Genomes and Genes
tilt table test
Summary: Tilt tables are used to maintain a head-down body posture during testing of cardiac response to identify patients with a vasodepressive or cardioinhibitory response as a cause of syncope. (From Braunwald, Heart Disease, 4th ed, p621)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- Prediction of vasovagal syncope from heart rate and blood pressure trend and variability: experience in 1,155 patientsNathalie Virag
Medtronic Europe, Tolochenaz, Switzerland
Heart Rhythm 4:1375-82. 2007..Vasovagal syncope (VVS) is a complex fainting disorder commonly triggered by orthostatic stress...
- Head-up tilt table testing in syncope: safety and efficiency of isosorbide versus isoproterenol in pediatric populationMoshe Swissa
Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Am Heart J 156:477-82. 2008....
- Time-varying spectral analysis for comparison of HRV and PPG variability during tilt table testEduardo Gil
Communications Technology Group, Aragóln Institute of Engineering Research, University of Zaragoza, Spain
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:3579-82. 2010..The study is based on the analysis of the changes observed during tilt table test in the heart rate modulation of 17 young subjects...
- Influence of comorbidities and medication use on tilt table test outcome in elderly patientsBiju Paul
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Flinders University and Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:540-3. 2007The tilt table test (TTT) is a useful diagnostic tool in people with unexplained syncope, dizziness, and falls. However, preexisting comorbidities and medications affecting hemodynamic response might affect TTT outcome (i.e...
- Unprovoked and glyceryl trinitrate-provoked head-up tilt table test is safe in older people: a review of 10 years' experienceZbigniew J Gieroba
Flinders University Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, South Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1913-5. 2004..To test the safety of the head-up tilt test (HUT) in older adults...
- Electroencephalographic correlates of vasovagal syncope induced by head-up tilt testingF Ammirati
Heart Disease Department and the Neurological Sciences Department, S Filippo Neri Hospital, Rome, Italy
Stroke 29:2347-51. 1998....
- Guidelines on management (diagnosis and treatment) of syncope--update 2004Michele Brignole
Europace 6:467-537. 2004
- Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction correlates with brain MRI lesion load in MSA Saari
Department of Neurology, Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 25, 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Clin Neurophysiol 115:1473-8. 2004....
- Frequency of arrhythmic events during head-up tilt testing in patients with suspected neurocardiogenic syncope or presyncopePhil Ho Kim
Division of Cardiology, Cardiac and Vascular Center, Samsung Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Cardiol 94:1491-5. 2004..Of 2,242 patients, ventricular fibrillation occurred in 1 patient (0.04%). Thus, bradyarrhythmias were the most common arrhythmic events during HUT with isoproterenol provocation. Serious ventricular tachyarrhythmia rarely occurred...
- The effects of roll vs. pitch rotation in humans under orthostatic stressB Cheung
Defence and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Aviat Space Environ Med 70:966-74. 1999..We examined the effect of roll vs. pitch rotation while undergoing transition from hypogravity to +1 Gz on a tilt table...
- Diagnostic yield of external electrocardiographic loop recorders in patients with recurrent syncope and negative tilt table testAndreas Schuchert
Medical Clinic III, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1837-40. 2003..loop recorders in patients with more than two syncopal events within the last 6 months and a negative tilt table test. Twenty-four consecutive patients (51 +/- 14 years, male n = 9) were enrolled with 3 +/- 4 recurrent syncopal ..
- Postural tachycardia syndrome with asystole on head-up tiltAmer Alshekhlee
Autonomic Laboratory, Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Clin Auton Res 18:36-9. 2008..e. asystole) and syncope during head-up tilt test. This suggests that a subset of patients with POTS can have a surge in parasympathetic outflow that precedes vasovagal syncope...
- Clinical spectrum and prevalence of neurologic events provoked by tilt table testingRod Passman
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Feinberg Cardiovascular Institute, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1945-8. 2003..Motor activity occurring during neurocardiogenic syncope can mimic true neurologic events...
- Cerebral autoregulatory responses to head-up tilt in normal subjects and patients with recurrent vasovagal syncopeB J Carey
Division of Medicine for the Elderly, University of Leicester, Glenfield Hospital, UK
Circulation 104:898-902. 2001..The effect of orthostatic stress on dynamic cerebral autoregulation (CA) in normal subjects and patients with recurrent vasovagal syncope (VVS) is unclear. This study assessed the dynamic CA responses of both groups to head-up tilt...
