Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonic recording of the size, motion, and composition of the heart and surrounding tissues using a transducer placed in the esophagus.
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection: diagnosis by transesophageal echocardiographyN M Ammash
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 29:1351-8. 1997This study sought to demonstrate that with proper technique, identification of the normal and abnormal pulmonary venous connection can be made with confidence using transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Left atrial appendage thrombi in stroke patients: detection with two-phase cardiac CT angiography versus transesophageal echocardiographyJin Hur
Department of Radiology, Research Institute of Radiological Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 250 Seongsanno, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Radiology 251:683-90. 2009..tomographic (CT) angiography for detection of left atrial appendage (LAA) thrombi and differentiation between thrombus and circulatory stasis in patients with stroke, with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) as the reference standard.
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- Clinical, imaging, and pathological characteristics of left ventricular thrombus: a comparison of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging, transthoracic echocardiography, and transesophageal echocardiography with surgical or pathological validationMonvadi B Srichai
Center for Integrated Non Invasive Cardiovascular Imaging of Department of Radiology Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 152:75-84. 2006..characteristics of confirmed LV thrombus and compared the diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with transthoracic (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for the diagnosis of LV thrombi.
- Hemodynamic assessment of critically ill patients using echocardiography DopplerPhilippe Vignon
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Limoges, France
Curr Opin Crit Care 11:227-34. 2005The evaluation of hemodynamic status in critically ill patients is a leading recommended indication of transesophageal echocardiography in the intensive care unit...
- Transesophageal echocardiography during cardiopulmonary arrest in the emergency departmentMichael Blaivas
Department of Emergency Medicine, Northside Hospital Forsyth, 1200 Northside Forsyth Dr, Cumming, GA 30041, United States
Resuscitation 78:135-40. 2008..b>Transesophageal echocardiography offers high resolution and clarity of images in the vast majority of patients...
- Detection of subclinical CO2 embolism by transesophageal echocardiography during laparoscopic radical prostatectomyJeong Yeon Hong
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Anesthesia and Pain Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Urology 75:581-4. 2010To document incidences of subclinical embolism in laparoscopic radical prostatectomy with continuous monitoring using transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Supplementing transesophageal echocardiography with transthoracic echocardiography for monitoring transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects with attenuated anterior rim: a case seriesSu Man Lin
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine and Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Anesth Analg 96:1584-8, table of contents. 2003The use of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for guidance of transcatheter closure of secundum-type atrial septal defect (ASD) is increasingly becoming a routine procedure...
- The evaluation of real-time 3-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography for the preoperative functional assessment of patients with mitral valve prolapse: a comparison with 2-dimensional transesophageal echocardiographyRajan Sharma
Cardiothoracic Department, Southampton University Hospital, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:934-40. 2007..to compare the feasibility and accuracy of transthoracic real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography (RT-3DE) with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for the preoperative functional assessment of patients with mitral valve prolapse.
- Comparison of aortic root dimensions and geometries before and after transcatheter aortic valve implantation by 2- and 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography and multislice computed tomographyArnold C T Ng
Department of Cardiology, The Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, and the Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 3:94-102. 20103D transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) may provide more accurate aortic annular and left ventricular outflow tract (LVOT) dimensions and geometries compared with 2D TEE...
- Impact of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography in the surgical management of hypertrophic cardiomyopathySteve R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:1022-4. 2002
- Utility of transesophageal echocardiography in identification of thrombogenic milieu in patients with atrial fibrillation (an ACUTE ancillary study)Senthil K Thambidorai
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Cardiol 96:935-41. 2005..In the 571 patients who underwent transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in the ACUTE trial, we assessed the relative predictive value of baseline data derived by ..
- Atherosclerosis of the aorta: risk factor, risk marker, or innocent bystander? A prospective population-based transesophageal echocardiography studyIrene Meissner
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:1018-24. 2004..The goal of this study was to investigate whether complex aortic atherosclerosis is associated with increased risk of vascular events in a non-selected population...
- Initial clinical experience with intracardiac echocardiography in guiding transcatheter closure of perimembranous ventricular septal defects: feasibility and comparison with transesophageal echocardiographyQi Ling Cao
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 66:258-67. 2005..device closure using the Amplatzer membranous VSD device of their defects, using sequential transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and ICE guidance with general endotracheal anesthesia (five patients) and using ICE alone with ..
- Role of the CHADS2 score in the evaluation of thromboembolic risk in patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing transesophageal echocardiography before pulmonary vein isolationSarinya Puwanant
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:2032-9. 2009....
