Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonography using invasive or surgical procedures. Its widest application is intravascular ultrasound imaging but it is useful also in urology and intra-abdominal conditions.
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Morphologic and angiographic features of coronary plaque rupture detected by intravascular ultrasoundAkiko Maehara
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:904-10. 2002..This study was designed to report the clinical and angiographic correlates of plaque rupture detected by intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)...
- Effects of statin treatments on coronary plaques assessed by volumetric virtual histology intravascular ultrasound analysisMyeong Ki Hong
Division of Cardiology, Yonsei Cardiovascular Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2:679-88. 2009..We evaluated the effects of statin treatments for each component of coronary plaques...
- A randomized comparison of a sirolimus-eluting stent with a standard stent for coronary revascularizationMarie Claude Morice
Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Massy, France
N Engl J Med 346:1773-80. 2002..Because sirolimus (rapamycin) inhibits the proliferation of lymphocytes and smooth-muscle cells, we compared a sirolimus-eluting stent with a standard uncoated stent in patients with angina pectoris...
- Determinants of arterial wall remodeling during lipid-lowering therapy: serial intravascular ultrasound observations from the Reversal of Atherosclerosis with Aggressive Lipid Lowering Therapy (REVERSAL) trialPaul Schoenhagen
FAHA, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cardiovascular Imaging, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, HB 6, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland OH 44195, USA
Circulation 113:2826-34. 2006..However, the remodeling response during plaque-stabilizing therapy and its relationship to markers of lipid metabolism and inflammation are incompletely understood...
- Relationship between cardiovascular risk as predicted by established risk scores versus plaque progression as measured by serial intravascular ultrasound in left main coronary arteriesClemens von Birgelen
Thoraxcentrum Twente, Hospital Enschede, Department of Cardiology, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Haaksbergerstr 55, 7513ER Enschede, The Netherlands
Circulation 110:1579-85. 2004..Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is increasingly used as an end point in studies aimed at reducing progression or inducing regression of coronary artery disease. However, data linking serial changes by IVUS with clinical outcomes are scarce...
- Tissue characterisation using intravascular radiofrequency data analysis: recommendations for acquisition, analysis, interpretation and reportingHector M Garcia-Garcia
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
EuroIntervention 5:177-89. 2009....
- Sonographic detection and sonographically guided biopsy of breast microcalcificationsMary Scott Soo
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging Division, Duke University Medical Center, P O Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:941-8. 2003....
- Effects of reconstituted high-density lipoprotein infusions on coronary atherosclerosis: a randomized controlled trialJean Claude Tardif
Montreal Heart Institute and the Montreal Heart Institute Coordinating Center, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
JAMA 297:1675-82. 2007..High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol is an inverse predictor of coronary atherosclerotic disease. Preliminary data have suggested that HDL infusions can induce atherosclerosis regression...
- Ultrasound for central venous cannulation: economic evaluation of cost-effectivenessN Calvert
School of Health and Related Research, Regent Court, Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
Anaesthesia 59:1116-20. 2004..Ultrasound guidance used in central venous cannulation procedures saves NHS resources even with conservative modelling assumptions...
- Intravascular photoacoustic imaging using an IVUS imaging catheterShriram Sethuraman
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 54:978-86. 2007....
- Hepatocellular carcinoma: radio-frequency ablation of medium and large lesionsT Livraghi
Department of Radiology, Ospedale Civile, Vimercate, Italy
Radiology 214:761-8. 2000..To study local therapeutic efficacy, side effects, and complications of radio-frequency (RF) ablation in the treatment of medium and large hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) lesions in patients with cirrhosis or chronic hepatitis...
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle biopsy of the spleen: high clinical efficacy and low risk in a multicenter Italian studyG Civardi
Divisione di Medicina Interna Ematologia, Ospedale Civile, Piacenza, Italy
Am J Hematol 67:93-9. 2001..Aspiration cytology and core needle biopsy showed similar diagnostic yields, except for the diagnosis of splenic lymphoma, in which core needle biopsy obtained better results...
- Effect of fluvastatin on progression of coronary atherosclerotic plaque evaluated by virtual histology intravascular ultrasoundKenya Nasu
Department of Cardiology, Toyohashi Heart Center, Toyohashi, Japan
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2:689-96. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of treatment with statins on the progression of coronary atherosclerotic plaques of a nonculprit vessel by serial volumetric virtual histology (VH) intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)...
- Role of endothelial shear stress in the natural history of coronary atherosclerosis and vascular remodeling: molecular, cellular, and vascular behaviorYiannis S Chatzizisis
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:2379-93. 2007....
- "Head-to-head comparison between sirolimus-eluting and paclitaxel-eluting stents in patients with complex coronary artery disease: an intravascular ultrasound study"Pavel Cervinka
Division of Cardiology, Masaryk hospital Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 67:846-51. 2006..The aim of this study was to assess neointimal hyperplasia following sirolimus-eluting (SES) and paclitaxel-eluting stents (PES) implantation in a patients with complex coronary disease...
- Comparison of virtual histology to intravascular ultrasound of culprit coronary lesions in acute coronary syndrome and target coronary lesions in stable angina pectorisMyeong Ki Hong
Department of Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Am J Cardiol 100:953-9. 2007..In conclusion, culprit lesions in patients with ACS were more unstable and had greater amounts of necrotic core and smaller amounts of fibrofatty plaque compared with target lesions in patients with SAP...
- Reproducibility of intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency data analysis: implications for the design of longitudinal studiesGaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Department of Interventional Cardiology of the Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:621-31. 2006..The purpose of this study was to assess in vivo the reproducibility of tissue characterization using spectral analysis of intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) radiofrequency data (IVUS-VH)...