- Insulin sensitivity in young women with vasovagal syncopeGraciela Aurora Ruiz
Department of Cardiology, Hospital de Agudos Juan A Fernandez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am Heart J 145:834-40. 2003....
- Reproducibility of nitrate-stimulated tilt testing in patients with suspected vasovagal syncope and a healthy control groupArnaud J J Aerts
Department of Cardiology, Atrium Medisch Centrum, Heerlen, The Netherlands
Am Heart J 150:251-6. 2005..This study investigates the reproducibility of a nitrate-stimulated tilt test in patients with clinically suspected vasovagal syncope and a healthy control group...
- Comparison of the active standing test and head-up tilt test for diagnosis of syncope in childhood and adolescenceReiko Matsushima
Dept of Pediatrics, Daiichi Towakai Hospital, Miyano cho 2 17, Takatsuki shi, Osaka, Japan, 569 0081
Clin Auton Res 14:376-84. 2004..We conclude the AS test is as potential as HUT as a diagnostic test for syncope...
- Etiologic considerations in the patient with syncope and an apparently normal heartNora Goldschlager
Cardiology Division, 1001 Potrero Ave, Room 5G1, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:151-62. 2003
- [Long-term orthostatic and bicycle ergometry exercise tests in differential diagnosis of syncopal conditions of unclear origin]A V Pevzner
Ter Arkh 76:23-7. 2004..To study efficiency of bicycle exercise test and long-term orthostatic test in differential diagnosis of syncopes...
- A measure of heart rate variability is sensitive to orthostatic challenge in women with chronic fatigue syndromeYoshiharu Yamamoto
Department of Neurosciences, New Jersey Medical School, East Orange, New Jersey 07018 1095, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 228:167-74. 2003..The data suggest that a decrease in aperiodic fractal component of HRV in response to HUT can be used to differentiate patients with CFS from CON...
- Isometric arm counter-pressure maneuvers to abort impending vasovagal syncopeMichele Brignole
Arrhythmologic Centre, Department of Cardiology, Ospedali del Tigullio, Lavagna, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:2053-9. 2002..We hypothesized that isometric arm exercises were able to increase blood pressure (BP) during the phase of impending vasovagal syncope and allow the patient to avoid losing consciousness...
- Distribution of syncopal episodes in children and adolescents with neurally mediated cardiac syncope through the daySerdar Kula
Gazi University, Medical Faculty, Gazi Hospital, Paediatric Cardiology Department, 06500 Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Europace 7:634-7. 2005..To assess the relation between the timing of syncopal attacks and tilt test positivity...
- Repeated tilt testing in patients with tilt-positive neurally mediated syncopeHugo Ector
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Europace 7:628-33. 2005..Follow-up data are available for 202/222 patients. The time span between the first and last tilt test was 11.1+/-10 months (median 8.8). Of these 202 patients, 163 remained free of any event (80.7%)...
- Role of endogenous adenosine as a modulator of syncope induced during tilt testingAlain Y Saadjian
Division of Cardiology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
Circulation 106:569-74. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine whether APLs differ in patients with a positive head-up tilt test compared with those with a negative test and whether APLs are modified during tilt-induced vasovagal syncope...
- Effects of head-up tilting on baroreceptor control in subjects with different tolerances to orthostatic stressV L Cooper
Institute for Cardiovascular Research, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:221-6. 2002....
- Midodrine in neurally mediated syncope: a double-blind, randomized, crossover studyHoracio Kaufmann
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Ann Neurol 52:342-5. 2002..02). These results indicate that midodrine significantly improves orthostatic tolerance during head-up tilt in patients with recurrent neurally mediated syncope...
- Cerebral syncope: insights from Valsalva maneuverYu Ming Chuang
Department of Neurology, Keelung General Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur Neurol 54:98-102. 2005..To develop a path-physiological approach for vasomotor reactivity of cerebral syncope, the authors combined these maneuvers (HUT/transcranial Doppler/VM)...
- Management of vasovagal syncope: controlling or aborting faints by leg crossing and muscle tensingC T Paul Krediet
Department of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 106:1684-9. 2002..A simple maneuver to prevent or diminish vasovagal reactions would be beneficial...
- [Estimation of head-up tilt test in diagnosis of syncope of unknown origin. Can we come up with better results?]Grzegorz Gielerak
Klinika Chorób Wewnetrznych i Kardiologii Centralnego Szpitala Klinicznego Wojskowej AM w Warszawie
Pol Arch Med Wewn 108:639-46. 2002..3. Nonvasovagal types of reaction of cardiovascular system to orthostatic stress defined in ACC classification are, as the symptomatically syncope, significant clinical indicator of vegetative system instability...
