Genomes and Genes
Summary: The process of observing, recording, or detecting the effects of a chemical substance administered to an individual therapeutically or diagnostically.
Publications378 found, 100 shown here
- Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trialP Mugyenyi
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, 222 Euston Road, London NW1 2DA, UK
Lancet 375:123-31. 2010..This trial investigated whether routine toxicity and efficacy monitoring of HIV-infected patients receiving ART had an important long-term effect on clinical outcomes in Africa...
- Prescription drug monitoring programs and death rates from drug overdoseLeonard J Paulozzi
Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pain Med 12:747-54. 2011..State prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) are designed to prevent the abuse of such drugs...
- Switching to second-line antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: comparison of programmes with and without viral load monitoringOlivia Keiser
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
AIDS 23:1867-74. 2009..We examined switching from nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based first-line regimens to protease inhibitor-based regimens in Africa, South America and Asia...
- Immunologic criteria are poor predictors of virologic outcome: implications for HIV treatment monitoring in resource-limited settingsHolly E Rawizza
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:1283-90. 2011..In the absence of VL monitoring, switches to second-line ART are based on World Health Organization (WHO) clinical or immunologic failure criteria...
- Failure of immunologic criteria to appropriately identify antiretroviral treatment failure in UgandaSteven J Reynolds
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
AIDS 23:697-700. 2009..Our objective was to evaluate immunologic failure criteria against gold standard virologic monitoring...
- Antiepileptic drugs--best practice guidelines for therapeutic drug monitoring: a position paper by the subcommission on therapeutic drug monitoring, ILAE Commission on Therapeutic StrategiesPhilip N Patsalos
Institute of Neurology The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London and The Chalfont Centre for Epilepsy, Chalfont St Peter, United Kingdom
Epilepsia 49:1239-76. 2008Although no randomized studies have demonstrated a positive impact of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) on clinical outcome in epilepsy, evidence from nonrandomized studies and everyday clinical experience does indicate that measuring ..
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of tacrolimus in solid organ transplantationChristine E Staatz
School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 43:623-53. 2004..Researchers have started to question current reliance on trough measurement during therapeutic drug monitoring, with instances of toxicity and rejection occurring when trough concentrations are within 'acceptable' ranges...
- Current evidence for a strategic approach to the management of rheumatoid arthritis with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: a systematic literature review informing the EULAR recommendations for the management of rheumatoid arthritisR Knevel
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, Albinusdreef 2, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 69:987-94. 2010..To perform a systematic literature review of effective strategies for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Challenges and opportunities for the implementation of virological testing in resource-limited settingsTeri Roberts
Medecins Sans Frontieres Access Campaign, Geneva, Switzerland
J Int AIDS Soc 15:17324. 2012....
- Web-based intensive monitoring: from passive to active drug surveillanceLinda Härmark
Netherlands Pharmacovigilance Centre Lareb, Goudsbloemvallei 7, 5237MH s Hertogenbosch, s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:45-51. 2012..Methods that can facilitate gathering of the requested information are essential. In this article, web-based intensive monitoring is described and future applications of this method are discussed...
- Predictors of serological cure and Serofast State after treatment in HIV-negative persons with early syphilisArlene C Sena
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Clin Infect Dis 53:1092-9. 2011..Syphilis management requires serological monitoring after therapy. We compared factors associated with serological response after treatment of early (ie, primary, secondary, or early latent) syphilis...
- 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine as a new marker for monitoring tumor response to antiproliferative therapy in vivo with positron emission tomographyHenryk Barthel
Cancer Research United Kingdom PET Oncology Group, Department of Cancer Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:3791-8. 2003..The decrease in [(18)F]FLT uptake after 5-FU was more pronounced than that of [(18)F]FDG. [(18)F]FLT is, therefore, a promising marker for monitoring antiproliferative drug activity in oncology that warrants additional testing...
- An interdisciplinary HIV-adherence program combining motivational interviewing and electronic antiretroviral drug monitoringIsabelle Krummenacher
Community Pharmacy Research Unit, Pharmaceutical Sciences Section, Universities of Geneva and Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
AIDS Care 23:550-61. 2011..The program consists of a multifactorial intervention along with electronic drug monitoring (MEMS(TM))...
- Risks of stroke and mortality associated with suboptimal anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation patientsA M Gallagher
General Practice Research Database, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 106:968-77. 2011..18-0.25). Mortality rates were also significantly lower with at least 70% of time spent within therapeutic range. In conclusion, good anticoagulation control was associated with a reduction in the risk of stroke...
- Serial interferon-gamma release assays during treatment of active tuberculosis in young adultsSei Won Lee
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Lung Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
BMC Infect Dis 10:300. 2010..We evaluated the results of the QuantiFERON-TB Gold In-tube (QFT-GIT) assay over time during the anti-TB treatment of adults with no underlying disease...
- A prospective study of an aggressive warfarin dosing algorithm to reach and maintain INR 2 to 3 after heart valve surgeryKarina Meijer
Division of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, Department of Haematology, University Medical Centre Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Thromb Haemost 105:232-8. 2011..We demonstrate an improvement of the level of anticoagulation control with the use of a condition-specific, aggressive algorithm, as compared to standard dosing, in patients after heart valve surgery...
- Early detection of response to experimental chemotherapeutic Top216 with [18F]FLT and [18F]FDG PET in human ovary cancer xenografts in miceMette Munk Jensen
Cluster for Molecular Imaging, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
PLoS ONE 5:e12965. 2010..To do so, we studied early anti-proliferative effects of the experimental chemotherapy Top216 non-invasively by PET...
- SMS reminders improve adherence to oral medication in type 2 diabetes patients who are real time electronically monitoredM Vervloet
NIVEL, Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Med Inform 81:594-604. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the effect of these SMS reminders on adherence to oral antidiabetics in patients using RTMM and investigate patients' experiences with RTMM...
