Genomes and Genes
Summary: The visualization of tissues during pregnancy through recording of the echoes of ultrasonic waves directed into the body. The procedure may be applied with reference to the mother or the fetus and with reference to organs or the detection of maternal or fetal disease.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- The impact of two-dimensional versus three-dimensional ultrasound exposure on maternal-fetal attachment and maternal health behavior in pregnancyB Sedgmen
Psychology Department, Macquarie University, North Ryde, NSW, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:245-51. 2006..To explore the impact of timing and type of ultrasound, particularly three-dimensional (3D), exposure on maternal-fetal attachment and maternal health behavior during pregnancy...
- A new ultrasound instrument for in vivo microimaging of miceF S Foster
Dept of Medical Biophysics, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ultrasound Med Biol 28:1165-72. 2002..Noninvasive UBM assessment of development shows striking similarity to invasive atlases of mouse anatomy. The most detailed noninvasive in vivo images of mouse embryonic development achieved using any imaging method are presented...
- Cardiovascular assessment of fetal mice by in utero echocardiographyQing Yu
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:741-52. 2008..5 to term. This database can serve as a standard for evaluating cardiovascular pathophysiology in genetically altered and mutant mouse models...
- Middle cerebral artery blood flow velocities and pulsatility index and the cerebroplacental pulsatility ratio: longitudinal reference ranges and terms for serial measurementsC Ebbing
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Norway
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30:287-96. 2007....
- Prenatal diagnosis and management of hydronephrosisJason A Pates
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Early Hum Dev 82:3-8. 2006..The newborn evaluation for hydronephrosis may be time consuming, invasive, and costly; however, it can often prevent sequelae from congenital uropathy...
- The discrepancy between maturation of visual-evoked potentials and cognitive outcome at five years in very preterm infants with and without hemodynamic signs of fetal brain-sparingS Scherjon
Graduate School Neurosciences Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 105:385-91. 2000....
- The cerebroplacental Doppler ratio revisitedA A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:124-7. 2003....
- Applications for multifrequency ultrasound biomicroscopy in mice from implantation to adulthoodY Q Zhou
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X5
Physiol Genomics 10:113-26. 2002....
- High-frequency ultrasound database profiling growth, development, and cardiovascular function in C57BL/6J mouse fetusesChristopher F Spurney
Department of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:893-900. 2004..However, lacking is a normative database of echocardiographic variables for monitoring growth and cardiovascular function...
- Fetal thoracic abnormalities: MR imagingDeborah Levine
Departments of Radiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Radiology 228:379-88. 2003..To elucidate the appearance of fetal thoracic abnormalities at prenatal magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and determine whether MR imaging yields information additional to that obtained with ultrasonography (US)...
- Longitudinal reference charts for growth of the fetal head, abdomen and femurSynnøve Lian Johnsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen N 5021, Norway
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 127:172-85. 2006..The aims of the present study were to establish improved reference charts for growth of the fetal head, abdomen and femur, and to determine the effect of fetal and maternal factors...
- Ultrasound diagnosis of mouse pregnancy and gestational stagingStephen D Brown
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Comp Med 56:262-71. 2006..5 DPC. We found that US provides accurate, simple staging criteria for fetal mouse gestational development after 9.5 DPC and may be a nondestructive means of documenting phenotypic alterations in mutant mice in utero...
- Non-invasive ultrasonographic characterization of phenotypic changes during embryo development in non-anesthetized mice of different genotypesP Pallares
Unidad de Animalario, Fundacion Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares Carlos III CNIC, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Theriogenology 70:44-52. 2008..5+/-2.8 and 147.8+/-4.5 beats/min, respectively), it was significantly lower in BALB/c mice (127.0+/-2.1; P<0.005 vs. CD1 and C57BL/6)...
- Decreased fetal movements: background, assessment, and clinical managementAnette G Olesen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Glostrup University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:818-26. 2004..There is a need for further well-designed studies in order to provide evidence-based guidelines in the future...
- Multimodal imaging of mouse development: tools for the postgenomic eraMary E Dickinson
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2386-400. 2006..Here, I will review some of the imaging methods being used to study mouse development, highlighting the results obtained from imaging...
- The prediction of parturition date in canine pregnancyG C Luvoni
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Reprod Domest Anim 41:27-32. 2006..In fact, by ultrasonographic measurements of the extra-foetal and foetal structures an accurate prediction can be made both in early and late pregnancy...