- Do we need a reflex tachycardia to stand up?Jacques Olivier Fortrat
Laboratoire de Physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire, Faculte de Medecine, 49045 Angers Cedex, France
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:962-7. 2005..We hypothesized that this approach would improve the cardiovascular response to standing in comparison with a regular pacing mode...
- [Syncope. A diagnostic trap]Jorge Oseguera Moguel
Departamento de Cardiologia, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran
Rev Invest Clin 54:462-71. 2002
- Dynamic changes in the QT-R-R relationship during head-up tilt test in patients with vasovagal syncopeKoichi Mizumaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 10:16-24. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate dynamic response of QT interval to transient changes in R-R interval during vasovagal syncope (VVS) induced by head-up tilt test...
- Contrasting neurovascular findings in chronic orthostatic intolerance and neurocardiogenic syncopeJulian M Stewart
Department of Pediatrics, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, U S A
Clin Sci (Lond) 104:329-40. 2003..We conclude that peripheral vascular physiology in patients with POTS is abnormal, in contrast with normal peripheral vascular physiology in neurocardiogenic syncope...
- Transient modification of baroreceptor response during tilt-induced vasovagal syncopeNemer Samniah
Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street SE, MMC 508, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Europace 6:48-54. 2004....
- Neurally-mediated syncope: an overview and approachJ S Shah
Department of Cardiology, KEM Hospital, Mumbai
J Assoc Physicians India 51:805-10. 2003
- Dynamic cardiorespiratory interaction during head-up tilt-mediated presyncopeS Krishnamurthy
No 2, Wenner Gren Research Laboratory, Center for Biomedical Engineering, Univ of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506 0070, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2510-7. 2004..Our results suggest that an altered cardiorespiratory interaction involving cerebral hemodynamics may contribute in the cascade of events during tilt that culminate in unexplained syncope...
- In a sweat over the riddle of reflex syncopeJ Gert van Dijk
Clin Auton Res 14:212-3. 2004
- Value of propranolol-induced heart rate and blood pressure changes in predicting results of tilt testingGrzegorz Gielerak
Department of Internal Diseases and Cardiology, Central Military Hospital, Medical Academy, Warsaw, Poland
Kardiol Pol 58:98-108. 2003..Whether this parameter is also useful in the identification of patients with vaso-vagal syncope (VVS) who could benefit from beta-blocker therapy, has not yet been established...
- Heart rate and blood pressure variability in subjects with vasovagal syncopeGianfranco Piccirillo
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Invecchiamento, Policlinico Umberto I, Universita La Sapienza, 00161 Rome, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 107:55-61. 2004..Spectral analysis of RR variability during controlled breathing, a procedure that predicts tilt-test responses, could be a useful guide in choosing the method of tilt testing...
- Efficacy of tilt training in the treatment of neurally mediated syncope. A randomized studyGiovanni Foglia-Manzillo
Department of Cardiology of Ospedale Valduce, Como, Italy
Europace 6:199-204. 2004..Because of poor compliance, tilt training appears to be a feasible treatment only for highly motivated patients, but not for the majority of patients with recurrent neurally mediated syncope...
- Responses to Tilt test in young and elderly patients with syncope of unknown originFabio Galetta
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 58:443-6. 2004....
- Vasoconstrictor reserve and sympathetic neural control of orthostasisQi Fu
Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas and the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Tex 75231, USA
Circulation 110:2931-7. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that individual variability in orthostatic tolerance is dependent on the degree of neural and vasomotor reserve available for vasoconstriction...
- Usefulness of pindolol for treatment of neurocardiogenic syncopeNandini Nair
Department of Cardiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 94:1189-91. 2004..The earliest benefit was seen </=3 days after initiating treatment. Side effects were better tolerated in younger patients (age <60 years)...
- Role of vagal control in vasovagal syncopeMasaru Suzuki
Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:571-8. 2003..In conclusion, continuous spectral analysis of the R-R interval demonstrated increased vagal influence on the heart in tilt induced syncope...
- Cardiovascular regulation in the period preceding vasovagal syncope in conscious humansP O O Julu
Institute for Cardiovascular Research, University of Leeds, UK
J Physiol 549:299-311. 2003..This study has given a clearer picture of the cardiovascular events leading up to pre-syncope. However, the mechanisms behind what causes a fully compensated system suddenly to become unstable remain unknown...
