Genomes and Genes
Summary: Imaging methods that result in sharp images of objects located on a chosen plane and blurred images located above or below the plane.
Publications445 found, 100 shown here
- Automated electron microscope tomography using robust prediction of specimen movementsDavid N Mastronarde
Boulder Laboratory for Three Dimensional Electron Microscopy of Cells, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
J Struct Biol 152:36-51. 2005..The program can automatically acquire a montage of overlapping frames, allowing tomography of areas larger than the field of the CCD camera...
- Photoacoustic tomography: in vivo imaging from organelles to organsLihong V Wang
Optical Imaging Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Science 335:1458-62. 2012Photoacoustic tomography (PAT) can create multiscale multicontrast images of living biological structures ranging from organelles to organs...
- Optical projection tomography as a tool for 3D microscopy and gene expression studiesJames Sharpe
Medical Research Council, Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Science 296:541-5. 2002..for three-dimensional (3D) optical microscopy (deconvolution, confocal microscopy, and optical coherence tomography) generate 3D data by "optically sectioning" the specimen...
- The molecular architecture of axonemes revealed by cryoelectron tomographyDaniela Nicastro
Laboratory for 3D Electron Microscopy of Cells, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, CB 347, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Science 313:944-8. 2006..structure of rapidly frozen axonemes from Chlamydomonas and sea urchin sperm, using cryoelectron tomography and image processing to focus on the motor enzyme dynein...
- Standardized low-resolution brain electromagnetic tomography (sLORETA): technical detailsR D Pascual-Marqui
KEY Institute for Brain Mind Research, University Hospital of Psychiatry, Zurich, Switzerland
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 24:5-12. 2002..The purpose of this paper is to present the technical details of the method, allowing researchers to test, check, reproduce and validate the new method...
- Going deeper than microscopy: the optical imaging frontier in biologyVasilis Ntziachristos
Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Helmholtz Zentrum München und Technische Universität München, Munich, Germany
Nat Methods 7:603-14. 2010..Key characteristics associated with different imaging implementations are described and the potential of these technologies in biological applications is discussed...
- Real-time optical coherence tomography of the anterior segment at 1310 nmS Radhakrishnan
Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1179-85. 2001..CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Our results suggest that real-time OCT has potential applications in glaucoma evaluation and refractive surgery...
- Magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT) for high-resolution conductivity imagingEung Je Woo
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Kyung Hee University, Korea
Physiol Meas 29:R1-26. 2008..distribution as well as the geometry of the object and the adopted electrode configuration, electrical impedance tomography (EIT) reconstructs cross-sectional conductivity images using measured current-voltage data on the surface...
- Tomographic phase microscopyWonshik Choi
G R Harrison Spectroscopy Laboratory, 77 Massachusetts Avenue 6 014, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nat Methods 4:717-9. 2007..Our results will permit quantitative characterization of specimen-induced aberrations in high-resolution microscopy and have multiple applications in tissue light scattering...
- Retrovirus envelope protein complex structure in situ studied by cryo-electron tomographyFriedrich Förster
Abteilung für Molekulare Strukturbiologie, Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4729-34. 2005We used cryo-electron tomography in conjunction with single-particle averaging techniques to study the structures of frozen-hydrated envelope glycoprotein (Env) complexes on intact Moloney murine leukemia retrovirus particles...
- Structural studies by electron tomography: from cells to moleculesVladan Lucic
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Annu Rev Biochem 74:833-65. 2005Electron tomography (ET) is uniquely suited to obtain three-dimensional reconstructions of pleomorphic structures, such as cells, organelles or supramolecular assemblies...
- Dissecting the molecular architecture of integrin adhesion sites by cryo-electron tomographyIsrael Patla
Department of Life Sciences and the National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Be er Sheva 84120, Israel
Nat Cell Biol 12:909-15. 2010..We present the first three-dimensional structural reconstruction of focal adhesions using cryo-electron tomography. Our analyses reveal that the membrane-cytoskeleton interaction at focal adhesions is mediated through particles ..
- Regional ventilation by electrical impedance tomography: a comparison with ventilation scintigraphy in pigsJose Hinz
Department of Anesthesiology, Emergency, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Chest 124:314-22. 2003The validation of electrical impedance tomography (EIT) for measuring regional ventilation distribution by comparing it with single photon emission CT (SPECT) scanning.
- Interaction of complexes I, III, and IV within the bovine respirasome by single particle cryoelectron tomographyNatalya V Dudkina
Electron Microscopy Group, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 7, 9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:15196-200. 2011..2-nm resolution, determined by cryoelectron tomography and subvolume averaging...
- High-voltage electron tomography of spindle pole bodies and early mitotic spindles in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeE T O'Toole
Boulder Laboratory for Three dimensional Fine Structure, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0347, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:2017-31. 1999..We used fast-frozen, freeze-substituted cells in conjunction with high-voltage electron tomography to study the fine structure of the SPB and the events of early spindle formation...
- Characterization of human atherosclerosis by optical coherence tomographyHiroshi Yabushita
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Circulation 106:1640-5. 2002..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an intravascular imaging modality capable of providing cross-sectional images of tissue with a ..
- Spectral fluorescence lifetime detection and selective melanin imaging by multiphoton laser tomography for melanoma diagnosisEnrico Dimitrow
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University Hospital, Jena, Germany
Exp Dermatol 18:509-15. 2009..melanin imaging and spectral fluorescence lifetime imaging in combination with high resolution multiphoton laser tomography. Overall 46 melanocytic lesions of human skin were analysed...
- Serial two-photon tomography for automated ex vivo mouse brain imagingTimothy Ragan
TissueVision, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Methods 9:255-8. 2012Here we describe an automated method, named serial two-photon (STP) tomography, that achieves high-throughput fluorescence imaging of mouse brains by integrating two-photon microscopy and tissue sectioning...
- Structural analysis of HIV-1 maturation using cryo-electron tomographyAlex De Marco
Structural and Computational Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS Pathog 6:e1001215. 2010..Here we have used cryo-electron tomography and subtomogram averaging to resolve the structure of the Gag lattice in a panel of viruses containing point ..
- Macromolecular architecture in eukaryotic cells visualized by cryoelectron tomographyOhad Medalia
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Science 298:1209-13. 2002Electron tomography of vitrified cells is a noninvasive three-dimensional imaging technique that opens up new vistas for exploring the supramolecular organization of the cytoplasm...