- Predicting delivery date by ultrasound and last menstrual period in early gestationP Taipale
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jorvi Hospital, Espoo, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 97:189-94. 2001..Crown-rump length of 15-60 mm was superior to BPD, but then BPD (at least 21 mm) was more precise. Combining more than one ultrasonic measurements did not improve dating accuracy...
- Adverse obstetric outcome in fetuses that are smaller than expected at second trimester routine ultrasound examinationJakob Nakling
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oppland Central Hospital, N 2629 Lillehammer, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:846-51. 2002..Adverse obstetric outcome in fetuses that are smaller than expected at second trimester routine ultrasound examination...
- Fetal age assessment based on ultrasound head biometry and the effect of maternal and fetal factorsSynnøve Lian Johnsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Haukeland University Hospital and University of Bergen, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:716-23. 2004....
- Maternal ethnicity and variation of fetal femur length calculations when screening for Down syndromeChristine M Kovac
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Ultrasound Med 21:719-22; quiz 724-5. 2002..To determine whether current methods for detecting Down syndrome based on fetal femur length calculations are influenced by ethnicity...
- Blood flow velocity waveforms of the fetal middle cerebral artery in a normal population: reference values from 18 weeks to 42 weeks of gestationFranz Bahlmann
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Mainz, Germany
J Perinat Med 30:490-501. 2002....
- Variation in fetal femur length with respect to maternal raceT D Shipp
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:141-4. 2001..The implications for the use of fetal femur length as a component of the genetic sonogram in patients of various races require further study...
- Fetal age assessment based on femur length at 10-25 weeks of gestation, and reference ranges for femur length to head circumference ratiosSynnøve Lian Johnsen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:725-33. 2005....
- Fetal ovarian cysts: prenatal diagnosis, management and postnatal outcomeK S Heling
Fetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Berlin, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:47-50. 2002..Analyzing our own patient population we investigated whether there was a connection between sonographic parameters and postnatal course, especially with regard to the need for surgical intervention...
- In utero ultrasound backscatter microscopy of early stage mouse embryosD H Turnbull
Department of Radiology, New York University School of Medicine, NY 10016, USA
Comput Med Imaging Graph 23:25-31. 1999..These studies provide important background data relevant to future use of this technique for in utero analysis of early brain and heart development, and for in utero manipulation of mouse embryos through UBM-guided injections...
- Small-for-gestational-age fetuses with normal umbilical artery Doppler have suboptimal perinatal and neurodevelopmental outcomeFrancesc Figueras
Obstetrics and Neonatal Department, IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 136:34-8. 2008..To evaluate the perinatal and neurodevelopmental outcome of small-for-gestational-age fetuses with normal umbilical artery Doppler managed expectantly during pregnancy and delivery...
- Women's responses to ultrasound examinations during routine screens in an obstetric clinicC F Zachariah Boukydis
Erikson Institute 420 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 5627, USA
J Ultrasound Med 25:721-8. 2006..A standard depression screen was also used to evaluate depression levels of women undergoing these screens in the sonography clinic...
- Predictors of request for antenatal sex determination among pregnant women in Osogbo, NigeriaD A Adekanle
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University, Osun State, Nigeria
Niger J Med 16:322-5. 2007..However, its application in prenatal sex determination would continue to attract reactions and comments. The objective of the study was to identify factors associated with fetal sex determination during ultrasonography,..
- Analysis of Z-score distribution for the quality control of fetal ultrasound measurements at 20-24 weeksL J Salomon
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Poissy St Germain, Poissy, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 26:750-4. 2005..To develop and evaluate the feasibility of Z-score distribution-based quality assessment for fetal biometry at 20-24 gestational weeks...
- What investigation is appropriate following maternal perception of reduced fetal movements?A E P Heazell
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:648-50. 2005..To reduce unnecessary intervention, SFH measurement may be used as a screening tool for those who merit ultrasound assessment of growth and umbilical artery Doppler...
- [Clinical practice variation in reduced fetal movements]J Frederik Frøen
Nasjonalt folkehelseinstitutt, Divisjon for epidemiologi, Postboks 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:2631-4. 2005..Reduced fetal movements imply a risk pregnancy. This condition is present in a significant proportion of pregnancies, but both the quality of information and that of clinical care is variable...
- Cervical length, multifetal pregnancy reduction, and prediction of preterm birthGideon Fait
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, U S Unit in Ob and Gyn, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 33:329-32. 2005..To evaluate the application of transvaginal sonography assessment of cervical length before fetal reduction for predicting spontaneous preterm birth in triplet gestations reduced to twins...
