Genomes and Genes
Summary: Measurement of intracardiac blood flow using an M-mode and/or two-dimensional (2-D) echocardiogram while simultaneously recording the spectrum of the audible Doppler signal (e.g., velocity, direction, amplitude, intensity, timing) reflected from the moving column of red blood cells.
Publications348 found, 100 shown here
- How to diagnose diastolic heart failure: a consensus statement on the diagnosis of heart failure with normal left ventricular ejection fraction by the Heart Failure and Echocardiography Associations of the European Society of CardiologyWalter J Paulus
Laboratory of Physiology, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat, 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 28:2539-50. 2007..The updated strategies for the diagnosis and exclusion of HFNEF are useful not only for individual patient management but also for patient recruitment in future clinical trials exploring therapies for HFNEF...
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- Noninvasive estimation of left ventricular filling pressure by E/e' is a powerful predictor of survival after acute myocardial infarctionGraham S Hillis
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:360-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the prognostic value of a noninvasive measure of left ventricular diastolic pressure (LVDP) early after acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Accuracy of Doppler echocardiography in the hemodynamic assessment of pulmonary hypertensionMicah R Fisher
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:615-21. 2009Transthoracic Doppler echocardiography is recommended for screening for the presence of pulmonary hypertension (PH)...
- Noninvasive assessment of cardiac index in healthy volunteers: a comparison between thoracic impedance cardiography and Doppler echocardiographyJean Luc Fellahi
Service d Anesthesie Reanimation, Centre Hospitalier Privé Saint Martin, Caen Cedex 4, France
Anesth Analg 108:1553-9. 2009..In the present study, we compared cardiac index (CI) measurements with ICG (Niccomo device) and transthoracic Doppler echocardiography in resting healthy volunteers undergoing hemodynamic load challenge.
- Insulin resistance and inflammatory activation in older patients with systolic and diastolic heart failureN Wisniacki
Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Heart 91:32-7. 2005..To evaluate insulin resistance and systemic inflammation in older patients with systolic (SHF) or diastolic heart failure (DHF)...
- Noninvasive assessment of coronary flow velocity and coronary flow velocity reserve in the left anterior descending coronary artery by Doppler echocardiography: comparison with invasive techniqueT Hozumi
Division of Cardiology, Kobe General Hospital, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:1251-9. 1998The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether transthoracic Doppler echocardiography (TTDE) can reliably measure coronary flow velocity (CFV) and coronary flow velocity reserve (CFVR) in the left anterior descending coronary artery (..
- Doppler tissue imaging: a noninvasive technique for evaluation of left ventricular relaxation and estimation of filling pressuresS F Nagueh
Baylor College of Medicine and Department of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 30:1527-33. 1997....
- Diastolic dysfunction and left atrial volume: a population-based studyAllison M Pritchett
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:87-92. 2005..We examined the association between diastolic function and left atrial volume indexed to body surface area (LAVi) in a population-based study...
- Left atrial strain measured by two-dimensional speckle tracking represents a new tool to evaluate left atrial functionRoberto M Saraiva
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:172-80. 2010..To assess its potential value, the authors addressed whether LA epsilon and SR measured in normal subjects correlates with other Doppler echocardiographic parameters that evaluate LA function and left ventricular function...
- Novel approach to measure myocardial performance index: pulsed-wave tissue Doppler echocardiographyTarkan Tekten
Department of Cardiology Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Adnan Menderes University School of Medicine, Aydin, Turkey
Echocardiography 20:503-10. 2003..of this study was to compare the MPI obtained by pulse Doppler method with the MPI obtained by tissue Doppler echocardiography (TDE) in normal subjects and patients with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCMP)...
- Tissue Doppler echocardiography in persons with hypertension, diabetes, or ischaemic heart disease: the Copenhagen City Heart StudyRasmus Mogelvang
Copenhagen City Heart Study, Epidemiological Research Unit, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur Heart J 30:731-9. 2009..To test the hypothesis that echocardiographic tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) reveals reduced myocardial function in hypertension, diabetes, and ischaemic heart disease (IHD) in the general population...
- Practical value of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging for clinical quantification of aortic valve stenosis: comparison with echocardiographyShelton D Caruthers
Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Laboratories, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circulation 108:2236-43. 2003....
- The prognostic value of pulmonary vascular capacitance determined by Doppler echocardiography in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionSrijoy Mahapatra
Division of Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:1045-50. 2006We sought to determine if a novel measurement of pulmonary vascular (PV) capacitance (PVCAP) by Doppler echocardiography predicts all-cause mortality in patients with primary pulmonary arterial (PA) hypertension (PPAH).
- Quantitative determinants of the outcome of asymptomatic mitral regurgitationMaurice Enriquez-Sarano
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 352:875-83. 2005..The clinical outcome of asymptomatic mitral regurgitation is poorly defined, and the treatment is uncertain. We studied the effect on the outcome of quantifying mitral regurgitation according to recent guidelines...
- Two-dimensional strain--a Doppler-independent ultrasound method for quantitation of regional deformation: validation in vitro and in vivoJosef Korinek
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1247-53. 2005..We compared strains measured in vitro and in vivo by 2DSE with those obtained by sonomicrometry...
