Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ultrasonic recording of the size, motion, and composition of the heart and surrounding tissues. The standard approach is transthoracic.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH2
Publications350 found, 100 shown here
- Incidence and clinical significance of left ventricular thrombus in tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy assessed with echocardiographyD Haghi
I Medizinische Klinik, Universitätsklinikum Mannheim 68167 Mannheim, Germany
QJM 101:381-6. 2008..However, current literature almost exclusively consists of isolated case reports. The aim of this study was to determine the incidence and clinical significance of LV thrombus formation in TC...
- Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of EchocardiographRoberto M Lang
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 18:1440-63. 2005
- Recommendations for chamber quantificationRoberto M Lang
Med Klinik 2, Erlangen University, Ulmenweg 18, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Echocardiogr 7:79-108. 2006..mass and function ranks among the most clinically important and most frequently requested tasks of echocardiography. Over the last decades, echocardiographic methods and techniques have improved and expanded dramatically, due ..
- Obesity and the risk of heart failureSatish Kenchaiah
Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Mass 01702, USA
N Engl J Med 347:305-13. 2002..Extreme obesity is recognized to be a risk factor for heart failure. It is unclear whether overweight and lesser degrees of obesity also pose a risk...
- Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease: The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of CardiologyAlec Vahanian
Service de cardiologie, Hôpital Bichat AP HP, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 28:230-68. 2007
- Recommendations for evaluation of the severity of native valvular regurgitation with two-dimensional and Doppler echocardiographyWilliam A Zoghbi
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 16:777-802. 2003
- Assessment of myocardial mechanics using speckle tracking echocardiography: fundamentals and clinical applicationsHolly Geyer
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:351-69; quiz 453-5. 2010The authors summarize the recent developments in speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE), a relatively new technique that can be used in conjunction with two-dimensional or three-dimensional echocardiography for resolving the ..
- Transplantation of Progenitor Cells and Regeneration Enhancement in Acute Myocardial Infarction (TOPCARE-AMI)Birgit Assmus
Department of Molecular Cardiology, University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 106:3009-17. 2002..The safety and feasibility of autologous progenitor cell transplantation in patients with ischemic heart disease is unknown...
- Cardiomyocytes derived from human embryonic stem cells in pro-survival factors enhance function of infarcted rat heartsMichael A Laflamme
Center for Cardiovascular Biology, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, 815 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Nat Biotechnol 25:1015-24. 2007..The ability of hES cell-derived cardiomyocytes to partially remuscularize myocardial infarcts and attenuate heart failure encourages their study under conditions that closely match human disease...
- Diagnosis of arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy/dysplasia: proposed modification of the task force criteriaFrank I Marcus
University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz, USA
Circulation 121:1533-41. 2010..Consequently, the 1994 criteria were highly specific but lacked sensitivity for early and familial disease...
- Epicardial fat from echocardiography: a new method for visceral adipose tissue predictionGianluca Iacobellis
Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome Italy
Obes Res 11:304-10. 2003To validate transthoracic echocardiography as an easy and reliable imaging method for visceral adipose tissue (VAT) prediction. VAT is recognized as an important indicator of high cardiovascular and metabolic risk...
- Speckle-tracking echocardiography: a new technique for assessing myocardial functionSergio Mondillo
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Sienna, Siena, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 30:71-83. 2011Speckle-tracking echocardiography has recently emerged as a quantitative ultrasound technique for accurately evaluating myocardial function by analyzing the motion of speckles identified on routine 2-dimensional sonograms...
- Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis, and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart AssociationJane W Newburger
Pediatrics 114:1708-33. 2004..Coronary artery aneurysms or ectasia develop in approximately 15% to 25% of untreated children and may lead to ischemic heart disease or sudden death...
- American Society of Echocardiography recommendations for use of echocardiography in clinical trialsJohn S Gottdiener
University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:1086-119. 2004
- Adiponectin-mediated modulation of hypertrophic signals in the heartRei Shibata
Molecular Cardiology Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, W611, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Nat Med 10:1384-9. 2004..Adiponectin may have utility for the treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy associated with diabetes and other obesity-related diseases...
- Impact of diabetes on cardiac structure and function: the strong heart studyR B Devereux
New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center, New York, USA
Circulation 101:2271-6. 2000..Whether diabetes mellitus (DM) adversely affects left ventricular (LV) structure and function independently of increases in body mass index (BMI) and blood pressure is controversial...
- Detection of pulmonary hypertension with multidetector CT and echocardiography alone and in combinationAnand Devaraj
Department of Radiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London, SW3 6NP, England
Radiology 254:609-16. 2010..To test the reliability of potentially new computed tomographic (CT) indicators of pulmonary hypertension (PH) and to establish whether a combination of CT and echocardiographic measurements was more predictive of PH than either test alone...
- Subclinical left ventricular dysfunction in asymptomatic diabetic patients assessed by two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: correlation with diabetic durationHiromi Nakai
Second Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Eur J Echocardiogr 10:926-32. 2009..Subclinical left ventricular (LV) systolic dysfunction may be identified by a reduction in longitudinal function, which can be assessed using 2D speckle tracking echocardiography (STE).
- Noninvasive myocardial strain measurement by speckle tracking echocardiography: validation against sonomicrometry and tagged magnetic resonance imagingBrage H Amundsen
Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:789-93. 2006The aim of this study was to validate speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) as a method for angle-independent measurement of regional myocardial strain, using sonomicrometry and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tagging as reference ..
- Echocardiographic epicardial adipose tissue is related to anthropometric and clinical parameters of metabolic syndrome: a new indicator of cardiovascular riskGianluca Iacobellis
Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Sciences, La Sapienza University, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:5163-8. 2003..387; P = 0.03) were the strongest independent variables correlated with epicardial adipose tissue. Echocardiographic epicardial adipose tissue could be applied as an easy and reliable imaging indicator of VAT and cardiovascular risk...
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy: insights into pathogenesis, diagnostic challenges, and therapeutic optionsAshish Aneja
The Mount Sinai Cardiovascular Institute, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Med 121:748-57. 2008..Although glycemic control and early administration of neurohormonal antagonists remain the cornerstones of therapeutic approaches, newer treatment targets are currently being explored...
