Genomes and Genes
Summary: Combination or superimposition of two images for demonstrating differences between them (e.g., radiograph with contrast vs. one without, radionuclide images using different radionuclides, radiograph vs. radionuclide image) and in the preparation of audiovisual materials (e.g., offsetting identical images, coloring of vessels in angiograms).
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Human identification using finger imagesAjay Kumar
Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Image Process 21:2228-44. 2012..The rigorous experimental results presented on the database of 6264 images from 156 subjects illustrate significant improvement in the performance, i.e., both from the authentication and recognition experiments...
- Spatial normalization of lesioned brains: performance evaluation and impact on fMRI analysesJenny Crinion
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, UCL, 12 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
Neuroimage 37:866-75. 2007..This has important implications for users of both structural and functional imaging techniques in the study of patients with structural brain damage...
- PET-CT image registration in the chest using free-form deformationsDavid Mattes
The Boeing Company, Phantom Works, M and CT, Advanced Systems Laboratory, PO Box 3707, MC 7L 40, Seattle, WA 98124 2207, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:120-8. 2003..The visually reported errors are in the 0- to 6-mm range and the average computation time is 100 min on a moderate-performance workstation...
- GRAM: A framework for geodesic registration on anatomical manifoldsJihun Hamm
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3600 Market Street, Suite 380, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Med Image Anal 14:633-42. 2010..We demonstrate the advantages of the proposed framework over direct registration with both simulated and real databases of brain images...
- Brain functional localization: a survey of image registration techniquesAli Gholipour
Electrical Engineering Department, University of Texas at Dallas, 2601 North Floyd Rd, Richardson, TX 75083, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 26:427-51. 2007....
- Ventilation from four-dimensional computed tomography: density versus Jacobian methodsRichard Castillo
Department of Imaging Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Phys Med Biol 55:4661-85. 2010....
- Registration-based estimates of local lung tissue expansion compared to xenon CT measures of specific ventilationJoseph M Reinhardt
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Med Image Anal 12:752-63. 2008..Using 3D image registration to match images acquired at 10 cm H(2)O and 15 cm H(2)O airway pressures gave the best match between the average Jacobian and the xenon CT specific ventilation (linear regression, average r(2)=0.73)...
- A fast nonrigid image registration with constraints on the Jacobian using large scale constrained optimizationMichael Sdika
AIMS Group, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:271-81. 2008..Numerical experiments are presented on magnetic resonance images using synthetic deformations and atlas based segmentation...
- Assessing tumor response to therapyWolfgang A Weber
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Nucl Med 50:1S-10S. 2009..International guidelines and criteria for response assessment by (18)F-FDG PET in solid tumors are, therefore, eagerly awaited...
- Support vector trackingShai Avidan
MobilEye Vision Technologies LTD, Jerusalem, Israel
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1064-72. 2004..To account for large motions between successive frames, we build pyramids from the support vectors and use a coarse-to-fine approach in the classification stage. We show results of using SVT for vehicle tracking in image sequences...
- Image similarity and tissue overlaps as surrogates for image registration accuracy: widely used but unreliableTorsten Rohlfing
Neuroscience Program, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 31:153-63. 2012..We conclude that tissue overlap and image similarity, whether used alone or together, do not provide valid evidence for accurate registrations and should thus not be reported or accepted as such...
- Visual tracking and recognition using appearance-adaptive models in particle filtersShaohua Kevin Zhou
University of Maryland, College Park, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:1491-506. 2004..For recognition purposes, we model the appearance changes between frames and gallery images by constructing the intra- and extrapersonal spaces. Accurate recognition is achieved when confronted by pose and view variations...
- A review of geometric transformations for nonrigid body registrationM Holden
CSIRO ICT Centre, North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:111-28. 2008..The final section reviews some recent evaluation studies. The paper concludes by explaining under what conditions a particular transformation model is appropriate...
- Alignment of sparse freehand 3-D ultrasound with preoperative images of the liver using models of respiratory motion and deformationJane M Blackall
Computational Imaging Science Group, Division of Imaging Sciences, Guy s King s and St Thomas Medical School, King s College London, London, UK
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:1405-16. 2005..Finally, the system is tested using real US and verified using visual inspection...
- Non-diffeomorphic registration of brain tumor images by simulating tissue loss and tumor growthEvangelia I Zacharaki
Section of Biomedical Image Analysis, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuroimage 46:762-74. 2009....
- 3-D deformable image registration: a topology preservation scheme based on hierarchical deformation models and interval analysis optimizationVincent Noblet
Universite Louis Pasteur ULP, 67085 Strasbourg, France
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:553-66. 2005..Care is taken to keep the computational burden as low as possible. Results on multipatient 3-D MRI registration illustrate the ability of the method to preserve topology on the continuous image domain...
