Genomes and Genes
Summary: Process whereby a radionuclide is injected or measured (through tissue) from an external source, and a display is obtained from any one of several rectilinear scanner or gamma camera systems. The image obtained from a moving detector is called a scan, while the image obtained from a stationary camera device is called a scintiphotograph.
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor targeting efficiency of bare nanoparticles does not mean the efficacy of loaded anticancer drugs: importance of radionuclide imaging for optimization of highly selective tumor targeting polymeric nanoparticles with or without drugBeom Suk Lee
Department of Otolaryngology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 147:253-60. 2010..The present study indicates that by using molecular imaging, we can select more appropriate nanoparticles with the highest tumor targeting properties, leading to exerting more excellent therapeutic results in cancer therapy...
- ACC/AHA/ASNC guidelines for the clinical use of cardiac radionuclide imaging--executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/ASNC Committee to Revise the 1995 GuideliFrancis J Klocke
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1318-33. 2003
- 6-[F-18]fluoro-L-DOPA positron emission tomography in the imaging of Merkel cell carcinoma: preliminary report of three cases with 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography or pentetreotide-(111In) SPECT dataJean Noel Talbot
Médecine nucléaire et Centre TEP AP HP, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
Mol Imaging Biol 7:257-61. 2005..As 6-[F-18]fluoro-L-DOPA (FDOPA) is taken up by other neuroendocrine tumors, we speculated that FDOPA-PET could image MCC...
- Exposure to low-dose ionizing radiation from medical imaging proceduresReza Fazel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
N Engl J Med 361:849-57. 2009..The growing use of imaging procedures in the United States has raised concerns about exposure to low-dose ionizing radiation in the general population...
- The value of radionuclide imaging in the diagnosis of sacroiliac joint syndromeC W Slipman
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 21:2251-4. 1996STUDY DESIGN: A prospective study was done to assess the diagnostic value of radionuclide imaging (bone scan) in the evaluation of sacroiliac joint syndrome OBJECTIVES: To determine the sensitivity and specificity of radionuclide imaging ..
- ACC/AHA and ASNC release guidelines for the clinical use of cardiac radionuclide imagingMatthew Neff
Am Fam Physician 69:1285-6, 1289-90. 2004
- Use of cardiac radionuclide imaging to identify patients at risk for arrhythmic sudden cardiac deathIosif Kelesidis
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 111 East 210th Street, Bronx, NY 10467 2490, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 19:142-52; quiz 153-7. 2012..Thus, better methods of identifying patients at risk for SCD are needed, and radionuclide imaging offers much potential. Recent work has focused on imaging of cardiac autonomic innervation...
- Radionuclide imaging of bone marrow disordersAli Agool
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical Center Twente, Hengelo, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:166-78. 2011..In this review the imaging of different bone marrow targets with radionuclides including PET tracers in various bone marrow diseases are discussed...
- Radionuclide imaging for hyperparathyroidism (HPT): which is the best technetium-99m sestamibi modality?Jyotirmay Sharma
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Surgery 140:856-63; discussion 863-5. 2006To determine the utility of available radionuclide imaging modalities for preoperative parathyroid localization, we compared the accuracy of 4 types of technetium-99m ((99)Tc) sestamibi-based scans.
- CT and MR imaging findings in athletes with early tibial stress injuries: comparison with bone scintigraphy findings and emphasis on cortical abnormalitiesMichele Gaeta
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Messina, Policlinico G Martino, Via Consolare Valeria, 98100 Messina, Italy
Radiology 235:553-61. 2005..To prospectively compare computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and bone scintigraphy in athletes with clinically suspected early stress injury of tibia...
- Usefulness of 99mTc-sestamibi scintigraphy in suggesting the therapeutic effect of chemotherapy against gastric cancerKenji Kawata
Department of Surgery, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute and Kitano Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:3788-93. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship between (99m)Tc-MIBI accumulation in tumors and sensitivity to chemotherapy in gastric cancer patients...
- 68Ga-DOTA-Tyr3-octreotide PET in neuroendocrine tumors: comparison with somatostatin receptor scintigraphy and CTMichael Gabriel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Nucl Med 48:508-18. 2007..PET was compared with conventional scintigraphy and dedicated CT...
- Detection of early changes in renal function using 99mTc-MAG3 imaging in a murine model of ischemia-reperfusion injuryJohn Roberts
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Research and Training Center, Uniersity of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1408-12. 2007..Our study shows that using dynamic imaging, renal dysfunction can be detected and quantified reliably as early as 5 h after I/R insult, allowing for evaluation of early treatment interventions...
- Children's exposure to diagnostic medical radiation and cancer risk: epidemiologic and dosimetric considerationsMartha S Linet
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7238, USA
Pediatr Radiol 39:S4-26. 2009....
- Comparison of whole-body FDG-PET to bone scan for detection of bone metastases in patients with a new diagnosis of lung cancerSendhil Kumar Cheran
School of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Lung Cancer 44:317-25. 2004..A prospective trial with appropriate verification of bony metastases is suggested to confirm the results...
- Multidrug resistance in oncology and beyond: from imaging of drug efflux pumps to cellular drug targetsWouter B Nagengast
Department of Medical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Methods Mol Biol 596:15-31. 2010..Potentially visualizing molecular drug targets in the tumor can function as biomarkers to support treatment decision for the individual patient...
- Novel in vivo imaging shows up-regulation of death receptors by paclitaxel and correlates with enhanced antitumor effects of receptor agonist antibodiesJing Gong
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 4221515, Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77230 1402, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:2991-3000. 2006....
- Imaging transgene expression with radionuclide imaging technologiesS S Gambhir
Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1770, USA
Neoplasia 2:118-38. 2000..We also describe the advantages/disadvantages of each of the assays developed and discuss future animal and human applications...