- Topography of diabetic macular edema with optical coherence tomographyM R Hee
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA
Ophthalmology 105:360-70. 1998..to develop a protocol to screen and monitor patients with diabetic macular thickening using optical coherence tomography (OCT), a technique for high-resolution cross-sectional imaging of the retina...
- Electrical impedance tomography compared to positron emission tomography for the measurement of regional lung ventilation: an experimental studyJ C Richard
Service de Réanimation Médicale et d Assistance Respiratoire, Hôpital de la Croix Rousse 103 Grande Rue de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, 69004, France
Crit Care 13:R82. 2009Electrical impedance tomography (EIT), which can assess regional lung ventilation at the bedside, has never been compared with positron-emission tomography (PET), a gold-standard to quantify regional ventilation...
- Cryoelectron tomography reveals the sequential assembly of bacterial flagella in Borrelia burgdorferiXiaowei Zhao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:14390-5. 2013..in flagellar assembly and determined the 3D structures of the intermediates to 4-nm resolution by cryoelectron tomography. We provide structural evidence that secretion of rod substrates triggers remodeling of the central channel in ..
- Fluorescence optical diffusion tomographyAdam B Milstein
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1285, USA
Appl Opt 42:3081-94. 2003..The effectiveness of the reconstruction algorithm is demonstrated by simulation and by application to experimental data from a tissue phantom containing the fluorescent agent Indocyanine Green...
- Noise analysis in magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography at 3 and 11 T field strengthsRosalind Sadleir
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Physiol Meas 26:875-84. 2005In magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT), we measure the induced magnetic flux density inside an object subject to an externally injected current...
- Harmonic decomposition in PDE-based denoising technique for magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomographyByung Il Lee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Electronics and Information, Kyung Hee University, Kyungki, Korea
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 52:1912-20. 2005Recent progress in magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT) research via simulation and biological tissue phantom studies have shown that conductivity images with higher spatial resolution and accuracy are achievable...
- Fast imaging for magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomographyMark J Hamamura
Tu and Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 26:739-45. 2008In magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT), currents are injected into an object, the resulting magnetic flux density is measured using MRI, and the conductivity distribution reconstructed using these MRI data...
- Photoacoustic tomography and sensing in biomedicineChanghui Li
Optical Imaging Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:R59-97. 2009..The emphasized areas include the new imaging modalities, hybrid detection methods, photoacoustic contrast agents and the photoacoustic Doppler effect, as well as translational research topics...
- Atomic force microscopy stiffness tomography on living Arabidopsis thaliana cells reveals the mechanical properties of surface and deep cell-wall layers during growthKsenija Radotic
Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
Biophys J 103:386-94. 2012..Here, we used atomic force microscopy (AFM) stiffness tomography to explore stiffness distribution in the cell wall of suspension-cultured Arabidopsis thaliana as a model of ..
- Optical coherence tomography: feasibility for basic research and image-guided surgery of breast cancerStephen A Boppart
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Bioengineering Program, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:85-97. 2004..Diffuse optical tomography is an optical imaging technique that has been pursued as an alternative to X-ray mammography...
- A real-time photoacoustic tomography system for small animalsJohn Gamelin
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Opt Express 17:10489-98. 2009A real-time 512-element photoacoustic tomography system for small animal imaging using a ring ultrasound array has been developed...
- Video rate optoacoustic tomography of mouse kidney perfusionAndreas Buehler
Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Technische Universität München und Helmholtz Zentrum München, Ingoldstädter Landstrasse 1, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Opt Lett 35:2475-7. 2010Optoacoustic tomography can visualize optical contrast in tissues while capitalizing on the advantages of ultrasound, such as high spatial resolution and fast imaging capabilities...
- Blind source unmixing in multi-spectral optoacoustic tomographyJürgen Glatz
Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Technische Universität München and Helmholtz Zentrum München, Munich, Germany
Opt Express 19:3175-84. 2011Multispectral optoacoustic (photoacoustic) tomography (MSOT) is a hybrid modality that can image through several millimeters to centimeters of diffuse tissues, attaining resolutions typical of ultrasound imaging...
- Volumetric real-time multispectral optoacoustic tomography of biomarkersDaniel Razansky
Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Technische Universität München and Helmholtz Zentrum München, Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Protoc 6:1121-9. 2011Multispectral optoacoustic tomography (MSOT) has recently been developed to enable visualization of optical contrast and tissue biomarkers, with resolution and speed representative of ultrasound...
- In vivo human retinal imaging by Fourier domain optical coherence tomographyMaciej Wojtkowski
Nicholas Copernicus University, Institute of Physics, ul Grudziadzka 5 7, PL 87 100 Torun, Poland
J Biomed Opt 7:457-63. 2002..is to our knowledge the first in vivo tomograms of human retina obtained by Fourier domain optical coherence tomography. We would like to show that this technique might be as powerful as other optical coherence tomography techniques ..
- 3D tomography reveals connections between the phagophore and endoplasmic reticulumPäivi Ylä-Anttila
University of Helsinki, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, Division of Biochemistry, Helsinki, Finland
Autophagy 5:1180-5. 2009..To investigate the relationship of the phagophore membrane and the ER, we used electron microscopic tomography of serum and amino acid starved normal rat kidney cells...
- Source reconstruction for spectrally-resolved bioluminescence tomography with sparse a priori informationYujie Lu
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Opt Express 17:8062-80. 2009..the light source information in small animals in vivo, optical molecular imaging, such as fluorescence molecular tomography (FMT) and bioluminescence tomography (BLT), can depict biological and physiological changes observed using ..
- Fluorescence imaging with near-infrared light: new technological advances that enable in vivo molecular imagingVasilis Ntziachristos
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street 5406, Charlestown MA 02129 2060, USA
Eur Radiol 13:195-208. 2003..and limitations of simple photographic methods and turn our attention to fluorescence-mediated molecular tomography (FMT), a technique that can three-dimensionally image gene expression by resolving fluorescence activation in ..
- Enhanced visualization of macular pathology with the use of ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomographyWolfgang Drexler
Department of Medical Physics, University of Vienna, Christian Doppler Laboratory, Austria
Arch Ophthalmol 121:695-706. 2003To demonstrate a new generation of ophthalmic optical coherence tomography (OCT) technology with unprecedented axial resolution for enhanced imaging of intraretinal microstructures and to investigate its clinical feasibility to visualize ..
