Genomes and Genes
Summary: Measurement of the anterior surface of the cornea, its curvature and shape. It is used often to diagnose keratoconus and other corneal diseases, and corneal changes after keratotomy and keratoplasty. A significant application is in the fitting of contact lenses. In performing corneal topography, many different techniques can be employed: keratometry, keratoscopy, photokeratoscopy, profile photography, computer-assisted image processing, videokeratography, etc.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- KeratoconusY S Rabinowitz
Cornea Genetic Eye Medical Clinic, Burns and Allen Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 42:297-319. 1998..It has well-described clinical signs, but early forms of the disease may go undetected unless the anterior corneal topography is studied. Early disease is now best detected with videokeratography...
- Keratoconus diagnosis with optical coherence tomography pachymetry mappingYan Li
Center for Ophthalmic Optics and Lasers, Doheny Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 99033, USA
Ophthalmology 115:2159-66. 2008..To detect abnormal corneal thinning in keratoconus using pachymetry maps measured by high-speed anterior segment optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Correcting keratoconus with intracorneal ringsJ Colin
Brest University Hospital, Brest, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:1117-22. 2000..To evaluate the potential of intrastromal corneal ring technology (Intacs, KeraVision) to correct keratoconus without central corneal scarring...
- Keratoconus detection using corneal topographyJack T Holladay
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Refract Surg 25:S958-62. 2009..PURPOSETo review the topographic patterns associated with keratoconus suspects and provide criteria for keratoconus screening...
- INTACS inserts for treating keratoconus: one-year resultsJ Colin
Bordeaux University Hospital, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux, France
Ophthalmology 108:1409-14. 2001..The corneal steepening and astigmatism associated with keratoconus were reduced, and visual acuity was improved with treatment in almost all eyes...
- Corneal higher order aberrations: a method to grade keratoconusJorge L Alio
VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 22:539-45. 2006..To use the anterior corneal surface higher order aberrations as a tool to detect and grade keratoconus using corneal map analysis videokeratoscopy...
- Comparison of single-segment and double-segment Intacs for keratoconus and post-LASIK ectasiaMunish Sharma
Boxer Wachler Vision Institute, 465 North Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 141:891-5. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of single-segment Intacs and compare with double-segment Intacs in subjects with post-LASIK ectasia and keratoconus...
- Topography-driven excimer laser for the retreatment of decentralized myopic photorefractive keratectomyG Alessio
Clinica Oculistica, Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Ophthalmology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Ophthalmology 108:1695-703. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The combination of topographic data with computer controlled flying-spot excimer laser ablation is a suitable solution for correcting irregular astigmatism after postmyopic PRK decentrations...
- Modified intracorneal ring segment implantations (INTACS) for the management of moderate to advanced keratoconus: efficacy and complicationsA John Kanellopoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, New York University Medical School, New York, New York, USA
Cornea 25:29-33. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of modified intracorneal ring segment implantation (INTACS) in the management of moderate and advanced keratoconus (KCN)...
- Evaluation of the Lenstar LS 900 non-contact biometerL P J Cruysberg
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 94:106-10. 2010..Evaluation of the reproducibility of the Lenstar LS 900 non-contact biometer, and a comparison with the Visante anterior-segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT) and the IOLMaster...
- Complication and failure rates after corneal crosslinkingTobias Koller
From Institut für Refraktive und Ophthalmo Chirurgie, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1358-62. 2009..To evaluate the complication rate of corneal crosslinking (CXL) for primary keratectasia and to develop recommendations for avoiding complications...
- Corneal ectasia after LASIK despite low preoperative risk: tomographic and biomechanical findings in the unoperated, stable, fellow eyeRenato Ambrosio
Instituto de Olhos Renato Ambrosio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Refract Surg 26:906-11. 2010....
- Collagen cross-linking (CCL) with sequential topography-guided PRK: a temporizing alternative for keratoconus to penetrating keratoplastyA John Kanellopoulos
Laservision gr Institute, Athens, Greece
Cornea 26:891-5. 2007..To assess the effectiveness of ultraviolet A (UVA) irradiation-induced collagen cross-linking (CCL) on keratoconus (KC) progression...
- Repeatability of automatic measurements by a new Scheimpflug camera combined with Placido topographyGiacomo Savini
GB Bietti Eye Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:1809-16. 2011To assess the repeatability of anterior segment measurements performed by a Scheimpflug camera combined with Placido corneal topography (Sirius) in unoperated, post-refractive surgery, and keratoconus eyes.
- Novel pachymetric parameters based on corneal tomography for diagnosing keratoconusRenato Ambrosio
Instituto de Olhos Renato Ambrosio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Refract Surg 27:753-8. 2011....
- One-year visual outcomes and patient satisfaction after surgical correction of presbyopia with an intracorneal inlay of a new designAlois K Dexl
University Eye Clinic, Paracelsus Medical University, Salzburg, Austria
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:262-9. 2012..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of the third-generation Kamra corneal inlay (ACI 7000PDT) implanted monocularly in corneal pockets of emmetropic presbyopic patients to improve near and intermediate vision...