- Prognostic value of echocardiographically assessed right ventricular dysfunction in patients with pulmonary embolismMarije Ten Wolde
Department of Vascular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 164:1685-9. 2004..However, the prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction in these patients is still unclear...
- Infective endocarditis: diagnosis, antimicrobial therapy, and management of complications: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis, and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, Larry M Baddour
Circulation 111:e394-434. 2005..The continuing evolution of antimicrobial resistance among common pathogens that cause infective endocarditis creates additional therapeutic issues for physicians to manage in this potentially life-threatening illness...
- Speckle-tracking echocardiography correctly identifies segmental left ventricular dysfunction induced by scarring in a rat model of myocardial infarctionZoran B Popovic
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2809-16. 2007Speckle-tracking echocardiography (STE) uses a two-dimensional echocardiographic image to estimate two orthogonal strain components...
- Update on myocarditisIngrid Kindermann
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Kardiologie, Angiologie und Internistische Intensivmedizin, Kirrberger Strasse 1, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:779-92. 2012..Further investigations by controlled, randomized studies are needed to definitively determine their role in the treatment of myocarditis...
- Echocardiography screening for rheumatic heart disease in Ugandan schoolchildrenAndrea Beaton
Children s National Medical Center, Department of Cardiology, 111 Michigan Ave, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Circulation 125:3127-32. 2012..b>Echocardiography-based screening improves detection of RHD in endemic regions...
- Transthoracic echocardiography to rule out paroxysmal atrial fibrillation as a cause of stroke or transient ischemic attackRaoul Stahrenberg
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Stroke 42:3643-5. 2011We assessed whether echocardiography can predict paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (PAF) in patients with cerebral ischemia presenting in sinus rhythm.
- The conserved phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway determines heart size in miceT Shioi
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Departments of Medicine and Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
EMBO J 19:2537-48. 2000..Thus, the PI3K pathway is necessary and sufficient to promote organ growth in mammals...
- Epicardial fat: an additional measurement for subclinical atherosclerosis and cardiovascular risk stratification?Matthew R Nelson
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 24:339-45. 2011The value of epicardial adipose tissue (EAT) thickness as determined by echocardiography in cardiovascular risk assessment is not well understood...
- Echocardiographic assessment of cardiac function in diabetic db/db and transgenic db/db-hGLUT4 miceLisa M Semeniuk
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H976-82. 2002Control db/+ and diabetic db/db mice at 6 and 12 wk of age were subjected to echocardiography to determine whether contractile function was reduced in vivo and restored in transgenic db/db-human glucose transporter 4 (hGLUT4) mice (12 wk ..
- The inflammasome promotes adverse cardiac remodeling following acute myocardial infarction in the mouseEleonora Mezzaroma
VCU Pauley Heart Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:19725-30. 2011..Modulation of the inflammasome may therefore represent a unique therapeutic strategy to limit cell death and prevent heart failure after AMI...
- Cardiac remodeling in a rat model of diet-induced obesityAndré Soares Leopoldo
Department of Clinical and Cardiology, Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Can J Cardiol 26:423-9. 2010..Obesity also causes damage to myocardial ultrastructure, but its effect on myocardial function needs to be further clarified...
- Myocardial strain measurement with 2-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography: definition of normal rangeThomas H Marwick
University of Queensland, Department of Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:80-4. 2009The interpretation of wall motion is an important component of echocardiography but remains a source of variation between observers...
- Functional abnormalities in isolated left bundle branch block. The effect of interventricular asynchronyC L Grines
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus
Circulation 79:845-53. 1989..This loss of septal contribution resulted in a reduction in global ejection fraction in LBBB compared to normals (54 +/- 7% compared with 62 +/- 5%, p less than 0.005).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Diet-induced obesity causes metabolic, endocrine and cardiac alterations in spontaneously hypertensive ratsSilvio A Oliveira Junior
School of Physical Therapy, Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande, MS, Brazil
Med Sci Monit 16:BR367-73. 2010..The current study analyzed the influence of dietary-induced obesity on metabolic, endocrine, and cardiac characteristics in SHR...
- Alterations of left ventricular hypertrophy in and survival of patients receiving hemodialysis: follow-up of an interventional studyG M London
Service d Hemodialyse, Hôpital F H Manhès, Fleury Merogis, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2759-67. 2001..72 (95% confidence interval, 0.51 to 0.90) for mortality due to CV disease. These results show that a partial LVH regression in patients with ESRD had a favorable and independent effect on patients' all-cause and CV survival...
- Prevalence of left-ventricular systolic dysfunction and heart failure in the Echocardiographic Heart of England Screening study: a population based studyM Davies
Department of Cardiology, Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road, Selly Oak, West Midlands, UK
Lancet 358:439-44. 2001..We assessed patients by history and examination, electrocardiography, and echocardiography. Prevalence of left-ventricular systolic dysfunction (defined as ejection fraction <40%) and heart failure ..
- Mutations in Cypher/ZASP in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and left ventricular non-compactionMatteo Vatta
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:2014-27. 2003..We evaluated the role of Cypher/ZASP in the pathogenesis of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) with or without isolated non-compaction of the left ventricular myocardium (INLVM)...
- Left ventricular mass index increase in early renal disease: impact of decline in hemoglobinA Levin
Centre for Health Outcomes and Evaluation Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Am J Kidney Dis 34:125-34. 1999..Canadian cohort study identifies factors associated with LVG, measured using two-dimensional-targeted M-mode echocardiography. Eight centers enrolled 446 patients, 318 of whom had protocol-mandated clinical, laboratory, and ..
- Early identification of mutation carriers in familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy by combined echocardiography and tissue Doppler imagingEstelle Gandjbakhch
AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Departement de Cardiologie, Paris F 75013, France
Eur Heart J 31:1599-607. 2010..However, data are limited. We performed a systematic analysis of echocardiography, TDI, and electrocardiogram (ECG) in familial HCM to identify parameters associated with genetic status.
