Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transmission of the readings of instruments to a remote location by means of wires, radio waves, or other means. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)
Publications378 found, 100 shown here
- Echo-intensity compensation in echolocating bats (Pipistrellus abramus) during flight measured by a telemetry microphoneShizuko Hiryu
Research Center for Intelligent Information Science, Doshisha University, Kyotanabe 610 0321, Japan
J Acoust Soc Am 121:1749-57. 2007..These findings provide direct evidence that bats adjust pulse intensity to compensate for changes in echo intensity to maintain a constant intensity of the echo returned from the approaching target at an optimal range...
- Stomach temperature telemetry reveals temporal patterns of foraging success in a free-ranging marine mammalDeborah Austin
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B2H 4J1, Canada
J Anim Ecol 75:408-20. 20061. We studied feeding frequency in free-ranging grey seals using stomach temperature telemetry to test if previously reported sex differences in the diving, movement and diet were reflected in the temporal pattern of foraging success. 2...
- Implantable 9-channel telemetry system for in vivo load measurements with orthopedic implantsFriedmar Graichen
Biomechanics Laboratory, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Biomechanics Laboratory, Hindenburgdamm 30, Germany
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:253-61. 2007..A personal computer displays forces, moments, and temperatures in real time. The new telemetry transmitter has, thus far, been used for in vivo load measurements in three patients with shoulder ..
- Pedestrian Tracking with shoe-mounted inertial sensorsEric Foxlin
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:38-46. 2005
- Systematic review of home telemonitoring for chronic diseases: the evidence baseGuy Paré
HEC Montreal, 3000 Chemin de la Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:269-77. 2007..This study presents a systematic review of the nature and magnitude of outcomes associated with telemonitoring of four types of chronic illnesses: pulmonary conditions, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases...
- A wireless multi-channel neural amplifier for freely moving animalsTobi A Szuts
Program in Biophysics, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:263-9. 2011..lt;4 μV of electrode-referred noise, comparable to wired recording systems, and outperforms existing rodent telemetry systems in channel count, weight and transmission range...
- A wireless sensor network for vineyard monitoring that uses image processingJaime Lloret
Integrated Management Coastal Research Institute, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Grao de Gandia, Spain
Sensors (Basel) 11:6165-96. 2011....
- Active microelectronic neurosensor arrays for implantable brain communication interfacesY K Song
Division of Engineering, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 17:339-45. 2009..with analog multiplexing, an analog-to-digital converter, a low power digital controller chip, and infrared telemetry. The scalable 16-channel microsystem can employ any of several modalities of power supply, including radio ..
- Head impacts during high school football: a biomechanical assessmentSteven P Broglio
Department of Kinesiology and Community Health, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL 61801, USA
J Athl Train 44:342-9. 2009..Little is known about the impact biomechanics sustained by players during interscholastic football...
- A 128-channel 6 mW wireless neural recording IC with spike feature extraction and UWB transmitterMoo Sung Chae
Electrical Engineering Department, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 17:312-21. 2009..a 128-channel neural recording integrated circuit (IC) with on-the-fly spike feature extraction and wireless telemetry. The chip consists of eight 16-channel front-end recording blocks, spike detection and feature extraction ..
- Rationale and design of a prospective study of the efficacy of a remote monitoring system used in implantable cardioverter defibrillator follow-up: the Lumos-T Reduces Routine Office Device Follow-Up Study (TRUST) studyNiraj Varma
Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am Heart J 154:1029-34. 2007..All study patients will have a final office visit 15 months after implant. The results of TRUST may confirm the role of remote monitoring as an intensive surveillance mechanism for device management...
- Behavioural and cardiovascular responses during latent inhibition of conditioned fear: measurement by telemetry and conditioned freezingWei Ning Zhang
Behavioral Neurobiology Laboratory, The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Schorenstrasse 16, CH 8603 Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
Behav Brain Res 154:199-209. 2004..Changes in heart rate and blood pressure were recorded by radio-telemetry. The PE rats spent more time freezing to the conditioned contextual cues and exhibited higher blood pressures ..
- Lengthening of corrected QT during epileptic seizuresRuth Brotherstone
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 51:221-32. 2010..To measure the corrected QT cardiac repolarization time before and during epileptic seizures...
- Using telemetry to mitigate the bycatch of long-lived marine vertebratesCatherine M McClellan
Division of Marine Science and Conservation, Duke University Marine Laboratory, Beaufort, North Carolina 28516, USA
Ecol Appl 19:1660-71. 2009..distribution of fishing effort and observations of the distribution of bycatch species derived from satellite telemetry. In a case study, we used a spatially explicit predator-prey model to investigate real-time interactions between ..
- Using GPS data to evaluate the accuracy of state-space methods for correction of Argos satellite telemetry errorToey A Patterson
CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research, GPO Box 1538, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Ecology 91:273-85. 2010Recent studies have applied state-space models to satellite telemetry data in order to remove noise from raw location estimates and infer the true tracks of animals...
- Real-time monitoring of cardiovascular function in rhesus macaques infected with Zaire ebolavirusMark G Kortepeter
Department of Preventive Medicine, Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S1000-10. 2011Nine rhesus macaques were implanted with multisensor telemetry devices and internal jugular vein catheters before being infected with Zaire ebolavirus...
- Abnormal heart rate regulation in GIRK4 knockout miceK Wickman
Department of Cardiology, Harvard Medical School, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 20:103-14. 1998..at rest and after pharmacological manipulation in unrestrained conscious mice using electrocardiogram (ECG) telemetry. We found that I(KACh) mediated approximately half of the negative chronotropic effects of vagal stimulation and ..
- Heart rate variability in mice: a theoretical and practical guideJ Thireau
Centre National de Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherce 6542, Laboratoire de Physiologie des Cellules Cardiaques et Vasculaires, Universite Francois Rabelais, Faculte des Sciences, 31 Avenue Monge, Parc de Grandmont, 37200 Tours, France
Exp Physiol 93:83-94. 2008..This article aims to make a survey of heart rate variability analysis and to establish a standardized protocol for the assessment of the autonomic neural regulation of heart rate in mice...
- Automatic remote monitoring of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator lead and generator performance: the Lumos-T Safely RedUceS RouTine Office Device Follow-Up (TRUST) trialNiraj Varma
Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 3:428-36. 2010..These were prospectively evaluated and compared in the TRUST trial. The HM technology tested performed daily self-checks and databasing with rapid event notifications for out-of-range (including asymptomatic) conditions...
- A cabled acoustic telemetry system for detecting and tracking juvenile salmon: part 1. Engineering design and instrumentationMark A Weiland
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99332, USA
Sensors (Basel) 11:5645-60. 2011..S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District (OR, USA), started developing the Juvenile Salmon Acoustic Telemetry System, a nonproprietary sensing technology, to meet the needs for monitoring the survival of juvenile salmonids ..