- Effect of acute exposure to 3660 m altitude on orthostatic responses and toleranceA P Blaber
Aerospace Physiology Laboratory, School of Kinesiology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada V5A 1S6
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:591-601. 2003..insufficient cerebral perfusion owing to cerebral vasoconstriction as the result of hypoxic hyperventilation-induced hypocapnia...
- [Dynamic changes in the QT interval during the head-up tilt test in patients with vasovagal syncope]P Mitro
II interná klinika Lekárskej fakulty UPJS, Kosice, Slovenska republika
Vnitr Lek 49:27-31. 2003..QTc dispersion before the test was higher in patients with VVS as compared with controls (0.087 sec. vs. 0.063 sec., p = 0.03), which suggests an increase in the baseline sympathetic tonus in patients with VVS...
- Reproducibility of the head-up tilt test results in children with vasovagal syncopeDursun Alehan
Pediatric Cardiology Unit, Hacettepe University, Ihsan Dogramaci Children s Hospital, Sihhiye 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Cardiol 88:19-25. 2003..This prospective study aims to investigate the reproducibility of HUTT results in children with typical history of vasovagal syncope...
- Impact of age and blood pressure on the lower arterial pressure limit for maintenance of consciousness during passive upright posture in healthy vasovagal fainters: preliminary observationsAnn E Giese
Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Europace 6:457-62; discussion 463. 2004..On the other hand, higher baseline BP provides older individuals a greater blood pressure 'reserve' for maintenance of consciousness compared with younger subjects...
- Elevated parasympathetic nerve tone in isoproterenol-induced neurally mediated syncope during head-up tilt testingA Takei
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Japan
Jpn Circ J 65:320-4. 2001..The early and persistent increase in parasympathetic nerve tone provoked by isoproterenol plays an important role in enhancing the vasovagal reaction during head-up tilt testing...
- Predisposition to vasovagal syncope in subjects with blood/injury phobiaV Accurso
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 104:903-7. 2001..Fainting related to these stimuli may in large part be due to dysfunction in neural circulatory control, which may secondarily lead to the phobia because of repeated syncopal events...
- Modulations of autonomic activity leading to tilt-mediated syncopeAntonio Franco Folino
Department of Cardiology, Via Giustiniani, 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
Int J Cardiol 120:102-7. 2007..The aim of our study was to evaluate the modifications of autonomic activity during Upright Tilt Test (UTT) in patients with unexplained syncope, and to correlate these changes with the specific cardiovascular reactions induced...
- Vasovagal syncope in patients with reduced left ventricular functionChristopher M Stanton
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Auton Res 17:33-8. 2007..Although this study had a small cohort size, the predominantly vasodepressor response without a cardioinhibitory component warrants further investigation into mechanisms of VVS in these patients...
- Correlation of postural blood pressure test and head-up tilt table test in patients with vasovagal syncopeMuhammet Ali Aydin
Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Cardiology 107:380-5. 2007..Vasovagal syncope is triggered by complex cerebral and cardiovascular reflex mechanisms leading to general vasodilatation and bradycardia resulting in cerebral hypoperfusion...
- Autonomic nervous system function in chronic dizzinessJeffrey P Staab
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Otol Neurotol 28:854-9. 2007....
- [Hemodynamic changes during head-up tilt test and predictive value thereof in predicting the efficacy of metoprolol therapy in children with vasovagal syncope]Qing you Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1260-2. 2007..To investigate the value of hemodynamic changes during head-up tilt (HUT) test and predictive value thereof in evaluating the efficacy of metoprolol therapy in children with vasovagal syncope (VSS)...
- Predicting tilt table resultsAlan H Kadish
Heart Rhythm 4:1383-4. 2007
- Autonomic and electrocardiographic changes in cardioinhibitory syncopeJesper Mehlsen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Frederiksberg Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Nardre Fasanvej 57, DK 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Europace 10:91-5. 2008..Cardioinhibitory syncope (CS) is a neurally mediated response causing bradycardia or asystole. This study reports on changes in blood pressure, heart rate variability (HRV), and ECG patterns before and after syncope with asystole...
- Alcohol produces imbalance of adrenal and neuronal sympathetic activity in patients with alcohol-induced neurocardiogenic syncopeNaoyuki Takahashi
Department of Cardiology, Surugadai Nihon University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Circ J 72:979-85. 2008..The mechanism of alcohol-induced syncope is unknown...