- Outcome after acute incomplete sirolimus-eluting stent apposition as assessed by serial intravascular ultrasoundMasashi Kimura
The Columbia University Medical Center and Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:436-42. 2006..Although most ISAs after SES implantation do not resolve completely, the incidence of restenosis or thrombosis is not affected...
- Visualisation of needle position using ultrasonographyG A Chapman
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds, UK
Anaesthesia 61:148-58. 2006..A lack of understanding, with regard to imaging the location of the needle tip remains a major obstacle. Needle visualisation and related topics form the basis for this review...
- Reproducibility of volumetric intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency-based analysis of coronary plaque composition in vivoMarc Hartmann
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcentrum Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Haaksbergerstraat 55, Enschede, 7513ER, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 25:13-23. 2009..Measurements from repeated pullbacks and by different observers show acceptable reproducibilities; the volumetric measurement of the necrotic-core shows on average the highest reproducibility of the compositional RF-IVUS measurements...
- Accuracy of in vivo coronary plaque morphology assessment: a validation study of in vivo virtual histology compared with in vitro histopathologyKenya Nasu
Department of Cardiology, Toyohashi Heart Center, Toyohashi City, Aichi, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:2405-12. 2006....
- Reproducibility of intravascular ultrasound virtual histology analysisAnand Prasad
The University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 9:71-7. 2008..Whether the composition of these plaques can be monitored accurately in a longitudinal fashion remains unclear. We sought to evaluate the reproducibility of plaque composition measurements as determined by IVUS-VH in a clinical setting...
- Effect of very high-intensity statin therapy on regression of coronary atherosclerosis: the ASTEROID trialSteven E Nissen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Lerner School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
JAMA 295:1556-65. 2006....
- Diagnostic accuracy of optical coherence tomography and integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasound images for tissue characterization of human coronary plaquesMasanori Kawasaki
Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:81-8. 2006....
- Accuracy of electrocardiographic-gated versus nongated volumetric intravascular ultrasound measurements of coronary arterial narrowingLisette Okkels Jensen
Department of Cardiology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Am J Cardiol 99:279-83. 2007..18 +/- 3.42 vs -0.74 +/- 3.88 mm(3), p = NS). In conclusion, in moderate atherosclerotic or stented coronary arteries, electrocardiographically gated IVUS acquisition is not superior in accuracy to conventional nongated IVUS acquisition...
- Late incomplete stent apposition after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: a serial intravascular ultrasound analysisJunya Ako
Center for Research in Cardiovascular Interventions, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5637, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1002-5. 2005..We sought to identify the frequency of incomplete stent apposition (ISA) in sirolimus-eluting stents (SES) and clarify its findings and clinical sequelae...
- In vivo plaque characterization using intravascular ultrasound-virtual histology in a porcine model of complex coronary lesionsJuan F Granada
The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, The Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, TX 77584, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:387-93. 2007..To determine the accuracy of detection of different tissue types of intravascular ultrasound-virtual histology (IVUS-VH) in a porcine model of complex coronary lesions...
- First human experience with the 17-beta-estradiol-eluting stent: the Estrogen And Stents To Eliminate Restenosis (EASTER) trialAlexandre Abizaid
Institute Dante Pazzanese of Cardiology, Av Dr Dante Pazzanese 500, Ibirapuera, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1118-21. 2004..The purpose of the study was to examine the safety and efficacy of 17-beta-estradiol-eluting stent implantation on coronary de novo lesions...
- Sirolimus-eluting stents versus standard stents in patients with stenosis in a native coronary arteryJeffrey W Moses
Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute of New York, New York 10021, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1315-23. 2003..Preliminary reports of studies involving simple coronary lesions indicate that a sirolimus-eluting stent significantly reduces the risk of restenosis after percutaneous coronary revascularization...
- Static and serial assessments of coronary arterial remodeling are discordant: an intravascular ultrasound analysis from the Reversal of Atherosclerosis with Aggressive Lipid Lowering (REVERSAL) trialIlke Sipahi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 152:544-50. 2006..Recently, performance of serial IVUS provided the opportunity for direct assessment of remodeling. Our aim was to study the concordance of the static and serial methods...
- Sonographically guided mammotome excision of ducts in the diagnosis and management of single duct nipple dischargeS Govindarajulu
Breast Care Centre, Frenchay Hospital, Frenchay Park Road, Bristol BS16 1LE, United Kingdom
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:725-8. 2006..To describe our experience in the use of ultrasound guided mammotome in the diagnosis and management of single duct nipple discharge...
- Extracorporeal focused ultrasound surgery for treatment of human solid carcinomas: early Chinese clinical experienceFeng Wu
Clinical Center for Tumor Therapy of 2nd Affiliated Hospital and Institute of Ultrasonic Engineering in Medicine, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing, China
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:245-60. 2004..Early clinical results and complications of the technique are also reported...
- Effect of simvastatin on coronary lesion site remodeling: a serial intravascular ultrasound studyLisette Okkels Jensen
Department of Cardiology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Cardiology 106:256-63. 2006..The aim of the study was to assess the effect of simvastatin on coronary remodeling in serial intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) studies...
- Geometrical validation of intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency data analysis (Virtual Histology) acquired with a 30 MHz boston scientific corporation imaging catheterGaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Erasmus Medical Center, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:514-8. 2005..These results suggest that ultrasound radiofrequency data analysis could provide, aside from precise compositional data, an accurate geometrical output...
