Genomes and Genes
Summary: X-ray visualization of the chest and organs of the thoracic cavity. It is not restricted to visualization of the lungs.
Publications210 found, 100 shown here
- Radiation dose reduction in chest CT: a reviewTakeshi Kubo
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:335-43. 2008..Finally, the results of previous radiation dose reduction studies are reviewed, and important information contributing to radiation dose reduction will be shared...
- Noncalcified lung nodules: volumetric assessment with thoracic CTMarios A Gavrielides
National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993 0002, USA
Radiology 251:26-37. 2009....
- Comparative analysis of pedicle screw and hook instrumentation in posterior correction and fusion of idiopathic thoracic scoliosisU Liljenqvist
Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur Spine J 11:336-43. 2002....
- The major histopathologic pattern of pulmonary fibrosis in scleroderma is nonspecific interstitial pneumoniaDong Soon Kim
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 19:121-7. 2002....
- Comparison of visual grading analysis and determination of detective quantum efficiency for evaluating system performance in digital chest radiographyPatrik Sund
Department of Radiation Physics, Goteborg University, 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur Radiol 14:48-58. 2004....
- Flat-panel-detector chest radiography: effect of tube voltage on image qualityMartin Uffmann
Department of Radiology, University of Vienna Medical School, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Wien, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiology 235:642-50. 2005..To compare the visibility of anatomic structures in direct-detector chest radiographs acquired with different tube voltages at equal effective doses to the patient...
- Towards optimization in digital chest radiography using Monte Carlo modellingGustaf Ullman
Department of Radiation Physics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Phys Med Biol 51:2729-43. 2006..Choice of tube voltage depends on whether quantum noise (SNR) or the contrast ratios are most relevant for the diagnostic task. SNR increases with decreasing tube voltage while C/C(B) increases with increasing tube voltage...
- Value of chest radiography in a tuberculosis prevention programme for HIV-infected people, BotswanaB Mosimaneotsile
BOTUSA Project, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Gaborone, Botswana
Lancet 362:1551-2. 2003..A screening chest radiograph should not be required routinely for asymptomatic people taking isoniazid as preventive treatment in settings able to screen for signs and symptoms of tuberculosis...
- Evaluation of image quality and radiation dose of thoracic and coronary dual-source CT in 110 infants with congenital heart diseaseMoez Ben Saad
Radiology Department, CC Marie Lannelongue, 133 av de la Résistance, Plessis Robinson, 92350, France
Pediatr Radiol 39:668-76. 2009..There are only a few reports on the diagnostic accuracy, and the technical and clinical feasibility, of multidetector CT (MDCT) in infants with congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Thoracic radiography of pet macaques in Sulawesi, IndonesiaMichael A Schillaci
Department of Social Sciences, University of Toronto Scarborough, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Med Primatol 37:141-5. 2008..thoracic health, as well as describe our field methods and outline some of the challenges of conducting thoracic radiography in remote areas of the developing world...
- The relation of the pleural thickening in tuberculosis pleurisy with the activity of adenosine deaminaseB Uskul
Department of Pulmonology, SSK Sureyyapasa Center for Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 63:101-7. 2005....
- Radiology in the intensive care unit (Part I)Beatrice Trotman-Dickenson
Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Intensive Care Med 18:198-210. 2003..Pleural complications in the intensive care unit and image-guided intervention will also be discussed...
- An evaluation of symptom and chest radiographic screening in tuberculosis prevalence surveysS den Boon
Desmond Tutu TB Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:876-82. 2006..The population was 36,334 in 2001, and the TB notification rate was 341 per 100,000 population for new smear-positive TB in 2002...
- Defining the potential impact of conjugate bacterial polysaccharide-protein vaccines in reducing the burden of pneumonia in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected and -uninfected childrenShabir A Madhi
SAIMR University of the Witwatersrand Medical Research Council Pneumococcal Diseases Research Unit
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:393-9. 2002..One such possible outcome measure is alveolar consolidation confirmed by chest radiograph (CXR)...
- The increasing use of chest computed tomography for trauma: is it being overutilized?David Plurad
Los Angeles County Medical Center, University of Southern California, USA
J Trauma 62:631-5. 2007..The objective of this study was to determine the change in usage of CCT over time and the number of injuries missed on plain chest radiograph (CXR) with normal findings that required therapy...
- Chest radiographic and CT findings in novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) infectionPrachi P Agarwal
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiothoracic Radiology, University of Michigan Health Service, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1488-93. 2009..This article reviews the chest radiographic and CT findings in patients with presumed/laboratory-confirmed novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) infection...
- Potential applications of flat-panel volumetric CT in morphologic and functional small animal imagingSusanne Greschus
Department of Neuroradiology, University Giessen, Klinikstrasse 29, Giessen 35385, Germany
Neoplasia 7:730-40. 2005..Beyond scanning of small animal models as demonstrated here, fpVCT provides the ability to image animals up to the size of primates...