- Prevalence and associated factors of keratoconus in Jerusalem: a cross-sectional studyMichel Millodot
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Ophthalmic Epidemiol 18:91-7. 2011..To determine the prevalence and associated factors for keratoconus in a college student population sample in Jerusalem...
- Corneal thickness changes after corneal collagen crosslinking for keratoconus and corneal ectasia: one-year resultsSteven A Greenstein
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute Hersh Vision Group, CLEI Center for Keratoconus, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:691-700. 2011..To determine the changes in corneal thickness over time after corneal collagen crosslinking (CXL) for keratoconus and corneal ectasia...
- Mapping collagen organization in the human cornea: left and right eyes are structurally distinctCraig Boote
Structural Biophysics Group, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:901-8. 2006..The present study was designed to examine and compare the organization of collagen fibrils in the corneal stroma of left and right eyes...
- Intacs in advanced keratoconusRohit Shetty
Cornea and Refractive Surgery Service, Narayana Nethralaya, Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Bangalore, India
Cornea 27:1022-9. 2008..To evaluate the surgical outcomes of microthin intracorneal ring segment (INTACS) implantation in advanced keratoconus...
- Epithelial thickness in the normal cornea: three-dimensional display with Artemis very high-frequency digital ultrasoundDan Z Reinstein
London Vision Clinic, London, United Kingdom
J Refract Surg 24:571-81. 2008..To characterize the in vivo epithelial thickness profile in a population of normal eyes...
- Corneal thickness indices discriminate between keratoconus and contact lens-induced corneal thinningStephen C Pflugfelder
Ocular Surface Center, Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ophthalmology 109:2336-41. 2002To evaluate two indices generated from measurements obtained from the Orbscan Corneal Topography System (CTS; Orbscan, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT) to distinguish contact lens-induced corneal thinning from keratoconus...
- Anterior segment biometry with the Pentacam: comprehensive assessment of repeatability of automated measurementsHema Shankar
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:103-13. 2008..To comprehensively assess the reliability of automated Pentacam (Oculus, Inc.) measurements...
- Use of anterior segment optical coherence tomography to study corneal changes after collagen cross-linkingMuriel Doors
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Ophthalmol 148:844-51.e2. 2009..To investigate the stromal demarcation line after corneal cross-linking using anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT) and its influence on the short-term results of cross-linking in patients with progressive keratoconus...
- Corneal collagen crosslinking for keratoconus and corneal ectasia: One-year resultsPeter S Hersh
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute Hersh Vision Group, CLEI Center for Keratoconus, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:149-60. 2011..To evaluate 1-year outcomes of corneal collagen crosslinking (CXL) for treatment of keratoconus and corneal ectasia...
- Changes in corneal topography after 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy versus after 20-gauge standard vitrectomyF Okamoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Ophthalmology 114:2138-41. 2007..To evaluate the changes in regular and irregular corneal astigmatism after 25-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy and 20-gauge standard vitrectomy...
- Intracorneal rings to correct corneal ectasia after laser in situ keratomileusisJorge Alio
Refractive Surgery and Cornea Unit, Alicante Institute of Ophthalmology, and Miguel Hernández University School of Medicine, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1568-74. 2002..To evaluate the potential of using intrastromal corneal ring technology (Intacs, KeraVision) to correct posterior ectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) for myopia...
- Intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus correction: long-term follow-upJorge L Alio
Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, VISSUM, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:978-85. 2006..To evaluate long-term results and stability of intracorneal ring segment (Intacs) implantation for keratoconus correction...
- A new intraocular lens design to reduce spherical aberration of pseudophakic eyesJack T Holladay
Baylor College of Medicine, Holladay LASIK Institute, Houston, TX, USA
J Refract Surg 18:683-91. 2002..The aim of this study was to design and evaluate in the laboratory a new intraocular lens (IOL) intended to provide superior ocular optical quality by reducing spherical aberration...
- Repeatability and reproducibility of central corneal thickness measurement with Pentacam, Orbscan, and ultrasoundBirgit Lackner
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Optom Vis Sci 82:892-9. 2005....
- Reliability and repeatability of the Pentacam on corneal curvaturesDavie Chen
School of Optometry, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Exp Optom 92:110-8. 2009..on the simulated keratometry readings (Sim K) and peripheral corneal curvatures (PCC) at both the anterior and posterior corneal surfaces...
- Analysis of results related to good and bad outcomes of Intacs implantation for keratoconus correctionJorge L Alio
Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Vissum Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Miguel Hernandez University, Medical School, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:756-61. 2006..To evaluate factors influencing good and poor outcomes after intracorneal ring segment implantation to correct keratoconus...
- Management of corneal ectasia after LASIK with combined, same-day, topography-guided partial transepithelial PRK and collagen cross-linking: the athens protocolAnastasios John Kanellopoulos
Laservision gr Institute, Athens, Greece
J Refract Surg 27:323-31. 2011....
