucasian children and adolescentsStefano Lazzer
Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Laboratorio Sperimentale Ricerche, Auxo endocrinologiche, Verbania, Italia
Br J Nutr 100:918-24. 2008..study were to compare body composition assessed by dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), air displacement plethysmography (ADP) and bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) in severely obese Caucasian children and adolescents and to ..
- Ventilation-induced plethysmographic variations predict fluid responsiveness in ventilated postoperative cardiac surgery patientsPiet A H Wyffels
Department of Anaesthesiology, UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Anesth Analg 105:448-52. 2007..The plethysmographic wave form measured with a fingertip pulse is very similar to the arterial blood pressure curve...
- Plethysmographic dynamic indices predict fluid responsiveness in septic ventilated patientsMarc Feissel
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalier, Belfort, France
Intensive Care Med 33:993-9. 2007....
- Body-composition assessment in infancy: air-displacement plethysmography compared with a reference 4-compartment modelKenneth J Ellis
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 85:90-5. 2007..A better understanding of the associations of early infant nutrition and growth with adult health requires accurate assessment of body composition in infancy...
- Assessment of forearm vasodilator responses to acetylcholine and albuterol by strain gauge plethysmography: reproducibility and influence of strain gauge placementH A Walker
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Centre for Cardiovascular Biology and Medicine, King's College, London
Br J Clin Pharmacol 51:225-9. 2001..blood flow response to acetylcholine and the beta2-adrenoceptor agonist albuterol as measured by strain gauge plethysmography. To examine the influence of strain gauge placement on these responses...
- Measurement of total and compartmental lung volume changes in newborns by optoelectronic plethysmographyRaffaele L Dellaca'
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Milano 20133, Italy
Pediatr Res 67:11-6. 2010..Optoelectronic plethysmography (OEP) allows the assessment of DeltaVL through the measurement of the chest wall surface motion and it has ..
- New methods to evaluate endothelial function: method for assessing endothelial function in humans using a strain-gauge plethysmography: nitric oxide-dependent and -independent vasodilationYukihito Higashi
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology and Medicine, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 93:399-404. 2003..and bradykinin, and NO antagonists on forearm blood flow using mercury-filled Silastic strain-gauge plethysmography. The response to the intra-arterial infusion of vasoactive agents should be considered the gold standard in ..
- Forearm plethysmography in the assessment of vascular tone and resistance vasculature design: new methodological insightsO N Mathiassen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 188:91-101. 2006..are central phenomena in essential hypertension and have been widely examined by forearm venous occlusion plethysmography; at rest for studying vascular tone, and during reactive hyperaemia for studying vascular structure...
- Pleth variability index predicts fluid responsiveness in critically ill patientsThibault Loupec
Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire de Poitiers, Unité de Formation et de Recherche de Médecine Pharmacie, Poitiers, France
Crit Care Med 39:294-9. 2011..To investigate whether the pleth variability index, a noninvasive and continuous tool, can predict fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients with circulatory insufficiency...
- Description and validation of a novel liquid metal-free device for venous congestion plethysmographyF Christ
Clinic for Anaesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Appl Physiol (1985) 89:1577-83. 2000We present a newly developed electromechanical sensor with automated calibration for strain-gauge plethysmography (filtrass) and compare it to a conventional mercury-in-Silastic strain-gauge plethysmograph (MSG)...
- Comparison of unrestrained plethysmography and forced oscillation for identifying genetic variability of airway responsiveness in inbred miceAnnerose Berndt
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Physiol Genomics 43:1-11. 2011..by two different methods using 29 inbred mouse strains: enhanced pause (Penh), detected by unrestrained plethysmography, and central airway resistance and lung elastance, detected by a forced oscillation technique...
- Noninvasive assessment of lung volume: respiratory inductance plethysmography and electrical impedance tomographyGerhard K Wolf
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesia, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 33:S163-9. 2005Respiratory inductance plethysmography (RIP) and electrical impedance tomography (EIT) are two monitoring techniques that have been used to assess lung volume noninvasively.
- Regular aerobic exercise, without weight loss, improves endothelium-dependent vasodilation in overweight and obese adultsMichael L Mestek
Integrative Vascular Biology Laboratory, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:1667-9. 2010..Forearm blood flow (FBF) responses were determined (via plethysmography) in response to intra-arterial infusion of acetylcholine and sodium nitroprusside...