- Caveolin-3 knock-out mice develop a progressive cardiomyopathy and show hyperactivation of the p42/44 MAPK cascadeScott E Woodman
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Division of Hormone Dependent Tumor Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38988-97. 2002..hypertrophy, dilation, and reduced fractional shortening, as revealed by gated cardiac MRI and transthoracic echocardiography. Histological analysis reveals marked cardiac myocyte hypertrophy, with accompanying cellular infiltrates and ..
- Rheumatic heart disease screening by echocardiography: the inadequacy of World Health Organization criteria for optimizing the diagnosis of subclinical diseaseEloi Marijon
Universite Paris Descartes, AP HP, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, France
Circulation 120:663-8. 2009..We hypothesized that adding morphological features to diagnostic criteria might have significant consequences in terms of case detection rates...
- Prognostic value of right ventricular dysfunction in patients with haemodynamically stable pulmonary embolism: a systematic reviewOlivier Sanchez
Division of Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 75015 Paris, France
Eur Heart J 29:1569-77. 2008To determine the prognostic value of right ventricular (RV) dysfunction assessed by echocardiography or spiral computed tomography (CT), or by increased levels of cardiac biomarkers [troponin, brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and pro-BNP] ..
- Assessment of echocardiography and biomarkers for the extended prediction of cardiotoxicity in patients treated with anthracyclines, taxanes, and trastuzumabHeloisa Sawaya
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory and Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 5:596-603. 2012..The present study investigates whether early alterations of myocardial strain and blood biomarkers predict incident cardiotoxicity in patients with breast cancer during treatment with anthracyclines, taxanes, and trastuzumab...
- Two-dimensional strain-a novel software for real-time quantitative echocardiographic assessment of myocardial functionMarina Leitman
Cardiology Department, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Israel
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 17:1021-9. 2004..We sought to assess the feasibility of 2-dimensional strain, a novel software for real-time quantitative echocardiographic assessment of myocardial function...
- Two- and three-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography: clinical applications and future directionsMonodeep Biswas
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35249, USA
Echocardiography 30:88-105. 2013Two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography (2D STE) is a novel technique of cardiac imaging for quantifying complex cardiac motion based on frame-to-frame tracking of ultrasonic speckles in gray scale 2D images...
- Impact of arterial stiffening on left ventricular structureM J Roman
Division of Cardiology and the Hypertension Center, Department of Medicine, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY, USA
Hypertension 36:489-94. 2000..hundred seventy-six subjects (79 normotensive and 197 otherwise healthy hypertensive individuals) underwent echocardiography to assess left ventricular structure...
- American College of Chest Physicians/La Société de Réanimation de Langue Française statement on competence in critical care ultrasonographyPaul H Mayo
Department of Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, 410 Lakeville Road, New Hyde Park, NY 11140, USA
Chest 135:1050-60. 2009..To define competence in critical care ultrasonography (CCUS)...
- Left ventricular non-compaction revisited: a distinct phenotype with genetic heterogeneity?Erwin Oechslin
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Peter Munk Cardiac Centre, University Health Network Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur Heart J 32:1446-56. 2011....
- Echocardiographic parameters are independently associated with increased cardiovascular events in patients with chronic kidney diseaseSzu Chia Chen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 27:1064-70. 2012..The aim of this study is to assess whether echocardiographic parameters are independently associated with increased CV events in patients with CKD Stages 3-5...
- The respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter as a guide to fluid therapyMarc Feissel
Réanimation Médicale et Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier de Belfort, Belfort, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1834-7. 2004..To investigate whether the respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter (DeltaD(IVC)) could be related to fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients...
- Echocardiographic evaluation of left atrial size and function: current understanding, pathophysiologic correlates, and prognostic implicationsDominic Y Leung
Liverpool Hospital, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Am Heart J 156:1056-64. 2008..In addition, an overview of the implications and clinical relevance of the findings of an enlarged left atrium, from currently available literature, is presented...
- Diabetes related cardiomyopathy time dependent echocardiographic evaluation in an experimental rat modelM J Mihm
Division of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Life Sci 69:527-42. 2001..Furthermore, diastolic dysfunction precedes contractile abnormalities in the streptozotocin model, similar to events that occur in humans...
- Percutaneous implantation of the CoreValve self-expanding valve prosthesis in high-risk patients with aortic valve disease: the Siegburg first-in-man studyEberhard Grube
Department of Cardiology Angiology, HELIOS Heart Center Siegburg, Ringstrasse 49, 53721 Siegburg, Germany
Circulation 114:1616-24. 2006....
- Closed-chest cell injections into mouse myocardium guided by high-resolution echocardiographyMatthew L Springer
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0124, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1307-14. 2005..We describe the use of high-resolution echocardiography to guide nonsurgical injections accurately into the mouse myocardial wall...
- Association of obesity with left ventricular remodeling and diastolic dysfunction in patients without coronary artery diseaseBrian D Powell
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 98:116-20. 2006..No patients had coronary artery stenoses >50% of the luminal diameter, and all underwent echocardiography within the same 6-year period...
- Echocardiographic parameters are independently associated with rate of renal function decline and progression to dialysis in patients with chronic kidney diseaseSzu Chia Chen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, 100 Tzyou First Road, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:2750-8. 2011..This study is designed to assess whether echocardiographic parameters are associated with rate of renal function decline and progression to dialysis in CKD stage 3 to 5 patients...
- The MEK1-ERK1/2 signaling pathway promotes compensated cardiac hypertrophy in transgenic miceO F Bueno
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
EMBO J 19:6341-50. 2000..MEK1 transgenic mice showed a dramatic increase in cardiac function, as measured by echocardiography and isolated working heart preparation, without signs of decompensation over time...
- Epicardial adipose tissue thickness by echocardiography is a marker for the presence and severity of coronary artery diseaseS Eroglu
Department of Cardiology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, 10 Sok No 45, 06490 Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 19:211-7. 2009..We aimed to test the hypothesis that echocardiographic EAT thickness can be a marker for the presence and severity of coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- The left atrium: a biomarker of chronic diastolic dysfunction and cardiovascular disease riskPamela S Douglas
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1206-7. 2003
- Left ventricular volume measurement with echocardiography: a comparison of left ventricular opacification, three-dimensional echocardiography, or both with magnetic resonance imagingCarly Jenkins
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Eur Heart J 30:98-106. 2009Both contrast enhanced (CE) two-dimensional echocardiography (2DE) and three-dimensional echocardiography (3DE) have been proposed as techniques to improve the accuracy of left ventricular (LV) volume measurements...