- Doppler myocardial imaging to evaluate the effectiveness of pacing sites in patients receiving biventricular pacingGerardo Ansalone
Department of Heart Diseases, San Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:489-99. 2002..The goal of this study was to compare the efficacy of biventricular pacing (BIV) at the most delayed wall of the left ventricle (LV) and at other LV walls...
- Left ventricular filling pressure by Doppler echocardiography in patients with end-stage renal diseaseAngela Y M Wang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Hypertension 52:107-14. 2008..Our data suggest that left ventricular filling pressure should be estimated during echocardiographic examination for additional prognostication in patients with end-stage renal disease...
- A meta-analysis of studies using bias and precision statistics to compare cardiac output measurement techniquesL A Critchley
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Clin Monit Comput 15:85-91. 1999..Bias and precision statistics have succeeded regression analysis when measurement techniques are compared. However, when applied to cardiac output measurements, inconsistencies occur in reporting the results of this form of analysis...
- Respiratory changes in inferior vena cava diameter are helpful in predicting fluid responsiveness in ventilated septic patientsChristophe Barbier
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital St Germain en Laye, 20 rue Armagis, 78100 St Germain en Laye, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1740-6. 2004..To evaluate the extent to which respiratory changes in inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter can be used to predict fluid responsiveness...
- Effect of cardiac resynchronization therapy on left ventricular size and function in chronic heart failureMartin G St John Sutton
Division of Cardiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Circulation 107:1985-90. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to determine whether improvements in left ventricular (LV) size and function were associated with CRT...
- Hemodynamic assessment of critically ill patients using echocardiography DopplerPhilippe Vignon
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, Limoges, France
Curr Opin Crit Care 11:227-34. 2005..Advantages and diagnostic yield of transesophageal echocardiography in this setting are particularly relevant when considering limitations and questioned prognostic impact of pulmonary artery catheterization...
- Left atrial volume: a powerful predictor of survival after acute myocardial infarctionJacob E Moller
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Circulation 107:2207-12. 2003After acute myocardial infarction (AMI), diastolic function assessed by Doppler echocardiography provides important prognostic information that is incremental to systolic function...
- Doppler-derived myocardial systolic strain rate is a strong index of left ventricular contractilityNeil L Greenberg
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio OH 44195, USA
Circulation 105:99-105. 2002..Strain rate can be estimated as the spatial derivative of velocities (dV/ds) obtained by tissue Doppler echocardiography (TDE)...
- Mechanical function of the left atrium: new insights based on analysis of pressure-volume relations and Doppler echocardiographyPaul S Pagel
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Anesthesiology 98:975-94. 2003
- Coronary artery flow velocity profile measured by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography predicts myocardial viability after acute myocardial infarctionAntti Saraste
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Turku University Hospital, Kiinamyllynkatu 6 8, 20520 Turku, Finland
Heart 93:456-7. 2007..study whether flow velocity profile in the left anterior descending coronary artery (LAD) measured by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography (TTDE) predicts myocardial viability after reperfused anterior acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Prevalence of pulmonary hypertension evaluated by Doppler echocardiography in a population of adolescent and adult patients with cystic fibrosisPaula Maria Eidt Rovedder
Methodist University Center Instituto Porto Alegre IPA, Porto Alegre Institute Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 34:83-90. 2008....
- Doppler myocardial imaging compared to standard two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography for assessment of diastolic function in patients with systemic amyloidosisGhormallah B Al-Zahrani
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:290-8. 2009....
- Pulmonary venous flow assessed by Doppler echocardiography in the management of atrial fibrillationAndreas Bollmann
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Magdeburg, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Echocardiography 24:430-5. 2007Pulmonary venous blood flow (PVF) visualized by Doppler echocardiography exhibits a pulsatile behavior, which is related to left atrial pressure and function, mitral valve function, and left ventricular compliance...
- Feasibility of measuring coronary flow velocity and reserve in the left anterior descending coronary artery by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography in a relatively obese American populationMasaaki Takeuchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Tane General Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Echocardiography 22:225-32. 2005Transthoracic Doppler echocardiography (TTDE) assessment of coronary flow velocity reserve (CFVR) has been validated in Asian and European centers...
- Relation of arterial stiffness to diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive heart diseaseP M Mottram
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Heart 91:1551-6. 2005..To examine the relation of arterial compliance to diastolic dysfunction in hypertensive patients with suspected diastolic heart failure (HF)...
- Tissue Doppler imaging provides incremental prognostic value in patients with systemic hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophyMei Wang
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Hypertens 23:183-91. 2005..We sought to determine the prognostic value of left ventricular (LV) mitral annular velocities measured by tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) in hypertensive patients with echocardiographic evidence of LV hypertrophy...
- Differentiation between pathologic and physiologic left ventricular hypertrophy by tissue Doppler assessment of long-axis function in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or systemic hypertension and in athletesD Vinereanu
Wales Heart Research Institute, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 88:53-8. 2001..The peak velocities of mitral annular motion at 4 sites were measured from the apex by tissue Doppler echocardiography. There were no differences in mean age and global ejection fraction between groups...
- Cardiac involvement in systemic sclerosis assessed by tissue-doppler echocardiography during routine care: A controlled study of 100 consecutive patientsChristophe Meune
Hopital Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Arthritis Rheum 58:1803-9. 2008..To assess the prevalence of primary cardiac complications in a large population of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc), using recently developed echocardiographic techniques...