- Can computerised tomography replace bone scintigraphy in detecting bone metastases from breast cancer? A prospective studyA R Bristow
Division of Breast Surgery, University of Nottingham, UK
Breast 17:98-103. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether bone scans (BS) can be avoided if pelvis was included in CT thorax and abdomen to detect bony metastases from breast cancer...
- Analysis of image quality in digital chest imagingA De Hauwere
Department of Medical Physics and Radiation Protection, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 117:174-7. 2005..It was clearly demonstrated that, in chest imaging, the amorphous silicon system has superior imaging characteristics compared to the screen-film and the computed radiology system...
- Gemcitabine-induced severe pulmonary toxicityFabrice Barlesi
Departement des Maladies Respiratoires, Faculty of Medicine, University de la Méditerranée Aix Marseille II, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Marseille, France
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 18:85-91. 2004..GISPT is rare but sometimes fatal. Its a necessity to increase awareness about it to enhanced an early and suitable management of patients developing such a toxicity after gemcitabine administration...
- Pulmonary complication of novel influenza A (H1N1) infection: imaging features in two patientsChoong Wook Lee
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:531-4. 2009..The second patient with secondary pneumococcal pneumonia showed areas of lobar consolidation in the right middle lobe and left lower lobe and ground-glass opacities...
- A prospective comparison of the coronal deformity correction in thoracic scoliosis using four different instrumentations and the fulcrum-bending radiographK D K Luk
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Hong Kong, The Duchess of Kent Children s Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:560-3. 2004..A prospective study on comparing coronal deformity correction in thoracic scoliosis using four different instrumentations...
- A female with dry cough, progressive dyspnoea and weight lossC B E Chee
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308433
Eur Respir J 25:206-9. 2005
- Radiation doses and risks in chest computed tomography examinationsWalter Huda
Department of Radiology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 4:316-20. 2007..5 cancers per 10,000 individuals, with half of these being fatal. It is concluded that patients undergoing chest CT examinations should have a benefit that exceeds the (small) radiation risk...
- Low-dose chest CT: optimizing radiation protection for patientsXiaohua Zhu
Department of Radiology, Shanghai Pneumology Hospital, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:809-16. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate CT scanning protocols to determine how best to minimize patient exposure to ionizing radiation while maintaining sufficient image quality to detect pulmonary diseases...
- Are plain radiographs of the spine necessary during evaluation after blunt trauma? Accuracy of screening torso computed tomography in thoracic/lumbar spine fracture diagnosisGabriel E Berry
Department of Surgery and Radiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Trauma 59:1410-3; discussion 1413. 2005..The objective of this study is to determine whether the data obtained from admission chest/abdomen/pelvis (CAP) computed tomography (CT) scans after blunt trauma has utility in thoracolumbar spine evaluation...
- What is the role of chest X-ray in the initial assessment of stable trauma patients?Gordon G Wisbach
Division of Trauma, Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, California 92103, USA
J Trauma 62:74-8; discussion 78-9. 2007..The Advanced Trauma Life Support course advocates the liberal use of chest X-ray (CXR) during the initial evaluation of trauma patients. We reviewed CXR performed in the trauma resuscitation room (TR) to determine its usefulness...
- Strategies for formulating appropriate MDCT techniques when imaging the chest, abdomen, and pelvis in pediatric patientsDianna D Cody
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 56, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:849-59. 2004..Our aim was to formulate appropriate MDCT chest and abdominopelvic CT scan protocols for pediatric patients...
- Digital slot-scan charge-coupled device radiography versus AMBER and Bucky screen-film radiography for detection of simulated nodules and interstitial disease in a chest phantomLucia J M Kroft
Department of Radiology, C2 S, Leiden University Medical Center, C2S, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 231:156-63. 2004....
- Swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) viral infection: radiographic and CT findingsAmr M Ajlan
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1494-9. 2009..The objective of our study was to review the chest radiographic and CT findings in patients with swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) infection...
- Comparative evaluation of organ and effective doses for paediatric patients with those for adults in chest and abdominal CT examinationsK Fujii
Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Daikominami, Higashi ku, Nagoya, Japan
Br J Radiol 80:657-67. 2007....
- Full-size digital storage phosphor chest radiography: effect of 4K versus 2K matrix size on observer performance in detection of subtle interstitial abnormalitiesTakashi Ueguchi
Department of Radiology, Osaka University Hospital, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Radiat Med 23:170-4. 2005..To compare observer performance in the detection of subtle interstitial abnormalities on 3,520 x 3,520 (4K) matrix and 1,760 x 1,760 (2K) matrix full-size digital storage phosphor (DSP) chest radiographs...
- Dose-image quality optimisation in digital chest radiographyP Doyle
Health Physics, Department of Clinical Physics and Bio engineering, Gartnavel Royal Hospital, Glasgow G12 OXH, UK nhs uk
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 114:269-72. 2005..SNR measurements provided a useful objective measure for assessment of image quality for optimising DR systems...
- Comparison of eight different digital chest radiography systems: variation in detection of simulated chest diseaseLucia J M Kroft
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, Leiden, The Netherlands 2333 ZA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:339-46. 2005..Our purpose was to assess the diagnostic performance of eight different digital radiography chest systems for detection of simulated chest disease under clinical conditions...