- Association of plaque characterization by intravascular ultrasound virtual histology and arterial remodelingKenichi Fujii
Columbia University Medical Center and Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1476-83. 2005..26, p=0.02). In conclusion, in vivo IVUS radiofrequency data analysis demonstrates that positive remodeling occurs in lesions with more fibrofatty plaque...
- In vivo variability in quantitative coronary ultrasound and tissue characterization measurements with mechanical and phased-array cathetersGaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Bd406, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:47-53. 2006..Only limited evaluation of the in vivo agreement of volumetrical measurements between such systems has been performed, despite the fact that such information is essential for the conduction of atherosclerosis regression trials...
- Assessment of vulnerable plaques causing acute coronary syndrome using integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasoundKeiji Sano
Division of Regeneration and Advanced Medical Science, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:734-41. 2006..This study aims to define tissue characteristics of vulnerable plaques before acute coronary syndrome (ACS) by use of integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasound (IB-IVUS)...
- Correlation of power Doppler with microvessel density in assessing prostate needle biopsyN M Wilson
Department of Radiology, Ahmed Maher Teaching Hospital, Cairo, Egypt
Clin Radiol 59:946-50. 2004..To correlate hypervascular power Doppler ultrasonography with the histological evaluation of microvasculature in the prostate using trans-rectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided needle biopsy...
- Noninvasive detection of subclinical coronary atherosclerosis coupled with assessment of changes in plaque characteristics using novel invasive imaging modalities: the Integrated Biomarker and Imaging Study (IBIS)Carlos A G van Mieghem
Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1134-42. 2006..Our purpose was to assess noninvasive imaging in detection of subclinical atherosclerosis and to examine novel invasive modalities to describe prevalence and temporal changes in putative characteristics of "high-risk" plaques...
- Imaging vulnerable plaque by ultrasoundAnthony N Demaria
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:C32-9. 2006..These advances pave the way for future clinical trials in assessing the ability of such techniques to diagnose vulnerable plaques and to assess the effects of both pharmacologic and mechanical therapies on plaque characteristics...
- Dedicated calibration formulas permit correction of differences between measurements by different IVUS devices as demonstrated in atherosclerotic human coronary arteries in vitroMarc Hartmann
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcentrum Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Haaksbergerstraat 55, Enschede, 7513, ER, The Netherlands
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:605-13. 2006..The application of dedicated calibration formulas allows for correction for these differences by decreasing such differences to the level of intraobserver variability...
- Ultrasound-guided infraclavicular axillary vein cannulation for central venous accessA Sharma
Department of Anaesthesia, General Infirmary at Leeds, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Great George Street, Leeds LS1 3EX, UK
Br J Anaesth 93:188-92. 2004..Ultrasound guided axillary vein puncture has not been well described. We assessed ultrasound imaging to guide catheterization of the infraclavicular axillary vein...
- Sonographically guided core needle biopsy of soft tissue neoplasmsJuhn Cherng Liu
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No 201, Sec 2, Shih Pai Road, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Clin Ultrasound 32:294-8. 2004..This study was conducted to evaluate the usefulness of sonography (US)-guided needle biopsy in the diagnosis of soft tissue masses...
- How to decrease pain during transrectal ultrasound guided prostate biopsy: a look at the literatureRiccardo Autorino
Urology Clinic, Second University, Department of Oncology, Federico II University, Vico Santo Spirito 54, 80132 Naples, Italy
J Urol 174:2091-7. 2005..There is growing interest among urologists on the need for decreasing pain during transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) guided prostate biopsy...
- Randomized comparison of sirolimus and paclitaxel drug-eluting stents for long lesions in the left anterior descending artery: an intravascular ultrasound studyAnna Sonia Petronio
Cardiology Unit, Cardiothoracic Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:539-46. 2007..The goal of this work was to verify whether the superiority of the sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) in inhibiting neointimal hyperplasia could be demonstrated in complex coronary lesions...
- Intravascular ultrasound: questions and answersOkan Gulel
Department of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 7:169-78. 2007..In this article, we review the technique, measurements and current applications of IVUS imaging of the coronaries in a question-answer format...
- Intravascular ultrasound assessment of remodelling and reference segment plaque burden in type-2 diabetic patientsLisette Okkels Jensen
Catheterization Laboratory, Department of Cardiology, Odense University Hospital, Odense C, Denmark
Eur Heart J 28:1759-64. 2007..The aim was to assess lesion and reference segment remodelling and plaque burden in patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus...
- [Role of intra-operative echography and computed tomography with multiple detectors in the surgery of hepatic metastases: a prospective study]Joan Figueras
Servicio de Cirugía General y Digestiva, Hospital Universitario de Girona Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Espana
Cir Esp 83:134-8. 2008..To study the performance of the intraoperative ecography in the diagnosis of new liver metastases in the era of computerized tomography (CT) with multidetectors and its impact on the surgical operation...
- Pulmonary vein isolation by high-intensity focused ultrasound: first-in-man study with a steerable balloon catheterBoris Schmidt
Asklepios Klinik St Georg, Department of Cardiology, Lohmuhlenstrasse 5, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Heart Rhythm 4:575-84. 2007..High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) applied via a steerable balloon catheter (ProRhythm, Ronkonkoma, NY) is a novel technology for pulmonary vein (PV) isolation...
- Imaging of vulnerable coronary artery plaquesAshraf Hamdan
Cardiology Department, Rabin Medical Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:65-74. 2007....
- [Frequency and characteristics of incomplete stent apposition during and after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation]Hiroki Takeuchi
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Shimokasuya 143, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193
J Cardiol 50:111-8. 2007..Incomplete stent apposition (ISA) is frequently observed after sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) implantation. This study investigated the incidence, morphological features, and possible mechanisms of this phenomenon...