- Consensus report on therapeutic drug monitoring of mycophenolic acid in solid organ transplantationDirk R J Kuypers
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:341-58. 2010..Few studies have assessed the clinical usefulness of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of MPA in solid organ transplantation in a prospective way, and they have produced opposing results...
- Monitoring one-year compliance to antihypertension medication in the SeychellesPascal Bovet
Institut Universitaire de Medecine Sociale et Preventive, Lausanne, Switzerland
Bull World Health Organ 80:33-9. 2002..To examine the compliance to medication among newly diagnosed hypertensive patients screened from the general population of the Seychelles, a rapidly developing country...
- Incidence, clinical features and impact on anti-tuberculosis treatment of anti-tuberculosis drug induced liver injury (ATLI) in ChinaPenghui Shang
Department of Epidemiology and Bio statistics, School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Centre, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21836. 2011..This study aimed to estimate the incidence of ATLI, to better understand its clinical features, and to evaluate its impact on anti-tuberculosis (TB) treatment in China...
- PfHRP2 and PfLDH antigen detection for monitoring the efficacy of artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) in the treatment of uncomplicated falciparum malariaSandrine Houze
Parasitology Laboratory EA209, AP HP, Bichat C, Bernard Hospital, Paris Descartes University, 75018 Paris, France
Malar J 8:211. 2009....
- Opportunities to optimize tacrolimus therapy in solid organ transplantation: report of the European consensus conferencePierre Wallemacq
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Laboratory of Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Universite Catholique de Louvain, University Hospital St Luc, 10 Hippocrate Avenue, Brussels, Belgium
Ther Drug Monit 31:139-52. 2009..TAC has undoubtedly benefited from therapeutic drug monitoring, but interpretation of the blood concentration is confounded by the relative differences between the assays...
- A systematic review of the associations between dose regimens and medication complianceA J Claxton
Global Health Outcomes Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Clin Ther 23:1296-310. 2001..However, compliance in most of these studies was based on patient self-report, blood-level monitoring, prescription refills, or pill count data, none of which are as accurate as electronic monitoring (EM)...
- Field validity and feasibility of four techniques for the detection of Trichuris in simians: a model for monitoring drug efficacy in public health?Bruno Levecke
Department of Virology, Parasitology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 3:e366. 2009..However, studies comparing detection techniques based on sensitivity, fecal egg counts (FEC), feasibility for mass diagnosis and drug efficacy estimates are scarce...
- Evaluation of the pattern of treatment, level of anticoagulation control, and outcome of treatment with warfarin in patients with non-valvar atrial fibrillation: a record linkage study in a large British populationM Jones
School of Mathematics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Heart 91:472-7. 2005..0-3.0 and to explore the relation between achieved INR control and clinical outcomes...
- Individual time within target range in patients treated with vitamin K antagonists: main determinant of quality of anticoagulation and predictor of clinical outcome. A retrospective study of 2300 consecutive patients with venous thromboembolismNic J G M Veeger
Division of Haemostasis, Thrombosis and Rheology, University Hospital Groningen, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Haematol 128:513-9. 2005..Since the 30-d ITTR is highly predictive for total treatment ITTR, these patients can be identified soon after start of treatment...
- Conservation of first-line antiretroviral treatment regimen where therapeutic options are limitedCatherine Orrell
The Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Institute for Infectious Disease and Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Antivir Ther 12:83-8. 2007....
- Vancomycin: the need to suit serum concentrations in hemodialysis patientsLívia Luize Marengo
Pharmacy School, Universidade de Sorocaba, Rua Silvério E Oliveira 160, Jd Saira Sorocaba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 14:203-8. 2010..Approximately 86% of trough vancomycin serum concentrations were below the recommended value, indicating exposure to subtherapeutic doses and a higher risk for selecting resistant microorganisms...
- Risk factors for BK virus infection in the era of therapeutic drug monitoringClaire Borni-Duval
Nephrology Transplantation Department, University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
Transplantation 95:1498-505. 2013..Nevertheless, the exact impact of exposure to tacrolimus and MMF is not well understood...
- Toxicodynamics of itraconazole: implications for therapeutic drug monitoringJodi M Lestner
The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, NIHR Translational Research Facility in Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
Clin Infect Dis 49:928-30. 2009..1 mg/L of itraconazole (measured using a bioassay) was the concentration level at which the population of patients was separated into 2 groups, each with a high and a low probability of toxicity...
- Evaluation of the WHO criteria for antiretroviral treatment failure among adults in South AfricaPaul Mee
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
AIDS 22:1971-7. 2008..To assess the performance of WHO clinical and CD4 cell count criteria for antiretroviral treatment (ART) failure among HIV-infected adults in a workplace HIV care programme in South Africa...
- Evaluation of a new generation of plastic evacuated blood-collection tubes in clinical chemistry, therapeutic drug monitoring, hormone and trace metal analysisJean Marie Boeynaems
Laboratory of Medical Chemistry, Department of Clinical Pathology, Erasme Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:67-71. 2004..These studies demonstrate that VENOSAFE PET tubes are a suitable alternative to glass tubes...
- [Monitoring serum vancomycin concentrations in the treatment of Staphylococcus infections in children]P Mariani-Kurkdjian
Service de Microbiologie, Hopital Robert Debre, AH HP, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75935 Paris Cedex 19, France
Arch Pediatr 15:1625-9. 2008..However, only initial trough vancomycin concentrations may be needed to optimize dosages. The optimal rate of the trough serum level to the minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) should be equal to or greater than 8 in severe infections...