- Use of an automatic exposure control mechanism for dose optimization in multi-detector row CT examinations: clinical evaluationTom H Mulkens
Department of Radiology, Heilig Hart Hospital, Kolveniersvest 20, B 2500 Lier, Belgium
Radiology 237:213-23. 2005....
- Outcomes of contact investigations of infectious tuberculosis patientsS M Marks
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, TB Prevention, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Atlanta 30333, Georgia, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 162:2033-8. 2000..We identified several successful practices, as well as suggestions for improvements, that will help TB programs target policies and procedures to enhance contact investigation effectiveness...
- The prevalence of pulmonary parenchymal tuberculosis in patients with tuberculous pleuritisHee Joung Kim
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine and Lung Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, 110 744, South Korea
Chest 129:1253-8. 2006..To examine the prevalence and characteristics of parenchymal tuberculous pleuritis in adult patients...
- Fleischner Society: glossary of terms for thoracic imagingDavid M Hansell
Department of Radiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London SW3 6NP, United Kingdom
Radiology 246:697-722. 2008..a glossary of terms for thoracic imaging that replaces previous glossaries published in 1984 and 1996 for thoracic radiography and computed tomography (CT), respectively...
- Can we abandon daily routine chest radiography in intensive care patients?Marleen E Graat
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Intensive Care Med 20:238-46. 2005..The debate about discontinuing daily routine chest radiographs in the ICU is still not settled...
- Acute fibrinous and organizing pneumonia: initial presentation as a solitary noduleHideo Kobayashi
Third Department of Medicine, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
J Thorac Imaging 20:291-3. 2005..We report the initial radiologic features of AFOP and suggest that there are some radiologic similarities between this condition and cryptogenic organizing pneumonia...
- Increasing utilization of computed tomography in the adult emergency department, 2000-2005Joshua Broder
Division of Emergency Medicine, Box 3096, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Emerg Radiol 13:25-30. 2006..Whether this increase in utilization results in improved patient outcomes is at present unclear and deserves additional study...
- A 55-year-old smoker with a persistent right lower lobe infiltrateViji Sankaranarayanan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center and Medical Services, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Chest 127:2266-70. 2005
- Improved detection of lung nodules on chest radiographs using a commercial computer-aided diagnosis systemShingo Kakeda
Department of Radiology, University of Occupational and Environmental Health School of Medicine, Iseigaoka 1 1, Yahatanisi ku, Kitakyushu shi 807 8555, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:505-10. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of a new commercially available computer-aided diagnosis (CAD) system with an automated method of detecting nodules due to lung cancers on chest radiograph...
- Chest radiography with a digital flat-panel detector: experimental receiver operating characteristic analysisStephan Metz
Department of Diagnostic Radiology and Institute of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Radiology 234:776-84. 2005....
- Radiographic abnormalities and exposure to asbestos-contaminated vermiculite in the community of Libby, Montana, USALucy A Peipins
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1753-9. 2003..R. Grace worker, and being a male. In addition to being a former W.R. Grace worker, environmental exposures and other nonoccupational risk factors were also important predictors of asbestos-related radiographic abnormalities...
- Direct detector radiography versus dual reading computed radiography: feasibility of dose reduction in chest radiographyMichael Gruber
Department of Radiology and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Clinical and Experimental Radiologic Research, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 16:1544-50. 2006..A further dose reduction does not appear to be feasible for DR without significant loss of image quality...
- Contrast-detail evaluation and dose assessment of eight digital chest radiography systems in clinical practiceWouter J H Veldkamp
Department of Radiology, C2S, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur Radiol 16:333-41. 2006..003). Calculated effective dose varied between 0.010 mSv and 0.032 mSv. Significant differences in contrast-detail performance and effective dose levels were found between different digital chest radiography systems in clinical practice...
- Investigation of optimum energies for chest imaging using film-screen and computed radiographyI D Honey
Kings Centre for the Assessment of Radiological Equipment KCARE, Kings College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, UK
Br J Radiol 78:422-7. 2005..When changing from FS to CR, the use of lower tube potentials may allow image quality to be maintained whilst reducing effective dose. A tube voltage of 90 kVp is indicated by this work, but may require clinical verification...
- Fundamental imaging characteristics of a slot-scan digital chest radiographic systemEhsan Samei
Digital Imaging Research Division, Department of Radiology, Duke University, DUMC 3302, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Med Phys 31:2687-98. 2004..43 in the mediastinum. The findings indicated that the slot-scan design provides marked scatter reduction leading to high effective DQE (DQEeff) of the system and reduced patient dose required to achieve high image quality...
- Detection of simulated nodules on clinical radiographs: dose reduction at digital posteroanterior chest radiographyLucia J M Kroft
Department of Radiology, C2S, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 241:392-8. 2006..To determine to what extent dose reduction results in decreased detection of simulated nodules on patient digital posteroanterior (PA) chest radiographs...