- Home monitoring remote control of pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator patients in clinical practice: impact on medical management and health-care resource utilizationRenato Pietro Ricci
Department of Cardiovascular Disease, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Via Martinotti 20, 00135 Rome, Italy
Europace 10:164-70. 2008..To evaluate the impact of Home Monitoringtrade mark(HM) remote control on patient medical treatment and on health-care resource utilization...
- Large-range movements of neotropical orchid bees observed via radio telemetryMartin Wikelski
Department of Migration and Immuno Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Ornithology, Radolfzell, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e10738. 2010..Here we report the first successful use of micro radio telemetry to track the movement of an insect pollinator in a complex and forested environment...
- A meta-analysis of remote monitoring of heart failure patientsCatherine Klersy
Service of Biometry and Clinical Epidemiology, Scientific Direction Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:1683-94. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of remote patient monitoring (RPM) on the outcome of chronic heart failure (HF) patients...
- Normative findings of electrically evoked compound action potential measurements using the neural response telemetry of the Nucleus CI24M cochlear implant systemD Cafarelli Dees
Cochlear Europe Ltd, London, UK
Audiol Neurootol 10:105-16. 2005..the Nucleus 24 cochlear implant system, from 13 different European countries, were tested using neural response telemetry to measure the electrically evoked compound action potential (ECAP), according to a standardised postoperative ..
- Continuous intraocular pressure monitoring with a wireless ocular telemetry sensor: initial clinical experience in patients with open angle glaucomaKaweh Mansouri
Glaucoma Sector, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Geneva, 22, Rue Alcide Jentzer, 1211 Geneve, Switzerland
Br J Ophthalmol 95:627-9. 2011The authors report their initial clinical results with a novel wireless ocular telemetry sensor (OTS) (Sensimed AG, Switzerland) for continuous intraocular pressure (IOP) monitoring in patients with open angle glaucoma...
- Biomechanical properties of concussions in high school footballSteven P Broglio
Neurotrauma Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 42:2064-71. 2010..6–3.8 million cases annually. Understanding the biomechanical properties of this injury will support the development of better diagnostics and preventative techniques...
- Inferring foraging areas of nesting loggerhead turtles using satellite telemetry and stable isotopesSimona A Ceriani
Marine Turtle Research Group and Department of Biological Sciences, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45335. 2012..We used a combination of satellite telemetry and stable isotope analysis to (i) identify key foraging grounds used by female loggerheads nesting in Florida ..
- Relation between neural response telemetry thresholds, T- and C-levels, and loudness judgments in 12 adult nucleus 24 cochlear implant recipientsLisa G Potts
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ear Hear 28:495-511. 2007..purpose of this study was to determine if the contour of visual (vNRT) or predicted (tNRT) neural response telemetry (NRT) thresholds across electrodes could predict the contour of behaviorally programmed T-levels (minimum ..
- Vascular nitric oxide and superoxide anion contribute to sex-specific programmed cardiovascular physiology in miceRobert D Roghair
Dept of Pediatrics, Univ of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R651-62. 2009..While maternal DI increased both superoxide-mediated vasoconstriction and nitric oxide mediated vasodilation, the balance of these factors favored the development of hypertension in males and hypotension in females...
- TRPA1 and sympathetic activation contribute to increased risk of triggered cardiac arrhythmias in hypertensive rats exposed to diesel exhaustMehdi S Hazari
Environmental Public Health Division, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:951-7. 2011..Diesel exhaust (DE), which is emitted from on- and off-road sources, is a complex mixture of toxic gaseous and particulate components that leads to triggered adverse cardiovascular effects such as arrhythmias...
- Remote control of implanted devices through Home Monitoring technology improves detection and clinical management of atrial fibrillationRenato Pietro Ricci
Department of Cardiology, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Via Martinotti, 20, 00135 Rome, Italy
Europace 11:54-61. 2009..To evaluate the impact of Home Monitoring (HM) technology on detection and treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Validation of volume-pressure recording tail-cuff blood pressure measurementsMinjie Feng
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research and Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, East Hanover, NJ, USA
Am J Hypertens 21:1288-91. 2008..However, some tail-cuff methods show good agreement with radiotelemetry and others do not, indicating that each tail-cuff method requires independent validation...
- Outpatient cardiac telemetry detects a high rate of atrial fibrillation in cryptogenic strokeDaniel J Miller
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, United States
J Neurol Sci 324:57-61. 2013..A high rate of PAF detection with 21-day mobile cardiac outpatient telemetry (MCOT) has been reported in two small studies...
- A portable, low-cost system for posturography: a platform for longitudinal balance telemetryBrad Hubbard
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 41:S31-5. 2012..This study evaluates the WBB and explores its potential application as a low-cost posturography system...
- Acoustic telemetry survey of the dusky grouper (Epinephelus marginatus) in the Marine Reserve of Cerbère-Banyuls: informations on the territoriality of this emblematic speciesJérémy Pastor
UMR CNRS EPHE UPVD Biologie et écologie tropicale et méditerranéenne CBETM, Universite de Perpignan, France
C R Biol 332:732-40. 2009..We conducted acoustic telemetry surveys from September 2005 to June 2006 in the Marine Reserve of Cerbère-Banyuls for a dusky grouper ..
- Dispersal range analysis: quantifying individual variation in dispersal behaviourErik D Doerr
Program in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Oecologia 142:1-10. 2005....
- Telemetry and random-walk models reveal complex patterns of partial migration in a large marine predatorYannis P Papastamatiou
Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Ecology 94:2595-606. 2013..We utilized passive acoustic telemetry, with a Brownian bridge movement model and generalized additive mixed models, to explore the factors regulating ..
- Wireless neural recording with single low-power integrated circuitReid R Harrison
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 17:322-9. 2009..Power, clock, and command signals are sent to the chip wirelessly over a 2.765-MHz inductive (coil-to-coil) link. The chip is capable of operating with only two off-chip components: a power/command receiving coil and a 100-nF capacitor...
- The role of predation in the decline and extirpation of woodland caribouHeiko U Wittmer
Agroecology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2357 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
Oecologia 144:257-67. 2005..Recovery of these woodland caribou will thus require a multispecies perspective and an appreciation for the influence of inverse density dependence on population trajectories...
- Validation of concussion risk curves for collegiate football players derived from HITS dataJames R Funk
Biodynamic Research Corporation, 5711 University Heights Blvd, Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 40:79-89. 2012..severity of head impacts sustained by collegiate American football players in real time using the Head Impact Telemetry (HIT) System of helmet-mounted accelerometers...