- Quantification of macrophage content in atherosclerotic plaques by optical coherence tomographyGuillermo J Tearney
Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Circulation 107:113-9. 2003..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a new intravascular imaging modality that allows cross-sectional imaging of tissue with a resolution of ..
- Imbalances in regional lung ventilation: a validation study on electrical impedance tomographyJosué A Victorino
Respiratory ICU, Hospital das Clinicas, Pulmonary Department, Univerisity of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169:791-800. 2004..Electric impedance tomography is a new imaging technique that is potentially capable of monitoring those imbalances...
- Optical projection tomography for spatio-temporal analysis in the zebrafishRobert J Bryson-Richardson
Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney 2010, Australia
Methods Cell Biol 76:37-50. 2004
- Tomographic imaging using the nonlinear response of magnetic particlesBernhard Gleich
Philips Research Hamburg, Röntgenstrasse 24 26, D 22335 Hamburg, Germany
Nature 435:1214-7. 2005..We evaluate the prospects for further improvement, and show that the method has the potential to be developed into an imaging method characterized by both high spatial resolution as well as high sensitivity...
- Distribution and three-dimensional structure of AIDS virus envelope spikesPing Zhu
Department of Biological Science and Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Nature 441:847-52. 2006..We applied cryoelectron microscopy tomography to define ultrastructural details of spikes...
- Multiscale imaging of neurons grown in culture: from light microscopy to cryo-electron tomographyVladan Lucic
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Department of Structural Biology, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Struct Biol 160:146-56. 2007Cryo-electron tomography (cryo-ET) allows the visualization of supramolecular architecture in cells preserved in a close-to-physiological state...
- The assessment of regional lung mechanics with electrical impedance tomography: a pilot study during recruitment manoeuvresCaroline A Grant
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Mater Children s Hospital, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101, Australia
Intensive Care Med 35:166-70. 2009..manoeuvres for improving regional ventilation distribution as characterised using electrical impedance tomography (EIT). DESIGN, SUBJECTS, INTERVENTIONS: A ventilated ovine smoke inhalation lung injury model was used...
- Real-time imaging of subarachnoid hemorrhage in piglets with electrical impedance tomographyMeng Dai
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, People s Republic of China
Physiol Meas 31:1229-39. 2010..In this study, electrical impedance tomography (EIT) was applied to detect the onset of SAH modeled on eight piglets in real time, with the subsequent process ..
- Multispectral opto-acoustic tomography (MSOT) of the brain and glioblastoma characterizationNeal C Burton
Institute for Biological and Medical Imaging, Helmholtz Center Munich, Neuherberg, Germany
Neuroimage 65:522-8. 2013..We examine herein multispectral opto-acoustic tomography (MSOT), a novel technology for high-resolution molecular imaging deep inside tissues...
- Patterns of diabetic macular edema with optical coherence tomographyT Otani
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 127:688-93. 1999We report cross-sectional images of diabetic macular edema and correlation between tomographic features and visual acuity with best correction by means of optical coherence tomography.
- Initial stages of posterior vitreous detachment in healthy eyes of older persons evaluated by optical coherence tomographyE Uchino
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1475-9. 2001..understanding of the development of posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) in healthy eyes using optical coherence tomography (OCT). METHODS: We studied 209 eyes of 209 healthy volunteers (165 men and 44 women; mean age, 52...
- Current constrained voltage scaled reconstruction (CCVSR) algorithm for MR-EIT and its performance with different probing current patternsOzlem Birgul
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Phys Med Biol 48:653-71. 2003Conventional injected-current electrical impedance tomography (EIT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) techniques can be combined to reconstruct high resolution true conductivity images...
- Uniqueness and reconstruction in magnetic resonance-electrical impedance tomography (MR-EIT)Y Ziya Ider
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
Physiol Meas 24:591-604. 2003Magnetic resonance-electrical impedance tomography (MR-EIT) was first proposed in 1992. Since then various reconstruction algorithms have been suggested and applied...
- Conductivity and current density image reconstruction using harmonic Bz algorithm in magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomographySuk Hoon Oh
Graduate School of East West Medical Sciences, Kyung Hee University, Korea
Phys Med Biol 48:3101-16. 2003Magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT) is to provide cross-sectional images of the conductivity distribution sigma of a subject...
- Experimental fluorescence tomography of tissues with noncontact measurementsRalf B Schulz
Department of Medical Physics in Radiology, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:492-500. 2004..could facilitate the use of large detector arrays at multiple angles that are well suited for diffuse optical tomography applications...
- Equipotential projection-based magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography and experimental realizationMahir S Ozdemir
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 06531 Ankara, Turkey
Phys Med Biol 49:4765-83. 2004..perpendicular to current lines in a volume conductor, is proposed for magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MR-EIT)...
- Optimization of 360 degrees projection fluorescence molecular tomographyTobias Lasser
Laboratory for Bio optics and Molecular Imaging, Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, 5406 Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Med Image Anal 11:389-99. 2007Fluorescence tomography of tissues has been generally limited to systems that require fixed geometries or measurements employing fibers...
- Sensitivity and specificity of multiphoton laser tomography for in vivo and ex vivo diagnosis of malignant melanomaEnrico Dimitrow
Department of Dermatology and Allergology, University of Jena, Jena, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 129:1752-8. 2009..Patient outcome and curability depend on early diagnosis. In vivo multiphoton laser tomography represents a recently developed diagnostic tool that allows non-invasive tissue imaging...
- Quantitative conductivity and permittivity imaging of the human brain using electric properties tomographyTobias Voigt
Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Institute of Biomedical Engineering, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Magn Reson Med 66:456-66. 2011..In this study, a recently developed approach, called electric properties tomography (EPT) is adapted for and applied to in vivo imaging...
- Giga-pixel lensfree holographic microscopy and tomography using color image sensorsSerhan O Isikman
Electrical Engineering Department, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45044. 2012We report Giga-pixel lensfree holographic microscopy and tomography using color sensor-arrays such as CMOS imagers that exhibit Bayer color filter patterns...
- Thalamocortical input onto layer 5 pyramidal neurons measured using quantitative large-scale array tomographyJong Cheol Rah
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Janelia Farm Research Campus Ashburn, VA, USA Developmental Synaptic Plasticity Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health Bethesda, MD, USA
Front Neural Circuits 7:177. 2013..Here we use array tomography (AT), a high-resolution optical microscopy method, to examine thalamocortical (TC) input onto layer 5 pyramidal ..