- Chest CT performed with z-axis modulation: scanning protocol and radiation doseMannudeep K Kalra
Division of Thoracic Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, White 270 E, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 237:303-8. 2005..72). Compared with the fixed tube current technique, z-axis modulation provides acceptable image noise for chest CT, with an 18% and 26% reduction in tube current-time product at 10.0- and 12.5-HU noise indexes, respectively...
- Clinical evaluation of pulmonary nodules with dual-exposure dual-energy subtraction chest radiographyMasahiko Uemura
Department of Radiology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Radiat Med 23:391-7. 2005..The purpose of this study was to assess the effect of dual-exposure dual-energy (DE) subtraction chest radiography with flat-panel detector...
- Baseline staging tests after a new diagnosis of breast cancer: further evidence of their limited indicationsF Puglisi
Breast Unit and Clinical Oncology, University of Udine, Piazzale SM Misericordia, 33100 Udine, Italy
Ann Oncol 16:263-6. 2005..However, in the absence of symptomatic disease, the usefulness of this routine diagnostic work-up is not evidence-based...
- Image quality and radiation dose on digital chest imaging: comparison of amorphous silicon and amorphous selenium flat-panel systemsKlaus Bacher
Department of Medical Physics and Radiation Protection, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, Gent B9000, Belgium
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:630-7. 2006..In addition, the low-contrast performance of both systems with standard and low radiation doses was compared...
- Rupture of a chronic expanding hematoma of the thorax into lung parenchymaKenichi Okubo
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Gifu National Hospital, Gifu, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1838-40. 2004
- Two K versus 4 K storage phosphor chest radiography: detection performance and image qualityClaus Koelblinger
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090, Vienna, Austria
Eur Radiol 17:2934-40. 2007..Compared to 2-K radiographs, 4-K storage phosphor chest radiographs do not provide superior detection performance or image quality when evaluated in identical hard copy formats...
- Added value of routine chest MDCT after blunt trauma: evaluation of additional findings and impact on patient managementMonique Brink
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Internal number Huispost 667, Geert Groote plein 10, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 190:1591-8. 2008..The objective of our study was to evaluate the added value of a low-threshold routine thoracic MDCT algorithm compared with a selective MDCT algorithm in adult blunt trauma patients...
- Ellis-van creveld syndrome, Jeune syndrome, and renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia: separate entities or disease spectrum?L A Brueton
Kennedy Galton Centre, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, Middlesex
J Med Genet 27:252-5. 1990..It seems possible that these three entities form part of a disease spectrum rather than being distinct conditions...
- Scimitar syndromeSoheila Khalilzadeh
Chronic Respiratory Disease Center, National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease NRITLD, Masih Daneshvari Hospital, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 12:79-81. 2009..We report a four-year-old girl with recurrent pneumonia and failure to thrive, who was diagnosed as having scimitar syndrome...
- Standard-dose and 50%-reduced-dose chest CT: comparing the effect on image qualitySrinivasa R Prasad
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Founders 216, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:461-5. 2002..We hypothesized that radiation doses for routine chest CT can be reduced by 50% for the evaluation of normal structures without seriously jeopardizing image quality...
- Prospective evaluation of the sensitivity of physical examination in chest traumaFaran Bokhari
Department of Trauma, Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Trauma 53:1135-8. 2002..The accuracy of physical examination in the diagnosis of hemopneumothorax in these patients is unclear. A prospective study was performed to define the utility of routine portable chest radiographs in 676 trauma patients...
- Efficacy of thoracic computerized tomography in blunt chest traumaL Omert
Department of Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am Surg 67:660-4. 2001..In patients with severe mechanisms of injury and normal CXRs TCT expeditiously identifies occult chest injuries that require treatment in 5 per cent of this population...
- Interobserver variability in applying a radiographic definition for ARDSG D Rubenfeld
Harborview Medical Center and the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98104, USA
Chest 116:1347-53. 1999..The accuracy or reliability of this consensus radiographic definition has not been evaluated, and no radiographic definition of ALI-ARDS has been evaluated by a large international group of experts...
- Screening for aortic injury with chest radiography and clinical factorsJared R Kirkham
Department of Radiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, WA 98104, USA
Emerg Radiol 14:211-7. 2007....
- Treatment of scleroderma-interstitial lung disease with cyclophosphamide is associated with less progressive fibrosis on serial thoracic high-resolution CT scan than placebo: findings from the scleroderma lung studyJonathan Goldin
Department of Radiologic Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Chest 136:1333-40. 2009..This study examined thoracic high-resolution CT (HRCT) scans obtained during the SLS for treatment-associated changes over time...
- Chest CT findings of influenza virus-associated pneumonia in 12 adult patientsJiro Fujita
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Control and Prevention of Infectious Diseases First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, 207 Uehara, Nishihara cho, Okinawa, Japan
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 1:183-7. 2007..In this study, we describe the chest computed tomography findings of influenza virus-associated pneumonia in adult patients...
- Radiographic and high-resolution CT findings of influenza virus pneumonia in patients with hematologic malignanciesAnastasia Oikonomou
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, 899 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9, Canada
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:507-11. 2003..We sought to describe the radiographic and high-resolution CT findings of influenza virus pneumonia in patients with hematologic malignancies...