- Automated sonography: defining the spatial relationship of standard diagnostic fetal cardiac planes in the second trimester of pregnancyAlfred Abuhamad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Hofheimer Hall, Suite 310, 825 Fairfax Ave, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:501-7. 2007..This study defines the spatial relationship of the diagnostic planes of the fetal heart to the 4-chamber view plane in the second trimester of pregnancy as a first step in the automation process...
- Comparison of perinatal outcome of growth-restricted fetuses with normal and abnormal umbilical artery Doppler waveformsNeena Malhotra
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Sci 60:311-7. 2006..To evaluate the role of umbilical artery Doppler in growth- restricted fetuses...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of fetal seizures: a case report and review of the literatureI M Usta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
BJOG 114:1031-3. 2007
- Fetal mouse imaging using echocardiography: a review of current technologyChristopher F Spurney
Division of Cardiology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Echocardiography 23:891-9. 2006....
- Proliferation of prenatal ultrasonographyJohn J You
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
CMAJ 182:143-51. 2010The extent to which temporal increases in the use of prenatal ultrasonography reflect changes in maternal risk is unknown. In this population-based study, we examined the use of prenatal ultrasonography from 1996 to 2006 in Ontario.
- Amniotic fluid abnormalitiesChristopher R Harman
Division of Maternal and Fetal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland Baltimore, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Semin Perinatol 32:288-94. 2008..A wealth of research opportunities exists into regulation of amniotic fluid constituents and their relation to preterm delivery...
- Clinical characteristics and outcome of hydronephrosis detected by prenatal ultrasonographyDae Jung Lim
Department of Urology, Seoul National University, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:859-62. 2003..On the other hand, moderate or severe hydronephrosis often results in a significantly poor outcome and requires surgical intervention, and therefore, requires closer follow-up both antenatally and postnatally...
- The rapid biophysical profile for early intrapartum fetal well-being assessmentF Tongprasert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:14-7. 2006....
- High perinatal survival in monoamniotic twins managed by prophylactic sulindac, intensive ultrasound surveillance, and Cesarean delivery at 32 weeks' gestationL Pasquini
Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:681-7. 2006....
- Prenatal diagnosis of septal agenesis with normal pituitary functionClaudio Celentano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, San Massimo Hospital, Penne, Italy
Prenat Diagn 26:1075-7. 2006..We report a case presenting with septal agenesis and normal optic chiasm and pituitary function in a fetus at 19 weeks of gestation...
- Doppler and biophysical assessment in growth restricted fetuses: distribution of test resultsA A Baschat
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore 21201 1703, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:41-7. 2006..The interpretation of both tests performed concurrently may be complex. This study examines the relationship between Doppler ultrasonography and biophysical test results in IUGR fetuses...
- Quantification of risk from fetal exposure to diagnostic ultrasoundCharles C Church
The University of Mississippi, National Center for Physical Acoustics, 1 Coliseum Drive, University, MS 38677 1848, USA
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 93:331-53. 2007....
- Lung and heart volumes by three-dimensional ultrasound in normal fetuses at 12-32 weeks' gestationC F A Peralta
Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine, King s College Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:128-33. 2006..To establish reference intervals for the fetal right, left and total lung volumes and heart volume between 12 and 32 weeks of gestation...
- Routine ultrasound screening in the third trimester: a population-based studyKerstin Sylvan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital of Helsingborg, SE 251 87 Helsingborg, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:1154-8. 2005..No population-based study has evaluated the effects of third trimester ultrasound screening on prognosis...
- Last menstrual period provides the best estimate of gestation length for women in rural GuatemalaLynnette M Neufeld
Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:290-8. 2006..SFH measured during the second trimester may provide a reasonable alternative when LMP is unavailable...
- Feeding growth restricted preterm infants with abnormal antenatal Doppler resultsJ Dorling
Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, PO Box 65, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 90:F359-63. 2005..Trials are required to determine the optimum timing for introduction of enteral feeds in growth restricted infants with fetal AREDF...
- Perinatal results following the prenatal ultrasound diagnosis of single umbilical arteryCristina Martínez-Payo
Gynecologic Department, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, Madrid, Spain
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:1068-74. 2005....
- A novel algorithm for comprehensive fetal echocardiography using 4-dimensional ultrasonography and tomographic imagingJimmy Espinoza
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Ultrasound Med 25:947-56. 2006..This study was designed to determine the role of a novel algorithm combining spatiotemporal image correlation and TUI to visualize standard fetal echocardiographic planes...