- Relation between aortic stiffness and left ventricular diastolic function in patients with hypertension, diabetes, or bothM Eren
Siyami Ersek Cardiothoracic Surgery Center, Cardiology Department, Istanbul, Turkey
Heart 90:37-43. 2004..To evaluate aortic function and its relation to left ventricular diastolic function in patients with hypertension, diabetes, or both, without coronary artery disease...
- Results of the Predictors of Response to CRT (PROSPECT) trialEugene S Chung
Lindner Clinical Trial Center, Cincinnati, OH 45219, USA
Circulation 117:2608-16. 2008..In a prospective, multicenter setting, the Predictors of Response to CRT (PROSPECT) study tested the performance of these parameters to predict CRT response...
- Recommendations for a standardized report for adult transthoracic echocardiography: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography's Nomenclature and Standards Committee and Task Force for a Standardized Echocardiography ReportJulius M Gardin
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:275-90. 2002
- Effectiveness of late gadolinium enhancement to improve outcomes prediction in patients referred for cardiovascular magnetic resonance after echocardiographyTimothy C Wong
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:6. 2013b>Echocardiography (echo) is a first line test to assess cardiac structure and function...
- Diastolic dysfunction and mortality in severe sepsis and septic shockGiora Landesberg
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Eur Heart J 33:895-903. 2012..In contrast, diastolic dysfunction is often ignored and its role in determining early mortality from sepsis has not been adequately investigated...
- Abdominal aorta screening during transthoracic echocardiographyFarideh Roshanali
Day General Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Echocardiography 24:685-8. 2007..a modified abdominal ultrasound examination, performed as an extension of a routine diagnostic transthoracic echocardiography. This modified examination is arguably a simple, safe, quick, and accurate way to identify patients with ..
- Reference values for myocardial two-dimensional strain echocardiography in a healthy pediatric and young adult cohortKaren A Marcus
Children s Heart Centre, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 24:625-36. 2011..The aim of this study was to estimate left ventricular myocardial systolic function using 2DSTE imaging in a large cohort consisting of healthy children and young adults to establish reference strain values...
- Right ventricular systolic pressure by echocardiography as a predictor of pulmonary hypertension in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisSteven D Nathan
Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA, USA
Respir Med 102:1305-10. 2008..Pulmonary hypertension (PH) commonly complicates the course of patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). It has a significant impact on outcomes and is, therefore, important to detect...
- Impact of systolic time intervals on the relationship between arterial stiffness and left ventricular hypertrophyHo Ming Su
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 223:171-6. 2012....
- Clinical implication of mitral annular plane systolic excursion for patients with cardiovascular diseaseKai Hu
Department of Internal Medicine I, Comprehensive Heart Failure Center, University of Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Str 6, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Eur Heart J Cardiovasc Imaging 14:205-12. 2013..echocardiographic technologies nowadays, such as strain-rate imaging, speckle-tracking imaging, and 3D echocardiography, the use of MAPSE measurement is still especially helpful to evaluate LV systolic function in case of poor ..
- Cardiac lipid accumulation associated with diastolic dysfunction in obese miceChristina Christoffersen
Departments of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark 2100
Endocrinology 144:3483-90. 2003..On echocardiography, the ratio of E to A transmitral flow velocities (an indicator of diastolic function) was 1.8 +/- 0...
- Pulmonary hypertension: prevalence and mortality in the Armadale echocardiography cohortGeoff Strange
Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Heart 98:1805-11. 2012..Pulmonary hypertension (PHT) lacks community prevalence and outcome data...
- Assessment of the aortic annulus by multislice computed tomography, contrast aortography, and trans-thoracic echocardiography in patients referred for transcatheter aortic valve implantationApostolos Tzikas
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:868-75. 2011We sought to determine the level of agreement and the reproducibility of trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE), contrast aortography (CA) and multislice computed tomography (MSCT) for the assessment of the aortic annulus, in patients ..
- Circumferential and longitudinal strain in 3 myocardial layers in normal subjects and in patients with regional left ventricular dysfunctionMarina Leitman
Department of Cardiology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 23:64-70. 2010..The aim of this study was to analyze strain in 3 myocardial layers using speckle-tracking echocardiography.
- Early left ventricular mechanics abnormalities in prehypertension: a two-dimensional strain echocardiography studyVitantonio Di Bello
Cardiac and Thoracic and Vascular Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Am J Hypertens 23:405-12. 2010..in borderline prehypertensive (pre-HT) and hypertensive (HT) subjects through two-dimensional (2D)-strain echocardiography and then evaluate possible relations between cardiac parameters and insulin metabolism (homeostasis model ..
- Incidence of congenital heart disease in Beijing, ChinaXue yong Yang
Department of Surgery, Pediatric Cardiac Center, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1128-32. 2009..The current study was undertaken to determine the incidence of congenital heart disease in Beijing, China and to estimate the impact of fetal echocardiography on the incidence of liveborn congenital heart disease.
- The diagnostic value of physical examination and additional testing in primary care patients with suspected heart failureJohannes C Kelder
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, Room 6 101, University Medical Center Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 124:2865-73. 2011..Early diagnosis of nonacute heart failure is crucial because prompt initiation of evidence-based treatment can prevent or slow down further progression. To diagnose new-onset heart failure in primary care is challenging...
- Point-of-care echocardiography by pediatric emergency physiciansMindy Longjohn
Division of Emergency Services, Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:693-6. 2011Currently, pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) physicians have limited data on point-of-care echocardiography (POCE)...
- Diastolic dysfunction: improved understanding using emerging imaging techniquesDaniel Daneshvar
Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am Heart J 160:394-404. 2010..We review the role of contemporary techniques with echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMRI) in the assessment of diastolic dysfunction...