- A study of MAC protocols for WBANsSana Ullah
UWB ITRC Center, Inha University, 253 Yonghyun Dong, Nam Gu, Incheon, 402 751, Korea
Sensors (Basel) 10:128-45. 2010..We also review different power-efficient mechanisms for a WBAN. In addition, useful suggestions are given to help the MAC designers to develop a low-power MAC protocol that will satisfy the stringent requirements...
- Effects of subchronic exposures to concentrated ambient particles (CAPs) in mice. II. The design of a CAPs exposure system for biometric telemetry monitoringPolina Maciejczyk
Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, Tuxedo, New York 10987, USA
Inhal Toxicol 17:189-97. 2005..The tops of these cubicles are covered with perforated plastic sheets to allow telemetry monitoring during the exposure...
- Spatial analysis and remote sensing for monitoring systems of Oncomelania nosophora following the eradication of schistosomiasis japonica in Yamanashi Prefecture, JapanNaoko Nihei
Department of Medical Entomology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo 162 8640, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:125-32. 2009....
- Very early rehabilitation or intensive telemetry after stroke: a pilot randomised trialPeter Langhorne
Academic Section of Geriatric Medicine, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK p langhorne clinmed gla ac uk
Cerebrovasc Dis 29:352-60. 2010..However, there are uncertainties about how best to provide such care. We studied 2 key aspects of early stroke unit care: early active mobilisation (EM) and automated monitoring (AM) for physiological complications such as hypoxia...
- A different approach to using neural response telemetry for automated cochlear implant processor programmingColette M McKay
The University of Melbourne, Department of Otolaryngology, Melbourne, Australia
Ear Hear 26:38S-44S. 2005..implants and the objectively measured compound action potential threshold (as measured by Neural Response Telemetry, NRT)...
- Direct blood pressure monitoring in laboratory rodents via implantable radio telemetryDaniel A Huetteman
Data Sciences International, Saint Paul, MN, USA
Methods Mol Biol 573:57-73. 2009..Direct measurement of blood pressure via implantable radio telemetry devices is the preferred method for automatic collection of chronic, continuous blood pressure data...
- Introduction to the special section on M-Health: beyond seamless mobility and global wireless health-care connectivityRobert Istepanian
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 8:405-14. 2004
- The home-range concept: are traditional estimators still relevant with modern telemetry technology?John G Kie
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, 921 South 8th Avenue, Stop 8007, Pocatello, ID 83209, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:2221-31. 2010Recent advances in animal tracking and telemetry technology have allowed the collection of location data at an ever-increasing rate and accuracy, and these advances have been accompanied by the development of new methods of data analysis ..
- Design and instrumentation of a measurement and calibration system for an acoustic telemetry systemZhiqun Deng
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, P O Box 999, Richland, WA 99332, USA
Sensors (Basel) 10:3090-9. 2010The Juvenile Salmon Acoustic Telemetry System (JSATS) is an active sensing technology developed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District, for detecting and tracking small fish...
- Intrauterine growth restriction increases blood pressure and central pulse pressure measured with telemetry in aging ratsMichiel F Schreuder
Department of Pediatrics, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 24:1337-43. 2006..In Western countries, IUGR is based on uteroplacental dysfunction. We hypothesize that aging augments the increased baseline blood pressure after IUGR and alters the cardiovascular response to acute stress...
- ST depression, arrhythmia, vagal dominance, and reduced cardiac micro-RNA in particulate-exposed ratsAimen K Farraj
Environmental Public Health Division, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 44:185-96. 2011....
- Satellite telemetry and long-range bat movementsCraig S Smith
Biosecurity Sciences Laboratory, Department of Employment, Biosecurity Queensland, Economic Development and Innovation, Coopers Plains, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e14696. 2011..Understanding the long-distance movement of bats has direct relevance to studies of population dynamics, ecology, disease emergence, and conservation...
- On-board telemetry of emitted sounds from free-flying bats: compensation for velocity and distance stabilizes echo frequency and amplitudeShizuko Hiryu
Faculty of Engineering, Doshisha University, Kyotanabe 610 0321, Japan
J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol 194:841-51. 2008..Combined frequency and amplitude compensation may instead be for optimization of successive frequency modulated echoes for target range estimation to control approach and landing...
- Complexity and variation in loggerhead sea turtle life historyCatherine M McClellan
Division of Marine Science and Conservation, Duke University Marine Laboratory, 135 Duke Marine Lab Road, Beaufort, NC 28516, USA
Biol Lett 3:592-4. 2007..These findings have important consequences for efforts to protect these threatened marine reptiles from mortality in both coastal and open-ocean fisheries...
- Micropower circuits for bidirectional wireless telemetry in neural recording applicationsNathan M Neihart
University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1950-9. 2005..We have also developed an FM transmitter with the lowest power dissipation reported for biosignal telemetry. The FM transmitter consists of a low-noise biopotential amplifier and a voltage controlled oscillator used to ..
- Monitoring in vivo load transmission through an external fixatorJ Grasa
Group of Structural Mechanics and Materials Modelling, Aragon Institute of Engineering Research I3A, Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Ann Biomed Eng 38:605-12. 2010..Although the fixator has only been tested in an animal model, after further testing this system may have clinical potential...
- SMART--an integrated wireless system for monitoring unattended patientsDorothy W Curtis
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, 77 Massachusetts Ave, BLDG 32 G914, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:44-53. 2008..A prototype implementation of SMART was piloted in the waiting area of an emergency department and evaluated with 145 post-triage patients. System deployment aspects were also evaluated during a small-scale disaster-drill exercise...
- Contact rates between wild and domestic canids: no evidence of parvovirus or canine distemper virus in crab-eating foxesO Courtenay
Ecology and Epidemiology Group, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, CV4 7AL, Coventry, UK
Vet Microbiol 81:9-19. 2001..Although there was no evidence for infection with either virus in foxes, the high level of contact of foxes with peridomestic habitats suggests that the probability of potential spill-over infections from dogs to foxes is high...
- Communication scheduling to minimize thermal effects of implanted biosensor networks in homogeneous tissueQinghui Tang
Department of Electrical Engineering, Arizona State University at Tempe, AZ 85287, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1285-94. 2005..Finally, a genetic algorithm is proposed to exploit the search for an optimal temperature increase sequence...
- A general framework for the analysis of animal resource selection from telemetry dataDevin S Johnson
National Marine Mammal Laboratory, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
Biometrics 64:968-76. 2008We propose a general framework for the analysis of animal telemetry data through the use of weighted distributions...
- Atrial fibrillation detected by mobile cardiac outpatient telemetry in cryptogenic TIA or strokeA H Tayal
Department of Neurology and Allegheny General Hospital Stroke Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Neurology 71:1696-701. 2008..We hypothesized that AF may be an under-recognized mechanism for cryptogenic TIA/stroke...