- Removal of CSF pixels on brain MR perfusion images using first several images and Otsu's thresholding techniqueYi Hsuan Kao
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Magn Reson Med 64:743-8. 2010..The proposed technique is simple, fast, automatic, and effective, and no extra scanning is needed to use this technique...
- RABBIT: rapid alignment of brains by building intermediate templatesSongyuan Tang
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27510, USA
Neuroimage 47:1277-87. 2009..Compared with HAMMER, the experimental results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm can achieve over five times speedup, with similar registration accuracy and statistical power in detecting brain atrophy...
- Automated 3-dimensional elastic registration of whole-body PET and CT from separate or combined scannersRaj Shekhar
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Nucl Med 46:1488-96. 2005..Although a combined PET/CT scanner removes many of these misalignments, breathing-related nonrigid mismatches still persist...
- Deformation-based mapping of volume change from serial brain MRI in the presence of local tissue contrast changeColin Studholme
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, Northern California Institute for Research and Education, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 25:626-39. 2006..Finally, examples of applying the technique to map different patterns of atrophy rate in different neurodegenerative conditions is included...
- Does SISCOM contribute to favorable seizure outcome after epilepsy surgery?Jan Anders Ahnlide
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Epilepsia 48:579-88. 2007....
- Contribution of subtraction ictal SPECT coregistered to MRI to epilepsy surgery: a multicenter studyHiroshi Matsuda
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Saitama Medical University International Medical Center, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama 350 1298, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 23:283-91. 2009....
- Reconstructing arbitrarily focused images from two differently focused images using linear filtersAkira Kubota
Department of Information Processing, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:1848-59. 2005..The method performs well for real images acquired without visible artifacts...
- Directed graph based image registrationHongjun Jia
Department of Radiology and BRIC, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Comput Med Imaging Graph 36:139-51. 2012..It is shown that our method can achieve more accurate registration results than both the undirected graph based solution and the direct pairwise registration...
- Improving shape from focus using defocus cueK S Pradeep
IEEE Trans Image Process 16:1920-5. 2007..The reconstructed 3-D structure as well as the quality of the restored image are superior for the proposed method in comparison to traditional SFF...
- Registration of central paths and colonic polyps between supine and prone scans in computed tomography colonography: pilot studyPing Li
Department of Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Med Phys 31:2912-23. 2004..With polyp registration, the average number of comparisons was 1.78 per polyp, as opposed to 4.28 comparisons without polyp registration...
- ORBIT: a multiresolution framework for deformable registration of brain tumor imagesEvangelia I Zacharaki
Section of Biomedical Image Analysis, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, 3600 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 27:1003-17. 2008....
- [ROC analysis of detection of interval changes in interstitial lung diseases on digital chest radiographs using the temporal subtraction technique]Yoshiharu Higashida
Department of Radiological Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University
Nihon Igaku Hoshasen Gakkai Zasshi 64:35-40. 2004To demonstrate the clinical usefulness of a temporal subtraction technique for the detection of interval changes in various interstitial lung diseases on digital chest radiographs.
- Mapping of the prostate in endorectal coil-based MRI/MRSI and CT: a deformable registration and validation studyJ Lian
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Med Phys 31:3087-94. 2004..The technique should be useful to map the MR spectroscopic dataset acquired with ER probe onto the treatment planning CT dataset to guide radiotherapy planning...
- Standards for PET image acquisition and quantitative data analysisRonald Boellaard
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:11S-20S. 2009..Special attention is given to the rationale underlying certain recommendations and to some of the differences in various guidelines...
- A new approach to elastography using mutual information and finite elementsMichael I Miga
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B, 351631, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Phys Med Biol 48:467-80. 2003..g., magnetic resonance, computed tomography, ultrasound. etc) that have sufficient anatomically-based intensity heterogeneity and remain consistent from a pre- to a post-deformed state could be used in this paradigm...
- A methodology for generating normal and pathological brain perfusion SPECT images for evaluation of MRI/SPECT fusion methods: application in epilepsyC Grova
Laboratoire IDM, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
Phys Med Biol 48:4023-43. 2003..The features of the proposed approach are compared with those of other methods previously described to obtain datasets appropriate for the assessment of fusion methods...
- PET/CT detection of unexpected gastrointestinal foci of 18F-FDG uptake: incidence, localization patterns, and clinical significanceOra Israel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 35254, Israel
J Nucl Med 46:758-62. 2005..The purpose of the present study was to retrospectively evaluate the nature and significance of unexpected focal (18)F-FDG uptake localized by PET/CT within the GIT...
- Level set analysis for leukocyte detection and trackingDipti Prasad Mukherjee
Electronics and Communication Sciences Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta 700108, India
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:562-72. 2004..Results of successful tracking of rolling leukocytes from a number of digital video sequences are reported and compared with the results from a correlation tracking scheme...
