Genomes and Genes
Summary: The number of offspring a female has borne. It is contrasted with GRAVIDITY, which refers to the number of pregnancies, regardless of outcome.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Risk factors for pre-eclampsia at antenatal booking: systematic review of controlled studiesKirsten Duckitt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DU
BMJ 330:565. 2005..To determine the risk of pre-eclampsia associated with factors that may be present at antenatal booking...
- Size at birth and early childhood growth in relation to maternal smoking, parity and infant breast-feeding: longitudinal birth cohort study and analysisKen K L Ong
Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Pediatr Res 52:863-7. 2002..We examined the relationship between maternal smoking, parity, and breast- or bottle-feeding to size at birth and childhood growth between 0 and 5 y in a large representative ..
- Clinical risk prediction for pre-eclampsia in nulliparous women: development of model in international prospective cohortRobyn A North
Division of Women s Health, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
BMJ 342:d1875. 2011..To develop a predictive model for pre-eclampsia based on clinical risk factors for nulliparous women and to identify a subgroup at increased risk, in whom specialist referral might be indicated...
- Obesity as an independent risk factor for elective and emergency caesarean delivery in nulliparous women--systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studiesA S Poobalan
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Obes Rev 10:28-35. 2009..64 (95% confidence intervals 1.55, 1.73) in overweight and 2.23 (2.07, 2.42) in obese women. Caesarean delivery risk is increased by 50% in overweight women and is more than double for obese women compared with women with normal BMI...
- Reproductive history and oral contraceptive use in relation to risk of triple-negative breast cancerAmanda I Phipps
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:470-7. 2011..Hormonally mediated risk factors may be differentially related to risk of triple-negative and ER+ breast cancers...
- Excess gains in weight and waist circumference associated with childbearing: The Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults Study (CARDIA)E P Gunderson
Kaiser Permanente Foundation Hospitals, Division of Research, 2000 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:525-35. 2004..To examine the association of childbearing with weight and waist circumference (WC) changes, we compared women with and without pregnancies or births during follow-up...
- Maternal BMI, parity, and pregnancy weight gain: influences on offspring adiposity in young adulthoodR M Reynolds
Endocrinology Unit, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5365-9. 2010..The prevalence of obesity among women of childbearing age is increasing. Emerging evidence suggests that this has long-term adverse influences on offspring health...
- The effects and mechanisms of primiparity on the risk of pre-eclampsia: a systematic reviewZhong Cheng Luo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sainte Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 21:36-45. 2007..multiparous pregnancies. Available data are insufficient to interpret the mechanisms of such primiparity-associated excess risk of pre-eclampsia...
- Triple-negative breast cancer in Hispanic patients: high prevalence, poor prognosis, and association with menopausal status, body mass index, and parityFernando Lara-Medina
Breast Cancer Clinic, National Cancer Institute INCan, Mexico City, Mexico
Cancer 117:3658-69. 2011..To the authors' knowledge, no previous studies have determined the prevalence of TNBC and its risk factors among Hispanic women...
- Does a traumatic birth experience have an impact on future reproduction?Karin Gottvall
Department of Nursing, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
BJOG 109:254-60. 2002..To investigate whether women's experiences of their first birth affects future reproduction...
- The perinatal effects of delayed childbearingK S Joseph
Perinatal Epidemiology Research Unit, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 105:1410-8. 2005....
- Can we reduce the caesarean section rate?M S Robson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Wycombe General Hospital, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2TT, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 15:179-94. 2001..Finally, caesarean section rates must no longer be considered in isolation from other changes taking place in society...
- Risk of pre-eclampsia in first and subsequent pregnancies: prospective cohort studySonia Hernandez-Diaz
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
BMJ 338:b2255. 2009..To investigate whether pre-eclampsia is more common in first pregnancies solely because fewer affected women, who presumably have a higher risk of recurrence, go on to have subsequent pregnancies...
- Parity, age at first birth, and risk of death from pancreatic cancer: evidence from a cohort in TaiwanChih Ching Chang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan
Pancreas 39:567-71. 2010This study was undertaken to examine whether there is an association between parity and age at first birth and risk of pancreatic cancer.
- Parity, other reproductive factors, and risk of pancreatic cancer mortality in a large cohort of U.S. women (United States)Lauren R Teras
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, National Home Office, Atlanta, GA 30329 4251, USA
Cancer Causes Control 16:1035-40. 2005Several studies have found an inverse relationship between parity and risk of pancreatic cancer...
- The value of customised centiles in assessing perinatal mortality risk associated with parity and maternal sizeJ Gardosi
Perinatal Institute, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 116:1356-63. 2009We wanted to compare customised and population standards for defining smallness for gestational age (SGA) in the assessment of perinatal mortality risk associated with parity and maternal size.
- Cesarean delivery: background, trends, and epidemiologyFay Menacker
Division of Vital Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Semin Perinatol 30:235-41. 2006..To examine trends in cesarean delivery for the overall population and for women with "no indicated risk" for cesarean section, and to summarize the available literature on "maternal request" cesarean deliveries...
- Parity and breastfeeding are protective against breast cancer in Nigerian womenD Huo
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Br J Cancer 98:992-6. 2008..72 (95% CI: 0.54-0.95, P=0.02). Parity was negatively associated with risk (P-trend=0.02) but age at first live birth was not significant (P=0.16)...
- Parity and placental infection affect antibody responses against Plasmodium falciparum during pregnancyAlfredo Mayor
Barcelona Centre for International Health Research CRESIB, Hospital Clínic Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Infect Immun 79:1654-9. 2011..The decreasing risk of malaria with subsequent pregnancies is attributed to parity-dependent acquisition of antibodies against placental parasites expressing variant surface antigens, VAR2CSA, that ..
- Maternal obesity in early pregnancy and risk of spontaneous and elective preterm deliveries: a retrospective cohort studyGordon C S Smith
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cambridge University, Rosie Maternity Hospital, Cambridge, England
Am J Public Health 97:157-62. 2007..We sought to determine the association between maternal body mass index and risk of preterm delivery...