- Remote monitoring and follow-up of pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillatorsHaran Burri
Cardiology Service, University Hospital of Geneva, 23, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Europace 11:701-9. 2009..In this article, we describe the currently existing systems, review the available evidence in the literature regarding remote follow-up and monitoring of PMs and ICDs, and finally discuss some unresolved issues...
- Multicenter randomized study of anticoagulation guided by remote rhythm monitoring in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillator and CRT-D devices: Rationale, design, and clinical characteristics of the initially enrolled cohort The IMPACT studyJohn Ip
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Healthcare Foundation, Lansing, MI 48910, USA
Am Heart J 158:364-370.e1. 2009..In this report, we describe the study design and baseline demographic and clinical features of the initial cohort (227 patients)...
- Wearable and implantable wireless sensor network solutions for healthcare monitoringAshraf Darwish
Faculty of Science, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Sensors (Basel) 11:5561-95. 2011....
- A cabled acoustic telemetry system for detecting and tracking juvenile salmon: part 2. Three-dimensional tracking and passage outcomesZ Daniel Deng
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99332, USA
Sensors (Basel) 11:5661-76. 2011In Part 1 of this paper, we presented the engineering design and instrumentation of the Juvenile Salmon Acoustic Telemetry System (JSATS) cabled system, a nonproprietary sensing technology developed by the U.S...
- A systematic review of telemonitoring for the management of heart failureAmala A Louis
Department of Cardiology, University of Hull, Castle Hill Hospital, Kingston upon Hull, UK
Eur J Heart Fail 5:583-90. 2003..This provides a means to keep patients with heart failure under close supervision, which could reduce the rate of admission to hospital and accelerate discharge...
- HermesC: low-power wireless neural recording system for freely moving primatesCynthia A Chestek
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 17:330-8. 2009..The HermesC-INI3 system was used to record and telemeter one channel of broadband neural data at 15.7 kSps from a monkey performing routine daily activities in the home cage...
- Continuous-time correlated random walk model for animal telemetry dataDevin S Johnson
National Marine Mammal Laboratory, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
Ecology 89:1208-15. 2008We propose a continuous-time version of the correlated random walk model for animal telemetry data...
- Home telemonitoring in heart failure patients: the HHH study (Home or Hospital in Heart Failure)Andrea Mortara
Department of Cardiology and Heart Failure Unit, Policlinic of Monza, Via Amati 111, 20052 Monza MI, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail 11:312-8. 2009..The HT system was used to monitor clinical and physiological parameters, and its effectiveness (compared with usual care) in reducing cardiac events in heart failure (HF) patients was evaluated. Measurements were patient-managed...
- Stable isotope tracking of endangered sea turtles: validation with satellite telemetry and δ15N analysis of amino acidsJeffrey A Seminoff
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration National Marine Fisheries Service, Southwest Fisheries Science Center, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e37403. 2012..Here we use satellite telemetry in combination with compound-specific isotope analysis of amino acids to confirm that insights from bulk tissue ..
- Normalisation of EMG amplitude: an evaluation and comparison of old and new methodsA Burden
Chelsea School Research Centre, University of Brighton, Hillbrow, Eastbourne, UK
Med Eng Phys 21:247-57. 1999..We conclude that only the Isometric and Isokinetic MVC methods should be used to normalise the amplitude of EMGs from the biceps brachii...
- Resolving issues of imprecise and habitat-biased locations in ecological analyses using GPS telemetry dataJacqueline L Frair
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 1 Forestry Drive, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:2187-200. 2010..The success of these solutions depends critically on understanding the error-inducing mechanisms, and the biggest gap in our current understanding involves species-specific behavioural effects on GPS performance...
- Higher heart rate of laboratory mice housed individually vs in pairsD Späni
Institute of Zoology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, 8057 Zurich
Lab Anim 37:54-62. 2003..Using a radio-telemetry system with implantable transmitters, we recorded heart rate (HR), motor activity (ACT) and body temperature (BT)..
- Energy-efficient low duty cycle MAC protocol for wireless body area networksStevan Jovica Marinković
Department of Microelectronic Engineering, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 13:915-25. 2009..The protocol is implemented on the analog devices ADF7020 RF transceivers...
- The need for speed: testing acceleration for estimating animal travel rates in terrestrial dead-reckoning systemsOwen R Bidder
Biological Sciences, College of Science, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Zoology (Jena) 115:58-64. 2012..We describe a method by which these errors can be minimised, by periodic ground-truthing (e.g., by GPS or VHF telemetry) of the dead-reckoned track and adjusting the relationship between speed and ODBA until actual known positions ..
- Assessment of visceral sensitivity using radio telemetry in a rat model of maternal separationO Welting
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neurogastroenterol Motil 17:838-45. 2005..To avoid this potential stress factor, we developed a model using implanted radio telemetry for remote measurement of the visceromotor response (VMR) to colorectal distention (CRD)...
- Cardiovascular changes during daily torpor in the laboratory mouseSteven J Swoap
Dept of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, MA 01267, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 297:R769-74. 2009..These data provide new and significant insight into the cardiovascular adjustments that occur in torpid mice...
- Assessment of post-laparotomy pain in laboratory mice by telemetric recording of heart rate and heart rate variabilityMargarete Arras
University of Zurich, Institute of Laboratory Animal Science, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Vet Res 3:16. 2007..In this study, we investigated the use of telemetry to identify indicators of mild-to-moderate post-laparotomy pain.
- Development of an integrated wireless sensor network micro-environmental monitoring systemXianghui Cao
State Key Lab of Industrial Control Technology, Institute of Industrial Process Control, Zhejiang University, 310027 Hangzhou, PR China
ISA Trans 47:247-55. 2008..Experimental results are to show the path reliability and real-time characteristics, and to display the feasibility and applicability of the developed system into practical deployment...
- Portable obstructive sleep apnea screening system using overnight ECG and a PDA-based wireless transmission systemKang Ming Chang
Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Telemed J E Health 15:353-61. 2009..02-0.04 Hz) exhibited detection sensitivity of 68.97% and specificity of 100%. This system could meet the future demands of home-based sleep monitoring and thereby reduce the current considerable burdens on hospital sleep centers...
- Designing the optical interface of a transcutaneous optical telemetry linkD Michael Ackermann
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:1365-73. 2008Optical telemetry has long been an option for transcutaneous data transfer and has been used in various types of implanted systems...
- Effect of peri-modiolar cochlear implant positioning on auditory nerve responses: a neural response telemetry studyStijn Van Weert
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Otolaryngol 125:725-31. 2005..However, modiolus hugging did reduce the spread of excitation for the basal and apical electrodes. This improved stimulation selectivity may result in improved speech discrimination by implant users...