- Clinical efficacy of therapeutic drug monitoring in patients receiving vancomycinTakuya Iwamoto
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:876-9. 2003Efficacy of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of vancomycin (VCM) was retrospectively investigated in 184 patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infection...
- New insights into the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the calcineurin inhibitors and mycophenolic acid: possible consequences for therapeutic drug monitoring in solid organ transplantationHylke de Jonge
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ther Drug Monit 31:416-35. 2009Although therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of immunosuppressive drugs has been an integral part of routine clinical practice in solid organ transplantation for many years, ongoing research in the field of immunosuppressive drug ..
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of nevirapine in resource-limited settingsRafaëlla F A L'homme
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 47:1339-44. 2008..We developed a simple and inexpensive thin-layer chromatography (TLC) assay for semiquantitative detection of saliva concentrations of nevirapine in resource-limited settings. The method was validated in an African target population...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of olanzapine: the combined effect of age, gender, smoking, and comedicationMarianne Gex-Fabry
Department of Psychiatry, Geneva University Hospitals, Switzerland
Ther Drug Monit 25:46-53. 2003Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) data for the antipsychotic drug olanzapine were investigated with respect to concentration versus dose relationship, intraindividual versus interindividual variability, and the combined influence of ..
- Factor VIII requirement to maintain a target plasma level in the prophylactic treatment of severe hemophilia A: influences of variance in pharmacokinetics and treatment regimensP W Collins
University Hospital of Wales, Arthur Bloom Hemophilia centre, Cardiff, Wales, UK
J Thromb Haemost 8:269-75. 2010..Prophylactic factor (F)VIII has been shown to reduce bleeds and arthropathy in patients with severe hemophilia A...
- Increased reporting of detectable plasma HIV-1 RNA levels at the critical threshold of 50 copies per milliliter with the Taqman assay in comparison to the Amplicor assayViviane Lima
British Columbia Centre for Excellence in HIV AIDS, Vancouver, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:3-6. 2009..5, with a particular focus on the most clinically relevant region near the lower limit of quantification...
- Busulphan in blood and marrow transplantation: dose, route, frequency and role of therapeutic drug monitoringChrista Ellen Nath
Department of Biochemistry, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Hawkesbury Rd, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, 2145, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, 2145, Australia
Curr Clin Pharmacol 2:75-91. 2007..Only when this target is defined will therapeutic drug monitoring be useful to minimise toxicity, maximise efficacy and improve transplant outcome.
- Quantification of levetiracetam in human plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: application to therapeutic drug monitoringKamal M Matar
Department of Applied Therapeutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, Kuwait University, Safat, Kuwait
J Pharm Biomed Anal 48:822-8. 2008..99). The suitability of the developed method for therapeutic drug monitoring was demonstrated by measuring LEV in human plasma samples of epileptic patients treated with LEV.
- 'Just a repeat' - When drug monitoring is indicatedCatherine Lucas
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland
Aust Fam Physician 42:18-22. 2013Therapeutic drug monitoring, the measurement of plasma or blood concentrations of a medication to assist the management of patients, is commonly performed by general practitioners and specialists alike...
- Using allopurinol above the dose based on creatinine clearance is effective and safe in patients with chronic gout, including those with renal impairmentLisa K Stamp
University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
Arthritis Rheum 63:412-21. 2011..To determine the efficacy and safety of increasing the allopurinol dose above the proposed creatinine clearance-based dose in patients with gout...
- Vancomycin serum concentration during febrile neutropenia in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaC Hochart
Pharmacie centrale, CHRU de Lille, France
Med Mal Infect 41:652-6. 2011..Adult leukemia patients with febrile neutropenia have a higher volume of distribution requiring increased drug doses. We performed a survey of vancomycin use in that population to assess the accuracy of our dosing guidelines...
- Detection of 22 antiepileptic drugs by ultra-performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry applicable to routine therapeutic drug monitoringMai Shibata
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Education, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Biomed Chromatogr 26:1519-28. 2012..In conclusion, we developed a simple and selective UPLC-MS/MS method suitable for routine therapeutic monitoring of antiepileptics...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of mycophenolic acid in solid organ transplant patients treated with mycophenolate mofetil: review of the literatureWolfgang Arns
Transplant Department, Merheim Medical Center, Cologne General Hospital, Cologne, Germany
Transplantation 82:1004-12. 2006..The contribution of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) during MMF therapy remains controversial...
- Posaconazole exposure-response relationship: evaluating the utility of therapeutic drug monitoringMichael J Dolton
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2806-13. 2012..While therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of plasma concentrations is widely accepted for other triazole antifungal agents such as voriconazole, ..
- The effect of therapeutic drug monitoring on safety and efficacy of voriconazole in invasive fungal infections: a randomized controlled trialWan Beom Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Republic of Korea
Clin Infect Dis 55:1080-7. 2012..no randomized controlled studies have been conducted to evaluate the clinical utility of routine therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of voriconazole...
- β-Lactam therapeutic drug monitoring in the critically ill: optimising drug exposure in patients with fluctuating renal function and hypoalbuminaemiaYoshiro Hayashi
The University of Queensland, UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 41:162-6. 2013..Although antibacterial therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) has traditionally been employed to minimise drug toxicity, the challenges to achieving 'optimal' drug ..
- Vancomycin continuous infusion in neonates: dosing optimisation and therapeutic drug monitoringWei Zhao
Department of Pediatric Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics, Hopital Robert Debre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arch Dis Child 98:449-53. 2013..The aim of this work was to evaluate the results of vancomycin therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) under three different dosing regimens and to optimise vancomycin therapy.
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of antiepileptic drugs by use of salivaPhilip N Patsalos
Pharmacology and Therapeutics Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, United Kingdom
Ther Drug Monit 35:4-29. 2013Blood (serum/plasma) antiepileptic drug (AED) therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) has proven to be an invaluable surrogate marker for individualizing and optimizing the drug management of patients with epilepsy...