- Corneal topography indices after corneal collagen crosslinking for keratoconus and corneal ectasia: one-year resultsSteven A Greenstein
Cornea and Laser Eye Institute Hersh Vision Group, CLEI Center for Keratoconus, Teaneck, New Jersey, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:1282-90. 2011To evaluate changes in corneal topography indices after corneal collagen crosslinking (CXL) in patients with keratoconus and corneal ectasia and analyze associations of these changes with visual acuity.
- Optics of the average normal cornea from general and canonical representations of its surface topographyRafael Navarro
Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Aragon, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Zaragoza, Plaza San Francisco s n, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:219-32. 2006Generally, the analysis of corneal topography involves fitting the raw data to a parametric geometric model that includes a regular basis surface, plus some sort of polynomial expansion to adjust the more irregular residual component...
- Femtosecond laser-assisted corneal pocket creation using a mask for inlay implantationDimitrios I Bouzoukis
Institute of Vision and Optics, University of Crete, Greece
J Refract Surg 27:818-20. 2011....
- What's in a name: keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration, and related thinning disordersMichael W Belin
University of Arizona Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, Tucson, AZ 85658 4741, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 152:157-162.e1. 2011..To discuss the implications of the current nomenclature and use of current diagnostic modalities on the classification and treatment of pellucid marginal degeneration and keratoconus...
- One or 2 Intacs segments for the correction of keratoconusJorge L Alio
VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Refractive Surgery and Cornea Department, Miguel Hernandez University, 03016 Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:943-53. 2005..1 or 2 intracorneal rings (Intacs, KeraVision) as a device to correct, stabilize, and/or improve the best corrected visual acuity in patients with clear cornea keratoconus oriented by the preoperative corneal topography pattern.
- Rose-K contact lens for keratoconusArun K Jain
Department of Ophthalmology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:121-5. 2007..To report clinical experience and the comparative value of axial and instantaneous topography data in fitting Rose-K design contact lenses in moderate and severe keratoconus...
- Transepithelial, Topography-guided Ablation in the Treatment of Visual Disturbances in LASIK Flap or Interface ComplicationsXiangjun Chen
SynsLaser Kirurgi AS, Tromsø, Norway
J Refract Surg 28:120-6. 2012....
- Intacs for early pellucid marginal degenerationGeorge D Kymionis
Vardinoyannion Eye Institute of Crete, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:230-3. 2004..Corneal topographic pattern also improved. Although the results are encouraging, concern still exists regarding the long-term effect of this approach for the management of patients with PMD...
- Optical aberrations of the human anterior corneaLi Wang
Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Ophthalmology, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1514-21. 2003..to evaluate the symmetry of anterior corneal aberrations between right and left eyes of individuals; and (3). to study the variations in anterior corneal aberrations with aging...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segments for advanced keratoconus and cases with high keratometric asymmetryMohammad I Khan
Singleton Hospital Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University NHS Trust, Swansea, United Kingdom
J Cataract Refract Surg 38:129-36. 2012..To report the safety and efficacy of intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation to manage keratoconus...
- Effects of multicurve RGP contact lens use on topographic changes in keratoconusJoon Seo Hwang
Department of Ophthalmology, Haenam Genenral Hospital, Jeonnam, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 24:201-6. 2010..To evaluate the effects of wearing rigid gas permeable (RGP) contact lenses on the topographic changes in keratoconus...
- Rose K lenses for keratoconus--an Indian experiencePreeji Mandathara Sudharman
Bausch and Lomb Contact Lens Center, LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad, India
Eye Contact Lens 36:220-2. 2010..To describe initial lens selection and our experience of Rose K lens fitting in keratoconus in Indian eyes...
- Effect of age on outcomes in patients with keratoconus treated by Intacs using a femtosecond laserAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Refract Surg 24:690-5. 2008..To compare the response to Intacs treatment in different age groups of patients with keratoconus...
- Scheimpflug photographic diagnosis of pellucid marginal degenerationRichard N Walker
Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Cornea 27:963-6. 2008....
- Two-year interval changes in Orbscan II topography in eyes with keratoconusAfsun Sahin
Eskisehir Osmangazi University Medical School, Department of Ophthalmology, Meselik, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:1295-9. 2008To define topographic characteristics and quantitatively document changes in corneal topography parameters in relation to the progression of keratoconus over time using the Orbscan II topography system (Bausch & Lomb).
- Repeatability of oculus pentacam metrics derived from corneal topographyMarco A Miranda
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Cornea 28:657-66. 2009..To estimate the variability of Scheimpflug imaging measurements over a 1-week period and to determine the impact of age on the measurements and on the variability of the parameters in the study...
- Method for optimizing topography-guided ablation of highly aberrated eyes with the ALLEGRETTO WAVE excimer laserDavid T C Lin
University of British Columbia and Pacific Laser Eye Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Refract Surg 24:S439-45. 2008..To evaluate the clinical outcomes of custom topographic neutralizing technique in treating highly aberrated eyes using the WaveLight ALLEGRETTO WAVE Excimer Laser...
- Corneal aberrometric and refractive performance of 2 intrastromal corneal ring segment models in early and moderate ectatic diseaseDavid P Pinero
Vissum Corporation Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Departamento de Optica, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:102-9. 2010..To evaluate and compare visual, refractive, and corneal aberrometric outcomes after implantation of 2 types of intrastromal corneal ring segments (ICRS) in eyes with early to moderate ectatic disease...
