Genomes and Genes
Summary: Recording of the moment-to-moment electromotive forces of the HEART as projected onto various sites on the body's surface, delineated as a scalar function of time. The recording is monitored by a tracing on slow moving chart paper or by observing it on a cardioscope, which is a CATHODE RAY TUBE DISPLAY.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- The electrocardiogram predicts one-year outcome of patients with unstable angina and non-Q wave myocardial infarction: results of the TIMI III Registry ECG Ancillary Study. Thrombolysis in Myocardial IschemiaC P Cannon
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:133-40. 1997..We sought to determine the prognostic value of the admission electrocardiogram (ECG) in patients with unstable angina and non-Q wave myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Impaired impulse propagation in Scn5a-knockout mice: combined contribution of excitability, connexin expression, and tissue architecture in relation to agingToon A B van Veen
Heart Lung Center, Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 112:1927-35. 2005..The SCN5A sodium channel is a major determinant for cardiac impulse propagation. We used epicardial mapping of the atria, ventricles, and septae to investigate conduction velocity (CV) in Scn5a heterozygous young and old mice...
- Universal definition of myocardial infarctionKristian Thygesen
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens, Aarhus C, Denmark
Eur Heart J 28:2525-38. 2007
- Universal definition of myocardial infarctionKristian Thygesen
Department of Medicine and Cardiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens, Gade 2, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2173-95. 2007
- Heart rate variability: origins, methods, and interpretive caveatsG G Berntson
Department of Psychology, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Psychophysiology 34:623-48. 1997..Summary guidelines for research in this area are outlined, and suggestions and prospects for future developments are considered...
- A model for human ventricular tissueK H W J ten Tusscher
Department of Theoretical Biology, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H1573-89. 2004..We conclude that the proposed model reproduces a variety of electrophysiological behaviors and provides a basis for studies of reentrant arrhythmias in human ventricular tissue...
- Drug-induced prolongation of the QT intervalDan M Roden
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1013-22. 2004
- ACC/AHA/ESC 2006 guidelines for management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology ComDouglas P Zipes
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:e247-346. 2006
- Estimated radiation dose associated with cardiac CT angiographyJorg Hausleiter
Department of Cardiology, Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Klinik an der Technischen Universität München, Lazarettstrasse 36, 80636 München, Germany
JAMA 301:500-7. 2009..However, the potential risks due to exposure to ionizing radiation associated with CCTA have raised concerns...
- Short-term heart rate variability strongly predicts sudden cardiac death in chronic heart failure patientsMaria Teresa La Rovere
Divisione di Cardiologia e Bioingegneria, Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri, IRCCS Istituto Scientifico di Montescano, Pavia, Italy
Circulation 107:565-70. 2003....
- Cardiac-resynchronization therapy for mild-to-moderate heart failureAnthony S L Tang
Island Medical Program, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
N Engl J Med 363:2385-95. 2010..Most of these patients are candidates for an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD). We evaluated whether adding CRT to an ICD and optimal medical therapy might reduce mortality and morbidity among such patients...
- Loss-of-function mutations in the cardiac calcium channel underlie a new clinical entity characterized by ST-segment elevation, short QT intervals, and sudden cardiac deathCharles Antzelevitch
Masonic Medical Research Laboratory, 2150 Bleecker St, Utica, NY 13501, USA
Circulation 115:442-9. 2007..We describe a new clinical entity that consists of an ST-segment elevation in the right precordial ECG leads, a shorter-than-normal QT interval, and a history of sudden cardiac death...
- Relationships between preclinical cardiac electrophysiology, clinical QT interval prolongation and torsade de pointes for a broad range of drugs: evidence for a provisional safety margin in drug developmentW S Redfern
Safety Assessment UK, AstraZeneca R and D Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
Cardiovasc Res 58:32-45. 2003..To attempt to determine the relative value of preclinical cardiac electrophysiology data (in vitro and in vivo) for predicting risk of torsade de pointes (TdP) in clinical use...
- Epidermal electronicsDae Hyeong Kim
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, and Frederick Seitz Materials Research Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Science 333:838-43. 2011..We used this type of technology to measure electrical activity produced by the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles and show that the resulting data contain sufficient information for an unusual type of computer game controller...
- Genome-wide association study of PR intervalArne Pfeufer
Institute of Human Genetics, Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Nat Genet 42:153-9. 2010..0056). This suggests a role for common variation in ion channel and developmental genes in atrial and atrioventricular conduction as well as in susceptibility to atrial fibrillation...
- Prevalence of long-QT syndrome gene variants in sudden infant death syndromeMarianne Arnestad
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Circulation 115:361-7. 2007..Given the importance and potential implications of these observations, we performed a study to more accurately quantify the contribution to SIDS of LQTS gene mutations and rare variants...
- Dilated cardiomyopathyJohn Lynn Jefferies
Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Lancet 375:752-62. 2010..Arrhythmia therapy and prevention of sudden death continue to be mainstays of treatment. Despite progress over the past 10 years, outcomes need to be improved...
- Common variants in 22 loci are associated with QRS duration and cardiac ventricular conductionNona Sotoodehnia
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Genet 42:1068-76. 2010..These findings extend our current knowledge of ventricular depolarization and conduction...
- Predictors of outcome in patients with acute coronary syndromes without persistent ST-segment elevation. Results from an international trial of 9461 patients. The PURSUIT InvestigatorsE Boersma
University Hospital Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 101:2557-67. 2000..Appropriate treatment policies should include an accurate estimate of a patient's baseline risk. Risk modeling to date has been underutilized in patients with acute coronary syndromes without persistent ST-segment elevation...
- Coronary computed tomography angiography with a consistent dose below 1 mSv using prospectively electrocardiogram-triggered high-pitch spiral acquisitionStephan Achenbach
Department of Cardiology, University of Erlangen, Ulmenweg 18, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur Heart J 31:340-6. 2010..We evaluated the feasibility and image quality of a new scan mode for coronary computed tomography angiography (CTA) with an effective dose of less than 1 mSv...