- A gradient-based method for segmenting FDG-PET images: methodology and validationXavier Geets
Department of Radiation Oncology, Center for Molecular Imaging and Experimental Radiotherapy, Universite Catholique de Louvain, St Luc University Hospital, 1200, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:1427-38. 2007..A new gradient-based method for segmenting FDG-PET images is described and validated...
- Identification, sequencing, and localization of a new carbonic anhydrase transcript from the hydrothermal vent tubeworm Riftia pachyptilaSophie Sanchez
Equipe Ecophysiologie Adaptation et Evolution Moléculaires, UMR 7144 CNRS UPMC, Station Biologique, Roscoff, France
FEBS J 274:5311-24. 2007..Complete sequencing of the new carbonic anhydrase transcript revealed the existence of two slightly divergent isoforms probably coded by two different genes...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of blood flow with a phase subtraction technique. In vitro and in vivo validationA J Evans
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
Invest Radiol 28:109-15. 1993..A velocity-encoding phase subtraction technique was used to measure the velocity and flow rate of fluid flow in a phantom and blood flow in volunteers.
- Cell population tracking and lineage construction with spatiotemporal contextKang Li
Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Med Image Anal 12:546-66. 2008..The system, which was tested using a variety of cell populations, achieved tracking accuracy in the range of 86.9-92.5%...
- Multimodality imaging in Europe: a survey by the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) and the European Society of Radiology (ESR)Alberto Cuocolo
Department of Biomorphological and Functional Sciences, Institute of Biostructures and Bioimages of the National Research Council, University of Naples Federico II and SDN Foundation, Institute of Diagnostic and Nuclear Development, Naples, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:163-7. 2010....
- Automated segmentation of 3-D spectral OCT retinal blood vessels by neural canal opening false positive suppressionZhihong Hu
Department of Electrical, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 13:33-40. 2010..81 (0.72 for previously reported approach) for the region around the NCO and 0.84 for the region outside the NCO (0.81 for previously reported approach)...
- Influence of subtraction ictal SPECT on surgical management in focal epilepsy of indeterminate localization: a prospective studyK Meng Tan
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Epilepsy Res 82:190-3. 2008..For some patients whose noninvasive evaluations did not clearly localize a surgical focus, SISCOM data can have a major impact on decisions to recommend resective epilepsy surgery or IEI...
- Prospective feasibility trial of radiotherapy target definition for head and neck cancer using 3-dimensional PET and CT imagingChristopher Scarfone
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Nucl Med 45:543-52. 2004..The aim of this investigation was to evaluate the influence and accuracy of (18)F-FDG PET in target volume definition as a complementary modality to CT for patients with head and neck cancer (HNC) using dedicated PET and CT scanners...
- Significance of incidental 18F-FDG accumulations in the gastrointestinal tract in PET/CT: correlation with endoscopic and histopathologic resultsEhab M Kamel
Nuclear Medicine, Department of Medical Radiology, University Hospital of Zurich, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 45:1804-10. 2004..This study was undertaken to identify the clinical value of incidentally detected lesions (IDLs) in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) with (18)F-FDG PET/CT...
- Detection of unexpected additional primary malignancies with PET/CTTakayoshi Ishimori
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 601 N Caroline Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Nucl Med 46:752-7. 2005..This study evaluated the yield of whole-body (18)F-FDG PET/CT for the detection of unexpected (18)F-FDG-avid additional primary malignant tumors in patients being evaluated by PET/CT for known or suspected malignances...
- Non-rigid registration of a 3D ultrasound and a MR image data set of the female pelvic floor using a biomechanical modelJanko F Verhey
Department of Medical Informatics, University Hospital Goettingen, Germany
Biomed Eng Online 4:19. 2005..The conjunction of magnetic resonance (MR) and 3D ultrasound (US) image data sets could lead to a new clinical visual representation of the morphology as we show with corresponding data sets of the female anal canal with this paper...
- Modality independent elastography (MIE): a new approach to elasticity imagingChad W Washington
University of Mississippi, School of Medicine, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:1117-28. 2004..Additional results regarding the performance of a new multigrid strategy to MIE and the implementation of a parallel architecture are also presented...
- Quantitative evaluation of free-form deformation registration for dynamic contrast-enhanced MR mammographyChristine Tanner
Centre of Medical Image Computing at University College London, Gower Street, London WC1IE 6BT, United Kingdom
Med Phys 34:1221-33. 2007..No substantial volume changes within the region of the enhancing lesions were introduced by this nonrigid registration...
- Concurrent PET/CT with an integrated imaging system: intersociety dialogue from the joint working group of the American College of Radiology, the Society of Nuclear Medicine, and the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic ResonanceR Edward Coleman
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Nucl Med 46:1225-39. 2005....