- [Study of vasomotility in man using plethysmography and flowmetry]H Boccalon
, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:43-50. 1990..The venous sector is usually studied by plethysmographic methods. The commonest of those is occlusion plethysmography either with a mercury gauge or by impedence plethysmography...
- Reliability of air displacement plethysmography in a large, heterogeneous sampleEric E Noreen
Department of Health Sciences, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:1505-9. 2006Several studies have assessed the validity of air displacement plethysmography (ADP), but few have assessed the reliability of ADP using a large, heterogeneous sample.
- Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury of Human Endothelium: Role of Glucose and StatinsTHOMAS JAY EBERT; Fiscal Year: 2013..oxide (NO), and the ensuing increases in forearm blood flow (FBF) will be measured with venous occlusion plethysmography. ACH infusions will occur before and after temporary forearm endothelial I/R injury, or "stunning," with a 20-..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Medical Therapy vs. Bariatric Surgery for Obese T2DMDAVID BRADLEY contact LAUTZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..Measures of vascular health will be assessed by blood pressure, lipid profiles and by using fingertip plethysmography (Itamar EndoPat) and by the measure of circulating mediators and markers of endothelial function...
- Pharmacological strategies to improve breathing after cervical spinal cord injuryFRANCIS GOLDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis that A2a receptor agonists elicit long-lasting improvements in tidal volume by using whole-body plethysmography. Strengths of this proposal include: 1) assessment of breathing in awake freely behaving spinally injured ..
- Masked Hypertension in Chronic Kidney DiseaseRajiv Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2013..Body composition will be measured by the gold-standard measurement of air-displacement plethysmography (Bod Pod). Activity will be measured by 7-day wrist accelerometer...
- Dietary Nitrate to Augment Exercise Training Benefits in DM+PADJason David Allen; Fiscal Year: 2013..a maximal graded exercise test, and (c) vascular function at rest (endothelial function), calf blood flow (plethysmography)...
- Cardiovascular Effects of Ultrafine Particles in Genetically Susceptible SubjectsMark W Frampton; Fiscal Year: 2010..Systemic vascular function will be assessed using blood pressure and heart rate, forearm plethysmography and reactive hyperemia, platelet activation, and circulating microparticles...
- Mechanism and functional role of AKAP79/150 in M current controlMark S Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2012..confocal microscopy, luciferase gene-reporter assays, genetically-altered mice and live-animal airway plethysmography. We aspire to discover the mechanisms endowing AKAP79/150 in organizing the transcriptional regulation of M-..
- Vascular Structure and Function in Arteriovenous Fistula MaturationJonathan Himmelfarb; Fiscal Year: 2012..pulse wave velocity as a measure of arterial stiffness, and d) forearm venous distensibility by strain-gauge plethysmography;2...
- Functional and Lymphocytic Markers of Respiratory Morbidity in Hyperoxic PreemiesRITA MARIE RYAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..to develop and test a functional biomari<er, defined by Fourier domain processing of respiratory inductive plethysmography data, that will be tested as 1) a reliable pulmonary function surrogate applicable in routine clinical ..
- TNF-ALPHA AND BMP2-WNT SIGNALING IN DIABETIC VASCULAR DISEASEDwight A Towler; Fiscal Year: 2012..By assessing aortic pressure- diameter relationships using ex vivo video plethysmography, we will establish the relationships between TNF-alpha &aortic calcium accumulation, Wnt signaling, and ..
- Exploring the Fuel-Mediated Programming of Neonatal GrowthDana Dabelea; Fiscal Year: 2013..HOMA-IR)], and infant body size (birth weight for gestational age), fatness (determined by air displacement plethysmography) and fat deposition (skinfolds)...
- Endothelial Function Predictors in Adolescent DiabetesROBERT PAUL HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Forearm blood flow will be measured using venous occlusion plethysmography. We will also explore several mechanistic biomarkers that potentially contribute to vascular risk in children...