- Pregnancy outcomes related to gestational weight gain in women defined by their body mass index, parity, height, and smoking statusEllen A Nohr
Department of Epidemiology, Institute of Public Health, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 90:1288-94. 2009..Recommendations for gestational weight gain (GWG) account for a woman's prepregnancy body mass index (BMI), but other factors may be important...
- Labor induction and the risk of a cesarean delivery among nulliparous women at termDeborah B Ehrenthal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Internal Medicine Christiana Care Health System, Newark, Delaware, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:35-42. 2010..To estimate the association of labor induction with the risk of a cesarean delivery for nulliparous women presenting at term at a regional hospital...
- Parity and age at first childbirth in relation to the risk of different breast cancer subgroupsSalma Butt
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Int J Cancer 125:1926-34. 2009The aim of the present study was to examine parity and age at first childbirth, in relation to the risk of specific breast cancer subgroups...
- Young maternal age and preterm birthAntônio A M da Silva
Department of Public Health, University of Maranhão, and Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 17:332-9. 2003..calculated with and without adjustment for confounding factors (family income, marital status, mode of delivery, parity, health insurance, and short maternal stature) in a logistic regression model, using mothers 25-29 years of age as ..
- Effects of birth spacing on maternal health: a systematic reviewAgustin Conde-Agudelo
Centro de Estudios e Investigación en Salud and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogota, Bogota, Colombia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:297-308. 2007..Long interpregnancy intervals are independently associated with an increased risk of preeclampsia. Both short and long interpregnancy intervals seem to be related to other adverse maternal outcomes, but more research is needed...
- A dietary pattern characterized by high intake of vegetables, fruits, and vegetable oils is associated with reduced risk of preeclampsia in nulliparous pregnant Norwegian womenAnne Lise Brantsaeter
Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
J Nutr 139:1162-8. 2009....
- Parity and risk of later-life maternal cardiovascular diseaseNisha I Parikh
Cardiovascular Division and Cardiovascular Epidemiology and Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Am Heart J 159:215-221.e6. 2010Prior studies relating parity with maternal cardiovascular disease (CVD) have been performed in relatively small study samples without accounting for pregnancy-related complications associated with CVD.
- Fear of childbirth: predictors and temporal changes among nulliparous women in the Danish National Birth CohortM Laursen
Department of Obstetrics, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
BJOG 115:354-60. 2008..To describe the association between fear of childbirth and social, demographic and psychological factors in a cohort of 30 480 healthy nulliparous women with uncomplicated singleton pregnancies...
- Power over parity: intimate partner violence and issues of fertility controlRebekah E Gee
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:148.e1-7. 2009The purpose of this study was to examine the association between intimate partner violence (IPV), abortion, parity, and contraception use.
- Parity, breastfeeding, and the subsequent risk of maternal type 2 diabetesBette Liu
School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:1239-41. 2010..To examine the effect of childbearing and maternal breastfeeding on a woman's subsequent risk of developing type 2 diabetes...
- Reduced birthweight in short or primiparous mothers: physiological or pathological?X Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, QC, Canada
BJOG 117:1248-54. 2010..Maternal height and parity are among the characteristics widely assumed to be physiological...
- Effect of high parity on occurrence of anemia in pregnancy: a cohort studyYahya M Al-Farsi
Department of Family Medicine and Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:7. 2011Studies that explore the controversial association between parity and anaemia-in-pregnancy (AIP) were often hampered by not distinguishing incident cases caused by pregnancy from prevalent cases complicated by pregnancy...
- Characteristics of women who are pregnant with their first baby at an advanced ageAnne Britt Vika Nilsen
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:353-362x. 2012....
- Serial plotting on customised fundal height charts results in doubling of the antenatal detection of small for gestational age fetuses in nulliparous womenAlphonse Roex
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Lyell McEwin Hospital, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 52:78-82. 2012..The antenatal detection of fetal growth restriction is a focus point of antenatal care. If detected fetal demise may be prevented and perinatal complications could be managed more appropriately...
- Reproductive factors and breast cancer risk according to joint estrogen and progesterone receptor status: a meta-analysis of epidemiological studiesHuiyan Ma
Department of Preventive Medicine, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue 4407, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R43. 2006..This report presents the first meta-analysis of results from epidemiological studies that have investigated parity, age at first birth, breastfeeding, and age at menarche in relation to ER+PR+ and ER-PR- cancer risk.
- Is maternal parity an independent risk factor for birth defects?Hao T Duong
The University of Texas, Houston Health Science Center, School of Public Health, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:230-6. 2012Although associations between maternal parity and birth defects have been observed previously, few studies have focused on the possibility that parity is an independent risk factor for birth defects...
- Pregnancy outcomes for nulliparous women of advanced maternal age in South Australia, 1998-2008Isobel Ludford
Office of Public Health, Department for Health and Ageing, 11 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 52:235-41. 2012..Child bearing in the later reproductive years has become increasingly common in Australia with potential implications for clinical practice...
- Subfertility and risk of later life maternal cardiovascular diseaseNisha I Parikh
Division of Cardiology, Queen s Medical Center, John A Burns School of Medicine, 1301 Punchbowl Street, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Hum Reprod 27:568-75. 2012..Women with prior 0-1 pregnancies are at an increased risk of incident CVD when compared with women with two pregnancies. It is uncertain whether history of subfertility among women eventually giving birth is a risk factor for CVD...
- Parity and lactation in relation to estrogen receptor negative breast cancer in African American womenJulie R Palmer
Slone Epidemiology Center at Boston University, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1883-91. 2011..We assessed the relation of parity and lactation to incidence of ER(-)/PR(-) and ER(+)/PR(+) breast cancer in a cohort of African American women.
- Prevalence of smoking during pregnancy and associated risk factors among Canadian women: a national surveyBan Al-Sahab
School of Kinesiology and Health Science, York University, Toronto, ON Canada M3J 1P3
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:24. 2010..Therefore, the study aims to assess the prevalence of smoking during pregnancy and its associated risk factors throughout the Canadian provinces and territories...