- Is Doppler tissue velocity during early left ventricular filling preload independent?F Yalcin
Department of Cardiology, Bakent University School of Medicine, Practice and Research Hospital, Adana, Turkey
Heart 87:336-9. 2002..Transmitral Doppler flow indices are used to evaluate diastolic function. Recently, velocities measured by Doppler tissue imaging have been used as an index of left ventricular relaxation...
- Strain imaging in echocardiography: methods and clinical applicationsGillian C Nesbitt
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 25:9-22. 2009..The considerable potentiality of imaging modalities for numerous cardiac conditions is thereby shown...
- Pulmonary venous flow by doppler echocardiography: revisited 12 years laterTomotsugu Tabata
Cardiovascular Imaging Center, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1243-50. 2003In 2003, pulmonary venous flow (PVF) evaluation by Doppler echocardiography is being used daily in clinical practice. Twelve years ago, we reviewed the potential uses of PVF in various conditions...
- Assessment of diastolic function with Doppler tissue imaging to predict genotype in preclinical hypertrophic cardiomyopathyCarolyn Y Ho
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 105:2992-7. 2002..Altered diastolic function has been hypothesized to represent an earlier manifestation of HCM before the development of LVH; however, data regarding the clinical utility of imaging techniques that assess this parameter are limited...
- Validation of a new noninvasive method (contrast-enhanced transthoracic second harmonic echo Doppler) for the evaluation of coronary flow reserve: comparison with intracoronary Doppler flow wireC Caiati
Division of Cardiology, S Maugeri Foundation, IRCCS Medical Center of Rehabilitation, Cassano Murge, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 34:1193-200. 1999....
- Echocardiographic assessment of pulmonary hypertension in patients with advanced lung diseaseSelim M Arcasoy
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:735-40. 2003b>Doppler echocardiography is commonly used to estimate systolic pulmonary artery pressure and to diagnose pulmonary hypertension, but data relating to its utility in patients with advanced lung disease are limited...
- Deformation imaging describes right ventricular function better than longitudinal displacement of the tricuspid ringS Giusca
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Heart 96:281-8. 2010..To quantify right ventricular (RV) function in patients with chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) before and after pulmonary endarterectomy (PEA)...
- Influence of age on assessment of diastolic function by Doppler tissue imagingDennis A Tighe
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:254-7. 2003
- Subclinical right ventricular dysfunction in cystic fibrosis. A study using tissue Doppler echocardiographyA A Ionescu
Section of Respiratory Medicine and Department of Cardiology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 163:1212-8. 2001..We hypothesized that such patients might have subclinical RV dysfunction, detectable by tissue Doppler echocardiography, and related to the severity of lung disease...
- Utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of diastolic function in heart failure with normal ejection fraction: a comparative Doppler-conductance catheterization studyMario Kasner
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Circulation 116:637-47. 2007....
- Systolic and diastolic heart failure in the communityFrancesca Bursi
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
JAMA 296:2209-16. 2006..Further, diastolic function is seldom systematically assessed based on standardized techniques...
- Longitudinal ventricular function: normal values of atrioventricular annular and myocardial velocities measured with quantitative two-dimensional color Doppler tissue imagingNikolay P Nikitin
Department of Cardiology, University of Hull School of Medicine, Cottingham, Kingston upon Hull, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:906-21. 2003..The aim of this study was to obtain normal values for atrioventricular annular and regional myocardial velocities using this method...
- Global diastolic strain rate for the assessment of left ventricular relaxation and filling pressuresJianwen Wang
Department of Cardiology and Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 115:1376-83. 2007..Mitral early diastolic velocity (E)/SR ratio during the isovolumetric relaxation (IVR) period can be used to estimate LV filling pressures...
- Optimal noninvasive assessment of left ventricular filling pressures: a comparison of tissue Doppler echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with pulmonary artery cathetersHisham Dokainish
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 109:2432-9. 2004....
- Cut-off value of coronary flow velocity reserve by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography for diagnosis of significant left anterior descending artery stenosis in patients with coronary risk factorsYoshiki Matsumura
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Osaka City University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Am J Cardiol 92:1389-93. 2003..was to evaluate the adequate cut-off value of coronary flow velocity reserve (CFVR) with transthoracic Doppler echocardiography for diagnoses of significant left anterior descending (LAD) artery stenosis in a large study population ..
- Tricuspid annular displacement predicts survival in pulmonary hypertensionPaul R Forfia
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Asthma and Allergy Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 174:1034-41. 2006..Right ventricular (RV) function is an important determinant of prognosis in pulmonary hypertension. However, noninvasive assessment of the RV function is often limited by complex geometry and poor endocardial definition...
- Acute changes in systolic and diastolic events during clinical coronary angioplasty: a comparison of regional velocity, strain rate, and strain measurementTomasz Kukulski
Department of Cardiology, Gasthuisberg Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1-12. 2002..The quantitation of regional deformation rather than motion would appear to be more appropriate in detecting and quantifying acute ischemic changes in myocardial function, especially in segments with pre-existing abnormal function...
- Noninvasive estimation of pulmonary vascular resistance in pulmonary hypertensionNavin Rajagopalan
Cardiovascular Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Echocardiography 26:489-94. 2009Determination of pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) in patients with suspected or known pulmonary hypertension (PH) requires right heart catheterization. Our purpose was to use Doppler echocardiography to estimate PVR in patients with PH.
- Clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of left ventricular filling pressures: A comparative simultaneous Doppler-catheterization studyS R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 102:1788-94. 2000BACKGROUND: Noninvasive assessment of diastolic filling by Doppler echocardiography provides important information about left ventricular (LV) status in selected subsets of patients...
- The prognostic impact of coronary flow-reserve assessed by Doppler echocardiography in non-ischaemic dilated cardiomyopathyFausto Rigo
Cardiology Division, Umberto I Hospital, Mestre Venice, and Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Heart J 27:1319-23. 2006..The aim of the present study is to evaluate the prognostic value of Doppler echocardiographic-derived CFR in patients with DCM...
- Bicuspid aortic valve associated with aortic dilatation: a community-based studyVuyisile T Nkomo
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:351-6. 2003..An independent association of BAV and aortic dilatation in a community-based study has not been demonstrated...
- Reference values from M-mode and Doppler echocardiography for normal Syrian hamstersVera M C Salemi
Cardiomyopathies Unit, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Av Jandira 185 ap41B Moema, São Paulo 04080 000, Brazil
Eur J Echocardiogr 6:41-6. 2005..However, no reference range of echocardiographic values reflecting normal left ventricular (LV) function exists for hamsters. The purpose of this study was to provide one...
- Simvastatin induces regression of cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis and improves cardiac function in a transgenic rabbit model of human hypertrophic cardiomyopathyR Patel
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, The DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Circulation 104:317-24. 2001..kg(-1). d(-1)) for 12 weeks and included 12 nontransgenic controls. We performed 2D and Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging before and after treatment. Demographic data were similar among the groups...
- Current clinical applications of spectral tissue Doppler echocardiography (E/E' ratio) as a noninvasive surrogate for left ventricular diastolic pressures in the diagnosis of heart failure with preserved left ventricular systolic functionStephane Arques
Department of Cardiology, Aubagne Hospital, Aubagne, France
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 5:16. 2007..Comprehensive Doppler echocardiography is the single most useful diagnostic test recommended by the ESC and ACC/AHA guidelines for assessing ..
- A practical approach to the echocardiographic evaluation of diastolic functionSamer J Khouri
Division of Cardiology, Medical College of Ohio, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Room 1192, Toledo, OH 43614 2598, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:290-7. 2004..b>Doppler echocardiography has emerged as the principal clinical tool for the assessment of left ventricular diastolic function...
- Diastolic filling in human severe sepsis: an echocardiographic studyB Munt
University of British Columbia and Vancouver Hospital and Health Science Center, BC, Canada
Crit Care Med 26:1829-33. 1998..To determine if nonsurvivors have a more abnormal pattern of left ventricular relaxation than survivors with severe sepsis...
- Non-invasive assessment of cardiac output during exercise in healthy young humans: comparison between Modelflow method and Doppler echocardiography methodJ Sugawara
Institute for Human Science and Biomedical Engineering, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Physiol Scand 179:361-6. 2003..We tested the reliability of a non-invasive cardiac output estimation during submaximal exercise using the Modelflow method from finger arterial pressure waveforms collected by Portapres in healthy young humans...
- Noninvasive assessment of left ventricular force-frequency relationships using tissue Doppler-derived isovolumic acceleration: validation in an animal modelMichael Vogel
Cardiothoracic Unit, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, NHS Trust, London, UK
Circulation 107:1647-52. 2003..In this study, we assessed the usefulness of IVA to measure left ventricular (LV) contractile function and force-frequency relationships in an experimental preparation...
- Early detection of right ventricular systolic dysfunction by using myocardial acceleration during isovolumic contraction in patients with mitral stenosisYelda Tayyareci
Istanbul University, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:516-21. 2008....
- Left ventricular isovolumic flow sequence during sinus and paced rhythms: new insights from use of high-resolution Doppler and ultrasonic digital particle imaging velocimetryPartho P Sengupta
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:899-908. 2007..We sought to clarify the role of isovolumic intervals during a cardiac cycle by in vivo visualization of left ventricular (LV) intracavitary flow dynamics...
- Diastolic abnormalities as the first feature of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Dutch myosin-binding protein C founder mutationsMichelle Michels
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:58-64. 2009....
- A clinical approach to the assessment of left ventricular diastolic function by Doppler echocardiography: update 2003S R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55906, USA
Heart 89:iii18-23. 2003
- Assessment of left atrial appendage function with transthoracic tissue Doppler echocardiographySeth Uretsky
St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10019, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:363-71. 2009..A transthoracic echocardiographic (TTE) parameter that would stratify atrial fibrillation (AF) risk would be useful. Tissue Doppler imaging can quantify left atrial appendage contraction velocity (LAA A(M))...
- Combining tissue Doppler echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide in the evaluation of left ventricular filling pressures: review of the literature and clinical recommendationsHisham Dokainish
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Can J Cardiol 23:983-9. 2007..Taking into account the respective strengths and limitations of BNP and mitral E/Ea, algorithms combining them can be used to more accurately estimate LV filling pressures in patients presenting with dyspnea...
- Evaluation of left ventricular filling pressures by Doppler echocardiography in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: correlation with direct left atrial pressure measurement at cardiac catheterizationJeffrey B Geske
Mayo Clinic, Gonda 05 368, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 116:2702-8. 2007..This study compares Doppler echocardiographic estimates of filling pressures to direct measurements of left atrial pressure (LAP) via catheterization in 100 patients with HCM...