- Use of transesophageal echocardiography to guide cardioversion in patients with atrial fibrillationA L Klein
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Department of Cardiology, OH 44195, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1411-20. 2001..It has been proposed that if transesophageal echocardiography reveals no atrial thrombus, cardioversion may be performed safely after only a short period of ..
- Integrated backscatter and intima-media thickness of the thoracic aorta evaluated by transesophageal echocardiography in hypercholesterolemic patients: effect of pitavastatin therapyKoji Ono
Department of Cardiology, Gifu Prefectural General Medical Center, Gifu, Japan
Ultrasound Med Biol 35:193-200. 2009..the effects of pitavastatin (P) therapy on plaque components and morphology in the thoracic aorta by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and clarify the impact of the therapy on media and intima in patients with hypercholesterolemia...
- Cryoballoon pulmonary vein isolation guided by transesophageal echocardiography: novel aspects on an emerging ablation techniqueClaudia Herrera Siklody
Department of Electrophysiology, Herz Zentrum, Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:1197-202. 2009..b>Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) allows real-time visualization of cryoballoon positioning and successful vein occlusion via ..
- The use of transesophageal echocardiography for preload assessment in critically ill patientsC P Tousignant
Department of Anaesthesia, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronoto, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 90:351-5. 2000..We investigated the relationship between stroke volume (SV) and left ventricular (LV) size by using transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in a population of 20 ICU patients and 21 postoperative cardiac surgical patients...
- Real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for guiding interventional electrophysiology: feasibility studyEric C Pua
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science, Duke University, Box 90300, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Ultrason Imaging 29:182-94. 2007..The purpose of this study was to test the feasibility of real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for the guidance of interventional electrophysiological studies...
- [Atrial septal defect of sinus venous type diagnosed by transesophageal echocardiography intraoperatively]Yuichiro Shimoyama
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka Medical College Hospital, Takatsuki 569 8686
Masui 58:189-92. 2009..However, we found an abnormal rise of the value of Sv(O2). Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) demonstrated ASD of sinous venous type which had not been diagnosed preoperatively...
- Interatrial defect sizing by intracardiac and transesophageal echocardiography compared with fluoroscopic measurements in patients undergoing percutaneous transcatheter closureFernando Boccalandro
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical School Houston, Houston, Texas, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 62:415-20. 2004..001) and minimal positive bias toward the echocardiographic measurements. Both TEE and ICE are excellent methods of interatrial defect sizing when compared with quantitative fluoroscopic measurements...
- Predictive value of intraoperative diagnosis of residual ventricular septal defects by transesophageal echocardiographyBaher M Hanna
Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Thorac Surg 89:1233-7. 2010Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (IOTEE) is well established as a monitoring tool during ventricular septal defect (VSD) repair to ensure complete closure of the defect. Residual shunts detected by IOTEE are common...
- Transcranial Doppler and transesophageal echocardiography: comparison of both techniques and prospective clinical relevance of transcranial Doppler in patent foramen ovale detectionLuigi Caputi
Fondazione IRCCS Scientific Institute for Research, Hospitalization and Healthcare Istituto Neurologico C Besta Milan, Italy
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:343-8. 2009..Contrast transesophageal echocardiography (cTEE) is the gold standard for the diagnosis, although it has some known limitations...
- Transesophageal echocardiography for the prevention of embolic complications after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillationKevin A Michael
Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:1217-22. 2009..5 and 5.4%. Preprocedural TEE has been used to exclude the presence of left atrial thrombi in order to minimize risk. The use of TEE is empiric and it has not been evaluated in contemporary practice...
- Atrial thrombi-a prospective follow-up study over 3 years with transesophageal echocardiography and cranial magnetic resonance imagingPeter Bernhardt
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Echocardiography 23:388-94. 2006..However, there is little knowledge about the long-term fate of atrial thrombi and the incidence of cerebral embolism in patients under oral anticoagulation...
- An intraoperative assessment of the ascending aorta: a comparison of digital palpation, transesophageal echocardiography, and epiaortic ultrasonographySujeeth Suvarna
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery The Heart and UCL Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:805-9. 2007..This study compared the relationship among the findings of digital palpation (DP), transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), and epiaortic ultrasound (EAU) in the detection of atheroma in the ascending aorta.
- Mortality in patients with paravalvular abscess diagnosed by transesophageal echocardiographyJohn E Cosmi
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:766-8. 2004..Paravalvular abscess is a complication of endocarditis that may lead to persistent infection, conduction abnormalities, fistula formation, worsening congestive heart failure, and death...
- Abscess in infective endocarditis: the value of transesophageal echocardiography and outcome: a 5-year studyEvelyn E Hill
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg KULEUVEN, Leuven, Belgium
Am Heart J 154:923-8. 2007In patients with infective endocarditis (IE), detection of abscess remains difficult. We investigated abscess detection by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and predictors of abscess and death in patients with IE.