- Parity and sleep patterns during and after pregnancyK A Lee
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0606, USA
Obstet Gynecol 95:14-8. 2000..To describe changes in women's sleep patterns from prepregnancy to postpartum...
- Risk factors for pelvic organ prolapseC M Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:248-51. 2007..To evaluate the risk factors for pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and to determine the relationship between these risk factors and stage or other components of POP...
- Lameness and claw lesions of the Norwegian red dairy cattle housed in free stalls in relation to environment, parity and stage of lactationA M Sogstad
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, P O Box 8146 Dep 0033 Oslo, Norway
Acta Vet Scand 46:203-17. 2005..Detected risk factors for lameness were: parity three and above and narrow cubicles; for heel horn erosions: lactation stage around 5-7 months after calving and ..
- Utilization of maternal health services among young women in Kenya: insights from the Kenya Demographic and Health Survey, 2003Rhoune Ochako
African Population and Health Research Center APHRC, P, O, Box 10787, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:1. 2011....
- Parity and the risk of autoimmune thyroid disease: a community-based studyJohn P Walsh
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia 6009, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:5309-12. 2005..If that is true, then parity should be a risk factor for autoimmune thyroid disease.
- Pre-pregnancy weight and the risk of stillbirth and neonatal deathJanni Kristensen
Perinatal Epidemiological Research Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aarhus University Hospital, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
BJOG 112:403-8. 2005..To evaluate the association between maternal pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) and the risk of stillbirth and neonatal death and to study the causes of death among the children...
- Risk factors for anal sphincter tears: the importance of maternal position at birthK Gottvall
Department of Women and Child Health, Division of Reproductive and Perinatal Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BJOG 114:1266-72. 2007..To assess the role of birth position in the occurrence of anal sphincter tears (AST)...
- Prevalence and risk factors for gestational diabetes assessed by universal screeningGraziano Di Cianni
Section of Diabetes, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa and Diabetes and Metabolic Disease Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Pisana, Ospedale Cisanello, Via Paradisa, 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 62:131-7. 2003..After logistic regression analysis, GDM diagnosis was significantly correlated with age (P<0.0001), pre-pregnancy BMI (P<0.0001), weight gain (P<0.0001) and family history of diabetes (P<0.01)...
- Evidence for a secular trend in menopausal age: a population study of women in GothenburgKerstin Rödström
Department of Primary Health Care, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Menopause 10:538-43. 2003..To describe secular trends in age of natural menopause...
- HPV co-factors related to the development of cervical cancer: results from a population-based study in Costa RicaA Hildesheim
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Br J Cancer 84:1219-26. 2001..Among HPV-positive women, multiparity and smoking are risk factors for HSIL/CA. Oral contraceptive use may be associated with HSIL/CA in subgroups of women...
- Differential fitness costs of reproduction between the sexesDustin J Penn
Konrad Lorenz Institute for Ethology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Savoyenstrasse 1a, A 1160 Vienna, Austria
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:553-8. 2007..We found that increasing number of offspring (parity) and rates of reproduction were associated with reduced parental survivorship, and significantly more for mothers ..
- Pregnancy complications and outcomes among overweight and obese nulliparous womenJ M Baeten
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, 325 Ninth Ave, Box 359909, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Am J Public Health 91:436-40. 2001..This study examined the associations between prepregnancy weight and the risk of pregnancy complications and adverse outcomes among nulliparous women...
- A prospective study of the effect of childbearing on weight gain in African-American womenLynn Rosenberg
Slone Epidemiology Center, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Obes Res 11:1526-35. 2003..To prospectively assess the influence of bearing a first, second, or later child on weight gain among African-American women in the context of other risk factors...
- Parity-induced mammary epithelial cells facilitate tumorigenesis in MMTV-neu transgenic miceMaLinda D Henry
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases and the Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6805, USA
Oncogene 23:6980-5. 2004Using a Cre-lox-based genetic labeling technique, we have recently discovered a parity-induced mammary epithelial subtype that is abundant in nonlactating and nonpregnant, parous females...
- Duration of lactation and incidence of the metabolic syndrome in women of reproductive age according to gestational diabetes mellitus status: a 20-Year prospective study in CARDIA (Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults)Erica P Gunderson
Division of Research, Epidemiology, and Prevention Section, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California, USA
Diabetes 59:495-504. 2010..The objective of the study was to prospectively assess the association between lactation duration and incidence of the metabolic syndrome among women of reproductive age...
- Factors associated with very early weaning among primiparas intending to breastfeedM Avery
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455 0342, USA
Matern Child Health J 2:167-79. 1998..Predictors were demographic variables, Theory of Planned Behavior (TPB) variables, breastfeeding knowledge, and difficulties experienced during the first month...
- The protective role of pregnancy in breast cancerJose Russo
Breast Cancer Research Laboratory, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:131-42. 2005..the ovary and on endocrine conditions modulated by ovarian function, such as early menarche, late menopause, and parity. Women who gave birth to a child when they were younger than 24 years of age exhibit a decrease in their lifetime ..
- A customised birthweight centile calculator developed for a New Zealand populationLesley McCowan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, Private Bag 92 189, Auckland, New Zealand
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:428-31. 2004Traditionally, small for gestational age is defined as birthweight <10th percentile using sex-adjusted centile charts. However, this criterion includes constitutional variation due to maternal height, weight, ethnic group and parity.
- Parity-induced mouse mammary epithelial cells are pluripotent, self-renewing and sensitive to TGF-beta1 expressionCorinne A Boulanger
Mammary Biology and Tumorigenesis Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 24:552-60. 2005A parity-induced mammary population, marked by beta-galactosidase expression conditionally activated through cre-lox recombinase originates in WAP-Cre/Rosa-lox-STOP-lox-LacZ (WAP-Cre/Rosa-LacZ) female mice during pregnancy, lactation and ..
- Is the association between parity and coronary heart disease due to biological effects of pregnancy or adverse lifestyle risk factors associated with child-rearing? Findings from the British Women's Heart and Health Study and the British Regional Heart StDebbie A Lawlor
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Circulation 107:1260-4. 2003b>Parity is associated with coronary heart disease (CHD) risk. In the present study, we assessed the associations between number of children and CHD in both women and men.