- Three-dimensional optical tomography: resolution in small-object imagingHamid Dehghani
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Appl Opt 42:3117-28. 2003Near-infrared (NIR) optical tomography provide estimates of the internal distribution of optical absorption and transport scattering from boundary measurement of light propagation within biological tissue...
- Electrical conductivity imaging using gradient B, decomposition algorithm in magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT)Chunjae Park
College of Electronics and Information, Kyung Hee University, Kyungki 449 701, Korea
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:388-94. 2004In magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT), we try to visualize cross-sectional conductivity (or resistivity) images of a subject...
- Compressed sensing based interior tomographyHengyong Yu
Biomedical Imaging Division, VT WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Science, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Phys Med Biol 54:2791-805. 2009..Because many objects in computed tomography (CT) applications can be approximately modeled as piecewise constant, our approach is practically useful and ..
- Multilevel bioluminescence tomography based on radiative transfer equation part 2: total variation and l1 data fidelityHao Gao
Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Opt Express 18:2894-912. 2010In this paper we study the regularization with both l1 and total-variation norm for bioluminescence tomography based on radiative transfer equation, compare l1 data fidelity with l2 data fidelity for different type of noise, and propose ..
- Spatial light interference tomography (SLIT)Zhuo Wang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Opt Express 19:19907-18. 2011We present spatial light interference tomography (SLIT), a label-free method for 3D imaging of transparent structures such as live cells...
- Three-dimensional, tomographic super-resolution fluorescence imaging of serially sectioned thick samplesSiddharth Nanguneri
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e38098. 2012..tomoSTORM, an approach combining single-molecule localization-based super-resolution microscopy with array tomography of structurally intact brain tissue...
- Fluorescence molecular tomography resolves protease activity in vivoVasilis Ntziachristos
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 8:757-60. 2002..in deep tissues, that molecular specificities of different beacons towards enzymes can be resolved and that tomography of beacon activation is linearly related to enzyme concentration...
- Correlation between optical coherence tomography data and biomicroscopic interpretation of idiopathic macular holeC Azzolini
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University Hospital San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 132:348-55. 2001This study was designed to assess the new clinical information given by optical coherence tomography in patients with idiopathic macular hole.
- Macular thickness changes in glaucomatous optic neuropathy detected using optical coherence tomographyDavid S Greenfield
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, 7108 Fairway Dr, Suite 340, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:41-6. 2003To correlate macular thickness and retinal nerve fiber layer (RNFL) thickness in normal and glaucomatous eyes using optical coherence tomography.
- Electron tomography of nascent herpes simplex virus virionsJoel D Baines
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, C5132 Veterinary Medical Center, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Virol 81:2726-35. 2007....
- Conical electron tomography of a chemical synapse: polyhedral cages dock vesicles to the active zoneGuido A Zampighi
Department of Neurobiology, Jules Stein Eye Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Neurosci 28:4151-60. 2008..we reconstructed chemical synapses of rat neocortex, the archetypical "average" synapse, by conical electron tomography, a method that exhibits an isotropic in plane resolution of approximately 3 nm and eliminates the need to impose ..
- Three-dimensional structure of herpes simplex virus from cryo-electron tomographyKay Grünewald
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Science 302:1396-8. 2003..The envelope contained 600 to 750 glycoprotein spikes that varied in length, spacing, and in the angles at which they emerge from the membrane. Their distribution was nonrandom, suggesting functional clustering...
- Jones-matrix imaging of biological tissues with quadruple-channel optical coherence tomographyShuliang Jiao
Texas A and M University, Optical Imaging Laboratory, Biomedical Engineering Program, College Station, Texas 77843 3120, USA
J Biomed Opt 7:350-8. 2002..tissues were measured with novel double-source double-detector polarization-sensitive optical coherence tomography (OCT). The Jones matrix can be determined in a single scan with this OCT system...
- Diagnosis of specialized intestinal metaplasia by optical coherence tomographyJ M Poneros
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 120:7-12. 2001BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an imaging technique that produces high-resolution cross-sectional images in vivo...
- Magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT): simulation study of J-substitution algorithmOhin Kwon
Department of Mathematics, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 49:160-7. 2002We developed a new image reconstruction algorithm for magnetic resonance electrical impedance tomography (MREIT). MREIT is a new EIT imaging technique integrated into magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system...
- Optical coherence tomography of branch retinal vein occlusionRichard F Spaide
Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York and the LuEsther T Mertz Retina Research Laboratory, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Retina 23:343-7. 2003To evaluate the incidence of serous retinal detachment (SRD) secondary to a branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) by using optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Real-time in vivo imaging by high-speed spectral optical coherence tomographyMaciej Wojtkowski
Institute of Physics, Nicholas Copernicus University, ul Grudziadzka 5 7, PL 87 100 Torun, Poland
Opt Lett 28:1745-7. 2003An improved spectral optical coherence tomography technique is used to obtain cross-sectional ophthalmic images at an exposure time of 64 micros per A-scan...
- EIT reconstruction algorithms: pitfalls, challenges and recent developmentsWilliam R B Lionheart
Department of Mathematics, UMIST, Manchester, M60 1QD, UK
Physiol Meas 25:125-42. 2004We review developments, issues and challenges in electrical impedance tomography (EIT) for the 4th Conference on Biomedical Applications of Electrical Impedance Tomography, held at Manchester in 2003...
- Cisternal organization of the endoplasmic reticulum during mitosisLei Lu
Department of Cell Biology and Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:3471-80. 2009..from rapid, live-cell, three-dimensional imaging with confirmation from high-resolution electron microscopy tomography of samples preserved by high-pressure freezing and freeze substitution, unambiguously showing that from ..
- Multilevel bioluminescence tomography based on radiative transfer equation Part 1: l1 regularizationHao Gao
Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Opt Express 18:1854-71. 2010In this paper we study an l1-regularized multilevel approach for bioluminescence tomography based on radiative transfer equation with the emphasis on improving imaging resolution and reducing computational time...
- Analysis of synaptic ultrastructure without fixative using high-pressure freezing and tomographyPhilippe Rostaing
INSERM U789, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Eur J Neurosci 24:3463-74. 2006..Particularly, filamentous projections were observed linking the PSD to the actin cytoskeleton. Thus, synaptic ultrastructure can be analysed under more realistic conditions following HPF...