- Radioguided occult lesion localization (ROLL) versus wire-guided lumpectomy for non-palpable breast lesions: a randomized prospective evaluationHeriberto Medina-Franco
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
J Surg Oncol 97:108-11. 2008..It is important to optimize the localization technique for non-palpable breast lesions...
- Impact of intramural thrombus in coronary arteries on the accuracy of tissue characterization by in vivo intravascular ultrasound radiofrequency data analysisKenya Nasu
Department of Cardiology, Toyohashi Heart Center, Toyohashi, Japan
Am J Cardiol 101:1079-83. 2008..In conclusion, intramural thrombus was colored as fibrous or fibrofatty by VH IVUS, reducing VH accuracy in these kinds of lesions...
- Endobronchial ultrasoundDevanand Anantham
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Respir Med 103:1406-14. 2009..Clear training standards are emerging to facilitate credentialing as EBUS is rapidly evolving to become a part of standard diagnostic bronchoscopy...
- Virtual histologyAndreas König
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Medizinische Poliklinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Heart 93:977-82. 2007..The in vivo specific histological analysis of coronary atherosclerosis may allow better stratification of treatment of patients with coronary artery disease...
- Can we obtain better specimens with an end-cutting prostatic biopsy device?Hasan Serkan Dogan
Department of Urology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Eur Urol 47:297-301. 2005..Our aim was to compare the tissue yield of two different prostate biopsy instruments: the newer end-cut versus standard side-notch technique...
- Volumetric quantitative analysis of tissue characteristics of coronary plaques after statin therapy using three-dimensional integrated backscatter intravascular ultrasoundMasanori Kawasaki
Regeneration and Advanced Medical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:1946-53. 2005....
- Serial intravascular ultrasound assessment of atherosclerosis progression and regression. State-of-the-art and limitationsGary S Mintz
Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
Circ J 73:1557-60. 2009..However, there are significant limitations to the use of IVUS as an endpoint in progression/regression studies that must be considered when evaluating the results of such studies...
- Assessing coronary plaque burden and plaque vulnerability: atherosclerosis imaging with IVUS and emerging noninvasive modalitiesPaul Schoenhagen
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine and Radiology, Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 1:164-9. 2003..Intravascular ultrasound is the most established invasive method with a long clinical track record. More recently, noninvasive modalities including computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging are emerging...
- Value of three-dimensional US for optimizing guidance for ablating focal liver tumorsS C Rose
Department of Radiology, University of California Medical Center, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 12:507-15. 2001....
- In vivo intravascular ultrasound-derived thin-cap fibroatheroma detection using ultrasound radiofrequency data analysisGaston A Rodriguez-Granillo
Erasmus Medical Center, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2038-42. 2005....
- A three-vessel virtual histology intravascular ultrasound analysis of frequency and distribution of thin-cap fibroatheromas in patients with acute coronary syndrome or stable angina pectorisMyeong Ki Hong
Department of Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Am J Cardiol 101:568-72. 2008....
- A randomized trial assessing the value of ultrasound-guided puncture of the femoral artery for interventional investigationsOliver Dudeck
Department of Radiology, Charite Virchow Klinikum, Medical Faculty of the Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 20:363-8. 2004..In conclusion ultrasound guidance for femoral artery access is recommended only in patients with a weak or absent arterial pulse and obese patients...
- The value of contrast enhanced ultrasonography in detection of liver metastases from colorectal cancer: a prospective double-blinded studyLars Peter Skovgaard Larsen
Department of Radiology, Aarhus University Hospital, Tage Hansensgade 2, 8000 C, Aarhus, Denmark
Eur J Radiol 62:302-7. 2007..To compare sensitivity and specificity of contrast enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) with conventional ultrasonography (US) in detection of liver metastases in patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma (CRC) in a patient-by-patient analysis...
- Randomized study to assess the effectiveness of slow- and moderate-release polymer-based paclitaxel-eluting stents for coronary artery lesionsAntonio Colombo
Ospedale San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Circulation 108:788-94. 2003..Early clinical studies demonstrated the feasibility of local paclitaxel delivery in reducing restenosis after treatment of de novo coronary lesions in small patient populations...
- Intravascular ultrasound for the evaluation of therapies targeting coronary atherosclerosisDirk Bose
Department of Cardiology, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:925-32. 2007..We expect in the near future a further increase of the use of IVUS-based surrogate end points in trials that evaluate novel CV therapies targeting on coronary atherosclerosis...
- Relation between lipoprotein(a) and fibrinogen and serial intravascular ultrasound plaque progression in left main coronary arteriesMarc Hartmann
Department of Cardiology, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:446-52. 2006..There is evidence that coronary plaque progression is linked to a higher risk for future cardiovascular events...
- Real-time ultrasound-guided catheterisation of the internal jugular vein: a prospective comparison with the landmark technique in critical care patientsDimitrios Karakitsos
Department of Intensive Care, General State Hospital of Athens, 154 Mesogeion Avenue, 11527 Athens, Greece
Crit Care 10:R162. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate whether real-time ultrasound-guided cannulation of the internal jugular vein is superior to the standard landmark method...
- Acute coronary syndromes: an emphasis shift from treatment to prevention; and the enduring challenge of vulnerable plaque detection in the cardiac catheterization laboratoryMarco Valgimigli
Thoraxcentre, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:221-9. 2007..Thus, a combination of several modalities will be important in the future to ensure a high sensitivity and specificity in detecting vulnerable plaques...