- Volume-preserving nonrigid registration of MR breast images using free-form deformation with an incompressibility constraintTorsten Rohlfing
Image Guidance Laboratories, Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5327, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 22:730-41. 2003....
- Consistent landmark and intensity-based image registrationH J Johnson
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, The University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 21:450-61. 2002....
- Evaluation of sacroiliitis: contrast-enhanced MRI with subtraction techniqueOktay Algin
Medical Faculty, Department of Radiology, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Skeletal Radiol 38:983-8. 2009The purpose of the study was to investigate the diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced MRI using the subtraction technique in the detection of active sacroiliitis.
- Image registration with auto-mapped control volumesEduard Schreibmann
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5847, USA
Med Phys 33:1165-79. 2006..Patient studies have indicated that the two-step registration technique is fast, reliable, and provides a valuable tool to facilitate both rigid and nonrigid image registrations...
- Computer-assisted quantitative evaluation of therapeutic responses for lymphoma using serial PET/CT imagingXin Gao
The Center for Bioengineering and Informatics, The Methodist Hospital and The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Acad Radiol 17:479-88. 2010..This study develops and validates a Longitudinal Image Navigation and Analysis (LINA) system for this quantitative imaging application...
- Technical note: A novel boundary condition using contact elements for finite element based deformable image registrationTiezhi Zhang
Department of Human Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Med Phys 31:2412-5. 2004..Validation of the result showed satisfactory agreement in most parts of the lung. This approach is simple, operator independent and may provide improved accuracy of the prediction of organ deformation...
- Mutual information based CT registration of the lung at exhale and inhale breathing states using thin-plate splinesMartha M Coselmon
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Med Phys 31:2942-8. 2004..This technique shows promise for the future development of dynamic models of the lung for use in four-dimensional (4-D) treatment planning...
- FDG-PET CT for tumor imagingJanet C Miller
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:256-9. 2007
- Phase mutual information as a similarity measure for registrationMatthew Mellor
Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PJ, UK
Med Image Anal 9:330-43. 2005....
- Role of 18F-FDG PET in assessment of response in non-small cell lung cancerRodney J Hicks
Centre for Molecular Imaging, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Nucl Med 50:31S-42S. 2009..In this review, theoretic considerations and current evidence supporting the role of (18)F-FDG PET are discussed...
- Robust registration for computer-integrated orthopedic surgery: laboratory validation and clinical experienceB Ma
School of Computing, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Med Image Anal 7:237-50. 2003..The method has been used clinically in computer-integrated surgery for high tibial osteotomy, distal radius osteotomy, and excision of osteoid osteoma...
- Mutual-information-based image to patient re-registration using intraoperative ultrasound in image-guided neurosurgerySongbai Ji
Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Med Phys 35:4612-24. 2008..2 deg, respectively). The proposed scheme is automatic, sufficiently robust, and computationally efficient (<2 min), and holds promise for routine clinical use in the operating room during image-guided neurosurgical procedures...
- The presentation of malignant tumours and pre-malignant lesions incidentally found on PET-CTEinat Even-Sapir
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman Street, Tel Aviv, 64239, Israel
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:541-52. 2006..The purpose of the study was to determine the general and organ-specific presentation of incidental primary tumours on PET-CT...
- Phantom validation of coregistration of PET and CT for image-guided radiotherapyWilliam C Lavely
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Med Phys 31:1083-92. 2004..This study shows that the accuracy obtained by image registration with these two methods is well suited for image-guided radiotherapy...
- Registration of freehand 3D ultrasound and magnetic resonance liver imagesG P Penney
Division of Imaging Sciences, 5th Floor Thomas Guy House, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Med Image Anal 8:81-91. 2004..4 mm to the "bronze standard" and this is improved to 3.6 mm after running the intensity-based algorithm...
- Automated matching and segmentation of lymphoma on serial CT examinationsJiayong Yan
Medical Physics Department, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Med Phys 34:55-62. 2007..Among them, the average distance and the Hausdorff distance between the contours generated by the computer and those generated by the radiologist were 0.9 mm (stdev. 0.4 mm) and 3.9 mm (stdev. 2.1 mm), respectively...
- Evaluation of 3D correspondence methods for model buildingMartin A Styner
M E Müller Institute for Surgical Technology and Biomechanics, University of Bern, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
Inf Process Med Imaging 18:63-75. 2003..The model properties of DetCov and MDL were better than SPHARM and MSS. The results suggest that for modeling purposes the best of the studied correspondence method are MDL and DetCov...
- Recent advances in chest radiographyH Page McAdams
Department of Radiology, Duke Advanced Imaging Laboratories, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Radiology 241:663-83. 2006..The ultimate influence of these new technologies will, of course, depend on the outcome of rigorous scientific validation...