- Risk assessment of posthepatectomy liver failure using hepatobiliary scintigraphy and CT volumetrySander Dinant
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 48:685-92. 2007..The accuracy of risk assessment for postoperative morbidity, liver failure, and mortality was evaluated...
- Renovascular hypertension in childrenKjell Tullus
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Lancet 371:1453-63. 2008..Modern treatment provided by a multidisciplinary team of paediatric nephrologists, interventional radiologists, and vascular surgeons offers good long-term treatment results...
- Effect of observer variability on glomerular filtration rate measurement by renal scintigraphy in dogsNaruepon Kampa
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Clinical Chemistry, University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 47:212-21. 2006..In sequential examinations the same person should make all the measurements...
- The diagnostic value of oesophageal transit scintigraphy for evaluating the severity of oesophageal complications in systemic sclerosisKenichi Nakajima
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Japan
Nucl Med Commun 25:375-81. 2004..Oesophageal complications are common in systemic sclerosis (SSc). However, the ability to determine the severity of oesophageal complications according to SSc type and skin lesion has not been evaluated...
- Assessment of cyclooxygense-2 expression with 99mTc-labeled celebrexDavid J Yang
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Anticancer Drugs 15:255-63. 2004..5 to 4 h in tumor-bearing animal models. We conclude that Tc-EC-CBX may be useful to assess tumor COX-2 expression. This may be useful in the future for selecting patients for treatment with anti-COX-2 agents...
- Skeletal scintigraphy in the horse: current indications and validity as a diagnostic testD C Archer
Department of Clinical Studies, Philip Leverhulme Large Animal Hospital, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston, The Wirral CH64 7TE, UK
Vet J 173:31-44. 2007..Further well designed, prospective studies are required to assess the validity of skeletal scintigraphy as a diagnostic tool, particularly in horses with subtle alterations in radiopharmaceutical uptake...
- (99m)Tc-EC-guanine: synthesis, biodistribution, and tumor imaging in animalsDavid J Yang
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Pharm Res 22:1471-9. 2005..DNA markers are useful in assessing cell proliferation. The purpose of this study was to synthesize (99m)Tc-ethylenedicysteine-guanine (EC-Guan) for evaluation of cell proliferation...
- Oropharyngeal scintigraphy: a reliable technique for the quantitative evaluation of oral-pharyngeal swallowingD W Shaw
Department Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia, Australia
Dysphagia 19:36-42. 2004..It may prove useful in assessment of dysphagia severity and longitudinal change...
- Glomerular filtration rate and renal scintigraphyMarie E Kerl
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Clin Tech Small Anim Pract 20:31-8. 2005..This article provides a description and literature review of methods to determine GFR, including benefits and drawbacks of each method for the practicing veterinarian...
- Pathogenesis, diagnosis and management of thyroid nodules in childrenM Niedziela
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Szpitalna Street 27 33, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:427-53. 2006....
- Scintigraphic evaluation of the stifle in normal horses and horses with forelimb lamenessSue Dyson
Centre for Equine Studies, Animal Health Trust Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 7UU, UK
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 48:378-82. 2007..It was concluded that there are symmetric, repeatable radiopharmaceutical uptake patterns in both immature and mature horses, which are not altered by forelimb lameness...
- Radionuclide imaging of perfusion and hypoxiaGeorge Laking
Auckland Regional Cancer and Blood Service, New Zealand
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:S20-9. 2010We present a review of radionuclide imaging of tumour vascular physiology as it relates to angiogenesis. We focus on clinical trials in human subjects using PET and SPECT to evaluate tumour physiology, in particular blood flow and hypoxia.
- Noninvasive scintigraphic method to quantify unstimulated secretions from individual salivary glandsB L Malpani
Radiation Medicine Centre, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Parel, Mumbai, India
Auris Nasus Larynx 26:453-6. 1999..The purpose of this study was to establish a noninvasive technique for quantification of unstimulated (resting state) secretion of saliva based on the tracer output theory...
- Effects of three sedative protocols on glomerular filtration rate in clinically normal dogsS M Newell
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Vet Res 58:446-50. 1997..Cardiovascular, respiratory, and sedative effects of each protocol also were measured...
- The scintigraphic anatomy of the equine sacroiliac jointCharlotte Erichsen
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 43:287-92. 2002..The location of the SI-joint was very similar in all horses, which makes it possible to estimate the location of the SI-joint in a scintigram in which the tuber sacrale and the craniolateral margin of the tuber coxa are identified...
- Effects of a digital filter on detectability of a phantom lesion in a scintigram of the equine tarsusP Eksell
Department of Clinical Radiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 41:365-70. 2000..Based on receiver operating characteristic analysis, filtering of a 50 kcount image improved image quality to that of a 150 kcount image...
- Radionuclide imaging: a molecular key to the atherosclerotic plaqueHarald F Langer
Medizinische Klinik III, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:1-12. 2008..This review gives an update on the relevant noninvasive plaque imaging approaches using nuclear imaging techniques to detect atherosclerotic vascular lesions...
- Hepatobiliary scintigraphy and gamma-GT levels in the differential diagnosis of extrahepatic biliary atresiaK Stipsanelli
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 51:74-81. 2007..The aim of this paper is to identify extrahepatic biliary atresia (EHBA) as the cause of cholestasis in neonates with prolonged jaundice and thus accelerate the decision for surgical intervention, which is critical for prognosis...
- Whole-body MRI of paediatric malignant tumours: comparison with conventional oncological imaging methodsHyun Woo Goo
Radiology Department, Asan Medical Centre, 388 1 Poongnap 2dong, Seoul, 138 736, Songpa Gu, Republic of Korea
Pediatr Radiol 35:766-73. 2005..To evaluate the usefulness of whole-body (WB) MRI for detecting metastases from paediatric malignant tumours in comparison with conventional oncological imaging methods...