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital epulis by three-dimensional ultrasound and magnetic resonance imagingSun Kwon Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Prenat Diagn 26:171-4. 2006..This is a short case report of congenital epulis diagnosed prenatally by 3-D ultrasound using multislice view and MRI...
- Four-dimensional ultrasonography of the fetal heart using a novel Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging displayLuis F Goncalves
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Perinat Med 34:39-55. 2006..The objective of this study was to investigate the feasibility of examining the fetal heart with Tomographic Ultrasound Imaging (TUI) using four-dimensional (4D) volume datasets acquired with spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC)...
- Why women want prenatal ultrasound in normal pregnancyC Gudex
Centre for Applied Health Services Research and Technology Assessment, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:145-50. 2006..To investigate women's reasons for requesting prenatal ultrasound in the absence of clinical indications...
- Fetal anomaly screening: what do women want to know?Joan Lalor
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
J Adv Nurs 55:11-9. 2006..This paper reports a study exploring women's experiences of receiving an adverse diagnosis at a routine second trimester ultrasound examination, and the factors that influenced their preparedness for an adverse finding...
- Simplified ultrasound screening for fetal brain function based on behavioral patternSeiichi Morokuma
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Early Hum Dev 83:177-81. 2007..Using this method as a screening test may make it possible to include assessment of fetal brain function as part of routine antenatal care...
- [Reduced fetal movements--clinical management, recommendations and information]Eli Saastad
Nasjonalt folkehelseinstitutt, Divisjon for epidemiologi, Postboks 4404 Nydalen, 0403 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:2627-30. 2005..We reviewed the Norwegian guidelines and clinical routines in delivery units and investigated whether guidelines for management of reduced fetal movements and information given to pregnant women were based upon evidence-based knowledge...
- Coronal measurement of the fetal lateral ventricles: comparison between ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imagingC Garel
Department of Paediatric Imaging, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:23-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the agreement between fetal ultrasonography and MRI in the measurement of atrial diameter on a coronal slice...
- Prenatal sonographic diagnosis of congenital perineal skin tag: case report and review of the literatureAngelika Bord
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Prenat Diagn 26:1065-7. 2006..Skin tags, or acrochordons, are benign, soft, fleshy tumors that are composed of hyperplastic epidermis covering a dermal connective tissue stalk...
- Information, knowledge and expectations of the routine ultrasound scanJoan G Lalor
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin, 24 D Olier Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Midwifery 23:13-22. 2007..To examine the current provision of pre-ultrasound information to women; to determine if the information provided was related to women's knowledge of the routine second trimester ultrasound; and to describe women's expectations of the scan...
- Nasal bone length at 11-14 weeks of pregnancy in the Korean populationMin Hoan Moon
Samsung Cheil Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Prenat Diagn 26:524-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to provide reference values for nasal bone length (NBL) scanned at 11-14 weeks' gestation in the Korean population and compare these values with those of the Caucasian and African-American populations...
- Intrauterine growth and its relationship to size and shape at birthPeter C Hindmarsh
London Centre for Paediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, Institute of Child Health, University College, UK
Pediatr Res 52:263-8. 2002..The weak relationship also suggests that routine antenatal scans around 30 wk of gestation to predict growth problems are unlikely to be of benefit in the majority of cases...
- Fetal axillary cystic hygroma detected by prenatal ultrasonography: a case reportTae Bok Song
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chonnam National University Medical School and Research Institute of Medical Sciences, Chonnam National University, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 17:400-2. 2002..We present a case of fetal axillary cystic hygroma diagnosed antenatally followed by full-term delivery in a 30-yr-old woman. Operation was performed on the 8th day after birth and the mass was excised and confirmed as cystic hygroma...
- Columns of the fornix, not to be mistaken for the cavum septi pellucidi on prenatal sonographyPeter W Callen
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Ultrasound Med 27:25-31. 2008..We have noted that another anatomic structure, the columns of the fornix, can be mistaken for the CSP and result in the missed diagnosis of agenesis of the corpus callosum...
- Automated retrieval of standard diagnostic fetal cardiac ultrasound planes in the second trimester of pregnancy: a prospective evaluation of softwareA Abuhamad
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:30-6. 2008..To evaluate prospectively the performance of software that automatically retrieves, from a three-dimensional (3D) volume of the fetal chest, three diagnostic cardiac planes in the second trimester of pregnancy...