- Comparison of and correlation between anterior and posterior corneal elevation maps in normal eyes and keratoconus-suspect eyesZuzana Schlegel
Ophthalmology, Rothschild Foundation, Paris, France
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:789-95. 2008..To compare the anterior and posterior corneal elevation maps between keratoconus-suspect eyes and normal eyes...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment SK implantation for moderate to severe keratoconusWiwan Sansanayudh
Department of Ophthalmology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:110-3. 2010..To report the efficacy and safety of intrastromal corneal ring segment (ICRS) implantation using a femtosecond laser in the management of advanced keratoconus...
- Pachymetric mapping with Fourier-domain optical coherence tomographyYan Li
Center for Ophthalmic Optics and Lasers, Doheny Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:826-31. 2010..To evaluate the repeatability of Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) pachymetric mapping and compare central corneal thickness (CCT) measurements by OCT, ultrasound pachymetry, and scanning-slit tomography...
- Analysis of ectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis: risk factorsPerry S Binder
Private Clinical Practice, San Diego, California 92122, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1530-8. 2007..To examine a database of laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) procedures for preoperative and operative factors assumed to increase the risk for developing post-LASIK ectasia...
- Collagen copolymer toric posterior chamber phakic intraocular lens in eyes with keratoconusJose F Alfonso
Fernández Vega Ophthalmological Institute, Surgery Department, School of Medicine, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:906-16. 2010..To assess the safety, efficacy, stability, and predictability of collagen copolymer toric phakic intraocular lens (pIOL) implantation to correct myopia and astigmatism in eyes with keratoconus...
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation by femtosecond laser for keratoconus correctionMohamed H Shabayek
Vissum Instituto Oftalmológico de Alicante Department of Cornea and Refractive Surgery and Division of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University Medical School, Alicante, Spain
Ophthalmology 114:1643-52. 2007..To report the outcomes after the implantation of intrastromal corneal ring segments (KERARING) aided by femtosecond laser for the correction of keratoconus...
- Intrastromal ring segment insertion using a femtosecond laser to correct pellucid marginal corneal degenerationAylin Ertan
Kudret Eye Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1710-6. 2006..To assess the outcomes of intrastromal ring segment (Intacs, Addition Technology) implantation using a femtosecond laser in patients with pellucid marginal corneal degeneration...
- Penetrating keratoplasty for keratoconus: long-term resultsDavid Zadok
Department of Ophthalmology, Tel Aviv University, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Cornea 24:959-61. 2005To study central corneal endothelial cell density and morphology and corneal topography in transplanted corneas for keratoconus 10 to 17 years postoperatively.
- Intracorneal ring segments for iatrogenic keratectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis or photorefractive keratectomyCarlo F Lovisolo
Vista Vision Laser Center, Milan, Italy
J Refract Surg 18:535-41. 2002....
- The specific architecture of the anterior stroma accounts for maintenance of corneal curvatureL J Müller
Cornea and Lens Research Unit, The Netherlands Ophthalmic Research Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Br J Ophthalmol 85:437-43. 2001..To analyse the human corneal stroma in extreme hydration to discover if its structure is responsible for corneal stability...
- Outcomes after topography-based LASIK and LASEK with the wavelight oculyzer and topolyzer platformsArthur B Cummings
Wellington Eye Clinic, Dublin, Ireland
J Refract Surg 26:478-85. 2010....
- Corneal topography changes after vitreoretinal surgeryO Azar-Arevalo
Cornea Service, Clinica Oftalmologica Centro Caracas, Venezuela
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 32:168-72. 2001The authors report the results of a prospective study to assess corneal topography changes after vitreoretinal surgery procedures...
- Keratoconus associated with other corneal dystrophiesFederico A Cremona
Cornea Service, Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cornea 28:127-35. 2009..To report the concomitant presentation of keratoconus and corneal dystrophies at Wills Eye Hospital for the 10-year period from January 1, 1997, to December 31, 2006...
- Repeatability and reproducibility of posterior corneal curvature measurements by combined scanning-slit and placido-disc topography after LASIKMiguel J Maldonado
Department of Ophthalmology, University Clinic, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Ophthalmology 113:1918-26. 2006..To assess the repeatability and reproducibility of posterior corneal curvature (PCC) measurements made by combined scanning-slit/Placido-disc topography (Orbscan II) after LASIK...
- Comparison of anterior segment measurements by 3 Scheimpflug tomographers and 1 Placido corneal topographerGiacomo Savini
G B Bietti Eye Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 37:1679-85. 2011..To compare the anterior segment measurements provided by 3 Scheimpflug tomographers and a Placido corneal topographer...
- Structural analysis of the cornea using scanning-slit corneal topography in eyes undergoing excimer laser refractive surgeryKazutaka Kamiya
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 113 8655, Japan
Cornea 23:S59-64. 2004..To review the time course of corneal anteroposterior shift and refractive stability after myopic excimer laser keratorefractive surgery...