- A pilot study to derive clinical variables for selective chest radiography in blunt trauma patientsRobert M Rodriguez
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 47:415-8. 2006..The goal of this pilot study was to determine whether clinical criteria can identify blunt trauma patients with significant acute intrathoracic injury on chest radiograph...
- Temporal subtraction for detection of solitary pulmonary nodules on chest radiographs: evaluation of a commercially available computer-aided diagnosis systemTakeshi Johkoh
Department of Radiology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871
Radiology 223:806-11. 2002....
- Experimental comparison of noise and resolution for 2k and 4k storage phosphor radiography systemsM J Flynn
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Med Phys 26:1612-23. 1999..The 4k images had an extended MTF of 0.1 at 4.5 cycles/mm in the plate-scan direction. Overall, the DQE (f) of the 4k mode was slightly better than that for the 2k mode by about 0.02 due primarily to its better noise characteristics...
- Utility of routine chest radiographs in a medical-surgical intensive care unit: a quality assurance surveyN Chahine-Malus
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Crit Care 5:271-5. 2001..To determine the utility of routine chest radiographs (CXRs) in clinical decision-making in the intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Thin-section CT of severe acute respiratory syndrome: evaluation of 73 patients exposed to or with the diseaseK T Wong
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 30 32 Ngan Shing St, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR
Radiology 228:395-400. 2003..To retrospectively analyze the thin-section computed tomographic (CT) features in patients with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) at the authors' institution...
- Routine computerised tomographic scans of the thorax in surveillance of stage I testicular non-seminomatous germ-cell cancer--a necessary risk?M L Harvey
Department of Radiology, Royal South Hants Hospital, Southampton, UK
Ann Oncol 13:237-42. 2002..Conventionally, computed tomography (CT) scanning of the thorax has formed part of the surveillance programme. This paper evaluates the contribution of routine thoracic CT imaging in the management of this disease...
- Radiation dose to premature infants in neonatal intensive care units in KuwaitA Brindhaban
Department of Radiologic Sciences, Kuwait University, PO Box 31470, Sulaibikhat 90805, Kuwait
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 111:275-81. 2004..The risk of developing childhood cancers from each of the three examinations was estimated to be in the range (9-117) x 10(-6) for infants undergoing 25 of these X-ray examinations during their stay in the NIC unit...
- Silicosis and tuberculosis: Part 2--a radiographic presentation of nodular tuberculosis and silicosisA Solomon
Occupational Medicine Section, National Centre for Occupational Health, Johannesburg, South Africa
Int J Occup Environ Health 7:54-7. 2001..Alterations in the usual chronologic progress, a rapid advance in nodular profusion or size outside the expected time frame, and distinct pattern alterations are features indicating the presence of TB associated with silicosis...
- Utility of daily routine portable chest radiographs in mechanically ventilated patients in the medical ICUMark Krivopal
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Chest 123:1607-14. 2003....
- Comparison of doses for bedside examinations of the chest with conventional screen-film and computed radiography: results of a randomized controlled trialG C Weatherburn
Health Economics Research Group, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 3PH, England
Radiology 217:707-12. 2000..To compare the radiation doses received by patients during bedside chest radiography when a computed radiography system was used and when a 400-speed screen-film system was used...
- Lateral thoracic expansion for Jeune's syndrome: midterm resultsJ T Davis
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Columbus Children's Hospital, Ohio 43205, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 72:872-7; discussion 878. 2001..More experience and longer follow-up are required to discern the place of the lateral thoracic expansion in the overall management of these patients...
- Clinical predictors for the selective use of chest radiographs in pediatric blunt trauma evaluationsMichael A Gittelman
Division of Emergency Medicine, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Trauma 55:670-6. 2003..This study sought to determine those clinical markers associated with an abnormal chest radiograph in nonintubated, pediatric, blunt trauma victims...
- Detection of monitoring materials on bedside chest radiographs with the most recent generation of storage phosphor plates: dose increase does not improve detection performanceEdith Eisenhuber
Department of Radiology and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Clinical and Experimental Radiologic Research, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiology 227:216-21. 2003..To evaluate the performance of the most recent generation of storage phosphor plates for the detection of low-contrast catheter material on bedside chest radiographs...
- Radiation exposure at chest CT: a statement of the Fleischner SocietyJohn R Mayo
Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital, 899 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Z 1M9 Canada
Radiology 228:15-21. 2003....
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome: radiographic review of 40 probable cases in Toronto, CanadaLeonard Grinblat
Department of Medical Imaging, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Radiology 228:802-9. 2003..To review radiographic findings of patients with probable severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) who were seen at a University of Toronto (Ontario, Canada) teaching hospital...
- Pulmonary epithelioid hemangioendothelioma mimicking mesotheliomaArmita Bahrami
Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
Pathol Int 58:730-4. 2008....