- A deformable image registration method to handle distended rectums in prostate cancer radiotherapySong Gao
Department of Radiation Physics, Unit 94, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Med Phys 33:3304-12. 2006..The manually delineated rectums agreed well with the autodelineated rectums when using the image-intensity modification procedure...
- Two families of GTPases dominate the complex cellular response to IFN-gammaU Boehm
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
J Immunol 161:6715-23. 1998..Understanding the role of these GTPases in IFN-gamma-mediated resistance against pathogens is the task for the future...
- Deformable registration of brain tumor images via a statistical model of tumor-induced deformationAshraf Mohamed
Section of Biomedical Image Analysis, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Med Image Anal 10:752-63. 2006..Results for a real tumor case and a number of simulated tumor cases indicate significant reduction in the registration error due to the presented approach as compared to the direct use of deformable image registration...
- Automatic segmentation of medical images using image registration: diagnostic and simulation applicationsD C Barber
Medical Physics, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, University of Sheffield, Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2JF, UK
J Med Eng Technol 29:53-63. 2005..g. finite element meshes) from the library models. Smoothness constraints in the morphing algorithm tend to maintain the geometric quality of the reference mesh...
- Why most PET of lung and head-and-neck cancer will be PET/CTGerhard W Goerres
Nuclear Medicine, Department of Medical Radiology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 45:66S-71S. 2004..In both settings, it is interesting to note that in a number of patients, second metachronous tumors are discovered with PET/CT, mainly localized in the GI tract...
- First order error propagation of the procrustes method for 3D attitude estimationLeo Dorst
Intelligent Systems Lab, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 403, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 27:221-9. 2005..These results are much more specific than the error bounds which have been established in numerical analysis. We provide an intuitive understanding of the outcome to facilitate direct use in applications...
- Metric 3D reconstruction and texture acquisition of surfaces of revolution from a single uncalibrated viewCarlo Colombo
Dipartimento di Sistemi e Informatica Università di Firenze, Via Santa Marta 3, 1 50139 Firenze, Italy
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 27:99-114. 2005..For the reconstruction of textured SORs, texture acquisition is performed without requiring the estimation of external camera calibration parameters, but only using internal camera parameters obtained from self-calibration...
- Image-based rendering of range data with estimated depth uncertaintyChristian Hofsetz
Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Ciências Exatas e Tecnológicas, Sao Leopoldo, RS, Brazil
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:34-42. 2004
- Automatic construction of active appearance models as an image coding problemSimon Baker
The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1380-4. 2004..In this paper, we repose the problem as an energy-minimizing image coding problem and propose an efficient gradient-descent algorithm to solve it...
- Recognizing large isolated 3-D objects through next view planning using inner camera invariantsSumantra Dutta Roy
Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 35:282-92. 2005..We show results of successful recognition and pose estimation even in cases of a high degree of interpretation ambiguity associated with the initial view...
- A method to generate soft shadows using a layered depth image and warpingYeon Ho Im
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, Daejeon 305 701, South Korea
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:265-72. 2005..Experiments for opaque and nonrefractive transparent objects are presented. Results indicate our approach generates soft shadows fast and effectively. Advantages and disadvantages of the proposed method are also discussed...
- A simple approach for point-based object capturing and renderingMiguel Sainz
School of Information and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine 92697, USA
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 24:24-33. 2004
- Reflectance from images: a model-based approach for human facesMartin Fuchs
Max Planck Institut für Informatik, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
IEEE Trans Vis Comput Graph 11:296-305. 2005..For each of the surface points, the diffuse component of the BRDF is locally refined, which provides high detail. We present results for multiple analytical BRDF models, rendered at novel orientations and lighting conditions...
- Drift detection and removal for sequential structure from motion algorithmsKurt Cornelis
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, B 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Belgium
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1249-59. 2004..Several experiments on real video sequences demonstrate the merit of drift detection and removal...
- CPM: a deformable model for shape recovery and segmentation based on charged particlesAndrei C Jalba
Institute for Mathematics and Computing Science, University of Groningen, 9700 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1320-35. 2004..We perform a comparative analysis of the proposed model with the active contour model and show that specific problems of the latter are surmounted by our model. The model is easily extendable to 3D and copes well with noisy images...
- Illumination normalization with time-dependent intrinsic images for video surveillanceYasuyuki Matsushita
Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing Sigma Center, Hai Dian District, Beijing, China 100080
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1336-47. 2004..and a shadow interpolation method based on shadow hulls. This paper describes the theory of the framework with simulation results and shows its effectiveness with object tracking results on real scene data sets...
- Separating reflection components based on chromaticity and noise analysisRobby T Tan
Department of Computer Science, The University of Tokyo, 3rd Dept Ikeuchi Laboratory, 4 6 1 Komba, Meguro ku, Tokyo 153 8505, Japan
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1373-9. 2004..Unlike existing methods, the proposed method can separate the reflection components robustly for any kind of surface roughness and light direction...