- INTEGRATIVE GENETIC APPROACHES TO GENE-AIR POLLUTION INTERACTIONS IN ASTHMAFrank D Gilliland; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lung function and AHR will be assessed using state-of-the-art plethysmography. In preliminary studies, we observe substantial variability among 8 HMDP strains characterized by this ..
- Lifestyle Interventions in Overweight and Obese Pregnant WomenXavier Pi-Sunyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The measurements will be anthropometry, whole body MRI, EchoMRI, and whole body plethysmography (BodPod)...
- Portable Device to Diagnose/Monitor Pediatric Exercise-Induced Vocal Fold MotionJAFAR VOSSOUGHI; Fiscal Year: 2010..effort to obtain accurate measurement;the methacholine challenge test has low specificity (30%);the body plethysmography is cumbersome and expensive...
- Vascular toxicities of environmental tobacco particulates in childrenJudith A Groner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Forearm blood flow (FBF) will be determined by plethysmography as an assessment of endothelial performance in vivo...
- TASK Potassium Channel Antagonists to Treat Opioid Depression of BreathingJoseph F Cotten; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will quantify rat breathing before and after administration of the TASK antagonist compounds using plethysmography and blood gas analysis...
- AMP-Activated Protein Kinase and Oxygen SensingChristopher N Wyatt; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project will use genetically modified mice, plethysmography, immunocytochemistry, electrophysiology and calcium imaging to define the role of AMPK in mediating hypoxic ..
- Hox genes in the development of respiratory circuitsPolyxeni Philippidou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Kinkead at Laval University will act as a consultant and will provide training in the technique of plethysmography. I have assembled a committee who will oversee my progress and provide technical and intellectual input ..
- Fish oil and neurovascular control in humansJason Carter; Fiscal Year: 2009..Forearm and calf blood flow responses to mental stress will be simultaneously recorded using venous occlusion plethysmography before and after an eight-week fish oil supplementation period...
- Validation and Evaluation of a Portable Body Scanner for Determination of ObesityJeanne Freeland Graves; Fiscal Year: 2009..abdominal diameter, bioimpedence, hydrodensitometry, dual energy X-ray absorptiometry, and air displacement plethysmography. The final aim is to validate body imaging as an indicator of central obesity (fat in the abdominal region, ..
- Effects of OX2R agonist and antagonist on sleep apneaPingfu Feng; Fiscal Year: 2011..The project will measure ventilation rhythm by the plethysmography method combined with sleep recording in the mouse model...
- SKELETAL MUSCLE BEHAVIOR IN HEART FAILUREJohn Wilson; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Plethysmography will be used to measure forearm flow...
- Development of Noninvasive System for Detection of Sleep Apnea in AnimalsPingfu Feng; Fiscal Year: 2013..and develop the hardware of SARTrak-8 by combining the piezo electric film (PEF) technique and whole body plethysmography. We will develop a data acquisition and offline analysis software program for the SARTrak-8 system...
- AIRWAY PHARMACOLOGY DURING ONTOGENESISJames Douglas; Fiscal Year: 1993..Airway reactivity will be determined using whole body plethysmography by measuring changes of specific airway conductance...
- Measuring Intra/Extracellular Volume and HemodynamicsLeslie Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2003..proposal is to perfect and test a bioelectric impedance device capable of measuring blood flows by impedance plethysmography (IPG) and of measuring compartmental fluid volumes by electrical impedance spectrography (EIS)...
- FUEL METABOLISM DURING AND AFTER EXERCISE IN DIABETESJohn Devlin; Fiscal Year: 1991..and deep forearm and femoral vein catheters, with forearm blood flow determined non-invasively by impedance plethysmography. Amino acid determinations will be made by HPLC...
- STUDIES ON ENDOTHELIAL DYSFUNCTION IN HEART FAILUREStuart Katz; Fiscal Year: 2004..testing of flow-mediated nitric oxide-induced vasodilation (Doppler ultrasonography and venous occlusion plethysmography) and determination of nitric oxide metabolism (isotope tracer techniques with '5N-L-arginine and measurement ..
- AUTONOMIC MECHANISMS IN NEURALLY MEDIATED SYNCOPEDaniel Bloomfield; Fiscal Year: 2000..During this CIDA, I will be trained in the measurement of venous plethysmography and direct sympathetic nerve recordings...