- Evaluation of cardiac abnormalities and embolic sources in primary antiphospholipid syndrome by transesophageal echocardiographyM Turiel
Internal Medicine II, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Lupus 9:406-12. 2000..frequently present in Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome (PAPS) patients using transthoracic and/or transesophageal echocardiography. The aim of this study was to describe the prevalence of cardiac abnormalities (valvular thickening ..
- Comparison of diagnostic and therapeutic value of transesophageal echocardiography, intravascular ultrasonic imaging, and intraluminal phased-array imaging in aortic dissection with tear in the descending thoracic aorta (type B)Thomas Bartel
Cardiology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Cardiol 99:270-4. 2007b>Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and conventional intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) have limited capabilities in type B aortic dissection...
- Quantitative assessment of the operative results after extended myectomy and surgical reconstruction of the subvalvular mitral apparatus in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy using dynamic three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiographyA Franke
Medical Clinic I, University Clinic, Aachen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:1641-9. 1998The aim of this study was to examine the value of dynamic three-dimensional (3D) transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for the postoperative evaluation after extended myectomy and surgical reconstruction of the subvalvular mitral valve ..
- Comparison of costs of intracardiac echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography in monitoring percutaneous device closure of atrial septal defect in children and adultsErnerio T Alboliras
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:690-2. 2004..Hospital and physician charges incurred by 20 patients who had intracardiac echocardiographic guidance and 20 patients who had transesophageal echocardiographic guidance during atrial septal defect closure were compared...
- Appropriate utilization of transesophageal echocardiographyGowtham A Rao
Saint Luke s Mid America Heart Institute, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:727-9. 2009..The rate of the appropriate utilization of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in clinical practice is unknown...
- Transesophageal echocardiography in patients with cryptogenic cerebral ischemiaFabian Knebel
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik mit Schwerpunkt Kardiologie und Angiologie, Berlin, Germany
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 7:15. 2009..Hence, the aim of this study was to describe the prevalence of abnormal echocardiographic findings in a large number of these patients...
- Structural remodeling of the left atrial appendage in patients with chronic non-valvular atrial fibrillation: Implications for thrombus formation, systemic embolism, and assessment by transesophageal echocardiographyJ Shirani
Departments of Medicine Division of Cardiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 9:95-101. 2000..b>Transesophageal echocardiography and hematologic studies have identified blood flow stasis (spontaneous echogenic contrast) and ..
- Usefulness of live three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in a congenital heart disease centerG Hamilton Baker
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1025-8. 2009Three-dimensional (3D) transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) has numerous potential applications in the care of patients with congenital heart disease (CHD). However, there were few data examining its utility in this setting...
- Diagnosis of left atrial appendage thrombus in the presence of sinus rhythm with the aid of transesophageal echocardiography during coronary artery bypass graftingYvonne Marie Looney
Department of Anesthesia, St George s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:96-7. 2006
- Aortic valve area on 64-MDCT correlates with transesophageal echocardiography in aortic stenosisTroy M LaBounty
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:1652-8. 2008..The purpose of our study was to compare aortic valve area and calcification between CT and echocardiography...
- Quadricuspid aortic valve by using intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyZhenghua Xiao
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 8:36. 2010..This case underscores the important role of three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography for the diagnosis of quadricuspid aortic valve.
- Transesophageal echocardiography in patients with atrial fibrillationCraig R Asher
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Section of Cardiac Imaging, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1597-603. 2003Over the past decade transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) has become an integral tool in the management of patients with AF...
- Accurate placement of the distal end of a ventriculoatrial shunt with the aid of real-time transesophageal echocardiography. Technical noteTheofilos G Machinis
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Center of Central Georgia, School of Medicine, Mercer University, Macon, Georgia, USA
J Neurosurg 105:153-6. 2006..The authors present their experience with real-time transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) monitoring for the accurate placement of the distal catheter of a VA shunt.
- Assessment of left atrial appendage by live three-dimensional echocardiography: early experience and comparison with transesophageal echocardiographyIldiko Agoston
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0766, USA
Echocardiography 23:127-32. 2006..We tested the feasibility of evaluating LAA by L3D and compared the findings to transthoracic echocardiography (2D) and in a subset of patients with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Coronary artery fistula: diagnostic role of transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiographyE Vizzardi
Section of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Applied Experimental Medicine, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Minerva Cardioangiol 56:361-4. 2008..Transtho-racic and transesophageal echocardiography approach showed the origin, course, and drainage site of the CAF...