- Plugin for OsiriX: mean shift segmentationCañas S Vides
CIIIM, Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, Mexico, D F, 09340, Mexico
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:3060-3. 2007..The model parts have been implemented and proved as an OsiriX plugin, helping bridge the divide between algorithms devised in research laboratories and the application of these tools in the clinical setting...
- Eliminating false matches for the projective registration of free-form surfaces with small translational motionsYonghuai Liu
Department of Computer Science, The University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3DB, U K
IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern B Cybern 35:607-24. 2005....
- Thresholding in edge detection: a statistical approachRishi R Rakesh
American Express, Gurgaon, India
IEEE Trans Image Process 13:927-36. 2004..However, the values of the input parameters providing the appreciable results in the proposed detector are found to be more stable than other edge detectors and possess statistical interpretation...
- Harnessing real-world depth edges with multiflash imagingRamesh Raskar
Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs
IEEE Comput Graph Appl 25:32-8. 2005
- Statistical processing of large image sequencesF Khellah
Department of Computer Science, Prince Sultan University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:80-93. 2005..Our approach provides an efficient, stable, positive-definite model which is consistent with the given correlation structure. Thus, the methods of this paper may find application in modeling and single-frame estimation...
- Conditional filters for image sequence-based tracking--application to point trackingElise Arnaud
IRISA, Universite de Rennes 1, Rennes, France
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:63-79. 2005..These conditional trackers significantly improve results in some general situations. In particular, they allow for dealing with noisy sequences, abrupt changes of trajectories, occlusions, and cluttered background...
- Physical models for moving shadow and object detection in videoSohail Nadimi
Center for Research in Intelligent Systems, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1079-87. 2004..These results show that our approach is robust to widely different background and foreground materials, and illuminations...
- Face localization and authentication using color and depth imagesFilareti Tsalakanidou
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:152-68. 2005..Experimental results demonstrate significant gains resulting from the combined use of depth and color or intensity information...
- Stable real-time 3D tracking using online and offline informationLuca Vacchetti
Computer Vision Lab, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1385-91. 2004....
- Flattening maps for the visualization of multibranched vesselsLei Zhu
Schools of Biomedical and Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 24:191-8. 2005..This approach employs the theory of optimal mass transport. Furthermore, a new way of extracting center lines for vessel fly-throughs is provided...
- Simultaneous two-view epipolar geometry estimation and motion segmentation by 4D tensor votingWai Shun Tong
Department of Computer Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1167-84. 2004..We have performed extensive experiments to compare our method with some representative algorithms to show that better performance on nonstatic scenes are achieved. Results on challenging data sets are presented...
- Bayesian algorithms for simultaneous structure from motion estimation of multiple independently moving objectsGang Qian
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Institute for Advanced Computer Studies, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
IEEE Trans Image Process 14:94-109. 2005..Both algorithms have been tested on synthetic and real-image sequences. Improved results have been achieved...
- A quantitative analysis of 3-D coronary modeling from two or more projection imagesB Movassaghi
Philips Research Laboratories, Sector Technical Systems Hamburg, Roentgenstrasse 24 26, D 22335 Hamburg, Germany
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:1517-31. 2004..In case of the concave segment, however, the involvement of multiple projections does not necessarily provide a more realistic shape of the reconstructed structure...
- F-information measures in medical image registrationJosien P W Pluim
Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 23:1508-16. 2004..An important finding, however, is that several measures, although slightly more difficult to optimize, can potentially yield significantly more accurate results than mutual information...
- Affine invariant features from the trace transformMaria Petrou
School of Electronics and Physical Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, GU2 7XH, UK
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:30-44. 2004..We demonstrate the usefulness of the constructed image descriptors in retrieving images from an image database and compare it with relevant state-of-the-art object retrieval methods...
- The image foresting transform: theory, algorithms, and applicationsAlexandre X Falcao
Institute of Computing, University of Campinas, Av Albert Einstein, 1251, CEP 13084 851, Campinas, SP, Brasil
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:19-29. 2004..We also discuss implementation issues and illustrate the use of the IFT in a few applications...
- The use of force histograms for affine-invariant relative position descriptionPascal Matsakis
Department of Computing and Information Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON NIG 2W1, Canada
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:1-18. 2004..If they are not, the affinity that best approximates the unknown transformation can be retrieved, and the quality of the approximation assessed...
- Fast k-nearest neighbor classification using cluster-based treesBin Zhang
Departments of Human Genetics and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095 7088, USA
IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell 26:525-8. 2004..The algorithm is evaluated through extensive experiments over standard NIST and MNIST databases...
- COMPUTER AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN CT OF THE THORAXSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Quantification of coronary calcium mass by dual energy fluoroscopySabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research will develop a motion insensitive dual energy subtraction technique that will provide densitometry measurements of coronary calcium...