- Trends in mode of delivery during 1984-2003: can they be explained by pregnancy and delivery complications?C M O'Leary
Telethon Institute for Child Health Research, Centre for Child Health Research, The University of Western Australia, West Perth, Western Australia, Australia
BJOG 114:855-64. 2007..To describe trends in mode of delivery, to identify significant factors which affected mode of delivery, and to describe how these factors and their impact have changed over time...
- Risk of cesarean delivery with elective induction of labor at term in nulliparous womenS T Seyb
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Medical School, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obstet Gynecol 94:600-7. 1999..To quantify the risk of cesarean delivery associated with elective induction of labor in nulliparous women at term...
- Parity and low birth weight and preterm birth: a systematic review and meta-analysesPrakesh S Shah
Department of Paediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:862-75. 2010To systematically review the risks of pregnancy outcomes among women of different parity.
- Cancer incidence and mortality in relation to body mass index in the Million Women Study: cohort studyGillian K Reeves
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7LF
BMJ 335:1134. 2007..To examine the relation between body mass index (kg/m2) and cancer incidence and mortality...
- An adjunct mammary epithelial cell population in parous females: its role in functional adaptation and tissue renewalKay Uwe Wagner
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986805 Nebraska Medical Center, Rm 8009, Omaha, NE 68198 6805, USA
Development 129:1377-86. 2002..In transplantation studies, this parity-induced epithelial population shows the capacity for self-renewal and contributes significantly to the ..
- Experience of labor and birth in 1111 womenU Waldenström
Department of Nursing, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Psychosom Res 47:471-82. 1999..Data were collected by a questionnaire in early pregnancy (demographic background, parity, personality traits, and expectations), hospital records (pharmacological pain relief, induction, augmentation of ..
- Risk factors for malaria infection and anemia for pregnant women in the Sahel area of Bandiagara, MaliAlassane Dicko
Department of Epidemiology of Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Pharmacy and Odonto Stomatology, Malaria Research and Training Center, Bamako, Mali
Acta Trop 89:17-23. 2003..In conclusion, the data suggest, that earlier gestation age, living in the rural area, and young age rather than parity are important risk factors for malaria infection in pregnant women...
- Comparison of maternal risk factors between placental abruption and placenta previaQiuying Yang
OMNI Research Group, Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Perinatol 26:279-86. 2009..9 per 1000 multiparous singleton pregnancies. The effects of maternal age, race, parity, and previous cesarean section were stronger on placenta previa than on placental abruption, and the effects of ..
- Birth preparedness and emergency readiness plans of antenatal clinic attendees in Ile-ife, NigeriaA A Onayade
Department of Community Health, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife Nigeria
Niger Postgrad Med J 17:30-9. 2010..The study assessed adequacy of BP/CR plans of antenatal clinic attendees in Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria...
- Fear of childbirth: a neglected dilemmaTerhi Saisto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:201-8. 2003....
- Feeling in control during labor: concepts, correlates, and consequencesJosephine M Green
Mother and Infant Research Unit, University of Leeds, Leeds, England
Birth 30:235-47. 2003....
- Fear of childbirth according to parity, gestational age, and obstetric historyH Rouhe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
BJOG 116:67-73. 2009To examine fear of childbirth according to parity, gestational age, and obstetric history.
- Parity and pregnancy outcomesJun Bai
Division of Women s and Child Health, Liverpool Health Service, South Western Sydney Area Health Service, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:274-8. 2002The issue of parity and risk of pregnancy outcomes has been controversial for many decades...
- Pregnancy outcome in primiparae of advanced maternal ageIlse Delbaere
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 135:41-6. 2007..To investigate the impact of maternal age on singleton pregnancy outcome, taking into account intermediate and confounding factors...
- Elective induction of labor as a risk factor for cesarean delivery among low-risk women at termA S Maslow
Department of Clinical Outcomes and Quality Improvement, Franciscan Health System, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Obstet Gynecol 95:917-22. 2000..To determine the effects of elective induction on the risk of cesarean delivery in a cohort of women with low-risk term pregnancies and to evaluate the costs of elective induction services within our hospital system...
- Primary cesarean delivery among parous women in the United States, 1990-2003Jessie Ford
Epidemiology and Contraception and Reproductive Health Branches, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20852, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:1235-41. 2008..To explore trends in primary cesarean delivery rates among parous women with singleton pregnancies in the United States between 1990 and 2003...
- Pelvic floor function in nulliparous women using three-dimensional ultrasound and magnetic resonance imagingJ A Kruger
Department of Sport and Exercise Science, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Obstet Gynecol 111:631-8. 2008..To compare biometric measures of pelvic floor function obtained using three-dimensional (3D) ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a group of nulliparous asymptomatic young women...
- Women's experiences and preferences following Caesarean birthJodie Dodd
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:521-4. 2004..To seek women's views on their planned mode of birth in a subsequent pregnancy when they had a single prior Caesarean birth in the immediately preceding pregnancy...
- Reproductive history and mortality after breast cancer diagnosisMaura K Whiteman
Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:146-54. 2004..To assess whether reproductive factors are associated with mortality after breast cancer diagnosis...
- Obstetric fistula in 14,928 Ethiopian womenMulu Muleta
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:945-51. 2010..Here, we characterize women with obstetric fistula, test the hypothesis that primi- and multipara represent different profiles and that fetal size is an important factor in developing fistula...
- Prevalence of pelvic floor disorders in the female population and the impact of age, mode of delivery, and parityIlknur Kepenekci
Department of General Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Dis Colon Rectum 54:85-94. 2011..The purposes of the present study were to determine prevalence of pelvic floor disorders among the female population and to evaluate the impact of age, parity, and mode of delivery on these disorders.
- Children who were vaccinated, breast fed and from low parity mothers live longer: a community based case-control study in Jimma, EthiopiaBelaineh Girma
Department of Public Health and Social Science, Addis Continental Institute of Public Health, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
BMC Public Health 11:197. 2011..The purpose of this study is to identify determinants and causes of child mortality...