- Hemodynamic instability in sepsis: bedside assessment by Doppler echocardiographyAntoine Vieillard-Baron
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Ambroise Pare, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Boulogne, France
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:1270-6. 2003
- Improvement of cardiac function after haemodialysis. Quantitative evaluation by colour tissue velocity imagingShirley Yumi Hayashi
Division of Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1497-506. 2004..This new technique, which is less load dependent than conventional echocardiography, allows an objective quantitative assessment of myocardial contractility, contraction and relaxation...
- Effects of cardiac resynchronization therapy on coronary blood flow: evaluation by transthoracic Doppler echocardiographyCinzia Valzania
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Heart Fail 10:514-20. 2008..Relatively limited and conflicting data are available on the effects of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) on coronary blood flow (CBF)...
- Estimation of left ventricular filling pressure by use of Doppler echocardiography in healthy anesthetized dogs subjected to acute volume loadingKarsten E Schober
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210
Am J Vet Res 69:1034-49. 2008..To identify Doppler echocardiographic (DE) variables that correlate with left ventricular filling pressure (LVFP)...
- Regional diastolic function by tissue Doppler echocardiography in systemic sclerosis: correlation with clinical variablesEdoardo Rosato
Department of Clinical Immunology, Sapienza University of Rome, Viale dell Universita 37, 00185, Rome, Italy
Rheumatol Int 29:913-9. 2009..Linear correlation was observed between the extent of the diastolic abnormalities and the duration of disease. Longitudinal myocardial systolic velocities were significantly reduced in patients with abnormal e/a DTI...
- Normal patterns of flow in the superior caval, hepatic and pulmonary veins as measured using Doppler echocardiography during childhoodCanan Ayabakan
Hacettepe University, Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Cardiol Young 13:143-51. 2003..therefore, was to characterize measurements of superior caval, hepatic, and pulmonary venous flow using Doppler echocardiography in a large group of normal children to reflect the effects of age, body mass index, sex, heart rate and ..
- Exercise Doppler echocardiography identifies preclinic asymptomatic pulmonary hypertension in systemic sclerosisAlberto Pignone
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1108:291-304. 2007..Patients underwent rest and exercise two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiography by supine cycloergometer...
- Usefulness of echocardiography and doppler echocardiography in endomyocardial fibrosisC S Berensztein
Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 13:385-92. 2000Our goal was to demonstrate the usefulness of echocardiography and cardiac Doppler echocardiography (echo-Doppler) in the diagnosis of endomyocardial fibrosis, an unusual restrictive cardiomyopathy in Argentina.
- Doppler echocardiography reliably predicts pulmonary artery wedge pressure in patients with chronic heart failure even when atrial fibrillation is presentE Traversi
Department of Cardiology, Montescano Medical Center, S Maugeri Foundation Montescano, Pavia, Italy
Eur J Heart Fail 3:173-81. 2001..When atrial fibrillation is present the non-invasive prediction of PAWP by Doppler echocardiography is generally considered to be not reliable.
- B-type natriuretic peptide and echocardiographic determination of ejection fraction in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure in patients with acute dyspneaPhilippe Gabriel Steg
Cardiology, Hopital Bichat Claude Bernard, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75877 Paris Cedex 18, France
Chest 128:21-9. 2005..Echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) are diagnostic tests for congestive heart failure (CHF), but an emergency diagnosis can be difficult...
- Correlation of echo-Doppler optimization of atrioventricular delay in cardiac resynchronization therapy with invasive hemodynamics in patients with heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyAnnemieke H M Jansen
Department of Cardiology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 97:552-7. 2006..35). In conclusion, to obtain the optimal acute hemodynamic benefit of CRT, Doppler echocardiography is a reliable tool to optimize the AV delay compared with the invasive LV dP/dt(max)...
- Correlation between left ventricular end-diastolic pressure and peak left atrial wall strain during left ventricular systoleKazuaki Wakami
Department of Cardio Renal Medicine and Hypertension, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:847-51. 2009..This study investigates the effect of LV end-diastolic pressure on LA wall tension during LV systole...
- Assessment of atrial conduction time by tissue Doppler echocardiography and P-wave dispersion in patients with mitral annulus calcificationHasan Pekdemir
Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
J Electrocardiol 43:339-43. 2010..PWD) and electromechanical coupling measured with the surface electrocardiogram and the tissue Doppler echocardiography. Fifty-nine patients with MAC and 43 control subjects underwent resting the surface electrocardiogram and ..
- Tissue Doppler echocardiography in evaluation of cardiac effects of subclinical hypothyroidismHuseyin Arinc
Department of Cardiology, Izzet Baysal Medical Faculty, Bolu, Turkey
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 22:177-86. 2006..Tissue Doppler echocardiography (TDE) is a new and powerful method in evaluation of both regional and global systolic or diastolic ..
- Strain rate measurement by doppler echocardiography allows improved assessment of myocardial viability inpatients with depressed left ventricular functionRainer Hoffmann
Medical Clinic I, University Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:443-9. 2002..This study sought to evaluate whether objective assessment of the myocardial functional reserve, using strain rate imaging (SRI), allows accurate detection of viable myocardium...