- Association between intrapulmonary arterial Doppler parameters and degree of lung growth as measured by lung-to-head ratio in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic herniaO Moreno-Alvarez
Fetal and Perinatal Medicine Research Group, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Institut Clinic de Ginecologia, Obstetricia i Neonatologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:164-70. 2008..To describe the association between the intrapulmonary circulation and the degree of lung growth in fetuses with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH)...
- Routine third trimester ultrasound: what is the evidence?Camille Le Ray
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CHU Sainte Justine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 30:118-22. 2008..In fact, the 2001 meta-analysis has recently been withdrawn by the authors...
- The effect of ambient air pollution during early pregnancy on fetal ultrasonic measurements during mid-pregnancyCraig A Hansen
School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Environ Health Perspect 116:362-9. 2008..Over the past decade there has been mounting evidence that ambient air pollution during pregnancy influences fetal growth...
- A systematic analysis of the feasibility of four-dimensional ultrasound imaging using spatiotemporal image correlation in routine fetal echocardiographyL B Uittenbogaard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:625-32. 2008..To investigate the feasibility of incorporating spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC) into a tertiary fetal echocardiography program...
- Prenatal imaging: ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imagingUma M Reddy
Pregnancy and Perinatology Branch, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Department of Health and Human Services, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
Obstet Gynecol 112:145-57. 2008..Fewer data exist on the usefulness of fetal MRI for non-central nervous system anomalies...
- Progression of Doppler abnormalities in intrauterine growth restrictionO M Turan
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 32:160-7. 2008..To identify the sequence of progression of arterial and venous Doppler abnormalities from the onset of placental insufficiency in intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)...
- Early fetal size and growth as predictors of adverse outcomeNina Gros Pedersen
Department of Fetal Medicine and Ultrasound, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 112:765-71. 2008..To evaluate the association between fetal size and growth between the first and second trimesters and subsequent adverse pregnancy outcome...
- Cardiac screening by STIC: can sonologists performing the 20-week anomaly scan pick up outflow tract abnormalities by scrolling the A-plane of STIC volumes?D Paladini
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Federico II of Naples, Naples, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 32:865-70. 2008....
- Cerebral biometry in fetal magnetic resonance imaging: new reference dataB Tilea
AP HP, Hopital Robert Debre, Service d imagerie pédiatrique, Paris, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 33:173-81. 2009....
- Comparison of inter- and intraobserver agreement between three types of fetal volume measurement technique (XI VOCAL, VOCAL and multiplanar)K B Cheong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, Hong Kong, SAR China cheong kah
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 33:287-94. 2009..To compare the new XI VOCAL (eXtended Imaging Virtual Organ Computer-aided Analysis) for three-dimensional (3D) ultrasound measurement of fetal volume with the conventional multiplanar technique and a rotational method using VOCAL...
- Fetal cerebellar hemorrhage in parvovirus-associated non-immune hydrops fetalisOrit A Glenn
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:769-72. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first report of fetal cerebellar hemorrhage in the setting of parvovirus-associated hydrops fetalis, and may be the result of cerebrovascular changes both during and after the transfusion...
- The role of the sagittal view of the ductal arch in identification of fetuses with conotruncal anomalies using 4-dimensional ultrasonographyJimmy Espinoza
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Wayne State University Hutzel Women s Hospital, 3990 John R, Box 4, Detroit, MI 48201 USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:1181-8; quiz 1189-90. 2007..This study was designed to determine the role of this ultrasonographic plane for the prenatal diagnosis of conotruncal anomalies...
- How accurately does current fetal imaging identify posterior fossa anomalies?Catherine Limperopoulos
Fetal Neonatal Neurology Research Program, Department of Neurology, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1637-43. 2008..The second objective was to assess the accuracy with which fetal MRI predicts postnatal MRI findings in this population...
- Cervical length assessment in women with idiopathic polyhydramniosR Hershkovitz
Ultrasound Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:775-8. 2006..The aims of the study were to determine cervical length among patients with polyhydramnios and to assess the relationship between the severity of polyhydramnios, cervical length and gestational age at delivery...
- Use of serial ultrasound to identify periods of fetal growth restriction in relation to neonatal anthropometryAnusha H Hemachandra
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Am J Hum Biol 18:791-7. 2006..These results suggest that birth weight is not a valid indicator of FGR occurring before the third trimester. Body composition may be a more sensitive marker of early FGR...
- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome: cerebral ischemia is not the only fetal MR imaging findingBeth M Kline-Fath
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Pediatr Radiol 37:47-56. 2007..Although the sonographic findings of TTTS are well documented, we believe that MR imaging is a valuable adjunct...
- XI VOCAL (eXtended Imaging VOCAL): a new modality for three-dimensional sonographic volume measurementHélio Antonio Guimarães Filho
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:95-7. 2007..Because of the importance of accurate volumetric measurements in obstetric ultrasonography, a new method allowing this measurement should be regarded as of great interest...
- Uterine artery Doppler in the prediction of adverse pregnancy outcomeAris T Papageorghiou
St George s, University of London, London, UK bFetal Medicine Unit, St George s Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:103-9. 2007..To review publications, published during the past year, that have examined uterine artery Doppler findings in women with adverse pregnancy outcome...
- Doppler waveform indices of the Middle Cerebral Artery of normal fetuses in the first half of pregnancy in the Thai populationJittima Rujiwetpongstorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:351-4. 2007..To establish the reference ranges of middle cerebral artery (MCA) Doppler indices including pulsatility index (PI), resistance index (RI) and peak systolic velocity (PSV) of the Thai fetuses at gestational age of 11-20 weeks...
- Pleural and pericardial effusion: a potential ultrasonographic marker for the prenatal differential diagnosis between congenital diaphragmatic eventration and congenital diaphragmatic herniaC Jeanty
Perinatology Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:378-87. 2007..To determine whether or not the presence of pleural and/or pericardial effusion can be used prenatally as an ultrasonographic marker for the differential diagnosis between diaphragmatic eventration and diaphragmatic hernia...
- Evaluation of the use of umbilical artery Doppler flow studies and outcome of pregnancies at a secondary hospitalElizabeth J C Hugo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Stellenbosch and Tygerberg Hospital, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:233-9. 2007..To investigate the use of a personal computer (PC)-based, continuous-wave Doppler machine by a trained midwife at a secondary hospital to assess umbilical artery flow velocity waveforms (FVW) in referred women...
- A comparison of women's, providers' and ultrasound assessments of pregnancy duration among termination of pregnancy clients in South AfricaK Blanchard
Ibis Reproductive Health, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
BJOG 114:569-75. 2007..To compare providers' and women's estimates of duration of pregnancy with ultrasound estimates for determining medical abortion eligibility...
- Routine second-trimester ultrasound for low risk pregnancies in a South African communityB van Dyk
Department of Radiography, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:257-8. 2007
- The commodification of obstetric ultrasound scanning in Hanoi, Viet NamTine Gammeltoft
Institute of Anthropology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reprod Health Matters 15:163-71. 2007..There is an urgent need in Viet Nam for policy and practice guidelines on the appropriate use of ultrasonography in pregnancy and how best to combine it with essential antenatal care, and information dissemination to women...
- Standardization of on-screen fetal heart orientation prior to storage of spatio-temporal image correlation (STIC) volume datasetsD Paladini
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:605-11. 2007
- The use of ultrasonography in obstetrics in developing countriesEugene J Kongnyuy
Child and Reproductive Health Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine Liverpool, UK
Trop Doct 37:70-2. 2007....
- Incidence, mechanisms, and patterns of fetal cerebral lesions in twin-to-twin transfusion syndromeEdwin Quarello
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CHI Poissy St Germain en Laye, Universite Paris Ouest, Poissy, France
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:589-97. 2007..To determine the incidence of fetal cerebral lesions and their characteristics in twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)...
- Clients' reasons for prenatal ultrasonography in Ibadan, South West of NigeriaChristopher A Enakpene
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W, 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
BMC Womens Health 9:12. 2009b>Prenatal ultrasonography has remained a universal tool but little is known especially from developing countries on clients' reasons for desiring it. Then aim was to determine the reasons why pregnant women will desire a prenatal ultrasound...
- First-trimester screening for trisomies 21 and 18Ronald Wapner
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1405-13. 2003..First-trimester markers of aneuploidy have been developed, but their use in combination has not been adequately evaluated in clinical practice...
- The effectiveness and costs of elective cesarean delivery for fetal macrosomia diagnosed by ultrasoundD J Rouse
Center for Obstetric Research, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35233 7333, USA
JAMA 276:1480-6. 1996..To quantitate the potential effectiveness and monetary costs of a policy of elective cesarean delivery for fetal macrosomia diagnosed by ultrasound...