- Novel drug-delivery stent: intravascular ultrasound observations from the first human experience with the QP2-eluting polymer stent systemY Honda
Center for Research in Cardiovascular Interventions, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Circulation 104:380-3. 2001..Late lumen loss at the reference sites adjacent to the stent was acceptable and predominantly due to plaque proliferation...
- Radiofrequency ablation of renal transitional cell carcinoma with protective cold saline infusionDietrich Schultze
Department of Radiology, Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:489-92. 2003..Significant injury to the uroepithelium was avoided by the concomitant use of a cold saline infusion into the collecting system of the kidney...
- Comparison of local anesthesia techniques during transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsiesBrian N Stirling
Department of Urology, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine Urologic Consortium, Metropolitan Hospital of Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49546, USA
Urology 60:89-92. 2002..To compare the effectiveness of periprostatic nerve blockade versus intrarectal lidocaine during transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsies...
- Delivered dose and vascular response after beta-radiation for in-stent restenosis: retrospective dosimetry and volumetric intravascular ultrasound analysisYoshihiro Morino
Center for Research in Cardiovascular Interventions, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, Calif 94305 5637, USA
Circulation 106:2334-9. 2002..The aims of this study were to investigate the effect of actual delivered dose on vascular changes and to test the appropriateness of the current dose prescription...
- A paclitaxel-eluting stent for the prevention of coronary restenosisSeung Jung Park
Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
N Engl J Med 348:1537-45. 2003..Intimal hyperplasia and resulting restenosis limit the efficacy of coronary stenting. We studied a coronary stent coated with the antiproliferative agent paclitaxel as a means of preventing restenosis...
- Reproducibility of serial intravascular ultrasound measurements in patients with angiographically silent coronary artery disease after heart transplantationW Bocksch
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, German Heart Institute Berlin, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin
Coron Artery Dis 11:555-62. 2000....
- Long-term outcomes of bifurcation lesions after implantation of drug-eluting stents with the "mini-crush technique"Alfredo R Galassi
Department of Internal Medicine and Systemic Disease, Clinical Division of Cardiology, Ferrarotto Hospital, University of Catania, Italy
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:976-83. 2007..To evaluate clinical and angiographic long-term outcome of "the mini-crush" technique for treating bifurcation lesions...
- Incidence and clinical impact of coronary stent fracture after sirolimus-eluting stent implantationJiro Aoki
Division of Cardiology, Mitsui Memorial Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:380-6. 2007..Stent fracture is one of the possible causes of restenosis after sirolimus-eluting stents (SES) implantation. The aim of our study was to evaluate the prevalence and clinical impact of coronary stent fracture after SES implantation...
- Predictors of edge stenosis following sirolimus-eluting stent deployment (a quantitative intravascular ultrasound analysis from the SIRIUS trial)Ryota Sakurai
Center for Research in Cardiovascular Interventions, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:1251-3. 2005..Thus, full lesion coverage and matching the stented segment properly to the adjacent segment using intravascular ultrasound guidance may improve sirolimus-eluting stent implantation efficacy further...
- Percutaneous coronary revascularization using a trilayer metal phosphorylcholine-coated zotarolimus-eluting stentAlexandre Abizaid
Instituto Dante Pazzanese de Cardiologia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Cardiol 99:1403-8. 2007..The inhibition of neointima formation as measured by follow-up angiography and IVUS after 4 months suggests therapeutic potential for the reduction of restenosis...
- A randomized comparison of paclitaxel-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents for treatment of unprotected left main coronary artery stenosisAndrejs Erglis
Latvian Center of Cardiology, Pauls Stradins Clinical University Hospital, Riga, Latvia
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:491-7. 2007....
- Pivotal, randomized U.S. study of the Symbiottrade mark covered stent system in patients with saphenous vein graft disease: eight-month angiographic and clinical results from the Symbiot III trialMark A Turco
Center for Cardiac and Vascular Research, Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, Maryland 20912, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:379-88. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical and angiographic outcomes of the Symbiot ePTFE covered stent versus bare metal stents (BMS) for the treatment of saphenous vein graft (SVG) disease...
- Comparison between sirolimus-eluting stents and intracoronary catheter-based beta radiation for the treatment of in-stent restenosisFausto Feres
Institute Dante Pazzanese of Cardiology, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Cardiol 96:1656-62. 2005..In conclusion SES implantation for the treatment of ISR was effective and superior to catheter-based IVBT in preventing recurrent neointimal proliferation and angiographic restenosis at 1-year follow-up...
- Pilot study with an intensified oral sirolimus regimen for the prevention of in-stent restenosis in de novo lesions: a serial intravascular ultrasound studyAurea J Chaves
Invasive Cardiology Section, Instituto Dante Pazzanese de Cardiologia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:535-40. 2005..Considering the efficacy/safety balance, our results do not encourage further trials evaluating the current protocol for the prevention of in-stent restenosis...
- A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled multicenter clinical trial to evaluate the effects of the angiotensin II receptor blocker candesartan cilexetil on intimal hyperplasia after coronary stent implantationPeter W Radke
Medical Clinic I, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Am Heart J 152:761.e1-6. 2006..The AACHEN trial was a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical multicenter trial to evaluate the effects of candesartan cilexetil on intimal hyperplasia after coronary stent implantation...
- Multislice spiral computed tomography for the evaluation of stent patency after left main coronary artery stenting: a comparison with conventional coronary angiography and intravascular ultrasoundCarlos A G van Mieghem
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 114:645-53. 2006..Multislice computed tomography (MSCT) is a promising technique for noninvasive coronary evaluation. We evaluated the diagnostic performance of high-resolution MSCT to detect ISR after stenting of the LMCA...