- Assessment of left ventricular functions by tissue Doppler echocardiography in patients with Cushing's diseaseN A Bayram
Department of Cardiology, Ankara Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Endocrinol Invest 32:248-52. 2009....
- Characterizing vortex ring behavior during ventricular filling with Doppler echocardiography: an in vitro studyJason Cooke
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 32:245-56. 2004..We conclude that CMM imaging, while limited in measuring absolute velocities, can be utilized to assess inflow vortex ring properties, and thereby provide useful information on diastolic function...
- Effects of cardiopulmonary bypass surgery on coronary flow in children assessed with transthoracic Doppler echocardiographyElhadi H Aburawi
Division of Pediatric Cardiology Department of Pediatrics, Lund University Hospital, Getingvägen, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1138-43. 2007..designed to assess the impact of cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) surgery on CF by aid of transthoracic Doppler echocardiography. Changes in CF after off-pump coarctation surgery were also studied...
- Modern evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function using Doppler echocardiographyRuvin S Gabriel
Department of Cardiovascular Imaging, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk J1 5, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 11:231-8. 2009..b>Doppler echocardiography in combination with two-dimensional echocardiographic findings can assist the diagnosis of underlying ..
- Estimation of coronary flow velocity reserve using transthoracic Doppler echocardiography and cold pressor test might be useful for detecting of patients with variant anginaHui Jeong Hwang
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 150 713, Korea
Echocardiography 27:435-41. 2010....
- Effects of coil closure of patent ductus arteriosus on left anterior descending coronary artery blood flow using transthoracic Doppler echocardiographyKenji Harada
Department of Pediatrics, Ajkita University School of Medicine, Japan
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:659-63. 2004Transthoracic Doppler echocardiography provides noninvasive measurements of coronary blood flow in the left anterior descending coronary artery (LAD)...
- Tissue Doppler imaging for the diagnosis of coronary artery diseaseOtto A Smiseth
Department of Cardiology, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Curr Opin Cardiol 19:421-9. 2004..Tissue Doppler imaging (TDI) is a diagnostic method that provides quantitative data about myocardial function. The present review discusses the most recent developments in the application of TDI in coronary artery disease...
- Tissue Doppler echocardiography for predicting arterial stiffness assessed by cardio-ankle vascular indexHisashi Masugata
Department of Integrated Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kagawa, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 217:139-46. 2009It has been reported that left ventricular (LV) diastolic functional parameters assessed by conventional Doppler echocardiography, which measures blood flow velocities in cardiac cavity, correlate with arterial stiffness assessed by the ..
- Tissue Doppler imaging for evaluation of myocardial function in patients with diabetes mellitusThomas H Marwick
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Aprincess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Curr Opin Cardiol 19:442-6. 2004..The purpose of this review is to examine recent advances in the application of tissue Doppler imaging for the assessment of diabetic heart disease...
- Myocardial performance index in female rats with myocardial infarction: relationship with ventricular function parameters by Doppler echocardiographyAlexandre Ferreira Cury
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Department of Cardiology Medicine of Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Brazil
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:454-60. 2005....
- Tissue motion imaging of the left ventricle--quantification of myocardial strain, velocity, acceleration and displacement in a single imageCamilla Storaa
Division of Medical Engineering, Karolinska Institutet, Novum F60, SE 14186 Huddinge, Sweden
Eur J Echocardiogr 5:375-85. 2004....
- The impact of marathon running upon ventricular function as assessed by 2D, Doppler, and tissue-Doppler echocardiographyDavid Oxborough
Cardiac Ultrasound Department, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
Echocardiography 23:635-41. 2006..Conversely, a reduction in diastolic function was observed in both ventricles for which a mechanism has yet to be deduced...
- Evaluation of longitudinal ventricular function with tissue Doppler echocardiography in children treated with anthracyclinesGary E Stapleton
Department of Pediatrics at Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:492-7. 2007
- Myocardial contraction properties along the long and short axes of the left ventricle in isolated left ventricular non-compaction: pulsed tissue Doppler echocardiographyOmac Tufekcioglu
Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:344-50. 2008..Our objective was to evaluate regional systolic myocardial contraction properties along the long and short axes of the left ventricle (LV) in patients with isolated LV non-compaction (IVNC)...
- Non-invasive assessment of ventricular force-frequency relations in the univentricular circulation by tissue Doppler echocardiography: a novel method of assessing myocardial performance in congenital heart diseaseM M H Cheung
Division of Cardiology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X8, Canada
Heart 91:1338-42. 2005....
- Doppler echocardiography flow-velocity image analysis for patients with atrial fibrillationHayit Greenspan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Ultrasound Med Biol 31:1031-40. 2005Currently, Doppler echocardiography analysis is performed manually...
- Persistence, up to 18 months of follow-up, of epirubicin-induced myocardial dysfunction detected early by serial tissue Doppler echocardiography: correlation with inflammatory and oxidative stress markersGiovanni Mantovani
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Cagliari, Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
Oncologist 13:1296-305. 2008..The clinical meaningfulness of our findings warrants further investigations on a larger number of patients for a longer period of follow-up...
- ANGIOTENSIN-II BLOCKADE IN MITRAL REGURGITATIONMaurice Enriquez Sarano; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this clinical trial should provide strong evidence regarding medical treatment of patients with organic MR and define future strategies to minimize mortality and morbidity of organic MR. ..