- Echocardiography in infective endocarditisA Evangelista
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Heart 90:614-7. 2004
- A framework for systematic characterization of the mitral valve by real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiographyErnesto E Salcedo
University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:1087-99. 2009Because of the complex anatomy of the mitral valve, detailed imaging is a challenge. Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) using two-dimensional echocardiography provides the backbone for the structural evaluation of the mitral valve...
- Indications and guidelines for performance of transesophageal echocardiography in the patient with pediatric acquired or congenital heart disease: report from the task force of the Pediatric Council of the American Society of EchocardiographyNancy A Ayres
Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:91-8. 2005
- Accuracy of transthoracic echocardiography for the measurement of the ascending aorta: comparison with transesophageal echocardiographyDeepa Kabirdas
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
Clin Cardiol 33:502-7. 2010..We sought to determine the accuracy of transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) compared to transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for measuring ascending aortic size.
- Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale under intracardiac echocardiographic guidance: feasibility and comparison with transesophageal echocardiographyZ Hijazi
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago Children s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60637 1470, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 52:194-9. 2001b>Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) has been employed successfully for guiding transcatheter device closure of secundum atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO)...
- Ear oximetry: a noninvasive method for detection of patent foramen ovale: a study comparing dye dilution method and oximetry with contrast transesophageal echocardiographyV Karttunen
Department of Neurology, Oulu Finland University Hospital
Stroke 32:448-53. 2001..There is a need for low-cost and noninvasive methods for the detection of PFO. This study evaluates the accuracy of two simple bedside tests, the dye dilution method and ear oximetry, in the detection of PFO...
- Efficacy of transesophageal echocardiography-guided cardioversion of patients with atrial fibrillation at 6 months: a randomized controlled trialAllan L Klein
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 151:380-9. 2006..We compared a transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)-guided strategy with a conventional strategy in patients with AF > 2 days' duration ..
- Comparison of contrast enhanced 64-slice computed tomography and transesophageal echocardiography in detection of left atrial thrombus in patients with atrial fibrillationRi Bo Tang
Department of Cardiology, Beijing An Zhen Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, 100029, People s Republic of China
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 22:199-203. 2008..This prospective study compared the efficacy of 64-slice contrast-enhanced computed tomography (64CCT) with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) of the heart in the identification of LA/LAA thrombus.
- The usefulness of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography to identify the site of drainage of coronary artery fistulaRyoji Iida
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Rinkai Hospital, Japan
Anesth Analg 101:330-1. 2005
- Abrupt formation and spontaneous resolution of a right atrial thrombus detected by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography during replacement of an abdominal aortic aneurysmTae Yun Sung
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Konkuk University School of Medicine, Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul, 143 729, Korea
J Anesth 24:456-9. 2010..We report a case of abrupt right atrial thrombus formation and spontaneous resolution, with no events, detected by transesophageal echocardiography during the replacement of an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Left atrial appendage filling defects on 64-slice multidetector computed tomography in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation: predictors and comparison to transesophageal echocardiographyNishith K Singh
Department of Internal Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 33:946-51. 2009..To evaluate predictor variables and accuracy of left atrial appendage (LAA) filling defects seen on multidetector computed tomographic (MDCT) scan in predicting LAA thrombus in patients undergoing pulmonary vein (PV) isolation procedure...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Real-time 3-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography: novel utility in atrial fibrillation ablation with a prosthetic mitral valveHyun Suk Yang
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Circulation 117:e304-5. 2008
- Transesophageal echocardiography and cardiovascular sources of embolism: implications for perioperative managementChristine Ngukhoon Tan
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Anesthesiology 107:333-46. 2007b>Transesophageal echocardiography has become an invaluable investigation in patients with cardioembolic events because of its high sensitivity and specificity for defining detailed structure and function of the cardiovascular system...
- Impact of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography during noncardiac surgeryMaría Carolina Cabrera Schulmeyer
Department of Anesthesiology, Air Force Hospital of Santiago, and University of Valparaiso, Santiago, Chile
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:768-71. 2006The purpose of this study was to test if parameters measured by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) could be useful to evaluate the hemodynamic status of high-risk cardiovascular patients and if this information was ..
- Role of transesophageal echocardiography guided cardioversion in patients with atrial fibrillation, previous left atrial thrombus and effective anticoagulationMohammad Saeed
The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0553, United States
Int J Cardiol 113:401-5. 2006The value of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) to prevent cardioversion-related thromboembolic events in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF) and left atrial (LA) thrombus is unclear...