- INSULIN RESISTANCE AND CARDIOVASCULAR RISK FACTORSBrent Egan; Fiscal Year: 2004..distal arterial compliance (HDI pulse-wave) and post-ischemic forearm vascular resistance (venous occlusion plethysmography). (3) Salt sensitivity defined by the differences in BP on 180 vs. 80 mmol/d NaCl diets...
- PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE IN THE DIABETICPasquale Palumbo; Fiscal Year: 1980..utilizing transcutaneous Doppler techniques; measurements of pulse volume of the extremities by segmental plethysmography and Doppler examination of the arteries; fasting plasma glucose, serum cholesterol and triglycerides, ..
- INTERACTION OF CARDIOVASCULAR REFLEXES IN EXERCISEGary Mack; Fiscal Year: 1992..SKBF will be estimated from FBF measurements (venous occlusion plethysmography). We will examine the possibility that AVD may be modulated by baroreflex activity...
- GABA-A receptor plasticity: regulation by hypoxiaRUTH SIEGEL; Fiscal Year: 2009..4 or ?6 GABAA receptor subunit expression for the ventilatory response to sustained hypoxia using whole-body plethysmography. Findings from these studies will begin to define molecular mechanisms used in adapting to reduced oxygen, a ..
- EXERCISE INTOLERANCE IN CONGESTIVE HEART FAILUREJOHN MINOTTI; Fiscal Year: 1993..by measuring muscle size (by MRI in patients, by weight in animals), blood flow (by venous occlusion plethysmography in patients, with radioactive microspheres in rats), and the activity of oxidative and glycolytic enzymes and ..
- POST-OPERATIVE THROMBOEMBOLISM IN SURGICAL PATIENTSEDWIN SALZMAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..patients for the development of postoperative venous thrombosis by labelled fibrinogen scanning and impedance plethysmography; 4...
- DIGITAL BLOOD FLOW AND VASCULAR TONEJAY COFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..Finger and forearm-hand blood flows are measured venous occlusion plethysmography. Capillary blood flows are measured by the disappearance rate of Na131I from a local injection...
- MINORITY SCHOOL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AWARDMOHAMED BAYORH; Fiscal Year: 1990..Blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be followed for 3 months by tail-plethysmography and at the end of the experiments by direct measurements of the following hemodynamic measurements: BP, HR, ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF A MOUSE MODEL OF ASTHMAFred Finkelman; Fiscal Year: 2003..of intact mice to cholinergic and beta2-adrenergic stimulation will be determined by non-invasive barometric plethysmography with a Buxco apparatus...
- CONFERENCE ON MEASUREMENT OF LUNG VOLUMESJack Clausen; Fiscal Year: 1992..is to develop recommendations for measuring lung volumes in humans (infants, children and adults) by body plethysmography, gas dilution and washout, and radiographic and CT techniques...
- DIETARY SALT INTAKE AND THE METABOLIC EFFECTS OF INSULINRaymond Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2003..clamp to assess insulin sensitivity; 2) the effect of insulin infusion on leg blood flow using impedance plethysmography on different salt intakes, and 3) the mechanism by which increased salt intake elevates fatty acid ..
- NUTRITIONAL INTERVENTION FOR CANCER CACHEXIAJohn Fuller; Fiscal Year: 1999..For a period of 24 weeks, body composition will be evaluated by air displacement, plethysmography, bioelectrical impedance analysis, skinfold testing, and circumference measurements...
- PERIPHERAL BLOOD FLOW CHARACTERISTICSLawrence Sinoway; Fiscal Year: 1991..Blood flow is measured noninvasively with strain gauge plethysmography. 2) Human large blood vessel diameter is measured by combined plethysmography and brachial artery velocity ..
- MANIPULATION OF THE NOS PATHWAY IN ARTERIAL DISEASEJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2004..upon functional status (treadmill exercise testing; quality of life) and limb blood (by mercury strain gauge plethysmography)...
- Novel agents for mitigation of radiation-induced pulmonary injuryKATHRYN HELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..in mice will be obtained for several endpoints of lung damage, including lethality, lung function measured by plethysmography, proteins in BAL fluid, and histology without and with each of the agents...