- Doppler for artery-artery anastomosis and stage-independent survival in twin-twin transfusionTony Y T Tan
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
Obstet Gynecol 103:1174-80. 2004..Treatment selection in twin-twin transfusion syndrome is increasingly determined by disease severity. We investigated whether detection of arterio-arterial anastomoses predicts perinatal survival...
- Evaluation and follow-up of fetal hydronephrosisD M Feldman
Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030-2950, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:1065-9. 2001..Of those fetuses with persistent hydronephrosis, only a small number required some surgical intervention after birth. This information is useful in counseling the patient whose fetus is noted to have isolated hydronephrosis...
- Prognostic role of umbilical artery Doppler velocimetry in growth-restricted fetusesM Soregaroli
Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit, University of Brescia, Italy
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 11:199-203. 2002..To correlate umbilical artery Doppler velocimetry with perinatal outcome in a group of growth-restricted fetuses...
- The Doppler assessment in multiple pregnancy randomised controlled trial of ultrasound biometry versus umbilical artery Doppler ultrasound and biometry in twin pregnancyWarwick Giles
Discipline of Reproductive Medicine and Mothers and Babies Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Newcastle, New South Wales 2308, Callaghan, Australia
BJOG 110:593-7. 2003..To assess the addition value of umbilical artery Doppler ultrasound added to standard ultrasound biometry measurements in the management of twin pregnancies...
- Antenatal diagnosis of meconium peritonitis in dichorionic twins: a case reportPil Ryang Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Reprod Med 52:243-6. 2007..Meconium peritonitis (MP) is a chemical peritonitis, and little is known about its natural history. Below we report MP in both fetuses from a twin pregnancy, with identical clinical ultrasonographic findings but a delay in presentation...
- Learning curve in ultrasonographic screening for selected fetal structural anomalies in early pregnancyPekka Taipale
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HUCH, Jorvi Hospital, Espoo, Finland
Obstet Gynecol 101:273-8. 2003..To assess the value of first trimester screening by ultrasonography in detecting structural anomalies of the fetus in a general obstetric population...
- Antenatal detection of a single umbilical artery: does it matter?A S Gornall
Fetomaternal Medicine, Department of Women s and Perinatal Services, University Hospitals of Leicester, Kensington Building, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK
Prenat Diagn 23:117-23. 2003..Unfortunately, the antenatal detection rate is poor. Recognising the importance of this soft marker in counselling and management of pregnancies should provide the stimulus to improve detection rates...
- FETAL NEUROBEHAVIORAL DEVELOPMENT & POSTNATAL CONTINUITYJANET DI PIETRO; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- RISK FACTORS AS PREDICTORS OF ECTOPIC PREGNANCYKurt T Barnhart; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- SACRAL CREST CELLS AND ENTERIC NEURODEVELOPMENTRaj Kapur; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will further our understanding of normal enteric neurodevelopment and congenital disorders of intestinal motility. ..
- Altitude-induced hypoxia,IUGR and placental functionStacy Zamudio; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such work will aid substantially in elucidating the pathologies that involve placenta hypoxia, e.g., preeclampsia, diabetes and IUGR. ..
- Neurohormonal Effects of Massage TherapyTiffany Field; Fiscal Year: 2007..The K05 would allow me to increase my research time including being mentored and mentoring students from 25 to 75% time. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Virtual Patients for Computing Radiation DosesXie Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..These two cores then support four parallel clinical projects. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Imaging fluid forces in mouse cardiovascular developmentMary Dickinson; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have focused on a single mutant strain here, but the quantitative methods employed can be used to study any mutant with impaired vascular development or impaired cardiovascular function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fetal Swallowing: Central Dipsogenic MechanismsMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these studies represent a model to examine the development and function of neuronal pathways and mechanisms regulating fetal physiology. ..
- Outcomes of Perinatal StrokeMeredith Golomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..During the last year of the study, she plans to apply for an R01 grant to set up a pilot clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New Paradigms of Cerebral Palsy Etiology: A Comprehensive Case Control StudyNIGEL SEFTON PANETH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Maternal interviews and birth certificates will inform the above analyses by linking molecular information to self-reported and recorded clinical events and conditions. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- Prenatal Glucocorticoids Influence Brain and BehaviorElysia Poggi Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will provide the first opportunity to examine the independent influence of fetal exposure to GC's in a group of children born at term. ..
- 4D Visible Human Modeling for Radiation DosimetryXie George Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..4).To establish an internet-based information-sharing resource on virtual-human motion simulation and radiation dosimetry. ..