- Feasibility and reliability of point-of-care pocket-sized echocardiographyGarrett Newton Andersen
Levanger Hospital, Nord Trøndelag Health Trust, Levanger, Norway
Eur J Echocardiogr 12:665-70. 2011To study the reliability and feasibility of point-of-care pocket-sized echocardiography (POCKET) at the bedside in patients admitted to a medical department at a non-university hospital.
- Assessment of left ventricular rotation and torsion with two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiographyHyung Kwan Kim
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Cardiovascular Center, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:45-53. 2007Speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) has a unique feature of angle independence and, thus, may provide a powerful means of assessing left ventricular (LV) torsion (LVtor)...
- Novel echocardiographic techniques to assess left atrial size, anatomy and functionMatteo Cameli
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Siena, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 10:4. 2012Three-dimensional echocardiography (3DE) and speckle tracking echocardiography (STE) have recently applied as imaging techniques to accurately evaluate left atrial (LA) size, anatomy and function...
- Early detection and prediction of cardiotoxicity in chemotherapy-treated patientsHeloisa Sawaya
Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory and Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:1375-80. 2011..patients diagnosed with breast cancer who received anthracyclines and trastuzumab therapy underwent echocardiography and blood sampling at 3 time points (baseline and 3 and 6 months during the course of chemotherapy)...
- Effects of selective heart rate reduction with ivabradine on left ventricular remodelling and function: results from the SHIFT echocardiography substudyJean Claude Tardif
Montreal Heart Institute, Universite de Montreal, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H1T 1C8
Eur Heart J 32:2507-15. 2011..The SHIFT echocardiographic substudy evaluated the effects of ivabradine on left ventricular (LV) remodelling in heart failure (HF)...
- Echocardiographic speckle-tracking based strain imaging for rapid cardiovascular phenotyping in miceMichael Bauer
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circ Res 108:908-16. 2011..Transthoracic echocardiography is the principal method currently used for assessing cardiac structure and function; however, standard ..
- Transthoracic echocardiography for cardiopulmonary monitoring in intensive careM B Jensen
Aarhus University Hospital, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Skejby Sygehus, Denmark
Eur J Anaesthesiol 21:700-7. 2004..To evaluate the feasibility of an abbreviated focus assessed transthoracic echocardiographic protocol, consisting of four standardized acoustic views for cardiopulmonary screening and monitoring...
- Clinical, imaging, and pathological characteristics of left ventricular thrombus: a comparison of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging, transthoracic echocardiography, and transesophageal echocardiography with surgical or pathological validationMonvadi B Srichai
Center for Integrated Non Invasive Cardiovascular Imaging of Department of Radiology Section of Cardiovascular Imaging, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am Heart J 152:75-84. 2006..characteristics of confirmed LV thrombus and compared the diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with transthoracic (TTE) and transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) for the diagnosis of LV thrombi.
- Left ventricular remodeling after primary coronary angioplasty: patterns of left ventricular dilation and long-term prognostic implicationsLeonardo Bolognese
Division of Cardiology, S Donato Hospital, Arezzo, Italy
Circulation 106:2351-7. 2002..The prevalence, course, and prognostic value of LV remodeling after primary PTCA are still to be clarified...
- Usefulness of the high triglyceride-to-HDL cholesterol ratio to identify cardiometabolic risk factors and preclinical signs of organ damage in outpatient childrenProcolo Di Bonito
Department of Internal Medicine, S Maria delle Grazie, Pozzuoli Hospital, Naples, Italy
Diabetes Care 35:158-62. 2012..To evaluate whether the high triglyceride-to-HDL cholesterol (TG-to-HDL-C) ratio is associated with cardiometabolic risk (CMR) factors and preclinical signs of organ damage in an outpatient population of white children and adolescents...
- Cardiac hypertrophy is not a required compensatory response to short-term pressure overloadJ A Hill
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242 1081, USA
Circulation 101:2863-9. 2000..Cardiac hypertrophy is considered a necessary compensatory response to sustained elevations of left ventricular (LV) wall stress...
- S100A8/A9 aggravates post-ischemic heart failure through activation of RAGE-dependent NF-κB signalingH Christian Volz
Department of Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 410, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 107:250. 2012..Our study provides evidence that sustained activation of S100A8/A9 critically contributes to the development of post-ischemic HF driving the progressive course of HF through activation of RAGE...
- Effects of deflazacort on left ventricular function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophyCandice K Silversides
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 91:769-72. 2003
- Cardiac involvement in Wegener's granulomatosis resistant to induction therapyTomasz Miszalski-Jamka
Center for Diagnosis, Prevention and Telemedicine, John Paul II Hospital, ul Pradnicka 80, 31 202 Krakow, Poland
Eur Radiol 21:2297-304. 2011..The aim of the study was to assess cardiac involvement in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), who failed to achieve remission following >6 months induction therapy for life or organ threatening disease...
- Transposition of the great arteriesCarole A Warnes
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 114:2699-709. 2006..All patients should be seen periodically in a center where expertise in the clinical evaluation, imaging, and hemodynamic assessment of adult congenital heart disease is available...
- Dyssynchrony by speckle-tracking echocardiography and response to cardiac resynchronization therapy: results of the Speckle Tracking and Resynchronization (STAR) studyHidekazu Tanaka
University of Pittsburgh, Scaife Hall 564, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Eur Heart J 31:1690-700. 2010The Speckle Tracking and Resynchronization (STAR) study used a prospective multi-centre design to test the hypothesis that speckle-tracking echocardiography can predict response to cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT).
- Cardiac magnetic resonance detection of myocardial scarring in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: correlation with histopathology and prevalence of ventricular tachycardiaDeborah H Kwon
Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:242-9. 2009....
- Low diagnostic yield of elective coronary angiographyManesh R Patel
Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC 27715, USA
N Engl J Med 362:886-95. 2010..We determined patterns of noninvasive testing and the diagnostic yield of catheterization among patients with suspected coronary artery disease in a contemporary national sample...