- A real-time QRS detection method based on moving-averaging incorporating with wavelet denoisingSzi Wen Chen
Department of Electronic Engineering, Chang Gung University, Kwei Shan, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 82:187-95. 2006..5% of the detection rate for the standard database, and also, it could function reliably even under the condition of poor signal quality in the measured ECG data...
- Prevalence and prognosis of unrecognized myocardial infarction determined by cardiac magnetic resonance in older adultsErik B Schelbert
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 308:890-6. 2012Unrecognized myocardial infarction (MI) is prognostically important. Electrocardiography (ECG) has limited sensitivity for detecting unrecognized MI (UMI).
- Congenital sick sinus syndrome caused by recessive mutations in the cardiac sodium channel gene (SCN5A)D Woodrow Benson
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital, Ohio, USA
J Clin Invest 112:1019-28. 2003..Our findings reveal a molecular basis for some forms of congenital SSS and define a recessive disorder of a human heart voltage-gated sodium channel...
- The use of the Hilbert transform in ECG signal analysisD Benitez
Department of Instrumentation and Analytical Science, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Comput Biol Med 31:399-406. 2001..A detection error rate of less than 0.8% was achieved in every study case. The reliability of the proposed detector compares very favorably with published results for other QRS detectors...
- Twenty-two year (1975 to 1997) trends in the incidence, in-hospital and long-term case fatality rates from initial Q-wave and non-Q-wave myocardial infarction: a multi-hospital, community-wide perspectiveM I Furman
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 37:1571-80. 2001....
- Electrocardiographic QT interval and mortality: a meta-analysisYiyi Zhang
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Epidemiology 22:660-70. 2011..However, the implications of variations in QT-interval length within normal limits for mortality in the general population are still unclear...
- Risk of arrhythmias in myotonic dystrophy: trial design of the RAMYD studyAntonio Dello Russo
Institute of Cardiology, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Catholic University, L go A Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 10:51-8. 2009....
- Low-dose, 128-slice, dual-source CT coronary angiography: accuracy and radiation dose of the high-pitch and the step-and-shoot modeHatem Alkadhi
University Hospital Zurich, Institute of Diagnostic Radiology, Raemistrasse 100, Zurich, Switzerland
Heart 96:933-8. 2010..To compare the diagnostic accuracy and radiation doses of two low-dose protocols for coronary artery imaging with second-generation, dual-source CT in comparison with catheter angiography (CA)...
- SCN5A mutations and the role of genetic background in the pathophysiology of Brugada syndromeVincent Probst
INSERM, UMR915, Nantes, France
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:552-7. 2009..However, in familial studies, the relationship between SCN5A mutations and BrS remains poorly understood. The aim of this study was to investigate the association of SCN5A mutations and BrS in a group of large genotyped families...
- Enhanced detection of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation by early and prolonged continuous holter monitoring in patients with cerebral ischemia presenting in sinus rhythmRaoul Stahrenberg
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Universitatsmedizin Gottingen, 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Stroke 41:2884-8. 2010..Early initiation and prolongation of continuous Holter monitoring may improve diagnostic yield compared with the standard of care including a 24-hour Holter recording...
- An advanced detrending method with application to HRV analysisMika P Tarvainen
University of Kuopio, Department of Applied Physics, Finland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:172-5. 2002..The method is based on smoothness priors approach and operates like a time-varying finite-impulse response high-pass filter. The effect of the detrending on time- and frequency-domain analysis of HRV is studied...
- Genetic variation in SCN10A influences cardiac conductionJohn C Chambers
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London, UK
Nat Genet 42:149-52. 2010..05) and a lower risk of ventricular fibrillation (P = 0.01). Our findings provide new insight into the pathogenesis of cardiac conduction, heart block and ventricular fibrillation...
- Diagnostic and prognostic utility of electrocardiography for left ventricular hypertrophy defined by magnetic resonance imaging in relationship to ethnicity: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA)Aditya Jain
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am Heart J 159:652-8. 2010..Ethnicity is believed to affect electrocardiographic (ECG) performance. We evaluated the diagnostic and prognostic performance of ECG for left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) as defined by MRI in relationship to ethnicity...
- Outcome parameters for trials in atrial fibrillation: executive summaryPaulus Kirchhof
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur Heart J 28:2803-17. 2007..In addition to a careful selection of a relevant primary outcome parameter, coverage of outcomes in all major domains of AF-related morbidity and mortality is desirable for any clinical trial in AF...
- A placebo-controlled trial of prucalopride for severe chronic constipationMichael Camilleri
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2344-54. 2008..In this 12-week trial, we aimed to determine the efficacy of prucalopride, a selective, high-affinity 5-hydroxytryptamine4 receptor agonist, in patients with severe chronic constipation...
- Noninvasive coronary angiography by 320-row computed tomography with lower radiation exposure and maintained diagnostic accuracy: comparison of results with cardiac catheterization in a head-to-head pilot investigationMarc Dewey
Charite, Medical School, Departments of Radiology, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Circulation 120:867-75. 2009..We evaluated coronary angiography using whole-heart 320-row CT, which avoids exposure-intensive overscanning and overranging...
- ACC/AHA guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction--executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Revise the 1999Elliott M Antman
Circulation 110:588-636. 2004
- Arrhythmia ECG noise reduction by ensemble empirical mode decompositionKang Ming Chang
Department of Photonics and Communication Engineering, Asia University, Wufeng, Taichung County, 500, Lioufeng Rd, Wufeng, Taichung County, 41354, Taiwan
Sensors (Basel) 10:6063-80. 2010..Mean square error between clean and filtered ECGs was used as filtering performance indexes. Results showed that high noise reduction is the major advantage of the EEMD based filter, especially on arrhythmia ECGs...