- CAPTOPRIL AND ANGIOTENSIN VASCULAR EFFECTS IN SENESCENCEJames Voelker; Fiscal Year: 1993..the localized vascular response to All infused into the brachial artery will be measured by venous occlusion plethysmography. For comparison, young control subjects will also be studied...
- Comparison of exercise responses in four ESRD treatmentsPatricia Painter; Fiscal Year: 2006..brachial artery reactivity), autonomic function (24 hour heart rate variability), muscle blood flow (calf plethysmography with doppler), leg muscle mass (magnetic resonance imaging), muscle ultrastructure (muscle biopsy analysis), ..
- HEMODYNAMIC EVENTS IN SLEEP APNEA--CAUSES & CONSEQUENCESJ Weiss; Fiscal Year: 1999..with and without obstructions, using vascular pressure measurements, nuclear cardiography, forearm venous plethysmography, skin laser velocimetry, and peroneal microneurography...
- IKK-NF-kB pathways in viral-induced lung inflammationRoberto Garofalo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Global lung gene expression, by oligonucleotide-based microarrays, and pulmonary function, by whole body plethysmography, will be studied in RSV-infected BALB/c mice treated intranasally with the NBD peptide...
- DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES IN VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMRobert Barnes; Fiscal Year: 1980..Initial data from this project suggest that Doppler ultrasound is more accurate than strain gauge plethysmography in detection of phlebographically proven deep vein thrombosis, including calf vein thrombosis...
- RESPIRATORY SYNCYTIAL VIRUS ON ALLERGIC AIRWAY DISEASER Peebles; Fiscal Year: 2003..and measure methacholine-induced AHR in anesthetized, mechanically- ventilated mice by whole body plethysmography. In addition to defining the role of RSV- and ova-induced cytokines and T lymphocytes subsets in mediating ..
- THERAPEUTIC INDEX OF LIBLOMYCIN--A BETTER BLEOMYCINRobert Newman; Fiscal Year: 1990..This will be accomplished through plethysmography studies, determination of pulmonary collagen synthetic rates and histopathology studies...
- Hyaluronan in Lung Vascular DevelopmentRASHMIN SAVANI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lung function will be determined using non-invasive plethysmography and exercise testing...
- ANTILIPEMIC REGIMES IN PERIPHERAL ARTERIOSCLEROSISJAY COFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 1980..rates from local depots during exercise and after an ischemic-exercise stimulus, and by venous occlusion plethysmography measurements of post-occlusion reactive hyperemia...
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thoracic, splanchnic, and pelvic vascular volumes will be measured by impedance plethysmography, and limb blood flow, arterial flow, venous volume-pressure relation, and venous pressure will be measured by ..
- Detecting Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal FailureJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will form the basis of future noninvasive prognostic testing and treatment of patients at risk for ECD and can provide a means to follow treatment modalities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CNS DELTA OPIOID RECEPTORS IN PAIN AND DRUG ABUSEGERHARD SCHULTEIS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Respiratory function will be assessed using total body plethysmography and arterial blood gas analysis...
- PATHOGENESIS OF CUTANEOUS DIABETIC MICROANGIOPATHYArnost Fronek; Fiscal Year: 1990..opposed to non-nutritional flow components will be determined by the combined application of venous occlusion plethysmography (total blood flow) and epicutaneous 133 Xenon wash-out (nutritional flow)...
- DIETARY ENHANCEMENT OF NO SYNTHESIS IN ARTERIAL DISEASERoberta Oka; Fiscal Year: 2001..Measurements include venous plethysmography, chemiluminescent measurement of NO, magnetic resonance imaging and angiography, exercise treadmill, the ..
- Effect of diet on insulin sensitivity and energy balanceNICHOLAS HAYS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Body composition will be measured using air displacement plethysmography, energy and macronutrient metabolism will be measured using whole room calorimetry and de novo lipogenesis, ..
- Time-Dependent Changes in Respiratory Control After Perinatal HyperoxiaRYAN BAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, it is critical to understand how environmental conditions in early life influence development of protective chemoreflexes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Beta-2 Receptor Polymorphisms and Vasodilation in HumansJohn Eisenach; Fiscal Year: 2007..My long-term career goal is to become an independent investigator performing physiology and pharmacology studies directed at the genomics of the cardiovascular system in humans. ..