- Combined risk stratification with computerized tomography /echocardiography and biomarkers in patients with normotensive pulmonary embolismSavas Ozsu
Karadeniz Technical University, School of Medicine, Department of Chest, Trabzon, Turkey
Thromb Res 126:486-92. 2010Right ventricular dysfunction (RVD) detected by computerized tomography (CT)/echocardiography or elevated biomarkers is associated with a poor prognosis for pulmonary embolism (PE)...
- Univentricular heartPaul Khairy
Adult Congenital Heart Center, Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger St, Montreal, Quebec, H1T 1C8, Canada
Circulation 115:800-12. 2007..Although the present report touches on issues applicable to neonates and children with univentricular hearts, the focus is on information of interest and relevance to the adult cardiologist...
- Prospective evaluation of right ventricular function and functional status 6 months after acute submassive pulmonary embolism: frequency of persistent or subsequent elevation in estimated pulmonary artery pressureJeffrey A Kline
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine Research, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC 28323 2861, USA
Chest 136:1202-10. 2009..The aim of this work was to document the rate of pulmonary hypertension, as assessed noninvasively by estimated right ventricular systolic pressure (RVSP) of >or= 40 mm Hg 6 months after the diagnosis of submassive PE...
- The role of IKK beta in cardiomyocytes at baseline and following stressMATTHEW PETER COGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2013..The principal investigator has completed a clinical fellowship in cardiology and echocardiography at Massachusetts General Hospital and seeks to expand his scientific skills, and his interest in the ..
- JNK exacerbates ischemia/reperfusion injury in hyperglycemic subjects.Keith A Webster; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 1 we will determine infarction and remodeling over time by high-definition echocardiography and micro-MRI...
- Aldosterone Action In The Brain, Hypertension and InflammationELISE PEERY GOMEZ-SANCHEZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..with spectral analysis of wave form to assess baroreceptor function and sympathetic drive, and doppler-echocardiography will be used to asses hemodynamic changes and cardiac dysfunction...
- Targeting Cell Death to Prevent Ventricular Remodeling and Heart FailureAbhinav Diwan; Fiscal Year: 2011..of Nix and Bnip3 will be subjected to pressure overload modeling and serially evaluated by noninvasive echocardiography. These studies will identify potential therapeutic targets to improve outcomes in heart failure, stemming ..
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009..history, anthropometry, resting and ambulatory blood pressure, phlebotomy and 24-hour urine collection, ECG, echocardiography, and pulmonary function...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYAsoka Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2010..history, anthropometry, resting and ambulatory blood pressure, phlebotomy and 24-hour urine collection, ECG, echocardiography, and pulmonary function...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHerman Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2010..history, anthropometry, resting and ambulatory blood pressure, phlebotomy and 24-hour urine collection, ECG, echocardiography, and pulmonary function...
- JACKSON HEART STUDYHERMAN ALFRED TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2009
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2013
- JACKSON HEART STUDYASOKA S SRINIVASAN; Fiscal Year: 2011
- A Rodent Model to Study Links Among Diet, Visceral Adipose and CardiomyopathyMELINDA ANN FRYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..tools for general laboratory techniques, including myocyte isolation, along with equipment for performing echocardiography. Additional resources will allow HPLC, mass spectrometry, electron microscopy, genomic analyses, advanced ..
- Role of murine induced pluripotent stem cells on the correction of cardiac and skDiego Fraidenraich; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be evaluated at the histological (immunohistochemistry, H&E, immunofluorescence) and functional (echocardiography, treadmill) level...
- Tadalafil for Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Chronic Lung DiseaseSHARON IRENE SMITH ROUNDS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional information that will be obtained includes non-invasive assessment by 2-dimensional echocardiography of pulmonary artery systolic pressure and right ventricular function, dyspnea severity, health related ..
- AKAP Regulation of PKA Targeting in the HeartMeredith Bond; Fiscal Year: 2009..into normal and failing rat hearts in vivo;(iv) cardiac function assessment by transthoracic and M-mode echocardiography (echo) (v) immunofluorescence labeling and (vi) microscopy of cryostat sections of rat heart after adenoviral ..
- Endothelium-Myocardium Interaction in Netrin-1 Induced CardioprotectionHUA LINDA CAI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Analyses of infarct size and cardiac Troponin I release, and echocardiography analysis of cardiac function, will be used to examine the cardioprotective effect of netrin-1 in vivo...
- Right Heart-Pulmonary Vascular Interactions in Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaMarlowe Eldridge; Fiscal Year: 2013..questions, we propose to use a combination of state-of-the-art MR imaging, right heart catheterization, 3D echocardiography and exercise to reveal any abnormalities in the pulmonary vasculature, right heart, and their interactions in ..
- Monitoring of Cardiovascular Function in Infants By Transcutaneous Dye DilutionIstvan Seri; Fiscal Year: 2013..Care Unit at Children's Hospital Los Angeles and compare CO values with those obtained by functional echocardiography. Currently, a strong clinical need exists for a minimally invasive technique, which can provide rapid, serial ..
- Mouse Models of Non-Syndromic Cardiac ProgeriaAli J Marian; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will assess survival by Kaplan-Meier survival analysis;cardiac structure and function by echocardiography;and conduction defects and arrhythmias by electrocardiography...
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Expression of RHD in the Fetus?Pirooz Eghtesady; Fiscal Year: 2013..To extend these studies, we will compare groups of pregnant women referred for fetal echocardiography (echo) and found to have a pregnancy affected by (1) HLHS;(2) congenital heart disease other than HLHS;and (3)..
- Inflammation and Repair in Cardiac Ischemia-ReperfusionLewis C Becker; Fiscal Year: 2011..ischemia-reperfusion with measurement of infarct size and assessment of left ventricular function by echocardiography and pressure-volume loops and (2) post-ischemic inflammation of the cremaster muscle with assessment of ..
- ANGIOTENSINS, PROSTAGLANDINS-ADRENERGIC INTERACTIONSKafait U Malik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Adenovirus (Ad) cPLA2[unreadable] shRNA and Ad cPLA2[unreadable] DNA;3) telemetry for measuring BP and echocardiography for assessing cardiac function;4) histological, immunohistochemical, and fluorescence microscopy and ..