- Case-control study of risk factors associated with hepatitis C virus infection among pregnant women in hospitals of Karachi-PakistanUzma R Khan
Department of Community Health Sciences, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Trop Med Int Health 13:754-61. 2008..To identify risk factors for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection among pregnant women seeking antenatal care in tertiary care hospitals of Karachi, Pakistan...
- Effects of parity on blood pressure among West African Dogon womenJacquelyn Y Taylor
School of Nursing, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Ethn Dis 22:360-6. 2012This study examined the effect of parity on blood pressure (BP) readings and BMI among rural West African Dogon women.
- No reduction in instrumental vaginal births and no increased risk for adverse perineal outcome in nulliparous women giving birth on a birth seat: results of a Swedish randomized controlled trialLi Thies-Lagergren
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Division of Reproductive and Perinatal Health Care, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm SE 171 76, Sweden
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:22. 2011....
- Induction of labor and the risk for emergency cesarean section in nulliparous and multiparous womenMalin Thorsell
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska Institute, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 90:1094-9. 2011To assess the risk for emergency cesarean section among women in whom labor was induced in gestational week ≥41 and to evaluate if parity and mode of induction affected this association.
- Rising trend and indications of caesarean section at the university of Maiduguri teaching hospital, NigeriaAdo D Geidam
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
Ann Afr Med 8:127-32. 2009..To determine the trend and indications for the use of caesarean delivery in our environment...
- Behind the myth--few women prefer caesarean section in the absence of medical or obstetrical factorsAnnika Karlström
Mid Sweden Research and Development Centre, Vasternorrland County Council, Sundsvall SE 851 86, Sweden
Midwifery 27:620-7. 2011..to describe the prevalence of women's preference for caesarean section as expressed in mid pregnancy, late pregnancy and one year post partum. An additional aim was to identify associated factors and investigate reasons for the preference...
- Parity, mode of delivery, and pelvic floor disordersEmily S Lukacz
Women s Pelvic Medicine Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Obstet Gynecol 107:1253-60. 2006This study aimed to assess the associations between parity, mode of delivery, and pelvic floor disorders.
- Use of four biomarkers to evaluate the risk of breast cancer subtypes in the women's contraceptive and reproductive experiences studyHuiyan Ma
Division of Cancer Etiology, Department of Population Sciences, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cancer Res 70:575-87. 2010..b>Parity was associated with a decreased risk of luminal A (ER(+) or PR(+), HER2(-)), luminal B (ER(+) or PR(+)/HER2(+)), ..
- Women's views on elective primary caesarean sectionSusan Pakenham
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:1089-94. 2006..Recent articles and opinions in both the medical and lay press have polarized this issue. The purpose of this study was to determine the opinions and choices of nulliparous and multiparous women with respect to mode of delivery...
- Fecal and urinary incontinence in primiparous womenDiane Borello-France
Duquesne University, Department of Physical Therapy, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15282, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:863-72. 2006..To prospectively investigate the relationship between anal sphincter tears and postpartum fecal and urinary incontinence...
- Effects of parity on pelvic size and shape dimorphism in MusHeidi Schutz
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, 334 UCB, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
J Morphol 270:834-42. 2009..Pelvic shape differences between males and females were consistent with previous findings in other taxa which identify the pubo-ischial complex as the primary region of dimorphism...
- Parity and the risk of breast and ovarian cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersRoger L Milne
Grupo de Epidemiología Genética y Molecular, Programa de Genética del Cáncer Humano, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncologicas CNIO, C Melchor Fernández Almagro, Madrid, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:221-32. 2010..We assessed parity as a risk modifier in 515 and 503 Spanish female carriers of mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2, respectively...
- The effect of pregnancy and parity on headache prevalence: the Head-HUNT studyKaren Aegidius
Norwegian National Headache Centre, Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Headache 49:851-9. 2009In previous studies, pregnancy has been associated with less headache, but the influence of parity on this association is largely unknown.
- Do pregnant women still smoke? A study of smoking patterns among 261,029 primiparous women in Denmark 1997-2005Kirsten Egebjerg Jensen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen O, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:760-7. 2008..Describe smoking patterns in pregnancy in Denmark from 1997 to 2005 and make comparisons with the other Nordic countries, and further to analyze the influence of socio-demographic factors on smoking patterns in pregnancy...
- Parity is not related to autoimmune thyroid disease in a population-based study of Japanese-BraziliansJosé A Sgarbi
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Rua Pedro de Toledo 669, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 20:1151-6. 2010..In this study, we investigated the hypothesis whether parity, abortion, and the use of estrogens are associated with a higher risk for thyroid autoimmunity.
- Zinc, parity, infection, and severe anemia among pregnant women in Kassla, eastern SudanAyoub A Mohamed
Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, Sudan
Biol Trace Elem Res 140:284-90. 2011..169, P = 0.007). Thus, the role of chronic inflammation and zinc as possible contributing factors to anemia in pregnancy has important implications for the clinical evaluation and treatment of these women...
- Estrous cycle, pregnancy, and parity enhance performance of rats in object recognition or object placement tasksJason J Paris
The University at Albany, SUNY, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12222, USA
Reproduction 136:105-15. 2008..Given evidence that progestins and/or parity may influence cognition, we investigated how natural alterations in the progestin milieu influence cognitive ..
- Association between parity and autoimmune thyroiditis in a general female populationNele Friedrich
Institute of Community Medicine Unit SHIP, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Autoimmunity 41:174-80. 2008..The objective of the present study was to analyse the association between parity and AIT by using ultrasound and serological data.
- Is there a relationship between parity, pregnancy, back pain and incontinence?Michelle D Smith
Division of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 19:205-11. 2008..Associations between back pain, pregnancy, parity and incontinence were assessed in 14,779 younger and 14,099 mid-age women using chi-squared analysis...
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE CONSEQUENCES OF PARITYROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2012..Overall, reproductive experience-induced shifts in endocrine activities may affect endocrine-related diseases and behaviors later in adulthood, i.e. breast cancer, autoimmune diseases, and postpartum mood disorders. ..