- Impact of global geographic region on time in therapeutic range on warfarin anticoagulant therapy: data from the ROCKET AF clinical trialDaniel E Singer
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e000067. 2013..Time in therapeutic range (TTR) is a widely cited measure of the quality of VKA therapy. We sought to identify factors associated with TTR in a large, international clinical trial...
- Computerized clinical decision support systems for therapeutic drug monitoring and dosing: a decision-maker-researcher partnership systematic reviewRobby Nieuwlaat
Population Health Research Institute, McMaster University, Hamilton General Hospital Campus, 237 Barton Street East, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Implement Sci 6:90. 2011..The objective of this review was to determine if CCDSSs improve processes of care or patient outcomes for therapeutic drug monitoring and dosing.
- [Monitoring vancomycin in an intensive care unit: A retrospective survey on 66 patients]D Commandeur
Fédération d anesthésie réanimation urgences, hôpital d instruction des armées Clermont Tonnerre, BCRM de Brest, CC 41, 29240 Brest cedex 9, France
Med Mal Infect 41:410-4. 2011..The authors tried to identify variability factors for vancomycin plasmatic concentrations at peak...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of vancomycin in severe sepsis and septic shockM Vazquez
Pharmaceutical Sciences Department, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Service, Faculty of Chemistry, Montevideo, Uruguay
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 46:140-5. 2008..Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of vancomycin is routinely performed at steady state, target concentrations are peaks between 20 and 40 ..
- Patterns of nonadherence to antiepileptic drug therapy in children with newly diagnosed epilepsyAvani C Modi
Division of Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
JAMA 305:1669-76. 2011..The onset and evolution of antiepileptic drug nonadherence in children with newly diagnosed epilepsy remains unknown...
- The influence of old age and enzyme inducing comedication on the pharmacokinetics of valproic acid at steady-state: A case-matched evaluation based on therapeutic drug monitoring dataCinzia Fattore
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, University of Pavia, Piazza Botta 10, Pavia, Italy
Epilepsy Res 70:153-60. 2006..To evaluate the influence of aging on the pharmacokinetics of valproic acid (VPA) at steady-state and on the susceptibility of VPA metabolism to enzyme induction by antiepileptic comedication...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of immunosuppressive drugs in kidney transplantationDavid W Holt
Analytical Unit, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 11:657-63. 2002b>Drug monitoring has become an accepted adjunct to optimizing therapy with immunosuppressive drugs...
- The convergence of therapeutic drug monitoring and pharmacogenetic testing to optimize efavirenz therapySalvador Cabrera Figueroa
Pharmacy Service, University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Ther Drug Monit 32:579-85. 2010The aim of this study was to show the benefits of combining therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) and pharmacogenetic analyses to optimize efavirenz (EFV) therapy...
- Pooling strategies to reduce the cost of HIV-1 RNA load monitoring in a resource-limited settingG U van Zyl
Division of Medical Virology, Stellenbosch University, and National Health Laboratory Service, Tygerberg, South Africa
Clin Infect Dis 52:264-70. 2011..Recently, the use of pooling strategies with a clinically appropriate viral load threshold was shown to be accurate and efficient for monitoring when the prevalence of virologic failure is low...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of escitalopram in an outpatient settingMargareta Reis
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Ther Drug Monit 29:758-66. 2007..of S-citalopram, S-desmethylcitalopram, and S-didesmethylcitalopram in serum by means of therapeutic drug monitoring; and to investigate potential correlations between the serum concentration and simultaneously collected ..
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of antimicrobialsJason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 73:27-36. 2012..One such method to improve antimicrobial dosing in individual patients is through application of therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- Robust, high-throughput LC-MS/MS method for therapeutic drug monitoring of cyclosporine, tacrolimus, everolimus, and sirolimus in whole bloodRemco A Koster
Laboratory for TDM and Clinical Toxicology, Department of Pharmacy, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 31:116-25. 2009..The methods are already used for more than 20,000 patient samples in the daily routine, analyzing approximately 70 patient samples per day...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for drugs used in the treatment of substance-related disorders: literature review using a therapeutic drug monitoring appropriateness rating scaleSonja Brünen
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Center of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Ther Drug Monit 33:561-72. 2011The efficacy of drugs for the treatment of substance-related disorders is moderate at best. Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) could be an instrument to improve outcomes...
- Simultaneous determination of 12 beta-lactam antibiotics in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography with UV detection: application to therapeutic drug monitoringMarie Clémence Verdier
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Biologique, Hopital de Pontchaillou, 2 rue Henri Le Guilloux, 35033 Rennes Cedex 9, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:4873-9. 2011..This technique is easy to use in routine therapeutic drug monitoring of beta-lactam antibiotics.
- Clinically important drug interactions potentially involving mechanism-based inhibition of cytochrome P450 3A4 and the role of therapeutic drug monitoringShu Feng Zhou
Division of Chinese Medicine, School of Health Sciences, WHO Collaborating Center for Traditional Medicine, RMIT University, Victoria, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 29:687-710. 2007..interactions involving mechanism-based CYP3A4 inhibition, it is necessary to choose safe drug combination regimens, adjust drug dosages appropriately, and conduct therapeutic drug monitoring for drugs with narrow therapeutic indices.
- Pharmacokinetics and therapeutic drug monitoring of antiretrovirals in pregnant womenMatthieu Roustit
CHU de Grenoble, Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, BP217, Grenoble, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 66:179-95. 2008..Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of protease inhibitors (PIs) and non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) is ..