- Contribution of SLN investigation with 99mTc-nanocolloid in clinical staging of thyroid cancer: technical feasibilityMaria Rosa Pelizzo
Nuclear Medicine, PET Unit, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Istituto Oncologico Veneto IOV, Viale Tre Martiri, 140, 45100, Rovigo, and Department of Surgical Science, University of Padova, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:934-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of preoperative 99mTc-nanocolloid lymphoscintigraphy and an intra-operative SLN procedure in the management of PTC patients...
- The role of 99mTc-tetrofosmin scintigraphy for staging patients with laryngeal cancerBruno Fattori
Ear, Nose and Throat Unit, Department of Neurosciences, University of Pisa Medical School, Pisa, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:27-35. 2005..56 for CT and J = 0.50 for (99m)Tc-tetrofosmin scintigraphy). (99m)Tc-tetrofosmin scintigraphy is a useful complement to CT for staging laryngeal tumors, especially for detecting metastatic lymph nodes and distant metastases...
- Early parathyroid MIBI SPECT imaging in the diagnosis of persistent hyperparathyroidismV Gilberto González
Department of Endocrinology, Nuclear Medicine Section, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta, Santiago de Chile
Clin Nucl Med 33:475-8. 2008..After removal of this lesion, the PTH dropped to 85%...
- Simplified technique of radioguided occult lesion localization (ROLL) plus sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNOLL) in breast carcinomaVincent Lavoue
Department of Gynecologic and Oncologic Surgery, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, 12 Rue Leblanc, 75015, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2556-61. 2008..The aim of this series was to evaluate the feasibility of the technique, its efficacy, and the rate of reoperation...
- Radiolabeling of HYNIC-annexin V with technetium-99m for in vivo imaging of apoptosisFrancis G Blankenberg
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Nat Protoc 1:108-10. 2006..annexin V, a protein with a high affinity for apoptotic cells in vitro, with technetium-99m (99mTc) as a radionuclide imaging agent that can localize and non-invasively quantify apoptosis in vivo when coupled with single-photon ..
- Fast Monte Carlo based joint iterative reconstruction for simultaneous 99mTc/ 123I SPECT imagingJinsong Ouyang
Department of Radiology, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Med Phys 34:3263-72. 2007..5% closer to the reference than that of NSC-OSEM after 15 iterations. The SNR for dopamine BP was 23.6 for MC-JOSEM as compared to 18.3 for NSC-OSEM...
- Multiple brown tumors in primary hyperparathyroidism caused by an adenoma mimicking metastatic bone disease with false positive results on computed tomography and Tc-99m sestamibi imaging: MR findingsMasashi Miyakoshi
Department of Medicine, Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital, Niigata, Japan
Endocr J 54:205-10. 2007..At 1.5-years follow-up, CT, MIBI, and MRI scans showed no abnormal findings. It is necessary to determine whether MRI can be used to distinguish between brown tumors and metastases caused by carcinoma of the parathyroid gland...
- Preoperative localization of parathyroid adenomas: ultrasonography, sestamibi scintigraphy, or both?D Hajioff
Department of Otolaryngology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 29:549-52. 2004..4% (81.7-99.9) and the PPV was 100% (87.2-100). These results were not dependant on a learning curve or the size of adenoma...
- Sestamibi scintigraphy, topography, and histopathology of parathyroid glands in secondary hyperparathyroidismCarlo Lomonte
Division of Nephrology, Miulli General Hospital, Acquaviva delle Fonti, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 48:638-44. 2006....
- Scintigraphic detection of carcinoid tumors with a cost effectiveness analysisDimitris Dimitroulopoulos
Gastroenterology Unit, Agios Savvas Cancer Hospital, Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 10:3628-33. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic sensitivity and accuracy and the cost-effectiveness of this technique in the detection of gastroenteropancreatic carcinoid tumors and their metastases in comparison with conventional imaging methods...
- Imaging to differentiate between ischemic and nonischemic cardiomyopathyJeroen J Bax
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Heart Fail Clin 2:205-14. 2006
- SPECT-guided CT for evaluating foci of increased bone metabolism classified as indeterminate on SPECT in cancer patientsWolfgang Römer
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Nucl Med 47:1102-6. 2006..The aim of the present study was to investigate the value of SPECT-guided CT in the assessment of foci of increased bone metabolism classified as indeterminate on SPECT...
- Case 110: Nonossifying fibromaSteven W Hetts
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
Radiology 243:288-92. 2007
- Location of functioning metastases from differentiated thyroid carcinoma by simultaneous double isotope acquisition of I-131 whole body scan and bone scanC Ceccarelli
Department of Endocrinology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 27:866-9. 2004..In conclusion, the simultaneous acquisition of images both from I-131 and a bone-seeking agent may be useful to locate functioning bone metastases from DTC...
- Scintigraphy with technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile in multiple myeloma patients: correlation with the International Staging SystemJohn Koutsikos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Alexandra University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 9:177-80. 2006..In conclusion, this study provides additional evidence that (99m)Tc-MIBI scan not only reflects myeloma disease activity in bone marrow but it is also well correlated with the Sbeta(2)M and SA levels according to ISS...
- Precise localization of sentinel lymph nodes and estimation of their depth using a prototype intraoperative mini gamma-camera in patients with breast cancerCarole Mathelin
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Civil, CHRU, Strasbourg, France
J Nucl Med 48:623-9. 2007....