- Assessment of potential relationship between wall shear stress and arterial wall response after bare metal stent and sirolimus-eluting stent implantation in patients with diabetes mellitusNobuaki Suzuki
Division of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Imaging Core Laboratories, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 24:357-64. 2008..Drug-eluting stents (DES) almost abolish NIH. Conversely, diabetes mellitus amplifies NIH response. The association between WSS and arterial wall response following DES and BMS implantation in diabetic patients remains to be evaluated...
- Effect of everolimus-eluting stents in different vessel sizes (from the pooled FUTURE I and II trials)Yoshihiro Tsuchiya
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation and Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:464-9. 2006..The EES appears to be effective for treatment of de novo coronary lesions in decreasing neointimal proliferation at 6-month follow-up compared with BMSs, regardless of vessel size...
- Duration of development of symptomatic in-stent restenosis correlates with the stent-to-vessel-diameter ratio: an intravascular ultrasound studyChristoph Schukro
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Coron Artery Dis 18:507-12. 2007..This study aims to investigate the relation between the duration of development of symptomatic ISR and the relative stent diameter...
- Serial intravascular ultrasonic study of outcomes of coronary culprit lesions with plaque rupture following bare metal stent implantation in patients with angina pectorisSeung Ho Hur
Center for Research in Cardiovascular Interventions, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1394-8. 2007..However, when treated with bare metal stents, the absence/presence of preintervention PR was not found to affect the rate or severity of in-stent restenosis in these culprit lesions...
- Preinterventional peak monocyte count and in-stent intimal hyperplasia after coronary stent implantation in human coronary arteriesYoung Joon Hong
The Heart Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Chonnam National University Research Institute of Medical Science, Gwangju, Korea
Clin Cardiol 28:512-8. 2005..Hypothesis: This study assessed the relationship between preinterventional peak monocyte count and neointimal growth after successful stent implantation...
- Does Carbofilm coating affect in-stent intimal proliferation? A randomized trial comparing Rx multi-link penta and Tecnic Carbostent Stents: SIROCCO TrialDidier Carrie
Cardiology Department, Rangueil Hospital, Toulouse, France
J Interv Cardiol 20:381-8. 2007....
- Effect of plaque volume on subsequent vessel remodeling at edges of sirolimus-eluting stentsTatsuhiko Asano
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Am J Cardiol 98:1041-4. 2006..In conclusion, a large amount of plaque at the SES edge may be a risk of negative remodeling at follow-up (stent edge restenosis). It supports the importance of "normal-to-normal" SES deployment...
- High-dose intracoronary irradiation after de novo stent implantation results of the EVEREST (Evaluation of Endoluminal Radiation in Elective Stenting) trialMatthias H Geiger
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Strahlenther Onkol 182:9-15. 2006..This randomized study was designed to compare the efficacy of high-dose coronary beta-radiation after intravascular ultrasound-(IVUS-)guided direct stenting with sham treatment in patients with de novo lesions...
- Restenosis and stent fracture following sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) implantationMasanori Okumura
Division of Cardiology, Fujita Health University Hospital, Toyoake, Japan
Circ J 71:1669-77. 2007..Restenosis still occurs, even with the sirolimus-eluting stent (SES), and the precise mechanisms and the impact of stent fracture on restensosis have not yet been elucidated...
- The impact of cutting balloon angioplasty for the treatment of diffuse in-stent restenosisRaisuke Iijima
Division of Cardiology, Mitsui Memorial Hospital, 1 Kanda Izumicho Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, 101 8643, Japan
J Invasive Cardiol 15:427-31. 2003..To determine the comparable safety and efficacy of cutting balloon angioplasty (CBA) and balloon angioplasty (BA) for diffuse in-stent restenosis (ISR)...
- Persistent inhibition of neointimal hyperplasia after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation: long-term (up to 2 years) clinical, angiographic, and intravascular ultrasound follow-upMuzaffer Degertekin
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 106:1610-3. 2002..The objective of our study was to evaluate the efficiency of sirolimus-eluting stent implantation for up to 2 years of follow-up...
- Debulking and stenting versus debulking only of coronary artery disease in patients treated with cilostazol (final results of ESPRIT)Etsuo Tsuchikane
Department of Cardiology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Osaka, Japan
Am J Cardiol 90:573-8. 2002..Clinical event rates at 1 year were also not significantly different. These results suggest that optimal lesion debulking by DCA does not always need adjunctive stenting if cilostazol is administered...
- Long-term follow-up of incomplete stent apposition in patients who received sirolimus-eluting stent for de novo coronary lesions: an intravascular ultrasound analysisMuzaffer Degertekin
Erasmus MC, Thoraxcenter, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 108:2747-50. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) findings of ISA in patients who received SES...
- Incidence, mechanism, predictors, and long-term prognosis of late stent malapposition after bare-metal stent implantationMyeong Ki Hong
Department of Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Cardiac Center, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Circulation 109:881-6. 2004..Predictors and long-term prognosis of late stent malapposition (LSM) after bare-metal stent (BMS) implantation are unknown...
- Intravascular ultrasound findings in the multicenter, randomized, double-blind RAVEL (RAndomized study with the sirolimus-eluting VElocity balloon-expandable stent in the treatment of patients with de novo native coronary artery Lesions) trialPatrick W Serruys
Thoraxcentre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 106:798-803. 2002..The goal of this intravascular ultrasound investigation was to provide a more detailed morphological analysis of the local biological effects of the implantation of a sirolimus-eluting stent compared with an uncoated stent...