- Optimizing squatting as a physical maneuver to prevent vasovagal syncopeC T Paul Krediet
Dept of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center at the University of Amsterdam, F4 222 Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Auton Res 18:179-86. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that lower body skeletal muscle tensing (LBMT) attenuates the decrease of mean arterial blood pressure (MAP) upon standing from squatting when used as a maneuver to prevent vasovagal syncope...
- The venous system is the main determinant of hypotension in patients with vasovagal syncopeGiuseppe Fucà
Division of Cardiology, Ospedale Civile, 44042 Cento FE, Italy
Europace 8:839-45. 2006....
- [Importance of tilt-table testing compared with Schellong's test for the diagnosis of orthostatic dysregulations/syncopes]Sven Jungblut
Medizinische Klinik, St Katharinen Krankenhaus, Frankfurt Main
Med Klin (Munich) 101:198-202. 2006..The study compares the importance of tilt-table testing and Schellong's test for the diagnosis of syncopes...
- [Association of clinical features with different hemodynamic patterns in head-up tilt test in children with unexplained syncope]Qing you Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, First Hospital of Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:1962-5. 2005....
- Leg crossing improves orthostatic tolerance in healthy subjects: a placebo-controlled crossover studyC T Paul Krediet
Dept Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Univ of Amsterdam, Rm F4 222, Meibergdreef 9 1105AZ, Postbox 22660 1100DD, Netherlands
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H1768-72. 2006..05); and there was a trend toward lower thoracic impedance. Leg crossing increases orthostatic tolerance in healthy human subjects. As a measure of prevention, it is a worthwhile addition to the management of vasovagal syncope...
- Influence of tilt training on activation of the autonomic nervous system in patients with vasovagal syncopeJacek Gajek
Department of Cardiology, Medical University of Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
Acta Cardiol 61:123-8. 2006..Its therapeutic efficacy is thought to be the result of the desensitization of cardiopulmonary receptors, but it could be the influence of the tilt training on the activation of the autonomic nervous system as well...
- Patterns of hypocapnia on tilt in patients with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, nonspecific dizziness, and neurally mediated syncopeJochanan E Naschitz
Department of Internal Medicine A, the Bnai Zion Medical Center and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Am J Med Sci 331:295-303. 2006....
- [Sensitization of tilt-table testing for syncope of unknown etiology: which drug to use?]E Salame
Service de cardiologie, Hopital Hotel Dieu de France, Rue Alfred Naccache, Beyrouth, Liban
Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris) 55:135-9. 2006..v. However, this method is difficult to perform and time consuming. The objective of our study was to compare sublingual trinitrin administration to i.v. isoproterenol during tilt-table testing...
- Pooling in chronic orthostatic intolerance: arterial vasoconstrictive but not venous compliance defectsJulian M Stewart
Department of Pediatrics and Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circulation 105:2274-81. 2002..My colleagues and I tested the hypothesis that pooling results from increased venous compliance in POTS patients...
- [Tilt-table-testing in childhood: non-invasive, continuous hemodynamic monitoring]R DallaPozza
Abteilung für Pädiatrische Kardiologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Klin Padiatr 219:225-9. 2007..Two methods of continuous, non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring during the tilt table test are presented and their usefulness for clinical routine is discussed.
- Reduced systemic vascular resistance in healthy volunteers with presyncopal symptoms during a nitrate-stimulated tilt-table testAnna Tahvanainen
Department of Internal Medicine, Tampere School of Public Health, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Br J Clin Pharmacol 71:41-51. 2011..The purpose of the present study was to compare the underlying haemodynamic mechanisms in subjects without and with presyncopal symptoms during a nitroglycerin-stimulated tilt-table test...
- Camphor-Crataegus berry extract combination dose-dependently reduces tilt induced fall in blood pressure in orthostatic hypotensionG G Belz
Center for Cardiovascular Pharmacology, ZeKaPha GmbH, Mainz, Germany
Phytomedicine 9:581-8. 2002..Orthostatic hypotension was assessed with the tilt table test before and after medication...
- Impedance cardiography and beat-to-beat blood pressure monitoring in diagnosis of syncope in long-QT syndromeR Dalla Pozza
Abteilung für Pädiatrische Kardiologie der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:767-71. 2005..presents a patient with LQTS2 (mutation in the HERG gene) on medication with beta-blocker, in whom a head-up-tilt table test was performed after syncope of unknown origin...
- [Tilt-table test. Value in children and adolescents]B Brembilla-Perrot
Service de cardiologie A, CHU de Brabois, Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:687-92. 1997..The authors conclude that the tilt test is an investigation easy to carry out in the young child and which spares complementary investigation in cases of positivity and guides medical treatment...