- [Imaging in lymphomatoid granulomatosis]M Horger
Rofo 180:193-6. 2008
- Iron deficiency anaemia: a presentation of idiopathic pulmonary haemosiderosisT J Corte
Intern Med J 36:207-9. 2006
- [Solitary pulmonary nodule--still actual diagnostic problem]Janusz Kowalewski
Z Katedry i Kliniki Chirurgii Klatki Piersiowej i Nowotworów Collegium Medicum w Bydgoszczy, Uniwersytetu M Kopernika w Toruniu
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 73:198-201. 2005
- [Pulmonary myofibroblastoma: the role of primary surgery]M Abdennadher
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, CHU Habib Bourguiba, Sfax, Tunisie
Rev Mal Respir 22:1043-7. 2005..Myofibroblastic tumours or pulmonary pseudotumours are rare and, though benign, they may become invasive and recur after excision...
- [Pulmonary actinomycosis in a child]M Kabiri
Service de pédiatrie V, Hôpital d Enfants, avenue Ibn Rochd, Souissi, Rabat, Morocco
Arch Pediatr 15:1312-4. 2008..When the diagnosis is established, the treatment is medical...
- [Pulmonary manifestations of the vasculitides]Jean Francois Cordier
Service de Pneumologie, centre de référence des maladies orphelines pulmonaires, Hopital Louis Pradel, Lyon
Rev Prat 58:492-8. 2008..In SCS, asthma with eosinophilia and further eosinophilic pneumonia are the characteristic pulmonary features. Lung biopsy may be necessary in WG to obtain a definite diagnosis when no other site for biopsy is possible...
- Imaging of gefitinib-related interstitial lung disease: multi-institutional analysis by the West Japan Thoracic Oncology GroupMasahiro Endo
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, Shizuoka City Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Lung Cancer 52:135-40. 2006....
- A prospective analysis of 184 hemoptysis cases: diagnostic impact of chest X-ray, computed tomography, bronchoscopyMaria Tsoumakidou
Department of Thoracic Medicine, University of Crete, Medical School, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Respiration 73:808-14. 2006..The clinical presentation of hemoptysis often raises a number of diagnostic possibilities...
- [Difficult diagnosis in a case of pulmonary epidermoid carcinoma]Monica Pop
Universitatea de Medicina Si Farmacie Iuliu Hatieganu Cluj Napoca, Facultatea de Medicini, Disciplina de Pneumologie
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 109:259-63. 2005..By this reason the patient underwent exploratory thoracotomy and the diagnosis was confirmed by the biopsy of the resected specimen: pulmonary epidermoid carcinoma. The short term outcome was favourable...
- Pulmonary relapse of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in bilateral upper lobesYoshiko Fujimoto
Department of Molecular Hematology and Oncology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto, Japan
Intern Med 45:971-3. 2006..Thus, TBLB proved to be essential for the diagnosis of the lung involvement of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- [BALT lymphoma: a rare pulmonary neoplasm]M Regier
Rofo 179:180-2. 2007
- Clinical investigation of cavitary tuberculosis and tuberculous pneumoniaKi Man Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chungbuk National University College of Medicine, Cheongju, Korea
Korean J Intern Med 21:230-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the factors associated with tuberculous pneumonia by making comparison with cavitary tuberculosis...
- Where is the heart after left-sided pneumonectomy?Sietske A Smulders
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Thorac Oncol 1:69-70. 2006
- Pulmonary manifestations of Pyoderma gangrenosumBachar Chahine
Service de Pneumologie et Immuno Allergologie, Hôpital universitaire Calmette, Lille
Presse Med 36:1395-8. 2007..Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon ulcerative cutaneous disorder. Extracutaneous localizations are rare. Respiratory system involvement has been described in a few cases, but the pulmonary features reported were highly variable...
- [Mycobacterium avium complex infection which need to distinguish from lung cancer]Eisuke Matsuda
Department of Chest Surgery, National Sanyo Hospital, Ube, Japan
Kyobu Geka 60:457-60. 2007..Majority cases of Mycobacterium avium infection showed multiple nodules or infiltration shadows on bilateral lungs. But in our case, CT scan showed a solitary nodule, causing differential diagnosis from lung cancer to be difficult...
- Diagnostic value and learning curve of transbronchial needle aspiration in thoracic surgeryF Raveglia
Department of Thoracic Surgery, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
Minerva Chir 61:459-66. 2006..Since its correct management could reduce patient morbidity we adopted this method. Here is presented an overview of our experience over a 18-months training period...
- Lung cancerMichelle S Ginsberg
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 45:21-43. 2007..Familiarity with the different histologic subtypes of lung cancer and the typical and atypical appearances of lung cancer is vital. Radiologists serve a critical role in the diagnosis, staging, and follow-up of patients with lung cancer...
- [Negligent anamnesis]F Cuculi
Departement Innere Medizin, Kantonales Spital Sursee Wolhusen
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:1805-6. 2006
- COMPUTER AIDED DIAGNOSIS IN CT OF THE THORAXSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Standard Database for CT Lung ImagesSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ideas resented in this proposal are expected to stimulate the efforts of the Consortium toward that goal. ..