- Genetics of Spontaneous Pelvic Organ Prolapse in the MouseJay E Reeder; Fiscal Year: 2010..Current literature has correlated the development of pelvic organ prolapse with age, vaginal parity, increased infant birth weight, menopausal status, and genetic susceptibility...
- Visualization of Pelvic Floor ReflexesCHRISTOS EURIPIDES CONSTANTINOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..responses prevent stress urinary incontinence during fast and stressful maneuvers such as coughing are age and parity dependent. Before generalizing this hypothesis we propose to first obtain evidence that spans the age and parity...
- GWA Mapping: Maternal Metabolism-Birth Weight InteractionsWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2009..ponderal index, head circumference and adiposity) allowing for other known influences such as gestational age, parity, and maternal weight gain...
- An internet based prospective study of time to pregnancyElizabeth E Hatch; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will collect potential confounder data on frequency of intercourse, smoking, parity, cycle regularity, cycle length, last method of contraception, occupation, education, stress and depressive ..
- Traffic-Related Air Pollution and Ultrasound Measures of Fetal GrowthMICHELLE WILHELM TURNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., maternal race/ethnicity, education level and stature, marital status, parity, smoking, infections)...
- Metabolic and Energetic Consequences of FatherhoodWendy Saltzman; Fiscal Year: 2013..these energetic and metabolic effects (Aim 3);and that these consequences of fatherhood are modulated by paternal parity/age, offspring age, and stress...
- Maternal Stress, Obesity, and Influenza Virus Vaccine Immunogenicity in PregnancyLISA MICHELLE CHRISTIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In each season, 60 women will be assessed;30 obese and 30 non-obese who will be similar in age, race, parity, and socioeconomic status...
- Genetic conflict shapes centromeres and heterochromatinHarmit S Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..These essential functions range from segregating chromosomes to ensuring transcriptional parity at sex chromosomes via dosage compensation and defending the germline against transposons...
- Is Maternal Iron Status a Risk Factor in Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?Susan M Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..Its severity increases with parity, prompting suggestions that parity depletes some maternal factor/s that otherwise attenuate alcohol's effects ..
- Gene-Environment Interactions in GlaucomaLOUIS ROBERT PASQUALE; Fiscal Year: 2013..a prospective cohort study to assess the relationship between female reproductive attributes (age at menarche, parity and oral contraceptive use) and POAG risk among NHS participants...
- NSAIDs During Postpartum Involution for Breast Cancer ChemopreventionPepper J Schedin; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Parity influences the outcome of breast cancer in young women, with 34% mortality at 5 years for women within 5 years of ..
- Elective Induction of Labor and Pregnancy OutcomesDarios Getahun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Apgar score, stillbirth, and neonatal death;and Aim 2: Examine how risks vary by the mother's race/ethnicity, parity, and pre-pregnancy obesity...
- Sterilization Patterns In the United StatesMieke C W Eeckhaut; Fiscal Year: 2013..disadvantaged women appear to be primarily an artifact of an accelerated childbearing schedule, higher achieved parity, and less stable union histories? In addition, we will consider if these individual correlates of contraceptive ..
- Prevention of Menopause-Related Ovarian Epithelial CancerElizabeth R Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010..ovarian cancer is well linked with reproductive history, where uninterrupted ovulation frequency and non-parity increase the risk, and parity and the use of oral contraceptives clearly reduce the risk...
- Sleep-Related Determinants of Gestational DiabetesBilgay Izci-Balserak; Fiscal Year: 2013..disturbances and sleep characteristics with GDM, recruiting 140 cases and 280 controls (1:2 match for age, race, parity and body mass index (BMI)) from the obstetrics services at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) ..
- 2011 Multidrug Efflux Systems GRCOlga Lomovskaya; Fiscal Year: 2011..Every effort will be made to encourage participation by postgraduate students and postdocs, to have parity in the numbers of women, and to include minorities and persons with disabilities...
- Nested case-control study of maternal herpes viruses in relation to gastroschisisMartha M Werler; Fiscal Year: 2013..develops) will be compared between cases and controls, taking the matching factors, birth year, geographic region, parity, body mass index, smoking, and vitamin D into account...
- Novel Determination of Microbicide PK in Women's Reproductive HealthDAVID FRANK KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..They vary with menstrual cycle phase, parity, microbiology, menopause and other factors in reproductive health...
- Adoption of Innovations in Private A &D Treatment CentersPaul M Roman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The federal parity law and forthcoming health care reform are likely to dramatically affect demand for SUDs treatment in two ways: ..
- Expanding Treatment of Opioid Dependence Among the Privately InsuredSusan H Busch; Fiscal Year: 2012..The aim of the newly-enacted federal substance abuse parity law is to equalize private coverage for behavioral and physical illnesses...
- Racial disparities in human endogenous retrovirus and breast cancerLi Tang; Fiscal Year: 2012..known hormone-related exposures that are risk factors for breast cancer (such as age at first full-term pregnancy, parity, early menarche, and late menopause), may interact with HERVs to contribute to breast cancer...
- Increasing Colorectal Cancer Screening among African AmericanRichard C Palmer; Fiscal Year: 2012..Interventions to increase screening rates for African Americans are needed if parity is to be achieved...
- Health of Children Born by Mothers with Pheumatoid ArthritisJorn Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Several potential confounders will be taken into consideration such as age, parity, cohabitation, social conditions and place of living...
- Pregnancy, Obesogenic Environments, and Basal-like Breast CancerMelissa A Troester; Fiscal Year: 2013..There are complex relationships between age, race, parity, and obesity in observational human datasets making it difficult to translate these findings into public health ..
- A link between parity, trunk muscle function, and degenerative spondylolisthesisLawrence W Mysliwiec; Fiscal Year: 2011..Three specific aims are to determine whether: (1) parity/CS/other abdominal surgeries are associated with DS, (2) trunk muscle deficiency is associated with DS, and (3) ..