- Shedding light onto live molecular targetsRalph Weissleder
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 9:123-8. 2003
- Comparison of different methods to define regions of interest for evaluation of regional lung ventilation by EITSven Pulletz
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Physiol Meas 27:S115-27. 2006The measurement of regional lung ventilation by electrical impedance tomography (EIT) has been evaluated in many experimental studies...
- Computational resources for cryo-electron tomography in BsoftJ Bernard Heymann
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 50, Room 1515, 50 South Drive MSC 8025, Bethesda, MD 20892 8025, USA
J Struct Biol 161:232-42. 2008..Resources are also included that allow resolution assessment by cross-validation (NLOO2D); denoising and interpretation; and the extraction, mutual alignment, and averaging of tomographic sub-volumes...
- 3D statistical parametric mapping of EEG source spectra by means of variable resolution electromagnetic tomography (VARETA)J Bosch-Bayard
Laboratory of Neurosciences, Cuban National Scientific Research Center, Havana, Cuba
Clin Electroencephalogr 32:47-61. 2001This article describes a new method for 3D QEEG tomography in the frequency domain. A variant of Statistical Parametric Mapping is presented for source log spectra...
- CTF determination and correction in electron cryotomographyJ J Fernandez
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Ultramicroscopy 106:587-96. 2006..CTF correction is essential for improving the resolution, particularly in those studies that combine cryoET with single particle averaging techniques...
- Evaluation of an electrical impedance tomography-based Global Inhomogeneity Index for pulmonary ventilation distributionZhanqi Zhao
Section for Experimental Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 35:1900-6. 2009To evaluate the plausibility, stability, and interindividual comparability of the global inhomogeneity index (GI) based on electrical impedance tomography (EIT).
- Electron cryotomography of immature HIV-1 virions reveals the structure of the CA and SP1 Gag shellsElizabeth R Wright
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
EMBO J 26:2218-26. 2007..This model suggests why the SP1 spacer is essential for assembly of the Gag lattice and how cleavage between SP1 and CA acts as a structural switch controlling maturation...
- Electron tomography of the contact between T cells and SIV/HIV-1: implications for viral entryRachid Sougrat
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 3:e63. 2007..We have used electron tomography to determine the three-dimensional architectures of purified SIV virions in isolation and in contact with CD4+ ..
- Three-dimensional electrical impedance tomography of human brain activityT Tidswell
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Middlesex Hospital, London W1N 8AA, United Kingdom
Neuroimage 13:283-94. 2001..Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) is a newly developed technique by which impedance measurements from the surface of an object are ..
- Optical coherence tomography demonstrates subretinal macular edema from papilledemaV J Hoye
Department of Ophthalmology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:1287-90. 2001..evaluate macular changes in eyes with papilledema from increased intracranial pressure using optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Electrical impedance tomography (EIT): a reviewB H Brown
Medical Physics and Clinical Engineering, University of Sheffield, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, UK
J Med Eng Technol 27:97-108. 2003Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) has been the subject of quite intensive research for about 20 years but has yet to become established as a routine tool in healthcare...
- Compact, low-cost Ti:Al2O3 laser for in vivo ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomographyA Unterhuber
Department of Medical Physics, Christian Doppler Laboratory, University of Vienna, Vienna A 1090, Austria
Opt Lett 28:905-7. 2003..Ultrahigh-resolution ophthalmic optical coherence tomography (OCT) ex vivo imaging in an animal model with approximately 1...
- Electrical impedance tomography: a method for monitoring regional lung aeration and tidal volume distribution?Inez Frerichs
Department of Anaesthesiological Research, Centre of Anaesthesiology, Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Intensive Care Med 29:2312-6. 2003To demonstrate the monitoring capacity of modern electrical impedance tomography (EIT) as an indicator of regional lung aeration and tidal volume distribution.
- Planar system for magnetic induction conductivity measurement using a sensor matrixC H Riedel
Institut für Biomedizinische Technik, Universitat Karlsruhe TH, Kaiserstr 12, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Physiol Meas 25:403-11. 2004In this study the performance of an axial gradiometer sensor for magnetic induction tomography was investigated and the results of measurements to determine the precision and sensitivity of the sensor were undertaken...
- Distribution of ventilation in young and elderly adults determined by electrical impedance tomographyInez Frerichs
Department of Anaesthesiological Research, Center of Anaesthesiology, Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, TL 195, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 143:63-75. 2004..D.) and eight old (73 +/- 5 years) healthy men were studied by electrical impedance tomography in four body positions (sitting, supine, right and left lateral)...
- Agreement between stereoscopic photographs, clinical assessment, Heidelberg retina tomograph and digital stereoscopic optic disc camera in estimating vertical cup:disc ratioThiran Jayasundera
Department of Ophthalmology, University at Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Clin Exp Ophthalmol 33:259-63. 2005....
- Uptake of C60 by human monocyte macrophages, its localization and implications for toxicity: studied by high resolution electron microscopy and electron tomographyAlexandra E Porter
The Nanoscience Centre, University of Cambridge, 11 JJ Thompson Avenue, Cambridge CB3 OFF, UK
Acta Biomater 2:409-19. 2006..transmission electron microscopy (EFTEM) and scanning transmission electron microscopy (STEM)-based electron tomography as techniques for imaging the three-dimensional (3-D) distribution of nanoparticles within cells...
- Correlative microscopy: bridging the gap between fluorescence light microscopy and cryo-electron tomographyAnna Sartori
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Department of Molecular Structural Biology, Am Klopferspitz 18, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Struct Biol 160:135-45. 2007Cryo-electron tomography of frozen-hydrated biological samples offers a means of studying large and complex cellular structures in three-dimensions and with nanometer-scale resolution...
- Unique structures in a tumor herpesvirus revealed by cryo-electron tomography and microscopyWei Dai
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Struct Biol 161:428-38. 2008..characterization of a whole gammaherpesvirus virion by an emerging integrated approach of cryo-electron tomography combined with single-particle cryo-electron microscopy, using murine gammaherpesvirus-68 (MHV-68) as a model ..
- Validation of a multi-frequency electrical impedance tomography (mfEIT) system KHU Mark1: impedance spectroscopy and time-difference imagingTong In Oh
Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering, University College London, UK
Physiol Meas 29:295-307. 2008Validation and interpretation of reconstructed images using a multi-frequency electrical impedance tomography (mfEIT) requires a conductivity phantom including imaging objects with known complex conductivity (sigma + iomegaepsilon) ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2013..evaluations may include the following examinations and tests: -Eye examination with dilation, optical coherence tomography and photography: The examination measures visual acuity, thickness of your retina (the back of the eye) andeye ..