- 3D Massive Training ANN for CAD for Colon Cancer in CT ColonographyKenji Suzuki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Computerized Analysis of Mesothelioma on CT ScansSamuel Armato; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Resolution requirements for mammographic displaysEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will be used to formulate recommendations to the breast imaging community concerning display resolution criteria for safe and optimized soft-copy display of digital mammograms. ..
- PATIENT SPECIFIC MODELS IN LUNG CANCER SCREENING WITH CTMatthew Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..4] To compare radiologist accuracy and interpretation times of HR-hCT scans, both with and without assistance from the automated detection system, against pre-existing nodule detection methods. ..
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer via Bi Plane CorrelationEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings will be used to demonstrate the capability of the approach for improving the detection of lung nodules, and thus the prognosis of lung cancer. ..
- Bi-Plane Correlation Imaging: Detection of Lung CancerEhsan Samei; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will be used to substantiate the capability of BCI for improving the early detection of lung nodules and to optimize its performance on actual clinical cases. ..
- Improved DBM ROC Methods for Diagnostic RadiologyKEVIN STALEY BERBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will lead to better radiology research, which will raise the quality and lower the cost of health care. ..
- SATISFACTION OF SEARCH IN DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGYKevin Berbaum; Fiscal Year: 2001..This reduction in error could be most significant with increased image interpretation by non-radiologists, who, being principally driven by their clinical suspicion, are more susceptible to errors involving unanticipated abnormalities. ..
- Standardizing CT Assessment of Pulmonary ParenchymaJuerg Tschirren; Fiscal Year: 2006..Developing AMFM into a screening tool to complement lung cancer screening for at-risk patients is another option we are exploring for the long-term. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pulmonary Lobar Analysis by 3D Surface DetectionJuerg Tschirren; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed methods are urgently needed to take advantage of emerging therapies for the early treatment of lung disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognosis and Effectiveness of Advanced Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan P Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide information regarding the efficacy of several therapies and may help resolve several controversies regarding the staging and treatment of elderly patients with advanced stage lung cancer. ..
- Dose and image quality in adult and pediatric CTWalter Huda; Fiscal Year: 2006..Determine the choice of kVp/mAs and PR/mAs that minimize patient doses with no loss of diagnostic performance. 3. Help the Radiology community to balance the confliciting requirements of image quality and patient doses in clinical CT. ..
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Lung Cancer Treatment in the ElderlyJuan Wisnivesky; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from this project will provide information that can directly impact the care of elderly patients with NSCLC and inform the design of future trials of lung cancer treatment strategies. ..
- Photodynamic Therapy for the Treatment of Obstructive E*Todd Demmy; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will be instrumental in the development of a novel PDT drug without long-term restrictions of patients' sun exposure. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Cancer Prognosis: FLT PET and DNA HypermethylationHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2009..This prognostic information will permit individualization and optimization of therapy for the 41,000 early stage NSCLC patients undergoing surgical resection each year in the United States. ..
- Breast Cancer, Radiation and the ATM-CHEK2 PathwayJonine Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Conduct a population-based case-control association study of 6 genes involved in the ATM-CHEK2 pathway to determine whether they are associated with an increased risk of radiation-induced contralateral breast cancer. ..
- Nucleotide Excision Repair in Cutaneous MelanomaHensin Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr. Tsao is committed to the study of cutaneous melanoma and the career development activities outlined in this application will allow him to become fully independent. ..
- Discovery of Biomarkers for Lung Cancer MetastasisEdward Patz; Fiscal Year: 2009..This translational project will focus on an essential prognostic issue in lung cancer, but this model can be applied to any other diagnostic question in oncology. ..
- The Laboratory Effect in Breast Cancer Detection StudiesDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2007..The comparison we are attempting to do is at the very core of our ability (or not) to generalize laboratory observer performance data to the general clinical environment in a valid manner. ..
- Phase Contrast Computed Tomography ScannerEdwin Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROC Analysis of Imaging System EvaluationsDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will develop closed-form solutions for the ANOVA procedure conducted on all possible bootstrap values. ..
- Computer Detection of Nodules of the LungAnthony Reeves; Fiscal Year: 2007..The complete detection system will be evaluated with a CT image database that has a ground truth established by multiple radiologist reads. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Monte Carlo Based Patient Radiation Dose from CTMichael McNitt Gray; Fiscal Year: 2008..can be obtained without performing all aspects of the detailed analysis and modeling. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetics, Exposures, and RA-Related AutoimmunityKevin Deane; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Roots of Health Disparities: The Quality of Primary CarePeter Bach; Fiscal Year: 2008..The significance of these findings would be that a singular approach to improving the quality of care provided by physicians should enhance care quality overall and reduce healthcare disparities. ..