- Topography-based intraocular lens power selectionPaul Rolf Preussner
Universitats Augenklinik, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:525-33. 2005..To provide mathematical tools for selecting intraocular lens (IOL) power for normal eyes and for "odd" eyes, particularly after corneal refractive surgery...
- Assessing the accuracy of Orbscan II post-LASIK: apparent keratectasia is paradoxically associated with anterior chamber depth reduction in successful proceduresGerard Cairns
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 33:147-52. 2005..To establish a relationship between the forward protrusion of the cornea (keratectasia), following successful LASIK, and anterior chamber depth...
- A comparison of the ARK-700A autokeratometer and Medmont E300 corneal topographer when measuring peripheral corneal curvatureJ M Gonzalez-Meijome
Department of Physics Optometry, School of Sciences, University of Minho, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 24:391-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate if corneal topogometry measurements as taken with the ARK-700A autokeratometer are comparable with those measured by the Medmont E300 videokeratoscope at corresponding locations...
- Visual function and patient experience after bilateral implantation of toric intraocular lensesIqbal Ike K Ahmed
Credit Valley Eye Care, 3200 Erin Mills Parkway, Unit 1, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1W8, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:609-16. 2010..To evaluate the efficacy, stability, predictability, and patient-reported outcomes of bilateral toric intraocular lens (IOL) implantation in cases of cataract with preexisting astigmatism...
- [Pentacam--the new way for anterior eye segment imaging and mapping]Dorota Kopacz
Z Katedry i Kliniki Okulistyki I Wydziału Lekarskiego Akademii Medycznej w Warszawie
Klin Oczna 107:728-31. 2005..Any eye movements are detected by a second camera and corrected for, in the process. All results are written down on PC and are available for the prospective studies...
- Tomography-based customized IOL calculation modelZhongxia Zhu
Medical Optics at the Institute of Medical Physics, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Curr Eye Res 36:579-89. 2011..To provide a mathematical calculation scheme for customized intraocular lens (IOL) design based on high resolution anterior segment optical coherence tomography (AS-OCT) of anterior eye segment and axial length data...
- Applying wavefront sensors and corneal topography to keratoconusJason Marsack
Biomedical Engineering Dept, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Biomed Sci Instrum 38:471-6. 2002..A lens design algorithm has been developed that utilizes both wavefront sensor data and corneal topography data. The lenses will be formed from thick, pre-fabricated soft contact lenses using laser ablation...
- Reproducibility of optical biometry using partial coherence interferometry : intraobserver and interobserver reliabilityA Vogel
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1961-8. 2001..To evaluate the intraobserver and interobserver variability in axial length (AL), anterior chamber depth (ACD), and corneal radius measurements using an optical biometry instrument based on partial coherence interferometry (PCI)...
- Corneal ectasia after laser in situ keratomileusis in patients without apparent preoperative risk factorsShawn R Klein
Cornea Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cornea 25:388-403. 2006..To evaluate patients who developed ectasia with no apparent preoperative risk factors...
- Ferrara intracorneal ring segments for keratoconusSergio Kwitko
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Avenida Nilo Peçanha, 7241 401 Porto Alegre RS, Brazil
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:812-20. 2004..To assess the outcome of Ferrara intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus...
- Topography-Guided vs Wavefront-Optimized Surface Ablation for Myopia Using the WaveLight Platform: A Contralateral Eye StudyKhalil Ghasemi Falavarjani
Eye Research Center, Iran University of Medical Science, Iran
J Refract Surg 27:13-7. 2011..to compare treatments with wavefront-optimized and topography-guided ablations...
- Visual acuity and corneal topographic changes related with pterygium surgeryMeltem Yagmur
Department of Ophthalmology, Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
J Refract Surg 21:166-70. 2005Applied pre- and postoperative corneal topography outcomes with visual acuities were evaluated to determine the surgical results in pterygium therapy.
- The effect of pterygium surgery on corneal topographyA Cinal
Yuzuncu Yil University Medical Faculty, Department of Ophthalmology, Van, Turkey
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 32:35-40. 2001The aim of this prospective randomized clinical study was to evaluate the effect of pterygium surgery on the corneal topography using a computerized corneal topography system.
- Corneal thickness measurements: scanning-slit corneal topography and noncontact specular microscopy versus ultrasonic pachymetryShigenobu Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1313-8. 2003To compare central corneal thickness measurements taken with 3 pachymetry systems: Orbscan scanning-slit corneal topography/pachymetry, Topcon SP2000P noncontact specular microscopy, and Tomey ultrasonic pachymetry.
- Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation with the femtosecond laser in a post-keratoplasty patient with recurrent keratoconusEfekan Coskunseven
World Eye Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1808-10. 2007..Although the results are encouraging, the long-term effect of this approach for the management of post-keratoplasty patients with recurrent keratoconus is not known...
- Accuracy of Scheimpflug corneal power measurements for intraocular lens power calculationGiacomo Savini
G B Bietti Eye Foundation IRCCS, Rome, Italy
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1193-7. 2009..To evaluate the accuracy of corneal power measurements by the Pentacam Scheimpflug system for intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation...