- Neural response telemetry results with the nucleus 24 contour in a perimodiolar positionMichael D Seidman
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Henry Ford Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan 48323, USA
Otol Neurotol 26:620-3. 2005The purpose of the study was to analyze changes in neural response telemetry using the Cochlear Nucleus 24 Contour before and after stylet removal in a human model.
- Methodological validation of an existing telemetry system for QT evaluation in conscious guinea pigsMotohiro Shiotani
Worldwide Safety Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Nagoya Laboratories, Pfizer Japan Inc 5 2 Taketoyo, Aichi 470 2393, Japan
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 55:27-34. 2007..Our purpose was to provide detailed methodological information on an existing telemetry recording system for use in evaluating QT interval prolongation in guinea pigs.
- Accelerometry combined with heart rate telemetry in the assessment of total energy expenditureH Patrik Johansson
The Astrand Laboratory of Work Physiology, Stockholm University College of Physical Education and Sports, Sweden
Br J Nutr 95:631-9. 2006..a new method for total energy expenditure (TEE) assessment, using accelerometry (ACC) and heart rate (HR) telemetry in combination; (2) to validate the new method against the criterion measure (DLW) and to compare with two of ..
- Doppler-shift compensation in the Taiwanese leaf-nosed bat (Hipposideros terasensis) recorded with a telemetry microphone system during flightShizuko Hiryu
Department of Electrical Engineering, Doshisha University, Kyotanabe 610 0321, Japan
J Acoust Soc Am 118:3927-33. 2005..Echolocation sounds were recorded using a telemetry microphone mounted on the bat's head...
- Use of neural response telemetry measures to objectively set the comfort levels in the Nucleus 24 cochlear implantJohn E King
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University of South Carolina, 135 Rutledge Avenue, P O Box 250550, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 17:413-31; quiz 462. 2006..Nucleus 24, several methods have been suggested for estimation of comfort levels (C levels) from neural response telemetry (NRT); however, many require co-application of clinical measurements...
- Miniaturization (0.2 g) and evaluation of attachment techniques of telemetry transmittersB Naef-Daenzer
Swiss Ornithological Institute, CH 6204 Sempach, Switzerland
J Exp Biol 208:4063-8. 2005..The new design is also suitable for miniature implants and signal modulation with sensors...
- Healthcare professional acceptance of telemonitoring for chronic care patients in primary careJose Asua
Department of Health and Consumer Affairs, Basque Government, Office for Health Technology Assessment Osteba, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:139. 2012..This study aims to examine the psychosocial factors related to telemonitoring acceptance among healthcare professionals and to apply a theory-based instrument...
- Electrical compound action potentials recorded with automated neural response telemetry: threshold changes as a function of time and electrode positionLynn Spivak
Apelian Cochlear Implant Center, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Ear Hear 32:104-13. 2011Since the introduction of neural response telemetry (NRT) for the Nucleus 24 cochlear implant (CI24), researchers and clinicians have investigated the feasibility of using the electrically evoked compound action potential (ECAP) ..
- Husbandry refinements for rats, mice, dogs and non-human primates used in telemetry procedures. Seventh report of the BVAAWF/FRAME/RSPCA/UFAW Joint Working Group on Refinement, Part BPenny Hawkins
Research Animals Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, West Sussex, RH13 9RS, UK
Lab Anim 38:1-10. 2004
- Infrared transmission of electronic information via LAN in the operating roomS Hagihira
Department of Anesthesiology and Surgical Center, Osaka Prefectural Habikino Hospital, Habikino City, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Monit Comput 16:171-5. 2000..Furthermore, IR modems showed similar performance to a wired system even in an electrically noisy environment. We conclude that IR wireless connectivity can be safely and effectively used in ORs...
- Comparison of telemetry and high-definition oscillometry for blood pressure measurements in conscious dogs: effects of torcetrapibOlivier Meyer
F Hoffmann La Roche, Pharmaceuticals Division Non Clinical Drug Safety, Basel, Switzerland
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 49:464-71. 2010..blood pressure (BP) changes simultaneously obtained by high-definition oscillometry (HDO) and telemetry. Male beagles (n = 6) received single oral doses of vehicle or torcetrapib at 10 or 30 mg/kg; BP were acquired ..
- Stress-like responses to common procedures in rats: effect of the estrous cycleJody L Sharp
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 41:15-22. 2002..We conclude that cycling female rats show stress-like effects when they are subjected to or witness common husbandry and experimental procedures, but there is little to no effect of the estrous cycle...
- Daily jaw muscle activity in freely moving rats measured with radio-telemetryNobuhiko Kawai
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Developmental Biology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Eur J Oral Sci 115:15-20. 2007..was to examine daily jaw muscle activity, and its variability over time, in the rat (n = 12) by the use of radio-telemetry. A telemetric device was implanted for the continuous recording of masseter muscle and digastric muscle activity...
- Dynamic habitat models: using telemetry data to project fisheries bycatchRamunas Zydelis
Center for Marine Conservation, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University Marine Laboratory, 135 Duke Marine Laboratory Road, Beaufort, NC 28516, USA
Proc Biol Sci 278:3191-200. 2011..habitats for Laysan (Phoebastria immutabilis) and black-footed albatrosses (Phoebastria nigripes) using telemetry data and relating their occurrence probabilities to observations of Hawaii-based longline fisheries in 1997-2000...
- Improving patient care by making small sustainable changes: a cardiac telemetry unit's experienceJane S Braaten
Cardiovascular Services, Porter Adventist Hospital, Centura Health, Denver, CO, USA
Nurs Econ 25:162-6. 2007....
- Comparison of ear tattoo, ear notching and microtattoo in rats undergoing cardiovascular telemetryI H E Kasanen
Laboratory Animal Center, University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
Lab Anim 45:154-9. 2011..In conclusion, microtattoo appears to cause the mildest changes in HR and blood pressure. Based on these results, ear tattoo and ear notching should be replaced by microtattoo whenever possible...
- Mandarin speech perception in nucleus CI 24 implantees using MAPs based on neural response telemetryYu Sheng Sun
Department of Speech and Hearing Disorders and Sciences, National Taipei College of Nursing, Taipei, Taiwan
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 66:255-61. 2004..Therefore, in certain cases that behavioral MAPs are difficult to obtain (such as in very young or multiple handicapped children), NRT-based MAPs may serve reliably as an initial estimation...
- Impact of 'living apart together' on postoperative recovery of mice compared with social and individual housingPascalle L P Van Loo
Division of Laboratory Animal Science, Department of Animals, Science and Society, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Lab Anim 41:441-55. 2007..housed (IND) mice, nine socially housed (SOC) mice and nine mice, housed LAT, were surgically implanted with a telemetry transmitter...