- Measuring and Explaining Unintended Pregnancy in the United States, 1987-2009Lawrence B Finer; Fiscal Year: 2013..sociodemographic subgroups, including age, marriage and union status, poverty status race/ethnicity, education, parity, religious affiliation, and (for the most recent period) immigration status...
- Identifying Ovarian Cancer Susceptibility Alleles using Genome-Wide Scan DataCeleste Leigh Pearce; Fiscal Year: 2012..cancer have been identified, including menopausal hormone therapy use, perineal talc use, obesity, infertility, parity, breast-feeding, oral contraceptive use, and tubal ligation, In this proposal we have the opportunity to explore ..
- Effects of Ethanol Exposure During Involution on Post-Partum Breast Cancer"PATRICIA ANN MASSO WELCH; Fiscal Year: 2011..Although parity in general induces a long-term protective effect on life-long breast cancer risk, the mammary gland remodeling of ..
- Advancement of Women in STEMM: A Multi-level Research and Action ProjectMolly L Carnes; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Although women and men are near parity at early career levels in many research fields, women are underrepresented in senior ranks, leaving unrealized the full potential of their vital contributions to ..
- Role of p53 polymorphisms in disparities in breast carcinogenesis and outcome .ROBIN S FUCHS-YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..that the risks of pre- menopausal breast cancer and more aggressive forms of the disease are actually increased by parity and early pregnancy in AA women...
- Intergenerational Obesity: Do Early Adversity and Pregnancy Explain Disparities?BARBARA FAYE ABRAMS; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. women and their children provide a unique opportunity to assess parity- related weight, socioeconomic and psychological factors, and BMI across one generation of mothers and their ..
- Natural History of Stress, Urge and Mixed Urinary Incontinence in WomenXIAOWEI SHERRY YAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Risk factors common to stress and urge UI include obesity, parity, hormone replacement therapy, prolapse and others...
- Social Networks and Pathways to Transplant Parity for Black Hemodialysis PatientsTERI MARIE BROWNE; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Social Work by establishing a funded program of meritorious research on the pathways to kidney transplant parity and including students in all aspects of the research...
- Growth Hormones and Breast Cancer RiskShelley S Tworoger; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., parity, shift work)...
- IDEAS for a Healthy Baby: Reducing Disparities in Consumer Use of Quality DataSarah L Goff; Fiscal Year: 2013..data to select a pediatric care provider;2) to assess the efficacy of the intervention in subgroups defined by parity, race/ethnicity, and health literacy;3) to evaluate th importance of publicly reported information about quality ..
- MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL STUDY OF COLLAGEN IN PROLAPSEAnthony Visco; Fiscal Year: 2002..Several studies have identified pregnancy related risk factors for pelvic floor dysfunction including vaginal parity, increased infant birth weight, forceps and vacuum assisted vaginal delivery, episiotomy and prolonged second ..
- Effects of Mental Parity on High-Cost and Severely-Ill IndividualsHaiden A Huskamp; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Parity policies aim to protect individuals with severe mental illnesses against the catastrophic costs of seeking ..
- The Effects of State and Federal Insurance Policies on Quality of Care for AutismDouglas L Leslie; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition to informing futue Medicaid HCBS waivers and insurance coverage mandates, the results of the study will be instrumental in implementing the Federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and health care reform.
- Parity, child mental health, and substance abuseELLEN R MEARA; Fiscal Year: 2010The recent passage of the Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008, which requires private health plans to provide equal coverage of behavioral and medical/surgical services, also known as ..
- Risk Factors Associated with Unintended PregnanciesEvelyn Angel James; Fiscal Year: 2013..g. intent of previous pregnancies, parity, elective termination history), stressful life events (e.g...
- The Role of Immune Cells in Breast Development and CancerSung Jin Huh; Fiscal Year: 2013..populations will be isolated from organoids and stroma of normal breast tissue samples with different parity status to dissect their role in normal breast development using immunofluorescence, FACS, and molecular profiling ..
- Comparing ankle arthrodesis to ankle arthroplastyBruce Sangeorzan; Fiscal Year: 2012..To assure parity in surgical skill in both treatments, we employ only surgeons with a minimum 5 years experience and performance of ..
- Congenital Transmission of Lineages I and II of Trypanasoma cruziPierre Buekens; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our secondary hypothesis is that the characteristics of T. cruzi infected mothers (e.g., age, parity, transmission in previous pregnancies) and their exposure to vectors are different in regions where TcI is ..
- 2012 Cornea, Biology &Pathobiology GRCSUZANNE MARIANE JANETE FLEISZIG; Fiscal Year: 2012..Every effort will be made to encourage participation by graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, to have parity in the numbers of women, and to include minorities and persons with disabilities...
- Mental Health Coverage in Health Care ReformThomas G McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2012..Plans offered through the Exchanges will cover a federally defined "essential benefit package," which includes parity in coverage for mental health care...
- 8th International Conference on Cryptococcus and CryptococcosisMaurizio Del Poeta; Fiscal Year: 2011..Every effort will be made to encourage participation by graduate students and postdocs and we will see parity with respect to women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. Childcare will be provided as needed...
- A Public Health Program to Reduce Risk of Antepartum DepressionDARLENE ELIZABETH JESSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..mediators (stress, negative thoughts, self esteem, and social support) and moderators (ethnicity/race and parity) on antepartum depressive symptoms (APDS)...
- Genetic Regulatory Network in Mammary Gland Development and TumorigenesisWei Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Many comprehensive studies have indicated that parity affects the chances of being inflicted with breast cancer...
- Endometrial cancer in black womenLauren A Wise; Fiscal Year: 2013..evidence from the Epidemiology of Endometrial Cancer Consortium (E2C2) suggests that oral contraceptive use, parity, and older age at first and last birth are not as protective against endometrial cancer in black women as they are ..
- Sleep Patterns and Depression in Mothers and Fathers of TwinsELIZABETH DAMATO; Fiscal Year: 2007..feeding method, consolability of the twins, post-menstrual age, sleeping arrangements, care-giving assistance, parity, and employment) on sleep patterns, and (4) identify strategies parents use to increase their sleep...