- Single Scan Rest/Stress Cardiac PET ImagingArkadiusz Sitek; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed signal-separation algorithms are more powerful than the simple background subtraction technique currently being employed when separating rest and stress signals...
- QUANTITATIVE CORONARY ANGIOGRAPHY BY DUAL ENERGY DSASabee Molloi; Fiscal Year: 1993..The purpose of this research plan is to develop and apply in patients a motion immune dual-energy digital subtraction technique which will provide a videodensitometric technique for the assessment of absolute coronary arterial cross-..
- COMPUTER AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN CHEST RADIOGRAPHYKunio Doi; Fiscal Year: 2004..5 per chest image. They would investigate the usefulness of the temporal subtraction technique in increasing the detection of subtle nodules overlapped with ribs and also decreasing the number of false ..
- Continued Development and Maintenance of a Computational Morphometry ToolkitTorsten Rohlfing; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will enhance a proven soft- ware system for imaging-based morphometric studies and make it freely avail- able to the scientific community. ..
- Separating Intensity Change from Atrophy in Serial MRIColin Studholme; Fiscal Year: 2004..These applications are aimed at helping distinguish vascular disease from other dementias and at a better understanding of the biological mechanisms underlying the chronic effects of alcohol and recovery on the brain. ..
- Video Technologies for Neonatal SeizuresNICOLAOS KARAYIANNIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Noninvasive assessment of tumor malignancyElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A High Performance PET and CT TomographDavid Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose a number of studies to evaluate the accuracy and utility of our approach, and we also propose new visualization methods to indicate the uncertainty of our symbolic descriptions of image objects. ..
- FDG PET-CT in Metastatic Prostate CancerHossein Jadvar; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rigorous statistical methods will be applied to determine the diagnostic and prognostic performance of FDG PET-CT in this clinical setting. ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- METHODOLOGY FOR ONCOLOGY IMAGING WITH A PET/CT SCANNERDavid Townsend; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed developments in methodology will further improve the image quality of PET/CT studies. ..
- Standard Database for CT Lung ImagesSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ideas resented in this proposal are expected to stimulate the efforts of the Consortium toward that goal. ..
- Computerized Analysis of Mesothelioma on CT ScansSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- 3D Image Guided Endovascular SurgeryElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2006..Indeed, the methods to be developed under this proposal have the potential to change how endovascular procedures are performed throughout the body. ..
- Interactive CAD for MammographyBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Universal Text Recognition: A Wayfinding Tool for People with Visual ImpairmentsErik Learned Miller; Fiscal Year: 2008..Such a device would dramatically increase the independence and autonomy of such individuals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SVM based group data analysis for drug abuse disorder ASL perfusion studyZe Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fast, Quantitative, Perfusion-Based functional-MRILuis Hernandez Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2007..These developments will be quite instrumental to the use of ASL perfusion imaging as a powerful tool for the study of brain function. ..
- Exploration of Stereo Display for Lung Cancer ScreeningXiao Hui Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..We expect to demonstrate that the use of a stereo display for lung cancer screening will result in improved accuracy and efficiency, and this could greatly increase the efficacy of this screening process. ..
- A 3D C57BL6/J MOUSE BRAIN ATLAS MAGNETIC RESONANCE MICROHelene Benveniste; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further, a probabilistic (averaged from many brain specimens) atlas with error estimations will be created for registration of actual gene-expression data. ..
- A 3D C57BL6/J MOUSE BRAIN ATLAS MAGNETIC RESONANCE MICROHelene Benveniste; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, a probabilistic (averaged from many brain specimens) atlas with error estimations will be created for registration of actual gene-expression data. ..
- Regional Lung Mechanics by 3D Image RegistrationJoseph M Reinhardt; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information is now critical to the development and evaluation of new pulmonary disease therapies. ..
- A Beta-Sensitive Probe System for Use in EndoscopyRAYMOND RAYLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- DETECTION AND LOCALIZATION IN MAMMOGRAPHYBin Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2002..It will also investigate augmented CAD cues that code information about correlations between the two ipsilateral projections. ..
- Neurochemical Endophenotype Responses to Pain-StressJon Kar Zubieta; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- scVEGF Targeted Radiotherapy of Mammary and Colonic CancerFRANCIS GERARD BLANKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of our proposal will give the needed preclinical data for pursuing scVEGF targeted radiotherapy in other models and ultimately clinical applications. ..
- Imaging Thymidine Uptake During Treatment for Head and Neck CancerYusuf Menda; Fiscal Year: 2008..The studies proposed here will refine and characterize a non-invasive imaging test that may allow treatment responses to be determined shortly after treatment has begun. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSMA-based Gene Reporter-Probe System(RMI)Martin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHARACTERISTICS OF PERFUSION RELATED CORTICAL SIGNALSArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments described here will help us achieve that goal. ..