- STATISITICAL DESIGN, MONITORING &COORD. OF VISION CLINICAL TRIALS &EPIDEMIOLOGYKeri Hammel; Fiscal Year: 2012..evaluations may include the following examinations and tests: -Eye examination with dilation, optical coherence tomography and photography: The examination measures visual acuity, thickness of your retina (the back of the eye) andeye ..
- Qinghua Sun; Fiscal Year: 2015..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to evaluate body fat mass/distribution, integrated positron-emission tomography and computed tomography (microPET-CT) to evaluate the activity of brown adipose tissue, tissue histological ..
- Ang II and Aldosterone Effects on Insulin Resistance in Cardiovascular TissueJAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..our state of the art rodent imaging center to conduct critical in vivo investigations, employ positron emission tomography (PET) scanning to evaluate insulin stimulated glucose uptake in the heart, and cine-magnetic resonance imaging ..
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialBARBARA O'BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..advances, specifically, the advent of low-dose techniques with rapid, computerized helical computed tomography, have allowed detection of smaller lung nodules...
- Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening TrialMona Fouad; Fiscal Year: 2013..advances, specifically, the advent of low-dose techniques with rapid, computerized helical computed tomography, have allowed detection of smaller lung nodules...
- Novel PET imaging agents for early diagnosis of plaque deposition in Alzheimer'sPadmakar Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2010..Positron emission tomography (PET scan) can create image of the harmful beta amyoid plaque in the brains of living Alzheimer's patients...
- Melissa A Rosenkranz; Fiscal Year: 2014..All participants will perform a psychosocial stress test. Positron emission tomography (PET) will be used to measure the neural response to the stressor, such that uptake of radiolabeled glucose will ..
- Arthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2016..of procedures: (1) telephone/in-person screening, (2) a bolus-plus-continuous-infusion 2- FA positron emission tomography (PET) scanning session, (3) a structural magnetic resonance imaging scan within one week of the initial PET ..
- JAMES FRANCIS MCGINNIS; Fiscal Year: 2015..Fundoscopy, electroretinography and optical coherence tomography will be used for longitudinal studies on the same animal to evaluate neovascularization, retinal function and ..
- Susan L Deutscher; Fiscal Year: 2016..of polypeptide scaffolds once radiolabeled, will form the foundation for novel single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission computed tomography (PET) imaging agents for prostate, breast, and ovarian tumors...
- Novel, Rapidly Translatable Technologies for Healing Long Bone Segmental DefectsChristopher H Evans; Fiscal Year: 2010..Post-mortem, femora will be analyzed by dual energy X- ray absorptiometry, 1/4-computed tomography, histology and mechanical testing...
- Drug Interactions at the Human Blood-Brain BarrierJashvant D Unadkat; Fiscal Year: 2010..This changed with the development by our laboratory of a novel, innovative and non-invasive, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging method to quantitatively measure P-gp activity and its inhibition/induction at the human BBB...
- Air Pollution on Adiposity and Vascular Dysfunction: White or Brown Matters?Qinghua Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to evaluate body fat mass/distribution, integrated positron-emission tomography and computed tomography (microPET-CT) to evaluate the activity of brown adipose tissue, tissue histological ..
- Edward P Feener; Fiscal Year: 2016..showed that in the presence of diabetes, CA-I caused intraretinal thickening, measured by 3D optical coherence tomography (OCT), at this time point...
- Brian Wong; Fiscal Year: 2014..Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is an imaging modality that utilizes light to produce high-resolution images of living tissues with a ..
- Ai Ling Lin; Fiscal Year: 2016..non-invasive brain imaging methods (magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy (MRI/MRS) and positron emission tomography (PET)) to assess brain metabolic, hemodynamic and neuronal (structural and functional) integrity and its ..
- Robin Patel; Fiscal Year: 2015..e., bone strength testing), whole organ (i.e., bone micro-computed tomography) and tissue (i.e., histomorphometry) assessments...
- ANNE LOUISE SCHAFER; Fiscal Year: 2015..She will do this by performing dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), quantitative computed tomography (QCT), and high-resolution peripheral QCT (HR-pQCT) pre-operatively and 6 and 12 months post-operatively (Aim 2)...
- Dual-Receptor Targeted Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy of Brain CancerAnn Marie Broome; Fiscal Year: 2013..conjugates in vivo in receptor overexpressing 9L tumor bearing mice using 3-dimensional fluorescence molecular tomography (FMT)...
- Jun Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2014..development and testing of an innovative high speed long range endoscopic Fourier domain optical coherence tomography (FDOCT) system capable of non-invasive real time acquisition of quantitative anatomic information such as cross ..
- Catherine M Gordon; Fiscal Year: 2015..one-year trial, state-of-the-art imaging techniques will be employed, including peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT), visual assessments of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data, MR relaxometry and magnetic resonance ..
- Salivary-based Bone-loss Marker Detection Platform for Point-of-Care ScreeningMANAL BESHAY; Fiscal Year: 2012..BMD) measurements are imaging techniques such as dual photon absorptiometry (DPA), quantitative computed tomography (QCT), and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA)...
- CT Evaluation of the Myocardial Effects of Risk FactorsLilach O Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multi-detector computed tomography (CT) will be used to quantify non-invasively myocardial regional perfusion, ischemia, and microvascular ..
- Optical Molecular Tomography for Regenerative MedicineGe Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall goal of this project is to develop a first-of-its-kind multi-probe multi-modal optical molecular tomography system for regenerative medicine and to demonstrate its utility in assessing the bioengineered blood vessels at ..
- Vijay Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2015..Currently, common single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) MPI agents comprise 201Tl or moderately hydrophobic and cationic 99mTc-complexes, such as 99mTc-..
- Validation of a functional MRI-based reward processing task as a non-invasive tooMARY LOUISE PHILLIPS; Fiscal Year: 2010..To do this, we aim to use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and [11C]raclopride Positron Emission Tomography (PET) during a physiological challenge (monetary reward task) and a pharmacological challenge, (d-amphetamine) ..
- David E Harrison; Fiscal Year: 2014..will be determined: body composition and subcutaneous/visceral fat tissue distribution (using computerized tomography imaging);circulating adipokines (adiponectin, resistin, IL-6, and TNF-alpha);circulating and tissue levels of ..