- Psychogenic pseudosyncope: an underestimated and provable diagnosisSelim R Benbadis
Department of Neurology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33606, USA
Epilepsy Behav 9:106-10. 2006..With syncope, about 20-30% of the cases remain unexplained after a complete evaluation, but, unlike in seizures, a psychogenic etiology is not usually investigated...
- Peripheral and autonomic nervous system involvement in chronic GM2-gangliosidosisM S Salman
Division of Neurology, University of Toronto and Hospital for Sick Children, ON, Canada
J Inherit Metab Dis 24:65-71. 2001..In some cases, this may be clinically significant. On the other hand, cardiovascular autonomic instability is apparently not a significant problem in young adult patients with the disease...
- [Malignant vasovagal syncope]László Halmai
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, II sz Belgyógyászati Klinika és Kardiológiai Központ
Orv Hetil 144:1235-9. 2003..A simple, non-invasive evaluation of circulatory responses to acute orthostasis, the head-up tilt table test, can identify cardiovascular reflex abnormalities in patients with recurrent idiopathic seizure-like episodes...
- Cerebral blood flow velocity during tilt table test for pediatric syncopeR A Rodriguez
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Pediatrics 104:237-42. 1999..Brain hypoperfusion during neurocardiogenic syncope develops as a consequence of hypotension and bradycardia. Transcranial Doppler indicates that an increase in cerebral vascular resistance occurs before or during the loss of consciousness...
- Diagnostic patterns and temporal trends in the evaluation of adult patients hospitalized with syncopeL A Pires
Department of Medicine, St John Hospital and Medical Center, 22101 Moross, Detroit, MI 48236, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:1889-95. 2001..Syncope is a common clinical problem that is often difficult and expensive to diagnose. We examined diagnostic patterns and trends and use of specialty consultations in the evaluation of syncope...
- Enhanced reflex response to baroreceptor deactivation in subjects with tilt-induced syncopeMariavittoria Pitzalis
Institute of Cardiology, University of Bari, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:1167-73. 2003..We sought to evaluate whether changes in resting baroreflex control of heart rate are a distinctive feature of healthy subjects with a history of syncope prone to a positive tilt-test response...
- Long QT syndrome patients may faint due to neurocardiogenic syncopeE Toft
Center for Sensory Motor Interaction, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark
Europace 5:367-70. 2003..Often these patients faint in situations with emotional stress. The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether neurocardiogenic syncope occurs in LQTS...
- [Hemodynamic and neuroendocrine profile of 2 different cardiovascular responses in vasodepressor syncope induced by the head-up tilt test]R Cicogna
Cattedra e Divisione di Cardiologia, Università degli Studi e Spedali Civili di Brescia
G Ital Cardiol 22:1367-79. 1992....
- Bradycardia and asystole with the use of vagus nerve stimulation for the treatment of epilepsy: a rare complication of intraoperative device testingJ J Asconape
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5250, USA
Epilepsia 40:1452-4. 1999..A 56-year-old man with mild mental retardation, right congenital hemiparesis, and refractory partial seizures was referred for vagus nerve stimulation (VNS)...
- Risk of vasovagal syncope and cardiac arrhythmias in children with mitral valve prolapseMerih Cetinkaya
Uludag University, Faculty of Medicine, Dept of Neonatology, Bursa, Turkey
Acta Cardiol 63:395-8. 2008..In this study, arrhythmia and vasovagal syncope incidence were investigated in children with MVP...
- Head-up Tilt Table Testing: a state-of-the-art reviewM P Tan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle, UK
Minerva Med 100:329-38. 2009..The practicalities of conducting the HUTT and limitations of HUTTs are also discussed...
- Response to treatment during medium-term follow-up in a series of patients with neurocardiogenic syncopeEnrique Asensio Lafuente
Departamento de Cardiologia, Clínica de Marcapasos, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 35:416-20. 2004....
- [Two years' experience in a specific autonomic nervous system service]J A Monge-Argiles
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
Rev Neurol 48:566-71. 2009..Despite the high incidence and prevalence of pathologies affecting the autonomic nervous system (ANS), this part of neurology has received very little specific attention in clinical care in our country...
- Midodrine hydrochloride in the treatment of vasovagal syncopeP Mitro
Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical Faculty, University of P J Safarik, Kosice, Slovakia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:1620-4. 1999..5 mg two times daily in 25 patients and 5 mg two times daily in 16 patients. During a mean follow-up period 19+/-9 months, 38 of 39 patients (97%) with negative repeated tilt table test remained free of syncope recurrence.