- A study of functional anatomy of aortic-mitral valve coupling using 3D matrix transesophageal echocardiographyFederico Veronesi
Department of Electronics, Computer Science and Systems, University of Bologna, Italy
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:24-31. 2009..We sought to develop and test a technique for quantitative assessment of mitral and aortic valve dynamics and coupling...
- Identification of the site of drainage of left main coronary artery to right atrium fistula with intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyRyoji Iida
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Rinkai Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:777-80. 2005
- Definitive diagnosis of cor triatriatum with common atrium by three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography in an adultGurpreet Baweja
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35249, USA
Echocardiography 21:303-6. 2004We describe an adult patient, in whom three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography was able to make a definitive diagnosis of cor triatriatum associated with common atrium...
- Successful surgical repair of a giant left main coronary artery aneurysm with arteriovenous fistula draining into a persistent left superior vena cava and coronary sinus: role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyAmgad N Makaryus
Division of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:1322-5. 2003..She then underwent successful surgical closure of the coronary arteriovenous fistula. The important role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography in guiding this technically challenging surgical case is discussed.
- Cardiac contusion in blunt chest trauma: a combined study of transesophageal echocardiography and cardiac troponin I determinationF Mori
Cardiology Unit, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Ital Heart J 2:222-7. 2001..However, its role in myocardial contusion remains to be clarified. Since transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) appears, at present, to be the best method for the diagnosis of myocardial contusion, the aim ..
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography enables characterization of coronary artery fistula in coexistence with multiple giant coronary artery aneurysmsToshiyuki Sawai
Department of Anesthesiology, Osaka Medical College, 2 7 Daigaku machi, Takatsuki 569 8686, Japan
Anesth Analg 106:1104-6. 2008
- Transesophageal echocardiography for thrombus screening prior to left atrial catheter ablationEiji Yamashita
Division of Cardiology, Gunma Prefectural Cardiovascular Center, Maebashi, Japan
Circ J 74:1081-6. 2010b>Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) is useful for detecting left atrial (LA) thrombus prior to percutaneous LA catheter ablation in patients with atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Comparison of tissue Doppler dynamics to Doppler flow in evaluating left atrial appendage function by transesophageal echocardiographyLakshmi Parvathaneni
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Am J Cardiol 95:1011-4. 2005Tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) patterns from the left atrial appendage (LAA) were evaluated by transesophageal echocardiography. Reproducible, characteristic triphasic or biphasic tissue velocities similar to Doppler flow of the LAA were ..
- Transesophageal echocardiography in the diagnosis of thrombosis associated with permanent transvenous pacemaker electrodesPetri J Korkeila
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Physiology, Turku University Central Hospital, Turku, Finland
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:1245-50. 2006We sought to assess the value of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in the diagnosis of PM-lead-associated central venous thrombi.
- Unusual cause of superior vena cava syndrome diagnosed with transesophageal echocardiographyAtilio Barbeito
Department of Anesthesiology, Box 3094, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Can J Anaesth 55:774-8. 2008An unusual case of superior vena cava (SVC) syndrome caused by an infected right atrial-SVC junction thrombus may be diagnosed using transesophageal echocardiography.
- Blunt chest trauma victims: role of intravascular ultrasound and transesophageal echocardiography in cases of abnormal thoracic aortogramNilesh H Patel
Department of Radiology, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Trauma 55:330-7. 2003The objective of our study was to use transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and intravascular ultrasonography (IVUS) to evaluate their role in interrogating abnormal or equivocal findings seen on thoracic aortography performed on blunt ..
- The effects of intraabdominally insufflated carbon dioxide on hepatic blood flow during laparoscopic surgery assessed by transesophageal echocardiographyRainer Meierhenrich
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Anesth Analg 100:340-7. 2005..We conclude that induction of CO(2) pneumoperitoneum with an IAP of 12 mm Hg is associated with an increase in hepatic perfusion in healthy adults...
- Left ventricular mobile thrombus associated with ventricular assist device: diagnosis by transesophageal echocardiographyYumiko Miyake
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circ J 68:383-4. 2004..A 61-year-old woman supported with VAD with LV apical cannulation had a mobile LV thrombus adjacent to the inflow cannula diagnosed by transesophageal echocardiography.
- Assessment of atrial septal defect size with 3D-transesophageal echocardiography: comparison with balloon methodTony Abdel-Massih
Unité de Cardiologie Pédiatrique, Hopital des Enfants, Toulouse, France
Echocardiography 22:121-7. 2005..Three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiography (3D-TEE) provides views of the ASD allowing its measurement and identifying its spatial relation with ..