- [Indium-111-DTPA-phenyl-pentetreotide somatostatin receptors' scintigraphy in the evaluation of patients with suspected gastro-entero-pancreatic tumors. Comparison with computerized tomography]Georgios P Gerasimou
2nd Laboratory of Nuclear Medicine AHEPA University Hospital, Thessaloniki 546 36, Makedonia Greece
Hell J Nucl Med 10:209-14. 2007..However, in cases of intestinal disease, we should be aware of false positive results due to inflammatory processes and the presence of lymphocyte infiltration...
- Increasing the radiochemical purity of 99mTc-sestamibi commercial preparations results in improved sensitivity of dual-phase planar parathyroid scintigraphyJames R Ballinger
Nucl Med Commun 27:543-4. 2006
- Breast cancer axillary lymph node metastasis detection by a high-resolution dedicated breast camera: a comparative study with SPECT and pinhole SPECTAngela Spanu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 22:799-811. 2007..SPECT should be preferred, significantly improving the sensitivity of planar scintigraphy, especially when using a pinhole collimator...
- Improved detection and localization of lower gastrointestinal tract hemorrhage by subtraction scintigraphy: phantom analysisGeoffrey M Currie
School of Clinical Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia
J Nucl Med Technol 34:160-8. 2006..Although several causes of LGIH can be life threatening, most can be effectively treated; therefore, early detection and accurate localization of bleeding sites are critical for successful patient management...
- Commentary: Current issues in nuclear cardiologyC M Tonge
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Rd, Manchester, UK
Br J Radiol 81:270-4. 2008
- Importance of recognizing differences between bone marrow and bone cortexMervyn Cohen
Pediatr Radiol 36:276; author reply 277-8. 2006
- Tomographic imaging in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism: still, we do not knowFrank W De Geeter
J Nucl Med 46:2119-20; author reply 2120-1. 2005
- Case report: Solitary plasmacytoma of bone with oncogenic osteomalacia: recurrence of tumour confirmed by PET/CT. A case report with a review of the radiological literatureS C Chua
Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Queen s Campus, Nottingham University Hospital, Derby Road, Nottingham, UK
Br J Radiol 81:e110-4. 2008..This case illustrates the diagnostic value of PET/CT in the setting of challenging post-operative changes in the surrounding tissue and in the appearance of the tumour itself. Relevant related imaging literature is also reviewed...
- Quality analysis of in vivo near-infrared fluorescence and conventional gamma images acquired using a dual-labeled tumor-targeting probeJessica P Houston
Texas A and M University, Photon Migration Laboratory, College Station, Texas 77842 3012, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:054010. 2005....
- Increasing the radiochemical purity of 99mTc sestamibi commercial preparations results in improved sensitivity of dual-phase planar parathyroid scintigraphyMaroun Karam
Department of Radiology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Nucl Med Commun 26:1093-8. 2005..We surmised that the presence of unbound Tc (non-MIBI tracer) might hamper dual-phase detection that is dependent on rapid wash-out of technetium from thyroid tissue...
- Imaging of liver function with dedicated animal dynamic pinhole scintigraphy in ratsRoelof J Bennink
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nucl Med Commun 26:1005-12. 2005..Non-invasive evaluation of liver function in small animal models remains a challenge. Hepatobiliary scintigraphy (HBS) enables the assessment of total and regional liver function for both uptake and excretion in larger species...
- Evaluation of accuracy in activity calculations for the conjugate view method from Monte Carlo simulated scintillation camera images using experimental data in an anthropomorphic phantomLena Jonsson
Department of Medical Radiation Physics, Clinical Sciences Lund, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Nucl Med 46:1679-86. 2005..The aim of this study was to simulate patient scintillation camera images and from these evaluate the accuracy of 2 correction methods. The contribution from overlapping tissue activity was also calculated for some organs...
- Lymphoscintigraphy with intraoperative gamma probe sentinel node detection: clinical impact in patients with head and neck melanomasM Maccauro
Nuclear Medicine Division, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 49:245-51. 2005....
- Ventilation-perfusion scintigraphy is more sensitive than multidetector CTPA in detecting chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease as a treatable cause of pulmonary hypertensionNina Tunariu
Department of Radiology, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 48:680-4. 2007..We compared the value of V/Q scintigraphy with CTPA in detecting chronic thromboembolic pulmonary disease...
- A novel platform for radioimmunotherapy: extracorporeal depletion of biotinylated and 90Y-labeled rituximab in patients with refractory B-cell lymphomaOla Linden
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:457-66. 2005..No effects on patients' vital signs and no adverse effects on hematological or coagulation parameters was observed during the ECAT procedure. A dose-escalation study is initiated...
- The efficacy of 99mTc-HIG for sentinel lymph node mapping in breast cancer patientsEsra Arzu Gencoglu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Baskent University Medical Faculty, 10 Sokak No 45, 06490 Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Nucl Med Commun 26:781-6. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of Tc-HIG on SLN identification in patients with early-stage breast cancer...
- Role of 18F-dopa PET/CT imaging in the management of patients with 111In-pentetreotide negative GEP tumoursValentina Ambrosini
Unità Operativa di Medicina Nucleare, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 28:473-7. 2007....
- A meta-iodobenzylguanidine scintigraphic scoring system increases accuracy in the diagnostic management of pheochromocytomaD Cecchin
Nuclear Medicine Service, Department of Diagnostic Medical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35128 Padua, Italy
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:525-33. 2006..3% respectively. Normal adrenal tissue uptake was correctly discriminated from pheochromocytomas in 18 out of 20 patients, with adrenal uptake equal to the liver (grade 2), using the proposed cut-off level...