- Vertical P-wave axis: the electrocardiographic synonym for pulmonary emphysema and its severityLovely Chhabra
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01608, USA
Indian Heart J 64:40-2. 2012....
- Increased temporal dispersion of myocardial repolarization in myotonic dystrophy type 1: beyond the cardiac conduction systemDamiano Magrì
Cardiology Department, S Andrea Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Int J Cardiol 156:259-64. 2012..We also investigated the possible differences within DM1 patients by subdividing them according either to the presence of first degree atrioventricular block (1st AVB) or to the cytosine-thymine-guanine (CTG) repeat expansion size...
- A cardiac sodium channel mutation cosegregates with a rare connexin40 genotype in familial atrial standstillW Antoinette Groenewegen
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Res 92:14-22. 2003..We propose that, although the functional effect of each genetic change is relatively benign, the combined effect of genetic changes eventually progresses to total AS...
- A new approach for catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation: mapping of the electrophysiologic substrateKoonlawee Nademanee
Pacific Rim Electrophysiology Research Institute, Inglewood, California 90301, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:2044-53. 2004..We sought to test the hypothesis that complex fractionated electrograms (CFAEs) recorded during atrial fibrillation (AF) could be used as target sites for catheter ablation of AF...
- 2007 focused update of the ACC/AHA 2004 guidelines for the management of patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice GuidelinesElliott M Antman
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:210-47. 2008
- Instability and triangulation of the action potential predict serious proarrhythmia, but action potential duration prolongation is antiarrhythmicL M Hondeghem
Department of Pharmacology, Leuven, Belgium
Circulation 103:2004-13. 2001..Prolongation of action potential duration (APD) is considered a major antiarrhythmic mechanism (class 2I), but paradoxically, it frequently is also proarrhythmic (torsade de pointes)...
- Electrocardiographic abnormalities and sudden death in myotonic dystrophy type 1William J Groh
Department of Medicine, Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202, USA
N Engl J Med 358:2688-97. 2008..Sudden death can occur as a consequence of cardiac-conduction abnormalities in the neuromuscular disease myotonic dystrophy type 1. The determinants of the risk of sudden death remain imprecise...
- The human respiratory gateDwain L Eckberg
Department of Medicine, Hunter Holmes McGuire Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
J Physiol 548:339-52. 2003..I propose that the most enduring significance of respiratory gating is its use as a precisely controlled experimental tool to tease out and better understand otherwise inaccessible human autonomic neurophysiological mechanisms...
- Feasibility of low-dose coronary CT angiography: first experience with prospective ECG-gatingLars Husmann
Department of Medical Radiology and Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Zurich, Raemistr 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Heart J 29:191-7. 2008..To determine the feasibility of prospective electrocardiogram (ECG)-gating to achieve low-dose computed tomography coronary angiography (CTCA)...
- Acute exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and heart rate variabilityC A Pope
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
Environ Health Perspect 109:711-6. 2001..Altered cardiac autonomic function, assessed by decrements in HRV, is associated with acute exposure to ETS and may be part of the pathophysiologic mechanisms linking ETS exposure and increased cardiac vulnerability...
- STEMI and NSTEMI: are they so different? 1 year outcomes in acute myocardial infarction as defined by the ESC/ACC definition (the OPERA registry)Gilles Montalescot
Institut de Cardiologie and INSERM U856, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, AP HP, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75013, France
Eur Heart J 28:1409-17. 2007..The aim of this study was to describe the management and outcomes using 'real-world' data taking the new definition of acute myocardial infarction into account...
- Autonomic nervous system dysfunction and inflammation contribute to the increased cardiovascular mortality risk associated with depressionWillem J Kop
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Psychosom Med 72:626-35. 2010..To investigate prospectively whether autonomic nervous system (ANS) dysfunction and inflammation play a role in the increased cardiovascular disease (CVD)-related mortality risk associated with depression...
- Dispersion of repolarization and beta-thalassemia major: the prognostic role of QT and JT dispersion for identifying the high-risk patients for sudden deathVincenzo Russo
Chair of Cardiology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Eur J Haematol 86:324-31. 2011..The aim of our study was to evaluate the heterogeneity of ventricular repolarization in patients with beta-thalassemia and to test the hypothesis that an abnormal QTc and JTc dispersion may predict SCD in this population...
- ECG quantification of myocardial scar in cardiomyopathy patients with or without conduction defects: correlation with cardiac magnetic resonance and arrhythmogenesisDavid G Strauss
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 1:327-36. 2008....
- Connexin30.2 containing gap junction channels decelerate impulse propagation through the atrioventricular nodeMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Romerstrasse 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5959-64. 2006..g., atrial fibrillation) by preventing rapid conduction to the ventricles potentially associated with hemodynamic deterioration...
- Mouse model of SCN5A-linked hereditary Lenègre's disease: age-related conduction slowing and myocardial fibrosisAnne Royer
INSERM U533, Institut du Thorax, Faculte de Medecine, Nantes, France
Circulation 111:1738-46. 2005..In the present study, we investigated heterozygous Scn5a-knockout mice (Scn5a+/- mice) as a model for hereditary Lenègre's disease...
- Defining left bundle branch block in the era of cardiac resynchronization therapyDavid G Strauss
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:927-34. 2011..Further studies are needed to reinvestigate the electrocardiographic criteria for complete LBBB and the implications of these criteria for selecting patients for CRT...
- Long-term follow-up of arrhythmias in patients with myotonic dystrophy treated by pacing: a multicenter diagnostic pacemaker studyArnaud Lazarus
Service de Cardiologie et de Biostatistique, Hopital Cochin, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1645-52. 2002....
- Heart rate as a risk factor in chronic heart failure (SHIFT): the association between heart rate and outcomes in a randomised placebo-controlled trialMichael Bohm
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Homburg Saar, Germany
Lancet 376:886-94. 2010..We aimed to test our hypothesis by investigating the association between heart rate and events in this patient population...