- Transesophageal echocardiography during mitral valve repair underestimates mitral valve area by pressure half-time calculationKian Keong Poh
Cardiac Department, 5, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Level 3, Main Building, National University Hospital, 119074 Singapore
Int J Cardiol 108:177-80. 2006..Evaluation of MVRr by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (IOE) has been routinely employed to guide the operation...
- Critical role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography for detection of extrapulmonary thromboemboli during surgical pulmonary embolectomyMartina Nowak
Anesthesiology 104:1346; author reply 1346-7. 2006
- Role of transesophageal echocardiography in the evaluation of patients with strokeHarmony R Reynolds
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 18:340-5. 2003..summarizes recent advances in the care of patients presenting with neurologic events, in which transesophageal echocardiography plays an important role in diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment...
- [Undetected hypopharyngeal perforation with deep neck abscess and mediastinitis due to transesophageal echocardiography]K W G Eichhorn
Universitätsklinik für Hals, Nasen und Ohrenheilkunde und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
HNO 51:903-7. 2003..We present the case of a 65 year old male patient with perforation of the hypopharynx after transesophageal echocardiography which was unrecognized for more than 1 week...
- The usefulness of transesophageal echocardiography during intraoperative cardiac arrest in noncardiac surgeryStavros G Memtsoudis
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Anesth Analg 102:1653-7. 2006..hemodynamic disturbances are classified as a category I indication for the intraoperative use of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)...
- Transesophageal echocardiography in comparison with magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of pulmonary vein stenosis after radiofrequency ablation therapyNikolaus Jander
Herz Zentrum, Bad Krozingen, Germany
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:654-9. 2005Doppler-derived flow velocity measured by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) may overestimate pulmonary vein stenosis...
- Hypopharyngeal perforation near-miss during transesophageal echocardiographyJonathan E Aviv
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York Presbyterian Hospital, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Laryngoscope 114:821-6. 2004The traditional blind passage of a transesophageal echocardiography probe transorally through the hypopharynx is considered safe...
- Usefulness of transesophageal echocardiography using a combined probe when converting atrial fibrillation to sinus rhythmMarcoen F Scholten
Clinical Electrophysiology Unit, Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcentre, Erasmus Medical Centre, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 94:470-3. 2004We studied the feasibility and efficacy of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) combined with transesophageal cardioversion (TEC)...
- Sepsis from insidious pacemaker infection and unsuspected tricuspid valve endocarditis: the importance of transesophageal echocardiography in guiding explantation strategySergey Belikov
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Comte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:505-7. 2005
- Usefulness of transesophageal echocardiography to diagnose perioperative pulmonary embolismPeter Rosenberger
J Clin Anesth 17:146-7; author reply 147. 2005
- Negative predictive value of multiplane transesophageal echocardiography in the diagnosis of infective endocarditisAngeline Law
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Echocardiogr 5:416-21. 2004The clinical implications of a negative multiplane transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) have not yet been reported...
- Diagnosis of patent foramen ovale with multiplane transesophageal echocardiography in adult cardiac surgical patientsJohn G Augoustides
Cardiothoracic Section, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 18:725-30. 2004To evaluate multiplane transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for detection of patent foramen ovale (PFO) and to compare multiplane TEE with visual inspection (VI) for PFO detection.
- Combined transesophageal echocardiography and transesophageal cardioversion probe: technical aspectsItzhak Kronzon
Charles anfd Rose Wohlstetter Noninvasive Cardiology laboratory, New York University School of Medicine, 560 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:213-5. 2005A probe assembly for simultaneous transesophageal echocardiography and transesophageal cardioversion has been developed. This probe allows cardioversion with the delivery of much lower energy than the standard external approach...
- The impact of transesophageal echocardiography on daily clinical practiceH P Kühl
Medical Clinic I, University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 5:455-68. 2004The development of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) almost 20 years ago has tremendously widened the diagnostic potential of cardiac ultrasound and has, without doubt, strongly improved our pathophysiological understanding of many ..
- Role of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography for diagnosing and managing pulmonary embolism in the perioperative periodPeter Rosenberger
Anesth Analg 100:292-3; author reply 293. 2005
- Benzocaine-induced methemoglobinemia: a potentially fatal complication of transesophageal echocardiographyRajesh Sachdeva
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Bridgeport Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, Bridgeport, Connecticut 06610, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 30:308-10. 2003..benzocaine-induced methemoglobinemia after the administration of benzocaine as premedication for transesophageal echocardiography. The use of intravenous methylene blue resolved the cyanosis in both patients...
- Transesophageal echocardiography for pulmonary embolectomyPeter Rosenberger
Ann Thorac Surg 79:1092-3; author reply 1093. 2005
- Utility of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography for diagnosis of pulmonary embolismPeter Rosenberger
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Anesth Analg 99:12-6. 2004Pulmonary embolism (PE) is associated with significant perioperative morbidity and mortality. Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) may permit direct visualization of PE or secondary signs of pulmonary artery (PA) obstruction...