- Endogenous Cardiac Glycosides in AASKBrad C Astor; Fiscal Year: 2010..Participants underwent numerous clinic visits, tissue Doppler echocardiography, and 240hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring...
- Role of Microbial Translocation in Cardiopulmonary Disease in Children with HIVAlison Morris; Fiscal Year: 2013..We find that MT is correlated with pulmonary hypertension on echocardiography, increased airway obstruction, impairment of diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide, and more rapid ..
- Statins for Pulmonary and Cardiac Complications of Chronic HIV (The SPARC Trial)Stephen R Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..be randomized to treatment or placebo with 3 and 6 month measures of pulmonary function, computed tomography, echocardiography, carotid intima media thickness, flow-mediated dilation and inflammatory biomarkers...
- Phospholemman and Cardiac ContracilityJoseph Y Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will use a combination of in vivo (echocardiography, catheterization, transduction of exogenous genes by rAAV9 injection) and in vitro (patch-clamp, single ..
- CARDIA Echocardiography Reading CenterJoao A C Lima; Fiscal Year: 2012Johns Hopkins University serves as the Echocardiography Reading Center for the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study for the period 2009-13...
- Angiogenic tissue engineering to limit post-infarction ventricular remodelingY Joseph Woo; Fiscal Year: 2012..of microrevascularization on ischemic myocardial contractility will be determined with dobutamine stress echocardiography and myocardial tissue properties will be studied utilizing atomic force microscopy and tensile strength ..
- CARDIA ECHO RC CAN 9-8470189Joao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2009Johns Hopkins University serves as the Echocardiography Reading Center for the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study for the period 2009-13...
- CARDIA ECHO RC Joao A C Lima; Fiscal Year: 2011Johns Hopkins University serves as the Echocardiography Reading Center for the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) Study for the period 2009-13...
- CARDIA ECHO RC Joao Lima; Fiscal Year: 2010
- The Role of RAGE in Diabetes and Myocardial Infarction.KAREN O'SHEA; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will assess differences in I/R-induced left ventricular dysfunction due to genetic strain by echocardiography. Additionally, we will perform more targeted studies of hypoxia/reoxygenation in cardiomyocytes isolated from ..
- EFFECT OF R1R2 OVER-EXPRESSION ON CARDIAC FUNCTIONMichael Regnier; Fiscal Year: 2013..that transgenic R1R2 over-expression mice (TG-R1R2) have elevated left ventricular (LV) function, measured by echocardiography and Langendorff perfusion. Here we propose a translational approach, i.e...
- Protein biomarkers of pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell diseaseMark E McComb; Fiscal Year: 2013..Current diagnosis is by right heart catheterization (RHC) as echocardiography is frequently inaccurate and may be falsely positive...
- The role of phosphorylation of Ulk1 by GSK-3b in myocardial autophagy and agingPeiyong Zhai; Fiscal Year: 2013..Postmortem measurements of organ weight, left ventricular catheterization, pressure-volume loop analysis, echocardiography, measurements of cardiac fibrosis, cardiac myocyte size, apoptosis and necrosis will be applied to ..
- Randomized trial of inhaled nitric oxide to treat acute pulmonary embolismJeffrey A Kline; Fiscal Year: 2013..in arginase-1 and ADMA, but decreased L-arginine in the patients with submassive PE and RV dysfunction on echocardiography. In experimental PE, if guanylate cyclase is stimulated, the PVR can be normalized, and intracardiac ..
- The S1P1 receptor regulates sarcomere assembly and cardiac developmentRoland S Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..The effects of this disruption will then be assayed by echocardiography, immunohistochemistry, and electron microscopy.
- Role of CaMKII Phosphorylation of RyR in Pathological &Physiological HypertrophyJonathan L Respress; Fiscal Year: 2011..Methods include echocardiography, transverse aortic constriction (TAC), intracardiac hemodynamic measurements, cell isolation and confocal ..
- Myosin ELC, a novel therapeutic target for FHCDanuta Szczesna-Cordary; Fiscal Year: 2013..1C) The age-dependent morphology and function of mutated transgenic mouse hearts by histopathology, echocardiography, invasive hemodynamics and MRI...
- Acuson Sequoia C512 Echocardiography SystemSandrine V Pierre; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Echocardiography is widely accepted as a valuable research tool for studying a broad range of cardiovascular disease processes ..
- Three-dimensional cardiac accelerometry for cardiac monitoringMichael J Russell; Fiscal Year: 2010..is the standard screening tool for assessing cardiac function, and electrocardiography (ECG), ultrasound (echocardiography, ECHO) and nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) are the modalities commonly used for detecting ischemia ..
- Infarct Repair with Mesenchymal Stem Cell SubpopulationBuddhadeb Dawn; Fiscal Year: 2013..Serial echocardiography and a terminal hemodynamic study will be performed to assess left ventricular (LV) function and anatomy...
- Influence of the Enteric Microbiome on the Genesis of Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaAaron Hamvas; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this single center project, limited polysomnography and echocardiography will be used to non- invasively and longitudinally assess airspace and pulmonary vascular development in ..
- Cardiomyocyte Apoptosis and Cardioprotective Actions of EstrogenJin Kyung Kim; Fiscal Year: 2013..supplement and examine p38[unreadable], p38[unreadable], cardiac apoptosis in situ, and cardiac function by echocardiography. In Specific Aim 2, we will investigate how E2 mediates p38 MAPKs - p53 interaction...
- Modeling the genetic basis for human congenital heart disease in miceCecilia W Lo; Fiscal Year: 2013..We previously showed noninvasive mouse fetal echocardiography is highly effective for high throughput Cardiovascular phenotyping...
- Sorafenib for Hepatopulmonary SyndromeSteven M Kawut; Fiscal Year: 2013..to an increased alveolar-arterial oxygen gradient (AaPO2) and intrapulmonary transit of bubbles visualized by echocardiography after injection of agitated saline...
- Regulation of sympathetic function by infarctionBeth A Habecker; Fiscal Year: 2013..to alter sympathetic regeneration and sympathetic neurochemical properties, and will combine that with echocardiography, ECG telemetry in conscious mice, and ex vivo optical mapping to determine how changes in sympathetic ..