- Aldosterone Action In The Brain, Hypertension and InflammationELISE PEERY GOMEZ-SANCHEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding under what combination of circumstances activation of the mineralocorticoid receptor in the brain results in heart, vessel and kidney disease is important to develop specific prevention and treatment strategies. ..
- Endogenous Cardiac Glycosides in AASKBrad C Astor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Participants underwent numerous clinic visits, tissue Doppler echocardiography, and 240hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring...
- Pediatric Heart Network North Carolina ConsortiumJennifer S Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..1) quality of life, assessed by validated measures;2) ventricular filling parameters, assessed by tissue Doppler echocardiography;3) amount of myocardial scarring assessed by MRI;4) neurohormonal activation, BNP;biomarkers of collagen ..
- Examining the Effects of High Protein Diet on Outcomes in Heart Failure PatientsLorraine S Evangelista; Fiscal Year: 2013..Weight, BMI, waist circumference, dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, 2D and Doppler echocardiography, cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing, six minute walk test, biochemical analyses (plasma lipid ..
- Aldosterone, nitric oxide, myocardial fibrosis, and capillary loss in ESRDDavid M Charytan; Fiscal Year: 2013..improves myocardial fibrosis and microvascular supply in individuals with ESRD as measured using tissue Doppler Echocardiography (TDI) and myocardial perfusion imaging (PET) scans, respectively;Aim 2) To test the hypothesis that L-..
- Exercise and TZD Effects on Myocardial Substrate Metabolism and Function in HIVWilliam Todd Cade; Fiscal Year: 2010..methodology and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging, ventricular function by standard 2-D and Doppler echocardiography, and peripheral substrate metabolism by stable-isotope tracer methodology and mass spectrometry...
- In-Vivo Electrophysiology ImagingBarry London; Fiscal Year: 2012..First, we will adapt the most common clinical imaging technique, two-dimensional doppler echocardiography, to detect electrical activity in real time...
- IDIOPATHIC DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHYVirginia Michels; Fiscal Year: 1991..will be obtained; these relatives will be studied by electrocardiography and M-mode, 2-dimensional, and Doppler echocardiography and will have levels of ANP determined...
- CALCITONIN GENE-RELATED PEPTIDE IN HYPERTENSIONGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2006..of these peptides, systemic and regional hemodynamics (via microspheres), and cardiac function (via Doppler echocardiography) will also be determined...
- SPATIO-TEMPORAL PERIODICITY IN ARTIAL FIBRILLATIONJOSE JALIFE; Fiscal Year: 2006..x channels caused by pacing induced, chronic AF in sheep and goat hearts. ECG and Doppler echocardiography will be used in vivo to monitor LA-vs-RA frequency differences; optical mapping will be conducted ex vivo ..
- LifeBelt CPR: Combined Thoracic and Sternal CompressionTHOMAS LACH; Fiscal Year: 2003..mechanism of blood flow will be assessed with pressure synchronized cine-angiography, transesophageal 2-D Doppler echocardiography, and high-fidelity hemodynamic measurements...
- MODEL BASED IMAGE PROCESSING IN DOPPLER ECHOCARDIOGRAPHYSandor Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 1999..The proposed research will identify physiologic DF parameters obtained by transmitral Doppler echocardiography, and verify them, by simultaneous left and right heart catheterization in subjects meeting inclusionary ..
- BLOOD PRESSURE CONTROL: RELATION TO BEHAVIORAL STRESSKathleen Light; Fiscal Year: 1993..It also includes an assessment of responses to treadmill exercise, and through Doppler echocardiography, comparisons of the relationships of blood pressure responses to physical stressors, lab mental stressors,..
- EXERCISE TRAINING IN OLDER HYPERTENSIVE MEN AND WOMENKerry Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2002..will be assessed using a new generation of noninvasive techniques including high resolution ultrasound, doppler echocardiography, and high resolution magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- AIDS-ASSOCIATED HEART DISEASE--INCIDENCE ETIOLOGYMelvin Cheitlin; Fiscal Year: 1992..study the incidence of abnormalities in HIV-positive male patients as detected by quantitative Doppler echocardiography. Group I - HIV seropositive, asymptomatic infection Group II- Hiv seropositive, persistent generalized ..
- FAMILY STUDY OF CONGENITAL CARDIOVASCULAR MALFORMATIONSJoann Boughman; Fiscal Year: 1992..on phenotypic data from nuclear family members obtained during clinical assessments and 2 dimensional and Doppler echocardiography, including M-mode measurements...
- MINORITY SCHOOL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT AWARDJANNET LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 1991..Specifically, M-mode, two dimensional and Doppler echocardiography will be performed in all patients to determine LV mass, systolic function and diastolic filling ..
- QUANTITATIVE CARDIAC PHYSIOLOGY IN CLINICAL CARDIOLOGYSandor Kovacs; Fiscal Year: 2004..Main themes of investigations include: diastolic function assessment by Doppler echocardiography via model-based image processing (MBIP); four chamber equilibrium volume determination by cardiac MRI; ..
- Inflammatory response to sleep apnea in obese subjectsJULIO ALONSO CHIRINOS MEDINA; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose that this study design will provide the best way to separate the independent effects of obesity and OSA on cardiovascular risk. ..
- COCAINE EXPOSED INFANTS--CARDIAC PROBLEMS AND OUTCOMESudhir Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, it is crucial to understand the natural history of the cardiovascular abnormalities before measures can be directed toward their treatment and prevention. ..