- Therapeutic drug monitoring and clinical outcomes in epileptic Egyptian patients: a gene polymorphism perspective studyAbdel Hameed I Mohammed Ebid
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Faculty of Pharmacy, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt
Ther Drug Monit 29:305-12. 2007..Therefore, it is a priority to assess the utility of dose adjustment on the basis of genotype for these medicines that are substrates for this gene...
- Utilization of pharmacogenomics and therapeutic drug monitoring for opioid pain managementPaul J Jannetto
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WI 53226, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:1157-67. 2009..In this study, pharmacogenomics and therapeutic drug monitoring were used to evaluate the clinical effectiveness of genotyping chronic pain patients on analgesic therapy...
- Relationship between serum trough infliximab levels, pretreatment C reactive protein levels, and clinical response to infliximab treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritisG J Wolbink
Jan van Breemen Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 64:704-7. 2005..To investigate the relationship between serum trough infliximab levels and clinical response to infliximab treatment in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Mini-series: II. clinical aspects. clinically relevant CYP450-mediated drug interactions in the ICUIsabel Spriet
Department of Pharmacy, University Hospital Leuven, Herestraat 49, 3000, Louvain, Belgium
Intensive Care Med 35:603-12. 2009....
- Dried blood spot methods in therapeutic drug monitoring: methods, assays, and pitfallsPeter M Edelbroek
SEIN, Epilepsy Institute, Heemstede, The Netherlands
Ther Drug Monit 31:327-36. 2009This article reviews dried blood spot (DBS) sampling in therapeutic drug monitoring. The DBS method involves applying whole blood obtained via a fingerprick to a sampling paper...
- Monitoring drug-induced gammaH2AX as a pharmacodynamic biomarker in individual circulating tumor cellsLihua H Wang
Laboratory of Human Toxicology and Pharmacology, Science Applications International Corporation, Frederick, MD, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:1073-84. 2010..Here, we describe an assay that directly examines changes in levels of the nuclear DNA damage marker gammaH2AX in individual CTCs of patients treated with chemotherapeutic agents...
- Therapeutic drug monitoring of beta-lactams in critically ill patients: proof of conceptJason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:332-9. 2010..Scant information on beta-lactam antibiotic therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) is available...
- The use of low dose methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis - are we entering a new era of therapeutic drug monitoring and pharmacogenomics?Lisa Stamp
Department of Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biomed Pharmacother 60:678-87. 2006..In the past, attempts at therapeutic drug monitoring using serum MTX concentrations have been unsuccessful...
- Introducing triage logic as a new strategy for the detection of signals in the WHO Drug Monitoring DatabaseM Stahl
Uppsala Monitoring Centre, Uppsala, Sweden
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 13:355-63. 2004An important role for the WHO Programme for International Drug Monitoring is to identify signals of international drug safety problems as early as possible...
- Assessment of vancomycin dosing and subsequent serum concentrations in pediatric patientsLea S Eiland
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Huntsville, AL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:582-9. 2011..Although these recommendations are not specific to pediatrics, the principles can be extrapolated. Desired higher trough serum concentrations will require escalated dosages of vancomycin in children...
- Antibacterial dosing in intensive care: pharmacokinetics, degree of disease and pharmacodynamics of sepsisJason A Roberts
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 45:755-73. 2006..Some patients with serum creatinine values within the normal range can have very high drug clearances, thereby producing low serum drug levels and again leading to underdosing...
- Tandem mass spectrometry method for the quantification of serum busulfanM D Kellogg
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02155, USA
Ther Drug Monit 27:625-9. 2005..This method is a significant improvement over the existing HPLC-UV method for BU determination. The method is highly accurate, reproducible, and requires less specimen, sample preparation, and analysis time...
- Quality assessment of anticoagulation dose management: comparative evaluation of measures of time-in-therapeutic rangeL Schmitt
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacy, Boston University Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 15:213-6. 2003..Time-in-therapeutic range (TTR) is one measure of quality of anticoagulation dose management, but various methodologies exist for measuring TTR...
- Clinical utility of free drug monitoringAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 77030, USA
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:986-93. 2002..However, free drug monitoring is not a routine procedure in clinical laboratories due to technical difficulties and lack of established ..
- Cost-effectiveness of laboratory monitoring in sub-Saharan Africa: a review of the current literatureRochelle P Walensky
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:85-92. 2010....
- Immunosuppressant drug monitoring: is the laboratory meeting clinical expectations?Raymond G Morris
Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Woodville SA, Australia
Ann Pharmacother 39:119-27. 2005To review the literature relating to immunosuppressant drug measurement as performed in therapeutic drug monitoring laboratories associated with transplantation centers and consider whether the assay methods widely used for patient ..
- Quantification of imatinib in human plasma by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryKarine Titier
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pellegrin Hospital and University Victor Segalen, 33076 Bordeaux, France
Ther Drug Monit 27:634-40. 2005..We have developed a LC-MS-MS [corrected] method that could be used for imatinib therapeutic drug monitoring in plasma...
- Intensive treatment with methotrexate in early rheumatoid arthritis: aiming for remission. Computer Assisted Management in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis (CAMERA, an open-label strategy trial)S M M Verstappen
University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1443-9. 2007..To investigate whether intensive treatment with methotrexate (MTX) according to a strict protocol and a computerised decision program is more beneficial compared to conventional treatment with MTX in early rheumatoid arthritis...
- Measuring compliance with drug regimens after renal transplantation: comparison of self-report and clinician rating with electronic monitoringJanet A Butler
University Mental Health Group, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
Transplantation 77:786-9. 2004..Further research on how best to facilitate disclosure in clinical settings may be the best way to develop adherence measures for use in routine practice...
- An audiovisual reminder function improves adherence with inhaled corticosteroid therapy in asthmaThomas Charles
P3 Research, Wellington, New Zealand
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:811-6. 2007..Adherence to medication regimens is poor in the management of chronic diseases, including asthma...