- Aberrations and Pupil location under corneal topography and Hartmann-Shack illumination conditionsJuan Tabernero
Laboratorio de Optica, Departamento de Fisica, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo Edificio CiOyN, Murcia, Spain
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1964-70. 2009..conducted to determine the magnitude of pupil center shift between the illumination conditions provided by corneal topography measurement (photopic illuminance) and by Hartmann-Shack aberrometry (mesopic illuminance) and to ..
- Corneal topography with Scheimpflug imaging and videokeratography: comparative study of normal eyesScott A Read
Contact Lens and Visual Optics Laboratory, School of Optometry, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1072-81. 2009To compare the repeatability within anterior corneal topography measurements and agreement between measurements with the Pentacam HR rotating Scheimpflug camera and with a previously validated Placido disk-based videokeratoscope (Medmont ..
- Residual bed thickness and corneal forward shift after laser in situ keratomileusisKazunori Miyata
Miyata Eye Hospital, Miyasaki, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1067-72. 2004..To prospectively assess the forward shift of the cornea after laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) in relation to the residual corneal bed thickness...
- Intraocular lens power calculation after laser refractive surgery: corrective algorithm for corneal power estimationHaiying Jin
Guangdong Eye Institute, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:87-96. 2010..To evaluate an algorithm for corneal power estimation in intraocular lens (IOL) power calculation after myopic laser refractive surgery using direct corneal measurements...
- Corneal and total wavefront aberrations in phakic and pseudophakic eyes after implantation of monofocal foldable intraocular lensesHans Peter Iseli
Institute of Refractive and Ophthalmic Surgery, Zurich, Switzerland
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:762-71. 2006..To compare the correlation between corneal and total wavefront aberrations in normal phakic and pseudophakic eyes after implantation of foldable monofocal intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- Early spatial changes in the posterior corneal surface after laser in situ keratomileusisDo Hyung Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Ilsan Paik Hospsital, Inje University Medical College, South Korea
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:778-84. 2003..To evaluate the forward shift of the posterior corneal surface after myopic laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) relative to the residual stromal bed thickness and the ablation percentage of the total corneal thickness...
- Interchangeability between Placido disc and Scheimpflug system: quantitative and qualitative analysisVinícius Silbiger de Stefano
Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 73:363-6. 2010..Many systems try to replace Placido disc-based topographers, such as those based in Scheimpflug principles. The purpose of this study is to check if they are interchangeable...
- Measuring central corneal thickness with ultrasound pachymetryTony Realini
Department of Ophthalmology, Jones Eye Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Mail Slot 523, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Optom Vis Sci 80:437-9. 2003..To determine how many ultrasound pachymetry measurements are required to obtain a reasonable estimate of central corneal thickness...
- Repeatability of corneal power and wavefront aberration measurements with a dual-Scheimpflug Placido corneal topographerLi Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:425-30. 2010..To evaluate the repeatability of the Galilei dual-Scheimpflug analyzer in measuring corneal curvature, wavefront aberrations, pachymetry, and anterior chamber depth (ACD)...
- A comparative study of the performance of different corneal topographers on children with respect to orthokeratology practiceWan Sang Chui
Centre for Myopia Research, Department of Optometry and Radiography, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HKSAR, China
Optom Vis Sci 82:420-7. 2005....
- Longitudinal analysis of corneal topography in suspected keratoconusM Shirayama-Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 93:815-9. 2009To examine the incidence of progression of suspected keratoconus to true keratoconus and compare quantitative descriptors of corneal topography between eyes with and without progression.
- Correlations between central and peripheral changes in anterior corneal topography after myopic LASIK and their implications in postsurgical contact lens fittingJose M Gonzalez-Meijome
Department of Physics Optometry, School of Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Eye Contact Lens 32:197-202. 2006..LASIK) and to correlate them with the manifest refractive change to discuss how such results could affect post-LASIK corneal topography profiles and midterm stability and their implications in postsurgical contact lens fitting.
- Refractive changes after phacoemulsification combined with deep sclerectomy assisted by corneal topographyJuan Corcostegui
Glaucoma Unit, Ophthalmology Department, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2391-6. 2004..To evaluate the corneal surgically induced refractive change (SIRC) after phacoemulsification and deep sclerectomy...
- Intracorneal asymmetrical rings for keratoconus: where should the thicker segment be implanted?Jorge L Alio
VISSUM Instituto Oftalmologico de Alicante, Department of Refractive Surgery, and Division of Ophthalmology, Miguel Hernandez University, Medical School, Alicante, Spain
J Refract Surg 22:307-9. 2006..To report a 20-year-old man who presented with monocular diplopia in the right eye with uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) of 0.3 and best spectacle-corrected visual acuity (BSCVA) of 1.0 with -0.50 -3.00 x 45 degrees...
- Time course of changes in corneal forward shift after excimer laser photorefractive keratectomyKazunori Miyata
Meiwakai Medical Foundation, Miyata Eye Hospital, Miyazaki, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 120:896-900. 2002..Excimer laser refractive surgery has been reported to induce forward shift of the cornea, but its long-term sequelae remain unknown...