- Effect of amlodipine on vascular responses after coronary stenting compared with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitorTatsuo Yamazaki
Division of Cardiology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 68:328-33. 2004..Prevention of restenosis after coronary stenting is clinically important. We compared amlodipine and quinapril to determine which is more effective in preventing restenosis after stenting...
- Effect of Extended-Release Niacin on Saphenous Vein Graft AtherosclerosisEmmanouil Brilakis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Prasugrel for prevention of early saphenous vein graft thrombosisEmmanouil Brilakis; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- 3D CORONARY RECONSTRUCTION AND MULTIMODALITY FUSIONShiuh Yung Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Simulation Training for Ultrasound Guided Central Venous Catheter InsertionLEIGH EVANS; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intraoperative 3T MRI Scanner for Minimally Invasive TherapyFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Invasive Assessment of the Coronary MicrocirculationWilliam Fearon; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IMAGE GUIDED THERAPY CENTERFerenc Jolesz; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting MMPS to Image AtherosclerosisJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2007..The extent of inflammation and MMP expression in the plaques will be ascertained histopathologically. [unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ULTRASONIC EVALUATION OF OCULAR TISSUESERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2007..They will extract detailed tissue information from regions inaccessible to other imaging modalities. The methods will be clinically evaluated in cases of age-related macular generation. ..
- NOVEL ULTRASONIC IMAGING OF BRACHYTHERAPY SEEDSERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Technical support in the form of consulting, software, seeds, etc., will be provided by Varian Medical Systems, Inc., which offers a potential path for translating the research results into a commercial product. ..
- Visualization and real-time dosimetry for prostate brachytherapy using ultrasoundSeptimiu Salcudean; Fiscal Year: 2007..VE-based prostate boundary segmentation will be compared to B-mode images outlined by experts and to magnetic resonance images. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional Arterial Changes in AtherogenesisIftikhar Kullo; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Ultrasound contrast agent enhances ultarsound assisted thrombolysis in strokeAzita Soltani; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Senescense and cerebral oxygenation with acute anemiaThomas Floyd; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to study the effect of AIA on cerebral oxygenation and cognition in young and aged spontaneously hypertensive rats. ..
- Biomarkers of Peripheral Arterial DiseaseIftikhar Kullo; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Advanced IVUS Imaging with MUTsFAHRETTIN L DEGERTEKIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will also serve as a paradigm for a broad range of ultrasound imaging applications that would benefit from advanced transducer technology with integrated electronics. ..
- Soft Tissue Biomechanical Behavior During Acupuncture in Low Back PainHelene M Langevin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Identification and Treatment Of Unstable Plaque with OCTMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will in parallel attempt to further improve the rabbit hemorrhagic plaque model by inducing angiogenesis, the factor which may ultimately be the trigger of many plaque ruptures. ..
- BIOEFFECTS OF GAS BODY ACTIVATION IN MEDICAL ULTRASOUNDDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..This project will examine bioeffects in cells and tissues and show how to safely use ultrasound contrast agents in diagnostic imaging. ..
- Mechanism & Efficacy of Assessing Osteoarthritis by OCTMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. In patients undergoing microfracture during arthroscopy for the treatment of localized OA, OCT imaging will be performed of adjacent articular cartilage. ..
- Advanced Techniques for Assessing Osteoarthritis in RatsMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2008..3. Examining the Combination of OCT with the Microawl Therapeutic Technique in a Surgical Rat Model of OA. 4. Examining the Combination of OCT with a Pharmaceutical Intervention in Surgical Rat Model of OA. ..
- Quantitative Imaging with High Frequency UltrasoundEmad Ebbini; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Obesity, Inflammation and Thrombosis: LOOK AHEADChristie M Ballantyne; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- AFM Arrays for Single Molecular MechanicsFAHRETTIN DEGERTEKIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- INTEGRATED ULTRASONIC SYSTEMS FOR NONINVASIVE THERAPYERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results are expected to be incorporated in a systems model of ultrasonic therapy which would permit comprehensive treatment planning and design of future system features. ..
- Optical Coherence Tomography for Microsurgical GuidanceMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Use structural, polarization, and spectroscopic data to identify sensor vs motor nerves, and 7. guide epineural nerve repair with OCT guidance. ..
- Patient-activated Colorectal Cancer Screening in PCPBerta Geller; Fiscal Year: 2005..By the completion of this project we will have tested the intervention and data collection instruments, and collected the data necessary to plan an intervention trial. ..
- Imaging Apoptosis to Detect Unstable Atheromatous PlaqueJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impending surgical intervention will allow histopathological evaluation of the endarterectomy specimens to define potential utility of annexin imaging. ..
- UROLOGIC TRAINING PROGRAM FOR PHYSICIANS AND SCIENTISTSMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2003..The trainees facilities can serve more fellows than will be funded by this training proposal. All the training can be carried out in the more than 55,000 square feet of fully equipped laboratory space available. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- SPINAL CORD INJURY, METHYLPREDNISOLONE & P GLYCOPROTEINCHRISTOPHER BERNARDS; Fiscal Year: 2002..4. To determine whether increased spinal cord bioavailability of methylprednisolone decreases secondary damage following spinal cord injury. ..
- High Intensity Ultrasound in GastroenterologyJOO HWANG; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is anticipated that this work will help to gain a better understanding of the mechanisms of HIFU and its potential role for other GI applications such as tumor therapy. ..