- Hospital admissions resulting from preventable adverse drug reactionsPatrick J McDonnell
School of Pharmacy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140 5101, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:1331-6. 2002..Adverse drug reactions (ADRs) are a significant cause of hospital admissions. These events can lead to significant morbidity and mortality and financial costs. ADRs that may be preventable might be considered a form of medication error...
- Endogenous fluorescence spectroscopy of cell suspensions for chemopreventive drug monitoringNathaniel D Kirkpatrick
Division of Biomedical Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Photochem Photobiol 81:125-34. 2005..Given that each cell line has been shown to have a different apoptotic response to 4HPR, fluorescence redox values along with changes in tryptophan fluorescence may be a response as well as an endpoint marker for chemopreventive drugs...
- Usefulness of monitoring free (unbound) concentrations of therapeutic drugs in patient managementAmitava Dasgupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 2 292, Houston, TX 77030, United States
Clin Chim Acta 377:1-13. 2007..Newer drugs such as mycophenolic acid mofetil and certain protease inhibitors are also considered as candidates for monitoring free drug concentration...
- Pooled nucleic acid testing to detect antiretroviral treatment failure in MexicoMyres W Tilghman
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0711, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 56:e70-4. 2011..We evaluated if a pooling method could improve efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining accuracy...
- Use of procalcitonin to reduce patients' exposure to antibiotics in intensive care units (PRORATA trial): a multicentre randomised controlled trialLila Bouadma
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Universite Paris 7 Denis Diderot, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Lancet 375:463-74. 2010..We aimed to establish the effectiveness of an algorithm based on the biomarker procalcitonin to reduce antibiotic exposure in this setting...
- Immunological parameters to define infection progression and therapy response in a well-defined tuberculosis model in miceJ E M de Steenwinkel
Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam, Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 22:723-34. 2009..Relapse of infection, after inappropriate therapy, manifested as an increase in the serum IFN-gamma concentration...
- Quantifying HIV for monitoring antiretroviral therapy in resource-poor settingsWendy S Stevens
Department of Molecular Medicine and Haematology, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Infect Dis 201:S16-26. 2010..The field is rapidly changing as new technology platforms are made available for evaluation. This article presents an up to date summary of the assays available for viral load monitoring and suggests approaches for their implementation...
- Voriconazole therapeutic drug monitoring in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsS Trifilio
Pharmacy Department, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 35:509-13. 2005....
- Teicoplanin therapeutic drug monitoring in critically ill patients: a retrospective study emphasizing the importance of a loading doseFederico Pea
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Experimental and Clinical Pathology and Medicine, Medical School, University of Udine, P le S Maria della Misericordia 3, 33100 Udine, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:971-5. 2003Data obtained as part of our routine drug monitoring of teicoplanin therapy (therapeutic drug monitoring, TDM) in adult critically ill patients being treated for suspected or documented Gram-positive multiresistant infections were ..
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for therapeutic drug monitoring of infliximabDavid Ternant
Universite Francois Rabelais, Immuno Pharmaco Genetics of Therapeutic Antibodies, Tours, France
Ther Drug Monit 28:169-74. 2006..Data were described using a 1-compartment population pharmacokinetic model. Terminal elimination half-life was 10.9 days. This method is rapid, accurate, and reproducible, and may be useful in therapeutic drug monitoring of infliximab.
- DAS-driven therapy versus routine care in patients with recent-onset active rheumatoid arthritisY P M Goekoop-Ruiterman
Leiden University Medical Centre, Department of Rheumatology C 1 R, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 69:65-9. 2010..To compare the efficacy of Disease Activity Score (DAS)-driven therapy and routine care in patients with recent-onset rheumatoid arthritis...
- Immunosuppressive drug monitoring - what to use in clinical practice today to improve renal graft outcomeDirk R J Kuypers
Department of Nephrology and Renal Transplantation, University Hospitals Leuven, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Transpl Int 18:140-50. 2005Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) of immunosuppressive therapy is becoming an increasingly complex matter as the number of compounds and their respective combinations are continuously expanding...
- Routine drug monitoring of serum concentrations of morphine, morphine-3-glucuronide and morphine-6-glucuronide do not predict clinical observations in cancer patientsPål Klepstad
Department of Anaesthesia and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Palliat Med 17:679-87. 2003The clinical importance of routine drug monitoring of serum concentrations of morphine, morphine-6-glucuronide (M6G) and morphine-3-glucuronide (M3G) during chronic morphine therapy is not established...
- Depot calcineurin inhibitors to prevent graft rejectionThomas J Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..variability of the calcineurin inhibitors cyclosporine A (CsA) and tacrolimus (Tac) means that even frequent drug monitoring cannot eradicate rejection due to sub- therapeutic troughs or toxicity due to higher than necessary peak ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Tacrolimus and New Onset Diabetes After Kidney TransplantKelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the transplanted organ, but therapy is complicated by its narrow therapeutic index, need for therapeutic drug monitoring, high inter-individual variability, and associated toxicities...
- HIV Nucleoside Analogs Translational Studies: Resistance and MetabolismElijah Paintsil; Fiscal Year: 2012..PK-PD studies to make it possible to screen large populations, and secondly, has a potential for therapeutic drug monitoring of HIV-1 patients and optimization of individual therapy especially in persons who are heavily treatment-..
- Local health impacts of Prescription Monitoring Program useTraci C Green; Fiscal Year: 2013..to RFA-CE-12-007, pertaining to research objective #5: to assess the health impact of a state Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. Unintentional drug poisonings-overdoses-have drastically increased over the past decade...