- A novel telemetry system for recording EEG in small animalsPishan Chang
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, UCL Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 3BG, UK
J Neurosci Methods 201:106-15. 2011..The resulting system permits long-term, continuous, monitoring of EEG signals, therefore providing continuous and reliable data upon which to base studies of epilepsy in freely moving animals...
- Pilot and definitive studies to evaluate Insertional MutagenesisLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2012..QT Prolongation in Beagle Dog via Implantable Telemetry: This study has been awarded to the lab to determine the sensitivity and specificity of the conscious canine ..
- Studies to Evaluate the Toxicological Potential of Test ArticlesLU TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..QT Prolongation in Beagle Dog via Implantable Telemetry: This study has been awarded to the lab to determine the sensitivity and specificity of the conscious canine ..
- Ang II and Overnutrition and Insulin resistance in Cardiovascular TissueJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..5 mg/kg/day, a dose determined by telemetry to have no effect on blood pressure in db/db mice...
- Aldosterone Action In The Brain, Hypertension and InflammationELISE PEERY GOMEZ-SANCHEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Telemetry with spectral analysis of wave form to assess baroreceptor function and sympathetic drive, and doppler-..
- Interactions of the RAAS and a Western Diet on Insulin Metabolic ActionsJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..A cohort of animals will be treated with an AT1R blocker or a mineralocortiod receptor in doses determined by telemetry to have no effect on blood pressure in mice...
- Targeting thermoreceptors for therapeutic hypothermiaSean P Marrelli; Fiscal Year: 2012..such as core temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate) will be collected by chronic catheterization or telemetry. Neuroprotection will be measured by histological means and behavioral testing out to 28 days recovery...
- Molecular Mechanism of Acrolein-Induced Vascular Toxicity: Role of PPAR gamma andZivar Yousefipour; Fiscal Year: 2013..mice, and NOS knockout mice will be utilized to determine changes in blood pressure and vascular responses by telemetry and hemodynamic analysis. NAD(P)H oxidase expression, activity and superoxide generation will be investigated...
- Molecular Mechanism of Arterial StiffeningZhongjie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..conditional kidney-specific gene knockout, in vivo gene delivery, and real-time monitoring of blood pressure (telemetry)...
- ANGIOTENSINS, PROSTAGLANDINS-ADRENERGIC INTERACTIONSKafait U Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..and cPLA2[unreadable]- /- mice;2) Adenovirus (Ad) cPLA2[unreadable] shRNA and Ad cPLA2[unreadable] DNA;3) telemetry for measuring BP and echocardiography for assessing cardiac function;4) histological, immunohistochemical, and ..
- Peptide Therapy for Pulmonary Arterial HypertensionJawaharlal M Patel; Fiscal Year: 2013..and attenuates increase in pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) but not systemic artery pressure (SAP) monitored in telemetry implanted conscious rat model of hypoxia-induced PH...
- Sleep in Rats: From Conceptualization to Measurement, Analysis and InterpretationGayle Giboney Page; Fiscal Year: 2010..is to be dedicated to developing proficiency in electroencephalogram (EEG)/electromyogram (EMG) electrode and telemetry unit implantation, quantification of arousal states and EEG spectral analysis, and statistical methods in the ..
- AREA: Rapamycin, ambient temperature, and longevitySteven J Swoap; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to use indirect calorimetry and a telemetry-based heart rate and body temperature detection system to measure these physiological variables in mice at ..
- Atrial Fibrillation in Hyperthyroidism: Active Antibodies to Autonomic ReceptorsDAVID KEM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim Bii) Study the development of AF (by ECG telemetry) in young (6 mo) and old (>5yrs) rabbits immunized to produce target-specific AAB1AR and/or AAM2R without and ..
- Preoptic histamine signaling in thermoregulation and energy expenditureIUSTIN VIRGIL TABAREAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..the PO/AH on core body temperature and energy expenditure will be investigated in Specific Aim3 which will use telemetry, indirect calorimetry and ex-vivo quantification of the expression of uncoupling proteins 1, 2 and 3 at the mRNA ..
- TBI epileptogenesis: pathologic hippocampal L-glut synaptic plasticityJohn T Slevin; Fiscal Year: 2011..appropriate controls) that have been administered a lateral fluid percussion injury (LFPI) and then monitored by telemetry until electroencephalographic (EEG) evidence of epileptiform activity: (1) Measure of tonic glutamate levels and ..
- The Ecology, Emergence and Pandemic Potential of Nipah virus in BangladeshPeter Daszak; Fiscal Year: 2012..and parameterize this with measurements of the migration rate between bat colonies based on satellite and radio telemetry. We will sequence NiV isolates, and examine strain diversity in bats in relation to spillover outbreaks...
- Investigation into Cold-induced Pulmonary Vascular Inflammation and DysfunctionZhongjie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..including in vivo SMC-specific and macrophage-specific gene delivery and real-time monitoring of RV pressure (telemetry)...
- College of Medicine Phoenix Campus Vivarium Phase I ConstructionWilliam M Crist; Fiscal Year: 2010..and veterinary procedures;surgical facilities, and procedure rooms for physiological measurement, telemetry, injections, blood and tissue collection, and other in vivo procedures...
- Role of the CNS in Inappropriate Vasopressin Release Associated with CirrhosisJOSEPH D WALCH; Fiscal Year: 2013..cage studies to measure urine and sodium excretion, chronic blood pressure and heart rate recording with radio telemetry, adeno- associated viral mediated knock down studies, patch clamp electrophysiology in brain slices, and western ..
- Building Core Programs in Cardiovascular and Metabolic DiseasePaul G McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2010..be created that includes essential equipment for high resolution confocal microscopy, electrophysiology, and telemetry systems for monitoring the development of hemodynamic changes in animal models of cardiovascular disease...
- Vascular ANGII/Jak2 in progression of renal diseasePeter P Sayeski; Fiscal Year: 2012..All animals studied will be chronically instrumented for blood pressure measurement by telemetry, will have metabolic cage studies to follow the development of proteinuria and total NO production and tissues/..
- WEARABLE SENSOR FOR CONTINUOUS NONINVASIVE MONITORING OF PULSE PRESSURESridhar Madala; Fiscal Year: 2010..microcontroller with software for calculation of hemodynamic parameters, and a bi-directional wireless link for telemetry. During phase I we will 1) build a multi-element Doppler transducer and bench top wired Pulsed Doppler ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Pulmonary Vein Insolation vs. Medical Management in PMICHAEL FARRIS WATERS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This protocol is unique in that it incorporates continuous remote 7 day telemetry to identify the true percentage of time patients are in atrial fibrillation (their "atrial fibrillation burden") ..