- COAGULATION ACTIVATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth I Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DISORDERED BLOOD COAGULATION IN SICKLE CELL DISEASEKenneth Ataga; Fiscal Year: 2006..e., is the "hypercoagulability" observed in patients with SCD a primary cause of the vasoocclusion or is it simply a secondary event that is observed in this clinical setting. ..
- Functional MR in Ischemic CardiomyopathyPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Despite its known clinical utility for assessing the mechanism and severity of MR, TEE is not currently included in STICH. ..
- Strain induced myopathy in post infarction heart failureJoseph Gorman; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHF TRIAL INVESTIGATING OUTCOMES OF EXERCISE TRAININGDalane Kitzman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Androgens and Myocardial Relaxation in the Aging HeartTheodore Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2008..Most importantly, potential direct clinical benefits of this research include early detection, improved and novel therapy, and better clinical outcomes for age-related diastolic dysfunction. ..
- Phase 2 Study of PEG-Intron in Hereditary Hemorrhagic T*Karen Swanson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Patients can die from refractory liver failure and heart failure. Patients with diffuse pulmonary involvement have significant hypoxemia and exercise tolerance may be affected with treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurohormonal Blockade and Outcomes in Diastolic Heart FailureAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study will examine the effect of neurohormonal blockade in propensity matched OPTIMIZE-HF participants with diastolic heart failure. ..
- Gender Influence in Mice with Myocardial InfarctionXiao Ping Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of Aldosterone in Cardiac RemodelingFlora Sam; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide new understanding of the mechanisms of aldosterone signaling in the pressure overload heart and will have direct relevance to a common cause of heart failure in patients. ..
- MCI & decisional capacity to provide informed consentAngela Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Diastolic Function in Hypertrophic CardiomyopathyCarolyn Ho; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such genotype-phenotype correlations have the potential to improve our ability to risk stratify and monitor patients, and may ultimately inspire noel approaches to management. ..
- Modulation of Cardiac Mechanics in AL AmyloidosisTheodore Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this research is to better understand the factors that influence the development of cardiac dysfunction in AL with the aim of optimizing treatment strategies to improve clinical outcomes in AL patients. ..
- Acuson Sequoia UltrasonographBrian Hoit; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Assessment of Vascular Function in Hypertensive ChildrenKaren McNiece; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Altered Myocardial Fatty Acid Metabolism in ObesityLinda Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information will form the basis for more targeted studies designed to elucidate the mechanisms responsible for these abnormalities and potentially result in significant clinical benefit for humans with AO. ..
- OXYGEN SENSING AND SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONH Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemiology and Impact of Hepatitis C in the CommunityW Ray Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiovascular disease and neurocognition in the elderlyAngela Jefferson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of IGF-1 In Diastolic Dysfunction of AgingLeanne Groban; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will provide the groundwork for future studies examining how IGF-1 signaling may modulate the programming and gene expression of the senescent myocardium. ..
- Lipid Kinetics During Acute Exercise in HIVWilliam Cade; Fiscal Year: 2004..Body composition will be examined using DEXA and 1H-MRI. Intra-myocellular and hepatic lipid content will be measured using 1H-MRS. ..
- Cyclic GMP And Ventricular Function In Heart FailureMARGARET REDFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC ASSESSMENT OF MICROVASCULAR PERFUSIONKevin Wei; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- STICH Trial-Echocardiographic Core LaboratoryJae Oh; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MICROSCOPIC CARDIAC MATERIAL PROPERTIES IN AGINGSamuel Wickline; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- SPECIFIC TISSUE TARGETED ULTRASONIC CONTRAST AGENTSamuel Wickline; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NON INVASIVE MRI OF HUMAN VULNERABLE PLAQUEValentin Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2001..Overall, the projects represent highly interactive efforts of experienced investigators who will develop new approaches to the vulnerable plaque using molecular biology, animal models, clinical investigation, and MRI. ..
- EXERCISE INTOLERANCE IN ELDERLY DIASTOLIC HEART FAILUREDalane Kitzman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Heart failure, chronic kidney disease, and renin-angiotensin system inhibitionAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CCM proteins and vascular MAPK signal transductionMichael Malone; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ULTRASONIC TISSUE CHARACTERIZATION OF CARDIAC REMODELINGSamuel Wickline; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..This may lead to further integration of rhythm and function assessments in the fetus using two different, yet complimentary technologies. ..
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will allow potentially life-threatening diseases, such as increased pressure in the liver, to be diagnosed early. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ISOLATED DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTIONMARGARET REDFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Myocardial Fibrosis in Heart Failure in the ElderlyEddy Barasch; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition to improving prediction of outcome of HF in elderly, the findings of this research may aid in designing clinical trials of treatment and prevention targeted to myocardial fibrosis. ..
- Identification of Disease Genes for Atrial FibrillationTimothy Olson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The long-term objectives of this work are to gain new insights into molecular mechanisms of arrhythmogenesis and to improve prediction, prevention, and treatment of AF. ..
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of AngiogenesisFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2004..If successful, this project will permit non-invasive ultrasound evaluations of anti-angiogenic tumor therapies in animals as well as humans. ..
- Transcription Regulation in the Aging HeartJeanne Y Wei; Fiscal Year: 2010....