- Parathyroid imaging: basic principles and KU Leuven experience: MIBI-dual phase versus MIBI/I-123S Ceyssens
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospitals Leuven
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 55:103-17. 2001..7%, 99% and 96%. CONCLUSION: MIBI/I-123 subtraction scintigraphy is superior to MIBI-dual phase for the preoperative detection and localisation of hyperfunctioning parathyroid tissue, especially when using a gradual subtraction...
- Evaluation of (111) indium-labeled autologous leukocyte scintigraphy for the diagnosis of chronic osteomyelitis in patients with grade IV pressure ulcers, as compared with a standard diagnostic protocolEdward T Melkun
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Plast Surg 54:633-6. 2005..Indium scanning appears to be more sensitive than specific. These data suggest that the value of indium scanning may primarily be to rule out osteomyelitis and not as a primary diagnostic modality...
- Efficiency of gamma probe and dual-phase Tc-99m sestamibi scintigraphy in surgery for patients with primary hyperparathyroidismCengiz H Demirkurek
Departments of Nuclear Medicine, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Nucl Med 28:186-91. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the value of the intraoperative gamma probe and the efficacy of dual-phase Tc-99m sestamibi imaging in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism...
- Comparison of 99mTc-sestamibi scintimammography and dynamic MR imaging as adjuncts to mammography in the diagnosis of breast cancerB Bone
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Radiol 44:28-34. 2003....
- Peptide receptor imaging: advances in the diagnosis of pulmonary diseasesChristophe Van de Wiele
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Am J Respir Med 1:177-83. 2002....
- Usefulness of technetium-99m tetrofosmin scintimammography to detect breast cancer in mammographically dense breastsMei Due Yang
Department of Surgery, China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Cancer Invest 20:518-23. 2002..In conclusion, Tc-TF scintimammography is a useful tool for detecting breast cancer in patients with indeterminate mammograms because of mammographically dense breasts...
- Comparative impact of standard approach, FDG PET and FDG dual-head coincidence gamma camera imaging in preoperative staging of patients with non-small-cell lung cancerN Delahaye
Service de Medecine Nucleaire, Hopital Bichat, AP HP, Paris, France
Nucl Med Commun 24:1215-24. 2003..Although DHC detected fewer lesions than PET, DHC is a possible alternative to PET since the impact on staging was high as compared with traditional staging and was very similar to that of PET...
- Kit formulation for the preparation of radioactive blue liposomes for sentinel node lymphoscintigraphyEdward M Plut
Division of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Pharm Sci 91:1717-32. 2002....
- Dermal versus intraparenchymal lymphoscintigraphy of the breastP Shen
Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Breast Cancer Center, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, California 90404, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:241-8. 2001..This finding has implications for injection techniques when lymphatic mapping of the SN is undertaken to stage a breast carcinoma...
- Detection of micrometastasis in the sentinel lymph node via lymphoscintigraphy for a patient with in-transit metastatic melanomaChih Hsun Yang
Department of Dermatology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 199 Tun Hwa North Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Dermatol Surg 29:990-3. 2003..Previously, these procedures were mainly performed in patients with primary melanoma before wide local excision...
- Technetium-99m sestamibi scintimammography complements mammography in the detection of breast cancerGayathri Krishnaiah
Departments of Clinical Research, St Agnes HealthCare, Baltimore, Maryland 21229, USA
Breast J 9:288-94. 2003..This testing could impact the management of 16,500 patients in the United States every year. More studies are needed to better define its role in breast cancer detection...
- Incremental diagnostic value of quantitative analysis of double phase Tc-99m MIBI scintimammography for the detection of primary breast cancer additive to visual analysisSeong Jang Kim
Department of Nuclear Medicine, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea
Breast Cancer Res Treat 83:129-38. 2004....
- Diagnostic management of suspected metastatic thyroid carcinoma: clinical value of octreotide scintigraphy in patients with negative high-dose radioiodine scansFrancesco Giammarile
Nuclear Medicine Department, Centre Leon Berard, Lyon, France
Eur J Endocrinol 150:277-83. 2004..However, there is no consensus concerning the performance and clinical impact of this examination in such instances...
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of Indium-111 and Technetium-99m labeled CCK-8 derivatives for CCK-B receptor imagingL Aloj
Istituto di Biostrutture e Bioimmagini, CNR, Napoli, Italy
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:93-8. 2004..The rapid clearance and lower background obtained with 111In-DTPAGlu-G-CCK8 make this a better candidate for further development...
- A case of metastatic extra-adrenal pheochromocytoma 12 years after surgeryShunsuke Mori
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertens Res 25:141-4. 2002..For post-operative pheochromocytoma, long-term follow-up involving biochemical tests, including serum catecholamines, and MIBG is needed...
- Technical advances in sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancerTodd M Tuttle
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am Surg 70:407-13. 2004..Routine preoperative lymphoscintigraphy can be avoided, thus facilitating operating room scheduling. Surgeons can use minimally invasive techniques to identify and remove internal mammary SLNs...
- The importance of delayed images in gastrointestinal bleeding scintigraphyGeorg Zettinig
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nucl Med Commun 23:803-8. 2002..Our findings demonstrate the importance of delayed images in GI bleeding scintigraphy. Many of our patients who required surgery had scans that did not become positive for several hours...
- Self-stunning in thyroid ablation: evidence from comparative studies of diagnostic 131I and 123IThomas E Hilditch
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, G11 6NT, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:783-8. 2002....
- [Diagnostic value of Tc-99m MIBI scintigraphy in the differential diagnosis of malign and benign of intrathoracic pathologies]Hasim Boyaci
Kocaeli University Faculty of Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases, Kocaeli, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 51:157-62. 2003..Tc-99m MIBI tumor scintigraphy might be a valuable non-invasive method in the differential diagnosis of malignant and benign lung lesions. However further study with larger series for the relatively low sensitivity and specificity...