- Regulation of sympathetic function by infarctionBeth A Habecker; Fiscal Year: 2013..regeneration and sympathetic neurochemical properties, and will combine that with echocardiography, ECG telemetry in conscious mice, and ex vivo optical mapping to determine how changes in sympathetic transmission alter ..
- Cardiac and Renal Effects of N-AcetylcysteineMarkus Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2011..stain), renal function (Creatinine), renal tubular markers of kidney injury and an arrhythmia evaluation (ECG telemetry, electrophysiological testing)...
- Renal Vascular Reactivity in HypertensionWilliam J Arendshorst; Fiscal Year: 2013..The severity of AIH is determined by measuring 24-hr arterial pressure (telemetry) in conscious, unrestrained mice before and during chronic Ang II infusion...
- Clinical Evaluation of a Long Term Implanted Glucose SensorJOSEPH Y LUCISANO; Fiscal Year: 2011..We are developing a long-term glucose sensor with battery-operated telemetry for implantation in subcutaneous tissues...
- A Novel Mechanism by which iPLA2 Links Diabetes to Cardiovascular DiseasesZhenheng Guo; Fiscal Year: 2012..and vascular tone will be assayed in isolated vasculatures and blood pressure will be determined in animals by telemetry. While the development of hypertension in type 2 diabetes seems to be the result of multiple maladaptive ..
- Peripheral chemoreflex hypersensitivity and periodic breathing in heart failureNOAH JUSTIN MARCUS; Fiscal Year: 2013..EMG (to assess breathing effort/pattern) and renal sympathetic nerve activity (RSNA) at rest via implanted telemetry electrodes, and acute RSNA and ventilatory responses to activation of the CB and central chemoreflexes via brief ..
- Regulation of Blood Pressure by KlothoZhongjie Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..knockout, in vivo DCT- and endothelial cell-specific gene delivery, and real-time monitoring of blood pressure (telemetry)...
- Monocyte P311 Expression Level as Predictor of Hypertension in MiceLucia Schuger; Fiscal Year: 2010..By performing telemetry studies we recently found that p311-deficient mice (P311 KOs) have pronounced systemic systolic and diastolic ..
- GABA-A alpha5 cognitive enhancers: pharmacology and neuropsychology in macaquesNancy A Ator; Fiscal Year: 2011..4 monkeys will be also be trained on the delayed-match-to- sample test and implanted with radio-telemetry devices to measure cardiovascular and respiratory responses for dose-ranging studies...
- WincsNanotrode development for DBSKendall H Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..Instantaneous Neurotransmitter Concentration Sensor (WINCS), an instrumentation system that combines digital telemetry with fast-scan cyclic voltammetry (FSCV) and amperometry, coupled to CNF based electrode technology developed at ..
- Wireless Novel MicroEEG for Neonatal Apnea and Community Neurological NetworkZACHARY H IBRAHIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..For this purpose we will leverage the performance of our existing digital wireless telemetry unit, the "microEEG" for the NICU, particularly in prolonged recordings...
- A PDGFR inhibitor for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertensionLawrence S Zisman; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effect of the drug candidates on pulmonary hypertension will be measured by continuous telemetry monitoring of pulmonary artery pressure...
- Electrophysiology of zona incerta neuronsIUSTIN VIRGIL TABAREAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim2). In Sp Aim 3 we will determine using telemetry and local infusions of pharmacological agents the role of AVP and neurotensin signaling in the ZIv in ..
- Investigating Health Effects From Exposure to Organic Carbon and Nickel AerosolRichard E Peltier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Prior to exposure, each mouse will be surgically implanted with radio telemetry devices for real time measurement of mouse activity, body temperature, and 2-channel electrocardiogram...
- Targeting Central A1 Adenosine Receptors Induces Hypothermia for StrokeKelly L Drew; Fiscal Year: 2013..of mild to moderate therapeutic hypothermia induced by the A1AR agonist 6N-cyclohexyladenosine (CHA) using telemetry and other techniques to monitor brain temperature, ECG, blood pressure and other physiological parameters during ..
- Wireless ECoG Recording for Epilepsy MonitoringStuart F Cogan; Fiscal Year: 2013..ASIC design and procurement will be managed by Sigenics. IIT will oversee the telemetry system and electrical interface development. Animal studies will be conducted at the University of Chicago...
- EMG-Based Multi-Joint Control of Dexterous Prosthetic LimbsCHRISTOPHER LEE PULLIAM; Fiscal Year: 2012..develop more functional myoelectric prostheses for amputees by incorporating a fully implanted EMG recording and telemetry system for use in prosthesis control...
- Effects of Hibernation on Hemostasis in 13-lined Ground SquirrelsScott T Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..By implanting ground squirrels with telemetry sensors, we will be able to determine when animals are in the five stages of hibernation: non-hibernating, ..
- Mechanisms of Vascular Protection after Acute StrokeSusan C Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..hypertensive and hyperglycemic rat models of temporary cerebral ischemia, continuous BP monitoring via telemetry, laser Doppler flowmetry, BP lowering and pharmacologic MMP and oxidative stress modulation...
- Development of a wearable telemetry module and dual hormone infusion set for useRobert S Cargill; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pig study costs will largely be covered elsewhere. ..
- Seizure-induced Neuronal Loss and Epileptogenesis in the Immature BrainJEFFREY JOHN EKSTRAND; Fiscal Year: 2013..Animals will be monitored continuously with a wireless EEG telemetry system with video analysis of behavior to ensure an accurate assessment of which animals develop epilepsy...
- Innovation for Smoke-Free Homes: Real-Time FeedbackMelbourne F Hovell; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is also the first large-scale test of a new technology in residential tobacco control, where real-time and telemetry feedback to investigators will both enable immediate feedback from light and sound alerts to families and inform ..
- Mechanisms of Obesity-Induced Sympathetic ActivationMARTIN SHAW MUNTZEL; Fiscal Year: 2011..infusion of leptin or insulin produce long-term elevations in SNA measured continuously by telemetry. Third, we will establish whether increases in leptin and insulin, secondary to a high-fat diet, will produce ..
- Gap Junctional Patterning in Arrhythmic HeartRobert G Gourdie; Fiscal Year: 2013..within the physiological framework of cardiac injury in vivo will be assessed by echocardiography, EKG telemetry, optical mapping of electrical activation and arrhythmia induction protocols...
- Workload effects on response time to life-threatening arrhythmiasNoa Segall; Fiscal Year: 2012..for timely detection of cardiac events, more and more at-risk patients are now monitored remotely by cardiac telemetry technicians...
- Neural mechanisms of the methamphetamine-sensitive circadian oscillatorDAVID ALEXANDER WOOD; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Telemetry transmitters will be implanted for collection of Tb and LMA data in mice receiving injections of the neurotoxin ..