- Elizabeth R Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2016..The first is single photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography (SPECT/CT) imaging, using 99m Tc-duramycin (DU) and 99m Tc- hexamethylpropyleneamine oxime (..
- David M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2014..Diminished ventral striatal DRD2 availability determined in vivo by positron emission tomography (PET) has been linked in humans and animal models to novelty seeking and related maladaptive forms of ..
- Sylvain Gioux; Fiscal Year: 2015..Although other optical techniques such as optical coherence tomography (OCT), scattering spectroscopy, and absorption spectroscopy have already been applied to the identification of ..
- A Prospective Study of Adiposity and Subclinical Coronary Artery DiseaseCHRISTINA LYNN WASSEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..participants from 3 ethnic groups (Caucasians, African Americans and Filipinos) who had electron beam computed tomography (EBCT) scans of the chest and abdomen for coronary artery calcium (CAC) and visceral fat (VF), respectively...
- Serpil C Erzurum; Fiscal Year: 2016..to HIF-expression [increased lung glucose uptake by 18F- fluoro-deoxy-glucose analogue - positron emission tomography (FDG-PET), high-levels of plasma erythropoietin (Epo) and mobilization of bone marrow progenitors] are present ..
- Eve Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2016..1500 ft2 of dedicated lab space for the PI;multiple shared experimental facilities, including micro computed tomography (microCT) and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy;numerous seminars and journal clubs;and career ..
- Imaging of Aortic Atherosclerosis and Inflammation in the Metabolic SyndromeWarren J Manning; Fiscal Year: 2012..vascular imaging techniques, including cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) and multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) offer the opportunity to identify, quantify, and characterize atherosclerosis...
- Edward O McFalls; Fiscal Year: 2016..At 12 and 20 weeks, a prebypass and postbypass multi-detector computer tomography (MDCT) and transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE) in both groups will be obtained to determine LIMA patency, ..
- Laurence J N Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2014..to introduce the CAR as well as co-express HSV-1 thymidine kinase (TK) for imaging by positron emission tomography (PET)...
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Epicardial fat thickness will be measured by cardiac CT. Angiogram and Optical Coherence Tomography will be done to assess cardiac function and quantify in-segment minimal luminal diameter and intimal hyperplasia...
- MERYL SUSAN LEBOFF; Fiscal Year: 2016..BMD (vBMD), structure, and micro- architecture non-invasively with high-resolution peripheral computed tomography (HR-pQCT)...
- Gang Ren; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus, we invented an individual particle electron tomography (IPET) technique that allows us to obtain a 3D cryoET density map using intermediate resolution (~3nm) based ..
- Hao F Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..by developing multimodal technologies based on functional photoacoustic ophthalmoscopy (PAOM), optical coherence tomography (OCT)/optical Doppler tomography (ODT)...
- Validation of a multi-gene test for lung cancer riskJames C Willey; Fiscal Year: 2010..to improve post-diagnosis outcome of lung cancer through early detection by means of low-dose spiral coaxial tomography (CT) screening and surgical intervention are promising...
- Zipcode based nano-imaging of hypertensive pulmonary arteriesRubin M Tuder; Fiscal Year: 2010..assembly (Pasqualini/Arap), nanodevice assembly and chemistry (Boyes), and in vivo optical, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging (Serkova)...
- Yan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..use advanced technologies, including high frequency A-scan ultrasonography, spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) and electroretinography (ERG)...
- Wai Hong Wilson Tang; Fiscal Year: 2016..enzyme expression and uptake of the glucose analogue [18F]2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose by positron emission tomography (fasting FDG-PET) in PAH patients...
- Thasarat Vajaranant; Fiscal Year: 2016..comparing measures of optic nerve aging, as indexed by thinning of the retinal nerve fiber by optical coherence tomography and decreased light sensitivity by visual field testing in women who underwent early oophorectomy and age-..
- Quantitative Assessment of Oxidative Metabolism in Brown FatOtto Muzik; Fiscal Year: 2011..Recently, numerous papers have appeared in the positron emission tomography (PET) literature identifying symmetric foci of intense uptake of 18F-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) uptake in humans, and ..
- Humanized Transgenic Mice Reproduce the Disease Evolution in Severe RAGrete Sonderstrup; Fiscal Year: 2010..and to develop in vivo monitoring protocols using a combination of clinical arthritis scoring, X-rays, X-ray tomography, and luciferase imaging...
- Guido Musch; Fiscal Year: 2014..Positron Emission and Computed Tomography imaging and advanced tracer kinetic modeling will be employed to measure regional metabolic activity of ..
- Walter H Kaye; Fiscal Year: 2015..This 5 year study, of women 18 to 45 years old, will employ positron emission tomography (PET) imaging with radioligands for the serotonin (5-HT) transporter ([11C]DASB) and dopamine (DA) D2/D3 ..
- Thomas J Meade; Fiscal Year: 2015..MRI does not use ionizing radiation or radioactivity like positron emission tomography (PET) and X-ray/CT, and it allows for 3D reconstructions and high resolution imaging over time without the need ..
- Dopaminergic Mechanisms of Cytokine-Induced Behavioral ChangeAndrew H Miller; Fiscal Year: 2012..Relevant to the role of DA and the basal ganglia in these effects, neuroimaging studies using positron emission tomography (PET) in patients undergoing IFN-alpha therapy have revealed increased basal ganglia glucose metabolism and ..
- Brain Nicotine Receptor Density &Response to Nicotine PatchArthur Brody; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot data from our ongoing studies using positron emission tomography (PET) and the radiotracer 2-[18F]fluoro-3-(2(S)azetidinylmethoxy) pyridine (abbreviated as 2-FA) in cigarette ..
- Statins for Pulmonary and Cardiac Complications of Chronic HIV (The SPARC Trial)Stephen R Wisniewski; Fiscal Year: 2013..the trial will be randomized to treatment or placebo with 3 and 6 month measures of pulmonary function, computed tomography, echocardiography, carotid intima media thickness, flow-mediated dilation and inflammatory biomarkers...
- Using PET isotopes to identify drug targets and to diagnose infectious diseasesPeter J Tonge; Fiscal Year: 2010Positron emission tomography (PET) radioisotopes, such as carbon-11 (11C) and fluorine-18 (18F), will be incorporated into current antibiotics, such as the tuberculosis drugs isoniazid and rifampicin, in order to directly identify the ..