- Technetium-99m-tetrofosmin scintigraphy in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomaGeorgios Karanikas
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Oncol Rep 9:1009-13. 2002..In the staging of chemonaive patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma Tc-99m-tetrofosmin may provide some additional information...
- Gamma probe-assisted brain tumor microsurgical resection: a new techniqueOsvaldo Vilela Filho
Instituto do Cérebro de Goiânia, Hospital Lúcio Rebelo, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 60:1042-7. 2002....
- Infecton: a 99mTc-ciprofloxacin radiopharmaceutical for the detection of bone infectionJ Malamitsi
Department of Medical Physics, Sismanoglion General Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:101-9. 2003..To evaluate Infecton scintigraphy, with technetium-99m-radiolabeled ciprofloxacin, as a means to detect bone infection, in comparison with other conventional scintigraphic and radiologic methods...
- Scintimammography with 99mTc-MIBI and magnetic resonance imaging in the evaluation of breast cancerB Bagni
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:1383-8. 2003..The combination of SMM and MRI may be used in those patients with equivocal findings at mammography and ultrasound to reduce the number of unnecessary surgical biopsies...
- Diagnostic accuracy of serum B-type natriuretic peptide for myocardial ischemia detection during exercise testing with spect perfusion imagingGh Zaid
Department of Cardiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation, Bnai Zion Medical Center and the Faculty of Medicine, Technion Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Int J Cardiol 117:157-64. 2007..To determine whether serum B-type natriuretic peptide measured at rest and peak exercise and DeltaBNP contribute to the predictive value and diagnostic accuracy of exercise test in the diagnosis of myocardial ischemia...
- Diagnostic accuracy of radionuclide imaging using 131I nor-cholesterol or meta-iodobenzylguanidine in patients with hypersecreting or non-hypersecreting adrenal tumoursS Maurea
Centro per la Medicina Nucleare del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Universita degli Studi Federico II, Naples, Italy
Nucl Med Commun 23:951-60. 2002..retrospective study was to evaluate the diagnostic accuracy of nor-cholesterol and meta-iodobenzylguanidine radionuclide imaging in two separate groups of patients with adrenal tumours to characterize lesions as adenoma or ..
- Radionuclide imaging of the parathyroid glandsChristopher J Palestro
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Semin Nucl Med 35:266-76. 2005..Fewer oxyphil cells, and hence fewer mitochondria, may explain both lower uptake and rapid washout of MIBI from some lesions. MIBI is also less sensitive for detecting multigland disease than solitary gland disease...
- [Autoradiography reporter gene (Ad5-tk carrying HSV1-tk gene) expression imaging in rat myocardium]Ying Liu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Union Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Hubei Key Laboratory of Molecular Imaging, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 37:925-30. 2009b>Radionuclide imaging of reporter gene expression holds promise for noninvasive monitoring of gene therapy. Herpes simplex virus 1-thymidine kinase (HSV1-tk) has been successfully applied to the tumor tissue...
- [Is a more efficient operative strategy feasible for the emergency management of the patient with acute chest pain?]M Cassin
Unità Operativa di Cardiologia ARC, Azienda Ospedaliera S Maria degli Angeli Pordenone
Ital Heart J Suppl 1:186-201. 2000..Rest myocardial radionuclide imaging has been studied in the emergency department setting and although the overall diagnostic performance and ..
- Molecular imaging of the kidneysZsolt Szabo
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 N CarolineStreet, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Semin Nucl Med 41:20-8. 2011b>Radionuclide imaging of the kidneys with gamma cameras involves the use of labeled molecules seeking functionally critical molecular mechanisms to detect the pathophysiology of the diseased kidneys and achieve an early, sensitive, and ..
- Radionuclide imaging for the assessment of esophageal motility disorders in mixed connective tissue disease patients: relation to pulmonary impairmentM T C Caleiro
Division of Rheumatology, Clinics Hospital, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Dis Esophagus 19:394-400. 2006..Esophageal scintigraphy is easy to perform, with good acceptance by patients with low radiation exposition. It is a useful non-invasive test for follow-up and interventional studies concerning esophagus dysfunction...
- Cancer Mortality among Military Participants at U.S. Nuclear Weapons TestsJOHN DUNNING BOICE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The proliferating use of CT x-ray as well as radionuclide imaging (e.g...
- In vivo effects of anthrax toxins:imaging host response & bacterial proliferationIan Justin Glomski; Fiscal Year: 2010..of defense cells, called monocytes, will be tracked within a mouse, in real-time and space, by optical and radionuclide imaging. Simultaneously, light-producing bacteria will also be tracked, so that the choreography of bacterial ..
- Quantitative Molecular Imaging of Heart Failure by 123I-MIBG SPECTEdward Ficaro; Fiscal Year: 2010..cardiac 123I-MIBG uptake, such as the heart-to-mediastinum ratio (HMR) and washout rate (WR), using planar radionuclide imaging. However, recent data has shown that the lack of standardized acquisition and processing protocols for ..
- Innovative Solid-State Photodetector for Applications in Medical ImagingWoon Seng Choong; Fiscal Year: 2011..attractive alternative to PMTs that has been under active investigations by many groups for applications in radionuclide imaging is solid-state photodetectors...
- Imaging Stem Cell Grafted in the Infarcted MyocardiumRong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2009..will be quantified by the expression of the reporter gene associated with the surviving cells, using radionuclide imaging (PET) while cardiac differentiation of these cells will be detected / monitored by optical imaging...
- Simultaneous Tc-99m-MDP/I-123-MIBG Imaging of Neuroblastoma Using SPECT-CTJinsong Ouyang; Fiscal Year: 2011..We will estimate how much dose can be reduced using dual-radionuclide imaging with LV-JOSEM to achieve the same lesion detectability as that using the standard clinical approaches...