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyCristina Basso
University of Padua Medical School, Padua, Italy
Lancet 373:1289-300. 2009..Cascade genetic screening of family members of gene-positive probands allows the identification of asymptomatic carriers who would require lifelong follow-up due to the age-related penetrance...
- The many metrics of cardiac chronotropy: a pragmatic primer and a brief comparison of metricsJohn J B Allen
Department of Psychology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721 0068, USA
Biol Psychol 74:243-62. 2007..Although generally highly correlated, the various metrics responded differently under challenge...
- Defects in nuclear structure and function promote dilated cardiomyopathy in lamin A/C-deficient miceVesna Nikolova
Molecular Cardiology Program, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Darlinghurst, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Invest 113:357-69. 2004..Despite severe DCM, defects in nuclear function prevent Lmna(-/-) cardiomyocytes from developing compensatory hypertrophy and accelerate disease progression...
- Clinical and genetic characterization of families with arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy provides novel insights into patterns of disease expressionSrijita Sen-Chowdhry
The Heart Hospital, University College London, United Kingdom
Circulation 115:1710-20. 2007..We hypothesized that unbiased representation of the spectrum of disease expression in arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia/cardiomyopathy would require in vivo assessment of families in a genetically heterogeneous population...
- The muscle-specific microRNA miR-1 regulates cardiac arrhythmogenic potential by targeting GJA1 and KCNJ2Baofeng Yang
Department of Pharmacology State Province Key Laboratories of Biomedicine Pharmaceutics of China, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150086, China
Nat Med 13:486-91. 2007..1) and GJA1 (which encodes connexin 43), and this likely accounts at least in part for its arrhythmogenic potential. Thus, miR-1 may have important pathophysiological functions in the heart, and is a potential antiarrhythmic target...
- Age- and training-dependent development of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy in heterozygous plakoglobin-deficient micePaulus Kirchhof
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Muenster, Germany
Circulation 114:1799-806. 2006..To test the hypothesis that reduced desmosomal protein expression causes ARVC, we studied the cardiac effects of heterozygous plakoglobin deficiency in mice...
- Sudden cardiac arrest associated with early repolarizationMichel Haissaguerre
Universite Bordeaux, Hopital Haut Leveque, Bordeaux Pessac, France
N Engl J Med 358:2016-23. 2008..Its potential to cause cardiac arrhythmias has been hypothesized from experimental studies, but it is not known whether there is a clinical association with sudden cardiac arrest...
- Computational assessment of drug-induced effects on the electrocardiogram: from ion channel to body surface potentialsNejib Zemzemi
Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Br J Pharmacol 168:718-33. 2013..Here our goal is to demonstrate the ability of computational models to simulate the effect of drug action on the electrical activity of the heart, at the level of the ion-channel, cell, heart and ECG body surface potential...
- Underdiagnosis of myocardial infarction in COPD - Cardiac Infarction Injury Score (CIIS) in patients hospitalised for COPD exacerbationPål H Brekke
Department of Medicine and Faculty Division, Akershus University Hospital, N 1478 Lørenskog, Norway
Respir Med 102:1243-7. 2008..We used Cardiac Infarction Injury Score (CIIS) to assess the prevalence of prior myocardical infarction (MI) in COPD patients and compared this to clinicians' previous diagnosis of MI...
- Association of major and minor ECG abnormalities with coronary heart disease eventsReto Auer
Department of Ambulatory Care and Community Medicine, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
JAMA 307:1497-505. 2012..Electrocardiographic (ECG) abnormalities are common in older adults and might be of value for CHD prediction...
- Divergent electrocardiographic responses to whole and particle-free diesel exhaust inhalation in spontaneously hypertensive ratsChristina M Lamb
Curriculum in Toxicology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514, USA
Toxicol Sci 125:558-68. 2012..g., gases), whereas others (e.g., PM) trigger delayed effects potentially via separate mechanisms...
- Electrocardiographic characteristics in a population with high rates of seropositivity for Trypanosoma cruzi infectionS Williams-Blangero
Department of Genetics, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:495-9. 2007..Results indicate that T. cruzi infection and subsequent Chagas disease will continue to be major health problems for the foreseeable future in this typical rural area of Brazil...
- QRS complexes detection for ECG signal: the Difference Operation MethodYun Chi Yeh
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Central University, Jhongli 320, Taiwan, ROC
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 91:245-54. 2008..Some records (QRS complex and T and P waves) of ECG signals in MIT-BIH arrhythmia database is tested to show the DOM has a much more precise detection rate and faster speed than other methods...
- Motion in cardiovascular MR imagingAndrew D Scott
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Unit, The Royal Brompton Hospital, London, England
Radiology 250:331-51. 2009..Similarly, for respiratory motion of the heart, techniques such as breath holding, respiratory gating, section tracking, phase-encoding ordering, subject-specific translational models, and a range of new techniques are considered...
- Impact of teaching and assessment format on electrocardiogram interpretation skillsTobias Raupach
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University Hospital Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Med Educ 44:731-40. 2010..This study assessed whether small-group peer teaching is more effective than lectures in enhancing medical students' ECG interpretation skills. In addition, the impact of assessment format on study outcome was analysed...
- Multiscale entropy analysis of pulse wave velocity for assessing atherosclerosis in the aged and diabeticHsien Tsai Wu
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Dong Hwa University, Hualien 97401, Taiwan
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 58:2978-81. 2011..A self-developed six-channel electrocardiography (ECG)-PWV-based equipment was used to acquire 1000 successive recordings of PWV(foot) values within 30 min...
- Expansion of a regional ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction system to an entire stateJames G Jollis
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circulation 126:189-95. 2012..Despite national guidelines calling for timely coronary artery reperfusion, treatment is often delayed, particularly for patients requiring interhospital transfer...