- Evaluation of a single stage nitroglycerin tilt table test for diagnosis of neurally mediated syncopeC Zeng
Department of Cardiology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 24:1494-9. 2001The purpose of this study was to compare clinical outcomes between a single stage head-up tilt table test (HUT) with infusion of 3...
- [Arterial hypertension with orthostatic hypotension]B Krahulec
II interná klinika Lekárskej fakulty UK a UN Bratislava, Slovenska republika
Vnitr Lek 56:951-4. 2010..Diagnostic value has simple screening bedside orthostatic test, respectively head up tilt table test and cardiovascular reflex tests...
- Photoplethysmography pulse rate variability as a surrogate measurement of heart rate variability during non-stationary conditionsE Gil
Aragon Institute of Engineering Research, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
Physiol Meas 31:1271-90. 2010..The study is based on analysis of the changes observed during a tilt table test in the heart rate modulation of 17 young subjects...
- A comparison of a single-stage isoproterenol tilt table test protocol with conventional two-staged tilt protocol in patients with syncopeTodd J Cohen
Electrophysiology Section in the Cardiology Division of the Department of Medicine, Winthrop University Hospital, New York, NY 11501, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 14:430-1. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the introduction of this single-stage tilt protocol to sequential two-staged tilt table testing...
- [Value of transcranial Doppler sonography during tilt table test in children]H Eberhardt
Kinderkrankenhaus St Marien, Landshut, Germany
Ultraschall Med 23:379-82. 2002Transcranial Doppler sonography was used to asses time relation and characteristically changes in middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity before syncope during tilt table test in children.
- The role of autonomic neuropathy in the genesis of intradialytic hypotensionM H Chang
Section of Neurology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, No 160 Chung Kang Road, Section 3, Taichung 40705, Taiwan
Am J Nephrol 21:357-61. 2001..Intradialytic hypotension is a frequent complication of hemodialysis. Some authors have pointed to autonomic neuropathy as a major cause of intradialytic hypotension. However, other authors have found no such association...
- Home orthostatic training in vasovagal syncope modifies autonomic tone: results of a randomized, placebo-controlled pilot studyMaw Pin Tan
Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Europace 12:240-6. 2010..To detect possible autonomic changes due to home orthostatic training (HOT) and to assess the feasibility of a larger, placebo-controlled study of HOT in vasovagal syncope (VVS)...
- Diagnostic management of orthostatic intolerance in the workplaceR Winker
Division of Occupational Medicine, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, Vienna 1090, Austria
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 76:143-50. 2003..In this paper we examine the reliability and validity of a questionnaire as a screening instrument for OI...
- [Orthostatic intolerance--prevalence, diagnostic management and its significance for occupational medicine]Robert Winker
Klinische Abteilung für Arbeitsmedizin der Universität Wien, Wien, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:40-6. 2004..OI hitherto can only be diagnosed by a tilt table examination with high expenditure. In this paper we examine the reliability and validity of a questionnaire as a screening instrument for OI...
- Clinical findings as predictors of positivity of head-up tilt table test in neurocardiogenic syncopeEnrique Asensio
Departamento de Cardiologia, Clinica de Arritmias y Marcapasos, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
Arch Med Res 34:287-91. 2003..Neurocardiogenic (vasovagal) syncope occurs frequently and can be diagnosed with the head-up tilt table (HUTT) test. Our objective in this study was to identify clinical predictors of the positivity of HUTT test in neurocardiogenic syncope...
- Nonpharmacological treatment of reflex syncopeWouter Wieling
Dept of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center University of Amsterdam Room F4 221, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Auton Res 14:62-70. 2004..Patients should be instructed to avoid potential triggers. A tilt table test can be employed to teach the patient to recognize early premonitory symptoms...
- Autonomic Testing in Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders: Implications of Reproducible Gastrointestinal Complaints during Tilt Table TestingShaista Safder
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital, Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Gastroenterol Res Pract 2009:868496. 2009Background: The pathophysiology of functional abdominal pain (FAP) is unknown. The upright portion of a tilt table test triggers typical symptoms in certain children...
- Simplified tilt table test protocol with continuous upright position during medication administration and no hydrationJohn D Fisher
Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Cardiology Division, Arrhythmia Service, North 2, 111 E 210th St, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:451-2. 2003..001). Time consumed with rehydration before and postural changes during HUTs may be avoided when ISO is administered. With NTG the response may be excessive...