- Transesophageal echocardiography-related complicationsGeneviève Côté
Department of Anesthesiology, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec H1T1C8, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:622-47. 2008The use of transesophageal echocardiography has increased over the past several years. It is generally considered a safe diagnostic and monitoring tool...
- The effect of electronic record keeping and transesophageal echocardiography on task distribution, workload, and vigilance during cardiac anesthesiaM B Weinger
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, USA
Anesthesiology 87:144-55; discussion 29A-30A. 1997..The impact on anesthesia residents' workload of the routine use of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) also was examined.
- Impact of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography on surgical decisions in 12,566 patients undergoing cardiac surgeryHolger K Eltzschig
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Tubingen University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 85:845-52. 2008The utility of intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for different types of cardiac surgical procedures has not been thoroughly investigated despite its increasing popularity...
- A novel view for visualizing a left pulmonary artery thromboembolus with intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyMartina Nowak
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Anesth 20:136-8. 2008Visualization of thromboembolic material in the pulmonary artery is often difficult on transesophageal echocardiography, especially in the left pulmonary artery, because of the position of the left main bronchus...
- The importance of transesophageal echocardiography in diagnosis of pericardial tamponade after cardiac surgeryYildirim Imren
Gazi University Medical Faculty, Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Ankara, Turkey
J Card Surg 23:450-3. 2008..In this study, we discuss the management and the diagnostic procedures of PCT...
- Recurrent cerebrovascular events associated with patent foramen ovale, atrial septal aneurysm, or bothJ L Mas
Department of Neurology, Sainte Anne Hospital, Paris V University, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 345:1740-6. 2001..We studied the risks of recurrent cerebrovascular events associated with these cardiac abnormalities...
- En face view of atrial septal defect by two-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography: comparison to real-time three-dimensional transesophageal echocardiographyXinsheng Huang
Cardiovascular Institute, General Hospital and Academy of Medical Sciences of Guangdong Province, Guangzhou, China
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:714-21. 2010..The purpose of this study was to develop a special 2D TTE-based en face view of ASDs...
- Diagnostic accuracy of cardiac 64-slice computed tomography in detecting atrial thrombi. Comparative study with transesophageal echocardiography and cardiac surgeryGudrun M Feuchtner
Clinical Department of Radiology II, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Invest Radiol 43:794-801. 2008..Objective of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of 64-slice cardiac computed tomography (CT) for detection of atrial thrombi in comparison with transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and cardiac surgery.
- Outcome of mild periprosthetic regurgitation detected by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographyD J O'Rourke
Section of Cardiology, Veterans Affairs Hospital, White River Junction, Vermont, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:163-6. 2001The goal of this study was to determine the outcome of trivial or mild periprosthetic regurgitation (PPR) identified by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Value of augmented reality-enhanced transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for determining optimal annuloplasty ring size during mitral valve repairJoerg Ender
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine II, Leipzig Heart Center, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 86:1473-8. 2008..This study compared augmented reality-enhanced three-dimensional (3D) transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for determining MV annuloplasty size with conventional surgical sizing.
- Mitral Valve Dynamic Analysis And Potential Clinical ApplicationsHyunggun Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..To this end, we will;1) develop an integrated modeling platform to create a virtual MV model from 3-D transesophageal echocardiography for computational simulation and analysis;2) determine the consequences of geometric alterations of ..
- PATENT FORAMEN OVALE IN CRYPTOGENIC STROKEShunichi Homma; Fiscal Year: 2000..used WARSS structure in identifying cryptogenic stroke patients who will be solicited to undergo transesophageal echocardiography (TE) for PFO characterization...
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction in the ElderlyTerri Monk; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will use magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), transesophageal echocardiography, and transcranial doppler monitoring to identify the mechanisms and sites of cerebral injury during ..
- MINIATURIZED 6D POSITION LOCATOR FOR MEDICAL IMAGINGERNEST BLOOD; Fiscal Year: 1992..In pursuit of this goal, researchers at the University of Washington have built a probe for 3-D transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) and completed a number of investigations with it...
- AGING AND PERIOPERATIVE OUTCOMESJACQUELINE LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study aims to determine if left atrial dysfunction as measured by intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography provides incremental value in predicting the occurrence of postoperative atrial fibrillation when ..
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our published data demonstrate that: 1) Libman-Sacks orthrombotic vegetations are detected by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in 35% of SLE patients;and 2) NPSLE affects 60% of patients...