- Comparison of exercise electrocardiography and stress perfusion CMR for the detection of coronary artery disease in womenSimon Greulich
Robert Bosch Medical Center, Auerbachstrasse 110, 70376, Stuttgart, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 14:36. 2012Exercise electrocardiography (ECG) is frequently used in the work-up of patients with suspected coronary artery disease (CAD), however the accuracy is reduced in women...
- Intraventricular conduction delay in a standard 12-lead electrocardiogram as a predictor of mortality in the general populationAapo L Aro
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 4:704-10. 2011..In particular, there is a paucity of data on the prognostic significance of nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay in apparently healthy subjects...
- Electrocardiographic detection of emphysemaAnish J Thomas
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:1090-2. 2011..The specificity was increased when combined with a shortened QRS duration, at the cost of the sensitivity...
- Accuracy of electrocardiography in diagnosis of left ventricular hypertrophy in arterial hypertension: systematic reviewDaniel Pewsner
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine ISPM, University of Bern, Finkenhubelweg 11, CH 3012 Berne, Switzerland
BMJ 335:711. 2007To review the accuracy of electrocardiography in screening for left ventricular hypertrophy in patients with hypertension.
- Six-channel ECG-based pulse wave velocity for assessing whole-body arterial stiffnessHsien Tsai Wu
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Dong Hwa University, Hualien, Taiwan
Blood Press 21:167-76. 2012..We investigated the validity of applying a six-channel electrocardiogram-based pulse wave velocity (ECG-PWV) measurement system for this purpose...
- Wavelet transforms and the ECG: a reviewPaul S Addison
CardioDigital Ltd, Elvingston Science Centre, East Lothian, UK
Physiol Meas 26:R155-99. 2005..In this review, the emerging role of the wavelet transform in the interrogation of the ECG is discussed in detail, where both the continuous and the discrete transform are considered in turn...
- Impact of unrecognized myocardial scar detected by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging on event-free survival in patients presenting with signs or symptoms of coronary artery diseaseRaymond Y Kwong
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, Masssachusetts 02115, USA
Circulation 113:2733-43. 2006..However, the prognostic significance of unrecognized myocardial scar by CMR in patients without a history of MI is unknown...
- Effect on treatment delay of prehospital teletransmission of 12-lead electrocardiogram to a cardiologist for immediate triage and direct referral of patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction to primary percutaneous coronary interventiMaria Sejersten
Department of Cardiology, Copenhagen University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Am J Cardiol 101:941-6. 2008..Ambulance transport seems safe despite longer transport times...
- Predictive value of beat-to-beat QT variability index across the continuum of left ventricular dysfunction: competing risks of noncardiac or cardiovascular death and sudden or nonsudden cardiac deathLarisa G Tereshchenko
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 5:719-27. 2012..The goal of the present study was to determine the predictive value of beat-to-beat QT variability in heart failure patients across the continuum of left ventricular dysfunction...
- Automatic classification of heartbeats using ECG morphology and heartbeat interval featuresPhilip de Chazal
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:1196-206. 2004..For the VEB class, the sensitivity was 77.7%, the positive predictivity was 81.9%, and the false positive rate was 1.2%. These results are an improvement on previously reported results for automated heartbeat classification systems...
- Multistep ion channel remodeling and lethal arrhythmia precede heart failure in a mouse model of inherited dilated cardiomyopathyTakeshi Suzuki
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Juntendo University Graduate School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e35353. 2012..In order to address this issue, properties of the myocardium and underlying gene expressions were studied using a knock-in mouse model of human inherited DCM caused by a deletion mutation ΔK210 in cardiac troponinT...
- A genome-wide association scan of RR and QT interval duration in 3 European genetically isolated populations: the EUROSPAN projectFabio Marroni
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Munich, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:322-8. 2009..We set out to identify common genetic determinants of the length of the RR and QT intervals in 2325 individuals from isolated European populations...
- Long-term outcome associated with early repolarization on electrocardiographyJani T Tikkanen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
N Engl J Med 361:2529-37. 2009..by an elevation of the QRS-ST junction (J point) in leads other than V(1) through V(3) on 12-lead electrocardiography, has been associated with vulnerability to ventricular fibrillation, but little is known about the ..
- Radiation dose reduction and coronary assessability of prospective electrocardiogram-gated computed tomography coronary angiography: comparison with retrospective electrocardiogram-gated helical scanTakao Maruyama
Department of Cardiology, Kawasaki Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1450-5. 2008....
- Prolonged QTc interval predicts mortality in patients with Type 1 diabetes mellitusP Rossing
Steno Diabetes Center, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabet Med 18:199-205. 2001..To evaluate prolonged QTc interval and QT dispersion as predictors of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality after adjustment for well-established risk factors in Type 1 diabetic patients...
- Prosthetic heart valve assessment with multidetector-row CT: imaging characteristics of 91 valves in 83 patientsJesse Habets
Department of Radiology, UMC Utrecht, P O Box 85500, E01 132, 3508, GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 21:1390-6. 2011..Multidetector CT (MDCT) has shown potential for prosthetic heart valve (PHV) assessment. We assessed the image quality of different PHV types to determine which valves are suitable for MDCT evaluation...
- Diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: proposed modification of the Task Force CriteriaFrank I Marcus
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Eur Heart J 31:806-14. 2010..Consequently, the 1994 criteria were highly specific but lacked sensitivity for early and familial disease...
- Assessment of clinical features in transient left ventricular apical ballooningYoshiteru Abe
Division of Cardiology, Shimada Municipal Hospital, Shimada, Shizuoka, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:737-42. 2003..We sought to assess the clinical features of transient left ventricular (LV) apical ballooning...
- Mechanisms for discordant alternansM A Watanabe
Physics Department, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:196-206. 2001..CONCLUSION: Spatial inhomogeneities of electrical restitution properties are not required to produce discordant alternans...