- Data Consistency Based Motion Artifact Reduction for Head CTHengyong Yu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Hence, the proposed techniques promise to be translated for clinical use and should generate great healthcare benefits, especially for children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Comparing Performance Under FROC Paradigm - A Non Parametirc ApproachDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Radiologist Detection of Lung Nodules with CADGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- FLT PET to Plan the Best Therapy for Lung CancerHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2008..At the conclusion of this study, the insight gained in the response of stage III NSCLCs will allow clinicians to plan the best therapy for these patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Shared Genetic Susceptibility in CBD and SarcoidosisLisa Maier; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase II validation of 4-dimensional computed tomography derived ventilation forThomas Guerrero; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our new imaging method uses equipment already available in almost every radiation oncology clinic. This study seeks to validate our new ventilation imaging with the present standard method. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antibiotic-mediated Adaptation of Pseudomonas aeruginosaLUCAS HOFFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The techniques and environments in this proposal are ideal for preparing for a career in the study of lung infections in children. ..
- Lung Imaging Database Resource for Imaging ResearchMIKE MCNITT GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..SA-3 To provide a means for documentation and distribution of this database to researchers through the internet. ..
- UNDERSTANDING RACIAL DIFFERENCES--LUNG CANCER TREATMENTPeter Bach; Fiscal Year: 2003..Once identified, differences in the evaluative process undergone by black and white patients will be assessed, and the association between provider and patient race on receipt of surgery will be tested. ..
- Estimating Neural Network Precision for Cancer DiagnosisYulei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Conference--Medical Image PerceptionElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This grant will be used to provide financial support for about 12 graduate students and residents, as well as logistic support for publicity and program printing. ..
- AMPHETAMINE ENHANCED STROKE RECOVERY--BURKE SRCI GROUPLarry Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2002..However the treatment duration will be increased to a total of 10 sessions. ..
- LOCAL ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM IN LUNG FIBROGENESISLisa Maier; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will help establish a role for the angiotensin system in granulomatous lung disease and the path to fibrogenesis. ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2002..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- OBSERVER PERFORMANCE STUDIES-READER SELECTION & TRAININGDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2002..While they proposed to continue to investigate several aspects in this regard, the current proposal would focus on the possible effects of observer (reader) selection and training on study design and results. ..
- VOLUMETRIC ANALYSIS OF THE AORTA AND ITS BRANCHESGeoffrey Rubin; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Breast CT scanner for earlier cancer detectionJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2002..that particularly warrant screening using breast CT. The Phase II trial will shed more light on this issue. ..
- PREVALENCE EFFECT IN IMAGING SYSTEMS EVALUATIONSDavid Gur; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZING SOFTCOPY DISPLAYS FOR DIGITAL MAMMOGRAPHYElizabeth Krupinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..The JND metrix model will then be used to systematically explore and optimize CRT design tradeoffs for current and future digital-mammography display systems. ..
- A NEW FUNCTIONAL EVALUATION TOOL FOR CANCER CAREPeter Bach; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) Instrument assembly through analysis of results of reliability and validity testing, followed by dissemination of results. ..
- Interaction of Radiation, BRCA1/2, and Breast CancerJonine Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..Once our study has been completed, we will have established an outstanding resource for future studies of other putative breast cancer genes and environmental exposures, with a particular focus on radiation exposure. ..
- Development of a Novel Gas Embolotherapy TechniqueJOSEPH BULL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research is an essential first step in developing this potentially revolutionary technique. ..
- Hybrid Nuclear/X-ray Projection System for Mouse ImagingJohn Boone; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Genital Ulcer Disease and HIV TransmissionJeanne Sheffield; Fiscal Year: 2005..The pursuit of these aims will further elucidate the cellular and molecular bases of the interrelationship between GUD and HIV-1 transmission, particularly in women. ..
- Monochromatic Phase-Contrast Breast Cancer RadiographyEdwin Donnelly; Fiscal Year: 2005..Image quality of all images will be judged by an experienced mammographer. ..
- Clinical Research and Mentoring in Infectious DiseaseKent Sepkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Development and CAD Assessment of a PN DatabaseDavid Yankelevitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Working groups will include radiology, CAD development, and informatics and our outreach efforts will include patient advocacy and early users of the database. ..
- A randomized trial of influenza vaccination of Hutterite childrenMark Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2006..We believe that the trial we propose will lead to important data that can inform policy on influenza immunization strategy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEPHRITOGENIC EPITOPES IN GOODPASTURES SYNDROMEWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, the knowledge resultant from these investigations may provide a basis for the eventual development of specific therapeutic interventions for Goodpasture's syndrome. ..
- Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 therapy in CKD and ESRDWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of non-tuberculous mycobacteria in lung diseaseJason Stout; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our findings will also assist clinicians in predicting which patients with NTM isolated from the respiratory tract will have NTM pulmonary disease. ..
- TOMOSYNTHESIS FOR IMPROVED PULMONARY NODULE DETECTIONJames Dobbins; Fiscal Year: 2005..These pilot studies will characterize and minimize effects of patient motion, optimize the number of reconstructed planes and patient entrance exposure, and evaluate slice viewing vs volume rendering. ..
- Multimodality CAD system with image references for breast mass characterizationBerkman Sahiner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Any reduction in this number without a decrease in breast cancer detection sensitivity will decrease health care costs, as well as contribute to the well-being of the patient by reducing anxiety and morbidity. ..