- Effectiveness of Mandatory Prescription Drug MonitoringGuohua Li; Fiscal Year: 2012..The specific aims are: (1) to assess the effectiveness of state Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) in reducing the sales and consumption of prescription drugs;(2) to assess the effectiveness ..
- An Audio Music Self-management Program to Improve ART Adherence in Rural GAMarcia McDonnell Holstad; Fiscal Year: 2013..Assessments will be conducted at baseline and 3, 6, 9 months follow-up. Hair samples for therapeutic drug monitoring will be collected at the study time points as an adherence measure...
- Novel Adherence Measurement and Intervention in Children with New-Onset EpilepsyAvani C Modi; Fiscal Year: 2012..by nationally renowned clinical investigators, courses related to pharmacokinetic modeling and therapeutic drug monitoring, longitudinal design and statistical analyses, clinical trials methodology, grant writing skills, and ..
- Porous Silicon Particles for Sustained Intravitreal Drug DeliveryLingyun Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2013..the loading and removal of daunorubicin changed the spectrum of Psi particles which served as a barcode for drug monitoring and could be captured by a digital camera, allowing for non-invasive monitoring of drug release in the ..
- The Prescriber Opioid Risk Reduction Strategies (PORRS) StudyJeanine K Mount; Fiscal Year: 2013..Major public initiatives include state-level Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMPs) that have been supported by the U.S...
- Home-Based Lithium Level Testing for Bipolar PatientsKUMAR SUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..A disadvantage of lithium is the narrow therapeutic range (0.4 -1.2 mmol/L), which necessitates therapeutic drug monitoring. The concentration of lithium in serum, plasma, urine, or other body fluids have been determined by flame ..
- Preventing Prescription Drug Problems: A Pilot Military Opioid Safety InitiativeMary Jo Larson; Fiscal Year: 2013..A second innovation is that we will promote the use of the SC prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) as one of the educational objectives...
- Implementing Computerized Clinical Assessment of HIV Patient AdherenceAllen L Gifford; Fiscal Year: 2011..Medication adherence will be objectively measured using electronic drug monitoring (EDM)...
- Chemotherapy dose monitoring using a wearable, microdialysis-based assay systemGEORGE SUBREBOST; Fiscal Year: 2010..Strong evidence exists that dose individualization by therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) can decrease these problems...
- PEDIATRIC PHARMACOLOGY RESEARCH UNITGeorge McCracken; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have access to an analytical laboratory that specializes in developing and validating new assays for drug monitoring. We have one of the oldest and largest pediatric infectious disease fellowship training programs in the US ..
- The SPIN Trial (Stories to Promote Information through Narrative): A RCT testingZACHARY FRANKLIN MEISEL; Fiscal Year: 2013..open the guideline and use of an online registration mechanism for enrollment in state sponsored prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs), a guideline recommendation. These outcomes reflect dissemination and intention-to-adopt...
- Paper Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry Device for Direct Analysis of Biofluid SZheng Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2012..biofluid testing, and 3) to develop quantitative methods and to improve device performance for therapeutic drug monitoring and measurement of associated metabolites and conjugates...
- Paper Spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry Device for Direct Analysis of Biofluid SZheng Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2011..biofluid testing, and 3) to develop quantitative methods and to improve device performance for therapeutic drug monitoring and measurement of associated metabolites and conjugates...
- Clozapine Sensors for Improving Therapeutic Treatments of SchizophreniaKaren Wu; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus, therapeutic drug monitoring of plasma drug concentrations through dose adjustments has been advocated in order to increase the use of ..
- Risk Informed Intervention to Improve Ambulatory Drug Monitoring and SafetyTerry S Field; Fiscal Year: 2010..The intervention includes alerts to prescribers recommending laboratory test orders and telephone and mailed reminders to patients. ..
- TDM & Drug Interactions in HIVinfected Substance AbusersGene Morse; Fiscal Year: 2007..pravastatin, and fluoxetine in HIV-infected, substance abusers The proposed methodology employs a Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) program that will facilitate rapid determination of ART in subjects receiving multiple interacting ..
- Sustained release calcineurin inhibitors for the prevention of graft rejectionThomas Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Substantial inter-and intra-patient variability means that even frequent drug monitoring cannot eradicate rejection due to sub-therapeutic troughs or toxicity due to higher than necessary peak ..
- Development of a Point-of-Care Mass Spectrometry Analysis SystemZheng Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2013..protocol based on miniature ion trap and paper spray technologies, and to validate the system for therapeutic drug monitoring with oncology drugs...
- R21 Project: St. John's Wort vs. Placebo in OCDKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2003..SJW is very well tolerated with mild side effects observed in only 2.5% of cases in a large drug monitoring study...
- Therapeutic Index Evaluation for Tacrolimus and LevetiracetamWilliam A Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2013..the immunosuppressant drug tacrolimus and the anti-epileptic agent levetiracetam, using archived therapeutic drug monitoring data for individual patients, and 2) Establishment of a PK-PD relationship for the aforementioned pilot drugs ..
- NEW DECISION SUPPORTS AND DATABASES FOR DRUG DOSAGERoger Jelliffe; Fiscal Year: 2000..We will also develop stochastic strategies for optimal experimental design and therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM)...
- Analysis of PDMP Data Assessing Impact of State Intervention on High-Risk PrescriAndrew Kolodny; Fiscal Year: 2013..The New York State Prescription Drug Monitoring Databse (PDMP) will be utilized to identify clinicians who are prescribing excessively high doses of opioid ..
- St. John's Wort vs Placebo in Social PhobiaKenneth Kobak; Fiscal Year: 2002..5 percent of cases in a large (3250 patients) drug monitoring study...
- Micro Lock-In Amplifer for Cortisol and CatecholaminesAntonio Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..Applications to wellness, therapeutic drug monitoring, and bio or chemical exposure are envisioned using the general approach of microlock-in amplifier detection ..