- Implementation of Federal Mental Health ParityColleen L Barry; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): In October 2008, the Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity (MHPAE) Act was passed by the U.S. Congress...
- Maternal Morbidity and Mortality in Multiple PregnancyBarbara Luke; Fiscal Year: 2006..by their small sample sizes and frequent failure to control for the confounding factors of maternal age and parity. The objective of the study proposed in this application is to fill this knowledge gap by using national vital ..
- Clinical Measures to Lower Genital Tract Trauma at BirthLeah Albers; Fiscal Year: 2004..on the likelihood of an intact perineum after birth, with control for confounding variables (maternal age and parity, birth position, style of pushing, size and position of baby at birth, length of second stage, and epidural ..
- Pivotal Career Decisions Guiding Potential Women Science FacultyRichard McGee; Fiscal Year: 2012..While parity with men has been achieved in the early stages of training for some fields, progress has been very uneven, with ..
- Mammographic Breast Density and Ovarian CancerKaren J Wernli; Fiscal Year: 2012..mammographic breast density and incident ovarian cancer risk is modified by ovarian cancer risk factors, including parity, hormone therapy use, oral contraceptive use, family history of breast or ovarian cancer, and menopausal status...
- 2013 Multi-Drug Efflux Systems GRCOlga Lomovskaya; Fiscal Year: 2013..Every effort will be mae to encourage participation by postgraduate students and postdocs, to have parity in the numbers of women, and to include minorities and persons with disabilities...
- Epigenetic Features of Pregnancy-Associated Breast Cancer in Hispanic WomenMaria Elena Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies will be conducted in BC case series of Hispanic women, a population characterized by high parity. Our specific aims are to: 1) Define the risk factors, tumor sub-types, and clinicopathological characteristics ..
- An Automated System for Breast Cancer Biomarker AnalysisJohn J Heine; Fiscal Year: 2010..Compared to other risk factors, such as age, family history, hormone exposure, parity, etc...
- Plurality and Contemporary Infant Mortality RisksBarbara Luke; Fiscal Year: 2006..of multiple pregnancies, controlling for important maternal and fetal factors, including age, race and ethnicity, parity, smoking status, infant gender, birth weight, and gestational age, as well as factors unique to multiple ..
- 2012 Drug Resistance Gordon Research ConferenceMargaret A Riley; Fiscal Year: 2012..Every effort will be made to encourage participation by postgraduate students and postdocs, to have parity in the numbers of women, and to include minorities and persons with disabilities...
- Epidemiologic Study of Placental AbruptionCande Ananth; Fiscal Year: 2006..Controls will comprise women who do not develop abruption, and will be matched to cases (1:1) based on parity (0, 1, 2+) and race/ethnicity (Caucasian, African-American, Hispanic, other)...
- Parity and Addiction Act: Impact on Benefits, Use and CostsSUSAN LOUISE ETTNER; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA), which took effect for plans renewing from July 2010 on, significantly changed the law and ..
- Extended-Release vs. Oral Naltrexone Alcohol Treatment in Primary CareJOSHUA D LEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..If the treatment of alcohol disorders is to meaningfully expand in the era of the medical home, addiction parity, and health insurance reform, primary care physicians and payers must be convinced that effective, simple-to-use, ..
- A Secular Change in Menstrual Characteristicis of Adult and Midlife Women?Sioban D Harlow; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given the secular change in risk factors that influence menstrual function, including body size, smoking, parity and hormone use, evaluation of their impact on menstrual function is warranted...
- International Symposium on Collaterals to the BrainDAVID SIGMUND LIEBESKIND; Fiscal Year: 2012..Every effort will be made to encourage participation by postgraduate students and postdocs, to have parity in the numbers of women, and to include minorities and persons with disabilities...
- NEIGHBORHOOD CHARACTERISTICS AND RISK OF GESTATIONAL DIABETES IN NEW YORK CITYTeresa Janevic; Fiscal Year: 2007..will be addressed using multilevel models controlling for potential individual-level (education, ethnicity, parity, age, Medicaid status) and neighborhood-level (deprivation) confounders: 1) Is a poor neighborhood food ..
- EFFECT OF LACTATION ON BONEMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 1993..on bone mass by prospectively measuring bone mass and biochemical markers of bone turnover in women of 0-1 parity who are breast- or bottle-feeding...
- MODEL FOR PELVIC FLOOR DISORDERSAmanda Clark; Fiscal Year: 2004..The work proposed addresses the role of steroid hormones, aging and parity in the rhesus macaque vagina...
- Hormone markers during pregnancy and ovarian concer riskSven Cnattingius; Fiscal Year: 2005..Despite the evidence that risk of ovarian cancer is reduced with increasing parity, while incomplete pregnancies, such as spontaneous abortions, appear not to influence risk, studies of ..
- PARTURITION INDUCED PELVIC FLOOR NEUROPATHYKARL THOR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Given the high correlation between parity and pelvic organ prolapse, it is our overarching hypothesis that damage to the innervation of the pelvic floor ..
- Impact of Intrauterine Tobacco Smoke Exposure on Umbilical Cord Blood Stem CellsJENNIFER KORNOSKY; Fiscal Year: 2009..Regression models that control for potential confounders such as serum folate, maternal age, parity, race/ethnicity, body mass index status, previous IUGR/fetal death, and fetal gender will be developed to address ..
- Oregon's Parity Law: Comprehensive Parity in Today's Healthcare EnvironmentKENNETH MCCONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2009..provided by applicant): On January 1, 2007, Oregon implemented its "Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Parity Legislation." Oregon's parity legislation differs in important ways from other parity expansions...
- PERINATAL FACTORS AND BREAST CANCERDimitrios Trichopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2000..jaundice; and, to study the effect of other indicators of intrauterine environment, such as maternal overweight, parity, and age at time of birth as well as placenta characteristics, on the occurrence of breast cancer in the female ..
- ECONOMICS OF MANAGED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARERichard Scheffler; Fiscal Year: 2004..study is an analysis of the policy-making underpinning the passage and implementation of the 1996 Mental Health Parity Act...