- Thrombophilia In Cryptogenic Stroke (THICK) StudyJORGE KIZER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Interactions among thrombophilias, thrombophilias and traditional cardiovascular risk factors, and thrombophilias and other potential cardiac sources of embolism will also be investigated. ..
- Aortic, Cardiovascular Disease and Silent Brain InfarctsMarco Di Tullio; Fiscal Year: 2009..The present application will help fill gaps in knowledge on silent brain infarcts and their risk factors in the elderly, and identify subjects at higher risk before a symptomatic stroke or other vascular event occurs. ..
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC STROKE PREDICTORS IN A TRI-ETHNIC COMMMarco Di Tullio; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will be the first prospective cohort study to evaluate the role of multiple echocardiographic risk factors for ischemic stroke in a community of whites, blacks and Hispanics living in the same area. ..
- Harvard Planning Grant for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardDaniel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe our planning process is specific, innovative yet disciplined, and should be robust. A full and competitive CTSA application will be produced in a timely manner. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High Dose Erythropoetin Neuroprotection Trial for Neonatal Cardiac SurgeryDean Andropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will show if babies that are given erythropoetin have fewer delays in development than babies that do not receive the drug. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ANTICOAGULATION IN ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONDaniel Singer; Fiscal Year: 2005..In all, continued study of our cohort will efficiently provide powerful insights into optimizing stroke prevention strategies for the many older Americans with AF. ..
- Role of IGF-1 In Diastolic Dysfunction of AgingLeanne Groban; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the groundwork for future studies examining how IGF-1 signaling may modulate the programming and gene expression of the senescent myocardium. ..
- BRAIN ISCHEMIA AND AORTIC ATHEROMATA IN A POPULATIONGEORGE PETTY; Fiscal Year: 2001..The investigators state that the study will also determine if clinical trials aimed at primary and secondary stroke prevention in these patients are warranted, and if so, assist in their design. ..
- Nanoparticles for Molecular MRI of AtherosclerosisZahi Fayad; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide the basis for future advances in experimental studies of atherosclerogenesis and new clinical applications of non-invasive, in vivo MR imaging of atherosclerotic lesions. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Bradykinin Receptor Antagonism During Cardiopulmonary BypassMias Pretorius; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies promise to provide important information regarding the effects of drugs that interrupt the RAS and generate new strategies to reduce morbidity in patients undergoing CPB. ..
- Cardiac MDCT for Early Triage of Patients with ACSUdo Hoffmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- EARLY DETERMINATION OF STROKE SUBTYPE: CT ANGIOGRAPHYScott Kasner; Fiscal Year: 2003..This approach will, for the first time, formally evaluate CTA as a tool for early stroke diagnosis and selection of patients with specific stroke mechanisms for specific mechanism-directed stroke therapies. ..
- PROGRESSION OF AORTIC ATHEROMA IN STROKE/TIA PATIENTSSouvik Sen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Study Design and Methodology: This is a prospective blinded 12 month longitudinal sequential Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE) study of patients with recent stroke/TIA...
- Myocardial Fibrosis in Heart Failure in the ElderlyEddy Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to improving prediction of outcome of HF in elderly, the findings of this research may aid in designing clinical trials of treatment and prevention targeted to myocardial fibrosis. ..
- Training in Cancer Imaging with Novel TechniquesAbass Alavi; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will enable the Department of Radiology to increase the number of young clinical investigators and research scientists committed to excellence in academic oncology research using imaging technology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Senescense and cerebral oxygenation with acute anemiaThomas Floyd; Fiscal Year: 2005..We propose to study the effect of AIA on cerebral oxygenation and cognition in young and aged spontaneously hypertensive rats. ..
- Ventricular Size and Valve Calcification Measures by CTMatthew J Budoff; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Functional MR in Ischemic CardiomyopathyPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal aims to fill these gaps by defining the mechanism(s) of functional MR by transesophageal echocardiography in a large clinical trial of patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy...
- Nanostructuring and Molecular Imaging of Engineered Cardiovascular TissuesJoseph Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..With a multi-disciplinary team approach, we are confident that these combined efforts will accelerate the translation of nanotechnology-based tissue engineering to the clinical arena in the future. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Cardiac Cell TransplantationJoseph Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal is to use molecular imaging to guide stem cell therapy, which should translate into transplant protocols that are more reproducible, quantifiable, and beneficial. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN-II BLOCKADE IN MITRAL REGURGITATIONMaurice Enriquez Sarano; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this clinical trial should provide strong evidence regarding medical treatment of patients with organic MR and define future strategies to minimize mortality and morbidity of organic MR. ..