- P-Glycoprotein and Disposition of PsychostimulantsJOHN MARKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2005..therapeutic agents, weight-based dosing recommendations have not proven clinically useful and therapeutic drug monitoring is not predictive of response...
- Design of enzyme-based therapeutic drug monitoring kitSergei Gulnik; Fiscal Year: 2003Therapeutic drug monitoring (TDM) refers to the pharmacokinetic measurement of drug substance in the blood...
- Gene Markers: Antipsychotic-Induced Metabolic SyndromeGUALBERTO RUANO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The physiotype will have utility for personalized therapy, drug monitoring, and medical prophylaxis...
- WIHS Treatment Exposure and Viral Rebound StudyRuth Greenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2004..exposure to antiretroviral drugs using hair specimens would represent a significant advance in therapeutic drug monitoring methods by permitting assessment of exposure over weeks to months in a non-invasive and cost effective manner...
- Cost-effectiveness of preventing HIV complicationsKenneth Freedberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..now have available a range of laboratory techniques, including HIV RNA, resistance testing, and therapeutic drug monitoring. Yet these advances also give rise to new challenges in developing standards of patient care and allocating ..
- COST EFFECTIVENESS OF PREVENTING HIV COMPLICATIONSKenneth Freedberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..a range of improved laboratory monitoring techniques, including HIV RNA, resistance testing, and therapeutic drug monitoring. Yet these advances give rise to new patient-care challenges: How, for example, should medication efficacy be ..
- An Economic & Policy Analysis of ADHD & Stimulant DrugsRichard Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2006..of interest include state level regulations on substitution and refilling of prescription drugs, Schedule II drug monitoring programs, as well as school accountability laws...
- In Vivo Measure of Platinum Containing Drugs by CTJinming Gao; Fiscal Year: 2003..If validated, CT will complement nuclear imaging and MRI as another imaging modality for non-invasive drug monitoring. The advantage of CT may reside in the combination of high spatial resolution and sensitivity...
- Ambulatory Care Compact to Organize Risk and Decision-making (ACCORD)Henry Chueh; Fiscal Year: 2009..follow-up care plans in domains of preventive medicine, abnormal findings follow follow-up, and therapeutic drug monitoring;2) A clinical informatics architecture can be designed within an established PBRN to create and track these ..
- Mobile Eyes: Camera Phone Based Vision Enhancement Tool for the Visually ImpairedHuiping Li; Fiscal Year: 2005..For example, our barcode reader could be integrated with the device's communications links to provide a drug monitoring and reminder service...
- 2005 International Conference on Health Policy ResearchWilliam Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..Techniques will be illustrated across a variety of substantive areas, including drug monitoring, predicting high-cost users, anthrax vaccine effectiveness, racial disparities, mental illness, ..
- IMMUNOSENSOR FOR DRUG MONITORINGWILLIFRIED SCHRAMM; Fiscal Year: 1990..The minimal time period for completing the assay is estimated to be between 3 and 5 minutes without the requirement to stop a reaction for completion...
- Assessing antiretroviral exposure in diverse populationsMonica Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Traditional methods of therapeutic drug monitoring employ single untimed blood levels of ARVs to assess exposure, which can't account for this ..
- IMMUNOSENSOR FOR DRUG MONITORINGWILLIFRIED SCHRAMM; Fiscal Year: 1992..Once the sensor is dipped in the biological medium, the assay will be complete in a minimum of 3 to 10 minutes, without the need to stop the reaction when it is complete...
- Skin Bioengineering: Noninvasive Transdermal MonitoringRichard Guy; Fiscal Year: 2005..In summary, this project aims to evaluate iontophoretic bioengineering technology in vivo in man; specifically, applications with respect to clinical chemistry and therapeutic drug monitoring are foreseen.
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF CYCLOSPORINE BASED IMMUNOSUPPRESSIONBarry Kahan; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Prescription Drug Coverage and Health Outcomes in EldersJennifer Tjia; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- POPULATION PHARMACOKINETICS MODELING ON A SUPERCOMPUTERRoger Jelliffe; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will be even more friendly and useful with a new windows-like user interface for the PC user, easily and rapidly accessible over the internet and the world wide web. ..
- MENTORED PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENTMatthew Byerly; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- INTEGRATE/PHARMACOKINETIC/ANTIRETROVIRUS RESISTANCE TESTEdward Acosta; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Diabetes and Drug-Associated Hyperkalemia: Effect of Laboratory MonitoringMarsha Raebel; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings will also assist in developing a framework for future studies to evaluate the effects and costs of medication-laboratory monitoring among patients with diabetes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Significance of HIV Replication FitnessLisa Demeter; Fiscal Year: 2008..If these studies are successful, they could identify tests that could help predict clinical outcomes for HIV-infected patients. ..
- Optimizing Pain Treatment in the Preterm InfantJohn van den Anker; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term goal of the proposed investigation is to improve the use of morphine in critically ill premature neonates. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optimizing the Use of Morphine in Preterm InfantsJohn van den Anker; Fiscal Year: 2009..To develop a population PK/PD model of morphine dosing based on gestational age, postnatal age, glomerular filtration rate, and genetic variability in the UGT2B7, mu-opioid receptor and COMT genes. ..
- Optimizing Coordinated Combination Drug TherapyRoger Jelliffe; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work should greatly improve our understanding and control of combination and interacting drug relationships, and the quality and precision of combination drug therapy for patients who must receive potentially toxic drugs. ..
- Ethanol Toxicity Role of Ethanol Inducible P450Dennis Koop; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will determine whether cell surface expression is related to the original orientation of the enzyme in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Multiparametric MRI characterization of breast tissueMichael Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..