- Prenatal Depression and a Yoga InterventionTiffany M Field; Fiscal Year: 2010..We would expect that yoga would decrease depression, increase vagal activity, decrease cortisol and increase gestational age (decrease prematurity). ..
- FETAL AND NEONATAL MEGRonald Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such a technology would be extremely valuable in the identification of fetuses with brain dysfunction due to chronic intrauterine central nervous system insults, which may result in developmental difficulties, including cerebral palsy. ..
- Fetal Membrane AQP Expression/Amniotic Fluid RegulationMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our objective is to determine the regulatory mechanisms of fetal membrane AQP expression and delineate the role of AQPs in AF homeostasis. ..
- ULTRASOUND TECHNIQUES FOR TUMOR PERFUSION MEASUREMENTSJEFFREY FOWLKES; Fiscal Year: 2003..And 3) Examine whether differentiation of liver lesions can be achieved. These techniques should not only improve diagnosis of liver disease but should be applicable to a wide variety of hemodynamic measures throughout the body. ..
- MATERNAL DEHYDRATION--FETAL/AMNIOTIC FLUID HOMEOSTASISMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2002..The goal of this project is to determine critical efficacy and fetal safety issues central to maternal DDAVP treatment, prior to widespread clinical use in human pregnancies with oligohydramnios. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- LEPTIN & NEUROPEPTIDE-Y ALTERS FETAL SWALLOWING ACTIVITYMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, these studies represent a model to examine the development and function of neuronal pathways and mechanisms which regulate fetal physiology. ..
- ENHANCED EVALUATION OF FETAL CNS WITH ULTRAFAST MRIDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus the results of this study could significantly decrease morbidity of fetuses with ventriculomegaly. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- PREVENTION AND TREATMENT OF HUMAN OLIGOHYDRAMNIOSMichael Ross; Fiscal Year: 2001..e., failure to reset osmolality threshold). This proposal will aid in the development of markers of prediction and therapeutic approaches to the prevention and treatment of human oligohydramnios. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- UTERINE VASCULAR RESPONSE TO STEROID SIGNALINGIra Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Quantification of Blood Volume Flow Using UltrasoundJEFFREY B FOWLKES; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Oxygen and Phototherapy in perinatal period: Risk of Acute Lymphoctyic LeukemiaNigel Paneth; Fiscal Year: 2008..If these treatments increase the risk of leukemia, it should be possible to find alternative ways to manage newborn problems that minimize exposure to these treatments [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOTIVATING PREGNANT PROBLEM DRINKERS TO CHANGENancy Handmaker; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, the larger screened sample of 6,000 pregnancies will provide valuable epidemiological data on alcohol use and its relationship to pregnancy health complications. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Biology in Type 1 DiabetesTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. To determine the mechanisms by which type I diabetes alters EPC gene expression and function. ..
- Endothelial Progenitor Cell Recruitment in Diabetic MiceTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2008..To determine the mechanisms by which EPCs orchestrate the local angiogenic response by interaction with resident cellular milieu. ..
- Doppler characterization of embryonic mouse circulationColin Phoon; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Massaging Preterm Infants Enhances GrowthTiffany Field; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of myometrial healing and regenerationCatalin Buhimschi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to further integration of rhythm and function assessments in the fetus using two different, yet complimentary technologies. ..
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome TrialTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of the study is to improve the outcomes of twins with TTTS by determining which treatment for TTTS has a better survival as well as cardiac, neurologic, and developmental outcome. ..
- DERMAL-EPIDERMAL INTERACTIONS IN DIABETIC WOUND HEALINGTimothy Crombleholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibin/Activin Family in Human Cranifocial DevelopmentGeralyn Messerlian; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- STUDY OF DEXAMETHASONE IN NEONATAL LUPUS CHBJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Safety of Estrogen in Lupus ErythematosusJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Acceptance Therapy During Methadone DetoxificationAngela Stotts; Fiscal Year: 2007..Effective treatment provided in conjunction with detoxification from agonist medication could result in significant decreases in the substantial health and social costs associated with chronic opiate dependence. ..
- Very-High-Frequency Ultrasound Imaging With Coded Signals and Annular ArraysJonathan Mamou; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal Programming of Infant TemperamentElysia Davis; Fiscal Year: 2008..Prospective studies, such as this one, are needed to better understand processes that might underlie this association. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Maternal Autoantibodies: Pathogenesis of Neonatal LupusJill Buyon; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..