- RODICA BUSUI POP-BUSUI; Fiscal Year: 2014..The manifestations of sympathetic activation will be determined by positron emission tomography (PET) with [11C]meta-hydroxyephedrine ([11C]HED), heart rate variability, and 24-hour blood pressure monitoring ..
- Vitamin D and fibroblast growth factor 23 physiology in adolescent girlsDEBORAH MICHELLE MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..imaging by both dual-emission X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and high-resolution peripheral quantitative computed tomography. We will examine the association of FGF23 with measures of bone mineral density, bone microarchitecture, and ..
- Khalid A Shah; Fiscal Year: 2016..efficacy by in vivo BLI, intravital microscopy (IVM), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) and thus to fine tune the proposed approaches...
- PETER D CARAVAN; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Positron Emission Tomography Imaging of Thrombus. The goal of this proposal is to develop a fibrin-specific positron emission tomography (PET) probe for direct imaging of thrombus...
- RCT of US versus CT for Patients in the ED with Suspected Renal ColicRebecca Smith Bindman; Fiscal Year: 2010..there is limited scientific data to support the choice in the Emergency Department (ED) between computerized tomography (CT) - the most common test used for urolithiasis -- and ultrasonography - a less expensive test that entails no ..
- Hiroshi Mashimo; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an emerging imaging technology which performs high resolution, cross-sectional and three-dimensional (3D) imaging of tissue morphology in situ and in real time...
- ERICA PAULINE GUNDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will also examine lactation duration and visceral fat in mid-life (Year 25, 2010-2011) via computed tomography. Finally, within the lactation-incident DM association we will examine history of GDM as an effect modifier, and ..
- Combined raman spectroscopy-optical tomagraphy for complete diagnosis of skin canAnita Mahadevan Jansen; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal we present a method that combines Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), an imaging technique that visualizes tissue microstructure, with Raman spectroscopy, a spectroscopy ..
- FDG-PET and V/Q SPECT Acquired During Radiation to Predict Outcomes in Lung CanceFeng Ming Kong; Fiscal Year: 2009..Who can be cured and who will develop side effects? Computed tomography (CT) provides a useful tool to monitor, but a limited power to predict both tumor control and lung toxicity...
- Comparative effectiveness of noninvasive cardiac imagingMarcelo F Di Carli; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., myocardial perfusion SPECT), newer imaging technology including coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA), and positron emission tomography (PET) are receiving considerable attention with the goal of ..
- Clinical Validation of BCT - Phase IIDAVID KOPPERDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2010..A 3D biomechanics-based technique, which we term Biomechanical Computed Tomography (BCT), addresses this need through a combination of engineering finite element analysis, 3D quantitative ..
- Hyperpolarized 129-Xenon-based MRI Probes for Brain InjuryJEREMY PHILLIP CELVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The sensitivity of positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) have led to the widespread use of these ..
- Ear Canal Optical Coherent Tomography SystemPAUL SHNITSER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Physical Optics Corporation proposes development of a new Ear Canal Optical Coherent Tomography (ECOCT) system to obtain the shape of the individual ear canal and the corresponding 3-D image of the underlying ..
- Northeastern Ohio Animal Imaging Resource Center- NOAIRCJeffrey Duerk; Fiscal Year: 2006..Systems will include a combined micro-X-ray computed tomography/SPECT system, a clinical SPECT system with pin-hole collimators, a high resolution micro-PET system, and 7T and ..
- In Vivo Optical Imaging Scanner for Small Animal ResearchSTUART BERR; Fiscal Year: 2009..Center (UVaMIC) that houses state of the art imaging devices including magnetic resonance (MR), X-ray computed tomography (CT), planar fluorescence and bioluminescence imaging (BLI), single gamma emission tomography (SPECT), and ..
- RESCUE: Randomized Evaluation of Patients with Stable Angina Comparing UtilizatioArthur E Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specifically, the report recommends: "Compare the effectiveness of computed tomography (CT) angiography and conventional angiography in assessing coronary stenosis in patients at moderate pretest ..
- Positron Emission Tomography to Evaluate Thymic FunctionLaura Napolitano; Fiscal Year: 2006..fluorodeoxyglucose by thymic tissue has been previously detected and quantitated by positron emission tomography (PET)...
- FULLY THREE-DIMENSIONAL TOMOGRAPHY MEETINGGRANT GULLBERG; Fiscal Year: 1993..The meeting will focus on research topics related to fully three-dimensional tomography such as cone-beam tomography in single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and x-ray computed tomography ..
- Assessment of Brain Iron and Neuronal Integrity Using Novel T1r and T2r MRIShalom Michaeli; Fiscal Year: 2009..Current radiotracing imaging techniques such as positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) lack the ability to ascertain dopamine neuronal ..
- 3D CORONARY RECONSTRUCTION AND MULTIMODALITY FUSIONShiuh Yung Chen; Fiscal Year: 2003..using the two-dimensional (2-D) display format such as coronary angiography, echocardiography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, or radionuclide tomography...
- Optical Coherence Tomography Based Freeze Drying MicroscopyMircea Mujat; Fiscal Year: 2010..During the Phase I program PSI will demonstrate the application of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for imaging the 3D structure of product formulations freeze dried in standard product vials...
- Quantitative periprosthetic PET/CTThomas Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both Computed Tomography (CT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) have been recognized as potential diagnostic alternatives with ..
- Noninvasive Diagnosis of Early Bladder Cancers with Optical Coherence TomographyYingtian Pan; Fiscal Year: 2007This research proposes to apply our newly developed cystoscopic optical coherence tomography (COCT) to substantially enhance the image resolution and sensitivity/specificity of current endoscopic procedures in the diagnosis and staging of ..
- Clinical Validation of BCTDAVID KOPPERDAHL; Fiscal Year: 2007..A 3D biomechanics-based technique, which we term Biomechanical Computed Tomography (BCT), addresses this need through a combination of engineering finite element analysis, 3D quantitative ..
- PET/SPECT/CT Camera for Small Animal Imaging at UMMSDonald Hnatowich; Fiscal Year: 2007..Modalities such as positron emission tomography (PET) and single photon emission tomography (SPECT) are of considerable value to researchers concerned with ..
- Optical Fluorescence and X-Ray Computed Tomography Scanner for Small Animal In-ViSETH D SHULMAN; Fiscal Year: 2011..small animal imaging system for fluorescent reporter probes that fuses fluorescence light emitting computed tomography (FLECT) with X- ray computed tomography (CT)...