- Auto-calibrating portable low-cost micro-SPECT/CTFRANK DIFILIPPO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Many laboratories could then benefit from this device for micro-SPECT and micro-SPECT/CT. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DISTRIBUTED GRAPHICS SUPERCOMPUTING FOR NEUROINFORMATICSArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2001..The provision of such an instrumentation package would enhance the productivity of ongoing funded research and foster the development of leading edge technology and applications for all participants. ..
- UC Davis Mouse Cancer Imaging ProgramSIMON CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, the MCIP describes a clear structure for governance and for providing imaging-related services to cancer researchers at UC Davis and beyond. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GCPII-Based Brain Imaging AgentsMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2008..Working with our knowledge of PSMA/GCPII imaging and the recently published crystal structure of PSMA, we intend to pursue new derivatives suitable for imaging GCPII within the central nervous system ..
- Distributed Supercomputing for Brain MappingArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Hyperspectral Optical Tomography for Molecular ImagingSIMON CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2009..A series of simulations, phantom and animal experiments will be used to validate the approach and the results will be compared to standard broadband methods that utilize high-pass filters. ..
- Segmentation of Ultrasound ImagesHemant Tagare; Fiscal Year: 2009..The human and animal image segmentations will be compared to manual segmentation. The performance of tunneling descent will also be compared to simulated annealing. ..
- Botulinum Toxin Effects on Plantar Ulcer RecurrenceMary Hastings; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Multimodality in vivo Molecular Imaging for Prostate PDTBaowei Fei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed imaging strategy has great potential to enhance public health by improving diagnosis and therapy of cancer. ..
- Diffuse Optical Tomography of OsteoarthritisHuabei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A MULTIMODAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL MAP OF THE MOUSE BRAINArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The resulting validated, multimodality, multidimensional mouse atlas will have immense value for studying normal, mutant, healthy and diseased animals in a wide range of neuroscientific investigations. ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN NEUROIMAGINGArthur Toga; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have the laboratory resources, faculty interest and expertise needed to run training program of this breadth and depth. ..
- AN INVESTIGATION OF THE TRACE DELETION HYPOTHESISDavid Caplan; Fiscal Year: 2003..The position of the investigators is that this study will provide definitive evidence that the TDH is incorrect and that a more complex model of the functional neuroanatomy of syntactic processing is needed. ..
- A MICRO CT/PET SCANNER FOR IN VIVO SCREENING IN MICESIMON CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally, we will integrate a small number of microPET detectors with the CT system and acquire initial PET/CT studies in phantoms and mice. ..
- THREE-DIMENSIONAL TONGUE MOTION IN SPEECHMaureen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dynamic finite element models will link internal muscular activity to surface shape motion. The 3D models will be physiologically accurate and can be made more or less complex to suit the experimental condition. ..
- Biologic Mechanisms:Tooth Movement & Craniofacial AdaptaJames Mah; Fiscal Year: 2005..The audience of approximately 300 will be comprised of basic scientists (40%), clinicians (35%), and students (25%). A proceedings book will be published 8-10 months after the conference and distributed world-wide. ..
- ROLE OF FDG-PET, 1H-MRSI, AND MSI IN EPILEPSY SURGERYRobert Knowlton; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Bringing Molecular Contrast to OCTBRIAN APPLEGATE; Fiscal Year: 2005..We intend to couple proven nonlinear spectroscopic techniques to optical coherence tomography, in order to provide molecular contrast. ..
- Fast Optical Imager for tumor detectionXavier Intes; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IEEE Medical Imaging ConferenceSIMON CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The exact number of awards and the amount of each award will depend on the number of applications that we receive. ..
- Imaging Serotonergic Transmission in HIV DepressionMartin Pomper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- An Integrated PET-MRI System for Molecular ImagingBernd Pichler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION PET IMAGINGSIMON CHERRY; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Premature Atherosclerosis in Rheumatic DiseasesMARY CROW; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mu Opioid Mediated Stress Regulation in BPDJon Kar Zubieta; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is critical for the understanding of the biological mechanisms underlying the symptomatology of BPD, and to guide future research and treatment interventions in this common but poorly understood illness. ..
- Electromagnetic Tracking of Tumors for RadiotherapyMartin Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2006..The augmented Calypso targeting system will be designed for integration into existing radiation therapy systems to provide enhanced beam targeting capability. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Near Infrared Diffused Light Imaging with UltrasoundQuing Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Completion of this research plan will serve to validate a novel method for detection and diagnosis of breast lesions, resulting in new opportunities for early detection and appropriate treatment of breast carcinoma. ..
- Integrating Automated Mesh Development into the NA-MIC ToolkitNicole Grosland; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Automating Patient-Specific Model DevelopmentNicole Grosland; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..