- Myocyte necrosis underlies progressive myocardial dystrophy in mouse dsg2-related arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyKalliopi Pilichou
Department of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padua, 35121 Padua, Italy
J Exp Med 206:1787-802. 2009..Insight into mechanisms initiating myocardial damage in ARVC is a prerequisite to the future development of new therapies aimed at delaying onset or progression of the disease...
- Mutational spectrum in the Ca(2+)--activated cation channel gene TRPM4 in patients with cardiac conductance disturbancesBirgit Stallmeyer
Institut für Genetik von Herzerkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Hum Mutat 33:109-17. 2012..The phenotypes are variable and clearly suggestive of additional factors modulating the disease phenotype in some patients...
- Prospectively ECG-triggered high-pitch spiral acquisition for coronary CT angiography using dual source CT: technique and initial experienceMichael Lell
Diagnostic Radiology, University of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Eur Radiol 19:2576-83. 2009..We evaluated radiation exposure and image quality of a new coronary CT angiography protocol, high-pitch spiral acquisition, using dual source CT (DSCT)...
- Dry and noncontact EEG sensors for mobile brain-computer interfacesYu Mike Chi
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Jacobs School of Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 20:228-35. 2012..The results of these experiments show that both dry and noncontact electrodes, with further development, may become a viable tool for both future mobile BCI and general EEG applications...
- Recommendations for interpretation of 12-lead electrocardiogram in the athleteDomenico Corrado
Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Sciences, University of Padua Medical School, Via Giustiniani 2, Padova, Italy
Eur Heart J 31:243-59. 2010..of an international panel of cardiologists and sports medical physicians with expertise in the fields of electrocardiography, imaging, inherited cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular pathology, and management of young competitive ..
- Isolated perfused and paced guinea pig heart to test for drug-induced changes of the QT intervalHsien C Cheng
Safety Pharmacology, Drug Safety Evaluation, Sanofi Aventis, Bridgewater, NJ 08807, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 54:278-87. 2006..Since QT intervals can be generated from paced or spontaneously beating hearts, data so generated can also be used for validating QT(c) correction equations...
- Transient outward current (I(to)) gain-of-function mutations in the KCND3-encoded Kv4.3 potassium channel and Brugada syndromeJohn R Giudicessi
Department of Medicine Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Pediatrics Division of Pediatric Cardiology, and Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Windland Smith Rice Sudden Death Genomics Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Heart Rhythm 8:1024-32. 2011..Given the prominent role of the transient outward current (I(to)) in BrS pathogenesis, we hypothesized that rare gain-of-function mutations in KCND3 may serve as a pathogenic substrate for BrS...
- Update and modification of Task Force Criteria for ARVD/CFrank Marcus; Fiscal Year: 2007..several members from the original Task Force on ARVD/C, and current experts in the imaging modalities, electrocardiography and pathology who have a major interest in ARVD/C...
- Autonomic consequences of brief seizuresMark Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Also, there will be a measurement of pressure in the eye and thickness of the cornea. To study patients'DNA, the researchers will obtain a bloo..
- ECG-derived cardiopulmonary coupling biomarkers of sleep, sleep-breathing, and caRobert J Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to show its usefulness as a monitor of sleep in health, in those with simple and complicated forms of sleep apnea, and in patients with heart failure. ..
- Mouse Models of Non-Syndromic Cardiac ProgeriaAli J Marian; Fiscal Year: 2012..analysis;cardiac structure and function by echocardiography;and conduction defects and arrhythmias by electrocardiography. Likewise, we will analyze trophic (myocyte), proliferative and reparative (fibroblasts) responses of cells ..
- Epidemiology of Retinopathy and other Complications in Long Term Type 1 DiabetesMichael Y Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..These data will be important to patients and their physicians in developing new interventions for managing type 1 diabetes and to public health practitioners charged with delivering preventive care. ..
- IGF::OT::IGFVivian Leung; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, NINDS support is for the expansion of the case ascertainment to include cases of SUDEP in individuals under the age of 24 in up to 15 states. ..
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, vagotomy is used in conjunction with simultaneous video electroencephalography- electrocardiography (EEG-ECG) to assess the effect of parasympathetic neurotransmission on cardiac dysfunction and premature ..
- The Race-Specific Prevalence of Atrial Fibrillation Measured by 48-Hour HolterLAURA L LOEHR; Fiscal Year: 2013..Most prior studies have defined AF by self-report, hospitalizations, claims data, and/or 12-lead electrocardiography, all of which may miss subclinical and intermittent AF...
- Three-dimensional cardiac accelerometry for cardiac monitoringMichael J Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..The cardiac stress test is the standard screening tool for assessing cardiac function, and electrocardiography (ECG), ultrasound (echocardiography, ECHO) and nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) are the ..
- Home ECG Monitoring to Detect Allograft Rejection Following Heart TransplantationBarbara J Drew; Fiscal Year: 2013..The public health benefit of detecting a simple ECG marker of heart transplant rejection is that it might yield earlier detection, allow more timely initiation of medical therapy and reduce mortality from acute rejection. ..
- Screening for Jervell and Lange-Nielsen SyndromeRuey Kang R Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose an innovative approach to early diagnosis of JLNS by cardiac screening of all infants who are identified with sensorineural hearing loss by the California Newborn Hearing Screening Program. ..
- Excitability mechanisms of neurocardiac regulationALBERT E GLASSCOCK; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, vagotomy is used in conjunction with simultaneous video electroencephalography- electrocardiography (EEG-ECG) to assess the effect of parasympathetic neurotransmission on cardiac dysfunction and premature ..
- PROMISE Trial: SDCCKerry L Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: EQOL Coordinating CenterDaniel B Mark; Fiscal Year: 2013..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- PROMISE Trial: Clinical Coordinating CenterPamela Susan Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2013..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest pain, and will reduce the composite primary ..