- [Syncope in the elderly: diagnostic utility of carotid sinus massage in the head-up tilt test]Marcos Benchimol
Hospital Universitario Gaffrée e Guinle, Universidade do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 61:87-90. 2003..He remained symptom-free for the ensuing 18 months. This case supports the diagnostic utility of carotid sinus massage during the head-up tilt test in patients with unexplained non-convulsive loss of consciousness...
- Circulatory Dysfunction in Chronic Fatigue SyndromeJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Detecting Endothelial Dysfunction in Renal FailureJulian Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will form the basis of future noninvasive prognostic testing and treatment of patients at risk for ECD and can provide a means to follow treatment modalities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- T Wave Alternans and Repolarization AbnormalitiesDaniel Bloomfield; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- The Efficacy of TUMT and Neoadjuvant Finasteride for BPHKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2005..We are proposing a 3-arm, placebo/sham controlled, randomized clinical trial using changes in symptoms as the primary ..
- Cardiovascular Chemoreflex-Baroreflex InteractionJOHN HALLIWILL; Fiscal Year: 2005..By addressing these aims, we will extend insights that are now only available in animals to a poorly understood area of cardiovascular regulation in humans. ..
- Effect Of Weight-Increased Psychotropic Medications on Appetite RegulationKIMBERLY ANN BROWNLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, information gained from this study may be instrumental in reducing obesity and obesity-related morbidities in patients with severe mental illness. ..
- Pathophysiology of Heart Failure with a Normal Ejection Fraction in the ElderlyMathew S Maurer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cerebral Vasoregulation In Elderly with StrokeVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study may improve our understanding of optimal BP targets for the maintenance of cerebral perfusion in elderly people with stroke. ..
- HYPOGLYCEMIA AND AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM FUNCTIONRoy Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, the broad long term objectives of the proposal are to fully understand the mechanisms and consequences of hypoglycemia associated autonomic failure with the ultimate goal of finding an efficacious treatment. ..
- REGULATION OF PROSTATE GROWTH BY NEURAL FACTORSKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using this model allows one to explore the limits of understanding prostatic neuroregulation, to explore neurotrophic influences on exocrine gland development, and to possibly uncover novel methods to influence prostate disease. ..
- Cardiovascular Causes of Falls/Syncope in the ElderlyMathew Maurer; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- N O S AND NEUROPATHIC AND ENDOTHELIAL INDUCED EDKevin McVary; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results of this research will aid in the understanding of how diabetic neuropathy contributes to sexual dysfunction and elucidate possible mechanisms to prevent them. ..
- MECHANISM OF PAIN IN PATIENTS WITH FIBROMYALGIA SYNDROMERoland Staud; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, our findings may contribute to the understanding of pain mechanisms related to other chronic pain disorders. ..
- Peripheral and Central Mechanism of Pain in Patients with FibromyalgiaROLAND M STAUD; Fiscal Year: 2010..Either way, we will provide evidence that will characterize the role of local anesthesia, placebo analgesia, or both. Thus patients with FM and other similar pain syndromes may strongly benefit from the results of our study. ..
- Gender & orthostatic intolerance: mechanisms and therapyQi Fu; Fiscal Year: 2008..The combination of advanced training in patient-oriented research and in-depth study of an important clinical problem will prepare me well for a career as an independent investigator. ..
- Dynamical Assessment of Cerebral AutoregulationVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2007..Therefore, this project may have substantial socioeconomic impact. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Circuit Weight Training and Blood Pressure Regulation in PrehypertensionWilliam Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cerebromicrovascular disease in elderly with diabetesVera Novak; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will provide new data and biomarkers on cerebral perfusion and functional outcomes in type 2 DM, that can be used to initialize the efforts to implement brain protection as a new target for prevention of DM complications. ..
- Middle-ear assessment via reflectance measurementsSusan Voss; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will both strengthen the research environment at Smith College and provide substantial research experiences for undergraduate students. ..
- VESTIBULOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES IN HUMANSCHESTER RAY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- SPATIOTEMPORAL EEG QUALIFICATION IN INFANT DEVELOPMENTPhilip Grieve; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Vestibular Influences on Head Direction Cell ActivityBill Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work may also provide insights into potential effects of peripheral and central vestibular lesions on spatial cognition in humans. ..
- PERINATAL ASSESSMENT OF AT RISK POPULATIONSWILLIAM FIFER; Fiscal Year: 2005....