- Pediatric Heart Network North Carolina ConsortiumJennifer S Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..quality of life, assessed by validated measures;2) ventricular filling parameters, assessed by tissue Doppler echocardiography;3) amount of myocardial scarring assessed by MRI;4) neurohormonal activation, BNP;biomarkers of collagen ..
- Pathophysiology of Heart Failure with a Normal Ejection Fraction in the ElderlyMathew S Maurer; Fiscal Year: 2010..health status by standardized questionnaires, and LV volumes, mass and function by three dimensional echocardiography. This study will examine the role of anemia in the pathophysiology of elderly patients with HFNEF and ..
- Examining the Effects of High Protein Diet on Outcomes in Heart Failure PatientsLorraine S Evangelista; Fiscal Year: 2013..Weight, BMI, waist circumference, dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, 2D and Doppler echocardiography, cardiopulmonary exercise stress testing, six minute walk test, biochemical analyses (plasma lipid profiles, ..
- Longtitudinal Study of DialysisRulan S Parekh; Fiscal Year: 2012..tomography (CT) for coronary and valvular calcium and CT angiography as well as validated outcomes from echocardiography, pulse wave velocity and ankle brachial index...
- Molecular Imaging of Ischemic Memory with Ultrasound - Transition to HumansJonathan R Lindner; Fiscal Year: 2010..in patients referred for non-invasive evaluation for coronary artery disease with stress or dobutamine echocardiography. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Current algorithms for the diagnosis of acute coronary syndromes (unstable angina ..
- Aldosterone, nitric oxide, myocardial fibrosis, and capillary loss in ESRDDavid M Charytan; Fiscal Year: 2013..myocardial fibrosis and microvascular supply in individuals with ESRD as measured using tissue Doppler Echocardiography (TDI) and myocardial perfusion imaging (PET) scans, respectively;Aim 2) To test the hypothesis that L-..
- PROMISE Trial: SDCCKerry L Lee; Fiscal Year: 2013..care or an initial 'functional'stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest ..
- PROMISE Trial: Clinical Coordinating CenterPamela Susan Douglas; Fiscal Year: 2013..care or an initial 'functional'stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest ..
- PROMISE Trial: EQOL Coordinating CenterDaniel B Mark; Fiscal Year: 2013..care or an initial 'functional'stress testing strategy (using physician-selected stress imaging (echocardiography or nuclear) or exercise electrocardiography)) in low-intermediate coronary artery risk patients with chest ..
- Novel function and mechanism of CFTR in heart failureDAYUE DARREL DUAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..mouse, isolated working heart preparations, pressure-overload model of myocardial hypertrophy and HF, serial echocardiography, molecular biological and immunological techniques and mitochondrial GSH measurement and functional assays...
- Mechanisms of Reduced Fatty Acid Oxidation and Cardiac Dysfunction in SepsisKonstantinos Drosatos; Fiscal Year: 2013..his mentor and his advisors/collaborators that will provide him with technical knowledge on how to perform echocardiography, induction of heart failure in animal models, chromatin immunoprecipitation and high throughput analysis ..
- Libman-Sacks Endocarditis and NPSLECarlos Roldan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our published data demonstrate that: 1) Libman-Sacks orthrombotic vegetations are detected by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in 35% of SLE patients;and 2) NPSLE affects 60% of patients...
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Echocardiography can help risk-stratify the severity of pulmonary embolism (PE) diagnosed in normotensive patients. However, because echocardiography is not uniformly available in U.S...
- Mechanism of Vasopressin-Mediated Placental Vascular Resistance after Fetal BypasPirooz Eghtesady; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increasingly, these defects can now be identified early in pregnancy (~20 weeks) by fetal echocardiography, allowing consideration of in utero therapy when postnatal outcomes are grim...
- DEVELOPING CELLULAR CARDIOMYOPLASTY FOR INJURED HEARTDORIS TAYLOR; Fiscal Year: 2001..temporal effects of myoblasts infused into the coronary circulation on global contractile function (by 2-d echocardiography) and ventricular morphology in control and infarcted hearts...
- QUANTITATIVE ULTRASONIC IMAGING FOR MYOCARDIAL VIABILITYJulio Perez; Fiscal Year: 1999..of pressure-dimension indices of ventricular function, and refinement in quantitative myocardial contrast echocardiography. To accomplish these goals we propose to study patients with acute myocardial ischemia and chronic coronary ..
- IDIOPATHIC DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHYVirginia Michels; Fiscal Year: 1991..The index cases of the study population will consist of 100 patients, in whom the diagnosis has been made by echocardiography or cardiac catheterization...
- COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN CARDIAC FLUID DYNAMICSCHARLES PESKIN; Fiscal Year: 1990..aspects of diagnostic cardiac imaging, the project includes plans to simulate color-Doppler flow imaging, echocardiography, contrast angiography, nuclear medicine (gated blood-pool) imaging, and possibly magnetic resonance imaging...
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC ASSESSMENT OF MICROVASCULAR PERFUSIONKevin Wei; Fiscal Year: 2003..has previously been productive in developing research and clinical applications for myocardial contrast echocardiography (MCE). This past research provided the P.I...
- 3D CORONARY RECONSTRUCTION AND MULTIMODALITY FUSIONShiuh Yung Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..from different modalities using the two-dimensional (2-D) display format such as coronary angiography, echocardiography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, or radionuclide tomography...
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC STROKE PREDICTORS IN A TRI-ETHNIC COMMMarco Di Tullio; Fiscal Year: 2003..In recent years, he has focused on the use of echocardiography to identify new cardioembolic sources for ischemic stroke, especially patent foramen ovale and aortic arch ..
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2002..This investigation tests the accuracy of two new methods of ischemia detection, contrast echocardiography and endocardial catheter mapping of electromechanical coupling, as compared to established nuclear perfusion ..
- PARADIGM SHIFTS IN CLINICAL ISCHEMIA DETECTIONPhilip Binkley; Fiscal Year: 2004..This investigation tests the accuracy of two new methods of ischemia detection, contrast echocardiography and endocardial catheter mapping of electromechanical coupling, as compared to established nuclear perfusion ..