- Genomics of Cardiac Electrical Activity and ArrhythmiaNona Sotoodehnia; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, we then translae these genetic associations into functional studies, to understand the role in cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmias played by the genes and variants identified. ..
- Medical Consequences of Long-Term Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid AbuseHarrison G Pope; Fiscal Year: 2013..In a pilot study, now in press, our group used electrocardiography and echocardiography to compare 12 long- term AAS users, aged 32-46 years, and 7 age-matched weightlifters ..
- Detection and Alerting System for Seizure Onset (DASSO)Todd A Summers; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- MOLECULAR BASIS FOR DRUG INDUCED CARDIOTOXICITY IN AIDSCRAIG CLARKSON; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Molecular Determinants of K+ Channel Regulation in HeartRobert S Kass; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- PROMISE Trial: Dx CoreUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2013
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Rituximab Therapy in Refractory Adult and Juvenile IIMCHARLES ODDIS; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention and Risk Identification of SUDEP Mortality - the PRISM ProjectSamden Lhatoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..and analysis of very large datasets of multi-modal seizure data (video, electroencephalography (EEG), electrocardiography (EKG), blood pressure, O2 &CO2 measurements, sleep data);traditional visual and statistical analyses of ..
- Connexin 43 gap junction dynamics in the diabetic heartJoseph A Palatinus; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition cardiac function will be assessed using electrocardiography, echocardiography and optical mapping of fluorescent voltage sensitive dyes...
- RODENT PHENOTYPING CORE &OTHER TECHNICAL CORESRALPH VICTOR SHOHET; Fiscal Year: 2011..methods now include blood pressure measurements, (invasive, implanted and non-invasive), echocardiography, electrocardiography, and invasive hemodynamics...
- AN INNOVATIVE ULTRASOUND-BASED PROSPECTIVE-GATING TECHNIQUE FOR CARDIAC COMPUTEDSrini Tridandapani; Fiscal Year: 2013..The PI hypothesizes that US, which provides real-time data similar to electrocardiography (ECG), can directly evaluate cardiac mechanical motion and would be more reliable than ECG at determining ..
- Reversing the Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance in Overweight IndividualsGENEVIEVE ANNA WOODARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..At 6 months, those with the largest restoration in autonomic balance will have lower PWV, thinner IMT and smaller AD. ..
- Early Phase Pre-Clinical and Initial Clinical Research on EpicatechinFrancisco J Villarreal; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms linking hot flashes to cardiovascular riskRebecca C Thurston; Fiscal Year: 2013..women will undergo 3 days of physiologic hot flash monitoring, 24 hours of which will include ambulatory electrocardiography for measurement of cardiac vagal control (high frequency heart rate variability), a brachial artery ..
- Investigating Health Effects From Exposure to Organic Carbon and Nickel AerosolRichard E Peltier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Brionchial lavage fluid will be collected and centrifuged and the supernatant will be analyzed for biochemical indicators of lung injury (total protein and LDH) and inflammatory cytokines. ..
- Predicting Adverse Cardiovascular Events in Emergencies Due to Drug OverdoseALEX FRANCIS MANINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..S., and the leading cause of cardiac arrest in victims under 40 years of age. There are 2.4 million reported poison exposures and approximately 1.5 million drug-related emergencies in the U.S. annually. ..
- MODULATION OF CARDIAC REPOLARIZATIONDan M Roden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding mechanisms underlying arrhythmia susceptibility may lead to improved preventive treatments. ..
- Exercise Stress Cardiovascular Magnetic ResonanceORLANDO PAUL SIMONETTI; Fiscal Year: 2013..affords for the first time measurement of myocardial perfusion, diastolic function, systolic function, electrocardiography, myocardial edema and exertional symptoms - the complete ischemic cascade - in one test...
- Melanocortin Ligands in Disease CachexiaKENNETH ALLEN GRUBER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Tensive Controls will complete the work necessary to develop anti-cachexia therapeutic, and move it into formal pre-clinical development. This will produce an anti-cachexia drug that will increase the treatment window for malignancies. ..
- The Genetic Basis of Novel Loci Influencing Myocardial RepolarizationDavid J Milan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Personal, Nonobtrusive System for Tracking Arterial Blood Pressure at HomeVladimir Shusterman; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first application of the system is for nighttime AP tracking at home. ..
- Microfluidic devices for high-throughput anthelmintic screensShawn R Lockery; Fiscal Year: 2010..This goal of project is to reduce the cost of finding new anti- nematode drugs by developing a new screening process that combines microtechnology and electrophysiology for the first time. ..
- Cardioscopy New Platform for Less Invasive Surgery on the Beating HeartTomislav Mihaljevic; Fiscal Year: 2013..This technique could replace many invasive surgical procedures that require a sternotomy, eliminate added risks from re-operations and provide a safer approach for high risk and elderly patients with valve regurgitation. ..
- Therapeutic Microlesioning by Contrast Echocardiography for Myocardial ReductionOliver D Kripfgans; Fiscal Year: 2013..Echocardiography together with electrocardiography is the gold standard for diagnosis and treatment follow-up for HCM...
- A Phase 3, Double-Blind Efficacy, Safety and Dose-Response Study of Lofexidine (SCharles W Gorodetzky; Fiscal Year: 2013..NIDA's support of this development work on lofexidine is necessary to enable FDA approval of the first non-narcotic, non-addictive treatment for opioid withdrawal. ..
- PROMISE Trial: Substudy to Assess for Effective Dose of RadiationANDREW EINSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (MPS or echocardiography) or stress electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate CAD risk patients with chest pain...
- The Safe Fetus ProjectADAM JOHN WOLFBERG; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal is to develop technology that makes pregnancy and labor safer, by identifying changes in the fetal electrocardiogram or heart rate that predict injury to the fetus or newborn. ..