- Cataract surgery in keratoconusNuthida Thebpatiphat
Cornea Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Eye Contact Lens 33:244-6. 2007....
- Evaluation of free-form IOL topographies by clinically available topographersMarc Kannengießer
Institute of Experimental Ophthalmology, Kirrberger Straße 100, Gebäude 7, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Z Med Phys 22:215-23. 2012..The purpose of this paper is to show the applicability of clinically available corneal topographers for measuring individual IOLs consisting of a spherical surface on one side and a freeform surface on the other side...
- Accuracy and precision of EyeSys and Orbscan systems on calibrated spherical test surfacesJavier González Pérez
School of Optometry, University of Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain
Eye Contact Lens 30:74-8. 2004..There are several applications that need an accurate and precise method to measure corneal shape and variations, such as the effect of contact lens wear and the different refractive surgery techniques...
- Therapeutic Corneal Cross-linking Using Aliphatic Beta-NitroalcoholsDavid C Paik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Real time in vivo efficacy and safety evaluations (using in vivo confocal microscopy, ultrasound pachymetry, corneal topography, and applanation tonometry) will be performed, followed by post-mortem mechanical failure testing, shrinkage ..
- Shack-Hartman Corneal Topographer and AberrometerLarry Thibos; Fiscal Year: 2002..of our project is to design, build, and market an ophthalmic instrument that simultaneously measures corneal topography and optical aberrations of the human eye using wavefront sensing technology...
- LASER SYSTEM FOR PHOTOTHERMAL INTRASTROMAL KERATOPLASTYLEIF FREDIN; Fiscal Year: 1991..in vivo (rabbit) experiments to demonstrate the feasibility of obtaining controlled and accurate changes in corneal topography without inducing clinically significant damage...
- ABLATABLE MASK FOR LASER REPROFILING OF THE CORNEARAYMOND HENRY; Fiscal Year: 1992..Baseline corneal topography will be compared to postoperative results by nine-ring corneoscopic photoanalysis...
- ADAPTABLE RASTERSTEREOGRAPHIC CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHY SYSTEMSteven Wilder; Fiscal Year: 2004..This system will allow real-time imaging of corneal topography for intra-operative applications; a system which is not currently available.
- CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHY ANALYSIS TOOLWilliam Timmons; Fiscal Year: 2001..With the proposed corneal topography tool, a patient's data would be universally readable and accessible...
- DETECTION SYSTEM FOR REFRACTIVE SURGERY IN DONOR EYESJAMES MAROUS; Fiscal Year: 2005..I SBIR to develop and validate a simple, rapid, reliable, and sensitive software detection tool, based on corneal topography that will identify human donor eyes that have had previous laser refractive surgery...
- Multi-Resolution Corneal Topography (MRCT)EDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2003..the anterior corneal surface that will be more robust and accurate than other commercially available corneal topography systems...
- Advanced Vision Intervention Algorithm(AVIA)EDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2001..program will allow, but not require, exam data from commercially available ophthalmic instruments such as corneal topography and wavefront aberration for input in the optical modeling of an individual's eye...
- NOVEL APPROACH TO DELIVERING EXCIMER UV ENERGY FOR PRKRoy Williams; Fiscal Year: 2000..device, consisting of a 640x480 array of individually- controlled micromirrors, coupled to a digital corneal topography system...
- PROGRAM FOR A 3D SCHEMATIC EYE EMPLOYING TRUE DATAEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2000..The software program VOL-3D will be purchased and used by clinicians, vision researchers, owners of corneal topography systems, students, teachers, and companies who are attempting to understand in a predictive manner the ..
- Computer-Aided Interpretation of Oculometric DataMichael Smolek; Fiscal Year: 2006..For patients, refractive surgery outcomes will be more predictable, and they will benefit from earlier detection of diseases such as cataracts and corneal ectasias. ..
- CLEK STUDY CORNEAL TOPOGRAPHY READING CENTERTimothy McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2004The Collaborative Longitudinal Evaluation of Keratoconus (CLEK) Corneal Topography Reading Center (CTRC) provides data collection, quality control, storage, database generation and data analysis of corneal topography acquired during the ..
- Predictor Analyses of Corneal Topography Data From Keratconus SubjectsTimothy McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2007..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The specific aims of this proposal are to evaluate the predictive value corneal topography derived indices and first surface wavefront aberrations have on selected clinical outcome measures, patient ..
- ABERRATIONS OF EYES IN NORMAL AND CLINICAL POPULATIONSRaymond A Applegate; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Snapshot Retinal Imaging PolarimeterJames Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the device could potentially be a low-cost add-on to existing fundus cameras, allowing a more widespread utility than existing devices. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Longitudinal Analysis of Silicone Hydrogel (LASH) StudyLoretta Szczotka Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2008..test the hypothesis that novel quantitative central and peripheral corneal shape descriptors, measured by corneal topography, are associated with mechanical complications during long term wear of silicone hydrogel lenses...