- Quantitative ECT for Complex Imaging TasksStephen C Moore; Fiscal Year: 2012..g., 111In and 67Cu, as well as on simultaneous dual- radionuclide imaging of 111In and 99mTc...
- Photon-Counting Spectral CT to Reduce Dose and Detect Early Vascular DiseaseERIK LEO RITMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..is that it offers improved spatio-temporal resolution over other non-invasive methods, such as 3D MRI and radionuclide imaging, is less affected by partial volume averaging than conventional CT, and is capable of discriminating and ..
- Reduced Afterglow Scintillator Films for High Speed Medical ImagingVIVEK V NAGARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..These shortcomings effectively preclude its use in applica- tions such as radionuclide imaging and medical CT, where its low cost could otherwise have immense economic impact...
- In Vivo Optical Imaging Scanner for Small Animal ResearchSTUART BERR; Fiscal Year: 2009..animal subject could be non-invasively studied over days due to longer biological half-life as compared to radionuclide imaging where half-life is a major constraint...
- Prostate Cancer Management with Multimodality ImagingYoungho Seo; Fiscal Year: 2010..advances in prostate cancer management have been made with noninvasive imaging techniques including radionuclide imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (MRSI) in addition to conventional structural imaging ..
- Northeastern Ohio Animal Imaging Resource Center- NOAIRCJeffrey Duerk; Fiscal Year: 2006..This latter core integrates with our radionuclide imaging capabilities, our ongoing biomolecular and nanoscale engineering for targeted therapeutics initiative, ..
- Microspect Scanner for Small Animal Radionuclide ImagingMing Zhao; Fiscal Year: 2010..dedicated to small animal research. Radionuclide imaging constitutes a robust tool for the investigation of molecular events in the living system...
- MICROVASCULAR FLOW AND VASO-OCCLUSION OF SICKLE CELLSJOSEPH KURANTSINMILLS; Fiscal Year: 1991This project proposes to employ intravital video-microscopy and radionuclide imaging to analyze and quantitate the abnormal microvascular flow dynamics of genetic variants of sickle erythrocytes and their propensity to induce vaso-..
- SODIUM IMAGING IN ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASEPAUL BOTTOMLEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..In the heart, evidence from animal and human radionuclide imaging studies of potassium and potassium analogs, and from biochemical and magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) ..
- NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING TRIAL PROJECTSDENNIS BALFE; Fiscal Year: 1992..Computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), transrectal ultrasonography (TRUS), radionuclide imaging and positron emission tomography (PET) have important roles in the detection of local invasion, and ..
- VENTRICULAR DYSFUNCTION AFTER SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGEJonathan Zaroff; Fiscal Year: 2004..In a substudy of patients with LV ejection fraction <40%, radionuclide imaging with technetium sestabmibi (MIBI) and metaiodobenzylguanidine (MIBG) will be performed in order to ..
- High-resolution focusing optics for small animal radionuclide imagingMICHAEL PIVOVAROFF; Fiscal Year: 2007..Small animal radionuclide imaging techniques such as microSPECT and microPET imaging of physiological function and metabolic processes, but ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A GERMANIUM PHOTON IMAGING DETECTORAARON BRILL; Fiscal Year: 2001The goal of this work is to develop and commercialize a new radionuclide imaging camera based on germanium detectors that will improve the detection of low contrast objects including tumors in biological and medical applications...
- FATE OF THE ANTERIOR CRUCIATE INJURED KNEEDALE DANIEL; Fiscal Year: 1990..Quantifiable functional knee tests will be performed Radiographic evaluation and radionuclide imaging of the knee will be used to document joint pathology...
- Imaging Proteins Docked to Standard Radionuclide ModuleJoseph Backer; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have recently developed an adapter/docking tag system for assembly of complexes for targeted radionuclide imaging. We used an 18-127-amino acid (aa) fragment of human RNase I (adapter protein) radiolabeled with technetium-..
- Quantitative Myocardial Perfusion in Assessment with MRILeon Axel; Fiscal Year: 2009..method for noninvasive assessment of myocardial perfusion, with higher resolution than conventional radionuclide imaging methods...
- IMAGING STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION IN SMALL ANIMALSBruce Hasegawa; Fiscal Year: 2001..using a pixellated silicon pixel array and thallium-doped cesium iodide (CsI(Tl)) scintillator for radionuclide imaging of small animals...
- LOW COST PHOTOCONDUCTOR FOR DIGITAL XRAY IMAGINGMICHAEL SQUILLANTE; Fiscal Year: 1999..and mammography. non destructive industrial testing, X-ray diffraction, astronomy. high energy physics research, radionuclide imaging.
- New Dual-Mode Detector for Cerebrovascular ImagingCAROLYN TULL; Fiscal Year: 2001..A single silicon photodiode design will be used with different scintillators for x-ray and radionuclide imaging to achieve improved performance characteristics, more rapid diagnostic capability and reduced cost for CT ..
- High Resolution, Low Cost Gamma CameraMICHAEL SQUILLANTE; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Radionuclide imaging conducted using gamma cameras is used to obtain information about functionality, morphology, and metabolic ..
- NIS Regulation in Breast CancerSissy Jhiang; Fiscal Year: 2005..NIS, we hypothesize that NIS expression/function can be up-regulated in breast tumors enabling targeted radionuclide imaging and therapy...
- Optimization of low-cost CZT for nuclear imaging devicesLONGXIA LI; Fiscal Year: 2006b>Radionuclide imaging is an important tool for observing physiological processes within the brain and other organs. Traditional radionuclide imaging systems rely on scintillator-based detectors...