- IN VIVO IMAGING OF FORMATION OF HEPATIC METASTASESJonathan Kruskal; Fiscal Year: 2002..This project will allow identification of a series of in vivo steps that can be used to explore novel diagnostic and therapeutic probes in animal studies. ..
- ENHANCED EVALUATION OF FETAL CNS WITH ULTRAFAST MRIDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus the results of this study could significantly decrease morbidity of fetuses with ventriculomegaly. ..
- ULTRASONIC EVALUATION OF OCULAR TISSUESERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2001..Effects of glaucoma medication will be quantified. Simplified, standardized output formats of useful parameters will be derived to foster use of these techniques in ophthalmology. ..
- CLINICAL ULTRASONIC CHARACTERIZATION OF THE PROSTATEERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The efficacy of these presentations will be assessed using standard ROC methods, and the classification techniques underlying them will include non-linear methods of classification such as neural-network tools. ..
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- Transrectal Ultrasound Ablation Of The ProstateGabor Fichtinger; Fiscal Year: 2004..The resulting system will be tested on canine subjects and in a limited manner on human patients. The endpoint of the proposed research is a system for which IRB approval can be sought to conduct clinical trials. ..
- ADAPTIVE ULTRASONIC BREAST IMAGINGGregg Trahey; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomic Markers of ArteriosclerosisIftikhar Kullo; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ULTRASOUND-INDUCED LUNG DAMAGE ASSESSMENTWILLIAM O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The theoretical studies provide a mathematical basis for understanding the basic mechanism so that another approach is available for extrapolating to humans. ..
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- MR-guided capacitive micromachined ultrasonic transducer for liver tumor ablationSerena Wong; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Novel MRI Contrast Agent for Monitoring Thermal AblationNathan Mcdannold; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Optical Coherence Tomography for Pulmonary CirculationMark Brezinski; Fiscal Year: 2005..Development of an OCT Imaging Catheter, Aim 2. Assessing the Pulmonary Veins Ablation in an Animal Model, Aim 3. Vascular Assessments In Vitro, Aim 4. OCT Elastography and Aim 5. OCT Imaging will be performed in an Animal Model of PTN. ..
- 3D Prostate Cancer Imaging Based on "Crawling Wave" ExcitationDeborah J Rubens; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful development of the novel 3D crawling wave imaging technology will be readily applicable to ultrasound scanners and therefore can be widely disseminated. ..
- ULTRASOUND ENHANCEMENT OF CANCER GENE THERAPYDouglas Miller; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research will provide a bridge from the basic research breakthrough to specific therapeutic applications and urgently needed clinical research programs utilizing this novel technology. ..
- Contrast-enhanced Ultrasound Assessment of AngiogenesisJonathan Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will also validate the potential use of targeted contrast ultrasound for non-invasively evaluating new pro-angiogenic treatments and for guiding their use in patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACOUSTICALLY ACTIVATED MICELLAR DRUG DELIVERYNatalya Rapoport; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 3D SONOELASTOGRAPHY IMAGING FOR PROSTATE CANCERDeborah Rubens; Fiscal Year: 2006..Year 1: 25 patients) Aim 3: Apply the results of aims 1 and 2 to evaluate the clinical utility of in-vivo prostate cancer detection by sonoelastography. (Years 2-4: 90 patients) ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Structural, Computational and Epidemiologic Analyses of*Noah Kauff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- ULTRASONIC SAFETY AND THERAPY IN OPHTHAMALOGYERNEST FELEPPA; Fiscal Year: 2004..Safety will be determined using calibrated exposures in in-vivo animal eyes and comprehensive follow-up examinations. Results will be disseminated to support continued safety as new systems evolve. ..
- Collaborative Urological Research in Spinal Cord InjuryMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2005..f. of fully equipped laboratory and clinical space. This Program is important for the advancement of patient care and basic understanding of SCI and neurogenic bladder dysfunction. ..
- ADAPTIVE ULTRASONIC BREAST IMAGINGGregg Trahey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Liver Cancer Ablation Guidance BY ARFI ImagingGregg Trahey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Significant challenges remain in developing ARFI imaging as an ablation guidance method and in optimizing and assessing its clinical relevance. ..
- The Kinetics and Behavior of Hematopoietic Stem cellsJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2009..Broadly, this application uses parabiosis, evolutionary analyses and stochastic simulation, 3 systems biology approaches, to gain insights into the in vivo behavior of HSC. ..
- Robot-Aided Liver Ablation Under 3D Ultrasound GuidanceMichael Choti; Fiscal Year: 2003..In contrast to those, a specific goal of this project is to demonstrate full functional capability with a simple, lightweight and inexpensive system. ..
- BIOMECHANICAL EFFECT OF ACUPUNCTURE NEEDLINGHELENE LANGEVIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will contribute to the fundamental understanding of acupuncture therapy and may lead to improvements in treatments. ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Randomized trial of doxorubicin beads for arterial embolization of hepatocellularKaren Brown; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study is designed to determine the incremental value of arterial chemotherapy, as well as to validate an automated imaging method of assessing response to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Clinical Research Using Non-Fourier 3D Cardiac MRIFrank Rybicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICROVASCULAR ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION WITH MICROBUBBLESJonathan Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Pathogenesis of clonal dominance in myelopoliferative d*JANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2008..We anticipate that, once validated, stochastic simulation will be an excellent tool for further studies of the pathogenesis of individual myeloproliferative diseases, disease progression and subclone evolution. ..
- IN UTERO TRANSPLANTATION FOR LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASEJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..The investigators are hopeful that these studies will provide alternative approaches for the therapy of lysosomal storage disorders. ..