- Scanning Ocular Aberration Measurement (SAM) SystemEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, the ability to measure these aberrations dynamically while the eye is changing focus from a distant to a near object will be provided. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vision Research--Biostatistics and Epidemiology ModuleKarla Zadnik; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- INTEGRATED ASSESSMENT OF CORNEAL FORM AND FUNCTIONSTEPHEN KLYCE; Fiscal Year: 2006..shape anomalies and means to assess the optical quality of the corneal surface through the analysis of corneal topography. [unreadable] [unreadable] This investigation will involve both an in vitro model and mathematical models, ..
- Retinal Image Quality in Retinal-diseased EyesMahnaz Shahidi; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Corneal Refractive Power Post Refractive SurgeryCHARLOTTE JOSLIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The long-term objective to this research is to contribute to the knowledge of IOL power determination in post-refractive surgery patients. ..
- Multi-Resolution Corneal Topography (MRCT)EDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2006..1020 Wild Elm Street Celebration, FL 34747 of measuring the anterior corneal available corneal topography systems. target methods in that it incorporates a (9, 17, and 33 rings) in a single exam. KEY PERSONNEL...
- OPTOMETRY COORDINATING CENTERKarla Zadnik; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Subjective Refraction by Meridional Power MatchingEDWIN SARVER; Fiscal Year: 2002..Technological Innovation: Providing an accurate, low-cost, low-maintenance refractor that can be easily transported and used in hostile environments. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: NOT AVAILABLE ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH CURRICULUMKarla Zadnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Noninvsive Imaging of Chorio-retinal Oxygen TensionMahnaz Shahidi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- COLLABORATIVE LONGITUDINAL EVALUATION KERATOCONUS STUDYKarla Zadnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..Louis, Missouri, and the CLEK Photography Reading Center at The Ohio State University College of Optometry, Columbus, Ohio. ..
- The Contact Lens and Dry Eye StudyJason Nichols; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term objective of this research is to contribute to a better understanding of the etiology and risk factors for contact lens-related dry eye so that progress can be made toward its prevention. ..
- OCULAR DEVELOPMENT IN INFANCY/EARLY CHILDHOODDonald Mutti; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Structure/Function Relationship of The Lumican GeneWinston W Kao; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., persistent and excessive inflammation, corneal transparency of injured cornea, improved wound healing of diabetes, etc. ..
- A novel therapeutic for the treatment of persistent corneal epithelial defectsBennie H Jeng; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could therefore support and lead to the commercialization of this non-surgical method for enhancing epithelial wound healing, which could ultimately benefit nearly 23,000 corneas in the United States annually. ..
- Environmentally-Induced Ocular Surface Inflammation Mimicking Sjogren's SyndromeMichael J Stern; Fiscal Year: 2010..We further propose that the severity of this ALKC is worsened by defective self tolerance mechanisms. ..
- OPTICAL AND RETINAL LIMITS TO HUMAN VISUAL PERFORMANCELarry N Thibos; Fiscal Year: 2010..Project 6. Develop a new concept of wavefront tomography to characterize the 3-dimensional structure of the eye's optical system from a series of wavefront measurements along multiple lines-of-sight. ..
- High Resolution and High Contrast Near-IR Imaging of the Human FundusNathan Doble; Fiscal Year: 2006..Under this proposal, new imaging technology will be developed to fight debilitating eye disease resulting in earlier disease detection, faster drug clinical trials, and better medical understanding. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VISION CHANGES IN DIABETESAnthony J Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..It also aids identification of 'at risk'populations for clinical trials of candidate therapies, which may greatly reduce their cost by decreasing the size of the needed sample and the duration of the trial. ..
- K12 Expression: Cornea-Type Epithelial DifferentiationWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3 is to examine roles of Fos on corneal-type epithelium differentiation and corneal wound healing as described in Aim 2. ..
- Optical Measurement of Choroid to Photoreceptor DistanceDANIEL NEAL; Fiscal Year: 2002..Medical practice is anticipated to benefit through advancements in automated refraction techniques. ..
- HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGING OF OCULAR MELANOMA AND RETINADirk Uwe Bartsch; Fiscal Year: 2003..Since we can measure and characterize these aberrations, we can develop digital inverse filter based on our experience in image reconstruction to correct the acquired images. ..
- Mice Overexpressing rtTA and Cre in Corneal EpitheliumWINSTON KAO; Fiscal Year: 2004..These mouse lines will be useful in preparing mouse lines for studies of altered genetic functions from the corneal epithelium-specific gene ablation and overexpression of reporter genes. ..
- Shack-Hartmann Corneal Topographer and AberrometerDANIEL NEAL; Fiscal Year: 2005..of our project is to design, build, and market an ophthalmic instrument that simultaneously measures corneal topography, corneal aberrations, and whole-eye optical aberrations of the human eye using wavefront sensing technology...
- Visual Optics and CorneaP Soni; Fiscal Year: 2008..Extensive recruitment tools and personal contacts will be utilized to advertise the program broadly to attract the best applicants including women and minorities. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RETINAL NERVE FIBER LAYER REFLECTANCE MECHANISMSXiangrun Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Birefringence is an intrinsic property of the tissue, depends directly on RNFL ultrastructure, and may provide a means of early detection of structural damage to ganglion cells in glaucoma. ..