- Exploring the Feasibility of Computational Markers to Predict Atrial FibrillationJAMES MARLOW BLUM; Fiscal Year: 2013..These approaches will be validated on the data collected in Aim 1, and will be used to develop models based on non-parametric machine learning techniques to accurately assess PAF risk. ..
- A Low-Cost Cardiac Annunciator to Reduce Stillbirths and Neonatal DeathsMichael R Neuman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Betahistine: Novel Therapeutic in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity DisorderCHARLES PIERCE; Fiscal Year: 2009..This Phase 1 SBIR proposal will determine the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of higher doses of betahistine and characterize dose-response for improving attention and impulsivity in young adults with ADHD. ..
- Vanderbilt Genome-Electronic Records ProjectDan M Roden; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- PLASTICITY OF THE SYSTEMIC INFLAMMATORY RESPONSEJ Perren Cobb; Fiscal Year: 2011..In addition, we seek to better understand the response of white blood cells to infection and to identify new therapeutic targets. ..
- Noninvasive arrhythmia mapping using Electromechanical Wave ImagingElisa E Konofagou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, it can also be applied safely and noninvasively in conjunction with any diagnostic method, such as electrocardiography and echocardiography or, monitoring of therapeutic techniques.
- Phase 2 Study of Magnesium Supplements in the Treatment of PXEMark Lebwohl; Fiscal Year: 2013..Upon completion of the first year, barring any safety concerns, all subjects will be administered magnesium supplements for up to one additional year. The same evaluations/procedures will be conducted during Part 2. ..
- EARLY DETECTION AND MAPPING OF ISCHEMIA USING MYOCARDIAL ELASTOGRAPHYElisa E Konofagou; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- INVERSE AND FORWARD PROBLEMS IN ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHYYoram Rudy; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) To investigate the coupling between electrical excitation and mechanical contraction in the normal human heart, its alteration in heart failure and modification by cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in the failing heart. ..
- FMRI of Autonomic Regulation with AcupunctureKYUNGMO PARK; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Electrocardiography (ECG) and pupilometry will be recorded simultaneously with fMRI...
- ARRHYTHMOGENIC ACTIONS OF ANTIHISTAMINESRaymond Woosley; Fiscal Year: 1999..This information will enable physicians to identify patients at risk for adverse response to these actions. Also, the appropriate treatment of patients with intentional or accidental overdose of antihistamines can be determined. ..
- QTRR Dynamic Coupling in Patients with the Long QT SyndromeJEAN PHILIPPE Y COUDERC; Fiscal Year: 2013..Ultimately, we aim to improve the prognosis and management of LQTS patients. ..
- Noninvasive conduction mapping using Electromechanical Wave ImagingElisa E Konofagou; Fiscal Year: 2010..it can also be applied safely and noninvasively in conjunction with any diagnostic method, such as electrocardiography and echocardiography or, monitoring of therapeutic techniques, such as Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (..
- Improving Rural Healthcare Transitions Through Health Information ExchangeKenneth E Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Fetal Magnetocardiography Using Non-cryogenic Magnetic Field SensorsVISHAL K SHAH; Fiscal Year: 2012..Postnatally, electrocardiography (ECG) is the gold standard for rhythm assessment...
- IDENTIFYING HIGH RISK PATIENTS WITH SYNCOPEWishwa Kapoor; Fiscal Year: 1991..Furthermore, these models will lead to future studies investigating the impact of various treatment interventions in these high risk groups...
- Multisite Spatiotemporal Control of Cardiac AlternansUCHE KANU; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research will help investigators better understand this cardiac disturbance as well as provide clinically viable techniques capable of preventing/terminating this potentially dangerous occurrence. ..
- Robust Cardiac Self-Gating For Fetal Cardiac MRIPeng Hu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The developed strategies will then be evaluated on a cohort of pregnant women who are referred to fetal ultrasound for suspected congenital heart disease. ..
- IDIOPATHIC DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHYVirginia Michels; Fiscal Year: 1991..Medical histories of 1st degree relatives will be obtained; these relatives will be studied by electrocardiography and M-mode, 2-dimensional, and Doppler echocardiography and will have levels of ANP determined...
- FUNCTIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE LEFT HEARTHAROLD DODGE; Fiscal Year: 1990..Factors influencing the rate of lysis and rethrombosis following thrombolytic therapy are being identified...
- Bupropion VS Placebo to Treat Pathological GamblingDonald Black; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- DYNAMICS OF RETINOPATHY AMONG MEXICAN AMERICAN DIABETICSCraig Hanis; Fiscal Year: 1990..Such results will suggest intermediate points at which intervention could be aimed to alter the progression and lessen the impact of retinopathy...
- DIAGNOSIS OF CHEST PAIN AND CARE IN RURAL HOSPITALSJohn Westfall; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM FUNCTIONING IN THE HUMAN FETUSLynn Groome; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MASSAGE THERAPY FOR PATIENTS WITH HIV-1Thomas Birk; Fiscal Year: 1993..A four by two design utilizing analysis of variance (ANOVA) with repeated measures will be used for statistical treatment of the data. The 0.05 level of significance will be used to reject the null hypothesis. ..
- EMS Based TIPI-IS Cardiac Care QI/Error Reduction SystemHARRY SELKER; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CARDIAC AUTONOMIC CONTROL IN CHILDREN OF HIV+ MOTHERSSteven Lipshultz; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Dynamic ECG Predictors of Sudden Cardiac Death in Ischemia CardiomyopathyMary Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the candidates' strengths in electrocardiography prepare her well for the proposal while expanding her expertise to analyze repolarization abnormalities in ..
- Novel Pharmacological Strategies in AutismChristopher McDougle; Fiscal Year: 2009..Phase II (following 6 months of aripiprazole monotherapy). ..
- MODEL BASED INTERPRETATION OF INTRACARDIAC ELECTROGRAMSDavid Tong; Fiscal Year: 2000....