- Development of a Gemanium Photon Imaging DetectorRICHARD PEHL; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this manner, comparisons with other pixilated detectors will determine differences in experimental performance. ..
- DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGY RESEARCH CENTERNORMAN HOLLENBERG; Fiscal Year: 1991..ultrasonic imaging by Digital Processing and by evaluating the ultrasonic properties of tissues; to improve radionuclide imaging both with new devices and new imaging agents; to assess the information yield of densitometric analysis ..
- CANCER RESEARCH TRAINING IN NUCLEAR MEDICINEDavid Kuhl; Fiscal Year: 2003..2) Endocrine tumors, (3) Brain tumors, (4) Radiopharmaceutical therapy, (5) Quantitative radionuclide imaging, and (6) Radiopharmaceutical development...
- Correlative Imaging of Tumor AngiogenesisSanjiv Gambhir; Fiscal Year: 2004..tumor perfusion) uptake as seen with dual energy micro-SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) radionuclide imaging. We will also perform immunohistochemistry for specific markers of angiogenesis and apoptosis and correlate ..
- Radionuclide imaging and therapy dosimetry systemBENJAMIN NELMS; Fiscal Year: 2001..of an integrated commercial treatment planning and dosimetry system (RTDS) for radionuclide therapy and radionuclide imaging, especially for radioimmunotherapy (AlT)...
- A New Scintillator for Radionuclide ImagingKanai Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Phase I project will be aimed at demonstrating the feasibility of producing large crystals of the new scintillation material and applying such crystals to radionuclide imaging.
- NON-CATECHOLIC L-DOPA ANALOGSONOFRE DEJESUS; Fiscal Year: 1993..Non-invasive estimation of CNS dopamine turnover may be possible by quantitative radionuclide imaging such as PET or SPECT...
- In Vivo Molecular Imaging of Cancer in Small AnimalsGerald Entine; Fiscal Year: 2007..However, the demands on small animal radionuclide imaging for these applications are significant...
- HIGH RESOLUTION. HIGH SENSITIVITY PET IMAGING OF SMALL *MICHAEL SQUILLANTE; Fiscal Year: 2002..number of human disease models, particularly in the smaller animals such as mice and rats, high resolution radionuclide imaging (such as PET) of small animals can contribute unique information...
- MRI EVALUATION OF THE EFFECTS OF CORONARY ARTERY DISEASELeon Axel; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of the MRI studies will be compared with both conventional radionuclide imaging studies and the patient's clinical course.
- IMAGING APOPTOSIS IN VIVO WITH TECHNETIUM 99M ANNEXINFrancis Blankenberg; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- IMAGING APOPTOSIS IN VIVO WITH TECHNETIUM 99M ANNEXINFrancis Blankenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..we will to determine the sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility of technetium-99m (99mTc)-annexin V radionuclide imaging in two models of apoptosis; the first a rodent model of unilateral middle cerebral artery (MCA) ischemic ..
- scVEGF Targeted Radiotherapy of Mammary and Colonic CancerFRANCIS GERARD BLANKENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of our proposal will give the needed preclinical data for pursuing scVEGF targeted radiotherapy in other models and ultimately clinical applications. ..
- Nanostructuring and Molecular Imaging of Engineered Cardiovascular TissuesJoseph Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..With a multi-disciplinary team approach, we are confident that these combined efforts will accelerate the translation of nanotechnology-based tissue engineering to the clinical arena in the future. ..
- Molecular Imaging of Cardiac Cell TransplantationJoseph Wu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal is to use molecular imaging to guide stem cell therapy, which should translate into transplant protocols that are more reproducible, quantifiable, and beneficial. ..
- BIOPHYSICAL BASIS OF FUNCTIONAL BRAIN FMRIJohn Gore; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MICELLAR CARRIERS FOR SPARINGLY SOLUBLE PHARMACEUTICALSVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO REPORTER SYSTEM FOR IMAGING GENE TRANSFERKurt Zinn; Fiscal Year: 2002..The proposed reporter system will determine if gene therapy vectors are targeted to tumor, and when further gene therapy treatment is necessary. ..
- Acquisition of a 9.4T Small Animal MRI/MRS SystemJohn Gore; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Effects of Swallowing Therapy in Head and Neck CancerJerilyn Logemann; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Massage Therapy for Breast Cancer-related LymphedemaMichael Bernas; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIBODY-TARGETED POLYMERIC SYSTEMS FOR TUMOR IMAGINGVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Correlates of Source Monitoring in SchizophreniaAnthony Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Dedicated Small-animal SPECT SystemTodd Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MICELLAR CARRIERS FOR SPARINGLY SOLUBLE PHARMACEUTICALSVladimir Torchilin; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeting MMPS to Image AtherosclerosisJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2007..The extent of inflammation and MMP expression in the plaques will be ascertained histopathologically. [unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HEART IMAGING AGENTS--STRUCTURAL MECHANISTICS STUDYDavid Raffel; Fiscal Year: 2004..Finally, [11C]- and [18F]-labeled polar derivatives of the psychostimulant methcathinone will be synthesized as potential NET markers and their in vitro NET affinities determined as the cloned human NET transporter. ..
- Pancreatic Islet Imaging and Blood FlowJohn Gore; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging Apoptosis to Detect Unstable Atheromatous PlaqueJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impending surgical intervention will allow histopathological evaluation of the endarterectomy specimens to define potential utility of annexin imaging. ..
- IMAGING COX-2 GENE EXPRESSION IN INFLAMMATION AND TUMORSHarvey Herschman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Studies with this mouse will correlate optical and microPET imaging technologies. ..
- Oropharyngeal Function After Radiotherapy with IMRTJerilyn A Logemann; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project attempts to quantify the swallow problems associated with this specific treatment and the effects of interventions for these swallow problems. ..