- Conformal, Portable External Fetal Heart MonitorMartin Culjat; Fiscal Year: 2011..Further, the improved FHM will incorporate wireless telemetry, including a lightweight battery-operated system, eliminating the need for cabling to the fetal monitor...
- Biomarkers for epileptogenesis after brain injuryKevin J Staley; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, we will use a novel miniature telemetry device for continuous recording of video-EEG together with validated, unbiased computer detection algorithms to ..
- Wirelessly-operated Implantable MEMS Micropumps for Drug Infusion in MiceELLIS MENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pumps will be assembled and integrated with wireless telemetry and a software graphical user interface that enables user-initiated remote activation of the pump anywhere ..
- Behavior, physiology, and neurobiology of chronic nicotine exposure in monkeyBrandi L Blaylock; Fiscal Year: 2012..of chronic NIC exposure on physiological, behavioral, and neurobiological baselines will be assessed using telemetry, NIC discrimination, positron emission tomography (PET), and unconditioned behaviors...
- New Method For Protein Sampling and Delivery in BrainWALTER BLUMENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..One can be used on the laboratory bench, whereas the other one will be a miniaturized, telemetry-controlled version portable by the experimental animal...
- Ambulatory Cardiac Monitor to Address Heart Disease in American Indian PopulationKEVIN M KRAMER; Fiscal Year: 2012..products include traditional Holter recorders, cardiac arrhythmia event loop recorders, and recently introduced telemetry-enabled cardiac monitors that utilize cellular phone networks to provide live or semi-live periodic data ..
- Miniature Deep Thermal Imager for Continuous Monitoring of BAT MetabolismPAUL RATH STAUFFER; Fiscal Year: 2012..bandage-size patch sensor including radiometer circuitry, EMI shielding, battery power source, and wireless telemetry link...
- Distance Bounded Impulse Radio For Continuous Glucose SensorGREGORY JOHN SEIFERT; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposed project aims to develop an advanced telemetry system for body worn continuous glucose sensors using a new radio based on distance-bounded ultra wideband impulse radio technology for ..
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL RELATIONS IN SENESCENT HIPPOCAMPUSCarol Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2009..retrieval of hippocampal network patterns when path integration operations are engaged in open space (using telemetry), and that the global network activity state will be altered in both age groups when the animals are restrained...
- NEUROBEHAVIORAL RELATIONS IN SENESCENT HIPPOCAMPUSCarol A Barnes; Fiscal Year: 2013..retrieval of hippocampal network patterns when path integration operations are engaged in open space (using telemetry), and that the global network activity state will be altered in both age groups when the animals are restrained...
- Medical Sensor Applications of Tunnel Magnetoresistance (TMR)Robert J Knuesel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Further applications include probe localization, audio transmission, and telemetry. Integrating TMR sensors into medical devices will result in smaller, more powerful, and more efficient systems...
- Telemetric Implantable Intraocular Pressure Sensor SysteLAWRENCE WAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..effect, and the interface electronics materials and electronic chip (ASIC) and other items which form the telemetry signal will be outsourced...
- Predicting Driving Safety in Advancing AgeMatthew Rizzo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Real-life driving wil be studied longitudinally using modern instrumentation and telemetry packages providing direct, detailed information on behavior from each driver's own vehicle over two 3-month ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN IMPLANTABLE EMG MICRO-TELEMETERDAVID EDELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Phase-1 project successfully demonstrated telemetry of low noise EMG signals from a chronically implanted rabbit using optical telemetry for power and signal...
- SYSTOLIC CARDIAC FUNCTION IN OBESITY AND EXERCISEJOAN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will use acute and chronic (telemetry) measurement of heart rate and blood pressure, as well as colored microspheres, to study hemodynamics...
- LCP Nerve Cuff with Telemetry for Prosthetic SensationRONALD RISO; Fiscal Year: 2004..PHASE II work will involve in-vivo tests in animal models followed by evaluation in clinical trials with amputee volunteers and with spinal cord injury and stroke patients. ..
- VERY LOW ENERGY CARDIOVERSION FOR ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONPatrick Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2003..A telemetry system will be implanted in an ovine model of AF...
- A Novel Load Sensing Tibial Prosthesis DesignDARRYL D LIMA; Fiscal Year: 2006..1) Design and develop a prototype total knee arthroplasty tibial component instrumented with strain gauges and a telemetry system. Aim 2) In vitro cadaver testing to demonstrate accuracy, feasibility, and integrity of telemetry link...
- Epileptogenesis after febrile status epilepticus: a role of hyperthermiaClaude Wasterlain; Fiscal Year: 2009..and anatomical consequences of status epilepticus in those 2 groups and in several control groups, using telemetry-video monitoring of seizures, and using several anatomical markers of neuronal injury and death...
- SCBA OXIMETRY FOR FIRE FIGHTER PHYSIOLOGIC MONITORINGWILLIAM WIESMANN; Fiscal Year: 2005..protective equipment (PPE) through self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)-based oximetry systems, radio-telemetry and processing software for the development of an adjunct safety device addressing the prevalent problem of ..
- Sensate Scaffolds for Orthopaedic Tissue RepairJohn Szivek; Fiscal Year: 2005..to, distal to and from within joints utilizing a novel in vivo sensing technique in conjunction with radio telemetry to better understand loading of tissues in joints and the way in which scaffolds (designed to carry engineered ..
- Multivariate Parkinson's Disease Prediction SystemDUSTIN HELDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The system should allow general practitioners to screen for PD. The MPPS will consist of small, lightweight, telemetry hardware modules and a clinical base station. A motor module will sense three-dimensional motion...
- LabMaster: Calo/Dri-Fed/Act.XYZ/Wheel 16 Mice/RatsMichael Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Combined with simultaneous measures of locomotor activity, wheel running activity, and body temperature (by telemetry), this system provides not only measures of total energy expenditure, but clarifies whether differences in ..
- Enabling Sleep Apnea Patient-Centered Care Via an Internet InterventionCarl Stepnowsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..interoperable ?internet intervention? for patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea syndrome (OSA) that integrates a telemetry treatment device and an internet-based portal that facilitates patient-centered, collaborative management for ..
- Pulmonary Airflow Monitor in Tracheostomized ChildrenMALVERN BENJAMIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..to develop a system that will consist of a high-fidelity piezoelectric gas flow sensor, signal conditioner and a telemetry unit for data transmission and alarms so that the patient's mobility is not constrained...
- CYTOKINE-INDUCED ARRHYTHMIAS IN CONGESTIVE HEART FAILUREBarry London; Fiscal Year: 2004..Radio-telemetry monitoring of transgenic mice shows high-grade atrial and ventricular arrhythmias...